2.4

1. Nov 11, 2011
    The most expensive map pack ever, or maybe not even a map pack as they have copied and pasted even some buildings in the game. It's just the same MW or MW2 we saw some years ago, but this time it have a smaller FOV what make the game horrible beyond measure. Only the blind fanboys from MW series will say that this **** worth paying it's price. Don't buy this pile of trash.
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    Have both battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3. Compare to battlefield 3 I can not find any reason to buy modern warfare 3 now therefore I really want to trade it in but as you know it is linked to your account. The feel of this game is that it is totally a map pack for modern warfare series, nothing new at all. My PC is I5 760+GTX460 1GB and I knew they did not change the graphic engine but the graphic is even worst than the modern warfare 1! Both single and multi player are boring.
    So, AVOID this game! Battlefield 3 is a much better choice if you want a FPS game.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    It's a great game, or better, DLC. They are only selling a DLC with a price game. Campaign very exciting, but there's nothing revolionario, same graphics, the sound can not help but compare with BF3, BF3 is that the more real. Is it worth buying when the price down, or have a good promotion on Steam.
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    I couldn't get this game to work on my brotactular Macbook Pro (or as I call it my Macbook Bro). Obviously IW didn't optimize this game for such a brotactular system and thus they cannot receive my Seal of Broproval. Total letdown bros.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    I wish I could release the same game three times and make millions off it! It seems as though Activision has become lazy and considers all people who play their games as mindless drones who will fork out money every year to play the same game. Congrats, Activision. Enjoy the horrible user reviews, you deserve every bit of it. Oh also, stop ASKING for positive user reviews..
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    I've played Battlefield 2, the new Goldeneye, Crysis, COD 4, MW2, Black Ops, MW3. I get where most of you are coming from as it being basically the same graphics engine as MW2. I myself even noticed the feeling of COD 4 within it, but to tell you the truth, that's exactly why I love it so much. I bought COD 4 not when it was full retail, or even $30, but fricken $10 on Steam during a holiday sale. I was like, eh... I guess everyone keeps talking about it lets try it out. It was Awesome. There's no denying that, MW2 was even good. Black Ops was alright but still a little too Treyarchy for me which is what kept me from getting involved earlier. Then comes that whole legal debate with this game and having Sledgehammer jump in. I'm just happy they actually made it in time.

My best guess is because of that, and losing a huge portion of their staff to Respawn they really didn't have the time, in 2 years to make an entirely new COD. I'm glad. In the end it feels right to me. Call me crazy. The whole Modern Warfare story was gonna be a trilogy anyway so why not have it all be on the same graphics engine? Aren't we, the PC gamers always standing up for gameplay over graphics anyway? Minecraft? Super Meat Boy? Portal? I completely support their choice to reuse COD4 and MW2, why not? When the next Call of Duty comes from Infinity Ward in 2 years or so, it'll have a new story, new characters and that will be the time when it makes sense to have newer graphics, not now.

Point is, the campaign felt like the equivalent of a movie, its cinematic. Lord of the Rings uses the same actors and same locals and plot in the grand scheme of it all. Games have always been split, there are the innovative ones, the ones like Madden that just renew what was there, not dissimilar to this, and then there are the out of the blue games like DragonAge and Elder Scrolls that are rehashes and retakes on a genre but are nothing new in concept. In general however games are getting to the point where they should be judged not on their graphics and familiarity, but on the gameplay and the grandness of it. The thoughts they leave when you're done playing and the feelings you get while playing them. MW3 is more arcade than realistic, but that's exactly how its supposed to be. That 3 at the end should mean, you are getting the same story, same mechanics, same graphics or damn close to. Expect change when a NEW game comes out not just a continuation of a story.

Multiplayer is simply updated but that's to be expected, if its not broke don't fix it. Has Madden changed drastically lately? Its still football, and this is still you trying to kill everyone else. Black Ops was the same as MW2, which was the same as COD4, if you expected a HUGE change come 3, you've obviously been living under a rock for the last 6 years. People buy this game to continue playing multi with their friends, and to continue the story and be blown away by the sights, sounds and grand feel it has. It's like back in the day playing with that Buzz Lightyear toy and then they come out with the Chrome one. Well no **** its the same thing but it does slightly more and looks better, so doesn't that make it technically better than the original and worth trying?
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 for PC is by far the worst of the 3 platforms and this game just blows in general at this point. MW1 was a great and revolutionary game. MW2 was the same game with a new skin that also took away major features that had been in the game before. Black Ops was, again, a reskin of MW1, but at least added back most of the features taken away in MW2. MW3 is, again, a reskin and a downgrade of the previous games.

- No ranked dedicated servers.
    - No working Elite service.
    - No FOV adjustment.
    - No new graphics.
    - No new game changing features. (Yes I know about the new modes, but most servers just run the old ones)

Overall, the game has stagnated and had no innovation since the original MW, and they are happily taking everyone's $60 (which btw, they were the first company to increase the cost of PC games from $50 to $60 and since then everyone followed suit, so thanks for that too). They are taking $60 for MW2, BO, and MW3, and all they are doing is reskining MW1.

I was a huge fan of MW1, and even bought BO hoping for something new. Very disappointed in this and am refunding this game and playing BF3 exclusively. Fortunately for IW and Activision, sheep will still buy and play this game in droves, just like Apple fanatics buy the iPhone repeatedly.
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Crap crap crap is all i can say. They still dont care about us pc gamers. We dont have elite and i doubt we will get it anytime soon. The maps are **** the game lags all the time and the dedicated servers are unranked. All Activision cares about is the console gamers. We get left in the back with nothing.
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    I am a true cod fan, that said I have bought everyone including mw3. I was absolutely aghast at what I experienced in mw3's multi player. The screen @ HD 1080p resolution was horrific, the graphics was standard mw2 fare however over all the experience was frustrating. here are my top 5 thoughts:

1) Servers, although the recent patch made servers more stable they are still horrible. There
    is no way to describe them otherwise. The most important aspect of any good fps is decent and stable servers, even non dedicated they should be easy to use and overall not hinder the player. 2) reused textures, not that I mind low res textures these are just obviously ripped off from mw1. They are out of place and outdated even by the 2 year old mw2's standards.

3) Hype and lies, bait and switch. Dev's saying there was dedi's and then after pre-orders went out they changed that dedi's were not part of the main online experience. 4) Hackers/cheaters- On day one there were in seven hours of play a confirmed 23 hackers. Some with aimbots but most were just prestige 10 level 80. Sure maybe they will get banned, but only after 5 months of us having to put up with them.

5) Maps- They range from bad to pathetic, they feel rushed and ugly. I don't mind the camping spot because i know to check my corners but in some parts it is impossible to spot campers and the fact that some bushes are wall like and even bullet proof shows that the maps were made not being concerned about the players experience.

