2.4

1. Feb 13, 2014
    This game uses the fame of minecraft and exploits it's fame into making a profit. Lets face it, minecraft is a simple game and is easily replicated with high school level coding. If you want this game or something like it, go buy minecraft but you probably already have it as (who doesn't own minecraft now a days) and download some free mods, BAM, you have this game. This game is basicallyThis game uses the fame of minecraft and exploits it's fame into making a profit. Lets face it, minecraft is a simple game and is easily replicated with high school level coding. If you want this game or something like it, go buy minecraft but you probably already have it as (who doesn't own minecraft now a days) and download some free mods, BAM, you have this game. This game is basically if minecraft were a lego set. That lego set has the ability to be anything you can imagine it to be....however, this game has glued that set together into something that takes away from the free spirit of what minecraft is and solidifies it into some horrid FPS game. If you want an FPS/build game, there is one that is 10000X better on steam and it is cheaper and has a huge community fan/modding base.....don't support people like this, it is like supporting the makers of ET for atari..... Expand
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    It's nothing but a bleak, **** world with no enemy variety. Gameplay is horrible. What made Minecraft fun is it's enemy variety, colorful-looking and good-looking world, good gameplay, and the ability to mod it. In Castle Miner Z, you'll get a bleak, **** world, no enemy variety, and no ability to mod it. In all, Castle Miner Z get's a 0/10 for looking ugly, no enemy variety, and ****It's nothing but a bleak, **** world with no enemy variety. Gameplay is horrible. What made Minecraft fun is it's enemy variety, colorful-looking and good-looking world, good gameplay, and the ability to mod it. In Castle Miner Z, you'll get a bleak, **** world, no enemy variety, and no ability to mod it. In all, Castle Miner Z get's a 0/10 for looking ugly, no enemy variety, and **** gameplay that would make an Enderman puke. Expand
  3. Feb 5, 2014
    The only artistic design choice this game has is not having any. A complete rip-off of Minecraft that dares to charge you money to play it.

Do not buy it or you may consider kicking the stool.
  4. Feb 5, 2014
    I can't even believe this made it onto Steam. Its just a Minecraft clone with guns, go play the real thing. On PC you can mod Minecraft and add guns and shaders just like this game did and get a much more stable, polished, and more fun experience.

The mere existence of this game is absolutely ridiculous, I can't believe the devs are so low as to ride on the success of Minecraft to make a profit.
  5. Feb 6, 2014
    I originally bought this game on XBL, and for a dollar, it was worth it. But ten dollars... That's stretching it. The game is always laggy and lacks basic options in the settings. It even expects you to have a controller to play. Multiplayer is impossible to play without a server, (not a terrible thing) which isn't as easy to set up as a game on XBL. Don't buy this game on PC unless thereI originally bought this game on XBL, and for a dollar, it was worth it. But ten dollars... That's stretching it. The game is always laggy and lacks basic options in the settings. It even expects you to have a controller to play. Multiplayer is impossible to play without a server, (not a terrible thing) which isn't as easy to set up as a game on XBL. Don't buy this game on PC unless there is a big sale.
    Summary: This Minecraft clone may look good at first, but has terrible settings options and lag. It's just better to buy Minecraft and add texture packs and mod it. You can only have around two hours of fun until you get bored. I don't recommend it on PC.
  6. Feb 4, 2014
    Another poorly done minecraft rip-off. Rather unpolished and unwieldy; as it costs 10$ you'd be better off purchasing the real thing and playing a modded game - you'll get the same experience with 10x the enjoyment.
  7. Feb 11, 2014
    Do yourself a favor and ignore people saying its a minecraft rip off. The game was not intended to be a rip off of anything and is in fact very original aside from the voxel based graphics tons of people are using in games these days.

I can assure you that anyone who rated this game less then 8 just actually did not understand the objective of the game or even realize it. Its not to just survive like other crappy games you know. Your goal here is to defeat the undead dragon in hell. You can find hell by just digging straight down a long ways of course but thats not where you find your enemy. You must travel a long ways in 1 direction. along the way you must defeat the forest dragon then the landscape will slowly change to sand and you defeat the sand dragon. then it changes to ice and you defeat the ice dragon and finally there is no more surface there is just hell and you can't get out. just keep going and eventually you find the undead dragon. Defeat that and you have beaten the game. Good luck cause your gonna need the best weapons you can get in your arsenal. Yeah you mine materials like in minecraft but thats where the game ends in similarity. The game is ACTUALLY difficult. in hell hoards of zombies will come at you. Expect to die a lot. You will get your money worth of play time from this game.

Like i said before. ignore these crazies that just say its a bad minecraft. They probably played the game like it was minecraft and failed to realize the true way its intended to be played.

