8.9

1. Dan
    Jan 30, 2005
    Great game, lots of fun, I've racked up about a week's play time since christmas. Three gripes, autosnipers are cheap, some people kill u in two shots w/out headshots (don't ask how), death often comes far too quickly. One wrong step and ur dead. Learning curve is very steep.
  2. Xyzzygy
    Jan 4, 2005
    Well peter t sure must sux at it. bur i agree, its the same cool game. ´but with nice looks. still its great.
  3. HelmutZ.
    Oct 10, 2006
    This is a very fantastic ego-shooter. The graphics is super and it is the best cs after cs 1.6 so keep on playing.
  4. JimN.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Love the game. Very addicting I couldn't stop playing it for like 10 hours after i started liking it a lot. Somethings that are bad are the frequent crashes I get whenever anything happens and I end up restarting my comp and loading everything again.
  5. DominikE.
    Nov 21, 2006
  6. DanielD.
    Oct 10, 2006
    Best Game I ever played. Communicativ/Strategic and Action an All-In-One Entertainment Pack.
  7. Viperkick
    Oct 15, 2006
    Wicked game... + updates are easy to apply.
  8. Mark
    Oct 16, 2006
    This is an excellent online game. I have many hours of fun on any kind of server and it never gets old.
  9. ShervinM.
    Oct 17, 2006
    It is the best game I have ever played in my life.
  10. HowardV.
    Oct 21, 2006
    Definetely one of the best games I've ever played online! Everyone should play this game.
  11. SueW.
    Dec 16, 2006
    I've really enjoyed this game untill 12-16-06 when I couldn't play due to the servers all being down I hope this doesn't happen again, but overall it's a fun game, I'm addicted to it I love it.
  12. IanC.
    Oct 26, 2006
    Simply the best 1st person out there. This is emphasised by the purely extreme amount of players using it every day around the globe. The combination of simplisitc yet perfect gameplay, graphics and edit-ability make it a game much desired. Working on 'Valves' steam, it is very user friendly and easy to purchase. The game is constantly being tweaked and updated to ensure Simply the best 1st person out there. This is emphasised by the purely extreme amount of players using it every day around the globe. The combination of simplisitc yet perfect gameplay, graphics and edit-ability make it a game much desired. Working on 'Valves' steam, it is very user friendly and easy to purchase. The game is constantly being tweaked and updated to ensure complete user hapiness. Expand
  13. YermakirumY.
    Oct 29, 2006
    Very good game.
  14. RyderK.B.
    Oct 4, 2006
    This game is awesome. Its physics are great and its cool how the grenades send em flying the blood is cool and how the dont go through the walls but sluch angainst them is great. If only Counter Strike Condition Zero had these graphics and physics it would be great! Keep up the great work Valve!
  15. SteenH.
    Oct 4, 2006
    You shall first get used to the graphics before you think its fun.. but after that you will loooove this game!
  16. DominicB.
    Oct 5, 2006
    The first online shooter I bought and it's definatly the only one to play.
  17. BlakeF.
    Oct 6, 2006
    Excellent game. Steam did a great job. This is still my favorite game above all the others and I have a 360 so good job.
  18. EdwardV.
    Oct 6, 2006
    It was disgusting to see that a game like counter strike was given such a low rank when I think its fair to say almost every gamer in the world has been hooked on the game.
  19. MichaëlC.
    Mar 24, 2006
    This is the best game of all the time!! Great job guys!
  20. GhazanK.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Don't play this game because its addictive. It should be banned! Once you play this game your life will revolve around it.
  21. AlexF.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Awesome game!! I love it ! one of the best online shoot em ups !
  22. BenjaminK.
    Mar 25, 2006
    I love this game... sureley one of the best multiplayer shooters ever created. Team-[Scaraface] Horus
  23. Rocky
    Mar 25, 2006
    i have played it since its release and i am not getting tired of int :D
  24. MattT.
    Mar 25, 2006
    I have been playing for awhile, the best FPS your money can buy.
  25. AndrewF.
    Mar 25, 2006
    GREATEST MULTIPLAYER GAME EVER!!! Me and my friend use the steam friends network to play this game together all the time.
  26. DanielB.
    Mar 25, 2006
    best game i've ever played...nice graphics and a awesome physics engine!
  27. AnonymousMC
    Mar 26, 2006
    well, this IS the best game ever: the grapics are supirior, so is the gameplay (not like in that wicked WW2 game, i will not name any names) it's real, you can buy your weapon for the money you earn by killing, thats oneof the btter part. weapons that fly around in the map, rigghhht...
