4.1

1. Nu3gaWhat
    Jan 10, 2010
    Terrible. The story line is weak and short. Multiplayer? LOL Yeah the biggest fail ever. NO dedicated servers, NO kicking/banning, NO choice in what map you play or any other options OTHER then gametype, NO leaning, unbalanced weapons/perks/killstreaks, retarded respawns on overly busy map designs that leads to always being shot in the back by someone respawning or being killed by a Terrible. The story line is weak and short. Multiplayer? LOL Yeah the biggest fail ever. NO dedicated servers, NO kicking/banning, NO choice in what map you play or any other options OTHER then gametype, NO leaning, unbalanced weapons/perks/killstreaks, retarded respawns on overly busy map designs that leads to always being shot in the back by someone respawning or being killed by a camper, cheaters run rampant and are blatant because there is NOTHING you can do about them. Oh maybe VAC will detect the PUBLIC hacks, and ban them a few weeks later...maybe. It just keeps being worse. Lack of a console to tweak settings or even to display your frames per second!!!! Laggy as f*ck, as expected with no dedicated servers. Worst of all, IW is ignoring the community, and even insulting our intelligence. Deleting threads and petitions on their forums. Also what would appear to me, having their employees or simply people they pay to blatantly lie saying how good the game is. All of this for $10 more then PC games go for.....what a rip off. Expand
  2. mathieuG.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Well, I was always a fan of the Call of Duty games, the only reason why I voted so high was because the single player was actually really really good. The multiplayer on the other hand is complete garbage. The PC community was completely abandoned when dedicated servers were taken out, its not that the game is garbage really, its mostly that the loyal gamers were completely ignored. The Well, I was always a fan of the Call of Duty games, the only reason why I voted so high was because the single player was actually really really good. The multiplayer on the other hand is complete garbage. The PC community was completely abandoned when dedicated servers were taken out, its not that the game is garbage really, its mostly that the loyal gamers were completely ignored. The community is completely destroyed. Meeting familiar faces is no longer do-able. Just another console game with a mouse, its all MW2 is. Stick with MW1 if you are a skilled fps player. Did I mention that the hosts get 0 ping, while everyone gets 70+ in every game? Really big disadvantageous if you ask me, not to forget to mention that the nub tubes are still in the game. And theres NO WAY to take them out. Skilled FPS are a thing of the past, its all about "nice" graphics and consumer dollars. Don't support this game, it was my mistake for not listening to the podcast. Expand
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    Disappointing rehash of an old, old, very old, franchise. Call of Duty used to feel unique but they have milked this cashcow to death a long time ago. Avoid.
  4. PiotrS
    Dec 8, 2009
    Completely dissapointed, PC version is only a shadow of CoD4. Pointless console port the way I see it.
  5. AwfulGame
    Jan 11, 2010
    Terrible game. Doesn't deserve half of the press it got. Obviously a rush job. And that's only talking about the parts where they didn't purposely neuter the PC version! IW should be ashamed of this product.
  6. SFinn
    Jan 1, 2010
    Biggest flop of '09. The single player story is HORRIBLE. As most people know MP doesn't have dedicated servers, 'nuff said.
  7. Freaky
    Jan 13, 2010
    I have the game and can't even play it! I'm getting that "iw4mp.exe" error! Tried all the fixes I've found on google, but nothing works! This is some BULLS*#T!
  8. MikeV
    Jan 14, 2010
    battled to run the game for 18 hours, tied up my internet connection for 5 days, made no progress. Game unplayable. Very dissapointing.