My conclusion is to not buy it, if you did to return it. This game is not worth the asking price. The only way they will ever turn this game around is to: 1) provide dedicated servers to rank up on and 2) revamp all the maps and textures completely.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    Rehash, rehash, rehash. Same game, slightly different name. If you want to blow your money on something you've already played before be my guest, if not, look elsewhere for a better game.
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    IWnet matchmaking sucks, ping is not stable from game to game it s hard to adjust..... black ops had dedicated servers and it worked very well compared to this crap matchmaking which cannot even get 4 ppl party into same game come on!!!

map design is bad also
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Where should I start? There are a lot of things that went wrong with this franchise or the games in general. First, original developer is no longer develop the game that they created, the old IW. With these recently release of CoD, the new team of IW and Sledgehammer, let's not for get about Treyarch ( at least they actually listen to the community about certain things), they don't seem to get the ideal or concept of Call of Duty. They are so blinded how the game generate so much capital. Developing game should be balance on all platform, no bias just because they generate more cash. For MW3, there are, I want to say, **** load of crap that should NEVER EVER be in there. First of all is the dedicated servers, I mean seriously now, Ranked P2P and Un-ranked Dedicated servers? Do you even know that dedicated servers are PC BACKBONE? second, there aren't enough innovation in this game that feeding the PC communities. Kill-streaks sure are great but it reached lifespan. The old formula isn't working anymore. In conclusion, This game suck in this features and developments. Expand
  13. Nov 12, 2011
    I think this game is very good.Because I only play single mode.I like the story of this game.Price Soap Yuri and Sandman are true heroes!They are dead or be forgotten.But I only love them forever!
  14. Nov 12, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is a great game...if you have never played Modern Warfare 1 or 2. To be plain, MW3 is a simple regurgitation of the CODness we have all seen before. I was hoping for something shiny and new, but I admit that I got exactly what I expected. To be honest, we as a gaming community deserve this. If we keep paying for low quality repeats, the publishers and game developers will continue to be lazy and reap the rewards. Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    A complete disappointment. Nothing has changed. Another addition to the MW2 .
  16. Nov 12, 2011
    The graphics are old and dated, it's more like a map pack than a new game. The peer-to-peer for multi-player ranked servers has got to go!!! If the developer had allowed for ranked dedicated servers (even if it was limited to just the rented servers like BF3), then I would have scored this game much, much higher. I did think some of the game modes were unique and fun, like Team Defender and Kill Confirmed, but not all of those modes can be hard core. Expand
  17. Nov 12, 2011
    As a cod fan i can't express how disappointing this game is.I play on pc and again iw have shafted us with there crappy iwnet, peer to peer is for consoles.I'd also add that graphically this game is 4 years out of date but then it was made for the xbox and that is 5+years old games like this should be made for the pc first then dumbed down for the console take BF3 as an example i'm no big fan of the battlefield series but graphically it blows mw3 out of the water and i'd have to say that the multiplayer aspect is so much better than mw3.MW3 is just a lazy development by iw there is no imagination and it is just a re skinned mw2.Can't comment on the single player because i don't buy games for the single player Expand
  18. Nov 12, 2011
    I've played the 360 and pc version of the game. Its nearly the same, with the difference that you have different controls and better graphics. But the rest is the same:
    It has a short, boring campaign, with some scripted scenes which we already know from the previous games. There is nothing new in this game. No vehicles, no interesting new weapons, no innovative features, it has nearly
    the same graphic as the previous games. For such a high price you guess that you are making a good deal. Instead its a update of modern warfare 3 which includes a different title, a new menu and some changes like 2 or 3 new perks, thats all. Most of the maps are recycled from the previous games. It could have been a nice update for 10 bucks but instead it became an overpriced "game". When i played i felt no difference to modern warfare 2 which i played one week ago. Expand
  19. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I live in Russia. you should look at it! Advertizing in russian language, but itself game only in other language. The answer from support: Hello Roman, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. As the storefront shows, the only support languages are: Languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish, French
    By the way, Russian words in graffity is all obscene! =) how i can money back??
  20. Nov 12, 2011
    Ah my used to be favorite series returns. MW2 was the first sign that things are going the wrong way, black ops gave a little hope to us pc players (dedi etc) , but MW3 takes it way way back as it wont even work with my connection(student housing connection through university). All the other games work just fine I would not recommend anyone to buy this game as you may not get a working product !
  21. Nov 12, 2011
    An absolute mess of a game, (using the word 'game' here seems a bit of a stretch). Unbalanced multi-player which is essentially MW2 with slightly different maps, keeping none of MW2's strengths and all it's weaknesses. The single player doesn't fare much better either, it's another 'OH NOEZ MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE GOINGZ TO BLOW UP AMERICA'. Not thought provoking at all, not different to previous games at all. Expand
  22. Nov 12, 2011
    Infinity Ward should come up with something new in Call of Duty series and not just pack the old game in the new box and sell it as sequel and sell it for ridiculous high price.
  23. Nov 12, 2011
    They should fire the team who decided it was a good idea to have every second mission in MW3 be a f***ing turret mission. The campaign was storytelling at its worse. It was just as bad if not worse than BF3's campaign, which was put in to show off the Frostbite 2 engine. Even Duke Nukem: Forever had a better story.

The Multiplayer definitely has the worst maps out of all the Call of
    Duties. They are merely the same map but all set in different weather/time zones. The guns are also just as bad. they are all a re-skin of the same gun. All the Assault Rifles have the same fire rate, damage, recoil, etc. Half of them even have the same iron sights for f***s sake, and all of them have the exact sound file for firing. There is no point in unlocking guns, because the first gun is exactly the same as the last unlockable gun. Oh, and what the f*** did they do the ACR. Holy f***.

Survival mode is fun and a lot better than BO's zombie mode. This is the only redeeming factor for MW3.

This game looks and sounds like it should've been released in 2007. Or as a DLC. I'm not even comparing it to BF3, because BF3 outshines everything by far, but you need the newest rig to run it. Every single game that's been released in the past 2 years looks and sounds better than this crap.

If you still plan on buying this game, don't. Either steal it or pirate it, this game is not worth your money.

0/10. I want my 2 hours of playing this game back.
  24. Nov 12, 2011
    I cannot believe this game, I knew in my deepest of hearts not to buy it, but I said "Screw it, lemme jump on the bandwagon and see if they actually didn't screw it up like BO"

How wrong I was.

For a start this game feels like MW 2.5, nigh on everything is recycled from MW2, from the sounds, textures, and just about anything else they could pick out from the previous title. The SP was
    so forced and ugly that I couldn't stand to play it for more than 30 minuets. I'd rather go play BF3's singleplayer and we all know how bad that is.

