Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC

2.5

1. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a very nice campaign ,and despite it's old graphics ,the multiplayer is getting even better than the previous cods...well balanced and praticaly no bugs/glitches ...
    This game is almost perfect if you want to have a good time ,if not...then do not rate it
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    Yes, we know, the graphics are dated! And yes, they may be a downgrade. But once you get past the fact that this game isn't nearly as spectacular to look at as BF3, you realize that this is a really good game.

For starters, the campaign feels like MW2, but it has much better storytelling that is reminiscent of CoD4 (though that might be due to all the CoD4 characters and scenes that return). There are numerous references back to the first two games, and if you didn't play them, you might be a little lost, but they never go overboard with references to the point that those who never played those games would hate the story. Overall, once you get past the first couple of levels (which aren't that great), it is pretty much five hours (not three hours--unless you play on Recruit or seriously rush it) of great enjoyment. Yes, it's linear, but I'm assuming anyone who has any knowledge of CoD would know that before reading a review.

When it comes to the Spec-Ops, this is definitely the best co-op in CoD to date. The survival mode is a lot more interesting than zombies, and while there's nothing sci-fi about it, you will face a more diverse group of enemies and have a little more to play with. Missions are pretty much the same as Spec-Ops in MW2 with some of them almost being taken directly from the MW2 ones (and one being nearly identical to "Mile High Club" from CoD4). You also can level up and unlock more stuff to use in the Survival mode.

The multiplayer, as you would expect, is sort of CoD4 meets MW2. Granted, at this point, it is too early to tell how many exploits there will be, but the game has definitely been balanced in comparison to MW2 (knifing and explosives aren't nearly as skill-less, but they also are still effective). It still lacks the level of teamwork of BF3, but that may improve as people learn more about the maps. The good news is that the horrendous lag of Black Ops did not carry over to this game, and while IWNet certainly has its issues, it feels almost refreshing in comparison to BO's ridiculous server issues. It isn't perfect and it is probably the worst feature of the game, but it isn't game breaking either.

But in the end, this is CoD, and it is definitely catered to the Modern Warfare crowd particularly. If you've enjoyed Call of Duty in the past, this is definitely worth your $60. Sure it has its issues, it probably will never be better than CoD4, and it probably won't take up as much time as previous CoD games have recently (with BF3 having just released and Skyrim coming in a few days). But as a whole, this is a fun game and a great refresher after MW2 and BO were so disappointing.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Everyone who has left a negative metascore either never liked Call of Duty/not a CoD fan or came from a huge Battlefield 3 hate crowd to destroy MW3 for some odd reason this always confused me because these 2 games of 2 different publishers/developers have only 1 thing in common they have guns thats it. Call of Duty is great for its own style of shooter. Modern Warfare 3 takes the seriesEveryone who has left a negative metascore either never liked Call of Duty/not a CoD fan or came from a huge Battlefield 3 hate crowd to destroy MW3 for some odd reason this always confused me because these 2 games of 2 different publishers/developers have only 1 thing in common they have guns thats it. Call of Duty is great for its own style of shooter. Modern Warfare 3 takes the series over the edge with its new levels and gametypes. The Singleplayer is just as good, but with only 1 minor flaw, it's 3 hours. 2 things about the game I dont entirely dislike more as wish it was different is the graphics engine and the field of view is locked at 60. Other than its minor flaws the game is perfect third installment of a great series of modern warfare games! :) Expand
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    The campaign had a slightly compelling story, but was very predictable.
    And speaking about predictable : anyone with half a brain saw most plot-twists coming, especially the chapter where Makarov anticipates the 141 ambush and Soap dies.
    It was also short, much like MW2, it lasted all of 6½ hours before i was done. And that was me taking my time and not rushing through. The
    The campaign had a slightly compelling story, but was very predictable.
    It was also short, much like MW2, it lasted all of 6½ hours before i was done.
    And that was me taking my time and not rushing through.
    The amount of re-used material was obscene.

The special ops were boring, too much repetition again of stuff from the previous game, and just like MW2, it built too much on what you already did in the campaign.
    It's so un-original i am wondering why it took them this long to release the damn thing. and IW/Sledgehammer trying to pull a fast one on us with that Survival mode (zombies rehash minus the zombies, anyone?)... That just ticked me off so much i never even bothered with multiplayer, which, from the looks of other user reviews, means i didn't miss much.
    All in all, glad i got this game for free from my boss, because if i had spent money on this, i'd have been very, very angry.
  5. Nov 12, 2011
    Man, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise itMan, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise it wouldn't sell as much. Is there really any question to why MW3 has already SHATTERED Black Ops release numbers? Which btw Black Ops shattered MW2's. This is a trend here. Games that SUCK dont sell more year after year, how stupid are you haters? There's NO way the "user reviews" on this site are that low, this is a quality product. I've spent 22 hrs on the game already and IW constantly refine and perfect the formula I've come to love since call of duty 2. This isnt The Madden series where it's literally the same game with a different roster, don't be fooled by those who say it is just like that. Thiis game is the greatest Call of duty of all time. Eff off haters!!! Expand
  6. Nov 19, 2011
    Wow everyone is hating on this game for being similar to Modern Warfare 2.. They managed to implement an entirely new killstreak system which is absolutely genius the way it works. Leveling up guns is a fantastic idea as well. The level of customization and artistic potential of the new system is massive compared to past call of duty games. People complaining are either BF3 Fanboys or justWow everyone is hating on this game for being similar to Modern Warfare 2.. They managed to implement an entirely new killstreak system which is absolutely genius the way it works. Leveling up guns is a fantastic idea as well. The level of customization and artistic potential of the new system is massive compared to past call of duty games. People complaining are either BF3 Fanboys or just plain stupid, look at the title... It's the next in a SERIES of MODERN WARFARE games. Yes they will have similarities THEY ARE IN THE SAME TRILOGY. It makes you seem dumb when you complain about similarities in games with the same name, just saying. It is much more than an expansion and the graphics are much better, maybe your computer is just outdated because it looks fantastic on mine. Modern Warfare 3 is the best call of duty so far and I highly recommend buying it if you enjoyed MW1 and MW2. Don't let the haters make the decision for you. Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    This is a singleplayer only review as I haven't yet had the chance to try multiplayer. I convinced myself I wasn't going to buy MW3 being somewhat of a Battlefield fanboy. I loved Modern Warfare 1 but as a PC player hated MW2 due to lack of dedicated servers. It also had a rather disjointed story which really put me off. I decided to never buy another CoD game again because of the lack ofThis is a singleplayer only review as I haven't yet had the chance to try multiplayer. I convinced myself I wasn't going to buy MW3 being somewhat of a Battlefield fanboy. I loved Modern Warfare 1 but as a PC player hated MW2 due to lack of dedicated servers. It also had a rather disjointed story which really put me off. I decided to never buy another CoD game again because of the lack of innovation and the fact that it's basically the same game every year. Well I woke up on MW3 release day and impulsively decided to buy it just to see if it lived up to Modern Warfare 1. First thing I noticed was the campaign length. Normally a CoD game takes me only 3-5 hours to complete on regular. This one took me just under 9 hours which I was really happy with. The story truly lived up to MW1 and I enjoyed it much more than MW2. I'm giving it an 8 out of 10 because I really enjoyed it, it was very entertaining and wrapped up the Modern Warfare story quite nicely. I took two points off for dated visuals, lack of any proper physics and other engine-related badness. Also the fact that it's another iterative CoD. Now we just need some real innovation in the future and CoD can move forward the way it needs to. Expand
  8. Nov 9, 2011
    I don't get what people were expecting when they rushed out and bought this, but I got what i wanted. Single player campaign is great and continues the story from the first two games. Multiplayer has a ton of new perks and level up options. It runs great on my laptop: Phenom II N970 Quad-Core, 8gb DDR3-1066, 1gb AMD Radeon 6650m.

There are some gripes I have about the game (no lean, no

There are some gripes I have about the game (no lean, no FOV adjustment, no prestige tokens from previous games, no Dew XP promotion, etc.) but seriously these are minor issues and overall the game is pretty damn good. Personally I don't care that the graphics haven't changed much, I always thought they were fine to begin with.

IDK, I guess I'm supposed to hate it but I haven't run into anything that makes me hate it. All the people complaining just seem like elitists who are getting mad that their beloved series now has mass appeal, just like what happened to punk rock in the late 80s and early 90s. Whatever, deal with it guys.

Docked 2 points for IW/Sledgehammer/Activision basically skimping out on Elite/Promotional deals for the PC version.
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    All the fed up of BF3 players here writing ofc.. Go and play ur GAME like the MW3 players are doing instead of flaming in here. Actually the game ain't that bad. What I've meet there is lots o similar things in earlier CoDs but no it doesn't make the game non-playable. I totally skipped blackops and MW2 eventhough I played CoD1-4 as a active clan player. Well if we compare this to BF3: IAll the fed up of BF3 players here writing ofc.. Go and play ur GAME like the MW3 players are doing instead of flaming in here. Actually the game ain't that bad. What I've meet there is lots o similar things in earlier CoDs but no it doesn't make the game non-playable. I totally skipped blackops and MW2 eventhough I played CoD1-4 as a active clan player. Well if we compare this to BF3: I did play it on beta (ofc alot of bugs etc.), but nothing wins the game when its PLAYABLE even with high graphics when ur PC ain't very up to date. I agree BF3 has lots better graphics but in my opinion they shouldn't make games to tell people "Hello! Wanna play me? PUT 600 euros to get new hardware first, then buy the game for 50 euros." As a hardcore player I give my points for a game that people can play as a "team" (and no, not public "teams") and without getting in risk of low FPS.

