• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Sep 2, 2013
    Great Game! A lot of fun and the graphics are great for a strategy game.

Multiplayer does need some more maps and hopefully expansions down the track will fix this problem. The campaign is involving and they do cross into some deep water with the controversial story line. But if you have learnt any history you would actually realise this is a very truthful and stark reminder of the
    Great Game! A lot of fun and the graphics are great for a strategy game.

The campaign is involving and they do cross into some deep water with the controversial story line. But if you have learnt any history you would actually realise this is a very truthful and stark reminder of the bloodshed hell Russian soldiers went through just to come out alive and to serve mother Russia,

The flack this game is getting in reviews is ridiculous and people are doing the usual and turning there back on history. Ever heard of the the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact? Look it up and do a little bit of reading. Nazi concentration camps? Where do you think the Germans got the idea from? Many smaller European nations including Finland went through mass genocide, millions murdered by the Russians for land and resource's. Only reason Russia wanted to turn on Germany is because they had there own agenda including communism and plans to expand even more... committing hideous war crimes at the cost of millions and millions of innocent lives. Yet they are forgiven and forgotten... not even spoke of.. that's why you probably gave the game a 0. Look a little deeper next time
  2. Sep 24, 2013
    Dear Relic. Your game is awesome and I'm having much fun playing it. Don't listen to these Russians who don't even know (or don't want to) about their history. It is a very first game which shows real behavior of russians in World War 2. I'm proud of you Relic, do not be intimidated!
  3. Oct 6, 2013
    I created this account specifically to warn gamers of how horrible COH 2 is. I LOVED THE ORIGINAL COH! I cant speak for the historical inaccuracies of the story line in COH 2, but I can speak for the game-play. The game-play makes it impossible to play as the soviets outside of the campaign mode. I watched videos on you tube and read countless guides, then I played 30+ games vs AI and lostI created this account specifically to warn gamers of how horrible COH 2 is. I LOVED THE ORIGINAL COH! I cant speak for the historical inaccuracies of the story line in COH 2, but I can speak for the game-play. The game-play makes it impossible to play as the soviets outside of the campaign mode. I watched videos on you tube and read countless guides, then I played 30+ games vs AI and lost almost every time on standard difficulty. The Germans have armor within a few minutes of gaming and you have almost nothing... not even RPGs or Bazookas to stop the armored vehicles. I have never played such an uneven game. I wish I could get my money back. Expand
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    I believe there is only one reason why this game is exist. The reason is that nazi are alive and they have made this game for other nazi. Authors and publishers of this game should be imprisoned.
  5. Oct 10, 2013
    Great parody from Canadians. Apparently, Canadians have their own history books. To those who swallowed this story you can put the appropriate diagnosis. This game doesnt even deserve any points.
  6. Oct 14, 2013
    I cant believe it they made a horrible story out of russian army, some of that, thas was in the game is true but they giving us this like it was the only truth about soviet army. that wery wery dishonorable!!!
  7. Oct 21, 2013
    Gaming is an art, where you can like a book to tell the story. This story is false and degrading everything they fought in the Second World War. Well at least not as shown in the concentration camps of the Nazis take care of the poor Jews and Slavs. While they were killed like animals everybody.
  8. Oct 24, 2013
    To all the dumb out there who believe that the game is created by neo-fascists/national socialists, and further believe that the developers hate Russians need to do a little research before blabber their fat capitalist pig mouths at a perfectly fine game. In fact, I did the research for you all. The Russians did IN FACT kill their if found retreating. This is known as order 227,To all the dumb out there who believe that the game is created by neo-fascists/national socialists, and further believe that the developers hate Russians need to do a little research before blabber their fat capitalist pig mouths at a perfectly fine game. In fact, I did the research for you all. The Russians did IN FACT kill their if found retreating. This is known as order 227, commissioned by commissar Stalin himself. This was to prohibit all further retreat of the communist red army of Russia. My sources are from this little thing called Wikipedia. Please learn to research before you speak. I do not think this game really deserves a TEN, alas to weed out the unfair ratting based on opion of false history, I must give it such.
  9. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is one of the dirtiest, ridiculous and absurd propaganda in the spirit of the Cold War in order to not only distort the historical facts, but also to discredit the heroes of those terrible times
  10. Nov 15, 2013
    Ignore all the idiots who gave this 0 because they failed to understand it is A GAME AND NOT A DOCUMENTARY!

The game is awesome, 99% of the neg reviews are based on the story-line displaying soviets as bad. But here's the thing: this has no impact on game play! Most players will spend 99.9% of their time in the other game modes (online, skirmish etc) The game is beautiful, though

The game is beautiful, though quite demanding on your comp. there is a vast depth of tactical options and decisions to be made as the battle develops. every unit has a counter, every strategy has a weak point. the maps are incredibly detailed and well designed and reward you for good tactical planning and exploitation of their advantages. 'Cold' maps add a tactical depth in timing your attacks

CoH2 can be very challenging which i view as a huge plus for it (best to test your tactics vs computer before going to PvP though)
  11. Dec 3, 2013
    coh2 is a masterpiece, do not listen to the stalin loving butthurted russians, everything on this game is very good my only complain is the system requirements. A message to the russians off
  12. Dec 31, 2014
    super addictive online game, great -balanced units frequent updates, you do not need any more of this game
    Russian do not recognize the truth and give a low score
  13. Oct 27, 2014
    Absolutely weak! Destructoid should never ever be allowed to rate games. The think this was a 100 means there is no room for ever improving. I wonder how much they were paid?
    I have a free copy for anyone who wants it.
  14. Jan 13, 2014
    - terrible,stupid sp (full of worst kind of propaganda by the way :) )

+fun and diverse mp and that is only thing that i care for. Many units and strategies. Good balance.
  15. Sep 14, 2013
    ZEROes the community here on metacritic is making metacritic not even work properly, this game isn't a ZERO how ridiculous, either hate it or love it, that's not what metacritic measures, give it a score. Ok this game does seem like a lot of sequels go backward instead of forward, I don't believe this game is any better at all from COH 1, but yet it is a good stand alone Russian frontZEROes the community here on metacritic is making metacritic not even work properly, this game isn't a ZERO how ridiculous, either hate it or love it, that's not what metacritic measures, give it a score. Ok this game does seem like a lot of sequels go backward instead of forward, I don't believe this game is any better at all from COH 1, but yet it is a good stand alone Russian front playable game, the snow I thought would be corny, but I really like it. Its kind of like COH in respect to gameplay the Russian infantry is about as strong as US infantry and tanks and cars do pretty much the same thing. I like the commanders but there is not a forked tech tree you pick a commander and you go linear down their tech. This game isn't a step forward its a good game, but it doesn't move the ball down the field at all, Expand
  16. Oct 3, 2013
    Everything that was good in COH1 or even COHO was revamped and ruined, MP is worst! automatching is horrible, the Single player is one offensive clichés after another (mostly stolen from Enemy at the gates) if Joseph Goebbels made is pc game it would be Coh2.
  17. Sep 23, 2013
    it is a good game, it doesnt deserve the low score it has. the bulletin system doesn't seem like it was entirely thought out but it's nice to see them trying new things.
  18. Sep 24, 2013
    This game is hard. Your four year old will not get a lucky kill or two here! Truly, CoH2 is for the true lover of strategy. Throw out your cookie cutter mob rolls from StarCraft and Warcraft, this game requires you to be active with your units. I've played since the first edition and this is a worthy successor. The environment is a little tricky with weather, but it provides enoughThis game is hard. Your four year old will not get a lucky kill or two here! Truly, CoH2 is for the true lover of strategy. Throw out your cookie cutter mob rolls from StarCraft and Warcraft, this game requires you to be active with your units. I've played since the first edition and this is a worthy successor. The environment is a little tricky with weather, but it provides enough game changing opportunities to be considered one of the better improvements. Expand
  19. Oct 4, 2013
    they took the RTS CoH and made it arcade.
    this game is close to nothing as good as the first one. the base-building is pretty much the same, but the rest is inferior to the original.
    they took the RTS CoH and made it arcade.
    it really doesnt matter what tank you build to counter the enemy's vehicle, it's all about luck in this arcade-made version of CoH1, which I cherished wholeheartedly. squad-control is sluggish at best, it's close to impossible to make soldiers stand exactly where you want them to stand. dodging grenades/molotovs/MG:s at the last second is out of the question. the new "vision-system" that was introduced makes chasing down enemy tanks with your own tank impossible. the weather-effects are boring and makes the whole match pause, no one dares to move, nothing more dramatic than that.

before strategic points meant that you had to hold them in order to secure the resource point that you held, now you're better off holding only strategic points as they give you both resources.

to conclude it: this game is a disgracing, arcade-version of CoH1. If you like cinematic features, go ahead and buy it. if you actually enjoyed this game because you wanted to out-maneuver the enemy and see his shells bounce off your tiger's front armor, play CoH1, because now everything penetrates everything.
    is this still in beta?
  20. Oct 12, 2013
    superbe jeu l' Ia est plus difficile que dans le premier opus et les graphisme sont bien amélioré l' histoire se suit et est très réussi jouer
  21. Oct 18, 2013
    I see that everyone rates this as a 1, I think that is a bit harsh the game is OK.

I will give you a honest short summary of what I think. Graphics: The graphics are better then company of heroes 1 if you are able to run it at maximum graphics without any sort of lag spikes or anything, it is not a huge improvement but it is still eye candy in my eyes. 7/10 UI: The UI is

I will give you a honest short summary of what I think.

Graphics:

UI:

The UI is pretty much as it used to be, but in my opinion how they have done the commander thing is ruining the game because it lacks content which the commanders have but you may only choose some of the content that should have all been added to the game.

For example in a german doctrine you can call in assault grenadiers, why cant grenadiers upgrade themselves to mp40 like in coh 1 for 50-75 munition? or why cant you just make ostruppen from the barracks instead of calling it in?

