6.6

1. Sep 14, 2014
    While all of the Crysis games have their points of excellence, none of them are perfect. Crysis 1 is still, 7 years after release, a benchmark for pc graphics power, and allows a degree of open-world freedom not seen since Far Cry before it, but the enemy AI is terrible. Crysis 3 is one of best-looking game ever released and extremely well optimised, and yet its writing and story is so poor and emotionally vacuous that it's insulting to the player's intelligence.

Crysis 2 similarly has its own high and low points, and as far as I can figure, a comparison between the three is the only way I can properly outline why, despite the fact that I don't like this game the best or hate it the most, it's still worthy of your time and money.

GRAPHICS: C2 lacks the visual clout of both the other games in the series. It's a case of optimisation for consoles taken too far in that direction. Crytek corrected this in C3, which remains the best playing AND best looking game in the series, allowing those on PC to milk the CryEngine 3 for all it's worth. In saying that, it doesn't look BAD by any stretch, and when compared to most other games of it's time it's still miles ahead of the pack. There's just a general near-imperceptible blurriness that falls over all things, making this the least impressive visually when compared to it's high-achieving bretheren. In order of preference: C3, C1, C2

SOUND: The C2 soundtrack, scored by Hans Zimmer, is by far the most memorable and emotive of all the games. C1's soundtrack is pretty standard fare, filling in the ambience but not really engaging the player, while the pompous and bloated orchestral score of C3 was indicative of my problems with that game as a whole - it is a poor attempt at making the player emote to something that isn't emotionally engaging or interesting. In order of preference: C2, C1, C3

GAMEPLAY: C2 feels more like a corridor shooter than C1, but at least this feeling is contextualised because you're playing in the city streets. C3 had the same basic design, but threw a field in every now and then to con you into thinking it was 'open'. The problem was that there was nothing interesting to see or do unless you moved towards the objective. At least C2 is honest about its intentions and makes the most out of what it's giving you. In order of preference: C1, C2, C3

STORY: None of the Crysis games have been perfect when it comes to story. In terms of my preference however, C2 and C1 are closely linked. The best part of the story in C1 is that they didn't try to flesh it out too much. The sense of mystery held up for a good part of the game, resulting in genuine wonder when you're faced with the truth, and even then explanations weren't just handed out, which was fine by me as it made sense that no-one knew exactly what was happening, and when the people in the game react in a relatable way, you can then relate to the people in the game. The problem I have with C2 is that they try to explain an inherently silly story with 'science', and you can throw as much 'science' at me as you want, but it's not going to make me believe in something that is inherently ridiculous. As a by-product of this, the game seems to take itself way too seriously, and this was a step towards the nightmare that was C3's story, in which the entire game feels like it's TELLING you to feel something, rather than being crafted well enough to actually MAKE you feel it. In order of preference: C1, C2, C3

OVERALL: Crysis 2 holds a place closer to my heart in retrospect than it did when it was released. I was expecting a bigger, better Crysis 1, and instead I got a stripped down, streamlined game that was clearly aimed at the console market. In saying that, and after playing all 3 games in close proximity to one-another, Crysis 2 holds many of the most memorable moments of the series - the music and the city locations and some of the action set-pieces are indeed standouts in a series that always ostensibly tries to one-up itself in terms of spectacle. And while it lacks the grand scope of the first game, and it isn't as pretty as the third, it is a much smoother and less buggy game than C1, and it isn't the empty, phoned-in mandatory sequel that Crysis 3 is.

Crysis 2 feels like the developers still had an idea of what moves a player emotionally, what engages them in terms of gameplay, and what they remember in terms of experience.
  2. Sep 3, 2014
    There's a lot of things to love in Crysis 2, except for the unimpressive storyline, linear gameplay and lot of bugs with, of course, limited graphic options. But despite those, the game contains lots of improvements over its predecessor, like more useful nanosuit abilities, insane graphic (still) and a memorable multiplayer.
  3. Aug 26, 2014
    Next-gen Graphics and gameplay with intense action !! I´m playing this game 3 years after the launch and stills amazing ! Those who like amazing graphics and intense action shooter MUST PLAY this game ! Beware: You need a good PC rig to play with maximum graphics settings !
  4. Jul 18, 2014
    If you can forgive the obvious fact that this is a console port, you're in for a well crafted campaign with a great story and visual design. The graphics do look pretty good on the PC, a definite improvement from the console versions. However you should check out the MaldoHD mod if you want to improve the graphics.
  5. Jul 16, 2014
    This game was less better than the first Crysis. Few reasons:
    1.It's not open world like Crysis was.
    2.The aliens were effectively shielded humans with human tactics as well. The aliens in Crysis looked and acted like aliens (flying)
    3. There is no explanation what happened in the end of Crysis.
    But, the graphics were optimized, so on low (high) it looked like very high in the first Crysis.
  6. Jul 5, 2014
    Crysis 2 is a dumbed down FPS shooter, as generic as they come. It's called Crysis 2 because they know we liked Crysis 1, but don't let them fool you. Don't waste your valuable cash on this console ported turd.
  7. Jun 8, 2014
    One of the best introduction sequences to a AAA game in the last dozen years. Sadly, the combat and graphics take a big step down from Crysis. Seriously, 2014 and blurry textures in sign text? I sort of did a WTF and then checked to make sure my settings were indeed on Ultra. It's like I stepped into a time machine back to 2007.

On the upside, you can probably run this on your
    laptop. That and Bejewelled 12 (twirls finger).

The characters are also feeling weak. The first game wasn't strong, merely adequate, but this one pushes the limits of generic bad guys.

The gun play is solid, and I had fun stealthing up to bad guy 1, snapping his neck with precisely the correct torsional force, and then finishing off bad guys 2 and 3 with my hand gun/melee combo. Nothing like shooting a guy in the face and then elbowing him before he hits the floor.

Level design is also showing it's age, with urban building landscapes that initially feel open but are really closed with only a few potential routes. I'm okay with this so long as it's truly scripted narrative. Crysis 2 can't seem to make up its mind what it wants to be: an open world-like game or a tightly integrated frag-fest like the latest Tomb Raider.

Whatever. It's fun enough, just don't pay full price.
  8. May 29, 2014
    Crysis 2 would have been a great game if Crytek, just like EA or Activision wouldn't know better what I, as a gamer need. They took away free saves. I just played Crysis 1 and Warhead, and though those have their own problems, but it was a different experience. You could try out things, discover the area without the threat of doing 10-20 mins of game all over again. Nowadays every game is quite short. How to make a game longer? Use checkpoints! You can do over and over and over the same sh.t and the game feels longer... No content just replay. Crysis 2 scre.ed up the frenchise. Expand
  9. May 28, 2014
    Crysis 2 is a good pc game .I am enjoying it .Options of this game are superb.
    ,but i find some difficulties in playing it. Mouse controls in crysis 2 are not better,when compared with crysis. No proper view. Graphics are ok ,but there is something mistake in it.
  10. Apr 22, 2014
    An amazing feat in PS, and PC gaming. Visually stunning and a real treat for Crysis Fans, and noobs alike. If you like Sci-Fi then this a perfect FPS for you. The Multiplayer mods are amazing and truly a new experience for those who haven only been playing the mediocre COD franchise. I reccomend this to anybody really. The campaign is quite a thrill to be honest however it feels a big too short compared to Crysis 1 and the game could use some improvements as a whole for the visual settings. If on PC you can only play this game if you have the latest and above mediocre graphics card. Laptop users will not be able to play this game most likely due to the graphics, and high demanding power it seeks. The lowest setting unfortunately is High for everything. Had they made it high and you can access a program to put it super low then I would say everyone needs to buy this game for PC. However X360 port is about the same but not nearly as enjoyable as the PS3 and PC ports. The 3D gaming on pc for this game is amazing, and astounding to the gamers eye. Very nice graphics and everything one of the only games that actually has a 3D enabled worth gameplay for PC. PS3 is about as good as PC just needs a lot of mods. Expand
  11. sft
    Apr 20, 2014
    Maximum metropolitan mayhem

Let’s get the obvious out of the way first: CRYSIS 2 looks great. You would expect stunning visuals from Crytek and they deliver here in spades. Alien-devastated New York feels very realistic as you work your way through the dust and trash that blows in the air. Much has been said about the fact that you have to work our way through the streets rather than
    roam freely, as was possible in the first Crysis game, and it’s true that C2 is less open-world than the original. But it never feels as though you’re being herded and there is some room for exploration within the confines of the streets. But even though this aspect is a little disappointing C2 is an improvement on the original in most aspects. The suit controls have been made far more intuitive and it’s now possible to upgrade it as you gather points through despatching alien invaders. The story is less nebulous than in the first and the action is far more intense, with barely a moment to take a breath at times. The set-pieces are more epic in scope and there’s a real sense of urgency throughout. Sadly it’s not a long game. I took my time but still completed it in a little under 20 hours. But if you like the Crysis franchise this game is a worthy follow up to the original, even though it doesn’t quite have the same overall impact. Now onto Crysis 3 … Expand
  12. Apr 7, 2014
    A bland fps with little challenge even on the hardest difficulty. Enemy AI is terrible, with many enemys killing themselves with grenades and not noticing the player standing right in front of them. Having not played Crysis 1 as of yet I can say I was impressed by the graphics.
  13. Mar 29, 2014
    This game is a horrible rail-shooter which forces you to move forward and discourages exploration and unique playing. It's also plain stupid. You have a freakin super scifi suit yet you have to aimdownsights and cannot carry more than 3 weapons? Makes no sense. Stupid CoD-clone ruining FPS.

