- Summary: Combat Arms is a free-to-play, online multiplayer, first-person shooter game. Combat Arms enlists players into various battlefields across the globe to face-off against other ambitious soldiers of fortune, delivering gamers a high-quality FPS with an extensive arsenal of weapons, no lockedCombat Arms is a free-to-play, online multiplayer, first-person shooter game. Combat Arms enlists players into various battlefields across the globe to face-off against other ambitious soldiers of fortune, delivering gamers a high-quality FPS with an extensive arsenal of weapons, no locked areas, and no monthly subscription fees. Players earn their keep through precise marksmanship, teamwork and stealth.… Expand
I really enjoy the action and gameplay that Combat Arms has to offer. And with a free admission price, it’s kind of difficult to not at least try it out for a few matches. At the very least, you will respect the ability of the game to be fun, fast paced, and highly addictive.
PC GamerIt's a good place for casual shooter fans who don't feel like dropping $20 to get the crap kicked out of them in CS. [Nov 2008, p.66]
BobS.Oct 28, 2008Awesome man just started playing 2 days ago and already its so addicting and so little hackers from what i saw on the forums man.
ZuriT.Oct 10, 2009I've been playing the game for more than a year now, and I have to say that Combat Arms has become a pretty significant part of my I've been playing the game for more than a year now, and I have to say that Combat Arms has become a pretty significant part of my gaming life. I started out as a noob who didn't know one end of a gun from the other, and now I'm leading a very strong clan in the game. The game's engine runs seamlessly, even on lower-end computers, but it's also capable of high-resolution gameplay. I don't know of any other free FPS that I can run in 1920x1080 resolution. There are more than 10 maps to play on, all fairly small, but that's part of what makes the action so fast-paced and intense. The graphics, if you turn on the highest settings, are right up there with PS2 favorites such as SOCOM 3. The only significant problems lie in the people that play. The game is fairly easily hacked, but luckily, most people don't know how to write hacking programs. Only when new hacking sites surface is there a new surge in hackers. Nexon is not the fastest at getting the hack sites out of business, but they do work on it (ex: TGS hacking site went out of business Q2 2009) Also, plenty of people under 13 lie about their ages and get into the game and cause ruckus and chaos for the other players. The game does have flaws which keep some of the more hardcore players on games such as Counter-Strike and Call of Duty 4, but for a price tag that can't be beat (free! :D), players who don't have so much money to spend would definitely be missing out on some serious action if they didn't check Combat Arms out.… Expand
Jan 26, 2015I've been playing this game for almost 6 years, now. Nexon has made some miraculously stupid decisions regarding the game and how it worksI've been playing this game for almost 6 years, now. Nexon has made some miraculously stupid decisions regarding the game and how it works throughout its existence, but they've been able to make it quite good in recent time.
With the introduction of the Combat Arms Reboot, this game has effectively moved away from the pay-to-win platform that it once was, to another platform that offers a lot more balance between paying players and free players. Weapons that used to only be obtainable through paid methods may now be purchased using in-game credits, but with certain restrictions that many may easily find negligible.
Hackers used to be a much bigger issue than they are today. Of course, you'll undoubtedly see them every now and then. With Nexon's introduction of Black Cipher anti-cheat, hacking was reduced massively. AhnLab's Hackshield Pro (formerly the only anti cheat system in the game) is a total joke.
The game's not perfect, but it's been fun enough to keep me coming back all this time. Plus, it really does have the largest arsenal for any first person shooter to date, and that continues to expand roughly every month.
Should you play it? It takes some getting used to. If you're into Counter Strike, you probably won't like it. If you're into other free to play FPS's, like Crossfire, or Alliance of Valiant Arms, you'd probably be best off trying this one out.
Ranks take time to achieve, and consistent in-game quitting will slow your progress. Patience is key with the learning curve in Combat Arms.
Maybe join a clan; make a few friends.… Expand
Feb 21, 2013This, this game is something. I used to play it when i was about 11 years old back in 2008-09. Oh man, i enjoyed it, i even bought some NX.This, this game is something. I used to play it when i was about 11 years old back in 2008-09. Oh man, i enjoyed it, i even bought some NX. But you know, i got banned, my KDr was 3. something. Still no idea why i got banned, even tried sending several support emails, never got answer. Now that i look back, this game WAS cool. I have tried getting back into it after i got banned, but never ever if i can, since the game has more hackers, more rich kids that trows money into it and more OP stuff to be bought with NX. The problems are the following:
1. Hackers, biggest hackfest off all time! You just made a new account, congratulations, now you go into a recruit server and get your ass kicked by a hacker EVERY SINGLE TIME you join a game. Not only 1, but often several.
