Counter-Strike: Source PC

8.9

1. GinFish
    May 7, 2006
    Flawless Gameplay, Flawless Graphics, Flawless Gaming Experience.
  2. CarlE.
    May 7, 2006
    Great game and all, but the community is bad for newbies. there are a lot of hackers too, but that really shouldn't reflect back on the game.
  3. PavelZ.
    My Ultimate drug.
  4. Mitchell
    May 7, 2006
    Great game. I enjoyed the original, and it only gets better with cs:s A must buy for any true gamer.
  5. LukeB.
    May 7, 2006
    The game is excellent, it has taken the classic Counter Strike to the next level. The grphics are stunning and the sound is awesome. only 2 things that need improvement. 1. Bring back the tactical sheild. 2. Hackers are everywhere and ruin the game
  6. NickL.
    May 8, 2006
    Superior graphics, intelligent design, realistic battle sequences: the sequel surpasses its predecessor and then some. Check out the layers, textures , much improved rag dolls , etc.
  7. CoreyP.
    May 8, 2006
    I love CS:S ive played CS for 6 years now, when it first came out, the new source really kicked it up! This Game Owns.
  8. CliveM.
    May 8, 2006
    An excellent game, huge variety of maps wonderfull physics, and fun if you can find flaws in the maps.
  9. AndrewL.
    May 8, 2006
    Dynamic, adrenaline-packed, and never gets old. Best online game ever.
  10. JoonasP.
    May 9, 2006
    Great fun for 15min or whole night! Very addictive...
  11. TonyM.
    May 9, 2006
    best dam team game.....online game .............or shooter ....... real weapon types ......that resemble the laws of phisics ... and plenty of ways to die just wish i was a little better at it / lots to learn cheers.
  12. KittyE.
    May 9, 2006
    I like it. probably not one of the best games when it comes to the aim and fire part. Hits that create blood on your opositios face are often ignored by the game. As well as a few other minor factors with hit registry. The Tactical sheild is gone so prepare to get awped on ofice. I don't know what "new weapons" these guys are talking about, you still have every thing here. Not a I like it. probably not one of the best games when it comes to the aim and fire part. Hits that create blood on your opositios face are often ignored by the game. As well as a few other minor factors with hit registry. The Tactical sheild is gone so prepare to get awped on ofice. I don't know what "new weapons" these guys are talking about, you still have every thing here. Not a single "New" weapon on the list. Custom maps got better with the port ( i sudgest finding "the matrix" it was a fun DE map) the new maps Port is huge and hard to get around. alot of the weapons lost some of their acuracy while others gained it. All of these flaws aside though, the game is a fine port. only worth the twenty bucks if you dont want to buy the older versions. Me and my sister play it all the time. i give it an average score for an average game. Expand
  13. MikeD.
    Jun 1, 2006
    It's an overal good game, but unrealistic because the hitbox is in my opinion calibrated wrong. Other than that, everything else is very good.
  14. PedroL.
    Jun 11, 2006
    Fot those without High-End machines, this remains one of the most playable FPS online games.
  15. SamiK.
    Jun 12, 2006
    Well first of all,the game is very entertaining in the beginning but soon maybe after 7 months,the game isnt so entertaining.
  16. SimonF.
    Jun 13, 2006
    an excelant game, you just have to find the right server!
  17. StevenG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    Awsome game play! Realistic Bots and buildings! Incredible graphics! i think.
  18. CalebG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    Great FPS for anyone who likes them. The game has enough maps to keep you playing for hours. Also if you dont like the server your on the is a lot more if you want to change. I have recomended this to lots of my friends and there all hooked.
  19. Doraemon
    Jun 14, 2006
    One of the best games ever! The only thing negative in this games are the cheaters, they destroy all the pleasure that can be given in this specific game, however I have to play it, its just vicious.
  20. DaffyG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    amazing game. played it for months and months. fav maps are office, cbble, italy, and dust 2. my only complaint is that awps are incredibly lame. they are easy to use, promote camping, and over used.