  9. ianm
    Jan 14, 2010
    Weapons are as poor as ive seen. akimbo shotguns better range than most guns joke Sniper guns are poor no need to hit enemy to kill them .mw2 has ruined cod for ever as a pc game Badcompany 2 the way forward now
  10. ProGamer
    Jan 2, 2010
    Shame on Infinity Ward!!!!!!!!! Worst CoD ever on PC I can not understand how the game has so get a good evaluation from the press! Counter Strike remains the number 1 and that will not change as long as the shooter genre is destroyed by consoles
  11. AndrewY
    Jan 20, 2010
    Don't buy this game whatever you do, i spent £55 (£100USD) on this game. with the shortest single player ever in a FPS game. As you can tell by the user the reviews, this is the most frustrating purchase ever, bad game matching in multiplayer, millions of hackers (numbers growing day by day), no anticheat support, no dedicated servers = the worst game ever. looks pretty Don't buy this game whatever you do, i spent £55 (£100USD) on this game. with the shortest single player ever in a FPS game. As you can tell by the user the reviews, this is the most frustrating purchase ever, bad game matching in multiplayer, millions of hackers (numbers growing day by day), no anticheat support, no dedicated servers = the worst game ever. looks pretty enjoyable single player for a few hours the most annoying multiplayer experience ever !!! Dont go with any Infinity Ward games !! They Spent Multi Millions, on Re Skinning COD4 !! and taking the best bits out ! a absolute CON ! Expand
  12. ChristopherM
    Jan 24, 2010
    The single player is alright but since I'm primarily focused on the multiplayer, it's unbearable. Poor host selection is commonplace and the lag can be unbearable. I find it amusing how they have a "Kick" option in the lobby screen but it's always grayed out. Theres no way to vote kick vote ban vote anything really, the best you can do is mute someones microphone but that The single player is alright but since I'm primarily focused on the multiplayer, it's unbearable. Poor host selection is commonplace and the lag can be unbearable. I find it amusing how they have a "Kick" option in the lobby screen but it's always grayed out. Theres no way to vote kick vote ban vote anything really, the best you can do is mute someones microphone but that doesn't stop racism. As of the last patch the game consistantly crashes and I get booted back to the initial screen. IW literally spit in PC gamers faces when they called the people who signed the petition to implement dedicated servers (250,000 signatures, more than you see online at any time.) If you have a cheater in your game, you might as well leave because your gaming experience will be ruined because there is no way to remove the cheater from your game. Yet at least, I would assume they would give the host the ability to kick players in later patches. Expand
  13. JasonL
    Nov 10, 2009
    seriously, the decision to take out dedicated server and lower the player to less then 20 in multiplayer mode is a very "SMART" decision. Since it helped my save $60 for other stuff that i liked. God bless you, IW, for helping me save my money!
  14. NathanS
    Nov 10, 2009
    9 vs 9 is a step backwards in pc gaming. IW pretty much slapped pc gamers in the face by not using dedicated servers. Don't waste your money on this. Especially if you're looking for good multiplayer. If you're just interested in single player, get it off bittorrent and slap IW in their faces.
  15. EpicFail
    Dec 22, 2009
    No dedicated server support and a complete lack of caring for PC by Infinity Ward creates a mediocre console port for a generation of hard core gamers. Pass on this one, and wait for Bad Company 2.
  16. DigitzO
    Dec 2, 2009
    Without dedicated servers, I've lost all control of what I wanna play. I have to painfully sit and wait through bad maps that I'm not interested in. I've seen many hackers online and there isn't anything you can do about it. There are a couple maps that I would love to play around the clock...but, I can't. So I've went back to CSS 2 weeks ago and haven't Without dedicated servers, I've lost all control of what I wanna play. I have to painfully sit and wait through bad maps that I'm not interested in. I've seen many hackers online and there isn't anything you can do about it. There are a couple maps that I would love to play around the clock...but, I can't. So I've went back to CSS 2 weeks ago and haven't looked back. But hey, they got my money so what do they care ? Expand
  17. VanjaL
    Dec 28, 2009
    The story is just terrible. I guess they saw the reaction to the unexpected death of a protagonist and the absolutely fantastic ending of Modern Warfare 1 and tried to repeat it. It was just awkward and the amount of main character deaths just aggravated me. Altho the story is flawed, you could still have fun with the singleplayer if it wasn't so damn short. The multiplayer is The story is just terrible. I guess they saw the reaction to the unexpected death of a protagonist and the absolutely fantastic ending of Modern Warfare 1 and tried to repeat it. It was just awkward and the amount of main character deaths just aggravated me. Altho the story is flawed, you could still have fun with the singleplayer if it wasn't so damn short. The multiplayer is retarded. Just retarded. Skip this one and buy Dragon Age instead. Expand
  18. [anonymous]
    Dec 23, 2009
    Going from CoD4 to this was a serious downgrade. No dedicated servers, lots of glitches, bad single player, and many other issues.
  19. JonB
    Dec 29, 2009
    Glad to see people giving MW2 what it deserves. MW2 brought mainstream-America to video games, and that's not okay. Hope you go out of business, Infinity Ward. You guys are horrible people.
