7.8

1. Dec 19, 2014
    I really want to recommend this game. It's a more immersive shooter than any of the Call of Duty series, and the way the game is made requires logical thinking and tactical strategies to win rounds with your teammates. When the game goes well, it's buckets of fun.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this game to newcomers. There are many reasons for this. First of all, unless you plan to mill around in deathmatch or the other lesser-played game modes (so anything but casual/competitive), you're going to die, a lot. And then you wait. You watch your uncooperative anonymous Russian teammates slowly break apart and lose the rounds in the most ludicrious fashion. If you can stand the game long enough to become half decent at it, you may find that you can often shoot someone in the head, literally tracing the bullet into their cranium, only to see that it doesn't register the hit due to the sub-standard 64 tickrate matchmaking servers and/or your West Country internet connection, thus falling victim to yet another unfair situation. If your internet connection is not the problem, you may try using ESEA or Faceit to play your competitive matches with. So you can pay more to play the game for no benefit other than to escape the crap quality of the standard servers, or faff about on Faceit, waiting for the afk team captains to pick maps, or the other team to cower away during the initial deciding knife round. After a few bad experiences, I've decided that Faceit isn't worth the hassle. Playing competitive also puts you in danger of not only numerous wallhackers, but mainly these things called smurfs. Put the image of the little happy blue creature out of you head: these are the players with a high rank than make second accounts to play against easier opponents. It's that simple, yet it's infuriating and game-destroying for us lower ranked players. And when you discover this in a competitive game, your only choices are to stay there and endure it, gradually losing your sanity, or take a competitive ban. If you're lucky enough to have decent friends, they may just kick you from the game, sparing you of either choice.

Having played almost 3 solid week's worth of the game in total, I have accumulated a wide friend group who also shares my pain, but we still play together for the social side. This is when I can recommend the game, if you've already played a lot of it and have many friends that also play the game. If you're new, and have less patience than a special forces marksman, you're going to hate this game. I hope that if you decide to play this game, you take my advice with a pinch of salt, as I am admittedly easily riled up in the heat of the moment, but if you too go ape, you only have yourself to blame.

Also, look out for skin collecting. I've been caught by it, it saps a lot of your money, and is literally an addiction. Not a good one like playing a great game or crack cocaine, one that's ultimately utterly pointless.
  2. Dec 17, 2014
    Everything about this game is mediocre. The gameplay, the amount of new content, the graphics. Everything.
    The gameplay is broken and boring. There is no skill involved whatsoever. There are no special tactics or anything. You either turn left or turn right. You either fire first or you don't. You either get a headshot or you don't. Speaking of headshots, it's completely random where your bullets go, as the recoil is horribly designed. Even if your crosshair is perfectly centered on someone, even if they aren't moving, even if you aren't moving, even if there isn't ANY reason for you to miss, your bullet DODGES a foot to the left, right, or ANYWHERE you weren't aiming. Good gosh, I found I got more headshots by aiming at a person's TORSO than actually aiming at their HEAD. THIS MAKES NO SENSE.
    There is a serious lack of new content. It's basically a modded CS:S. There is only a handful of new weapons and maps.
    And now, the graphics. The graphics are simply terrible. The game looks 10 years old. The animations look stupid, the textures are low-res, and the lighting, oh the terrible lighting; all the maps look completely dull because of it. Almost all shadows have the same boring shade of grey. It's as if someone forgot to add proper lighting to most areas.
    Despite the above, the game CAN still be fun. It's just overall a mediocre game.
    I'd say stick with the previous Counter-Strike games. This is poorly designed, badly balanced garbage compared to them.
  3. Dec 9, 2014
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive is in my opinion one of my favorite games, because for one thing the game-play is very skill-based and competitive. The game has also added in skins for guns and knives, which has increased the player base by at least 200% and has made the game a lot more fun. I don't recommend this game for people who are VERY new to FPS's (First Person Shooters) andCounter Strike: Global Offensive is in my opinion one of my favorite games, because for one thing the game-play is very skill-based and competitive. The game has also added in skins for guns and knives, which has increased the player base by at least 200% and has made the game a lot more fun. I don't recommend this game for people who are VERY new to FPS's (First Person Shooters) and video games, because the game is very competitive and hard to master. Have fun! :D Expand
  4. Dec 8, 2014
    Even though Global Offensive is a shooter based on a very simple and monotonous concept (your goal is to basically kill your enemies and survive), the game has a steep learning curve and content that will last you for many hours of gameplay. What looks like a simple and boring game at first, is actually a FPS filled with many different strategies and teamwork. The game has since releaseEven though Global Offensive is a shooter based on a very simple and monotonous concept (your goal is to basically kill your enemies and survive), the game has a steep learning curve and content that will last you for many hours of gameplay. What looks like a simple and boring game at first, is actually a FPS filled with many different strategies and teamwork. The game has since release been improved massively (kudos to Valve for all the great updates recently) and the eSports scene of the game has grown by a large margin. Expand
  5. Nov 24, 2014
    Nice update to graphics, like most people here I've been playing since 1.6, played mostly source. I used to scout exclusively in source but GO has completely change accuracy, speed, zoom ... basically everything about the scout sucks now ... disappointed.
  6. Nov 19, 2014
    I play CS since CS 1.5 and I still love Counter-Strike.
    But CS: GO is absolute scrap. I think I play a mix of CoD, BF and CS. And not at all. The only thing that is good about the game and keeps the game running, is the matchmaking and the market-place.
    Without the two things that everyone would still play 1.6 and Source.

No thanks, nothing for me.
  7. Nov 12, 2014
    firstly id like to thank our lord and saviour gaben for blessing us with this game.

secondly dont play this game and expect to the best straight away. unless you have an extensive cs/competitive fps history you will get smashed in competitive mode. this game requires a multiple variety of different skills and above anything else patience to work within a team that some times will be working against you.

i see a lot of people complain that they cant just run around and hold down the mouse button, to you i say gb2cod/bf/halo. csgo and cs in general requires knowledge of each weapon and how that weapon behaves in certain situations.

if you're looking for a fps that rewards skill, knowledge and strategy then csgo/cs is for you.

the only down side to this game is the cheating and smurfing in comp mode. if valve could implement a better cheat detection system this game would be an 11/10.
  8. Nov 8, 2014
    Believe me when I say, the people giving the negative reviews are just mad that they can't become a Nova.

