Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC

2.6

1. Dec 7, 2011
    You can't expect to receive positive reception for a game that is a clear plight to simply make tons of money. Activision needs to look at publishers/devs who take pride in their prodcuts. Glen schofield, you claim you put alot of hard work into this game. What hell exactly were you up to for 2 entire years? Why didn't you just do ctrl+c and ctrl+v to copy mw2's code instead ofYou can't expect to receive positive reception for a game that is a clear plight to simply make tons of money. Activision needs to look at publishers/devs who take pride in their prodcuts. Glen schofield, you claim you put alot of hard work into this game. What hell exactly were you up to for 2 entire years? Why didn't you just do ctrl+c and ctrl+v to copy mw2's code instead of highlighting it all the slow way? You could have had this game out in a couple months but you obviously aren't very time efficient. Expand
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    I never played MW 2 for the reasons that were exhaustively complained about back in 2009. I played COD 2 and the multiplayer was.. adequate. Black Ops seemed like a complete package, with my only complaint being the resetting of skills with prestige. This game, MW3 is nonsense. no server admins OR a vote system to boot apparent hackers. just looking on youtube shows how aimbot is rampant.I never played MW 2 for the reasons that were exhaustively complained about back in 2009. I played COD 2 and the multiplayer was.. adequate. Black Ops seemed like a complete package, with my only complaint being the resetting of skills with prestige. This game, MW3 is nonsense. no server admins OR a vote system to boot apparent hackers. just looking on youtube shows how aimbot is rampant. No player score cards to check records and report abusers. I thought this game was going to take the advances that activision had made in Black Ops and increase the replayability. Why would anyone want to purchase DLC for this garbage. I think that it's pretty apparent... the dev's set out to get a 95 or higher score on meta critic, and instead they have to date, 719 positive reviews from users, and 3356 negative ones. I want my money back. Expand
  3. Dec 8, 2011
    I had been a big fan of the Modern Warfare series until this one. I was so disappointed for this on PC I could hardly believe it. The graphics are exactly the same as MW2 which is now four years old, for a PC game I think this is a big deal seeing as we now have DX11 which the game doesn't even use. Aside for glaring graphical issues the sound was also horrible, the AK-47 sounds like aI had been a big fan of the Modern Warfare series until this one. I was so disappointed for this on PC I could hardly believe it. The graphics are exactly the same as MW2 which is now four years old, for a PC game I think this is a big deal seeing as we now have DX11 which the game doesn't even use. Aside for glaring graphical issues the sound was also horrible, the AK-47 sounds like a pee-shooter and unrealistic. I also kept getting stuck on corners and low objects on the ground like debris that you should easily be able to walk or jump over but the only way to get off them is to turn around and go right back the way you came. This happens so often that it just gets annoying and ruins a lot of the fun.

As far as the gameplay goes, I think the story was well written, a little short and a bit predictable but fun none the less. That being said its about the only good thing to the game that I can think of. The multi-player is pretty much the same as MW2 with a few changes here and there. Changed the unlock system but the game still plays out the same; one player can pretty much win or lose a match for the entire team and once again no team play is required and it hardly ever takes place anyway.

This game should be known as MW2.5 and should never have been released as a full-fledged game and should have been an expansion priced at $20 at most.
  4. Dec 8, 2011
    They should just sold the game as an optional map pack for mw2 that comes with new weapons and kill streaks rather than paying upfront for 60 bucks. Same engine, lame maps, unbalanced multiplayer, lag compensation, hackers roaming around like there on a picnic. There is so much negativity in this game that it outweigh the game's positive experience(if you can find any). The developers justThey should just sold the game as an optional map pack for mw2 that comes with new weapons and kill streaks rather than paying upfront for 60 bucks. Same engine, lame maps, unbalanced multiplayer, lag compensation, hackers roaming around like there on a picnic. There is so much negativity in this game that it outweigh the game's positive experience(if you can find any). The developers just copy pasted m2 put a single player campaign, tweaked the mechanics of the game and added some stupid maps= 60usd profit. It is like a straight up daylight robbery. Expand
  5. Dec 8, 2011
    this multiplayer is A SHAME:!! Cheaters everyware are king !, no place for skill or great action ( ask shootcasters).. i loved the solo but it not worth 50$. my last cod game
  6. Dec 19, 2011
    After 10hrs of playing MP in this game i came to the conclusion that this game is a complete waste of money to be honest. Locked fov, locked fps and no improvements graphics wise since mw1.
    Map design feels cramped and horrible. A complete cluster ****
    Next game in the series will be downloaded and tried before any purchase is done.
    MW3 was a waste of my money.
  7. Dec 10, 2011
    I was a big fan of the COD series but this game is a joke. The restricted field of vision takes away any element of skill or competitiveness. This is essentially a re-release of MW2 with LESS features. I never thought I would consider moving franchises but this release just made it undeniably obvious that I was playing a game for kids. The campaign was ok but so dated that I didn't evenI was a big fan of the COD series but this game is a joke. The restricted field of vision takes away any element of skill or competitiveness. This is essentially a re-release of MW2 with LESS features. I never thought I would consider moving franchises but this release just made it undeniably obvious that I was playing a game for kids. The campaign was ok but so dated that I didn't even bother to finish it.

I will probably buy the next Treyarch release but I will NEVER again buy anything made by Infinity Ward (COD or otherwise) and I suggest you all do the same. BF3 doesn't look any better. Let's hope a new franchise emerges before the inevitable cash cow of MW4.
  8. Dec 12, 2011
    The campaign of the game is not even nearly as good as it has been in Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops. The multiplayer of the game seems like being copied from Modern Warfare 2 with a few new things. I actually think that modern warfare 2's multiplayer was much better.

Game feels ok at the two first hours but then it becomes boring. I would recommend to buy some other game instead, Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 2 for example.

And I don't even wanna talk about CoD Elite, it is poor attempt to get more money from MW3
  9. Dec 12, 2011
    I saw how ridiculously low the user ratings were, but I decided to try it out anyways. What a mistake that turned out to be. I have it 1 only because it was slightly entertaining to play online with a couple friends. Then you realize how unbalanced the games are and everything is completely unrealistic. If they put laser guns which shoot rockets in it, I wouldn't be one bit surprised. WhatI saw how ridiculously low the user ratings were, but I decided to try it out anyways. What a mistake that turned out to be. I have it 1 only because it was slightly entertaining to play online with a couple friends. Then you realize how unbalanced the games are and everything is completely unrealistic. If they put laser guns which shoot rockets in it, I wouldn't be one bit surprised. What really strikes me is that they didn't even put any effort into developing the game. It's a straight console port with the exact same graphics as the very first Modern Warfare. Expand
  10. Dec 12, 2011
    So, I got Black Ops for Christmas last year!... Found a great deal this year on MW3 for under $20. I played a little bit of the multiplayer and It looked like I just downloaded Black Ops again. Except there was no server browser, I was put into a matchmaking system that I had no control over. I only played a couple maps and found nothing groundbreaking in them. I felt like this would haveSo, I got Black Ops for Christmas last year!... Found a great deal this year on MW3 for under $20. I played a little bit of the multiplayer and It looked like I just downloaded Black Ops again. Except there was no server browser, I was put into a matchmaking system that I had no control over. I only played a couple maps and found nothing groundbreaking in them. I felt like this would have made a good $15 DLC for Black Ops. Heard the Single player was only a 3 hour game... so, I put in 120+ hours into black ops and had fun. I put Expand
  11. Dec 13, 2011
    Laggy and too many online cheaters with aimbots and wall-hacks; ruins the fun. Just a lot of people running around holding down the fire button, really no tactics involved. Expected a lot more, but based on the previous games and how they didn't address the cheats, its no wonder that this is no different.
  12. Dec 15, 2011
    I admit this game doesn't have 2011 year graphics. Graphics matters a lot but it's not everything to me. Single player story is adrenaline filled and heart pumping. That matters a lot. Multiplayer is addiction. Especially Kill Confirm mode is extremely addicting. It only lacks one thing and this is "super graphics". That's the reason I am not giving it 10/10. But the fact that it doesn'tI admit this game doesn't have 2011 year graphics. Graphics matters a lot but it's not everything to me. Single player story is adrenaline filled and heart pumping. That matters a lot. Multiplayer is addiction. Especially Kill Confirm mode is extremely addicting. It only lacks one thing and this is "super graphics". That's the reason I am not giving it 10/10. But the fact that it doesn't have super graphics made it available to many many players who can't even afford heavy systems. Expand
  13. Dec 16, 2011
    This game is an absolute disappointment. I've been playing all PC Call of Dutys since CoD1 and this game is just absolute fail.
    I especially loved to play MW2 because of much variety, almost perfectly balanced gameplay and very good maps. So were my expectations about MW3 Multiplayer...
    But in MW3 all maps feel like you move in a small box.. It's all made for running and spamming. You
    You are able to quickscope but maps and also the whole rest of the game clearly isn't designed for sniping at all.
    For example.. There is a perk called "Stalker" which allows the player to move with normal run-speed while aiming down the sight. There is no bobbing or increased inaccuracy. In my opinion this makes rifles and smgs really overpowered since it's a lot easier to rush other players (snipers).
    Akimbo- weapons are stronger than ever (since they have ultimate range and precision now.. )
    I think it's very good that there is no adjustable FOV since everybody has the same chance of spotting enemies now --> A fairer game where you have to be really attentive. All in all I rate it 2 because it's not as good as MW2 or MW1 at all. It's just a poorly thought-out and unbalanced spam-fest.
  14. Dec 16, 2011
    "Unlimited bad taste works." Shame on you people who did buy this! -Plot was very disappointing and very predictable. Old game motor just shows how lazy staff they have, seriously "Modern Warfare" was released 2007!! now is 2011 COME ON! only thing they did change was some new textures and tweaks for mw2 and stick mw3 logo on it. Maybe some things will never change like that you will"Unlimited bad taste works." Shame on you people who did buy this! -Plot was very disappointing and very predictable. Old game motor just shows how lazy staff they have, seriously "Modern Warfare" was released 2007!! now is 2011 COME ON! only thing they did change was some new textures and tweaks for mw2 and stick mw3 logo on it. Maybe some things will never change like that you will need as much skill as 5-year old kid to get decent scores against hordes of campers.

