• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Aug 8, 2013
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.
    It's shame. Cold War is over there is no reason to picture USSR as Mordor.
    But why to bother and read real history books? Let's just make another game about this terrible unhuman russians.
  2. Aug 12, 2013
    There are good games... There are bad ones... And there is a Company of Heroes 2 from Relic. I am really disappointed this site has no NEGATIVE rates, because that game deserves -10.
  3. Aug 7, 2013
    Disappointed with the game, there is no objectivity, facts are distorted! Idea to put in the game all the bad and the ugly thing is not good. I advise you not to spend money for nothing!
  4. Aug 7, 2013
  5. Aug 7, 2013
    In this game can be a good graphics and gameplay, but you have to know the history and do not throw mud at other people's exploits. Relic you are very upset me with his attitude to Russian history. The impression that you are Nazis.
  6. Aug 8, 2013
    I do not except concept with no regards on historical facts. I found this game very racist and inappropriate. There are limits that should be respected.
  7. Aug 8, 2013
    the game is the game is game is game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is
  8. Aug 10, 2013
    the screenwriter of this game needs to be dismissed from Relic.
    sillier and more improbable than the scenario I yet didn't see.
    if in the future you awake to do game about Russia, study history, instead of think out.
    >=/
  9. Aug 10, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss. Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge computer power for very little enhancements.

Snipers are worthless, no mines, or sandbags. Buildings look much worse than COH1, the User Interface wastes ridiculous space in worthless unit descriptions.

There are so many steps back from its predecessor, that the snow effects and 5% better graphics really cannot make this game passable.

And the little snow pocket watch. What! This is a serious RTS not Command & Conquer. Timed blizzards are ridiculous.

Very very angry at Relic. Seven years in the making, they could have just added some snow to COH1. Maybe a $10 DLC.
  10. Aug 13, 2013
    What is this game about?
    Cmon folks, betray your homeland! Some noble civilized germans are coming to save you!
    Those gentlemen are noble western crusaders who are forced to destroy evil bolshevik Mordor.
    No wonder Mr.Hitler called them "master race"!
  11. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. shame on you Relic..
    I cant Understand Why you try to change the history and how can you make the Soviet Union as a bad guys... are you serious its a propaganda.. not a game.. just shame on you.. pls guys dont buy that game !
    PLS DONT BUY THAT GAME..
    its a lie I will never buy anything you make any more..
    i have all DOW and COH 1...
    shame on you..
  12. Aug 7, 2013
    Relic should be ashamed of this game!
    USSR lost more than 20000000 people in this war. Liberated half of Europe from fascism. Thanks to them because you? Falsification of history is unacceptable, even in the game. I was disappointed in you. Shame Relic!!!!!
  13. Aug 7, 2013
    Balance between USSR and Nazi Germany is very questionable. Story line is weak compare to previous games and videos look really cheap. Generals are not that different and repeat abilities of each other. I know Relick was in bad situation of collapse and transfer to sega or what ever but they had no rights to sell such an unfinished product. 1 COH MUCH MUCH more better compare to this one.Balance between USSR and Nazi Germany is very questionable. Story line is weak compare to previous games and videos look really cheap. Generals are not that different and repeat abilities of each other. I know Relick was in bad situation of collapse and transfer to sega or what ever but they had no rights to sell such an unfinished product. 1 COH MUCH MUCH more better compare to this one. Finally USSR people were heroes i dont want to see another game who makes Russians evil, at the point when they saved the world. Expand
  14. Aug 7, 2013
    Relic, please make love not war. 'Cause war is not what you do best. Or make Warhammer 40k games, it suits you better no need to know the history of the world.
  15. Aug 12, 2013
    What a silly game :(
    Hard to believe that you can do something like this. Much worse than the first one Bad Company
    And yes. The history is piece of the characters are too stupid. I dont know how to play this... is it about heroes or what?
    I was very disappointed, shame of you Relic
  16. Aug 11, 2013
    Fake history. I expected stupid cliches and some anti-soviet propaganda in the game, but this crap is beyond imagination. Information war continues. Shame on you, Relic. 2
  17. Aug 13, 2013
    The company in game is shame and a shame. Thrust to itself into an ass such historical reliability. People at who lived through on other end of the globe, try to tell the truth about war to people who lost the family. The people which won war and saved the world for horror of fascist Germany are presented in game by the nation of pants of traitors and unscrupulous executioners. Kill itselfThe company in game is shame and a shame. Thrust to itself into an ass such historical reliability. People at who lived through on other end of the globe, try to tell the truth about war to people who lost the family. The people which won war and saved the world for horror of fascist Germany are presented in game by the nation of pants of traitors and unscrupulous executioners. Kill itself about a wall. +1 Expand
  18. Aug 14, 2013
    Debility game, and with it, and the writers are morons and natsisttsy. This is how we must not know the history of WWII, that would create such a guano.
  19. Aug 13, 2013
    Relic should have read a history book before making this game, it's shameful the way this game was developed in every aspect, gameplay is broken, a.i. is dead-stupid, no innovation at all, not even a good paint job to make it flashier than the original, nothing, fans get nothing out of this game, it's an utter disappointment, it's that bad, this game is irreparable, hopefully the sequelRelic should have read a history book before making this game, it's shameful the way this game was developed in every aspect, gameplay is broken, a.i. is dead-stupid, no innovation at all, not even a good paint job to make it flashier than the original, nothing, fans get nothing out of this game, it's an utter disappointment, it's that bad, this game is irreparable, hopefully the sequel will fix everything wrong with this one, relic owes it to the fans to make a good COH Expand
  20. Aug 7, 2013
    Its a bad game, without moral and any mind. Such big game studio made such bad game about USSR. I think the developers must be killed all of them for this.
  21. Aug 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Horrible performance. Graphic is kinda not-bad level, but it is not good as its requirement.
    - Mediocre Gameplay, Worse Game Balance. Infantry units are just expendable pawns, and Tanks are too expensive. and all units have quite bad player input responsiveness.
    - Stupid UI. Hey, if you Relic guys paying for that UI designer, I can assure you he doesn't deserve his salary and etc. Why did you made thread for UI remake if you won't?
    - Trying to make money without actual game contents. Which is vile scam. They tried to squeeze DLC out of Commander system, and they have all stupid same skills and traits. It's quite obvious that they Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Ved and made 5~6 commanders out of active skills only enough for 3 commander trees like CoH1. DLC is valuable only when Vanilla contents is good, too. To be honest, Ketchup on the sxxt doesn't make it delicious.

