• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
1.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 5787 Ratings

1. Aug 18, 2013
    Looks like the "Russians" are running a campaign to downvote this game through hook or crook. The 0s are way to obvious and cheap. I won't spam votes but I feel the game deserves a fair chance at a very reasonable price it being offered at.
  2. Aug 6, 2013
    Je mets 10 pour équilibrer, cause des trolls qui ont du mal avec l'histoire. La campagne est plaisante et captivante de long en large, elle offre un vision réaliste du front de l'est. Les graphismes sont plus fins, la représentation des 2 camps est plus réaliste.

Le gameplay est toujours aussi prenant sans qu'on ait besoin d'être coréen pour s'en sortir. Certes ça manque un peu de
    nouveautés (A noter que les nouveaux mécanismes de jeux dus au blizzard sont bien pensés) mais la recette est suffisamment efficace pour passer un bon moment. Vu la rareté des bon jeux de stratégie, pourquoi s'en priver? Expand
  3. Apr 25, 2014
    The first Company of Heroes was greatest WWII strategy, but Company of Heroes 2 is worst game of Relic.This game has no historical evidence. This is nazi game for nazis.
  4. Oct 11, 2013
    A complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians and glorifying the Germans. As a Russian I felt a bit annoyed.
    Multiplayer is slighty better quality, but the lack of a lobby pits you with random players, most of which lag severely or drop out in the first 5 minutes of the game.

What an awful game. Get the first Company of Heroes games over this POS.
  5. Sep 14, 2013
    ZEROes the community here on metacritic is making metacritic not even work properly, this game isn't a ZERO how ridiculous, either hate it or love it, that's not what metacritic measures, give it a score. Ok this game does seem like a lot of sequels go backward instead of forward, I don't believe this game is any better at all from COH 1, but yet it is a good stand alone Russian front playable game, the snow I thought would be corny, but I really like it. Its kind of like COH in respect to gameplay the Russian infantry is about as strong as US infantry and tanks and cars do pretty much the same thing. I like the commanders but there is not a forked tech tree you pick a commander and you go linear down their tech. This game isn't a step forward its a good game, but it doesn't move the ball down the field at all, Expand
  6. Jan 8, 2014
    The "Mein Kampf" of videogames. Avoid this piece of revisionism. Makes me wonder if Relic are neo-nazi's or just plain ignorant. Maybe both. This game should be banned
  7. Jan 7, 2014
    The average user score is CORRECT, it is about a 2/10. It is such a shame, really, as I have been playing COH since its inception in 2006. The rev 2 version is bugged, crashes often, needs a high end rig and video card, and just plain not balanced. You can't re-bind your keys, the MP often de-synchs, and the list goes on and on. Do I play it? Sure. Is Men of War Assault Squad better? YES
  8. Apr 28, 2014
    I just bought this game on steam sale after the free weekend and can SAFELY say its not as bad as these user reviews. These user reviews are a bunch of crybaby commie russian internerds. Period. Theyll never complain about the anti-USA anti-reality pro-commy pro-stalin bias in warthunder where russian UFOs rule the game and events REGULARLY leave out US and UK contributions during events.

Now that thats out of the way lets get to the real review.

This game could actually be better than COH1 based on the latest versions balance. The DLC orgy is a little disgusting but i disagree that its pay 2 win. Armored Jaeger doctrine is a damn good base. So is the russian one with "hit the dirt". I really think you can win competitively with these non-pay doctrines.

Also, I was going in to the free weekend thinking I would hate the snow/weather but its actually really cool. You can sink tanks in frozen lakes/rivers with artillery and it will refreeze over during blizzards.

Single player is a one time thing. I think its worth going through once. The best scenarios are like carentan from COH1 where you are facing long odds defending a village.

Unit voices from COH1 are untoppable, its a step down, but im not going to mark down for that.

Honestly, if you dont know what COH2 is about and are reading this, just watch a youtube on multiplayer. Its going to be 90% multiplayer with some comp-stomp to try out new strategies and microing.

I give it -1 for the DLC ugliness and -1 for minor issues like disconnects during games.
  9. Dec 25, 2013
    I give this historical masterpiece a 9/10 and I'll tell you why. The solidity and accuracy of the flame textures licking the bodies of innocent civilians really captured my eye while engaging in the Company of Heroes 2 campaign. I was blown away by the accurate depiction of the true nature of USSR war heroes during the second World War. The massacre and destruction depicted in the historically accurate diamond in the rough was spot on with the scorched earth policy. My only gripe is that the original game had a more compelling story with heart wrenching dialog and characters Expand
  10. Apr 26, 2014
    This is false, anti-Soviet, anti-Russian game that has nothing to do with the real history! It offends the memory of the entire Soviet people (at the moment all the people living in the former Soviet Union), who sacrificed their lives and fought for their motherland, their country, their people, their relatives.
  11. Jan 11, 2014
    As a fan of the first CoH, I naturally got CoH 2 in the Boxing Day sales, however the game is unplayable! After the first cutscene the game runs with unplayable frames, dwindling around 25. Considering the graphics have barely changed since CoH 1, this is outrageous. I am sure it's not my Pc, as my specs are better than needed to play the game fine, at least at 80-100 fps on medium. This issue is known, and as soon as I can play the damn thing, I'll give a real review of it, however avoid this game at all costs, at least until a patch comes out. Expand
  12. Jan 17, 2014
    It’s a beautiful, gritty and spectacular strategy game, and while it doesn’t do much particularly new, it doesn’t have to. [VG] Enough said! For a RTS its 9/10 in my book
  13. Dec 12, 2013
    If you talk about history DON'T bend it!! (both to reviewers and Relic)

I don't understand why people give this game "0" because it's not historically accurate. And after reading some of reviews how it's inaccurate i see that they are even further from truth.
    it's not so good game as CoH was but it's not bad, especially if you have Friends to play with (like i do)
    i would give it 6-8
    most likely 8 for new as they have just given us modding tools, but i don't have any dlc's Expand
  14. Oct 9, 2013
    If a game claims to be based on historical events, it must actually be based on historical events, or at least attempt to do so. I cannot say with any certainly at all that the makers of this game genuinely thought they were giving it a historical background. Any merit the game-play has is completely obscured by the obvious and blatant twisting of history. I have nearly no personal connection with the USSR, but anyone with a minimal grasp of history can see right through this game's lies. Expand
  15. Nov 29, 2013
    This game is great. The detail is the best you'll get in an RTS today, and that's a breath of fresh air from the many games about building the biggest army and seeing who can rush the enemy base the fastest. Cover and upgrading units are a MUST or you'll be overwhelmed quite easily. Relic also did a great job with the two factions, Germans and Russians, which both play differently. The Germans rely on high firepower and training while the Russians rely on their great numbers and harrassment to overwhelm enemies. In the right hands both factions can be played effectively, and contrary to popular belief the Germans do not have the advantage (just watch Sundaynightfights on Twitch).

Where the game lost its points was the fact they were doing microtransactions for commanders the week the game came out! Being a hardcore Relic RTS vet, I bought CoH2 the night it came out full price (60$) but I was dismayed (PISSED) to see that there were a lot of commanders you had to buy. WHY?! If I paid 60$ for a game I want everything it releases with! This isn't even the commanders that game with the Delux version, which I can let slide because if you're going to pay extra for a delux version then you should get a little more but no. These were just regular old microtransactions available to anyone willing to shell out 3-6$ more than the 60$ they already paid. I would've taken off more if not for the recent update including 2 free commanders (made by the community) which isn't redemption, but its a step in the right direction. I am also quite disappointed in the DLC for the theatre of war as they just seem too short for something so easy to make, however I can let those slide since they were fun and the map-builder tool was recently released.