You see, they have added alot of content they just split the rest of the 30% into commanders, so it feels like you are playing with the same set of units every game.

Gameplay:

Gameplaywise we have the blizzard and snow, which I personally like I know other people simply hate it but thats their opinion. I feel like i have to adapt to the climate and the game more and I like it +1 for relic, you can build up a formation which you can use to several tactical desicions.

Or else the gameplay has been ripped like it used to be in CoH 1, it lacks alot of content which you should be able to build like sandbags, tank traps e.t.c, I was hoping relic would make even more content in Coh 2 because we all enjoyed it it made each match a bit more different each time and we could adapt more tactics.

The buildings dont look good at all, with effort I could make it even better using Maya.

There is more I could write but its just to much, but in short its not really a huge improvement and well because of this it gets a low score because in the long run it ruins the enjoyment of the game.

Music and Sounds:

I had to download a voice pack so the German would speak their native language and the Soviets theirs to make it more awesome, I never was a fan of english german and english russian it reminds me of Men of War and it is just horrible. Relic did not add the option to change this ingame so the community yet again have to make updated voice packs, even though it has been requested alot.

The music is alright I guess, I liked vcohs music alot more it was more epic and each faction had a fitting music to them. This is not the case in this game.

The sounds are decent, though there are many gun sounds I would have changed.

Summary:

* Blizzard (my opinion)

It's hard to mention anything else here as everything else is pretty much the same from vcoh or has been removed.

* Commanders/DLC * Poorly designed Buildings * Content and Features ingame * Bad/un-intresting story I just want to mention I do not play the singleplayer at all as it was not intresting for me to continue. Last thing.. If you enjoyed vcoh you may or may not find joy in this one, I still find joy in the multiplayer and I play it everyday though if you havent bought this game I can not recommend you to buy this one as there are stuff you will miss from vcoh. And at the moment Relic is doing this micro transaction thing of theirs which hurts the game. I also forgot to mention the balance of the two sides we have in the game, the germans do still have way more advantage than the soviets, Relic is currently fixing this by nerfing everything. Instead of nerfing, add more units and content.. If the soviets cant kill panthers dont nerf panthers add a new vehicle which is at the same price as a panther is to counter a panther.. Dont nerf panthers or tigers.. This is also hurting the game in my opinion.. they are doing this for pretty much any unit/vehicle in the game As of now what would save this game is a new boss or supervisor with new ideas who could lead this Relic towards a good game. Remove DLC and refund people who have bought dlcs and add the content into the game. ADD MORE CONTENT FOR GODS SAKE. Dont mind the typos I know they are everywhere I just dont care..
  22. Oct 23, 2013
    well...to be honest, under the highest image quality settings the game's Ambient Occlusion, blizzard effect and rendering system are pretty “Essence 3.0." But the general fact is that most of coh2 players confront horrible performance issue- the optimization sucks, my GTX 670 only could run the game with frame rate of 30-45. And the protagonist in the campaign annoys me a lot, by creatingwell...to be honest, under the highest image quality settings the game's Ambient Occlusion, blizzard effect and rendering system are pretty “Essence 3.0." But the general fact is that most of coh2 players confront horrible performance issue- the optimization sucks, my GTX 670 only could run the game with frame rate of 30-45. And the protagonist in the campaign annoys me a lot, by creating fake historical resemblance such as they burned their farmland. I have just finished the campaign and I expect more on map balancing in multiplayer games(hopefully the relic had fixed many bugs in some unbalanced map by October).
    Finally I really want a boost-up driver for Nvdia graphic cards, we need a better optimization.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    CoH was my favorite RTS game ever. Then we get new CoH with a little better graphics, new system for winter and nothing more... but you know what? It's my new favorite RTS! CoH 2 touched unknown (maybe for people from e.g. US) topics from WW2 like USSR officers ruthlessness to Polish insurgents or to their own soldier whom didn't want to execute the command to leave someone to die.CoH was my favorite RTS game ever. Then we get new CoH with a little better graphics, new system for winter and nothing more... but you know what? It's my new favorite RTS! CoH 2 touched unknown (maybe for people from e.g. US) topics from WW2 like USSR officers ruthlessness to Polish insurgents or to their own soldier whom didn't want to execute the command to leave someone to die. Everyone who are interested in history must play this game! Expand
  24. Nov 4, 2013
    Great game with true story. Soviets (not russians) was bad as Third Reich (not german people) was, they both started a WW2 and life was nothing worth, they both done lots of criminals against people.
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    Don't let butt hurt Russians put you off, they for some reason think a game set in WW2 has to abide to their warped nationalistic view of the past.

The game is excellent. The campaign is entertaining and places the player in many different scenarios from massive tanks battles to lone sniper missions. The CO-OP is a great edition to the series and something more RTS games should focus on.

The MP is solid as the first COH and only gets better with new content and fixes being released at a steady rate.

Want to play the best RTS with loads of content, look no further.
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    A well-constructed follow-up to the amazing first Company of Heroes that suffers from too much hand-holding throughout the campaign and some connection issues online (10% of my games end in being disconnected). Overall, still a great game to a WWII aficionado like myself.

As for what the Russian community is decrying, I felt like Relic did a good job of conveying the valor and accomplishments of the Red Army soldiers vs. the terror of the NKVD and Stalin's regime. However, there are a couple ahistorical moments in the game that seem to exist simply to push this theme forward which in retrospect probably should have been left out.
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    After reading the current reviews and personally playing the free trial that this game had a while back I must say I really don't care what others scored this game. First off the day one dlc, yeah releasing it on day one is pretty ridiculous, but guess what.....every gaming company has a deadline that is set for them, they wont always be able to get every single thing they want to get onAfter reading the current reviews and personally playing the free trial that this game had a while back I must say I really don't care what others scored this game. First off the day one dlc, yeah releasing it on day one is pretty ridiculous, but guess what.....every gaming company has a deadline that is set for them, they wont always be able to get every single thing they want to get on there, I have designed games before it is harder than people take credit for and people think it is easy, its not. Second, people are moaning about the anti-soviet theme in this game. The things you see, anti soviet wise, did happen, the soviet commanders were brutal and hateful, and in many cases they made themselves worse than the Nazis, history shows this but most people don't seem to read anymore. The soviets wanted to exterminate the Germans and anything that Germany touched they wanted to destroy it. Now I don't condone what Hitler did, but seriously quit whining, I remember when gaming used to be about playing games instead of whining about this and that, its one reason I am not as big of a gamer as I used to be. Now COH1 was great, and this one pretty much feels like there is nothing new, so I can see the negative reviews on that part. Graphics I don't really care about anymore as it is stupid that we beg for more and more graphics that cause us to spend more and more on games nowadays. Story wise, it was alright. Overall, to me this is an average game, nothing really fancy or new about it but oh well, creating games is so much harder nowadays and with deadlines set by the company owners just makes it even harder. For those of you whining and complaining.....just stop, ok I am tired of the whining as I am sure so many others are too. Gamers are just not what they used to be. Expand
  28. Nov 22, 2013
    Decent gameplay, but due to the limited factions, it suffers from worse repetition that the Dawn of War series. Some units are atrociously overpowered early in the game, such as the flame halftrack which is more effective at killing infantry than the ability to run them over found in the Command and Conquer series. Snipers are only useful in groups of 3-5 squads. Single squads will oftenDecent gameplay, but due to the limited factions, it suffers from worse repetition that the Dawn of War series. Some units are atrociously overpowered early in the game, such as the flame halftrack which is more effective at killing infantry than the ability to run them over found in the Command and Conquer series. Snipers are only useful in groups of 3-5 squads. Single squads will often die before killing more than one unit due to their extremely high miss rate. Tanks are very hit and miss. Overall it's a fun time killer, but nothing I would sink weeks into.

Now, the controversial story, and the reason for the 3 rating. I'm American, and even I know that the story line is an extreme exaggeration of what occurred during WWII. It's like if someone took what the troops at Gitmo did and applied it to the entire US armed forces, then claimed the Americans were cowards since we entered the war only after Germany was already beaten harshly. The US forces committed many of the same atrocities as the Soviets on a relative scale. We rounded up Japanese-Americans and locked them into internment camps, and don't even get me started on the McCarthyism and the Truman Doctrine that treated anyone that didn't agree with the US as war criminals to be locked away, got millions of people killed, and still causes major economic problems today.

So, take the story with a grain of salt, it's an exaggeration of historically accurate events, which does not mean the plot is historically accurate.
  29. Nov 30, 2013
    Huge fan of the style of play. Don't have the patience/attention span to mine resources? This game uses a great territory format to gain resources which puts more focus on unit positioning and maintaining map control. Significantly better than CoH1. The game is far more realistic. It is a game of attrition, one should avoid loosing any units. People that complain are so used to CoH1Huge fan of the style of play. Don't have the patience/attention span to mine resources? This game uses a great territory format to gain resources which puts more focus on unit positioning and maintaining map control. Significantly better than CoH1. The game is far more realistic. It is a game of attrition, one should avoid loosing any units. People that complain are so used to CoH1 exploits that simply don't work in this game, because of this they flip out. The amount of extra features compared to the original really sets it apart making it a new game with the same basic feel/outline. Significantly more thought went into this than Star Craft 2 which is essentially the same as Star Craft 1 but better graphics, a few new units and slight changes to Zerg. Do not understand why this game is not looked up to significantly more then Star Craft. Expand
  30. Oct 31, 2014
    This game is not an enjoyable experience. I am not a PvP player because of the CoH geeks that do nothing but learn the exploits to win. That's beside the point, so I play against the AI.

There are problems, the main one is the AI cheats in showing up with veteran units, immediately running away when a unit throws a grenade, AI units are very difficult to eliminate, AI is all over the map and no way to defend most captured points, if given any amount of time the AI totally overwhelms the player and AI has no fog of war, to name a few.

