Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC

2.7

1. Nov 14, 2011
    An amazing game. Dont listen to these idiots who clearly havn't even played the game. The single player ties both call of duty mw and mw2 together and brings it to a climatic end. It is very strong on its own and has a great background to it. The multiplayer is very different to mw & 2, however the guns are similar. The main differences the the flow of it with the maps being much betterAn amazing game. Dont listen to these idiots who clearly havn't even played the game. The single player ties both call of duty mw and mw2 together and brings it to a climatic end. It is very strong on its own and has a great background to it. The multiplayer is very different to mw & 2, however the guns are similar. The main differences the the flow of it with the maps being much better and a faster game. While the guns are similar they have made a lot of edits and put a few knew ones in. They are much fairer as now a smg can stand up to a assult rifle etc. The deicated servers not being ranked did at first piss me off, but when you think about it they have two options with it. One - WaW standard servers where the admin has full control = Rank hackers = bans. Black Ops - Little server control = people whine. The match making is much better than in MW2 as it is very fast, hosts are normally good and there is very little lag. I have both MW3 and BF3 on PC i have had all the COD's since the first and all the Battlefield's since BF2. I would say that MW3 has a lot longer playablity than BF3 does and it is much more enjoyable. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, of course is the next iteration of a yearly franchise.
    Modern Warfare 3, of course is the next iteration of a yearly franchise.
    For what the team was trying to do, what they were trying to make of Modern Warfare 3, they did a nice job. Naturally, the engine is bit out of date, but it still produces graphics that are at least better than Half Life 1. The campaign was full of (as most reviewers say) Michael Bay action and destruction moments. Not that there's any wrong with that, though I find the AI still rather terrible, though if you compare it to the AI from Call of Duty 2, it's an improvement. It was an exciting campaign, a good continuation of the previous two games that wrapped up all the loose ends, and most of the questions.
    Now onto the multiplayer:
    Almost all of it is like the previous, more guns, more maps, reworked perks, killstreaks (which are now pointstreaks, which I'll admit, was a great idea.) Everything is as fast paced as ever, and delivers the same action that you'd expect from Call of Duty. That's good and bad, both that Call of Duty didn't innovate too much in this release, but that it didn't try to fix what wasn't broken. I think a bit of experimentation would be cool, because after a few years of the same concepts with different guns, maps, and perks, it can get old. My attention span with Call of Duty games has been declining lately, though MW3 held it longer than Black Ops did for sure.

So, in a gist:
    -Graphics: Rather outdated, but still better than Half Life 1
    -Campaign: Actiony, destruction-packed
    -AI: Bad
    -Multiplayer: Same old same old. Still no dedicated servers... wtf? (I miss CoD 2 in that regard)
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 is exactly as I expected. More of the same. Call of Duty has officially become the Madden of first person shooters. At least there was a visual upgrade with MW1 to MW2, but the visuals are actually lower quality in this title. The only reason I bought this was to finish the story, and because the multiplayer has always been entertaining. However, the multiplayer isn't even thatMW3 is exactly as I expected. More of the same. Call of Duty has officially become the Madden of first person shooters. At least there was a visual upgrade with MW1 to MW2, but the visuals are actually lower quality in this title. The only reason I bought this was to finish the story, and because the multiplayer has always been entertaining. However, the multiplayer isn't even that enjoyable. Thank you Activision for turning this series into garbage and thank you to the remnants of Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, Raven, and the other company that helped make this game whose name I can't think of. You all couldn't make a decent game even with your combined efforts. Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2011
    I have played every CoD going all the way back to the first one on PC. MW3 is by far the worst version I've ever played. The map design is atrocious. The lack of RANKED dedicated servers is unforgivable! It's very clear to me the amateurs at Sledgehammer are not CoD players at all. They took MW2 wonder map design and mutilated it. They took Black Ops awesome dedicated servers andI have played every CoD going all the way back to the first one on PC. MW3 is by far the worst version I've ever played. The map design is atrocious. The lack of RANKED dedicated servers is unforgivable! It's very clear to me the amateurs at Sledgehammer are not CoD players at all. They took MW2 wonder map design and mutilated it. They took Black Ops awesome dedicated servers and crippled them. What an absolute disappointment. My hope lies solely with Treyarch. Sledgehammer needs to be dumped by Electronic Arts ASAP! Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2011
    Great continuation of the fun and competitiveness that was Modern Warfare 2. Great selection of guns and interesting killstreaks for all types of players. It's made for diehard COD gamers in all seriousness, whether you're awesome or just OK. No more camping for that uber killstreak because support killstreaks keeps it fair.

I started playing MW3 on my 32' Sony GoogleTV flatscreen and did

I started playing MW3 on my 32' Sony GoogleTV flatscreen and did terrible every game until I switched to my smaller screen to compact game space and minimize the crazy turn lag I had. I'm back to my pistol owning self so if you're using a big flatscreen, try a much smaller tv!
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game love the new guns/kill streaks 75 plus clan members getting there copy this weekend happy times for [AAG]. And for all the bad reviews the game is great sure some bugs here and there but future patch will clear it up.
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    Absolutely no updates to engine used in MW2. They even had the balls to use the same soundclips in multiplayer, e.g. the extreme digital liger scream with double-bass drum when you level-up/unlock, "Take no prisoners!" at level start, etc. The multiplayer looks like its being processed at 1366x768 and stretched to fit your 1920x1080 screen. Same flopping chickens, same outfits, and theAbsolutely no updates to engine used in MW2. They even had the balls to use the same soundclips in multiplayer, e.g. the extreme digital liger scream with double-bass drum when you level-up/unlock, "Take no prisoners!" at level start, etc. The multiplayer looks like its being processed at 1366x768 and stretched to fit your 1920x1080 screen. Same flopping chickens, same outfits, and the effing riot shield is still in the game. Why? Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    Before you read this, I'm not a troll, BF3 fanboy, whatever you want to call it. While this game delivers the action packed singleplayer, and the nice survival mode, it lacks innovation. Spec Ops is the same, multiplayer is the same. Before we talk about the PC version, first lets talk about the game on all platforms. The maps are all very similar and are pretty obvious they are based offBefore you read this, I'm not a troll, BF3 fanboy, whatever you want to call it. While this game delivers the action packed singleplayer, and the nice survival mode, it lacks innovation. Spec Ops is the same, multiplayer is the same. Before we talk about the PC version, first lets talk about the game on all platforms. The maps are all very similar and are pretty obvious they are based off of old maps. The guns all feel like guns we've used before, recycled sounds, etc. The only new thing to multiplayer really is the strike packages, which is just honestly a gimmick. This game has nothing new to offer, it is not worth your $60 when you can go play MW2 or Call of Duty 4. Now as for the PC version, it lacks many things that console get. We don't get doubleXP from Mountain Dew, we don't get Call of Duty Elite, and once again are we stuck to rank up with console peer-to-peer, as dedicated servers is unranked only. This shows that Activison does not care for the PC Community. Expand
  9. Nov 14, 2011
    Don't let all the reviews tell you the game is bad I have played every cod and this one is great just like cod4 gun on gun fights and mw2 kill streaks(new ones also). The people who give the negative rate more then likely are bad at the game or there pc is stone aged.COD MW3 is great!!!
  10. Nov 14, 2011
    This game deserves nothing less than a 0/10. i bought this game at midnight release, and I got tired of playing it after 2 days. This game should've been called Modern Warfare 2.5, this game is just a map pack and a game patch. The game is not near different enough to be worth $60. Black ops was more different from MW2 than this crap was. EVERYTHING is the exact same! the userThis game deserves nothing less than a 0/10. i bought this game at midnight release, and I got tired of playing it after 2 days. This game should've been called Modern Warfare 2.5, this game is just a map pack and a game patch. The game is not near different enough to be worth $60. Black ops was more different from MW2 than this crap was. EVERYTHING is the exact same! the user interface is the same, even the fonts of the words are the same! (screams copy and paste!) Activision is ripping off all of their customers. After I told myself that this was the worst $60 I've ever spent, I went and made the decision to buy Battlefield 3. That game is awesome!!!! The developers of BF3 put sooooo much more effort into that game compared to MW3. BF3 actually feels like a new game to me! Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2011
    Well, after playing the game, I am deeply disappointed. While the game does have dedicated servers, they are hard to set up and the maximum slot count is only 18. I like to play large scale games with 32+ slot sizes. If you want a good selling game, then you should learn what you did for Call of Duty 4 and use that strategy instead. Call of Duty 4 was very well thought out game. It usedWell, after playing the game, I am deeply disappointed. While the game does have dedicated servers, they are hard to set up and the maximum slot count is only 18. I like to play large scale games with 32+ slot sizes. If you want a good selling game, then you should learn what you did for Call of Duty 4 and use that strategy instead. Call of Duty 4 was very well thought out game. It used local stats, public dedicated servers that allowed up to 64 slots, it has mod tools, used Punkbuster anti-cheat. This new game has none of that. That is where IW/Sledgehammer games failed.