This is mostly for Multiplayer:
    +8 for the game, working client(steam), system, different game mods, playable with even more worse computers (Low graphics ARE playable)
    -1 for the graphics (maybe would've deserve -2 as '11 game)
    -1 Servers are sometimes **** up as the players host the servers(at least some of the servers, fix me if I'm totally wrong)
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    I've never been a massive COD addict, but this game is great. The developers clearly spent a lot of time refining the formula, and the gameplay is smooth and rewarding. Don't listen to the naysayers - if you enjoyed COD 4 and MW2, you'll enjoy this one. I was kind of surprised at the negativity surrounding it, especially during launch. If you're totally burnt out on the series, fine! PickI've never been a massive COD addict, but this game is great. The developers clearly spent a lot of time refining the formula, and the gameplay is smooth and rewarding. Don't listen to the naysayers - if you enjoyed COD 4 and MW2, you'll enjoy this one. I was kind of surprised at the negativity surrounding it, especially during launch. If you're totally burnt out on the series, fine! Pick up another game and move on, but stop insulting the people who choose to buy it. To be honest, the single-player campaign could use some improving, but everything else in the game is just as fresh as anything you'd expect from a new game. Graphics are indeed better than those found in MW2, if only by a smidgen. Regardless, MW3 runs at a fluid 60 frames per second on my computer (with parts from 2008). To me, that's incredible! I find it hard to care about graphical innovation from one game to the next - the Modern Warfare series is still a story, not a tech demo. Worth picking up. Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing that people think the low user score is down to BF3 trolls. I bought MW3 for £40 and it is essentially a frickin' map pack. I could forgive the fact they're still using the dated IW engine if this was brimming with new features and innovations, but this is just a shocking effort - go back to the drawing board already.
  12. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I agree with some of the criticism offered by some users. Yes, MW3 doesn't feel like a new game: it's more like an expansion pack for MW2. Yes, the graphics don't look that great for a game released in 2011. Yes, the gameplay is not innovative, but this is not necessarily a bad thing: both MW2 and its carbon copy MW3 have great gameplay. I have only 2 issues with MW3: 1) US$ 60 for a MW2 expansion pack (i.e., MW3) is a rip-off, and 2) despite of my system configuration (I7-2600, GTX-580, 8GB RAM, Creative Labs Titanium discrete audio card, 25Mbps/25Mbps broadband), the game lags too much when I happen to be the host (MW2 had the same problem due to P2P). These are the only 2 reasons for me to give it a 7 out of 10. Another thing: If IW ever releases a paid Elite service for PC, just pass - it's not worth 50 bucks. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    My review here is for the PC version of the game. Little has changed since MW2, and nobody expected different. What has changed, however, I feel to be a tighter experience. From the matchmaking, the team-oriented kill streaks, and better designed multiplayer maps, etc. In fact, I'm not really been much of a COD "fan," I'm much more into Battlefield and BF3 is my main game. The differenceMy review here is for the PC version of the game. Little has changed since MW2, and nobody expected different. What has changed, however, I feel to be a tighter experience. From the matchmaking, the team-oriented kill streaks, and better designed multiplayer maps, etc. In fact, I'm not really been much of a COD "fan," I'm much more into Battlefield and BF3 is my main game. The difference between the two is obvious: Battlefield is a War Simulator, while COD is more of a tightly focused team driven "arcade" shoot-out. MW3 has a lot to offer: the campaign takes you on a colossal joy ride visiting monuments few may ever see in their lifetime. The co-operative Spec Ops feature is much improved and allows for countless hours with a buddy. The Multiplayer shoot-out is far better tweaked with the killstreaks.

However, there are a few things that stand-out to be missing from last years offering that I think should've been included by a "AAA" Blockbuster title. First, there is no native gamepad support like there was in Black Ops (which was the first COD game to offer the feature on the PC). Yes, most of us game on mouse/keyboard to play competitively, but a lot of us these days have our PC hooked up to our HDTV and prefer to play on the couch after a long (or hard) days work instead of my desk. Most modern PC games have this feature, Activision should know better. The only solution here is to use a 3rd party program like Xpadder or Pinnacle Gaming Software. Second, for 'being' a Blockbuster title Activision should ensure that they are moving the 'gaming' ball down the 'technological' field. Last year, Black Ops had native 3D support and was supported using Nvidia's 3D Vision/3DTVPlay system on PCs. This was omitted in Modern Warfare 3. Technology should be moving in a one-way direction, and the dev's should've taken what Treyarche did and built on it. Had they implemented these features, I would be happy to give them a '10' for a great fun game as a Battlefield fan.
  14. Nov 12, 2011
    I've bought both BF3 and MW3,love both play style of them,Nice game,nice single-player campaign ,nice OST.P.S. i dunno why so many 0 mark on MW3 in Meta-critic user score,the user who gave 0/10 on MW3 also gave 10/10 full mark on BF3,Hey,does this user score is true?or it is a trick by those BF3 fan boy?
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, people just feel the need to complain about anything. It's almost embarrassing how people can't give an honest opinion on a game because they feel like they're being cheated. You still bought the game and you know you're still gonna play the hell out of it.
  16. Nov 12, 2011
    Game was as expected, used same engine as MW2 which is what I was hoping for. Everything seems well balanced, completely different from MW2 in all other ways besides graphics. All these idiots rating a 0 because they are calling it a DLC or expansion pack or whatever bs reason when they don't even have the actual game. If they played the actual game they'd know how different this game isGame was as expected, used same engine as MW2 which is what I was hoping for. Everything seems well balanced, completely different from MW2 in all other ways besides graphics. All these idiots rating a 0 because they are calling it a DLC or expansion pack or whatever bs reason when they don't even have the actual game. If they played the actual game they'd know how different this game is from MW2.
    New maps
    New weapons
    New perks
    New killstreaks
    New point streak system
    New concept of strike packages
    New sounds
    New spawn system
    New equipment
    New dual scope capability
  17. Nov 12, 2011
    Ratings seem pretty false to me. Here's why.

Ratings seem pretty false to me. Here's why.

Hatred and bias aside, I went in hoping for the best... ended up feeling moderately disappointed for a few hours and then vindicated. Yes it's very much more of the same, but the campaign is possibly the best in the series, spec ops is a good laugh (and challenge) and given the right mode, multiplayer is possibly the best it's been since the magic COD4.

Of course, some players will skip the Campaign entirely and head online, fair enough... they like the competition more than the story (which is well worth playing for anyone who's played MW1 and 2). So what's supposedly wrong with the multiplayer ?. Well, the maps are pretty cluttered. They're tight and they force you to think on your feet. Running around with reckless abandon is a sure fire way to lose your life... repeatedly. And that's just what I was doing when I dipped into my usual TDM (Team Deathmatch) mode right off the bat. It wasn't until I manned up and tried Hardcore TDM that I fell in love with the multiplayer. The guns in this mode are LETHAL (2 bullets more than enough to get the kill), add to that a lack of any real HUD and Map (until someone earns a UAV and your team gets the mini map for about 30 seconds) and you really have a more thoughtful and more old-school feeling COD experience. This is where I will be spending most of my time.

Whatever you might think of Activision, the people actually making the games are just dev's doing their best. The engine is showing it's age but only a fool would deny it's handsomeness (particularly the more outlandish moments in the campaign).

It's a strong game, put your hate and bias aside, dig a little deeper. Enjoy the great campaign, spec ops/missions and find the right mode for you in the multiplayer. It all comes together because driving it is that perfect ingrediant for FPS's... devastatingly satisfying gunplay.

