6.8

1. Mar 29, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a great game and does justice to its predecessor in most aspects.
    Crysis 2 is a great game and does justice to its predecessor in most aspects.
    Gameplay is great. The updated nano suit makes it different from most FPS games and allows more option and flexibility then was available in its predecessor. The storyline is good and involving and voice acting is also good. Atmosphere created by the visuals, story, voice acting,sound effects and background music (there's lots of it!) really immerse the player in the game. Thus far i would have gave it 10 out of 10.

However this is where the cookie crumbles. The game is a port or at least appears dreadfully like one. The graphical optimisations which make a game " a pc game" are not there, instead of which presets are used. There is no DX11 support although there are rumours of patches etc to include this later. To me Dx11 should have been added right from the outset. What use is dx11 if you're already half way through game or finished it. Thers is poor crossfire/sli support, altough it could be argued this is a driver issue. However surely the developer realises that crossfire/sli exist and that pc users will require the game to function with such setups,but as i said its a port so such pc setups appear to be ignored. The game still looks good and visuals are by no means poor just dont expect it too look a whole lot better then console version.

Multiplayer is fun. Maps are good and there seem to be plenty of unlockables. There are also some killstreak rewards. Dedicated servers are supported as well as quick match function.

All in all a great game let down by poor dedication to the pc community for the sake of the console experience. Most definatly still wort the buy just disspointing that it could have offered so much more to the pc community.
  2. Mar 27, 2011
    a masterpiece the graphics ...... THE BEST I'VE SEEN. and even lack the implementation of DirectX 11 that came in the next patch history and music are spectacular too short but you can play over and over again because there are several ways and forms of multiplayer play it very good also and comply with what I wanted in conclusion a very good game with good music History and which is alsoa masterpiece the graphics ...... THE BEST I'VE SEEN. and even lack the implementation of DirectX 11 that came in the next patch history and music are spectacular too short but you can play over and over again because there are several ways and forms of multiplayer play it very good also and comply with what I wanted in conclusion a very good game with good music History and which is also very well thanks to the powerful engine used: Cry Engine 3 Expand
  3. Mar 29, 2011
    Crysis 2 is the best FPS game i have ever played. It has incredible graphics, ( especially if you tune them up with the graphics utility ) very intense and well made gameplay, the weapons, vehicles and buildings are designed fantasticly. In most city based games the buildings are just boxes with a painted texture for windows...Here the windows are actually see through glass with carefullyCrysis 2 is the best FPS game i have ever played. It has incredible graphics, ( especially if you tune them up with the graphics utility ) very intense and well made gameplay, the weapons, vehicles and buildings are designed fantasticly. In most city based games the buildings are just boxes with a painted texture for windows...Here the windows are actually see through glass with carefully designed frames. The weapons are almost flawless in detail and as are the vehicles and enemys. Your movement affect the way the hud is positioned and how your weapons is moving, You can glide and engage enemys from the ground or strength jump and shoot them from above, stealth kill em with awesome assasinations, all in the most awesome city enviroments you will ever see...On top of this it has a much more enthralling story than crysis 1. Speaking of that game...I do really not understand how some people can think its better...The only reason i bought crysis 1 was for the editor i only played the campaign to see how far it could go. The visuals were great and the environments were big and open but the weapons looked to be made of plastic, the enemys looked AND ACTED like retarded monkeys on drugs, the story was additionally very un intresting and boring...Crysis 2 beats crysis 1 in every way except for the open environments which was actually not needed cuase they were just empty open enviroments anyway. As goes for design crysis 2 kicks crysis 1's ass in graphics. and if you play without mods ( on normal Very High setting ) crysis 2 looks MUCH BETTER! Crysis 1 looks avarage at best, but for the time of the release it looked great. It looks like people havent realized that technology evolves all the time...Crysis 2 just looks much better. Only reason crysis 1 was such a pain on your CPU was the large environments which were completely uneccesery...