I like Battlefield 3 a lot more because of the large scale game play and Punkbuster anti-cheat. I don't know whose idea it was to keep peer-2-peer, but, they messed up by doing that. Go back to Call of Duty 4 and do it exactly that way and then you will have a great game again.

Cheating in Modern Warfare 3 is ridiculous. Every single peer-2-peer game I went into already has some type of cheating going in. Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) does not do anything to catch them. With Punkbuster, server admins or other players can record demos of cheaters in first person mode and submit them to 3rd party anti-cheat sites like PBBans.com and get those players banned from streaming servers. In my honest opinion, this game is way off from the tradition of Call of Duty 4 and needs to be fixed immediately. Get rid of peer-to-peer and go with full dedicated servers for everything.

With that said, I hereby give Modern Warfare 3 a rating of a 3.
  12. Nov 14, 2011
    OK I've played CoD since CoD 2. I've played and enjoyed the Bf series as well and enjoy them both. now for my review...

OK, Activision. I didn't **** spend my earned cash for my i7 2600k dual GTX580 16GIG RAM machine for no god damn rehashed **** with a price of $60. SIXTY! This is a 2011 game, again, 2011!!! In this day and age of graphical technology, this game is an embarrassing erectile dysfunction compared to other releases. From the trailer, to the second I booted this 14GB hunk of fecal mold, I expected innovation, graphically utilizing visuals and balance in your multiplayer. what we get!? The complete opposite. Full of copy-pasta and FAIL. Let alone your graphics are still **** when you max out this game, even in my 1920 x 1200 res. you missed a ton of things black ops had but what's worse is your ability to copy everything! You even left out a ton of title and emblems in the barracks from MW2! The guns sound like airsoft AEGs from Walmart, the hit detection make my eyes roll back and make me foam in the mouth. BUT the most up-F*cked thing of this MW release are the MAPS. Tight corner, camp friendly, spawn kill inducing maps. I don't have one map that I really like here. Regardless of what game mode your playing, YOU'RE PLAYING FFA... Sniping? you're F*cked... no real sniping maps.The story is fun but linear and makes me want to fly past every mission without enjoying it. Then again, the multiplayer is what hooks people. But now it seems the only people who are stupid enough to defend this game are prepubescent kids. Now the MW series and possibly CoD series is dead. NOT worth the money. NOT trolling the fanbase. No Bullsh*t. I've been tricked and hype-f*cked by IW. It's worse for us Steam users who can't get refunds for this garbage, so rejoice console players.
  13. Nov 14, 2011
    If you put mw2 and mw3 side by side, you would not be able to tell the difference. Its still just the same recycled game that came out in 2007. Graphics are very dated, this does not look like a 2011 game. Multilayer is nothing new, get a few kills then call in an airstrike and boom you're done. Single player is a laugh, I don't even want to talk about it. If you are on the fence aboutIf you put mw2 and mw3 side by side, you would not be able to tell the difference. Its still just the same recycled game that came out in 2007. Graphics are very dated, this does not look like a 2011 game. Multilayer is nothing new, get a few kills then call in an airstrike and boom you're done. Single player is a laugh, I don't even want to talk about it. If you are on the fence about getting this game, don't bother, waste of time and money. Expand
  14. Nov 14, 2011
    It is BEST singleplayer FPS in world. Deal with it. Even BF3 failed in singleplayer campaign. Maybe there is nothing new, and it is weaker than Black Ops which shows us how to make psycological thriller ride on a roller coaster, but it's still the best. Just pure CoD ride. Every singleplayer level has more to offer than half of BF3' campaign. Put in some good coop experience and still bestIt is BEST singleplayer FPS in world. Deal with it. Even BF3 failed in singleplayer campaign. Maybe there is nothing new, and it is weaker than Black Ops which shows us how to make psycological thriller ride on a roller coaster, but it's still the best. Just pure CoD ride. Every singleplayer level has more to offer than half of BF3' campaign. Put in some good coop experience and still best firefights in industry in multiplayer. Once again: deal with it. Technically old and no new innovations, but as a game at a whole and in complex MW3 is the best shooter ever. No one could achieve these today - make a game whole at these degree. From a start to the end, from a design to the pace. IW do what they can do best. But next time they better do it brand new way. Expand
  15. Nov 14, 2011
    This is the best expansion pack I've ever purchased. I was so glad when Activision decided to break the mold and start releasing expansion packs just like everybody used to do back in the day. Sure it's a little expensive (60 dollars), but just wait a year and that'll go down in price about 10 dollars when the next expansion pack comes out.
  16. Nov 14, 2011
    I'll be honest. Not a fan - feels more like MW2.5 - 60$ for 16 new maps. CoDElite - I'll never buy - seems more and more like a money grab. I honestly knew the game wasn't going to be new and exciting but I still feel duped for some reason. Few new guns and a bouncing betty. MW2.5 - I'm wishing I would have gotten BF3 - I still may go grab that.
  17. Nov 14, 2011
    I case of issuing an expansion pack as a new game. Out dated graphics and very poor multi-player. This game a a complete joke. Horrible leveling, lack of choices for game play and hard-core modes. I will never per order a game again after this turd has graced my computer. Better to wait and see the player reviews. Activision and Infinty Ward pulled a fast one on us. I was expecting andI case of issuing an expansion pack as a new game. Out dated graphics and very poor multi-player. This game a a complete joke. Horrible leveling, lack of choices for game play and hard-core modes. I will never per order a game again after this turd has graced my computer. Better to wait and see the player reviews. Activision and Infinty Ward pulled a fast one on us. I was expecting and hoping for so much more, only to be disappointed. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!! Expand
  18. Nov 14, 2011
    Well I see the BF trolls reviews are in, now listen to a rational review. If you enjoy the other Modern Warfare games, you'll like this one. Sure, not a whole lot different going on, but the campaign is amazing and the game is still fun. Screw the haters, if you like COD this game is for you.
  19. Nov 14, 2011
    mdw3 es el mejor juego belico por su accion frenetica sun gran historia en cada capitulo y lo mas interesante piensa en todos sus seguidores no como btlf3 que con su gran motor grafico solo pensaba en unos cuantos de los que tuvieran un presupuesto alto para renovar la pc. o es que era un gran negocio con la compañia nvidia? bueno al fin y alcabo no me importa por que elmdw3 es el mejor juego belico por su accion frenetica sun gran historia en cada capitulo y lo mas interesante piensa en todos sus seguidores no como btlf3 que con su gran motor grafico solo pensaba en unos cuantos de los que tuvieran un presupuesto alto para renovar la pc. o es que era un gran negocio con la compañia nvidia? bueno al fin y alcabo no me importa por que el juego era pobre en historia y en sus misiones y el que critique al gran juego mwf3 no lo juegue asi de facil pero a esos crticones les digo que mwf estar siempre por encima de btlf. larga vida para cod mwf Expand
  20. Nov 14, 2011
    The main reason I am giving this game a bad score is because it is identical to the last COD's. I was a huge MW1 fan. I still am. This game is a replica of that and not much has changed. There is nothing to keep my interest. I was a huge MW fan and still have a place in my heart for it, but I want something different. Something new. This new game has not given it to me. TheThe main reason I am giving this game a bad score is because it is identical to the last COD's. I was a huge MW1 fan. I still am. This game is a replica of that and not much has changed. There is nothing to keep my interest. I was a huge MW fan and still have a place in my heart for it, but I want something different. Something new. This new game has not given it to me. The graphics have not changed, the game play has not changed.... its all the same damn thing just a different title. I have stopped playing the COD games all together and have moved on to Battlefield. I feel as if the game is now just becoming a money maker instead of trying to satisfy their consumers. I am extremely disappointed in this MW. Expand
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    I wasn't originally going to pick this game up. However, regardless of all the hate it's gotten, I'm fairly glad I did. The multi-player isn't much different, but it runs very nice. The graphics aren't amazing, sure. But once again, it runs smoothly. The only problem I really have with it is lack of controller support, and lack of changing FOV.
  22. Nov 14, 2011
    Seriously I am so bored! I thought that the commercials for this game gave it justice. I was wrong. like everyone prior to my post said, its sadly disappointing. Yes, the storyline is what drew me in and same with the multiplayer. Unfortunately for me I went from Battlefield 3 to this rubbish. It appears that all Activision hopes for is big sales while keeping the same crappy game engineSeriously I am so bored! I thought that the commercials for this game gave it justice. I was wrong. like everyone prior to my post said, its sadly disappointing. Yes, the storyline is what drew me in and same with the multiplayer. Unfortunately for me I went from Battlefield 3 to this rubbish. It appears that all Activision hopes for is big sales while keeping the same crappy game engine and recycle decals and worlds. That gets old very fast. In this industry you NEED to stay on top and innovate. Recycling isnt pleasing us gamers. Also, Sledgehammer founder can seriously go *%$&% himself for asking supporters of the genre to vote "honestly" about this game. Um...duh we are!!! Your losing your supporters with craptastic games like this. Battlefield 3 story sucks but at least the multiplayer is how do you say? Epic, awesome, completely relevent and absolutely beautiful. Makes MW3 in all aspects look like something that will be in abundance at gamestops in two weeks in the used games section. Expand