Don't miss out just cause it's popular to hate.
  18. SZY
    Nov 12, 2011
    I am a Chinese fans.I love CALL OF DUTY series very much! It is the best FPS games i have played,and i thing the producers are very great! Support you! I am looking forward to BLACK OPS2!
  19. Nov 13, 2011
    All in all, this is a good game. What Infinity Ward have done with this aging engine is impressive. Multi-Player is as good as it's ever been. Single-player is short as per, but can still be enjoyed. The problem I have with this game is how little it innovates. It seems as though Activision are making the same mistake they made with Guitar Hero and taking the safe route, trying to maximizeAll in all, this is a good game. What Infinity Ward have done with this aging engine is impressive. Multi-Player is as good as it's ever been. Single-player is short as per, but can still be enjoyed. The problem I have with this game is how little it innovates. It seems as though Activision are making the same mistake they made with Guitar Hero and taking the safe route, trying to maximize sales but not looking long term. I just wonder how long millions are going to buy a product so similar to the last every year.
    Nevertheless, if you aren't too busy playing Skyrim to leave your living room and will be able to play this game online, you'll find this game is worth picking up.
  20. Nov 13, 2011
    I don't understand why all the low ratings, it's a great game. I mean, it's very similar to the other modern warfare games, but it's fast paced combat and rewarding perks and rank ups make it a fun exciting game.
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    This game deserve a medal, i really love that game, it's same as MW2, and that's why it's a very good game, i loved MW2.
    You can say that this is "MW2.5" but i believe that this game is better than BF3, and i'm not alone.
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    Well just want to say that MW 3 is better(than Battlefield 3).You are going to ask me why ? Hmm the game has the same engine like in MW 2 and MW which got really nice graphics, but not so cool like the Battlefield 3 engine .. but i still think that MW 3 is better .. The pluses that this game got are the really nice and long story, the action and the different missions which making the gameWell just want to say that MW 3 is better(than Battlefield 3).You are going to ask me why ? Hmm the game has the same engine like in MW 2 and MW which got really nice graphics, but not so cool like the Battlefield 3 engine .. but i still think that MW 3 is better .. The pluses that this game got are the really nice and long story, the action and the different missions which making the game interesting, fast and creative.One of the negative things here is the short single player and the old the engine, but the multyplayer is really awesome, full with power and action ! Expand
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    Just because it looks like MW2, is no reason to bash the game. After CoD4 and MW2 received farely zero to none support, this time they are here to try. MW3 has already received a patch and the game is really fast paced. The new killstreak system is great, there are a lot of good weapons including snipers to choose from. It might just be an expansion to MW2 for some of you, but it is stillJust because it looks like MW2, is no reason to bash the game. After CoD4 and MW2 received farely zero to none support, this time they are here to try. MW3 has already received a patch and the game is really fast paced. The new killstreak system is great, there are a lot of good weapons including snipers to choose from. It might just be an expansion to MW2 for some of you, but it is still out of the league of Black Ops and the shooter of the moment. Expand
  24. Nov 16, 2011
    Don't believe the spam reviews by all the BF3 fanboys.

Don't believe the spam reviews by all the BF3 fanboys.

I'm a long time CoD fan. I own every single CoD game and this chapter of CoD is the best one, yet. The single player campaign is fun and emotionally engaging. The graphics are bumped up a little (as they are on every CoD release.) The multiplayer is quite fun and I haven't seen rampant cheating as we had with MW2 and haven't had frequent lag problems, either.

If you like CoD games, you'll love MW3. If you're a BF3 fanboy and hate CoD games, you won't like this one, either.
  25. Nov 17, 2011
    Its a very good game
    They enhance perks for multiplayer and kept the gameplay and I LIKE IT.
    I saw a lot of comparison with BF3 and its not the same game
    BF3 is only beautiful and i dont like the gameplay but i prefer arcade game like MW3
    Keep this way Infinity Wards
    MW3 is VERY GOOD
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is the best in the series. If you played MW2 you will love MW3. The first thing you notice when you play is that there's a lot more ways to play the game. If you're not the type to get a bunch of kills in a row then the Support Package is for you. Your "streak" doesn't reset when you die. All of you other Pro COD players will probably stick to Assault Package since itsModern Warfare 3 is the best in the series. If you played MW2 you will love MW3. The first thing you notice when you play is that there's a lot more ways to play the game. If you're not the type to get a bunch of kills in a row then the Support Package is for you. Your "streak" doesn't reset when you die. All of you other Pro COD players will probably stick to Assault Package since its similar to what you're used to. Once you hit level 20 you can pick the Specialist Strike Package. This has no killstreaks. Instead the more kills you get,the more perks you get. I recommend this for only the most expert of players. This package has no deathstreaks so making a comeback will be especially difficult. There are 2 new modes in the game that are really cool. Kill Confirmed is basically Team Deathmatch but you have to pick up these dogtags to confirm the kills. You can also pick up your own dog tag and deny the other teams kills. Team Defender is a fun twist on Capture the Flag. In Team defender the objective is to play keep away with the flag. The longer you have it the more points you get. If you play with your friends and have a strategy you will have a good chance of dominating. Expand
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Nothing new here but still a hell of a lot of fun as with all the other CoD's. Ignore the user reviews and make up your own mind. It was never supposed to be a new game but rather a game that's obviously based on a formula that works.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    Linear campaign? Duh! CoD campaign was linear everytime since the first CoD. Screenplay? Can you tell me just one CoD where script was elaborate and logical? What else... graphics? Honestly, I don´t give a crap about it, MW3 has good graphics, it´s not stunning as BF3, yes, I admire, but it´s sufficent and ok. I like the campaign, ILinear campaign? Duh! CoD campaign was linear everytime since the first CoD. Screenplay? Can you tell me just one CoD where script was elaborate and logical? What else... graphics? Honestly, I don´t give a crap about it, MW3 has good graphics, it´s not stunning as BF3, yes, I admire, but it´s sufficent and ok. I like the campaign, I wasn´t bored a minute of those 6-7 hours ( yes, 6-7 hours, not 3 hours.. guys, if you are playing on nOOb difficulty, you can expect that, I played on "hardened"). Summary? I don´t regret every single CZK ( I am from Czech republic, mission in Prague was quite funny) I payed for this game. Now, I am gonna spend next 120 hours in MP. 126 hours of fun and entertainment for 60 dollars?? I can spend 60 dollars at one night (6 hours) in the club for christ sake!! Expand
  29. Nov 12, 2011
    Decent game, have both bf3 and mw3. Switch between the two when i get bored of it. Overall I enjoyed both games equally. Although I love battlefields ,multilayer more its a nice change to switch to mw3 once in awhile.
  30. Nov 26, 2011
    Even a game that is deemed to be a copy of a previously released version should be given more than a 2. The game isn't bad. Are there many new innovative game mechanics? No. Is it a game worthy of a 2? God no.
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! I bought BF3 on launch, and I loved it. Then when MW3 came out, I decided to go buy it, I was not disappointed! Keep in mind this is the first Modern Warfare game I have purchased. The campaign was amazing, online is spectacular, and spec ops is sweet, especially survival mode.
  32. Nov 9, 2011
    People really need to stop being a blind haters, saying lies about the games that they don't have, or haven't played. I am not a fanboy, i have my own view about games. About the engine, i must said it is not actually the same, but basically the same about the result on the screen. PC version does have SSAO option, which help the graphic turn out to be a little bit better in imagePeople really need to stop being a blind haters, saying lies about the games that they don't have, or haven't played. I am not a fanboy, i have my own view about games. About the engine, i must said it is not actually the same, but basically the same about the result on the screen. PC version does have SSAO option, which help the graphic turn out to be a little bit better in image rendering. But if you have played Modern Warfare 2, the IW 5.0 of MW3 gives you kinda the same experience in video quality of the game. But listen carefully, i do understand the background story of IW, why they don't have a new engine this year. If you remember the day that 2 old boss of IW went on court with Activision, IW was freezed, they dont have the right to continue the game, and they just started to develop the game like by the end of 2010, with Sledhammer. You need to know, they have exactly one year, and now we have fresh campaign, fresh Multiplayer, new models, new sound system, now lightning effect... Many people fail to realize that IW tried really hard to bring Soap and Price back for you without delaying. They all know - us - PC Gamers, hate Treyard for not giving a **** for PC community for **** optimitzing Black Ops, that's why they work their butt off for you to have something to entertain for the whole year. But excuses are excuses, they recycle so many stuffs that would turn out to be a little BS. They defenitaly need a new engine for the next game. Personally, i am not pre-ordering for the next CoD from Treyard. The Singleplayer took you no less than 7 hours in Veteran mode, fast-packed, Holywood Action Style. Personally, i think this is the end of the storyline Modern Warfare, i am not gonna spoil anything, i will let you experience it by yourself and try to count how many times you actually said Holy **** during the campaign. The Multiplayer is redesigned, i have experienced 8 hours of Team Deathmatch and Killconfirmed. I must said the game have been balanced a lot, still have several BS spots but overall, it is good. If you are laughing about COD that they have Noob Tubes and BS Killstreak, i would like to tell them that they arent gonna like tubing in MW3 and all killstreak can be taken down easily. The game turn out to be really focus on gun-gun gameplay. I haven;t seen myself a game that a single player can dominate the whole game unless the other team don't give a **** about playing. Afraid of being killed by AC130? get Sam Turret and don't even worry about them. Jug perk? One SMAW and they are gone... Everything has been calculated quite well, except the BS Submachine Gun system need to be redone, i never think Akimbo is a good idea for fast-firing SMG, IW need to make the Akimbo a massive recoil when firing to balance this thing out. Co-op + Survival Mode are fun as hell, get yourself a bud and have fun. You gonna drink less and eat less because Survival Mode make you focus in the game more than making a crawler in Zombies mode and you have all the time in the world. That's is my word. I am not any fanboy. I play FPS, America's Army 3, ARMA II, Battlefield also and Call of Duty. But i just want to say one thing, be a real gamer, don't be such a kid to lie about the experience that you guys never had. Expand
  33. Nov 8, 2011
    Do not innovated anything. Except in merchandise! The producer could invest more into the coop and multiplayer! Thanks for the excellent hihistória certainly worth a hollywood movie! I hope that the franchise is renewed! Graphics similar to the previous engine and identical!
  34. Nov 9, 2011
    First things first, I noticed alot of bad comments and reviews on this game. The funny thing is it looks all the same talking about the engine and gameplay and boring story. I highly doubt those people who reviewed the game did actually bought the game. Graphics: They haven't build a new engine for this game, instead they twitched the one they had on MW2. In my opinion its still dated andFirst things first, I noticed alot of bad comments and reviews on this game. The funny thing is it looks all the same talking about the engine and gameplay and boring story. I highly doubt those people who reviewed the game did actually bought the game. Graphics: They haven't build a new engine for this game, instead they twitched the one they had on MW2. In my opinion its still dated and look pretty good and maps are well designed. Ofcourse, I dont expect Infinity Ward to use it again in the future and build a new one.