I'll tell you one thing, devs of CoH 2, you win the game. You won't get anymore of my support in terms of buying more crap from this company.
  31. Jan 26, 2014
    Couldn't stomach the propaganda.

The campaign was too much to bear, it's as if the script for this game was written jointly by Winston Churchill and Joseph McCarthy. I was really looking forward to this game, it proclaimed to show where the majority of WWII was fought: on the Eastern Front. Had it told it from a Russian and/or anti-imperial prospective (AKA "fact based"), it would
    Couldn't stomach the propaganda.

I was really looking forward to this game, it proclaimed to show where the majority of WWII was fought: on the Eastern Front. Had it told it from a Russian and/or anti-imperial prospective (AKA "fact based"), it would have been a riveting game. You would have learned how the USSR saved civilization from a New Dark Age by defeating the Nazi's at Stalingrad; how aspects of the Imperial UK sought to foment fascism by financing Hitler (read "Facts and Fascism" and "The Anglo-American Establishment"); how the UK elites got the war going and how they did everything they could to delay the US from opening a second (Western) front; how the Soviets supported the legitimate republican government of Spain against Franco; and much more. Real history is, in fact, incredibly interesting, but you'll never learn those things from this game--because here in the West, spineless wretches rule supreme, and nobody has the gall to stand up for historical truth.

We see, this game being one of countless examples, that Imperialism is everywhere. It is in everything you read, everything you see, everything you consume. Everywhere the fear exists of being ostracized for going against the "Establishment". If the game-designers at Relic thought that this era of history was worthwhile in observing, as it secured Liberty and Freedom for future generations (as it did) then what a disgrace that these spineless eunuchs would then abstain from exercising their rights to speech so willingly.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy this game. The same level of mental and intellectual degeneration that made this game into a shameless piece of imperial apologetic propaganda also made the game-play infinitely inferior to the original.

It's almost as if you can see the decline of the West mirrored in the intellectual produce it creates.
  32. Dec 10, 2014
    Not as good as the first CoH, but it is still a really fun and great game. Do not listen to the bad reviewers. They're 100% wrong about it painting the Nazis in a good light. The thing it does do is shows the evil committed by the Soviet Union in World War 2. Who cares if they were our allies? Just because we're the U.S. doesn't mean we don't ally with evil people. Look at the Cold War.Not as good as the first CoH, but it is still a really fun and great game. Do not listen to the bad reviewers. They're 100% wrong about it painting the Nazis in a good light. The thing it does do is shows the evil committed by the Soviet Union in World War 2. Who cares if they were our allies? Just because we're the U.S. doesn't mean we don't ally with evil people. Look at the Cold War. Get an education guys, and give this game a chance. Expand
  33. Jul 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I never write reviews, but this game is a major downgrade from the original. All the games I've played are the same. Mortar galore! I understand that you are trying to make it realistic, but this is a video game. No fun at all. Just build mortars, artillery, and role in the tanks at the end. Same slow, boring game.

The original was much better. Very disappointed. Free games are better.
  34. Oct 9, 2014
    The game is very good, including the story. The problem is that the story of the game does not match the stories of the Soviet propaganda films about the war. Russian media called spoil rated this game on this site. Unfortunately, we remain the specter of communism to this day.

P.S. I apologize for my English!
  35. Oct 27, 2014
    I have no experience with the single player campaign, so I'll just review the multiplayer part. Unfortunately, the game has gotten some kind of weird multiple personality disorder; it's trying to be harsh and brutal with gritty b/w imagery, harsh cold and so on, but at the same time it's animated like it's a cartoon. Tanks jump half a meter straight up in the air when they die, and haveI have no experience with the single player campaign, so I'll just review the multiplayer part. Unfortunately, the game has gotten some kind of weird multiple personality disorder; it's trying to be harsh and brutal with gritty b/w imagery, harsh cold and so on, but at the same time it's animated like it's a cartoon. Tanks jump half a meter straight up in the air when they die, and have big flat areas of comic book-like texture. The resource system and basic ideas from the original game are identical.

The voice-acting in Company of Heroes 1, Dawn of War 1 and 2 is SPLENDID. In this game, it's dull and uninspired. I can't get drawn in into the game; it's like a confused comic book version of WWII without anything funny to go with it. Unfortunately.
  36. Jan 27, 2015
    Just as terrible as the first one, a little prettier, but still eschews good RTS for gratifying the Idiocracy wave of gamers. Getting rid of real resource management makes the game more similar to Men of War; except CoH (both of them) suck compared to MoW at the tactical level. The complete lack of realism in the game also is a buzzkiller for any WW2 fan. Had they done something similar toJust as terrible as the first one, a little prettier, but still eschews good RTS for gratifying the Idiocracy wave of gamers. Getting rid of real resource management makes the game more similar to Men of War; except CoH (both of them) suck compared to MoW at the tactical level. The complete lack of realism in the game also is a buzzkiller for any WW2 fan. Had they done something similar to their Dawn of War RTS games (not that DoW RPG wannabe RTS crap=DoW2) then this might have been a decent series. This game is best left to the insta-gratification console generation. More and more games have been getting dumbed down and require little brains, this series is an example of that. There are far better games out there that require much more intelligence and provide real gameplay. I'm afraid with this game all hope is lost for real RTS games made for adults instead of teenagers. Expand
  37. Dec 4, 2014
    Multiplayer PVP Review

-Still not well balance. Many issues with both factions, however seem more towards Allies. E.g. Recrew exploit of tanks for US? -Stupid ranking system that fails to provide any real satisfaction to progression. -Terrible reward system (Supply Drop) that again fails to provide any sense of progression and keeps giving multiple duplicates of the same item.
    Multiplayer PVP Review

-Questionable updates such as random locations which really limit faction A or B depending on starting location as most maps bias one or the other. An example would be Faceoff at Rostov; Allies could get more boots on the ground and get off the small peice of land onto the large, where as Axis can't and will often end up stuck at the start location with not even a single chance to offer resistance.
    -Some maps seem to heavily biased towards Allies, even more so with the aforementioned update.
    -Horrible matchmaking system that assumes if you're in a party with some friends that you must immediately be pros and pairs you against such (well, it seems that way). Matchmaking definitely needs work. Often get paired with people way outside my skill level.
    -Game still crashes once in a while or desync errors.

Probably many more issues and annoyance I could list, but you get the picture. Whilst I have given the multiplayer a fair go, I do not see any sign of it improving. It seems that Relic is more fixated on milking DLC sales than anything else (this can be seen with the Ardennes DLC giving certain Supply Drops advantages to people who have bought it. I.e Rifleman and Rear Echelon train and replenish 10% faster - this gives already quick US even more of an advantage). With no true progression sytem, dodgy reward system, unfair matchmaking and just other general frustrations, I find it harder and harder to come back to this game. It's a shame really, as I have had some very fierce and close matches that get the adrenaline pumping and I really thoroughly enjoyed the first Company of Heroes, but this game lacks direction and seems a bit of a mess. If you're thinking of biting the bullet and purchasing this game, wait another year or so and pick it up cheap on sale. At least if it isn't twice the game as it is now, you won't feel as robbed.
  38. Oct 3, 2014
    It seems all the negative reviews are personal opinions and other thoughts still a epic game.

Company of Heroes 2 is a incredible addition and better than its predecessor. Tho i wish they had the america's and brits added into the game they don't, it feels like a step back for me. They must learned a lot from the first game and its expansion because every time they put out a new game

They must learned a lot from the first game and its expansion because every time they put out a new game it adds more depth and better gameplay and it shows. CH2 has a good story better graphics and much better campaign the game feels great with new system's and gameplay i cant wait to play the expansions.

Worth $60
  39. Dec 12, 2014
    A very good game, brought down by overpriced DLC fest. It looks very nice, it's cinematic, it's sound assets are very high quality, overall, when compared to vanilla CoH it's better. However, it pales in comparison to modded first game, mods like Blitzkrieg or Europe at War absolutely obliterate it.

Regardless, it is fun to play and if it would've taken the route of first CoH, that is one serious expansion pack, it would've been much better value.
  40. Jan 21, 2014
    I'll give Company of Heroes a 4/10 because it's not the worst game ever made, I can think of other games that are more deserving of a 0-1/10 - looking at you Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. However, I (like many other gamers) feel that Company of Heroes 2 just doesn't live up to the expectations of its predecessor.

What has happened to the sophisticated commander tree? It has been

What has happened to the sophisticated commander tree? It has been replaced by a new commander system with no choice, except you can choose 5 different commander 'perks' before a match, then when you get commander points it'll unlock perks automatically (as each perk has a commander point requirement that, once reached, the perk will instantly become available). Okay, but at least CoH 2 has interesting concept art briefs between each mission right? Wrong. Those concept art briefs - which I, personally, loved and associated with the CoH titles - have been replaced by 30 second longish cut scenes between a lieutenant (who you never see or hear from in the missions) that is going to be executed for desertion and his old commander talking about the war - CoH 2 has replaced exciting and interesting character development and artistic cut scenes for a character you'll never see in-game and mediocre between mission cut scenes. There's almost no continuity between missions, in the original CoH you'd get a patriotic and informative brief (so you know what's going on in the grand scale of things), but in CoH 2 it's a case of; a minute cut scene that says "the Germans attacked Russia" and "they get really close to Moscow", from there on it's a case of go there, kill them, we won, fight them - then the level design and gameplay follows this pattern, so what may seem interesting and innovative to start becomes dull and representative in later missions. Yet another CoH 2 mistake is the lack of units, you'll have 2 units that you'll ever really use, your conscripts (infantry) and the T34s (tanks), that's it, you do have snipers (that for some reason only use stealth while they're in cover) and mortar teams etc but what's the point when they'll just get flooded by infantry and tanks? If you want to fight for the Germans, you better go somewhere else, because the singleplayer campaign is all Soviet - you can play as the Germans in multiplayer. Well, you can also play as the Germans in a new feature called 'Theater of War' which, basically, mini-campaigns with about 2 singleplayer missions and tonnes of co-op missions (which is a welcome feature) - but when I realized that my friends weren't prepared to pay £30 for a sub-par sequel, I was left with about 4 hours of German gameplay, max...