Levels are bad, they all feel the same. I hate this game.
  14. Mar 17, 2014
    Mostly meh. Game is definitely worse than first part. Plot is so twisted so I believe even plot writers was confused with it. And how in the world you could ruin perfect water from Crysis1 ????
  15. Mar 11, 2014
    Was a massive disappointment and a far cry from what made the original unique. Multiplayer was absolutely terrible and generic. The hacking problem left the servers empty after a few weeks after release. Story was an improvement but the linear game play made me regret my purchase.
  16. Mar 9, 2014
    Let's just say goodbye to Crysis. Because this is not Crysis. It's something else. Let me guess: the people who created the original are retired or what? Dead?
  17. Mar 7, 2014
    Most bad reviews come from people with too high expectations. First Crysis was better but also quite different, firstly it was very unique and PC oriented and secondly it was M rated. This one is simply a very decent PG-16 FPS console game, nothing unusual here.

The "console port" is pretty well done but yes it does lack a lot of options. For example, nanosuit voice can't be turned off
    or at least changed to female voice, it becomes very annoying after only an hour of game play, you're stuck with this over the top macho voice constantly spewing useless information. Graphic options, there ain't any. Prone mode is gone. Crouch is stuck at "toggle" option. Overall, controls are very simplified when compared to original.

Graphics are great but "consolish", for example, textures are low res at some places and the binoculars can only zoom so much. Obviously, it's designed for low-RAM machinery with moderate hardware. There's also no FPS limit apparently so you'll experience some stuttering on high end machine, an effect of improperly tested console porting but it's acceptable most of the time.

Gameplay is decent, nothing spectacular but fun and tense at times. The suspense is there almost all the time, game world is immersive although not nearly as deep as original. I have very high expetations of a FPS and I liked the gameplay overall. Aliens are actually scary at the beginning which is a feat considering the age rating. The game atmosphere does manage to fulfill its intended effect which is kind of a "Half Life 2" feeling but with the gore and civilian interaction censored (you can't hit friendlies).

There's an explanation for all this mediocrity when compared to original - it's PG 16! Yes, friends, while original was rated "M as in Manly", this one is not. This is a kiddie version of Crysis. There's no blood and no faces. You loved massacring those Koreans with nasty vocabulary in the first game? Well tough luck, you'll be fighting a faceless clone army here with their funniest punchline being "he's invincible" because that's what I want to hear as a12 year old superhero. I guess that female suit voice was too sexist for them to risk putting it in. This game is kid-oriented from beginning to the end with retard-proof dynamics and a design with a neutral odorless smell which censorship weasels can't detect. It's still solid fun though, but again, it's a far cry from THE Crysis.

Game story is politically correct compilation of generic micro events bought from stockstories.com for $1.99, most of the time you won't pay much attention to it, it's there just for the sake of game flow. The original Crysis plot wasn't much better either though.

With all that said, this is agame designed to attract large crowds, it's not designed to please few thousand hard core PC gamers who loved Crysis 1. You can safely let your 14 year old kids play the game though. I give the game an 8 because it's still better than much of the other stuff out there.
  18. Mar 1, 2014
    Dont understand the hate for this game, i played a lot of shooters crysis 3 cod ghost battlefield 3 borderland 2 , but there something about this game which makes my favorite, the epic campaign with a lot mission the story the bosses balanced combat and great soundtrack better than crysis 3.
  19. Feb 9, 2014
    yes a 0. quite literally a zero. how EA continue to sell this game on PC is beyond me. like many fools i picked this up in a sale, but oh wait. i need to log in to play. hmm not working. ok lets create an account, ok those details already exist, ok hit reset password. nope. site no longer exists.

Dear EA. please do not sell games where your DRM for that game no longer actually works.
    you sold me a brick of a game. a game i cant even get into the main menu screen.

i bet that this game is actually great, but no. you dun goofed. please EA. please please please stop punishing us good users who want to buy your stuff. lets go for a hat trick with that worst company award shal we.
  20. Feb 7, 2014
    Literally garbage. Unlike the first one, this one manages to feel like a copy of any generic shooter like cod and removes ALL of the core elements that made the original game unique. These elements include, but are not limited to, graphics(surprisingly awful after 4 years of "advancement") the really fun sandboxy feeling, which is now replaced with being forcefully guided through tight roads, buildings, and allys, and physics. I'm not gonna lie, one of the most fun things to do in the original was to throw your enemies into a shack and watch it collapse on itself, or simply just throwing a frag grenade into a building to gaze at it's pure amazingness. Now onto the actual campaign, which was awfully boring. I was simply just shell shocked at how bad it was an hour or so into the story, which by the way, is the only one that I couldn't wait to finish. Not in a good way, but rather in a "ugh, this storyline and gameplay has been so stale since the beginning, but i don't want to put my money to waste" kind of way. The only gun that you can find most of the time is the SCAR, and occasionally the shotgun or another machine gun. Speed mode was completely removed, as they tried to merge all the suit abilities into one, which i thought was a rather good idea, but the way it was executed, not so much. You now run at the speed of a normal human(maybe a little faster), versus the insane adrenaline-pumping cheetah speed you get in crysis 1. Moving onto the plot, crysis 2 does just as bad a job on this as they did with their gameplay mechanics, possibly even worse. The end of crysis 1 involved flying towards the sphere after you defeat the alien warship, soon to fight the aliens and meet up with Prophet. Now at the beginning of THIS game, they give you a flashy-cutscene hallucination thing(totally original btw) to show prophet killed himself, without any explanation whatsoever on what happened when nomad and psycho went to him. This story line is just riddled with plot holes, and this is frankly the biggest reason why i hated this game, because i didn't know what the hell was going on. The protagonist is now a random nobody, who happens to be chosen by prophet and doesnt like to say anything. At least in the first one your character actually spoke and interacted with people. Boy crytek, you really, REALLY outdid yourself on turning a potentially epic series into a lame call of duty clone. I've never played crysis 3, and i never intend to, considering the fact that it got an even lower score than this one. I cannot even pretend to understand how bad it is, so i'll stay away from it.

Summary: Realistic physics and graphics downgraded to average shooter material, plot holes, removal of core mechanics. Do yourself a favor and buy crysis 1. It's cheaper, funner, and godlike. If you say crysis 2 is better you don't know what a crysis game is, and shame on you for actually calling it crysis. God i wish you could rate below a zero...
  21. Jan 28, 2014
    A real disappointment to play. The first two installments never failed to make you feel like you were ahead of the curve during gameplay. In this game I felt like I was constantly trying to figure out the storyline, choose weapons, configure controls and graphics. I felt like I was trying to get the game to work properly - all the way to the epilogue.

It really shows that this was
    developed for game-boys. The port to PC just didn't feel right. I started off trying to adjust FOV, and getting my controls set comfortably. The AI was bad, I watched AI enemies chirp and bump and get locked into corners. It really destroyed any chance for immersion.

I found myself spending way too much time with the visor - checking out other weapon mods. It seemed like playing the game was secondary to "collecting award trinkets". The cut-scenes lacked detail of the overall story, and were confusing. I just didn't see how this game tied into the original story line. It was only after finishing the game and reviewing all of the videos, that I got a sense of what the story was. Weird.

I feel badly for all of the people who worked hard on the artwork and other piece elements of the game. The whole package - when put together - was just bad.

I wish I hadn't played this game. Like so many sequels, this one did nothing to enhance the original. But, fortunately, the original is *still* replayable. Whereas this game was a struggle to complete the first time through. I won't be replaying this - and I won't even try the multi-player. I'm going to uninstall immediately and forget about it.
  22. Jan 26, 2014
    Good graphics, and very fun to look at. Overall a horrible storyline, the games lacks a good FPS system.

I didn't find this game fun, it was more of a hassle and the AI is really bad. There are many good FPS games on the PC, this isn't one of them.
  23. Dec 29, 2013
    Not even half as good as the first game. Yet it's better than a lot of other FPS games I've played.
    The main thing I hate about this game is the awfully limited controls.
  24. Dec 21, 2013
    Fancy graphics but pretty much nothing more. Just another linear shooter where you have absolutely no choice on the route that you take. Original Crysis and Crysis Warhead were far better games.
  25. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (0/2)

Pricing (0/2)

Wildcard (0)

26. Nov 13, 2013
    Great game, not as great as first Cyisis but still a great game.
    My only complain about the game is graphics!
    Good, nice and all that but still not as good as it should be. Crysis was a benchmark, Crysis 2 is graphically dumbed down for consoles and that shows up on PC a lot.
  27. Nov 13, 2013
    I really dont know why so many people hates this game so much. Crysis 1 was more innovative, but Crysis 2 is not a bad game at all. Combat and game play is really awesome. Graphic is not bad. Stealth game play got buffed and story is really good.
  28. Nov 12, 2013
    When I first started playing C2, I was really wowed by the graphics and the environment. The destroyed city was really beautiful and I really enjoyed fighting the CELL troopers. However, as the game went on, I began wishing the game would hurry up and end. I was utterly bored and dissatisfied. Here's why.

1. The graphics look awesome, but there's too much repetition. The first
    time I saw a crashed train, I thought it was cool. But later, I started thinking: How many crashed trains ARE there in this city? There were crashed trains EVERYWHERE. I noticed more and more that there was a LOT of that kind of repetition.