  20. Aug 24, 2010
    The multiplayer for this game is terrible. Graphics can be good but it is very toned down. It's fine if you want to join a game about to end repeatedly and try to leave a match only to be put right back in it. Also if you don't mind the constant stream of grenade launchers and very annoying things. I and many others have had random annoying deaths that weren't in the past CoDs. Also perksThe multiplayer for this game is terrible. Graphics can be good but it is very toned down. It's fine if you want to join a game about to end repeatedly and try to leave a match only to be put right back in it. Also if you don't mind the constant stream of grenade launchers and very annoying things. I and many others have had random annoying deaths that weren't in the past CoDs. Also perks are annoying. Especially commando, being knifed from across the room is not fun. The singleplayer was good for but nothing special and nothing that will stick to you memory. All in all I give this a 0. The gameplay is plain terrible the the horrible anti-cheat, hackers, and down right annoying things. This game could have been good but its idea of making it "noob" friendly was its downfall. Expand
  21. Sep 4, 2012
    Single player is extremely short and feels like an interactive Michael Bay movie instead of a game. Multiplayer is a total mess, there are no dedicated servers, you spend more time in lobbies trying to find a game than actually playing it, the respawn system is terrible, the killstreak rewards are way too powerful and the list could go on... I only give it a 3 because I had some fun hereSingle player is extremely short and feels like an interactive Michael Bay movie instead of a game. Multiplayer is a total mess, there are no dedicated servers, you spend more time in lobbies trying to find a game than actually playing it, the respawn system is terrible, the killstreak rewards are way too powerful and the list could go on... I only give it a 3 because I had some fun here and there, but my overall recommendation is: don't even consider buying this game! I was a great fan of the previous CoD titles but with MW2 and MW3 Activision managed to ruin this once great franchise. Expand
  22. Sep 5, 2013
    The single-player matters!
    You cannot release a game with a full single-player mode and then say: "It's all about the multi-player". Some people actually don't care about MP so you cannot be a unbiased reviewer and only talk about one part of the game.
    The single-player matters!
    So let's begin with the single-player. It is a complete mess. The AI is beyond stupid, they will just run at you until gunned down. They won't use strategy, they won't use cover, they won't flank or even do much to kill you at all. The sound design makes the guns un-satisfying to use as they lack any real impact.
    The story is your usual "America good. Middle-East terrorist.". It's getting tiresome running around desert-filled streets shooting anything that isn't white. The story is presented in such a bad way that you have to piece together the whole thing by yourself. It took me more than one playthrough to even understand what was going on. Characters don't act realistically so you will never understand their motivations. It seems they came up with a half a dozen set-pieces and just built the story around them.
    In the first Modern Warfare it was shocking when your character died in a nuclear explosion so naturally, they thought that they would try to recreate that in this game. You are killed (as part of the story) about 4 times. I really hope that I misunderstood this because it's not surprising when you do it every 10 minutes.
    And speaking of minutes, there aren't that many in the story. The main campaign might take you 4 or 5 hours. This is unacceptable and absolutely pathetic.
    Alright, multi-player. It's broken. The weapons are so imbalanced that less than a dozen guns are actually used by players and if you try to use anything else you will be mauled to the ground like a baby by a dozen rabid pit-bulls. Rewarding kills with even more ridiculous ways to kill people is just plain stupid. If you are not extremely skilled at this game you will be killed repeatedly by the same guy and when you think you can kill him, he comes back in a chopper. And then he drops a nuke on you. The maps are awfully designed and don't encourage anything other than the run and gun technique. They are way too small and cramped and the amount of players on each server is laughable.
    You also don't have any dedicated servers, you can't kick/ban, you cannot choose maps and so on. The FOV is freaking ridiculous as well and it gives me eye-strain just looking at it for half an hour.
    This game is a mess and Activision must have been sucking off a lot of critics out there to recieve an 86 on Metacritic.