  23. Nov 14, 2011
    This is Modern warfare 2 expansion pack for 60$. Single player campaign is ok. Multiplayer sucks. NO dedicated ranked server so Matchmaking sucks. Robert bowling is liar and i don't know how can anyone sleeps at night with all those lies. He is shameless, COD is dead. DO not buy this crap. Better support Indie games or MMORPG. Stay away from this piece of poop.
  24. Nov 14, 2011
    I have followed Call of Duty since the first release and I have to say this is the most mediocre release yet. Same is the word used to describe MW3. Same tired game, same tired graphics (in fact graphics in MW2 were better). I think that the game should have been sold as DLC instead of a stand alone. The single player, which usually the best feature of the package is ludicrously easy.I have followed Call of Duty since the first release and I have to say this is the most mediocre release yet. Same is the word used to describe MW3. Same tired game, same tired graphics (in fact graphics in MW2 were better). I think that the game should have been sold as DLC instead of a stand alone. The single player, which usually the best feature of the package is ludicrously easy. It is not worth all the hype. Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2011
    This is the best Call of Duty game to date, surprisingly great multiplayer, fantastic story, and Spec Ops is great too (although I have not tried coop yet).
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    It seems this company doesn't truely care at what we think as having non-ranked dedicated servers is just complete failure on there part. The game is pretty much just a re-skin of mw2 but **** The guns in mw2 handled better. My only suggestion is that they should of made it so the ranked was privately hosted instead of running off someone else's terrible internet. I have a huge problemIt seems this company doesn't truely care at what we think as having non-ranked dedicated servers is just complete failure on there part. The game is pretty much just a re-skin of mw2 but **** The guns in mw2 handled better. My only suggestion is that they should of made it so the ranked was privately hosted instead of running off someone else's terrible internet. I have a huge problem with this as I live in the middle of no where and get nothing but lag on anyone's connection. Atleast with my dedicated server I get a ping of around 60-100. This game is not innovative in the least bit. I give this a 3 and thats only because I can atleast enjoy TWL on a dedicated server which is the only reason I will play this game. Please release an RCON for dedicated servers would help!!! Expand
  27. Nov 14, 2011
    The game brings nothing new to the table. It could be a MW2 DLC pack with new sounds, maps and a gamemode. - At least for the online players. I mainly got this game for the spec ops. I loved it in MW2, perfect co-op that even beats the co-op BF3 has implemented in it. But this time it wasn't the case. Let me just say I was disappointed, and that's being quite polite. They created moreThe game brings nothing new to the table. It could be a MW2 DLC pack with new sounds, maps and a gamemode. - At least for the online players. I mainly got this game for the spec ops. I loved it in MW2, perfect co-op that even beats the co-op BF3 has implemented in it. But this time it wasn't the case. Let me just say I was disappointed, and that's being quite polite. They created more missions, a few of them on the side of a chopper like in old games where the game controls when you walk yourself to the point where new enemies get up and you have to shoot them. There was no nice missions like the ones in MW2 where you had to survive waves of enemies, and nothing as epic as the stealth missions they brought us in MW2.
    It surely feels like Modern Warfare 2, and you can feel the engine aging too. All that is new is the sounds and maps, so I feel like I've been paying full price for a map and weapon sound pack DLC, and saying this we all know how Call of Duty has overpriced their product to $10 more than any competing games. The game is for those who just want more of the old MW2 and play multiplayer with tubes and rushing in small maps - and that must be quite a lot judging by the sale numbers, was it 6.1 or 6.7 million copies on launch? That's amazing. I hope I wasn't the only disappointed within these people. I haven't completed the Singleplayer yet, but from what I've played it was quite.. boring. Also I feel that either the critics have been paid or they never played the old MW2 and MW1, or surely just likes to favor new game releases. Because the reviews they made gets this game a 81 out of 100 score on this reviews date, which is surely seen by us users to be lower.
  28. Nov 14, 2011
    I bought this game for improved MW2 multiplayer, however I found that:
    a) maps are too small comparing to MW2 and are too "connected". This bloodbath is quickly getting bored without some big maps for sniping or long range relief.
    I bought this game for improved MW2 multiplayer, however I found that:
    b) they introduced lag compensation which sucks monkey balls! If you have 5 bars connection, and you are host - you are screwed because of the some kind prediction game engine is doing for bad connection players. To play this game you need to run torrents in the background!
    c) shotguns were nerfed beyond recognition. They added so much recoil to them so it just make sense to use knife instead. In overall this is not improvement, it is more like reduction of MW2 multiplayer fun.
  29. Nov 14, 2011
    Total over hyped trash, same game different year. Save yourself $60 and play the Call of Duty game you already have! This game should just be sold as a MW2 expansion pack. The game literally reuses textures and models from past CoD games, including CoD4.
  30. Nov 14, 2011
    Una gran Burla .mas de lo mismo .y mala calidad .tanta fanfarria y despues largan esta basura .....en la version PC ni siquiera tiene soporte para el manspo windows wireless xbox 360.una gran estafa a escala mundial.lamentable.al lado del Battlefield 3 no tiene nada que hacer.poco tiempo de juego en el modo campaña y casi imposible jugar en linea sin tener grandesUna gran Burla .mas de lo mismo .y mala calidad .tanta fanfarria y despues largan esta basura .....en la version PC ni siquiera tiene soporte para el manspo windows wireless xbox 360.una gran estafa a escala mundial.lamentable.al lado del Battlefield 3 no tiene nada que hacer.poco tiempo de juego en el modo campaña y casi imposible jugar en linea sin tener grandes problemas.despues del MW2 tendrian que haber cerrado la persiana y no seguir estafando a la gente .mi recomendacion es no compren este juego . compren otro juego .ahora si les agrada un puño dentro de su culo ,vayan a por el Expand
  31. Nov 14, 2011
    Call of Duty franchise ended with Call of Duty 4. It was the best and last COD and the franchise should've ended there. But "No!", says the man in Activision. "We must milk this till the very end", he says. The result couldn't have been more obvious than it is: an overhyped game, with dated mechanics and visuals, more-of-the-same-crap-every-damn-year **** I'm not some Battlefield fanboy orCall of Duty franchise ended with Call of Duty 4. It was the best and last COD and the franchise should've ended there. But "No!", says the man in Activision. "We must milk this till the very end", he says. The result couldn't have been more obvious than it is: an overhyped game, with dated mechanics and visuals, more-of-the-same-crap-every-damn-year **** I'm not some Battlefield fanboy or COD-hater out there. Actually, I spent more time playing Call of Duty (in its golden years) than Battlefield now, so I KNOW what I'm talking about. Activision, THANK YOU for ruining such an awesome franchise. Expand
  32. Nov 14, 2011
    As a Avid fan of the Call of duty franchise i must say i am fairly let down with the latest release of MW3. You say you listened to the fan base and on some fronts yes i would say you did but on others you did not. And those area's you didn't really can make and break the game. First and foremost I am a PC gamer i started playing the franchise on PC and i always will. But i feel you areAs a Avid fan of the Call of duty franchise i must say i am fairly let down with the latest release of MW3. You say you listened to the fan base and on some fronts yes i would say you did but on others you did not. And those area's you didn't really can make and break the game. First and foremost I am a PC gamer i started playing the franchise on PC and i always will. But i feel you are pushing us aside and not doing us justice. WE are the players that have the best hardware etc and the graphics are well as they say so yesterday. You have little to no abilities to edit the PC graphics to a point where if you have a high end system that you can get the best out of the game. everything is locked. Max frames ( max fps ) etc. i believe this is due to the fact that now instead of building for pc first then porting to 360 etc you build it for the lesser hardware system in this case consoles then try to port it to the PC at the last minute. Ill give it to you in the fact you did break the pc version like black ops did when they ported the game to PC. But at least we had the ability to adjust things like FOV, Max fps, Max packets ETC. These things i can overlook but the single most important thing i cannot.