I wanted to give CoH2 a perfect score so badly. The campaign was well done with good pacing and fun scenarios, especially the stealthy/sniper stages (although I REALLY wish they did more snow stages). Also, I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms over the story. It's not the greatest by all means, but its not bad. Hell, the original CoH had less story than this. However, they could have improved the campaign by a lot. For instance, a branching campaign story could have EASILY been implemented through the use of the commander system such as using certain commanders in the stages would have different outcomes in the battle and story between stages. Also doing certain side objectives could have drastic outcomes in battle and story (Because the side objectives actually rarely had any benefits). See? That would've been LOADS better than a linear story Still though. It is a fun 14 mission campaign that leaves more to be wanted, but still delivers fun moments.

All in all, if you're looking for a fun tactical RTS with loads of depth Buy CoH2. Its a great game and now that the price dropped 20$ (its now 40$) I would recommend it to anyone. I had to take off from the score due to the stupid micotransactions from the start and the lack of innovation in the story arc, but I still would give this game a SOLID 8/10 because its gameplay is the best out of any RTS on the market.
  16. Aug 30, 2013
    I was so dissapointed, wneh I bought it. Storyline begins in GULAG. Where else? Killing people, that live in MY country, kill people, that FIGHT for my country... For Russia and other CIS countries its abusively.
    DO NOT buy this game, graphics|gameplay|storyline|A.I. is
  17. Dec 13, 2013
    Well done, you have collected the worst that was in a few cases and created this story! Apparently it was hard to gather the best that was in most cases, to remind the world about the heroism of Russian soldiers who defeated Nazism?
  18. Aug 6, 2013
    Excellent game overall. The campaign was fun and brutal with a more appealing story than COH1. Best part about the game so far is the Theater of War mode, which adds even more missions than the campaign with varied gameplay and challenge.
  19. Aug 11, 2013
    Dear developers!

Just cut campaign from game.
    WW2 is really complex and difficult understand. Make good strategy without any trying to make historical game. There is a lot lie from West about USSR, so, you'll spend rather more time to make a historical plot.
    Just make multi-player. Nothing else. Add more commanders, more mods. Even add more factions. This will be great. But don't make
    campaign.

I played in beta and I'm very glad by atmosphere (special thanks for "Za Rodinu! Za Stalina!" shout) and by gameplay. I known that campaign will be so I waited only multiplayer. And now there is chance that I wont play to CoH2, because of bunch of idiots in RF. You did great work, but campaign was great mistake. I'll say again: just cut off campaign from game and everything will be OK.
  20. Aug 16, 2013
    After the beta I was really confused, the GUI was strange to say at least, units, effects and overall look was quite bad. BUT after that the game was released and I have witnessed great changes that relic did and most importantly because of players feedback.

The game itself it interesting, units are well balanced, engine looks great (but i think that CoH 1 still looks better in that
    time), battles are paced and clear. The story has right emotional impact and is really well-narrated and don't mention the end which itself is really good. The "Theater of War" can be challenging, but that's what it is for. In the end the overall atmosphere is really emotive and incredible.
    The multiplayer is awesome, it's even better that in the first CoH, mostly because of balanced units (oh and inability to blob rangers or so). I didn't mention True Sight, because in the campaign it hasn't so much importance like in the multiplayer. True Sight is great and innovative (one of the greatest innovations for the last years I would say), furthermore it help to make some tactics useful and functional.

Let me tell you something about that negative reviews of players.
    Yes, the game isn't optimized as good as it could be and contains some bugs.
    BUT that are minor problems, the bigger problem (in my opinion), is the all "anti-russian propaganda". Now, this may piss off some people. Although sometime it's brought to extreme the point is right, soviet union has great (and I mean really great) losses, they jailed good generals and tacticians and then sent them die in front line, that's just facts (I know that, Russian come to "free" my country again long after war). Problem is that this is topic that's barely pictured. Yes you can love your mother Russia, but don't be blind to what Stalin did. This is controversial topic, but Relic did a great job in telling a believable story, that it's almost unbelievable what they achieved.
    So please, they did a great game (probably the best this year) from an Easter front and they did it the right way, do not blind yourselves wit ANY propaganda.
  21. Aug 28, 2013
    This is Company of Heroes for the Call of Duty generation. Not that there's anything wrong with CoD, I like it, but I prefer a more thinky game when I'm playing a strategy. If you want the RTS equivalent of CoD go play Starcraft, where speed and reaction time beats tactics and it's dominated by wunderkinds from the east.

They tried to make it more exciting, and faster paced. What they
    did was take away from everything that made CoH1 and CoHo great.

Gone is the crisp differentiation between units, gone is the extended and incredibly important "early game". It's been replaced with lots of very powerful explosions, dominating tanks, and a faster paced game. Ooo, more action. "Yay".

The UI looks shinier, but it's actually harder to see what's going on than in old CoH. Nice looking artwork has taken priority over clear and logical iconography.

Balance is off, Germans are better in every way EXCEPT much larger weapons teams, cheap and good tank destroyers, and molotov for Soviets, which makes them actually more powerful when those are exploited fully. Bit of a kludge way to balance it. The appeal of playing both sides is obviously lacking as well at any time there are at least TWICE as many players searching for a game as Germany than the Soviets typically it's 66-85% German vs 15-33% Soviet.

The much touted weather system is a massive let down. It simply doesn't add much in the way of tactics or fun. They recently allowed vetoing on automatch maps, and rather embarrassingly the community overwhelmingly vote out winter maps most of the time.

The online aspects, which we all thought were going to be pulled from the excellent CoHo (Company of Heroes Online), have turned out as a limp, boring shadow of the fun stuff in CoHo. Determined not to imbalance the game they've made them boring as hell. 4% more armour on a vehicle woo. I can barely hold back my excitement. 2% greater range on a machine gun wow! Yeah, very lacklustre.

Is it fun? Yes, it's still a decent RTS, and it's better than many. The AI is greatly improved over the original game, the graphics are slightly better not 7 years better by any means, but then CoH1 was incredibly advanced in that area to begin with.

Do I regret my purchase? Yes, unfortunately I do. As a massive fan of CoH1, I bought it in the week of release back in 2006 and it's probably my most played game since then, I was really looking forward to this. It's a big let down. There's not been any DLC or in-game purchases yet, but apparently they are coming, and that will only serve to further annoy me. I won't be investing any more money into this game or buying expansions until they're on an incredibly cheap steam sale for a couple of The £35 I spent on CoH1 7 years ago was the best value I've ever spent on a game, the £30 I spent preordering CoH2 is looking to be the worst.
  22. Aug 31, 2013
    Same game as the previous Company of Heroes several years ago! No joke, almost NOTHING has changed. Just a remake and strategy for winning first version will be exactly the same. Wasted $60. But, the original was a GREAT game., that is why they get a few stars.
  23. Aug 31, 2013
    Greatest game ever! This game shows all of us that Red Army was an army of stupid rats with cruel generals and just bastards. Our character is an a good guy tho (I won't do spoilers).

___________________
    I don't think that veterans of CoH 1 will love it, but i'm sure that any any guy who like this genre at all will fall in love. This game is the best RTS of the year! Recomended

Anyway, 10/10.
  24. Sep 4, 2013
    Quite shocking really. I have a fairly powerful computer, and I get slow frames and slowdown. Story is indeed rather boring. I actually stopped playing the game after the 4th mission. Graphics felt really dated for a supposedly 'new' game.

A rehash of original COH (but worse). It definitely didn't capture the magic of the first one and the expansions. Sad sad sad.