Multiplayer is the same crap as always, nothing much as changed except some killstreaks (not many new ones, a fair number of them are recycled) and a few crappy guns thrown in. I will admit the weapons feel more balanced and the map design is better over BO but it still doesn't justify charging £40 for a game that is basically a DLC pack.

Many games are pushed back or delayed by a great deal because of this downhill failing cashcow, it is totally unfair and getting annoying. Hopefully they'll realise that they've dished out this franchise so much it resembles a spent whore. And hopefully people will noticed and give another franchises a chance of actually releasing Christmas season games without posting a loss. I can't believe how much CoD has fallen since 4, 1, 2 and 4 were fantastic pieces of FPS awesomeness. Now it's bland rubbish.
  25. Nov 12, 2011
    The game deserves its low rating on the pc at least. Campain: meh at the most, its short, linear, no improvements in graphical/audio fidelity, and to top it off the story isnt even good. so id give it a 3/10 for that

Graphics: there is free to play indie games out there that look better. And compared to other games in the same market its poor. 5/10

Functionality: Again nothing new.
    MW had more options and that came out in 2007. Very very poor 2/10

Multiplayer: The most annoying aspect of this game. could have been good. IW were making all the right noises on this one. Then at the last minute ruined all their hard work ten fold. How can you tell your community that you listened to all the feedback from mw2, and then completely disreguard all of what was said. 0/10 as in its current state it might as well not exist. Life span: as there is no multiplayer worth playing and the campain is 4 hours long max. 3/10 Value for money: as i have it on the pc 0/10 as it has no trade in value... This is why the game doesnt deserve to have a good review score
  26. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm really surprised by the onslaught of negative reviews, I loved this game. I feel they took almost everything good from the last few games and brought them together. Online play is fantastic, I'm disappointing in no ranks for the server list. I downloaded BF3 When it first came out to see if i wanted to buy it, played through single player once in like 6 hours and then put in two hours on line and deleted it, Downloaded MW3 and played multilayer and bought the game. Iv now put in somewhere like 16 hours online and still love it. Both games are good, Id only put BF3 at an 6 or 7 but they are different games. Plus! Big fail for BF3 that its non steam and has Origin. Expand
  27. Nov 12, 2011
    So disappointed in the game. Infinity ward screwed up bad. Black ops was a great game so i had hopes that Infinity ward would have learned a thing from treyarch but they didnt. I want my money back.
  28. Nov 12, 2011
    Why waste $60 on a game, that is nearly identical multiplayer-wise to its past title mw2?

Same GUI, some guns have the same recycled animations.

The only difference, i see, is some better looking water.
  29. Nov 12, 2011
    If you like Call Of Duty, You will like Modern Warfare 3. If you don't like Call Of Duty, You will HATE Modern Warfare 3. I don't like Call Of Duty.
  30. Nov 12, 2011
    The game is as ugly as Robert Koticks soul. It's actually insulting, what little effort was put in. I say to Robert, stop abusing the stupidity of the public and let this cash cow die.
  31. Nov 12, 2011
    I can smell developer's attitude from this, horrible FOV, lots of old assets, sounds etc. and the same old stupid P2P-style ranked games. I mean Black Ops wasn't bad, this really feels like a downgrade from it.
  32. Nov 12, 2011
    Simply put. There was an unfinished storyline from MW2. At first, everyone was excited for the future events of that storyline. "what happened to soap and price?!" "where the hell is Makarov" and now everyone complains because its more of the same?! i don't see people going mad when a writer tells a single story in 3 or even 9 seperate books. what? maybe they should consider changing the typography! from 'times new roman' to 'comic sams'.
    This is like the weather debate syndrome, people are never happy about it.
    Graphically the game is impeccable not to mention the sound and gameplay.
    Of course there's always room for some improvements.
    Sometimes i wonder if any developers should ever listen to all the noisy begging around the game.
    Congratulations Activision for another great product.
  33. Nov 12, 2011
    Just as i wanted it to be. A buffed up version of mw2. Sure they could use ranked dedis aswell. But i do prefer lobby system over dedis since im a casual gamer. Graphics are ok imo. I didnt want to buy a brand new computer for this game. My old rig runs it flawlessly. The gameplay is awesome. Run and gun is just in my taste. Perks are more balanced and no overpowered grenade launchers this time around. Co op is suprisingly fun with friends. I will enjoy this game for hundreds of hours. And hopefully the coming dlcs will include some larger maps Expand
  34. Nov 12, 2011
    activision has no respect for the pc gaming community so I will not respect them with a good score.
    Game itself is just mw2.5 full of hackers day one they are not stopping them they don't care about us they just want money so once you buy it.. well... GG
  35. Nov 12, 2011
    Disappointing. Modern Warfare 1.5 rehashed, campaign waaay too short, multiplayer a tactical clone, essentially no graphical improvements, usual technical difficulties (this time hackers more than crashes). A score of one still feels to generous... Interesting how Steam price has already dropped 30% in Australia; if you're considering buying it then go save yourself a few bucks and opt for MW1/BO instead. Expand
  36. Nov 12, 2011
    Absolute garbage. Same **** over and over again. No improvements in any areas, in fact worse on pc, no innovation and no effort. A blatant cash grab. My biggest concern is that talented developers will take note of activisions financial success here, and just spew out bland, repetitive games year after year as activisions seem to do well out of it. Do not buy this, youll be doing the whole industry a favour. Expand
  37. Nov 12, 2011
    This is literal garbage for the amount of money they're charging. The SP is good but not $60 worth good. MP nothing new, sure its fun but I feel like its MW2.5 and not actually 3
  38. Nov 13, 2011
    I remember playing this game in 2007, but I think it was called COD4. This games formula is staid to say the least, but I have to wonder what it might have really been like if Infinity Ward hadn't imploded. Oh, and it is a 0 because I don't think a map pack should cost $60.
  39. Nov 13, 2011
    This is not a bad game, a little better than MW2, i enjoyed it thoroughly, and it is probably the best COD i have ever played, there are lots of changes to be observed from previous titles. I like games that i enjoy and MW3 delivers it. Although the campaign could have been longer. The ending part didn't do much justice. And for comparision, why is everybody comparing this to Battlefield, both are different types of games. Where other games try to be like COD, COD does what it wants to do, it doesn't try to be something else, it knows its roots, what if its graphics are not cutting edge, graphics alone do not make a game, the gameplay is far superior. Although everybody has their own choices, and they have their reasons to dislike it, but that doesn't mean MW3 is totally a bad game. Expand
  40. Nov 13, 2011
    Yikes!!! What happened to the Call of Duty I used to love? This game honestly should be called Modern Warfare 2.5!!!! You can see a lot of ctrl C and ctrl V on this release. I've been a supporter of Call of Duty since the very first release, and I have to say, it's such a shame what the CoD franchise has turned into. I'm not saying the game is terrible, but it just seems like they lost their edge on the last three releases. If you really need a good fix, try Battlefield 3. This just isn't right, when what you're paying for can easily be titled as a map pack for MW2. Expand
  41. Nov 13, 2011
    MW3, well to review this game you could have just played MW2 its exactly the same with a few minor changes. I've played a lot of cod over the years since cod 4, about 80 days worth so i know and love cod especially the multilayer, ive maxed out prestige in all the games since cod 4. MW3 is exactly the same as MW2 same game engine, same graphics, same sounds, same guns, with a few new added little perks and what not but it just seems that they have put absolutely no effort in game development over the past 2 years, with such a big market share and big budgets you would think they would produce something new and innovative to liven up the cod series but they haven't its the same as MW2. Its still fun though and if you liked MW2 you will like MW3, prestige in this game is said to have greater rewards which is something ive always wanted, but i wont be playing this game, something unusual for me as ive played every other cod game to death but its just the same game repackaged every year. go buy cod 4 instead. im gonna go play skyrim. Expand
  42. Nov 13, 2011
    BF3 fanboys are so LAME. The campaign was epic, best one til date 10/10. Multiplayer was awesome they did a great job 10/10 and survival mode is kinda fun 10/10.
  43. Nov 13, 2011
    First off, i want to say that this is not a BAD game, its actually alright. but theres one big flaw in both the multiplayer and most of the singleplayer, i have played it before.
    call of duty has had a reputation for having the most action packed FPS games out, upgrading and outclassing with every new title. only problem is that this game is exactly the same as its predecessor, MW2. its
    plain lazy how little they have done. and for some reason the gameplay feels stiff and unbalanced, its just not right.
    theres something not right about MW3, and all the extremely positive reviews saying otherwise are just pandering to the now ONLY age group of 13 year old buys who rate a game by how many bullets they can shoot.
    one last thing : i am devostated that they pulled the same stunt with the P2P system. being from a small town this has made my online gaming experience terrible. taking 10 miniutes to access a game of hardcore TDM is not how MW is supposed to be.
    disapoined. bring back treyarch.
  44. Nov 13, 2011
    If this games' score would be based on a "developer effort / price " ratio, it would get absolute 0 score. They are using outdated engine for so long that it makes this game look ugly compared to any newer games on market. I believe they mentioned that dedicated serves are back, well yes they are but you can only gain exp via match making lobbys, how great. They even recyled some objects from mw 1 and put them into campaign in mw3. They did almost none improvement to weapons sound, since they all sound almost the same and very unusual and yeh a bad port from consoles since FOV is very low, beacuse of which I couldnt play the game very long, since it is very annoying to me, but I really dont care since the game is boring to me and I will probably never play it again.
    However gameplay Is smooth,fast paced and everything , but paying 60â
  45. Nov 13, 2011
    Same as MW2, a good copy/paste work made by Activision to milk the game. I bet they will release a few DLC for 20bux too.