  23. Jun 26, 2013
    As a fan of earlier call of duty games this will be the last consider buying for sometime. The single player isnt the issue its action packed and has a few decent twists. The Mutlitplayer is another story, the lack of dedicated servers completely kills the game for me and the replacement often send you into rubbish servers. To add insult to injury the amount of DLC for this game means thatAs a fan of earlier call of duty games this will be the last consider buying for sometime. The single player isnt the issue its action packed and has a few decent twists. The Mutlitplayer is another story, the lack of dedicated servers completely kills the game for me and the replacement often send you into rubbish servers. To add insult to injury the amount of DLC for this game means that every other map im kicked out of the server due to a map i haven't bought being up next.....if only there were dedicated servers so i could stick to a server that didn't use the DLC maps.

If i could rate the single player and co-op alone it would receive a 8/10 its a little short but the spec ops makes up for that and some of the challenges and timed events are good fun.
    However the shocking multiplayer which would get a 0/10 drags the whole experience down, if the call of duty games didnt rely so shamelessly on multiplayer to be worth the money they cost maybe i could justify buying them.
  24. Oct 20, 2013
    The campaign is awful. Gameplay is repetitive and only really fun with the snowmobile mission. Plot doesn't really make sense and the characters are hollow and cliché. As for multiplayer Halo 3 and Counter Strike are much better.
  25. MarshallE
    Nov 11, 2009
    Singularly the worst of all the Call of Duty games. No dedicated server, No coop, No leaning, No FOV adjust, No console, Unskippable everything, Short single player, Implied racism, Slanders several countries and peoples. Most politically incorrect game I've ever played, and for no good reason either. Avoid this soulless tripe at all costs.
  26. MazzleT
    Jan 4, 2010
    fucking discrace of a game, absolutely unplayable multiplayer, endless rubberbanding, terrible lag, unbalanced teams, client switch every 5 minutes, do not waste yout money on this abominable travesty of a failure made purely for money so they can leech us evety penny from there low quality trash
  27. whyreally
    Nov 10, 2009
    I downloaded it via torrents and it is a lot worse than I thought it would be I cancelled my preorder because the lack of support is simply degenerative to the PC community I'm not glad I did - singleplayer is meh graphics are meh sound is good gameplay is exactly the same as cod 4 (not bad...nothing new) its the exact same game - don't know how people can claim this is the best I downloaded it via torrents and it is a lot worse than I thought it would be I cancelled my preorder because the lack of support is simply degenerative to the PC community I'm not glad I did - singleplayer is meh graphics are meh sound is good gameplay is exactly the same as cod 4 (not bad...nothing new) its the exact same game - don't know how people can claim this is the best game of all time - its horrible - its not unique - and it sets standards which are akin to shitting on a persons head IW/Activision has taken the wrong road... by embracing console gamers, they alienate their entire base from which they came - its simply mind boggling the stupidity of the situation of the WAY below standard expectations for games no console they can push out the same crap year after year and get even more money - its simply pathetic our society is as retarded as that Expand
  28. KenK
    Nov 11, 2009
    Short, lackluster campaign and broken multiplayer. The game just doesn't live up to modern day PC FPS standards, all while being overpriced. Don't give in to the hype, MW2 is a disappointment.
  29. Aug 28, 2010
    I have always been a fan of call of duty games so i figured i would like this one. I pre-ordered the special edition and picked it up day one. I finished the campaign which was short but fun. I played mulitplayer which was also fun. For the first week. Then everyone was exploiting glitches, using the same over powered weapons and perks. It is a horrible multiplayer experience to this day.I have always been a fan of call of duty games so i figured i would like this one. I pre-ordered the special edition and picked it up day one. I finished the campaign which was short but fun. I played mulitplayer which was also fun. For the first week. Then everyone was exploiting glitches, using the same over powered weapons and perks. It is a horrible multiplayer experience to this day. It only gets a 1 because the single player is decent. Expand
  30. MarshalB
    Nov 10, 2009
    No Dedicated servers, no mods, 9vs9 multiplayer, no kicking cheaters, 4 hour campaign. This game is pretty much a $60 expansion to a game with features removed, any reviewer giving it a 10 ought to be ashamed of themselves.

The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is identical to the console versions in almost every way, and that's actually the problem. PC gamers have a certain expectation for online shooters. Removing dedicated server and user mod support from a game that's already $10 more than its predecessor seriously hinders the long term appeal for me.
  2. Modern Warfare 2 will leave you breathless.
  3. It looks better, it plays better, the story is more intense and the multiplayer is more inviting. And with the inclusion of SpecOps, the longevity of this game is sure to have increased as well.