6.5

1. SteveP.
    Nov 10, 2002
    A system hog even on the best of systems, The graphics look like something out of playstation back in 96' , Horrible textures, lousy game play. Very dissapointed personally. Only thing i liked is the campaign mode! . Have the campaign mode on a game like Janes WW2, and you got yourself a good sim.
  2. PatrickW.
    Nov 27, 2002
    Sorry but its complete pants. IL-2 - Stormovik is head and shoulders above it. Even the old European Air War is more immersive, with MODS has comparatively better feeling flightmodels and its mutiplayer is still unrivalled. CFS3 is just old and trading on the Microsoft name. My recommendations would be ... Budget buy - EAW With a good system - Il-2-Stormovik or if you can wait till Sorry but its complete pants. IL-2 - Stormovik is head and shoulders above it. Even the old European Air War is more immersive, with MODS has comparatively better feeling flightmodels and its mutiplayer is still unrivalled. CFS3 is just old and trading on the Microsoft name. My recommendations would be ... Budget buy - EAW With a good system - Il-2-Stormovik or if you can wait till February, Forgotten Battles. Expand
  3. SteveD.
    Feb 16, 2003
    My computer is well above what's printed on the box as required. But, the frame rate is WAY too slow, even with all the settings on low. Very sad. Wasted money.
  4. GE
    Dec 31, 2006
    I returned the game to the retailer and obtained a refund. I loaded it onto a dual core AMD 64 bit system running at 2.4 GHz, and 4 GB of memory. My monitor has a resolution of 1680 x 1050. At the highest resolution the game could produce, the ground effects were patchy, with little detail. Viewing out the cockpit looking at the "ground" was nauseating. The aircraft were slow to respond I returned the game to the retailer and obtained a refund. I loaded it onto a dual core AMD 64 bit system running at 2.4 GHz, and 4 GB of memory. My monitor has a resolution of 1680 x 1050. At the highest resolution the game could produce, the ground effects were patchy, with little detail. Viewing out the cockpit looking at the "ground" was nauseating. The aircraft were slow to respond and extremely difficult to control. Don't waste your time or money. The product did not match the advertising hype. In my opinion, this game is a complete piece of crap. Expand

1. I have played a lot of flight simulation games; this one definitively gives you more control over the fate of the world than any I have played before.
  2. PC Gamer
    It simply wasn't polished enough before it was booted out the door. [Jan 2003, p.96]
  3. An experience which never rises above being a cool simulation, albeit a fantastically detailed and well thought out one.