Summa summarum
    >mfw 2011 no new graphics
    >mfw gun sounds are still same
    >mfw all this hype for mw2.1
    >mfw map structure is same
    >mfw they still keep those "perks" and "camp-eh... I mean cough kill streaks"

At least they did improved co-op a little but spec-ops missions are not very good and survival is ridiculous. Missions are very short and quite easy, only thing what make's em look "hard" is that you will die easier.

I wonder what will be name of next tittle and people will boycott it then hopefully.
  15. Dec 16, 2011
    Like a lot of people I was blown away by the original modern warfare, but it seems every year they bring out a new title and every year it gets just a little bit more disappointing. This is by far the most disappointing game yet. At least when they made MW2 they added heaps of new things to improve from the original MW, but IMO they also took a lot away from it. Things like lobbys, hostLike a lot of people I was blown away by the original modern warfare, but it seems every year they bring out a new title and every year it gets just a little bit more disappointing. This is by far the most disappointing game yet. At least when they made MW2 they added heaps of new things to improve from the original MW, but IMO they also took a lot away from it. Things like lobbys, host changes and the lack of dedicated servers really put me of MW2 'cause I'd find myself spending more time waiting to play then I would actually playing. So when they announced before the release of MW3 that they were bringing back dedicated servers I thought, "Cool this might be alright". I was wrong.
    MW3 is exactly the same as MW2, I don't mean it's similar, IT'S THE EXACT SAME GAME! I mean c'mon they've had two years between titles and yet there's nothing innovative at all.
    I used to spend hours each day playing the original MW online, then I played MW2 casually for a few months but with MW3 I was over it in about 2 hours.
    I then thought ok, I'll play the single player campaign, that'll be entertaining for a few hours or so. Wrong again, although I don't have a problem with the single player mode, I mean COD is COD. I got a few missions into it and then recieved an error which 'caused the game to crash each time I reached a certain point. I couldn't find any way around it so after a couple of weeks I had no need for this game at all and traded it in.

So I would have to say for a game that's gloating about how many copies they have sold, I would have thought they would have released a game that was A) not a copy and paste of the previous title and B) at least have the game ready to play.
    Every title released since COD4 would be better of as a DLC package I can't see how any of them can warrant a full title release.
    I hate COD I will never buy it again and wished I'd never spent money on this piece of crap. I realise that giving it a 0 might seem a bit harsh but so is asking for $89 for a game I already brought 2 years ago.
  16. Dec 16, 2011
    Sooo... They charge us $70 plus DLCs to play the same game for the fourth time? Unbelievable. I know franchises are hard to get off the ground, but seriously? At least change SOME content. And no, it's not an improvement.
  17. Dec 19, 2011
    In my opinion this game's multiplayer has a huge potential. However, it seems they wasted all their time polishing the console version while the PC version has been totally forgotten. The game is full of game-change problems like the lag issues (things like people seeing you 1-2 seconds before they even show up on your screen). I had to tweak the config file in order to get a playableIn my opinion this game's multiplayer has a huge potential. However, it seems they wasted all their time polishing the console version while the PC version has been totally forgotten. The game is full of game-change problems like the lag issues (things like people seeing you 1-2 seconds before they even show up on your screen). I had to tweak the config file in order to get a playable experience, which is pathetic considering all the money they made with a recycled game, I mean, this game should've been PERFECT(no lag issues, no tweaking needed, no bugs, no glitches, no nothing) so that I could just play it and even be happy after paying $60 for a recycled game, but actually works flawlessly. Expand
  18. Dec 20, 2011
    I do actually like this game. I have to admit that I like Black Ops more (I don't know where, but I like Black Ops a bit more). But I do like Modern Warfare 3 itself. It is nice to see the ending of this Single Player story. And the multiplayer is just fun. I like fast-paced gameplay, and I was pleasantly surprised when they even announced they were adding free stuff (new gamemode -> DropI do actually like this game. I have to admit that I like Black Ops more (I don't know where, but I like Black Ops a bit more). But I do like Modern Warfare 3 itself. It is nice to see the ending of this Single Player story. And the multiplayer is just fun. I like fast-paced gameplay, and I was pleasantly surprised when they even announced they were adding free stuff (new gamemode -> Drop Zone). I think that really made me finally write this review, because I was a bit bored of MW3 (it just didn't feel right), but I think I have to change my opinion on that. I do really like it, and for those who like to fast-paced FPS-games should really buy this.

I know the graphics are not the best, but I don't think the graphics are everything. Fun is the number 1 factor, and I DO have fun with this game, and that's why I give it a 8. (I didn't really play co-op yet, so I can't really write anything about that).
  19. Dec 23, 2011
    To start i have played every call of duty so i understand the standards. First off the campaign is a joke there depth no reason to play it with a bland story. Second there are no relevant and progressive innovations. Third the meat and potatoes, the multiplayer is awful the maps seem designed just so you buy there map packs when these maps are generally offensively bad at worst andTo start i have played every call of duty so i understand the standards. First off the campaign is a joke there depth no reason to play it with a bland story. Second there are no relevant and progressive innovations. Third the meat and potatoes, the multiplayer is awful the maps seem designed just so you buy there map packs when these maps are generally offensively bad at worst and almost okay at best. The spawns are awful they spawn in front of you and behind you i could not recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  20. Dec 25, 2011
    Before I start, I gave this game a four because of my disappointment in the game compared to the hype and everything else they should have learned from their previous games. If this was the first game in the franchise, and it wasn't just a juggernaut to make Activision money then this game would get a 7 from me, because in gameplay and everything, its a decent game. Fun, but not to fun orBefore I start, I gave this game a four because of my disappointment in the game compared to the hype and everything else they should have learned from their previous games. If this was the first game in the franchise, and it wasn't just a juggernaut to make Activision money then this game would get a 7 from me, because in gameplay and everything, its a decent game. Fun, but not to fun or innovative. But since they got rid of some of the new things black ops added and just pretty much did the same thing as MW2, just some new perks and killstreaks, I gave it a lower score. Don't be fooled, if you played MW2, you played this game, same lone wolf style multiplayer (unless you make your own team with friends or a clan), same formula on the campaign except now its getting predictable and boring, and really rushed. Nothing changed, they hyped it up and people bought it. And now people can see that it is stupid, which is why people came here like me to put a bad review on it. Me and the other 3,437 people. I like more of a thinking mans fps, I like to have a lot of communication when I play online and strategies. Multiplayer on this came is all about how you yourself can be better, and not what you can do to help the team and win, its all about YOUR Kill death ratio, and things like that. So I would much rather play Battlefield 3 which has a lot more strategy to it. More thinking. But don't get me wrong, I have a place for these games, I get bored and just want to run around a knife some people without thinking too. Which this game does well, but thats about it. If thats all you want then go buy this game. But for me, and some others, we want more, not the same game every year, with a new case for 60$. Expand
  21. Dec 25, 2011
    Disgusting. The Single Player game can be mildly entertaining, but is so linear that the fun is entirely taken out of it. The multiplayer game had potential, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, but has become overwhelmed by people using cheats. Activison's continued lack of action against cheating has made the multiplayer game completely unbearable.

