7.8

1. Aug 21, 2012
    Awesome. Better graphics, new guns that have been update from CSS, and the game itself is similar to CSS, which in my opinion is a great thing. Hopefully with this release there will be a larger community than there already is for Counter-Strike. I'm not sure if it is similar to 1.6 as I have never played it. Anyways, great game and it's only $15.
  2. Aug 22, 2012
    I have been having a ton of fun with this game. It's a big upgrade from CSS. The guns feel amazing and the graphics are fantastic! I can't get enough of the new Demolition mode! If you need a reason own a PC and a Steam account, this is it. It's only $15, and all planned DLC is going to be free. FREE! Go get this right now!
  3. Aug 24, 2012
    lets see, my favorite game of all time made again? I wonder what I will do... Give it a ten and buy it of course. But seriously, cs and css were some of the funnest games ever made. Lets look at cs:go, fun. yes. community maps? yes. mods. yes. Anything to complain about no. price. great!
  4. Nov 11, 2012
    I really love this game. The ELO team skill ranking really works and they keep making updates, so each time is better than before. Competitive mode is so nice... if u abandon 4 matches in less than a week, you get banned for 1 week. Best Counter Strike ever for only $15.

CS:GO > CS 1.6 > CS:Source
  5. Mar 15, 2014
    Best game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are for updates.

With new "operations" players are able to spend a small amount of money to support community map makers and be able to play on those maps they work so hard on to make. In addition, recent updates such as the Arms Deal update allow players to have their own gun skins, apply stickers, and even name weapons.

As anyone who is new to the franchise, expect a difficult learning curve that is incredibly rewarding to overcome. Valve and Hidden Path are really outdoing themselves with this installment and I look forward to future updates.
  6. Aug 23, 2012
    This really is the best CS game to date. The weapons and shootings feels great and the new game modes brings more variety if youre bored of the standard mode. The only thing that could be improved is the map selection but I'm sure this will be improved with future patches and Steam workshop.
  7. Oct 5, 2012
    Underrated game, I would probably rate 9, usually the highest I rate, but feel a 10 would be more appropriate for it's overall score. Anyway, the game itself plays very nicely in my opinion, and I find it in many cases more enjoyable than CS:S. I realise that the game hasn't seemed to hit hard yet, but Valve are already adding new maps and features all the time, and it almost feels like the game is going to get better over-time, since they are famous for delaying games, and it is clear they wanted to satisfy the market. I would recommend that anyone that has bought the game to keep up with updates, major or minor, an in a while, we may have something even more golden for a community to start modding. Expand
  8. Aug 21, 2012
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)
  9. Aug 29, 2012
    This got me back into CS, which is reason enough to warrant a 10. CS is arguably one of the best skill-based games in the history of videogames and changing the formula would only hurt it. Thanks for the gfx update, Valve! I'll probably try and do some mapping again, too.
  10. Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome game! A good continuation after bad CS:S. Recommend! Valve have done a great job and they keep update this game. It surely will be better soon! :)
  11. Dec 10, 2012
    NOT FOR NOOB! if you are a noob don't buy it! It is hard and you must improve yourself to learn to win! It's HARD! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB!
  12. Aug 22, 2012
    Ok, this game just blew me away the moment as I started. With brand new graphics, new weapons, new leaderboard system, training mode, and more. CS:GO delivers just as well as the previous installments of the franchise, but sugarcoated once again for us, all for the low price of $15. Sure, it's not going to be the same as 1.6, CZ, or Source, but then again there are many people playing those games to this date. 1.6 Still pulls in at least 60,000 on a daily basis. When was the last time COD2 was that high recently? I have to give this game a perfect score because I was a huge fan of Source and love GO just as much. I still plan to get the originals someday since I didn't play PC games that long ago. Expand
  13. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Counter-Strike. If you don't like Counter-Strike, GET OUT. The three negative reviews expected something other than Counter-Strike. I could never get into Counter-Strike because of how you are either a total noob at the bottom of the scoreboards or a pro who can kill the entire team in 5 seconds. And it takes hundreds of hours of boredom to get good. In CSGO, that all changes. I'm actually having fun. The graphics are the best Valve has done, the UI is very clean, and the new voice acting is actually pretty good. The recoil and hit detection changed, and now instead of dying as soon as I see an enemy I actually use cover, throw grenades, and more. It's a much more active game. The new maps are the best ever made in Counter-Strike. They are very vertical, which encourages flanking, tactics, risk vs reward, and more. The Arsenal Demolition mode is possibly the best idea ever for a game. The inexperienced have a chance of fighting back against pros, because AK47s and P90s deals more damage than a P2000. The pros feel a sense of accomplishment and play just to see how far they can go. I don't care much for the gungame (A CS original, CoD stole it), but it's rather well done. The new weapons and balancing really make the 12 year old game feel brand new. I didn't care much for the casual mode, as it is only very small changes. And, IT'S $15. IT'S 1/4 OF THE PRICE OF A NEW CALL OF DUTY GAME, AND IT OFFERS SOMETHING THEY DON'T HAVE (GOOD CORE GAMEPLAY). If you want Counter-Strike, don't hesitate to buy it. Expand
  14. Aug 21, 2012
    Some people say this game is like source, I would say it's more like 1.6, and 1.6 is the best! But this game really gets up to par with 1.6. I highly recommend this game. It really captured the essence of 1.6!
  15. Sep 4, 2012
    It worths the weight!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  16. Aug 23, 2012
    I love this game! never played CS games before but CS-GO is the game i was waiting for. For 10$ i can only recommend it. Great positive is. You dont need high end machine to play it. Even old ati 3850 with 256mb of memory can handle this game on full hd with decent framerate.
  17. Jan 23, 2013
    Something for new and old CS players. The new game modes and skill-based matchmaking mean there is something for everyone, and coming into the game is not nearly as punishing as previous incarnations of CS. Already a large amount of maps and extra game-modes in the community servers in addition to Valve's official content.