- I'm the one who have least reason to say something good about the Red Army(especially as a citizen of the country that T-34/85 ran over), but in this game, Red Army being portrayed as stupid horde regarding life lightly and murdering its own soldiers, which is not true. not one bit.

Of course, it is ungrateful, dishonoring US cold-war propaganda. worse than Soviet. worse than Nazi. Soviet is only one country that lost 15 percent of their population in World war II against Nazi. United States didn't. Commonwealth didn't. France didn't. I do not know who is Scenario writer, but he/she is disrespecting people who potentially saved his/her very life from Nazi world domination. If the title is still Company of HEROES, then you should have show proper respect to the heroes, especially when you trying to make commercial use of them. If you truly believe United States is only one country fighting for liberty(If you can find any difference between Guantanamo and Gulag...), please, GROW UP.
  22. Aug 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That game is just nothing but Göbels-Propaganda-Story. Poorly created anti-russian myths. Do no need to pay for play a washbrainshi t, pay enough for GEZ. Expand
  23. Aug 15, 2013
    this is a bad game.This is the worst game. In the game there are only false, but in the game there is no truth. Should I feel ashamed played this game
  24. Aug 12, 2013
    Disappointed by the Critic Reviews. This game doesn't deserve the good reviews it has received.
    Endorsing copy & paste game development is bad:
    -The game-play is almost identical to CoH 1 but it seems to focus more on action rather than strategy. -Graphics have barely improved over the original which is now 7 years old. -The Line of Sight? Advertised as new and revolutionary?
    Endorsing copy & paste game development is bad:

-Graphics have barely improved over the original which is now 7 years old.

-The Line of Sight? Advertised as new and revolutionary? Already in games like Men of War which is already 4 years old. So trying to take credit for an idea that isn't theirs...

-What is new? The weather system...

-Original CoH already has an Eastern Front mod...

Honestly I was shocked by this game. How could relic have fallen so far?
    My personal conclusion: Save money; buy CoH 1 and install Blitzkrieg mod (Which is active and still being updated).
  25. Aug 16, 2013
    Relics claims that Russians killed and burned THEMSELVES Russians alive and pinky pony German SS has nothing to do with it at all. I have one word for this: "WTF?!!!!!!!!". How more ridiculous can this be?!!!

Can any man burn houses with their own alive women and children for whatever insane reason?!!! Where in the world is this documented? How in the world could Relic come up with this UGLY idea in their hot desire to mix Russians with mud of lie of deceitful propaganda Russians the nation who paid MILLIONS of lives to save the world from FASCISM!!!! Many of the Relics staff people might have ended in German DEATH FACTORIES for not being Aryan enough! And it is RUSSIANS who SAVED them from that! For god sake, HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF RESPECT for the DEAD!

Its really, worse than Goebbels or coldwar propaganda. To play on memories of dead people is disgusting. This world is indeed very ugly, and Relic is of the ugliest manifestations of it....
  26. Aug 16, 2013
    Tayga
    Aug 15, 2013
  27. Aug 17, 2013
    As a history student, propaganda disgusts me. Avoid unless you're into Nazi Germany being the victim and Soviets the empire of Evil. Do they know the Cold War is over or do they think they scored one for good ol' capitalism?
  28. Aug 18, 2013
    It is disgusting game with awfully worked plot. Certainly most of all I am indignant of a game plot, in particular its historical component. How it was possible to represent so the Soviet army, knowing that first of all this game will create an interest among the gamers of the ex-Soviet Union countries!? It looks like that developers support Nazis.
  29. Aug 19, 2013
    How many people died during the Second World War?
    Respected publishing house is not found time to study the history of 70 years ago. Such a scenario is an insult to all Russians, whose fathers and grandfathers fought against the Nazis, not only in Russia, but also liberated countries of Eastern Europe from "brown plague".
    I'm going to vote against You the most effective way I won't buy
    How many people died during the Second World War?
    I'm going to vote against You the most effective way I won't buy the game "Company of heroes 2", although happy to own the license issue of the "Company of heroes".
    Ashamed, dear publisher and developer, this is disrespect to the memory and heroism of those who fought for the future of all of us!
  30. Sep 16, 2013
    Don't even think about buying this, let me save you the money and time that I unfortunately wasted on this horrendous game. I honestly think you would do better with CoH 1, which to my eyes is a far superior game.
  31. Jul 3, 2013
    This game is really not as good as CoH 1, not even close. The number of day 1 DLCs is total joke. I mean WtF??? this game got DLC like it was free to play game, but it is not. AI is also really horrible.
  32. Sep 5, 2013
    on of the worst optimized games of all time with bad graphics and battles i think this game is one of the worst games i have ever played do not buy this game
  33. Sep 7, 2013
    What is this? What has relic done with company of heroes?