Don't bother buying
    this crap, and I have no clue how reviewers can give this TOP marks! Maybe try it when it goes for a 75% discount.. maybe.. Expand
  25. Sep 7, 2013
    Well, this game is not perfect, but I played it for 3 months or so and still like it. I am talking about MP. The single player campaign is so-so, and not historically true, but this is not a historical manuscript, this is just game.
  26. Oct 3, 2013
    Everything that was good in COH1 or even COHO was revamped and ruined, MP is worst! automatching is horrible, the Single player is one offensive clichés after another (mostly stolen from Enemy at the gates) if Joseph Goebbels made is pc game it would be Coh2.
  27. Mar 29, 2014
    This is not a strategy game, it's been totally dumbed down to the point it should be called an arcade game. The majority of it runs on rails, it's predecessor did also, but it did it better and made you feel like it was more"open" gameplay. This game was a waste of money, speaking of which nice to see SEGA turn it into constant revenue stream via steam add-ons. What the hell happened?
  28. Sep 20, 2013
    The so called Company of Heroes 2 has 2 major failure leads to massive Negative user reviews.
    1. Game lacks flash point compares to the original CoH, original CoH came out in 2006, the graphic, story and strategy playing drives player want to lead his/her company to victory, and yes it's a revolutionary game. CoH2 however does not improve much about the original and even step backward in
    game UI, unit AI and map design. Relic fail to impress players in new tech, and snow effect/true sight weren't a completely new area in a RTS game. Disappointing.

2. The story-line, a insult to former Soviet people and their sacrifice, Relic claim that story was historically accurate and lots of people says "you brain washed people should learn more about history." it's a joke, saying US and CA people know a more accurate version of soviet history than soviet people is a joke. Even if we take all the political stuff away the story-line wasn't even interesting! using a neither interesting nor historically accurate campaign as a political weapon to back stab an already collapsed nation, which I think it's Epic-Fail. Can't imaging Relic the game developer who made so many great games have done this trash. Disappointing.

PS: Why I won't mark this game as 0? I love CoH, this is one of my favorite RTS. for most part, this was still CoH anyway, but without improvements and a bad campaign.
  29. Sep 23, 2013
    it is a good game, it doesnt deserve the low score it has. the bulletin system doesn't seem like it was entirely thought out but it's nice to see them trying new things.
  30. Sep 24, 2013
    The worst game I ever played. Never will buy any game from Relic. Waste of money and time. Bad graphics,
    awful game play. Nothing else to add. Garbage.
  31. Sep 24, 2013
    This game is hard. Your four year old will not get a lucky kill or two here! Truly, CoH2 is for the true lover of strategy. Throw out your cookie cutter mob rolls from StarCraft and Warcraft, this game requires you to be active with your units. I've played since the first edition and this is a worthy successor. The environment is a little tricky with weather, but it provides enough game changing opportunities to be considered one of the better improvements. Expand
  32. Sep 25, 2013
    Amazing RTS game. Russian player does not know the history of their own country and trolling. Game is very cool. Beautiful graphics and good gameplay. I recommend!. 10/10
  33. Jan 2, 2014
    Well don't we all love a co-ordinated score bombing: It is true that the campaign for this game distorts the history. However it is a GAME. pretty clearly most of the Russians scoring this 0/10 for insulting their history never played the game, and simply posted their venting reviews. As for the game being too much like Company of Heroes 1, or an inferior game, I disagree. There is definitely an evolution of ideas at play here. And Relic worked hard and long to create a framework for gamers to enjoy a lot here.

The way the game was diced up to be bought as DLC is pretty terrible. Selling vehicle skins for dollars a pop is absurd when we are talking about 50 skins and probably more than $100! Sega are you out of your minds? That is ABSURD! Dudes give us an in-game workshop to make our own color schemes! don't be so greedy!

Despite the over-priced DLC and the anti-Soviet propaganda. There is a good game in here. Definitely wait till it is on sale, and especially the expansion packs which are way-over-priced. Ignore the skins and load up on 'commanders' when they are cheap.

And enjoy a good, high-paced RTS. 8/10 with a couple of points added to address the ridiculous 1.8 user score.

In terms of gameplay this game is a painful exercise in futile micro-management. If anyone out there wants to play a game that is faithful to actual military combat in WWII do not get this game. instead you should hunt out an old combat of Close Combat V invasion Normandy which is the same basic idea as this game but 1000 times better!

Orctowngrot.
  34. Sep 28, 2013
    Company Of Heroes 2 is an actually great game, It has it's ups and downs compared to it's procedure, CoH1. The game-play, in my opinion, is smooth and just a big fun adventure. But I think that lots of people are hating because CoH1 was such a great game, everyone compares it to that, so it's unevenly judged. I think it's a great game, and should buy it if you like a fast passed but strategic RTS.
  35. Sep 30, 2013
    So I got ticked over the jacked up campaign until Sega showed some tact. Once I did get the game I began playing the mediocre campaign. The main character whines like a wuss. I empathized with his C.O. more. Voice acting is meh and the character models are terrible. Some of the scenes needed more emotion to give a clear meaning to dialogue. Some missions where just lazy or boring and I lost involvement rather easy. Everything the Russians have feels pathetic while the Germans feel like Ubermensch. The later is fine, but a weak feeling faction is just annoying. Why is the T-34/76 not a tank? I already had a light armor vehicle so it is very redundant. Balance becomes a problem and comp stomping when the internet goes down is not enjoyable in any way. Territory connection can be ridiculous at best during multiplayer. I am not connected to the territory right next to my base because a territory out in bumblecheese is the link? The game has a lot of unused potential and needs much work to be decent. The only thing that feels fun is the Katyusha rocket truck. Katyusha spam on the campaign was entertaining to say the least. Fix the balance, eliminate redundant units, and make effective AI opponents and it becomes a decent game. Even with that it still shouldn't be a $60 game. Relic needs to go back to making games and stop cashing in on franchises with shovelware. Expand
  36. Nov 10, 2013
    The game is pretty much more of Napoleon Total War, but easier to play. With Napoleon, one is a sitting duck, but the game is pretty much extremely pretty. I thought I had to play Napoleon like Rome Total war.
    The commentary soundtracks are pretty special. All in all, love the game, (the reader, not me, I already do). I don't know how the Germans actually carried out Blitzkrieg, with the
    armor, the sub-machine guns, and other parameters, when the levels of military technology are compared. The German factions after their units are upgraded, have the advantage. The Panzer Grenadier has the weaker anti-tank rifle, but is armed with the assault rifle by default. But, unusually, the German anti-tank rifle is earlier in make and marque, than the Soviet counterpart relevant gun. The assault rifle can make the guards rifles look like they are getting mowed down, one after the other in number. The star units are the panzer Grenadier, and the Guards Rifles. The upgrades to the Guard Rifle veteran experience seem to be of no consequence, they just keep on shooting the German tanks and vehicles as efficiently as they do without any experience. If you put panzer Grenadier units against Guards, armed with the sub-machine gun upgrades, it could be interesting. The German panzer Grenadiers seem to have camouflage before engagement, and the Soviet Guards the ability to spot the enemy effectively. Expand
  37. Oct 4, 2013
    they took the RTS CoH and made it arcade.
    this game is close to nothing as good as the first one. the base-building is pretty much the same, but the rest is inferior to the original.
    it really doesnt matter what tank you build to counter the enemy's vehicle, it's all about luck in this arcade-made version of CoH1, which I cherished wholeheartedly. squad-control is sluggish at best, it's
    close to impossible to make soldiers stand exactly where you want them to stand. dodging grenades/molotovs/MG:s at the last second is out of the question. the new "vision-system" that was introduced makes chasing down enemy tanks with your own tank impossible. the weather-effects are boring and makes the whole match pause, no one dares to move, nothing more dramatic than that.

before strategic points meant that you had to hold them in order to secure the resource point that you held, now you're better off holding only strategic points as they give you both resources.