Well... I think I've said all that I can about Company of Heroes 2. In conclusion, I'm not satisfied with Sega's sequel on what was a milestone in real-time strategy games. It has lost its strategy and has replaced it with numbers. And has many little 'features' that'll drive you mad, like units flashing their player colour when they're clicked on and all your recruited units now start off-map so you have to wait for them to come to you. There seems to be a never ending list of what's wrong with CoH 2, it's like they got the designs and features from the original games and said "these are good, but, scrap them and let's start from fresh without taking any inspiration from the originals". Plus CoH 2, to me, seems to have been Sega-fied.
  41. Jan 16, 2014
    I didn't like the first CoH really at all but this is way better. My problem with this game is that it's very arcady which isn't what I was looking in a world war 2 RTS so I like Men of War way more but that's personal preference but this is still a pretty ok RTS. So what about the tecnical stuff? This game is quite pretty, not amazingly so but the effects like the explosions and smoke areI didn't like the first CoH really at all but this is way better. My problem with this game is that it's very arcady which isn't what I was looking in a world war 2 RTS so I like Men of War way more but that's personal preference but this is still a pretty ok RTS. So what about the tecnical stuff? This game is quite pretty, not amazingly so but the effects like the explosions and smoke are well made. The optimization isn't great but it's not awful (it's certainly better than the original CoH) I have an average PC (1000 €) and it ran ok. This game has a lot of content to play, versus multiplayer and co-op. You might want to buy this when it's on sale if you're interested in an arcadey world war 2 RTS. Expand
  42. Jan 17, 2014
    After so many years since the original Company of Heroes, many people, including me feel rather let down by what is on offer in this game. The campaign is pretty standard, and is quite similar to that in the original game in terms of objectives and the level design and the voice acting is decent. The fact that your units can freeze to death and that you must go near fire to keep warm isAfter so many years since the original Company of Heroes, many people, including me feel rather let down by what is on offer in this game. The campaign is pretty standard, and is quite similar to that in the original game in terms of objectives and the level design and the voice acting is decent. The fact that your units can freeze to death and that you must go near fire to keep warm is interesting at first, but the concept gets old and repetitive rather quickly. In many ways the Russians seem like a reskinned USA from the first game. Many units and buildings look underwhelming with the models used in the first game looking much better in comparison. What is even more disappointing is that the game's
    optimization is horrendous. This game looks very similar to the original Company of Heroes and performs terribly. I struggle to get a constant 40fps on low settings on my laptop, and this same laptop gets 60+ fps in the original Company of Heroes with maxed out detail and 50+ fps on high settings in Starcraft 2.

There are some good points of this game though. The Theatre of War game mode is quite interesting as there are multiple challenging missions to complete either solo or with a friend but it does seem a bit of a stretch that you have to pay to play the additional challenges. The integration of Steam Workshop is also quite cool. Your troops can also jump over sandbags now, but honestly is that really game changing?

At the end of the day, Company of Heroes 2 is difficult to recommend. The game is hardly any different than the original Company of Heroes, costs much more and performs terribly. Company of Heroes 2 also lacks clan support and the like, a mechanic that RTS games such as Starcraft 2 implement very well. If you want a great RTS experience I would suggest you pick up Starcraft 2 and its expansion or even the original Company of Heroes for a fraction of the price.
  43. Jan 24, 2014
    Company of Heroes 2 is a great follow-up to the hugely successful and influential Company of Heroes. In this installment gamers are taken to the Eastern Front in the battle between the Soviet Union and Germany. Like the first CoH before its expansions, the campaign is Allies only. There are a number of challenge maps, both single-player and cooperative, on each side. But the single playerCompany of Heroes 2 is a great follow-up to the hugely successful and influential Company of Heroes. In this installment gamers are taken to the Eastern Front in the battle between the Soviet Union and Germany. Like the first CoH before its expansions, the campaign is Allies only. There are a number of challenge maps, both single-player and cooperative, on each side. But the single player experience is really about prepping gamers to play online.

A number of changes have been made to the formula of CoH. For one, resource points are no longer set, but can be assigned when captured. That is to say all strategic sectors generate manpower to the group that captures them. While the uses of the three main resources are the same, players gain munitions or fuel by locking down a point, which allows fights to be over more than a few critical sectors. On the other hand its makes starving the armor-heavy German faction of fuel a much more difficult ordeal.

Line-of-sight rules have had an overhaul. Now instead of units simply having a fixed vision radius it is affected by terrain and obstructions. This means that infantry can't see over walls and your tanks won't know what's on the other side of that large building. With some of the hilly or forested maps this has brought ambush tactics to the forefront. Such infantry tactics are necessary to secure a Soviet victory. This is especially true since inexplicably tanks traps are no longer in the game. Now that armor can't be bottlenecked reconnaissance and hidden flanking units must be used to their fullest.

As of the time of this writing, while the balance has improved significantly over launch, it is not balanced nearly as well as its predecessor. I do not think this ruins the potential of the game, as I'm sure that early adopters of the first CoH will remember the years it took to balance that game and the re-balancing that was needed with the additional factions of Opposing Fronts and units from Tales of Valor. The trend has been towards a more well balanced game.

Rather than major expansions it seems that CoH2 is opting for a model of incremental DLC. Packs of a few new commanders (which function like trees in the first game) and units are being sold piecemeal. I expect that if there will be any major DLC or expansions it would be the addition of a new faction. However as an Eastern Front game that seems difficult and unlikely. Factions from the Western Front would be out of place (and are covered in the first game) and there is little room for the small-scale tactical ground wars in the Pacific theatre.

Bottom line is if you liked the first CoH I see no reason why this shouldn't be a no-brainer. As long as you remember that the first game wasn't balanced overnight you can have a lot of fun hours playing this game!

Note: I am sticking to giving a fair score of my own, but I will admit there is a part of me that wants to bump this to a 9 or 10 to help overcome the ridiculous number of people giving it a zero. For a game to warrant a zero it would need to be completely non-functional and unplayable, these are just people raging.
  44. Aug 27, 2013
    d said Relic can do better than this. Overall game system is good but multiplayer is disaster. Lobby in COH1 provide a very great opportunity to find equal opponents. However, it not happen in COH2 where u only has automate player finder system, it suck!!. PS. It will be great than this if Relic team comes to fix the bug in COH1 rather than left it behind.
  45. Nov 24, 2013
    whilst I'm not a massive fan of this game I don't think people can really justify giving it a 0 or a 1. I can understand people are offended by the innaccuracies in the story line though so i get why people are pissed

I think CoH1 is better hands down, this game hasn't changed enough for it to be considered a next generation of the game but also hasn't stayed true enough to the last game to warrant it sticking to a working theory.

I've never been big on the Company Of Heroes games but have bought them to support Relic enough to make Dawn of War 3
  46. May 12, 2015
    great game it be after the western front in which i agree it was bad before the western front while now the game is working hard to make the game more better than it was.
  47. Dec 3, 2013
    Let me start off with saying I actually enjoyed the game a bit. Being a massive CoH1 fan I am pleased that they tried something new. Though this new gameplay was great for 1 multiplayer match. I found its replay-ability is abysmal. I seriously don't often enjoy sitting down and playing this game, it is the same thing over and over unlike Original CoH. There is only one way to play, youLet me start off with saying I actually enjoyed the game a bit. Being a massive CoH1 fan I am pleased that they tried something new. Though this new gameplay was great for 1 multiplayer match. I found its replay-ability is abysmal. I seriously don't often enjoy sitting down and playing this game, it is the same thing over and over unlike Original CoH. There is only one way to play, you cannot win with Infantry and light armor support like in the original CoH.
    Pro:
    -The gameplay is definitely different, I like that aspect since it required me to learn new tactics.
    -I enjoy the ability to customize your army on both sides and make "loadouts"
    Con:
    -I have found that it is nearly impossible to win as Soviets in PvP
    -I am incredibly disappointed by the lack of Multiplayer options. 500 pt. Victory condition ONLY WTF!!)
    -Day 1 DLC is highway robbery, I dropped $60 so that I could play an improved experience
    -Relic offices have been overrun with developers out of high school and their finance department with e*Trade babies.
    -Lag is horrendous.
    -Replay ability is like a one night stand and you want to keep it that way

Overall Satisfaction I gave it a 5 out of 10 because it is definitely new and interesting. It misses the other half for literally requiring you spend another $40 for more commanders, maps, war theaters etc... IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN AS SOVIETS... unless you are facing some really drunk German Players. Maybe the key to winning as a soviet is to play drunk, and it is likely the developers were intoxicated during 50% of the games development. Overall I give it a thumbs down. I have never had such bad luck playing a faction. The Campaign was just decent... nothing special. I have lost faith in Relic honestly, after this I fear for their financial well-being after this embarrassment.
  48. Oct 8, 2014
    Although i never played the original and have only recently started coming back to RTS games I felt this game offered a refreshing change to the usual RTS style yet I feel it could have a better overall base building style. I think the combat although it has the ability to pull me in when things get hectic. I get really annoyed when I sit there thinking how can you not hit him he is rightAlthough i never played the original and have only recently started coming back to RTS games I felt this game offered a refreshing change to the usual RTS style yet I feel it could have a better overall base building style. I think the combat although it has the ability to pull me in when things get hectic. I get really annoyed when I sit there thinking how can you not hit him he is right in front of you kill him!

