Call of Juarez: Gunslinger PC

8.2

1. Rem
    Jul 7, 2015
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, while being radically different from its full release brothers of the same name, is a more fleshed and meaty experience by deviating into a more experimental path. Walking in the boots of a famous bounty hunter as he recalls the story through his eyes as he narrates brings really neat gameplay elements such as someone calling him on his bluff, and an element ofCall of Juarez: Gunslinger, while being radically different from its full release brothers of the same name, is a more fleshed and meaty experience by deviating into a more experimental path. Walking in the boots of a famous bounty hunter as he recalls the story through his eyes as he narrates brings really neat gameplay elements such as someone calling him on his bluff, and an element of gameplay changes mid battle. Its humorous and witty writing really delivers this short but entertaining adventure through the West. What Gunslinger really nails is the shooting mechanics, pulling off headshots and barrages is extremely satisfying as a result of the good use of blood and pacing which sees the story take you from a standoff to a train robbery. While being a small but well packaged downloadable, Call of Juarez Gunslinger really nails the fun of shooting it up like a spaghetti western, something previous COJ games failed to capture. Expand
  2. Oct 26, 2014
    An arcade twitch shooter with a very entertaining story that is simply a lot of fun. Mix 'Max Payne' with 'Serious Sam' and films like 'My name is trinity' and you get this. Gameplay is very well balanced, and never gets stale with the constant change of pace, humour, and duel segments. Although technically a bit dated, the graphics still look great. Its a pity the devs had a small budget,An arcade twitch shooter with a very entertaining story that is simply a lot of fun. Mix 'Max Payne' with 'Serious Sam' and films like 'My name is trinity' and you get this. Gameplay is very well balanced, and never gets stale with the constant change of pace, humour, and duel segments. Although technically a bit dated, the graphics still look great. Its a pity the devs had a small budget, and the single-player story is quite short. But there is some replay value, and the arcade mode (a kind of time trial) allows you to compare high scores with your friends. Note - If FOV is too low, it can easily be fixed in the config text files. Expand
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    My expectations was not very high for this game after the disaster that was the Cartel. But after hearing good things about the game i decided to give the franchise another shot. And i am happy that i did just that.

The games main campaign is quite solid. The area variety is quite nice and there are some quite cool ares in the game. The enemy variety is basically what you would expect from a cowboy game but they have thrown in some bosses which is a nice touch. The weapon variety could be a bit better but it never becomes a issue since the campaign isnt the longest one out there. The weapons in the game are however quite tough and fun to use.

The different missions in the game is chained together by a narrator who sits in a bar and tells a story. The story in itself is actually quite good but what really surprised me what how well the handled the whole narrator format. The voice acting is great and the narrator and his listeners will discuss the events in the bar which is a really nice touch. But what is really cool is that the world changes depending on the narration which really benefits the story and atmosphere.

Another thing that the developers really succeed with is the shooting. The shooting in the game is really fun with some tough mechanics like bullet-dodging. The gameplay do overall feel really solid even though it never really moves away from the standard fps format. Horse riding combat etc would be nice.
    One thing i should mention is the duels. The duels are certainly not terrible but the do feel like the weakest part of the gameplay.

Summary: Call of Juarez Gunslinger was a fresh breath of air for me. The game delivers a really solid campaign with excellent shooting mechanics and well put together gameplay. The campaign could be a bit longer (around six hours) but i believe that it delivers more than enough considering the games cheap price. There are also some other game-modes like arcade and duel which you can spend some time on.
  4. Sep 24, 2015
    This is a fun game. I like playing a western themed game, the narration and story were spot on. The graphics are well done and sine in 4k. It reminds me of playing the first red dead game. It was made by developers that seemed like they were wanting to make a game they wanted to play themselves.
  5. Apr 4, 2014
    Great arcade shooter with good narration and decent graphics. Fit with decent mechanics such as the bullet dodge, also especially when you can pull off slick high count combo's with slow-mo is really fun. The story however is short, around 5 hours, and some boss fights were, in my opinion, poorly designed. The standoffs take skill and can put someone off if they're not able to concentrateGreat arcade shooter with good narration and decent graphics. Fit with decent mechanics such as the bullet dodge, also especially when you can pull off slick high count combo's with slow-mo is really fun. The story however is short, around 5 hours, and some boss fights were, in my opinion, poorly designed. The standoffs take skill and can put someone off if they're not able to concentrate well enough. Overall still a satisfying experience , especially at this price. Expand
  6. Jun 24, 2013
    For such an inexpensive title, Gunslinger is surprisingly fun. If you don't expect the next great wonder of the world, you'll have fun with this title, which is easily the best in the series. Although it shares absolutely no story from the first two CoJ games, that's okay; the cheesy plot is given life by being told through the memories of a grizzled, old gunslinger who is full of tallFor such an inexpensive title, Gunslinger is surprisingly fun. If you don't expect the next great wonder of the world, you'll have fun with this title, which is easily the best in the series. Although it shares absolutely no story from the first two CoJ games, that's okay; the cheesy plot is given life by being told through the memories of a grizzled, old gunslinger who is full of tall tales, and is unafraid to use them. I had fun with Gunslinger, more than I've had with most games in its price range, and even though the arcade-style shooting gets repetitive, if you take breaks and play other games in between Gunslinger sessions it maintains its charm throughout its short campaign.

