Commandos 2: Men of Courage PC

8.9

1. Dec 4, 2011
    There's this excellent aura that works well with pretty graphics for 2.5D and its level of difficulty. There's nothing more fun than setting up a plan and killing a myriad of enemies. At first, it was really hard and only because I kept rushing. Finally I got around to accepting this wasn't a rambo-esq style game but more of a stealth and conquer. All in all, if you want superb strategy,There's this excellent aura that works well with pretty graphics for 2.5D and its level of difficulty. There's nothing more fun than setting up a plan and killing a myriad of enemies. At first, it was really hard and only because I kept rushing. Finally I got around to accepting this wasn't a rambo-esq style game but more of a stealth and conquer. All in all, if you want superb strategy, try out this iteration in the Commando series.

Design gets a 9 for the time it was made.
    Sound is just enthralling and the voice-overs are spot on.
    Gameplay is fluid and not restrictive for 2.5D
    Plot is average, nothing too enticing but it pans out nicely
  2. Mar 11, 2012
    This game is one of the best I have played, the reason I created a metacritic account and if you can overlook the dated graphics a truly rewarding experience. Single player alone would warrant the 10 rating however as co-operative with 2-3 friends it is astoundingly good and responsible for some of my most treasured gaming memories.

Recent mods can be downloaded to change the game and

Recent mods can be downloaded to change the game and make it even more challenging... as if it wasnt challenging enough.

Hopefully if Commandos 4 is ever released it will draw from this legacy and not the disappointment that was Commandos 3.
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    In my opinion the best strategy game. It has everything. A variety of tactics can be used to complete the missions ranging from stealth to assaults. The bonus missions, medals and ranking makes it even more exciting. A better thing maybe would have been to start the ranks from lieutenant rather than corporal but it doesnt really make a difference in the gameplay. Every mission has a lot ofIn my opinion the best strategy game. It has everything. A variety of tactics can be used to complete the missions ranging from stealth to assaults. The bonus missions, medals and ranking makes it even more exciting. A better thing maybe would have been to start the ranks from lieutenant rather than corporal but it doesnt really make a difference in the gameplay. Every mission has a lot of diversity and keeps you on the edge of your seats while playing. Expand
  4. NeilL.
    Jan 10, 2002
    Played the first one, loved it, played this one and loved it even more. The boys at pyro studios have really out done themselves this time. Excellent work guys.
  5. Sep 27, 2011
    jednoznacne nejlepsi dil cele teto serie. I kdyz trochu zamrzi, ze se nemusi jit tak potichu a opatrne jako v prvnim dile, vynahrazuje to spad hry a velikost map. Grafika je uzasna a szit se s vasim komandem trva jednu dve mise
  6. CBZ
    Dec 25, 2012
    Amazing game, great strategic elements and a very immersive music. Graphics are great cosidering when the game came out.
    Best of the commandos series and a must play for the strategy stealth lovers.
  7. May 7, 2016
    one the best games that i don t know it is rts or rpg ? but i love it . bonus levels , hiding pictures , for clever active players . and most the kills way i have seen .
  8. Albertw
    Sep 3, 2009
    i laughed at the NGM magazine review "insanely difficult, non masochists need not apply", i breezed through the game on very hard, 2 days after i bought it. This game is without doubt my favourit game of all time
  9. WasifH.
    Aug 5, 2002
    Commandos rulezzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Mar 30, 2002
    Awwwsome.
  11. IgorK.
    Jun 16, 2003
    This game is just da best !!!
  12. Fco
    May 4, 2002
    Lo mejor de lo mejor en esta clase de juegos... muy mejorado en comparacion con el anterior, pero es mas facil... que pena.
  13. ImranS.
    Sep 22, 2002
    It is better than its prequels. Simply great, but a bit difficult. Truly a revolution in strategy games genre.
  14. VishnuS.
    May 23, 2005
    Ohh lla laaaa.....the best game has come to my home.
  15. ABGGhaifitriAbgHashim
    Apr 6, 2008
    The best game out of the commandos series!
  16. GungG
    Feb 19, 2009
    Dont know why everyone say its so difficult. its pretty straigt forward. but its NOT a game that u complete in 6 - 8 hours. Loved Commandos 2 truly one of the best games in its genre.
  17. Dec 14, 2010
    Commandos 2 is one of my top 5 favorite games, and one of only 3 games i've bough full price at release because i enjoyed the first games so much. Not sure what the hell CalumL is on about, the game is nearly 10 years old and the graphics still look great. X3, Runaway and Fallout2 are not even in the same genre as this so why are even they mentioned?
  18. Jun 18, 2012
    This game is not for the faint of heart or the weak of mind.

From the looks of it, there are a small number of individuals who gave this game absolutely appalling, low scores. I understand the whole concept of 'respect another persons opinion' but dudes? I could beat the missions when I was 9. This game isn't hard if you know how to examine a few key elements. Like TurboMan...
    This game is not for the faint of heart or the weak of mind.

Like TurboMan... You say that you played the game for 7 hours and couldn't beat the training mission, let me just say it took me 7 minutes... You must have forgotten to use the radio to call in the tank (I hope so anyway). Don't worry, simple mistake on your part. Not worth an offensive 1 rating though.

CalumL... I'll do myself a "fiver" and wish I could rate this game a 30 to make up for your stupid '0' rating tacked onto that incoherent rant. You must have gotten killed a few too many times, am I right? Or maybe you didn't know how to complete a mission or two, and just stared at the screen for a while... I'd hate to see how you feel during "Is Paris Burning?" Your opinion is "utterly balls" my fellow.

GaborA: It's a game that requires you to think. Go play COD-5 if you want a puzzle game.

And last but not least, NGM...
    "non-masochists need not apply." I never felt any pain playing this game. Of course then again, I guess I didn't play it right... I should have stuffed my head between my haunches and used my toes to work the controls.
  19. Aug 5, 2014
    Simply One of the most Challenging and Tactical games there ever were . Take a force of Elite Commandos over 10 challenging missions over different terrains. It is better then Company of Heroes 1 & 2 . It is one of the best strategy games there ever were. Bonus Missions make the game even more interesting! MUST BUY . 10/10
  20. Nov 25, 2014
    This is probably the best PC game I have ever played. Despite some critics from the media, I don't think that it is so difficult thus it is harder than the average. And the good thing is that it is so immersive that even though, you can end up dedicating hours of time to pass this game without feeling any frustration for that.

More than recommendable!
  21. Aug 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. one of the best tactics game i ever played (behind enemy lines, Beyond the Call of Duty and men of courage).
    tactics - strategy - stealth...all combined excellent. i wish for more games like that.
  22. Mar 15, 2016
    It's funny seeing people complaining that this game is hard. This is what these kind of games are meant to be! The storyline is nothing special, what makes the game so impressively interesting and exciting is that each scenario adds another level of difficulty and towards the end of the game you really have to be skillful to be able to get through. That's what the genre and this saga isIt's funny seeing people complaining that this game is hard. This is what these kind of games are meant to be! The storyline is nothing special, what makes the game so impressively interesting and exciting is that each scenario adds another level of difficulty and towards the end of the game you really have to be skillful to be able to get through. That's what the genre and this saga is about and that's what makes any non-whiny league of legends kid love this game.

Also, it's the kind of sequel you could expect, keeps the spirit of commandos but adds a lot of new features that improves the possibilities a lot and they are very welcome.
  23. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 8
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 9

1. A hard game. Those without degrees in strategy gaming will find their task daunting and, in many cases, too hard to accomplish. Lucky for me I'm well versed in the ways of the special forces.
    Shines as one of the most addictive and compelling strategy titles of 2001.
  3. Feed the dog, kiss the wife goodbye, and tell work that you’re very ,very sick then start playing Commandos 2, and don’t blame me when you’re staring at the ceiling in the middle of the night thinking about how you could have completed the mission a better way.