Counter-Strike: Source PC

8.9

1. anonymous
    Dec 9, 2009
    This is a really good game. But it could be better if you could aim with your weapon
  2. Novi4ekNone
    Feb 14, 2009
  3. DavidH
    Apr 13, 2009
    I'm not personally that keen on CS:S but I can see why it is so beloved. It has great flexibility with player made maps and models, unfortunately it gets horrifically annoying when you get blown away at the start of a mission and have to wait 5 mins until you respawn. Thankfully there are deathmatch maps with instant respawn.
  4. JohnM
    Apr 16, 2009
    Excellent multiplayer game. Probably one of the best shooter multiplayer games to ever come out. With millions of people playing it can't be argued!
  5. ShahzadB.
    Apr 17, 2009
    The best online first person shooting game I've ever played. The graphics, the physics, the players, the game-play all work flawlessly to make this game the world's most popular game. Keep up the good work VALve.
  6. AnonymousMC
    Apr 19, 2009
    The original, valve-made game would get a 6 because of the repetative gameplay and lack of the amount of weapons, but it gets a 9 because of all the mods out there, such as surf, gungame, RPG, and so on. Only reason I gave it a 9 is because it's dissapointing how Valve didn't include all these great mods with the game
  7. MitchC
    Apr 24, 2009
    Great game, flexible game style, not bad graphics, needs a new drivers to help with new directX, overall good game with mods and suck.
  8. marct
    Apr 27, 2009
    VERY satisfying with lots of twists and player able to use anything in the environment to take cover. it has a source engine used to create this game. The source engine uses real life physics such as buoyancy of objects and their mass. Also how bullets affect them or go through the object. Can be played LAN or multilayer across the internet. This game is a MUST-HAVE for counter or VERY satisfying with lots of twists and player able to use anything in the environment to take cover. it has a source engine used to create this game. The source engine uses real life physics such as buoyancy of objects and their mass. Also how bullets affect them or go through the object. Can be played LAN or multilayer across the internet. This game is a MUST-HAVE for counter or shooting game fans. Expand
  9. AlexS
    May 25, 2009
    This is an outstanding first person shooter that never looses its ability to keep a player on the edge of his/her seat. It's more then a game! It's beautiful graphics, the balance of the game and the physics are the very asset that makes Counter-Strike what it is - SUPERIOR!!!
  10. YermakirumY.
    Jun 27, 2009
    Very good game.
  11. daniel
    Jul 17, 2009
    this game is WONDERFUL
    I LOVE IT. this game is just too stunning with WONDROUS textures and graphics and AWESOME dynamic lightning, if you haven't played this game or any games from the half-life series, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. you are NO hardcore gamer until you have experienced one of Valve's games. so what'cha waiting for? get going!
  12. RezaA.
    Jul 19, 2009
    It has been the best game since counter-strike 1.6. Ever since css came out, it brought cs alive again causing all the players who quit cs 1.6 to start playin css again. This game is the best game in the whole world because of all the cool maps and mods there are for this game. However valve should do something about the hackcers in this game. But what pisses me off is that when people It has been the best game since counter-strike 1.6. Ever since css came out, it brought cs alive again causing all the players who quit cs 1.6 to start playin css again. This game is the best game in the whole world because of all the cool maps and mods there are for this game. However valve should do something about the hackcers in this game. But what pisses me off is that when people say oh cs 1.6 is way better, its like saying windows 95 is better than xp. If valve does something about the hackers, that would be awesome and make the game more fair.! Reza, Vancouver, Canada. July 19th, 2009. Expand
  13. JoeS.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Terrible. Unrealistic aiming. You can aim at their chest, pump'm, it'll say "headshot," if you actually kill'm. You stand no chance if you don't do immediate headshots. Casual players, like me, are killed in seconds, because of the losers who play nonstop, and abuse the many glitches of the game. I can't give any credit for graphics either, it's just Hal Life Terrible. Unrealistic aiming. You can aim at their chest, pump'm, it'll say "headshot," if you actually kill'm. You stand no chance if you don't do immediate headshots. Casual players, like me, are killed in seconds, because of the losers who play nonstop, and abuse the many glitches of the game. I can't give any credit for graphics either, it's just Hal Life 2. If you don't react in atleast .25 seconds, you're dead. No fun Expand
  14. SteveM.
    Nov 25, 2006
    This game is a great improvement graphically from Condition Zero or 1.6. I have all three and I play CS Source alot more out of the 3 because of the stunning detail and physics with the source engine. My favorite effect are the amazing flash bangs.
  15. JakeC.
    Dec 11, 2006
    Counter Strike Source is an awesome game, the only downside is that when a person new to css plays it online, they get wiped out. It would be awesome if they added a new cover thing like Perfect Dark Zero for Xbox360. You press a button and you take cover behind a wall, you click fire and you pop out and shoot. That would make this game ultimate.
  16. RichardT.
    Dec 11, 2006
    Awesome game... my favorite since the beta versions of regualar CS... all aspects of the game rock except the DWP which causes CS:S to lose a point... good job with the game though.
  17. NazarN.
    Dec 12, 2006
    Amazing, trully breathtaking... This apllies to all parts of the game, graphics, sound, and ofcource the source engine. The engine makes you feel like you are the part of the game, trully precise engineering of the developers.
  18. JesseS.
    Dec 15, 2006
    i love this game,great server,great sound,great dummie tech, realistic weapons and worlds.
  19. SoulKeeper
    Dec 24, 2006
    Counter Strike:Source is the most graphicly stunning game I have ever played. The game is absolutely perfect with the Source
  20. DigitalsineCKINCClan
    Dec 26, 2006
    Simply the best guilty pleasure! The only problem is the other many broken items that weren't in 1.6. This game is still better than most out today. My advice is to "create server" in single player mode with at least 8 bots at hard level. Then you will stand a chance in multi player mode online.
  21. Novi4ekNone
    Dec 26, 2006
  22. DominikE.
    Dec 29, 2006
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  23. SteveL.
    Nov 23, 2007
    I love this game.
  24. DominikE.
    Dec 21, 2007
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  25. JoeK.
    Dec 29, 2007
    GREAT GAME!
  26. ShaneR
    Dec 16, 2008
    One of the best online First Person Shooters I have ever played (second to Left 4 Dead). As many have mentioned, it's certainly not a "n00b" friendly game. You really need a headset to pinpoint where your enemies are, know the maps well and what sounds every surface makes so you get the edge in battle. Buying just an M4 or AK-47 isn't enough, sometimes it takes an extra DesertOne of the best online First Person Shooters I have ever played (second to Left 4 Dead). As many have mentioned, it's certainly not a "n00b" friendly game. You really need a headset to pinpoint where your enemies are, know the maps well and what sounds every surface makes so you get the edge in battle. Buying just an M4 or AK-47 isn't enough, sometimes it takes an extra Desert Eagle to finish that terrorist off. No matter how much you play this game you will never get bored, you'll always improve and make new friends along the way.

