6.3

1. Apr 15, 2014
    HOW I RATE: 10-9 score: perfect or near-perfect don't exist; 8 score: one of the best games ever. Top score; 7-6 score: great but not one of the best; 5-below score: serious gameplay flaws.
    ===========
    What has been Crysis since 2007 if not a pretty tech demo? Gameplay wise there is NOTHING interesting (expect the clocking device that makes you feel like the Predator if the Predator used
    human weapons). Don't be fooled into this game. Expand
  2. Mar 18, 2014
    Short campaign, basically just walking in stealth, good multiplayer, great graphics.
    Well im'e a little bit dissapointed, but i don't regret buying Crysis 3. It's still a good game, but "only a good game".
  3. Mar 13, 2014
    1) Quicktime events that people complain about? What quicktime events? The quicktime events were rarely 5% of the games length.

2) 6 hours long campaign? Well sure, anything can be rushed to become a much smaller scale. I took the game without rushing and it lasted me 10hours and 50 minutes (without reading all the extras and lores). Quake 1 could be finished in under 20 minutes, that
    does not mean it was 20 minutes long. 10 hrs for a game like this is awesome. More or less 7 hours on different difficulties. Think 7 huge open levels that will take you about 1 hour each to complete, all having several possible ways to go about them and side objectives.

3) Too much stealth play? Well, as soon as you read someone saying Crysis 3 had too much stealth play you should quickly disregard their review. The game is a stealth game, complaining that it is a stealth game is void of logic. Same way if one complained about a sniper game being a sniper game would be void of logic. The whole initial idea to the first Crysis was to make you "the Predator" of the "Jungle". The minute cloak was put into the game it became a stealth game. Of course you could approach everything without stealth (with dodgy AI at the time) but guess what, the same can be done now as well. Hard difficulties force you to use more stealth because, guess what, it is hard difficulty! The idea is for you to use all the tools available to be able to complete the game. Stealth did not make the hard difficulty a breeze, it made it possible. The game has gone a long way to make it obvious it is about stealth, and people are complaining about it...... Ahem, wrong GAME guys, move along now.

4) Great level designs. The maps are large and very versatile. You can go about them in so many ways. Crysis 1 was not as open neither as versatile as this, ever. It had in so many occasions just one path leading to objectives, but because the path was very wide people call Crysis 1 sandbox and Crysis 3 linear? Obviously haters that don't know a thing about gaming and level design.

5) AI and enemy designs are much more varied and deeper than ever before and any Crysis title to date, including hacking elements and enemies that approach you with different strategies. The cell also seemed much more organised and called each other to group up on you rather than the first title were they simply walked towards you no matter what.

6) Cover and stealth play. Improved, of course, and cover works much better as well now, with an added Predator Bow. I think the direction of the game is obvious

7) Story. OMG! I have never seen a more involving story for a FPS action game. Seriously, it was immaculate. While the boss fights were truly epic. The ending was amazing, best way to ever end the Crysis franchise. 5 out 5 stars! Simply amazing.

8) Soundtrack. Better overall than Crysis 1 and 2 (C2 included a track that was better than all titles, but overall ingame music was not as good and the great one track created was overused - whereas Crysis 3 had much better in game score than ever before and it fit perfect to the mood of the game as well which was much more sentimental.

9) Graphics. Next Gen graphics and one year ago. What more do you want? The game still melts PC's now. PC's, not consoles, PC's! The graphics are simply on another planet, and again, it came out a year before any other game to try and challenge it.

10) Bugs. Minor. I found little small glitches with regards to my user interface but rarely. Had a problem with one specific key mapping as well, but fixed that too. The game was mostly polished to perfection, a true AAA title with AAA quality. The more evident problems the game had was with regards to AI when the CPU was stressed to it's limits. At which point it created bugs like enemy not seeing you and things like that. As soon as the game is running on the specs it needs, it runs flawlessly. Among the fewest titles ever launched with so little problems if any and such great quality.

Crysis 3 is the ultimate conclusion and addition to the franchise. An title any FPS player MUST experience (especially if you enjoy both stealth and action). The rest, please, go review on a genre that is actually to your taste. You sound like WoW boys or Fallout boys crying over a game that was never meant to be like the games you are used to, neither include the elements you wanted.

For those crying about linearity....... it is a First Person Shooter..... It is meant to be linear and even so, it did a great job to be colourful in it's approach and colours. 10/10, this game deserves it!
  4. Mar 1, 2014
    this game is awesome with allot of good men and the graphics is good and the thing that is good about it is that it's to hard to do, i did it nearly 1000 times and i couldn't get to the final battle so it is a really hard to get there. And also when you finished the last battle it goes over and over again so it gets boring after you did it for 1000 times.
  5. Feb 28, 2014
    crysis 3 Good graphics...
    good Optimization...

재밌긴하다.최적화도 좋다.
    컨텐츠도 좋다뭐...
    하지만 battlefield 4보다는 재미가 떨어진다,아니 확실히떨어진다.
  6. Feb 24, 2014
    didn't finish, graphics not that much better than original (very overrated), aliens look like they are from halo. i foresee the death of crysis by consolization.
  7. PHJ
    Jan 30, 2014
    Why this game still a game and not a Benchmark Software? I mean, the Crysis 1 and 2 was good, but actually the History is boring, the gameplay is Ok and the Graphics is one of the best in the world, so the game is toooooo unbalanceaded, I don't recomend!
  8. Jan 27, 2014
    Known as the benchmark test for any high end gaming pc, Crysis delivers a stunning visual appeal and some fast paced gameplay. With Psycho returning and the Prophet getting back in the game, the action couldn't get much better. And for the day one bow version purchasers, the bow showed its true potential. So the gameplay is cool and the visuals are godly, but what about the story? For an FPS game, stories are really either really amazing are pretty bad. For Crysis, an incredible story would've made some amazing impacts; even more than it already did. It's story is okay, with the Alpha -Ceph and all . But it wasn't moving and wasn't something to celebrate. It wasn't bad, by it wasn't great either. Of course, if you are looking for a shooting game just to kill, Crysis is a pretty good choice. With cool weapons and new ones, it's a playground of shooting and hiding. Or... Is it ? The gameplay is awesome, but is actually very restricted in some parts. Of course it's not a sandbox game, but it was a little tight in some parts. Not anything to complain about really, as most games cant let players run too freely. So if recommend this to FPS and Crysis fans, but don't go buying it if it's just for the story. Not a bad game, compared to most other FPS games. Expand
  9. Jan 25, 2014
    Best Shooting game ever !!! This game got great storyline and There are new weapons and this need good pc to run this game greatly and this game is ever written by the xbox viewer that "The best shotting game ever is back" and more info is in it's website ( www.crytek.com / www.crytec.com )

#THX
  10. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OK, the positives: C3 is VERY pretty on a good machine. Now I start to struggle....the guns sound ok, the grass is very wavy....errr....that's it.
    So, on to the negatives:
    It like to pretend it is open world, only it is so on the rails it makes my local train line look free roaming. It is more like an 'open sided corridor shooter'.
    The enemy AI knowing precisely where you are and what you did to kill the enemy soldier who was totally out of sight of his friends. Shoot the guy in the head with a bow, while he is behind the big stack of boxes, and another enemy, half a map away, shouts out 'he is using arrows' and starts shooting right at you.
    The enemy throwing their grenades like a world darts champion, right at your feet. Your guy manages to throw like someone who has had their motor centers disrupted by a .357 round. Also, let's not forget, the enemy seem to know the nanosecond you throw a grenade and all leg it.....do they ALL wear nano suit visors?
    The bullet sponge aliens.
    Psycho being more annoying than a crying baby on a plane.
    Rebinding interaction to any other key breaks hacking....well, breaks the successful hack actually working.....know what door I am talking about?
    The cut scenes. Oh, the cut scenes.
    The oh-so-scripted 'hud disabled' bits where you have to play the way some script writer wanted....why can't i complete a mission the way I want to. Maybe I have some off-the-wall ideas that might work....but no, you WILL play this bit THIS way....
    It gets a 4/10 for looking pretty and I am thankful it was in a sale for £10....not too much money wasted there, then...
  11. Jan 8, 2014
    Worst game in trilogy. No more original interesting story, no more atmosphere. Crysis 3 from next-gen sci-fi with original gameplay shooter become a boring copy of previous parts in trilogy. Crysis 3 has only good graphics, but a good game can not be built only on graphics, without story and characters.
  12. Jan 6, 2014
    First of all, this is the best looking game I've ever seen and it's a better successor than Crysis 2 was (in my opinion). While Crysis and Crysis Warhead offered a big open world (ok, there is no comparison to FarCry), Crysis 2 became such a linear game, that I really didn't know if it's worth to buy Crysis 3. But now, almost 10 months after release I decided to go for it and I have to admit it was a good decision. The map design is pretty good and offers a lot of choices to play the game. Against all odds I really did enjoy the campaign, but it's necessary to know the story from the previous games to understand the whole development.
    Eventually it's good to see that Crytek could turn the corner after a also good looking Crysis 2, which couldn't live up to the success of Crysis (in my opinion, just compare the rating of Crysis 2 and 3), but I also understand the negative critics: Crysis 3 delivers beautiful graphics, a solid gameplay and story, but it doesn't offer anything new.
    All in all Crysis 3 is a good game.
  13. Jan 1, 2014
    Well i bought this for what it is: A rare shooter mechanic and a good multiplayer.
    Even if my laptop didn't fullfill the recommended Statistics it's possible to play there if you have something better than a GT 640LE and a dual core i7, but it has there much reduced graphics to run.
    Now ask yourself another question if you wanna buy this:
    Do i like to be completly stealth or have armor
    on demand and is a normal shooter too boring in mechanics well grab this one. The multiplayer offers more game modes than you might think with cell vs rebel fighting as human and non regenerating health or do the classical one with all abilities and exchangeable perks system.
    Choose between team- or normal deathmatch, capture the unmoveable flag at spear mode or steal the enemy relais while they do the same or with fixed roles (defender attacker) by playing exfiltration. Very assymetrical is the information download and well it's not really much played at all. A fun thing is the Hunter mode where it feels like playing hide and seek with guns... I played it for hours in a row but i must admit i'm not a full time shooter player.