This is a braindead game with nothing new. A lot of stupid kids will play it.
  46. Nov 13, 2011
    This is not a game is DCL.

JUST A GOOD single player campaign, and a multiplayer game, copying from the last Call of Dutys,

$60 for this DCL? Crazy... only copy/paste game!
  47. Nov 13, 2011
    muy simple...me siento estafado por lo que pague. un juego reciclado, y ya explotado hasta la muerte. Lo que mas me molesta es el audio el sonido de las armas, parecen airsoft que armas,realmente lamentable todo esto. Espero que para el proximo call reapunten. si si tengo el bf3 pero no entra a competir con el call, le doy esta nota por que sinceramente se las merecen infinite awards y activion basta de burlarse de los gamers. prefiero mi MW1 que esta basura que compre Expand
  48. Nov 13, 2011
    This game has disappointed me in everything: the best single player delusional from all that I did see, the atmosphere in the game, well conceived weapons balance in multiplayer - all terrible. Developers do not care about the players, they would only pull money from people. The standard time for me was the Cull of-Duty 4, then went just up the game: one part to another, with little innovation
  49. Nov 13, 2011
    I'm playing COD since COD 1. I share the opinion of many before that COD is geting more and more bad. Only look at the graphik and level design in the mp and than compare to BF 3, who are interested in creating a really great graphik with great levels. There are worlds between it. Try to sniper in the little maps of COD. Its nearly impossible. Than the spawn system. Just stay for no 10 sek somewhere. I swear you'l be knifed by someone who spawns beside you. Its no playing, its nothing more than dying-spawning, dying-spawning.....and clearly, it's programmed, because the maps are big as a little shoe-box. Than dedis, but not ranket. What the hell is this ?? Let the player decide . . bla bla bla ... It really makes no fun for me any more. It's the last COD I've byed . Sorry... Expand
  50. Nov 13, 2011
    Same as mw2, copy and paste of the game, i feel this game is a scam. I paid the price of a full featured game to get this recycled mw2 with a few things renamed and new weapons. The campaign is cheap and feels very put together. I was expecting so much from this game and it's much worse than i hoped for. The very limited dedicated server support feels like they just put it in to shut the pc gamers up.