This was the first time I bought a Call of

This was the first time I bought a Call of Duty game, and will be the last unless things change drastically.
  22. Dec 25, 2011
    this game is totally **** well not totally !!!! dated graphics , i mean its jus like u r playing mw2 albeit on steroids... i m a mw fan but this game sucks a**... well watever i m gona install bf3 n give it a 9 coz comapres to mw3 it totally rocks...
  23. Dec 27, 2011
    Terrible, horrible, bad, any bad word that can be said on a game fits best here.
    Laggy gameplay, no RANKED dedicated servers, old-age graphics, poor weapons and NOTHING new.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, PERIOD.
  24. Dec 27, 2011
    the game runs smoothly on a low spec pc. but still has really good graphics. i love this fact about it. the story picks up from the prequel to modern warfare 3 (mw-2). real intense storyline. you will play two new characters.
  25. Jan 20, 2012
    Sort it out COD, the number of hackers is insane....... ever though of using punkbuster..... why would any one want to play multi player were the competition isnt how good your its how good your hacks are, cheers for wasting my money....
  26. Dec 28, 2011
  27. Dec 31, 2011
    Modern warfare 3 for PC... Oh where, oh where to begin? 1st of all Sledgehammer, you money-hungry whores... First of all, It's the Exact same game!!! Oh wait, I'm sorry, I don't want the CoD fanboys to get butthurt and selfpwn themselves for life, a few new killstreaks, **** new guns, and of course, poopy new maps...2.) NO DEDICATED SERVERS ON PC!!! 3.) Because Infinity Ward wants toModern warfare 3 for PC... Oh where, oh where to begin? 1st of all Sledgehammer, you money-hungry whores... First of all, It's the Exact same game!!! Oh wait, I'm sorry, I don't want the CoD fanboys to get butthurt and selfpwn themselves for life, a few new killstreaks, **** new guns, and of course, poopy new maps...2.) NO DEDICATED SERVERS ON PC!!! 3.) Because Infinity Ward wants to make the game seem longer by increasing difficulty to hide that fact that it's 5 minutes long, they have crappy new missions that have NO replay value what so ever! And don't even get me started on the train wreck that they call multiplayer. Bottom line? I'm pretty sure E.T. on the Atari 2600 had me having alot more fun than this **** of **** Expand
  28. Jan 4, 2012
    Great single player although it was a little confusing at some points but I enjoyed it. The graphics is not the best but it is for the best since not everyone have awesome gaming computers and the attempt to make the graphics better in black ops was just a joke. I rather play MW3 on best graphics with no lag than play BF3 on lowest graphics just to get rid of the lag. When I play online IGreat single player although it was a little confusing at some points but I enjoyed it. The graphics is not the best but it is for the best since not everyone have awesome gaming computers and the attempt to make the graphics better in black ops was just a joke. I rather play MW3 on best graphics with no lag than play BF3 on lowest graphics just to get rid of the lag. When I play online I rarely have any problems with connections ,maybe once every 20th game with new host, so they improved that a lot however that there is no ranked dedicated servers is bad but as most know... there is a lot of cheaters out there so I bet that there could be xp cheats and stuff on dedicated servers which will make the game ruined as MW2 was with all cheats.. Expand
  29. Jan 7, 2012
    Kindly do not pay attention to what the bf trollers fanboys has to say.MW3 is really a kick ass game in single player campaign.
    The story is simple and not that complex.Starting from the background scores to the gameplay everything is very well done.Bf single player is not even a little bit closer to mw series.
    If you are a fan of this series and following storyline from mw1 then this

If you are a fan of this series and following storyline from mw1 then this game is a must for you.But if you are only interested for its multiplayer part then i would say it dosent seems that bad either.If you are not a team based player like bf series then you can try this.This game if rated overall then it should get a good score.
  30. Jan 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All right here's the review.

You may call me one of dissapointed fanboys, hater or whatsoever but here's the truth.

I think this game can be easily called Modern Warfail 2.5

Why? Because it even feels like and looks like it!
    The game is ran on the same IW enginge that has been following the Call of Duty franchise for years now. The graphics cannot be compared to the newest FPS (first person shooters) games on sale nowadays. The saddest of it all, it actually really looks like slightly pimped version of Modern Warfare 2. Yes you heard right. Graphics are completely same with little bit of updates such as rendered sky or some gun effects but by honestly, On the first look you won't spot any difference from graphical side to Modern Warfare 2. I'm repeating, it's nothing horrible but simply cannot compete with the newest games on sale right now.

Next point I'll be focusing on are the mechanics.
    What has dissapointed me most, and probobly all of you gamers it is the fact, not that it only looks like as the previous game Modern Warfare 2 but it also feels like playing it.

Also let me remind you a sad fact that IW employes claimed tweeting they'll take out some unwanted features such as panic knife, camp spots on map so they won't be like too horizontal - going from one side to another, lame perks, overpowered killstreak. Now I've played the game, all of these are nothing more but lies.

You will still be facing 10 yrs old raging kids with noobtubers, martydroms or the thing that really made least me laugh, killstreak such as juggernaut. I mean what in the hell is that?

It gives you something simular to godmode. I mean are you serious?

There is still the noobish quickscoping (Not the one in Call of Duty 4 - which was in my eyes decent and requiered least some skill). But the one that you can see in Modern Warfare 2. Just keep bashing mouse1 and mouse2 buttons and you'll be getting kills even if yuo don't know how.

There are also semi-automatic snipers but the funny part is, unlike in other series now you're able to one-hit-kill even with these bullet spamming machines.

Game modes? Completely the same modes that are carrying throughout the series for past years.
    They added like 2 new modes but it didn't entertain me at all.

For those who don't know much about series.
    Yes there aren't included anything like nazi zombies or like that this year.

Infinity Ward has once again abandoned any way of custom contest so that means there will be no custom made skins, patches, modes and so on.

Dedictated servers are gone once again so you won't see anything as clans (decent clans) / teams in this game. So to summarize :

This game has decent single player which connects to the story and is probobly the only bright side of the game. Yes I think we all can declare this game a patch for Modern Warfare 2.

Everything is the same.

Just small bugfixes, some new weapons, maps and killstreaks.
    Nothing more.

By far I'm really dissapointed by this game and I don't feel like any downloadable contest can improve this.

Now here's the point you should really read and open yuor eyes.

This is a scam, a patch to Modern Warfare 2.

It's nothing that horrible but REALLY NOT WORTH THOSE 45 - 60 EURO.