Valve's Counter Strike: Global Offensive really delivers in a way that's pleasing to us all. The mechanics are optimized to the fullest extent, and the weapons and equipment are properly balanced so there are no overpowered parts to the game. The game is great, and the mechanics are great. The only problem is that CS:GO is practically just a re-distribution of the graphics where they need to be. It brings lots of new things to the table, but even with that, it's just Source with a makeover.
  9. Nov 4, 2014
    The best online shooters saga history returns with an addictive great game and renovated with multiple modes and game options. The graphic draws attention especially on maps and are quite varied, recognize old maps with amazing quality graphics. The game is constantly updated with maps, passes, community contributions ... etc, extending the life of brutal game. Highly recommended if youThe best online shooters saga history returns with an addictive great game and renovated with multiple modes and game options. The graphic draws attention especially on maps and are quite varied, recognize old maps with amazing quality graphics. The game is constantly updated with maps, passes, community contributions ... etc, extending the life of brutal game. Highly recommended if you like shooters Expand
  10. Oct 31, 2014
    Ah, another attempt to replace the amazing Counter Strike mod from the Half Life days, ending with 1.6. Back in 2004 Counter Strike: Source (CSS for short) was released and people were amazed with the vast improvements. What improvements you ask? That's what we were all confused about back in 2004. Yes the game obviously looked far better now running on the brand new source engine, butAh, another attempt to replace the amazing Counter Strike mod from the Half Life days, ending with 1.6. Back in 2004 Counter Strike: Source (CSS for short) was released and people were amazed with the vast improvements. What improvements you ask? That's what we were all confused about back in 2004. Yes the game obviously looked far better now running on the brand new source engine, but what else other then that?

People were hesitant on switching over, as they had become accustom to the greatness of 1.6.

As people switched we realized they had removed much from the original game or had changed it so that it felt completely different. Now different isn't always a bad thing, but when you remove certain things, it can be.

But were not here to talk about CSS, were here to talk about the most recent installment of Counter Strike.

Now they have made vast improvements with the game, but it also suffers some major issues, at least in match making.

Once again Valve fails to put a region lock on another match making game, so we are playing with people from Brazil, Mexico, China and others. And i have mentioned in other reviews its not where the people are located is the issue (normally unless someone has 500+ ping and makes it so you cant even hit them) its the different languages that is the issue. CSGO is reliant on communication in competitive play to know where people are at, when they are rotating, when we see bomb and so on and so forth. When we cant make simple calls, it ruins the goal of the game.

Another issue is that CSGO is plagued with people using paid hacks, yes paid costing upwards to 120 dollars for a 6 month subscription so that they can beat you in match making. When you see someone on the other team spinning circles while running down long A and getting all head-shots you know its not going to be a fun game.

Many of the guns have been changed as far as spray patterns, damage, accuracy, and others which is okay, but i feel they are trying to hard to make every gun viable instead of balancing the most important guns.

Overall it makes vast improvements over CSS and CS Pro Mod, but it still has a way to go to live up to the original CS. If you get some friends that like playing and you do match making with them, you're sure to have a good time.
  11. Oct 29, 2014
    Coming from consoles over to PC shooters, I was expecting the same generic click-bang-dead games that I played on console. Counter-strike blew me away, such an immersing, strategic and intense shooter for competitive play.
  12. Oct 26, 2014
    For the amount of time that Counter-Strike has been available it's truly amazing how buggy and sloppy CS:GO is. Game breaking bugs that have been around for years remain unaddressed.
  13. Oct 25, 2014
    Eine starke Verbesserung zu dem Vorgänger "Counter-Strike: Source" - nach über 100 Spielstunden noch immer eines meiner am liebsten gespielten Spiele, in meiner Gesamten Steam-Bibliothek, dass zum Teil auch wegen dieser großartig witzigen Community!

Grafik/Graphics: 8/10
    Simulator Simulator 2914
    Mexican hating simulator 2914
    HAX SIMULATOR 3014
  15. Oct 15, 2014
    The worst game ever created by Valve. It's really a shame that the definition of pro-gaming-series has become what this is. Counter-Strike, once known to be a game in which skill, aim and reflexes decided over how good you are and if you win the match and in which you needed to put in hundreds or thousands of hours to gain experience has become a game made for people that have none ofThe worst game ever created by Valve. It's really a shame that the definition of pro-gaming-series has become what this is. Counter-Strike, once known to be a game in which skill, aim and reflexes decided over how good you are and if you win the match and in which you needed to put in hundreds or thousands of hours to gain experience has become a game made for people that have none of these skills. The only reason to buy this the fact that there are no more servers online for the real Counter-Strikes and it's really a shame the developers use this to sell a poor made game. You want a good gaming experience, the need to actually train to achieve victory and the possibility to dominate with skill? Then you should stay away from CS:GO and buy CS1.6 or maybe CS.S. If you want bad hitreg, lagg even tho your ping is low and all your experiences from older Counter-Strikes just being totally worthless, than CS:GO might be the game for you. Expand
  16. Oct 14, 2014
    Really good game i used to play alot of cs 1.6 before i moved to Cs:GO and i must say that it is a beautiful game all around. It has good graphics but the gameplay it's his forte. Especially the multiplayer the ranking system made the game alot more competitive . I recommend it
  17. Oct 11, 2014
    This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo,This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo, Call of Duty) you actually need skillZ in this game, you can't just charge up and hold down the trigger button and expect to win. YOU NEED SKILLZ TO KILL. So basically y'all modern day "gamers" are gonna get pissed and stuff cause it takes too much skillZ only a boss can play this game, not some modern "AAA" gamer. WARNING THIS GAME TAKES TOO MUCH BOSSNESS AND SKILLZ, NOT FOR THE WEAK MINDED 9 YEAR OLDS THAT OCCUPIES MOST GAME COMMUNITIES THESE DAYZ. Expand
  18. Oct 11, 2014
    The best entry in the counter-strike franchise. Every month or so they add new features to improve the core gameplay, such as different colored markers for your teammates on the minimap, the ability to see their weapons above their heads in spawn, the ability to throw grenades different lengths, etc. If you can handle the problems innate with any competitive online shooter (dickheadThe best entry in the counter-strike franchise. Every month or so they add new features to improve the core gameplay, such as different colored markers for your teammates on the minimap, the ability to see their weapons above their heads in spawn, the ability to throw grenades different lengths, etc. If you can handle the problems innate with any competitive online shooter (dickhead teammates, latency issues and the occasional hacker) then you'll love it, especially if you put some time in to getting good.

Overall the most fun and satisfying competitive shooter I've ever played by far.
  19. Oct 9, 2014
    First Counter Strike game I've ever played, and albeit it had been a frustrating start getting used to the immense learning curve of the game, a couple of Youtube videos later and a bit of practice and I was fine. If you complain about how difficult the game is this is absolutely not, NOT Call of Duty. Excellent game and at a very reasonable $15.
  20. Oct 5, 2014
    Counter-Strike: global offensive is a greatest fu**up valve has ever made. Client of the game is full of bugs, servers dont count shots, matchmaking is broken, nobody bans hackers, cases are greedy and overpriced. So its basically a fork of cs 1.6 with fancy graphics. Dont buy it.
  21. Oct 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. Hacker and there is no anti hack.
    Number one of all is hacker. Team killing is **** People like to kill their own team for no reason. So, Cheaters are a VERY big problem currently and that is what made me stop playing. I agree with this The iBurger's comment with that. So yes, cheater is major one of all. This is why I stopped playing.
  22. Sep 27, 2014
    Very good game and gameplay. Cheaters are a VERY big problem currently and that is what made me stop playing. Skins are pretty cool too but some can be very expensive(but cool too). There is also a matchmaking system which needs improvement but is playable.
  23. Sep 20, 2014
    First of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more playersFirst of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more players every month after 2 years...Maybe when it was released, game mazines couldn´t expect that, but after 2 years, this game should have a 85 or more in both scores... Expand
  24. Sep 16, 2014
    At first I didn't like it, but then they changed a lot of bugs, and annoying things that happened with this version, and the older ones. Now it's a pretty fun game, and you can use pretty much all the weapons, not just AWP, or Ak-47.