  28. DaveM.
    Mar 26, 2006
    its an intense rush.
  29. Kevin
    Mar 27, 2006
    Great game , probally the best online shooting game out there.
  30. NickG.
    Mar 27, 2006
    great game, never gets old. Just keeps building through the community. Got to love it or hate it kinda of game, if you love FPS online this is a great game for you. This allows great graphics without losing your performance with your lower end computers.
  31. okeedokey
    Mar 28, 2006
    Probly the best game i've ever played so far, but i probly won't find anything better. The shooting as almost as real as it possibly could be and the textures you can't complain about. It's an overall great game. I bet you $50 (not for real) that once you play this for 7 days even less you won't be able to get off it for another 12 months AT LEAST.
  32. StevenT.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Unbeatable FPS, so good, so much fun, get it with a bunch of friends and the fun wont stop
  33. SteveL.
    Apr 20, 2006
  34. MattS.
    Apr 4, 2006
    This is a terrible remake and has lost the CS feel, it is just like any another FPS now. When will people learn it takes more that eye candy and realism to make a great game. There are significantly less people playing source than the original. Enough said.
  35. HishamZ.
    Apr 4, 2006
    I like the game alot with the blood and improved graphics. But i need good hardware to play it wich i dont have yet.
  36. BrianD.
    Apr 7, 2006
    i have always thought this game was amazing. i bought halflife two a year and a half ago and i played hl2 and i still play CS:S. there is not a moment in the day in which i dont think of this game...people say i need a new life... but i say they need to buy HL2.
  37. UgoF.
    May 11, 2006
    De los mejores juegos online en primera persona y muy adictivo... pero a mi me aburre y me parece demasiado poco realista en ocasiones...
  38. RickyH
    May 11, 2006
    To many glitches, and its way ahead of its time. You all should have tested this game better befor releaseing it to the public. Not to mention the fact that 1.6 is and always will be the better cs game.
  39. JamesG.
    May 10, 2006
    Best game ever!! it will not be betin in the near future ;) only down side is the updates taken so long but in all its worth the WAIT!! nice job with this game 10/10
  40. RylanP.
    May 10, 2006
    This is in my opinion the greatest multiplayer shooter ever made. It has all of the main aspects a great shooter should have: first person, great guns, realistic, and amazing graphics. Counter Strike 1.6 was a great game, and by releasing Source i believe it has gotten twice as good. Out of all of the shooter games that I have played (which is A LOT) I think that Counter Strike: Source is This is in my opinion the greatest multiplayer shooter ever made. It has all of the main aspects a great shooter should have: first person, great guns, realistic, and amazing graphics. Counter Strike 1.6 was a great game, and by releasing Source i believe it has gotten twice as good. Out of all of the shooter games that I have played (which is A LOT) I think that Counter Strike: Source is the best of them all. It deserves to be named the greatest game in the history of shooters. Expand
  41. AmzayaU.
    May 10, 2006
    Counter-Strike:Source is the best online first person shooter, now it fits the catagory of old-school...
  42. JoeK.
    May 12, 2006
  43. SolM.
    May 12, 2006
    For graphics, teamplay, skill, realism, adrenaline rushed headshot frenzy Counter Strike Source is the best game ever!. You dont need a plot when the aim is to KILL!
  44. NoahJ.
    May 14, 2006
    Awesome game, only bad thing is getting pushed by a plastic bucket when you try to walk over it... Apart from that, its quite fun!
  45. C.S.
    May 14, 2006
    Updates should run at noon. too much changes for cheater. teamspeak takes handicap.
  46. FelixB.
    May 16, 2006
    Just a great game. A great improvement to CS 1.6 both in graphics and in gameplay!
  47. SteveL.
    May 17, 2006
  48. Thor
    May 18, 2006
    Easily the greatest game ever made, I never stop playing it. I played this before I played 1.6, so I missed out on the whole "1.6 die-hard" phase. Whenever I do play 1.6, though, it does not compare to the graphics and style of Source. 10/10 for sure.
  49. TrgetG.
    May 19, 2006
    An excellent game, visually stunning and immersive gameplay.
  50. JoeR.
    May 20, 2006
    Very good graphis and is very realistic. It just need more gun choices. Highly recomended.
  51. MarkyP.
    May 20, 2006
    C:SS is probably the best game out at the moment. It isn't singularly because of the graphics, or the physics, or the levels it is the compilation of these into one great big SUPER COOL GAME! Nothing beats it!
  52. Rasengan
    May 2, 2006
    Wow, this is a great game! I've played 30 hrs of it - source is just one of the best shooters out! Amazing gameplay, superb graphics- anybody who rated it low is ridiculous, shooting through stone walls (another review commented on this) is ridiculous. One of the best games of our era.
