4.3

1. Aug 18, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a nice game, but .. a very big BUT .. the graphics of this game are not really that detailed and rather between mediocre and good. The fact that the levels are big and with a lot of perspective makes up a lot.

Why does the developer uses save points? I REALLY hate save points. If I stop reading a book, I do not restart the complete chapter either you bunch of idiots. I do not like playing a game for 15 min and have to restart 15 min because I died or more. This is not game play but only waisting my precious time!
  2. Oct 3, 2010
    Good controls outdated graphics but the game isn't that bad.The weapons are way to old in design and function.The enemies are very stupid.I like the way is climbing walls.But that all is nice.The action and tension are 0.The character is a copy of Van Hellsing with short hair.To bad it could be something much better.You could give it a try but i can't say i'm happy for playing this.
  3. ThadM
    May 29, 2009
    I was excited when i first saw this game in play magazine the screen shots seemed fun and sorta like a gears of war style shooting mixed with tomb raider esque action.

well i bought it and to be honest it is neither what it is is a over hyped piece of crap the voice acting is so bad it made me wanna shoot myself the combat is as clunky and a n64 console game and the story line made about as much sense as barack obamas plan to fix the economy do yourself a favor dont buy this dont even think about buying it
  4. AnonymousMC
    May 30, 2009
    Yup. Its really that bad. Besides the rediculous story arch, the ugly controls, and the terrible gun play there is something more I wish to mention. So it says it uses the Unreal Engine. Well I think they just used Gears of War 2. (Which also uses the unreal engine by the by) Anyone who has played GoW2 will notice a close connection to the guns used in Damnation...IF FACT! THEY ARE EXACTLYYup. Its really that bad. Besides the rediculous story arch, the ugly controls, and the terrible gun play there is something more I wish to mention. So it says it uses the Unreal Engine. Well I think they just used Gears of War 2. (Which also uses the unreal engine by the by) Anyone who has played GoW2 will notice a close connection to the guns used in Damnation...IF FACT! THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME! Minus being fun and effective. Sure they changed the skin of the gun, but its the same guns! They even use the same friggin crosshairs! Also you'll notice an almost exact copy of the ingame menu from GoW2. Also your made to collect these little glowing discs throughout the game *COUGH COUGH* Cog Tags! And you'd think if they were going to out right copy another games ideas they surely couldn't F*#$ it up with Gears of War but somehow they still manage to make it unenjoyable. Thanks Damnation! Expand
  5. JonHart
    Jun 14, 2009
    False advertisement is what this is. I think they spent more time making sure the preview looked great then actually making the game. They should reimburse all the people who purchased this game if they ever want people to buy their any of their games again. Shame on you codemasters
  6. Robocop5626
    Jul 11, 2009
    Devolving the first person shooter is more apt. BAck flips and ledge jumping do not belong in a FPS unless it is for filler. The FPS portion was odd and the clamoring around climbing was frustrating to say the least. Save the money and prepay your funeral expenses. It will be a better investment, trust me. Of course if you like leaping, twisting and jumping about, you may enjoy this tripe.
  7. D.S.
    Aug 19, 2009
    Non-exsistent A.I? check. Graphics that wouldnt make and difference if they were black and white? check. Clunky acrobatics? check. Terrible weapons and shooting? check. Awful story and long, un-skippable cutscenes containing awful voice-acting and non-sense script? check. This game royaly butchers any aspect of gaming you can think of. oh, and worthless $50 pricetag? check.
  8. AlexH.
    Aug 26, 2009
    Dear lord, this was a deeply irritating game. The graphics were only 2004, at best, and that made the gameplay a little fidgety. The enemies are dumber than oak trees. The combat system was pathetic. The voice acting was as annoying as Alvin and The Chipmunks music (Don't quote that point). There was NO story to it really, it was as if they had forgotten the storyline and needed Dear lord, this was a deeply irritating game. The graphics were only 2004, at best, and that made the gameplay a little fidgety. The enemies are dumber than oak trees. The combat system was pathetic. The voice acting was as annoying as Alvin and The Chipmunks music (Don't quote that point). There was NO story to it really, it was as if they had forgotten the storyline and needed something to fill in. I nearly got sick from all of the climbing because I had to restart so many times. It took up 10 GIGS (I would underline that rather than use caps but...) which is purely ridiculous for the lack of polish, or styling, or thought, or... I think the only remotely enjoyable thing about this was the motorcycle/mini-trains, and that is worth maybe a quarter of a point. All and all, there goes forty bucks I won't be getting back. Codemasters, Blue Omega, why? Expand
    May 26, 2009
    Thanks Codemasters! This is one of the dumbest games I've played in a long time. I'd be laughing if I hadn't paid for it. Be assured this game is far worse than it appears to be in the trailers. For all the claims of "evolving the shooter genre" and "taking it vertical" this is the same gameplay style that was conceived nearly a decade and a half ago in the first Tomb Thanks Codemasters! This is one of the dumbest games I've played in a long time. I'd be laughing if I hadn't paid for it. Be assured this game is far worse than it appears to be in the trailers. For all the claims of "evolving the shooter genre" and "taking it vertical" this is the same gameplay style that was conceived nearly a decade and a half ago in the first Tomb Raider. But whereas the Tomb Raider games are (mostly) well-executed and... what's that word... oh yeah, FUN, this is silly-feeling and plum dumb. Toss in a storyline that is incomprehensible right from the start, some of the most cringe-inducing dialogue this side of an Uwe Boll movie, and ridiculous characters with names like Yakiken (that's yah-KEE-kin--fun to say!), and you've got a hot mess on your hands. Save yourself the trouble and don't even illegally download this one. Expand
  10. LoganM
    May 31, 2009
    I haven't even played past the first few parts due to lack of intrest this is probaly the worst game i have ever played. I would rather play pong for 8 hours then play this game for 10 minutes. I too would be laughing if i had not payed for it. 0 out of 10 for a complete waste of comp space. THANKS FOR MAKING IT LOOK SO AND MAKING ME BUY IT!
  11. BruceM.
    Jun 5, 2009
    Worst element is the need for Jackie Chan moves with the motor controls of a 2 year old. Directional controls are limited to 45 degree increments, so even approaching a item to pick-up or activate a lever can take several attempts. Story line is a waste of time. The only bright spot is a massive 3 axis environment. Problem solving elements are not interesting. Having to restart repeated Worst element is the need for Jackie Chan moves with the motor controls of a 2 year old. Directional controls are limited to 45 degree increments, so even approaching a item to pick-up or activate a lever can take several attempts. Story line is a waste of time. The only bright spot is a massive 3 axis environment. Problem solving elements are not interesting. Having to restart repeated dialogs, door openings, and elevator rides after being killed really adds pain. Best possible player reward would be able to immediately shoot down brainwashing speakers. Some can be shot out others not. Had to turn off the sound often. This could have been good, but you blew it big time. Expand
  12. jeremyf
    Jun 6, 2009
    I am ashamed this game is even on my computer! Let alone that a paid 50$ for it. Never by another codebreaker game now.
  13. MatthewC
    Jun 10, 2009
    A great idea that simply wasn't realized...clumsy, cliched story, terrible mechanics (can you make it any more painful than sending the player back to the top of the *&$@#! lift everytime they die?) average, lacklustre graphics & effects though some textures were quite nice, incredibly repetitive gameplay and overall not satisfying. Really wish I hadn't paid full retail for A great idea that simply wasn't realized...clumsy, cliched story, terrible mechanics (can you make it any more painful than sending the player back to the top of the *&$@#! lift everytime they die?) average, lacklustre graphics & effects though some textures were quite nice, incredibly repetitive gameplay and overall not satisfying. Really wish I hadn't paid full retail for this. Sorry devs, but this effort was shameful. Expand
  14. JonH
    Jun 13, 2009
    Trailer looked great but the game play lets it down. My dog could finish the whole lot in under 4 hours, good job dogs don't play. As an average player i found it far to easy, quests lacked any great difficulty and the paths through the game were tiered. Codebreaker = brain dead in 5 mins. A total waste of money and disk space.
  15. TacoJ
    Jun 18, 2009
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. AT ALL COSTS, even that of your children, do not pull out your wallets when it comes to this piece of trash. Forget liam and jonas, what kind of name is jonas? Some kind of hippy we todd, idk. But this is the single worst game ive ever been fooled by. OMFG do not buy this game.
  16. ColinE
    Jun 29, 2009
    I'd give it a zero if it weren't for the whole Western and Steam punk aspect. The controls are sloppy, the graphics are pretty outdated in terms of being a PS3 game. Player movements are choppy and the NPCs pretty much defy gravity. The story is stupid and rather boring. I was hoping this game would be another GUN but I suppose my hopes were just too high.
  17. Jun 27, 2015
    kjnkjnjnkjnkjnkjnkjnkjnnknkjnkjn;jnnkn

knkjnkjnkjnkjnkjnkjnkjnkjnkjnkjnkjnkjnkjn;n;lklkmlkm;lkmlkmlkmlkmlkm

mkmlnmn.,mn.,mn,mn,mn,mn,mn,mn,.mn,mn,.mn,mn,mn,mn,mn,.mn,.mn,mn,mnkoimjkbhcdcfvgbhnjml,;hgdxszeasxrdcvgbhnjmkjnihbugvfctdxszawertyglhjklm
  18. Jan 29, 2017
    Meh, un juego que podría haber sido un Juegazo, la historia es entretenida, los gráficos normalillos, la estética brutal, pero la jugabilidad es mala, nefasta... un juego recomendable si tienes paciencia y solo quieres disfrutar de una experiencia agridulce

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Damnation is a useless action game especially for core gamers. If only the developers had fulfiled their promises, we could have had a pretty cool game. Now you can enjoy the vertical architecture and nothing more. [May 2009]
  2. Damnation fails at pretty much everything it attempts to do. The story has never heard of coherence, climbing shouldn't be attempted if the gamer wishes to retain his sanity, bullets might as well be thrown with Rourke's bare hands and visually, Damnation could've been entirely in grey and nobody would notice the difference.
  3. Technically, Damnation is not up to date, it looks like a game from the 20th century with overly complicated controls. It's a shame, because it could have been so much better. Blue Omega, please try again.