  21. JoeyP.
    Jun 15, 2006
    Too good to be true. Fantastic Graphics and detail. Just love the Physics put into it.
  22. AlexandreH.
    Jun 15, 2006
    The best multiplayer doom like in the world.
  23. LeighC.
    Jun 16, 2006
    The best game ever incredible graphics physic's and realistic palyer damage. if you get board of one level just change to another there are thousands of maps happy gaming.
  24. NickS.
    Jun 17, 2006
    Great FPS. Awesome graphics with awesome maps and loads of custom maps. The game itself has so many different types of gameplay it's nuts. Can keep you occupied for years. Works on almost any computer too, with the amazing hardware scaling it has. 10/10 is clear.
  25. Furr;)Mauro
    Jun 22, 2006
    This game is nice :D.. I like the graphics and i think you should not blame the source engine. This engine works well in games as HL2 DM so why won't it here? I like the many maps, mods, and especially the many n44bs there are to be pwned xD
  26. PekK.
    Jun 22, 2006
    Magnificent game of great graphics and totally action with great dualing. Its one of the best fps ever.
  27. HarryD.
    Jun 22, 2006
    a awsome game! yes! its just like 1.6 but with awsome graphics more interactve objects and awsome physics too. those who complain about FPS, hackers, assholes and other things are simply spouting bullshit. its got a bad FPS because your computer is 10 years old, there are hackers on the server because its not VAC2 secure and the source engine is perfectly stable under normal gamepley a awsome game! yes! its just like 1.6 but with awsome graphics more interactve objects and awsome physics too. those who complain about FPS, hackers, assholes and other things are simply spouting bullshit. its got a bad FPS because your computer is 10 years old, there are hackers on the server because its not VAC2 secure and the source engine is perfectly stable under normal gamepley sucrumstances. the mani admin plugin menu for CS:S is pure genius and an exelent tool that almost every server uses to help people out. people who are assholes generaly get kicked out of a server thnaks to votekick. the weapons are balanced, the "tactical shelid" licked my balls so thank god thats gone. getting with a group of friends is an great laugh and generaly a truly pwning game. props to steam! Expand
  28. Engels
    Jun 23, 2006
    Very good Network game ! It is great fun to play with other people this game!
  29. LukeBurgess
    Jun 23, 2006
    brilliant game. great graphics, awesome gameplay. etc etc. i s2 this game.
  30. BearaROlsson
    Jun 23, 2006
    The absolute best FPS game ever, the old cs was great but now with som nice graphic change and new Physical engine its great to play this game! I love it!!
  31. PhilN.
    Jun 24, 2006
    This game is the best game in the world.
  32. PieterV.
    Jun 29, 2006
    Counter-strike was already good but this is even better it should get a 100 procent cause the gameplay and graphics owns and you don't even need a very good computer to run it.
  33. PoL
    Jun 29, 2006
    I've played CS:S since the beta, and 1.6 before that all the way down to 1.5 or so... it's a great game, and it never gets boring.
  34. DylanM.
    Jun 3, 2006
    Best game ever! If you get sick of a map get some more!
  35. WesleyV.
    Jun 3, 2006
    Very nice game
  36. ZachM.
    Jun 6, 2006
    its a very great game. the graphics are great and evreything.
  37. RobM.
    Jun 7, 2006
    It is an amazing game, i recomend uying it, you WILL get your moneys worth!
  38. BrunoW.
    Jun 7, 2006
    this is the best game that i have ever played.. it's just amazing!
  39. Vapour.
    Jun 8, 2006
    Very fun, but with little replay value, I've been playing for 4 years, and it is lacking new weapons, and maps. And most importantly... de_dust is EXTREMELY OVERPLAYED. awp annoying as well. But when its new; amazingly fun and dangerously addicting.
  40. Kieron
    Jun 9, 2006
    This game is soo addictive, best eva, forget bf2 and halo you want this. Only improvement would be a rpg. BUY it if this is the last thing you do.
  41. EdwardD.
    Jun 9, 2006
    Awsome FPS. Any true FPS fan already owns this game. the game never gets old. i have been playing counter-strike before CS:S... before CS retail.. try 3 -4 years before CS Retail appered in stores. back when it was done by people who created it in there spare time for free and loved what they were doing. CS:S today is better then ever. realism freaks be damed.
  42. DrewDawson
    Jul 1, 2006
    THIS GAME IS TEH BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME EVER! the reason it is, is because its so commpetitive and people actually care and play as a fucking team. Also i like it because of all teh leagues and clans and stuff out there for the game. BUY THIS GAME ITS THE BEST GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER!!!
  43. AndrewD.
    Jul 1, 2006
    Great game, been playing for about 5 years and i've been hooked since. Fun game, perfect to play with your friends on a LAN.
  44. DanL.
    Jul 12, 2006
    Is just FANTASTIC is perfect can't ask much more from a FPS game. Except perhaps to take awp out or decrease its damage.
  45. JoeK.
    GREAT GAME!
  46. HongW.
    Jul 12, 2006
    I liked Counter-Strike. I like Counter-Strike Source. They are both awesome, but Counter-Strike Source totally rocks. It's simply fun to see your enemys flying correctly through the air and the physiks and graphics are stunning. 10 great points!
  47. MatthiasD.
    Jul 13, 2006
    This game is really nice! The graphics are nice everything is nice and some guys might say its easy to make a headshot but it sure ain't! Because of the recoil and the lack of aim of some players.
  48. TimD.
    Jul 15, 2006
    The game css is of the chain ive had it for 2 months now and no one can kill me i have gotten that good keep updating the game and add more places to play gungames yee hah lol.
  49. NupurV.
    Jul 17, 2006
    Wow this game is unexpressable by words its just nuts...one of the greatest games i played.
  50. psoguilder
    Jul 17, 2006
    c' est un tres bon jeux fun en ffa et avec encore plus de plaisir en war contre d' autre equipes . Graphiquement il est bien fait . Et les mur ne sont pas en carton ou on ne peut pas balancer de grenade par dessus des maisons de 4 étages comme sur 1.6 malheureusement encore trop peu de lan en france s' intérresse a se jeu pretextant une trop grandec' est un tres bon jeux fun en ffa et avec encore plus de plaisir en war contre d' autre equipes . Graphiquement il est bien fait . Et les mur ne sont pas en carton ou on ne peut pas balancer de grenade par dessus des maisons de 4 étages comme sur 1.6 malheureusement encore trop peu de lan en france s' intérresse a se jeu pretextant une trop grande facilité a faire des headshots
    et le leger decalage entre le spectre du personage et son image mais il n' y a rien a dire vous passerez des centaines d' heures ( des milliers ?) à jouer en réseaux

bref good luck and have fun
  51. PedroM.
    Jul 18, 2006
    the best game of first person shot.
  52. KrystianK.
    Jul 18, 2006
    Never played before CS. My friend almost forced me to see this masterpiece. And i rarely play something else... to bad that the are only 3 good maps.
  53. AdrianV.
    Jul 18, 2006
    Greatest Onlineshooter of all time!
  54. GreatShOt
    Jul 24, 2006
    Great Out of the Box style game, but some custom maps are good some arnt you cant help that, this style of play should be used through out gaming.
  55. David
    Jul 24, 2006
    amazing, so much of my life, gone and its all counter strike: source's fault.
  56. JonD.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Great game, great graphics, great gameplay.
  57. DimitriA.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Superb game, the new engine works wonders. However it still falls prey to some the same bs that I experienced in 1.6, other that that it's the perfect shooter and I enjoy hours of fun on it!
  58. HarryC.
    Jul 28, 2006
    This is the best FPS i have ever played, i love it to bits. Thanks for making it so good steam.
  59. DavidT.
    Jul 31, 2006
    this is 1 amazing game it has good graphics and the diffrent maps guns and the ct and t are two amazing teams 2 play this game is 1 of the best action games ever created counter strike source is fun and u can't just do what u wanna do u gotta go and help your teamates also be carfull to watch your back this is 1 hack of a game a 10 to me!