Updates coming every 2 weeks, for free!
  18. Aug 22, 2012
    It's CS so you know what to expect. Quick matches. Intense difficulty. High tension. Some of the most classic FPS moments in video gaming history. CS does not need to change the formula is perfect and Valve knows this. The CS game for 2012.
  19. Aug 21, 2012
    In a way there's not a lot of point in reviewing this. It is the best counterstrike version by a wide margin, and the new modes such as arms race are face-melting-ly good. But if you hate counterstrike this won't change your mind.
    If you're an old school fan like me and you want it to feel new again like it did back in 99 then this is TOTALLY the game for you!
  20. Aug 23, 2012
    All hail Gaben. Once again, Valve has proven that new games don't need to be released every god damn year. GS:GO doesn't innovate, but instead polishes a tried and true formula. The game is also a steal. $14.99 for a new game? Count me in.
  21. Aug 23, 2012
    Maybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn't closer to the PC version though, they could have given COD a run for their $. Expand
  22. Nov 8, 2012
    CS:GO is NOT an UPDATE to CS. CS:GO is an entirely new game. Spray patterns are different. Bursting is different. Hitboxes are smaller, models slightly bigger. New guns and new nades. Molotovs/Incid are naw great CC's and can change/hinder the flow of a rush. Smokes are extremely effective. This is a new counter-strike so play it as such
  23. Aug 21, 2012
    $15 for this classic remake is huge value! People myself included bought Half-Life for the CS mod back in the day. This game improves on the CSS graphics and maps, the added match making needs a few improvements but its good to fire off a 5v5 competitive game which normally you had to PUG for. The weapon changes I don't think where needed, but it's ok. And makes for a new set of things to figure out and test. Lots of the old players don't like change it's as simple as that, instead of seeing it as a challenge.

The graphics COULD be better, but again its $15 and they targets multiple platforms and markets, they want the game to play for everyone and thats what it does, everyone in CS world wants huge amounts of FPS, so they get it with a bit less detail here and there. The main thing lacking I would say is tessellation or parallax mapping. Apart from that it's a much nicer looking game over CSS.