Soundtracks: Brian Tyler did a great job here, nothing more special to say.

Single player: Still very entertaining and never made me get bored, also the time for completing the story took me a good 7 hours which is very good. However, as most people know the story is pretty much build with the same structure as MW2 and highly predictible.

The new survival mode has a similar gameplay as Killing Floor. You complete a wave, buy upgrades or weapons and start the next wave. I had alot of fun here so far on my own. I haven't tried multiplayer yet on survival mode.

Spec Ops, pretty much the same as MW2, it still does its job as expected.

Multiplayer: Very simular compared to MW2, new killstreaks that looks very cool, slightly changed UI, and more ballanced compared the its predecessors. Perks and weapon leveling are working very well together. Somehow the spawning system still keeps spawning you in front of an enemie sometimes, but much less than MW2.
    Alot of those unfair or really annoying killstreaks and perks are removed, which is good.
    Theater mode like the one from Black Ops does its job for me, I can finally review things I did in a game I played.

Conclusion: MW3 is absolutely not a bad game, but because of the lack of improvement of its predecessors its getting an 8 instead of a 10. Things to note if they make a new Call of Duty, a new engine is a MUST and a brand new story wouldn't harm the francise. Be creative Infinity Ward!

That concludes the review,
    warriorjan
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    I think it it a great game to be completely honest. I own every call of duty that has been released and I think it has always been an innovative series. I hate hearing "It's just like MW2" It is a sequel! I've had no bugs or crashes, BF3 bugs and crashes constantly! I think the story is moving, and MP is just fun! Fair enough, the graphics haven't come a long way, but I Infinity Ward hadI think it it a great game to be completely honest. I own every call of duty that has been released and I think it has always been an innovative series. I hate hearing "It's just like MW2" It is a sequel! I've had no bugs or crashes, BF3 bugs and crashes constantly! I think the story is moving, and MP is just fun! Fair enough, the graphics haven't come a long way, but I Infinity Ward had done a wonderful job with the engine they had. Who cares if it isn't quite as polished as BF3... at least it runs well, i don't end up staring at my desktop, and the SP campaign is actually fun and involving! Buy it! You won't regret it if you enjoyed any of the previous COD Games!!! Expand
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    i don`t know why the user revies are this bad. the game is awesome and after playing for about 4 hours i can say this is one of the best cod games. the campaign is average but the mp is a blast, as always. i love it.
  37. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is immense. I was never a fan of Modern Warfare 2, but everything has been improved in this game. The Single Player storyline is fun, and easy to follow. Less gimmicks and more realism compared to the previous games (Treyarch and Infinity Ward additions included). The Multiplayer, from the few hours I've played so far seems solid and balanced. Yes, the game has only been out 24This game is immense. I was never a fan of Modern Warfare 2, but everything has been improved in this game. The Single Player storyline is fun, and easy to follow. Less gimmicks and more realism compared to the previous games (Treyarch and Infinity Ward additions included). The Multiplayer, from the few hours I've played so far seems solid and balanced. Yes, the game has only been out 24 hours and there are niggles which will be addressed in future patches, so I'm not going to adjust my score with regard to them. Worth the £40/$60 price tag just for the London-based level alone. That was beautiful. Expand
  38. Nov 9, 2011
    This game offers everything cod gamers wanted, it runs smoove the campaign was awsome, the spec ops is so fun. the mp is balanced and fast paced, im enjoying this game its great.
  39. Nov 8, 2011
    I dont know why this game has had such horrible reviews. I think MW3 is what id expect after MW2. like did you really want it to change so much? Those companys like command and conquer who make a strategy game and change it into more of an rpg (no building for example) pissed alot of people off same with Dawn of War 2.

Ive played every call of duty game since CoD 1 and i cant find

Ive played every call of duty game since CoD 1 and i cant find anything wrong with MW3 the story is sort of here and there and doesnt hold your attention, i dont know about you guys but who gives a Sh@^ about the story, i just want some CoD action which i find this delivers. What are people expecting? some kinda revolutionary game upgrade like Avatar 3D did to the movie industry? common......the games the same as the others yes...and thank god. If MW3 changed, id be dissapointed. i think its a fun game, for a measly $60 ya its worth it....if you like FPS games

I havent tryed the multi-player so no comment on that.
  40. Nov 9, 2011
    On my mind, CoD 4 is the best game in this series. New game from IW haven't many originals moments, than MW or MW 2. It is a good shooter with interesting multiplayer. But I hope, that singleplayer of MW 3 will be better. But, but, but... It is Call of Duty. It is the most popular game in the world on this moment.
  41. Nov 8, 2011
    Not as bad as a zero but not a ten also, Single player ties the story up and is ok but not worth £40 if all your doing is single player. Multiplayer will give you enough hours of fun though and from what i have played so far it seems good, yeah it's like MW2 but what do all expect all FPS games are the same... point, shoot, kill is BF3 any different at the core?

But yeah i

But yeah i still play MW1 and BF 1942 (DC Mod rules!!)
  42. Nov 16, 2011
    Bravo! Thank you Infinity Ward and Sledghammer Games for the continuation of a series of Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 3 - is the best shooter of our time. A fantastic single player campaign, its breathtaking dynamics of multiplayer, special operations and a new mode of survival. The graphics in the game, smart, no degradability and who said that it is generally necessary. 10 out of 10.Bravo! Thank you Infinity Ward and Sledghammer Games for the continuation of a series of Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 3 - is the best shooter of our time. A fantastic single player campaign, its breathtaking dynamics of multiplayer, special operations and a new mode of survival. The graphics in the game, smart, no degradability and who said that it is generally necessary. 10 out of 10.
    P.S. Modern Warfare 4? Let's wait!
  43. Nov 14, 2011
    Wow, the only way this game could possibly have that low of a score is if somebody is paying somebody to give it a low score. The game is great, it might be lacking a lot in the originality department, and my online guild has had issues trying to set up our server, but giving this game 2000+ negative reviews, and only 86 mixed? ...that has nothing to do with any issues the game has, andWow, the only way this game could possibly have that low of a score is if somebody is paying somebody to give it a low score. The game is great, it might be lacking a lot in the originality department, and my online guild has had issues trying to set up our server, but giving this game 2000+ negative reviews, and only 86 mixed? ...that has nothing to do with any issues the game has, and everything to do with some company hiring people to write bad reviews. Expand
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty MW3: does remember that video games are for fun, where the action and pace of the game does that you lose track of time. Everything is not graphics, in my opinion, the unbridled fun is the essence of video games, is the essence of call of duty
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    A good action filled game. Not much have changed since Modern Warfare 2, but the campaign is as amazing as the ones in the first two games. Have not played multiplayer. If you are only interested in multiplayer and own another Call of Duty game from the last few years you will not find much value in this game.
  46. Nov 11, 2011
    No matter what is said. Was, is and always will be entertaining, heart pumping mad fun. All games no exception have there strong and weak points. What really matters is how much fun you are having.
  47. Nov 12, 2011
    Great single player, weapon sounds absolutly fantastic. And that perfect crisp control only a Carmack powered game engine is capable of, highly recommended.
  48. Nov 13, 2011
    From what i have seen i will not waste my money on this game. i have COD4 (the start of great things), World At War (better...SUPERFUNN), MW2 (spec ops enough said), black ops (four players in zombies .....). now with the user reviews i have seen i think i will just wait till Infinity Ward &Treyarch make games again ohhh and Bobby Kotick start thinking about the users Thanx Kik
  49. Nov 15, 2011
    Amazing! Really fun expierience with friends and other poeple. U must try it. Graphics are similar to MW2 but it's good. Game is whole similar but it's good too, because for what changing something good?!
  50. Nov 19, 2011
    I'm actually going to write a review against all negative critics.
    I have been playing COD franchise since COD1. I bought all COD but this time I thought it is time to switch to BF3. After watching both reviews on GT, BF3 scored 9.2 and MW3 scored 9.3. That little 0.1 made me change and I decided to buy MW3 instead. So why am I giving a 10/10 for MW3? Here is why:
    COD4 was a huge success
    I'm actually going to write a review against all negative critics.

COD4 was a huge success and I have to say it was really my first FPS I got addicted with and played COD4 for 1500 hours. COD4 was great and finally a GOOD welcoming change after CSS, Quake, Wolfenstein and TF engines. I remember though at that time people wanted to go back to WW2 style. So Treyarch decided to make WaW which ended up to be a pure disaster. Finally MW2 came out! Although it was a great game, lack of dedicated servers on PC did not make me want to play MW2 a lot. Therefore Treyarch then decided to release BLACK OP re-installing previous dedicated servers.