I am still a little sucker for the old CS 1.6 times, but this one definitely gave me the "I want to play more" feeling that I usually got from 1.6 4 years ago.
  25. Sep 11, 2014
    Want to play ? Too bad , there is a whole community of people unable to be humans . The game is the ultimate competitive shooter , far worse in many aspects than other AAA MP shooters , but because of its simplicity it makes a great fit for the competitive market . BUT the community , as every e-sport community , are not gamers - they are stats junkies that do not know how to play withWant to play ? Too bad , there is a whole community of people unable to be humans . The game is the ultimate competitive shooter , far worse in many aspects than other AAA MP shooters , but because of its simplicity it makes a great fit for the competitive market . BUT the community , as every e-sport community , are not gamers - they are stats junkies that do not know how to play with other human beings , new players , or generally other gamers . These people with bad language both writen and spoken and the abusive kick system bring this game from a clear 7 , to a 4 . Expand
  26. Sep 8, 2014
    By far the best Counter-Strike out there. Valve is really working for this game to become the best. They listen to the players. The matchmaking system is great and they have put all kind of customizable things in the game, like skins for the weapons. There's item drops. The competitive field has never been greater and there's some really big tournaments in this game.
  27. Sep 8, 2014
    This game is an experience. I've played cs for years and tried many other FPS, but always went back to cs.

There is something about Counter Strike that make me enjoy the gaming. 1. Great gameplay, if you are new, you might not like it, but keep playing and soon, you will be good enough to enjoy the game. 2. Skill. This is the game: skills, work on your aim, the spray pattern of the

There is something about Counter Strike that make me enjoy the gaming.

2. Skill. This is the game: skills, work on your aim, the spray pattern of the weapons, the hot spot...etc
    3. Matchmaking, a great idea very well implemented. You can be sure to play with people on your same skill range, and always be able to play, whatever the time, the place ( even on Christmas eve)!
    4. The community: The community brings new maps, new skin models.
    5. Again the community: in competitive mode, you can play with **** that are annoying, but that cs, so...BUT, also play with great teammate, that have fun and coordinate with you so you can win.
    6. The amount of weapons, there are tones of them, and all are different, choose wisely
    7. the modes. enough for me as I play only competitive and deathmatch

In overall, don't listen to the rage dude that could not event fire a shot and got raped on their first round, Counter Strike is hard game, not easy to understand and to master. But with time, you will, and you will enjoy fraggind like hell and putting bullets directly to the head of your opponent.

This game and definitely the best Multi FPS out there, and for long!
  28. Sep 7, 2014
    Should be renamed to Camper-Strike. Honestly, moving around in the map has no meaning in this game. Just buy a sniper rifle and wait in a corner. You have better chances to get a kill that way. Also, you can never trust your crosshair, because apparently being precise with anything but a sniper rifle is for losers....
  29. Sep 7, 2014
    [RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые[RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые оружия, новая озвучка. Одним словом-советую.
    [ENG]Counter-Strike is a great classic and Counter-Strike:Source was steep and magnificent. But when I went Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, I didn't play, but was what she kratai now I have it and I liked it. The graphics are great, music is awesome, all well drawn, the models look great. There are new modes, which I am grateful. New weapons, new voice. One word of advise.
  30. Aug 28, 2014
    A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite).A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite). The graphics are really good and don't strain your PC even on a low level gaming rig. The game is worth its $15 asking price, and seeing as how Valve constantly updates the game, its value surpasses the price. You'll find yourself being stuck in the addicting grind to get better weapon skins and to complete challenge missions to unlock more skins. I'd recommend for FPS fans who play on the PC and who are looking for a good competitive game. Expand
  31. Aug 23, 2014
    What is there to say? This is the old, addictive multiplayer game remade in high quality visuals.

New modes such as arms race and demolition are a fun addition to the game. New weapons such as the PP-Bizon, MAG-7 and incendiary grenades are fun to use - and offers much more deeper thought of strategy. Even now, CS(CS:GO) remains fun and addictive as a game where players can

New modes such as arms race and demolition are a fun addition to the game.

much more deeper thought of strategy.

Even now, CS(CS:GO) remains fun and addictive as a game where players can simply "jump in for a quick funtime" with bots or friends in a LAN or over the Internet. This is far more better than playing COD clones.
  32. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game that is updated regularly with new weapon skins and new maps, there has been a major upgrade a while ago that introduces lots of map that are new to CS:GO. It's also famous for competition and watching tournaments.
  33. Aug 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr than cod Expand
  34. Aug 16, 2014
    I found this game very lack lustre, I just felt like it was missing something, maybe some kind of other game mode. In general I got bored of this game quite quickly and found the gameplay a bit too out dated
  35. Aug 15, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of my favourite FPS ever, hell the first FPS I ever played was Counter-Strike on the old Xbox. The gameplay is great and it controls great! not ever have I had a death in this game that felt unfair to me as when i play COD i eather die from some hidden attack or something. Gun Game is the most fun I had in a long time. Counter-Strike: GlobalCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of my favourite FPS ever, hell the first FPS I ever played was Counter-Strike on the old Xbox. The gameplay is great and it controls great! not ever have I had a death in this game that felt unfair to me as when i play COD i eather die from some hidden attack or something. Gun Game is the most fun I had in a long time. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the most fresh counter strike game there is, go buy it now its only about $15. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gets a 8/10 Expand
  36. Aug 13, 2014
    I played since CS 1.6 and this Game is a Huge improvement.
    Better Graphics better Sound, Better Hostage System, better Weapon Balance and finally a good Hitbox.
    And some new Game modes that are Fun too
  37. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game. I lost (and i will) many hours in that game. Great graphics, beautiful new weapon skins with the old and good mechanic of counter strike series.
  38. Aug 8, 2014
    Global Offensive is not the original Counter-Strike, and although it's not that great, it's still good. Added some new game modes, changes the guns, added new features,... but keeps the core of its predecessor, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is some remarkable title in these days, when "Call of Duty" style shooter games rule the world.
  39. Aug 8, 2014
    Nova versão bastante melhorada. Gostei bastante. Só acho que falta uma campanha para jogar solo e os times possuírem mais integrantes, achei pouco apenas com 5 pessoas (muita influência de dota 2).

Nota: 8/10
  40. Jul 25, 2014
    Отличная игра,так же и в разделе киберспорт.Это,как говорил 400кг,отличная замена 1.6.Всё просто великолепно,добавили соревновательный режим.Почему же 7?Потому что в игре просто ужасная система банов в соревновательном режиме.Вас могут забанить на 7 дней даже за то,что вас часто кикали!Или если вы будете часто попадать по своим,то есть вы можете вообще случайно убить своего,и всё,7 днейОтличная игра,так же и в разделе киберспорт.Это,как говорил 400кг,отличная замена 1.6.Всё просто великолепно,добавили соревновательный режим.Почему же 7?Потому что в игре просто ужасная система банов в соревновательном режиме.Вас могут забанить на 7 дней даже за то,что вас часто кикали!Или если вы будете часто попадать по своим,то есть вы можете вообще случайно убить своего,и всё,7 дней бана!А так игра хорошая. Expand
  41. Jul 20, 2014
    I picked up counter strike go in the steam summer sale because I had a couple of friends that played it. I'm kind of new at pc shooters so I was kid of skeptical about getting it but I did anyway. I played some team deathmatch and it seemed kind of hectic so I decided to play casual for once by myself. Well that turned out to be a mistake because I got kicked once I had one bad round,I picked up counter strike go in the steam summer sale because I had a couple of friends that played it. I'm kind of new at pc shooters so I was kid of skeptical about getting it but I did anyway. I played some team deathmatch and it seemed kind of hectic so I decided to play casual for once by myself. Well that turned out to be a mistake because I got kicked once I had one bad round, which was in only my second match and like I said before I am new to pc shooters. I would have given this game a lot higher of a score if it weren't for me being kicked for pretty much being new to the game. It's not fair to new players and how exactly am I to learn how to play if I'm just going to get kicked while learning? They should fix the broken kicking system but for now I am giving the game a 0 just for that reason because it is unplayable to me. Expand
  42. Jul 19, 2014
    One of the most, advanced and most pristine army games I have played, from its precision shooting, to its ridiculous amount of difficulty (what I mean here, is that you will die a lot more than any other army games I have played) and all the maps or most of them remind me of CS Source
  43. Jul 18, 2014
    Sans doute un des fps incontournable sur pc . Même si la physique des balle est assez bizarre . Un système de marché est dispo sur steam pour personnalisé nos armes . Si vous aimé les fps arcade : vous aller vous régaler .
  44. Jul 15, 2014
    Tactical round-based FPS shooter. As a true fan and player of Counter-Strike 1.6 (3,534 hrs on steam record+LAN) I was a bit skeptical about my decision to move on GO, but I think I'm getting into it.
  45. Jul 9, 2014
    Counter Strike Global Offensive es un shooter que de verdad ah superado las expectativas en todos los sentidos, ah brindado una muy buena interacción de usuario y personaje, muy bien logrados los mapas antiguos y clásicos mezclados con la nueva esencia gráfica de este increíble juego y el diseño de las armas mas que espectacular, sobre todo las armas que incluyen mensualmente en laCounter Strike Global Offensive es un shooter que de verdad ah superado las expectativas en todos los sentidos, ah brindado una muy buena interacción de usuario y personaje, muy bien logrados los mapas antiguos y clásicos mezclados con la nueva esencia gráfica de este increíble juego y el diseño de las armas mas que espectacular, sobre todo las armas que incluyen mensualmente en la workshop actualmente. Un juego altamente recomendable por la gran cantidad de horas que tiene para ofrecerte. Un juego que de verdad mantiene esa esencia que todos disfrutabamos del 1.6 aún mejorada para que podamos pegarnos vicios largos de tardes o noches sin pensar en nada mas que matar, la verdad espectacular 9/10

Detalles extra: Me encantaron algunos detalles que han implementado que me sorprendieron bastante como el efecto de Zoom-in del Awp o de la Aug / SG. Muy bien logrado.
  46. Jul 6, 2014
    The game has the ability to be great, but the problem is its community.

No matter how hard you try, no matter how good you are, you are going to get **** This is a teamwork based game, of 5 vs 5, yet over 80% of your games will NOT have 10 players. You will constantly find people who are there just to make you lose on purpose. As it is now, it's a piece of **** game which will
    The game has the ability to be great, but the problem is its community.

You will constantly find people who are there just to make you lose on purpose.

As it is now, it's a piece of **** game which will only give you frustration and desperation.

Stay away from it if you don't want to get any heart disease.
  47. Jul 3, 2014
    I've played cs since 2002 and I must say this is the worst cs I've ever played. Things such as hit detection and anti-cheat valve should have industry standard for but they don't. They have taken out as many if not more features than they have added. They put in things into the game such as weapons skins to pray on the human impulse to buy "shiny rare" garbage. Competitive Match makingI've played cs since 2002 and I must say this is the worst cs I've ever played. Things such as hit detection and anti-cheat valve should have industry standard for but they don't. They have taken out as many if not more features than they have added. They put in things into the game such as weapons skins to pray on the human impulse to buy "shiny rare" garbage. Competitive Match making could have been in cs years ago and its riddled with cheaters, Literally people are paranoid in every match of cheating that they had to create a community watch program to search for cheaters. Pub match making will throw you into a game with 1 person a 30 bots on a random map that no one plays. I could go on about level design, ETC but ill just say this, Putting a little studio like Hidden Path Entertainment to create one of your flagship franchises really shows incompetence. Expand
  48. Jul 2, 2014
    minus the chatter boxes and nerd ragers, CS:GO brings competitive CS to the masses.

Game play is supreme, dynamic gun fights encounters galore!

Great job development team in bringing the popular custom maps and integrating them into something easily consumable.
  49. Jun 29, 2014
    This beats COD any day. Thank you Gabe and everyone at Valve. You guys have probably made one of the (if not the best) FPS of 2011... and 2012... and 2013... and 2014... You know, this could be the FPS of the decade.
  50. Jun 26, 2014
    Кому не нравится игра-вылейте себе бочку кислоты на голову!Игра супер!Стрельба крутая,звуки крутые,карты крутые,всё крутое!
  51. Jun 25, 2014
    Great game. It was a little rough around the edges when it came out a few years ago but not it's playing great. Competitive mode is where the fun. If that isn't for you there are other game modes. Also, there is a strong community base. There are thousands of custom maps and dozens of other game modes to play. For 15 dollars I've had way more fun playing CS Go than Battlefield 3 or 4.
  52. Jun 23, 2014
    Community of this game is so toxic that no one should buy it ever. This game is filled with cheaters so much that only way you can win is to have cheater in your team.
  53. Jun 21, 2014
    Nice game! Buy all! Very good gameplay, matchmaking and skins!
  54. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing I'v played cs 1.6 for 6 years cs:s for 1 year and cs:go bout 1 year and I quited cs 1.6 bcus of cs:go :) this game is jsut amazing I cant stop plaing it bcus tis fun there is comeptetive and skins u cna trade open cases ant othe rfun stuf os I recomend everybody buing it :)))