Overall however I really like this game but feel it has a lot of its own faults too. Great graphics, interesting game play. I would recommend to all if on a sale but would not and did not pay £29.99 for it.
  49. Jan 16, 2014
    The game gets an 8! But +2 to counter the attack of sad russian kids who whine about inaccurate history.
    Get ur facts right, maybe this game is a bit too negative about Russia in WW2 but they were nothing better than the germans!

A bit different form the first game but in a good way i think, lots and lots of hours of fun in the multiplayer!
    BUY IT!
  50. Apr 29, 2015
    This is the best RTS on the market. I am fan since Company of Heroes 1. Note, i do not play the campaigns so i cannot tell about the so called fact that it shows the red army in a negative role.

My CoH interest is for the multiplayer games, campaign mode is boring to me, do i do not care really much about the campaign. Basics are relatively simple, but mastering the game requires

Basics are relatively simple, but mastering the game requires months and lots of gaming.

I have some frustration with some armored units which some i feel overpowered, some underpowered, like the IS2 and ISU152, which i find underpowered. That is why i give 9.

Those who have frustration against the editor of the game should send their complaints to the editor and stop spamming Metracritics with zero results and their frustration. Please grow up.
  51. Mar 26, 2015
    I've read the other user reviews, and I honestly think that their disproportionately from stubborn, and arrogant, COH1 players. I am a COH2 fan, so I think the overall game is amazing; however, their are some negative aspects about the game that I would like to point out to curious gamers that are on the fence about buying this game. First of all the campaigns are ok. It might be fun toI've read the other user reviews, and I honestly think that their disproportionately from stubborn, and arrogant, COH1 players. I am a COH2 fan, so I think the overall game is amazing; however, their are some negative aspects about the game that I would like to point out to curious gamers that are on the fence about buying this game. First of all the campaigns are ok. It might be fun to beat it on general difficulty, but after that it looses a lot of replay ability, but believe me, no one buys COH2 just for the campaign because the online multiplayer is what keeps the game fun, fresh, and challenging.

The graphics can be enjoyable, but you need a high end gaming computer. I recommend asus over alien ware because it tends to be cheaper, yet still deliver top tier quality.

This game is tough on newbies. If your new maker sure to play 4vs 4 matches because you have more teamates to help you. Also, their are some pretty good strategy guides to get you started. Remember to do your homework if you want to start winning games. Their is a lot of cyber bulling as well. I think its pretty pathetic, and I always check any of my teammates if I see them doing it.

Probably the biggest flaw is how the game is very buggy. Crashes happen often depending on how good your computer is, even on my new, high-end, asus rog g series laptop i still experience crashes occasionally, and the in game bugs seem unavoidable. If it wasn't for this major flaw I would definitely give coh2 a 10 out of 10. I feel a 9 out of 10 is appropriate because although the game has its downside, COH2 gives you a complete unique, fun, addictive high that I am convinced no other RTS game can offer.
  52. Apr 14, 2015
    Very very good game. I have play a lot of COH and im very please with this new version. Forget all the controversy about historical and stuff.

This game is mass target as a negative game cauz couple of political points russian gov didin't like about the russian army attitude in those great war time. Russian deny those points since they end of WW2 and the rest of the world sat they have. This is not COH2 who have bring these controversy, nothing to do with the game. This debate rage since 1945 but Russian since 2004 are determine to prove this is not the way its happened. Im totaly for this but right now, this is not the information the rest of the world are. People are not stupid i did have a smile to when i saw the story line about this poor russian commender who think russian are barbarian. Come on ;-)

It's good old COH boost at maximum. A lot of commander features lots of stuff to do lots of action DLC everything is nice.
  53. Apr 25, 2015
    I was disappointed at what I pre-ordered. Some improvement over first, such as Scaling fences and Cap circles,but to contrast this game from the first, it has an inferior campaign, is rarely Balanced, and the DLC's are trash. OKW still horribly OP after 6 months, Americans still horrible after 6 months, and the game is still un balanced after what, a year? It feels unfinished. The campaignI was disappointed at what I pre-ordered. Some improvement over first, such as Scaling fences and Cap circles,but to contrast this game from the first, it has an inferior campaign, is rarely Balanced, and the DLC's are trash. OKW still horribly OP after 6 months, Americans still horrible after 6 months, and the game is still un balanced after what, a year? It feels unfinished. The campaign humiliates and throws mud on the Red Army, high lighting the "atrocities" committed by them. Lol, I like the part where they burned woman and children in houses with flamethrowers, because that's historically accurate. I liked when they executed allied partisans, because that happened. But it didn't, and I'm left wondering why they strayed so far off the original game. Expand
  54. May 11, 2015
    Have played this game since its early days as CoH. Once I was introduced to it at a lan, I have basically never played another game since! Dreaded the thought of CoH2 and its release.. In my opinion they did a killer job on CoH2 and have been tweaking this game for like almost six months to get it bugged out. I believe they have represented the original game very respectfully and listenedHave played this game since its early days as CoH. Once I was introduced to it at a lan, I have basically never played another game since! Dreaded the thought of CoH2 and its release.. In my opinion they did a killer job on CoH2 and have been tweaking this game for like almost six months to get it bugged out. I believe they have represented the original game very respectfully and listened to their loyal CoH fanatics and in saying that keeping RTS games real... ^.^

[Comrade] Benito
  55. Nov 13, 2013
    Finally game with REAL history! Thanks for make this game, and don't care about stiupid russian girls.. they don't event know own history (russian propaganda..)
  56. Sep 19, 2013
    All I have to say about this game: This game is a mixed bag. A bag full of shame, microtransactions in a full priced game, vomit and diarrhea. I just can't imagine what relic was thinking when they said "Okay, these improvements are good (no they're not), make it a 50€ game, and add microtransactions". Thanks.

I checked on the game on release day, and after the atrocius beta version I

I checked on the game on release day, and after the atrocius beta version I admit I torrented it down. I knew this game WILL suck balls. Unbalanced, unoptimized and ugly like hell.

Maybe the worst-ever sequel, and worst-ever RTS game, but surely the worst RTS of the 2010s. Even Stalin vs The Martians is better than this.
  57. Nov 18, 2013
    Ignore the negative reviews.. Most are by Russians who wouldn't know real history if they were shoved into a gulag and made to peel potatoes. This is an exceptional RTS a refined version of the original COH and as historically accurate as a game can get without it being boring. For the RTS fan this is a real treat.
  58. Aug 20, 2013
    The game is good and I do not understand why that was found in this story, some people, even though I myself Russian. Those who put the game a bad score would remember modern warfare when it was rastrelivat Russian!
  59. Aug 20, 2013
    I have never really been into RTS games but CoH2 got me in. This game is amazing, really fun to play and beautiful. I don't understand who users give it such a low score.
  60. Aug 29, 2013
    This game is getting a terrible score because of inaccuracy about what actually happened in history. Not going to lie i do believe some of these things did in fact happen but the game took it to the extreme. However giving it a score below 3 ONLY because of that is beyond stupidity. Anyone care to talk about the game play, customization and the multiplayer? No they don't because they areThis game is getting a terrible score because of inaccuracy about what actually happened in history. Not going to lie i do believe some of these things did in fact happen but the game took it to the extreme. However giving it a score below 3 ONLY because of that is beyond stupidity. Anyone care to talk about the game play, customization and the multiplayer? No they don't because they are crying over a game that misinterprets history. WHO CARES! This is not the History or Military channel! I understand they should have actually spent the time to learn history and make their game historic but rating it a 0-4 only because of that. That is very stupid and you guys should never be judges. Expand
    Sep 4, 2013
    Do not buy, comrade!

I played first CoH where americans were heroes. I expected Relic shows Red Army as heroes too (btw they were heroes, we dont forgot yet, they stopped most of nazi forces). But what the..? I am extremely disappointed. In game, russian officers are monsters. I know Relic dont collect many information, using first they could find instead. Its a fatal error for
    Do not buy, comrade!

I played first CoH where americans were heroes.

But what the..? I am extremely disappointed.
    In game, russian officers are monsters. I know Relic dont collect many information, using first they could find instead. Its a fatal error for people who develop realistic game about history.

Gameplay doesnt change. Completely.
    Soldiers dont jump over obstacles by themselves, are they stupid or what?
    They also never rotate heavy weapons without direct order.
    Truesight, Coldtech, is it all that Relic made for 7 years?
    Missions are same.
    Germans are overpowered, engineers for example.
    Game is less realistic than CoH1.
    And DLC's, the evil of all games, hate!
    Seriously, just keep playing CoH1, it is more interesting.

What I can say about CoH2?
    I NOT recommend this for playing and especially for learning history.
  62. Sep 30, 2013
    I have over 300+ hours of coh2(check my steam profile), and i can say DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU AREN'T A CASUAL GAMER. Seriously. This can seems a good rts but in whole is a compared to coh1, for many things, it's an incomplete game full of cheaters and basically when you buy it you get just 20% of the game. P2W commanders with insane prices, theater of war empty or with $$$dlcs$$$, noI have over 300+ hours of coh2(check my steam profile), and i can say DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU AREN'T A CASUAL GAMER. Seriously. This can seems a good rts but in whole is a compared to coh1, for many things, it's an incomplete game full of cheaters and basically when you buy it you get just 20% of the game. P2W commanders with insane prices, theater of war empty or with $$$dlcs$$$, no lobbies, crappy framerate and elo system, automatch sucks, maps sucks, the players of this game sucks and his community. Expand
  63. Mar 28, 2015
    Love this game! I give it only 9 because it didn`t allow me to kick ruski ass in the campaign but atleast in the Theater of war and in the multiplayer. Finally someone has the guts to tell what the rest of the world thinks about Russia.
  64. Dec 28, 2013
    Game distorts the truth about the Soviet Union, the gameplay has not changed compared to the first part of the game, the game is just awful, I got the impression, game CoH2 developers are fans of the Fascists
  65. Aug 29, 2013
    I love what they have done, the eastern front is so much fun.