Servers. in reality you guys have none. Sure you say you do and they are there and you can join them But whats the point of a server if it is non ranked. The point of servers is to essentially provide a medium for players to where they can go and play the game with other people in a non or little lag environment. i do like the party system but it isn't a big deal honestly. day 2 there were already hackers playing the game and without servers you cannot ban them from your server. all you can do is simply report them and wait for them to get banned if they ever do. in the mean time they wreck your experience for days if not weeks on end. With ranked servers players can join game modes ( tdm,dom,ffa) etc with subsets of rules or none at all and know that 1 they are joining a server close to them thus reducing the chance of lag 2 joining a relativity hackless environment because the server admins who run those servers just ban hackers when they see them thus neutralizing the issue and 3 they are joining a server / game mode within the game mode that they wish to play.

Instead of just porting the game from 360/ps3 to PC look at the past games and take the good build on that and take the bad remove it and build on it as well. The lack of non ranked dedicated servers is probably one of the main reason PC players are unhappy. Next to that it is the graphics or lack of them. We as PC players Demand a higher Caliber of game standards that YOU as a company lacked to give us. Most PC players think this is just mw2.5 with less graphics and more lag issues. If you say you really listen to the people Listen to some of the core points i am posting about they are essentially what is bringing your game down. ill review perhaps the key points
    1) No servers or lack of Primary Ranked Servers ( such as the ones that are loved in black ops )
    2) Lack there of graphics and graphical tweaking
    3)Lack of a way to deal with hackers.
    4)The feeling we are getting the metaphorical shaft when it comes to a PC game. Stop porting you games from console to PC instead design it from ground floor up with PC as the key factor then port it down to the lesser hardware systems aka CONSOLES. You will make more money in the end that way as more PC players will buy the game and if the game is as good as the rest in the good respects the Console players won't even know the difference. Sincerely Angry but happy gamer MrNuck
  33. Nov 14, 2011
    Call of duty Modern Warefare DLC that is a normal video game price, with an optional 4X£10 map packs that fragment the game community over regurgitated tripe.

The franchise is dead, it hasn't progressed, or improved, an old shooter now forgot.
  34. Nov 14, 2011
    This is essentially CoD Black Ops with a different storyline. It plays smooth and the single player experience goes from one "over the top" moment to another. However, that is pretty much all it has going for it. Gaming atmosphere is ok. Story is pretty bad. Graphics are average and pretty bad in comparison to BF3. Not sure how the magazines are doing their reviews if they don't see that.This is essentially CoD Black Ops with a different storyline. It plays smooth and the single player experience goes from one "over the top" moment to another. However, that is pretty much all it has going for it. Gaming atmosphere is ok. Story is pretty bad. Graphics are average and pretty bad in comparison to BF3. Not sure how the magazines are doing their reviews if they don't see that. On the technical side MW3 is far behind BF3. I especially like BF3's environment damage, but they also make good use of elements like smoke and light to add new tactical options.
    Multiplayer has turned into a circus for players not meeting the age requirement of MW3.
  35. Nov 14, 2011
    Años rompiendo record en ventas, record en ganacias, la formula CODMW es buena y hay que sacarle provecho, pero ya a esta altura los usuarios nos mereciamos por lo menos un motor grafico nuevo, me parece una burla lo que hicieron. El MW3 es el DLC mas caro del Modern Warfare 2. Darle un poco mas de brillo a lo que existia no es mejorar el motor grafico. Sean honestos con suAños rompiendo record en ventas, record en ganacias, la formula CODMW es buena y hay que sacarle provecho, pero ya a esta altura los usuarios nos mereciamos por lo menos un motor grafico nuevo, me parece una burla lo que hicieron. El MW3 es el DLC mas caro del Modern Warfare 2. Darle un poco mas de brillo a lo que existia no es mejorar el motor grafico. Sean honestos con su publico y entreguen algo digno. Expand
  36. Nov 14, 2011
    Eh! Next map pack to modern warfare. When Activision will see that a people are not stupid. i hope next call of duty will be make on new engine and better graphic. But now, this series ended on a Modern Warfare for me
  37. Nov 14, 2011
    Sorry. but this is DLC to MW2 in cost of full game. Try doing something new. And stop just making game for cash. And Mr. Glen Schofield next time don't write on twitter to give better Reviews on this site. So sad :)
  38. Nov 14, 2011
    Dire game. Just a £40 map pack of MW2. Graphics aren't impressive then again that doesn't surprise much. BF3 in comparison is far better. Granted it does use origin but gameplay wise it's a different game that's improve upon it's predecessor. This hasn't. Given the fact the MP is the same as MW2, if you must play the SP, just torrent the game. Save your money becauseDire game. Just a £40 map pack of MW2. Graphics aren't impressive then again that doesn't surprise much. BF3 in comparison is far better. Granted it does use origin but gameplay wise it's a different game that's improve upon it's predecessor. This hasn't. Given the fact the MP is the same as MW2, if you must play the SP, just torrent the game. Save your money because Activision doesn't deserve it what so ever. Expand
  39. Nov 14, 2011
    The first CoD: Modern Warfare was a great game, all the others are just really expensive map packs. There's absolutely no innovation, that's the sad truth; Activision destroyed this franchise. Don't ever waste your money on it.
  40. Nov 14, 2011
    Gra beznadziejna nie opÅ
  41. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm enjoying playing the game, purchased it on both PC and XBox360, Not much of an improvement on MW2 to be honest but I enjoyed that game too. Being red/green colour deficient it is great to have the colour Blind Assist mode. Overall it is great fun but I doubt I'll pay for all the map packs that will undoubtably follow as it does take the P!55 a bit LOL
  42. Nov 14, 2011
    Congratulations Infinity Ward, you have managed to take all of the content from Modern Warfare 2, dump it inside a new game, add a few features and sell it back for full price. Once again you have managed to excessively excite the gaming community for a broken product. You had not bothered to change the clearly unstable hosted servers, in which prospers a large community of hackers, theCongratulations Infinity Ward, you have managed to take all of the content from Modern Warfare 2, dump it inside a new game, add a few features and sell it back for full price. Once again you have managed to excessively excite the gaming community for a broken product. You had not bothered to change the clearly unstable hosted servers, in which prospers a large community of hackers, the outdated graphics, and the so-called anti-cheating software. Next time a Call Of Duty game comes out, I recommend downloading it from the Internet, as it clearly doesn't worth a fraction of it's assigned price. Expand
  43. Nov 14, 2011
    Well I will start off by saying that i have been a huge fan of COD since COD4 and i have played the you know what out of every COD since then. I loved the fast game play, and i felt that back then the graphics were great. But now that bf3 has shown the community what is possible i am disgusted with mw3. They are cashing in on the COD name and putting in a minimum amount of effort toWell I will start off by saying that i have been a huge fan of COD since COD4 and i have played the you know what out of every COD since then. I loved the fast game play, and i felt that back then the graphics were great. But now that bf3 has shown the community what is possible i am disgusted with mw3. They are cashing in on the COD name and putting in a minimum amount of effort to make a better game. Bf3 is better on so many levels that i could talk your ear off about it. Its sad though because there are so many idiots out there that only play console and have no idea how great Bf3 is, some of my friends didn't even know it existed until i told them. Cod needs a new engine now to compete, I diffidently will not be buying another Cod title until this happens. Expand
  44. KRU
    Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know it has so many bad reviews, it's awesome for me, i love the campaign main story, and the new things they added to the MP, so for me, it's better than MW2
  45. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in this game. Why? Because there is so little change in the game since MW2. Paying for brand new game, which isn't cheap, and this is what I get? Stupid. I'd like my money back.
  46. Nov 14, 2011
    Hatter gonna Hate, the game is much better then BF3 so far, I'm sure half the vote here do not buy the game, 6.5 millions don't lie, haha feel sorry for those who bought just for trolling.
  47. Nov 14, 2011
    CoD seems to be stagnated on time. After the great CoD MW (2007) this game have been stuck in a loop of of copies of itself without bring anything new if not minor changes wich could simply be sold as dlc. overexpensive, graphics are outdated, storyline the same old thing and multiplayer barely changed since 2007. If you want a good multiplayer and campaign, save some money and buy Call ofCoD seems to be stagnated on time. After the great CoD MW (2007) this game have been stuck in a loop of of copies of itself without bring anything new if not minor changes wich could simply be sold as dlc. overexpensive, graphics are outdated, storyline the same old thing and multiplayer barely changed since 2007. If you want a good multiplayer and campaign, save some money and buy Call of Duty 6 modern warfare, its better and cheaper! Expand
  48. Nov 14, 2011
    I love most things about the game.
    The Graphics are all right, and I don't mind that it's not state of the art, as I'm over the stage where I want to upgrade my PC every year and just have a old cheap one.
    I love the way they've made the different strike packages 'different' so you can play the way YOU want to play. Run n' gun, support you mate's or play offensive. The sound of the guns
    I love most things about the game.
    The sound of the guns is also very good.
    The whole RPG'esque upgrade system is also quite satisfying, for an old Diablo gamer here :)
    The new game mode 'Kill confirmed' has a great dynamic feel to it. People naturally group together to make sure the other team won't get the score when their mate dies.