The multiplayer is pretty much the same as mw2(still many little annoyances) but the hit detection is much worse now. When i shoot next to a guy i usually end up hitting him, most likely they did this to make up for the lagg that happens because they didn't put in proper dedicated server support. The maps are also very bad and most are just reskins of previous maps with a few little changes but major paths are still the same
  51. Dec 8, 2011
    Another time: Call of Duty made a game that is for 90% the same as it's previous ones. If you really want a good first person shooter. Then this won't be what you were searching for. The co-op gets boring after 5-10 matches.
  52. Nov 13, 2011
    I have enjoyed the cod series over the years and love MW1. When MW2 was released, the series started to lose my favor due to the companies aparrant inability to get rid of the hackers. It was a shame, I loved the maps. Back to MW1 I went. I enjoyed Blackops but that was a different developer. Watching the commercials for MW3 I must admit, I was pretty excited. I finished the totally bland sp in just over 4 hours.... Wtf? Okay, I was feling rather let down at this point so I fired up mp. After checking to make sure my graphics didn't accidentally get set to low, I realized the game looked like MW2, but not as good. Yes, I started up MW2 to check. I played for 2 days trying out the game modes and have come to the conclusion that I have been suckered. If they would have just patched MW2, and offered a map pack, it would have been better. I feel dirty. I am certain that I will make more stupid mistakes in life, but buying another MW title will not be one of them. Expand
  53. Nov 13, 2011
    I ahve been a CoD player for year, and this is the worst attempt at a money grab I have ever seen. I already own this game x2 in the form of mw1 and mw2. The sounds are putrid, graphics old, stale, and lacking any colors. I have buyers remorse like you wouldn't believe after buying this game. It really is just DLC for mw2. Whats worse... they are going to sell you the old maps from mw2 and mw1 as DLC... raping you again. GG activision/IW/Sledge, you are truly con artists. I am not a bf3 fanboy either. I havent ever played bf until now. At least they are really developing a game and not cloning. Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is mediocre at best, running on the same engine as the previous 3 Call of Duty games and failing to bring anything new or innovative to the table. To top it off, the game has terrible multiplayer balance issues. Essentially, it is Modern Warfare 2.5.
    If you're bored and want a fast-paced run-and-gun non-tactical shooter to just play around in, MW3 is fine.
    Modern Warfare
    3? More like Money Wasted 3. Expand
  55. Nov 13, 2011
    I don't know what the hell is goin on, but I have been playing MW3 and it is a kick ass game. I own BF3 on the pc and find it to be a good game also, but MW3 exceeded my expectations where I am having a hell lot more fun than BF3, in how MW3 is still using the same winning formula that is a lot more refined, polished and balanced. I give a "Hooah" to Sledgehammer games in really making this game happen with Infinity Ward, I can tell they really worked hard on this game, say what you will but they did a great job with this game. I was very very very skeptical about this game, especially after the whole controversy surrounding Activision and Infinity Ward but I have totally changed my preconceived notions about this game after really playing it and am still a COD fan. Expand
  56. Nov 13, 2011
    wow....how much are these "professional" review companies getting paid to give this game such a high score. MW3 is complete crap. It's a $60 map pack.....AGAIN. Graphics are very cartoon like (not like TF2, but that was the point of TF2). Gun sounds are horrible, maps are slightly bigger than nuketown in COD:BO. Plain and simple, its a bad game and they need to make some serious changes before MW2.2... I mean MW4 Expand
  57. Nov 14, 2011
    an ok game, but just a re-hash of Mw2, dont see how they justfy the $60 outlay. this is rubbish. Bf3 has it faults many of them but this is maddness. yet stupid people will continue to purchase this crap over and over.
  58. Nov 14, 2011
    Reheated soupe. meah . Realy tired of the same crap , not bad for an expansion but not worth the money, definetly. Just for the nobrainer fanboys .
  59. Nov 14, 2011
    Just finished the game and it is a complete disappointment. All i got is basically first modern warfare with dumb storyline and very old styled multiplayer for 12 players. If they would ask 6$ for this i would be glad but 60$ price makes this game garbage.
  60. Nov 14, 2011
    First of all I can't believe the childish reviews calling this game bad just because it's Call of Duty.
    Also how can this be a map pack if it has the best single player from a CoD to date.
    The campaign kicks on from Modern Warfare 2, the gameplay is better than ever, graphics have improved again also the story is really engaging and a great experience. I've not played the co op yet but the
    multiplayer is as great as ever and the dedicated servers are a brilliant addition. Gun Game is easily the best mode. I can't understand the complaints the games not changed too much. Despite the 4 years since CoD4 there is still not a fps as good as this franchise and childish moans won't make it worse. Just enjoy the game. Expand
  61. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 has been released pretty close to Battlefield 3's entry into the gaming market. For this reason alone it would be the obvious thing to compare the two. However I won't be doing that as they are totally different games. Call of Duty has a more arcade style with a faster pace. Battlefield 3 focuses on the real life aspect of war, which is obviously a slower tempo but in large scale battles.

Single Player Campaign

MW3's single player campaign involves an all out war taking you to new locations in different countries such as London and Paris while switching between different characters perspectives. Some missions are a lot of fun, others you may find irritating. Controlling a gunship remotely, shooting from a speed boat, calling in bombing runs and so on are fun moments. Call of Duty games have and still remain to be linear with having to follow a set path and pretty much standing in the exact position required before the game moves forward. This is annoying to say the least. Team mates get in the way during action moments. Line up the perfect shot and you have squad mates either pushing into you, resulting in moving out of position or simply wandering in your line of fire. For the most part though they do blend in and support very well. Sometimes too well. There are moments whereby you have to follow your squad through buildings only to have them kill all the enemies on there own deeming you simply a passenger in the script set down by the creators. Some features in the single player campaign I really wish were never included in the first place. Cut scenes which give the instruction to press a specific button to win the ensuing battle or event. Miss the button/press the wrong one and you'll get mission fail and have to re-do it again. Battle through intense missions without dying and the one that gets you is press "x" now. It's unnecessary and really annoying. I have my finger on the trigger button of mouse ready to shoot and it doesn't occur to me that I need to quickly press "e" or something on the keyboard. Does it draw me into the scene and feel part of it. Absolutely not, those moments just slow the game down and ruin an otherwise impressive campaign. I had a blast with this game. Definitely one of the best single player moments I've had in a long time.

Multiplayer

There's an immediate difference compared to Black Ops and that is dedicated servers have been removed, and in it's place is the Modern Warfare 2 console like system. Join matches with random people in player hosted matches. As soon as the hosting player quits a match everyone's game is paused while the system allocates a new player as host. It's slow, annoying and takes away a lot of the fun. Dedicated servers also allowed players to customize the matches they're looking for. Like a specific map then you could find a server that continuously plays that map uninterrupted. With player hosted matches this is not possible.

"It's very challenging and a lot of fun"

Matches are pretty much the same as previous Call of Duty games. Weapons have changed slightly. Maps are varied, some good others not so fun. Plenty of different match-play modes from capture flags to just all out deathmatch.

An interesting addition this year is the Spec Ops Survival game mode. This is similar to Zombie mode from previous games with the twist of having waves of soldiers, dogs, attack helicopters and the like. It's very challenging and a lot of fun. Between waves of attacks your rewarded with credits which can be used to purchase new weapons, ammo or special abilities such as air support.

Graphics

Graphics are really poor on the PC version with the wrong settings. Use the settings at the bottom of this page to achieve the best graphics possible. Lighting effects are really good. Sounds

There's not a lot of realism in the sounds. Shooting from any gun doesn't give the believable sound that it could be an actual real life weapon. There's obvious room for improvement in terms of weapon sounds.

SUMMARY

The single player campaign is a really good reason to own this game. I found it so much fun, though it wasn't difficult. Completed the campaign on hardened difficulty in 5hrs 30mins. Not particularly long or challenging but a lot of fun nonetheless.
    Multiplayer follows the same formula as before. The added survival mode will have you coming back for more. Black Ops has better multiplayer maps. Modern Warfare 3 isn't the classic everyone was hoping it would be, however it is a fun game that will keep you entertained for hours.