The game looks great and sounds amazing, the MP is brilliant and has a lot of unlocks which lets you customise your army which makes for some interesting plays.

Get it now!
  66. Sep 24, 2013
    Excellent game, and a SPOT ON portrayal of the communists. I know that a lot of russians take exception to their dark and terrible history, in which they have NOTHING to be proud of and EVERYTHING to be shamed of, but they should not expect the rest of the world to indulge in that fantasy.

Even many russian youth are embracing far-right activity, as they know full well how evil and wrong communism is on so many levels.

Kudos to the developers for creating such a wonderful game that ACCURATELY portrays the commies for what they were.
  67. Sep 5, 2013
    Great game amazing RTS really the detail and combat mechanics are really amazing. Its a great merging of all of the ideas from the last one and a few from the DOW series too.
    Ignore the people screaming about historical facts, they are lashing out from a personal view and expect a video game to be accurate.
  68. Sep 11, 2013
    Multiplayer: I've had fun in my 400+ matches played so far, but there are some questionable design choices. Blizzards mechanics are unrealistic and terrible for multiplayer. The Commander system has really degraded from the depth and uniqueness of the original. There are these things called "Intel Bulletins" which can be unlocked and work similar to perks in a CoD title by buffing certainMultiplayer: I've had fun in my 400+ matches played so far, but there are some questionable design choices. Blizzards mechanics are unrealistic and terrible for multiplayer. The Commander system has really degraded from the depth and uniqueness of the original. There are these things called "Intel Bulletins" which can be unlocked and work similar to perks in a CoD title by buffing certain units. Most of these bulletins are absolutely useless, everybody good is using the same 10 which is really stale and pointless. But aside from that, the core gameplay is pretty good.

Campaign: This is why the game has a 1.6 user score. Though the missions are pretty fun to play, the plot is just terrible. It should be called Company of War Criminals, because rather than focus on the heroism of the soldiers (there are some instances but few and far between) the whole purpose of the story is to demonize the Soviets. I know the Soviets did some bad things, but even the Russians wouldn't go burning down farm houses with their own citizens inside still inside to "deny the enemy". This franchise is not about war crimes, but if they were going to go that direction they should have showed both sides of the coin. A Russian commentator made a video exposing the campaign for the piece of crap it is, and after it went viral the user score plummeted in hours.

Theater of War: Missions you can play cooperatively or singleplayer. I was skeptical at first but they are quite fun, they are like a full campaign minus the propaganda.

Patches: They are actively patching the game and have really been listening to feedback.

Audio: Great, as usual for Relic games.

Grahpics: The textures haven't improved that much since the original, but they did add a ton of detail to the particle effects.

DLC: $100 worth of DLC just 2 months after release, with much more to come. And I thought EA/Activision were pirates.... #dafuqwereyouthinking

If I were to take in to account the horrid campaign, CoH2 would get a 4/10. But since multiplayer is what makes or breaks this game, I give it a 7/10. Two steps forward and three steps backward from the original, but luckily CoH1 was the highest rated RTS of all time so we are left with a "decent" game.
  69. Aug 29, 2013
    Great game. And finally game with REAL HISTORY. Amazing climate, great music and good graphics. And stop whining russians. You were monsters like nazis. Get over it.
  70. Oct 26, 2013
    Igra fignya i otstoy. Posle pervoy chasti i addonov ozhidalos' mnogoe, a tam fuflo. Nado bilo snachala chitat' otzivi, vozmozhno, ne bil bi tak razocharovan.
  71. Aug 26, 2013
    One gets the feeling that the developers just from a parallel universe where during the second world war defeated the Nazis. And the game should be attributed to the fascist, propaganda full of delusions about Soviet forces, just terrible, you should be ashamed developers!
  72. Sep 11, 2013
    This game in it's current state is horrendous and god awful. The only way to correct it is through extensive modding which unfortunately doesn't seem likely. Sega has announced a recent statement that it does not support modding for it's game and thus killed all expectations of improving company of heroes 2. No map editor and no official mod tools. This game is as good as it gets inThis game in it's current state is horrendous and god awful. The only way to correct it is through extensive modding which unfortunately doesn't seem likely. Sega has announced a recent statement that it does not support modding for it's game and thus killed all expectations of improving company of heroes 2. No map editor and no official mod tools. This game is as good as it gets in it's current form, which is downright appalling compared to the first.

I will never give Sega or Relic another penny.
  73. Jul 30, 2013
    I didn't quite understand where all the hate was coming from for this game but I soon found out after playing it. I'll preface this review with the statement that I loved the original game, very innovation and fresh and even the expansions were great. This game while it has improved performance and graphics, plays almost exactly the same as the originals. They did very little to improveI didn't quite understand where all the hate was coming from for this game but I soon found out after playing it. I'll preface this review with the statement that I loved the original game, very innovation and fresh and even the expansions were great. This game while it has improved performance and graphics, plays almost exactly the same as the originals. They did very little to improve the AI pathing/cover system which was lacking in the previous game. The best part of the game is still the combat but many maps and missions felt uninspired and relied on the old formulas that worked in the original and still work here but it would have been nice to see something new beyond snow missions where you sneak around.

The campaign is really bland, a lot of really repetitive missions mixed in with a few interesting ones. The Soviet units are just so bland to use, its like they tried to do something unique with them but then it really didn't work as they expected and it really shows. They feel really weak unless you get a lot of units and do a lot of flanking, then you can take out entire armies with like 3-4 squads which is just as unrealistic as firing on an enemy for 5 min and not having a single shot hit.

The story is absolutely terrible, it plays like the worst cliche of the Soviet era. You feel almost no attachment to the main character and honestly i lost interest in him about half way through leading me to skip cutscenes unrelated to gameplay. They demonize Russians like crazy in this game, as a history graduate from the west, there were some serious inaccuracies in this game related to the treatment of soldiers by the Soviet Union.

Day 1 DLC is another blemish on this game since its not cosmetic crap that you'd expect but rather commanders that play a huge role in multiplayer games, effectively giving players who pay an advantage over those who do not. DLC is a part of todays market but this is another obvious cash grab by the publisher/developer.

Overall, the game is OK. Not worth the day 1 price and honestly it needs more patching to fix the many bugs and net issues. Wait until this one is down to $30 or less before considering it, you'll blow through the campaign in a day or 2, match play online is about as good as it gets for this game.
  74. Aug 14, 2013
    Notice how many 'zero' rank comments all seem to spam the same complaint? Complaints that are unfair to point solely at Relic given the slew of movies, novels and more that depict Russia in the same light. Why not attack those mediums too? Wake up people!... COH2 is not perfect, but it's still an amazing game. Captivating, fun multilayer which is really all that matters.... Shame onNotice how many 'zero' rank comments all seem to spam the same complaint? Complaints that are unfair to point solely at Relic given the slew of movies, novels and more that depict Russia in the same light. Why not attack those mediums too? Wake up people!... COH2 is not perfect, but it's still an amazing game. Captivating, fun multilayer which is really all that matters.... Shame on those who rate zero that clearly didn't even play the game before voicing their biased opinion! Expand
  75. Nov 16, 2014
    after i have played COH and its expansions for 5 years, i expected better game than this
    everything is too samey and actually the game is worse than COH becuz its high spec requirement and dipping fps. the graphic is not great even though it used all resources on my gaming laptop
    dev took vacation for 5 years and suddenly run short of cash so they decided to make sequel with a little improved graphics? i think this should stop from gaming industry. dev loses passion, they take long break from beloved franchise then they got back into developing new games with little idea and ambition
    the result of it has clearly shown in this game and total war rome2 (another disappointed title in this year)
    like hard shelled breads in cabinet for 2 years, this game feels like stale stuff and nuisance to get rid of quickly
  76. Dec 25, 2013
    I give this historical masterpiece a 9/10 and I'll tell you why. The solidity and accuracy of the flame textures licking the bodies of innocent civilians really captured my eye while engaging in the Company of Heroes 2 campaign. I was blown away by the accurate depiction of the true nature of USSR war heroes during the second World War. The massacre and destruction depicted in theI give this historical masterpiece a 9/10 and I'll tell you why. The solidity and accuracy of the flame textures licking the bodies of innocent civilians really captured my eye while engaging in the Company of Heroes 2 campaign. I was blown away by the accurate depiction of the true nature of USSR war heroes during the second World War. The massacre and destruction depicted in the historically accurate diamond in the rough was spot on with the scorched earth policy. My only gripe is that the original game had a more compelling story with heart wrenching dialog and characters Expand
  77. Dec 12, 2013
    If you talk about history DON'T bend it!! (both to reviewers and Relic)

I don't understand why people give this game "0" because it's not historically accurate. And after reading some of reviews how it's inaccurate i see that they are even further from truth. it's not so good game as CoH was but it's not bad, especially if you have Friends to play with (like i do) i would give it 6-8
    If you talk about history DON'T bend it!! (both to reviewers and Relic)

i would give it 6-8 most likely 8 for new as they have just given us modding tools, but i don't have any dlc's
  78. Nov 29, 2013
    This game is great. The detail is the best you'll get in an RTS today, and that's a breath of fresh air from the many games about building the biggest army and seeing who can rush the enemy base the fastest. Cover and upgrading units are a MUST or you'll be overwhelmed quite easily. Relic also did a great job with the two factions, Germans and Russians, which both play differently. TheThis game is great. The detail is the best you'll get in an RTS today, and that's a breath of fresh air from the many games about building the biggest army and seeing who can rush the enemy base the fastest. Cover and upgrading units are a MUST or you'll be overwhelmed quite easily. Relic also did a great job with the two factions, Germans and Russians, which both play differently. The Germans rely on high firepower and training while the Russians rely on their great numbers and harrassment to overwhelm enemies. In the right hands both factions can be played effectively, and contrary to popular belief the Germans do not have the advantage (just watch Sundaynightfights on Twitch).