-SDC OUT
    Peace!
  55. Jun 5, 2014
    Overall a lot of fun- BUT so many bugs! Mouse disappearing, crosshair disappearing, crashing of the game, etc. It is a bit ridiculous. I expected a game with such high ratings to be more stable than this............
  56. Jun 4, 2014
    10/10 ruined my life, but there is some wall hackers and aimbotting. but the overwatch system takes most of them out.
    and for the price of 11 euro. it's awesome
  57. Jun 3, 2014
    Counter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and givesCounter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and gives the adrenaline that every game should give, especially talking about fpses. I'm enjoying this game and always will. thanks counterstrike for keeping alive esports despites League of Legends and CoD **** alike. Expand
  58. Jun 2, 2014
    This game is good but it has some problems.,That VAC system is useless..Sometimes in competitive i play with retards that are cheating and peoples ranks are going down..In rest the game is good but never perfect.
  59. May 28, 2014
    To be totally honest, i thought this game would be amazing but, after spending a few hours playing, my mind quickly changed. The game is full of hackers but what really pissed me off was that the guns were totally unbalanced. I was getting killed faster by a crap pistol then an LMG in Close Quarters. Also, the game only registered about a third of the bullets i would shoot. Just my opinionTo be totally honest, i thought this game would be amazing but, after spending a few hours playing, my mind quickly changed. The game is full of hackers but what really pissed me off was that the guns were totally unbalanced. I was getting killed faster by a crap pistol then an LMG in Close Quarters. Also, the game only registered about a third of the bullets i would shoot. Just my opinion but not worth the money at all Expand
  60. May 28, 2014
    will not stop playing this until I make it to global elite.

too bad that's never gonna happen.
    Awesome game, love dust, but my baby from source, Assault, has been changed too much and therefore I must deduct one mark from 10
  61. May 27, 2014
    this game is a hackfest. every single game i've played as LEM had hackers in it.

the worst games are when they are losing and say "obvious hacks gonna show you what's up /r/antiboost" and then proceed to disconnect, reconnect, and turn on their aimbots. normally, I would just say hacking is a difficult problem with every fps, but csgo competitive is pretty much composed of mostly

and then proceed to disconnect, reconnect, and turn on their aimbots.

normally, I would just say hacking is a difficult problem with every fps, but csgo competitive is pretty much composed of mostly hackers at the higher ranks. not much is being done to control them.

Other aspects of the game can be good, but for a competitive player like me I'll just stick with the good old 1.6
  62. May 24, 2014
    When it came out it was full of bugs and simple.
    Everyday I'd get here with an update to download, and each update the game would go better.
    Awesome gameplay, servers, badges, etc.

Recommended for sure! Addiction guaranteed! (mostly on competitive matches!)
  63. May 17, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and playCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and play quietly for hours! Expand
  64. May 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It worths the weight!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Expand
  65. Apr 30, 2014
    CSgo Hacks for free here: http://bit.ly/PM2kJI

It's undetectable by VAC and it's updated regularly. It has aimbot, wallhack, it shows health , distance, everything you need to become global elite.
  66. Apr 27, 2014
    In my opinion an overrated fps that doesn't bring anything new to the genre and is not particularly better than other similar games. The gameplay in general can be fun, but maybe not enough to make true lovers of the fps genre stay for more than 30 hours (cult fans coming from CS:Source might play for the rest of their lives though), the UI is simple and sufficient, the maps are goodIn my opinion an overrated fps that doesn't bring anything new to the genre and is not particularly better than other similar games. The gameplay in general can be fun, but maybe not enough to make true lovers of the fps genre stay for more than 30 hours (cult fans coming from CS:Source might play for the rest of their lives though), the UI is simple and sufficient, the maps are good enough and it's very easy to find a room to play.
    My biggest complain about this game is the lack of consistency of it's weapons. I know not all games are supposed to feel realistic but when grenades only have a 2m damage radius, ak-47 shoots like m416 and snipers can be shot as easily as shooting a pistol, I just get thrown off.
  67. Apr 26, 2014
    This is pure and classic counter-strike formula, updated for more modern gaming. Its worth picking up if you are a CS fan or enjoy multiplayer FPS games. Plus you can get it on sale for really cheap if you're patient enough.
  68. Apr 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While this is a fun and competitive game, it lacks something, it may be the lack of change from the last counter strike (source), I mean yeah they added a new interface and a few modes and maps, but in my opinion it would have been refreshing to get a little bit more content. you can argue with me because the price is low, but to me, as a fan of valve and it's games I would appreciate a few more official modes and maps.
    The DLC might be great, but I'm sick of paying for a game that is not complete.
    That's the bad news.
    The good news are that the game preserves it's good old fashion gameplay style, the graphics have improved and are a treat to look at, and the game works smoothly most of the time.
    Also I like the fact that each map has a different kind of characters as for the CT and the T.
    The new hostage rescuing system is fantastic, I like it better and I think it's something they thought about.
    As usual valve have succeed in giving the opportunity to add mods and additional maps and weapons to the game, which is great.
    I would give this game a bit more than 8 but less than 9 because it is not complete in my opinion.
    Still, I think it's a game every casual gamer should get, specially as a fan of valve and counter strike. I've played since the first Counter Strike (when it was a mod) and I'm still enjoying each "upgrade".
  69. Apr 24, 2014
    CS:GO offers the addictive and tense gameplay all Counter-Strike players know and love. With amazing weapon feel, great graphics for the dated Source engine, great maps, and a good community to play with even for beginners, CS:GO is a must buy for competitive FPS players.
  70. Apr 24, 2014
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY THIS GAME, DO NOT!!!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY THIS GAME, DO NOT!!!

This game is a broken mess. Graphics look outdated for 2012, sounds are so terrible I want to puke. All weapons are boring and feel the same. Also they want you to pay for maps that were for free. All the good reviews are only because there are items like in TF2 but what is the point if the game doesn't play well. But the worst is the controls. THE F***ING BULLETS GO UP. In what game have you ever seen a bullet fly up? I tell in what: only this one. I wouldn't be p***ed off if they would go down, makes sense gravity, but up?! That just broke the game and doomed the whole Counter-Strike series. If you want a good multiplayer game buy original CS or CS:Source, just please not this one, it is not worth the money.
  71. Apr 23, 2014
    I came into this game with very little expectation for its success, after playing years of CS from the days of 1.3 up until its final release of 1.6 at a competitive level. Its hard to convince someone like me that Counter-Strike could be re-released as a updated version of its predecessor. I feel like failed epicly with CS:Source, that game felt nothing like 1.6 actually it felt like aI came into this game with very little expectation for its success, after playing years of CS from the days of 1.3 up until its final release of 1.6 at a competitive level. Its hard to convince someone like me that Counter-Strike could be re-released as a updated version of its predecessor. I feel like failed epicly with CS:Source, that game felt nothing like 1.6 actually it felt like a completely new game with similar version of maps. CS:Go is probably the closest game so far to bringing back to those days of the original 1.6 with a few perks that actually make it better in some aspects.