Sum up:
    Crysis 2 is a game with great visuals in every field, great story, dynamic gameplay and addictively sweet methods of killing the enemy from going in for stealth kills to rushing in with guns blazing...
    Score (10.0) id
  4. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best multiplayer FPS games I've ever played. Combines the addictiveness of multiplayer unlocks and perks from MW2 with the unprecedented graphics of the cryengine 3. Playing on directx11 and high def texture pack at max settings, silky smooth aside from when there is lots of smoke, can be fixed by setting particles lower than "ultra". Must have game, even if your PC sucks theOne of the best multiplayer FPS games I've ever played. Combines the addictiveness of multiplayer unlocks and perks from MW2 with the unprecedented graphics of the cryengine 3. Playing on directx11 and high def texture pack at max settings, silky smooth aside from when there is lots of smoke, can be fixed by setting particles lower than "ultra". Must have game, even if your PC sucks the suit mechanics are addictive as hell. Expand
  5. Jul 8, 2011
    Brilliant game and with the latest update it easily becomes one of the best graphical games of our time!!!! Good story!!! Awesome gameplay!!! Cool guns and the best of all is that super suit!!!
  6. Apr 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single-player Review of Crysis 2 on Veteran Difficulty with Resolution set to 1680X1050 on very high: Despite the repetitive central plot devices-a virus that becomes airborne, infecting the populous and turning them into zombies combined with alien elements reminiscent of the movie Mars Attack-Crysis 2 singe-player turned out to be much more entertaining than I imagined it would be. For me, the impressive cinematic scenes coupled with the top-notch voice acting of the main characters far outweighed the repetitive game-play, namely, the constant need to use cloak with the scar, as well as the frequent need to use the detachable machine gun on larger enemies. Looking at the game more critically, the wide variety of weapons and available customizable options were a welcome addition, but these elements didn't make the style of game-play markedly different from it's predecessor or similar fps titles. The HUD design or the tactical display weren't remarkable either; in fact, the tactical display made the game feel less immersive because it gave me the sense that I was in a continuous tutorial that patronized me by constantly showing me the best tactical options available. The last aspect I'd like to quibble about is the linear story-line. It would have been nice if my decisions altered the plot-line. In this way, there could have been alternate endings that kept me wondering, "what would have happened if I had gone this way or taken that action?" Alas, the story writers are only so imaginative. Negative aspects aside, Crytek deserves credit for making a fun fps with beautiful graphics, smooth game-play, and a satisfactory set of graphics tuning options for scaling your performance. To conclude, this game certainly isn't worth 60 dollars, but if you can manage to purchase it for $40 or less, I'd recommend it. Expand
  7. May 13, 2011
    Crysis 1 was much better. Some of the new guns are great. On the other hand they made the nano suit weaker, it doesnt even compare to what it used to be. Now there are no more individual modes for speed and power. They merged those into the default mode and made the effects much weaker in the process. You cant turn on strength mode and throw an enemy 50 yards.. :( ...Throwing up prey andCrysis 1 was much better. Some of the new guns are great. On the other hand they made the nano suit weaker, it doesnt even compare to what it used to be. Now there are no more individual modes for speed and power. They merged those into the default mode and made the effects much weaker in the process. You cant turn on strength mode and throw an enemy 50 yards.. :( ...Throwing up prey and shooting them on the way down was one of my favorite things to do in C1.. The invisibility is not as good either, you can see the octogonal weave armor grid when its on. As well when you turn on armor lock the armor grid comes up on the screen obstructing the vission.. The online feels as if its streamlined perk wise just as COD. Online isnt as good either. It gets a nine souly for the single player. People that never played C1 will drop their jaws. C1 gamers will not be uninstalling C1 anytime soon Expand
  8. Mar 31, 2011
    Great game. It's well polished and has very well planned and implemented game mechanics. The singleplayer was engaging and allowed multiple playstyles. It runs smooth as silk where other lesser looking games( namely Black Ops) have faltered and fell flat on their faces. For a new game, it only crashed twice for 10 hours of gameplay. The only thing holding it back is the need for someGreat game. It's well polished and has very well planned and implemented game mechanics. The singleplayer was engaging and allowed multiple playstyles. It runs smooth as silk where other lesser looking games( namely Black Ops) have faltered and fell flat on their faces. For a new game, it only crashed twice for 10 hours of gameplay. The only thing holding it back is the need for some imminent bug-squashing in the multiplayer portion. Hackers have also run amock and hopefully Crytek will bring their A-game. Also the melee hit detection seems to be a bit off, but otherwise it plays just fine and in a hacker-free match the game is as close to perfect as I've seen. Expand
  9. Apr 4, 2011
    First of all, if this is the first time you've heard about this game, than you've probably heard that it is the sequel to 2007-8 Crysis and Crysis Warhead. If so, I invite you to buy both of those (you can probably get both of them nowadays on Ebay for about $10 bucks) and compare them to this game.When you do that you will see what I mean when I say that Crysis 2 is far from what is usedFirst of all, if this is the first time you've heard about this game, than you've probably heard that it is the sequel to 2007-8 Crysis and Crysis Warhead. If so, I invite you to buy both of those (you can probably get both of them nowadays on Ebay for about $10 bucks) and compare them to this game.When you do that you will see what I mean when I say that Crysis 2 is far from what is used to be. How far? Very far. So far in fact, that this game has absolutely nothing to do with the original in neither plot nor design. And for the most part, has nothing to do with the original in quality. This is a totally different game, in a sense that it is multiple steps behind the original Crysis. First of all the graphics are choppy and rectangular, there are no fine textures, shadows, or detail whatsowever. Trees will not fall when you shoot them, there are no weapon attachments, enhancements or can modify a weapon to your liking when you want to. There is no stealth, enemies charge you at all times, hidden or not, cloaked or not. There is lots of motion blur to cover up it graphic de evolution. AS for the new story, it is a mash up of post apocalyptic infected zombie movies, Call of Duty cliches, and your standard average first person shooter linear gameplay and story. The original story is gone, Prophet dies, but is not the original Prophet. No Aliens, instead alien virus infects humanity and they turn into zombies. Weapons resemble call of duty weapons, objectives resemble call of duty objectives, all you do is shoot your way through them, get there, shoot your way to the next, rinse, repeat...then game ends. No creativity, no art, no thinking.