$15! its a steal for such fun multiplayer action, now with more game modes added in and maps.
  24. Sep 10, 2012
    Alright, a lot of people are a bit disappointed with the game so far, in comparison to CS:S, but, you gotta see things a bit away from source if that makes any damn sense.
    The thing is, this game only costs 15 dollars and it's some really high quality entertainment for that small amount of money, and we all know Valve is gonna drop a ton of updates on us, so whats with the
    disappointment? Now if this was 30 or 60 dollars, i'd bash this game to oblivion even with updates, because charging that much for a game and the putting updates up later is stupid, especially since updates might be halted or cancelled, but Valve gave us a good game, for a good price, the updates from this point are just bonuses from this point, I think ti's under-appreciated, people were expecting the biggest thing ever, well, they only asked for 15 dollars, could it considered to be a cop-out of Valve to just not live up to those expectations? I'm not sure, but right now, all that matters is that i'm having a blast on GO. Expand
  25. Aug 29, 2012
    Hidden Path developers did exactly what they should. They took a great franchise and took great care not to break it, instead focusing on polishing maps, weapons, money and overall gameplay balance.
    I really hope that the new edition will bring an influx of new players as this is the best Counter-Strike so far.
    Finally what I am quite happy about is that people seem to be switching from
    both 1.6 and Source version and like the new edition. I hope this will be the version to unite the now fragmented CS community. Expand
  26. Aug 23, 2012
    Best game of the Counter-Strike Franchise after 1.6, better graphics, new official game modes, and it's cheap, only 11
  27. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is amazing. The weapens all have recoil, and are balanced in a way you use them all. You can play casual or competitve, and the matchmaking is pritty great. If you have some friends the game get's even better! And for this price, why would you even bother with games like CoD?
  28. Aug 22, 2012
    Great game, they took everything that needed to be changed with the old cs and made it better, while keeping all that makes the series fun and exciting true to Counter Strike. Love this game same great gameplay and style with great smooth graphics, highly recommend to any non elitist.
  29. Aug 22, 2012
    Great FPS game that takes a lot of skill to master but the reward is fantastic. Killing another player is so satisfying because you know you have to work for every kill. Highly recommended.
  30. Dec 25, 2012
    As a played since CS 1.3 I first looked at it and thought - wtf is this COD clone thing that Valve have ruined the name of CS with? CS has always been my tried and true favourite game. I then figured if Valve have released it, it must be at least playable. Within 4 hours played time, I went from hating it to loving it. The game retains it's originality yet adds a new fresh feel. Don't get scared off by the new buy menu, it isn't that bad once you're used to it. Hit reg seems to be >= Source. I won't be going back to 1.5, 1.6 or Source. CS:GO (despite it's corny abbreviation) is now my preferred CS of all time. Expand
  31. Sep 10, 2012
    Very fun game like all Valve games and definitely worth 10 euro, compared to other games like BF3 who need 100 euro to get full boring and lazy game.
  32. Aug 24, 2012
    One of the best of the CS series. Sure the first CS is the leader of them all, but CS:GO just puts the series onto a whole new level. It proves that Source can give amazing graphics as well as incredible gameplay, and it shows that CS will never die out. I think this is an amazing release made by VALVe and it's worth every penny.
  33. Aug 21, 2012
    Great game. Very similar to CSS but for only 15$, who's complaining? The gameplay in myy opinion is better than CSS because of the added gun recoil and enhanced visual. Overall an awesome. game.
  34. Aug 22, 2012
    My preferred CS game now. The graphics are great, map designs are the classic maps you remember with new additions and tweaks that gets rid of some of the bottlenecks, etc. The match finder to get into quick competitive games is a great addition so playing with friends is a synch.
  35. Aug 22, 2012
    The Counter-Strike franchise is the most perfectly balanced series of multiplayer shooters and CS:GO doesn't disappoint in that context. The new features added, like "play as bots", "Gun Game maps (Official gun game modes) etc. makes the game more exciting that it has ever been". Still after the release Valve and Hidden Path will continue the developelopement, which is going to make the game more awesome than it already is. I'm also really excited to see the creativity from the community. Thinking of that people spend 60 euro on CoD: MW3, CS:GO is definately worth 14. To be honest, I actually think it should be the other way around. Expand
  36. Jan 3, 2013
    It's a really good version of Counter-Strike. Probably my favourite! The weapons are far more balanced, there are more reasons to use grenades other then flashbangs and the gameplay on the whole feels more refined! It's still Counter Strike to it's core, but it shows Valve isn't afraid to risk pissing off their fanbase to release a new one. Good Job!
  37. Jun 1, 2013
    Great game :D
  38. Aug 22, 2012
    Valve did a good job of keeping the Counter-Strike in Global Offensive. It's a love it or hate it game. CS:GO has nothing to do with level-based random spray regenerating health first-person shooters. It is much more challenging, and much more frustrating. I doubt that players who have not experienced 1.6 or CS:S wil like it, but apart from that staircase in de_dust, I don't have much to complain about. Expand
  39. Sep 18, 2012
    Valve resurrected the old spirit with the new engine,which known as Source,making an immortal legend.in this game,absolutely the game experience is hugely expanded.the word expand here refers do a lot of things:the arm racing mode was officialized (i used to play this mode in CS and CSS,but the mode wasnt official),new weapons and new maps.i think the glory of CS is definitely gonna be continue in another body,which is this game.well they dont have a zoom scope but thats the point. Expand
  40. Sep 3, 2012
    I wish new CS 1.6.
    I don't need BF2 or COD. I need old CS with more friendly graphic and more balanced weapon.
    And i catch it!