I can't believe, by the way, how good it looks! The dev team milked the Chrome engine for all it's worth, and the results are colorful and full of wonderful detail. CoJ:G is a pretty and pretty fun game that won't set you back more than it's worth.
  7. May 28, 2013
    For $15 you get a serviceable, old west arcade shooter.

The gameplay is formulaic and can get samey, consisting of the main "shooting gallery" style gameplay and a dueling mini-game. The plot is what you'd expect from a $15 game: tacked on and goofy. The entire game takes place in the form of flashbacks from various characters telling tall-tales about Old West outlaws. The skill
    For $15 you get a serviceable, old west arcade shooter.

The skill system is extremely linear; you basically choose one of the three weapons to improve (revolver, rifle and shotgun) and choose from a set of two trees.

Call of Juarez is a polished shoot 'em up shrunk down into a bite-sized budget game. It doesn't have much depth, the plot is paper thin and there isn't much gameplay variety, but for $15 it will hold your attention for at least a few hours.
  8. May 25, 2013
    Finished this game on Hard difficulty. I must say that console mechanics ruined this game. Duels are frustrating, as well as quick time events. Nice, still predictable story. Fun to play, but only first half of the game, because gameplay is repetitive.
  9. Jun 1, 2013
    Lol I can't believe you guys give this a 10 out of 10.

Playable yes, fun no. You cannot connect with any characters in this game, the main character is condescending without any reason to act superior. Duels become ruined in this version of the game, hey guys lets add a accuracy bar, which ruins the entire duel leaving the character just spamming left and right. Bound in Blood
    Lol I can't believe you guys give this a 10 out of 10.

Playable yes, fun no.

Bound in Blood had the best dueling system it just gets harder and harder with each duel and no hud.

The screen is cluttered with hud everytime you shoot something.

For some reason the developers removed the corner shooting system entirely inside of Call of Juarez The Cartel, then in this version they ruined corner shooting all together, in the first 2 games if you are faced next to an object both of your guns get tilted up, it feels like you are actually in a gun fight. But in this one, only 1 gun will be held up, while the other one is entirely stationary like your aren't even behind cover.

With cartoon graphics heavy charcoal outlines it looks like diarhea, who in their right minds would make a western shooter like Call of Juarez with cartoon graphics.

People who give this game a 10 obviously haven't played the other Call of Juarez games.

Call of Duty is ruining this game industry, with these perks and Jeeeeezus.

Needs massive patches before it actually becomes good, maybe a mode with no perks, or a way to remove the heavy black outline, or a way to get legacy duels.

I know you trolls don't know what a real Real Call of Juarez game is, but the first 2 were damn good.
  10. May 23, 2013
    To sum it up in three words "One trick pony". I felt that this game lacks any real depth. It was so disappointing that I just created an account just to express my dislike for this game. The gameplay is nothing but shoot this bad guy, then shoot that bad guy, and 50 other bad guys, then have a quick draw duel with a boss. Having played Bound in Blood, this game does not bring much newTo sum it up in three words "One trick pony". I felt that this game lacks any real depth. It was so disappointing that I just created an account just to express my dislike for this game. The gameplay is nothing but shoot this bad guy, then shoot that bad guy, and 50 other bad guys, then have a quick draw duel with a boss. Having played Bound in Blood, this game does not bring much new for the series. It was mildly entertaining for the first couple hours (levels), but after I discovered it's just the same thing each level with nothing else to do but shoot people and progress through the story, I was pretty turned off. The level design is pretty linear as well, and it and the gameplay sort of forces you to move in one direction toward the next objective, and really deters you from any sort of exploration or just taking a breather to look around.

