6.6

1. Apr 15, 2011
    Well I waited years for this game. I am one of those who had followed this game all the way till release. Regardless to say I bought it right away even though many people were not pleased with it. I dont understand why, Its everything and more I wanted, Its nothing short of EPIC in every way. The campaign is just mind blowing, the suit once upgraded, rocks. The game play is beautiful. For me it smashes the once great game COD, before it became , well ... useless.

Why has this hit such low scores?

One reason could be the engine and graphics, I think the graphics are awesome and I'm really happy with the look but to hardcore gamers, I believe they are a bit toned down from what the previous crytek engine gave us. Not enough options, If Im correct, then it was a port from a console rather then a build just for PC.

I guess its just another sell out for more money, which is always sad, but all in all. The game is a monster.

The sound is amazing, the guns are pretty sweet and the character is just as awesome as controlling the assassins from assassins creed. Just a really cool character.

The graphics in my opinion are awesome, but yes compared to the previous crysis game they have not budged alot, the last engine was incredible, and its a game which I still use to compare other games with.

The aliens are sweet looking, I love the way they move, AI is terrible, its odd that they still have not got this right after all these years but non the less, Really love killing these dudes.

The game really picks up when the suit is fully loaded out, the suit then becomes as powerful as you would expect it to be and it feels awesome.

I for one had massive expectations and I was not let down one bit, this is definitely my game of the year so far and one that I don't mind cant be exchanged as I will be keeping this one.

Online is good, I really like it but spawn points let it a bit down, where you spawn right on top of an enemy and they kill you right away again. Its a little irritating and unfair.

But in campaign when your suit is fully loaded and you have just ripped off a massive gun off the wall, maximum armour on and standing in front of 2 massive aliens and the sound of those massive bullets smacking the hell out of these beasts in surround sound ... Well this reminds me why Crysis is the king of all FPS for me. sheer power baby:) The campaign is also pretty long, something most games don't have anymore. Its interesting from beginning to end and hate the fact that its going to end.

Well done Crytek, Well done indeed . Not so much EA your starting to ruin gaming again with not being able to exchange games and letting others that cant afford games never being able to try great games like this.

One little bit of advice though. PC was what gave you your present, don't forget them next time cytek.
    Money aint everything, something most of the world has forgotten.

I give it a 10 to try lift this terrible unrealistic score, but this game really does deserve a 9.5.

Its what COD Black ops tried to be.

Its a blast from beginning to end.
  2. Apr 16, 2011
    i love this game the game is really polished i many ways the story is intense and fun and the graphics are the best i have seen in a long time now the multiplayer i found this a bit hard a first but when you level up and get more gear the real fun happens i give this a 9/10
  3. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A superb game and very gamer friendly. i am running a 9800gt c2d e8400 and 4gb ram i was so stressed that i would have to run it on minimum res. and minimum setting with jagged edges terrible environment, this games lowest setting look better than most games high setting i was impressed. Amazing gameplay okay the hot keying of suit modes took some getting used but it proved helpfull. New enemies, new weapons, new ways to use the nanosuit.Keep it up crytek, you guys always surprise a gamer. Expand
  4. Apr 23, 2011
    I don't care about anyone that hates this game, they are daft, this is a awesome game; if you hate it, than you are, just not smart, and this game will just kill you with awesomeness.
  5. Apr 23, 2011
    Graphics is good and the mission game-play is very good. Multi-player is much more welcoming than the current fps games that are out this days (note no better fps MP game after mw , mw2 ) MP play style looks like a clone of cod but much better than codbo, bbc2, moh and so on.
  6. May 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi guys this is game very good in graphics and fps (very important because crysis 1 very slowly) Pc version the best Ps 3 and xbox have low fps 30 then pc 60-100 Im the best gamer of great Russia better then gozon671games and maddyson My deggre 9.0 Im the best gamer of Russia better then ozon671games and maddyson Expand
  7. May 12, 2011
    I enjoyed Crysis 2 immensely. Despite being extremely disappointed with the plot (which manages to be both slightly confusing and mind-numbingly uncomplicated at the same time), the overall experience won me over - the gameplay is a solid improvement over the original (I can understand a difference of opinion here, though - it's definitely more geared toward console play than the original and may seem dumbed down to some), the graphics are still stellar, and the devastation Crytek has depicted in New York is quite gripping (primarily due to the visuals and excellent sound track; the plot behind this is quite over the top). The voice acting is also quite good, even if the characters presented here are rather uninteresting and under-developed.

Multiplayer is absolutely amazing. The Nanosuit 2.0 is a blast to wield against other PCs - it's extremely balanced and skill intensive. The new movement tricks are extremely fun to toy with as well - I've rarely enjoyed myself more while playing a video game.

All positive points aside, the plot and characters really are a disappointment. If Crytek would put just a bit more into their writing process they'd be sure to achieve that genre-defining game they keep shooting for and just missing .
  8. May 13, 2011
    Do the crysis 2 - sentiments play the pirated crysis 2 ? I think we should not compare between the original and the pirated, because the pirated version has a lot of defects.
  9. Jun 2, 2011
    The graphics is not that good as in the first part but it is still awesome. Very good A.I. of the enemies in the single player campaign too. Pretty good action, I played the whole campaign almost without stopping so I guess I loved it.
  10. Jun 24, 2011
    A great looking / sounding game, Crysis 2 lacks the artistic beauty and gameplay variety of its predecessor. The story starts off slow and is often cliched but it picks up and has a better ending than Crysis 1. The combat is based on hit and run tactics with stealth cloaking returning to play the starring role. The nanosuit's primary functions are now streamlined to a few basic uses, which some may find efficient while others see it as too simplified. The environments, largely based on urban sections of NYC, represent a few smallish arenas separated by linear choke points. But the maps all have the same uniform copy pasted design elements such as vantage points, HMG placements, ammo dumps, etc. with multiple movement paths that are largely determined by enemy patrols. Despite some linear design the scripted sequences, while good to watch, are easily missed and the game prompts for a key press simply to get you to look in the right direction. Most enemy encounters end up playing the same way by repeating a few successful strategies, like observing and tagging enemies and other points of interest, performing stealth kills, detaching HMGs, etc.. There are no uniquely memorable events to add to the variety in this game and that's the only major downside here. Apart from one generic vehicle sequence, there was barely anything new to break up the mostly slow paced, stealth-hunting style of play I used. The FBA animations however were great for immersion and while certain sequences required quick time events, the parkour like movements to navigate environments provided an element of fluidity to the game. Also noteworthy were the nanosuit customization upgrades you could earn by collecting dead matter from fresh alien corpses. Overall this is a very good game that stands on its own merits and is recommended to all FPS enthusiasts despite the issues mentioned. Expand
  11. Jun 30, 2011
    I just bought this game these days because the high res textures and dx11 features were patched in. The wait was worth it First I give you the specs of my rig: Intel core i5-760 4.0GHz 4GB DDR3 GTX 580 pros: Graphics are just phenomenal and leave its predecessor way behind. Sound effects and the soundtrack itself are a joy, too. If you use highest settings @1080p the game runs very smooth, if you have a powerful rig.
    Gameplay, especially the feeling of the weapons are great, too.

neutral:

The story could be better, but I didnt expected a very spectecular story, because that point wasnt very good at Crysis and Warhead, too.

negative:

Owners of less powerfull vgas won´t be able to get playable fps at highest settings.

All in all I liked the game very much. It looks better than its predecessors but is not that hardware demanding. Especially Crysis was at release in 2007 almost unplayable at highest settings, no matter what hardware you had.
    So I was quite surprised after reading the reviews and critics here or in other forums, that I had so much fun with this game.
    Because of all the haters I vote for the max:
    10.0
  12. Jul 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2 is a very interesting game that picks up and releases only the end of the game and its great the passing game. The first mode is a mode of passage form the ghost he is very interesting as you do in the stealth mode. 2 mode is a gun when you go out and shoot and you get all nelya to the left and the right to only one error in Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. Others were removed 2 Developer's regime is a regime of speed and power mode, Crysis 2 has two modes would have even better. The developers have made one mistake stupid enough protagonist Alcatraz not not say a word as something silly in our time well, it's very small cons of srovneniyu with the advantages of the game such as the positive side of his suit. Types of shooter games have changed the usual shooter shooters such as Call of Duty, Battlefield. So as impurity shooters as Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem. And there are half as stealth stealth already long gone and will take place stealth sex stelae and games such as Crysis 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Deus Ex came out had not yet left the first game of Crysis 2! Expand
  13. Jul 7, 2011
    The visuals were great! way better then average, the story was not the best but the gameplay was fun. Many who rated the game gave it a low score because of the graphics, but are they bad? No, they are way above average, and even if the story wasn't so great it made up whit the gameplay. It was exactly what i expected. I felt big and invincible while killing aliens. The controls did feel a little weird but it was much more playable then other games. Waiting for Crysis 3. Expand
  14. Aug 12, 2011
    GREAT game! I didnt play the 2 first games but this one is awesome! The gameplay is great with long jumps and invisible suits, fits the game. In every mission you can choose to go silent or go loud. Its not the best history I ever play but is not even far the worst. If you compare with other games that are been releassed this is one of the best action FPS game. One thing that I didnt liked was the multiplayer. Maybe is personal or maybe is because im used to battlefield multplayer, with huge maps and a lot of vehicles and classes. Still a must-play game Expand
  15. Oct 13, 2011
    A great singleplayer experience, with lots of replay value as well as multiplayer engrossed with nano-suited grace. One of the best looking games on consoles and on the PC which is notably sharper but not to overwhelming. A must purchase for this year.
  16. Nov 3, 2011
    Seriously dont know what people are complaining about.
    Its so much harder to build city environment than a Jungle environment
    Story wise - its better than Crysis 1
    Gameplay is a bit worse since no open world
    Graphics suffer a lot due to consolization of the game
    Epic 10/10
  17. Nov 15, 2011
    The singleplayer of this game was superfun. Your basically this supersoldier, who got a tank suit from some guy who was being chased down. New York is under attack and you have to save it. I would say this is my favourite and maybe even the best singleplayer campaign story out there. About the multiplayer, this game never got the fame it should have got. Multiplayer did have few guns tho, the gun play wasnt balanced at its finest and the maps could have been a bit smaller, but other than that, the graphics were amazing and the community was also wellrespecting and mature
    Overall, I would give this game a 9 out of 10.
  18. Aug 26, 2014
    Next-gen Graphics and gameplay with intense action !! I´m playing this game 3 years after the launch and stills amazing ! Those who like amazing graphics and intense action shooter MUST PLAY this game ! Beware: You need a good PC rig to play with maximum graphics settings !
  19. Dec 16, 2011
    Although, initially this game released with a multitude of bugs and glitches, it has been drastically improved since, offering DX11 and a high-resolution texture pack. Personally, this game has graphics beyond that of those in Crysis, and its use of cascading light makes it look beautiful. Gameplay-wise, its controls are very intuitive (once you get used to them), and its maps often offer a variety of options (running and gunning in, or using stealth to slowly pick men or aliens alike off). Although this game is quite a far cry from the original Crysis, if you give it a chance with an open mind, it can be one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. The multiplayer is very enjoyable, however, even after all its bugs have been fixed, the large amount of people who are forced to play on servers with high pings (well, at least in Australia) can reduce its enjoyment. However, that greatly depends on where you live. Even with these high pings, it still runs very smoothly. As I mentioned before, when Crysis 2 first released, it had so many bugs and glitches, it would've only got 8/10 from me, however, now, it is a beautifully unique game, definitely worth buying (If it's your sort of thing) Expand
  20. Dec 20, 2011
    I'm reviewing this game as a stand-alone title. As a successor to the original Crysis, and Warhead for that matter, I would give this game a lower score. Simply because of what's missing - scope and options. Crysis2, for my money looks great. Ok so there isn't card-busting level of detail, but for me it still looks visually very impressive. Computer AI still a bit dumb, to say the least, and so that is actually my biggest gripe. I'm not too fussed about losing the open world of the first Crysis, as if I want a big desrt island to play in, I would just play Crysis. Pointless moaning about a sequel because it isn't the same as the original, but I do agree that freedom of movement is a little bit restricted. Nevertheless, it's the action I'm after and the great thing about Crysis2 is that the pace keeps picking up and the campaign actually gets better as you progress. I tried the multi-player briefly, and suffice to say you won't want to buy the game for that. It works, but other online shooter titles have that element covered. No, if you want at least 12-16 hours or more of exciting FPS fun, then this is the best game in that category this year. In my opinion. Expand
  21. Dec 29, 2011
    Crysis 2, in my opinion was very good but disappointing in a few parts, so lets head strait to the review utilizing my four evaluation categories: Graphics, Gameplay, Story and Soundtrack & Effects.