to conclude it: this game is a disgracing, arcade-version of CoH1. If you like cinematic features, go ahead and buy it. if you actually enjoyed this game because you wanted to out-maneuver the enemy and see his shells bounce off your tiger's front armor, play CoH1, because now everything penetrates everything.
    is this still in beta?
  38. Oct 10, 2013
    The historical accuracy it's good! But forcing ordinary players (most of whom are children) to kill their countrymen it's awful! Good luck gentlemen, keep up the good work (this is sarcasm, by any chance, some Canadians do not understand
  39. Oct 12, 2013
    superbe jeu l' Ia est plus difficile que dans le premier opus et les graphisme sont bien amélioré l' histoire se suit et est très réussi jouer
  40. Oct 18, 2013
    I see that everyone rates this as a 1, I think that is a bit harsh the game is OK. I will give you a honest short summary of what I think. Graphics: The graphics are better then company of heroes 1 if you are able to run it at maximum graphics without any sort of lag spikes or anything, it is not a huge improvement but it is still eye candy in my eyes. 7/10 UI: The UI is pretty much as it used to be, but in my opinion how they have done the commander thing is ruining the game because it lacks content which the commanders have but you may only choose some of the content that should have all been added to the game. For example in a german doctrine you can call in assault grenadiers, why cant grenadiers upgrade themselves to mp40 like in coh 1 for 50-75 munition? or why cant you just make ostruppen from the barracks instead of calling it in? You see, they have added alot of content they just split the rest of the 30% into commanders, so it feels like you are playing with the same set of units every game. Gameplay: Gameplaywise we have the blizzard and snow, which I personally like I know other people simply hate it but thats their opinion. I feel like i have to adapt to the climate and the game more and I like it +1 for relic, you can build up a formation which you can use to several tactical desicions. Or else the gameplay has been ripped like it used to be in CoH 1, it lacks alot of content which you should be able to build like sandbags, tank traps e.t.c, I was hoping relic would make even more content in Coh 2 because we all enjoyed it it made each match a bit more different each time and we could adapt more tactics. The buildings dont look good at all, with effort I could make it even better using Maya. There is more I could write but its just to much, but in short its not really a huge improvement and well because of this it gets a low score because in the long run it ruins the enjoyment of the game. 3/10 Music and Sounds: I had to download a voice pack so the German would speak their native language and the Soviets theirs to make it more awesome, I never was a fan of english german and english russian it reminds me of Men of War and it is just horrible. Relic did not add the option to change this ingame so the community yet again have to make updated voice packs, even though it has been requested alot. The music is alright I guess, I liked vcohs music alot more it was more epic and each faction had a fitting music to them. This is not the case in this game. The sounds are decent, though there are many gun sounds I would have changed. 5/10 Summary: Positive: * Blizzard (my opinion) It's hard to mention anything else here as everything else is pretty much the same from vcoh or has been removed. Negative: * Commanders/DLC * Poorly designed Buildings * Content and Features ingame * Bad/un-intresting story I just want to mention I do not play the singleplayer at all as it was not intresting for me to continue. Last thing.. If you enjoyed vcoh you may or may not find joy in this one, I still find joy in the multiplayer and I play it everyday though if you havent bought this game I can not recommend you to buy this one as there are stuff you will miss from vcoh. And at the moment Relic is doing this micro transaction thing of theirs which hurts the game. I also forgot to mention the balance of the two sides we have in the game, the germans do still have way more advantage than the soviets, Relic is currently fixing this by nerfing everything. Instead of nerfing, add more units and content.. If the soviets cant kill panthers dont nerf panthers add a new vehicle which is at the same price as a panther is to counter a panther.. Dont nerf panthers or tigers.. This is also hurting the game in my opinion.. they are doing this for pretty much any unit/vehicle in the game As of now what would save this game is a new boss or supervisor with new ideas who could lead this Relic towards a good game. Remove DLC and refund people who have bought dlcs and add the content into the game. ADD MORE CONTENT FOR GODS SAKE. Dont mind the typos I know they are everywhere I just dont care.. Expand
  41. Oct 23, 2013
    well...to be honest, under the highest image quality settings the game's Ambient Occlusion, blizzard effect and rendering system are pretty “Essence 3.0." But the general fact is that most of coh2 players confront horrible performance issue- the optimization sucks, my GTX 670 only could run the game with frame rate of 30-45. And the protagonist in the campaign annoys me a lot, by creating fake historical resemblance such as they burned their farmland. I have just finished the campaign and I expect more on map balancing in multiplayer games(hopefully the relic had fixed many bugs in some unbalanced map by October).
    Finally I really want a boost-up driver for Nvdia graphic cards, we need a better optimization.
  42. Nov 5, 2013
    CoH was my favorite RTS game ever. Then we get new CoH with a little better graphics, new system for winter and nothing more... but you know what? It's my new favorite RTS! CoH 2 touched unknown (maybe for people from e.g. US) topics from WW2 like USSR officers ruthlessness to Polish insurgents or to their own soldier whom didn't want to execute the command to leave someone to die. Everyone who are interested in history must play this game! Expand
  43. Nov 4, 2013
    Great game with true story. Soviets (not russians) was bad as Third Reich (not german people) was, they both started a WW2 and life was nothing worth, they both done lots of criminals against people.
  44. Nov 6, 2013
    Don't let butt hurt Russians put you off, they for some reason think a game set in WW2 has to abide to their warped nationalistic view of the past.

The game is excellent. The campaign is entertaining and places the player in many different scenarios from massive tanks battles to lone sniper missions. The CO-OP is a great edition to the series and something more RTS games should focus
    on.

The MP is solid as the first COH and only gets better with new content and fixes being released at a steady rate.

Want to play the best RTS with loads of content, look no further.
  45. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely pointless and does not match the historical deystvitelsnosti plot. Very bad game. I do not recommend buying this game. Let them think before releasing it. Expand
  46. Nov 6, 2013
    A well-constructed follow-up to the amazing first Company of Heroes that suffers from too much hand-holding throughout the campaign and some connection issues online (10% of my games end in being disconnected). Overall, still a great game to a WWII aficionado like myself.

As for what the Russian community is decrying, I felt like Relic did a good job of conveying the valor and
    accomplishments of the Red Army soldiers vs. the terror of the NKVD and Stalin's regime. However, there are a couple ahistorical moments in the game that seem to exist simply to push this theme forward which in retrospect probably should have been left out. Expand
  47. Nov 9, 2013
    After reading the current reviews and personally playing the free trial that this game had a while back I must say I really don't care what others scored this game. First off the day one dlc, yeah releasing it on day one is pretty ridiculous, but guess what.....every gaming company has a deadline that is set for them, they wont always be able to get every single thing they want to get on there, I have designed games before it is harder than people take credit for and people think it is easy, its not. Second, people are moaning about the anti-soviet theme in this game. The things you see, anti soviet wise, did happen, the soviet commanders were brutal and hateful, and in many cases they made themselves worse than the Nazis, history shows this but most people don't seem to read anymore. The soviets wanted to exterminate the Germans and anything that Germany touched they wanted to destroy it. Now I don't condone what Hitler did, but seriously quit whining, I remember when gaming used to be about playing games instead of whining about this and that, its one reason I am not as big of a gamer as I used to be. Now COH1 was great, and this one pretty much feels like there is nothing new, so I can see the negative reviews on that part. Graphics I don't really care about anymore as it is stupid that we beg for more and more graphics that cause us to spend more and more on games nowadays. Story wise, it was alright. Overall, to me this is an average game, nothing really fancy or new about it but oh well, creating games is so much harder nowadays and with deadlines set by the company owners just makes it even harder. For those of you whining and complaining.....just stop, ok I am tired of the whining as I am sure so many others are too. Gamers are just not what they used to be. Expand
  48. May 7, 2014
    This is one of the best games I've played. The battles are epic, I play online all the time. I've never played the campaign yet, but I've put almost 300 hours into online and it's so amazing! The only game I play as much as this is Dota, Civilization V, and StarCraft II.
  49. Nov 16, 2013
    Company Of Heroes-2-Hack

the first and the best hack for company of heroes 2
    i find it on google has a survey but it`s a free survey
    tnx
    best hack for company of heroes 2
  50. Nov 22, 2013
    Decent gameplay, but due to the limited factions, it suffers from worse repetition that the Dawn of War series. Some units are atrociously overpowered early in the game, such as the flame halftrack which is more effective at killing infantry than the ability to run them over found in the Command and Conquer series. Snipers are only useful in groups of 3-5 squads. Single squads will often die before killing more than one unit due to their extremely high miss rate. Tanks are very hit and miss. Overall it's a fun time killer, but nothing I would sink weeks into.