The story mode doesn't do much for me. It's a little boring.
    Survival's great fun.

I give this 9/10 as I love the game as it is. I CAN understand that if you've bought and played the first ones, there's just not enough new stuff, though.
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 definitely doesn't rank among the top 5 FPS' that I have played, or maybe not even my top 10. But it is still worth a try. Although one has to feel slightly cheated by the $60 price tag attached to it in the steam store - A bit much don't you think. The Single Player keeps one on edge for the most part but has become stale, and dare I say, cliche.
    Spec Ops - Definitely not
    Spec Ops - Definitely not what I had expected. The trailers were a far cry from what the game play was actually like. Fast-paced, hard hitting & action packed it is not. It'll keep you entertained on a rainy day but that is about it, you won't be coming back for more very soon after a few games. The Multiplayer on the other hand has kept true to the COD feel, keeping to the dynamics of MW2, I know most won't agree that this makes it good, if not great, but this is what I've been looking for - MW2 with new guns. The flexible customization options and easy to use interface leaves you satisfied knowing that you'll be prepared for any situation, be it a steady sniper for taking out hardcore campers and tubers or an impressively strong SMG for those close quarters combat scenarios: You'll always be prepared. This appraisal, however, has not come without some critical flaws I need to mention, like the lack of a proper map rotation system, you seem to end up playing the same 3 or 4 maps over and over again, with no real option to move away from them. The Hosting in the game falls way short of expectations, even with a faster 10mb/s connection, you always seem to be teleporting off into enemy fire instead of evading it., As well as a lack of PROPER, RANKED dedicated servers, hosted by say, a major ISP instead of a player with a fast enough connection. All-In-All a good game that just needs a patch or 2 to fix those little issues which are holding it back.
  50. Nov 14, 2011
    I made an account, just so i can submit a review for this terrible game.
    all this is, is a MW2 expansion pack... SAME exact thing as MW2, just new story and multiplayer maps...

Can they get any more original? at least they tried making a new game after CoD4, with MW2.. but this is just lazy..
  51. Nov 14, 2011
    IW/ Activation really need to read and listen. I cant be bothered to go over the same negative's that have been mentioned time and time again.
    COD should cater online competitive play, regardless of the platform, a patch designed to iron out these can be EASILY made.
  52. Nov 14, 2011
    I used to be fan of COD since COD2. But I am sorry enough is enough! This game is just same ol same! I may as well play MW2 and have exact same experience! Save your money and don't buy this game or you will be sorry as I am. P.S.
    It's looks like we are back in to 2007. Graphics are horrible for 2011!!!!!
  53. Nov 14, 2011
    I think the overall comments presented are indicative of what I also feel -- rehash of Modern Warfare 2 AND reusing so much of MW2's assets. In fact, it's no where near as good as MW2 with it's extremely small maps (and thus spawn issues) and P2P crap.

It's really vexing that they resell the same game with slight modifications -- and THEN -- have the AUDACITY to price it at FULL price.
  54. Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't buy this game because of all the negative user reviews it was getting, but decided to give it a try at a friends house over the weekend. Having not played a COD since MW2, I was expecting a lot more. Originality seems to have been completely lost in this series and hopefully we don't have to suffer next year with another abomination like this. Chances are though, the 12-16 y/o'sI didn't buy this game because of all the negative user reviews it was getting, but decided to give it a try at a friends house over the weekend. Having not played a COD since MW2, I was expecting a lot more. Originality seems to have been completely lost in this series and hopefully we don't have to suffer next year with another abomination like this. Chances are though, the 12-16 y/o's will beg mommy and daddy to get this game for them, further supporting what has become the worst franchise in gaming, IMO. This game deserves nothing more than a big fat 0. Expand
  55. Nov 14, 2011
    More maps, full 55" screen resolution. Weapon recycle sounds more relalistic. More weapons. Alternate Kill Streak rewards / Support. Need to decrease weapon sight illumination, I set my Eotech 577 lower. I have 3 x Mag, not sure what power game uses. I like Red Dot and Aimpoint on the same weapon as well as Remington sniper rifle. Have not gotten far enough into MP to see if its available.
  56. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a piece of s**t made for console kids who want to make a 50 killstreak. In PC is even worse than consoles because you can't change anything, we have no servers, etc. DON'T BUY it Expand
  57. Nov 14, 2011
    This series is a joke among the PC community. They can only compete based off of people's ignorance. It's the same game every time with a different skin. Excuse me while I go play Battlefield 3.
  58. Nov 14, 2011
    Campain was little bit boring and predictable,as always very short and lots of popcorn acton. I didn't try the spec ops yet. Multiplayer is the beast,as always simple and incredibly entertaining. "Specialist" owns.
  59. Nov 14, 2011
    It's worth noting that this game has a single-player campaign, which many of the reviews bombing it don't seem to take into consideration. If you're interested in only the multi-player modes, then yeah, you'll probably be a bit disappointed. Still, MW3 may not reinvent the wheel, but it's far from a bad game.
  60. Nov 14, 2011
    This game deserve a medal, i really love that game, it's same as MW2, and that's why it's a very good game, i loved MW2.
    You can say that this is "MW2.5" but i believe that this game is better than BF3, and i'm not alone.
  61. Nov 14, 2011
    Don't do it...it's just a copy and paste of the past two games. Same engine, same graphics, same everything with some new perks, skins, maps, and one-time-thrill single player. Not worth your money. Dang it Activision...highway robbery again.
  62. Nov 14, 2011
    This is a map pack for MW2 being sold as a full priced game. This has become an utter disgrace as Activision release the same garbage year after year - please do not buy it, let this blight on gaming die!
  63. Nov 14, 2011
    Really you wwant to **** about the reviews than do a better JOB. UNfu*king believable hacking already, **** servers, rehashed maps from previous games the list goes on and on and you know they will have some $20 add on in 3 months. Hey activision trying making a game thats fair for everybody or is that TTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to ask.
  64. Nov 14, 2011
    Oh, hey, a new MW. I'm sure after Black Ops, they'll have dedicated serv- wait, unranked dedicated only? Hmmm. Well then, maybe a new graphics engi- no, the same one? Probably will ditch IWnet in favo- no, still IWnet? This game is basically a 60 dollar map pack for MW2. Now, excuse me, I'll be playing Minecraft official release, Skyrim, and BF3.
  65. Nov 14, 2011
    This game sucks and activision knows it. Gave it a 0 because it is obvious activision employees are trying to boost the critic score, this POS needs to go.
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not going to comment on the SP, I mainly play online. I would say MW3 is much less fluid the cod4 possibly because the only ranked servers are p2p, the unranked dedicated servers may be better. I think it's realy a shame that 4-5 year old games like Crysis look way better graphics wise. I suspect hackers will become rampant like they are on MW2(I have experienced them already), atI'm not going to comment on the SP, I mainly play online. I would say MW3 is much less fluid the cod4 possibly because the only ranked servers are p2p, the unranked dedicated servers may be better. I think it's realy a shame that 4-5 year old games like Crysis look way better graphics wise. I suspect hackers will become rampant like they are on MW2(I have experienced them already), at least on the undedicated ranked servers. If IW/Activion alowed dedicated ranked servers I think the game could improve immensely. Overall I would have much prefered a reskinned/new maps cod4, and I wouldn't have minded paying $60 for that. Expand
  67. Nov 14, 2011
    This is just a map pack for call of duty mw2. Would you pay $60 for a map pack? All they did was change the 2 to a 3. I would have given it a five but after reading about how they were trying to boost metacritic scores I needed to bring the score down to where it belongs.
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    Seriously don't be a sheep and just blindly buy this game because it only motivate the publishers or creators to milk the game even more then it already. This game is practically a big map pack from MW2 and most of the building were reused
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know what's up with all the haters, but looks like the Black Ops baddies don't like the better game in the series. Unlike Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 started up without extreme stuttering or other major issues. The gameplay was smooth and there were no game breaking problems, no crashes, etc.