Big thx for Molotov **** Valve - new tactics, new degree of freedom!
  41. Aug 21, 2012
    Like most Valve games, just outside the game takes a while for updates, what I mean is that I give the game still not finished, as the CSS in 2004, there were many changes that were improvements to make a better game. Well, this counter-strike I give my thumbs up, pretty good, new signs (if you kill him through) new weapons, new tactics grenades ... Updated graphics ... etc ... and yet also with the help of the community with the beta testers and those changing hands They were exposed in the game along with hidden patch, the oldest in the series. Finally, a game kills hours, the FPS simplest but most entertaining I've ever seen, at a very affordable price. Thoroughly recommended. Expand
  42. Aug 21, 2012
    Tengo el juego desde el 16 de agosto y me ha parecido muy bueno, cuando me envicio en un juego es cuando me doy cuenta de lo bueno que esta. Llevo 35 horas jugadas y no me decepcionó. Además doy por echo que las cosas que le faltan (linterna, silenciador. etc.) vendran con las actualizaciones. Jugabilidad: exelente, algunos se quejan, pero yo creo que es más realista que nunca, pegar heads con metralleta es algo q puede pasar. Tecnologia: 10 puntos. Estamos hablando de Source. En mi opinion el mejor motor grafico de todos, a pesar de tener sus años, si fisica es la mejor. Graficos: No es un Cod pero un gamer no aprecia su juego por este punto. Sonido: exelente pues gracias al Source engine 2012 Innovación: Como trato de seguir la misma linea que los anteriores, no trae muchas cosas nuevas, hasta ahora, algunas armas y mapas. Pero esto con las futuras actualizaciones ya se verá! MUY RECOMENDABLE! Expand
  43. Aug 23, 2012
    This Game is just great. I played all CS Versions. The game is one of best Games ever made. The new Modes are funny and great too. I didn't see any bugs till now and the game runs very fast. Also I can easy find a Game without long waiting. The Contra is I can't choose what race of soldiers I can play I'm just CT or T. Also the new Buying menue needs some time to understand but than its cool. Great Game and the price for it is very very good. Expand
  44. Aug 24, 2012
    The best game you can play. I've played on CSS little. But it's not really same. It's something more. Accuray is diffrent for all guns and it's good too!. I simply LOVE THIS GAME. But you know HOW to play it . It's not Shut'n Run game. COUNTER STRIKE GO :3 , Good spended15$
  45. Aug 24, 2012
    Good game. It differs from other games of a series a counter strike. It has many advantages, but also there are shortcomings. And instead of watering game by dirt, report about game shortcomings that developers could improve game. 9/10!
  46. Aug 24, 2012
    10/10 Why? Because there are trolls who have no idea about how counter strike works that give it a 0. For 15$, for me (13.49) on the sale, this game is by far a 8.5/10 actually. I don't even have to explain why this game is superb.
  47. Aug 24, 2012
    Yeah this game is a major breakthrough in CS series,new weapons,new games,new game play,but it's still a classic game and I like it.I hope that it will have many old and new fans.
  48. Aug 24, 2012
    its a awsome game i allways have played counter strike in my hole live i love the new counter strike global offesive game it is awsome love the new guns in the game
  49. Aug 24, 2012
    Counter-Strike is revived with Global Offensive! I seriously haven't had this much fun since 1.6. The game objectives are simple but the gameplay is brilliantly balanced. The new graphics are a bonus but the real emphasis is on teamwork and strategy. Every round feels tense, and there are no cheap deaths, only mistakes. I might be exuding some VALVe fanboyism here, but I'm honestly tired of the CoD hyper run-and-gun insta-kill culture, which to hardcore gamers is destroying the gaming industry. It does nothing but make you narcissistic and think for yourself only. Even though there's teams and the developers say teamwork is involved it really isnt, it's every man for himself as they're running around bobbing their heads aiming down the sights like some super soldier hero. People may complain about CS having no iron sights, but the fact is all these so-called 'realistic' shooters are only using mechanics like head bob and iron sights for immersion. What iron sights actually do is slow down the pace of gameplay, it's an unnecessary complicating mechanic that would never work in Counter-Strike. At the end of the day, how 'realistic' can first person shooters be? Every shooter has tried to copy CoD after its inception, and even other non-first person shooter multiplayer games like Uncharted. It's the whole ranking up system, perks, killstreak rewards and airstrike crap. Someone who spends more time than you is going to own you and then you get to see their flashy personalized 'banner'. That's not competitive. More games need to be the 'zero-sum' type like CS, L4D, Starcraft, Street Fighter etc. where players all start evenly and have equal chances. The latest reiteration of Counter-Strike is also the BEST version to date. It's fast paced, brutal and truly a blast to play. Expand