InsidePCgaming Rating

www.insidepcgaming.com
  62. Nov 14, 2011
    what a joke. and here I was expecting it would be better because of battlefield 2. WOW it looked worse than a game they released years ago. they keep giving us the same **** and we are stupid enough to buy it. this will probably be the last modern warfare game I buy unless they give us something new. BF3 is a lot better than this trash
  63. Nov 14, 2011
    I finally understood why this franchise exists. It took me some time, being this ridiculous hard core gamer type, enjoying Ultra settings BF3 or modding Skyrim on day 1. However, what I've realized is that this game DOESN'T take itself seriously, but that's ok! I can perfectly understand at this point why this game is fun, it's simple, arcade fun, nothing more. If you plan to take an "innovative realistic approach to COD" your not going to have it; and to top it off it's meant to be taken lightly, as a run-around shooter just for the hell of it. This is a game to enjoy with friends, not to be competitive over. If you take the time to realize that, your experience changes. I've been playing BF3 for the extremely intense, action filled technical innovated, shooting powerhouse that is the game. But I then see that I have MW3, a fun, kick back, shoot em up with no real flair, but the game sells, why? Because people enjoy to have fun! There's something about Call of Duty's multiplayer over the past several that get's you to say "one more game, one more game, one more game" and something get's you hooked. I think that also reflects on another game that you can kind of relate. Minecraft, the "one more block" mentality and next thing you know you have a mineshaft. MW3 gives the hook on to it experience, it's flashy, it's killstreaks, it's extremely fast paced, and you feel as though you fly through games. Don't rate this game on it's innovation or it's graphics or whatever you think it needs. For what it provides to the mass community it's perfect for being a fun fast paced shooter. And although it's not some brand new game that expands completely from MW2, it still has it's fresh feeling. This game does truly deserve more, i've been on both sides of the spectrum, believe me, and what i've come to realize is, this game is there for the enjoyment of classic style shooters, take it that way. Expand
  64. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 is a PC game that fails on a technical level. The game lacks some of the features of its predecessor Black Ops. Namely a FoV (field of view) slider and (ranked) dedicated servers.
    The low FoV in particular makes the game barely playable. It also makes the game look like a cheap console port. Cheap in the sense that no effort seems to have been put into it. Ironic then, that this game
    is one of the most expensive PC titles on the market.

This issue is so major that it undermines every aspect of the game. Yet is so easily fixed, at least from a layman's perspective, that MW3 PC looks like the ultimate, laziest money grab.
    I'm sorry to see that IW has not mended, what is often called, the consolitis that has afflicted Call Of Duty. Treyarch's Black Ops was a commendable effort as a PC game, and it seems like a crying shame that IW stubbornly refuses to acknowledge the progress their perceived rival has made. Their Laisser faire attitude has cost them the CoD crown already, now it seems only a matter of time before gamers taste in games will cost them their dollars. PC gamers, always a step ahead, are now put into a position where buying MW3 seems like a bad idea. And if they did, writing a glaring review on sites such as Metacritic as a sorts of refund, or payback, seems only fair.
  65. Nov 14, 2011
    audiovisually the game is exactly the same as mw2, bad maps, the said they were gonna work on security to make it harder to hack the game, but there's aimbots and wallhacks out day 1. can't change the field of view up from 60 or whatever it is (same as on consoles), which is ridiculous low for a pc game. they are trying to turn the pc version into the exact same as the console version, while forgetting 2 things: pc gamers don't want a console experience, which is why we play pc, and 2. a pc isn't a console.

tl;dr **** sucks
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    I am not even sure why I buy this franchise, perhaps its the hope that they will deliver on their promise, or their hype. Yet another re-hash of the same on-rails single player game. Ok so this time they give us dedicated servers, but this time, you can't rank up on dedis. You have to use the same lame peering system as MW2. Activision and IW turned their backs on PC players after COD4 and this is just goes to prove their commitment to that decision. This is not a full game relase this is Modern Warfare episode 4, and as such should be priced way lower. Expand
  67. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game, decent graphics, excellent gameplay. People that say it's a lagfest and a mw2 expansion pack probably haven't played it enough, or have crappy internet. After about 20 hours of multiplayer and a completed campaign, I feel that my opinion is worth more than one of some brat that just wants to hate.

Enough offtopic bullcrap.

The multiplayer is great, mostly good connections and
    a large variety of weapons and perks. Customization might not be as big as in Black Ops, but that was an excessive amount anyway.
    The only grief I had, was that the most overpowered weapons were unlocked almost instantly. I would've thought that IW learned from the mw2 UMP45, but they didn't. Oh well, anyone with a decent set of tactics can easily take the abusers out.