I was hoping it would have "some" high action fighting, then every once in awhile you take a breather, and get to do other things, like play poker, and do side missions, ect. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger just seems like a copy of Bound in Blood with a handful of new features such as choosing skills and the new scoring system. I just feels like your playing a bunch of gun fight (shoot out) stories that have nothing to them except killing everyone and completing the level.

If you just like high action linear story mode games that are completed in a few hours, then this game is for you. However, If you like more open world games that have great action, innovative gameplay mechanics, and high replay value, (like "Red Dead Redemption") then this game is not for you.

Because It felt like an ok shooter with decent graphics and story telling and gave me some entertainment up until I realized it's just the same thing over and over with no real depth. I'll give it a generous 6.
  11. May 24, 2013
    Even for a low budget game this is underachievement for Call of Juarez franchise. While it manages to get shooting and atmosphere right, it fails with its miserable graphics and storyline. Also game remains very short (I myself beat it in 3 hours or so...) I think this is final nail to the coffin for the game series, skillpoints system was also dreadful and nearly useless and hardlyEven for a low budget game this is underachievement for Call of Juarez franchise. While it manages to get shooting and atmosphere right, it fails with its miserable graphics and storyline. Also game remains very short (I myself beat it in 3 hours or so...) I think this is final nail to the coffin for the game series, skillpoints system was also dreadful and nearly useless and hardly affected anything at all. Expand
  12. Jun 17, 2013
    I need to rewrite my review of this which I wrote in haste. This is the first time I tried to play for any duration and the postbox field of view has me feeling so ill I just can play it. Reminds me of why i had to get rid of my console. Catastrophic and a pity as it was a fun game.

No replay value at all so a very short linear game but worth it if you get it cheap and need some entertainment for the weekend unless looking through a tiny letterbox field of view makes you ill.
  13. JEK
    Jun 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Last week I was reading the review section and there are lots of positive reviews so I decided to get the game. At first it's quite fun because it's been a long time since I've played a western shooting game. Aftter the 2nd episode I felt like it's purely shooting game, your mission is to shoot and shoot and shoot.
    I like the blood splatter, the concentration, the 1 on 1 showdown. But overall it's like an arcade game with movement.

The narrative is very good but the problem is they overdo it. The game was very short. I was expecting Horse riding or any special Mission.

Overall, the game was smooth, the graphics good, AI cardboard AI.

The collection of nuggets was great to see the story of every outlaw.

It's an average game.
  14. May 30, 2013
    After the last Call of Juarez game was a failed reach for the stars somebody went back to the roots. A simple and fun arcade shooter.

A rather strange decision was to tack on a leveling system and skills. While it sounds like fun it lead to a limited number of enemies to prevent you from getting unlimited XP and in turn an at times rather dull story mode. Which is also pretty short and has some strange quirks like giving you default weapons at the start of each level instead of your favorites.

In essence, if you haven't played 'Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood start there. If you liked it and absolutely need new stuff try Gunslinger but don't expect it to be better.

Still it's not a bad game. I'll give it a 7.
  15. Jun 6, 2013
    It is hard to rate this game by comparing it with other games. So lets keep the facts based on the game. Gunslinger tells us the story of how the protagonist is killing and interacting with famous western Characters, like Billy the Kid or the Dalton Brothers. Every character has its own Story that is told which is in general combined to an overall story of the protagonist.
    The gameplay is
    The gameplay is very basic and as far as I can say, the shooting itself is relatively unprecice. Very often I was wondering myself why I didnt hit an enemy even though I was definitivly sure I hit.
    Along with that the game comes with a score based rating, which counts your headshots and combo kills and rates it.
    Funny parts of the game are definitivly when the story is changed while telling and so does the level at the same time. This is something that makes Gunslinger pretty unique.

In general comapred to other Shooters, this game is more then average but only costs 15 Euros so its worth its price and thats why I give it a 7 out of 10
  16. Oct 21, 2015
    Starts out pretty fun, but gets old pretty fast.
    For one thing it's hard to differentiate the visuals, to pick the characters out from the background, the way they shade everything in a dark high contrast way.
    They could have done something to make the NPCs stand out from the background. The game play, from the visuals and reaction/feedback, makes me feel distanced from the game.
    Starts out pretty fun, but gets old pretty fast.
    They could have done something to make the NPCs stand out from the background.

