Command & Conquer: Renegade PC

8.0

1. AlexS.
    Sep 20, 2006
    This game made me realize the greatness of Command & Conquer AND the FPS genre. I love the game so much and I can't wait for a Renegade 2!
  2. Aug 22, 2013
    Single player was okay, I played through it a few times; however, the multiplayer is amazing, if you get a good team together the strategy the game requires to win just makes it so much fun. Even being on the losing team is fun as you struggle to defend your base. If that's not for you, Renegade was easily modifiable and you could blow all sorts of time into changing the game play. In allSingle player was okay, I played through it a few times; however, the multiplayer is amazing, if you get a good team together the strategy the game requires to win just makes it so much fun. Even being on the losing team is fun as you struggle to defend your base. If that's not for you, Renegade was easily modifiable and you could blow all sorts of time into changing the game play. In all I love the game, and I still play it even now. Expand
  3. x3ll0s
    Jun 4, 2005
    I am the master of multiplayer, you cannot deafeat me!
  4. T.TBA
    May 21, 2006
    Although the single-player missions suck, with ridiculously stuipid AI bots, the multiplayer is really fun. You can try to win for your team, drive around in a tank, snipe, defend your base, etc. This variety of gameplay makes this game the best I have played. Buy it for the multiplayer.
  5. Oct 17, 2013
    One of the best games of 2002. And perhaps the best in the series Command & Conquer. Superbly realized the idea of turning real-time strategy into first-person shooter.
  6. Mar 11, 2014
    Absolutely, mindblowingly amazing.
    People generally complain about bugs. there aren't any bugs which make the game in any way unplayable, so they are fine.
    Single player? The AI is absolutely stupid, i admit. But this game's single player is probably one of my most enjoyable single player experiences. It deserves a lot more praise than the call of duty campaigns in the least.
    Absolutely, mindblowingly amazing.
    Multiplayer? Sheer epicness. It's like you're playing out an rts game from an fps perspective, and you can be any unit you want amongst the usual 30+ people in the servers. It requires a lot of teamwork, and the satisfaction you get when you finally blow up the enemy base is exhilarating.
    I wish there had been a renegade 2! was really looking forward to it!
    Also, the multiplayer community if still very active, for anyone who's wondering :)
  7. Jun 11, 2016
    This is the only Command & Conquer video game i played because it was FPS. Overall the game is very good but the boss fights and in general the difficulty was hard especially the boss fights.By the way there was no checkpoint so i was forced to save my game.
  8. Kev
    Mar 20, 2004
    Great multiplayer ... its such a shame it never really got off the ground. I found there was no real strong multyplayer community, for example, no one used the chat rooms, the 40-people-servers were the chat rooms, which dissapointed me. Game servers like game spy arcade and msn gaming zone force a chat room habitat before any games can be played, which built up strong multyplayer Great multiplayer ... its such a shame it never really got off the ground. I found there was no real strong multyplayer community, for example, no one used the chat rooms, the 40-people-servers were the chat rooms, which dissapointed me. Game servers like game spy arcade and msn gaming zone force a chat room habitat before any games can be played, which built up strong multyplayer community which in turn created clans...and there weren't enough clans in this game either. Expand
  9. DarrenM.
    Jan 7, 2004
    This game has dissapointing single player mode BUT the multiplayer is GREAT! :) (words won't explain just buy it and play it then you'll see)
  10. MarkH.
    Mar 1, 2002
    I don't like this game that much, but the packaging appeals to younger and older, so the package is right now sitting on my mantel-piece.
  11. RichardH.
    Jun 10, 2002
    I love the command and Conquer games and it was astonishing to get an eye-level view of the battlefield. The multiplayer is the best I have ever seen. The one flaw is the single player. To put it in one word------ IT SUCKS!!!
  12. DungenKeeper
    May 20, 2003
    I struggled a lot & look for cheats but thay did not work so i completed it the game with no cheats and got perfet results n the end with help from f6.
  13. AdamM.
    May 10, 2006
    Nice multiplayer! Graphics were behind its time, but it's still a fun game. I enjoyed it for Months! If you are a C&C fan, this game is for you.
  14. JamesB.
    Mar 11, 2002
    This game is awesome!! I love it!!!! There is nothing bad about this game. Thanks Westwood for bringing out a awesome game. All those people that say this game is bad have no idea what they are talking about.
  15. BradyC.
    Jul 9, 2002
    RiddlerX how the hell can u say that its based on Comand & Conquer from 1995 also known as Tieberian Dawn C&C also Blizards Warcraft where some of the very first Real Time Strategy how can u say its a ripoff of another game i mean Westwood thought it up way ago so seriously Suck It.
  16. Scott
    Apr 13, 2003
    For a C&C fan like myself this game is brilliant. You get to play a RTS from a FPS perspective! Of course I am talking about the multiplayer piece. Single player was cool but the multi play is just great. Lot's of strategy and teamwork is critical unless you are playing with a bunch of noobs. Only thing I can say bad about it is laggy game play. I have broadband and all my other For a C&C fan like myself this game is brilliant. You get to play a RTS from a FPS perspective! Of course I am talking about the multiplayer piece. Single player was cool but the multi play is just great. Lot's of strategy and teamwork is critical unless you are playing with a bunch of noobs. Only thing I can say bad about it is laggy game play. I have broadband and all my other multiplayer games rarely lag. Other than that this is my favorite multiplayer game ever. Collapse
  17. JoshB.
    Aug 15, 2004
    Awesome game.
  18. Michael
    May 1, 2006
    The game is great i love it!!!!!
  19. May 24, 2011
    Even if it gets boring to do the same thing in every level of the campaign the multiplayer is unmatched.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    Graphics were good enough but dated. Gameplay was alot of fun. Driving the vehicles was fun too, and not difficult. Plenty of weapon variety, like any Doom/Quake type game, to allow for different preferences. Not a short game, but also not long enough. Fun to play through and not unrealistically hard. It's replayability for me stems from the feel of it being part of the C & C environment.Graphics were good enough but dated. Gameplay was alot of fun. Driving the vehicles was fun too, and not difficult. Plenty of weapon variety, like any Doom/Quake type game, to allow for different preferences. Not a short game, but also not long enough. Fun to play through and not unrealistically hard. It's replayability for me stems from the feel of it being part of the C & C environment. A few bugs, like spending long periods searching for that last opponent on the map though. That bug did actually make it frustrating enough to take away from the game. However, always fun to install it again, and run thru it. Love that it definiitely has the C & C feel to it as well. Expand
  21. Aug 6, 2012
    Renegade is very much a 'go in guns blazing' FPS, rather than one that rewards stealth, strategy, or teamwork--at least in singleplayer. The campaign is enjoyable and has an ok storyline, but really shines in that you really feel like you're playing as a commando in a big game of C&C. The big-scale assault and city infiltration missions are definitely more fun that those in variousRenegade is very much a 'go in guns blazing' FPS, rather than one that rewards stealth, strategy, or teamwork--at least in singleplayer. The campaign is enjoyable and has an ok storyline, but really shines in that you really feel like you're playing as a commando in a big game of C&C. The big-scale assault and city infiltration missions are definitely more fun that those in various bunkers, research labs, etc. but overall it's well worth playing. The multiplier is where the game really shines, since it adds strategy elements via the bases and vehicles, and rewards those who use teamwork rather than just shooting everything in sight. Expand
  22. May 8, 2017
    "OH LOOK! We got good bad and ugly all in one room! I'll let you guess who's who."
    How can I forget that line from Havor talking to Kane? Coming from Red Alert and Command and Conquer along with Tiberian Sun, when this game first came out, i didn't know what to make of it. Since internet reviews were still not a thing at the time, box art and a lot of risk-taking meant that if this game was bad, I get burned in spending my school allowance savings. But its low-cost, back in 2003, and the fact that Westwood made it gave me a hint that this was going to be awesome. More than a decade later, I'm still glad I took that risk. Renegade is all about bombastic action and fulfilling your commando fantasies as a C&C player. because that is what it did, it was the answer to the question of what if a player could ride the awesome RTS vehicles as an FPS gamer. It was the answer to that question of how would it feel to be that guy that I ordered around to fight like crazy in the RTS. Renegade succeeds in most if not all of these things. The best part, is that the game has character. It didn't try to be realistic like the first Red Alert, it just did its own thing of good vs. evil characters with a lot of character and crazy thrown in and to my delight, it did it well. Havok's crush on Sakura often leading to disasterous things, evil scientists, riding a mammoth tank and going psycho with it, that annoying viceroid coming from that soldier you killed using a tiberium weapon and the crazy fun of trying to hopelessly dodge an Obelisk of Light by bunny hopping. The single-player campaign had an impressive and relatable storyline especially if you enjoyed the C&C RTS. The multiplayer however, was far more enjoyable as it allowed you to fight other players, buy (transform) into specialized infantry, buy and ride vehicles and even nuclear missile and ion cannon beacons that you can plant on enemy bases to destroy them because trying to blow up buildings with an assault rifle only is madness. Teamwork was necessary and it was rewarding. One of the best Westwood titles and yet another promising franchise that will be fondly remembered by its fans. Can someone please start a kickstarter campaign for C&C Renegade 2!?

1. Play Magazine
    While Westwood got the big things right, they could have done better on the little things that us gardcore gamers pick up on. [May 2002, p.57]
    Imagine a long-time Trekkie's glee at being given the opportunity to walk around the original 60s set with the cast; Renegade is the virtual equivalent for the C&C fan.
  3. If there is a drawback to the game it lies in that the AI is not overly strong. Considering that the enemy is engaged in a firefight of enormous proportions, running straight into a gun, or standing immobile with backs to the approaching shooter seems a little ridiculous.