Just to remind everyone, MW3 is a great game. It's the best from CoD4 and MW2 combined, and the matchmaking service is working a lot smoother, to my experience. Don't hate if you just don't like the game. Always be objective, and don't be biased.
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    Not bad, the single player is really good, i enjoyed it a lot. Multiplayer is as always addictive, and the new survival mode is fun to play as well. There are also 16 spec ops missions for 2 players which is nice.
    Would have given a 9 if there was an option to change field of view which is terrible.
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    Amazing-action game. Multiplayer is awesome , worth buying ! Hope BF3 fanboys will not ruin this review page as they are doing it now. They cant realize that MW3 is better game
  70. Jun 19, 2013
    I went into MW3 expecting just a copy-paste of MW2 (which I honestly enjoyed). What I got was something much, much worse. I play CoD for the story, and the singleplayer in MW3 lasts all of 4 hours and the story itself is totally uninteresting. There were just 1 memorable mission in MW3 that I may go back and play again, compare that to 5 or 6 in the previous installments. The spec ops had a lot of promise, I really enjoyed it in MW2. Unfortunately it is done very poorly in MW3. Again, there are no memorable missions, and the missions themselves basically require you to play with a partner. Add that to the fact that CoD matchmaking and latency is god awful, and you have a terrible experience. Survival mode was a good idea, but again, the matchmaking system completely ruins it. I'm not even going to talk about Multiplayer because we all know that it has always been completely broken garbage. I have played every single CoD game (dating back to the PC exclusive original) and I can honestly say that MW3 is the worst. Expand
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    It's worth noting that this game has a single-player campaign, which many of the reviews bombing it don't seem to take into consideration. If you're interested in only the multi-player modes, then yeah, you'll probably be a bit disappointed. Still, MW3 may not reinvent the wheel, but it's far from a bad game.
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    Campain was little bit boring and predictable,as always very short and lots of popcorn acton. I didn't try the spec ops yet. Multiplayer is the beast,as always simple and incredibly entertaining. "Specialist" owns.
  73. Nov 14, 2011
    More maps, full 55" screen resolution. Weapon recycle sounds more relalistic. More weapons. Alternate Kill Streak rewards / Support. Need to decrease weapon sight illumination, I set my Eotech 577 lower. I have 3 x Mag, not sure what power game uses. I like Red Dot and Aimpoint on the same weapon as well as Remington sniper rifle. Have not gotten far enough into MP to see if its available.
  74. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 definitely doesn't rank among the top 5 FPS' that I have played, or maybe not even my top 10. But it is still worth a try. Although one has to feel slightly cheated by the $60 price tag attached to it in the steam store - A bit much don't you think. The Single Player keeps one on edge for the most part but has become stale, and dare I say, cliche.
    Spec Ops - Definitely not
    what I had expected. The trailers were a far cry from what the game play was actually like. Fast-paced, hard hitting & action packed it is not. It'll keep you entertained on a rainy day but that is about it, you won't be coming back for more very soon after a few games. The Multiplayer on the other hand has kept true to the COD feel, keeping to the dynamics of MW2, I know most won't agree that this makes it good, if not great, but this is what I've been looking for - MW2 with new guns. The flexible customization options and easy to use interface leaves you satisfied knowing that you'll be prepared for any situation, be it a steady sniper for taking out hardcore campers and tubers or an impressively strong SMG for those close quarters combat scenarios: You'll always be prepared. This appraisal, however, has not come without some critical flaws I need to mention, like the lack of a proper map rotation system, you seem to end up playing the same 3 or 4 maps over and over again, with no real option to move away from them. The Hosting in the game falls way short of expectations, even with a faster 10mb/s connection, you always seem to be teleporting off into enemy fire instead of evading it., As well as a lack of PROPER, RANKED dedicated servers, hosted by say, a major ISP instead of a player with a fast enough connection. All-In-All a good game that just needs a patch or 2 to fix those little issues which are holding it back. Expand
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    CoD seems to be stagnated on time. After the great CoD MW (2007) this game have been stuck in a loop of of copies of itself without bring anything new if not minor changes wich could simply be sold as dlc. overexpensive, graphics are outdated, storyline the same old thing and multiplayer barely changed since 2007. If you want a good multiplayer and campaign, save some money and buy Call of Duty 6 modern warfare, its better and cheaper! Expand
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in this game. Why? Because there is so little change in the game since MW2. Paying for brand new game, which isn't cheap, and this is what I get? Stupid. I'd like my money back.
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    Hatter gonna Hate, the game is much better then BF3 so far, I'm sure half the vote here do not buy the game, 6.5 millions don't lie, haha feel sorry for those who bought just for trolling.
  78. Nov 14, 2011
    Well I will start off by saying that i have been a huge fan of COD since COD4 and i have played the you know what out of every COD since then. I loved the fast game play, and i felt that back then the graphics were great. But now that bf3 has shown the community what is possible i am disgusted with mw3. They are cashing in on the COD name and putting in a minimum amount of effort to make a better game. Bf3 is better on so many levels that i could talk your ear off about it. Its sad though because there are so many idiots out there that only play console and have no idea how great Bf3 is, some of my friends didn't even know it existed until i told them. Cod needs a new engine now to compete, I diffidently will not be buying another Cod title until this happens. Expand
  79. KRU
    Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know it has so many bad reviews, it's awesome for me, i love the campaign main story, and the new things they added to the MP, so for me, it's better than MW2
  80. Nov 14, 2011
    I wasn't originally going to pick this game up. However, regardless of all the hate it's gotten, I'm fairly glad I did. The multi-player isn't much different, but it runs very nice. The graphics aren't amazing, sure. But once again, it runs smoothly. The only problem I really have with it is lack of controller support, and lack of changing FOV.
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    mdw3 es el mejor juego belico por su accion frenetica sun gran historia en cada capitulo y lo mas interesante piensa en todos sus seguidores no como btlf3 que con su gran motor grafico solo pensaba en unos cuantos de los que tuvieran un presupuesto alto para renovar la pc. o es que era un gran negocio con la compañia nvidia? bueno al fin y alcabo no me importa por que el juego era pobre en historia y en sus misiones y el que critique al gran juego mwf3 no lo juegue asi de facil pero a esos crticones les digo que mwf estar siempre por encima de btlf. larga vida para cod mwf Expand
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    I case of issuing an expansion pack as a new game. Out dated graphics and very poor multi-player. This game a a complete joke. Horrible leveling, lack of choices for game play and hard-core modes. I will never per order a game again after this turd has graced my computer. Better to wait and see the player reviews. Activision and Infinty Ward pulled a fast one on us. I was expecting and hoping for so much more, only to be disappointed. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!! Expand
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    Well I see the BF trolls reviews are in, now listen to a rational review. If you enjoy the other Modern Warfare games, you'll like this one. Sure, not a whole lot different going on, but the campaign is amazing and the game is still fun. Screw the haters, if you like COD this game is for you.
  84. Nov 14, 2011
    Well, after playing the game, I am deeply disappointed. While the game does have dedicated servers, they are hard to set up and the maximum slot count is only 18. I like to play large scale games with 32+ slot sizes. If you want a good selling game, then you should learn what you did for Call of Duty 4 and use that strategy instead. Call of Duty 4 was very well thought out game. It used local stats, public dedicated servers that allowed up to 64 slots, it has mod tools, used Punkbuster anti-cheat. This new game has none of that. That is where IW/Sledgehammer games failed.

I like Battlefield 3 a lot more because of the large scale game play and Punkbuster anti-cheat. I don't know whose idea it was to keep peer-2-peer, but, they messed up by doing that. Go back to Call of Duty 4 and do it exactly that way and then you will have a great game again.

Cheating in Modern Warfare 3 is ridiculous. Every single peer-2-peer game I went into already has some type of cheating going in. Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) does not do anything to catch them. With Punkbuster, server admins or other players can record demos of cheaters in first person mode and submit them to 3rd party anti-cheat sites like PBBans.com and get those players banned from streaming servers. In my honest opinion, this game is way off from the tradition of Call of Duty 4 and needs to be fixed immediately. Get rid of peer-to-peer and go with full dedicated servers for everything.

With that said, I hereby give Modern Warfare 3 a rating of a 3.
  85. Nov 14, 2011
    Before you read this, I'm not a troll, BF3 fanboy, whatever you want to call it. While this game delivers the action packed singleplayer, and the nice survival mode, it lacks innovation. Spec Ops is the same, multiplayer is the same. Before we talk about the PC version, first lets talk about the game on all platforms. The maps are all very similar and are pretty obvious they are based off of old maps. The guns all feel like guns we've used before, recycled sounds, etc. The only new thing to multiplayer really is the strike packages, which is just honestly a gimmick. This game has nothing new to offer, it is not worth your $60 when you can go play MW2 or Call of Duty 4. Now as for the PC version, it lacks many things that console get. We don't get doubleXP from Mountain Dew, we don't get Call of Duty Elite, and once again are we stuck to rank up with console peer-to-peer, as dedicated servers is unranked only. This shows that Activison does not care for the PC Community. Expand
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    Great continuation of the fun and competitiveness that was Modern Warfare 2. Great selection of guns and interesting killstreaks for all types of players. It's made for diehard COD gamers in all seriousness, whether you're awesome or just OK. No more camping for that uber killstreak because support killstreaks keeps it fair.