Mine > make weapons > kill the dragons
    Good luck because its very difficult and a very long journey to reach the undead dragon. you may want to do it with a friend because you WILL die trying to reach the end and you can spawn on friends in normal mode. like i said before you will get your money's worth here. more then AAA titles that sell for 59.99 thats for sure.
  8. Mar 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. there isn't anything wrong with this game i don't know why people are giving it such poor reviews i think its amazing. the people who gave this awesome game a bad rating should just stick to the **** cod franchise Expand
  9. May 19, 2014
    This game is really fun with friends. With its new update the game now looks graphically impressive on higher end rigs. This game isn't a minecraft rip-off and has lots of potential. The community is coming back to this game and it will add more content in the future.
  10. Aug 30, 2014
    CastleMiner Z is a lazy, depressing and cheap cop-out of Minecraft. The game is beautiful, but that's the only praise right there. The crafting doesn't work, the AI is horrible, character models are ugly, and the guns just don't work. It's barely a game, and it just shouldn't exist. Think of Minecraft, now think of it watered down a thousand times.
  11. May 21, 2016
    This is possibly one of the hardest reviews I've done. There's a part of me that likes this game and there's a part of me that doesn't like this game. It is a rip off yes, but it has enough new ideas to redeem itself of being a rip off. I'm probably confusing quite a few of you with this opening so I'll just get into the review.

Gameplay/playability For those of you that haven't

Gameplay/playability

For those of you that haven't figure out the clown standing in front of you honking his nose in front of you, this game is a minecraft rip off and it doesn't exactly seem too afraid to show that. Now you might be thinking that if it's a rip off, why not get minecraft. Well, there are a few things this game has over the original game it's ripping off. The most distinctive difference that everyone notices is that this game has guns that actually function well, unlike the guns that modders have been trying to put into Minecraft for years. CastleMiner Z also has challenge, like MineCraft did, but the thing is about this is that it sort of adds into the challeneg but it also takes some of the challenge out. The basic objective of Minecraft was to survive, gathering food, cook it in a stove while stocking up on coal, keeping your health high. Your main objective in MineCraft was to reach The End, defeat the Ender Dragon. In CastleMiner Z, hunger no longer applies, which already takes away half of the challenge MineCraft had and you might be saying "They did this so it wasn't a complete rip off" I say "They use the same block style of MineCraft, that's probably as obvious as an elephant trying to fit in at a mice gathering" CastleMiner Z takes that Ender Dragon boss battle at the end of MineCraft and places different dragons throughout the world you inhabit. You might be thinking that it's great to fight tons of dragons like the ender dragon tons fo times but I beg to differ. The thing that made the Ender Dragon boss battle good in MineCraft was because you could only do that once in your play through and you felt really accomplished and triumphant when you defeated this dragon and destroyed all of it's crystals. With CastleMiner Z, it takes the lazy route to combat where there's no challenge and just blaze bullets out on the dragons and even though I felt triumphant after beating my 1st dragon, it quickly wore off as I progressed. Another thing that makes me dislike CastleMiner Z over MineCraft is its objective. MineCraft had you go all over the place surviving, going to the nether and fighting the Ender Dragon. Now, with the basic premise of survival gone in CastleMiner Z (due to the lack of a hunger bar and regenerating health) what does it do instead to keep the player entertained? Nothing. Without this premise, CastleMiner Z sort of feels pointless. It gives you the objective of moving North as far as you can but, it again doesn't show much challenge while throwing this weird objective at you. There are other game modes yes, but there are games that have pulled these game modes off better than CastleMiner Z did. I can easily understand why people might find these game modes fun but MineCraft was unique and CastleMiner Z tries to wrap up this weird deformed child of MineCraft and COD which isn't exactly a great combination, at least in my eyes. For people that enjoy this sort of concept, you will spend tons of time on this guaranteed, however if you're like me, you will get bored of this game quite quickly.

Graphics/Sound

The graphics is one of my main praises towards the game. I actually found CastleMiner Z really appealing to look at. It has this great tint to the blocky...blocks to make them have this blend of realism and make them look like they belong there. If you don't believe me, take a look at the screenshots. The sounds to this game is a mixed bag. While the sounds to everything is good, they're inconsistent. The sounds that have been used for everything, doesn't sound like they belong in one place, it's sort of like if you get unity assets and then top them off with RPG maker assets and a blend of Unreal engine assets. While the sounds are fitting to what they have been designated to, none of these sound like they should fit together.

There are some really good ideas used in CastleMiner Z and underneath all of these issues I have talked about, there is definitely a good game under here somewhere but I'm just not seeing it unearth yet.

Pros
    + Adds in new ideas to redeem it being a rip off
    + Cheap
    + Good graphics
    + Some will enjoy the gameplay

Cons
    - Boring gameplay
    - Useless objectives
    - Little to no challenge
    - Inconsistent sounds
  12. May 15, 2016
    Лично мне игра понравилась! Одному скучно, но с друзьями играть весело и угарно! Не зря я потратил 1.5$ на эту игру! Игра смесь майна и капельки DayZ! Так что 10
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Feb 12, 2014
    Minecraft is beloved because it’s a celebration of creativity. CastleMiner Z is the antithesis of Minecraft: it’s a depressing, cynical cash-grab almost wholly designed to hijack gamers’ excitement for Mojang. For 69p, its survival horror elements are a nonsense novelty. But at the price demanded on PC, we should be throwing it out to the creepers.