People also compare the differences between MW2 and MW2 on one side and BF2 and BF3 on the other. Of course there are going to be big differences between BF2 and BF3. There has been quite some time between them. The difference between both Modern Warfare games is 2 years. Single Player:
    The campaign was interesting and I liked it. I liked the entire storyline of the whole Modern Warfare series. People seem to forget that four of the games in the series were about the same thing: WW II. Modern Warfare started a whole new story and it seems like it reaches it's end after this part. The whole story is rounded up now (not gonna give any spoilers ^^). I don't know about 4 hours to finish the game, maybe on the lowest difficulty. On Veteran it was quite a challenge and frustrating at times.

Another aspect I really liked about the campaign was the setting. I have been to London and Paris myself and could really recognise the environment and that added something to the game in my eyes.

Also, the story may not be that original, but YET another game about World War 2 is not what I'm waiting for. Modern Warfare brought something new to the table and I like it. Multiplayer:
    I see a lot of players saying it's a lot of the same as MW2, blah blah. Please tell me what's the difference between FIFA 10, FIFA 11 and FIFA 12? A lot of the same, teams get updated, etc. It's the same for the other yearly releases. Still MW3 brings back a lot of the original aspects of the game and has some new features.

The updated killstreaks are very neatly done. It's not anymore like Black Ops where 80% of your kills came from killstreak rewards. There is more gun on gun gameplay. The maps are a bit different though. There is a lot of cover and not a lot of open ground. They also separated Ghost/Cold Blood into two separate perks. One hides you from air support and one hides you only from UAV. That was a very good step as well.

The added gametype Kill Confirmed is also very fun to play. It kind of forces you to go out in the field and play like the developers intended. If you just sit in a corner or in a tower and wait till people walk by, your kills will just get denied, your team will get no point and will fall behind eventually and rightfully so.

The guns are balanced really well too. There are no really underpowered weapons, except for the shotguns. They are just complete garbage. All the other weapons are competitive and useful. The way the weapon upgrades are done is good as well. The â
  70. Nov 14, 2011
    Vive La Modern Warfare 3! The Best Game is exciting that better than Battlefield 3. I'm fan trilogy Call of Duty is Best FPS Ever the world! I like the Game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. My opinion is teen!!
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    Amazing-action game. Multiplayer is awesome , worth buying ! Hope BF3 fanboys will not ruin this review page as they are doing it now. They cant realize that MW3 is better game
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    Not bad, the single player is really good, i enjoyed it a lot. Multiplayer is as always addictive, and the new survival mode is fun to play as well. There are also 16 spec ops missions for 2 players which is nice.
    Would have given a 9 if there was an option to change field of view which is terrible.
  73. Nov 14, 2011
    This isn't a rant from a review "bomber" as the media is putting it, this is a review from a truly disheartened Call of Duty fan and PC gamer. Modern Warfare 3 is unbelievably disappointing for a franchise which used to be the leader in innovation for the FPS genre. Yes the graphics, menus, sound effects, and just about everything else are identical to Modern Warfare 2. I can forgive theThis isn't a rant from a review "bomber" as the media is putting it, this is a review from a truly disheartened Call of Duty fan and PC gamer. Modern Warfare 3 is unbelievably disappointing for a franchise which used to be the leader in innovation for the FPS genre. Yes the graphics, menus, sound effects, and just about everything else are identical to Modern Warfare 2. I can forgive the game to a certain extent for the recycling, but what I cannot accept is how bad the map design, respawns, and matchmaking system is. The maps are smaller than ever, circular mazes of narrow alleys littered with random junk and enemies respawning behind you. 80% of your deaths will be someone who respawned and shot you in your back. Apparently Infinity Ward learned nothing from the failure of the matchmaking system in Modern Warfare 2 as the exact same system is back in full force, and that once again means you cannot kick the many hackers, cheaters, racists, and flamers you will inevitably meet, this of course not counting the fact that you will often experience lag in games where you will shoot half your clip only to see in the killcam that you were standing like an idiot and only managing to fire off 2 bullets. The inclusion of dedicated servers would have fixed 1/2 the issues of what is an "okay" game, but sadly it is not to be. Avoid the PC version, it's not worth the heart ache. Expand
  74. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game, decent graphics, excellent gameplay. People that say it's a lagfest and a mw2 expansion pack probably haven't played it enough, or have crappy internet. After about 20 hours of multiplayer and a completed campaign, I feel that my opinion is worth more than one of some brat that just wants to hate.

Enough offtopic bullcrap. The multiplayer is great, mostly good connections and

Enough offtopic bullcrap.

The multiplayer is great, mostly good connections and a large variety of weapons and perks. Customization might not be as big as in Black Ops, but that was an excessive amount anyway.
    The only grief I had, was that the most overpowered weapons were unlocked almost instantly. I would've thought that IW learned from the mw2 UMP45, but they didn't. Oh well, anyone with a decent set of tactics can easily take the abusers out.

Just to remind everyone, MW3 is a great game. It's the best from CoD4 and MW2 combined, and the matchmaking service is working a lot smoother, to my experience. Don't hate if you just don't like the game. Always be objective, and don't be biased.
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    Little kids are buying your game every single year. What are you trying to accomplish? These people are trying to live normal lives and yet you charge them $60 with misleading ads and information, then charge overpriced $15 map packs, which are recycled old maps. Please stop it, children are losing their intelligence and lives because of you money grabbing f#cks. Bobby Kotick can drop deadLittle kids are buying your game every single year. What are you trying to accomplish? These people are trying to live normal lives and yet you charge them $60 with misleading ads and information, then charge overpriced $15 map packs, which are recycled old maps. Please stop it, children are losing their intelligence and lives because of you money grabbing f#cks. Bobby Kotick can drop dead and burn in hell for all i care. Expand
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    I am not even sure why I buy this franchise, perhaps its the hope that they will deliver on their promise, or their hype. Yet another re-hash of the same on-rails single player game. Ok so this time they give us dedicated servers, but this time, you can't rank up on dedis. You have to use the same lame peering system as MW2. Activision and IW turned their backs on PC players after COD4 andI am not even sure why I buy this franchise, perhaps its the hope that they will deliver on their promise, or their hype. Yet another re-hash of the same on-rails single player game. Ok so this time they give us dedicated servers, but this time, you can't rank up on dedis. You have to use the same lame peering system as MW2. Activision and IW turned their backs on PC players after COD4 and this is just goes to prove their commitment to that decision. This is not a full game relase this is Modern Warfare episode 4, and as such should be priced way lower. Expand
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 is a PC game that fails on a technical level. The game lacks some of the features of its predecessor Black Ops. Namely a FoV (field of view) slider and (ranked) dedicated servers.
    The low FoV in particular makes the game barely playable. It also makes the game look like a cheap console port. Cheap in the sense that no effort seems to have been put into it. Ironic then, that this game is one of the most expensive PC titles on the market.