Then there are the cut scenes. Kind of neat at first but then you see the guy is like the Forest Gump of the Western world. He/you just happen to know all the famous outlaws and cross paths with them all.

Goes from a sort of tolerating humor to being overrun and sanctimonious. I don't want a game telling me so and so outlaw was really a nice person and is just understood and so on.
    The designer(s) of this game took them self a little to seriously.
    At least if I could only skip these dialogs, but many you can't.

I would rather had more action and less silliness.
  17. ave
    Feb 23, 2016
    To be fair, I've played Call of Juarez twice in easy mode. The game has many qualities, even if some aspect of the gameplay are sometimes confusing or frustrating.

First, it's a story-driven game ("aka constrained"). It's like a journey into the legends of the Wild West along with bounty hunter Silas Greaves. The recreation of the old west is pleasant and inventive. If you pay attention to the story, the game ending might not be a complete surprise, though.

The most pleasant part of the gameplay is (in my opinion), to shoot with two revolvers in your hand. You can still aim and there is no strange "left click for left gun / right click for right gun" scheme. Just click and deliver.

Two other mechanics are also interesting : Focus (time slows down and enemies are highlighted) and Cheat Death (time slows down and you can either lean left or right to dodge bullets). You feel like the real deal.

On the other hand, the game suffers from the fact that sometimes you just can't see who's shooting at you unless you expose yourself to receive a bullet and track down the shooter (the same problem that plagues ROTT Redux).

A last note about the Duel section. The game mechanics completely changes here, you have to position your hand to gain speed, and place a moving target on your opponent to gain accuracy. Once you feel you you have enough of both, you can either shoot before your opponent (not honorable) or shoot after he has drawn and dodge a bullet (honorable). Even if the mechanic is inventive, you really cannot capitalize on it since a duel is kind of draining (especially if you loose) and can drive you out of the game.

But it's a good game anyway :) At least one I enjoyed from the CoJ serie !
  18. Aug 11, 2015
    Go ahead and rent it. A weekend walkthrough. There is nothing new about it. The game feels an like indie title. Restricted budgetwise in many areas. Not too boring but one playthrough is enough already. One more game under my belt, neeeeext. 69/100 from me.

GAMEPLAY First player perspective with few different guns going through tunnels that are to look like open areas. No interactive

GAMEPLAY
    First player perspective with few different guns going through tunnels that are to look like open areas. No interactive surfaces, very simple movement. Enter map, crouch behind a house, point and shoot. Only one route and only one way of dealing with your enemies. Loads of scripted scenes with hundreds of mindless AI.
    I wouldn`t have a problem with it if it wasn`t for the silly sequences where the player ends up surrounded by swarms of enemies spawning repeatedly. You shoot them, a boss appears, you shoot him aaaaaand cutscene. And the whole playthrough goes like this. Very little variety.
    Great part is the duel feature. You use wsad and mouse to ready your hand and you reach it with mouse button and shoot. Fairly simple and cool to use. Every duel is a little different as the player faces historical characters throughout. Overall makes for a good break material in between the usual go there and shoot stuff. The thing is that after a play like that you would want something more, but no. You shoot the guy one on one, then the usual fpp stuff continues to the end.
    The guns look and feel good. Shooting is ok, the hands working look ok. There are some special ‘golden’ guns but besides some special features like +50% reload speed or damage there is nothing more to them. You pick`em, because you`re tired of seeing shot enemies get up again and again.
    Player special skills that you unlock are not interesting at all. Reload wile running, longer focus time, better zoom etc. They`re ok but don`t change the gameplay enough to keep it interesting after the first positive impression that lasts about 1-2 hours.

STORY
    Cliche. Linear adventures with corny dialogues. A tiny bit little twist right at the very end of the story. Bunch of screens, great storytelling by a nice old man like voiceover. Not bad but like I said, nothing new here.
    There are some collectibles called “Nuggets of truth” that are fairly easy to see. You collect them so you can enter a menu with some very interesting notes and stories about the Wild West as a whole. Gives a nice insight to the story, explains some wild west famous mysteries - written quite well and concise so I enjoyed reading all of them.

GRAPHICS
    Cell like graphic style similar to Borderlands with comic like additions. Whether one likes it is totally dependant on one`s taste. Looks good and works well on most PCs. I can`t really say anything more. The environment, maps, models, guns, everything looks alright.