Gameplay: Standard fps that isn’t friendly to your run and gun style. It revolves some sort of skill and when you play competitive you will find that its not a forgiving game. It requires focus and team co-operation. This game is made for multiplayer as there is very little single player content. Matchmaking is where this game shines, no longer are players searching IRC and forums or leagues for a scrim or match. You are given a rank that does fairly well at placing you with evenly matched players. You will encounter hackers who will ultimately ruin your experience but if you can see past that the game is very well made.

Graphics: Up to date on today’s standards for computer graphic’s its nothing super special but it doesn't burn your eyes to play.

Replay Value: Considering its completely a multiplayer game and has a competitive (E-Sport) side to it. It comes down to how much you enjoy it, if you do you will find yourself going match after match trying to achieve higher ranks or you will log in from time after time to mess around on a public server. Either way replay value is extremely high.

Overall this game is a win, and if you are into the fps genre it is a must have. It will never replace 1.6 in the hearts of us old timers but it does justice to the name Counter-Strike.
  72. Apr 17, 2014
    One of those games that hit the nail on the head the first time around and as such doesn't need to do anything but improve its graphics over the years and still be the best multiplayer FPS on the market.

Added game modes are fun, add a bit of spice to the game, but Classic CS is what I came for, and that's where the game shines. "Deathmatch" has the spawn issues that plague CoD (because it's just an insta-spawn gibfest instead of a coordinated effort), Arsenal is fun, you have a lot of community maps to pull from as well but you don't get to play these on ranked.

And that's the game's only downfall as far as I can see. I feel like the ranked system should have a smaller map pool that changes every week, as it is if I select every map before queuing I keep getting thrown into Dust 2, because that was and still is the most favored CS map by the community. Would be nice if they did something to force people out of their comfort zones in competitive mode, to me that's the whole point.

Aside from that, still has dedicated servers for free, better hit detection and far fewer latency issues than modern titles that cost $60 and charge you for every map pack they release. The only reason I ever stop playing Valve games is because like everything else, I get eventually get bored and feel the need to try something new, but I always come back to Valve titles. They just do it so much better and give so much more value than everyone else in the industry, and this was even the case before they started earning that Steam money. If they ever flip the switch like Blizzard did, PC gaming will truly be dead.
  73. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is just terrible. What funny thing can you find there? Battlefield is good for graphic and battle with 64 players, Titanfall is interesting because of dynamic, Team Fortress 2 is great of his atmosphere, but there aren't any interesting in CS:Go
  74. Apr 1, 2014
    This is a great game, although when playing Casual in Defuse, just about everyone plays Dust 2, and that gets very annoying, I am very sick of this map now, but apart from that, a good game overall! Could have more modes (campaign where you could complete online with others? Like steam friends?)
  75. Mar 26, 2014
    The game is really really good. Would have given the game 10 but i hate the micro transactions. The game has earned so well that all the items should have been free. Otherwise, well balanced weapons. The AWP really feels like a proper high caliber gun because you hit the enemy on any part of the body, he is bound to die. The side arms are a major improvement as they don't feel weakThe game is really really good. Would have given the game 10 but i hate the micro transactions. The game has earned so well that all the items should have been free. Otherwise, well balanced weapons. The AWP really feels like a proper high caliber gun because you hit the enemy on any part of the body, he is bound to die. The side arms are a major improvement as they don't feel weak anymore. Top notch weapon skins etc. One of the best multiplayer games i have ever played Expand
  76. Mar 25, 2014
    Just perfect a real Counter Strike game like 1.6 or CSS. Come back to real FPS in esport. Moreover this game is realy not expansive. He is the most epic FPS make by Valve and for esport: 250 000$ for dreamhack, 250 000$ for IEM... Just epic
  77. Mar 20, 2014
    Don't buy this game if your a CS veteran player. the *aiming* in this game is horrible for a FPS !
    The whole game feels badly made and the CS feeling is totally gone !

If you wish to play CS go play CS Source. !
  78. Mar 17, 2014
    It has just shocked me when I have seen the payable additionnal features as passes for 'special' missions.
    CS1.6 and Source seem much better. CS GO's weapon balance is not so good, too much difference with sit-position and running shoot accuracy.
    I have never seen any shield making the game more interesting and strategic, enemies killing faster than in CS-portable-web-version with cheating.
    Maps are poor, small and not challenging, you never need to look in all directions and be curefull to charge enemy ambush.
    If making a new better game Devs could at least put a map maker so everyone could easily make his own maps and a character's look customisation,
    but CS GO is just a version with another style, even detailled the graphics are not better, just different.
    This game is no more developped, there are tons of real upgrades that could be made by this far,
    Even a new medieval game could be done with the same concept, still no upgradable, worst or better stuff. It could include new ready-to-use new medieval-fantasy weapons and abilities giving similar dynamic, strategic,
    reactive coop battles, similar modes (an apocalyps artefact instead of bomb, just giving an idea), and making some new maps is almost no work...
    Even if Devs made one of the best game in the world, it was a long time ago and they are still on holidays,
    so for now I do NOT advise to buy ANY CS games. Better buy a new original game that is really worked on, and not made by copy&paste!!!
  79. Mar 16, 2014
    It's very competitive and also renovated in comparison with older versions, with very good gameplay.
    One thing I really love is the fact of don't need to have a huge computer power, but I think it can enhance graphics a bit for those people who have a better GPU.
  80. Mar 16, 2014
    гама достойна похвалы,с геймплейем всё было понятно,разрабы говорят мол ''стрельба приближенна к 1.6'' но нет,зажимать с калаша не получится,даже когда по одно пуле стреляешь, пуля летит на много выше вверхней лески(по которой я целился в 1.6) не советую покупать.Но если хочется протестить бери!гама достойна похвалы,с геймплейем всё было понятно,разрабы говорят мол ''стрельба приближенна к 1.6'' но нет,зажимать с калаша не получится,даже когда по одно пуле стреляешь, пуля летит на много выше вверхней лески(по которой я целился в 1.6) не советую покупать.Но если хочется протестить бери!
  81. Mar 15, 2014
    Best game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are forBest game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are for updates.

With new "operations" players are able to spend a small amount of money to support community map makers and be able to play on those maps they work so hard on to make. In addition, recent updates such as the Arms Deal update allow players to have their own gun skins, apply stickers, and even name weapons.