Now, the controversial story, and the reason for the 3 rating. I'm American, and even I know that the story line is an extreme exaggeration of what occurred during WWII. It's like if someone took what the troops at Gitmo did and applied it to the entire US armed forces, then claimed the Americans were cowards since we entered the war only after Germany was already beaten harshly. The US forces committed many of the same atrocities as the Soviets on a relative scale. We rounded up Japanese-Americans and locked them into internment camps, and don't even get me started on the McCarthyism and the Truman Doctrine that treated anyone that didn't agree with the US as war criminals to be locked away, got millions of people killed, and still causes major economic problems today.

So, take the story with a grain of salt, it's an exaggeration of historically accurate events, which does not mean the plot is historically accurate.
  51. Nov 29, 2013
    Well done Relic! You gave the word rts another meaning! No longer mass production of units like in Empire Earth or Command and Conquer. This is a real strategy game with real strategy elements like cover behind walls, climbing above it, or the brand new line of sight feature which is new to the rts brange. -Campaign 9/10 -Multiplayer and AI: 10/10 Theatre of war: 10/10 I agree with some meanings listed up here that the dlc content is a bit too expansive, but you dont need it the game is balanced very well) Dlc commanders are just a supplement for some strategies(you can win with casual commanders as well)

and when there is a steam sale like in this moment you get 50-75% to dlc content.

hope this was helpful!

FR,
  52. Nov 29, 2013
    I don't understand all the complaining about the historical accuracy. I've read a great number of books about WWII, and in particular the Great Patriotic War. ("Barbarossa-The Russian German Conflict, 1941-1945" by Alan Clark being the best one for anyone interested) I would say that they don't arrange specific events in the campaign exactly as they were, but they do give the correct context. For instance, in the newest "Victory at Stalingrad" Patch and DLC they have a Theatre of War operation that shows the taking of the bridge that allowed the Soviets to cut off the beleaguered German 6th army, and annihilate them some short time after the main counter attack and battle, in reality they took this bridge by using stolen German halftracks and gaining the absolute surprise, but in the game it's more like a battle, so not dead on, but it's not like the game makers didn't know what they were doing. I'd say I think this series is the closest to Chess I have ever seen in a video game, and it is being better balanced all the time by he Relic team, but whatever you think of that I do not think it deserves any criticism for how it showcases the war, in that regard I would say it is as accurate as you can be while still letting the player determine how he or she chooses to tackle the task at hand. Expand
  53. Nov 30, 2013
    For one, who plays COH for the campaign? I didn't even play it till i heard all the mudslinging. And on that note the multiplier is very good, not as good as the first, but still very good and i can see it getting much much better with the development of the branches and patches/expansions. And the history major in me feels the need to correct the crap being written. All i will say that there were 20,000 Polish officers were executed. 200,000 Estonians killed after soviet take over (20% of total population), 300,000 (1/3rd) Estonians were effected by deportations (via rail cars, ironically),purges and other acts of repression. 780,000 Lithuanians were killed (1/2 of whom war refugees) and 17,000 deported and if could continue with the Ukraine, other Baltic states, and Poland, but you get the idea. Russians didn't kill Russians, no. But the Baltic states wanted to be independent and were willing to fight, and so was Stalin in order to establish SSR's in their territory... Expand
  54. Dec 3, 2013
    coh2 is a masterpiece, do not listen to the stalin loving butthurted russians, everything on this game is very good my only complain is the system requirements. A message to the russians off
  55. Nov 30, 2013
    Wow, so many Russian crybabies without jobs on this site rating this game as a zero probably so Vladimir Putin won't put their families in jail. Here is actual fact: Joseph Stalin was a power hungry madman who is responsible for tens of millions of Russian deaths. Where the nazis employed the SS, the Russians deployed the NKVD, who were fanatics who enforced a no retreat mindset and led millions of soldiers to unnecessary deaths by charging German defenses and shooting them if they retreated. Make no mistake, both armies did terrible things, but these Russian dogs on this site are claiming it was only the nazis who raped and pillaged?? LoL what a laugh! Lastly, the Russians encouraged their soldiers to rape as many German women as possible in 1945 as a sort of reparation for the Germans invading their country. In Berlin alone, half a million German women, young and old who did not flee the city were raped by the Russian dogs. Expand
  56. Nov 30, 2013
    Huge fan of the style of play. Don't have the patience/attention span to mine resources? This game uses a great territory format to gain resources which puts more focus on unit positioning and maintaining map control. Significantly better than CoH1. The game is far more realistic. It is a game of attrition, one should avoid loosing any units. People that complain are so used to CoH1 exploits that simply don't work in this game, because of this they flip out. The amount of extra features compared to the original really sets it apart making it a new game with the same basic feel/outline. Significantly more thought went into this than Star Craft 2 which is essentially the same as Star Craft 1 but better graphics, a few new units and slight changes to Zerg. Do not understand why this game is not looked up to significantly more then Star Craft. Expand
  57. Dec 14, 2013
    Never undereestimate the number of IDIOTS in the world.. As evidenced by all the stupid idiots rating this game a 0? Because they don't like the story, or accucpracy or whatever All of you morons show why this world is so ****ed up. Gtfo, you retards.
  58. Dec 17, 2013
    I was very excited for the release and when i finally got the game i was horrendously disappointed to see that the graphics had been dumbed down in a desperate attempt to make more sales. Apparently, too many people with crap systems where crying that they couldn't run the game, so now the graphics look like animated play dough. This game is just an absolute eye sore to even look at. Relic had a very good potential with the company of heroes series and they just threw it in the garbage. I still prefer the original game over this by far. Expand
  59. Dec 27, 2013
    First off, I LOVE this game. The historical accuracy is spot-on and I applaud Relic for bringing some lesser-known tactics that were actually employed during WW2.

It's obvious some mad Russians created fake accounts to skew the user score average with hundreds of fake reviews (and I bought this game mainly to support the truth, not some crazy nationalist Russian's who want to re-write
    things). It's been well documented in German historical accounts that the Russians used some pretty barbaric tactics to fight the Germans how else could they fight a superior opponent? Germans killed Russians 10-1 and ran out of bullets on a number of occasions.... The Chinese used the same tactic in Korea, too; send people out to their deaths and run the enemy out of bulets!