Thanks for reading
  31. Mar 3, 2012
    This is a great game and it sure as hell does not deserve a 2.1 user score that it currently has on metacritic. The single player is the usual fast-paced, action packed campaign that you'd expect from call of duty. It is much better than the battlefield 3 single player (I love both games). While it is a great tutorial for the multiplayer, playing it through on veteran is a rewardingThis is a great game and it sure as hell does not deserve a 2.1 user score that it currently has on metacritic. The single player is the usual fast-paced, action packed campaign that you'd expect from call of duty. It is much better than the battlefield 3 single player (I love both games). While it is a great tutorial for the multiplayer, playing it through on veteran is a rewarding challenge in its own right. The special ops mode is similar to that of modern warfare 2, with the exception of the newly added survival mode, in which waves of enemies come at you from land, air, and canine. Special ops can be played online with a friend or with some random online player. Multiplayer is very addictive and fast-paced. It is more run and gun than Battlefield 3, with less strategy and team play, but more "action." You can level up you weapons as well as your soldier of course, which is definitely needed to compete. The biggest disappointment I see with the game is the quantity of cheaters/hackers in the multiplayer. In Battlefield 3, this is not a problem. In MW3, a game is ruined the moment a player with an aim-bot or with the ability to see/shoot through walls enters the game. You can be having a blast playing and then the cheaters/hackers ruin it for everybody. This Really Needs to be addressed in a game update or something. Again, I love both MW3 and BF3. Both are great in their own right. Hope this helps. Expand
  32. Jan 8, 2012
    While I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game itself, one of my biggest gripes is with the prelude narration which sounds like it's being spoken by someone who's about 16 or 17 years old. Other than that, it's a great game with a lot of action and cinematic sequences.
  33. Aug 6, 2012
    This game is just crap. The PC version is the worst port I've ever seen. Even when you set it to 1080p it renders it in some crappy Sub-HD resolution. And the spawn system is just a piece of **** Half the time you spawn right in front of your enemy. Don't buy this piece of ****
  34. Jan 10, 2012
    Played Battlefield series for years but not really a fan boy of it,, just liked the game play and the size of the maps. Well I went and purchased COD MW3 thought it would be at least near the BF experience,, not even close,,,,spec-ops and campaign were OK,, but multi-player blows chunks,, to game console-ish for me,,way too small maps. Game play is set-up for kids,,every map is a meleePlayed Battlefield series for years but not really a fan boy of it,, just liked the game play and the size of the maps. Well I went and purchased COD MW3 thought it would be at least near the BF experience,, not even close,,,,spec-ops and campaign were OK,, but multi-player blows chunks,, to game console-ish for me,,way too small maps. Game play is set-up for kids,,every map is a melee free for all, no team work happens. Video is at the most 1024x768 screen size blown up for higher res. screens. Totally made for the BOXES and not the PC and it shows. It gets a 2 rating for spec-ops and campaign but just barely.....â Expand
  35. Jan 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Expand
  36. Jan 15, 2012
    Multi-player has potential to be good but isnt - unbalanced guns, bad 'Lag compensations' and the developers pretended to care about what the good players wanted by issuing a gun re-balancing patch but the changes are unnoticeable . The former community manager Robert "Trolling" Bowling stated at E3 "There is no last stand.... f*ck you last stand" but proceeded to have deathstreaksMulti-player has potential to be good but isnt - unbalanced guns, bad 'Lag compensations' and the developers pretended to care about what the good players wanted by issuing a gun re-balancing patch but the changes are unnoticeable . The former community manager Robert "Trolling" Bowling stated at E3 "There is no last stand.... f*ck you last stand" but proceeded to have deathstreaks -including Final Stand... They also have just bad Theater Mode but you have to be online to record previous matches and it removes the first 3-5 seconds of clips (or just makes them look bad in some way or another) Spec ops is good and survival is good, single player missions are good but all not great. Overall a not great game about 2/10 Expand
  37. Jan 16, 2012
    Very disappointed in this game. No innovation, same past game repackaged. Same kill streak system, same type of icon style, same prestige system, same same same. Played through the FP mode on hard in less than 3 hours. Cheating is out of control. No Anti-cheat system. No real dedicated server system, so you can't play with your friends or play in modes that you like. IWnet is a bland p2pVery disappointed in this game. No innovation, same past game repackaged. Same kill streak system, same type of icon style, same prestige system, same same same. Played through the FP mode on hard in less than 3 hours. Cheating is out of control. No Anti-cheat system. No real dedicated server system, so you can't play with your friends or play in modes that you like. IWnet is a bland p2p system that tries to make everyone happy and fails. Absolutely not worth $60 or even $40. Expand
  38. Jan 17, 2012
    It's not even funny guys... I'm not a Call of Duty fan but if you are, they're not going to try if you'll just blindly buy anything that they put out.
  39. Jan 17, 2012
    Okay this game sucks. Ive played about 50 hours of multiplayer now and I think I can give a fair review of this game. First there is no controller support lovely. Second there is no elite which everyone but pc gets. Third there are so many aimbot modders that it makes the game almost impossible to play thanks for caring about the consumer. Fourth steady aim is retarded no one aims down theOkay this game sucks. Ive played about 50 hours of multiplayer now and I think I can give a fair review of this game. First there is no controller support lovely. Second there is no elite which everyone but pc gets. Third there are so many aimbot modders that it makes the game almost impossible to play thanks for caring about the consumer. Fourth steady aim is retarded no one aims down the sights anymore and the fng I think there called are way overpowered. Fifth im not paying 15 dollars for more dlc. Sixth the game lags so bad its not even funny. Seventh there are no dedicated servers for ranked again thanks. Eighth The single player campaign took me 4 hours to finish. ninth the looks are exactly the same as the past call of duty's way to go for innovation. Tenth and finally support for three monitors is s*** not all of us are poor and only have one monitor thank you very much. I just want to say activision you got me again I buy each and every call of duty like an ignorant fool NEVER AGAIN next time I go around a corner and get killed by a player with an aimbot I will picture your face being blown off. Expand
  40. Jan 19, 2012
    This actually, wasn't too bad, but probably only worth it to finish up the Modern Warfare storyline.

I've always favored Infinity Ward iterations of the COD franchise, and to be honest, I wasn't expecting MW3 to actually be released after that issue a while back of Activision kicking quite a few of the Infinity Ward team off the project. Now, the single player of MW3 is very good, voice

Now, the single player of MW3 is very good, voice acting is nice, the storyline isn't hard to follow, even ties in with scenes from COD4 and MW2, the graphics are crisp and rich in detail, not to mention the campaign's ending was actually quite satisfying. The gameplay is more or less the same as MW2 with new weapons, a new campaign that continues right where MW2 left off, and adds a few new characters. Whether or not you class this as a bad thing is up to you, I'll personally admit yes it did get a little repetitive later on in the game.

I'm quite reclusive and most of my internet time was spent on dialup / satellite internet so I never quite got around to playing multiplayer, but I hear a lot of complaints about the matchmaking system. To be honest I feel the matchmaking should stay with the game consoles.. or as a secondary option with the choice of a server browser, so you have a choice with either a casual match with random people or a good game with people you know from a clan. (Off the record.. Just my opinion, Call of Duty's multiplayer is not deep like the fans say. To be honest it hasn't really changed much since COD4.)

And of course, I'm going to cite my protest at Activision with their greed. 15 dollars for a DLC is insane, I could wait for one of Steam's holiday sales and get 3 or 4 full games for the price. Hell, I even grabbed BOTH Mass Effect 1 and 2 for a total of 5 dollars less than one of the Call of Duty DLCs. Not to mention their absolutely stupid decision to cancel popular game series' like Guitar Hero, Its a no brainer why EA is kicking their arses royally right now.
  41. Jan 21, 2012
    Activition made a great mistake letting the game release AFTER battlefield 3 (a masterpiece). The game showed almost no change, They've made a few things. True, but my personal opinion is DISAPPOINTED. I really am.

I played the whole campaign, yes, but just to finish the story, but not with the desire of enjoying the game as I did with the previews ones. It is just a shame. I just had more expectations, I this killed all. I don't know, I feel sorry for the game as a part of our lives, because everyone loved this as much as I did and much more, much they did not put too much effort on developping this final chapter.