Where the game lost its points was the fact they were doing microtransactions for commanders the week the game came out! Being a hardcore Relic RTS vet, I bought CoH2 the night it came out full price (60$) but I was dismayed (PISSED) to see that there were a lot of commanders you had to buy. WHY?! If I paid 60$ for a game I want everything it releases with! This isn't even the commanders that game with the Delux version, which I can let slide because if you're going to pay extra for a delux version then you should get a little more but no. These were just regular old microtransactions available to anyone willing to shell out 3-6$ more than the 60$ they already paid. I would've taken off more if not for the recent update including 2 free commanders (made by the community) which isn't redemption, but its a step in the right direction. I am also quite disappointed in the DLC for the theatre of war as they just seem too short for something so easy to make, however I can let those slide since they were fun and the map-builder tool was recently released.

I wanted to give CoH2 a perfect score so badly. The campaign was well done with good pacing and fun scenarios, especially the stealthy/sniper stages (although I REALLY wish they did more snow stages). Also, I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms over the story. It's not the greatest by all means, but its not bad. Hell, the original CoH had less story than this. However, they could have improved the campaign by a lot. For instance, a branching campaign story could have EASILY been implemented through the use of the commander system such as using certain commanders in the stages would have different outcomes in the battle and story between stages. Also doing certain side objectives could have drastic outcomes in battle and story (Because the side objectives actually rarely had any benefits). See? That would've been LOADS better than a linear story Still though. It is a fun 14 mission campaign that leaves more to be wanted, but still delivers fun moments.

All in all, if you're looking for a fun tactical RTS with loads of depth Buy CoH2. Its a great game and now that the price dropped 20$ (its now 40$) I would recommend it to anyone. I had to take off from the score due to the stupid micotransactions from the start and the lack of innovation in the story arc, but I still would give this game a SOLID 8/10 because its gameplay is the best out of any RTS on the market.
  79. Aug 31, 2013
    Same game as the previous Company of Heroes several years ago! No joke, almost NOTHING has changed. Just a remake and strategy for winning first version will be exactly the same. Wasted $60. But, the original was a GREAT game., that is why they get a few stars.
  80. Sep 4, 2013
    Quite shocking really. I have a fairly powerful computer, and I get slow frames and slowdown. Story is indeed rather boring. I actually stopped playing the game after the 4th mission. Graphics felt really dated for a supposedly 'new' game.

A rehash of original COH (but worse). It definitely didn't capture the magic of the first one and the expansions. Sad sad sad. Don't bother buying

Don't bother buying this crap, and I have no clue how reviewers can give this TOP marks! Maybe try it when it goes for a 75% discount.. maybe..
  81. Mar 29, 2014
    This is not a strategy game, it's been totally dumbed down to the point it should be called an arcade game. The majority of it runs on rails, it's predecessor did also, but it did it better and made you feel like it was more"open" gameplay. This game was a waste of money, speaking of which nice to see SEGA turn it into constant revenue stream via steam add-ons. What the hell happened?
  82. Sep 24, 2013
    The worst game I ever played. Never will buy any game from Relic. Waste of money and time. Bad graphics,
    awful game play. Nothing else to add. Garbage.
  83. Jan 2, 2014
    Well don't we all love a co-ordinated score bombing: It is true that the campaign for this game distorts the history. However it is a GAME. pretty clearly most of the Russians scoring this 0/10 for insulting their history never played the game, and simply posted their venting reviews. As for the game being too much like Company of Heroes 1, or an inferior game, I disagree. There isWell don't we all love a co-ordinated score bombing: It is true that the campaign for this game distorts the history. However it is a GAME. pretty clearly most of the Russians scoring this 0/10 for insulting their history never played the game, and simply posted their venting reviews. As for the game being too much like Company of Heroes 1, or an inferior game, I disagree. There is definitely an evolution of ideas at play here. And Relic worked hard and long to create a framework for gamers to enjoy a lot here.

The way the game was diced up to be bought as DLC is pretty terrible. Selling vehicle skins for dollars a pop is absurd when we are talking about 50 skins and probably more than $100! Sega are you out of your minds? That is ABSURD! Dudes give us an in-game workshop to make our own color schemes! don't be so greedy!

Despite the over-priced DLC and the anti-Soviet propaganda. There is a good game in here. Definitely wait till it is on sale, and especially the expansion packs which are way-over-priced. Ignore the skins and load up on 'commanders' when they are cheap.

And enjoy a good, high-paced RTS. 8/10 with a couple of points added to address the ridiculous 1.8 user score.

In terms of gameplay this game is a painful exercise in futile micro-management. If anyone out there wants to play a game that is faithful to actual military combat in WWII do not get this game. instead you should hunt out an old combat of Close Combat V invasion Normandy which is the same basic idea as this game but 1000 times better!

Orctowngrot.
  84. Sep 30, 2013
    So I got ticked over the jacked up campaign until Sega showed some tact. Once I did get the game I began playing the mediocre campaign. The main character whines like a wuss. I empathized with his C.O. more. Voice acting is meh and the character models are terrible. Some of the scenes needed more emotion to give a clear meaning to dialogue. Some missions where just lazy or boring and ISo I got ticked over the jacked up campaign until Sega showed some tact. Once I did get the game I began playing the mediocre campaign. The main character whines like a wuss. I empathized with his C.O. more. Voice acting is meh and the character models are terrible. Some of the scenes needed more emotion to give a clear meaning to dialogue. Some missions where just lazy or boring and I lost involvement rather easy. Everything the Russians have feels pathetic while the Germans feel like Ubermensch. The later is fine, but a weak feeling faction is just annoying. Why is the T-34/76 not a tank? I already had a light armor vehicle so it is very redundant. Balance becomes a problem and comp stomping when the internet goes down is not enjoyable in any way. Territory connection can be ridiculous at best during multiplayer. I am not connected to the territory right next to my base because a territory out in bumblecheese is the link? The game has a lot of unused potential and needs much work to be decent. The only thing that feels fun is the Katyusha rocket truck. Katyusha spam on the campaign was entertaining to say the least. Fix the balance, eliminate redundant units, and make effective AI opponents and it becomes a decent game. Even with that it still shouldn't be a $60 game. Relic needs to go back to making games and stop cashing in on franchises with shovelware. Expand
  85. Nov 10, 2013
    The game is pretty much more of Napoleon Total War, but easier to play. With Napoleon, one is a sitting duck, but the game is pretty much extremely pretty. I thought I had to play Napoleon like Rome Total war.
    The commentary soundtracks are pretty special. All in all, love the game, (the reader, not me, I already do). I don't know how the Germans actually carried out Blitzkrieg, with the armor, the sub-machine guns, and other parameters, when the levels of military technology are compared. The German factions after their units are upgraded, have the advantage. The Panzer Grenadier has the weaker anti-tank rifle, but is armed with the assault rifle by default. But, unusually, the German anti-tank rifle is earlier in make and marque, than the Soviet counterpart relevant gun. The assault rifle can make the guards rifles look like they are getting mowed down, one after the other in number. The star units are the panzer Grenadier, and the Guards Rifles. The upgrades to the Guard Rifle veteran experience seem to be of no consequence, they just keep on shooting the German tanks and vehicles as efficiently as they do without any experience. If you put panzer Grenadier units against Guards, armed with the sub-machine gun upgrades, it could be interesting. The German panzer Grenadiers seem to have camouflage before engagement, and the Soviet Guards the ability to spot the enemy effectively.
  86. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely pointless and does not match the historical deystvitelsnosti plot. Very bad game. I do not recommend buying this game. Let them think before releasing it. Expand
  87. Oct 17, 2014
    This game I thought it would be cool and promising was in fact just that. Tries to be cool and is full of promises, promises not fulfilled. I would have expected a lot more from the widely acclaimed Relic developers after their brilliant Homeworld series but this series was a flop. If you were expecting some big glorious Eastern Front portrayal which was a serious and vital part of WW2This game I thought it would be cool and promising was in fact just that. Tries to be cool and is full of promises, promises not fulfilled. I would have expected a lot more from the widely acclaimed Relic developers after their brilliant Homeworld series but this series was a flop. If you were expecting some big glorious Eastern Front portrayal which was a serious and vital part of WW2 then you will be disappointed. It does show the chaos and destruction in the Eastern Front in Ukraine and Russia but by the wrong side. It gives neither side a fair portrayal or point of view, never justifying their actions.

Russia is made to be some kinda stupid place, corrupt and as evil as their adversary, brutally killing their own like cannon fodder. You never really relate to anyone nor feel any connection or empathy as they die in their droves like stupid ants. This is not the Relic you knew of old, the veterans have left the studio to a bunch of racist, fascist illiterate historical failures as they failed to include the necessary facts to back up their excuse to throw in something 'edgy' so the game feels more 'deep' or 'emotional' but it ends up like a typical Hollywood movie a big over budget Michael Bay throw in as much Russian Soviet Stereotype in as possible and becomes some kind of sick dark comedy and loses all seriousness and credibility it tried to add.

The German side too is made to seem like mindless zombie brutes and pure evil laying waste to cities and people for no reason or none really mentioned or explored by these so called 'Historians'

This game feels like its made for Patriots and I mean American Patriots who actually believe in these Soviet stereotypes and want an action packed over dramatic soap opera epic action game. They added not 1 nor 2 but 3 DLC add-on packs not focused on the Eastern Front anymore, heck its not even about the USSR or Russia but 3 American Faction packs. Essentially rehashing the old CoH, it makes it like the Eastern Front portion never had existed. They want to milk your every dollar, Vehicle Skins = DLC
    Commanders = DLC
    No Mods, only Map tools because they want to sell you the mods in the form of DLC.
    no proper LAN or offline mode, no proper AI Multiplayer Bots to practice on. You need Online to enjoy the game and to play 80% of the game. DRM is a pain.
    Units are still imbalanced, lack of unit variety, weapon variety and functions. It feels too 'dumbed' down and streamlined but making up with 'graphics' which are average at best.