I have to disagree with 85% of negative critics posted here. It is true that MW3 resembles a lot to MW2 but who cares? seriously? I know the franchise has been releasing a game every year? Get it over it lol again who cares? If they want to make money let them be! MW3 is, to me, an awesome game. I started it and I got addicted instantly. MW3 combines all previous years of experience this franchise has gained from COD4, WaW, MW2 and BLACK OP. Guns are really good, I haven't tried all of them yet - but so far rifles are well balanced. SMGs are SMGs. Melee got nerfed slightly to make it more realistic and finally many perks have been reviewed, changed and unlike in BLACK OP, akimbos are now only secondary guns. I am relieved to not see P90 akimbos anymore.

As you would expect, MW3 maps are truly well designed. Although there are a lot of openings - you can't really "own" a map as MW3 is based on fast-pace style. It is good (gives new players the opportunity to kill and respawn is almost instant) and bad (for veteran players, it can be sometimes very frustrating - veterans can be killed from any corners)

I am also very happy that Infinity Ward has introduced a whole new system in MP that allows you to level up a gun. I also enjoy new perks that can make you invisible to Air Support/Choppers.

Finally, perhaps it is only me but I feel like MW3 really learnt from MW2 mistakes and Auto matchmaking on MW3 is fairly solid. The engine is really consistent.

New modes such as Survival and Co op mission are really great! See I never really liked Co op mission. But MW3 made me change my opinion! Also if you are a "zombie-fan-kid" like I was in BLACK OP, you will love the survival mode Infinity Ward has introduced in MW3.

In addition to people's critics:
    1. No real innovation? I don't think so, I think there is when it comes down to perks, guns etc. Although it is minimal it doesn't really bother me like most raging kids.
    2. Another cash? LOL so what? seriously who cares?
    3. Bored of Campaign? At first I was very excited about MW3 SP, but the more you play the more bored you get. Why? Because you try to finish the game in 7 days. I'm pretty sure if you space out your gameplay you won't find Campaign as boring as most people think. It took me 8hrs to finish Campaign on Veteran mode.
    4. MP is exactly the same as in MW2? Yea pretty much and I'm happy about it. BLACK OP wasn't much for me. Im more an Infinity Ward fan.
  51. Nov 22, 2011
    I think mw3 is a great game. They took mw2 and improved it to the point where it was impossible not to enjoy, and the campaign is truly amazing! I have got bf3 as well, and think that is good but I think they are different games, and they are to be enjoyed by different people. It is kind of obvious that most of the people who have rated this bad have never played it, and are just fanboysI think mw3 is a great game. They took mw2 and improved it to the point where it was impossible not to enjoy, and the campaign is truly amazing! I have got bf3 as well, and think that is good but I think they are different games, and they are to be enjoyed by different people. It is kind of obvious that most of the people who have rated this bad have never played it, and are just fanboys of a different franchise. Expand
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    This if nothing else met my expectations to the letter. It has the same old formulaic and improbable single player with the action movie feel, I would imagine would be fresh and enjoyable to someone new to the franchise. But to the veterans out there it much like bf3's single player just leaves the player going through the same motions to the point of numbness. Serviceable but notThis if nothing else met my expectations to the letter. It has the same old formulaic and improbable single player with the action movie feel, I would imagine would be fresh and enjoyable to someone new to the franchise. But to the veterans out there it much like bf3's single player just leaves the player going through the same motions to the point of numbness. Serviceable but not memorable.
    The multilayer too suffers from the feeling of deja vu. The game is still meat grinder completely lacking in anything more than the most basic teamwork mechanics. It's still the twitch shooter with the tiny maps and instant death weapons. It has the kill streaks and they are just as annoying as they were in cod4 and mw2. As a bonus the graphics look as they were four years ago. The bottom line is that mw3 is a 60 dollar expansion pack. If you want to fork over 60 dollars for the same thing , go right ahead , at the very least the stuff that is there is slightly more refined. but if you are short of money or even just want to save up for other games , then just go back mw2 or black ops your wallet will thank you.
  53. Nov 14, 2011
    It is BEST singleplayer FPS in world. Deal with it. Even BF3 failed in singleplayer campaign. Maybe there is nothing new, and it is weaker than Black Ops which shows us how to make psycological thriller ride on a roller coaster, but it's still the best. Just pure CoD ride. Every singleplayer level has more to offer than half of BF3' campaign. Put in some good coop experience and still bestIt is BEST singleplayer FPS in world. Deal with it. Even BF3 failed in singleplayer campaign. Maybe there is nothing new, and it is weaker than Black Ops which shows us how to make psycological thriller ride on a roller coaster, but it's still the best. Just pure CoD ride. Every singleplayer level has more to offer than half of BF3' campaign. Put in some good coop experience and still best firefights in industry in multiplayer. Once again: deal with it. Technically old and no new innovations, but as a game at a whole and in complex MW3 is the best shooter ever. No one could achieve these today - make a game whole at these degree. From a start to the end, from a design to the pace. IW do what they can do best. But next time they better do it brand new way. Expand
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    I don't know if I believe the other scores here or if people are just fed up. I think the game is fun in the campaign (although much too short like the rest in the series) the last mission is pretty amazing tbh. Multiplayer unfortunately feels a bit too samey for my tastes. The graphics are alright, although they definately need a new engine now. Overall I think critics rated this too highI don't know if I believe the other scores here or if people are just fed up. I think the game is fun in the campaign (although much too short like the rest in the series) the last mission is pretty amazing tbh. Multiplayer unfortunately feels a bit too samey for my tastes. The graphics are alright, although they definately need a new engine now. Overall I think critics rated this too high and it should get an average of around 70 %. Expand
  55. Dec 1, 2011
    I can understand why people rate this game so low. If you look at it objectively and especially when compared to Battlefield 3 this is not a very good game.The graphics are outdated, the weapons do not sound exactly realistic and there is virtually no recoil. It is more like a mw2.5 rather than mw3. But when you start seeing it as a â
  56. Nov 9, 2011
    Terrible graphics and old gameplay lead one to wonder why this was supposed to be worth buying. Battlefield 3 just set the benchmark for 64 player online massive FPS multiplayer. I guess that benchmark was just set to high for COD. It's not surprising as COD has lagged behind in quality and gameplay since 2003. I would say the grafix in Battlefield 2142 from 2008 look better then CODTerrible graphics and old gameplay lead one to wonder why this was supposed to be worth buying. Battlefield 3 just set the benchmark for 64 player online massive FPS multiplayer. I guess that benchmark was just set to high for COD. It's not surprising as COD has lagged behind in quality and gameplay since 2003. I would say the grafix in Battlefield 2142 from 2008 look better then COD MW3. The movement is terrible. The campaign was such a let down next to BF3 and the gameplay is terrible. The broken class system really stands out next to the revamped BF3 class's. Expand
  57. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is just awful, best DLC I've ever played but defiantly not worth your £40/$60. For a started the campaign is predictable and boring, as per usual, and does not do anything new what so ever. The multiplayer is the same with some added game modes, this is not innovative, you can get new game modes like these in Call of Duty 4 mods. The engine is the same so theThis game is just awful, best DLC I've ever played but defiantly not worth your £40/$60. For a started the campaign is predictable and boring, as per usual, and does not do anything new what so ever. The multiplayer is the same with some added game modes, this is not innovative, you can get new game modes like these in Call of Duty 4 mods. The engine is the same so the graphics are 2 years old, its just lazy. Last but not least you cannot edit your FOV so your stuck with a FOV of 55 or something which can cause head aches and aching eyes. Not worth a buy, maybe if they priced it the same as DLC it would be worth your cash. For players that played Battlefield Bad Company 2 it's basically like the Vietnam DLC. Expand
  58. Nov 9, 2011
    Pro's Set pieces are enjoyable Multiplayer is balanced Con's Very poor graphics considering technology now at developers disposal Dated engine which has not had any changes since 2008 (Frostbite 2 is practically a generation ahead)
    Nothing groundbreaking or innovative Feels more like an expansion pack than a full game Having played through a large chunk of the SP game and starting my multiplayer experience tonight (will feedback on that another time but initial thoughts are same game different colour log in screens) I must say I am a little underwhelmed by what is on offer for a game which retails much higher than most other titles on the market. It seems that IW totally forgot that technology has come on leaps and bounds since their last release, I am shocked how bad the graphics are in comparison to other titles released this year (Crysis 2, Battlefield 3). Yes, i know that graphics are not everything but some sort of effort to make it look like that actually have actually bothered to move things forward in the last few years would of been nice. Direct X 11 wold of been nice, destructible environments maybe?