This issue is so major that it undermines every aspect of the game. Yet is so easily fixed, at least from a layman's perspective, that MW3 PC looks like the ultimate, laziest money grab.
    I'm sorry to see that IW has not mended, what is often called, the consolitis that has afflicted Call Of Duty. Treyarch's Black Ops was a commendable effort as a PC game, and it seems like a crying shame that IW stubbornly refuses to acknowledge the progress their perceived rival has made. Their Laisser faire attitude has cost them the CoD crown already, now it seems only a matter of time before gamers taste in games will cost them their dollars. PC gamers, always a step ahead, are now put into a position where buying MW3 seems like a bad idea. And if they did, writing a glaring review on sites such as Metacritic as a sorts of refund, or payback, seems only fair.
  78. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 has been released pretty close to Battlefield 3's entry into the gaming market. For this reason alone it would be the obvious thing to compare the two. However I won't be doing that as they are totally different games. Call of Duty has a more arcade style with a faster pace. Battlefield 3 focuses on the real life aspect of war, which is obviously a slower tempo but inModern Warfare 3 has been released pretty close to Battlefield 3's entry into the gaming market. For this reason alone it would be the obvious thing to compare the two. However I won't be doing that as they are totally different games. Call of Duty has a more arcade style with a faster pace. Battlefield 3 focuses on the real life aspect of war, which is obviously a slower tempo but in large scale battles.

Single Player Campaign

MW3's single player campaign involves an all out war taking you to new locations in different countries such as London and Paris while switching between different characters perspectives. Some missions are a lot of fun, others you may find irritating. Controlling a gunship remotely, shooting from a speed boat, calling in bombing runs and so on are fun moments. Call of Duty games have and still remain to be linear with having to follow a set path and pretty much standing in the exact position required before the game moves forward. This is annoying to say the least. Team mates get in the way during action moments. Line up the perfect shot and you have squad mates either pushing into you, resulting in moving out of position or simply wandering in your line of fire. For the most part though they do blend in and support very well. Sometimes too well. There are moments whereby you have to follow your squad through buildings only to have them kill all the enemies on there own deeming you simply a passenger in the script set down by the creators. Some features in the single player campaign I really wish were never included in the first place. Cut scenes which give the instruction to press a specific button to win the ensuing battle or event. Miss the button/press the wrong one and you'll get mission fail and have to re-do it again. Battle through intense missions without dying and the one that gets you is press "x" now. It's unnecessary and really annoying. I have my finger on the trigger button of mouse ready to shoot and it doesn't occur to me that I need to quickly press "e" or something on the keyboard. Does it draw me into the scene and feel part of it. Absolutely not, those moments just slow the game down and ruin an otherwise impressive campaign. I had a blast with this game. Definitely one of the best single player moments I've had in a long time.

Multiplayer

There's an immediate difference compared to Black Ops and that is dedicated servers have been removed, and in it's place is the Modern Warfare 2 console like system. Join matches with random people in player hosted matches. As soon as the hosting player quits a match everyone's game is paused while the system allocates a new player as host. It's slow, annoying and takes away a lot of the fun. Dedicated servers also allowed players to customize the matches they're looking for. Like a specific map then you could find a server that continuously plays that map uninterrupted. With player hosted matches this is not possible.

"It's very challenging and a lot of fun"

Matches are pretty much the same as previous Call of Duty games. Weapons have changed slightly. Maps are varied, some good others not so fun. Plenty of different match-play modes from capture flags to just all out deathmatch.

An interesting addition this year is the Spec Ops Survival game mode. This is similar to Zombie mode from previous games with the twist of having waves of soldiers, dogs, attack helicopters and the like. It's very challenging and a lot of fun. Between waves of attacks your rewarded with credits which can be used to purchase new weapons, ammo or special abilities such as air support.

Graphics

Graphics are really poor on the PC version with the wrong settings. Use the settings at the bottom of this page to achieve the best graphics possible. Lighting effects are really good. Sounds

There's not a lot of realism in the sounds. Shooting from any gun doesn't give the believable sound that it could be an actual real life weapon. There's obvious room for improvement in terms of weapon sounds.

SUMMARY

The single player campaign is a really good reason to own this game. I found it so much fun, though it wasn't difficult. Completed the campaign on hardened difficulty in 5hrs 30mins. Not particularly long or challenging but a lot of fun nonetheless.
    Multiplayer follows the same formula as before. The added survival mode will have you coming back for more. Black Ops has better multiplayer maps. Modern Warfare 3 isn't the classic everyone was hoping it would be, however it is a fun game that will keep you entertained for hours.

InsidePCgaming Rating

www.insidepcgaming.com
  79. Nov 14, 2011
    I own both MW3 and BF3 and I have to say, BF3 is definitely the better game. MW3 is plagued by problems that were found in MW2 on the PC. They decided to keep the p2p system, which was a huge mistake (had problems connecting and problems with lag on Day 1, and still get really bad lag depending on the game). Even though there are dedicate servers, they waited until 2 weeks beforeI own both MW3 and BF3 and I have to say, BF3 is definitely the better game. MW3 is plagued by problems that were found in MW2 on the PC. They decided to keep the p2p system, which was a huge mistake (had problems connecting and problems with lag on Day 1, and still get really bad lag depending on the game). Even though there are dedicate servers, they waited until 2 weeks before release to tell us that it would be on unranked servers only. THAT is low. They did the same thing with MW2, where they announced last minute about the stupid IW.net crap.

The only saving grace (in my opinion) is the coop modes. But even that has bugs. Survival mode will have you and your friend going out of sync at times, so that things happening on your end are not happening on your friends. e.g. you see your friend is down, but they are still killing things on their end. Singleplayer campaign is short and crap. COD4 is still the best one out there.
  80. Nov 14, 2011
    Splendid game. Dynamic single, Excellent multiplayer and SpecOps mhmm. I recommend for long evenings. I am from Poland :P Dalej pisze po polsku sram na google translator. Gra wciÄ
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    The best game in the world 10/10 .I love call of dut but im not fanboy i buy bf3 and cod but cod mw3 is the best. Btattlefield is not for me but cod yes
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    Still the same as always. Got this game and Battlefield 3. Battlefield has the best graphics, nice big maps and team gameplay. MW3 is still the same but I also still like it. Graphics are way to old and it needs more freshness. Since I think it's funny that this game has such a low score, I will rate it 1 aswell.
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    the game is not bad ....way better then black ops . mw3 is more a finished product then black ops with the stupid sounds ans voices and developers.
    to the makers of mw3 well done and keep it up.
  84. Nov 14, 2011
    Forget the stuff about lack of scoring on dedicated servers, a lack of Punkbuster or similar, what REALLY pisses me off about this 'game' is the fact that some rounds last a minute or maybe less, then you get an 'enforced' break of a minute, followed by 'waiting', followed by - if you're lucky - game starts in and a countdown. Great, you think. But once the countdown has reached zero, doesForget the stuff about lack of scoring on dedicated servers, a lack of Punkbuster or similar, what REALLY pisses me off about this 'game' is the fact that some rounds last a minute or maybe less, then you get an 'enforced' break of a minute, followed by 'waiting', followed by - if you're lucky - game starts in and a countdown. Great, you think. But once the countdown has reached zero, does the game start? Nope, it doesn't. Instead you get the map to load followed by ANOTHER countdown.... WHAT THE F***? TWO countdowns??? Somebody is obviously taking the P*** at Activision. Do ONE countdown then start the damned game.