  50. Aug 25, 2012
    Love this game! Very smooth and polished and much more accessible than previous versions. I believe this was a much needed upgrade for the game and should draw new players to the series.
  51. Aug 25, 2012
    An excellent polish to an already great game. Everything feels as it should be and there is an incredible amount of rewarding for good trigger discipline/aim. Counter Strike veterans will feel at home.
  52. Aug 28, 2012
    Great Game. It's only 15 bucks, the price of a map pack. This is like a fully updated counter strike game. It retains the core elements of the original counter strike like classic competitive mode, but it's also got a new, fresh feel to it. The arms race gamemode is more fun than gungame from CS:S imho. The recoils are different and there are some new things like molotovs, which just spice up the game a little bit. In terms of graphics, this is pretty much as far as the source engine will go. Also don't listen to people complaining about hit registration. They're just used to the broken hit reg of CS 1.6. This is FIXED and you actually hit people when you're supposed to. Enjoy the game and have fun! ;D Expand
  53. Aug 29, 2012
    This is a great CS,just like the first one.The news weapons are awesome,the molotov is a great idea to put into the game.This is one of the best multiplayer games,COD and BF can't win to CS.
  54. Dec 3, 2012
    I notice the differences when I switch from CS:GO to CS:S. CS:S feels monotonous, looks pixelated, the sounds have no depth, and the teams are always locked in an AK vs M4 war. It was a much needed update.
  55. Sep 2, 2012
  56. Sep 3, 2012
    Improved gunplay, graphics, sound coupled with new modes and maps make this a really fun and addicting entry to CS. I stopped playing Source because it started to feel a little dated but this has made me want to play CS again. Demolition and Arms Race are very, very fun. The classic maps are also much better balanced while still having that old feel we all love. At $15 this is a steal.
  57. Sep 5, 2012
    After 14 years of playing, this is "half life" consistent successor and with new age graphic and better physics, this game have plenty of potential for tournaments and other gather festivals, because people which play this game so long, they are tired of failing in every other extension before GO! This we waited so long and i hope for understanding from everyone, because this is 21st century and now everyone have pc and if you like games 15$ are nothing, u spend that on stupid things, this is not one of them! Gl & hf! Expand
  58. Feb 3, 2013
    I can say, it's not the best cs, I'm a fan to css and alot peoples says that this is like that, but thats wrong, sure the maps maybe looks pretty the same as css but the rest with the weopens, skins and all, it's alot of differents.. and the ranking thing they have done makes you alot more pissed off when you lose a game than without the ranking thing.. but it's fun too.. but It's still counter strike so I will give it 10/10 Expand
  59. Sep 19, 2012
    An improvement on every level. New graphics, a mixture of old and new, refreshing maps, and more guns. MORE EVERYTHING! If there were any maps that don't exist in CS:GO, I don't complain, because the rest of the game is fantastic. If you also enjoy TF2, you will have to be more precise and efficient with your shots. I barely play Source anymore because when I play community servers, most of the servers are on a new version (CS:GO) of the game. At only 14.99, do not hesistate to buy this. You will enjoy many hours of this great game. Expand
  60. Sep 29, 2012
    First of all, the only people doing negative scores is boys at age 12-15 that doesn't want to grow up from CS 1.6. Myself, I've played since 2003 and I think CS:GO is a really good game. I wasn't a fan of the graphics at first, nor the recoil and such - But after a few moments of playing it's just fine.

As I said; It's only kids downgrading this game. Be open to changes, is all I have
    to say. CS have been out there for 12 years and nothing have really changed. It was basically the same game from beta to 1.6 which sponsors don't like. Why CS 1.6 are dying is because of less and less sponsors actually give something to the scene, and why? Well because of the game being OLD and UGLY and so 2000.

Grow some f'ing balls and start playing CS:GO. It's the players making how popular a game is going to be.
  61. Oct 9, 2012
    Awesome, i would suggest this game for those who love classic FPS, hope Valve can make a story out of it. CS with Police/Terrorist story mode, must be exciting. For those downgrading this game, please wake up boys.
  62. Nov 26, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) développé par Valve en coopération avec le studio de Seattle: Hidden Path Entertainment.
    Après plus de 12 ans séparant la première version (CS Bêta 1.0 le 19 juin 1999). CS:GO est enfin là.

Malgré la réputation qu'Hidden Path Entertainement c'est donné d'avoir
    tué CSS, ils ont finalement fait la chose que des millions de joueurs attendaient :
    Un nouveau Counter-Strike.

CS: GO promet d'étendre la présence de Counter-Strike et sa jouabilité légendaire sur PC, sur Mac ainsi que sur les consoles de dernière génération.

Et c'est reparti pour 12 ans ^^ Que la force du Cut soit avec toi :) à suivre...
  63. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Expand
  64. Nov 19, 2012
    Good game. Worth the money. Buy and join us. You will not regret. Super game. I recommend to all, excellent graphics, good physics, good graphics. Of course there are downsides. But they are not important, I put the game of 10 points out of 10. All cool.
  65. Nov 21, 2012
    This absolutely is the BEST Counter-Strike, despite the predictable negative reactions from many 1.6 and Source fanatics and newcomers who understandably fail to see the greatness of CS. GO has more accurate bullet physics and hit detection than CS: Source, very nice new models and voices ("Flashbang out" makes more sense than "Fire in the Hole", duh) and the casual approach is only on the surface. This is hardcore CS as it should be and it's very, very nice.

Downside is the number of maps. And yes.. it lacks a silencer and flashlight, but it adds an incendiary grenade/molotov.
  66. Feb 11, 2013
    I've played counter strike on xbox, cs cz, and cs go. Don't let the cod, battlefield, or counter strike fanboys fool you this is a good game. It overs more weapon variety, map variety (with workshop), matchmaking to join matches easier), and better graphics than previous versions of cs. Plus valve didn't abandon it at all. They provide regular updates to balance the game. At a measly fee of $15 (cheaper than css) free dlc it is worth the money. Expand
  67. Dec 10, 2012
    A wonderful mix of both 1.6 and Source. If you liked either of those games or if you're looking for a more advanced, team-based shooter, this could(should) be it.

The only reason this game receives a 9.5 and not a 10 from me (rounded up on the metacritic scale) is because they released it too early with too many little features that make CS so loveable omitted. (tagging, flashlight,
    silencer etc)

After 300 hours of this (including beta), CS:GO has still not lost its charm on me. Weather I feel like playing GunGame, pubbing, some obscure mod, or playing competitively, this game always has something for you to do.

This game offers a really awesome competitive matchmaking system. You will sometimes get matched with baddies, but other than that, its a really cool way to introduce people to the competitive side of CS. It generally works well and it is primarily what I play. It is also nice to not have to pay for ESEA if you want to play semi-competitively. Once you increase your rank a bit, you will often be matched with like-minded people who want to win and will carry out strategies and be generally vocal in-game.

Mind the hate this game receives from 1.6 and Source players who can't fathom moving onto a new game. They have some sort of hard-on for disliking CS:GO without any legitimate reasoning to back it up. It's a great game and I would highly recommend it for both casual and competitive players.

9.5/10
  68. Dec 17, 2012
    If you are hardcore 1.6 or hardcore CS:S, then just stay with your game and don't come complaining in the CS:GO servers. CS:GO is counter-strike. Just like how 1.6 and CS:S are a little different, CS:GO is a little different too. From CS:S, CS:GO wasn't hard for me to adjust to. Unlike in CS:S, there aren't those "noob" labels on guns. The AWP is more fair, the machines guns are just a blast (instead of getting angry on death, you sort of laugh) and the auto-shotty and auto-sniper are more "morally" acceptable as powerful weapons. I can have a lot of fun playing, in the same way I had fun in CS:S. Expand
  69. Mar 16, 2013
    Overall a really good game, played it a lot and even got 3 buddy's that normally doesn't play FPS to like it.. But old fashion games that still prefer 1.5/.1.6 may think its been too smooth ad pretty..
  70. Dec 27, 2012
    cs 1.6 > cs go > cs 1.3 > cs cz > cs 1.0> css
    cs go is the best game u can get for 14eus
    excellent graphics for all pc with lower hardware, fun gameplay/team gameplay, a ranking system , a few more guns and keep is real to the old basics maps aiming sounds etc ,thats what i love about cs , defiantly worth the 14
  71. Jan 1, 2013
    This game is amazing like counter strike 1.6 but with new strategies ,weapons,a recoil more realistic, and good graphics. The change from cs 1.6 to gobal ofenssive is very hard but when you understand the game ,is amazing.
  72. Jan 2, 2013
    Feels very good. Good Movement, good weapon-behavior. I played 1.6 a little bit, never played source. I was more into fast-paced action, like Tactical Ops.
    The thing that was always **** in CS was that your movement was horrible, it felt like coordinating a piece of concrete or a sack of potatos.
    Now its perfect, really cheap price and cool gamemodes(Gungame ftw!)
  73. Jan 13, 2013
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a new, good CS. This is new successor of CS 1.6. This is not source, this is good old CS 1.6 in new graphics. My rating -> 10/10
  74. Jan 22, 2013
    Counter strike global offensive is awesome, great gameplay, looks great, and the community overall isn't too bad.. Atleast not as bad as i'd expect from an FPS game. The only reason my score will be 9 instead of 10 is the lack of new maps, for the competitive gamemode. The competitive game mode is amazing tho, just make sure you play with your friends, chances are high that your teammates will 100% focus on fragging, and not give a f-ck about the objective. Expand
  75. Jan 27, 2013
    Best game in a line of Counter Strike, a mixture of the two most popular online shooter in a wonderful game. Graphics by excerpts 2012 fine. I hope this game players are connected both games Counter Strike: Source and Counter Strike 1.6
  76. Mar 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best FPS game since Call of Duty. Actually it is the best competitive FPS game ever, I strongly recommended everyone to play this game. It has more modes than counter strike 1.5, and more maps. Weapons are totally re-produced, new categories also introduced into this game. I must say thanks for the game company, well our dream game was saved and lasted. I will 100% buy the next expansion if there is. Expand
  77. Mar 31, 2013
    I think this is the best Counter Strike because the graphics are better than the old Source Engine.At the release weren't many maps available but more maps are added now so you can play many maps from the older versions of Counter Strike.But the new maps are very good too.The new game modes are varied so you got more fun of it.A Map Workshop is now available so you can download user-created maps.
    For only 15$ is the game the best game you can get for this price!
  78. Apr 18, 2013
    CS:GO is a great game... nice textures and such as well as good game mechanics, some of the other review are outdated as they are changed in updates. For instance, in arms mode the spawn are more random so you can't really spawn camp. Also since the workshop was brought out there are hundreds of community made maps to choose from, and there are also a lot more player now so it is much easier to find a balanced match. CS:GO is a great improvement from source and is really easy to pick up and play. Expand
  79. Apr 26, 2013
    Perfect Competitive Play FPS. Hands Down Best all Around. I have played CS since 1.6 and have always been a fan, this game is true to its roots and only things enhanced are gun balancing, and added a few new weapons, bombs, and graphical enhancements.
  80. May 30, 2013
    Anger, frustration, humiliation, and just... pure RAGE online with other people who know the maps better than you and get killed OVER 30 TIMES! I LOVE IT!
  81. Jul 6, 2013
    I love this latest iteration of CS!
    Been playing the game for over ten years non stop.
    I still love 1.6 even but GO is actually very good. A very nice refresh of this classic.
  82. Aug 12, 2013
    Counter Strike Global Offensive is so Good You will enjoy playing matches Hitboxes are so fine and molotov is fantastic Great Play for do Clan war!
  83. Aug 12, 2013
    Love the Game Just awesome! Love play it with head phones This game needs a perfect brain Pcw are fantastic I played also css but i prefer cs :go beacuse is more accurate on the recoil, hitboxes love maps graphic looks much better than the old one!
  84. Aug 14, 2013
    This game is great! Its fast paced and it requires skill to beat experienced players. You can even play with bots to get better. This game doesn't deserve the negative reviews it has right now. And its very cheap unlike most modern shooters. $15 is a great price for this great game!
  85. Sep 23, 2013
    Improve the hit-boxes, add bunny-hopping. also players don't finch(unlike cs1.6) when they gets hit valve needs to fix that. cross-hair must follow the recoil if valve fixes above problems,its gonna be the best counterstrike version ever
  86. Sep 27, 2013
    It is one of the best games that i have played and still am i would suggest it for people from the age of 10 and over it is not bloody at all and very good game
  87. Oct 26, 2013
    I never played much CS:S, although I had it. GO improves on it in many ways, and I have really enjoyed every match I've played so far. What I think really helps with GO is that it now has competitive matchmaking, as opposed to a server browser, so that you can go straight to a serious match. I can't stress it enough that this game really shows its best side in the competitive playlists. They are serious- leave one too many of the 5v5 matches prematurely and you can be penalized. People play this to win, and in doing so, play very tactically. People are calling "clear" on the mic, sharing info, making decisions, everything that an online FPS should aspire to accomplish. And the learning curve is not too steep either. Listen in on the chatter and actively try to help your team and you will learn the maps VERY fast- it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 rounds to learn a map if you pay attention to your minimap and learn the names for the areas on them. There is no better feeling in an online FPS than when you're on a solid team, facing another well-balanced team, 1:00 left on the clock, and both teams are playing well and in a coordinated fashion. Every map has its own little tips and trick regarding strategy that don't take long to learn just by playing, and once you know how to implement them and coordinate your team, you'll find yourself with win after win after win.

ALSO, change your reticle setting to classic dynamic. Seriously. The CS:S style reticle is SO much better than the new one, improves gameplay 1000%
  88. Nov 7, 2013
    Arguably the best Counter-Strike ever made this version keep the core of the game-play that made the first version popular and add features and innovations that make it really great.
  89. Nov 15, 2013
    Best MMOFPS of all time nad i really live how Valve always update for free this game fro more better and better way, they improve very much things since the beta and now is very very awesome game! The only bad thing is a lot of cheaters but that is on every game in the world...
  90. Dec 15, 2013
    This game is unbelievably competitive, addicting, fast paced, fun. If you like a game that is really requiring your skills, this is the game that you wanted.
  91. Dec 22, 2013
    Very good game :DDDDDDDDD lololololololololololooololoolllololololoom=, i recomend this game for all pc lovers and action gamers. You should get this game on your pc.
  92. Dec 26, 2013
    This is the best Counter Strike in the series, They also made it very easy to edit weapons and mod the game, With user Generated content.. Also the graphics are not ground breaking they allow all types of machines to play from mid end to extreme keeping the game more competitive and fast paced as a WBGS Gamer we approve this game due to its simplicity in modding and gameplay+weapons with a max rating of 10. Expand
  93. Jan 2, 2014
    Good game i like it and playing only 3 days now imagine when i get some practice game have nice maps and graph...much better then older versions CS 1.6 and Source which were good too
  94. Jan 15, 2014
    Best bloody game ever. I remember playing Team Fortress 2 for countless hours, but this...made me say bye bye to TF2. :D Very well done gameplay, greatly designed menus (although it will take some time to get used to. don't worry, I got used to them in 12 hours of gameplay :) ), outstanding music and quite balanced weapons (MP9 sucks though) The only thing that's lacking is the community. Way too many Russians and Polish people. But overall, get this game if you don't have it.

Best darn game yet. 100/100
  95. Feb 18, 2014
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the £'s
  96. Feb 21, 2014
    The latest and greatest version of Counter-Strike, and one I personally believe to be the best to date. Global Offensive takes the lessons learned of the earlier games, and also bring along enhanced spectator modes that the game needed to evolve in the eSports landscape. The integration with the Steam marketplace for skins and maps is OUTSTANDING. Outstanding value for those interested in a competitive shooter. Expand
  97. Mar 7, 2014
    Valve did it again!

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is supposed to improve from it's older brothers Counter Strike(1.6), and Counter Strike: Source.

CS:GO has been my favorite game ever since I got it. I've flawlessly played matches with minor issues(Which have been fixed by Valve, Who are also doing a great job with all the updates!) At first I was worried that CS:GO would be a
    major disappointment, but after going into the game, I noticed that Valve stayed with the same formula as the rest of the CS series!! With updates being released almost Daily, at an amazing cost of $15, CS:GO in my opinion was a major success. CS:GO has released skins for your guns(Which in no way effects how effective they are) All the weapons are balanced, new guns! (Tec-9, Cz 75, mag 7, Sawed off, Negev) Valve personally has been doing a great job in my opinion keeping up with what the players want.(Valve re added the M4A1 and USP after both were replaced with M4A4, and P2000, which now you are allowed to switch between!) In all CS:GO at the price of $15 is a steal, and I suggest this to ANY FPS gamer! Expand
  98. Mar 2, 2014
    This game does counter strike well. I wasn't around for the era of 1.6 so this is a good introduction to the series for me. I have fun playing this game.
  99. Mar 12, 2014
    Although the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is so ambitious, it cannot reach its succeed like the Counter-Strike.however, we can see Valve had put a lot of effort to make this game to be perfect.In addition, it is a good game.

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]