Best $20 I have ever spent.
  27. JamesH.
    Dec 22, 2008
    This game is so much better than the first, and it really shows how much hard work has gone into the series. I love that they let the gamers touc every aspect of the game and really,, why has more than half of the other gameing companies done this. They release one game and the next one that comes out usually has a totally different game engine, why not let the gamers mod and do what they This game is so much better than the first, and it really shows how much hard work has gone into the series. I love that they let the gamers touc every aspect of the game and really,, why has more than half of the other gameing companies done this. They release one game and the next one that comes out usually has a totally different game engine, why not let the gamers mod and do what they like with what you made? It practically gets thrown away anyway and you dont even need to make a map maker,, someone in the community has the skills.. sigh. Expand
  28. ninjaPANDA
    Dec 29, 2008
    I freaking love this game, I played 1.6 alot, and then when source was released, I jumped on it. However 1.6 may be better, this game recreates it in a fashionable way, and does it excellently. Although the hitboxes can be a huge nuisance, and the difficulty curve is extreme, this game is a blast. A huge community, and tons and tons of custom content, you will be playing this game for I freaking love this game, I played 1.6 alot, and then when source was released, I jumped on it. However 1.6 may be better, this game recreates it in a fashionable way, and does it excellently. Although the hitboxes can be a huge nuisance, and the difficulty curve is extreme, this game is a blast. A huge community, and tons and tons of custom content, you will be playing this game for years to come. Expand
  29. Novi4ekNone
    Dec 11, 2009
  30. JakobR
    Dec 14, 2009
    I never thought I would love a CS game this much. CS Source is really improved since CS Zero which had a lot of needs. The graphics has been improved a lot, and the overall game experience is so much better. I used to hate CS, but with this game I started to understand why its so popular. It's still not one of my favourite FPS games, but it is certainly a good game. Although the game I never thought I would love a CS game this much. CS Source is really improved since CS Zero which had a lot of needs. The graphics has been improved a lot, and the overall game experience is so much better. I used to hate CS, but with this game I started to understand why its so popular. It's still not one of my favourite FPS games, but it is certainly a good game. Although the game is really good, and has improved, i still think it could use some other nice features, like aim down sight, attachments to the weapons and those kind of things which would make it a little more realistic, but maybe that would ruin the whole game, and i t would not be "Counter Strike" any more. Expand
  31. NicolasLeC
    Dec 24, 2009
    A nicer looking version of the most equilibrated game , and the best suited for competition and thus for longtime play.
  32. NeoSgt
    Dec 25, 2009
    It is the best Online-Game i have ever played! Tactics combined with Teamplay!! A gigantic mixture!
  33. SteveL.
    Dec 26, 2009
    I love this game.
  34. KennyM
    Dec 26, 2009
    I think that this is possibly the second-best video game VALVe has ever released. Great graphics, lots of weapon choices, and lots of maps, and the modifyablity of the game itself. I love it.
  35. WojtekC
    Dec 27, 2009
    GREAT GAME !!! I love it .. all the mods like surf and jail are fantastic .. its the best shooting game .. :) the graphics could be bit better but i hope to see new version of COUNTER STRIKE :D
  36. Aug 12, 2010
    An incredible game. It's unlike games such as Modern Warfare 2 (which you can't really compare it to) in the way that you don't have to just do the regular killing enemies. On CS:S, you can do very different and very fun things such as Deathrun, Jail mod, Surf, Minigames, Soccer (football), and much, much more. This game excels in the way of variety, and is just about for me now, the bestAn incredible game. It's unlike games such as Modern Warfare 2 (which you can't really compare it to) in the way that you don't have to just do the regular killing enemies. On CS:S, you can do very different and very fun things such as Deathrun, Jail mod, Surf, Minigames, Soccer (football), and much, much more. This game excels in the way of variety, and is just about for me now, the best game out there. And remember, this IS 2010. Expand
  37. Sep 2, 2011
    Although in my own personal opinion, Counter-Strike itself is not the best shooter I've played ( what I mean is, default gamemodes, etc. ). - the modifications make it all the fun. There are so many of them, too. Deathrun, Zombie Mod, Zombie Escape, Jailbreak, Surfing, Gungame - they are the main ones I love. Modifications make this game, and it's definitely worth getting for thoseAlthough in my own personal opinion, Counter-Strike itself is not the best shooter I've played ( what I mean is, default gamemodes, etc. ). - the modifications make it all the fun. There are so many of them, too. Deathrun, Zombie Mod, Zombie Escape, Jailbreak, Surfing, Gungame - they are the main ones I love. Modifications make this game, and it's definitely worth getting for those reasons alone.