Does it then start? Nope, then comes: waiting for player, server synchronisation or something else - sometimes- quite frequently - followed by a server timeout.... You land back in the Lobby. This is just frustration pure and this is what makes me give this game a 1, it's not really bad in itself, just the online game play SUXX big time, you will spend MORE TIME WAITING than actually playing. As for enforced breaks - since when can Activision tell me what I can and can't do with my PC? I don't come round and tell you what you can do in your spare time so stop ordering a minute long break between each round. 15 seconds was more than sufficient in Black Ops. PATHETIC.....
  85. Nov 14, 2011
    Why anyone would like to play this? Nothing has changed and I don't think it ever will. Sorry but every 9-10 score is a lie in honest customer face. For example game engine is so old, that i want to cry. When i bought MW3 all i saw was fact that budget for this game was like 5% to making product and 95% for commercial noise. Sorry guys, this was definately last time with this crap.
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    I think the game is good...it´s SP-Story is great but it has some Online troubles...
    I had to reinstall the game twice...
    It takes AGES for me to get in a normal TD game as in 80 % of the cases i get a timeout... My friend has the same problems on hes Playstation. I dont like Battlefield and I dont like a comparison. I have BF Bad Company 2 here ... its story is okay and
    I had to reinstall the game twice...
    My friend has the same problems on hes Playstation.
    I dont like Battlefield and I dont like a comparison.
    I have BF Bad Company 2 here ... its story is okay and online its a big piece of **** in my opinion...
    I will always stay with COD!!
    Fix those timeout problems and everything is okay!!!!
  87. Nov 14, 2011
    A poor game that is extremely overrated by the press. It is unacceptable for a game to continue to be put out with such little change. Hopefully Respawn Studios shows activision what a mistake they made letting them go.
  88. Nov 14, 2011
    Decent game, lots of fun with friends. Graphics need work though. But still a fun game in its own right. To each his own. Nothing wrong with a linear campaign as long as it gets the story out
  89. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not sure why they think they can just keep making the exact same game, putting a new higher number on the end of the title, and releasing it to awesome reviews. Hey management and development team for CoD, here's a message made just for you: the PC gamer made you. Start treating them with some respect and not giving us this insulting bs. You guys took more time signing up big nameI'm not sure why they think they can just keep making the exact same game, putting a new higher number on the end of the title, and releasing it to awesome reviews. Hey management and development team for CoD, here's a message made just for you: the PC gamer made you. Start treating them with some respect and not giving us this insulting bs. You guys took more time signing up big name movie stars for your commercials than you did making a good game. Expand
  90. Nov 14, 2011
    audiovisually the game is exactly the same as mw2, bad maps, the said they were gonna work on security to make it harder to hack the game, but there's aimbots and wallhacks out day 1. can't change the field of view up from 60 or whatever it is (same as on consoles), which is ridiculous low for a pc game. they are trying to turn the pc version into the exact same as the console version,audiovisually the game is exactly the same as mw2, bad maps, the said they were gonna work on security to make it harder to hack the game, but there's aimbots and wallhacks out day 1. can't change the field of view up from 60 or whatever it is (same as on consoles), which is ridiculous low for a pc game. they are trying to turn the pc version into the exact same as the console version, while forgetting 2 things: pc gamers don't want a console experience, which is why we play pc, and 2. a pc isn't a console.

tl;dr **** sucks
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    At this point, CoD is a measure of the success of a popular formula and great PR, that somehow remains undiminished even after a nearly identical (re) release year after year. What's it bringing to the table?

Do you guys remember when FPS games used to have to bring something new each year? Doom 2 had the double-barrel shotgun, Quake2/3 had single/multiplayer, Unreal Tournament added mission-based deathamtch, then ragdoll physics, then awesome vehicle modes, even Halo tries to add some new and interesting weapons and vehicles at each outting.

What does CoD give us? A rather high price tag, and if past releases are any indication, map packs that are old content re-released for a premium.
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    I finally understood why this franchise exists. It took me some time, being this ridiculous hard core gamer type, enjoying Ultra settings BF3 or modding Skyrim on day 1. However, what I've realized is that this game DOESN'T take itself seriously, but that's ok! I can perfectly understand at this point why this game is fun, it's simple, arcade fun, nothing more. If you plan to take anI finally understood why this franchise exists. It took me some time, being this ridiculous hard core gamer type, enjoying Ultra settings BF3 or modding Skyrim on day 1. However, what I've realized is that this game DOESN'T take itself seriously, but that's ok! I can perfectly understand at this point why this game is fun, it's simple, arcade fun, nothing more. If you plan to take an "innovative realistic approach to COD" your not going to have it; and to top it off it's meant to be taken lightly, as a run-around shooter just for the hell of it. This is a game to enjoy with friends, not to be competitive over. If you take the time to realize that, your experience changes. I've been playing BF3 for the extremely intense, action filled technical innovated, shooting powerhouse that is the game. But I then see that I have MW3, a fun, kick back, shoot em up with no real flair, but the game sells, why? Because people enjoy to have fun! There's something about Call of Duty's multiplayer over the past several that get's you to say "one more game, one more game, one more game" and something get's you hooked. I think that also reflects on another game that you can kind of relate. Minecraft, the "one more block" mentality and next thing you know you have a mineshaft. MW3 gives the hook on to it experience, it's flashy, it's killstreaks, it's extremely fast paced, and you feel as though you fly through games. Don't rate this game on it's innovation or it's graphics or whatever you think it needs. For what it provides to the mass community it's perfect for being a fun fast paced shooter. And although it's not some brand new game that expands completely from MW2, it still has it's fresh feeling. This game does truly deserve more, i've been on both sides of the spectrum, believe me, and what i've come to realize is, this game is there for the enjoyment of classic style shooters, take it that way. Expand
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    The game is absolutely fantastic. It seems to offer gameplay similar to that of Modern Warfares 1 and 2 in addition to removing all the things that I disliked from MW2, such as commando, one man army, and danger close. If you play a game based on how it looks (which I think is fairly silly in the first place), the game does have reasonable graphics (the people still look like fairly wellThe game is absolutely fantastic. It seems to offer gameplay similar to that of Modern Warfares 1 and 2 in addition to removing all the things that I disliked from MW2, such as commando, one man army, and danger close. If you play a game based on how it looks (which I think is fairly silly in the first place), the game does have reasonable graphics (the people still look like fairly well detailed people, pretty much like how they looked in MW2). It's not on BF3's caliber of graphics obviously, but the gameplay is still fun, and it's definitely worth at least playing a few times using a friends copy if the game, even if you don't actually buy it. Expand
  94. Nov 14, 2011
    First of all I can't believe the childish reviews calling this game bad just because it's Call of Duty.
    Also how can this be a map pack if it has the best single player from a CoD to date.
    The campaign kicks on from Modern Warfare 2, the gameplay is better than ever, graphics have improved again also the story is really engaging and a great experience. I've not played the co op yet but the multiplayer is as great as ever and the dedicated servers are a brilliant addition. Gun Game is easily the best mode. I can't understand the complaints the games not changed too much. Despite the 4 years since CoD4 there is still not a fps as good as this franchise and childish moans won't make it worse. Just enjoy the game.
  95. Nov 14, 2011
    Nothing new since mw2. Iw-net is still a failure, dedicated servers are unranked and have lots of problems. This is nothing more then a map pack for mw2, only that mw2 stock maps are better. Then we dont have a dev console, locked max fps etc.
  96. Nov 14, 2011
    what a joke. and here I was expecting it would be better because of battlefield 2. WOW it looked worse than a game they released years ago. they keep giving us the same **** and we are stupid enough to buy it. this will probably be the last modern warfare game I buy unless they give us something new. BF3 is a lot better than this trash
  97. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is pretty good. Better than its predecessor.

I especially enjoyed the mission called 'No Russian', where you'd destroy an entire airport. That was fun.

Huh? That wasn't in this game? Oh, that was MW2? There's no difference. Whatsoever. Don't even bother wasting your money on this, go play MW or MW2 instead.
  98. Nov 14, 2011
    everything all 2421 have said its a discrace how they take advantage of non/gamers and casual gamers like this just cos they have not developed taste, standards, or have exposure to much better games these casual gamers and non gamers arent second citizens you cant treat them like this, milking them and kicking them to the curb with this bad excuse for a game, i know its a cold world weeverything all 2421 have said its a discrace how they take advantage of non/gamers and casual gamers like this just cos they have not developed taste, standards, or have exposure to much better games these casual gamers and non gamers arent second citizens you cant treat them like this, milking them and kicking them to the curb with this bad excuse for a game, i know its a cold world we live in where the nice people get the **** end of the stick but this?? you have gone to far infinity ward Expand
  99. Nov 14, 2011
    The game fails to deliver anything new and innovative to the fps genre.

There is no destruction or any form of advanced graphics in the game, it appears to be using an engine from over 7 years ago. The story is rather uninspiring and linear, however the multi player delivers the same experience as before... which was rather boring after 8 years of the same.
  100. i59
    Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 is a complete joke compared to its predecessors. The majority of assets are seemingly re-used from MW2 and previous CoD games, while gameplay feels very boring and sometimes incredibly slowed down from what you would expect after playing MW2.

If you're after the spec-ops feature, this game could give you a couple of hours of fun. However, if you're interested in Singleplayer or Multiplayer you should definitely look at getting another game.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay