7.5

1. Nov 2, 2017
    рельсовый шутер это скука смертная, очень уныло:( к сожалению
    Почему я не могу сохранять игру?
    хотя старый добрый кол оф дути я играл давно и было норм
  2. Apr 15, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. La campaña y los customs zombies son muy bueno el muliplayer no tanto pero sigue siendo bueno,hay mapas como minecraft village o leviathan que ponen al juego al limite Expand
  3. Sep 13, 2016
    I think is the most gory call of duty i ever played. This game had some reality situations of WWII. Some of them are so worst parts of the war. It's not a bad game, but is verry short.
  4. Sep 2, 2016
    The game is free to play, it is fun, gripping and addicting.

HOWEVER, The community absolutely destroys this game and its purpose. There are many players from America that tend to stereotype other countries. While the moderators do help players, usually, it is the unregulated chat and the one sided American supremacists that destroy the game experience, with their constant mockery.
    The game is free to play, it is fun, gripping and addicting.

HOWEVER,
    The community absolutely destroys this game and its purpose.
    There are many players from America that tend to stereotype other countries.

Moderators usually side with the Western counterpart if any reports are made against users.

Therefore i give this game a 4 out of 10.
  5. Jul 18, 2016
    A year older than COD4, but a less appealing title. On top of its bad performance for an old game, World at War offers an unattractive storyline and a gameplay that may more or less feel a little older than the first in the MW saga, even though it is actually the other way around.
  6. Rem
    Apr 23, 2016
    World at War for its time, looked to return the franchise back to its WW2 roots almost a year after its most critically acclaimed entry ever. Despite the use of the much loved IW 3.0 engine, which enabled smooth 60 fps despite all the ruckus on screen happening at once, the 5th entry into the mainstream franchise couldn't be much more carbon copy. If you want the best explanation of howWorld at War for its time, looked to return the franchise back to its WW2 roots almost a year after its most critically acclaimed entry ever. Despite the use of the much loved IW 3.0 engine, which enabled smooth 60 fps despite all the ruckus on screen happening at once, the 5th entry into the mainstream franchise couldn't be much more carbon copy. If you want the best explanation of how much of its campaign and multiplayer goes, it's basically a World War 2 skin with bland setpieces and competent era based armaments. Scarcely throughout its 3 (yes I mean THREE) hour campaign did I feel ever feel adrenaline rush. Waw foreshadows what the other COD campaigns would emulate: following this one NPC to the next firing range until you clear it of enemies. The only standouts I could recall were an AC140 copycat mission and a copycat All Ghillied Up mission, albeit both of them being a lower quality. The rest of the brief missions were slogs through explosions and gunfire of killing enemies in front of you and blowing up an artillery gun. No characters ever make you want to remember them since you only get three hours to hear them spout orders and take infinite bullets to their invincible NPC bodies. Luckily, the multiplayer is still the classic COD formula with its twist coming from its weaponry. Fewer automatic weapons entails more tense gunfights, but other that, not much is really elevated or improved.
    The only reason people ever remember WaW is the zombies mode, which is arguably the biggest reason much of the Black Ops series still has relevance. It's incredibly satisfying, tense, and addicting. Joining up with four other players, you fight the undead and stay alive as long as possible. Defeat is inevitable but playing before you reach there is an undeniable blast. Technically WaW for 2008 was very good. Utilizing the engine of COD4 has only helped it with smooth gameplay and the gore manages to pack a punch to every shot.
    Fans who claim that a return to WaW should be mindful that not everything brought back from the past manages to be successful. If the franchise ever comes back to its roots, it should do so by undergoing an identity change. Flashy, scripted setpieces and linear gameplay would only sour the trip back. WaW encompasses everything that haters of this franchise love to poke at: linear campaign, big and constant explosions, characters you can't care about, and identical gameplay. Zombies is its only savior and the only reason this entry isn't looked upon with total disdain.
  7. Apr 16, 2016
    Este es sin dudarlo en mejor COD que e jugado lo recomiendo mucho tanto a los que nunca han jugado a un COD como a los que juegan mucho a los COD modernos. ¿Vale la pena? Si y mucho (IMPORTANTE: en PS3 la comunidad de WAW esta muerta y el online esta lleno de hackers)
  8. Feb 29, 2016
    It's really hard to write anything but "another first person shooter that seems the same". But isn't it supposed to be that way? World at war provides us with decent shooting game with simple story.
  9. Jan 14, 2016
    In the words of the famous Daithi De Nogla, "This game is [freaking] YEEE!!" He has inspired us all to not get this game when he got a teddy bear! We love you, Nogla! Rating the game 10 because I love the content the YouTubers I watch post of this
  10. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  11. Dec 11, 2015
    Good shooter but more emphasis on horror rather than a good experience. Graphics on flame thrower is good. Not a fan of the zombie mode. A bit poor on the story side.
  12. Sep 10, 2015
    ot half Bad.... Overly Manic, and almost the same as COD4 (but with different uniforms and weapons obviously) Graphics are Stunning, Missions ok, gameplay Brutal (Love the Bayonet attack, and the Flamethrower is fun) few graphics glitches, such as Sniper's Gun hangs out in thin air when you kill one in the trees..but this a small problem.
  13. Sep 3, 2015
    call of duty waw is a great cod game. one of the best ww2 shooters ever made. waw is a solid game. but now mulitplayer sucks becuase of modders and hackers. but its still very fun to play! zombies you can mod stuff. and the campaign was very amazing too. buy waw for pc and not ps3 or 360 because of hackers.
  14. Dec 27, 2014
    Call of Duty: World At War. Good grief! I'm reviewing yet another Call of Duty game! Just a day after I got it too! This year I finally warmed up to the Call of Duty franchise, and I actually think that it is better than Battlefield now! Of course, I have not and will not play any of the more recent Call of Duties (after MW2), because I have already heard people hate them. What aboutCall of Duty: World At War. Good grief! I'm reviewing yet another Call of Duty game! Just a day after I got it too! This year I finally warmed up to the Call of Duty franchise, and I actually think that it is better than Battlefield now! Of course, I have not and will not play any of the more recent Call of Duties (after MW2), because I have already heard people hate them. What about this game? This game was released after the original Modern Warfare and before Modern Warfare 2, returns to the series' original World War II setting, and has a different development team working on it. So, is this the kind of experience that will make you want to fight World War II all over again, or will this game make you tired of the WWII shooter genre? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is about the same as the other Call of Duties that came before it. That may be a huge problem now, but when this game was released, no one cared. Basically you go through various battles in World War II as a random soldier in the war, kill as many enemies as you can, and complete various objectives along the way. What this game really succeeds in is that it makes you feel like you are actually in these battles. This game has a very intense atmosphere for each battle you take part in, and it also has infinitely respawning enemies everywhere you go to make it seem like you are in a huge battle. On paper, this seems like it would never work. However, this is Call of Duty. It has worked in the past, and here it is no exception. While the enemies don't have the best AI, the fact that they infinitely respawn makes the battles that much more interesting. The intense atmosphere also helps, as you will see many explosions and hear gunfire to make it seem like the battle is going on all around you. This game being made by a different developer from the previous Call of Duties has also changed a few things about the game. This game is much darker and more mature than the previous Call of Duties. There is a lot more gore in this game than in the previous Call of Duties, and you also get flamethrowers to burn people to death. However, it also has its zany side, with its new added Nazi Zombie survival mode. As fun as all of this sounds, this game is not without its flaws. For instance, there were a few times in the campaign where I died, and I had absolutely no idea what hit me. There was no clear indication of what hit me before I died, and I feel like this is something that the Infinity Ward games were good with. For another, this game's campaign is way too short. Yes, most Call of Duty campaigns are short, but this one was even shorter than the other ones. I managed to beat Infinity Ward's Call of Duties in 6 hours, while it only took me 4 hours to beat this one. However, these flaws are not enough to wear down this game completely. Overall, this game is a blast to play despite its flaws. As for the graphics, they are even better than the gameplay. This game was made on the Modern Warfare engine, which is very good at producing graphics. All of the environments in this game are rich with detail, and are pretty to look at. They are not the best graphics you could get from a game released around this time, but they are still pretty fantastic. As for the story, this story is actually more original than the previous WWII Call of Duties. For instance, there is no British campaign, and the American campaign now focuses on the war in the Pacific Ocean rather than the European front. In other words, the Americans are fighting the Japanese rather than Nazi Germany in this game. This is a side of the war not often shown in video games. It adds a much more unique flair to this game. As I said earlier, this game is much than the previous Call of Duties, so expect that to effect the story as much as the gameplay. The game opens right up with a torture scene for example. Other than these changes however, the game is still very much the standard Call of Duty fair. There are two separate story lines, one focuses on America fighting the Japs, while the other is the stereotypical story in the World War II Call of Duties of the Soviet Russians fighting the Nazis. The story is still great regardless of this however. Overall, while this game is not the perfect Call of Duty, it is still a great game, and well worth your time and money. It is also more unique than most other World War II shooters, focusing on a different side of the war. I recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a more unique World War II shooter, or just another good first person shooter. Either one of these criteria would fit these people perfectly.
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Story: 8/10
    Overall: 8/10
  15. Dec 19, 2014
    World at War has an excellent campaign and a moderate multiplayer. The single player is immersive and engaging. Here is my breakdown:

1. Graphics: 7/10 - not too shabby, well optimized
    2. Gameplay: 5/10 - plays like the original Modern Warfare
    3. Story: 8/10 - interesting, immersive experience as if player were in WW2
    4. Multiplayer: 4/10 - similar to the first MW

Overall, great game.
  16. Nov 24, 2014
    Honestly, this game even looks gore in the true sense. It is very violent and even show an important aspect of the war. Congratulations Treyarch for this game.
  17. Sep 13, 2014
    Hail to the WW2 veterans with Treyarch.
    Very excellent campaign in the video game history,though containing some glitches and sometimes functions with bad optimization.
    The best figured war feeling shooter game which makes the relentless war fighting and the fragility of individual lives on the battle ground that beyonds human tolerence.THIS GAME MAKES YOU HATE THE WARS.
  18. Aug 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best cod ever made period. The guns are amazing voice acting is good and the visuals can stand up even to this day well designed multiple game modes and millions of custom zombies maps for when the trey arch made ones get boring there is a good server for Tdm that is well active I play on personally every other day Anarchy fast xp it's Tdm and has increased Xp per kill for faster level up times. Switching to campaign it has one of the most immersive in cods history with great characters and a sad decision in the last mission well worth 20$ A true blast from the past Expand
  19. Jul 18, 2014
    Un bon call of duty en général : La campagne se déroulant pendant la seconde guerre mondial est très intéressante , ainsi que le mode zombie qui fait son apparition avec 4 map assez bonne en général .
  20. Jun 15, 2014
    Best game in whole Call of Duty Series, I love the story and it just a good experience. Sorry for the short review, there is just not much else to say about the game.
  21. Mar 18, 2014
    The game is now dead but it was very fun while it lasted.To bad though I got it around the release of MW3 (that HORRIBLE game) so I couldn't really find any matches for Zombies or coop campaign. The multiplayer is still active because of its quite amazing search (Used also in BO) for it. The zombies mode is still though somewhat active just it has mostly players (1-2/1-3) playing on moddedThe game is now dead but it was very fun while it lasted.To bad though I got it around the release of MW3 (that HORRIBLE game) so I couldn't really find any matches for Zombies or coop campaign. The multiplayer is still active because of its quite amazing search (Used also in BO) for it. The zombies mode is still though somewhat active just it has mostly players (1-2/1-3) playing on modded maps/custom maps. The game is quite a nice game if you compare it to all their newer games.

I miss this great series that had a few easter eggs and few ways to get to places. I do not hate BO but I do hate BOII for the overloaded repetitive insane amount of easter eggs that are basically essential for living in zombies mode.

The multiplayer is quite ok and it is one of the last remaining good multiplayer CoD's along with CoD 4 (I personally don't really like cod 4) and maybe BO.

The campaign mode is quite amazing since well you don't have a huge amount to work with since it was based in WWII and you had no real main ways other then boats and stuff to get places.

I really do enjoy the zombies mode and I really do enjoy that it has coop which if you look at it no other CoD has (I am 95% sure). The zombies mode is quite refreshing since it never goes the same way since 95% of the time the people you play with have 200-400 ping and they don't speak English and they are 10-12 and have no idea how to play.

Over all I give this game a 10 even though in reality I would give it a 9 (just to balance out the 69 trolls).
  22. Feb 18, 2014
    A great campaign, amazingly designed multi-player and very fun zombie mode. You can drive tanks in multi-player and there are infinite custom zombie maps to download. Amazing and historically accurate campaign. This is one of the best Call of Duties ever and you will not regret making this purchase. All 4 Zombie maps are included if you buy it off of steam (not sure about hard copy).
  23. Jan 7, 2014
    this game is awesome I think that this is the last good call of duty now look at what they are doing they are just doing some crap it was good but now it's an other story
  24. Dec 25, 2013
    I can't notice any changes or improvements in this Treyarch product compared to that of my favorite Infinity Ward. Apart from stunning graphics and bloody scenes aiming to truly describe the cruelty and horror of war, single campaign appears to be quite meaningless and, therefore, boring. With literally no story or plot, World At War is full of nothing but never-stop-shooting actions. ForI can't notice any changes or improvements in this Treyarch product compared to that of my favorite Infinity Ward. Apart from stunning graphics and bloody scenes aiming to truly describe the cruelty and horror of war, single campaign appears to be quite meaningless and, therefore, boring. With literally no story or plot, World At War is full of nothing but never-stop-shooting actions. For i greatly enjoy FPS games with good stories such as Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare trilogy and Brothers In Arms, Call Of Duty World At War is, for the most part, not impressive. Expand
  25. Nov 18, 2013
    World at war is the 7th of the Call of Duty genre. It has kinda go worse from this point and I highly recommend you play this COD because it was a good one. Its campaign was okay and the multiplayer was 99x gorier then the other COD's. This one is set in WWII and has torture scenes, heads being cut off and generally a lot of swearing. This also was the first time they brought Zombies toWorld at war is the 7th of the Call of Duty genre. It has kinda go worse from this point and I highly recommend you play this COD because it was a good one. Its campaign was okay and the multiplayer was 99x gorier then the other COD's. This one is set in WWII and has torture scenes, heads being cut off and generally a lot of swearing. This also was the first time they brought Zombies to COD. Its the best zombies yet. Why... Its what it used to be. Sitting in a corner with a ray gun shooting Zombies. Beautiful.

Overall
    -Okay Campaign
    -Good Mulitplayer
    -Good Zombies Mode
    Score 87/100
  26. Nov 15, 2013
    I like this game. Its an solid WW2 shooter. With the decent COD4 engine. There are numerous WW2 games on the market. Yet i had most fun with this. It has that Cod4 feeling, simple to pick up and play. Single player was too short but at least it offered an Zombie mod. And lets be honest we all mostly bought it for multiplayer.
  27. Nov 13, 2013
    Call of Duty 5 World at War seems as it is the whole Call of Duty series before Modern Warfare combined! Call of Duty World at War's campaign was nothing special, but Zombies picked up the spot when they showed us round based survival! Multiplayer is very fun but unfortunately, hackers are all over multiplayer. I am giving a 7.3 because I thought that this game was not a "CoD Classic" butCall of Duty 5 World at War seems as it is the whole Call of Duty series before Modern Warfare combined! Call of Duty World at War's campaign was nothing special, but Zombies picked up the spot when they showed us round based survival! Multiplayer is very fun but unfortunately, hackers are all over multiplayer. I am giving a 7.3 because I thought that this game was not a "CoD Classic" but more of a expansion pack for CoD 2 and maybe CoD 3. Expand
  28. Sep 7, 2013
    The best WWII Call of Duty around. There's not much to say, it's CoD 4 in the decorations of 1940s warfare. Now I complain that BO1 is CoD 4 in the Cold War decorations, and BO2 is CoD 4 in the future. But back then, only a year after CoD 4, it played well. Also it was the darkest and the most cruel CoD in the series... And I like that, because I like serious games. I can't say I've spentThe best WWII Call of Duty around. There's not much to say, it's CoD 4 in the decorations of 1940s warfare. Now I complain that BO1 is CoD 4 in the Cold War decorations, and BO2 is CoD 4 in the future. But back then, only a year after CoD 4, it played well. Also it was the darkest and the most cruel CoD in the series... And I like that, because I like serious games. I can't say I've spent months in this one, but still a while. The Zombies mode was introduced, and it was very addicting as well as multiplayer, which remains the best in the franchise in terms of balance. Still, it had flaws. Even if CoD 4 formula wasn't annoying and repetitive back then, a WWII setting was boring. Tanks in multiplayer were unnecessary. The maps setting was pretty much the same, and even after jumping from the one map to another in multiplayer, I had the feeling I've been there just a minute ago. Still, great game and Treyarch's best effort in the series. Expand
  29. Jul 30, 2013
    I'm giving this game a 10 just to even out the stupidly low score on this game. It's CoD4 with a World War 2 theme. The multiplayer is fun, the singleplayer has interesting moments. My real score of this game would be an 8 or a 9, but I just feel the need to even out the score that these "HURR DURR COD4 RIPOFF, SINGLEPLAYER NOT GOOD ENOUGH" morons gave it. Who the hell doesn't buy Call ofI'm giving this game a 10 just to even out the stupidly low score on this game. It's CoD4 with a World War 2 theme. The multiplayer is fun, the singleplayer has interesting moments. My real score of this game would be an 8 or a 9, but I just feel the need to even out the score that these "HURR DURR COD4 RIPOFF, SINGLEPLAYER NOT GOOD ENOUGH" morons gave it. Who the hell doesn't buy Call of Duty mainly for the multiplayer? You're playing the wrong game if you buy CoD for the singleplayer. Expand
  30. Jul 12, 2013
    Its a great game.A lot of opportunity's, a surroundingi so real. The best things are the flame throwers. The Only lack of the game is that she is short, to short and its to easy even one the HARD difficulty the good thing about the game is the final mission withe zhe ombies. IT rocks
  31. Apr 28, 2013
    I seriously think World At War Is very overlooked. The campaign was the best of all the COD's because its real and doesn't involve mind bad Russians, and AI. The Gameplay is smooth and silk but that's every COD. Multiplayer is fun in my opinion and ive spent days on end playing it. The weapons are fun and the maps are my favorite. Zombies though was the best. World at war has doneI seriously think World At War Is very overlooked. The campaign was the best of all the COD's because its real and doesn't involve mind bad Russians, and AI. The Gameplay is smooth and silk but that's every COD. Multiplayer is fun in my opinion and ive spent days on end playing it. The weapons are fun and the maps are my favorite. Zombies though was the best. World at war has done zombies the best and has my favorite maps. So in all WAW is the best cod. Expand
  32. Apr 14, 2013
    Ademas de teneruna gran cantidad de errores, las misiones son aburridisimas, y ensima manejar los anti aeroios, manejar el lanzallamas entre otras cosas, jamas pudo ser tan dificil e incomodo. Los enemigos son muy idiotas, te ven enfrente tuyo y si corres de ellos te empiezan a perseguir (sin dipararte) para clavarte un cuchillo que por alguna razon te mata de un solo golpe. La verdad esAdemas de teneruna gran cantidad de errores, las misiones son aburridisimas, y ensima manejar los anti aeroios, manejar el lanzallamas entre otras cosas, jamas pudo ser tan dificil e incomodo. Los enemigos son muy idiotas, te ven enfrente tuyo y si corres de ellos te empiezan a perseguir (sin dipararte) para clavarte un cuchillo que por alguna razon te mata de un solo golpe. La verdad es que soy fanatico de los juegos viejos de callof duty, pero cuando salio esto, empece a ver a todos los FPS de otra manera. Y encima el juego no supone ser un desafio, capaz las ultimas misiones te trabes un poco y mueras unas cuantas veces, pero todas las demas son extremadamente faciles. Una decepcion. Expand
  33. Feb 3, 2013
    this is a epic game defiantly recommend the map packs for it the only problame about this when you are on zombies when you get hit you can get stuck with the zombie as a result they kind of pull you back so that really anit a problame but i find it a prob yep this is where zombies was born so give it a chance
  34. Jan 22, 2013
    World at War is without doubt the best version of Call of Duty so far. It leaves the later releases, MW2, MW3, Black Ops and Black Ops 2 in it's wake. Although the game is based on COD4 the attention to detail in maps, the excellent gore level and the inclusion of dogs and artillery were far superior to all the others versions. You can see how weak the later versions are by playing MW3 orWorld at War is without doubt the best version of Call of Duty so far. It leaves the later releases, MW2, MW3, Black Ops and Black Ops 2 in it's wake. Although the game is based on COD4 the attention to detail in maps, the excellent gore level and the inclusion of dogs and artillery were far superior to all the others versions. You can see how weak the later versions are by playing MW3 or Black Ops 2. They have nothing on World at War. Expand
  35. Dec 20, 2012
    1) Call of Duty Modern Warfare
    2) Call of Duty + Cod UO
    3) COD2

Really only 3 Call of duty games had even sense, it were this three.

6786486488446 ) All others "COD`s" by copy/paste
    Period.
  36. Aug 4, 2012
    Again, after taking the road of modern war, Call of Duty, came back at its roots, WWII, with great campaign, multiplayer, but maybe not so well filled with the aer of war, and more like the commercial shooter it began. After all, it came back at WWII and that makes happy and a little nostalgic any player who grew up with the franchise
  37. May 14, 2012
    Call of Duty World at War is the worst COD game ever made. But, It haves some cool extras, but I couldn't find the fun about the single player. The Nazi Zombies are a really great extra, so I decided to rate it 5 points. The graphics are well. SO the game is a disappointed, but it really addicted me with the Nazi Zombies. (5.5)
  38. May 3, 2012
    When it comes to WW2 games, this has to be high up on my favourites list. However, there was many aspects I found quite annoying and somewhat of a letdown. Firslty, when a Japanese soldier is banzai charging, and he runs past half a dozen of your comrades to stab you. Second, I would of liked to see a more dragged out storyline, especially on Peleilu, where the beach assault is over inWhen it comes to WW2 games, this has to be high up on my favourites list. However, there was many aspects I found quite annoying and somewhat of a letdown. Firslty, when a Japanese soldier is banzai charging, and he runs past half a dozen of your comrades to stab you. Second, I would of liked to see a more dragged out storyline, especially on Peleilu, where the beach assault is over in about 2 minutes. The aspects I enjoyed were how brutal both campaigns were, the Russian one in particular. There was also a lot more depth in it than past WW2 COD games in the characters.
    Honestly, I would like to see another WW2 COD game with some parts changed-
    *AI smarter and doesn't just look at killing you only.
    *The ability to fix bayonets not just pick up weapons with them fixed already.
    *A longer storyline with more countries.
    * Not as linear.

COD World at War was a solid game, but i would like to see a new WW2 game that goes beyond the call of duty in shooter gaming.
  39. Mar 12, 2012
    this game deserves atleast 8 in my opinion..if you have played cod mw then you know what to expect from this game.but this game is amazing and its similar to modern warfare.
  40. Mar 3, 2012
    Call of Duty 5 is a competent first-person shooter that introduces some fun new features, namely co-op and the flamethrower, however this might not be enough impetus to encourage hardcore online players of other FPSs to take notice.
  41. Feb 24, 2012
    The best CoD for the PC because if you are a zombie player like me then get it you can even download your own mods and Zombie maps. it is not that good for any other system but you will want it for PC
  42. Dec 30, 2011
    This is very much like an expansion pack to Call of Duty 2 with the same controls, same gameplay, fair graphics and a decent story. The weapons are more difficult to use than in the older COD games. The big owe up: playing skirmish maps with AI bots with the Pezbot mod.
  43. Nov 8, 2011
    I am so torn when it comes to this game. I had some amazing experiences with it, and some terrible ones. Multiplayer was extremely fun, with the majority of maps being balanced and pleasing to the eye. Much more suited to smaller LAN parties than rammed 30+ player on-line games. The Zombie mode was amazing beyond words, and it's a shame most people have moved over to Black Ops zombies, asI am so torn when it comes to this game. I had some amazing experiences with it, and some terrible ones. Multiplayer was extremely fun, with the majority of maps being balanced and pleasing to the eye. Much more suited to smaller LAN parties than rammed 30+ player on-line games. The Zombie mode was amazing beyond words, and it's a shame most people have moved over to Black Ops zombies, as the mods, custom levels and community within this mode was perfect. The Single Player / Co-Op campaign is what lets this game down. It's hard to place your finger on exactly what you don't like, but it just doesn't feel like a Call of Duty title. More like a free-to-play game, with regards to maps, animations, and storyline. Saved from a yellow score, because it felt good to have my bolt-action rifle back again! Expand
  44. Nov 8, 2011
    Nothing's new in "Call of Duty: World at War". The controls will be familiar to you if you play for like 5 minutes, but the muddy dark textures won't. The difficulty changes too much and too often. The multiplayer servers are emptier than a starving man's stomach. The only thing that enlightens me is the new zombie mode. It's enjoyable and well rounded. Overall there's not much toNothing's new in "Call of Duty: World at War". The controls will be familiar to you if you play for like 5 minutes, but the muddy dark textures won't. The difficulty changes too much and too often. The multiplayer servers are emptier than a starving man's stomach. The only thing that enlightens me is the new zombie mode. It's enjoyable and well rounded. Overall there's not much to compliment about the product, but if you're a COD fan...buy it? (I guess) Collapse
  45. Sep 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. definetley ten amazing graphics awsome storyline and dont get me started ZOMBIES! i love it. Multiplayer is good (9) and sound gameplay good (7). Just they shouldve put an american german campaighn instead of russain one it would be fun to use samurai swords from dead japanese soldiers overall score is 10 Expand
  46. Aug 9, 2011
    It has a very Good campaign, but the multiplayer...
    its too much like COD4,
    though i got to level 40 in a few days, making it quite easy, not like COD4.
    One more thing: Underpowered Molotovs and overpowered machineguns makes the game quite unbalanced, but the rest is Pretty Good.
  47. May 17, 2011
    Indeed the AI isn't great and the weapons too accurate but the single player and multiplayer is good and it has more realism than the other Call of duty games.I liked the campaign a lot and i felt even sorry when Roebuck died.10 from me.
  48. Apr 4, 2011
    Almost exact port to WW2 of CoD 4 MW.
    Good effort for the single player. Despite the 'on-the-rails' gameplay - it is the nature of CoD games...
    Multi-player is let down by the weapons - you can pick whatever you want...and even more by the add-ons - same as in Cod 4 only gnarled a bit to look like 1940s. Some model animation is outright silly - running for example - fail on both sound and
    Almost exact port to WW2 of CoD 4 MW.
    Some model animation is outright silly - running for example - fail on both sound and animation.
    Some nice maps.
    Tanks.
    CoD UO is better.
  49. Nov 20, 2010
    There's a part of me that wants to score this lower because when will game designers learn to make checkpoints AFTER the speeches. It's frustrating to hear the same speech 100x when trying to pass a difficult scene - is this just meant to make you feel the pain of war more?!?! That said overall good game. I notice there are no friendly fire deaths with this which takes some of theThere's a part of me that wants to score this lower because when will game designers learn to make checkpoints AFTER the speeches. It's frustrating to hear the same speech 100x when trying to pass a difficult scene - is this just meant to make you feel the pain of war more?!?! That said overall good game. I notice there are no friendly fire deaths with this which takes some of the challenge away but on the other hand i probably would have broken something out of frustration, so good call... Expand
  50. Oct 14, 2010
    How well you like this game will be determined by (as with all things) your taste in gaming. If you only heard about Call of Duty when COD 4 or MW2 came out, you will most likely hate this game. On the other hand, if you have been playing COD since COD1 and you think COD1 and COD2 are some of the best games ever made like me, you will love this game. World at War revisits the WW2 settingHow well you like this game will be determined by (as with all things) your taste in gaming. If you only heard about Call of Duty when COD 4 or MW2 came out, you will most likely hate this game. On the other hand, if you have been playing COD since COD1 and you think COD1 and COD2 are some of the best games ever made like me, you will love this game. World at War revisits the WW2 setting with a souvenir from COD4, the beautiful IW Engine 4.0. The pacific front is absolutely beautiful in the engine and the single player is gripping and exciting, just like early CODs. Characters are memorable, especially your Russian sniper friend Reznov, who leads you through a 'All Ghillied Up' styled mission, only in Nazi territory. Multiplayer is lackluster to me as with all COD games as none can really compare to the scale of the Battlefield series but the singleplayer was definitely worth it's money for me. Nazi Zombies however was a lovely addition to the game and it really shows how much care Treyarch has in trying to accomplish as much in a game as possible. All in all, Treyarch was unexpectedly capable of living up to the COD name and with Infinity Ward ruined by Activision, I would not mind having Treyarch take over. Expand
  51. Aug 23, 2010
    While an okay game, it tries too hard to be like Modern Warfare. For example, they attempt to create WW2 versions of most Modern Warfare killstreaks. Recon Planes replace UAV for example. The campaign was indded pretty good but I found that the enemy AI was lacking in their actions. Why would a Japanese soldier attempting to stab Americans with his bayonet run padt the 3 or so guys inWhile an okay game, it tries too hard to be like Modern Warfare. For example, they attempt to create WW2 versions of most Modern Warfare killstreaks. Recon Planes replace UAV for example. The campaign was indded pretty good but I found that the enemy AI was lacking in their actions. Why would a Japanese soldier attempting to stab Americans with his bayonet run padt the 3 or so guys in front of em and attack me?! I'm only a regular soldier after all. Enemies focus on you too much. Another poor design choice was the decision to make grenades come out and try to kill you without being thrown form soemone if you stand in place to long. It just gets really annoying. I do enjoy the new weapons they put in such as the Flamethrower though. The multiplayer is a severe disappointment because it attempts to copy MW but the weapons don't feel right. Since when was a WW2 era SMG as accurate as a modern day Assault Rifle? The best part of the game is no doubt the Nazi Zombies. It's an interesting game where you get attacked by Nazi Zombies who have a crappy backstory. Honestly, it wasn't fun alone because I would always get overwhelmed. There should be bots that are able to play with you in case you can't go online because when you do Nazi Zombies Co Op and have good team mates is when Nazi Zombies really shine because it becomes very fun. Overall though, the online multiplayer and co op really aren't fun because even in the middle of the day at the most there will be 6 or 7 multiplayer servers but only some of them will actually have people playign in them. Co Op servers are even more rare with usually about 2 or 3 of them with them often full. The game is okay but NOTHING, I mean NOTHING, compared to MW or MW2. Treyarch needs to be original instead of trying to use the success of MW to help them sell the game. Din't believe the game box, this game isn't AT ALL "War liek you've never experienced it before". Expand
  52. Aug 21, 2010
    CoD;WaW has plenty of features, like zombies, co-op and multiplayer. Dedicated servers makes it a very enjoyable experience online. Going through the campaign with three of your buddies doesn't get much more epic than this. Definitely worth the money. Oh, and it's way better than MW2!
  53. GustavoF.
    Feb 1, 2010
    The big deal about this game was: Modern Warfare made gamers so spoiled about Call of Duty series that if a game on FPS genre isn't hardcore ground-breaking, it's called "mediocre". What? Big Red One was mediocre. Finest Hour was mediocre. NDS versions are mediocre. World at War is a great game. But how much can you improve over WWII? You can't lie on history. Most people The big deal about this game was: Modern Warfare made gamers so spoiled about Call of Duty series that if a game on FPS genre isn't hardcore ground-breaking, it's called "mediocre". What? Big Red One was mediocre. Finest Hour was mediocre. NDS versions are mediocre. World at War is a great game. But how much can you improve over WWII? You can't lie on history. Most people can't even describe what else they were expecting from this title. Just stick with Modern Warfare's if you like, the world is big enough for everyone. Expand
  54. MaxT.
    Jan 27, 2010
    This game overall is pretty short, the campaign which i beat it within a couple of hrs. I didn't really expect the campaign would be that short but i guess they rushed this game to make more money. CoD 4 was a lot longer in campaign but World at War is exactly the same but slightly better in graphics. The only reason I gave this a 7, is because the Nazi Zombie Mode, I think Nazi This game overall is pretty short, the campaign which i beat it within a couple of hrs. I didn't really expect the campaign would be that short but i guess they rushed this game to make more money. CoD 4 was a lot longer in campaign but World at War is exactly the same but slightly better in graphics. The only reason I gave this a 7, is because the Nazi Zombie Mode, I think Nazi Zombie is pretty fun... but its kinda stupid if you get it on Ps3 or XBox, because you need to purchase Extended Maps which is really stupid because they're making more money from us... Right now the price have dropped so i think its OK to get this game. Expand
  55. ChrisQ
    Jan 4, 2010
    One of the best World War 2 shooters Ive ever played. The battles are great because your not storming Normandy for the seven millionth time. There are Russian missions however these feel more darker and more brutal from previous games.
  56. CM
    Dec 27, 2009
    Campaign ok not great still think cod2 had the best campaign / multiplayers not bad just glad they kept there server browser and dedicated server compatability. Still prefer cod 3's multi (greating my own server was always fun [OPEN SERVER] that is not private dnt see much point in private servers apart from when ya feel like messing around with ya friends) Zombie gamemode is what Campaign ok not great still think cod2 had the best campaign / multiplayers not bad just glad they kept there server browser and dedicated server compatability. Still prefer cod 3's multi (greating my own server was always fun [OPEN SERVER] that is not private dnt see much point in private servers apart from when ya feel like messing around with ya friends) Zombie gamemode is what kept this game selling i loved the hidden secrets and code in the maps and the additional dlc packs which carryed on the litte zombie story. Campaign : 6.5 (Coz its co-op enabled) Multiplayer : 7 (just wish ppl would stop hacking :/ but what can ya do) Zombie Co-Op : 8.7 (Due to DLC and little story) Graphics : 6 (They Need to sort it out so ppl cant just put there graphics to lowest and see through all the grass.... or atleast force it on for all clients) Overall : 8 ( Good buy if you got some friends to play zombie mode with // once ya get bored of multi and co-op campaign ) Expand
  57. Doug
    Dec 26, 2009
    Currently a 6.9, this deserves a 0 to counter-balance the anonymous 10 out of 10's. This game is exactly what the first review says: mediocre and uninspired. Buggy, poor level design, bland gameplay, boring story arch, and just plain stupid this game is Treyarch's cloned COD4, but utter Fail. Not worth it. Bottomline: OVERHYPED.
  58. AlexN
    Dec 3, 2009
    Two words come to mind when describing World At War: mediocre & uninspired. The past several Call of Duty games on the PC have had more than their fair share of thrills and innovations, but this installment just feels flat compared to the others. The single player campaign has incredible production values and presentation, but its really nothing new. More of the same trenches, more of the Two words come to mind when describing World At War: mediocre & uninspired. The past several Call of Duty games on the PC have had more than their fair share of thrills and innovations, but this installment just feels flat compared to the others. The single player campaign has incredible production values and presentation, but its really nothing new. More of the same trenches, more of the same counter attacks, etc. Only now we havevoice over by Keifer Sutherland that is so intense and serious that it is practically a parody of itself. Anyone who played CoD 4 should be familiar with the multiplayer aspect offered in WaW: gain experience, unlock perks and new weapons etc. However, the maps, while beautiful, are poorly designed, uneven and lead to ridiculously one sided matches where one team dominates and pummels the other, often before the even properly spawn. The multiplayer and Coop modes and fun for a while (notably Nazi Zombies mode) but it wears off fast, unless you have someone to share it with. Expand
  59. RyanP
    Nov 16, 2009
    This game is just awesome. Especially the Nazi Zombies mode, which is the first party-game feeling i've felt in a while. Backed by brilliant multiplayer, a n awesome story, and detailed backgrounds, this game deserves a 10 out of 10.
  60. TonyL
    Oct 1, 2009
    Not a bad game at all. There are many map packs/patches now all for free. I spent over 200hrs on multiplayer and to me is more enjoyable than CoD4 multiplayer. This game isn't as much as a noob game as CoD4. You knife slower in succession, can't jump continually, reload slower, etc.
    Sep 2, 2009
    So many bugs that it is just unbelievable and makes the game either impossible to play because the console will spam you error messages or you end up being unable to reinstall unless you reinstall windows, etc. (Yes, I tryed reinstalling the game, fixing registries, upgrading and downgrading the drivers, etc. but only reinstalling windows seem to have worked and yet I still got the issue So many bugs that it is just unbelievable and makes the game either impossible to play because the console will spam you error messages or you end up being unable to reinstall unless you reinstall windows, etc. (Yes, I tryed reinstalling the game, fixing registries, upgrading and downgrading the drivers, etc. but only reinstalling windows seem to have worked and yet I still got the issue that some textures cannot be found...) About the gameplay itself... Some say it's a copy of cod4, I'd say a copy of the battlefield series with even worse upgrades. If you use the grenade launcher with fireworks, you can kill anyone in sight (even those wearing protection agaisnt explosive). you can also lob those anywhere on the map without being seen just by looking the 'red dots' once someone gets his 3 kills. Yes, it lacks all the vehicules of battlefield but it's almost the same. COD was different by being a player vs player gameplay but now it's not. Why would you buy a half biased game with lots of bugs when there's better out there doing the same thing. Weapons are not army/nation based. This is a big down point since it doesn't matter which army you end up as since you can take any weapon you want... Usually ends being 4-5 weapons used whatever map it is. Even the bolt actions are rather useless since in softcore they,ll take 2-3 hits to kill and in hardcore it's 1 hit but almost all other weapons can 1 hit (semiauto rifles, bar, dp28, etc.) if you set them right. The tanks also have 3rd person view which makes it so easy to play as them and almost impossible to sneak on them. Dogs are somewhat easy to kill but they 1 hit and if your team is bad you will end being stuck in the spawn being struck by artillery and a spam of dogs. The only good thing which is also a bad thing... is that the community of cod2 has moved to cod5 (and 4). The wrong part about it is that cod2 has almost as good graphics but its gameplay is more unique then the package of random ideas half made and loaded with bugs that is cod5. would have gave it a 0 if it wasn't from how many players are online to play with and that it wasn't a ww2 game. Is there no alternative of gameplay with a strong community still left out there??? Why can't we simply have a good old wwII game with infantry and without the random weapons. Oh yea... betties can be planted in solid concrete and still detect pressure? (they're easy to counter but still is lame) Expand
  62. ResubianM
    Aug 25, 2009
    I had CoD4 for quite a while before I bought this. I bought it because I was sick of CoD4's multiplayer: Crouch with an overly accurate m4 or run and gun with a piss poor accuracy mp5. World at War's guns are a huge refreshment: there are lot's of balanced SMG's to use, rather than just the MP5 and the P90. The round drum attachments are innovative, as well as the I had CoD4 for quite a while before I bought this. I bought it because I was sick of CoD4's multiplayer: Crouch with an overly accurate m4 or run and gun with a piss poor accuracy mp5. World at War's guns are a huge refreshment: there are lot's of balanced SMG's to use, rather than just the MP5 and the P90. The round drum attachments are innovative, as well as the second chance ability. They could have done a better job on vehicles. Another thing that drew me to WaW is the multiplayer maps. They're all absolutely fantastic. On CoD4 I felt like every map was a complete M4 over-balanced spray fest. On WaW, a single person can take out several members of the other team if they use the map to their advantage. Overall, I think Treyarch just wanted to put the best WWII game out there. Obviously, WaW is the best WW2 shooter out there now, and CoD4 is arguably the best modern shooter, so I think they accomplished what they set out to do. I honestly don't like single player on any game, but WaW's SP does get a bit repetitive. Nazi Zombie is an epic win: you'll see when Der Riese comes out for the PC, it's jaw-dropping on the PS3. Expand
  63. KL
    Aug 14, 2009
    I just bought this recently on a Steam sale. There's a wonderful game in here somewhere, but it's riddled with instability, crashes, and lacking in several key areas. While I was able to run Call of Duty 4 perfectly, World at War greeted me with crashes and bugs, and with no official fix in site, I had to troubleshoot my own problems. I was able to run the game finally, but the I just bought this recently on a Steam sale. There's a wonderful game in here somewhere, but it's riddled with instability, crashes, and lacking in several key areas. While I was able to run Call of Duty 4 perfectly, World at War greeted me with crashes and bugs, and with no official fix in site, I had to troubleshoot my own problems. I was able to run the game finally, but the framerate isn't very solid, and I had to sacrifice the ability to watch cutscenes for what little stability I had. Not only that, but there are no dedicated servers for co-op or Nazi Zombies, which means any games you find for that mode will be few and laggy. I'd be happy to give this game a 7 or even an 8, but until Treyarch acts to fix all of the problems related to just running the game properly, I can't recommend this game to any PC gamers. Expand
  64. AlexanderW.
    Aug 11, 2009
    This Game is Terrible ! I played a lot of games but this is the first game which is still not able to play because you don't want to play it why i gave the game 1 score ? because the graphic is good nothing else !
  65. marcP
    Aug 11, 2009
    This game is awesome. Yet, it's really underrated. Still, people who play Call of Duty : World At War are really like CoD4 players, they hate updates. they're still alot of people who play the first version of the game. Multiplayer is great. And it's way more gory than Call of Duty 4. They say Co-op is crappy and blah blah blah. All the same crap from all the same crap This game is awesome. Yet, it's really underrated. Still, people who play Call of Duty : World At War are really like CoD4 players, they hate updates. they're still alot of people who play the first version of the game. Multiplayer is great. And it's way more gory than Call of Duty 4. They say Co-op is crappy and blah blah blah. All the same crap from all the same crap people. I say Call of Duty World At War over Call of Duty 4 because of, of course, the zombie mode! That thing is sick! It's almost better than Left 4 Dead. Singleplayer is fun, but buy it for the multiplayer. I have both Call of Duty 4 AND World At War, but World At War is my favourite. Expand
  66. JackP.
    Jul 25, 2009
    Treyarch have successfully copied call of duty 4 enough to make world at war bearable. World at War's campaign goes thus: GO GO GO SOLDIERS! FINAL PUSH! GO GO GO THIS IS IT! OH MY GOD THIS IS THE FINAL PUSH Sniping mission GO GO GO FINAL PUSH BULLETS EVERYWHERE FINAL PUSH plane mission FINAL PUSH INTO ENEMY TERRITORY THIS IS IT ULTIMATE BATTLE. etc etc. It has none of the pacing that Treyarch have successfully copied call of duty 4 enough to make world at war bearable. World at War's campaign goes thus: GO GO GO SOLDIERS! FINAL PUSH! GO GO GO THIS IS IT! OH MY GOD THIS IS THE FINAL PUSH Sniping mission GO GO GO FINAL PUSH BULLETS EVERYWHERE FINAL PUSH plane mission FINAL PUSH INTO ENEMY TERRITORY THIS IS IT ULTIMATE BATTLE. etc etc. It has none of the pacing that made cod 4 so good. Call of Duty 4, made by infinity ward, the real developers of call of duty, had the perfect balance between action, set pieces, scripted segments and stealth. Just compare the first level of call of duty 4 to the first level of call of duty world at war. In call of duty, you are getting the drop on the unsuspecting crew of a ship. After the shooting starts to tire a bit, there is an excellent set piece in which the boat sinks. Call of Duty World at War starts off looking to be good. There's a nice 1st person torture scene which sets you right into the action. Your team mates slit the throats of your captors and give you a gun . "Ooh, a little stealthy action here? Taking them by surprise?" I foolishly think. "CALL IN ARTILLERY!" *BOOM* "GO GO GO!" Apparently not. I love action games, but this is no half-life, or counter-strike or even call of duty. The multiplayer is decent enough. Treyarch managed to copy almost every aspect of multiplayer successfully, and even managed to copy left 4 dead in a totally irrelevant (and boring after the first go) zombie map. If you're considering getting this, you'd better have loved the hell out of the multiplayer in cod 4, because that is world at war's only saving grace. Expand
  67. BobJoe
    Jul 2, 2009
    I'd have to say the guy who said HATE IT is just retarded. I got mine with the same deal and it was pre-loading because of an update. But otherwise I love the Game. I am a WWII addict and this quenches my thirst for some heavy FPS WWII style action. And with the added Nazi Zombies, it also quenches my thirst for realiztic zombie survival. Top Notch EA ^_^
  68. TravisG
    Jun 24, 2009
    Great FPS, Excellent graphics, very real feel. The other reviewers who responded that you just die obviously don't know how to play or were in servers they shouldn't have been in. This is a top knotch WW11 game.
  69. JoeL
    Jun 24, 2009
    Ive tried again and again to play this game on multyplayer and my word ford lack of nasty words Its jsut frustrates me the players . there are to many cases during play where "THE GAME" its self is working against you. No matter how hard I try and ive played all the call of duties as some record of proof i don't know , no matter how hard I try the game always leave me with guys Ive tried again and again to play this game on multyplayer and my word ford lack of nasty words Its jsut frustrates me the players . there are to many cases during play where "THE GAME" its self is working against you. No matter how hard I try and ive played all the call of duties as some record of proof i don't know , no matter how hard I try the game always leave me with guys running around holding down left click . The levels are sometimes to busy to the eye with no visual rest that you cant even see your attacker or figure out what happened. There's nothing more frustrating then the player getting killed and not knowing why or how or where from. i say this all knowing what faults in my argue ment there may be but none the less I give this a zero too many times im left frustrated and want to leave my computer. Expand
  70. HATEIT
    May 30, 2009
    I got to admit, I bought this game on steam on a weekend sale for 25 dollars. Not even a month past, the game was on pre-load mode from Steam. I tried to delete the local content and play again, but when i deleted the content, it was removed from my game list. STEAM SOLVE THIS RIGHT NOW OR I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MY FREAKING REFUND!!
  71. SamD
    May 25, 2009
    This game is pretty great compared to other WWII shooters in my opinion. The graphics I would give a 10 to, overall game-play a 10 as well. I don't have too many bad things to say about this game, maybe the quick heal health system (don't really like the Halo 3 style of health regen). So for all of the dumbs out there that keep on comparing this to COD Modern Warfare... This is This game is pretty great compared to other WWII shooters in my opinion. The graphics I would give a 10 to, overall game-play a 10 as well. I don't have too many bad things to say about this game, maybe the quick heal health system (don't really like the Halo 3 style of health regen). So for all of the dumbs out there that keep on comparing this to COD Modern Warfare... This is a World War II shooter. Its a game built on the storyline of the most destructive and costly war that ever took place on this planet. So stop crying about not being able to run and gun with your M4. Grab an M1 and go kill some Nazis. Expand
  72. IanS
    May 22, 2009
    They took a great game, re skinned it with slightly poorer graphics, and unnatural looking animations. Then they unbalanced the guns, broke the special abilities, and set it all in badly designed maps. CoD4s utter brilliance still shows through, but its obscured by Treyarch's utter amateurism. n.b. how did they manage to introduce so many new bugs to previously stable systems that They took a great game, re skinned it with slightly poorer graphics, and unnatural looking animations. Then they unbalanced the guns, broke the special abilities, and set it all in badly designed maps. CoD4s utter brilliance still shows through, but its obscured by Treyarch's utter amateurism. n.b. how did they manage to introduce so many new bugs to previously stable systems that they appear to have made no other changes to? Expand
  73. DM
    May 19, 2009
    Buggy c&@p! no sound... no refund... no support. I just spent the last 3 hours of my life trying to get the sound working and my computer is less than 6 months old! requirements: on board sound or better, I don't think so! I have a realtec HD on board AND a $2000 m-audio projectmix! very disappointed! consoles look better everyday.
  74. TysonW
    May 18, 2009
    single player squad ai is awful. its like who ever made this game didn't care about it being a repetitive mess though the 4 hours is took me to complete the campaign. fighting hordes of enemy's just isn't fun to me especially when im the only one shooting and hitting varies enemy's while your squad mates just sit there and bark orders at you. multiplayer on the other single player squad ai is awful. its like who ever made this game didn't care about it being a repetitive mess though the 4 hours is took me to complete the campaign. fighting hordes of enemy's just isn't fun to me especially when im the only one shooting and hitting varies enemy's while your squad mates just sit there and bark orders at you. multiplayer on the other hand is just fun. with loads of different game modes especially my favorite nazi zombie's :). final there's a game that did an rpg feel for a shooter right. you earn different upgrades and get to customize your load out how you see fit. all in all i say buy this game for the multiplayer don't expect much for single player besides a headache and thoughts of suicide lol. Expand
  75. Lucifer'sHammer
    May 16, 2009
    You die before you even know what hit you. There's no point in playing the game, because as soon as you spawn you're already dead. It doesn't take munch to kill you. If a mouse farts anywhere near you, you're dead. What a waste of money. They should just create a game where you're the target at a shooting range for other people to kill. I honestly feel like I You die before you even know what hit you. There's no point in playing the game, because as soon as you spawn you're already dead. It doesn't take munch to kill you. If a mouse farts anywhere near you, you're dead. What a waste of money. They should just create a game where you're the target at a shooting range for other people to kill. I honestly feel like I wasted my money. Expand
  76. EdgarsL
    May 12, 2009
    Unfortunately, there can be competition between Treyarch and Infinity Ward - the latter is clearly a victor as far as the Call of Duty franchise is concerned. What doesn't help World at War is the constantly nagging feeling this is a merely a high-profile knock-off of the 2007 iteration.
  77. ChrisA
    May 9, 2009
    A mod for the vastly superior CoD4. Treyarch yet again shows their lack of attention to detail and inability to make a balanced (and stable) multiplayer. Crashes, Bugs, Balancing issues, Flawed game mechanics, Broke mechanics taken from CoD4, Bugged textures on ALL maps, an auto balance that kills you to swap you. The list goes on. Trash game.
  78. Mo0nBuggy1
    Apr 19, 2009
    Just same old run and gun mindless crap, graphics are ok sounds are lame and soooooo unrealistic its not funny. From a game that calls itself a intense ww2 experience i was very.....well not disapointed because i had no real expectations hahah. If you want ww2 go play RO not this garbage.
  79. scotts
    Mar 26, 2009
    Multi-player is like CoD4, but the guns not as satisfying.. more of a mod than a new game. Single-player is OK, the shock that the game tries so desperately hard to achieve falls flat. The game is nowhere near as entertaining nor the story line as deep as CoD4. SP is a disappointing experience, even in co-op.
  80. CodyS
    Mar 14, 2009
    WaW is the best WW2 game i've played yet, i like the choices in weapons with the attachments (also discovered that the japanese had this thing for bayonets on thier weapons :D) I really like the idea of the flamethrower, its very fun in multiplayer, and also the perks are tailored to actually make sense in the WW2 world, and unlike what SJT-Ruler said about "Experienced gamers will WaW is the best WW2 game i've played yet, i like the choices in weapons with the attachments (also discovered that the japanese had this thing for bayonets on thier weapons :D) I really like the idea of the flamethrower, its very fun in multiplayer, and also the perks are tailored to actually make sense in the WW2 world, and unlike what SJT-Ruler said about "Experienced gamers will die over and over again," which is a complete lie... i'm a very experienced gamer and i play very well, i just think that SJT is a terrible gamer and won't admit it. But i've played this game and would recommend it to my friends and others to buy. Expand
  81. ClearWEAPONX
    Mar 8, 2009
    I gave this game a 8 when it first come out beacuse the variaty of things that you can do as tactical and solo or driving a tank or shooting I'm a hardcored team player I love to play as team I don't play any other mode and now I give the game a solid 5 they took the tank out of the only game mode that I like to play beacuse winers that doesn't know how to play and organize I gave this game a 8 when it first come out beacuse the variaty of things that you can do as tactical and solo or driving a tank or shooting I'm a hardcored team player I love to play as team I don't play any other mode and now I give the game a solid 5 they took the tank out of the only game mode that I like to play beacuse winers that doesn't know how to play and organize with teammeates to take control of a battel as a team the tank was a major plus it give the game that edge to figth now what we have is a regular boring shooter with the same thing camp or no strategy what's so ever only guns and a freeking quiet level with out dogeing tank rounds and explosion what happend I'm a level 57 in the world in hardcord with 26 days in the game and a red star all of it playing fare and square figthing and enjoying what this game has to offer but now total dissapointment I want the tanks back I purshes this game beacause it was difrent ,dont pay attention of whyners that the only sole pourpes is to mess up a good game . Expand
  82. DavidE.
    Mar 3, 2009
    COD4 Reskinned. Absolutely no effort to make this either an original or a WW2 game. No tactical multiplayer possibilities due to players being able to use any weapon they want, irregardless of nationality, reducing the game to a run and gunner. Historically accurate? ACOG gun sites are available, need I say more? As an educated person, I am insulted that this was sold to me as a WW2 game. COD4 Reskinned. Absolutely no effort to make this either an original or a WW2 game. No tactical multiplayer possibilities due to players being able to use any weapon they want, irregardless of nationality, reducing the game to a run and gunner. Historically accurate? ACOG gun sites are available, need I say more? As an educated person, I am insulted that this was sold to me as a WW2 game. I tried anyway, and lasted about 3 hours before I was fed up. The maps are the only saving grace, they are beautiful. Otherwise, the game is a bust for anyone who has any notion of WW2. Expand
  83. TsarVadim
    Feb 25, 2009
    Brings next-gen graphics to their tried and true WW2 formula.Multiplayer extras are fresh and fun. Overall the singleplayer campaign is good, but the AI is less than impressive.

If you don't have COD4, get it instead. If you do, and you loved it, I recommend this game if you need more.
  84. SebsT.
    Feb 23, 2009
    When i first got this game, my friends told me how good it was after only a week of it being out. So i bought it. It was fun at first but after i played campaign online blah blah blah. It was REALLY fricken boring. I thought the campaign sucked. It was undeveloped just go and shoot no real reason ect. Now if i still had that 60 bucks and didnt use it and i KNEW how bad it was going to be When i first got this game, my friends told me how good it was after only a week of it being out. So i bought it. It was fun at first but after i played campaign online blah blah blah. It was REALLY fricken boring. I thought the campaign sucked. It was undeveloped just go and shoot no real reason ect. Now if i still had that 60 bucks and didnt use it and i KNEW how bad it was going to be i would of bought call of duty 4 Modern Warfare. The missions in that are developed, you know whats happening, and its not just point and shoot. In C.O.D Waw theres only 1 mission where you use a sniper. And only use it for about oh lets say 5 minutes through pretty much they whole game. Now in C.O.D. 4 theres 2 missions where you use sniper. And you MUST be sneaky. Now i like stealth games and C.O.D. 4 is a combination. Overall i think cod 4 is the better buy personally. Expand
  85. IlikeHam
    Feb 22, 2009
    This game is overall OK. Nothing new... just another one of those world war 2 games... it uses Cod4's layout as it's backboard, and does a terrible job.... Don't get me wrong.. its always fun lighting people on fire, but the game itself isn't that interesting. They coulve and shoul've done better. The zombie survival little extra stuff was really good tho! i had a This game is overall OK. Nothing new... just another one of those world war 2 games... it uses Cod4's layout as it's backboard, and does a terrible job.... Don't get me wrong.. its always fun lighting people on fire, but the game itself isn't that interesting. They coulve and shoul've done better. The zombie survival little extra stuff was really good tho! i had a blast inviting somefriends and playing that! IN THE END, the game lies under the shadow of Cod4. Expand
  86. GabrielK.
    Feb 18, 2009
    This game has too many weak points to score high and the first thing you will notice is the hard difficulty to advance through the levels in the campaign, the enemy AI lauch so many grenades that you can even breath one second to see what is going on around you. With luck and if you die about 20 times maybe you can advance through the next level. Not to mention the banzai attackers who This game has too many weak points to score high and the first thing you will notice is the hard difficulty to advance through the levels in the campaign, the enemy AI lauch so many grenades that you can even breath one second to see what is going on around you. With luck and if you die about 20 times maybe you can advance through the next level. Not to mention the banzai attackers who only stab you at any time and you can barely see where are they hiding. But all this is just a few things of what is wrong with this game. The campaign is too short, and many of the missions are boring like others call of duty that I played before. For sure and I think for the most people the best is Call of Duty 4. But if you want a FPS with only good graphics but with bad gameplay, and you have the patience too die many times and keep trying, well maybe this is the game for you. Expand
  87. KopK.
    Feb 13, 2009
    The guy below me is an idiot. He whines that "experienced players" will never win because if you try to take a careful shot it takes "5 seconds" and you die. Any person who has ever played a game knows the person with better, more accurate reflexes will win. Period. End of story. If you're taking too long to aim, you are NOT experienced in any way. He makes these assertions based on The guy below me is an idiot. He whines that "experienced players" will never win because if you try to take a careful shot it takes "5 seconds" and you die. Any person who has ever played a game knows the person with better, more accurate reflexes will win. Period. End of story. If you're taking too long to aim, you are NOT experienced in any way. He makes these assertions based on the fact that HE isn't on top, so he assumes everyone else is a noob. Do NOT listen to this guy, if you want to have a good time, don't be swayed by someone who isn't good and whines on metacritic. This game is a good, quality game that is essentially COD4 with a couple new perks. Is it worth the new value? I don't really think so, seems more like an expansion. But both COD 4 and WaW are good solid fun for all gamers. Don't let stupid historical problems with weaponry sway you from buying a good game. I also love how he refers to the "Chopper of Doom" from CoD4. To put it simply, SHOOT AT IT. Any truly experienced player knows that noobs get killed by choppers. Why? Because they dont know enough to shoot at it. Worth 50 bucks? Not really, especially if you have COD4. My recommendation: Get COD4, You will become addicted to the best multiplayer online since CS. Expand
  88. SJT-Ruler*
    Feb 7, 2009
    Call of Duty: World at War, many people hate it because it's WW2 once more, but to those people I'd like to say; just shut up, there are more freaking anti-terrorism shooters than WW2 games so the setting doesn't make a SINGLE difference. So, what does destroy this game? Well, first of all, the campaign is really short, you will have it completed in no time. Not to mention Call of Duty: World at War, many people hate it because it's WW2 once more, but to those people I'd like to say; just shut up, there are more freaking anti-terrorism shooters than WW2 games so the setting doesn't make a SINGLE difference. So, what does destroy this game? Well, first of all, the campaign is really short, you will have it completed in no time. Not to mention the fact that it makes no sense, in the campaign Treyarch wants to tell you that WW2 was just about "revenge and to murder the enemy, not to end a war". A war is to simple murder everyone? That's not how WW2 was, that's not how any war was and is, Treyarch, you couldn't get it more wrong than that stupid statement. What's also wrong, is that in multiplayer you can play on any team with any weapon. Meaning, when playing as Russians you can just pick a Japanese or American or German weapon, it makes no sense. This is NOT like Call of Duty 4, where you can say that one team "could've imported the weapons" you think Russians were able to produce American weapons? They were national weapons, ffs! Speaking of weapons, you waste your ammo so very fast (because you won't stop shooting at the unending waves of enemies in both single- and multiplayer) that you are forced to pick up enemy weapons, like you do that in a real war! With that being said, I now come to THE WORST of the game, multiplayer. Multiplayer is so sad that it a shame to gaming. The game is just SO fast paced, that any experienced gamer will die over and over again, only the lucky noobs will get loads of kills. Hardly any experienced players will be seen in the top, because if you try to take a careful shot that would take five seconds, you have already been killed from someone behind you. You can literally die every second, sometimes you even spawn extremely close to the entire enemy team, making this even worse. Can there be any worse things about multiplayer, oh yes, there is. Dogs. The chopper of doom, from CoD 4, had been replaced by a pack of vicious dogs. First of all about the dogs, the amount of dogs used in a live shootout back in WW2 can probably be counted on one hand. Secondly, they one hit kill you. You need to waste more than a machinegun clip on them to kill them, but if they hit you, you just die. When was the last time that dogs were superior to humans armed with guns and rifles? EXACTLY. For those that want to know it, I've rated CoD4 a 0, too. Two games that are epic failures. This game is, just like CoD4, not worth your money! Expand
  89. MikeM
    Feb 4, 2009
    I was very impressed by COD:4 Modern Warfare and of course when people started saying that COD:5 World at War was going to be just like COD:4 except in WWII, I thought I should give it a try. They're not even related as far as I'm concerned. The single player is frustratingly difficult even on normal difficulty only because the enemy AI will throw grenades like the war is ending I was very impressed by COD:4 Modern Warfare and of course when people started saying that COD:5 World at War was going to be just like COD:4 except in WWII, I thought I should give it a try. They're not even related as far as I'm concerned. The single player is frustratingly difficult even on normal difficulty only because the enemy AI will throw grenades like the war is ending tomorrow. The first level I played there was one part that took me 14 tries to complete because I had to avoid five grenade blasts every time in a very small area. It's constant, every level after that it's more grenades. More often than not it's not gunfire killing you, it's dogs, grenades, tank-fire or banzai attackers. Treyarch made the game like every Nazi and Japanese soldier was a grenade spamming jerk waiting to get a cheap kill on you. In multiplayer, the weapons are way, way too accurate, you can snipe with a machine gun and even a sub-machine gun can best a rifle at 100 feet. The entire multiplayer system is taken directly from COD:4 except they replaced the helicopter with the excessively broken dog strike. One minute of dogs attacking you, sometimes three at a time, a particularly awful glitch in the programming allows them to attack you through walls, the floor, sandbags and the ceiling. They also have very poor hit detection from bullets and melee. I've seen a dog attack that lasted for 10 minutes because every person on the enemy team had one. Also rank means nothing in multiplayer because some servers will give you 8000 exp per kill, which allows you to max your rank in one game. The single player is bad, the multiplayer is fun most of the time. The graphics are good but what game doesn't have good graphics these days. The voice acting is made up of some of the worst stereotypes I've ever heard and they all speak English, poorly. Seriously, worst stereotypical English voice acting ever. Worth a look if you can get one for free, I wish I would've waited until it hit a more reasonable price of $30 US. Expand
  90. BitBurn
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have never rated a Call of Duty game below a 9 but this time I had no choice. World at War fails on so many levels I am not sure where to begins; the AI is unrealistic, battles are boring and dumb, game is too short. Game feels incomplete.
  91. WillK.
    Jan 26, 2009
    At first i thought it strange that a franchise that had advanced through time to the modern age should then skip back again. Then I thought how poor Call of Duty 3 was to its predisesors. THEN I thought, 'there is no way this will live up to the 4th installment'. Then I was proven wrong. This game makes excelent use of the CoD4's engine to recreate one of the most brutal At first i thought it strange that a franchise that had advanced through time to the modern age should then skip back again. Then I thought how poor Call of Duty 3 was to its predisesors. THEN I thought, 'there is no way this will live up to the 4th installment'. Then I was proven wrong. This game makes excelent use of the CoD4's engine to recreate one of the most brutal and merciless wars our planet has ever seen. The addition of tanks and 'slightly' elevated gore deters you from going gung ho into enemy lines (but never really stops you). There's still the heart thumping, adrenaline fueled gameplay of 4 but there's much more. The sounds, the visuals, the pace and the overall feel of the game wraps you in a cucoon that has you believing for fleeting moments thatyour actually being shot at, and you truly are fighting for you're own life. You'll never feel quite the same after charging through an artillery strike (yes its idiotic but i think there's an Arnie in all of us that thinks 'i'll be fiiiiiiiine') to find yourself alive and kicking on the other side. You may even find yourself having to catch your breath on the other side when you realise that this whole time you've been holding it... One thing I will say though... ... I really HATE the dogs. Expand
  92. AndrewF
    Jan 14, 2009
    I'm finding a bit hard to say some really good things about this game, it just feels a bit lack lustre compared to COD 4. Maybe that
  93. MaxM
    Jan 10, 2009
    This is a Exellent game. The singleplayer battles feel real with all the things happening all round compared to call of duty 4. The multiplayer is great lots of great weapons to use no weapon is the best all balanced well. The dogs was awsum to fight agaist you would get your team together trying to fight off these dogs while the other team was killing you at the same time. I loved call This is a Exellent game. The singleplayer battles feel real with all the things happening all round compared to call of duty 4. The multiplayer is great lots of great weapons to use no weapon is the best all balanced well. The dogs was awsum to fight agaist you would get your team together trying to fight off these dogs while the other team was killing you at the same time. I loved call of duty 4 but to me call of duty world at war is better. Expand
  94. RossL
    Dec 27, 2008
    My biggest complaint - the AI. This game has taken the psychic, uber-aiming tanks and snipers of the crysis games and combined them with endless rip offs of things infinity ward did better. When you come to the sections where you meet the clairvoyant sniper, you may just give up on the game. Its not rewarding enough to be worth the boring repeat of this level until finally the sniper cant My biggest complaint - the AI. This game has taken the psychic, uber-aiming tanks and snipers of the crysis games and combined them with endless rip offs of things infinity ward did better. When you come to the sections where you meet the clairvoyant sniper, you may just give up on the game. Its not rewarding enough to be worth the boring repeat of this level until finally the sniper cant see you through walls, shoulder his weapon and pick up a headshot in the same time it takes you to hit the "steady rifle" button. AI this bad truly should have died back in the 90's. Yet another game where the reviewers are on the payroll of the company - add treyarch to EA and ubisoft on the list of bribers. Expand
  95. AnthonyC.
    Dec 26, 2008
    The game is pretty, but it is a ruined game. The ideas of the game types are very good, but it has ruined by spawn campers, campers, glitchers, nade-noobs, armys of spray-n-pray. Any one that wishes to jump in and have a bit of a shootoff with rifles that isn't "OMG RUN IN BASE AND SHOOT THEM AT POINT BLANK" is out of luck. This game is full of kids running around with Thompsons. Go The game is pretty, but it is a ruined game. The ideas of the game types are very good, but it has ruined by spawn campers, campers, glitchers, nade-noobs, armys of spray-n-pray. Any one that wishes to jump in and have a bit of a shootoff with rifles that isn't "OMG RUN IN BASE AND SHOOT THEM AT POINT BLANK" is out of luck. This game is full of kids running around with Thompsons. Go play CoD2 if you want some actual strategic fun. The game itself is very pretty, the game types are well made and it's amazingly fun in Single Player. Not worth the $50 if you're a multiplayer-type, though. Expand
  96. TerryD
    Dec 19, 2008
    Great COD intensity, but questionable AI and way to short - a bit criminal, really. And the weapons are way to accurate - you can use a machine gun to effectively snipe? Don't think so. And by the way, WWII is done, over, kaput. OK. Geez. Talk about beating a dead horse.
  97. HuffmanJ.
    Dec 15, 2008
    This game is just trying to milk the fame of CoD4. Only merit I'll give it is it has some good graphics and decent voice acting. Single player depends entirely on scripted events... I can't imagine how the game would handle it if there wasn't an NPC there to hold your hand the entire time. Multiplayer is trash. No innovation, spawning is all messed up (constantly spawning This game is just trying to milk the fame of CoD4. Only merit I'll give it is it has some good graphics and decent voice acting. Single player depends entirely on scripted events... I can't imagine how the game would handle it if there wasn't an NPC there to hold your hand the entire time. Multiplayer is trash. No innovation, spawning is all messed up (constantly spawning on top of each other, with the only exception being search and destroy mode). Terribly disappointing. If you are a long time fan of CoD, FPS's, then don't bother with this trash game. Save your money. Expand
  98. AdricF.
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lean bug, memory leaks, bluescreens, directx errors due to incompatibility with other programs, borked spawn system, bugged game win / loss announcement, no record or drawfps commands, game modes ruined due to no thinking through of game mechanics e.g. artillery on HQ, shit maps, shit fps on basically same engine as cod4, external server browsers don't work because auth server Lean bug, memory leaks, bluescreens, directx errors due to incompatibility with other programs, borked spawn system, bugged game win / loss announcement, no record or drawfps commands, game modes ruined due to no thinking through of game mechanics e.g. artillery on HQ, shit maps, shit fps on basically same engine as cod4, external server browsers don't work because auth server wasen't thought through, config resets on bluescreen, no shader 2.0, broken animations (sprint), no linux binaries still, maps bugged e.g. invisible walls used to stop map "glitchers" block nades instead, dumb experience ratios on some gamemodes e.g. war, sound occlusion available in singleplayer but not multiplayer, single player client auth server broken unable to play zombies with friends, prestige bug, no http redirect, server disconnection if alt-tabbed for too long, no vid_restart in game and reccently announced no new patch until 7-8 weeks and stated it "might" fix listed bugs. Terrible game product of incompetent developers, do not buy. Expand
  99. Joel
    Dec 9, 2008
    HEAVY, this game as made me stare at the screen in awore, of the horrible thins that happens in this game. One time i wondered who are the good guys. The campaign on the Russian side has great characters unlike the Americans they feel to cliche`. The Russians have a soldier who feels for the enemy, hoping the violence will end, the other main character is a Sgt who has seen the war from HEAVY, this game as made me stare at the screen in awore, of the horrible thins that happens in this game. One time i wondered who are the good guys. The campaign on the Russian side has great characters unlike the Americans they feel to cliche`. The Russians have a soldier who feels for the enemy, hoping the violence will end, the other main character is a Sgt who has seen the war from beginning to end and is blood lusted on revenge. The multilayer is no exception from COD 4 just tweaked a bit. Expand
  100. RalphW.
    Dec 7, 2008
    I love the COD series, but this one is very below average. The things I love were the ore adult approach, some nice sequences to fill in the story, good atmosphere. Things I hated, bad level design and brain dead AI. Often you will see an enemy soldier standing beside your own men neither group firing at each other. Also the triggers to uncover enemies are often so obvious and I love the COD series, but this one is very below average. The things I love were the ore adult approach, some nice sequences to fill in the story, good atmosphere. Things I hated, bad level design and brain dead AI. Often you will see an enemy soldier standing beside your own men neither group firing at each other. Also the triggers to uncover enemies are often so obvious and predictable. Finally the enemies have it in for you you will see the enemy shooting at you from way over the other side of the map even though there are many more logical targets. War seems to only revolve around the user's character. Expand
  101. Nov 8, 2011

1. Treyarch came back this year with an excellent addition to the franchise. Many gamers may look at this game with an "I've been there, done that" attitude. I am here to tell you that this is the best WWII effort so far, as well as the best game in the franchise.
    This is a solid, confident shooter with plenty to offer the casual and hardcore alike.
  3. Overall the game feels a bit short but is not only a very tasty bit of eye candy, and a treat for the ears as well, but a briskly paced action-adventure that should please fans of WWII first-person shooters.