2. I've come to the conclusion that they named this game Crysis 2 because they couldn't decide between the more accurate titles of "Left Mouse Button: The Game" and "W: The Game." Once you stop seeing CELL troopers and are faced with simply large numbers of rather stupid (increasingly armored) aliens, you have only two choices. You can armor up and shoot your way through. The problem is that it takes a tediously long time to shoot any aliens. I had aliens that could take two or three sticky grenades and still stay up, and some aliens would just soak up bullet. It was boring. The other alternative was to go stealth and sneak past them. And that doesn't always work because if they get too close, they can see you anyway. Sure, it adds tension, but I was disappointed to find that I wasn't really so stealth.

3. The voice acting in this game is awful. Especially the guy who plays Lockhart with that fake southern accent. It was dumb. The acting was just dumb.

4. The aliens were stupid. The AI was just awful. I saw aliens running around in circles. I had aliens walk RIGHT INTO oncoming fire. I saw aliens run into walls. I saw one alien repeatedly running into the same wall over and over.

This game had so much potential, but so little follow through. Here's what would save this game:
    1. More varied environments. Crashed planes, bodies, actual traffic accidents instead of just a bunch of individually wrecked cars.

2. destructible environment.

3. REAL stealth

4. Reduce the amount of damage it takes to kill aliens. Let me kill them faster. In fact: let them kill ME faster too so that I have more reason to keep to stealth and cover.

5. Better voice actors who can act genuinely and without going over-the-top or using stereotypes.

6. Better AI. Let the aliens use tactics, cover, proper movement etc.

7. Make the overall story more engaging. Why are the aliens attacking? Maybe have some detective work to FIGURE OUT how to defeat the enemy instead of having one lame: "Pull this lever to kill all remaining aliens" nonsense.

This game could have been a lot better.
  29. Nov 12, 2013
    I got it from the Humble Bundle pack, so I didn't pay much for it, but it's a decent game, with an interesting story that kept me playing for several days, although when you read into it a bit more, you will realize just how mentally screwed up the story developer must have been. I'm a bit disappointed, as it didn't have the same "spec-ops military" feel that Crysis and Crysis Warhead had.

Probably the biggest reason my rating is only a six is due to the lack of thought they put into the multiplayer. It highly likens to Call of Duty multiplayer tactics, only with the cheap revised nano-suit 2.0 abilities added in. (If you haven't noticed, i'm not a fan of general FPS games, i'm a hardcore military sim lover, like Arma II)

I think it's worth getting if your a single player fan, but if you want another version of Call of Duty, here it is.
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    Oddly enough, the game that I compare Crysis 2 with the most is F.E.A.R. In both games, you’re given ridiculously overpowered abilities that you use to take on lesser mortals. F.E.A.R. allowed you to slow down time in order to shoot all of your enemies, whereas Crysis provides you with a number of different options for taking out your enemies. The time-slowing powers in F.E.A.R. become a crutch as you constantly slow time in every confrontation in order to kill the bad guys. This becomes repetitive and dull. On the other hand, Crysis will have you using all of your abilities in different ways in many different encounters. The abilities are always exciting to use.
    As expected, the graphics are amazing. I was stunned at how beautiful the game looks, even though I’m playing it in 2013.
    The only downside to the game is the weak storyline. It was hard to follow and not very rewarding. However, I’ve certainly seen worse among the first-person genre.
  31. Nov 3, 2013
    Although painfully uncreative, this game is pretty enjoyable. The graphics are superb and the gameplay is exactly what you would expect. Well, that's the problem. This game does NOT surprise in any way, shape or form. The story is full of overused clichés. I am so tired of high-budget games with this immense lack of creativity. After you finish this game you will feel like you've already played it a bunch of times. Because you have. Expand
  32. Nov 1, 2013
    The story is a mess and I never really felt engaged with it during the game, most of the mission are: get to this checkpoint, flick this switch, etc so nothing new.

Each map section offers a number of possible ways to complete it, I mostly assassinated, silenced headshot and sniped until I was discovered (usually due to an assassination failing for no reason) and then letting rip. The
    other options usually left you over exposed or facing too many enemies at once.

I think if I was to replay I might try to sneak past everyone but I bought this as a shooter not a stealth game. The thing that attracted me to the game was the ability rig a level with explosives, distract a soldier, set off the explosives, kick over cars rip off a M/C gun from a jeep and let rip into the remaining enemies but this type of dynamic play wasn't really possible (or at least not worth the risk and time).

Part of the reason was the level design wasn't set up for this and the enemy AI spotted you for no reason. The balance of assassination vs the 'Tactical Options' was also pretty weak and unrewarding.

The game does look good but I did find enemies walking in walls and other glitches, the enemy AI was also nothing special and as an example they would always go and stand over a dead body so a snipers dream.
  33. Oct 31, 2013
    Solid 7, but not more. Gameplay is repetitive, and i still don't understand why it concentrates so much on Stealth Upgrades, trying to be Hitman. Story is nice. Many locales are recycled. My most disappointment is the shortness: it seems all console based games are aiming at a 10 hour gameplay. Thank you once again, Consoles.
  34. Oct 27, 2013
    While incredibly linear compared to the other games this shooter is still fantastic and a lot of fun. The changed setting of the city destroyed by alien invasion works exceptionally well.
  35. Oct 20, 2013
    A solid FPS which Graphically strong but lacks any real intuitive game play as well as something different. Worth playing if you enjoyed the first and still a solid experience.
  36. Oct 16, 2013
    Overall exciting, fun combat and gameplay. But too much of it feels repetitive. The story is good but the storytelling is not. The game focussed too much on the combat and causes the story to wash away. The nanosuit is simplified if you asked me. You can become both invisible and fast at the same time plus the upgrading features. The controls are great. Just the story. I really like how Bioshock and Half-Life tell their story. Expand
  37. Oct 12, 2013
    el multijugador es algo aceptable, pero el resto del juego no se acerca que lo que era el crysis original, bueno lo único que hay que decir es, que se espera de un juego que intenta copiar tendencias del call of duty.
  38. Oct 5, 2013
    Great game. Fairly fun gameplay, but rather confusing at times. Reminds me a bit of Halo (The Original). The graphics are strong and fit the setting well. The world design its self it descent, but could have used a bit more.
  39. Sep 22, 2013
    This is the angriest I've been about a videogame in a long time. I bought the Humble Origin Bundle BECAUSE this game was in it. When I installed it, which took a while because the installer crashed once and froze about eight times, (I should have picked up on this foreshadowing, because the steam installer has literally never ever crashed for me.) I was treated to the main menu which DEMANDED I create an account before I play the game. I started the campaign up and was treated to a long live-action cutscene that probably would have made sense if I had played the first game (Which, for reasons beyond me, was not included in the bundle) before being treated to a long, semi-interactive cutscene with all manner of fancy water effects that made it lag like crazy. I opened the graphics menu to turn down the settings and this is where things REALLY fell apart. The settings, by default were at High. I opened the drop down menu to find the stupidest list of items I have ever seen in any list ever.

High
    Very High
    Extreme
    Ultra

What the... I don't... WHAT?! Those are my "options?" That's one Hell of a Hobson's choice. I mean really? At no point in this games development did anyone step forward and say "You know, usually you want to include some lower options for people WITHOUT computers from the future." What happened to that man, if he existed? Was he fired on the spot or just bludgeoned to death by his coworker's Alienware computers? I'm sorry, but when your game cruelly mocks anyone who isn't either in possession of a computer science degree or wealthy enough to afford the supercomputer made of diamonds and magic needed to get the processing power to run this "game," what the HELL is it doing in the "HUMBLE" bundle. See that word? It's called the HUMBLE origin bundle. If I had to pick a billion ways to describe Crysis 2, "Humble" would be pretty close to the bottom along with "Fun" and "Worth my time" and the only reason it would be on there at all is because I would run out of equally stupid adjectives.
    Then I made a mistake. I kept playing the game, figuring "Maybe this is like what Deus Ex HR did, where they turn the settings up real high in the beginning and adjust them based on how your computer responds" or something. My hopes were rewarded with another 5 minute cutscene, ANOTHER 5 minute cutscene, a 5 minute load time, and THEN, after around 25 minutes of playing the game, did I actually get to start playing the game. I wake up in a prison cell, take 3 steps, and watch another cutscene.

And then the ACTUAL actual game begins, and I realize that I'm getting between 1 and 5 frames per second just to render a room full of garbage bags and dead bodies that both look equally plastic. I wander through the linear path of shelves for a little while before being asked to jump up onto a ledge. I press space, the game locks up, and I say "screw it" and try to exit. I say try because after a full two minutes of waiting, I was still trying to exit the game before I just opened a task manager and killed it. Apparently Crysis is a zombie game, because Task Manager tried to kill it and nothing happened. It just sat there displaying "90%"CPU usage" for a full extra minute before the game actually exited and when it did, I had to restart my computer anyway because it still showed up in the Processes tab and it was still hungrily munching away at my processing power.

So maybe this is a good game. Maybe this is a great game. Maybe this is the most fun thing anyone will ever play ever. But that doesn't matter because the thing about a game is that to enjoy them, you kind of have to be able to PLAY THEM.