Graphics: Okay so Crysis 2's graphics are simply amazing, the first time I played it I was expecting something great and this is exactly what it gave me. Basically it looks like real life when
    you look from a distance. However many have said the graphics are worse than the first so I'll just say what I believe people viewed it. Crysis 2's graphics are better than the original's, however they are not as revolutionary as the first one; by that I mean that the graphics in the first game (launched in 2007) were only matched by other games in the end of 2010, thats three years guys... the graphics of the second one were outmatched in most parts by Battlefield 3 released this year (2011), so it's not that the graphics are worse than the first, they are surrely better, but they are not revolutionary as the first was. The Water looks great by the way. Graphics Grade: 10/10
    Gameplay: Now this part is tricky....so in my opinion Crytek made a few things wrong when they changed the overall gameplay, the bad things were that the overall responsiveness of the game is worse, in crysis 1 the controls were outstanding and worked greatly, in Crysis 2 however the controls are clunky and not as responsive as they used to be. Now more specifically the new way of changing armor modes works great in some parts but terrible in others, so you basically have just two modes: Armor and Stealth, the problem is speed and strength are incorporated in the automatic suit gameplay and that means whenever you run or jump higher you'll be using suit energy, you don't have the option to change to normal mode. I have to say I liked being able to change the stealth and armor with one button, it was simple, fast and worked well; however, because I cannot choose to change any other mode Crysis 1's suit usage stands better. Gameplay Grade: 7/10
    Story: Now it's hard to explain story without spoiling it, but I'll try since this and every other review I'll do is spoiler free. All I can say is that the game has a good plot but it is not that immersive because of the gameplay, essentially you'll like but won't be astonished by it, just don't expect anything huge and you'll be fine. It's important,however, to say that the connection with the first game is really badly explained, there are some direct relations but the game just doesn't feel the same story-wise. Story Grade: 8/10
    Soundtrack & Effects: This is one of the spots where the game really shines...the sound effects are simply outstanding, every bullet, water interaction, enemy movement sounds very realistic...but the soundtrack is incredible, well orchestrated compositions that play a very important role in making the player feel the epicness (I don't know if that's a word) of the visuals, the soundtrack was composed by Hans Zimmer (who also composed the music for Pirates of the Caribbean and other movies). Soundtrack & Effects Grade: 10/10

The Final Grade is an average of the previous four so: (10+7+8+10)/4=8.75 which in metacritic means 9.
  22. Jan 11, 2012
    Loved the game to an extent. The graphics were amazing. The game play was great. However the game was like the first one very short (actually shorter than the first one) and the enemies in normal play were a bit too easy to defeat. Also hard to find a lot of the in game items. I would highly recommend it though be prepared for it not lasting very long. Thankfully I only spent $10 or it would have been more disapointing. Expand
  23. Jan 28, 2013
    This game it's a perfect game for the ones that know how to play it.I finish it a lot of times and every-time in another way,i am a true gamer and i know how to take everything from a good game like this.Best game I ever played!
  24. May 11, 2013
    one of the best shooters ever!!! the game is really good and unique. the graphics are spectacular. this is one of the best looking games to date. the level desighn is also fantastic. the levels are big, letting you a lot of space to manuver and use different tactics. the size of the levels is perfect. its not linear, but its not as big as the levels in the first game not that the size of the levels in crysis 1 was bad. this game just finds a good balance between open world and linear.) the game also has a lot of spectacular action sequences ever. because the game isnt as open as in crysis 1, there is much more action. the action isnt boring mediocore call of duty action, this is much better action that shouldnt be missed. the story starts good but then it slows down a bit. after the first half of the game the story starts getting really epic and great and you really feel like you should do your objectives( im avoiding spoilers but the objectives are great). the game also has epic soundtracks and audio. the soundtracks are from the best i have ever heard. the sound desighn and sound effects are also top notch and sound really realistic and amazing!!!!!! the AI isnt so good. some times its great and smart but some times it has some problems.
    overall this is a super epic game!!!!!!!! again, this is one of the best shooters ever!!!!!! buy it!!!!!!!
  25. Apr 22, 2014
    An amazing feat in PS, and PC gaming. Visually stunning and a real treat for Crysis Fans, and noobs alike. If you like Sci-Fi then this a perfect FPS for you. The Multiplayer mods are amazing and truly a new experience for those who haven only been playing the mediocre COD franchise. I reccomend this to anybody really. The campaign is quite a thrill to be honest however it feels a big too short compared to Crysis 1 and the game could use some improvements as a whole for the visual settings. If on PC you can only play this game if you have the latest and above mediocre graphics card. Laptop users will not be able to play this game most likely due to the graphics, and high demanding power it seeks. The lowest setting unfortunately is High for everything. Had they made it high and you can access a program to put it super low then I would say everyone needs to buy this game for PC. However X360 port is about the same but not nearly as enjoyable as the PS3 and PC ports. The 3D gaming on pc for this game is amazing, and astounding to the gamers eye. Very nice graphics and everything one of the only games that actually has a 3D enabled worth gameplay for PC. PS3 is about as good as PC just needs a lot of mods. Expand
  26. Jul 13, 2013
    This is the best looking game I have seen (2013). It is 'checkpoint' based so you can't save your game anywhere you want. It has some very realistic views of the city. Sometimes you're on top of a building and then looking down the street below is pretty awesome. You can compare weapons on the ground with the ones you are carrying (they have more or less 'stripes' on the screen compared to your current weapon).

Not yet finished but spent quite some hours on it.
  27. Sep 21, 2013
    Crysis 2 beats up its sequel It has scintillating graphics, mindblowing storyline, superb in game mechanics, minority of glitches and many more things. It was a nice experience playing this kind of first person shooters. I was totally stunned with its ending( best ending everrrr of a first person shooter
  28. Mar 1, 2014
    Dont understand the hate for this game, i played a lot of shooters crysis 3 cod ghost battlefield 3 borderland 2 , but there something about this game which makes my favorite, the epic campaign with a lot mission the story the bosses balanced combat and great soundtrack better than crysis 3.
  29. Sep 3, 2014
    There's a lot of things to love in Crysis 2, except for the unimpressive storyline, linear gameplay and lot of bugs with, of course, limited graphic options. But despite those, the game contains lots of improvements over its predecessor, like more useful nanosuit abilities, insane graphic (still) and a memorable multiplayer.

New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.