As for the campaign at times it felt like a chore which just involved running / shooting / dying and no WOW factor whatsoever. Most the time I would just end up getting killed from some random enemy who appeared out of nowhere. Some parts were OK and showed a bit of quality (the plane crash) but some were just so boring. Getting a Steam achievement at the end of each level was more like a thank you for not getting bored and turning the game off in frustration. I would love to expand a little more but don't want to add any spoilers. I have played through BF3 and thought that was more engaging, maybe this was down the the better more advanced engine that took advantage of my graphics card (A GTX 570). BF3 had it's flaws but it felt like a new game in comparison to BFBC2 which made it feel like money well spent. It also felt like EA treated PC gamers with a little more respect by giving us something extra and make us feel a little bit special (64 player multiplayer). Though I must admit the leveling on BF3 is a little slow and I am cannot fly any of the helicopters / planes no matter how many tutorials I watch :) I really do feel short changed (I got really hyped up and geeked out over the COD launch stream on IGN) but now wish I would of saved my money in reflection, I am not sure if all the reviews on here are from trolls (1.4 is a little low) but it certainly does not feel like it deserves the 90% (I feel 6 is a more realistic score) it has scored through professional review sources (are Activision really nice to reviewers or something, I baffled to how it gets such a high score). COD has a huge market share at present and this release feels like Activision take this for granted. This is a Medal of Honour waiting to happen (can you remember when Cod was the underdog). I really hope that the next release pushes the boundaries, is a little more daring, brings us something new and gives back that value for money feeling earlier titles brought. Otherwise I can see that market share diminishing and another title entering the market and becoming the new king of the FPS genre. I don't think that this would be Battlefield as it will always have the COD vs BF fan's that will stay loyal. I think it will be a new IP that attracts gamers from both camps. Also a good idea at this point is not to piss off PC gamers as it is a growing market (once again) with consoles starting to show their age and a good few years before anything next gen is on the shelves. We are not all pirates (in fact I have over 160 Steam games, check my profile) but If PC gamers do not feel value for money then future releases will just get downloaded off Pirate Bay for free! Activision, please change or see this much loved game die!
  59. Nov 13, 2011
    Nové Modern Warfare je vlastne stará klasika. Vývojári nehodili puÅ¡ku do žita a nezľakli sa konkurencie. Tretí diel vlastne neprináša niÄ
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    I think I know what the problem is. Instead of releasing this 'game' as more DLC, They added a number three to the title. Single player is, well, let's face it, another MW game, Just like the others. The only way it could be made any simpler is by... Hell, I can't think of anything. MW3 Multiplayer is almost the worst thing that I have ever subjected myself to... And trust me, I have doneI think I know what the problem is. Instead of releasing this 'game' as more DLC, They added a number three to the title. Single player is, well, let's face it, another MW game, Just like the others. The only way it could be made any simpler is by... Hell, I can't think of anything. MW3 Multiplayer is almost the worst thing that I have ever subjected myself to... And trust me, I have done some pretty stupid things. If given the choice, now I can say with complete and utter honesty that if it came to playing this game again, or going out like Cobain... Get ready to renovate the house.

I guess the only thing left to do is wait for Treyarch to come in and save the COD franchise.
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    This review is based entirely on the multiplayer element because that is the true value of a game, especially when it's campaign is 'only' about 3-4 hours. I have not yet played the campaign but if it's anything like previous CoD games, it should be varied, fun & interesting... probably with a bad ending...

Okay, first impression was insanely bad. I have a 460GTX 768MB so I turned all

Okay, first impression was insanely bad. I have a 460GTX 768MB so I turned all settings up to their max on a 1080P resolution. FPS was not an issue, but the graphics certainly were! Horrible anti-aliasing, really poor textures... it looked like a 10 year old game. And then I discovered an illogical and backwards 'native' image quality actually made the game look semi-decent. Now it only looks like a 6 year old game... well, I guess in a way it is, since it runs on a modified/updated IW Engine from 2005.

Call of Duty games have always been good for their "jump in, shoot, end game" style where you can complete an entire game in about 5 minutes, easy to kill and get a good score making you think you are amazing (when in fact just mediocre). Sure, you have fun doing it but it lacks style and substance.

Compare it to Battlefield 3 (amazing, by the way!) which has massive maps and unique game styles. If you play as a medic you actually need to think like a medic. Play as a sniper and think like a sniper. With CoD, it's nowhere like that. Where are the vehicles? Such a disappointment compared to BF3. Please forgive me for what looks like I'm slating this game, but I used to be a die-hard CoD fan and I have to admit right now, I've not had much fun with previous Battlefield games. But if you do a direct comparison between CoD:MW3 and BF3, the difference is night and day. In fact, in making the comparison I am only showing further just how good BF3 is, and how MW3 shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Please Activision... Stop using CoD as your yearly cash cow. Can you remember the first Call of Duty, where it was PC only? Yeah, you used your PC gaming base to build on an amazing foundation which carried onto united offensive, and to an extend... CoD 2. Your first venture into the console market with CoD 3 was a major slap in the face not only to PC gamers who couldn't get it, but the console gamers who were given a poor experience.

Go back to your roots - get rid of the nade spam, do away with the stupid perks... Bring us back a realistic and authentic FPS gaming experience and please don't treat those you BUILT the CoD fanbase and foundation like a used plaster. WE are the reason your franchise is so successful so don't give us poor console ports! Make CoD fun again, because if you don't... I may very well swallow a difficult pill and completely turn my back on you. DICE and EA (even with their shoddy Origin...) are looking very easy to build a new allegiance with, and I hope you can turn things around.

We want:

A brand new engine (no modifications, no updates!) to give us true next-gen graphics and visuals
    Unmatched realism - high quality textures, authentic sounds, true-to-life gameplay
    Longer and more immersive campaigns that play like an epic cinematic movie
    Better multiplayer "hit points" (if I put a single bullet in someones head they really should die...)
    Do away with perks. They don't help with realism! Take things back to basics - a soldier, a gun, and nothing but the gamers skill.

Ohh the list goes on... but we've been asking this for years so why continue when it's clear you are in the business of making money rather than giving your fans what they want...
  62. Nov 13, 2011
    COD MW3 it´s not a bad game, but only if you don´t have MW2 or black ops, for the type of game it´s overpriced, maybe 40 dollars will be a more realistic price for this game.
  63. Nov 12, 2011
    I think this game is very good.Because I only play single mode.I like the story of this game.Price Soap Yuri and Sandman are true heroes!They are dead or be forgotten.But I only love them forever!
  64. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm really surprised by the onslaught of negative reviews, I loved this game. I feel they took almost everything good from the last few games and brought them together. Online play is fantastic, I'm disappointing in no ranks for the server list. I downloaded BF3 When it first came out to see if i wanted to buy it, played through single player once in like 6 hours and then put in two hoursI'm really surprised by the onslaught of negative reviews, I loved this game. I feel they took almost everything good from the last few games and brought them together. Online play is fantastic, I'm disappointing in no ranks for the server list. I downloaded BF3 When it first came out to see if i wanted to buy it, played through single player once in like 6 hours and then put in two hours on line and deleted it, Downloaded MW3 and played multilayer and bought the game. Iv now put in somewhere like 16 hours online and still love it. Both games are good, Id only put BF3 at an 6 or 7 but they are different games. Plus! Big fail for BF3 that its non steam and has Origin. Expand
  65. Nov 14, 2011
    First of all I can't believe the childish reviews calling this game bad just because it's Call of Duty.
    Also how can this be a map pack if it has the best single player from a CoD to date.
    The campaign kicks on from Modern Warfare 2, the gameplay is better than ever, graphics have improved again also the story is really engaging and a great experience. I've not played the co op yet but the multiplayer is as great as ever and the dedicated servers are a brilliant addition. Gun Game is easily the best mode. I can't understand the complaints the games not changed too much. Despite the 4 years since CoD4 there is still not a fps as good as this franchise and childish moans won't make it worse. Just enjoy the game.
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 definitely doesn't rank among the top 5 FPS' that I have played, or maybe not even my top 10. But it is still worth a try. Although one has to feel slightly cheated by the $60 price tag attached to it in the steam store - A bit much don't you think. The Single Player keeps one on edge for the most part but has become stale, and dare I say, cliche.
    Spec Ops - Definitely not
    Spec Ops - Definitely not what I had expected. The trailers were a far cry from what the game play was actually like. Fast-paced, hard hitting & action packed it is not. It'll keep you entertained on a rainy day but that is about it, you won't be coming back for more very soon after a few games. The Multiplayer on the other hand has kept true to the COD feel, keeping to the dynamics of MW2, I know most won't agree that this makes it good, if not great, but this is what I've been looking for - MW2 with new guns. The flexible customization options and easy to use interface leaves you satisfied knowing that you'll be prepared for any situation, be it a steady sniper for taking out hardcore campers and tubers or an impressively strong SMG for those close quarters combat scenarios: You'll always be prepared. This appraisal, however, has not come without some critical flaws I need to mention, like the lack of a proper map rotation system, you seem to end up playing the same 3 or 4 maps over and over again, with no real option to move away from them. The Hosting in the game falls way short of expectations, even with a faster 10mb/s connection, you always seem to be teleporting off into enemy fire instead of evading it., As well as a lack of PROPER, RANKED dedicated servers, hosted by say, a major ISP instead of a player with a fast enough connection. All-In-All a good game that just needs a patch or 2 to fix those little issues which are holding it back.
  67. Nov 14, 2011
    Well I will start off by saying that i have been a huge fan of COD since COD4 and i have played the you know what out of every COD since then. I loved the fast game play, and i felt that back then the graphics were great. But now that bf3 has shown the community what is possible i am disgusted with mw3. They are cashing in on the COD name and putting in a minimum amount of effort toWell I will start off by saying that i have been a huge fan of COD since COD4 and i have played the you know what out of every COD since then. I loved the fast game play, and i felt that back then the graphics were great. But now that bf3 has shown the community what is possible i am disgusted with mw3. They are cashing in on the COD name and putting in a minimum amount of effort to make a better game. Bf3 is better on so many levels that i could talk your ear off about it. Its sad though because there are so many idiots out there that only play console and have no idea how great Bf3 is, some of my friends didn't even know it existed until i told them. Cod needs a new engine now to compete, I diffidently will not be buying another Cod title until this happens. Expand
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is great, even if the engine is still the same, and I'm talking about the multiplayer since it's what I buy it for. The main reason is because IW removed the perks that didn't make sense (stopping power, commando, whatever) and instead of getting stuck to stopping power to win, I can now enjoy the other perks fairly. Also, the game barely got any bugs. Finally, it isModern Warfare 3 is great, even if the engine is still the same, and I'm talking about the multiplayer since it's what I buy it for. The main reason is because IW removed the perks that didn't make sense (stopping power, commando, whatever) and instead of getting stuck to stopping power to win, I can now enjoy the other perks fairly. Also, the game barely got any bugs. Finally, it is complete unlike Battlefield 3. That game is just broken and not worth buying, sticking to Battlefield 2 is better. I only brought it up because everybody's comparing those two. Expand
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    Let's begin this review with the positive content. The games looks nice, the storytelling as always is pretty good, captain price is a strong character, nice graphics despite the same engine, but with this consoles generation is all they can do, a console port. But still, the graphics looks pretty good in a medium/high end rig.