You might say "Yeah but if you looked at the system requirements you should have known the game wouldn't run on that punch card machine you've got there." But here's the thing: I have an okay computer, and not only that, I've run games outside of my system requirements for one main reason:

THEY LET ME TURN THE ****ING GRAPHICS DOWN
  40. Sep 21, 2013
    Crysis 2 beats up its sequel It has scintillating graphics, mindblowing storyline, superb in game mechanics, minority of glitches and many more things. It was a nice experience playing this kind of first person shooters. I was totally stunned with its ending( best ending everrrr of a first person shooter
  41. Sep 7, 2013
    Very nice shooter. Avesome graphics, cool gameplay, nonstandart for FPS beacause nanosuit have speacial abilities, smart AI and good continue story from Crysis 1 to Crysis 2.
  42. Sep 1, 2013
    I loved it on console but on PC it feels like a console port its really not for PC the graphics are good but not processor punishing as Crysis and its not really a PC game
  43. Aug 23, 2013
    A pleasant but very linear FPS experience. Well, not quite as linear as the horrible Battlefield 3, but still quite restricted. Levels are smaller and more narrow in scope. Battle i simplified. Graphics are artistically great but a super high-end system isn't needed. If playing on a real PC be sure to download the DX11 and high-def graphics packages. All in all, the decision from EA/Crytek to dumb down and simplify the game in order to target the console market has set its marks. The story is an interesting followup on the predecessor, but some of the acting (voice and motion capture) is poor in quality. All in all a decent shooter, which is worth completing, but does not live quite up to the hype. Expand
  44. Aug 19, 2013
    Where Crysis 1 was a near unplayable, bug-and-glitch-riddled flop filled with moronic AI and cheap voice acting, this sequel does an amazing job of picking up the pieces and creating something worthwhile. There are still some lingering quirks and ticks that keep it from being a truly great game, but I actually was able to enjoy a few hours of play without having to smash my face into my desk out of frustration. Unfortunately I was never able to finish the original (due to aforementioned bugs and glitches), so it's impossible for me to comment on the story since I had absolutely no idea what was going on half the time. I mean sure, you don't really need a lot of context for killing aliens, but it would have been nice to have some sort of personal references and tie-ins to the overall plot. Being said, the combat is fun with only a couple useless weapons, and I'm a huge fan of the streamlined Suit mechanics and customization. Enemy AI seems to have finally graduated elementary school, and actually provides a working challenge beyond cheap deaths and running in circles. Voice acting has also improved by leaps and bounds, although a lot of the actual dialogue ended up feeling over-the-top and needlessly dramatic. Sadly, for all that was done to fix the series, there isn't much to actually make it feel very special. Combat and gameplay is fun, but that's pretty much were the bill stops. Just fun. Nothing particularly awe-inspiring, and no moments that really stuck with me after the credits rolled. Ultimately, Crysis 2 is a solid shooter, and there are much worse ways to spend a rainy weekend, but if you're wanting something more involved, I suggest looking elsewhere. Expand
  45. Jul 29, 2013
    I found Crysis 2 to be surprisingly linear, repetitive, boring. The middle part is basically killing the same two or three types of enemies over and over again for around six hours, without any variation in gameplay. It is by no means a match to its prequel, the much more enjoyable Crysis. Though it may have excellent graphics and good game mechanics, Crysis 2 suffers from rather dull gameplay, and a near to non existent story. Overall a disappointment for me. Expand
  46. Jul 13, 2013
    This is the best looking game I have seen (2013). It is 'checkpoint' based so you can't save your game anywhere you want. It has some very realistic views of the city. Sometimes you're on top of a building and then looking down the street below is pretty awesome. You can compare weapons on the ground with the ones you are carrying (they have more or less 'stripes' on the screen compared to your current weapon).

Not yet finished but spent quite some hours on it.
  47. May 11, 2013
    one of the best shooters ever!!! the game is really good and unique. the graphics are spectacular. this is one of the best looking games to date. the level desighn is also fantastic. the levels are big, letting you a lot of space to manuver and use different tactics. the size of the levels is perfect. its not linear, but its not as big as the levels in the first game not that the size of the levels in crysis 1 was bad. this game just finds a good balance between open world and linear.) the game also has a lot of spectacular action sequences ever. because the game isnt as open as in crysis 1, there is much more action. the action isnt boring mediocore call of duty action, this is much better action that shouldnt be missed. the story starts good but then it slows down a bit. after the first half of the game the story starts getting really epic and great and you really feel like you should do your objectives( im avoiding spoilers but the objectives are great). the game also has epic soundtracks and audio. the soundtracks are from the best i have ever heard. the sound desighn and sound effects are also top notch and sound really realistic and amazing!!!!!! the AI isnt so good. some times its great and smart but some times it has some problems.
    overall this is a super epic game!!!!!!!! again, this is one of the best shooters ever!!!!!! buy it!!!!!!!
  48. May 9, 2013
    Despite all of its flaws and the lack of graphical improvements over the original Crysis, I rather enjoyed Crysis 2. Nothing amazing or unforgettable, just a very decent game that I would definitely recommend picking up in a steam sale.
  49. May 3, 2013
    As a sequel, the game isn't exactly what I expected it to be. The story, plot and others are great, but is not what we've been expecting. As a sequel to Crysis, I though the game will feature again Nomad in his next journey, but I got something totally unexpected. Crysis 2 is not a bad game, but it strongly feels like an independent game, rather than a sequel. From open-world to...well... linear gameplay from what I experienced, but is not bad, it certainly has great things, the new Ceph aliens and the CELL antagonist are looking, sound and behave very good.

The game features as well brand new characters and villains, such as Nathan Gould, the evil CELL corporation, so it has potential, also the nanosuit's improvements are welcome, such as the upgrade modules, and also features new game play mechanics and weapons.

The inclusion of the Manhattan Virus is interesting, and the goal to find a cure for it is great as well.

The graphics and the level design are looking very good too, and the unexpected missions, surprises and ending really make it a memorable experience.

But unfortunately, unlike it's predecessor, the game lacks any boss fights, which in the original where gorgeous, cinematic, and intense.

So as a final verdict, the new Crysis is more linear, and misses to immortalize some stuff(such as boss fights I mentioned up, and others) to make it be more interesting, but the game even so has a good replay value, interesting story and characters, and game play.
  50. Mar 10, 2013
    If you're a fan of the first Crysis....then this game is not for you.
    The sandbox element has been pretty much completely stripped away. No silly things that made the last game so fun.
    Not only that, but the suit is also very stripped down, only leaving your the option of either using Stealth or Armor mode, aka "Go kill enemies without them seeing you and recharging behind a wall every
    10 seconds" or "Go kill enemies like you would in any other shooter except that you can make yourself invinsible for a few seconds". And why the does regular sprinting take off suit energy? It makes the game unnecessarily sluggish.
    The game is a whole lot more linear and narrowed down compared to the first Crysis, which makes it pretty much feel like every other military FPS. Granted, levels do grant a little more freedom than most other games, but not by a whole lot. The game especially takes a huge dip mid-game where you stick with the military. It's pretty much just Call of Duty with a robot as the main protagonist.
    The story is even more bland and confusing than the one from Crysis 1. This is mainly due to the fact that now, we have a silent protagonist that just gets orders and some dialogue from the nano suit, where as Crysis 1 at least had the protagonists show some reactions like fear or shock.
    I guess multiplayer needs to be mentioned since it got its own bunch of trailers. It's functional, but it's very slow because of the sprint mechanic. Thankfully the sequel fixes this.
    Overall I wouldn't call this a bad game but I just didn't have the same amount of fun as I did with the first Crysis.
  51. Mar 10, 2013
    Crysis 2 is not a terrible game but it is underwhelming. My main gripe with the first game was that it wasn't open enough to really show off the impressive graphics. The second game is while not linear much less open than the original. And the game is also restricted to a city that really doesn't do the graphics engine justice. The story is also not as good as I would've wanted it to be it's not very original and never manages to build any real momentum. Probably the biggest disappointment for me is the suit-powers. There are only two now and they do not provide any strategical variety.
    The multi-player is a step-up but not very good either. It rips off other games and doesn't do anything new. The number of weapons availble is staggeringly low and they mostly feel the same. The balancing is abysmal and connection problems ruin a lot of what can be relatively fun.
  52. Mar 3, 2013
    Cool linear shooter. Not taking the series in the right direction but really solid for an "A to B" game.

GameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGameGame
  53. Feb 28, 2013
    This is my favourite FPS of last 10 years, with Half-Life 2, Far Cry 3 and Bioshock 1. This is one of the most underrated and snubbed games of these years. Ok, it has some bugs (1 time I had to reset the game due to suddenly immobility of my character), and AI is not great, but this game is actually great. I love the variety of situations. It's stimulant and entertaining. It's not the usual FPS in tunnels and on rails. You have many approaches to choose for every scenario. The plot is not epic, but not so bad. From many years I wasn't playing on 2:00 am and I think "ok, another checkpoint and then I go to bed". This for many times in one night :D The sounds is great, with excellent weapon sounds and a good ost. Longevity is also good (it took me 12 hours on average difficulty). After I played some overrated (IMO) shooters like Borderlands and Spec Ops, this was great. Expand
  54. Feb 26, 2013
    I got this as a addon to Crysis 3. So I only paid 20usd for it. Is it worth that? Very poor port from boxer's again. Crytek was hallowed ground a few years back. Then they sold out to EAsucks and lost all respect. And then to further their shame they write Crysis 2 on a console base. Terrible controls, X-box graphics, lag, and runs like crap! Gameplay is awful, like all xbox crap. If Crysis 3 is anything like this I will just plain give up on gaming! Expand
  55. Feb 26, 2013
    EA claims that Nanosuit vs. Aliens and PMC is the sequel of the legendary Crysis 1. We need a reboot now! Ofcourse without EA! Crytek please read this and start thinking about your future! Do you want to be a generic FPS mill? Get out of EA while people still care about your games!
  56. Feb 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I generally play games for their story and the presentation thereof. After playing through Crysis, I sank a lot of time into it because the story kept wanting me to keep going and see how things turned out. The game even ended on a cliffhanger, with Psycho piloting a VTOL with Helena Rosenthal and Nomad aboard flying back to the island after taking down a hulking alien warship, with Nomad saying the closing remarks with "We know how to beat them." I was itching to play Crysis 2 as soon as I could to see what happens next with Nomad and friends.

