7.5

1. Nov 3, 2011
    I've spent five hours, and I still haven't got this game down. Too much micromanaging, but not enough hotkeys or ease of access to do so. Still, when I've gotten something to work, it's very rewarding, such as using a gas grenade to put some enemies to sleep as I go in and tie them up. Silently taking out guards one by one (using a pack of cigarretes on the ground and a piano wire fromI've spent five hours, and I still haven't got this game down. Too much micromanaging, but not enough hotkeys or ease of access to do so. Still, when I've gotten something to work, it's very rewarding, such as using a gas grenade to put some enemies to sleep as I go in and tie them up. Silently taking out guards one by one (using a pack of cigarretes on the ground and a piano wire from behind, hehe) is another high point. Still, I've not beat one level yet.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but after 5 hours, I'm simply treading water in this game, not enjoying myself.

1. But this game is too difficult. Hell, we got frustrated by the tutorial. Not a good sign. By far the biggest problem is that you'll be fighting the camera controls as much as the Nazis.
  2. The game's high level of challenge can lead to some proportionally satisfying victories against all odds.
  3. With varied missions, nice visuals, and an awesome musical score Commandos 3 is a game you very much want to enjoy, but in the end there are too many issues to keep you from fully feeling satisfied.