First of all, the graphics are sh*t even if everything is maxed out, and the voice acting is sh*t and the story line is SO far off it's offensive! The weather system is f*ckin dumb and over hyped. The gameplay feels cheap. Overall this game is sh*t. Play CoH1 instead, at least its not overpriced.
  34. Aug 20, 2013
    That's why developers have to do so? Can not be done normally not a propaganda story? The plot is disgusting. Because people fought in the war for peace in their homeland for his people, and developers are exposed as if they were cowardly, bloodthirsty fiends who fought just to kill more people and get benefit from it!
    I think the developers just hate the Russian and consider them the
    I think the developers just hate the Russian and consider them the most uzhastnaya evil on earth, and the cause of all the horror and suffering.
    The impression that Russian is so bad that not only worse than the Germans but also willing to kill even their own people!
    The most vile propaganda game in the world!
  35. Aug 20, 2013
    Being an absolute fan and veteran of CoH 1, I was looking for a descent successor of a game, that was a milestone, unlike this piece of some ****
    We all know that CoH declined regularly as they revealed the 2 DLCs for CoH 1. While these were still satisying to play, CoH 2 is a total pain in the ass...
    Campaign: The story is a bunge of some bad movie scenes that tell a booooring story,

Campaign:
    The story is a bunge of some bad movie scenes that tell a booooring story, still including somewhat pervert sayings and focus on Russian culture reviews, made by strangers, but no Russian itself.
    It just shows again what wrong picture people have when thinking of Russia.

Ok, now back to the game itself:
    The all promising True Sight, the blizzards and the enormous Hunger for Hardware add up to this total disaster.
    The Mulitplayer seems to be good at first. Having played 3 times you already notice the imbalance between the hyperarmored Germans and the Russians. Using a certain strategy outguns the Russians within the first 5 minutes.

To conclude, I just can follow the reviewers that commented before.
    For the God's sake, buy some Beluga Vodka instead.
  36. Aug 28, 2013
    I am Russian and I'm offended by this. Seriously, Relic, why do you keep telling that the game is LOL HISTORICALLY ACCURATE while it's obviously isn't?
    "Most people have evil spirits. You? You have stupid spirits! Go see shaman, get hole in head. Big hole. Very big. Huge!" (c)Sulik, Fallout 2
  37. Sep 3, 2013
    As a Canadian Citizen, I formally apologize to Russian people for the crimes this game commits against your people and to the heroes of the Soviet Union who aided the allies in freeing us from nazi tyranny. You and you grandfathers will always hold a special place in my heart. Once again there are Canadian citizens who honor and forever will respect the sacrifices the Russian people haveAs a Canadian Citizen, I formally apologize to Russian people for the crimes this game commits against your people and to the heroes of the Soviet Union who aided the allies in freeing us from nazi tyranny. You and you grandfathers will always hold a special place in my heart. Once again there are Canadian citizens who honor and forever will respect the sacrifices the Russian people have made in the name of freedom and the eternal struggle against tyranny and oppression.

if you read this and accept this apology just indicate this "review" as helpful.
  38. Nov 9, 2013
    Like everyone else, I was really thirlled to hear that COH2 would give us a different approach to the way, from the east.
    However, After a very unbalanced Beta, I assumed that they would tweak the game, given its delayed release and provide us with something truly amazing.
    Well they certainly did. Amazingly bad. I played hundreds of hours Alone and in MP with friends on the original
    Well they certainly did. Amazingly bad.
    I played hundreds of hours Alone and in MP with friends on the original COH.
    This really rocked my belief in the series.
    The Russian Mortars, Mobile and Artillery were completely overpowered, then if you survived to get into a German tank, the game was all but won and lost for the Russians.

I felt like I was playing the game matches again and again, nothing changed, the Enemy did the same things over and over, not to mention, 3 Panzers firing at an infantry section on the ground and they managed to disable one and button another before moving back out of sight.
    How this happens is beyond me.

Terrible game and not recommended for anyone who was a fan of the first one.
  39. Sep 6, 2013
    Crashes,lags etc it's awful!Games campaign is crap.Games mission are not intersting.There is no Kursk battle!Soviet characters are so brutal and so stupid.
  40. Aug 31, 2013
    Political trash. Nothing interesting.
    Scriptwriters don't know what logic and history are it.
    Why are you creating game about if game has name like COMPANY OF HEROES? Who told you this story about USSR in WWII? Nazi Friends? I see.
  41. Aug 18, 2013
    Never saw a game with such a high hardware requirement but poor graphics. The game itself is not finished. (Missing features, bugs, crappy path finding, ton of lags/drops due to the bad p2p system, balance issues). Charging $60 for such a game is just a joke. The base idea is good (1 point), the sounds and music are well recorded (1 point). For the rest no comment.
  42. Aug 25, 2013
    I Not like this game, that a one big myth about ww 2! This project have only big politic propaganda! No funy to play. No money to developers! That's it!
  43. Aug 25, 2013
    There are a lot of posts talking about the incorrect portrayal of the Russians in this game but I am not an expert on the subject so I will focus on other things I dislike about the game. I have played the Original COH for years and loved it. I felt they had a winning formula and if they made the Second one like the first with upgraded graphics, new factions, better AI and better balanceThere are a lot of posts talking about the incorrect portrayal of the Russians in this game but I am not an expert on the subject so I will focus on other things I dislike about the game. I have played the Original COH for years and loved it. I felt they had a winning formula and if they made the Second one like the first with upgraded graphics, new factions, better AI and better balance it would have been amazing already. Unfortunately, this game suffers from horribly poor performance due to optimization. I have an intel i7 4700 with an Nvidia 765m on a brand new Alienware machine and can only run the game on the lowest settings possible after Auto detect. Mg 42's alone break the game and Relic has admitted to it being broken and is investigating a way to repair it but they already released a patch without fixing it. There is annoying lag when you issue orders. The ai pathing is absolutely horrible. In the first COH I could move a tank back and make it face a direction but in the 2nd one the same command spins my tank 360 degrees for no reason. This game is a huge disappointment and I would tell anyone interested in it to invest their hard earned money elsewhere. Expand
  44. Aug 26, 2013
    One gets the feeling that the developers just from a parallel universe where during the second world war defeated the Nazis. And the game should be attributed to the fascist, propaganda full of delusions about Soviet forces, just terrible, you should be ashamed developers!
  45. Aug 30, 2013
    the first thing i am gonna say is that it is not optimized for PC
    Less maps
    And FPS really drops while playing
    Seriously COH 1 was better than
    I expected more from Relic and they gave us nothing but ****
    Really loved COH 1 but COH 2 piece of
  46. Sep 7, 2013
    Relic Entertainment! The second this game was finished and sent for sale you managed to:
    - loose a fan.
    - loose a customer
    - loose your shame
    Good job.
  47. Sep 11, 2013
    This game in it's current state is horrendous and god awful. The only way to correct it is through extensive modding which unfortunately doesn't seem likely. Sega has announced a recent statement that it does not support modding for it's game and thus killed all expectations of improving company of heroes 2. No map editor and no official mod tools. This game is as good as it gets inThis game in it's current state is horrendous and god awful. The only way to correct it is through extensive modding which unfortunately doesn't seem likely. Sega has announced a recent statement that it does not support modding for it's game and thus killed all expectations of improving company of heroes 2. No map editor and no official mod tools. This game is as good as it gets in it's current form, which is downright appalling compared to the first.