  60. TheUnDeRtAk3r
    Jul 7, 2006
    Yes CSS is nice from graphic,but i think it's too easy a blind player can hit there a headshot quite easily.... The griphic is real nice.
  61. RickyM.
    Aug 1, 2006
    well the game is way easier then 1.6 so if you enjoy an esier experience buy this game if not buy counter strike 1.6.
  62. NotReal
    Aug 10, 2006
    Horrible Graphics worst FPS of all time, people in the game are immature and rude. I give it 1/10 the game is just horrible.
  63. AnthonyA.
    Aug 10, 2006
    This is the Best FpS game ive ever played everything is realistic from the weapons to the sites and places of Counter Strike its one of my favorite games ^.^
  64. NicoS.
    Aug 12, 2006
    A technically and graphically stunning port of a game that was already pretty damn good, with the potential to deliver bigger and better things in future. And you can
  65. MatthewL.
    Aug 14, 2006
    Awesome game, great physics, level design, and improved hitboxes.
  66. KennethB.
    Aug 15, 2006
    Is there any doubt left?? Counter-strike is the ultimative greast game ever... and sadly enough for the industy, it have been since 1999... Thumbs up.
  67. LeeY.
    Aug 15, 2006
    Counter-Strike was always my favorite shooters, and when I finally played CS: Source I was having little siezures of joy. It's brilliant. Half-Life 2 graphics and physics (which are amazing), and that same old CS feel. The game is quick paced and insane.
  68. RubenT.
    Aug 16, 2006
    This game is certainly the best FPS out, The graphics are top notch, the realism is just perfect, even though it is 100% percent real, its in perfect proportion for gameplay.
  69. AlvaroE.
    Aug 18, 2006
    I have played the old counter-strike, but the counter-strike source is so much better, it's graphics, realism, etc. There isn't any comparison with this online game, it's totally awesome.
  70. TrevorB.
    Aug 18, 2006
    The engine in this game is amazing. They really captured the physics very nicely but not over the top.
  71. GreenyG
    Aug 18, 2006
    Great graphics and sound but it requires to much power for some low computerised graph cards so the game is only recommended for people with powerful computers but its defintelly recommend to give a shot cause its super addictive Nice work STEAM :)
  72. JoeK.
    Aug 19, 2006
    GREAT GAME!
  73. JonathanM.
    Aug 19, 2006
    This game is soo great, i see people all over the net using it's content. UGO Flaspplayer has games of it, "Jaso" made a stick movie of it, and no wonder why. Downloading this game through Valve gives you the game itself, SDK, And the Source engine(of course). Buying the game from a store give you the game itself, Day of Defeat: Source, And Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Source. Both for This game is soo great, i see people all over the net using it's content. UGO Flaspplayer has games of it, "Jaso" made a stick movie of it, and no wonder why. Downloading this game through Valve gives you the game itself, SDK, And the Source engine(of course). Buying the game from a store give you the game itself, Day of Defeat: Source, And Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Source. Both for only 19.95, tell me that isnt a great deal. Expand
  74. DaveQ.
    Aug 2, 2006
    A visually impressive game whos excellent sound effects add greatly to the immersion effect, Counterstrike is ruined by its lack of playbalance. Eventually, Counterstrike becomes a repetitive rush to gain the most powerful weapons, such as sniper rifles that kill in one hit with absolute accuracy even when running and even jumping. Compounding the problem is the unprecedented amount of A visually impressive game whos excellent sound effects add greatly to the immersion effect, Counterstrike is ruined by its lack of playbalance. Eventually, Counterstrike becomes a repetitive rush to gain the most powerful weapons, such as sniper rifles that kill in one hit with absolute accuracy even when running and even jumping. Compounding the problem is the unprecedented amount of hacking, (though I have not played Diablo) resulting in people that shoot through walls and are themselves nearly immune to damage. The Valve Anti Cheat system seems only to allow more hacking. Expand
  75. OlleO.
    Aug 22, 2006
    i love the graphics in this game, btw its rly fun to see these dolls (players/humans) getting killed whit diferent kind of style.
