Cubemen 2 PC

6.8

1. Apr 8, 2013
    It's certainly an improvement over the original, as far as visual audio appeal and fluidity. That said, the gameplay is just as simple as before, with a few minor changes. I also didn't notice any of the bugs present in the original, but most of them involved the multiplayer feature, which I haven't tried yet.

I would only purchase this game during a sale, as anything more than $5

I would only purchase this game during a sale, as anything more than $5 isn't really worth it. It is somewhat fun, but it is browser-flash-game style fun, not $8 fun.

I have only one major gripe with the game, and that is the micro transactions. There is no reason a game like this should have any micro transactions, let alone $20-30 worth. I can't see many people buying any of these, and even less buying all of them. All they give you are unit level skins. I can *maybe* understand buying one or two things, but just barely.

This game would be better suited with allowing custom imported character and level skins. The functionality would be painfully easy, and it would make the game more enjoyable. The new level editor is a nice addition. In fact, it's a GREAT addition. It's a shame this level of customization is missing from the character level skins themselves.

Cubemen 2 feels like a small game made by a small team, that is fairly entertaining but mostly a learning experience for the team behind it, while also making a bit of money on the side. Sadly, this notion is ruined by the ridiculous micro transactions. In the end, it seems like nothing more than an attempt to make a quick buck by re-releasing a game that we have already played.
  2. AWG
    Jun 9, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but for some reason I never got caught by it. First one was way more appealing in my humble opinion but again I could not explain exactly why.
  3. May 17, 2014
    This game is cool. But it is only cool for up to 5 hours after it is annoying because enormously repetitive. Sure there is the possibility to create their maps and send them to the workshop of steam, but other than that, the game is very limited. So you buy it to play for up to a few hours, then you will uninstall. So for this, the price is too expensive.

1. May 6, 2013
    Behind the plain-looking graphics lives an excellent logic game with perfect balance and multiple ways to solve each puzzle.
  2. Apr 25, 2013
    The biggest issue with this game is how it is a user creation-centric experience, and nearly two weeks after release the online playerbase is almost entirely nonexistent.
  3. Apr 23, 2013
    The new features and the new game modes certainly make the Cubemen 2 an improvement on the original and for the small price tag it is certainly worth a look.