MUSIC
    Good western music. Slow when storytelling, fast when there is action. Makes up for most of the game`s mood. Overall sound quality is top notch and about the only feature in this game I`d say that is better than average.
  19. Oct 8, 2013
    I had high hopes for Gunslinger. A series of good reviews gave me the impression it was a well constructed return to old-fashioned shooters, with a good chunk of humour and innovation thrown in for good measure. But it's only nearly those things.
    There's a lot to like; great visuals, engaging combat, a humourous but exciting plot, and lots and lots of shooting. But, for me, a number of things just ruin it beyond repair; the insta-death QTEs, the stupid black border, the hideously low FOV, the duels, the poorly integrated bullet-time, the constant stopping and breaks in gameplay, and the stupidly distracting HUD elements and key-press reminders. Yes, I know there are hacks to remove the borders and fix the FOV, and these fixes allowed me to progress further than five minutes into the game, but I'm reviewing the game in its vanilla state (as I did with Far Cry 3), and it's disappointing how these games still treat everyone like 6 year-olds without giving me the option to TURN THEM THE HELL OFF. Does that make me picky or elitist? Then so be it. Maybe other people are too easily pleased because they've been spoon-fed this console crap for so many years. Seriously; screw this nonsense. Screw it all the way back to 2005.
    Like many modern shooters over the last seven or eight years, a great game utterly ruined by the usual console trappings that all developers seem to think they have to force on all players. This could have been a modern DOOM meets A Fistful of Dollars, but it wasn't.
  20. Aug 13, 2014
    The game while in a great setting and solid mechanics fails to use this potential. After a strong start while fresh the game quickly becomes highly repetitive and a chore to finish.

That being said it is still quite fun but it fails to keep those levels up.
  21. Aug 2, 2013
    Patrząc na nowego CoJ, wspomninam czasy starych Call of Juarez. Chociażby świetne "Więzy krwi". Ta grafika, ta fabuła, do tego klimat skarbu Juarez. Szkoda że Gunslinger nie mógł zapewnić mi żadnej z tych cech. Grafiki nawet nie chce mi sie komentować, takiej zlepki zamazanych tekstur nie widziałem nawet w najstarszym Call of Juarez. Prowadzenie fabuły jest ciekawe, jeżeli chodzi oPatrząc na nowego CoJ, wspomninam czasy starych Call of Juarez. Chociażby świetne "Więzy krwi". Ta grafika, ta fabuła, do tego klimat skarbu Juarez. Szkoda że Gunslinger nie mógł zapewnić mi żadnej z tych cech. Grafiki nawet nie chce mi sie komentować, takiej zlepki zamazanych tekstur nie widziałem nawet w najstarszym Call of Juarez. Prowadzenie fabuły jest ciekawe, jeżeli chodzi o opowiadanie całej historii przez głównego bochatera, szkoda tylko że tak spektakularna końcówka była prze zemnie przewidziana już w połowie gry. Brakuje mi tutaj klimatu westernu znanego z "Więzy krwi", naprawdę dobrego klimatu a nie sztucznie utworzonego, przez pokazaniu osób bez żadnych cech. Brak tu również skarbu Juarez, który miał tak dużą rolę w serii. Bugi również przeszkadzają w rozgrywce. Przez cutscenki czy inne elementy widać ograniczony budżet. Naprawdę Techland, nie stać was na coś więcej? No dobra, ogólnie da się w to jeszcze grać. Jest to przecież ciekawy westernowy FPS. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  22. Aug 7, 2013
    Returning to it's roots, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger does it's precursors good after a series of "corporate farts" for lack of a better descriptive phrase. Gunplay is solid, gameplay is fun, characters~well... lets just leave it at the gameplay is fun.
  23. Nov 9, 2013
    I played the demo (which it 's very good) and I went and immediately bought the game but honestly the first 2 levels are all that the game has to offer in terms of gameplay. You do the same thing over and over again. Repetition is something that fully describes this game. And repetition makes things boring. By the last 4 levels I was so tired doing the same thing over and over again thatI played the demo (which it 's very good) and I went and immediately bought the game but honestly the first 2 levels are all that the game has to offer in terms of gameplay. You do the same thing over and over again. Repetition is something that fully describes this game. And repetition makes things boring. By the last 4 levels I was so tired doing the same thing over and over again that after I finished the game it seemed that the torture was over. Shoot bandits, then shoot then shoot again and guess what then you shoot some more bandits again.

Pros: The game looks beautiful, Some levels are awesome, Clever storytelling, Arcade mode

Cons: REPETITION, No gun variation, No changes in gameplay, No horse riding, duels are bad, they have you doing the same thing over and over again, No imagination from the developers, in some areas the textures are bad. REPETITION, REPETITION, REPETITION, No horses in a western game? Oh did I forgot to mention that the game is repetitive.
  24. Nov 16, 2013
    Not bad for the price, but far away from the quality of Call of Juarez and Bound in Blood. Very linear, not so interesting stoy and mainly focused on shooting. If you are aware of this and try to avoid comparissons, you will enjoy the experience during the average time for FPS (8-12 hours depending on your pace and collectables seeking). Has a levelling system that will help you onNot bad for the price, but far away from the quality of Call of Juarez and Bound in Blood. Very linear, not so interesting stoy and mainly focused on shooting. If you are aware of this and try to avoid comparissons, you will enjoy the experience during the average time for FPS (8-12 hours depending on your pace and collectables seeking). Has a levelling system that will help you on perfectioning an specific shooting style, and usually you will use the same main style during all gameplay, investing some points on other style you prefer as your second (dual pistols, short range, long range).
    I like the duel system, frustrating at first, when you are not used to, but eventually you'll finish mastering it.
    Collectables distracts you from main storyline, they glow, they give exp points and at end of each episode you are remainded that you lose some. But in the other hand, they are brilliant, explaining wild west real history with real pics.
    Have potential for replayability, changing your style or trying higher difficulties.
    Recommended for the price.
  25. Nov 3, 2014
    Fun, short game.
    The action is quite alright, but it's certainly not excellent - AI sucks, you're just running around for headshots for bigger combos, etc.
    The duels are interesting.. I guess. But the game would need quite a bit more variety. The narrative is not terrible and I really liked how the storytelling memory vs actual accounts kept messing it up in actual gameplay.
    Fun, short game.

However, both the narrative and the action are just a bit too "unreal" for my taste, getting a bit boring with "oh yes, and then there was the time where I killed 100 guys in the same way for the same reason getting the same result and probably this didn't actually happen.."
  26. Mar 29, 2014
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a badass spaghetti western type of game. The graphic is perfectly designed for a western game, the story is interesting just like the voice acting but the major problem is the difficulty...

Sometimes you just finish a level with just a pistol without taking any cover and some other times BAM dead. And what did hit you? You'll surely discover it! ... After being killed a thousand times, and that's when it's falling to an die and a retry kind of game. This game lures you with easy missions and easy bosses and then you will be stuck in an unfair and unforgiving level. Most of the time explosions are all over the place!
    That can be cool but if you can't see where you're shooting', it ain't cool.

In overall, it's a good but quite frustrating game since some death are not even slightly fair.
  27. Jun 23, 2014
    A very humorous and entertaining western story. Although this game is relatively short about 6-7 hours long it is of high quality id give it 7.5 definitely worth playing even if your not really into western type games.
  28. Oct 1, 2015
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger was short but incredibly fun. Nice visuals and a non stop action packed campaign.

If the campaign was longer I would have given this an 8 or 9.
  29. Apr 9, 2014
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a 4 hour, linear corridor shooter with a messy plot that constantly pushes you back and forth. There's no open world to explore and no interesting weapons to be used. It's a very basic shooter and I'm glad it ends the ride very quickly.

The art style is very strange and unusual. It tries to cover the cell shaded design but interferes with the actual graphics, it doesn't perform like a toony western shooter and feels like it was just slapped on for the sake of trying to be 'unique' while utterly failing. And what's the deal with those annoying black borders that take up the screen?

I'm not happy with the asking price of $15 for such little content. But I will give 1 score for the effort, it feels like they really tried to make a good game but decided to give up half way.

1. Jul 30, 2013
    The Call of Juarez series has had its ups and downs over the years, but Gunslinger stands proud—not only against its own checkered past, but against the FPS genre as a whole. It may not be a subtle or particularly nuanced experience, but it's certainly a cracking good time delivered with a style and confidence that's rarely seen in a full-priced title, let alone a $15 download.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 9, 2013
    Call of Juarez returns to western genre, and that is fine. A pity though, it imitates itself, even its competition. However, this story is worth it even without a happy-ending. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    Don’t mistake price for quality – this is a top-notch shooter, limited in resources but not in heart.