Negative points. If you put IMAGE QUALITY on EXTRA as always

Negative points. If you put IMAGE QUALITY on EXTRA as always been pretty good graphics, the graphics gets worse, so you do have to change for NATIVE, to get a better quality.

Makarov should be more badass, we see him just a few moments in the game, and despite the storytelling is pretty good is more the same. MULTIPLAYER= This is really pissed me off, CHEATERS everywhere, they know where you are, I've got a guy in my team, who had 122/5 in a 12 players TDM in less than 2 min, this is just impossible.

The multiplayer should be better, with some real improvments as Veihicles and that sort of thing, I know COD is more Frag, but , still, we need at least a real helicopter experience, we saw this pretty good in BLACK OPS single campaign. So why they keep avoiding to using this in Multiplayer. Is the consoles limit?

So I think for the Single Player campaign the game deserves 8.0 and for the Multiplayer if they take care of cheaters 8 as well if not, I'm gonna give a circular ZERO.
  70. Nov 15, 2011
    Its a good game. It perfects MW2 in a new formula. The question is if it can compete with this years Blockbusters because it is a hard year for a game to be succesfull. I still think its good and there is no reason for all this **** about it.
  71. Nov 15, 2011
    The single player campaign is fair, a bit short but comparable to MW2. I liked doing missions again with a certain character that returns in MW3. The multiplayer gives me a sinking feeling of "here we go again" with the IWnet experience: lag, hackers, hacked lobbies. Contrary to what the dev has stated, there are no "improvements" to be seen in this game. It is MW2 all over again. TheThe single player campaign is fair, a bit short but comparable to MW2. I liked doing missions again with a certain character that returns in MW3. The multiplayer gives me a sinking feeling of "here we go again" with the IWnet experience: lag, hackers, hacked lobbies. Contrary to what the dev has stated, there are no "improvements" to be seen in this game. It is MW2 all over again. The selection of maps is duller than ever, and the majority of the maps are constructed to only support run and gun, fish in a barrel gameplay. the multiplayer experience is bad.

Activision again chips away at PC features in the game- no ranked dedicated servers, no FOV adjustment, small maps and small player numbers. As a previous reviewer stated, if you have not wasted your money on MW3 yet, stick to MW or Black Ops. Nothing worth the price of admission in this one.
  72. Nov 15, 2011
    Me parecio muy bien optimizado, la historia no es larga pero es elaborada... no veo como un CONTRA que se parezca al MW2, es mas... me prece un PRO, ya el MW2 es un excelente juego. Igual creo que hoy en dia lo que importa en un juego y que le da longevidad es el MP, esperemos que el MW3 sea la conbinacion entre MW2 y el COD4. Espero no nos desilucionen con los MODTOOLS.
  73. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wszyscy co tu piszÄ Expand
  74. Nov 15, 2011
    best multiplayer shooter i´ve ever seen. surly no new-defining of the shooter-scene but completly that what i esected..great work! I really dont understand why everyone is crying about that game? MW2 was a great game so why they have to change a lot of things? They just fix some details and brought some new things because they don´t wanted to create a new playingbest multiplayer shooter i´ve ever seen. surly no new-defining of the shooter-scene but completly that what i esected..great work! I really dont understand why everyone is crying about that game? MW2 was a great game so why they have to change a lot of things? They just fix some details and brought some new things because they don´t wanted to create a new playing style..they just wanted the good cod-feeling! and they made it! Expand
  75. Nov 15, 2011
    I found it hard to give this game any credit at all. It has the exact same feel as MW2 and barely makes a visual improvement. I feel like I'm just playing another useless DLC map pack. With MW2 being a mediocre production and a betrayal on all PC first person shooter players, MW3 finds a way to act like they care and then slap you in the face over and over. With the massive outcry of PCI found it hard to give this game any credit at all. It has the exact same feel as MW2 and barely makes a visual improvement. I feel like I'm just playing another useless DLC map pack. With MW2 being a mediocre production and a betrayal on all PC first person shooter players, MW3 finds a way to act like they care and then slap you in the face over and over. With the massive outcry of PC gamers to include dedicated servers and the ability to control your games with console commands, IW finally adds these abilities (hidden deep in the settings) but does not allow you to gain any level or custom classes on dedicated servers. What?? That is the leading reason and enjoyment that most people get out of COD games. What reasoning do I have to join a dedicated server then? Looks like everyone will be forced to remain with no servers. Time for more of the same game full of hackers, no administrators to keep order, hosts dropping or having mediocre PC's that completely interrupt gameplay, lag lag lag and more lag. It's pretty obvious the reasoning that COD games are taking more and more control away from the user. They hide under this facade that they are making the game better and to keep people from abusing it. It's pretty obvious that all of this happens worse than before. They don't want dedicated servers, any user control of your settings (like console commands), custom community maps, etc. It's so that once the next game in the series is out, there will be no reason for people to stick to the old games and therefore get more sales. Gone are the days of playing in servers with clans and establishing a community of friends and regulars to play in your server with your variation of the rules. Don't like it? Then move on to another server until you find people you like to play with and rules that suite your style. COD will be given a 10 from me the very day that they release a game for PC gamers like COD used to be (not a console port), with dedicated servers (that people have a reason to play in and actually rank and level), larger number of player slots (for server owners to choose if they'd like), original and well built maps, custom community maps (for people to show their creativity and love of the game and create their own fun), and no paid DLC with an actual complete game upon release. Get the message Infinity Ward, you've made mediocre games and your constantly insulting gamers with your greed, power, and big heads. Expand
  76. Nov 19, 2011
    I really don't understand this hating towards COD series. I've played since MW2 and I really enjoy this. It really has very great multiplayer FPS experience. I also tried BF3, enjoyed that but it's not as good from perspective of regular FPS game.
  77. Nov 19, 2011
    Solid gameplay, good replayability, but nothing new here. MW3 offers a spec ops option that you can play alone or with a friend so it is really three games in one. PC version already has hacks, so if you are big into multiplayer, expect to have deal with it.
  78. Nov 20, 2011
    Do not listen to the sad trolls and Battlefield 3 fanboys. None of them have actually played the game and seen how superior it is to the abomination called Battlefield 3.
  79. Nov 20, 2011
    I dont know why people are saying the graphics are "bad" just because they haven't "upgraded" their engine. If it ain't broke, dont fix it. The graphics are fine, the gameplay is fine, and its still fun. I bet half the people who posted bad reviews about this game haven't even played it. Its funny cause everyone praises Battlefield 3 when its not perfect either, I like both. But MW3 hasI dont know why people are saying the graphics are "bad" just because they haven't "upgraded" their engine. If it ain't broke, dont fix it. The graphics are fine, the gameplay is fine, and its still fun. I bet half the people who posted bad reviews about this game haven't even played it. Its funny cause everyone praises Battlefield 3 when its not perfect either, I like both. But MW3 has actually been following a story, unlike BF. So GO MW3!!!!! Expand
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    Honestly, the campaign was lacking and had some holes, but i had fun playing it. But the multiplayer is why we buy the game. Its phenomenal, BUT, by day 3, it took 7 or 8 tries to find games without someone aim boting. Now a couple weeks in, they say they're banning players, but it is still bad with new exploits appearing. I doubt it'll ever be fixed, but if you can find games withoutHonestly, the campaign was lacking and had some holes, but i had fun playing it. But the multiplayer is why we buy the game. Its phenomenal, BUT, by day 3, it took 7 or 8 tries to find games without someone aim boting. Now a couple weeks in, they say they're banning players, but it is still bad with new exploits appearing. I doubt it'll ever be fixed, but if you can find games without hacking, then this is multiplayer game is game of the year for me. Expand
  81. Nov 20, 2011
    0 out of 10??! Unless it won't run atall or the cd's blank, how can you give a game 0?

Some of the 0 out of 10 reviews around here make me laugh. One guy said he saw his friend playing it, noted that it looked the same. That clears that up mate, cheers. Another opened with a comment about how it wasn't bad. Huh? If it ain't bad, genius, shouldn't it get a score a little higher than 0? It gets worse though, others have admitted to just having pirated it, while I read another that admitted he hadn't even actually played it. What the?