In short, what Crytek was once as a studio is dead, replaced by overzealous, greedy and gluttonous businessmen trying to make a quick buck with the least common denominator. This review ends here.
  10. Apr 8, 2011
    !Before i begin, let me state that i loved the original crysis too!

This game is getting a 9 being viewed as a completely new entity, if i compare it to the original it gets a 5. As shooters go, this is a very tight, action packed and thrilling ride, the short campaign being the only let down for it. However, short as it may be, the campaign is fast paced, constantly keeping you on your
    !Before i begin, let me state that i loved the original crysis too!

However, short as it may be, the campaign is fast paced, constantly keeping you on your toes. The nanosuit has been drastically changed, but for the better in my opinion, now suit modes are triggered by the touch of a button (at the expense of leaning left/right, which are essentially useless as long as you have a cloak anyway)
    The only remaining definite modes are armour and cloak, the rest are implemented into the suit's common usage (eg: max speed is your normal sprint, max strength kicks in only when you hold down melee, or jump). This may sound like a step backwards, but it actually allows for the game to feel much more free flowing and effortless.
    The AI is questionable, as alot of effort has been put into it to make it react in cool ways to certain things such as uncloaking in front of an enemy etc, however ive often run into situations where you shoot a guy and then everyone on the floor of the building you are in runs to the same doorway, only to be shot without you even tethering your aim.
    This doesnt always happen, but its a problem that should be fixed. Other than that the AI is very impressive and an improvement over the original.
    A visor function replaces your binocs in this game, which is handy as it suggests tactical options to assist you getting to your objectives.
    Nightvision is replaced with Nanovision, which is more like thermal goggles, useful for spotting camoflaged and cloaked enemies (especially online!).

The campaign itself is rewarding to play through, and much more fluent than the original, but the game is considerably more linear to boot.

!(the aliens in this game are about 90% less annoying too, and wont waste all your bullets)!

The multiplayer offers considerably less than the previous title, and as stated by numerous others is essentially a cod:mw2 clone (in fact one map is practically THE SAME as a map on cod:mw2!), however if you are more into your run and gun FFA, TDM and CP type matches, this multiplayer might appeal more to you. The added bonus of the suit powers spices up the gameplay a good bit.

In Conclusion, this game is a must have for any fps fan, however fans of the original who are looking for more of the same are going to be let down.
    If you disliked the original crysis, dont shoot this one down in flames, it's completely different, and more resemblant of cod4 and killzone 2 gameplay.
    I didnt realise how much fun kicking cars at aliens was until i played this game.
  11. May 21, 2011
    Graphic:
    Quite nicely done, quite lifelike. Done this with the hardcore settings. Surprisingly, there is no animation bug or hands going through an enemy (seen from Stealth Kill), unlike *cough* assassin's creed*cough*. (8/10)
    Gameplay: So far, it's really good. This has a really good gameplay; nanosuits, thermal-vision, and the wallhack-visor (yeah, it can highlight enemies through
    Graphic:

Gameplay:
    So far, it's really good. This has a really good gameplay; nanosuits, thermal-vision, and the wallhack-visor (yeah, it can highlight enemies through wall). On-the-fly weapon customization is also a good aspect, as some dudes need to toggle between silencer, grenade launcher, shotty, gauss or neither. Oh yeah, by the way, I like stealth-toggling in the middle of the fight.(10/10)

AI:
    They behaved like they're supposed to. Friendlies are a major helping-hand or as I like to call it, decoys. It's not like they can win against an alien invasion with a small-caliber gun alone right? (9/10)

Story:
    This is the not-so-major downfall. While the main story is good, there's too little clarity on what's going on. Otherwise, it's a good game. (8/10)
  12. Apr 6, 2011
    Amazing campaign, I definitely this game was definitely a step up from the previous, can't wait to see what Crytek delivers with Crysis 3. The campaign trail was a bit narrow but it was much more challenging than most games as the AI is much more intelligent and very reactive to you. Even on normal there were some challenges in the game. Haven't tried multiplayer but I'm sure the suit willAmazing campaign, I definitely this game was definitely a step up from the previous, can't wait to see what Crytek delivers with Crysis 3. The campaign trail was a bit narrow but it was much more challenging than most games as the AI is much more intelligent and very reactive to you. Even on normal there were some challenges in the game. Haven't tried multiplayer but I'm sure the suit will make for a new and interesting change to your average mulitplayer mechanic. A must buy for anyone who loves the Crysis story Expand
  13. Oct 10, 2011
    My score is 8.5
    C2 SP is not open world so you can't mess around with enemies in huge maps however C2 has
    1. Running, Jumping, firing weapon, kicking the car looks and feels more believable, better physics 2. good sound system, awesome BGM scores 3. Much more intense future soldier infantry combat MP 4. Very forgiving system requirement for lower spec PC. 5. Tbh, SP doesn't have much
    My score is 8.5
    2. good sound system, awesome BGM scores
    3. Much more intense future soldier infantry combat MP
    4. Very forgiving system requirement for lower spec PC.
    5. Tbh, SP doesn't have much re-playability more than 2 times but MP is my favorite over COD MW1,2, BFBC2, or any PC FPS MP to date. If I have to pick one FPS MP game, This is my choice. It's that believable and great.
  14. Apr 2, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a hell of a game and is better than most fps shooters out there. The Biggest problem is the lack of care for the pc community and more care for the consoles. You see there is no DX11 , limited graphics options and it is a console port.

SINGLEPLAYER The Story is longer than most modern fps shooters and is immersing and fun. The New nanosuit is a good change from the first

SINGLEPLAYER

The Story is longer than most modern fps shooters and is immersing and fun.
    The New nanosuit is a good change from the first game and is a lot more fluid in combat as you can change the modes very quickly with the q or e buttons on your keyboard.It is approximately 15 to 20 hours long.
    The voice acting is very good and the faces of the people are impressively presented.
    The Graphics are brilliant but could be better with dx 11 and more graphical options as the only option are Gamer,Advanced and Extreme.

MULTIPLAYER

The Multiplayer of crysis 2 is excellent and is a lot better than the fps shooters out there today.There are approximately 50 unlocks including armour, stealth and power modules.There are probably alot more because of dog tags unlocks aswell.
    The Maps are well made and contain some good little extra hiding spots.
    The Biggest problem with multiplayer is that the servers dont work properly and so it takes a lot of time to get in a game there is a patch that has been said to come soon that will fix this problem.

OVERALL

Overall Crysis 2 is a Wicked game which has been brought down in rank because crytek decided to release for consoles so pc comes 3rd AGAIN.
    I hope there is a patch for DX 11 out soon but there is no real point of releasing it in a patch because some people are already halfway through.
    In my opinion there really should have had DX 11 at the release.
  15. May 18, 2011
    Overall i had a lot of Fun with Crysis 2, i am basing this solely on Single player as PSN is down so no multi player for me. Having played Crysis and warhead on PC it did take an initial adjustment period to adjust to the subdued graphics but once i settled into the fact that this was on Console i found it rewarding and enjoyable. The sound in this game is unreal when played through a GoodOverall i had a lot of Fun with Crysis 2, i am basing this solely on Single player as PSN is down so no multi player for me. Having played Crysis and warhead on PC it did take an initial adjustment period to adjust to the subdued graphics but once i settled into the fact that this was on Console i found it rewarding and enjoyable. The sound in this game is unreal when played through a Good surround setup and that alone is worth the price of admission luckily the game play is a blast too Expand
  16. Jun 28, 2011
    The first time. I review I have give 0, I made a mistake that game is easily 10 score with the directx 11 enhancement + High res texture + audio + very good script + music score. plus I have experience no bug at all, game of the year
  17. Mar 30, 2011
    Let's put his way,Crytek is know for the cutting-edge graphics of Crysis and Crysis Warhead,At the time they released both games,no one couldn't run on every setting on maximum, that was the beginning of the benchmark era of Crysis for PC Gamers,Now on 2011 On the verge of Direct X 11,and many others things that we PC Gamers can take advantage Crysis 2 is NOT,graphically speaking, superiorLet's put his way,Crytek is know for the cutting-edge graphics of Crysis and Crysis Warhead,At the time they released both games,no one couldn't run on every setting on maximum, that was the beginning of the benchmark era of Crysis for PC Gamers,Now on 2011 On the verge of Direct X 11,and many others things that we PC Gamers can take advantage Crysis 2 is NOT,graphically speaking, superior to their predecessor,Crytek and many others publishers ,are developing games always with one thing at their minds,"Can the console(Xbox360,Playstation3) run Crysis 2", This title had that in mind, so if you want to "Benchmark" your machine with a game ,stick to Crysis Warhead,Crysis 2 is not better at graphics than Warhead,But on the other hand,The history is Awesome,you will fell a NYC destroyed,and devastated. in some parts of the game,you will fell that they tryed to make a immersive game(and at some points it is immersive),if you want a new Single-Player experience than buy this title by all means.

About the Multi player : A clone of COD,EA should make something different for this title,there is nothing that different or new for the multi player,you have the same,Domination,CTF,Deathmach,And everything else in this title.The propaganda around the nano-suit, does not stand up for itself,it adds little to no effort for the multi player, maximum armor should absolve damage at the cost of energy,not absolve damage at the cost of your life,speed should be more faster at the cost of speed,not the little running that "Power" ad to the player.
  18. Mar 31, 2011
    I love it. Great graphics and game play. The story could be better, but it is a shooter, isn't it? One thing to notice is that it runs nicely on weaker machines as well. Of course, on my two NVidia 292 cards it really rocks!
  19. Apr 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Are you grateful to game makers for always well prepared games ? Forget about it in Multi Crysis 2. Game is perfect for cheaters and pirates ( they can play on original servers ). Want to help? Follow the three steps outlined on the film:

1) Sign up for a metacricic.com

2) Write a short review about Crysis 2 for pc and rate the game (in suggest grade 2)

3) Join our group!
  20. Apr 2, 2011
    Metacritic's bar only goes to 10 what gives? This game is 100/10 it's THAT GOOD! I can't pull myself away from the PC and it's 5AM!! This is exactly like Crysis 1 which I adored, it's PURE IMMERSION. Of course I love stealth and this game suits me perfectly. I love a real tactical fight. You have to think and plan. Graphics perfect, Sound absurdly excellent! Engrossing experience I can'tMetacritic's bar only goes to 10 what gives? This game is 100/10 it's THAT GOOD! I can't pull myself away from the PC and it's 5AM!! This is exactly like Crysis 1 which I adored, it's PURE IMMERSION. Of course I love stealth and this game suits me perfectly. I love a real tactical fight. You have to think and plan. Graphics perfect, Sound absurdly excellent! Engrossing experience I can't put down. No frustration.

Graphics cranked to FULL extreme plays beautifully on my ZOTAC GTX 280 AMP Edition and using my World of Warcraft Wireless headset THX Surround!! NO LAG. NO problems just a STUNNING EXPERIENCE. How on earth can people complain about this game beggars belief. They must have either poor rigs or poor taste and eyesight because this game has EVERYTHING. But it's a tactical game not an all out shooter like Black Ops. I just finished Black ops and this is the REAL DEAL - GAME OF THE YEAR for ME.
  21. Apr 6, 2011
    This game has some Problems, because it was Released for consoles and the pc. 1. No Quick-save 2. Checkpoints are to far from together. 3. You could not choose Grenades by typing a key. The Story don´t match perfect with the first Game (and Warhead). But i have to say that this Game is a Great komparison of action an Game play!
  22. Apr 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. nennt mich einen fanboy aber bei diesem spiel möchte umbedingt einen dritten teil^^ es ist ein cineastischer bilderrausch der zeigt was möglich ist Expand
  23. Apr 10, 2011
    Easily the best FPS since Modern Warfare 1. The single player campaign has amazing depth and attention to detail, great pace and breaks the norm from any other by-the-numbers FPS made in the past ten years. Everything about this game is as polished as it gets, making it the centrepiece of gaming in 2011. Polished, smooth, impressive and insanely fun game to play. I downloaded it, playedEasily the best FPS since Modern Warfare 1. The single player campaign has amazing depth and attention to detail, great pace and breaks the norm from any other by-the-numbers FPS made in the past ten years. Everything about this game is as polished as it gets, making it the centrepiece of gaming in 2011. Polished, smooth, impressive and insanely fun game to play. I downloaded it, played it, then bought it. Expand
  24. Apr 11, 2011
    Don't listen to the whiners who only wanted a stress test for their gaming rigs. Crysis 2 excels where it counts- gameplay, and it runs silky smooth and looks great. Expanding on all the positive aspects of Crysis's game mechanics while adding an amazing environment, deeper story, some interesting characters, and better multiplayer. New York never looked so good or was so fun in a game.Don't listen to the whiners who only wanted a stress test for their gaming rigs. Crysis 2 excels where it counts- gameplay, and it runs silky smooth and looks great. Expanding on all the positive aspects of Crysis's game mechanics while adding an amazing environment, deeper story, some interesting characters, and better multiplayer. New York never looked so good or was so fun in a game. Soon their will be DX11 support as well. Expand
  25. Apr 16, 2011
    i love this game the game is really polished i many ways the story is intense and fun and the graphics are the best i have seen in a long time now the multiplayer i found this a bit hard a first but when you level up and get more gear the real fun happens i give this a 9/10
  26. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A superb game and very gamer friendly. i am running a 9800gt c2d e8400 and 4gb ram i was so stressed that i would have to run it on minimum res. and minimum setting with jagged edges terrible environment, this games lowest setting look better than most games high setting i was impressed. Amazing gameplay okay the hot keying of suit modes took some getting used but it proved helpfull. New enemies, new weapons, new ways to use the nanosuit.Keep it up crytek, you guys always surprise a gamer. Expand
  27. Apr 21, 2011
    OK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very consoleOK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very console grade textures etc. Dx11 has been announce but not gonna hold my breath for a release date. Gameplay... well the single player campaign is definately one of the best on any FPS in many years, decent amount of levels (about 10 hours gameplay) and a good story, úber soundtrack, and they have improved the nano suit to make it less cumbersome to jump between modes. Multiplayer side of things have taken a bit of a step backward preferring to try be another COD clone with all the upgrade mods etc and it kind of works but doesnt feel a Crysis game and the levels are quite small and lacking vehicles completely... so basically single player the game is 10/10 multiplayer is 7/10... crysis wars did it a whole lot better. Expand
  28. Apr 23, 2011
    I don't care about anyone that hates this game, they are daft, this is a awesome game; if you hate it, than you are, just not smart, and this game will just kill you with awesomeness.
  29. Apr 23, 2011
    Crysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city hasCrysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city has different kind of architecture, buildings, damage etc.
    The game's longer than average and the Suit is way more effective than the one in Crysis 1, Armor is finally worth using and you don't need to spend a few second switching to "Strenght" just to grab an enemy.
    The multiplayer was a disappointment though. I don't call "CoD clone" every online shooter i don't like, and I do like CoD myself. But this IS a CoD clone. And if I want to play CoD, I'd rather play the real CoD.
    Oh, and the graphics are awesome as expected.
  30. Apr 23, 2011
    Graphics is good and the mission game-play is very good. Multi-player is much more welcoming than the current fps games that are out this days (note no better fps MP game after mw , mw2 ) MP play style looks like a clone of cod but much better than codbo, bbc2, moh and so on.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.