There's a growing backlash against Russian devs such as Gaijin and Wargaming.net; they skew history to favor Russian planes and tanks and don't take in to account the real-world advantages. You can't rewrite history that's already been written....
  60. Dec 29, 2013
    I write my review to rate this game 0, so seems fun when I can't rate it without typing some words. And review must be at least 150 characters long. Done.
    Update: Are you kidding? "Error 503 Service Unavailable"
    Ok, I'll rate 1 for it.
    Update: Are you kidding again? "Error 503 Service Unavailable"
    Ok, I'll rate 2 for it.
  61. Jan 5, 2014
    i loved the first one, and i also love this one. Its different, i think it lost some of its pacing etc. but its still so much fun to play :)

espacially in Multiplayer its total awesome... the campaing, thats a different story
  62. Jan 14, 2014
    I really enjoyed the game in spite of the initial beta that was too different from his predecessor. The campaign could last a little 'more, even if the "theater of war" increases the total hours of play and really get many achievements. I do not agree with those who say that the story is bogus and should be censored, I think that a war is never good and right and history has shown some respects occurred. The protagonist and the Colonel are always Russian! Game mechanics improved over the first. Impeccable graphics and soundtracks, videos could be made better. I am very pleased for the game, shame about the many DLC for a fee. Expand
  63. Jan 16, 2014
    This is despite what a lot of people say a very good game.
    Yes it is a little different from the first one, which was good but not complete tough.
    But with the addition of true sight, weather and some more stuff i really think besides the setting that this is an improvement to the first game.
    The multiplayer part doesn't always work the way it should but its good enough for a lot of
    fun!
    This toghether with the high demands for your computer and the pre-release DLC is the only bad part of
    the game.
    And it's a game so stop whining about russian discrimination!
    I could easily play this game for another 7 years if there are enough opponents online.
    Buy it when u enjoy a good strategy game!
  64. Jan 19, 2014
    As a CoH veteran I enjoy playing Company of Heroes 2. Even tho it isn't really optimised and the graphics havent changed much compared to the first sequel I still get a solid 50 fps at medium with a 3y old average pc.

The campain is simple, but good. Nothing that did bind me on the monitor due to high level of entertainment gameplay whise. However I as a history student & nerd loved the
    accuracy the campain shows regarding soviet-german actions during the war. Finally someone who's got the balls to use valid sources instead of a soviet school book.

Mechanics are still great, the f2p-like model doesnt really bother me & the new snow mechanic is a nice add on, thought I prefer summer maps.
  65. Jan 26, 2014
    Couldn't stomach the propaganda.

The campaign was too much to bear, it's as if the script for this game was written jointly by Winston Churchill and Joseph McCarthy.

I was really looking forward to this game, it proclaimed to show where the majority of WWII was fought: on the Eastern Front. Had it told it from a Russian and/or anti-imperial prospective (AKA "fact based"), it would
    have been a riveting game. You would have learned how the USSR saved civilization from a New Dark Age by defeating the Nazi's at Stalingrad; how aspects of the Imperial UK sought to foment fascism by financing Hitler (read "Facts and Fascism" and "The Anglo-American Establishment"); how the UK elites got the war going and how they did everything they could to delay the US from opening a second (Western) front; how the Soviets supported the legitimate republican government of Spain against Franco; and much more. Real history is, in fact, incredibly interesting, but you'll never learn those things from this game--because here in the West, spineless wretches rule supreme, and nobody has the gall to stand up for historical truth.

We see, this game being one of countless examples, that Imperialism is everywhere. It is in everything you read, everything you see, everything you consume. Everywhere the fear exists of being ostracized for going against the "Establishment". If the game-designers at Relic thought that this era of history was worthwhile in observing, as it secured Liberty and Freedom for future generations (as it did) then what a disgrace that these spineless eunuchs would then abstain from exercising their rights to speech so willingly.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy this game. The same level of mental and intellectual degeneration that made this game into a shameless piece of imperial apologetic propaganda also made the game-play infinitely inferior to the original.

It's almost as if you can see the decline of the West mirrored in the intellectual produce it creates.
  66. Jan 29, 2014
    Historically very inaccurate. One could believe the campaign scenarios where written by a Nazi propaganda officer.
    I do admit though that the game stays very fun to play.
  67. Feb 4, 2014
    I do not understand why the international community allows such "creations" in general to be born and exist. Why did not anyone close to hell their office that makes such gaming industry abortions? Deliberate distortion of historical facts, the propaganda of fascism, blackening the image of Russian soldiers and Russia as a whole, and it is not a complete list. I am just interested to look into the eyes of the people who created it. Where was their conscience and morality? Expand
  68. Feb 18, 2014
    Relic READ HE BOOK, NO at least read the Wikiipedia. You are dishonored the millions of the soviet soldiers and officers, you are dishoneored my grandfather. Curse you
  69. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is historical **** People of the nation that destroyed red race in North America, two hydrogen bombs dropped on two densely populated city, and blew two skyscraper with live people inside, say Red Army Russian world evil.
  70. Feb 25, 2014
    It's a piece of ****! Zero. It's a sneer of history. If you want to safe remains of your mind, never play this disgusting canadian product. Programs of this nothingness will go straightly to hell))
  71. Mar 12, 2014
    I cannot rate it as RTS itself since I haven't played RTS much, but this game is absolutely **** from the history point of view. Create you own universe like WH-40k and write the scenario you want. Don't try to make a game or movie related to a REAL theme about which you don't know anything.
    If Soviets have done what shown in the game they would loose that war. The creators are idiots.
  72. Apr 13, 2014
    Creators is a **** addicts!!!! The game is a ugly ****
    **** fascists
    brainless
    idiocy
    distortion of historical reality
    developers are sick in the head people
  73. May 4, 2014
    Waited this game because I liked playing "Company of Heroes" and "Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor".

In this game I was able to play only first 2 levels because I saw only anti-soviet propaganda.

I'm russian and I can't play game where soviet soldiers are shown only as "cannon fodder".
  74. May 14, 2014
    This game is easily the best WWII / RTS out there. I have played more than 100 hours online and still I'm not bored at all. The graphics, the online gameplay, unit movement, skills, gameplay variety, different commanders, ...

However I think how they made eastern European look in the campaign (and even unit descriptions) was a very bad marketing move, thus I think the reactons of these
    people is absolutely justified.

Game: 9/10
    Marketing: 0/10
  75. May 14, 2014
    Im Russian,the story not the reality,wrote the story culminated people,who do not understand the history.This game affront to me. Autors don't know anything about the eastern front.
  76. May 20, 2014
    Сan not be delivered -10 : (
    Lies, lies, lies. Distortion of history. Manufacturers goats. This game must be removed from sale.
    DON'T BUY IT! This is ****
  77. Jun 14, 2014
    The creators of the game seem to hate Russians. i could not stand the story mode. so pandering, it's just a rehashed enemy at the gates. The creators should really be ashamed.
  78. Jan 21, 2014
    I'll give Company of Heroes a 4/10 because it's not the worst game ever made, I can think of other games that are more deserving of a 0-1/10 - looking at you Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. However, I (like many other gamers) feel that Company of Heroes 2 just doesn't live up to the expectations of its predecessor.

What has happened to the sophisticated commander tree? It has been
    replaced by a new commander system with no choice, except you can choose 5 different commander 'perks' before a match, then when you get commander points it'll unlock perks automatically (as each perk has a commander point requirement that, once reached, the perk will instantly become available). Okay, but at least CoH 2 has interesting concept art briefs between each mission right? Wrong. Those concept art briefs - which I, personally, loved and associated with the CoH titles - have been replaced by 30 second longish cut scenes between a lieutenant (who you never see or hear from in the missions) that is going to be executed for desertion and his old commander talking about the war - CoH 2 has replaced exciting and interesting character development and artistic cut scenes for a character you'll never see in-game and mediocre between mission cut scenes. There's almost no continuity between missions, in the original CoH you'd get a patriotic and informative brief (so you know what's going on in the grand scale of things), but in CoH 2 it's a case of; a minute cut scene that says "the Germans attacked Russia" and "they get really close to Moscow", from there on it's a case of go there, kill them, we won, fight them - then the level design and gameplay follows this pattern, so what may seem interesting and innovative to start becomes dull and representative in later missions. Yet another CoH 2 mistake is the lack of units, you'll have 2 units that you'll ever really use, your conscripts (infantry) and the T34s (tanks), that's it, you do have snipers (that for some reason only use stealth while they're in cover) and mortar teams etc but what's the point when they'll just get flooded by infantry and tanks? If you want to fight for the Germans, you better go somewhere else, because the singleplayer campaign is all Soviet - you can play as the Germans in multiplayer. Well, you can also play as the Germans in a new feature called 'Theater of War' which, basically, mini-campaigns with about 2 singleplayer missions and tonnes of co-op missions (which is a welcome feature) - but when I realized that my friends weren't prepared to pay £30 for a sub-par sequel, I was left with about 4 hours of German gameplay, max...