I will never give Sega or Relic another penny.
  48. Sep 19, 2013
    All I have to say about this game: This game is a mixed bag. A bag full of shame, microtransactions in a full priced game, vomit and diarrhea. I just can't imagine what relic was thinking when they said "Okay, these improvements are good (no they're not), make it a 50€ game, and add microtransactions". Thanks.

I checked on the game on release day, and after the atrocius beta version I

I checked on the game on release day, and after the atrocius beta version I admit I torrented it down. I knew this game WILL suck balls. Unbalanced, unoptimized and ugly like hell.

Maybe the worst-ever sequel, and worst-ever RTS game, but surely the worst RTS of the 2010s. Even Stalin vs The Martians is better than this.
  49. Aug 26, 2013
    Relic shows us not how Germans (SS for example), but Russians are murdering unarmed POW, burning houses with Russian villagers inside, and killing their own fellow soldiers in cold blood. Relic depicts Russians as cruel and primitive barbarians, mocks heroism, sacrifice and death of millions who fought against invaders and defended their homeland. Disgusting! If I were Russian, I wouldRelic shows us not how Germans (SS for example), but Russians are murdering unarmed POW, burning houses with Russian villagers inside, and killing their own fellow soldiers in cold blood. Relic depicts Russians as cruel and primitive barbarians, mocks heroism, sacrifice and death of millions who fought against invaders and defended their homeland. Disgusting! If I were Russian, I would feel offended. I regret I have bought this piece of crap.

Just imagine like Canadians soldiers in COH executing German prisoners, burning French people in houses and killing their soldiers.
  50. Oct 16, 2013
    After 200 hours played, I'm writing this review.
    Day 1 DLC, Pay to win commanders you can only unlock with real money and only work with multiplayer, and one of the most bafflingly bad million-dollar single player campaign I've ever seen in a game, Company of Heroes 2 fails on all fronts when it easily should have soared.
    The amount of reviews that seem to skip the actual gameplay to
    After 200 hours played, I'm writing this review.

The amount of reviews that seem to skip the actual gameplay to focus on "It's a nice game" sicken me and only further prove the rampant decline of gaming journalism.
  51. Aug 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is horrible describing the Russians. Even though I am not Russian myself, nor am I from ex-SSRs, it is just wrong to describe them as the "evil red empire". This is a huge insult to all Russians and Slavic people that participated in the defeat of the Nazis, living or dead. Seriously, relic? I was expecting a lot better!!! This is probably even worse than the Eastern Front mod in terms of game play. Expand
  52. Aug 27, 2013
    Total lies about russians. WHy you think, that they burnt their houses at the start of war? Why you think they are fought against nazis in Stalingrad only because of this order of Stalin? What a stupid
  53. dpi
    Aug 28, 2013
    very disappointing single campaign. seems relic has very strange vision of ww2 history. yes, there were morons and bastards in red army, true. but that were single episodes. my grandpa and many many others soldiers were brave people.
  54. Sep 24, 2013
    Yet another trash "game" that is nothing but a stripped down demo, waiting to be "enhanced" by an endless parade of DLC. Another franchise ruined by horrible business practices. Playing this game in full will cost in the hundreds, and even then, it is a shadow of the original (totally complete and awesome) Company of Heroes. This game is great if you enjoy helping to fund a greedy gameYet another trash "game" that is nothing but a stripped down demo, waiting to be "enhanced" by an endless parade of DLC. Another franchise ruined by horrible business practices. Playing this game in full will cost in the hundreds, and even then, it is a shadow of the original (totally complete and awesome) Company of Heroes. This game is great if you enjoy helping to fund a greedy game executive's third summer home. Expand
    Sep 4, 2013
    Do not buy, comrade!

I played first CoH where americans were heroes. I expected Relic shows Red Army as heroes too (btw they were heroes, we dont forgot yet, they stopped most of nazi forces). But what the..? I am extremely disappointed. In game, russian officers are monsters. I know Relic dont collect many information, using first they could find instead. Its a fatal error for
    Do not buy, comrade!

I played first CoH where americans were heroes.

But what the..? I am extremely disappointed.
    In game, russian officers are monsters. I know Relic dont collect many information, using first they could find instead. Its a fatal error for people who develop realistic game about history.

Gameplay doesnt change. Completely.
    Soldiers dont jump over obstacles by themselves, are they stupid or what?
    They also never rotate heavy weapons without direct order.
    Truesight, Coldtech, is it all that Relic made for 7 years?
    Missions are same.
    Germans are overpowered, engineers for example.
    Game is less realistic than CoH1.
    And DLC's, the evil of all games, hate!
    Seriously, just keep playing CoH1, it is more interesting.