Now to the campain review:
    pro:

+ Excellent graphics
    + Nicely done Psycho feels very much like a real character
    + Every weapon can be so nicely modified e.g. you can use the scar as stealth sniper or as machine gun. There is no need to carry a specific weapon around with you since the modifiactions are 2 times more than in Crysis 2.
    + Enemys have chats with each other what makes it more realistic.
    + Strategy is up to you be stealth or a brutal war machine with nice exchangeable perks that make your suit best for your kind. You can sneak through the enemy lines without even having to kill soldiers or you can even do it only with your fists for most early passages. But the bow is the best item you have.

cons:
    - too short story i wish i had a bit more for my money
    - it's not a open world which would make it much better and sometimes it's a bit too linear
    - sometimes a bit too much drama, while the extra information could be a bit different than just texts.
    - stealth is the key while armor has just not the expected use there and nanovision is simpy unused.
    - not bug free but it's playable though (i lost 2 suit upgrades, bugs at the ending)

Now just to the multiplayer:
    pro:
    + I can now choose between suit mode or non suit mode for all challenges except hunter mode
    + hunter mode and several different capture the flag modes makes it a very enjoyable multiplayer
    + Lots of weapons to choose of and you can have 5 customizeable presets for perks and weapons
    + Weapon attachments can be modified ingame
    + No health regeneration for human mode makes it more realistic than other shooters
    + Multiplayer maps are nicely designed and well balanced for both team spawns
    + I like the fun competitions for more Xp and the Dog-tag hunt
    + You can turn off weapons if you're admin

cons:
    - too little fanbase online makes only 20 Servers full
    - i can't modify my perks during game for the next respawn i have only the 5 presets and the 5 custom ones
    - there is no pause for respawnig during the 15-30 min matches
    - a few weapons are overpowered such as the bow, gauss rifle, L-tag and the rhino
    - no cheat prevention, but not too much cheaters over all
    - too long perk improvement you need >300 hours to improve your suit far enough for fair competition
    playing human mode to avoid this takes about >200 hours to get to all weapons and all attachments if you have not more than 4 weapons

At last i want to warn those who might think of buying the DLC. There are no players on this maps making it only useable to get a rhino which is not allowed on many servers.
  14. Dec 31, 2013
    I would have to say that after playing Crysis 2 I was really expecting more. I can Only give this game a six not compared to the other crysis games if I were doing that i would give it a 2. But on it's own it is just a decent game with the same mechanics as crysis 2 which is not bad but they could have improved. And I wont go inot the graphics that much becuase waht else is there to say. It does look amazing. But even using a GTX 770 it will still tax my system with Anti Aliasing on all the way up. But it still looks great without AA at 1920x1080. I assume some people could not fully appreciate the GFX becuase of a lower range system. But the story, is for lack of better word, lame. The multiplayer is not as good as Crysis 2 imo. And to top it if it is buggy as hell at least the hunter edtion is. I got two copys of this game the regular and hunter and for some. Hunter does not add any content or weapons as far as I could tell. And I don't know why it is so buggy. I got Hunter Edition for free and kept it because i thought it would be a better PC port. But if you are a first time crysis player and you want the best experience Skip this title and get a previous Crysis title. Expand
  15. Dec 15, 2013
    The only thing this turd has going for it is the graphics, and all the mouth breathers get really excited about graphics, but gameplay trumps graphics all day long and this supposed "open environment" (which are still terribly small, but hey, that's all the consoles can handle)basically still equates to just another corridor console port. They could only squeeze 6 hours of campaign onto the console disc, and that's taking your time. Crysis 1 and Warhead are still superior in every way. Expand
  16. Dec 7, 2013
    i have to admit that i don't really care about how the graphics looks in any game, so first of all the gameplay! its pretty much the same with the twist of the bow that can really help in higher difficulties, most of the guns from crysis 2 have been imported to crysis 3 so dont expect big change but unlike crysis 2 most of the campaign doesnt feel linear, you can aproach your objective in different ways, a thing that i really like. unfortunatly the campaign last only for 4 hours on slightly higher difficulty, even less than that in normal difficulty, feels like some of the budget is in the multiplayer.

sooo.... lets talk about GRAPHICS!
    yes! the visuals are BEAUTIFUL even on the lowest possible settings, thats how next gen game are going to look like, and BTW, you really dont need 8 gigabytes of ram to run that im oly using 2 GB ddr2.
  17. Nov 22, 2013
    Another of those games that some people just hate without reason. After the semi-debacle that crysis 2 was, crysis 3 recovers most of crysis 1 flavor. Only problem is that it is too short. 2 or 3 more missions would have make a much better overall game.
  18. Nov 13, 2013
    Boring. Upgrade system like Deus Ex, bad idea. Story is boring. Music is boring, did you even pay someone to develop music for your game, or did you just use "default shooter game music template"? Shooter aspect of the game is dull. I do however like Crysis 1 and 2.
  19. Nov 13, 2013
    That's how Crysis 2 should have looked when it comes to graphics.
    Crysis 3 has one of the amazing visuals I ever seen. Game play is fantastic.
    And now the not so great part the game is short!! I was complaining about Crysis 2 being too short but C3 is just bad.
    Before I even started I was already looking at end credits!
    Another thing that I don't like in this part is story. Why the
    hell did you suddenly jumped 25 years in the future?? How??
    It would be just better to start as a new character like in Crysis 2, that would make more sense.

Anyway. Brilliant graphics, very good game play but too short.
  20. Nov 13, 2013
    This game got best graphic to day and game play is just great. Story is really good and ending was no super good, but it weren't fail like Mass Effect 3 or Command and Conquer 4. Crysis 3 i very short game, but gameplay is so good that i have to give it 9.
  21. Nov 9, 2013
    The pacing is superb as in Crysis 2 The graphics are the best ever even the minimum settings are better than COD Ghosts graphics The gameplay is very authentic and refined and the controls are amazing It will run well on middle end PCs The multiplayer is well balanced The story is actually emotionally well done The bow is bad-ass The stealth actually works The Bad Odd quick-time events
    Short campaign
    Note: This on the highest settings will destroy anything short of a proper gaming rig my new GTX 780 Ti has helped me with this
  22. Nov 7, 2013
    The best Crysis game so far but still not a great game. The old FarCry was a masterpiece, Crysis was not good because of its boring leveldesign and levelchoices and its boring weaponsystem. The game is okay but actually nothing really cool.
  23. Oct 26, 2013
    Great game, the engine rocks all other engines out there (Oct 2013). The nano-suit combat is interesting. The campaign doesn't really mix up the game play, but the Ceph are pretty fun to battle against. The Ceph are the enemy alien. The Ceph are very interesting to look at and fun to try to follow with your crosshair because they are a agile,fast, semi-smart, insect like creature. It would have been nicer if their were alot more variety of the ceph warriors.
    The nano-suit seems to be weaker on Crysis 3 than on Crysis 2. You get to use the Ceph's weapons, I don't think you could do that with Crysis 2.
  24. Oct 19, 2013
    This game lacks nothing and is easily a 10/10. The story is fast paced and engaging, the graphics are unmatched, and the gameplay is great. Best game I have ever played. No doubt. I would have put $80 into this, even though the campaign seemed a bit short.
  25. Oct 17, 2013
    Game of the Year 2013 in my opinion. Very good continuation of one of the best PC games stories. Superb gameplay, a lot of fancy weapons, pretty tough opponents and the best graphics I've ever seen No other game can face the pageantry of the campaign... 10/10

PS: dont bother to look at the negatives from people that probably cant even launch the game because of the high requirements...
  26. Sep 24, 2013
    Why Crysis 3 is a bad FPS? Because it has nothing of the great first chapter; nothing of the good and balanced FPS that Crysis 2 is. Crysis 3 is just a nice painting with beautiful colours but no content: the campaign (played at Soldier difficulty level) lasted 4 hours and 18 minutes, too short to be entertaining; the cut-scenes and all the Psycho-relationship is just boring and forcely stucked in. At the end, Crysis 3 is not enjoyable playing at and not worth event the 9,95 euros it costed me on Origin. Expand
  27. Sep 14, 2013
    The whole game is in stealth mode. Hardly any shooting involved. FPS is all about shooting. Too few characters. There is no emotional connection because story is just run of the mill. Game is overpriced for what it offers. Why all the high-end spec requirements? Most people don't play games just for graphics.
  28. Sep 7, 2013
    I really liked Crysis 2, but I went into Crysis 3 with my expectations low due the user score here. And I was pleasantly surprised. First, the bad; there ARE some annoying bits, the level design can be confusing, and at times it's not very clear as to what you need to do or where you need to go. But it's mostly very good. QTEs are few and far in between but there are a lot of cutscenes. If you're the sort of person who prefers complete control over their game at all times much like Valve's titles this game is probably not for you. Personally I'm fine with either. Now, for the good; The soundtrack is great, not quite as epic as Crysis 2's but nonetheless great. The graphics are truly brilliant, the story is memorable, the new Ceph weapons are pretty damn cool as is Psycho. I was going to give it an 8, but (no spoilers) the final boss fight ticked me off a bit it's about 5 minutes long and I died near the end just because I didn't mash space fast enough. But nonetheless, in conclusion Crysis 3 is far from a masterpiece, or trash as some people may have you believe. Just a really good, memorable, enjoyable game and a great sequel that I would recommend to any fan of the Crysis series. Expand
  29. Aug 25, 2013
    To all those who said stealth in this game is bad, or the overall gameplay is bad, try Far Cry 3. Then you know what bad really means.

Though I must admit that the idea of introducing a silent bow that doesn't break the nanosuit invisibility mode seem to make things too easy, if you allow yourself to exploit AI that way. When players go invisible, fires all arrows they have (which they
    can have 18 max, all in all) which kill most enemy types in 1 shot, while still remaining cloaked, the game could really become a walk in the park.

The difficulty levels doesn't seem to change much even at the toughest difficulty level; enemies are still dying from relatively the same amount of damage. When the game becomes easy, strategy becomes redundant, and some ungrateful brats may start yelling "boring".

But of course human beings have a tendency to nitpick then to appreciate. This is one of the best game you could find anywhere, at any time in gaming history. The graphics is so stunningly, ridiculously realistic, you thought you might have somehow played a game that should have been in 2030. This game is two generations ahead of many other games that might otherwise be given a 9 these days.

This game is like mass effect 3 upgraded with a technologically unmatched graphic engine. Don't be misled by the 7.5 somehow given by so called critics (remember they gave the most hyped and overrated game of the year Far Cry 3 a 9).
  30. Aug 24, 2013
    Na 3 część wielkiej marki czekałem z ogromnym zapałem. Po świetnej jedynce i dobrej dwójce spodziewałem się że i trzecia część będzie trzymała wysoki poziom. W Cryteku chyba też tak myśleli. Myśleli ze skoro zrobili swoje poprzednie gry tak dobrze to znaczy że są po prostu...utalentowani i nie muszą wiele siedzieć przy swojej grze żeby wyszła ona dobrze. Crysis 3 nie jest słabą grą, jest jednak o wiele słabszy niż jego poprzednicy, wręcz można powiedzieć że w tej chwili jest to najsłabsza gra Cryteku który robi naprawdę świetne gry(większość). Co mi się w trójce nie podoba? Fabuła. Ale tylko w połowie. Chodzi mi tutaj o samo kontynuowanie fabuły po dwójce. Już w dwójce twórcy zaczęli kombinować, wymyślać wirusy które uśmierciły bohaterów jedynki(tych którzy przeżyli), teraz zaczęli kombinować jeszcze bardziej, osoby które wcześniej nie żyły nagle wstały z martwych(tak wiem, jest to przecież "wyjaśnione"..ale jest to po prostu głupie...), nie czuje tego czego dokonałem w dwójce. To tak jakby wszystko poszło na marne..Cepidy znowu są i do tego potężniejsze...a co z tym co zrobiłem w dwójce, nikt nawet nie pamięta jak dużo trzeba było się namęczyć. Nie podoba mi się rozgrywka, oczywiście jest "otwarty świat" ale nie taki jaki obiecywali twórcy. Nie taki jaki mogliśmy zobaczyć w Crysis'ie jedynce, wybór działania też jest taki sobie, nie mówiąc o tym że już od początku walczymy z cepidami(po prostu za mało tutaj walki ze zwykłymi ludźmi).Nie podoba mi się też długość gry, ja sam przeszedłem ją w około 4 godziny, nawet fabuła nie zdążyła się zacząć a już się skończyła. Ostatnią rzeczą taka mi się tutaj nie podoba to bugi które się od czasu do czasu zdarzają i psują rozgrywkę. Przez te minusy widać że 3 była po prostu robiona na szybko,a szkoda bo pomysł był. Najnowszego Crysis'a ratuje na szczęście jeszcze fabuła(ta druga połowa). Gdy grając w jedynkę myślałem o końcu świata związanym z atakiem cepidów to właśnie wyobrażałem sobie coś w stylu Crysis'a 3. Prorok odwala tutaj świetne "przemowy" i niesamowicie ratuje świat. Oczywiście można było to zrobić o wiele lepiej(patrząc na plany dla serii o których mówili twórcy jeszcze przed premierą pierwszej części). Do tego Crysis' 3 jest dość przyjemnym FPS zawierającym pewne elementy jedynki jak i dwójki przez co chociaż trochę gra się w niego przyjemnie. No i na koniec...grafika w 3 jest niesamowita. Szczerze? Przez następne parę lat nic nie pobije(no chyba że 1 na modach) jakości jungli, poruszania się trawy, jakości wybuchów, iskr czy innych elementów występujących w 3. Jest mi jednak smutno że Crytek nie podjął się zrobienia 3 oddzielnie na konsole i oddzielnie na PC, zakładam że wtedy grafika była by jeszcze lepsza. Moja ocena 7/10 Expand
  31. Aug 17, 2013
    Crysis was worth the 55 Euro´s that I´ve paid for it. The game has excellent graphics and a very nice understandable story for players who have never played the other Crysis games. I would recommend this game to everyone!
  32. Aug 13, 2013
    The Graphics are nex-gen. Crysis 3 is a year ahead of any other game in terms of graphics. Very engaging story and characters but only if you have played Crysis 1 and 2 other people might have trouble understanding whats going on. I completed the story on the highest difficulty setting Post Human Warrior. I recommend that everyone plays this setting on your first play through, because the other settings are to easy and this is why some people complain that they could just stealth through all the levels. The music is amazing and I enjoyed all the cinematic cut scenes that really show off the true beastly power of this game engine. Expand
  33. Aug 7, 2013
    The worst flaw, storytelling. I felt no connection to the character. I played the final boss just to finish the game, short btw.
    Nice graphics (could be even better) but at medium details still looks really nice, great optimization. The guns are also really nice and well implemented, as the game play. The music is absolutely awesome.
    I expected a lot more from Crytec. The original one is
    really good. Expand
  34. Aug 5, 2013
    Crysis 3 didn't disappoint me but it didn't impress me either. The campaign is decent. It is a lot more linear compared to the first one and it does get a bit cutsceny every now and then. I would also have love to seen more drive-able vehicles in the game. But you know the gameplay is fun enough It hasnt changed all that much since the previous games. You can still abuse the hell out of the cloak system and the AI doesnt really put up any real challenge most of the time. The checkpoint can be a source of annoyance.

The production values are great and everything sounds and looks awesome. The characters are extremely detailed and nicely voiced. But i didnt really care about the story or any of the characters. You dont really have any reason to care about the world and the sci fi story is pretty damn generic.

I might sound more negative about the game than i really am. Its not like its a bad game. Everything works as it should and if you are new to the crysis series then you will probably have a lot of fun with the nanosuit.

But the game didnt have any major impact on me. It didnt make me feel anything when playing it. I recognize that as far a criticism go this is a quite one. But for me this game was quite a forgetful experience.

Perhaps its the fact that my playstyle basically is me sneaking past everyone. And the sneaking in this game is way overpowered and dull. Not to mention that you can pick off anyone at any time with little to no consequence. The fact that you easily could kill everyone if spotted could be one of those thing that removes the tension of the stealth.

But hey i have rambled enough. Crysis 3 is an good enough game and if you are looking for a high production valued 6 hours action filled campaign then you could do way worse.
  35. Aug 2, 2013
    The best game I've played in a while. There's some humor in the story line, and amazing graphics and fun gameplay. Curse you metacritic, you gave call of duty a higher score than this wonderful game.
  36. Jul 25, 2013
    One thing is for sure, this game has the best graphics ever seen in a game up to date. Unfortunately its very different from the very succesful Crysis 1. Very short campaing with dull story, it has an end and conclusion but it feels very fast like you just started the game and its already end. Suit management has been simplified and despite enemy AI is good, when u go to stealth they act very stupidly. Multiplayer doesnt have some of the biggest problems of Crysis 2 but the overall game balance is just bad, there are still tons of bugs and only a die hard fan is able to stay at this game when there are a lot of better MP games out there. Expand
  37. Jun 25, 2013
    Crysis 3 is a pretty good game the graphics are nice the nanosuit are nice but the campaign is the problem you can finish it for 6 hours only that is but the multiplayer make crysis 3 not boring if the multiplayer in crysis 3 doesn't exist this game is up but if you think this game is not good enough Choose crysis 1 or 2 it's better than this
  38. Jun 21, 2013
    GP 2
    Sound 4.25
    Longevity 3.75

Avg. 3.15

Bad game. Performances suck, as well as the graphics and the plot. Unplayable on most devices.
  39. Jun 15, 2013
    I just completed the Crysis 3 singleplayer campain and played a few multiplayer levels after that... the campaign is absolutely intense till the end. There is an epic boss battle you won't forget that quickly and this game has the finest graphics currently around (on PC) and bombastic music. It's a must for every FPS fan out there. The multiplayer is much more enjoyable than in Crysis 2. The energy for maxium armor or cloaking holds longer and that give you more interesting options on how to plan your tactics. Crysis 3 is excellent. I also like the optimization for AMD CPUs and GPUs. I have an FX-6300 and a 6870 and the game ran constantly above 30 frames per second on High settings with SMAA x2. Expand
  40. Jun 7, 2013
    Maximum Game, Ummm, not this version. Maximum Profit, Ummm, sounds about rights. Game feels like a console port to me. I finished the campaign in 6.5 hours. Very short. Thank god I didn't pay for the game. Logged in using a friend of a friends Origin account and downloaded and played it. This is a 10 dollar dollar game at best. I hate ported console games. If you can get it for free or for 10 bucks, it's definitely worth it Expand
  41. Jun 5, 2013
    Let's make an ten hour story short: however limited due to it's rather streamlined environment the main characters Prophet and Psycho are able to make it up for you.
  42. Jun 4, 2013
    Incredible game! Graphic is just amazing! I really love the bow very cool stealth killings... You still need think make some strategy... This game is really for people who love mix of first shooter, strategy and best graphic ever! I saw some bad reviews about going in stealth all the way but that's kind-a a point... time your moves with stealth and get on top...

Anyhow.. I loved it..
  43. May 29, 2013
    Oh Crysis how sadly you have fallen! I loved Far Cry as one of my all time favorite games. I also really enjoyed Crysis 1. When Crysis 2 released you could really start to see the shift Crytek was starting to make. I don't know if this was for the console market appeal or because EA "helped" with their decision. It greatly saddens me to say this will be the last Crysis game I will ever buy or play! I totally understand why people are irked about: 1) linear play 2) it's is dumbed down it's laughable to compare Crysis 3 with the original Crysis and compare the controls 3) quick time events (QTE) I honestly couldn't believe it when this popped happened in the game 4) A never ending story that drones on and on while being so ridiculous that it gets old fast and you just don't care anymore.

I really do enjoy open world sand box games as my favorite genre. I will always be disappointed that Rockstar did not bring Red Dead Redemption to the PC. This leaves with my favorite two standouts 1) Ubisoft with Far Cry (which also adopted QTE oh the maddness) and 2) Avalanche Studios with Just Cause. Let us hope Just Cause 3 releases this year and doesn't have QTEs!!!
  44. May 25, 2013
    Pros: Great graphics yes. Everybody knows. Excellent sound and music. But these things are expected nowadays. Good story. Great storytelling. Better weapon attachments. Cons: WAY TOO SHORT! U can get through the whole game cloaked. Stupid AI. Upgrade Armor mode to max and then just keep showing up in front of the CELL soldiers. God they are dumb, even on Post-Human Warrior.
    Alpha-Ceph sucks.
    Final boss fight ****
    Did i mention its too short and u can get through the whole game cloaked? Seriously 2 playthroughs took 14 hours.
    More emphasis on multiplayer.
    Feels more like an expansion to Crysis 2 than an original outing.
    Could have atleast changed HUD details. That ALWAYS fells fresh.

Meh.
  45. May 20, 2013
    Disclaimer: First off, I'm sorry if you disagree with this review or what I find fun in a video game. That being said, this is my review and what I think.
    At it's best this game is nothing more than a movie roller coaster. There is virtually no significant interaction you have with the game. It almost play's itself, except to surprise kill you from time to time to give it a challenging
    feel. I found myself constantly screaming at the game because the action is soooo frustrating. You are better off getting lucky in Crysis 3 nine out of ten encounters. Forget planning a strategy, because your suit always seems to run out of energy before you can execute a plan. You also can be completely behind a wall that you entered behind in stealth mode. If you de-stealth to recharge immediately every enemy on the map is firing on you. It is sooo incredibly unsatisfying and 2 dimensional. So I found myself just playing in a combo of run through the game in stealth mode, except when unnecessary armor mode. Either way the action never felt satisfying. Honestly I would have been just as happy playing the campaign mode as watching a movie. Because having to control your character just makes you feel helpless as they made it.

The positive that keeps this from being a 1 star review. Hey the game looks amazing on the PC. It's cinematic moments are great to look at. This just isn't enough. Wasting your dev budget on prescript-ed movie watching time is just not why I play games. Also the Crysis series gets shorter and shorter every version, which is an alarming trend.
  46. May 14, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game though it was a little short. However it is still a very nice shooter title and I would gladly recommend it and the first game in the series to people who wants some action and a nice story.
  47. May 12, 2013
    This game is messy. Outstanding visually but the story and gameplay are boring as hell. I had force myself to finish it. It is probably only good as a graphics card benchmark game.
  48. May 12, 2013
    The first Crysis was amazing and ground breaking. Sadly, anything good automatically spawns sequels, and like Hollywood, the sequels are generally rubbish. Vapid franchise (excluding the original).
  49. May 10, 2013
    First off an advice DO NOT treat this title as a skulkgame. The AI is so dumb that if you overuse the cloak feature you will basically walk through the whole game. Definitely Crysis3 gives optimal single player experience if you play a bit of both creep in, do a mini shootout, hide for a few seconds, then enable armor and do them desperado style witha 50. cal. The game definitely promotes shootouts, there are lots and lots of weapons and ammo spread over each and every map. You can do it easy with the bow but it is meant for inept gamers. There have been added some cool pieces of hardware to mount on your weapons. If you want a challenge, you`ll be using just about every piece of equipment and vehicles for destruction and let me tell you it is so good! Yes, the game is a little slow at first but it picks up pretty quick when the cephs show up. They jump around, try to corner you, hide when low on health. The locations are actually okay. There definitely is incentive to visit every corner of each map, strike at one location, retreat and attack from a different direction. This is not a corridor shooter like some poeple say. For this reason I played Crysis3 purely in singleplayer and it took me 15hours. Yes, fifteen instead of five some people say. I would agree there are too many cutscenes I`d think made just to show off the graphics. Don`t get me wrong, graphics are very good, maybe the best, but we`ve seen that already in Crysis2. The final bossfight is mediocre at best. If you can buy it for not more than 30$ then I wholeheartedly recommend this game. Overall a good game with some nice moments but forgettable in the end. A 7out of 10 from me. Expand
  50. May 8, 2013
    Good game, excelent graphic, many weapons to use, but the singleplayer is too short, finished it only in about 7 hours, the story was good but too short.
  51. May 3, 2013
    NO just no. unoptimized engine no matter the settings, boring story, annoying enemies, crappy weapons. I think this is more of a tech demo than anything else. Never should of been made.
  52. Apr 26, 2013
    OK so this game is beautiful on graphics we all expect that by now, and the story has gone with the end world scenario once again though more linear than I would like. And after playing it for 4 hours I feel that it was definitely worth waiting for the 50% off that origin offered, I paid 30$ for this game and that is well worth it.
    Multiplayer is the killer of this game that's why i
    didn't buy it for 60$ when it first came out, Unless those FPS game developers decide to take a lesson for Battlefield they should just give up on the MP mode.
    So here are some pros and cons on the game that i have noticed. Also
    I will not be commenting on the story line since i haven't finished it yet even though I am almost there.
    Pros:
    New Weapons
    Awesome Graphics
    Game play seems to be running real smooth
    AI is alright nothing impressive just alright i guess.

Cons:
    Speed mode is still gone wtf...
    I not a fan of the cute looking squirrels running around.
    The story has just not grabbed my interest yet, dunno why but it just doesn't match up to the first one.
    This game was optimized for consoles and you catch a sense of that when your playing ^^^
    Psycho got fat and doesn't look the same is this bugging anyone lol.

Conclusion: This game was well worth 30$ I'm glad that I bought it on sell so I can experience where the Crysis Series is going >Consoles...
  53. Apr 25, 2013
    Average SP at best. Mostly a corridor shooter, nowhere near as free as Crysis 1. Story is flat unlike the first. Kill the aliens. That's all there is to it. The single player was extremely short. Let's go back to the good old days of the first Crysis game.
  54. Apr 25, 2013
    Amazing graphics, great gameplay but the duration of the short single player campaign and story continuity of the series has been decreasing since the first game.
  55. Apr 22, 2013
    look crysis 3 is a great game it isnt good as crysis 2 thats for sure but for my opinion its batter from crysis 1 and let me tell you why:the graphics are the best in the gaming industry the mutiplayer is awsome (hunter mode is the best)camping is good but its fell very short i didnt play it a lot today (today i bought it)becuase i didnt wanted to finish it on the first day.thats all for crysis 3 if you are reading this review and you want the game you have nothing to loose.the multiplayer is awsome and the single player is very good(but short)right now i am on mission four so whatever i hope you are convinced Expand
  56. Apr 20, 2013
    This is without a doubt a beautiful game.

But when:
    1) the combat bores you
    2) you can one-shot kill all enemies while still on stealth and they won't even notice WTF just happened
    3) Storyline is predictable
    4) Game is short

....You know you should have spent your money somewhere else--
  57. Apr 19, 2013
    Crysis 3 feels like it was all made for the crossbow, since it's the sole new thing they added, and the only equipment you will ever need through the whole campaign, Gameplay feels dull and empty, All i was doing is get cloaked, Kill some enemies with the crossbow (while still invisible), Go back behind cover to charge the nano-suit, and repeat the cycle, Ya doing that, and using the crossbow, was actually fun, but after a short while it gets boring and repetitive..
    i barely finished that game, the ending was worth it though, it was epic, But still the peak point at the final mission was just as boring as the rest of the game and even more, Even with the intense sound track and fancy flashy visual it was still a very tedious mission.
    And the story, the story is actually just another aliens cliche, Crytek is trying disparately to make it look somehow unique and special, but truth is, it has a dumb cliche plot..
    I'd give it 4/10 but one more point for the great ending.
  58. Apr 13, 2013
    The gameplay has come a long way from the original Crysis and combined with spectacular graphics does make an enjoyable experience. But the campaign was somewhat short and I found myself doing the exact same approach for every section. It was worth the half-price point I managed to buy it at but I'm not sure it was everything I hoped for if I spent anymore on it.

The multiplayer was
    also not bad, although personally I lost interest after a couple of afternoon sessions. Expand
  59. Apr 10, 2013
    Why should you buy it? Because: -great story -amazing graphics even if you just have minimum system requierements -lot of action -lot of combat types( stealth, hit and run etc.) -its challenging on greater difficulties -lots of special weapons -the bow -nanosuit upgrades -weapon customization In my opinion this is one of the best games I ever played( I played around 75 games from 2005-2013) Expand
  60. Apr 7, 2013
    Graphics are really good, and I actually liked the soundtrack. Story was okay. New multiplayer modes aren't really that fun imho. Loved the weapon variety, and that bow is so powerful! I liked using the bow. I still think the way you control the nanosuit in crysis 1 makes more sense, though. I felt Crysis 1 was a more fun and open game experience
  61. Apr 6, 2013
    Only 5 because its not working on DX10 or lower, and it needs a better pc than crysis 2 needed. I dont know why because same engine. I hope they add DX10 soon..
  62. Apr 4, 2013
    Nice Game play, Super out class Graphics, good campaing length, well optimised thats all i have to say.
    Much better then crysis and very close to crysis 1 and crysis war head.so far a truly next generation game..Great job crytek
  63. Apr 3, 2013
    Crysis 3 is very good. No doubt. It has a good AI, it´s very open, the mix out of stealth and action is well balanced. The gameplay is very good too. There are some points which let the game dissapoint though. It´s very short, 4-5 hrs only, also the story is badly told too. You dont like many of the characters and the cutscenes are only average. Some localization fails on the german side but Crytek managed to get an excellent voice for its characters. The graphics are amazing, especially on PC. The Bossfight against the Alpha Alien is boring too, but fair. It´s fair, accept it, you only suck then. The game makes alot of fun. It has no replayability but you can stretch the time with the good multiplayer. Well balanced, only the shotgun is a lil bit strong but well i hope they patch it. Gameplay is fantastic as said before. The best Crysis so far. Haters gonna hate as always. You can give the game a 6 but then its not honest. A solid 7 or 8. Metal Gear or Resident Evil aren´t better, they only have amazing stories and characters. But thats no reason why you should give this game a bad rating, assh*les. Expand
  64. Apr 2, 2013
    The ads said Adapt on the fly with the stealth and armour abilities of your unique Nanosuit as you battle through the seven wonders of New York’s Liberty Dome. But my nanosuit warrior couldn't even hack the first door which meant he had to trawl the forums to find out he had to default his keyboard layout to get past the 1st door lol nice to know they don't test there games fully before letting them out..But after that ye nice enough game looks very nice but the nanosuit hud looks cheap and i still prefer cysis1 suit layout to crysis2/3. Some of the elements of the game like the hacking are really cheap and cheesy but all in all better game than cysiss2. The multiplayer part i played a little but i thought it was crap ..but for me crysis is a single player game so i weren't bothered. Expand
  65. Mar 29, 2013
    The entire Crysis series to me has been a perfect example of style over substance. If you want your run of the mill FPS where you mindlessly shoot enemies, this is it. The story is not engaging, and the characters are unable to be liked. In spite of the stunning visuals and beautiful graphics, the game was a chore to get through.
  66. Mar 29, 2013
    crysis 3 is a really awesome game. it doesnt have only graphics, it has great gameplay and really good story as well. the graphics in this game are just the best graphics i have ever seen. the story is really great and it has a lot of depth. the voice acting and writing are just amazing. most of the levels are big and wide and they give you a lot of sidequests and ways to approach every situation. the big levels also give the game a lot of replayability, even if regularly you dont replay games. the predator bow is really fun to use. the nanosuit really changes the gameplay and makes the game different from other shooters. my only problem with the campaign is that few characters arent developed enough and they should have been a bit more developed. the multiplayer is fun but it has few problem. everyone start with autoarmor and everybody use it but it just makes the game annoying because you need to waist a magazine to kill one enemy. another problem is that the guns feel suits more for the singleplayer than the multiplayer. the good thing about the multiplayer of crysis 3 is that it feels different from other shooters. kicking a car at an enemy and killing him is really satisfying. jumping high, running fast and cloacking is really fun and makes a nice change from other shooters.
    crysis 3 is a really great shooter!! the campaign is the best shooter campaign ever!!!!! the multiplayer is lots of fun and this is a really really awesome game!!!!!!!!!!!
  67. Mar 28, 2013
    Haven't actually finished this game yet, but will get it finished shortly. Graphics are amazing, I can run everything maxed out with no AA, and it is just gorgeous. The biggest issue, for me, was the amazing amount of bugs pertaining to the correlation between nvidia drivers and the game, crashing, freezing, randomly hanging, random fps drops. These are fixed now, but, as with tomb raider, it is no excuse, the game should work from release.

Anyway, if you pay attention to the story, to all the collectable data, you will find that alot of the plotholes get covered up, just not all, but the writing is good, with what was left after the previous games. It is unfortunate that this writer did not get the series from the start, he seems to be better than the previous ones.

So the story is, at minimum acceptable, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is good (the suit, for me, still makes it that much different from other fps'es), the characters in this are alot better now, the 'splosions are awesome, the atmosphere is quite thoroughly nailed and the sound scores is also very good. If you, like me, enjoy to sit back and just watch an action flick, even if the story isn't amazing, then this game is for you, and you should get it and play it. If you do not like "headless" action or b-movie sci-fi action, then you should not get this game. I, though, thoroughly enjoyed the experience so far.
  68. Mar 27, 2013
    Don't let the shiny graphic fool you. This is a very generic FPS with a story, crappy level design and stupid A.I. It's a technical achievement if your gaming rig can handle it on the highest setting but as a game, it isn't fun. Don't like the EA hype fool you. Everything associated with EA is pretty much guaranteed crap.
  69. Mar 26, 2013
    Crysis 3 still suffers from the things that Crysis 2 did. In terms of technology it is true that CryTeck left behind the boundaries of console. The game is truly a next gen game in terms of graphics when you have the the right rig to get a smooth 30FPS on very high setting. I dont think so any of PS4 games that were shown are on par with it even but in terms of Gameplay its just the same mess as Crysis 2, a little big bigger a little bit less linear but still is nothing compare to CrySis 1 which im truly sorry for that
    other side, the AI is terrible and jungle areas in games are not that much u go trhough the different areas but jungles. seems like each of levels are meant to show how much cryengine can handle ....
    finally Crysis has ended better than crysis 2 but worst than first one
  70. Mar 25, 2013
    Mediocre tunnel shooter wrapped into a great engine. There is no denial, the graphics looks great. The weapons handle good, although I couldn't find a favorite one. While the bow will dominate (and the game could just have a bow with more arrows and that's all you need), the rest of the guns each of them have something that you will not like. Either power or accuracy or just how it feels like in the game. Ok, the railgun feels like a sniper rifle, but that's it. They also obstruct a lot of the view. I can't believe, that Prophet just can't carry that bow held a little lower and still ready to fire. Same with the guns. I was actually choosing based on which one takes up less space on the screen. Ok, back to the game. I feel like I have already played this game a 100 times. Actually I felt like I was playing Mass Effect without the ducking silliness. The stealth+bow combo is pretty much all you gonna use anyway, it's feels like I'm cheating though. Enemies are dumb. They just walk towards me and I gun them down like lemmings.
    There is too much cinematics...I guess the devs were so impressed by their graphics, that I am half-watching half-playing, which I don't exactly favor in any games. If I want to watch a movie, then I pop in into my TV and lay back, but when it comes to games, I want to play. There isn't enough freedom to move around. Given a level, which is a determined size of area where to fight, and that's it, then you may move to a next waypoint, which is another area, and the whole freedom feel is destroyed by pushing some cinematics again, or the game warps you somewhere else, so there goes the "sandbox" feature. The length. It took me 2 nights to finish this game, I have hardly unlocked anything for the suit (saved a few upgrades), although I was hoping for something more to come, when the game abruptly ended on me out of the blue. That's it??? I got a bunch of suit upgrades saved..oh well, I was hoping for more, somehow I always felt like something bigger is gonna happen, something better is coming on the way, regarding guns/upgrades/suit useability. Yeah, you can customize the guns with different sights and ammo, but I always felt like, they don't make much difference, beside the scopes, but I've never felt I was gonna snipe with them, so I just used the reflex sights most of the time. Most of the time means, when I was out of arrows for the bow. So in a summary, I think this game feels like something blast from the past mediocre shooter..with upgraded graphics. Nice try, but next time keep up with what's out there already. We got Skyrim for open area (a DX9 game!) or Just Cause 2, as an example of "sandbox shooter". I just can't go back and follow a path and a script, especially when the Crysis series started out with Crysis 1, the very definition of sandbox play! The game gets a 5 from me, just because it actually came out, it doesn't look ugly and it can be fun for a few hours, but hardly something I want to repeat to play again. Good thing I bought it on sale, it would NOT be worth of 50 dollars.
  71. Mar 24, 2013
    The good: Graphics!!! Amazing. It is a game that truly has a next gen look when maxed out. Be warned though, its a system killer (for good reason). I have a Sandy Bridge i7 OC'd to 4.2 and a GTX 670, and still getting frame rate of 25-30. Worth it, IMO, as it has been a LONG time I have seen any game make me stop and marvel at its engine. The game is also quite fun to play, thanks to the nano-suit, and all its abilities. Seriously, this game will make you feel like the Predator. I also found weapons to have good sound, and enjoyed enemies screaming for backup while I stalked them. The graphics though, honestly, amazing!

The Bad: The story is pretty brutal. The plot itself is ok, if contrived. The delivery of the story through the dry characters populating the world is quite painful. Anytime one of them tries to get all deep and emotional, it falls flat. The generic, Call of Duty, over the top, action music is terrible. I wish companies would take video game soundtracks more seriously. I also found some objectives a little vague. So once again, I find myself relying on the HUD indicator to guide me. I did not play multiplayer, but can we assume its functional? I don't play very many multiplayer games, so...

Bottom Line: Get this game...although, at least on PC, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, because of "dirty Origin"...trust me, its filthy. Awesome game, terrible distro platform.
  72. Mar 23, 2013
    It is pretty, unfortunately that is all it is... It feels more like a tech demo than a game. 60 bucks for this; and its over in 4 hours. I tried the multi-player for a bit and its clearly yet another call of duty clone. Save your money... go buy something good.
  73. Mar 22, 2013
    I've played lots of shooter games in my life, but Crysis series got the biggest Gold medal I'd give. The graphics are amazing, to me, the best ones until now. The story looks like pretty to me and original. I know there are more games with aliens etc etc etc, but nothing can compare with this story. The possibilities the game gives me are what I looked for years in a game, i mean, I can do what ever I want: I can pass through the enemies without being sighted, I can eliminated them with 1000 different ways, I can interactuate with all the elements in the scenario. The stages are magnificent and beautiful. With a HD6870 BlackEd I can almost take the graphics to the max, it is incredible the rain effects, the watter, the lights, the effects... I just love these games and Crysis 2 was my favorite but... now Crysis 3 has the lead although with an insignificant advantage.
    To me, these are the best games form EA Games and... I can say they are the best games to me. Good playability, perfect graphics, good story, pretty weapons, environment interaction and the most powerful destructive machine on your hands... What else do you want from a game?
    I give Crysis 3 a 10.
  74. JEK
    Mar 18, 2013
    good game. Good graphics. The game was short and there are few enemies. Great acting by Psycho (Michael) by the way. I also like to ride with first view on vehicles unlike crysis 2.
  75. Mar 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A polished, shiny shooter with a big, smelly core. Crysis 3 is the first game I can officially call a "Shiny turd": It looks good and that is honestly the only positive thing I can say about it. And as we know, graphics account for about 10-20% of a game so good job ruining yet another franchise, EA. For the bad parts (Which is everything but graphics) involve a clumsy AI, overly recoil-happy weapons, confusing yet somehow linear map-design, the story manages to be bland and without taste which is a surprise looking at the previous games and the protagonist does not have any personality. Instead, you are being spoon-fed side-characters to fill out that slot which gets very apparent at the beginning of the game when you get locked into a small room with a screen and having your butt-buddy "Psycho" get angry at an image of having his suit taken away and pretending to be technical by tapping at the keyboard for god knows how long just after you cleaned out an entire ship of enemies which not only ruins the pacing of the game but makes any attempts of character development seem incredibly forced which can be quite a deal-breaker considering the game doesn't know how to integrate story and game-play, leaving 50% of the experience easily achieved on Youtube in Cutscene videos and the other 50% to be experienced in Crysis1/2, MUCH BETTER GAMES. But at the end of the day, EA is a company filled to the bring with greedy retards and greedy retard products is what they will give out. I went in playin Crysis 3 with no expectations and I was not surprised. Expand
  76. Mar 15, 2013
    Good Graph, Good single player poor multiplayer, i will say Crysis 3 the game for noobs, bad filters, and bad security, i played some hours and i found many players with aimbot or speedhack, the vote kick system dont work, not punkbuster, then is more of the same.
  77. Mar 15, 2013
    Crysis 3 disappointed me back in E3 2012 but thankfully the game really exceeded my expectations by almost a mile. So, what makes this game so great? First of all, its the Cryengine 3 and its awesome capabilities that gives the game such a unique and expensive feel to it, and im not just talking about the technical graphics, I'll cover the rest later. Speaking of graphics (I could go on for an our about how incredible the graphics are) Crysis 3 is no doubt the best looking game on all platforms. While still impressive on consoles, it's an early next-gen experience for PC gamers. The game is so packed with details it's sometimes hard not to just wander around and marvel at the visuals. I played the game on PS3 as well, and I eventually found myself zooming in at a plant with my sniper rifle, surprisingly the plant was still high-res and detailed unlike most other console games where the texture would end up looking washed out. This, in a console game! When it comes to artistic design developer Crytek has decided to combine the lush jungle environment in the first game (just like the fans wanted) with the urban setting of Crysis 2 and made the city of New York a giant greenhouse(literary an urban jungle this time). This is pure nature reclaiming what belongs to it. The beautiful trees and plants, the water, the tall grass, the excellent sound design and the addition of new lensflares makes the environment come to life. It creates an atmosphere of humidity and heat I've never experienced before. The music score is also very well done if not better than crysis 2 in some areas, this shows that crysis 3 will not only please your eyes, but ears as well. I really recommend playing the game with headphones (adds to the experience a lot). So back to Cryengine 3, the core design method of the series. Did I mention Crysis 3 is a mix of 1 and 2? The level design works like a funnel. It's pretty straight forward and dialog heavy at first but later on the game expands itself throughout until it's very much comparable to the original Crysis, you even have vehicles to drive around with although not as many as in Crysis 1. Considering the amount of tools, mechanics, and nanosuit finesses in these 7 environments the possibilities are almost overwhelming. Simply play in a way that fits your personal style. Crysis has always been about adaptive warfare, that means you control the pacing by choosing your path, and you can use the environment to your advantage. This allow for a ridiculous amount of replay value not to mention the many collectibles and weapon attachments spread out in the liberty dome. The human enemy Cell AI is the best I've seen in a videogame. They rarely glitch (cough* crysis 2 cough*) and feel like real soldiers at times. They communicate and respond in a believable way and can think tactically (call for reinforcements, regroup and assault etc). The traditional Ceph grunt is similar to the ones in crysis 2 (except they doesn't get stuck in walls), however here we get to experience newer ceph units such as a big metallic, fire breathing bug or a velociraptor like stalker unit with long sharp claws. I don't think people realize how advanced and how much effort has been put into the Cryengine 3. Story wise the dialog shows mercy to its audience this time. Many didn't like the story of crysis 2 because it was so cryptic, Crysis 3 in the other hand fills nearly all questions and holes of the series, It explains why the enemy ceph are so different in crysis 2 compared to 1 for an example. The game is definitely the most story driven of the three, there is so much depth and detail to it and if you really understand the story of the crysis universe you will be interested. (details also referred to as cell intel) The story also focuses a lot on characters and dialog especially the relationship between Prophet (main character) and Psycho (side character), they both have solid personalities. The dialog is about distrust and can get quite touching and psychological at times, voice acting is also well done. Multiplayer has been very much refined fixing a lot of the bugs and flaws of the previous game, unfortunately there is no powerstruggle mode fans have been raving about as the game expands upon the crysis 2 multiplayer. There are a few innovative modes such as "Hunter mode" but there is also the traditional team deathmatch and capture the flag. There is a progression and customization system similar to many other mp shooters. You have many different weapons, perks and attachment. The gameplay is incredibly fluid and almost feels like an arena shooter. A VTOL and an alien walker has been added to the mix to spread the chaos even more. Multiplayer is something most people will enjoy but I personally play Crysis for its singleplayer. Crysis 3 is a super game in almost every way so it gets a 9.5 out of 10. Expand
  78. Mar 15, 2013
    The game starts off a blast, however straight-away it becomes obvious that the story is a bit of a mess, and it really struggles to develop. As for the game and action clearly it's a lush-looking and frequently dazzling to look at, but there's not much in the way of new ideas here, gameplay-wise. Also, I would say that Crysis 2 has some better stand-out moments and fun encounters, particularly with Cell. Apart from the mid-game boss, the Ceph are pretty much the same as before boring, but fun to kill. There are a couple of levels in this game that are epic and really well-designed, but as a whole this is a shooting gallery I have little intention or desire to replay through, unlike the previous games. A word on the multiplayer I had a go at it and gave up after about 10 minutes. Hunter-mode is just stupid. It's bad enough in multi-player games getting killed and not knowing where from, as it is. But this time it's from a guy who's wearing an invisible cloak, so er even less fun. Deathmatch is fast-paced, but there are certainly more fun MP options out there for FPS fans. In short, this Crysis has hit the mark in some areas but I feel a little disappointed especially at the end where my PC froze at the end boss, and I had to watch the ending on YouTube. I love my nanosuit action, but this is the end of the road for me. Expand
  79. Mar 14, 2013
    WONDERFUL graphics, good atmosphere, fun multiplayer, story was not best but gameplay is fun and game is GREAT!!
  80. Mar 14, 2013
    Beautiful Engine the best of the best, but Crappy MP and SP (Can some company can made a real and decent game) The company's of today only focus on make easy money and not a good story line, like the old times. sad same trash year after year :´(
    Please EA pay a real novelist or movie producer but do something.
  81. Mar 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 3 is definitely a bad game with a poor gameplay and a poor story. The game doesnt even support direct x 11, and doesnt support directx 10. The campaign is also too short, expect only a few hours of gameplay. Last but not least, the multiplayers servers are almost empty. Expand
  82. Mar 12, 2013
    All of the 4 points of this review goes to the really impressive graphics, because the general gameplay and the campaign's plot are A PIECE OF CRAP. I was expecting for this game to come back to it's roots, but no, they decided to insist in the same crap. This is the biggest disappointment of this year. I had much more fun playing Aliens Colonial Marines, and this is really not a joke.
  83. Mar 11, 2013
    Crysis 3 has stunning graphics and is finally a top game that support 3d vision (recent releases) for those of us that just can’t go back to play in 2D. The gameplay is as expected for most, but with a little more visual storyline than the previous games. It also surprised me how well Crysis 3 seams to manage to have top of the line graphics and effects without fps suffering compared to other games, even when using 3d vision. Truly a next generation game and a new benchmark! Expand
  84. Mar 10, 2013
    Crysis 3 is incredibly good. Crysis 3 acts as a fantastic finale to the series. That being said, If you have not played BOTH Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 before playing Crysis 3, your experience will be substantially dampened. Crysis 3 bears the most depth in story compared to it's predecessors, being the first Crysis game that actually made me feel a considerable amount of emotion. Crysis 3 serves as a decent sequel to Crysis 2, as well as the successor that Crysis 1 originally deserved. Crysis 3 also features many open areas to explore, making it evident that Crytek has made an effort to pay respects to the open world elements in Crysis 1. Heavily acknowledging the events in both Crysis 1 and Crysis 2, Crysis 3 wraps up the trilogy beautifully. While it is the shortest, it may be the strongest. I hate to use such an overused term, but this game is simply epic. Expand
  85. Mar 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked this game for the most part, the only think that set me off was the storyline. It takes the most random turns and even the end cutscene has me confused. At the end it shows Prophet on the beach of the island from Crysis 1 and he has his own body made of some nanobots. But the thing was Prophet killed himself in Crysis 2 and the story seems to forget that Prophet was using Alcatraz body to keep him alive in the suit and use him to complete the mission. So having been confused, I do think the game has improved and it had wonderful additions. Expand
  86. Mar 10, 2013
    I honestly had more fun with Crysis 3 than I expected to have. But then again, I expected nothing from this game when I saw it at E3 2012.
    Let's just say this: If you liked Crysis 2, you're going to love this game. It pretty much improves upon everything from that game. The game opened up quite a bit and gives you a purpose to explore, as there are off-path caves and such that contain
    hidden upgrades and collectibles. The game is also a whole lot more dynamic due to the fact that everything movement related (sprinting, power jumps) now don't take off suit energy, which makes the game a whole lot more dynamic.
    However you were disappointed with Crysis 2, this probably won't change your mind, as the main gameplay style is still the same. The nanosuit is still very stripped down, giving you only the option between Stealth and Armor mode. The campaign is also very short and pretty easy even on "Post-Human warrior". There's also not a lot of replay value to it, seeing how there's a lot of unskippable dialogue. Granted, it's not as scripted as Crysis 2, but it's still very tedious.

Multiplayer is fun, although besides of the nanosuit and it's mobility, there's not a whole lot to it that you wouldn't get from other Modern Multiplayer shooters. Still, I'd say it's worth checking out.

Overall, if you did not enjoy Crysis 2, I'd say it's worth a rental. Otherwise, go buy it, you'll have fun with it!
  87. Mar 8, 2013
    GOOD: Nice graphics and nanosuit. BAD: Too easy. Took under 7 hours to finish up, even that I was playing on the hardest mode and tried to explore maps for goods and so on. AI is so stupid and they are so easy to kill. Story was quite boring. And I didn't liked multiplayer game, because it was too much like those COD games. The original Crysis is still the best in my opinion.
  88. Mar 7, 2013
    I won't even bother going into the Story aspects of Crysis 3 because they are, like COD/Battlefield, non-existent. The rest of the game, like the last two, is mainly just built to be a Benchmark Tester. Which is disappointing because I'm not entirely sure what they did since Crysis 1 to make it taxing on our Systems now, but C3 honestly doesn't look much better then C1. The main noticeable improvement is in characters; Faces and general textures have improved, but having some of the best looking faces ever in Video Games doesn't really help when you don't give a crap about the person behind the Graphics. I could barely notice any improvements in the environment graphics and the environments themselves actually felt lackluster in comparison to C1 and even C2. The gameplay remains exactly the same as C2, which in turn was basically exactly the same as C1. Thankfully it's a little more involved then COD or BF's combat, but now that we're up to the third installment, it's getting boring. That's about it for Crysis 3, apart from a Benchmark Tester the game's Singleplayer story is extremely lackluster and is over before you blink anyway. Crysis 3 is definitely the worst installment of the current Trilogy and frankly with Crytek's latest statements about planning to not ever have Offline Singleplayer again, they're definitely another company on the "EA Roster" to throw away. Expand
  89. Mar 7, 2013
    Crytek have no doubt made and amazing engine however this is more of an interactive movie with less of the interactive and more of the movie. The engine and graphics and sublime truely exquisite and the story is gripping and thoroughly entertaining throughout however theres far too much of it and not enough game. You spend 10 min killing 10 mobs to have a further 10 mins of cutscene and whilst the presentation is the best out there I can't help feeling that whilst they were perfecting their storytelling machine they forgot about the game. The small amounts of game that are in here are very good the world enviroment is beautiful and incredibly detailed but you don't seen enough of it this engine undoubtedly is the current graphics king but they need more game. Your cut scenes come far too often there aren't enough enemies in enough quantity or variety and then playable parts of the game are far too small and far too easy. As a game this falls very short as a demo of what the crytek engine is capable of its undeniably supreme. I have two 680gtx's and I would happily of swapped a ton of that eye candy for a bigger game with better more challenging gameplay. The game is far too basic and far to simple to keep you engaged I will probably never play it through ever again it holds no challenge. The vihicles felt loose and not very controllable and the multiplay is just as laggy as hell. For eye candy this is awesome, for storytelling this is awesome as a game its sub par and as a multiplayer game its also sub par. Still the best campaign is Half-life 2 and for my money at present the best multiplayer experience is BF3.

Graphics 10

Story 10

Cutscenes 5 they're just too big a part of the game you spend as much time watching as you do playing probably more if you charge through the levels. They would be fine if the game was 10 times bigger.

Gameplay 6 could be so much better it shows all of the potential but struggles to deliver on the promise (repetative sub games unlocking stuff). To much stop-starting with too many cut scenes theres no flow to the gameplay and the vehicles are terrible

Enemies 5 Not enough, Not enough variety, Very dumb AI

Multiplayer 3 laggy lag lag lag

Crysis 3 suffers from the same problem as almost all modern fps they're short eyecandy and dull to play with no repeat playabilitty whatsoever. I lost count of the amout of times I played through Doom 1/2, Quake 1 HL2. Sadly C3 will join rage and a whole raft of other fps that I will never look at again. We want fast paced arcade style shooters with big boss fights at the end of each chapter and lots of chapters. Make the games feel epic again. Even with this engine because of all the crappy cutscenes and interruptions even the final boss fight in C3 feels like a chore (the first time I got there I actually turned it off at the first checkpoint as it was a boring encounter). I had to push myself to comeback and kill him this isn't how a game should be. Crytek, id, EA etc etc were gonna stop buying these games soon not because they're bad but because they're boring.
  90. Mar 7, 2013
    Campaign was just over six hours. I basically just walked through the whole game in stealth, it was so boring and un-engaging. The story was supposed to be psychological but I seriously had no emotional response to it. There were way too many cut-scenes that left me wondering, "Why am I not controlling my character right now?" FFS, the majority of the endgame is comprised of QuickTime events. Focus on multi-player is a cop-out. Mutli-player means that developers get to stop working after the levels are built and they expect the customer to create their own sense of immersion. F that. Some 12-year-old d!p$#!t crying on team-speak does not help create atmosphere. If all I want to do is "compete", I'll play Call of Duty (which will never happen). I bought Crysis for the story and SciFi setting. The story and single-player campaign deserved more attention. Same price as previous titles, a lot less content and a whole lot more Hollywood. Thumbs down. This was a linear, boring, waste of money. Three points for having the most gorgeous graphics of any game ever. Expand
  91. Mar 6, 2013
    Nice graphics.... nice game but my biggest gripe with this game is the constant 1-2 bar connection whilst playing MP. I shoot someone with their back to me..... and nothing, constant insta kills from the enemy, whole clip from me and the enemy doesn't go down!! Same ole same ole.... There are serious connection issues and online lag with this game. If they sort this out I'd be happy and up the score... but I doubt they will, seems though, just now only 700 people worldwide were playing online! Expand
  92. Mar 6, 2013
    Great game, both in terms of graphics and gameplay. The campaign is a bit dry and the A.I isn't all that great. but it is entertaining nonetheless. Multiplayer isn't fantastic either; limited CoD-like game modes, awkward maps and really unbalanced weaponry, but again, it is good fun just to sit back and play.

I would recommend it, but only if you're going to pay less than £30 for it.
  93. Mar 6, 2013
    Yeah it has good graphics and nice environments but the story is IMHO still traditionally BORING! I never finished Crysis because of its story, barely finished Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 I'm just going to sell and never look back because I just can't finish it.
  94. Mar 6, 2013
    awesome game, graphics are stunning, addictive gameplay and lots of choices in multiplayer. campaign is short but i buy games especially for the multiplayer so that isnt a problem
  95. Mar 5, 2013
    Just finished, fantastic ending and thought it was a great way to finish off the series. I have heard complaints of the game not being long enough, but I did not find this. Sad to see the series coming to an end. Very impressive game play and graphics, only wish I had a bit more grunt in the PC rig to cope with some higher settings to see it in all its glory.
  96. Mar 5, 2013
    I love the new lanscape and atmosohere, but its literally pointless, maybe you kick car here or there, and the graphics are amazin on max, but just feels like crysis dlc with pretty nice surroundings, and of course the shoehorned same multiplsyer EVERY game now has to have. I can see the meeting of pulbisher and devs now "We have a dark horse of succss in Dark Souls, anway we can make it lot easierk AND add capture the FLAG!?!? OMG YOU ARE GETTING A RAISE JOHNSON,. Expand
  97. Mar 5, 2013
    If you're tired of 3D, you're tired of life.

I'd like to review this game from the perspective of 3D monitor support. The 3D Vision support is awful. They opted to use 2.5D, like with Crysis 2. This is unacceptable. The difference is like looking at layers of a painting moving over one another, and **being there**. True 3D is incomparably better. If you've never experienced it, you are
    truly missing out (cerain (older?) gamers' grumbles notwithstanding). It's like gaming in color for the first time. I played games, once, on a black and white television. I moved to colour, and I'd never go back. Likewise, playing in 2D seems lacking equally lacking.

Leave in the 2.5D compromise, for those who can't run true 3D, but allow gamers to run true 3D. The lack of true 3D support makes a joke this game's efforts to be "cutting-edge". I'm sure some grossly incompetent executive(s) made the decision. Such an oversight breaks the game, for those connoisseurs who care. (Or so I'd like to say. For me, lack of true 3D is so obvious it hurts, and I don't know why others .)

I generally don't buy games that fail to support 3D properly, and if you have a 3D monitor (and good stereoscopic vision), you shouldn't, either. I made a mistake with this game.
  98. Mar 5, 2013
    First of all: The graphics are the best that i have ever seen.
    Unfortunately this is the only extraordinary feature of the game. The characters are the best and most "living" in all Crysis games. The Story is not that amazing but its solid. The sound is amazing. The overall Gameplay is also good. 7/10 points from me: -1 for story -1 for short duration -1 for uninteresting Multiplayer part.
  99. Mar 5, 2013
    Crysis games are known for the good graphics. That's why I bought Crysis 2 when it came out, and now Crysis 3. The third game is really poor. The campaign isn't fun at all. You just move forward, cloak, shoot, continue. I love shooting, I am really a fps player, but I don't know why, Crysis games are just missing something in their gameplay. The multiplayer has nothing more to offer than Crysis 2, except the Hunter gameplay which is really fun. It's probably the only reason I play. But really, what is the worst about this game, is EA's marketing with the "hunter bow". Trailers and teasers were all about "the cool bow". They called the game "hunter edition" and the cover is again about "the bow". They really tried to look cool and get people to want the game thinking there's something new and really cool, but it's not. You get the bow as your first weapon, to kill silently while cloaked. The thing is, you can only carry 9 arrows and you can't always easily pick them up after you shot some. In other words, just use a gun of you want to kill from a distance or if you want to run arround to get your arrows back, why not just do some melee kills? And arrow refills are pretty rare compared to gun ammo. Onine, the bow is useless too. I tried and tried to use it, but it just sucks. I also see other people trying to use it, but they just die and die without killing anybody. The question is Did they include the bow because they really wanted it to make Crysis 3 a better game? Or because of the hunger games, arrow, walking dead, avengers, The bow is something "cool" right now? I bought crysis 2 for 20 bucks maybe a year after the release. You should all do the same with Crysis 3, because paying 60 bucks for any EA game today is a ripoff. Expand
  100. Mar 5, 2013
    Crytek managed to destroy everything good on Crysis games. As well as Crysis 2 this is no more the same game. Crysis and Crysis warhead are one of the best games ever created, but this one is not the case. Looks are not all.
  101. Feb 19, 2013
    Firstly, Crytek released a true next-gen game. Graphically amazing. Crysis 1 is not the king anymore, Crysis 3 is its real successor, after a slightly disappointing Crysis 2. The game is also well optimized, it still looks amazing with a mix of high/very high specs on a 660TI at +30fps. You'll need a 680 to max out the game though.

Secondly, they improved most of the issues of Crysis 2:
    AI is much better, they react to the player, they communicate better, etc. They also made more opened levels. The campaign also has a better pacing, with 6 to 8 hours gameplay. Crysis 2 was indeed a bit longer, but had some very boring parts.

Some gameplay features are a bit useless, like that hacking which is very poor. The vehicles sections are painful, the handling of the buggy is hard.

Not a 10 because of these small issues, but clearly a 9!

1. Jun 10, 2013
    You are an enhanced super-soldier, the ultimate killing machine developed through nanotechnology, and that fact is fleshed out during gameplay- you can do all the things that you would expect you could do. [April 2013]
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    While it is technically the best version of Crysis out there, it is really only a slightly better version of Crysis 2’s mechanics and graphics. Because of that, Crysis 3 feels more like an expansion pack to Crysis 2 than a true sequel and more than likely not worth your time.
  3. Mar 30, 2013
    A series we're glad to see come to a close. But if you like games with HEAPS of graphics, or for the multiplayer. [Apr 2013, p.82]