  76. M.Dove
    Aug 23, 2006
    Been updating now for over 24 hours with 3-7 hours left to go and a 600k connection, what an absolute joke... every other of my 120+ installed games however runs like a dream... once again, valve take the apex of gaming and enviroments and simply put people off by making updates slow, laborious and in most cases frustrating
  77. JohnJandou
    Aug 24, 2006
    First i been playing 1.6 the graphics just made me sick then i was liek i need the upgraded version my cuzin introduced me to source no im playing 24/7 im a amazed with the graphics no just cause my video card i really say couple times u play this game you will be hooked if u like online action games trully
  78. DylanR.
    Aug 29, 2006
    while this game could be fun, for the average person with a nice computer, it is a poor, nay, awful imitation of cs1.6. The game feels slugish and slow paced. While the graphics are amazing, this game doesnt come anywhere close to cs1.6, which IMO is the greatest fps of all time. The competitive aspect of this game is also awful compared to 1.6.
  79. Brian
    Aug 6, 2006
    This game is great.. Good going valve.. Keep up the good developing
  80. MitchellL.
    Aug 6, 2006
    i love the surf maps they are the best.
  81. Humb1estWalker
    Aug 7, 2006
    Weather you like this game or not just know it introduced proper multiplayer co-op. Counter terroists versus terroists awsome. Pick your side. Only problem is that people can be so mean some times. Newbies beware...
  82. SpencerG.
    Aug 7, 2006
    This is the best FPS game. It has good graphics and it is realistic. Yaaaaaa
  83. TimothyB.
    Sep 12, 2006
    CS is like the most played online game. With the coming of CSS they made it even better with the corpses, better grenades, no shields ;) and nice maps.
  84. Ottoman
    Sep 12, 2006
    OMG Headshot! This game is the best PC game ever. See u in aztec n00bs
  85. HunterA.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Since 1.3 I have been addicted to counter-strike, with the release of CS Source, the maps have been reworked and the physics (Half-Life 2) are incredible, detail is uncomparable to the orginal, great remake of a classic game! CS-ADDICT for life.
  86. Camouflageninja
    Sep 17, 2006
    Greatest multiplayer game of all time!
  87. RodrigoA.
    Sep 19, 2006
    I think this is the best shooting game I've ever played and it deserves a 10.
  88. RicardoD.
    Sep 22, 2006
    Great game I just can't stop playing it and I've been doing it for almost 2 years.
  89. VictorW.
    Sep 22, 2006
    This game is easy and thats the way why I love it. I dont like difficult games.
  90. PhillipB.
    Sep 23, 2006
    A great action packed game that keep the adrenaline pumping.
  91. JamesW.
    Sep 23, 2006
    Excellent game! The best team person shooting game ever!
  92. LeeB.
    Sep 25, 2006
    The best ever game in my opinion full of different mods and clans and the graphics and physics are amazing. If I could I'd give it a 12.
  93. CavanG.
    Sep 25, 2006
    Best game I played so far, and I've played a lot of FPS related games including Unreal Tournament type games, Quake... I am a game fanatic... but out of all the games I know of so far, Counter Strike source to me is the best.
  94. MikeM.
    Sep 27, 2006
    I have played CS since the first version came out with Half Life. It still kicks any Team based games out there. For some reason I keep coming back for more.
  95. RyanK.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Well made game. Lots of detail and thought went into this. A classic game and a must have for PC owners!
  96. ClementB.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Very cool and fun game. Source is a very good game.
  97. DarrelG.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Games of this quality usually are pay to play. I hope they continue to make top of the line software and keep just the way it is. They constantly come out with upgrades and additions to their games, making somthing already awesome, even better!
  98. DominikE.
    Sep 3, 2006
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  99. Novi4ekNone
    Sep 9, 2006
    good game
  100. [STD]uN4m3d
    Jan 10, 2007
    Great graphics and great new and improved maps. Great buy menu features. It would be a 10 if it had the game play of 1.6. Frankly, you can kill and be killed too easily and one's actions are not as life-like.

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.