What I can say about CoH2?
    I NOT recommend this for playing and especially for learning history.
  56. Sep 25, 2013
    This is the most overpriced piece of crap ever.

Basically it seems Relic have spent six years adding snow to CoH.

57. Sep 25, 2013
    revising my review to 0/10 for changing the game to pay2win. GJ sega, by go screw up some1 elses franchise now too.

After buying and playing the original and all the Expansions and DLCs I couldn't wait to play CoH 2. Unfortunately its bloody awful. Its all just rush rush rush and the gameplay is frankly irritating and boring. The first game is the best in my opinion and each expansion has taken something away from the game.

CoH 2 isn't bad, its terrible. Maps aren't great, AI is terrible, squad control is fiddly and really is a step backwards, voice acting isn't immersive, environment isn't pretty or outstanding in any way.

If you haven't played CoH or Opposing Fronts, buy those. Much much much better games and good value for money now. Wasted my money and won't be playing CoH2 any more.
  58. Sep 29, 2013
    Anything they could have done means nothing compared to how they changed the history! Soviet soldiers killing their own for no reason? Anti-retreat units behind the ordinary lines, simply killing people? Soldiers, who don't want to fight for their country and their families? Total Soviet reign had a lot of flaws, but this game shows none of those, that really existed. Stalin was nothingAnything they could have done means nothing compared to how they changed the history! Soviet soldiers killing their own for no reason? Anti-retreat units behind the ordinary lines, simply killing people? Soldiers, who don't want to fight for their country and their families? Total Soviet reign had a lot of flaws, but this game shows none of those, that really existed. Stalin was nothing but pragmatic and all his actions were done on the basis of reason (without any mercy, that is true). Here we see the actions of maniacs lead by maniac who hates people and wished to loose the war. Total crap.

The game itself has nothing new, nothing interesting. Nothing you haven't seen somewhere else.

This game should be banned for Nazi propaganda, not sold all over the world.
  59. Sep 22, 2013
    This is the most overpriced piece of crap ever.

Basically it seems Relic have spent six years adding snow and racism to CoH.

Half the game content is DLC, it is buggy and unfinished really don't waste your money on this tat.
  60. Sep 23, 2013
    Ce jeu est nul, i'histoire présentée est complètement mensongère. Aucun progrès niveau graphique depuis la sortie du première volet (2006 quand même!). A foutre dans les poubelles. (toute façon je n'ai la pas acheté, essayé chez un ami et décidé de ne pas offrir 50€ cette équipe des bras cassés).
  61. Sep 25, 2013

CoH 2 isn't bad, its terrible. Maps aren't great, AI is terrible, squad

Very sad that one of my favourite games ever has stopped so low.
  62. Sep 28, 2013
    This game is now more like cheap pay2win asian mmo's with huge "STORE" button in every sub-menu of the game. It's not a AAA RTS title it's a simple,little machine designed to rip you off. Just check the game's steam store page and feast your eyes with tons of DLCs. Oh and now they started actual new units to the game..and you must PAY to play them. How is this fair in a competitiveThis game is now more like cheap pay2win asian mmo's with huge "STORE" button in every sub-menu of the game. It's not a AAA RTS title it's a simple,little machine designed to rip you off. Just check the game's steam store page and feast your eyes with tons of DLCs. Oh and now they started actual new units to the game..and you must PAY to play them. How is this fair in a competitive multiplayer game? Expand
  63. Sep 30, 2013
    I have over 300+ hours of coh2(check my steam profile), and i can say DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU AREN'T A CASUAL GAMER. Seriously. This can seems a good rts but in whole is a compared to coh1, for many things, it's an incomplete game full of cheaters and basically when you buy it you get just 20% of the game. P2W commanders with insane prices, theater of war empty or with $$$dlcs$$$, noI have over 300+ hours of coh2(check my steam profile), and i can say DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU AREN'T A CASUAL GAMER. Seriously. This can seems a good rts but in whole is a compared to coh1, for many things, it's an incomplete game full of cheaters and basically when you buy it you get just 20% of the game. P2W commanders with insane prices, theater of war empty or with $$$dlcs$$$, no lobbies, crappy framerate and elo system, automatch sucks, maps sucks, the players of this game sucks and his community. Expand
  64. Nov 4, 2013
    So i've read plenty of other reviews of this game, and its staunch defenders come across as zealots. None of them put forth any arguments as to why this game is as good as they claim it is, they just attempt to will it into being. Only one "official" reviewer got it dead right, although he did gave a low score of 20/100, but from what i understand his standards are high. I recommendSo i've read plenty of other reviews of this game, and its staunch defenders come across as zealots. None of them put forth any arguments as to why this game is as good as they claim it is, they just attempt to will it into being. Only one "official" reviewer got it dead right, although he did gave a low score of 20/100, but from what i understand his standards are high. I recommend reading his too.

I won't evaluate the campaign. It causes much controversy over how historically accurate/fair it is and i feel it has little to do with the point of the CoH franchise, which has always been the incredibly fun multiplayer and innovative unit dynamic and terrain interplay.

Finally some reviewers are going to say you should not review this game by comparing it to the original.
    Wrong! Considering its basically the same game engine, and the core idea is kept the same, you HAVE to, since if two games are the same, naturally you should pick the game which does it best. And more than any sequel, Coh1 and Coh2 ARE the same game, and well CoH1 still does it MUCH better.

Here is why:
    Despite the new game having better graphics (more particles, more gritty, more detail), it fails to improve on anything else from the original, and actually removes many fun or simply informative features. It also introduces an incredible boring grind reward system which is better suited to MMO's whose entire raison d'etre is "the grind".

One of the core features of the original was the commander tree abilities. In game you could decide, as the situation demanded, which tree you played, followed then by two different paths further choice as to how far up the path you go before you pick the low hanging fruit of the other path. This meant you could customize your commander path a lot, based on what was happening in game. In long games you eventually unlocked them all. This was a great feature.

This feature is gone in the CoH2. Instead they have you pick your tree before the game begins, and this shorter tree now unlocks their abilities one at a time. I also felt the abilities were simply less fun compared to the original (they are toned down to the point where i did not care about 3 out of the 5 abilities as they didn't seem to do anything)

The interface is another problem. It is so bereft of information and even color that unit effectiveness is impossible to gauge, and its hard to tell if your commander tree ability is unlocked or not, or even how to activate it. yes, i'm sure this can be overcome with time, but why? why implement a worse UI?

I noticed some unit damage gameplay changes that were long ago dismissed during balance testing of Coh1. Grenades are now ineffective (i threw MANY). They are now just something that does a little bit of damage to all the units. instead of killing a random amount of troops outright like it did in Coh1. In Coh1, grenade dodging became a hard earned skill as you had to watch for the "reach in my pocket" animation, and then run! I always liked the various unit abilities (fun a varied in Coh1), but in Coh2,there are just a handful, and they are weak.

Finally, CoH1 tried to make every faction completely different from the other. It was hard to balance, and they got a lot of criticism for how it was balanced, but it created a wonderful diversity. CoH2 just gives us two factions that are too similar, and also they are too similar to the ones in CoH1. So factions-wise. nothing interesting.

anyway, thats the worst of it, the commander tree, the grindy +2% crap, and the fewer unit abilities and weaker incarnation of them. I still play CoH1, and its the more fun game. it just is, and the graphics which were always top notch are withstanding the test of time, quite easily.

One simply MUST review this game in context of its predecessor. They are too similar, yet CoH2 is an example of game design failure and attempt to create a micro-transaction system that provides no value for money, and CoH1 is a wonderful triumph of design and respect for RTS gamers.

If CoH1 did not exist, i'll admit i'd give CoH2 7/10. but i'm sorry the pandora is out the box. we KNOW now what is really good in this type of game, and you can't close the box.
  65. Dec 11, 2013
    Thank you Sega. Thank you Relic.
    I am from Russia. And I was very impressed with the plot of this game.
    Now I know what you think about the life of my grandparents. You have found the worst of the bad. And you said all that was, was bad. You said that this story objectively. P.s.: This is the latest game that I bought at Sega or Relic. I ask everyone, who considers himself a Russian
    Thank you Sega. Thank you Relic.
    I am from Russia. And I was very impressed with the plot of this game.
    Now I know what you think about the life of my grandparents.
    You have found the worst of the bad. And you said all that was, was bad.
    You said that this story objectively.
    P.s.: This is the latest game that I bought at Sega or Relic. I ask everyone, who considers himself a Russian would join me. I think this position will be the objective.
  66. Dec 28, 2013
    Game distorts the truth about the Soviet Union, the gameplay has not changed compared to the first part of the game, the game is just awful, I got the impression, game CoH2 developers are fans of the Fascists
  67. Feb 15, 2014
    All the debate about "historical accuracy" is largely irrelevant as it is a GAME based on historical events -- it is not and it does not purport to be an actual historical document. Some people simply cannot move on from that fact.

More importantly, the game itself simply sucks. Surely my personal greatest disappointment of 2013 (with Rome II a close second, thanks SEGA for both!), a degeneration from CoH1. And the argument that "Coh1 wasn't perfect on release either!!!", it certainty wasn't but it had a fundamentally good design core that is lacking in this release.

There are those that say "ride it out and in a few years time they will have patched it into a great (aka finally playable) state". Guess people should ride out their crappy marriages year after year in the hope that finally they'll get their act together and live happily ever fairy tale after also.

Because if you believe it hard enough, then surely it MUST come true, right?
  68. Nov 29, 2013
    I played the beta, seemed it would turn to be ok, But afther a few months i baught it cheap on steam. And i already regret it. Gameplay does not come near to the first one. In part one you could choose between playing with a lot of micro (pvp) or build a nice defence and play relexed. This last way of relexed playing is not possilbe anymore. Even againts normal cpu i have to micro allI played the beta, seemed it would turn to be ok, But afther a few months i baught it cheap on steam. And i already regret it. Gameplay does not come near to the first one. In part one you could choose between playing with a lot of micro (pvp) or build a nice defence and play relexed. This last way of relexed playing is not possilbe anymore. Even againts normal cpu i have to micro all over the battlefield all the time. I do not always want to play like that. German armor seemed to be made of glas, it takes ages to kill infantery with a normal p4. Im spending more time repairing tanks and heal my inf then im actualy fighting. Its just a bad choice to choose this engine. Perhaps its a nice game for the people who love playing against other people. But i cant play it as a relexed game like i did coh1. Imo crap. I believe the makers dont understand what all the strengts where of the first part. Furthermore they make this game a milking cow with all their dlc's. All these commanders with basicly all the same abilitys but a bit reshuffeled.

The popcap is way to low, you can only have a handfull of units. No way you can leave a defence force at one place because you just cant afford it. You just move to one point to the other, finding out that the opponent just recaps the places you just captured. Boring.

So disappointed. lucky i can still play the first part.
  69. Oct 11, 2013
    This game has been marketed as a serious historical accuracy one, and the dev said they had done enough homework for the history. Well it seems that they've learned history from old cold war propaganda, and talking about the historical accuracy, I think even Stalin vs Martians does history better than this crap.
  70. Dec 8, 2013
    I have a decent rig and find that I can't even run the performance test on COH2 without severe stuttering at the lowest settings. Horrible optimization from a game that I expected to be better than the original. Stick with the original, this one is broken!
  71. Sep 20, 2013
    I'm not gonna say it's good.. cause it isn't.

Anyway, there are way too many russians complaining about "anti-soviet" and "anti-russian". First off, anti-soviet would be good. Second of all, it's not anti-russian. It's just that what you think is real history is just what your government tries to teach you, that they were the nicest and best people on earth, it's natural.
    I'm not gonna say it's good.. cause it isn't.

Unfortunately, commissars were often bad people. They sacrificed loads of soldiers. Many russians during the time were uneducated and therefore perhaps not the smartest people on earth, because that's what communism does. It relies on the mass to be uneducated. I don't quite understand however, how they can portray them as coward-ish. Well, some people only went to war when drunk, many in-fact. But they still loyally charged when told to, they had no choice after all. They might have taken some aspects a little too harshly, but overall it's not as "unrealistic" as some people here say. Then again, what they think is right is very unrealistic.

Either way, this game fails to bring in new content and new ideas, the balance is off in some places, and I assure you it is not only the germans that are "unbalanced". I would recommend just going back to company of heroes 1 instead, it's nicer and more innovative.
  72. Sep 8, 2013
    COH2 is a step backwards from the original COH. The maps have call of duty modern combat feel (Run like hell, shoot shoot shoot). There is NO defensive play. Population cap of 100 limits play style. Computer AI has GOD LIKE precognition of exactly what you have, where it is, and which direction it is facing. You have to mico manage the direction your MG or AT guns are facing. Me and fourCOH2 is a step backwards from the original COH. The maps have call of duty modern combat feel (Run like hell, shoot shoot shoot). There is NO defensive play. Population cap of 100 limits play style. Computer AI has GOD LIKE precognition of exactly what you have, where it is, and which direction it is facing. You have to mico manage the direction your MG or AT guns are facing. Me and four of my friends had hundreds of hours of fun playing Coop versus the computer. That isn't there anymore. No in game pause to allow you to plan and view map. I could care less about PVP play or ranking!!!!! Expand
  73. Oct 2, 2013
    Worst of tthe worst. No sli, buggy, crappy gameplay. bad performance. and just the same game in a new skin.
    Words do not exist tp explain my dissapointmen
  74. Oct 6, 2013
    I created this account specifically to warn gamers of how horrible COH 2 is. I LOVED THE ORIGINAL COH! I cant speak for the historical inaccuracies of the story line in COH 2, but I can speak for the game-play. The game-play makes it impossible to play as the soviets outside of the campaign mode. I watched videos on you tube and read countless guides, then I played 30+ games vs AI and lostI created this account specifically to warn gamers of how horrible COH 2 is. I LOVED THE ORIGINAL COH! I cant speak for the historical inaccuracies of the story line in COH 2, but I can speak for the game-play. The game-play makes it impossible to play as the soviets outside of the campaign mode. I watched videos on you tube and read countless guides, then I played 30+ games vs AI and lost almost every time on standard difficulty. The Germans have armor within a few minutes of gaming and you have almost nothing... not even RPGs or Bazookas to stop the armored vehicles. I have never played such an uneven game. I wish I could get my money back. Expand
  75. Oct 7, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!!
  76. Oct 8, 2013
    I believe there is only one reason why this game is exist. The reason is that nazi are alive and they have made this game for other nazi. Authors and publishers of this game should be imprisoned.
  77. Oct 10, 2013
    Great parody from Canadians. Apparently, Canadians have their own history books. To those who swallowed this story you can put the appropriate diagnosis. This game doesnt even deserve any points.
  78. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I feel sorry I have bought the game, based on critic review I thought it will be a good game, they give 80 rating to every game probably. I was wrong it is not better than Company of heroes 1 also it is anti-russian and anti-historical bunch of stupid lies which make me angry hire historian on start reading books before you make story. Shame on you Relic. Expand
  79. Oct 14, 2013
    I cant believe it they made a horrible story out of russian army, some of that, thas was in the game is true but they giving us this like it was the only truth about soviet army. that wery wery dishonorable!!!
  80. Oct 21, 2013
    Gaming is an art, where you can like a book to tell the story. This story is false and degrading everything they fought in the Second World War. Well at least not as shown in the concentration camps of the Nazis take care of the poor Jews and Slavs. While they were killed like animals everybody.
  81. Feb 19, 2014
    In short : Not worth playing.

Won't trust the Metacritic? Just check the Steam reviews, you can see some reviewers have invested 300+ hours to the game and still, they give negative reviews. The only good thing is the true sight mechanic. But then, it's not a really a strong leap in gaming. Warland EE and Warland Airland is a better game with realism in mind. The others? Bad.
    In short : Not worth playing.

The others? Bad.
    Pathfinding sucks. This alone should stop you to buy this game.
    Not to mention having to purchase tons of DLC to play a "commander". Some games still have the decency to not sell important things in DLC, but Relic thought that it would be great to sell out important things. Some game decently only sells skins or things to display, but Relic choose to be hated by selling out important things.

Congratulations to Relic for killing Company of Heroes.
  82. Oct 26, 2013
    Igra fignya i otstoy. Posle pervoy chasti i addonov ozhidalos' mnogoe, a tam fuflo. Nado bilo snachala chitat' otzivi, vozmozhno, ne bil bi tak razocharovan.
  83. Oct 29, 2013
    The singleplayer experience is ruined with utterly offensive plot and disgusting gameplay issues. As far as Relics say 'it's all authentic' the pleasure of playing this is second to none.
  84. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is one of the dirtiest, ridiculous and absurd propaganda in the spirit of the Cold War in order to not only distort the historical facts, but also to discredit the heroes of those terrible times
  85. Nov 2, 2013
    MID OR FEED MID OR FEED cyka cyka cyka
  86. Nov 12, 2013
    Extremely disappointing! I've been following the development of this game for quite a while, I really didn't expected Relic to release such a "broken" game. There's no real innovations, the game play is boring compared to the original, there's a real lack of cleverness in this new tittle: even the HUD Menus are a mess. The great COH 1 multiplayer mechanisms are lost. They should have keptExtremely disappointing! I've been following the development of this game for quite a while, I really didn't expected Relic to release such a "broken" game. There's no real innovations, the game play is boring compared to the original, there's a real lack of cleverness in this new tittle: even the HUD Menus are a mess. The great COH 1 multiplayer mechanisms are lost. They should have kept developing COHO as a free to play, this was way better! Expand
  87. Nov 10, 2013
    Awful game, do not buy this =(
    Nothing about real history of WW2, nothing about real soviet heroes. Read a historical documents before starting to write scenario of game next time, Relic!
  88. Nov 19, 2013
    I had such high hopes for this game after being a massive fan of the original. I spent hours on it playing multiplayer (mostly 2 v 2). The multiplayer in this most recent garbage is flat and nothing like the original. All the small things are just no where near as good. There is no depth in this game!
    I am just so badly disappointed after looking forward to this game.
    I even especially
    I am just so badly disappointed after looking forward to this game.
    I even especially made an account on Metacritic just to show my frustration! This game is HORRIBLE!
    every month new DLC commanders are released that are overpowered and completely change the entire game. THERE IS NO BALANCE.
    I want so badly to like this game but i just can't. I'm not sure how to portray anger properly over a review but just trust me that I'm angry!
  89. Nov 20, 2013
    Relic took one of the best RTS games that has ever been made and turned it into an elaborate, digital whack-a-mole that becomes tedious after the first few missions. I've never regretted buying a Relic game before which just makes this one all the more disappointing.
  90. Dec 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crap game !

Unbalanced, pay to win, lag... save your money and don't buy it
    Coh1 still the best even with cheater players and wallhack Coh2 is a joke !
    Poor Relic
  91. Zir
    Dec 9, 2013
    This game is a DO NOT BUY. Shallow content. CoH1 was far superior. Few maps, few units. Its as if they took our beloved original and consolized it. Performs poorly, maps are very uninspired and boring. Like city maps, sorry. This is a cash grab game and people that really know the first one will be sickened by this attempt.

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not enjoying it. They simply took the old game and swiss cheesed it, removed sweet features and content. The only positive thing I can mention is the variable weather but even that leaves a bit to be desired. Its more like snow blizzards that come in cycles.

Beware of fake reviews. After reading most of the reviews, most of the highly rated ones are blatantly bogus
  92. Dec 15, 2013
    Dirty, Russophobe, anti-Soviet propaganda. This game is warped history (not just ours, but the whole the world). The script Company of Heroes 2 complete nonsense, lies, and the desecration of the memory of Soviet soldiers. Hitler and Himmler Thank you, whoever you are!
  93. Jan 21, 2014
    You would have more fun if you slathered yourself in goat fat and walked into the middle of a hungry pack of wolves and kicked the pack leader right in the nads, I'm not joking! I was so looking forward to this game after the love affair I had with COH 1 and this game is the biggest let down I have had the opportunity to experience! It's not that the game is beautiful, or the new skillsYou would have more fun if you slathered yourself in goat fat and walked into the middle of a hungry pack of wolves and kicked the pack leader right in the nads, I'm not joking! I was so looking forward to this game after the love affair I had with COH 1 and this game is the biggest let down I have had the opportunity to experience! It's not that the game is beautiful, or the new skills and skill tree that you could use; or even the new units, I must say they all look great. It's the fact that this game is more buggy than road kill thats been on the road for a week in the middle of July! The game never runs longer than 5 minutes without a spectacular cosmic death crash that once crashed it will force you to upload the update again, never mind that you uploaded the update 5 billion times before on the previous crashes; which BTW takes around 30-45 minutes while you sit and wait for it to complete while it completey wastes your time. The best that SEGA can offer is "reinstall the game", or "reinstall your video drivers again and again like some demented parrot that has nothing better to say, hope that if it repeats itself so many times that you will either give up or you will believe that finally this time it might just work. Save your money and go purchase another game that you will have more fun with, or go to the movies; hell pay someone to beat the crap out of you, you will have more fun than sitting and trying to get this game to limp along and function as a normal game should. You have been warned! Expand
  94. Feb 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Blitzkrieg was way way better. This is just a garbage game that was created by Nazi's. Horrid graphics and optimization. I was so excited for this game, only to have it turn out to be garbage. I'm glad I never bought it. Expand
  95. Sep 6, 2013
    Played this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete wastePlayed this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete waste of money, absolute joke. Expand
  96. Apr 25, 2014
    The first Company of Heroes was greatest WWII strategy, but Company of Heroes 2 is worst game of Relic.This game has no historical evidence. This is nazi game for nazis.
  97. Oct 11, 2013
    A complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians andA complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians and glorifying the Germans. As a Russian I felt a bit annoyed.
    Multiplayer is slighty better quality, but the lack of a lobby pits you with random players, most of which lag severely or drop out in the first 5 minutes of the game.

What an awful game. Get the first Company of Heroes games over this POS.
  98. Jan 8, 2014
    The "Mein Kampf" of videogames. Avoid this piece of revisionism. Makes me wonder if Relic are neo-nazi's or just plain ignorant. Maybe both. This game should be banned
  99. Jan 7, 2014
    The average user score is CORRECT, it is about a 2/10. It is such a shame, really, as I have been playing COH since its inception in 2006. The rev 2 version is bugged, crashes often, needs a high end rig and video card, and just plain not balanced. You can't re-bind your keys, the MP often de-synchs, and the list goes on and on. Do I play it? Sure. Is Men of War Assault Squad better? YES
  100. Apr 26, 2014
    This is false, anti-Soviet, anti-Russian game that has nothing to do with the real history! It offends the memory of the entire Soviet people (at the moment all the people living in the former Soviet Union), who sacrificed their lives and fought for their motherland, their country, their people, their relatives.
  101. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. shame on you Relic..
    PLS DONT BUY THAT GAME..
    its a lie I will never buy anything you make any more..
    i have all DOW and COH 1...
    shame on you..