2. Pay2Win. Another HUGE problem, you pay money, you win. The default weapon is absolutely horrendous, so is the pistol and everything you start with. IF you choose to waste your hard earned money on this, you will most likely start using alot (like i did). You will be able to buy the best gear, and you are almost unstoppable when playing against low-rank players.
3. Ranking is incredibly slow. You earn ingame money so slow, that you will have to play for 3 hours to be able to buy a weapon for 1 day. Not only that, but all the good weapons are only aviable to purchase with ingame earned money if you have a high rank, which will take you a gazilion years to get.
4. Elite moderator (*facepalm*), worst game mechanic put into a game in the history of gaming. You can kick players out of your game if you want to? Then hell, why not just kick everyone who kills me If you even show a tiny bit of skill, you will get kicked out of the game ASAP. Now, what about non elite/super(!) elite moderator games, now no one can kick me for being good, but hold on a second, HACKERS!!! 50% of games outside recruit server and without elite moderator has hackers. Jeez, what should i choose, getting kicked by an with no skill and money, or killed over and over again by bloody cheaters? I choose none. 5. Whiners and cryers. People CONSTANTLY complain and acuse you for cheating. Nuff said
Dont play this game unless you have alot of money, even then, please, dont it up for us other playersd. Its a pain to play.
Now, why shouldnt i give this game a 0? Its not only the devs fault, but the player base. Disgusting little bastards, crying because someone is better and reporting you. Final thoughts, stay. the. out. pls.… Expand
Oct 14, 2013This game had some good features to it, in fact, a free to play first person shooter with a lot of guns and many to get sounds fun right? wellThis game had some good features to it, in fact, a free to play first person shooter with a lot of guns and many to get sounds fun right? well you are dead wrong! There are 4 problems with this game that kills it.
1. The Amount Of Hackers
2. The Online Lag
3. The Arm Shots
4. The Graphics
The Hacker rates are out of control, Aim Bots, Spammers, and a lot more. There's even a website all about buying cheats! And it gets annoying for every game you get into, there's a hacker. This is the biggest problem of the game.
The online lag is so bad, I can't even play it, sometimes when I shoot someone with a shotgun, 7 times, nothing happens. Then I die.
Getting shot in the arm instantly kills you... headshots take a while (unless you have a sniper) but if you shoot someone in the arm, they will instantly die.
The graphics aren't important that much in a game, but honestly, it looks like the game was made in 2004. When it was made in 2012.
Don't get this game. The trailer looked awesome but please do not get this game! I warned you!… Expand
DanB.Dec 23, 2008Game is very well done but is filled with HACKERS!
Jul 25, 2013Combat Arms is a free to play FPS. That is probably already a given, but what you probably did not know is that it is easily one of the worstCombat Arms is a free to play FPS. That is probably already a given, but what you probably did not know is that it is easily one of the worst free to play games ever. The gameplay is mirrored among many other FTP shooters for PC, with nothing that stands out. The game is overrun by hackers, and could take you a good 10-20 minutes to find a game with people who don't cheat. Nexus has done nothing to stop this from happening. There are some "story" missions and a zombie mission, but they aren't implemented well due to zombie AI and the missions being dull and slow. I've been saving this for last though: Combat Arms is the definition of a Pay 2 Win game. If you don't know what a P2W game is, it's basically when you are required to buy items with your money in order to win a game. CA starts you out with some truly awful weapons, and only gifts you weapon drops every level, which takes a while. These weapons are not permanent, as you get a range of times between 1-14 days. The second your drop runs out, you are screwed. CA also has a recording software built in (still wondering why people would want to record it) but it sucks in all ways. For one, there is no audio recording whatsoever. Secondly, the quality of the video is so bad that I would rather see people record it with an iPhone. In conclusion, Combat Arms is a masterpiece at being won of the worst games to ever grace my PC. The best feature about Combat Arms is its un-install application.… Expand