  53. TeodorIkonomov
    May 21, 2006
    The Best Game Ever
  54. DominikE.
    May 21, 2006
  55. AndrewE.
    May 22, 2006
    Real, live, exciting with great graphics. Play it!
  56. JordanT.
    May 22, 2006
    Visually amazing with gameplay to go along with it. One of the best multi-player online shooters out there.
  57. MichaelP.
    May 23, 2006
    A great game, smoth gameplay and SURFing is great!
  58. JoeK.
    May 24, 2006
  59. SteveL.
    May 25, 2006
  60. JoeK.
    May 25, 2006
  61. ChrisH.
    May 26, 2006
    Just the way it's been round for so long and so many people play it every day, and that the game play is really reaslistic. I myself will confess to have played counter strike source for a whole day!
  62. KaneD.
    May 26, 2006
    Great game, wickid graphics, but could get more better.
  63. FreddyD.
    May 26, 2006
    I gave it a 10/10, easy as that, the new gameplay, physics, "feel" opens a new chapter in CS history. Before i leave::::: 1. to all ppl, who whine about the weapon accuracy: ahem, try to aim, ffs! 2. to all ppl, who whine about that the new physics are useless to gameplay: WRONG, it gives a better, more realistic feel, and makes you think twice about your next step, but of course, that is I gave it a 10/10, easy as that, the new gameplay, physics, "feel" opens a new chapter in CS history. Before i leave::::: 1. to all ppl, who whine about the weapon accuracy: ahem, try to aim, ffs! 2. to all ppl, who whine about that the new physics are useless to gameplay: WRONG, it gives a better, more realistic feel, and makes you think twice about your next step, but of course, that is up to everyone self. 3. to all ppl, who whine about, that there are to many u83r_1337_h4x0rz, that the servers aren't secure: go to another server, god damnit! it's still only a minority (though i think, that even only one still is one too much) who are wasting their stupid, pointless life on cheating. that's all for now, cya 3. to all Expand
  64. TheWraith
    May 27, 2006
    Overall CSS is great, no telling how many times ive been away from my pc and been itching to get back and play some source.
  65. ChrisM.
    May 2, 2006
    Absolutely fantastic, so addictive but still fun to play! Just incredible!
  66. JasonFlax
    May 29, 2006
    This is THE SINGLE BEST multiplayer game, EVER!!!!
  67. KP
    May 30, 2006
    To anyone that has played 1.6 they will know this "new" update has basically slapped a load of sugar on and not really fixed any of the problems it had before. Graphics over Gameplay dosent work online..it looks pretty but the gameplay is still bugged. Valve, dont do an Electronic Arts on use and just churn crap out that looks good but plays crap.. Good Points - Graphics, Way Forward Bad To anyone that has played 1.6 they will know this "new" update has basically slapped a load of sugar on and not really fixed any of the problems it had before. Graphics over Gameplay dosent work online..it looks pretty but the gameplay is still bugged. Valve, dont do an Electronic Arts on use and just churn crap out that looks good but plays crap.. Good Points - Graphics, Way Forward Bad Points - Low/Jerky FPS, Poor hit boxes . Expand
  68. KelvinK.
    May 5, 2006
    I love CS! Of all the fps games out there, and all the mods of half-life, I think CS most closely resembles a multi-level chess game experience (even if most players dont know it). People can win by using teamwork, developing their own skills, or by learning their opponents. So many ways to play the game... its great!
  69. DaveR.
    May 5, 2006
    all it needs are some more weapons!
  70. MattD.
    May 5, 2006
    i think this is a brillient game. i only got this game because it came with half-life 2 game of the year eddition. and i got a very nice surprise when i started playin this game online.
  71. Matador
    May 5, 2006
    Besides the usual quirky game mechanics that have been around since CS's first inception the game is amazing. With the source engine driving this game scoring kills just got 10 times more satisfying.
  72. PriS.
    May 5, 2006
    this game is mad and addictive and dropped out of school to play it...I LOVE IT
  73. RobertS.
    May 5, 2006
    The Best game. Super continous of CS 1.6 maybe better. I play it by hour a day and still is funny and ........ SUPER GAME.
  74. JuanBorja
    May 5, 2006
    This is one of the most addicting games online. I have been hooked for more than 3 years already and I know theres people out there who have been playing it since 1.6.
  75. DominikE.
  76. AndrewLister
    May 6, 2006
    I have played this game for 1 and a half years those of you who have not played it need to buy/rent but in order to understand first you must play it to know how good it is.