As anyone who is new to the franchise, expect a difficult learning curve that is incredibly rewarding to overcome. Valve and Hidden Path are really outdoing themselves with this installment and I look forward to future updates.
  82. Mar 15, 2014
    I am a old 1.6 cs gamer. and i can honestly say, that i really like this take on it. still the best competetive FPS ever made in my opinion. And the scene is just getting bigger and bigger. One think to mention is the "new" Skin system, which in first i thought was a bit lame. but now i find myself sitting with crossed fingers, when opening skin cases (which you can get after matches,I am a old 1.6 cs gamer. and i can honestly say, that i really like this take on it. still the best competetive FPS ever made in my opinion. And the scene is just getting bigger and bigger. One think to mention is the "new" Skin system, which in first i thought was a bit lame. but now i find myself sitting with crossed fingers, when opening skin cases (which you can get after matches, online, seems to be kinda random). well. Superb game i think Expand
  83. Mar 12, 2014
    Although the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is so ambitious, it cannot reach its succeed like the Counter-Strike.however, we can see Valve had put a lot of effort to make this game to be perfect.In addition, it is a good game.
  84. Mar 11, 2014
    This is the first Game in the Counter Strike Genre i have played.
    Playing alone in competetive is fun but has it's downsides, and thats why i would advise everyone to play with a couple of friends, or a team for that matter.
    and with a low price point at 10 € i have so far gotten 100 hours out of it and im sure i'll play it alot more!
  85. Mar 7, 2014
    Valve did it again!

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is supposed to improve from it's older brothers Counter Strike(1.6), and Counter Strike: Source. CS:GO has been my favorite game ever since I got it. I've flawlessly played matches with minor issues(Which have been fixed by Valve, Who are also doing a great job with all the updates!) At first I was worried that CS:GO would be a
    Valve did it again!

CS:GO has been my favorite game ever since I got it. I've flawlessly played matches with minor issues(Which have been fixed by Valve, Who are also doing a great job with all the updates!) At first I was worried that CS:GO would be a major disappointment, but after going into the game, I noticed that Valve stayed with the same formula as the rest of the CS series!! With updates being released almost Daily, at an amazing cost of $15, CS:GO in my opinion was a major success. CS:GO has released skins for your guns(Which in no way effects how effective they are) All the weapons are balanced, new guns! (Tec-9, Cz 75, mag 7, Sawed off, Negev) Valve personally has been doing a great job in my opinion keeping up with what the players want.(Valve re added the M4A1 and USP after both were replaced with M4A4, and P2000, which now you are allowed to switch between!) In all CS:GO at the price of $15 is a steal, and I suggest this to ANY FPS gamer!
  86. Mar 2, 2014
    This game does counter strike well. I wasn't around for the era of 1.6 so this is a good introduction to the series for me. I have fun playing this game.
  87. Mar 2, 2014
    Arguably Valves best CS to date. CSGO provides the familiar game play of 1.6 and source and combines their characteristics to create the best of both worlds. Endless replayability via the steam workshop and a robust competitive scene via the rank based match making makes CSGO a complete success.

PROS Familure game play Balanced weapons/maps Competitive nature Cons Not beginner

PROS

Familure game play
    Balanced weapons/maps
    Competitive nature

Cons
    Not beginner friendly
    Hacks can be an issue within matchmaking
  88. Mar 2, 2014
    Im not a big Multiplayer Gamer and i do play some of 'em (And im a noob in it too) ... The ones i play is Battlefield 4 , Max Payne 3 and this .

Its been almost 5 year since i played any Counter Strike game . Amd getting this was kinda reforming the Old Memories . I bought it on Steam , downloaded and started (EASY) . The interface was easy as usual to navigate through servers .

I bought it on Steam , downloaded and started (EASY) .
    The interface was easy as usual to navigate through servers .
    Now some people who play the latest Army simulator games may think that the Visuals are kinda dated (May compare it with COD too) . and i dont blame them as they may see the comparison with latest games . But if i compare it with the previous installment in the Series (CS : Source) the visuals are updated .

The Sound was the similar and my slight con as they might've considered to upgrade or change it by now .

Gameplay was also quite similar , but CS Gameplay was never easy , it requires special tactics and your deep knowledge of the map to get through your way . The new addition of Arms Race is pretty cool .

Overall , a great game to try .
  89. Feb 21, 2014
    Nope. Sorry valve, but as much as it pains me to say this, I don't like this game. Let's get started right away. The hitboxes suck. Like, really bad. It's a known issue but to my knowledge it has not been dealt with yet, which is unacceptable, considering how bad they are. One time I had a famas and I hid next to a crate and 3 guys walked by and I opened fire at their legs and they allNope. Sorry valve, but as much as it pains me to say this, I don't like this game. Let's get started right away. The hitboxes suck. Like, really bad. It's a known issue but to my knowledge it has not been dealt with yet, which is unacceptable, considering how bad they are. One time I had a famas and I hid next to a crate and 3 guys walked by and I opened fire at their legs and they all dropped dead with like 1-2 leg shots each. The new maps are almost all terrible, and the ones that are good are only good when the teams play it properly. The best map is vertigo, which is this 3 level building map. Some of the low points of this map include the fact that when you fall of the side, you die halfway down the decent. Most maps are ugly and alot of them are basically a source map with a few textures and tiny things like trash bins and stuff added in. The game is very shiny, but in a bad way, it's like they wanted it to be playable on 2007 hardware, but also be able to look great on 2012 hardware. The result is a game playable on low hardware, but with terrible graphics even cranked up. Not that anybody plays with bots, but the AI for them sucks anyway. One easy-medium, if they see you they literally point your gun at you and pause for like a half second, and in a game where reflexes win 70% of the battles, its more than enough time to kill them. Some weapons do way to much damage, like the awp. If you shoot a guy in the foot with an awp, it can easily be lethal.