Campaign is boring, Skirmishes are boring, too short and small scale, its more like a 3D person top down shooter than anything as it focuses too much on squads and individual infantry than the wider greater scale of a battle or war. Its more of a RTT than an RTS with simplistic resourcing, capturing points etc and simplistic economy system doesn't need a genius to play and thus leaves no room for skilled players or hardcore veterans or gamers. Its made to be a casual strategy game, fast paced like CoD or WoT rather than a test of skill or knowledge. This leaves the Multiplayer filled with idiots, kids and other 'Historians' who troll you with random hordes of units and stupid tactics. There is not much of a challenge online and not balanced enough to become a Tournament game or an e-sport.

Honestly this is a let-down of a WW2 game. There are many better ones with a more accurate portrayal with real life events, evidence and emotional connection. Not really worth it, Not really worth a AAA title and is worse than many cheaper Indie games.
  88. Nov 16, 2013
    Company Of Heroes-2-Hack

the first and the best hack for company of heroes 2
    i find it on google has a survey but it`s a free survey
    tnx
    best hack for company of heroes 2
  89. Nov 29, 2013
    Well done Relic!

You gave the word rts another meaning! No longer mass production of units like in Empire Earth or Command and Conquer. This is a real strategy game with real strategy elements like cover behind walls, climbing above it, or the brand new line of sight feature which is new to the rts brange. -Campaign 9/10 -Multiplayer and AI: 10/10 Theatre of war: 10/10 I agree
    Well done Relic!

You gave the word rts another meaning!
    No longer mass production of units like in Empire Earth or Command and Conquer.
    -Campaign 9/10
    -Multiplayer and AI: 10/10
    Theatre of war: 10/10

I agree with some meanings listed up here that the dlc content is a bit too expansive, but you dont need it the game is balanced very well) Dlc commanders are just a supplement for some strategies(you can win with casual commanders as well)

and when there is a steam sale like in this moment you get 50-75% to dlc content.

hope this was helpful!

FR,
  90. Nov 29, 2013
    I don't understand all the complaining about the historical accuracy. I've read a great number of books about WWII, and in particular the Great Patriotic War. ("Barbarossa-The Russian German Conflict, 1941-1945" by Alan Clark being the best one for anyone interested) I would say that they don't arrange specific events in the campaign exactly as they were, but they do give the correctI don't understand all the complaining about the historical accuracy. I've read a great number of books about WWII, and in particular the Great Patriotic War. ("Barbarossa-The Russian German Conflict, 1941-1945" by Alan Clark being the best one for anyone interested) I would say that they don't arrange specific events in the campaign exactly as they were, but they do give the correct context. For instance, in the newest "Victory at Stalingrad" Patch and DLC they have a Theatre of War operation that shows the taking of the bridge that allowed the Soviets to cut off the beleaguered German 6th army, and annihilate them some short time after the main counter attack and battle, in reality they took this bridge by using stolen German halftracks and gaining the absolute surprise, but in the game it's more like a battle, so not dead on, but it's not like the game makers didn't know what they were doing. I'd say I think this series is the closest to Chess I have ever seen in a video game, and it is being better balanced all the time by he Relic team, but whatever you think of that I do not think it deserves any criticism for how it showcases the war, in that regard I would say it is as accurate as you can be while still letting the player determine how he or she chooses to tackle the task at hand. Expand
  91. Nov 30, 2013
    For one, who plays COH for the campaign? I didn't even play it till i heard all the mudslinging. And on that note the multiplier is very good, not as good as the first, but still very good and i can see it getting much much better with the development of the branches and patches/expansions. And the history major in me feels the need to correct the crap being written. All i will say thatFor one, who plays COH for the campaign? I didn't even play it till i heard all the mudslinging. And on that note the multiplier is very good, not as good as the first, but still very good and i can see it getting much much better with the development of the branches and patches/expansions. And the history major in me feels the need to correct the crap being written. All i will say that there were 20,000 Polish officers were executed. 200,000 Estonians killed after soviet take over (20% of total population), 300,000 (1/3rd) Estonians were effected by deportations (via rail cars, ironically),purges and other acts of repression. 780,000 Lithuanians were killed (1/2 of whom war refugees) and 17,000 deported and if could continue with the Ukraine, other Baltic states, and Poland, but you get the idea. Russians didn't kill Russians, no. But the Baltic states wanted to be independent and were willing to fight, and so was Stalin in order to establish SSR's in their territory... Expand
  92. Dec 14, 2013
    Never undereestimate the number of IDIOTS in the world.. As evidenced by all the stupid idiots rating this game a 0? Because they don't like the story, or accucpracy or whatever All of you morons show why this world is so ****ed up. Gtfo, you retards.
  93. Sep 20, 2014
    Anti Soviet Propaganda!! While it's predecessors showed the heroism of the allied soldiers the only thing they are showing here is the **** soldiers of the red army and horrible events which never happend!
  94. Nov 21, 2014
    I signed up just so I could leave my comment.

Buyer beware. This game is severely not worth the purchase. After some 200 hours of gameplay, here are my thoughts about the inescapable letdowns: 1. Ludicrously imbalanced multiplayer. The lobby is a ghost town, consisting of the same 'pro'-level players who decimate newbie and mid-level players by team-stacking against them, using
    I signed up just so I could leave my comment.

Buyer beware. This game is severely not worth the purchase.

1. Ludicrously imbalanced multiplayer. The lobby is a ghost town, consisting of the same 'pro'-level players who decimate newbie and mid-level players by team-stacking against them, using the game's exploits to their advantage and having the benefit of playing the same maps with each other. In short, unfair matches due to lack of varied player pool.

2. Ugly-looking UI. It lags, has ambiguous tooltips, it's unpleasant to look at, it has typos. They can't even keep the font and punctuation consistent.

3. Pay-to-play nickel grabbing. You want to stand a chance to be on a level playing field in PvP straight up? That'll be another ~$50 on top of your game purchase, please. Core game content has been stripped and replaced with DLC, stuff that should have already been there, like a wide choice of commanders to choose from.

4. Overpowered Allies infantry vs. Axis infantry. They'll get halftracks, riflemen, conscripts, AT guns, flamethrowers and numerous mortar and HMG crews out before you can say "Kampgrupper Lehr".

5. Single player campaign that (*gasp*) makes you pay to play more.

Company of Heroes 2 is the reason why RTS died.
  95. Feb 7, 2015
    Lets say no to anti-ru and anti-sov propaganda! We can live in peace without this propaganda! We need to establish peace and work all as one. And not to do so bad games
  96. Sep 6, 2013
    This is an enjoyable game, don't let the minority of haters who rage on this site fool you. If your looking for an intense and strategic WW2 RTS then this is the game for you. The campaign is enjoyable and has an interesting story line. The multi-player is fun too, but still needs alot more development, before it reaches the bar set by the Excellent first company of Heroes series. I wasThis is an enjoyable game, don't let the minority of haters who rage on this site fool you. If your looking for an intense and strategic WW2 RTS then this is the game for you. The campaign is enjoyable and has an interesting story line. The multi-player is fun too, but still needs alot more development, before it reaches the bar set by the Excellent first company of Heroes series. I was However, disappointed to see no public Annihilation game mode, no in game player stats and no custom game public lobby system in the multiplayer; like the first COH. I hope this issue will be addressed soon, as it was one of the aspects of Coh1 online which made it great. Although there is still alot of potential on the developers behalf in regards to more units, maps and game modes etc, don't forget that this is a new release and needs to time to develop and balance. RTS balancing is a delicate issue. I look forward to seeing it reach it's great multiplayer potential in the not so distant future. 7/10 so far. Expand
  97. Sep 8, 2013
    COH2 is a step backwards from the original COH. The maps have call of duty modern combat feel (Run like hell, shoot shoot shoot). There is NO defensive play. Population cap of 100 limits play style. Computer AI has GOD LIKE precognition of exactly what you have, where it is, and which direction it is facing. You have to mico manage the direction your MG or AT guns are facing. Me and fourCOH2 is a step backwards from the original COH. The maps have call of duty modern combat feel (Run like hell, shoot shoot shoot). There is NO defensive play. Population cap of 100 limits play style. Computer AI has GOD LIKE precognition of exactly what you have, where it is, and which direction it is facing. You have to mico manage the direction your MG or AT guns are facing. Me and four of my friends had hundreds of hours of fun playing Coop versus the computer. That isn't there anymore. No in game pause to allow you to plan and view map. I could care less about PVP play or ranking!!!!! Expand
  98. Feb 19, 2014
    In short : Not worth playing.

Won't trust the Metacritic? Just check the Steam reviews, you can see some reviewers have invested 300+ hours to the game and still, they give negative reviews. The only good thing is the true sight mechanic. But then, it's not a really a strong leap in gaming. Warland EE and Warland Airland is a better game with realism in mind. The others? Bad.
    In short : Not worth playing.

The others? Bad.
    Pathfinding sucks. This alone should stop you to buy this game.
    Not to mention having to purchase tons of DLC to play a "commander". Some games still have the decency to not sell important things in DLC, but Relic thought that it would be great to sell out important things. Some game decently only sells skins or things to display, but Relic choose to be hated by selling out important things.

Congratulations to Relic for killing Company of Heroes.
  99. Nov 10, 2013
    Awful game, do not buy this =(
    Nothing about real history of WW2, nothing about real soviet heroes. Read a historical documents before starting to write scenario of game next time, Relic!
  100. Dec 15, 2013
    Dirty, Russophobe, anti-Soviet propaganda. This game is warped history (not just ours, but the whole the world). The script Company of Heroes 2 complete nonsense, lies, and the desecration of the memory of Soviet soldiers. Hitler and Himmler Thank you, whoever you are!

1. Oct 7, 2013