-1 point because I don't really like the main gamemodes.
  38. Feb 12, 2011
    Counter Strike : Source is a game which takes the Counter Strike mod for Half Life to the next level, featuring the Source Engine's capabilities. The problem which I have with this game, is the same as the one I have with Counter Strike, it's (how may I say it?) plain and not very "noob" friendly. I would only advice players who are experienced with FPS's to buy this game.
  39. Mar 20, 2011
    The Best Team based 1st Person shooter on the market, And probably will be for a long time yet. Out of every shooter I've played online.... This is BY FAR the MOST ADDICTIVE! If you don't have it in your collection GET IT! P.S - What are you still doing reading this... GO BUY IT NOW I SAID! Go Go Go! Frag Out! =P ha ha ha ha ha!
  40. Apr 17, 2014
    I've had so much fun on this game and have spent hundreds of hours on this game, shifting from gun game, to zombie mods, deathrun, deathmatch, normal team deathmatch, bunnyhop servers, you name it. This game is beyond amazing and is great fun at LAN parties. This is one of my all time favourite games, and even though there are a few problems with it like tick rate on certain servers andI've had so much fun on this game and have spent hundreds of hours on this game, shifting from gun game, to zombie mods, deathrun, deathmatch, normal team deathmatch, bunnyhop servers, you name it. This game is beyond amazing and is great fun at LAN parties. This is one of my all time favourite games, and even though there are a few problems with it like tick rate on certain servers and stuff like that it's still a solid perfect working game and I love it.

I can't believe this game is almost 10 years old. Everything about this game is still impressive even to this day, such as the graphics, sound, engine, the gameplay.... It really shows the work that Valve and Turtle Rock Studios put into this game considering it's still one of the most played games on Steam almost a decade later.
  41. Sep 24, 2010
    Beautiful game. It takes a while to get used to, but when you do finally know how to play it is one of the most addictive, fun games ever created. The great clan support and dedicated servers make it the best tool for clan gaming. I will probably never let this game go.
  42. Oct 11, 2010
    I can definitely see the appeal this game might have on some people, I did not find it to be that special, maybe I like my shooters not to be so realistic. Keep in mind this is based on my personal taste. Overall this is an excellent game for those that enjoy this type of multipayer experience.
  43. Oct 9, 2010
    Counter strike source. Honestly, I can't really say anything bad about this game, because it is simply so amazing. The game is a pure-multiplayer shooter, but it can (And has been.) be easily modded by players, something that keeps me and others coming back for more. The core game experience is this- there are two teams, the Terrorists and the Counter Terrorists. At the start of each roundCounter strike source. Honestly, I can't really say anything bad about this game, because it is simply so amazing. The game is a pure-multiplayer shooter, but it can (And has been.) be easily modded by players, something that keeps me and others coming back for more. The core game experience is this- there are two teams, the Terrorists and the Counter Terrorists. At the start of each round you have a set amount of money that you can use to buy things like weapons, armor, and grenades. Then, you and your team head out to preform an objective- like the Terrorists have to protect the hostages, plant the bomb, etc. And you gain money by killing enemy players and doing the objective. The thing is, if you die you are gone for the rest of the round, so teamwork can be vital to victory. But, of course, then you play on a modded server and everything changes. Servers like Deathmatch have you respawn as soon as you die at a randomized location, and you simply pick your guns. There are servers like Breakfloor, where the map is split in half by a wall that goes down a bit, and the ground is just breakable cubes. Counter strike source is a masterpiece, and if you haven't played it then you are missing out on one of the best experiences ever crafted. Expand
  44. Oct 24, 2010
    This game is totally awesome; i haven't get tired of it after years and years of gameplay. it just full of action, tactics. if you love FPS games this is MUST HAVE
  45. Nov 2, 2010
    This is one of the greatest games and my best spend 50 dollars ever. If you understand this game and compete with others with clan wars, Counter Strike is the best there is, most of the other FPS shooters are focused on matching on console, not in matching on LAN events or Clan Base, ESL, EnemyDown etc. And CSS has a very big Mod community with loads of free plugins to add to your server,This is one of the greatest games and my best spend 50 dollars ever. If you understand this game and compete with others with clan wars, Counter Strike is the best there is, most of the other FPS shooters are focused on matching on console, not in matching on LAN events or Clan Base, ESL, EnemyDown etc. And CSS has a very big Mod community with loads of free plugins to add to your server, like Zombie-Mod, CSS Deathmatch, Gun-Game and so on.

I have already played this game for 4000+ hours and still not bored,still play it everyday. And with this well thought game play, the older graphics it even doesn't matter, this is a game that is still played by millions of gamers. And there are still updates, they even updated the Source Engine to the Orange Box engine. And remember this game is from 2004 and it still counts in the top game lists. Just name an other game that survives that long... well there aren't any, just check the game stats at steam http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

For me it's best game ever period.
  46. Nov 7, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Counter-Strike : Source is the best FPS of the world with CS 1.6. It's better than COD, and he have a lot of mod, the gameplay is very good.

AMAZING GAME :) 10/10
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  47. Nov 30, 2010
    A true test of a game is to see whether it is still played years after it first came out. Counter Strike is one of those games, not only Source but the series itself. I won't lie and say its an easy game to play online or even offline for that matter. The AI (CT and T) aren't that smart as AI but they are "haxors" when it comes to hitting you. The online game has a steep learning curve andA true test of a game is to see whether it is still played years after it first came out. Counter Strike is one of those games, not only Source but the series itself. I won't lie and say its an easy game to play online or even offline for that matter. The AI (CT and T) aren't that smart as AI but they are "haxors" when it comes to hitting you. The online game has a steep learning curve and expect to die lots and only get some kills. I'd say you should start offline playing against bots and gradually increase the AI level then move on to "Gungames" and finally to real games. Expand
  48. Dec 31, 2010
    It is the best on line multi-player game that was ever created surpassing Call of duty nad many other games. I have over 500 hours on it and i love it.
  49. Jan 20, 2011
  50. Jun 18, 2011
    My all time favorite game. This sets the bar for online shooter because of it's ludicrous balance and excitement. It comes stock with a ton of maps labeled under de_ or aim_ and then there are also a ton of mods to play with too like ze_ zm_, gg_, mg_, etc... Anyone complaining about the shooting mechanics under neath me are probably frequent pub heroes in COD. CS:S has recoil and you needMy all time favorite game. This sets the bar for online shooter because of it's ludicrous balance and excitement. It comes stock with a ton of maps labeled under de_ or aim_ and then there are also a ton of mods to play with too like ze_ zm_, gg_, mg_, etc... Anyone complaining about the shooting mechanics under neath me are probably frequent pub heroes in COD. CS:S has recoil and you need to master that recoil to be good. Anyone willing to take the time to enjoy this game will love it to death. Expand
  51. Mar 3, 2011
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT........................................AND YOU WILL TOO. Very good game, great graphics with a beautiful multiplayer experience that you can play for hours and hours, and the more hours. Better than Modern Warfare 2. Buy this instead, cheaper and has got dedicated servers, mods and a great community. An all time classic
  52. Mar 8, 2011
    Bestes Spiel aller Zeiten!
    Die LAN-Partys wurden uns durch CSS versüÃ
  53. Mar 10, 2011
    the game is great and challenging (some times). The servers are also great and they can have also their own mods (gun mode after eache kill you get better gun, hide and seek terrorist transform to so object and hide CT has to find them) but there are also normal modes like S&D, TDM and so on. When the player is board at having the same gun skin you can just go on internet find some skins,the game is great and challenging (some times). The servers are also great and they can have also their own mods (gun mode after eache kill you get better gun, hide and seek terrorist transform to so object and hide CT has to find them) but there are also normal modes like S&D, TDM and so on. When the player is board at having the same gun skin you can just go on internet find some skins, download them, put it in and TADAA you have new skin!

GUNS
    you have bunch of guns PISTOLS, SHOTGUNS, SMG, ASSULT, SNIPERS and few others.

if you like multy-player or shoting games you can buy it.
    I THINK THE GAME WILL NEVER DIE!
  54. Mar 11, 2011
    This is the ingle best multiplayer FPS to ever be made. The max players have been moded on some servers to be 64 instead of 32 and the updated graphice from the original is amazing. If someone says you can never be too good then they are wrong. Ive put 1000+hrs into this game and i finally got banned from a server for supposed "wallhacking". other then that easy 10
  55. Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks to the updates over the years, this game is nearly flawless.
    It can be VERY difficult to get into at first, but spending time on some humans vs. bots servers will help with that (maybe Valve should host some training servers).

Anyhow, I used to hate this game and now I love it.
  56. Jun 8, 2011
    ABSOLUTION! This is so far the best HL2 Mod so far! The only problem: You can end up with you being versus 23 more people. Don't get in servers where people keep switching teams to the other team.
  57. Jun 7, 2011
    Good morning to all here is a small summary of these 7 years of Counter Strike Source. This game always has was very convivial since this taken out in 2004 but afterwards of numerous bet has day to make a game kikou, not serious short not this problem. What rotted game is cheaters. There is more and more and this really becomes there heartbreaking and this insupporte quite a lot of worldGood morning to all here is a small summary of these 7 years of Counter Strike Source. This game always has was very convivial since this taken out in 2004 but afterwards of numerous bet has day to make a game kikou, not serious short not this problem. What rotted game is cheaters. There is more and more and this really becomes there heartbreaking and this insupporte quite a lot of world VAC one it asks in what this serves blow? In finale they are always in spite of them there bet has day in spite of cheaters they are there and they will always be him. Long life has Counter Strike Source !!! Expand
  58. Aug 30, 2011
    After 7 years it still belongs to the most entertaining games ever made. Thanks to the Source engine it contains a lot of opportunities and possibilities for mods and other fun activities such as zombie mod, zombie escape or deathrun.
  59. Jul 23, 2011
    Buenisimo juego ! grandes graficas , gran moto de resolucion y gran jugabilidad , sin mencionar que no produce lag en ningun server . juego de estrategia se los recomiendo , mucho mejor que cs, hl , hl2 entre otros
  60. Sep 5, 2013
    There is not much reason to be playing this after Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released. Everything about it is dated in comparison. Most importantly, there are only two or three servers that play official maps with a ping lower than 100 and with populated matches in my region.
  61. Aug 13, 2011
    Counter-Strike: Source is a great game,but if you dont like being challenged by how good the other players in game are well this game,and PC gaming in general may not before you.I love the heavy competitive feel this game gives and the adrenaline rush of being the last man alive on your team.VAC cheat prevents all forms of cheating in my 2 months of owning this game ive never seen anyoneCounter-Strike: Source is a great game,but if you dont like being challenged by how good the other players in game are well this game,and PC gaming in general may not before you.I love the heavy competitive feel this game gives and the adrenaline rush of being the last man alive on your team.VAC cheat prevents all forms of cheating in my 2 months of owning this game ive never seen anyone cheat.The server customization and diversity is also great. I would HIGHLY RECCOMEND this game to all my friends. Expand
  62. Aug 27, 2011
    Counter Strike is the game that started it all. If you don't have this game, you need to get it. Counter Strike is a team-based game, that will never be forgotten. 1.6 has a classic feeling and I still play it today, alongside source. It may get boring at times, but play different server game modes, and you'll have fun! Either that, or you don't have any skills... :P
  63. Aug 29, 2011
    This is fun. I got this on August 27th, 2011 because it was on sale for $5. And its really fun. It has great gameplay and good AI. Lots of cool weapons. But my only complaint is that its Multi-Player only. Anyways. Great Job Valve!
  64. Jun 23, 2013
    Without any doubt the best multiplayer team game I have ever played. CSS is a fun and awsome game where you must work with your team to win. There are a lot of weapons to buy, the maps are all great and uniqe, and i definetley recommend this game to all who like team based shooters.
  65. Sep 22, 2011
    This is a very good game if you like FPS. The graphics aren't that good, but you can enjoy a good game play. This is definitely a very good game to buy if you get a sale. Also you don't get tired of it to easy. It takes lots of time to be a pro player, but it worth the hours you will play it.
  66. Oct 5, 2011
    Not a game for you if you don't like dying quick...and staying dead, the rounds are very quick to make up for that. But if you're smart, good at shooters, and HIGHLY tactical, you'll adore this game. - 87/100
  67. Nov 25, 2011
    This game would be more enjoyable if there wasn't someone who could headshot you half a mile away with an ak 47 in every match. But it's a pretty fun game, while you're alive.
  68. Dec 21, 2011
    CS is, along with quake, the very definition of old school FPS and is quite unique compared with the majority of shooters released today. What I don't like about it is the core gameplay, the way you aim - there is only hipfire and no weapon can spray even remotely accurately (which redenders the LMG m249 completely useless). The good things about however are that there is a strongCS is, along with quake, the very definition of old school FPS and is quite unique compared with the majority of shooters released today. What I don't like about it is the core gameplay, the way you aim - there is only hipfire and no weapon can spray even remotely accurately (which redenders the LMG m249 completely useless). The good things about however are that there is a strong community around it, and there are lots of user created maps and game modes, such as gun game, surf or mini game. Expand
  69. Jan 17, 2012
    Outstanding beautiful game with fast pasted gameplay! (thats how i like it!) I have been playing this since the realease and its surprising it can be that beautiful of a 2005 game! respect to Valve headquarters for doing a hard work on making maybe the best FPS out there!
  70. Jan 6, 2012
    The most hours I've ever spent on any game. Even played CAL-IM back in the day. Very hardcore pc following, however the community is full of little kids and elitists now. Im in the new CS beta. Global Offensive is pretty fun , and hopefully will bring back the veterans.
  71. Jan 21, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Source is a game developed by Valve Corporation and uses the Source engine to power the game. With thousands of maps and mods for the game; does Counter-Strike: Source live up to the Counter-Strike name? Originally released in 2004, the same year as Half-Life 2; the game has a round based game style (like Search and Destroy from COD, this game came out before), one team areCounter-Strike: Source is a game developed by Valve Corporation and uses the Source engine to power the game. With thousands of maps and mods for the game; does Counter-Strike: Source live up to the Counter-Strike name? Originally released in 2004, the same year as Half-Life 2; the game has a round based game style (like Search and Destroy from COD, this game came out before), one team are the 'Terrorists (T)' the other team are the 'Counter-Terrorists (CT)' the T's objective is to simply plant the bomb at a bomb site and protect it, whilst the CT's job is to avoid it and kill the T's. It works and is alot better than S&D from COD because you can have up to 64+ players on a server at once playing the one server. The on top of that you have all of the different mods, like Zombie Mod, Zombie escape, Jail break, Hide and Seek. There are countless number of mods which are all very good and very addictive. I would definitely recommend the game to any FPS fan or even anyone partly interested in should pick it up, and this is coming from someone who has played almost 1500 hours of it in total. Expand
  72. Des
    Jan 24, 2012
    CS: Source defines skill based CQ combat. May get frustrating, if one wants to be the king of the hill on day one. This is a game for those who like to work their way up a crowded ladder of some pretty hardcore gamers.

Again, an old game, but who cares. Get it. This is a genre defining piece of art.
  73. May 14, 2012
    Still the most effective time waster and the easiest multiplayer experience ever. -1 for incomplete global ranking system. Hopefully CSGO will have the promised global leaderboard done right - and hopefully, just hopefully there will be cross platform gameplay in the future.
  74. Feb 29, 2012
    A fun and addictive shooter. Watching someones ragdoll slump to the ground after a well aimed headshot is extremely rewarding. My problem comes from the weapon balance. The M4 and AK47 dominate but are hard to master. That simple fact alone makes it really hard to get good at this game. Most of the other guns are complete rubbish (ump45) and the AWP is one of the most overpowered guns IA fun and addictive shooter. Watching someones ragdoll slump to the ground after a well aimed headshot is extremely rewarding. My problem comes from the weapon balance. The M4 and AK47 dominate but are hard to master. That simple fact alone makes it really hard to get good at this game. Most of the other guns are complete rubbish (ump45) and the AWP is one of the most overpowered guns I have ever seen in a game. There is just no exuse for a gun where you can instantley look down the scope and hit somebody almost anywhere and it instakills them Expand
  75. Mar 1, 2012
    The ultimate multiplayer FPS for PCs. Pure skill- and reaction-based game with no auto-aim silliness like in CoD and other series. It's a classic that never gets old.
  76. Mar 6, 2012
    After 6 years of semi professional playing i can say, this game is the **** God I spent so many hours playing it, sure if you are new to the genre it won´t be that much fun in the beginnings, but if your gameplay grows the fun grows too!

Definatly the multiplayer game of my life!
  77. Mar 7, 2012
    This game is difficult. That's an under statement. It's HARD AS FRICK. You must get good at this to have fun. Otherwise, you'll have better luck playing offline, honing your skills (which is what i did). There is a lot of strategy to this. Since you only have one life per round, you have to be careful and think thoroughly. A large selection of guns allows to try everything and findThis game is difficult. That's an under statement. It's HARD AS FRICK. You must get good at this to have fun. Otherwise, you'll have better luck playing offline, honing your skills (which is what i did). There is a lot of strategy to this. Since you only have one life per round, you have to be careful and think thoroughly. A large selection of guns allows to try everything and find something you're awesome at. However, some of the maps can be confusing, some servers are full of total **** and there are often hackers on servers. So, this game is a great alternative to other shooters, but you have to sink some time into it to find a good server and get good at the game itself. Expand
  78. Mar 13, 2012
    A awesome fps for really hardcore players but also that maybe the bad side,as this game is mainly played by pro`s it is extremly hard for new players to pop in because they will get raped so bad.This game is rather old so the graphics aren't too great but the game is rather life like and the community has created many mods and new maps so for me well worth 10 bucks.
  79. Mar 14, 2012
    harikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  80. Mar 22, 2012
    the graphics remains already so many years good=))) this is very nice game=))) it is one of games forever=))) it is so much years and popularity still keeps at level=)))
  81. Apr 15, 2012
    Best. FPS. Ever.
    Graphics reduce the game just to the bare minimum, it's basically cs1.6 but it doesn't hurt your eyes.
    Best. FPS. Ever.
    It all comes down to the best reflexes, the most precision, knowledge of the maps. Tactics are very important for competitive play, but there are millions of custom maps available, countless custom modes and mods have evolved over time, surf maps, gungame, warcraft mods, rat maps, minigame maps, bunnyhop maps, death run maps, ...
    If played this game for approximately 3000 hours, it is worth every penny!
  82. Dec 31, 2012
    Maybe a bit more interesting than the other tactical FPS. If you like that genre, then this is a good title for you. Personally I prefer FPS arena, so it's not a game that I play so much, but it's for sure better than COD/Battlefield, it requires more skill and teamwork.
  83. Mar 10, 2015
    As of 2012, this game still has a huge online presence and comes with a decent map editor, but those are about the only good things I can say. The community is immature, unintelligent, rude, and very narrow minded as to what a good game or map(level) is. de_dust for life!, and all that... I might come back to play with my friends, but every time quit because this game is too arcade, theAs of 2012, this game still has a huge online presence and comes with a decent map editor, but those are about the only good things I can say. The community is immature, unintelligent, rude, and very narrow minded as to what a good game or map(level) is. de_dust for life!, and all that... I might come back to play with my friends, but every time quit because this game is too arcade, the maps are small and boring, and there are too many "WTF" moments. Expand
  84. Apr 21, 2012
    Should i say anything ? Yes Counter-Strike ! A Valve masterpiece, sequels of Counter-Strike, one of the most played game in the world, get it if you like that kind of games, since it's worth the value.
  85. Apr 25, 2012
    Excelent calification for an excellent shooter, plays well after so many years it lauched, it's very competitive and the graphics are just fine. A must have FPS to play online!
  86. Jun 17, 2013
    Bad ass. This game seem to be pretty simple plant the bomb and wait until it explodes. However, there is plenty of factors which are putting this game on 1st place in multiplayer co-op genre. Skill, speed and team-play, that's what is all about. Definitely a LEADER in entire franchise of shooting experience. Titles like Call of Duty are way way behind this game. I would give 9.5, butBad ass. This game seem to be pretty simple plant the bomb and wait until it explodes. However, there is plenty of factors which are putting this game on 1st place in multiplayer co-op genre. Skill, speed and team-play, that's what is all about. Definitely a LEADER in entire franchise of shooting experience. Titles like Call of Duty are way way behind this game. I would give 9.5, but giving it 10 will not be a sin. Expand
  87. May 4, 2012
    The game's all right. The lighting on the maps could be better and it's hard to tell who's your teammate from a distance. Sometimes I shoot an enemy and it seems to take forever to kill them.
  88. May 9, 2012
    Counter Strike Source is epic in many ways, and It's better than the original. It is bloody, fun and strategic (sometimes). Gameplay is extremely fun, graphics are great, but sound effects are mediocre (I know this game is a remake of the original Counter Strike, but they would work more about the sound). So, everything upgraded, except sound. But, anyway, this game is a blast! (9.1)
  89. May 13, 2012
    Absolutely an amazing game, hardcore and fast-paced, your heart will be rushing as you play on one of these fantastically made maps, plus you have tons of different types of game modes, you have things like Jailbreak, mini games, hide and seek, and many more! I recommend this game to anyone who wants a game where you will be able to hang out with a semi-mature community playing someAbsolutely an amazing game, hardcore and fast-paced, your heart will be rushing as you play on one of these fantastically made maps, plus you have tons of different types of game modes, you have things like Jailbreak, mini games, hide and seek, and many more! I recommend this game to anyone who wants a game where you will be able to hang out with a semi-mature community playing some fantastic games. Expand
  90. HeX
    May 20, 2012
    A fantastic game, anyone who doesn't own it must check it out. There is a large learning curve and many people online are fantastic players. There isn't much room for new players, so get a few friends to get it at the same time.
  91. Aug 15, 2012
    For a title that had massive boots to fill, it sits proudly ontop of the original. The basic gameplay is faithfully recreated with no new quirks or features weighing it down. The game itself fits well into the beautifully designed Source engine. There's nothing new apart from the graphic overhaul, and that's all the fans surely wanted. Well done Valve.
  92. Sep 6, 2014
    They improved pretty much everything from the original and therefore made it better than it already was. Nearly 10 years old and it's still worth buying. 10/10
  93. Aug 31, 2012
    Es ist eines der besten Spiele die jemals rausgekommen sind alleine schon das normale Gameplay ist gut und die Grafik Akzeptabel aber die Mods erst die das Hauptspektakel sind.
  94. Sep 24, 2012
    Valve has delivered Pure fun. Get your mates. Move your computers to your basement, Install CS Source and play. It´s such a great game! Custom modes are awesome and well made aswell as graphics and physics. It´s a must buy for all shooter fans!
  95. Nov 13, 2012
    Stay away from this game ... it will eat your social life like it's nothing.

Some may argue that CS 1.6 is better, but to men, this is the purest and ultimate form of Counter Strike ... endless pleasure of headshots ...
  96. Nov 29, 2012
    this game is great fun to play because it gives you full customisation of your character, weapons and teams and this game also adds in textures for other games such as Garry's mod and many people might disagree with this but it is great for beginners because you also have your teammates their to help you if you aren't doing to well
  97. Dec 28, 2012
    [FR] Ce jeux et extraordinaire ,mais il manque quelques details comme : Les levels , Les armes a acheter avec de l'argent par exemple. Ce qui explique mon 9. Parcontre il et extraordinaire au niveau FPS. 9/10 :) !
  98. Jun 7, 2013
    Fun game to play when you're bored. The community does suck, but there are always servers that will be fun to play on with good communities. There is a very steep learning curve, so it will be hard for newcomers at this time because a lot of current CS:S players are veterans with at least a couple years of CS:S under their belt.
  99. Mar 27, 2013
    if source i dont know you play in steam or what because i just play a bot but i like a weapon first because its amazing and almost hard to kill but i like the headshot 1 shot 1 kil still interesting source in steam i dont know still good game
  100. May 6, 2013
    I really liked the transistion from the uncomparable 1.6 to Source; although there is a certain amount of problems: i bought this game to have fun, even though it was already 23 seconds in to the game and i had already been killed. This game is purely for professionals and hardcore gamers, and my only regret was that i bought the game, everybody was pro in it and they wouldn't give aI really liked the transistion from the uncomparable 1.6 to Source; although there is a certain amount of problems: i bought this game to have fun, even though it was already 23 seconds in to the game and i had already been killed. This game is purely for professionals and hardcore gamers, and my only regret was that i bought the game, everybody was pro in it and they wouldn't give a chance to "n00bs". Expand

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.