Well... I think I've said all that I can about Company of Heroes 2. In conclusion, I'm not satisfied with Sega's sequel on what was a milestone in real-time strategy games. It has lost its strategy and has replaced it with numbers. And has many little 'features' that'll drive you mad, like units flashing their player colour when they're clicked on and all your recruited units now start off-map so you have to wait for them to come to you. There seems to be a never ending list of what's wrong with CoH 2, it's like they got the designs and features from the original games and said "these are good, but, scrap them and let's start from fresh without taking any inspiration from the originals". Plus CoH 2, to me, seems to have been Sega-fied.
  79. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: Adds in more realism and gameplay elements at the sacrifice of the aspects that made the first game the strategy juggernaut that it was.

Graphics: The graphics update is appreciated, and looks great from a distance certainly, but don't expect the same level of quality up close.

Sound: Sounds are clearly one of the game's highlights, with realistic explosions and feedback chatter spinning around at all times- realistically disorienting the player as well sometimes.

Playability: Once you figure out the controls, it's a blast to play. Key words: once you figure out the controls.

Entertainment: The game is a good one, albeit an extremely flawed one, and one that could have really been something great given a little bit more time.

Replay Value: Moderate.

Overall Score: 7.5
  80. Jan 16, 2014
    I didn't like the first CoH really at all but this is way better. My problem with this game is that it's very arcady which isn't what I was looking in a world war 2 RTS so I like Men of War way more but that's personal preference but this is still a pretty ok RTS. So what about the tecnical stuff? This game is quite pretty, not amazingly so but the effects like the explosions and smoke are well made. The optimization isn't great but it's not awful (it's certainly better than the original CoH) I have an average PC (1000 €) and it ran ok. This game has a lot of content to play, versus multiplayer and co-op. You might want to buy this when it's on sale if you're interested in an arcadey world war 2 RTS. Expand
  81. Jan 4, 2014
    I really don't know how can someone play this laggy game. How can I play Max Payne 3, Tomb Raider (2013) and Far Cry 3 on high video settings and this games forces me to play on minimal (really crap graphics) with less than 30 fps? Impossible to play like this! Relics don't give a "sheet" for their broken game.
  82. Jan 17, 2014
    After so many years since the original Company of Heroes, many people, including me feel rather let down by what is on offer in this game. The campaign is pretty standard, and is quite similar to that in the original game in terms of objectives and the level design and the voice acting is decent. The fact that your units can freeze to death and that you must go near fire to keep warm is interesting at first, but the concept gets old and repetitive rather quickly. In many ways the Russians seem like a reskinned USA from the first game. Many units and buildings look underwhelming with the models used in the first game looking much better in comparison. What is even more disappointing is that the game's
    optimization is horrendous. This game looks very similar to the original Company of Heroes and performs terribly. I struggle to get a constant 40fps on low settings on my laptop, and this same laptop gets 60+ fps in the original Company of Heroes with maxed out detail and 50+ fps on high settings in Starcraft 2.

There are some good points of this game though. The Theatre of War game mode is quite interesting as there are multiple challenging missions to complete either solo or with a friend but it does seem a bit of a stretch that you have to pay to play the additional challenges. The integration of Steam Workshop is also quite cool. Your troops can also jump over sandbags now, but honestly is that really game changing?

At the end of the day, Company of Heroes 2 is difficult to recommend. The game is hardly any different than the original Company of Heroes, costs much more and performs terribly. Company of Heroes 2 also lacks clan support and the like, a mechanic that RTS games such as Starcraft 2 implement very well. If you want a great RTS experience I would suggest you pick up Starcraft 2 and its expansion or even the original Company of Heroes for a fraction of the price.
  83. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Рassed all CoH2 Really amazing game about east front Мission as a journey Interesting episodes .Russian players so aggressively not like the game because it showed the truth. They are sick they need help. Expand
  84. Oct 13, 2013
    Company of Heroes to kontynuacja jednej z najlepszych strategii, kontynuacja najlepszej strategii 2-wojennej, szkoda że dwójka nie radzi sobie już tak dobrze jak jedynka, ale dalej jakoś trzyma poziom. Twórcy postawili na dość ciekawą fabułę, przedstawienie wojny z innego punktu widzenia, do tego w strategii było zaskakujące. Do tego klimat 2-wojenny, elementy w zimie, czy ogólne inne nowe elementy wychodzą dobrze. W grę gra się dobrze, do tego dawno nie widzieliśmy tak dobrej strategii 2-wojennej. Problem polega jednak na tym że bardziej opłaca się grać w jedynkę. Twórcy mało poprawili. Nie dosyć że grafika wygląda średnio to gra jest zbugowana, niedopracowana, często boty uprzykrzają nam życie swoją głupotą a sama gra po dłuższym czasie staje się monotonna i trochę za trudna. Prawdziwi fani CoH chyba powinni po prostu zostać przy jedynce. Moja ocena 7/10 Expand
  85. Jan 24, 2014
    Company of Heroes 2 is a great follow-up to the hugely successful and influential Company of Heroes. In this installment gamers are taken to the Eastern Front in the battle between the Soviet Union and Germany. Like the first CoH before its expansions, the campaign is Allies only. There are a number of challenge maps, both single-player and cooperative, on each side. But the single player experience is really about prepping gamers to play online.

A number of changes have been made to the formula of CoH. For one, resource points are no longer set, but can be assigned when captured. That is to say all strategic sectors generate manpower to the group that captures them. While the uses of the three main resources are the same, players gain munitions or fuel by locking down a point, which allows fights to be over more than a few critical sectors. On the other hand its makes starving the armor-heavy German faction of fuel a much more difficult ordeal.

Line-of-sight rules have had an overhaul. Now instead of units simply having a fixed vision radius it is affected by terrain and obstructions. This means that infantry can't see over walls and your tanks won't know what's on the other side of that large building. With some of the hilly or forested maps this has brought ambush tactics to the forefront. Such infantry tactics are necessary to secure a Soviet victory. This is especially true since inexplicably tanks traps are no longer in the game. Now that armor can't be bottlenecked reconnaissance and hidden flanking units must be used to their fullest.

As of the time of this writing, while the balance has improved significantly over launch, it is not balanced nearly as well as its predecessor. I do not think this ruins the potential of the game, as I'm sure that early adopters of the first CoH will remember the years it took to balance that game and the re-balancing that was needed with the additional factions of Opposing Fronts and units from Tales of Valor. The trend has been towards a more well balanced game.

Rather than major expansions it seems that CoH2 is opting for a model of incremental DLC. Packs of a few new commanders (which function like trees in the first game) and units are being sold piecemeal. I expect that if there will be any major DLC or expansions it would be the addition of a new faction. However as an Eastern Front game that seems difficult and unlikely. Factions from the Western Front would be out of place (and are covered in the first game) and there is little room for the small-scale tactical ground wars in the Pacific theatre.

Bottom line is if you liked the first CoH I see no reason why this shouldn't be a no-brainer. As long as you remember that the first game wasn't balanced overnight you can have a lot of fun hours playing this game!