However...as soon as I started up Crysis 2, I was immediately misled as the game jumps three years forward, playing a now-mute protagonist apparently named Alcatraz. I immediately wondered about Nomad. Wasn't he about to kick some alien butt back on the Lingshan Islands? Not this time, according to the sudden twist that Crytek apparently authorized in a friggin' *comic book series* which bridges the gap between Crysis and its sequel. It would seem that Crytek was quick to dump a character that I assume a lot of fans loved, made apparent by the plot summaries of the comic's six issues that I read online. Basically, Nomad's VTOL is shot down the moment they get back to the island. They meet up with Prophet who explains the aliens killed Aztec and Jester because they were trying to communicate by tapping into the nanosuits. Further venturing into the alien technology somehow transports them to the outer planets, particularly a moon orbiting Jupiter. They return to Earth shortly after but discover that somehow they came back 18 hours before even going to space. Prophet even tells his past self everything that happened so that events can still play out exactly as they happened. It's also revealed that Prophet's not really with the Army; he's actually a "private-sector mole" placed in Delta Force by his employer, Jacob Hargreave, the co-founder of the company that made the nanosuits. So instead of a soldier, Prophet's actually a veteran security guard/spy for one of the largest corporations in the world, CryNet (another play-on of the developer's name). They contact a boat to pick them up, but it fires on them as soon as it arrives, killing Helena instantly. Eventually, just to cut to the end, Nomad takes a rocket meant for Prophet and Psycho and dies.

Talk about some of the worst writing I've ever seen!! A lot of the stuff in the comics after playing the first game doesn't make sense in relation to the gameplay from the game. How can Nomad die from a single rocket but the North Korean Nano-soldiers in the game can take at least 3 before getting killed?! Why, after so long playing the game, would the developers give players hope that maybe Nomad would have a chance at beating the aliens right there on the island just to have him fail miserably in the follow-up comics (which I would assume almost nobody's even heard of)? And why was Crytek so eager to write off their star hero? I'd like to think that a lot of fans would have loved to see Nomad's triumphant return, heading back to a now-frozen island ready to face the aliens head-on. He had such personality and character development as the game went on, even saying what's on his mind about the mission at hand.

Not the way Crytek sees it. Instead, the comics pretty much retconned everything that happened from the first game so they can start fresh over with Crysis 2. And boy, does the sophomore syndrome suck. From the beginning, I was surprised, shocked, and a little confused at handling a new character who pretty much never speaks like he's the Crytek version of Gordon Freeman (up until the end, that is). There are major plot holes in the story. How the hell did the aliens overrun Earth so quickly? And why are they using biological warfare instead of just destroying everything in sight and take the world by military conquest? A lot of things don't add up in Crysis 2, especially the streamlined gameplay. Gone is the open-world feature that was presented in the previous game, replaced by linear, scripted, CoD-like missions that scream "console game" (not to mention running into damn annoying invisible walls), something that the first title thankfully didn't have. Also, the quick save/load system and graphics-tweaking options were dropped, especially saving. If I'm so far ahead in a level and I die, it puts me back to the last "checkpoint" I hit, making the last 15-20 minutes of progress a big waste of time. I actually don't care so much about the graphics as I do with the story. Dumping the events of the previous game was probably one of the dumbest moves a developer like Crytek could do. People loved Nomad!! His vocal input during the game really let the players connect to him. And now we're left with a bland, near-mute nobody named after a prison island-turned-museum in the San Francisco Bay. The major story overhaul, controls that feel like a console port, and line-of-sight bugs really hurt the game.
  57. Feb 17, 2013
    In short this is Crysis, dumbed down and shrunk down. That saying, less separate suit modes, mostly degraded graphics and very small environments, almost making it a corridor shooter. Why do I give it an 8? Well, because it's still Crysis, you still get to kill aliens (although different aliens, nothing in common with those of Crysis 1) while wearing quite a badass suit and save the world. Basically every aspect of the game is a bit worse than of the original the plot is separate from Crysis 1, with only a few references, the characters are bland and stereotypical and the AI is dumber. (expect aliens inspecting walls carefully or running in circles) Speaking about multiplayer, it changed its genre while the first one is Battlefield with Nanosuits, this one is Call of Duty with Nanosuits. Not like it's bad, but I got bored of it quite soon. And while dropping the bar set by the first Crysis, this still manages to be a good game, quite close to being a great one. High hopes on Crysis 3. Expand
  58. Feb 14, 2013
    ONE HELLLL!!!! of a game.......amazing graphics amazing audio quality and most of all AMAZZZINGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! storyline......i cant believe some people voted it a bad game.....while they can easily play Call of Duty,Halo,Battlefield.......
  59. Feb 12, 2013
    I've just finished the game at the hardest difficulty and AI was a complete disappointment, after Cevat Yerli's comments on it, "the most sophisticated AI you'll ever see in a video game." Sadly no, AI was a disaster. Cloak mode and armor mode of your nanosuit are your biggest helpers in the game, and with them, "Post-Human Warrior" difficulty was no match. Enemies and allies, all comporting strange... Crysis 3 will be an improvement on this I hope.

Scenario: Well, the story was good honestly, being compared to most FPS. Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds and Arnold Schwarzannager's Predator are big inspirations for the writers of this game, definitely. The story takes place after 3 years of the Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead. To be able to understand it completely, you have to pay full attention to the in-game dialogues and watch entire of the Prophet's Visions videos, which are available in unlockable section in main menu. Otherwise you'll be confused with big gaps on the fiction, therefore you may not like the story. It's like a puzzle. My only criticism here to Crytek might be the bad presentation of it. And if you don't like the science-fiction/aliens genre, this is not your game.

Crytek also appointed a science-fiction writer to write a novel, thay may help studying the story in a wider perspective. Lastly, Crysis Wikia will be enough to "veneer" your knowledge of Crysis universe, especially the page of Jacob Hargreave.

And even though the game imposes the usual alien invasion theme, Nanotechnology is an important research are in 21st century, so I kinda like it how they built the story of the nanosuit and its capabilities on it. A huge potential area to tell a story, via a game.

Gameplay: My biggest concern on the gameplay was "spawning enemies". Yeah, when you're beating the game on the hardest difficulty, spend your 30 minutes to clear a part of the map with huge effort, and after all seeing spawning enemies out of nowhere is not a nice experiment.

So FFS Crytek, drop spawning enemies from your future games.

There's no savegame function, but that's okay. My only complaint about it is the long time periods between the checkpoints. Dying after a large progression can take you back to a so early portion, which can ruin your gaming and enthusiasm.

Lastly, about the "Nanosuit Improvement" part... You can access this part by pressing H in-game. You're granted catalyst point by killing Cephs throughout the game, the with enough accumulation, you can buy some cools improvements. But some of these improvements are so pointless. For example, de-cloaking your invincible enemies... There were only 4 invincible enemies in the game, all of them were in the last mission, at the last part of it. Which took 1 minute for me to kill them all. Unlocking this feature took 16000 catalyst points, which was also the most expensive feature of all.

What were you thinking Crytek? Have you released the game without being finished? With the distributor being Electronic Arts, that's a high possibility. EA is known for putting stress on the developers to release unfinished products in a pushed calendar.

Musics composed by Hans Zimmer, who's known for his works in movies like Batman Trilogy, Rain Man, Gladiator, vice versa. The Main Theme was perfect.

Graphics are already critically acclaimed.

So 10 points for visuals, 10 points for sound effects and musical score.

And my overall score for Crysis 2 is 8/10 with all pros and cons summed up.