The good point(s) are a few tiny things that don't really matter, but if I'm giving this a 2 it need something, so basically the 2 good points are 1. The fact that if your playing as CT's and you start on vertigo you see the chopper that landed you there take off and 2. the fact that in multiplayer you can't be a one man team (to an extent, honestly if your in the right place with a longer ranged rifle or other weapons that go unusually far, you can pick off like half a team before you get hit in the leg by a lucky smg round that instantly kills you.
  90. Feb 21, 2014
    The latest and greatest version of Counter-Strike, and one I personally believe to be the best to date. Global Offensive takes the lessons learned of the earlier games, and also bring along enhanced spectator modes that the game needed to evolve in the eSports landscape. The integration with the Steam marketplace for skins and maps is OUTSTANDING. Outstanding value for those interestedThe latest and greatest version of Counter-Strike, and one I personally believe to be the best to date. Global Offensive takes the lessons learned of the earlier games, and also bring along enhanced spectator modes that the game needed to evolve in the eSports landscape. The integration with the Steam marketplace for skins and maps is OUTSTANDING. Outstanding value for those interested in a competitive shooter. Expand
  91. Feb 18, 2014
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the £'s
  92. Feb 11, 2014
    Counter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, peopleCounter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, people may think that it's just Source with more modern graphics. However, under those shiny new graphics, there is also far more to this game lying in its exterior. Because it is a multiplayer only game, it does not have an actual story mode. Therefore, unlike my reviews in the past, I will not be talking about the story. I will instead be talking about its presentation as a whole. So, does this game make its predecessors look bad, or should gamers just keep playing Source until the next millennium? Let's find out. As I stated, this is a multiplayer game, so the entire game revolves around the whole multiplayer experience. This game does not change much at all from the original Counter-Strike games. There are two teams (under tournament circumstances and bot matches, there are five on each team), and both sides can win either by killing everyone on the opposing team, or completing an objective. Different from the originals? No. Is this bad? Heck no! The gameplay of Counter-Strike was what made it so special in the first place. The gameplay still feels fast, furious, fun and fresh after all these years. It manages to keep these old modes, and also add new ones. The new gameplay mode additions to this game are called Arms Race, and Demolition. Arms Race is a mode where players compete for kills and get increasingly more powerful weapons with each kill. The winner is the first player to get kills with every weapon in the game. As for demolition, it is a much more traditional game of Counter-Strike, but instead of buying weapons at the end of every round, weaker weapons are awarded based on the amount of kills that you have. These new gameplay modes are a welcome addition to the game, and add more to Counter-Strike then it ever had before. Overall, the gameplay of this game is as fantastic as it has ever been. The graphics are probably the best of any Source Engine game as of yet released. Everything in this game looks absolutely stunning and beautiful. From the character models to the weapons, this game makes even its competitors look bad. Okay, that might be overstating it just a little. The source engine, though great, does not beat the graphical power of Dice's frostbite engine used for the Battlefield series. That's not to say the games graphics are bad, after all I just said they are fantastic. They just aren't Battlefield's. They are still better than Call of Duty however. The presentation is nice too. The U.I. is done very well, and so is the A.I. The A.I. is very intelligent and does its job very well. It has very good multiplayer servers. The maps are all very nice as well. It has many classic Counter-Strike maps, along with new ones. However, while this game's presentation is nice, there is one big problem that it will never overcome. It will never have the same lasting impact that Source and the original left on the gaming community. Sure it looks better, but it will probably never have the fanbase that Source has always had. This game is still fantastic on its own right however. Overall, I'd say that this game is totally worth buying, even if you have never played Counter-Strike before. That is why I recommend it to everyone who wants to play.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  93. Feb 9, 2014
    Counter Strike has always been a very competitive game. Generally all CS games are great but CS:GO takes it to the next level with the marketplace, weapon case, custom weapon finishes, etc. The fact that you can sell or buy stuffs at the marketplace, and also trade with friends adds a huge load of fun to the game. One of the best things about it is the price! Only 14.99$ on Steam for suchCounter Strike has always been a very competitive game. Generally all CS games are great but CS:GO takes it to the next level with the marketplace, weapon case, custom weapon finishes, etc. The fact that you can sell or buy stuffs at the marketplace, and also trade with friends adds a huge load of fun to the game. One of the best things about it is the price! Only 14.99$ on Steam for such a great game and I believe it should be worth about 24.99$ or so. Sure there are some people who might not like the CS kind of FPS experience but I heavily recommend it. Expand
  94. Feb 6, 2014
    Better graphics and that's it, every week they update-it, now it has been over one year and a half, and they still haven't finished with the updates. Same bugs as in Source, even new ones, but in the end it's not made by Valve, Valve only came with the engine, it's Hidden Path, the ones who screwed Counter-Strike: Source, in the first place.
  95. Feb 1, 2014
    Since i don't have any of the counter-strike games that came before this, i don't know a lot about the series, but i'm just going to talk about my impressions of the game.

CS:GO is more a remake of CS:source with better graphics, smart changes to the old maps, new game modes, and some new features. This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most

This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most other modern shooters. New players will have a lot of difficulty with the differences in gameplay. Most weapons have a lot of recoil, which makes them hard to control, rushing isn't a good strategy as you will die quickly, and you have to be careful with your footstep noise. In this way, it is very realistic.
    Although there are 4 new game modes, competitive, in which one team tries to plant a bomb and the other team needs to defend it, is still by far the best and most played one. This is because every match is completely different from the other. Losing a round means earning less money, and less money means less powerful weapons to buy, and because of this, winning the first round gives you a huge advantage over the other team. Killing someone feels better than in any other game, because you know they won't come back, and it shows you that you've learned to play such a difficult game. Because of the system in which you don't respawn until the round has ended, your role greatly affects your small 5-player team. This is done better than in any other game i've played.

Overview:
    Gameplay: 9.5
    The game is very tactical and balanced, and your role greatly affects your team.

Graphics: 6.5
    Although the weapons look cool, the game's textures look pretty dated.

Sound: 8
    The soundtrack is decent, and weapons sound realistic.

Lasting appeal: 10
    This game can easily keep you busy for hundreds of hours.

FINAL RATING: 8.5
  96. Jan 21, 2014
    Speaking as someone who's only other FPS experience is TF2, CS GO was pleasantly surprising as i have not been foddered up by embarrassingly easy **** Everything, From the difficult but satisfying recoil on every gun to the fact that all the classic mode levels (except Office) are perfectly balanced without being asymmetrical. Valve have once again raised the bar for tactical FPS.
  97. Jan 19, 2014
    This is a great CS game, with some serious infrastructure problems.
    1. This game feels like source with upgraded graphics and a better rewards system, competitive play, items etc which is awesome 9/10
    This is a great CS game, with some serious infrastructure problems.
    2. There are huge infrastructure problems such as an update takes place and right away wait times for games increase to 10 minutes and something even 2 - 3 hours. This is terrible and the worst part is that there is no real outlet to direct your frustration to because valve doesn't really care about its players. No one ever responds to you on the steam support forums, the issue is ignored when/until it fixes itself. This is a real problem that Valve has to deal with, as a customer that bought their game I expect them to support me, if they don't, I will gladly go to play Call of Duty or battlefield... 2/10
    Therefore I give it 5/10, awesome game and very bad infrastructure, what a combo....
  98. rqr
    Jan 18, 2014
    Do not buy this game, sooner or later you will be frustrated, because of the huge amount of cheaters and kickers, VAC fails miserably once again, by the way, the cheaters keep calling you "noob".

And the so called "overwatchers" do almost nothing, they keep ignoring wallhackers.
  99. Jan 16, 2014
    everything perfect except people cheating playing in many games and not get banned, and I have a network issue and I got banned for 7 days, then another network issue give me another 7 days instead 30 min, 2 hours...
    I playin 25 rounds then my net fall and volvo give me 7 days always..
    fix that **** VOLVO
  100. Jan 16, 2014
    This game suffers from alot of bugs and the optimization does get worse and worse with every patch. (Lower FPS every patch)

The matchmaking servers are filled with cheaters and the servers itself is not good. They have a high variance and a dipping server FPS resulting in a inconsistent experience. It´s a tiny bit more hardcore than Source was but do not give you that nice feeling

It´s a tiny bit more hardcore than Source was but do not give you that nice feeling Counter-Strike 1.6 and lower did when you was younger.

It´s only an O.K game if you play pugs or clan matches.

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]