Note: I am sticking to giving a fair score of my own, but I will admit there is a part of me that wants to bump this to a 9 or 10 to help overcome the ridiculous number of people giving it a zero. For a game to warrant a zero it would need to be completely non-functional and unplayable, these are just people raging.
  86. Aug 23, 2013
    Now, I am, I was, I hopefully still will be a fan or Relic Games if they prove that they can come back from such a sorry excuse or a game. Company of Heroes was a great game, the combat mechanics left a little to be desired but the story was great as there wasn't one, it followed a few good campaigns and kept away from personalities of actual characters. The game became brilliant with the Blitzkrieg mod and remains one of my most favorite RTS games.
    I am also a big fan of the Warhammer games they produce.
    Company of Heroes 2 on the other hand is shocking, more terrible game mechanics lead into crappy missions that lead into terrible story lines that lead into terrible characters that no one cares about.
    The graphics are not that great, i have a very powerful and expensive rig and i felt like i had just rubbed vaseline on my TV, depth of field is off, i cannot zoom out far enough to select many units and other such things.
    The army customisation is rubbish, pointless, so is the different generals, i felt like i was playing an arcade game where you select a hero and his special powers, not a game where i was meant to control millions of men against millions of other men.
    So because i cannot be bother to keep typing and moaning i shall say two more things:
    One, i hope that Relic will not disappoint again because i am hanging by threads of their older games.
    Two, i did not give them a zero because that would be too harsh, i gave them a one because (i liked the way the snow moved around the soldiers legs)... oh, i mean, its because i believe they will learn from their mistakes and make a better game when the time is right.
  87. Aug 27, 2013
    d said Relic can do better than this. Overall game system is good but multiplayer is disaster. Lobby in COH1 provide a very great opportunity to find equal opponents. However, it not happen in COH2 where u only has automate player finder system, it suck!!. PS. It will be great than this if Relic team comes to fix the bug in COH1 rather than left it behind.
  88. Apr 6, 2014
    Game improved to date, and did have fun in many games i made so far, once i didn't even noticed game was lasting more then a hour and a half cause i was so deeply involved in game. Only problems i find these days are the lack of proper leaderbords and the fact that no one cares about Russia.
  89. Jan 17, 2014
    The game is pretty good. It's not perfect of course. Graphics are very nice and the game runs very smooth on maximum settings. The gameplay is unique and fun.
    All those negative reviews comes from russian fascists who falsificates history. Red army were no heroes, they were scum, same as nazis. Neither of them are winners. So thanks to developers for not falsificating the history.
  90. Sep 19, 2013
    This game does not improve on anything really, in fact, it makes it worse. But it is still a mediocre strategy game, albeit horribly racist. Thanks for your time!
  91. Oct 12, 2013
    Quel déception par rapport au premier opus.
    Il reste un bon jeu de stratégie, mais son mode solo offre une espérance de vie bien trop courte.
    Là ou son ainé offrait une immersion et de la diversité, Company of heros 2 ne fait que copier avec maladresse...
  92. Oct 22, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is overall a good game that is fun to play. The game however has a campaign only memorable for the wrong reasons, mostly by being incredibly offensive to the country you are representing, a main protagonist that just annoys the player, and almost no historical resemblance in the main campaign. This however makes the game terrible. It's a great game to play for it's solid game mechanics, which do require acule use of tactics, to a degree. Overall I'd say it is a great game, but unless you need the achievements skip the main story. Expand
  93. Oct 25, 2013
    While the game is not bad, it does not live up to the brilliant predecessor. The graphics are good, but not any better than those of the first game. The sound effects are impressive, the voice over on the other hand is not. The characters and troops speak with a Russian dialect which sounds frankly speaking quite ridiculous. The story is rather unspectacular and not worth mentioning. The gameplay is still pretty good since it has not changed much since the first game and it makes a lot fun navigating the maps with a small group of soldiers, capture control points and obliterate the enemy. To conclude, the game is good, but not what you would expect of a successor to one of the best RTS games in history. Expand
  94. Oct 30, 2013
    The game is fine but it is not a huge step forward from the last two games. If you look that is almost a 5 years between the last game Opposing fronts". I am a huge fun of Close Combat series, and I enjoy a lot this sort of game but I am not convince that it a good game. It is ok. If you play single battle against AI it is almost impossible to finish it. The campaign is nice and not boring. I like it but the rest not at all. Expand
  95. Oct 31, 2013
    Great sequel for Company of Heroes sieres. Good graphic and AI, singelplayer and multiplayer works. Great levels just need a german campaign. Great work Sega
  96. Nov 17, 2013
    I'm happy that I waited for a sale to purchase this game. However, I wish I waited a little longer. In my experience video games seldom exceed the expectations of the consumer yet COH2 doesn't even come close. I gave this game a 5 because it isn't great nor is it horrible its just plain average. I really wanted to like this game but had a very hard time finding and keeping interest.

Personally, when I purchase a sequel to a amazing game, I'm expecting to be blown away. Unfortunately, that was not the case with this game and after a weekend of trying I finally gave up. The following are some of the major issues I saw:
    1) Game has little in the way of innovation (unless you like micro transactions)
    2) Graphics are mediocre and show little improvement from the original
    3) Campaign is terrible (The writer, producer and most of the development team should be unemployed right now)!!!

In conclusion, Relic basically gave us all the bird on this one! I am not only disappointed, I'm insulted. This will be my last purchase from this company!
  97. Nov 19, 2013
    The game is good as graphic, versus,campaign and system but is not really awesome with those tanks because is too less in number but still a good game
  98. Nov 24, 2013
    whilst I'm not a massive fan of this game I don't think people can really justify giving it a 0 or a 1. I can understand people are offended by the innaccuracies in the story line though so i get why people are pissed

I think CoH1 is better hands down, this game hasn't changed enough for it to be considered a next generation of the game but also hasn't stayed true enough to the last
    game to warrant it sticking to a working theory.

I've never been big on the Company Of Heroes games but have bought them to support Relic enough to make Dawn of War 3
  99. Nov 28, 2013
    despite what people say and i don't honestly care for what any of them say the game is well worth the money. when i preordered it i got every CoH game there was, all DLC, everything. it has a pretty good multiplier to my taste. and the story is ok. the theater of war is really fun to. the game may need a little tweaking but im sure it will get better.
  100. Dec 3, 2013
    Let me start off with saying I actually enjoyed the game a bit. Being a massive CoH1 fan I am pleased that they tried something new. Though this new gameplay was great for 1 multiplayer match. I found its replay-ability is abysmal. I seriously don't often enjoy sitting down and playing this game, it is the same thing over and over unlike Original CoH. There is only one way to play, you cannot win with Infantry and light armor support like in the original CoH.
    Pro:
    -The gameplay is definitely different, I like that aspect since it required me to learn new tactics.
    -I enjoy the ability to customize your army on both sides and make "loadouts"
    Con:
    -I have found that it is nearly impossible to win as Soviets in PvP
    -I am incredibly disappointed by the lack of Multiplayer options. 500 pt. Victory condition ONLY WTF!!)
    -Day 1 DLC is highway robbery, I dropped $60 so that I could play an improved experience
    -Relic offices have been overrun with developers out of high school and their finance department with e*Trade babies.
    -Lag is horrendous.
    -Replay ability is like a one night stand and you want to keep it that way

Overall Satisfaction I gave it a 5 out of 10 because it is definitely new and interesting. It misses the other half for literally requiring you spend another $40 for more commanders, maps, war theaters etc... IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN AS SOVIETS... unless you are facing some really drunk German Players. Maybe the key to winning as a soviet is to play drunk, and it is likely the developers were intoxicated during 50% of the games development. Overall I give it a thumbs down. I have never had such bad luck playing a faction. The Campaign was just decent... nothing special. I have lost faith in Relic honestly, after this I fear for their financial well-being after this embarrassment.

1. Oct 7, 2013