I believe that this company must try a little harder next time, because I don't know if I will be buying another Call Of Duty in a future.
  42. Jan 22, 2012
    Very bad multiplayer game 10/2. I think infinity ward died for this game. Too many ppl said "such multiplayer game". MW2 >Cod 4>MW3 Call of duty going to dying. Too many lag, overpowerd weapons etc. Watch lag problem in youtube. Too many ppl ask this problem 2 month ago. But COD not answer.
  43. Jan 23, 2012
    By far, the worst in the series. Singleplayer and spec ops are great; but spec ops gets kinda boring over long stretches even though its great. Singleplayer loses replay value after second time through or first through on Veteran. Multiplayer is complete garbage. Unbalanced, terrible level design, even MORE focused on killstreaks. Good music, good sound. Graphics are still same old sameBy far, the worst in the series. Singleplayer and spec ops are great; but spec ops gets kinda boring over long stretches even though its great. Singleplayer loses replay value after second time through or first through on Veteran. Multiplayer is complete garbage. Unbalanced, terrible level design, even MORE focused on killstreaks. Good music, good sound. Graphics are still same old same old. Gold camos are done in a stupid way; if you don't have specular maps the entire gun is chocolate brown. would've been better if they'd done it the same way as in CoD4. MW2-style red dot sight is missing, even though it was in a trailer. Horrid community. IW has forgotten that PC got them out there in the first place, and now they're giving us the finger. I'm no longer buying anything by Infinity Ward. Ever. Expand
  44. Feb 1, 2012
    I find it unfortunate that we have sold, this game is a continuation of MW2, I regret spending money on this game because it is full of cheats aimbot and wh, is the game that most campers have and not to mention the fmg dual weapons, weapons that kill so excessive as p90 unlisted, mp7 is extresante play online with people using aimbot and traps, steam forgets to ban cheating players, hostI find it unfortunate that we have sold, this game is a continuation of MW2, I regret spending money on this game because it is full of cheats aimbot and wh, is the game that most campers have and not to mention the fmg dual weapons, weapons that kill so excessive as p90 unlisted, mp7 is extresante play online with people using aimbot and traps, steam forgets to ban cheating players, host to lag and finally the DLC seem a shame having to pay for the price so high with 5 maps, this is my opinio and I am very disappointed with the game because players only benefit novice and pro players give us a disadvantage in many ways, a greeting and this is my note Expand
  45. Feb 3, 2012
    This is more of an expansion than a stand alone game. No servers, no proper spawn system, nothing new at all, no more Activision for me. Fanboys will be fanboys, and you can whatever you want about sales but lets face it CoD does not look good, or play well and there are thousands of games you could buy for the price of this garbage.
  46. Feb 3, 2012
    wow 2 damn bullets to head from sniper and he's still walking, gj...... than shotguns 3 shoots from close range to kill( expect overpowerd striker), when we are at striker i just got 360 noscope with that sniper ...... than hitbox sux badly , small map, same engine
  47. Feb 6, 2012
    Same **** old graphics Modern warfare 2,5 ; / Better play on free Modern warafre 3 http://altermw3.net/ For free ; ) This is bad how Infinity ward take care about PC gamers ; (
  48. Feb 16, 2012
    Just downloaded this via Steam due to their free weekend for the multiplayer, and it has to be said that this is not a new game. Instead, it is a re-skinned version of modern warfare 2, which was good at the time. However, times change, and shooters get BETTER, they usually dont work well when they go backwards like this one did. Graphics are nothing to write home about. Probably the worstJust downloaded this via Steam due to their free weekend for the multiplayer, and it has to be said that this is not a new game. Instead, it is a re-skinned version of modern warfare 2, which was good at the time. However, times change, and shooters get BETTER, they usually dont work well when they go backwards like this one did. Graphics are nothing to write home about. Probably the worst thing about these games is the community that surrounds these games. The only people who seem to play these games, or at least the only people that are yelling, are the lame frat boys and overall losers who think that being good at this game actually means something. Additionally, they get upset when someone does well with a gun that the developers put into the game, deciding that it is cheap or something. In short, if you want to play a GOOD shooter, you would be wise to pick up a copy of Battlefield 3. This game is a waste of money. End of story Expand
  49. Feb 19, 2012
    Unplayable due to "Lag Compensation" that they have employed. Those that don't have the internet connection needed to play the game get "compensated" for the low speed and high ping rates. Fire multiple rounds with no hit, but killed with one bullet or while behind a solid barrier. Only reason it got a "2" is because the game ran nicely on an older video card, but the "LC" killed my desireUnplayable due to "Lag Compensation" that they have employed. Those that don't have the internet connection needed to play the game get "compensated" for the low speed and high ping rates. Fire multiple rounds with no hit, but killed with one bullet or while behind a solid barrier. Only reason it got a "2" is because the game ran nicely on an older video card, but the "LC" killed my desire for the game. Expand
  50. Feb 19, 2012
    Why release a new game if you're not going to change anything. I felt as though I was just playing MW2. The online multiplayer was particularly underwhelming, small maps, all of urban combat. So disappointed.
  51. Mar 4, 2012
    It's the worst CoD they made so far... It's visible that this sledgehammer or wtf developed it. Graphics are like a 5-years-old game's graphics. Our beloved IWnet hasn't changed anything, ofc, you can find the habitual dose of lag on every server, so I'm now not surprised if I shoot someone but can't hit him and eventually, even he kills me. They managed to make the create-a-class menu aIt's the worst CoD they made so far... It's visible that this sledgehammer or wtf developed it. Graphics are like a 5-years-old game's graphics. Our beloved IWnet hasn't changed anything, ofc, you can find the habitual dose of lag on every server, so I'm now not surprised if I shoot someone but can't hit him and eventually, even he kills me. They managed to make the create-a-class menu a bit complicated... It's simply terrible. Those many killstreak rewards are totally unmanageable and confusing. To be honest they chose the wrong tactics. I think they didn't have any idea how to develope the gameplay, so they made the menu worse. At least the singe player was fun, that's why I give it 1 point. To sum it up, it's clearly not worth its price. I'm already looking forward to Black Ops 2 and hope that it'll bring redemption, because I love Black Ops, even if it has some tiny bugs. Good advice: Be cautious! Don't believe the trailers! Wait for a thorough gameplay review, and as a result you won't waste 60â Expand
  52. Mar 7, 2012
    I have all CoD, and this is a big FAIL! I have some question's. Why we still have 2nd chance? Noo soory we have 2x 2nd chance ( normaly 2nd chance and with C4) why we have commando?? Why we dont have server dedic? Activision is a one big LIAR!! This game is the worst ever CoD! I give only 1/10 why because this game normaly run. If you play MW, MW2 then dont buy MW3 but if you dont play MWI have all CoD, and this is a big FAIL! I have some question's. Why we still have 2nd chance? Noo soory we have 2x 2nd chance ( normaly 2nd chance and with C4) why we have commando?? Why we dont have server dedic? Activision is a one big LIAR!! This game is the worst ever CoD! I give only 1/10 why because this game normaly run. If you play MW, MW2 then dont buy MW3 but if you dont play MW or MW3 then you can buy MW3 BUT this is suicide Expand
  53. Mar 7, 2012
    I used to be a COD fan. However, this MW3 will definitely be my last COD game, last game made by IW. This company is a big liar. Essentially, MW3 is made up of copy&paste from MW2 and BLOPS. It's a pure waste of both our money and our time. Before the release of the game, some dude from the company claimed that they'd successfully handled the cheating and connection problem which hadI used to be a COD fan. However, this MW3 will definitely be my last COD game, last game made by IW. This company is a big liar. Essentially, MW3 is made up of copy&paste from MW2 and BLOPS. It's a pure waste of both our money and our time. Before the release of the game, some dude from the company claimed that they'd successfully handled the cheating and connection problem which had haunted MW2. Isn't this a big joke? Can you please play just ONE ground war game on your PC, Mr. Robert Bowling? I understand you want our money desperately. What I cannot accept is you've been cheating on us in such a blatant way. I am feeling sick. Good bye, COD. Expand
  54. Mar 13, 2012
    I have read every review here. After beating the single-player, prestiging several times in the multiplayer, and becoming and ELITE member myself, I can honestly say it was all one big waste of money. The only reason I bought all that **** was because my friends are obsessed with this garbage. Sure it can be fun at times but wow I was surprised at how quickly things got old. Bottom lineI have read every review here. After beating the single-player, prestiging several times in the multiplayer, and becoming and ELITE member myself, I can honestly say it was all one big waste of money. The only reason I bought all that **** was because my friends are obsessed with this garbage. Sure it can be fun at times but wow I was surprised at how quickly things got old. Bottom line is: There are sooooooo many fresher, more innovative games out there. Even many new sequels I know of have brought something legit to the table. Call of Duty MW3 is stuck in 2009. There's not enough NEW innovation to consider this game a worthy standalone game or a sequel to the original two. I suppose after beating Crysis about 50 times back in 2008 I've been spoiled ever since. Well, maybe it was half-life 2? Hell Half-Life 1 is more interesting than this. Ah so many games just **** on this piece of garbage. Expand
  55. Mar 25, 2012
    IW and Activision milking the cow yet again, adding a few new skins and maps onto the old engine that hasn't changed since COD4.

