Championship Manager 2008 PC

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. DaveyH.
    Dec 20, 2007
    No-where near the standards that Football Manager has set, so i was bitterly disappointed. Although looks good, it is abit confusing at first look, but when you grasp this concept, you feel that theres just something that is missing that is what makes a good football management game.
  2. LeeVaughnM.
    Nov 12, 2007
    This game although a little harder to beat teams that 2007, it has come a long way and I am grateful for that!!! The training still confuses me but I think I am getting the hang of it.

1. Despite its flaws, CM08 is easily BGS's best game to date and is a commendable step forward for the series. Fun and accessible, it provides a decent alternative to the complexities of Football Manager. However, a weak tactical spine and the hit and miss match engine negate the need for any serious tactical tinkering, meaning that while its personality may be split, its mainstream characteristics still dominate its make-up.
  2. Since BGS took over the Champ Man series they have improved their game from a sure-fire relegation favourite, to a middle of the table side which is knocking on the door of European football. If these improvements continue, next year's game will be sure to bring home some silverware.
  3. PC Gamer UK
    Too fiddly for a casual player and not rigorous enough for those used to Football Manager's depth. [Christmas 2007, p.86]