Post Script: I haven't tried the multiplayer experience, I'll give it a shot when Crysis 3 hits.
  60. Feb 4, 2013
    Crysis 2 has a solid story, and a fun and some-what lengthy solo campaign. The FPS and game-play mechanics are quite fun and interesting, which are basically that of Crysis/Crysis: Warhead with a little bit of cleaning to the clunky controls. Along with a different assortment of weaponry and Nanosuit augmentations (basically acting as a small "talent" type system to allow the player to customize his/her Crysis experience), is just what Crysis 2 needed to add some edge from the previous game(s) but not totally change the Crysis you know and love. I have not played the multi-player, but from what I hear it is decent. (sorry! D: )

Graphics! CryEngine 3 is a marvel of video game engineering. With stunning ambient lighting and particle effects, realistic physics engines, along with a great attention to detail, makes this game look like you are personally playing the role of a real life Nanosuit Warrior! **Do be warned: stunning graphics means a well built machine! (Although the lowest settings can be handled by most systems)**

And in response to those who claim that "...it is too easy to just activate stealth mode and walk past everyone", well my response is as follows: "If one does not think it is fun to activate stealth mode and sneak by everyone (which I would agree, it is not fun), then simply don't do it!". Use your gun, you are not forced to sneak by anyone! Please do not put down a game because you choose to play it in a dis-satisfactory way. I utilize both the stealth and the armor enhancements, that combined with the harder difficulties provides a sufficient challenge, which allows you to have that classic Crysis feel of being a bad*** commando.
  61. Feb 2, 2013
    Game Chronicles was definitely right to give it 99. Crysis 2 is generally the best games of all time, about #5 EA made the abandoned city really stand out and nice settings give it away. For now the best Crysis.
  62. Jan 28, 2013
    A good sequel. However I'm not really thrilled about the amount of urban warfare. It gets old playing in rubble hours after hours. But my biggest issue is with the saving system. Saving checkpoints suck. Especially after you've been working in an area for 10 minutes and get blown away. I'd like to start back up where I died, not at the beginning of the level. Characters are not exciting. You are constantly moving around NY like a rat following the radio messages of people you don't see or know. Haven't found any bugs. But it doesn't feel like the first time I played Crysis 1 Expand
  63. Jan 28, 2013
    This game it's a perfect game for the ones that know how to play it.I finish it a lot of times and every-time in another way,i am a true gamer and i know how to take everything from a good game like this.Best game I ever played!
  64. Jan 11, 2013
    Users blames the game for it's poor graph and lack of intresting story. Well they are right. It looks like a potent child who met some street kids and lost his purpose. In a current state it is not a shooter and not a casual browser game but hey 4 of 10? Are you serious? Developers tried at least to give you some feel of real action - motion blur, ironsight, withered colors... They really was about to give you some good experience.

In other hand AI worse than specops's from Half-life and most of the game may be done without a single suit upgrade. The plot is pure **** and there a lot of bugs... Yeah this game is a lost child so let's hope next time developers get more luck.
  65. Jan 7, 2013
    Firstly, graphics are good. Goes without saying, it's a Crysis game, on the CRYTEK engine. If it had bad graphics, I'd be surprised. Secondly, the sound is HORRIBLE. for some reason one side of my headset always seems louder than the other. Now, I have a Surround Sound Headset and once I ran into this, I ran a few tests before I realized it was Crysis (not the headset) that was doing this. Story: I'd warn that I might be giving spoilers about the plot, but I'm not exactly sure WHAT the plot is beyond ALIENS BAD, Humans... Occasionally Bad. It appears that there are aliens again, but they bear literally NO resemblance to the aliens from the first Crysis, but from what I understand, they are the same. Also, there's some sort of plague unleashed by the aliens that is sort of explained away but left me wondering. I'm fairly certain, the plague exists only as a PLOT DEVICE to not only give a reason as to why New York was so empty, but to give the player the Exo-suit 2.0 thing because the original user is infected.

As far as game-play, it seems a little bit "backwards", dumbing down the previous system by more than a little bit. Now, you have 3 "modes" on your suit. You have Max Armor, Stealth, and Normal. Max Armor doesn't really "slow" you down beyond removing the sprint ability, and while it makes you fairly resistant to the energy weapons the aliens use, it doesn't do much against their melee attacks (more on this later). The stealth allows you to move around completely invisible, and even lets you fire a few shots before decloaking if you have a silencer. This makes the sniper rifle devastating, and worth keeping in your inventory at all times.

Something that did sort of piss me off game-play wise, is that when transition between "areas" (which are more like combinations between straight line corridors and slightly open spaces) you lose ALL your weapons. Now, this normally wouldn't be bad, except that literally moments later, the same weapons you had are nearby sitting on top of boxes with C4, and grenades, literally re-equipping you. So I ask, WHY TAKE THE WEAPONS AWAY? It's literally a waste of time for you to clear my inventory, then force me to walk around an enemy-free zone for 2 minutes recollecting it all.

Another "new" aspect of the suit is an upgrade system for the actual suit. You can use alien DNA that you collect to "Buy" new upgrades literally FROM your own suit to enhance it. However, most of these upgrades don't do much to change game-play, or don't seem to work (I had one to show bullet pathing that didn't work, and one that alerted me to enemy proximity that also didn't work). Maybe I just didn't turn them on or use them, but I played through twice before writing this, and no one in the game said anything about how to use the add-ons.

To me, this game is a huge disappointment. Especially if you compare it to the previous games. They dumbed down the suit abilities, added an "upgrade" system, and focused the plot around how awesome your suit is, how it will save the world, and how you need to get it back to some dude so he can have a science boner. The story has NOTHING to do with the previous game, and it doesn't even look like your fighting the same aliens. While there are some fun moments of game-play, this doesn't feel like a Crysis game to me, and I do not recommend it at all. Well, maybe if it's super cheap on steam, but I wouldn't want anyone to pay more than $15 for it.
  66. Dec 29, 2012
    This game has high 'box appeal'. In other words, based off the trailer, screenshots and the hype, I had substantial expectations as I first booted up the game. Initially, it's very interesting. The first few hours you learn how to use various skills, like invisibility or armor sheild (you basically transform into a bulletproof rock). In addition to night/heat vision. These are all very cool and useful skills when fighting aliens... EXCEPT; after about a day of playing this, I very quickly lost interest. The game is quite linear, attacking or extracting various points... and the characters abilities grew very boring and overpowered. Basically, you go in guns blasting, then turn into a rock, then dissapear... Rinse, repeat. I played ~7hrs of Crysis2 before I uninstalled it. Personally, I did not care much for it. Yes the graphics were nice, Gameplay was not. Expand
  67. Dec 23, 2012
    Let's get one thing straight: Crysis 2 is, in fact, more linear and less open world than Crysis. However, don't let this deter you from this amazing experience of a game. Many Crysis fans find Crysis 2 to be a disappointment, but that is primarily because they expected a game that would follow the same formula as the first Crysis. This is not the case, Crysis 2 changes its formula a bit and becomes a less open, more linear game. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it is just different. Crysis 2 still delivers beautifully in combat, storytelling, and graphics. You may have to look a little deeper than usual if you want to fully understand the story, but to some people (me included) that is part of the fun. Crysis 2 is not a better or worse experience than Crysis 1, it is just different. That being said, It will suite different people accordingly. So don't be surprised if you see Crysis 1 fans bashing Crysis 2 - this means nothing. They got a great game, they have just blinded themselves with frustration because they didn't get the exact game they were hoping for. Most of the negative reviews on here are just angry Crysis fanboys who probably made a Metacritic account for the sole purpose of telling everyone they hated this game. Don't take what they say seriously, they never gave the game a chance to begin with. Expand
  68. Dec 21, 2012
    well i am disappointed by the game.graphics of the are definitely good but graphics are not everything.gameplay is totally average.type of enemies ,well u can count exactly(3-4) thats it.
    game is repititive throughout.while playing it just seems like any other first person shooter.
    the game is set in future but the weapons shown are not that advanced.
    To be straight the game lacks the
    fun element in it. Expand
  69. Dec 18, 2012
    Another disappointment. wasn't worth the 10 dollars I paid on steam. When are they gonna learn that QuickTime events are stupid. This game felt very cheap and was a bore to play till the end. A must miss.
  70. Dec 8, 2012
    Crysis was a very good game, because it was the first of its genre to had its own style. A slow-paced genre combined with fast gameplay. Ok, it's the same on Crysis 2, BUT THAT'S THE POINT: Crysis 2 is just the same as Crysis, with DEGRADED graphics! Crysis 2 has nothing new and innovative from its predecessor. The game can be completed in a short time and the plot is not so good. Also, what is this DLCs story? Am I supposed to pay other money just to get some new weapons to the game? You have to release the game with all this stuff included with it, not with a separate package which costs even more money! Expand
  71. Dec 4, 2012
    The game is nice itself, but technical problems just didnt allow me to play normally. First, the game can't connect to Internet for multiplayer and advices me to check connection every time. Second, the screen has thick black borders when it runs in the resolution of my monitor (1980*1020). All other games on my computer don't have such problems. And last (but not least) - there isn't any technical support. I could not find where I could send a request for support on their site. Links lead only to forums, FAQs and so on. Expand
  72. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2 is a disappointment. It's linear and repetitive. The story is confusing. I asked to myself: Who the hell is Alcatraz? Why he is the chosen one to kill the aliens? ... At least it's graphically fantastic, and It has It's fun parts, but the repetitiveness and the linearity of Crysis 2 broke the game. The multiplayer is frustrating in this game. In multiplayer, every player is able to be invisible. Literally, in every multiplayer match the players spend 85 % of time being invisible, and killing enemies without being detected. The players use invisibility so much in a match, that can be frustrating as hell dying from an invisible enemy. Crysis 2 is average. (6.7) Expand
  73. Nov 13, 2012
    First off, let's me just say that NOBODY should be buying Crysis 2 or any Crysis for that matter for the best Multiplayer experience, it isn't, it never was, and I don't think that is the intention, Crysis is about the campaign, and that is where Crysis delivers. It isn't the best story line, and the characters aren't all that interesting, but this game is really fun to play, and I think that is all that counts, some will complain about the story, to them I say if you want a good story watch a movie, others will talk about the graphics, go to an art museum, this game is really fun to play on campaign, the multiplayer is pretty much a Call of Duty on steroids so don't expect much from that. Expand
  74. Nov 5, 2012
    Outstanding graphics, reallystic gameplay and finish. I dont have more good words for this game, the history is at least disapointed, boring, worst than the first game
  75. Oct 25, 2012
    Got this for £8.98 last week. I was really looking forward to it after completing the first game but this game is very poor in comparison. Graphics are good (no better than 1 - but good) but the main issue here is that the freedom and tactical level has been completely wiped out. It's now as "on rails" as single player Call of Duty. If one of the main reasons you loved 1 was the freedom you had to do things "your way" - then this game is going to really disappoint you. Expand
  76. Oct 17, 2012
    I have probably played through the original Crysis four times. Something about the exploration of that environment and the pitch perfect carnage is a rare find in the gaming landscape. Warhead did little to change the formula, but hey, it didn't changing. This game gets crucified for being linear and too similar to the call of duty model of the modern FPS. Except that each encounter is so damn exciting, I found a constant desire to keep chasing the endgame. Something I do miss, even if it is a trivial sort of thing - the unarmed tricks you could pull in crysis 1 (Speed dashing into a guard, bowling him over, or simply never firing a gun while on foot) are just about impossible in this game. This is a gun-heavy game, and I have come to terms with this new age. The giant mechs are just fantastic and taking them down is a challenge, especially on delta difficulty. I replayed this recently after picking up on steam for $10 and I REGRET NOTHING! Expand
  77. Oct 10, 2012
    Shame that I don't base reviews on just graphics alone, otherwise this would definetely get a 10. However, don't let that scare you, assuming you buy it from steam trading, you can get it for 15 bucks, a great deal.
  78. Sep 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2, while not a perfect game, does a whole lot of things right. First and foremost is the graphics engine. Now, some PC "enthusiasts" might complain that the graphics aren't up to par with the previous generation, but the only issue I've seen is lower texture quality Expand
  79. Sep 9, 2012
    Crysis 2 may be a great sequel, but It's a disappointment. Not because is bad, actually, Crysis 2 is great, but It have lost the "Crysis" feeling. However, It's pure fun. It haves some new cool things to do, like, climb buildings easily. And the new Nanosuit is fantastic. The graphics aren't memorable as Crysis's graphics, but, It technically shines with CryEngine 3. But, Crysis 2 disappoint me while not being a real "Crysis", and while it haves a dumb AI. I recommend this, but Crysis fans, such as me, may be disappointed. 85 out of 100 Expand
  80. Aug 31, 2012
    I haven't got a single thing to complain about the graphical side. Maybe the art direction was a bit bland, but damn, it's pretty. Controls are great.
    It's still a stepdown from glorious Crysis, taking away the freedom and replacing it for a more linear experience.
    Get it on a sale.
  81. Aug 20, 2012
    After loving Crysis few years ago I was really disappointed and shocked with this one :( I was expecting truly awesome game and didn't get nothing except decent graphics.

1) Singleplayer is probably most boring ever. You walk around and every 10 seconds few enemies appear which you must shoot. And lika that for few hours. 2) Multiplayer is sometimes fun, but in competition with BF and
    other games don't have chance. With all that not really worth to play! Expand
  82. Aug 19, 2012
    I bought Crysis 2 just for the graphics, which are pretty amazing when you get DX11 and High-Res textures. But CryEngine 2 has a somewhat Unreal Tournament 3 kind of look which isn't promising. Lighting isn't as vivid as I expected either. In terms of gameplay, the single player campaign is very dull, bland and generically unfascinating, especially when compared to Far Cry. It's not bad, but not great or anything special at all. Multiplayer is more promising, offering a standard multiplayer but with "perks" which mostly act as nanosuit enhancements. It's a difficult and quite different multiplayer to CoD due to the nanosuit which has stealth, armor and nanovision. But if you wish you can play a gun-on-gun game which is EXTREMELY slow due to the stupid movement speed. The gunplay is pretty average however it is satisfying. Sniping isn't overpowered at least, but it is slightly underpowered due to the very slow rate of fire. There aren't many weapons too choose from, and it's not an overcomplicated multiplayer but not oversimplified like a free game either. Killstreaks are balanced since you have to go up to an enemy and pick up their tag to earn them. They are direct copy of CoD4; 3 gets you radar, 5 airstrike and 7 an attack helicopter. Overall the game excels in nothing but graphics. It's a pretty face but not particularly engaging or intense like Far Cry. However it isn't hideous so if you're after a visual treat then I highly recommend it. Expand
  83. Aug 17, 2012
    [Crysis2 / Steam PC / Score 10] This is a great Action game with a genuine blend of pure stealth sequences followed by hectic Arena style run and gun. As a follow up story to Crysis&Warhead be advised that Crysis2 is a different game; not better or worse - just different. While the first games had much more open environments Crysis 2 shapes your path from one battle Arena to the next. Use of the Stealth suit with all of its functions is again the key to getting anything done and this is a lot of Fun. Two thumbs up to Crytek - I will play all of your games from now on. Released by Crytek / EA 2011.03 and played 18 months later. [DRM] Steam only and I did not have to create an account with EA [Story] As a soldier you battle the Aliens and the military-industrial complex mercs (yada yada yada) survive to save the day (you are the hero). The story details are cohesive and lightly engaging - and mostly do not get in the way of shootin : ) [Challenges] Move from one scenario to the next and experience the very well designed battle Arenas that provide many opportunities to play Your style of a fight - as long as you keep moving. Each weapon has its own mechanics and learning each one is part of the game; some are frustratingly slow - as is usual for higher powered weapons. AI is generally weak on attention span and quite forgiving when you stealth - but there are often so many opponents that you can be overrun. On normal difficulty I was reloading regularly - and that is ok....it forced me to learn and adapt. The game saves at waypoints and it works out just fine - it allows you to stay in the game and stops you from creep-saving. The HUD has a huge amount of information - daunting at first but very useful once you have the groove. The only RPG element is upgrading the stealth suit - and the most useful upgrades can be had for little experience. I did not upgrade the suit to its maximum and still got through the game OK - again the skill is really You mastering the suite of suit skills, the HUD and the timing. [Game time] 20 hrs. To really appreciate this game you will want to replay and try different tactics - and let me mention that you get to use your upgraded suit from the first play - Sweet! [Hollywood Production] Everything about this game is big Big BIG - audio, graphics and game mechanics. The combined information load is very high; I had to take breaks. I always play with headphones: The music was grandiose but not that remarkable - maybe that is personal to me. I was able to remap keys easily and they correctly showed up in the on-screen instructions. [Play Crysis2] if you are a seasoned FPS dog or you enjoyed the originals Crysis&Warhead. [MyPC] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8Gig RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / G15 / ExpertMouse. [MyFavorites] [PC Win7] TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&Crysis2 JustCause2 Rage [PC XP] DeuxExHumanRevolution&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed1 Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] DeusExMachina ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964 Expand
  84. Aug 7, 2012
    This game is the most epic game of 2011. I played this for the first time a year ago, when someone uploaded a pirated beta version and I downloaded it just to see how the game is. That version was buggy in an annoying way. That was in a time where the multiplayer demo was live. This game is super epic. The campaign is huge, the multiplayer is addictive and epicly epic, and.... well, this game is a must-have for all fps lovers. End! Expand
  85. Aug 4, 2012
    Crysis 2 leaves mixed impressions. On the one hand, it all perfectly. Cool graphics, extraordinary gameplay, perfect control. On the other hand, all this has already been! In 2007, during the release of the first Crysis.
  86. Jul 24, 2012
    After playing the original Crysis, I expected a lot from this game and ended up disappointed. The problem isn't that Crysis 2 is bad game, but rather that it's just not that great, which makes it stack up poorly against it's predecessor. The graphics have been toned down to make them suitable for consoles, which makes them fairly unimpressive on a PC. Like the first game, this also suffers in the storyline/characters department: there is a big gap between these events and those of the first game (which is never made very clear), the new story is not all that compelling, and the characters are just as dull. What this games does right, however, is make you feel like you're in a hellish apocalyptic city, make you feel the extreme desperation of the crumbling human civilization. There are also some gameplay improvements, such as removable turrets (don't need that .50 cal machine gun now? rip it off the truck and carry it with you for later!), suit upgrades, and stealth melee kills. The nanosuit's powers have also been streamlined, which offers ups and downs: you no longer have to switch modes to move large objects or jump high, but they now drain suit energy faster. Overall, I think this game is worth playing. In my experience it took awhile for me to get into it, but once I did I found it plenty fun and really enjoyed the feeling of fighting alien armies in a crumbling NYC. Expand
  87. Jun 20, 2012
    I so enjoyed this game from the opening sequence to the end credits. Finally being able to use the nano in such a fluid way was great fun. Looking forward to number 3.
  88. Jun 19, 2012
    Crysis 2 It's a great sequel, but not an excellent one. I really had a great experience with this game, but It could be so much better if the enemy artificial intelligence was better, and the multiplayer was slightly more rewarding. But, this sandbox game is really fun, but It could be better.
  89. Jun 10, 2012
    The game gives you stunning new graphics (thanks to Cry Engine 3) and an astounding gameplay. Though the game lacks the vigor and feel of the original Crysis, it is still better than most of the the First Person Shooter games that have been recently released.
  90. May 20, 2012
    The game play mechanics in my opinion are much better then Crysis 2, but the story so far as I played feels like the boring and sickening Bioshock 2, you get a character that does not speak, which usually isn't a bad thing, some games can have that and make the game really good, like call of duty 4 modern warfare.

But Bioshock 2 and Crysis 2 make it look like the character should say
    something or point something out, it just scratches at your mind when you're just thinking is "OH MY GOD JUST SAY SOMETHING", not that i want anything forced but what was wrong with Nomad speaking in Crysis 1? (original protagonist played) It wasn't amazing dialogue but it wasn't bad it was enjoyable that your character was communicating with people, and there is hardly anyone in this game to have any such as an interaction with, making the games overall direction feel shallow and boring, to me it's a better bioshock 2 only because the game play is better.
    The game play is good, in my opinion it's better than Crysis 1 because each suit function feels a bit more worked out, at least the stealth option is a big improvement, normally I just used it for running and hiding in the first game but now it has better function.
    But the game play can't and I repeat CAN'T overshadow the story of the game because the game play is just "good" not "excellent".

So what we have here is a terrible story with good game play, it's a better Bioshock 2 in a nut shell.
  91. May 19, 2012
    Let's see the awards for this game: The Best Technical Graphics of 2011, The Best semi-sandbox game of 2011. These two awards are deserved to Crysis 2, because It's an outstanding game that is semi-sandbox (you can go everywhere, but you need to follow the objectives). Technical graphics are stunning, and the physics is more realistic than ever. CryEngine 3 really did a great job for the graphics, and CryTek made an outstanding job by balancing single player and multiplayer. Expand
  92. May 18, 2012
    Most people who gave this game a 0 have probably never played this game or never considered giving it a serious review. If you really spent 60 bucks and also invested a considerable amount of hours into this game, you will most likely not give it a 0 and say how much it sucks. You may not like parts of it, but no matter you dislike some elements of this game, it doesn't warrant a 0, does it? For one, yes the CryEngine 3 has been optimized for consoles, but that doesn't really make it a bad game does it? Why would anyone be ignorant enough to claim PC as superior over consoles is beyond me. As for the game itself, you can't really focus on a single element and spin a whole story out of that. The game is a package, comprised of the graphics, AI, game play mechanics, sound, presentation and most importantly, did you have fun playing this game? Isn't that what it all boils down to? Whether or not you had a good time playing a video game? If you genuinely had a blast playing this game then it's a good game for "you". I would bet that if the setting remained as a Jungle, there would probably be a bunch of people whining about how this game didn't change or that it's the same old boring setting, why can't people try new things? The Good: The Nano Catalyst system is unique that it gives the player a feeling of purpose when they gun down an enemy Ceph, it's akin to collecting loot off of fallen enemies in traditional RPG games, loot that you can use to upgrade yourself. The enemy AI is considerably well done (depending on your level of difficulty), you feel a genuine sense of variance when fighting the Ceph or the C.E.L.L PMC. The C.E.L.L soldiers uses formations and fights in a coordinated manner. They communicate to each other and uses flanking tactics to overwhelm you. The enemies will also stay in proximity of each other so that trying to break stealth and pick them off one by one can be difficult at times. The Ceph employs a different tactic and uses their agile mobility to their advantage. It's like fighting Zerglings that dash at you with extreme speed. Of course, there are heavy type enemies from both factions, and taking down those behemoths requires careful planning but also rewarding. The graphics are genuinely pleasing to the eye, even with a pretty outdated specs, I could still turn the settings on max and enjoy the brilliant lighting system. The motion blur adds a sense of realism but also simulates how our retinas perceive our surroundings. The music is amazing, sounds kinda creepy at first, but your mind eventually associates it with the game in a brand like fashion. It is also different than the traditional symphonies that most current FPS employs. The multilayer is a also a treat in itself. It may seem complex at first, given that a player have to keep track of when and how to use Armor Mode, Cloaking and his own energy level AS WELL AS his/her enemies using these same abilities. The nanosuit along with the Mirror Edge like parkour moves adds different layers of strategy and play style to what seems to be another "COD" clone. The BAD: There are some minor graphic/AI glitches that kinda take away the immersion. For example, one C.E.L.L merc threw a grenade then proceeded to run continuously against a wall until I got behind him. Unoccupied vehicles remain on your mini map as a potential enemy. Unless it is destroyed, you will always have a sense of false pretense that there are still potential threats in your vicinity. Conclusion If you add all the elements together Crysis 2 delivers an excellent experience with mind blowing presentation and engaging game play. However, single elements such as graphics won't necessarily affect your game play experience in significant ways. All in all, I had a great time playing this game, and I'm pretty sure that most (not all) people who actually bought the game will like it too. Expand
  93. May 13, 2012
    Crysis 2 is yet another FPS trying to win purely based on its prior success (mass effect I'm talking about you). The storyline is somewhat entertaining but the play feels very lonely most of the times. An alien fight should be surrounded by teammates, not some crazy suit guy jumping around. The story is incredibly long for a normal FPS and I had to use a trainer for the last chapter because of the lack of content. There is no boss fight, no surprising guns, no turning-and-twisting - basically a shoot-and-run, high-textured waste of time. Also very disappointed with some of the enemies as they jump frustrate me A LOT because of unreasonable speed and armor. Maybe I'm not a fan of alien fiction; so I'm not going to red this rating. Expand
  94. Apr 2, 2012
    The single campaign is great.Addictive and it gave me the feel that i really wanted to kill the bad guys ass.Graphics are pretty good,not as good and not as innovative as the ones from Crysis 1.Crysis 1 was so good for PC cause Crytek worked on it since it did not come out for the Ps3 and Xbox.Some things are wrong for the PC such as mouse lag.The single player campaign is great,amazing and i really liked it.The multiplayer though is a whole different story.It is so bad.It is just boring and just something generic.I tried to play with a friend and got bored after 2 minutes.Overall,this looks like a console port like many other PC exclusive games that have been transferred to the consoles.The single player though seems to be able to save this game from complete catastrophe,at least in my opinion,and is what makes this game good. Expand
  95. Mar 23, 2012
    First of all I never played the first one, so I'm not going to compare Crysis 2 to the first one the whole review like others have. I recently got an Alienware M17x R3 system w i7 CPU and Nvidia GTX 580m GPU. (not going into detail about all system specs here) I also played the game with 1080x1920 resolution. This is the kind of game I got a system like this for! The Cryengine 3 is truly the best game engine out there now other than the Frostbite 2 engine that is also amazing, props to Battlefield 3. I did download the DX11 patch and high res texture patch for Crysis 2 also, and the difference is truly incredible! The amount of detail, particle effects, and textures with tessellation enabled are awesome. DX11 also has real time reflections which you can notice in water and windows. So on the graphical end I give this game a 10. For a FPS this game is also good and holds it's own with all the other A list franchises out there. There are tons of upgradable weapons, and special suit abilities that allow you to cloak Predator style or morph into armor mode. The controls are tight and I never really had a problem being precise. Now the story is standard sci-fi fare and nothing special really. Fight the aliens and safe the planet from certain extinction. The city environment was well designed and detailed, but I was never truly blown away. One scene while you are on an overpass during an earthquake and it collapses in front of you with abandoned cars moving in real time and smoke and debris effects was neat to watch! Overall I give the game an 8. It could have been longer overall. I have not played any of the online multiplayer modes. Expand
  96. Mar 18, 2012
    This has to be the most disappointing sequel in the history of gaming.

The game is the utmost epitome of consolitus filth. The gameplay is NOTHING like Crysis 1. The graphics are INFINITELY INFERIOR to Crysis 1. It is basically a console game that gives the middle finger to the PC gaming community.

Even if it wasn't a supposed to be a sequel to the first game, it features
    gameplay and level design that you might have seen in FPS games 17 years ago. Yes it is THAT dated. It's almost like they sacked the entire Crysis 1 team and hired the most untalented, amateur designers from console game design they could find to shovel out this pathetic sequel.

Avoid this pile of consolitus trash like the plague. Do not support gaming companies that try to force consolitus down the throats of the immensely superior PC gaming community.

This game is to Crysis 1 what Highlander 2 was to Highlander 1
  97. Mar 15, 2012
    Nice graphics (with HD texture pack and MaldoHD pack), story is weak and somehow the game just is missing that special something. But gameplay is great, you can reach almost every mission how ever you like, silent kills or not so silent. :)
  98. Feb 15, 2012
    More linear that its predecessor but still enjoyable, even after being dumbed-down for console ports Crysis 2 still looks better than 90% of other games out there. It starts a little slow but once I got into it, it was lots of fun, if a little repetitive - you have two modes of play: shoot aliens or shoot hostile marines and, slight deviations in how you want to accomplish that - stealth or all guns blazing. Good for a weekend. Expand
  99. Feb 11, 2012
    OK seriously i was expecting something like the return to lingshan or something like that, but really new york if crysis 3 is like this then this series is screwed ok the fist one and warhead where amazing 2 was good but nothing compared to the original also the aliens are completely different wtf is that ok seriously crytek......
  100. Jan 27, 2012
    First off, let me say I am a single-player gamer. As such, I have no idea how the multiplayer in Crysis 2 stacks up, so my score does not reflect it. Second, I am reviewing the PC version of Crysis 2. I donâ
  101. Jun 12, 2011
    Good game, however...

In many places too linear (however from time to time there are some minor non-linear elements in levels), graphics isn't so awsome as one would like (at least on my hardware), enemies are stupid, not quick-save/load, game is too easy in most cases, also lenght load screens are annoying, only to wait to watch more videos, which could be played in the same time, also
    its console nature is really annoying. Unfortunetly better graphics in some places do not make it better game than far cry 1 or crysis 1. Vision of New York, some cool levels, and general articis design is good, but this is just a part of gameplay. There are some logical flaws in game, and non-sensic elements which ruins game. Collapse

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.