I started playing MW3 on my 32' Sony GoogleTV flatscreen and did
    terrible every game until I switched to my smaller screen to compact game space and minimize the crazy turn lag I had. I'm back to my pistol owning self so if you're using a big flatscreen, try a much smaller tv! Expand
  87. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game love the new guns/kill streaks 75 plus clan members getting there copy this weekend happy times for [AAG]. And for all the bad reviews the game is great sure some bugs here and there but future patch will clear it up.
  88. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 is exactly as I expected. More of the same. Call of Duty has officially become the Madden of first person shooters. At least there was a visual upgrade with MW1 to MW2, but the visuals are actually lower quality in this title. The only reason I bought this was to finish the story, and because the multiplayer has always been entertaining. However, the multiplayer isn't even that enjoyable. Thank you Activision for turning this series into garbage and thank you to the remnants of Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, Raven, and the other company that helped make this game whose name I can't think of. You all couldn't make a decent game even with your combined efforts. Expand
  89. Nov 14, 2011
    An amazing game. Dont listen to these idiots who clearly havn't even played the game. The single player ties both call of duty mw and mw2 together and brings it to a climatic end. It is very strong on its own and has a great background to it. The multiplayer is very different to mw & 2, however the guns are similar. The main differences the the flow of it with the maps being much better and a faster game. While the guns are similar they have made a lot of edits and put a few knew ones in. They are much fairer as now a smg can stand up to a assult rifle etc. The deicated servers not being ranked did at first piss me off, but when you think about it they have two options with it. One - WaW standard servers where the admin has full control = Rank hackers = bans. Black Ops - Little server control = people whine. The match making is much better than in MW2 as it is very fast, hosts are normally good and there is very little lag. I have both MW3 and BF3 on PC i have had all the COD's since the first and all the Battlefield's since BF2. I would say that MW3 has a lot longer playablity than BF3 does and it is much more enjoyable. Expand
  90. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I feel so cheated out of my money promised a game and all i feel is i just got ripped off not able to claim my money back and now searching for a new game on my pc as everything i seem to buy is a waste of money and no fun at all.

MW3. wow whats to say about this game that has probably not been said already i find P2P a waste of time and effort no matter what happens on my screen kill cam tells a its own story just nothing like what happend on my screen.

Dedicated servers take away the strange roll backs but still feels laggy and strange its the Game Engine and not the servers clearly i have games over 10 years old that feel less laggy and better alround game style and more responsive than this.

Leveling up in an FPS feels like a waste of time you can level up and up but still have the same issues as above and not have a very good or on the other hand a really good kill to death ratio but its not really showing the true picture all it shows is how good/bad connection you have how boring and sad you are to sit playing 12 hours a day sitting in a corner or if your just running around like a headless chicken its really easy to be unskilled and a really bad player but still do well.

Maps are poor small to many places to camp people spawn behind you constantly no reason for that its just frustrating.

I am done with FPS game now no more waiting for Diablo 3 to pass the time on till i go guild wars 2 anything else i have seen is just not worth my money.
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    I am sorry!!! I speak a little English. In my opinion Call of Duty MW3 is the best first person shooter on the world. I love MW2. MW3 is a new MW2, new map, new challenges, new kill strikes, new sound effects only old graphics!!!! I love that game so much.
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    I remember storming the beaches of Normandy five years ago in one of CoD 2â
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    I love this game it is one of the best i ever played. Mw3 has one of the beast multiplayer experiences and the new spec ops mode is cool. All in need to say is this game is An amazing game.
  94. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is great, even if the engine is still the same, and I'm talking about the multiplayer since it's what I buy it for. The main reason is because IW removed the perks that didn't make sense (stopping power, commando, whatever) and instead of getting stuck to stopping power to win, I can now enjoy the other perks fairly. Also, the game barely got any bugs. Finally, it is complete unlike Battlefield 3. That game is just broken and not worth buying, sticking to Battlefield 2 is better. I only brought it up because everybody's comparing those two. Expand
  95. Nov 14, 2011
    When it comes to graphics MW3 actually took a step back from MW2. It look like MW1.5 graphics. The fluidity of the game is great just like it was in MW2. I am happy that they reduced the damage on grenade launchers and other explosives. I really wish they would have taken out Akimbo machine pistols all together. Akimbos in this game are way too over powered. So far the maps are all small and close quartered, there are no open maps. Other than that I think the MP gameplay is pretty balanced. The Single player campaign was too short and really didn't have that AWE factor to it. I like the co-op Spec ops though! This game was initially a PC game then later became part of the console. Now they make the game for console and port it to PC. I just don't feel the love or support for the PC community anymore. They didn't give us ranked dedicated servers like RBowling stated "it will be the same as CoD4" but that was a tale. Alot of people purchased Mountain Dew so they could get XP, but that wont work for the PC version. I had Cod4, MW2 and Black Ops and prestige in all of them, but I dont get the prestige tokens like the console players get (why not just give the PC player a couple of tokens for free? It's not that hard to give us some gratitude for contributing to your cash cow. Expand
  96. Nov 14, 2011
    I have played all the Call of Duty games that came before this except console spin-offs etc. PC Gamer here! I think Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 was pretty good, solid single player. Maybe a bit short.. took me about 5.5 hours. Same formula as all the other >CODMW games, works fine for me. The multiplayer: I think it's the same as COD MW MW2 WaW and BO. Doesn't really bother me since it's solid game play. Don't change what isn't broken. However I would like ranked dedicated servers for the next Call of Duty. I honestly don't get why people here will rate anything below 5, Big Rigs Over the Road Racing anyone? I would like to thank the developers and everyone that has worked on this game! Great Job... Expand
  97. Nov 14, 2011
    Unhappy with the lack of maps (same maps as Black Ops...) and extremely unhappy about the lagginess and hacking going on in Multiplay. Seriously you havent figured out how to combat cheating yet??
    Single player was a bore. Stopped playing 1/3 of the way through. Unenchanted by the franchise. I feel I wasted my money. Pretty graphics cant sell a game anymore, you must have content!

98. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is just a repacked retweaked version of modern warfare 2 it feels like I am playing the exact same game. Infinity ward made absolutely no innovations to the COD series, and I bet that they won't next year when another calladooky comes out, it has so much hype and it so much suck's.save your money for battlefield 3 now that's a real first person shooter game.
  99. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply the best FPS ever! The most cinematic experience ever in videogames history.
    The rival BF3 could be a perfect destruction engine but the storyline is weak and boring if compared with Modern Warfare 3.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012