  77. AlexD.
    May 6, 2006
    I really like this game. It may be hard to get into when you are new at it, but after a few games, it is a ton of fun.
  78. LFerns
    May 6, 2006
    the game is too addictive...don't start and you will live a more productive life.
  79. AnonymousJoe
    May 6, 2006
    This game is great. You've got almost everything a game multiplayer game could ask for. High Quality Graphics with low latency, a sh.t load of guns, great player models and kick ass physics.
  80. AnonymousMC
    May 6, 2006
    Excellent, the plugin mods (mani admin, zombie horde) make this one of the most versitile fps mutliplayer games I've played.
  81. PrévidentePaul
    May 6, 2006
    Sorry for my English, I am French ! It's a very beautiful game !
  82. LaserfaceJones
    May 6, 2006
    This game will make you crap your pants. Play it if you like shooting things. Alot of things. In the head.
  83. ScottH.
    May 6, 2006
    ive been playin this game for 6 monuths solid this is one of the best games ive ever played and ive played em all (nearly)10 out 10 no questions asked.
  84. JoeK.
  85. ROBP.
    May 6, 2006
    Great game. Thanks to valve for updating it and giving us all new content. Only thing wrong with the game is the amount of idiots that plague it!
  86. JoeK.
  87. ChrisDog
    May 6, 2006
    Awesome gameplay. A truly realistic feeling between players.This isn't just your average shoot'em up game and score. You dont need a fast trigger finger, all you need is a microphone and some quick thinking skills ;-) Dont forget the little things like small objects that react to your movement, seeing your enemys weapons drop and get thrown from blast froma gun or grenade. Now Awesome gameplay. A truly realistic feeling between players.This isn't just your average shoot'em up game and score. You dont need a fast trigger finger, all you need is a microphone and some quick thinking skills ;-) Dont forget the little things like small objects that react to your movement, seeing your enemys weapons drop and get thrown from blast froma gun or grenade. Now all we need...X-mass list: rocket launcher, grenade launcher.... Expand
  88. RyssenX
    May 6, 2006
    It's a Good game whith nice grafik...fun too play, but its relly diffrent from all the other Cs games its moore like Half-life 2, with the new updates so u can look other then like 1 char all chars from cs has come. I recomend This game too all that like Half-life 2 Dm and wanna try something new in Cs revolotion.
  89. AndrewBaldry
    May 6, 2006
    It is a good gaming community where people can have fun with there friends and also make new friends while playing.
  90. AnthonyGallo
    May 6, 2006
    I love this game, the graphics are awesome, the physics are awesome, and the overall gameplay is just astounding. This game will pass many hours of your time with delight :)
  91. Ryan
    May 6, 2006
    This game is an awesome way to meet new people and have a blast while doing so, it's the only FPS i care to own atm.
  92. JC
    May 6, 2006
    Great improvement on the previous CS. A game that has surpassed all others in terms of replay.
  93. BlitzAcez
    May 6, 2006
    This game has decent graphics and the gameplay is quite fun. Nothing special, especailly as it's basicly a copy of counter-strike 1.6 the original ground breaking multiplayer game. Downsides are that it seems to have problems registering bullets connecting to the other players when you have hit someone, this could be due to the hit boxes not being that accurate, but most of the time This game has decent graphics and the gameplay is quite fun. Nothing special, especailly as it's basicly a copy of counter-strike 1.6 the original ground breaking multiplayer game. Downsides are that it seems to have problems registering bullets connecting to the other players when you have hit someone, this could be due to the hit boxes not being that accurate, but most of the time when you hit someone it acts out as if you have. Expand
  94. AnthonyV.
    May 6, 2006
    Servers are veried in skil levels and there are loads of different maps - very involving game play.
  95. ChuckG.
    May 7, 2006
    CSS has to be the coolest online game of all times and it deservers some kind of award!!! Awsome Game the out did them selfs on this one, CS 1.6 is still cool but CSS jist goes to another lvl
  96. JordanW.
    May 7, 2006
    This game is insanely awesome. You just can't go wrong!
  97. MarcioCamposP.
    May 7, 2006
    Absolutely fantastic!!! Just incredible!
  98. BartelP.
    May 7, 2006
    This is one of the best multiplayer games ever build and i hope that every comp will be played by source soon
  99. Tim
    May 7, 2006
    this game is an astonishing peace of work, its a large multiplayer game with a low latency and reasonable graphix what more could a internet gamer ask for?
  100. JoeA.
    May 7, 2006
    This game is the best you can play for hours and not get bord, its never ending fun because u can creat your own levels.

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.