Modern Warfare 3 does not deserve an average user score of 2 out of 10. No way. To be honest, it wouldn't deserve an average user score of anything less than 6 out of 10.

It's not a great game, but it's most certainly a good game, and unlike Battlefield 3, there's heaps on the disk for gamers of all types to get stuck into. While it's admittedly a little short, the campaign is a great ride - plenty of "woah" moments. Spec Ops doesn't just have missions now, it's also got an awesome new Survival mode, playable on all of the multiplayer maps. Throw in decent multiplayer with new modes to keep it fresh, and there really is something for everyone.

Granted, it could use a new engine, but then, with the 360 and ps3 on their last legs, they may be better off waiting for new hardware anyway. As far as comments regarding a lack of innovation are concerned, that's something you could criticise most FPS's for.

An average of 2 out of 10? No way. Anywhere from 5 to about 9 is about right, to be fair.
  82. Nov 21, 2011
    A awesome FPS, lots of adrenalin and reflex booster combats, but in resume it's the same CoD ever, just another name... That's all. A must have to any CoD fan...
  83. Dec 10, 2011
    Vanilla repetitive shooter with a really shallow story. The multiplayer kinda fun though and the survival mode is pretty fun especially with friends. Its playable and kinda enjoyable, but it looses its appeal really fast. 6/10
  84. Nov 21, 2011
    I bought COD mw3 and i really enjoyed it. it had all the ingredients of a good game. i don't known why some people(Battlefield 3 fans n developer) are hating it, oh now i know..., from call of duty 1, i have been a great fan of this franchise and been always happy playing this game. i know graphics foe MW3 has been not upto the mark, then gaming is not all about good graphics but aI bought COD mw3 and i really enjoyed it. it had all the ingredients of a good game. i don't known why some people(Battlefield 3 fans n developer) are hating it, oh now i know..., from call of duty 1, i have been a great fan of this franchise and been always happy playing this game. i know graphics foe MW3 has been not upto the mark, then gaming is not all about good graphics but a combination's of graphics, gameplay, story n graphics. not like battlefield 3....activision guys keep on making such great games.
    i will be always a true fan of you and support you guys no matter what others say about you.

keep rocking......I LOVE YOU CALL OF DUTY.....
  85. Nov 24, 2011
    I will be very honest with this game.
    firstly it runs great on my pc and is very well optimised.
    The bad things are everything else. There is no dedicated servers, people are already hacking and their are many prestige 10 people after 3 days!!. I have gotten to level 40 (rank) in multiplayer and have had such a frustrating time due to the same old thing as MW2. Example:
    I will be very honest with this game.
    firstly it runs great on my pc and is very well optimised.
    The bad things are everything else.
    I have gotten to level 40 (rank) in multiplayer and have had such a frustrating time due to the same old thing as MW2. Example: Tubes,UMP,prestige 10 hackers,wallhacks and general disregard to any pc user in this modern day and age.
    The graphics are ok but nothing new.
    The gameplay is mediocre due to it been the same as MW2.
    I wanted something different like black ops was to MW2, but no they failed with this release.
    Only true die hard fanboys and kids with no sense will play this game all the way through.

For the above reasons this game scores a 4 out of 10.
  86. Nov 24, 2011
    Multiplayer seems unbalanced at the moment and the respawns are terrible. Improvements have been made in the lobby system, have had no random dropouts or long wait times which I always had a problem with in MW2. If the spawns are addressed and the weapons fine tuned ( FM9 Akimbo WTF!! ) then my opinion may change. I actually prefer Black Ops to the latest release. I NEVER thought I wouldMultiplayer seems unbalanced at the moment and the respawns are terrible. Improvements have been made in the lobby system, have had no random dropouts or long wait times which I always had a problem with in MW2. If the spawns are addressed and the weapons fine tuned ( FM9 Akimbo WTF!! ) then my opinion may change. I actually prefer Black Ops to the latest release. I NEVER thought I would think that.. Expand
  87. Dec 26, 2011
    A Metascore of 2.1? Of course. BF3 fans are spamming. I've only played the 'Gun game', 'Survival' and 'One in the Chamber' gamemodes locally, and I can already tell that the game is not the same. Of course, some of the weapons and perks are the same, but why fix what's already great? Besides, it's an FPS. They're all the same.
  88. Dec 21, 2011
    So you enjoy playing Cod 4? Cod WaW? Cod MW2? Cod BO? well good news, this is the EXACT SAME GAME! no difference, you just bought mw2... good job IW you rereleased mw2... again... **** you if you brought this overbloated piece of ****
  89. Dec 14, 2011
    First off, let me say that the majority of people rating it negative have not even played or even bothered to look at Modern Warfare 3. And also, the majority of their comments will be: "MW3 is a DLC to MW2" or "MW3 is MW2.5. It is true the MW3 shares the same engine as MW2. But it is by no means the same experience.

MW3 has a lot of new stuff. Like, say, new maps. Most of the maps in MP

MW3 has a lot of new stuff. Like, say, new maps. Most of the maps in MP are balanced and fun. MW3 also has none of the balancing issues MW2 had (except Akimbo FMG9, but isn't nearly as bad as OMA Noobtubing). You've also got tons of new weapons, with fresh models and animations. True, the graphics haven't changed at all. But MW2's (and MW3s) graphics are fine to begin with. Maybe not as good as BF3s, but this also enables users with lower end rigs to play it just fine. Matchmaking returning is a bit disappointing for PC, but by no means is it that bad. Just make sure you stay under 125 ping matches. Unranked servers are of course included, so if you want to play CG Rules SnD or something, you can. Course, MW3 isn't all about MP. The Singelplayer campaign was fun (albeit a little short), and Spec Ops is more fun than ever, especially in Survival mode. Overall, MW3 is a well rounded and great game. Its loads of fun, especially with friends in a Party. Just one note: don't expect it to be one of those immersive, "6 hour sessions at a time" games like Skyrim. MW3 is great for a quick burst of frenzied fun for around 2 or 3 hours. Then, have a rest or go play BF3 or something.
  90. Dec 15, 2011
    Campaign was short but still I'm with the side of Call of Duty franchise. Nice story with a nice ending. Multiplayer, have the same graphics but still added features to give the gameplay a twist.
  91. Dec 24, 2011
    it is just a graphical mod for the last cod... or the cod the year befor that... only 2 new features and the rest is the same. no innovation or creativity went into this game. its just an unaspiring commissional work.
  92. Jan 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Expand
  93. Apr 4, 2012
    Probably the best of the Modern Warfare franchise but in desperate need of more multiplayer maps in the core game. Forget the single player and opt for multi-player.
  94. Nov 9, 2011
    Call of Duty is a franchise that gamers love to hate. Regardless, even though I am NOT a Call of Duty fan, developer Sledgehammer Games has created a worthy game for a franchise that annoys me entirely. Even though Activision may be money hungry, the studio who created this game deserves way better respect than this.
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    Hey This Game Paid Off My Expectations and Really cooled off my anticipation.. the sp is as good as mw2 and mp is satisfying as well.. survival ops is back with a bang too.
    this game one of its own so don't compare it with any other.. just review it.
  96. Nov 9, 2011
    Another home run from Activision. The single player missions are fun and challenging enough for what's to come in the even more fun Co-Op and famous Multiplayer action. All the guns are really good unlike in the previous versions or other games out. There isn't the go-to build in this game, it seems to be very diverse to everyone's play style. The new Kill Confirm game type is a real goodAnother home run from Activision. The single player missions are fun and challenging enough for what's to come in the even more fun Co-Op and famous Multiplayer action. All the guns are really good unlike in the previous versions or other games out. There isn't the go-to build in this game, it seems to be very diverse to everyone's play style. The new Kill Confirm game type is a real good idea, whoever thought of that should get a raise. Kill Confirm is basically team deathmatch but with a catch. After you kill someone, you have to collect their dog tags for the kill to actually count towards the team. You can also deny the other teams kills by picking up friendly dog tags. The game looks great, runs super smooth at all times even though it appears to use an older engine. Activision doesn't fix what isn't broken, it uses the same extremely successful model and builds a bit on it to make the best game in the series yet. Expand
  97. Nov 9, 2011
    The campaign for this game is truly the same old story, but that doesn't mean it isn't a blast to play. The war zones are amazing and there are a whole bunch of WTF moments with incredible explosions. But the real reason I picked this game up was for multiplayer, spec ops and survival and I 100% assure you they are well worth your money even if you don't play the story at all you willThe campaign for this game is truly the same old story, but that doesn't mean it isn't a blast to play. The war zones are amazing and there are a whole bunch of WTF moments with incredible explosions. But the real reason I picked this game up was for multiplayer, spec ops and survival and I 100% assure you they are well worth your money even if you don't play the story at all you will still get 50 hours at least out of this game Expand
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    Better than expected. I don't need better graphics (my PC is the same as MW2). I need a good story and making me feel I am inside an action film. I loved MW2 multiplayer (more than Black Ops) and I love MW3 multiplayer.
  99. Nov 10, 2011
    Nice graphic, very good sound (better than mw2), singleplayer owns everything, and perfect multiplayer. Guys this game is amazing!!!! I think this game is really good, the best of all modern warfare.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay