8.8

1. Feb 26, 2014
    Oh DAOC, if i could go back in time and enjoy you again I would. You were everything an MMO and PVP MMO should be if you can merge in the Public Quests and other small advances we have made.

Damn you Mythic and Damn you EABioware.

Warhammer could have been so good as DAOC2.

Q.Q
  2. Dec 3, 2013
    DAoC is the greatest MMORPG i grew up playing this game from the age of 11 back in 2002 till now. the graphics for one yes it compared to newer games that have come out its dull to few but it was the realistic of the graphics that made it feel real, the storie line the charcters the classes all schyronized well with the historical time this game was based off of. not to mention the RvR no game out there can compare to camelot in PvP combat running around with 50+ taking towers/castles/relics fighting one realm and all of a sudden the 3rd realm comes in and interferes and its a total chaos but fun you could also solo if u knew your way around the map, even the PvE was great you could group together and raid farm or just solo quests or kill to gain experiance in daoc u didnt have to do quests to level u could just run around and kill and honestly gain more xp from that thats something you dont see in these newer games and its kind of dragging to just do quest after quest. now threw the years ive tried other games like WoW WAR hammer rift but ive always came back to daoc and i would still play if it had a population to enjoy the game with like it used to be. and people who've played this game know what im talking about. but hands down not only was this the best MMORPG ive ever played. It is a game that sets the standards for how a MMORPG should be. with that being said i hope the camelot unchained will bring a success in rebirthing this gameplay type. Expand
  3. Feb 13, 2013
    Best MMO ever created. If it had the attention it deserved and had not been bought out and ignored by EA, this would still be the best MMO around. The best Player vs Player experience ever created on an online game, but only as long as you had friends to join you in battle.
  4. Dec 28, 2012
    IMHO this really is the greatest MMORPG of all time. If there was any population on the Mythic servers I would probably still be playing. DAoC struck a balance of Race/Class variety, beautiful immersive world, and sophisticated game play. The is a real MMORPGr's MMORPG.. if you know what I mean. No hokey WoW graphics and linear WoW gameplay. DAoC was the real deal.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    i wish that i could have been playing this game since start, but while i was giving SWG its chances i was totally not doing anything in DAOC, now i totally noticed this now and would like to start playing it, but is it too late?
  6. Oct 14, 2011
    Good, solid MMO. I felt it was a bit of a mixture of UO and Everquest when it came out, and it was quite enjoyable. I never was drawn into it as deeply as I was with UO and Everquest, but I did play it for a year or two and leveled 2 or 3 characters to 50. World of Warcraft is very similar to Daoc, you could say it's a slightly improved version of that game in many ways.
  7. Aug 11, 2011
    This game has been a defining and life-changing experience for me. No game in creation rivals the depth and complexity of the PvP system of DAoC. An absolute masterpiece of game design!

1. Although Dark Age doesn't innovate much, it's the best and most viable MMORPG out there right now.
  2. There are so many things to like about DAoC that it's hard not to find the game charming. [Jan 2002, p.93]
  3. One of the best MMORPGs on the market. It has depth of play, dynamic interplayer action, solid graphics and terrific sound.