The multiplayer is tripe of the worst kind. Killstreaks and perks may provide some fun for the console kiddies, but offer mature gamers no sense of enjoyment when the match boils down to a slaughter fest. Can't wait for every COD release on November, as I'll be

Can't wait for every COD release on November, as I'll be giving them all a 0 until IW/Activision go back to their roots, and stop screwing over gamers.
  56. Mar 29, 2012
    The hype made me buy this game on release day and what a surprise it was - a really bad one. The singleplayer story is boring and uninspired, at least average gamers will be able to get through it in 4 - 5 hours (that's a good thing in this case). The multiplayer is why I bought this game and that's where MW3 just falls apart. The maps are small and literally cluttered with obstacles,The hype made me buy this game on release day and what a surprise it was - a really bad one. The singleplayer story is boring and uninspired, at least average gamers will be able to get through it in 4 - 5 hours (that's a good thing in this case). The multiplayer is why I bought this game and that's where MW3 just falls apart. The maps are small and literally cluttered with obstacles, turning every match into a huge hip fire fest. Some weapons are unbalanced, the SPAS12 is extremely weak compared to what it was in MW2, certain akimbo weapons are used exclusively like primary weapons although they're secondary...
    There's a lot of really negative things to say about this game, pretty much all of which have been mentioned in other reviews already. All I want to say about this is that I wasted 60$, I feel stupid for doing so and I will never buy a Call of Duty game ever again.
  57. Mar 31, 2012
    well for me the game is very enjoyable and gameplay is awsome ... BUT i am giving the game score of Z E R **** O because!!!!!! There are hackers everywhere. and when you go to forums to talk about it. Some of the idiots take thier side. i mean we know the difference between wallhack and aimbot !i dont understand why arnt they doing anything! im never buying this call of **** again!
  58. Apr 19, 2012
    I have been playing this game on PC for a while now and this game is only getting worse. Hackers are everywhere, at least one in every 5 games and this is literally an hour after the new patch came out. There is no Elite and virtually no support for the PC at all. When i say no support, I went go to the real time activison support thing and they just tell you anything. The guy asked me ifI have been playing this game on PC for a while now and this game is only getting worse. Hackers are everywhere, at least one in every 5 games and this is literally an hour after the new patch came out. There is no Elite and virtually no support for the PC at all. When i say no support, I went go to the real time activison support thing and they just tell you anything. The guy asked me if I played on decanted servers. I asked them what I should do about hackers when I have their steam ID and video proof, and they do nothing, say nothing besides "ill send this along" and "have a nice day". Never going to buy another infinity ward product again. This game has spoiled COD for me. Pity, this used to be a great series. Expand
  59. Apr 26, 2012
    2.0 is too high a rating for this game. PC is supported horribly and the game itself is a mess. Completing the single player campaign takes about 4 hours, but the multi player part takes the cake - map design in MW3 is bad beyond words. Worse than Black Ops, much much worse than in MW2. Ground war lobbies are full of hackers, guns are too powerful (think stopping power pro x2 on every2.0 is too high a rating for this game. PC is supported horribly and the game itself is a mess. Completing the single player campaign takes about 4 hours, but the multi player part takes the cake - map design in MW3 is bad beyond words. Worse than Black Ops, much much worse than in MW2. Ground war lobbies are full of hackers, guns are too powerful (think stopping power pro x2 on every weapon by default), hip fire spraying and playing is the only way to get kills. There's no ranked dedicated servers, either. I wasted 60 Dollars on this game -fortunately, I didn't pre-order additional multiplayer maps. After all I've seen of this game, I wouldn't want them anymore. Expand
  60. Apr 28, 2012
    This game is just not finished.
    They copied so many things from previous Call of Duties.
    I am not a BF3 fanboy or something, i am a huge cod 4 and 5 fan.
    But the last 3 Cods just didn't feel right.
    Sorry but this score has to be low for me.
  61. Apr 29, 2012
    Well, maybe this game would make me a pleasure but two years ago in mw2. I just fell raped by activision because of buying the same **** Well, may mw2 was great, but if i want to play mw2, i will just turn on it, mw3 should improve gameplay on this old graphic engine. Kotick just laught because all of you where a big part of his joke. I think that BO2 won't in any way different than this ****
  62. May 16, 2012
    Original MW and MW2 were better. It is not a game, it's a movie with bad graphics. My score for this like a movie - 9, because I have got great fillings watching visual effects. But my score like a game - 5 or 6. I hate shooting in MW3.
  63. May 19, 2012
    This game is just a troll, very bad game, bad graphism, bad gameplay, bad communauty 10 years old kids, map of **** , dlc at 10-15 doll for **** map . And more .........
  64. May 28, 2012
    Let's just forget for a second that this game is completely overhyped. Let's forget that it's overrated. Let's just focus on the gameplay of this terrible piece of crap. Imbalanced weapons? Check. Ugly-looking maps with way too much clutter? Check. Boring single-player campaign with predictable "set pieces" (if they even deserve to be called that)? Checkaroo. Yup, this game is loaded withLet's just forget for a second that this game is completely overhyped. Let's forget that it's overrated. Let's just focus on the gameplay of this terrible piece of crap. Imbalanced weapons? Check. Ugly-looking maps with way too much clutter? Check. Boring single-player campaign with predictable "set pieces" (if they even deserve to be called that)? Checkaroo. Yup, this game is loaded with content. Content that makes you wonder how and why people even play this piece of absolute rubbish. Expand
  65. Jun 4, 2012
    I will not cover the single player since most ppl play COD for its multiplayer IMO anyway. I have played a few of COD games in the series and sunk a decent number of hours into them, including black ops and MW2, and I must say that MW3 is shockingly poor (and with no surprise this seems to be reflected by the majority). There are probably 2 main things that make this game terrible, andI will not cover the single player since most ppl play COD for its multiplayer IMO anyway. I have played a few of COD games in the series and sunk a decent number of hours into them, including black ops and MW2, and I must say that MW3 is shockingly poor (and with no surprise this seems to be reflected by the majority). There are probably 2 main things that make this game terrible, and that is, incredibly poor map design and broken game mechanics. The maps are all very small filled with cluttered terain and objects, and random spawns that the game has lost a sense of tactics, as action packed "running and gunning" no longer tends to work as well as it did in the past in previous games (which is what made the series fun and skill based IMO), since spawns are very close together and often enemies will respawn right near you, or even behind you without warning (and because of this they have the heads up of where you are and where you are going, killing the element of surprise). And in comparison with B:O and MW2, I would say that its significantly far worse, to the point that it becomes a serious drag. Many weapons are also made redundant or less effective due to map sizes. I myself have always particularly preferred med-range combat with ARs and occasional sniping, however, most battles you encounter will be in close quarter range, usually favouring SMGs or OP akimbos or other faster firing weapons, which sort of kills the diversity. As for the broken game mechanics, I will start with the Fov. Its been a while since i played MW3 online so im not sure if it is fixed, but last i played there was terrible FoV, which i believe was 60. It was disorientating at times and there were even reports of ppl suffering from headaches and nausea. It also constricted your peripheral view, which is vital in shooters (I used to rely on it a lot in MW2 and Black Ops). Fortunately there was a Fov-hack released that corrected this, but regardless, this shows that the game is just a console-port and the fact that it wasnt fixed in the time I was playing it shows the developers did not care about the community much. Which brings me to my next point. Lag and Hit Registration, possibly the biggest game breaking component of the game. I have a very fast connection and even though in black ops and MW2 there was occasional lag and hit registration problems,It was generally acceptable, but MW3 was something else, it was terrible, almost unplayable at times. Often i found myself shooting at enemies first but the hits would not register and then return fire from the enemy AFTER I had shot 5 or 10 rounds would kill me. It could be argued that perhaps I was just a poor shot, however in black Ops and MW2 I generally ranked in the highest end on score board and had a KDR of 2.00+ in both games (not trying to brag simply making a point with evidence), and I generally had no issue regging shots most of the time. If you looked also at times on the enemy kill cam, you would also see that things dnt match up.Bullets would be flying past the enemy FAR deviated from their screen even tho you may have been directly aiming at them, or shots the enemy fired that were just all over the place but somehow hit and killed you, or odd delays where your character appeared to be doing things much later than actually happened. I dnt believe I was the only one suffering from these problems. So this brings me finally to my summary, I can not possibly give this game more than a 0, it is appalling and possibly one of the worst games of many that I have ever played (and yes i have played a number of other shooters too). I think the intention of the developers was to solely sell this game on hype, without an ounce of care for customer satisfaction and support for the community. But it makes sense I suppose since what a lot of ppl dnt realise is that Infinity Ward is basically a shell now, since a large portion recently abandoned the company over law suits with Activision during the making of MW3. Avoid this game at all costs, it is a shell of what the COD series once was, just like its creators. Expand
  66. Jun 14, 2012
    Its the best game i've ever played, also it is better than Battlefield 3, I don't understand why the User Scores are so much less....for MW3. Also it has a great ending than Battlefield 3. Think so the next version i.e. Black Ops 2 will be Awesome...All the best COD...
  67. Jul 2, 2012
    Worst game ever. I DONT RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO ANYONE. this game is the most repetitive trash game out there. MP7 is the most OP gun in the game, as usual, using this gun renders almost EVERY GUN useless. cod4 is the only cod out there. mw2 and "mw2.1" is trash. i cant believe this game was even close to hyped up, its so bad. hackers, laggers, retarded killstreaks... COD is such a deadWorst game ever. I DONT RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO ANYONE. this game is the most repetitive trash game out there. MP7 is the most OP gun in the game, as usual, using this gun renders almost EVERY GUN useless. cod4 is the only cod out there. mw2 and "mw2.1" is trash. i cant believe this game was even close to hyped up, its so bad. hackers, laggers, retarded killstreaks... COD is such a dead game, i dont get why people still play this trash Expand
  68. Jul 10, 2012
    This is the only game I loathe with all of my being. I bought it to play with my friends after having loved MW1 (on PC) for many years, playing MW2 (also on PC) with my friends and enjoying it and even some Black Ops on 360.
    The graphics are horrible, they look like a blurry cross between MW1 and MW2. The game play is the most annoying I have ever seen and will probably ever see. You die before you hear your enemies shoot and sometimes even before you see them. You're gun shoots, you hear the shot, you die immediately after that and yet your last shot didn't fire. Why in that case would it bother making the sound of the gun firing? I quit the game for 3 months, came back to try playing with friends, and can't even stand to play a full game.
  69. Jul 13, 2012
    I used to be a CoD fan.
    Unfortunately, Activision is abusing my trust.
    They have released essentially the same game three times, with different textures and slightly new guns You may say "Why fix what isn't broke?" It is still a fun game, with aspects of which show the light of being a series as refined as CoD. The campaign is still decent, the multiplayer excellent especially with
    I used to be a CoD fan.
    Unfortunately, Activision is abusing my trust.
    The campaign is still decent, the multiplayer excellent especially with friends and spec ops is always great.
    MW3 is a good game, but it has to be rated less because it is the same as previous CoD's
    If you want a quick, fun, shoot-fest then CoD: MW3 is your best bet, if you want something with more depth than a spoon, consult Valve
  70. Jul 17, 2012
    I played through CoD 4 until CoD Black ops, and i borrowed MW3 from a friend. I can't believe how a developer dares to recycle the same thing every single year, and still people buy it. The only good thing you can expect from CoD is the zombies mode, which is not featured in any of infinity ward's games.
  71. Aug 8, 2012
    franchement j'ai était déçu ! un moteur graphique super vieux et réutilisé depuis cod 4. pour quand allons nous avoir quelque chose qui soit a la hauteur de bf3et bientot bf4 ? il serai Temp de se bougé car ses du grand n'importe quoi surtout que Activision va jusqu'à quémander des meilleur score au joueur sur meta critique.
  72. Aug 29, 2012
    MW1-MW2-MW3, i liked all the games very much. Though MW1 is the best, others are not so bad at all. We hope the next one will be more attractive than this one.
  73. Aug 24, 2012
    This game is terrible. Honestly, I had hope for this game, I really did. I liked World at War, loved Black Ops, but never really liked the Modern Warfare series. I thought they became more **** as they went along. I saw MW3 as a final, redeeming factor for Sledgehammer Games. And wouldn't ya know it, they screwed themselves 3 ways to Tuesday with a 12 foot pole. Story was never that goodThis game is terrible. Honestly, I had hope for this game, I really did. I liked World at War, loved Black Ops, but never really liked the Modern Warfare series. I thought they became more **** as they went along. I saw MW3 as a final, redeeming factor for Sledgehammer Games. And wouldn't ya know it, they screwed themselves 3 ways to Tuesday with a 12 foot pole. Story was never that good to begin with, but now it's just "Kill these guys because you have been for the last 2 **** games, wouldn't want any good plot change or something GOOD". Or, as I like to call it "Shoot the minorities". Multiplayer is just a waste of time. All people to is spam the most OP guns and then rant abount how good they are. Spec Ops is ok at best, hardlly a redeaming factor. Overall, buy MW1. It's $40 less and it's light years better than this game. Expand
  74. Sep 25, 2012
    Great game. Interesting story and good multiplayer. Always loved the game from Infinity Ward. I hope that the next part of the Modern Warfare franchise will only get better
  75. Oct 6, 2012
    Really, REALLY horrible game, old and dusty multiplayer, crappy 4 hr. campaign, basically MW2 repackaged, which was COD4 repackaged, lacks any originality.
  76. Oct 10, 2012
    I do not know why are people hating on this game..Oh wait I do know why are people hating..cuz about 95% who gave negative reviews are little battlefield 3 fanboys..ok lets cut to the chase..the campaign is short...really short but almost nobody played the campaign all to the end...cuz everybody plays the multiplayer and thats the important thing.. Its kinda similar to mw2 and graphicsI do not know why are people hating on this game..Oh wait I do know why are people hating..cuz about 95% who gave negative reviews are little battlefield 3 fanboys..ok lets cut to the chase..the campaign is short...really short but almost nobody played the campaign all to the end...cuz everybody plays the multiplayer and thats the important thing.. Its kinda similar to mw2 and graphics arent as good a bf3 but the gameplay is good its almost the same as the old counter strike 1.6 the graphics were bad but the game had a really fun mp gameplay..but there is a really big problem as in every multiplayer game and that are CHEATERS... Expand
  77. Oct 26, 2012
    My advice is find another game to play the COD managers are only interested in ripping us gamers off.
    MW3 at the moment is full of hackers and this game will only get the same treatment as MW3 so id advise u get another game and save ur cash.
    Personaly id like all people who are into COD games like myself to boycot any COD game till activision and IW get their fingers out their backsides and fix the problems of the games first.
  78. Oct 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single player is good but not the best, i tough it was better. Spec ops is really nice, it is big fun with friends. The multiplayer is full of hackers, the CoD support is bad, they will make their work better. Next bad is akimbo and overpowered guns, I hate FMG9 akimbo, it's too strong, but other guns is better, graphics is bad, it needs more work on it, maps is good, I like lockdown, because it's map from Czech republic and I live here, best is hardhat and dome for me, but maps like downturn, interchange etc. is really bad. MW3 is good game, but can be better, I hope the MW4 will be better.(sorry for bad english, im not best in this language) -Tukan Expand
  79. Nov 1, 2012
    Three things:
    *Infinity ward broke the online matching system on Modern Warfare 2, thus "forcing" you to buy MWF3 to play the same game. Ripoff.
    * IT'S TRUE! They have copied everything from past games. Ripoff.
    * It's full of cheaters!
  80. Nov 22, 2012
    I played half of the first campaign level and became bored instantly, so cliche and same old graphics and effects. a few games of multiplayer were okay, so similar to mw2... how can they resell this and put a 3 on the end?? it's basically a map pack for mw2! i've been a diehard cod fan since cod 1 but this is rubbish, activision know they just need a successive number to earn big money
  81. Nov 28, 2012
    Full cheaters here, and Activision dont make nothing about it!. And Activision dont make nothing about it!. That is very sad. That is 60 buck to the trash!
  82. Dec 9, 2012
    I can honestly say that this game was the biggest **** You to the face to all the fans of the COD franchise. I cannot find any positive about this game and this is clear evidence Infinity Ward doesn't give the slightest **** about their customers and especially on PC. Poorly coded game, every second game flooded with hackers, no ranked dedicated servers, and the game engine that has beenI can honestly say that this game was the biggest **** You to the face to all the fans of the COD franchise. I cannot find any positive about this game and this is clear evidence Infinity Ward doesn't give the slightest **** about their customers and especially on PC. Poorly coded game, every second game flooded with hackers, no ranked dedicated servers, and the game engine that has been same since cod 4. I'm not a graphic whore but the graphics and especially the gun sounds are damn joke considering it's ****ing 2011. Plus the support package along with deathstreaks? I cannot belive they put this **** to reward the bad players. How lovely it is to get killstreak ruined by 3 stealth bombers and emps in a single game or a player using final stand which was asked to be taken out since mw2. BO2 is the last chance for me and if it sucks I'm never coming back to COD again. Expand
  83. Oct 14, 2013
    Technically, graphics and netcode sucks, that's it. The sound looked good to me.
    Single player's gameplay and plot is mediocre, i'd say it doesn't worth to play it.
    Multiplayer: the death of competition. Also, don't understand why the game doesn't support servers! To prevent it from becoming better? The co-op, if it would have dedicated server, would had the possibility to be good. But often the lag ruins it (I ping 90-110 with other games, with this more than 160)
  84. Apr 2, 2013
    graphics and AI are major downgrade after MW2
    story is very simple, predictable
    musics/effects feel like hitting kettle with spoon after MW2 with Hans Zimmer
  85. Oct 7, 2013
    It's my first CoD, but i thought it was really good at the time i got it. It's still my favorite game for Ps3. I own Bf3 Premium, but it was so boring. In Mw3 you just: pick up your controller and play. Not get baseraped, not be able to use 10% of your guns because admins want it, get killed by a chopper 30 times in one round, and so on... I think it deserves a good rating for a game, thatIt's my first CoD, but i thought it was really good at the time i got it. It's still my favorite game for Ps3. I own Bf3 Premium, but it was so boring. In Mw3 you just: pick up your controller and play. Not get baseraped, not be able to use 10% of your guns because admins want it, get killed by a chopper 30 times in one round, and so on... I think it deserves a good rating for a game, that was made in half a year. And to everyone who never played it and only plays Bf3: Battlefield 3 DOES NOT have better gunplay. I don't know where you got that. Bf3 has better graphics, but the textures suck. The controls are better and the game is more skilled in mupltiplayer. Not that Bf3 players are bad but me being a newbie on Bf3 servers and getting 5 people knifed instantly. That's just lame. Expand
  86. Jan 22, 2014
    Hackers, lag, and lag compensation ruined this game!!! The multiplayer is broken, and this is coming from a guy who is an experienced COD player. I played all COD up to MW3, and stopped buying this crappy series after this POS game. Until they fix their game, Activision will not get any more of my hard earned money!
  87. Apr 4, 2014
    Call of duty modern warfare 3 is probably my favorite game in the series.
    Unlike Black ops and Black ops two that were basically two piles of innovative ****
    The sniping in modern warfare 3 is spot on, the best in the series by far and really fun. The story was meh but noone buys a call of duty for the story. The multiplayer is fantastic with new killstreak rewards, Support streaks
    Call of duty modern warfare 3 is probably my favorite game in the series.
    The sniping in modern warfare 3 is spot on, the best in the series by far
    and really fun.
    The story was meh but noone buys a call of duty for the story.
    The multiplayer is fantastic with new killstreak rewards, Support streaks and specialist rewards wich brought a new level to an already great game.

And if you rated this game low because of it not being innovative enough then **** off. Call of duty is a series of games were tradition is key.
  88. May 22, 2014
    it is great lalalalalalallalalalalalalalalalalalalallalalalalalalallalalalalal and it is noob. bananananananananananannanananananann dnsedfjvgehyfvehfvyejfdgerfbhuregfrhjkbefjkrhbjkgruifgrgyurf4ryufv4rguie4gfuo
  89. Sep 10, 2014
    Call of Duty really a wonder game ever. i played it many times ... regularly played its latest level and all. All over nice game. nothing to say.
    Call of Duty totally action game.
  90. Dec 24, 2014
    This game gives us laptop owners 60 frames per second on a full screen resolution. You can't get any more entertainment and multiplayer value than this game if you have a laptop and are being left out by poor frame rates because of excessive details that are pumped into games that have little to no effect on core gameplay, which is what this game is all about not just in terms of lowThis game gives us laptop owners 60 frames per second on a full screen resolution. You can't get any more entertainment and multiplayer value than this game if you have a laptop and are being left out by poor frame rates because of excessive details that are pumped into games that have little to no effect on core gameplay, which is what this game is all about not just in terms of low demanding graphics but of features and mechanics that are based on gun on gun experience with little regards to anything else. MW3 doesn't have a lack of mobility (long pauses in sprinting and movement that jeopardize your health) in Black Op games and lack of play-style customization and fast paced action in MW2. If I want to play multiplayer right now and don't want anything that to come in my way, MW3 is the way to go. Expand
  91. Jan 9, 2015
    Modern Warfare 3 is like a Michael Bay movie, but worse. Just as Mr. Bay, Infinity Ward rehashes the same material every year.
    Judging by the budget, and the hype around the game it's remarkable how this game not only can't live up to the potentials, but fails as an avarage shooter.

The story is completely garbage (clichés after clichés), the characters aren't interesting (not that i was looking for good dialogue and story in a Call of Duty game).

The graphics are acceptable for 2011 standards, and there were times, when i was really immersed by the use of lightning and effects. Other than that, the textures are blurry (yes, even with the native settings, it can be ugly sometimes) and the engine is unoptimised.

Now everybody says that the main aspect is multiplayer. It's safe to say, they didn't do anything with it, which is both awkward and good (?).

I'm really curious what did the reviewers smoke when they came up with those review scores, but i find this game a complete waste of time. It offers no content, the single player campaign is a dull shoot-fest, with the stupidest team AI. Even the multiplayer is weak (lack of maps, etc)..

My favorite aspect of the game that it didn't take long to finish.
  92. Jul 25, 2015
    Bad bad bad. no one want to play a game full of KIDs (7-15 years old). It was fun at first then hack come along but the worst is KIDS they are everywhere ruined the whole gaming community :(
  93. Oct 6, 2015
    The game actually nice, the story is very good and multiplayer support, however, the producer forgot to add the LAN system they promised.

I judge the game as they are, proportional, not like "haters" who hate the game
    anyway, score is 8 except there is LAN support.
    And please, disable Lag Conpensation then 9,6 it is
  94. Nov 23, 2015
    very ****.no sushet gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvnnnnnnnooooooooooott
  95. Dec 4, 2015
    Multiplayer is far worse than MW2; the best gun at short, medium and long range is the MP7, which you get at level 74 out of 80. This means that the vets all have a much better gun than the new players, which decreases the quality of the multiplayer experience. Also, no gun should be best at all ranges; each gun should be a tool that works best in particular situations- MW2 did a greatMultiplayer is far worse than MW2; the best gun at short, medium and long range is the MP7, which you get at level 74 out of 80. This means that the vets all have a much better gun than the new players, which decreases the quality of the multiplayer experience. Also, no gun should be best at all ranges; each gun should be a tool that works best in particular situations- MW2 did a great job of this. All the maps are a chore to play; the only fun one is Terminal from MW2. Essentially, they made it so that there is almost no space on the map where you can't be outflanked; ie there is no such thing as a sniper's nest in MW3. While I can understand that the purpose of this was probably to prevent multiplayer gameplay from becoming too repetitive, what happened is that they accidentally stripped all the fun out of the maps. Also, multiplayer is insanely repetitive anyways because of the aforementioned issue with the MP7. And, surprise surprise, not even a token effort has been made to prevent cheating. Thanks, Activision.

I tried the single player campaign but it was too much of a slog so I just put it down.

Overall a cash grab, not worth your time.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay