Dark Messiah of Might and Magic PC

8.7

1. LukeK.
    Nov 15, 2006
    Very good game with lots of features but a bit buggy.
  2. NicolasR.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Wonderfull game! Nicely between Oblivion and Thief.
  3. NathanG.
    Nov 2, 2006
    This game in my opinion is the greatest FPS out sense Half-Life... It's really fun, and just plainly amazing to see the environment react with what you do! Plainly awesome game. I can't stop playing!
  4. BenM.
    Nov 23, 2006
    Good game, but lacks that of a real game from Steam. Very nice fps play but the lack of storyline; made what could be a potentially good game something significantly less. Oblivion is still the victor.
  5. JonaR.
    Nov 9, 2006
    It's Just a great game and brings an new perspective in action games (body)
  6. NickR.
    Dec 3, 2006
    This game fulfills many aspects of gaming that I really enjoy: solving easy little puzzles, first person pace and energy, and swords + magic. You just can't go wrong. It brings back fond memories of Hexen and Heretic. It's nice to see a FPS of this genre built on such a good gaming engine and not trying to combine itself with an RPG to any extent that it bogs everything down. I This game fulfills many aspects of gaming that I really enjoy: solving easy little puzzles, first person pace and energy, and swords + magic. You just can't go wrong. It brings back fond memories of Hexen and Heretic. It's nice to see a FPS of this genre built on such a good gaming engine and not trying to combine itself with an RPG to any extent that it bogs everything down. I only give it 10 to help raise the average. Realistically, it's a 9.2 Expand
  7. Anthony
    Oct 25, 2006
    10 Stars! Although there were some glitches on the first day, they updated the game within the first 2 hours. Everything works fine now, and i'm halfway through the game. AMAZING SO FAR!
  8. AlexJ.
    Oct 25, 2006
    Awsome game. The combat system has high potential for user skill development. The scenery is great, and for once AI isn't an idiom.
  9. J.Gollum
    Oct 26, 2006
    A magical mixture of different genre ingredients that suffers almost solely from loading times. Hope a patch will fix those. The replay value is only getting clear to me now, when I'm about 90% through the sp campaign. An instant classic, if anyone asked me.
  10. Alex
    Oct 27, 2006
    Ignore gamespot's review. Clearly the reviewer wasnt playing the same game I was. Great graphics, fantastic 1P combat, and more gore than you can throw a stick at. I wouldn't buy it for the plot - but if gruesome and realstic medieval / fantasy action is your thing then DM will knock your socks off, guaranteed. Just make sure you have a rig that can run it. the HDR effects can Ignore gamespot's review. Clearly the reviewer wasnt playing the same game I was. Great graphics, fantastic 1P combat, and more gore than you can throw a stick at. I wouldn't buy it for the plot - but if gruesome and realstic medieval / fantasy action is your thing then DM will knock your socks off, guaranteed. Just make sure you have a rig that can run it. the HDR effects can get a little intense at times. Expand
  11. FernandoE.
    Oct 27, 2006
    It's an amazaing game,it have an exellent character animation and a lot of fantasy action in a first person game. i have been waiting for somthing like it.
  12. MikeB.
    Oct 27, 2006
    Phenomenal. A must play. Brilliant level design. Brilliant graphics. Supreme adventure. Brutal hack and slash. What more could you ask for?
  13. ClaesM.
    Oct 30, 2006
    A great action rpg with loads of fantastic gfx animations and sounds + awesome music that fits really well.
  14. MarcNoon
    Oct 6, 2006
    I've never been so happy to play a demo before. The entire experience is emersive and challenging. I especially like the the skills you can acquire by just selecting the tab button. It brings up the points you've earned and you can choose the skills for your player. I hope that there are more types of characters btw.
  15. RyanCook
    Aug 9, 2006
    This is no game, it's a masterpiece! By introducing an absolute "clear-cut" combat system, brilliant visuals and innovative multiplayer, DM:MM dominates the majority of other similar (RPG and FPS) games. It redefines the whole aspect of visual warfare and kicks the famous Oblivion game off its throne. All hail to the new king, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
  16. CarstenJaksch
    Sep 19, 2006
    ich schreibs mal in deutsch:
    ich finde dieses spiel großartig mit der grafik die gut aussieht und bei der das spiel noch recht ruckfrei auf meinem computer läuft. Die ganzen features etc. sind auch sehr gut gemacht und das ganze aussehen und die geschichte ist für mich nur eine wertung von 10 wert!!! das beste spiel was ich jeh gesehn hab!
  17. bokfu1
    Nov 30, 2007
    Great game once you get through the learning curve. Lots of action and magic, Play it on hard!
  18. DanielR.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Amazing game!
  19. KarlK.
    Jan 19, 2007
    I loved the story, the characters and above all; the combat. This game really brings out the best of the Half-Life 2 engine with some spectacular HDR-effects and nice looking charcters. The bugs which have pulled down the rating for many magazines and gamingsites are gone with the patches, so just make sure to patch the game before you play it. It's probably the best game of 2006.
  20. ZarekA.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Very smooth game and addicting online gameplay. Singleplayer is easy but fun.
  21. JamesM.
    Jan 24, 2007
    Don't get me wrong this is a VERY good game its just bugs and crashes are so frequent it marrs the obvious fun of this blood smattered fantasy! The visuals are overall impressive but the physical gameplay is the best part the first time you kick someone and they fall (through wooded planks!) is so impressive you have to pause and say wow!
  22. AnonymousMC
    Dec 4, 2007
    Obviously this title seems to be a "love-or-hate" kind of game: Some like the refreshingly different gameplay, some just don't seem to get it. I have to give this game a ten just to balance the unfairly poor scores it has got! I can't understand any of the issues mentioned in the bad reviews, I haven't encountered any bugs and the combat system is truly revolutionary, notObviously this title seems to be a "love-or-hate" kind of game: Some like the refreshingly different gameplay, some just don't seem to get it. I have to give this game a ten just to balance the unfairly poor scores it has got! I can't understand any of the issues mentioned in the bad reviews, I haven't encountered any bugs and the combat system is truly revolutionary, not repetitive and dull as some have said. Expand
  23. SilverW.
    Jan 27, 2007
    Very good game, enjoyed it. I wished it was longer, I want more.
  24. Khaell
    Dec 7, 2007
    Brilliant Game! its everything what i needed. good multiplayer, storyline in Single, Sword fighting system. 10
  25. MarioS.
    Jan 9, 2007
    Very good story! Very good gameplay with some great ideas. Just the endsequence is a bit to short and not worthy for this game.
  26. JasonR.
    Oct 9, 2007
    I just finished the game, and, I was satisfied...I would create an account but the account creation page wouldn't let me. Other than that, I say keep up the good work to the people that created Dark Messiah.
  27. MIke2blade
    Feb 20, 2007
    Great game, enticing story line that sucks you in like a Tar Pit, gameplay is Very fun, gotta love beheading orcs with the Havok physics engine. Some tech. glitches can be a little frustrating but patience definitely pays off with some fun game play
  28. G.Gigandet
    Feb 3, 2007
    Great single player game, a real change from the shoot em ups.
  29. ThomasH.
    Mar 1, 2007
    Good single player game. Multiplayer is questionable. Didn't care for it.
  30. zachariahfletchef
    Mar 15, 2007
    BEST-GAME-EVER! It is so amazing before i got it i played the demo over 50 times even though it is only one level.
  31. ElvenR.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Being a Hardcore Casual RPG gamer, I am surprised at the very different gameplay of Dark Messiah. The lack of leveling is...not quite irking, not quite satisfying...definitely intriguing. I like the skill leveling, and it seems to take some time to earn the few skills the game offers. The use of the Rope Bow is repetitive but satisfying, but the thrill of finding new weapons and armor are Being a Hardcore Casual RPG gamer, I am surprised at the very different gameplay of Dark Messiah. The lack of leveling is...not quite irking, not quite satisfying...definitely intriguing. I like the skill leveling, and it seems to take some time to earn the few skills the game offers. The use of the Rope Bow is repetitive but satisfying, but the thrill of finding new weapons and armor are diminished by little, if any real evidence of significance. I love the Lightning Daggers when used against Orcs, but if you can't see your target for your arms...I also like that arrows are at a certain premium, as well. Annoying, but realistic. And why is there not a place to sell extra items? Why collect all those Orcish Cleavers if not to make a profit, not that collecting them makes any difference. All in all, however, Dark Messiah creates a new and invigorating experience for me, and I continue to go back for more. I am in the process of accessing the Multiplayer addition to try out the Coliseum. Expand
  32. AnonymousMC
    Mar 17, 2007
    I own this game in german cut version, and I can't understand some bad reviews i read. In alle German magazines, it made it to at least 85 points out of 100, which is very good. I actually don't care about reviews but the fun I have by playing the game. However, all I wanna say is: SP justs kicks a**es, but the MP just ROCKS!
  33. mikeself
    Mar 29, 2007
    this game is bad ass and for all you people that are making negative comments stfu gamespy and pc gamer you guys are so fucking lame you say that games are good and they are shit you say games are bad and they are good its just a couple of you nerdy fucks that expects to much in the wrong areas .......and not enough in others so ........get your shit together
  34. ShadowB.
    Mar 29, 2007
    That is the most impressive and amazing game production in a fantasy universe since Robert Jordan's 'wheel of time'! A definitely must have for all fans of action and fantasy hack n slay! Who ever gives this awesome game a rating under 8, couldn't ever really have experienced it!
  35. DavidP.
    Mar 5, 2007
    The graphics trick the eyes with realism, the spells have interesting effects and are what you'd expect a mage or cleric to have... though their multitude of uses and a destroyable environment challenge the player to come with creative ways to solve three dimensional puzzels and kill fierce orcs or undead. To give a sense of humor to the game, weak willed and cowardly goblins have The graphics trick the eyes with realism, the spells have interesting effects and are what you'd expect a mage or cleric to have... though their multitude of uses and a destroyable environment challenge the player to come with creative ways to solve three dimensional puzzels and kill fierce orcs or undead. To give a sense of humor to the game, weak willed and cowardly goblins have been thrown in with a smattering of phrases sure to make you laugh before you finish them off. Expand
  36. JakeM.
    Apr 16, 2007
    Brilliant game, Fighting system is possibly the best i have ever seen, the only downside is that the games storyline moves along very fast, and you dont really get to do much.
  37. EduardoD.
    Apr 29, 2007
    Amazing stuff. Congratulations for those who had worked on the game.
  38. AronV.
    Apr 5, 2007
    Graphics are amazing, combat is great and intense. The attention to detail is very good. With the two patches that have come out, that game is fixed and doesn't crash or freeze. Absolutely fun game. Only cons are that it is fairly linear and you can get lost easily.
  39. ValentineM.
    Jun 12, 2007
    Wonderful game... And the highest mark is for it! Optimal choice for fanatics of Might&Magic games line.
  40. FredrikB.
    Jun 6, 2007
    Its a very good game but it was to short, Finished it in 1.5 days : /
  41. AnonymousMC
    Jul 1, 2007
    I wonderful game. Well scripted single player missions, you feel as if your character is part of an epic story (It's like playing an interactive movie). Though this does remove the freedom found on Oblivion. But I don't think that is what this game wants to do. Compare it to Doom, HL2 etc and this game is worth every cent.

The graphics are great, there is a great sense of

The graphics are great, there is a great sense of scale. You feel very small standing next to a castle wall, this is something that other games don't too well.

Hardware recommendation are high though to help fully immerse yourself. But well worth the cost to upgrade. Castles look great with HDR rendering.
  42. LucasS.
    Jul 25, 2007
    A lot of people seem to be complaining about glitches in the game, but after installing the patch right away I'm yet to encounter a noticble and common glitch, I just don't seem to be having that problem. The game is a beautifully detailed, realistic game with some rather impressive A.I. built in to boot. I have had nothing but good and amusing experiances with this game and A lot of people seem to be complaining about glitches in the game, but after installing the patch right away I'm yet to encounter a noticble and common glitch, I just don't seem to be having that problem. The game is a beautifully detailed, realistic game with some rather impressive A.I. built in to boot. I have had nothing but good and amusing experiances with this game and highly reccomend it to any one who is an rpg, or fantasy fan. Drawbacks are the levels or at least the mobs inside the levels are fairly repetitive and the story line seems vaguely short, nevertheless the plot holds some merit and is somewhat intrigueing. Also the game seems excessivly short for what could have been turned into an amazingly long and enjoyable game, much like the gothic series (saddly gothic 3 doesnt live up to my standards but thats another review) but it seems they cut short. As for replay value....I think it would be more or less just for the sake of amusement on a rainy day, as it would all seem rather similar to go through every "dungeon" again.... Expand
  43. DanielS.
    Jul 26, 2007
    Very good game. I like the first person thing.
  44. MaxC.
    Jul 8, 2007
    Havent had that much fun in a long time, great system, great levels, could do with better multiplayer, more chapters and less bugs.
  45. HelenT.
    Aug 21, 2007
    Very good game, but can be hard sometime to figure thing out to get past the level.
  46. JoshuaY.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Dark messiah is graphically beautiful with 1st rate detail. !st person action brings a new thing into the rpg world giving a feeling of being there. none can match it.
  47. Zeriot
    Nov 30, 2008
    There is certainly no graphical glitches in my game and I play it on a 5 year old computer. I have pleayed it through four times (not that hard since its not so long, which btw is the major flaw of the game) and even on hard its doable to kill your enemies without restoring to kicking etc as I read some critics have written. If they cannot see how you can successfully create a mage/warriorThere is certainly no graphical glitches in my game and I play it on a 5 year old computer. I have pleayed it through four times (not that hard since its not so long, which btw is the major flaw of the game) and even on hard its doable to kill your enemies without restoring to kicking etc as I read some critics have written. If they cannot see how you can successfully create a mage/warrior that kill every opponent it is their problem, but then they also havent seen the potential the game really has. Expand
  48. AminC.
    Mar 22, 2008
    This game was under-rated for a long time.
  49. MarcusB.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Perfect, but the end is to short...
  50. AlexH.
    Mar 4, 2008
    The loved the diverse story linear storyline and the exciting multiplayer.
  51. BenB.
    Apr 20, 2008
    one of the best games I've played in a WHILE its been so long since a game has been made like this.
  52. JesseJ.
    May 1, 2008
    An awesome game, certainly worth trying.
  53. MatthewB.
    May 22, 2008
    Great enjoyment and plenty of fun. Is a bit glitchy but the combat seriously overrules that. All round its a great game therefore the well deserved 9/10.
  54. Keldran
    May 3, 2008
    Incredible game. I bought and played after the patches, so I do not know if most of the poorer reviews are pre-patch, but I would think so!
  55. SeanE.
    Aug 14, 2008
    A brilliant game, some brilliant graphics with the source engine, but which are easily over looked. The story is somewhat short but satisfying, tending to bring out the darker side in people, with awe inspiring game play and none stop action, i would recommend this to anyone with a taste for blood.
  56. MichalS
    Oct 31, 2009
    For me this game is really good, it has many bugs but they're really funny. Ubisoft should make some patches to it.
  57. ChristainS
    Jun 22, 2009
    Wow, the Combat-System of this game is so fantastic ;) I think the lower Metascore is a result of the Multiplayer-Part, perhaps it would be better if there would be 2 scores for SP and MP ! Then I would give 10 for SP and 8 for MP. I give 10 because DMOMM is one of my best Games I have ever played!
  58. LeviJ
    Jun 4, 2009
    There's only 2 reasons in my mind that could give this game a low score. 1) The expectations for this game were far too high, and when people got the game, it of course didn't meet those crazy high expectations. (Movies and games alike that have incredibly high hype pre-release both suffer from this disease. Hype can get so overblown that it becomes impossible to meet the There's only 2 reasons in my mind that could give this game a low score. 1) The expectations for this game were far too high, and when people got the game, it of course didn't meet those crazy high expectations. (Movies and games alike that have incredibly high hype pre-release both suffer from this disease. Hype can get so overblown that it becomes impossible to meet the expectation.) and 2) If the system they were using was not compatible for some reason with the game. I did not experience either of these dilemmas, and as a game, Dark Messiah is flat out awesome. I'm actually on my second play through, and for me, it's right up there with Bioshock. The multiplayer isn't that great from what I've tried, but this is a single player masterpiece. Expand
    Nov 1, 2006
    Dark Messsiah of M&M is a leap up from games of this type. The first person combat is some the best ever. The world it bring to life is brilliant. And adventure pulls you in again and again.
  60. AndersL.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Best FPS ever made to DATE! And I was playing it with 800*600 because if my BAD grafik card! Hope that there will be an expansion for the GAME.
  61. JamesP.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Awesome Graphics Fun Gameplay and overall good game.
  62. AlejandroVicente
    Nov 12, 2006
    este juego es el mejor de la saga might and magic y uno de los mejores del año(por no decir el mejor)
    los graficos,la banda sonora,los dialogos,la estupenda traduccion a cinco idiomas,la vista en primera persona, los combates,... y sobre todo el fantastico modo online para hasta 32 jugadores simultaneos ... ¿mi opinion? una pasada
  63. AndrewP.
    Nov 13, 2006
    I liked it. Fluid story line, great graphics.
  64. KarstenJ.
    Nov 14, 2006
    This game kicks some new and fresh energy to the fps genre! It may got some bugs, but the gameplay is fantastic. Grab your sword and shield and prepare for the best ever fights! As to many others I find the singleplayer story exciting and rewarding. All in all a really good game with a blast of a gameplay!
  65. SergeyT.
    Nov 15, 2006
    I do not understand some critics votes. They just trying to find the bad or not good side pieces of Dark Messiah. But can they say, what for another game has the same "pluses" that have Dark Messiah? I thought not. We do not need blind reviews.

Dark Messiah is the big and hard work, that turn after release into something, that give's us a pleasure.
  66. BrianL.
    Nov 21, 2006
    Very good and realistic gameplay. Well paced game with great graphics! However, would appreciate if there are more skill levels available for players.
  67. BorisK.
    Nov 2, 2006
    One of the most memorable FPS games released in the past few years. Amazing graphics and fun gameplay resembling a mix of Deus Ex, Severance and Quake. Has a few technical problems though.
  68. TomH.
    Nov 25, 2006
    The best game i've ever seen, the low score critics are wrong about all the polishing and stuff. They update once in a while making it alot better. Probably best RPG yet.
  69. AdiR.
    Nov 25, 2006
    Great game offering a variety of play styles. Could not stop playing for a week.
  70. CochaA.
    Nov 27, 2006
    This game is wonderfull! Its request is a little high but with a high-level pc nothing is impossible.
  71. JohnB.
    Nov 29, 2006
    Ridiculously awesome game, with its mixture of FPS and fantasy style fighting, magic, etc... it is defiantely a must have for any gamer.
  72. AnnoymousYOURGAY
    Nov 30, 2006
    Dark Messiah is a great game. The combat system is great, cutting off heads,limbs and arms. The graphics are great, but it does ask for a lot. I couldn't stop playing this game and i still cant becuase it's so fun. Whats with you little nerds saying its crap because im to poor to afford graphics cards and im to shit to pass it becuase I suck.
  73. JonK.
    Nov 4, 2006
    Very fun game, pretty long, and the source engine is sooo beautiful.
  74. MikeL.
    Dec 19, 2006
    Who woulda thought that an FPS based on something like diablo can be so fun, I tell you ubisoft has done it again. lets start with multiplayer you can choose between several game modes: Crusade, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag mode the player can choose his character from five classes, DM still has many glitches and bugs online constent crashes so its not for the faint Who woulda thought that an FPS based on something like diablo can be so fun, I tell you ubisoft has done it again. lets start with multiplayer you can choose between several game modes: Crusade, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag mode the player can choose his character from five classes, DM still has many glitches and bugs online constent crashes so its not for the faint heart character voices arent bad it has a LOTR like to it if you like game soundtracks this is for you the boss fights just get you going right into the game Single player - takes place 20 years after the end of Heroes of Might and Magic V young man called Sareth is sent by his master to the city of Stonehelm to give an artifact called the Shantiri Crystal to Menelag the wizard. From there, the game will quickly put you in the middle of the action and let you progress through nine chapters and one epilogue of various lengths. You see the world through the eyes of Sareth, who travels alone most of the time, and the games does a good job to let you identify to the character. Overrall i give it a 10 outa 10 if you dont havent tryed it yet just buy its a buy Expand
  75. PatrickMeier
    Dec 21, 2006
    DM is very nice game for action and Fantasy Fans so its something new. The graphic is phantastic. Only problem is the sound in Multiplayer.
  76. DG
    Dec 21, 2006
    Lot's of gore and forward thinking, which makes it like Lara Croft on steroids. No high technology weapons, only sweat and precision.
  77. ShaunC.
    Dec 22, 2006
    one of the best games i have ever played - i like it where the skeletons fall over when i have fired an ice arrow at the ground (very funny)
  78. WiliiamS.
    Dec 24, 2006
    Minor graphical glitches don't take away from this game. The fighting system is a pleasure to learn and can be picked up easily by new players. The single player game could be a little longer but the inclusion of different endings makes replying a must. The ending cut scenes need to be longer and show the affects of your choice of ending to be top notch. Overall this game could be Minor graphical glitches don't take away from this game. The fighting system is a pleasure to learn and can be picked up easily by new players. The single player game could be a little longer but the inclusion of different endings makes replying a must. The ending cut scenes need to be longer and show the affects of your choice of ending to be top notch. Overall this game could be better but it's a delightful and entertaing mix of FPS and RPG. I would recommend this game to my friends. Expand
  79. AlexP.
    Dec 25, 2006
    This is one of the best games sold out as an RPG. The gameplay ie. fighing is very realistic and extremely fun. It has never crashed on me so far and I've played at least an hour. The skill tree I find is well done, and I have no problems with it. I especially like how items in your inventory take up only one space, unlike previous RPG's. Being a mage is very entertaining, like This is one of the best games sold out as an RPG. The gameplay ie. fighing is very realistic and extremely fun. It has never crashed on me so far and I've played at least an hour. The skill tree I find is well done, and I have no problems with it. I especially like how items in your inventory take up only one space, unlike previous RPG's. Being a mage is very entertaining, like charming guys and watch them fight. This game deserves at least an 8. But since it's so good I give it a 10. Expand
  80. DanielB.
    Dec 29, 2006
    Combat system is unlike anything I've ever seen, the graphics are awesome and the storyline rocks, even if it is a bit predictible! Only problem is I find the Indoor levels a bit tiresome and lacks the immersion of the outside levels.
  81. GiH.
    Dec 4, 2006
    To be honest, I always took a much greater interest in the multiplayer portion of Dark Messiah rather than its single player brethren. Developed by Kuju Entertainment, the company responsible for helping develop the EyeToy games for the PS2, the multiplayer mode for Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Battalion Wars for the Nintendo Gamecube, the multiplayer mode of Dark Messiah encompasses a To be honest, I always took a much greater interest in the multiplayer portion of Dark Messiah rather than its single player brethren. Developed by Kuju Entertainment, the company responsible for helping develop the EyeToy games for the PS2, the multiplayer mode for Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Battalion Wars for the Nintendo Gamecube, the multiplayer mode of Dark Messiah encompasses a unique style of gameplay in a fantasy setting. The game splits between 2 factions, the Humans and the Undead. Each faction allows 5 playable classes, the Assassin, the Priestess, the Mage, the Archer, and the Warrior. The only difference between the Humans and the Undead is their physical appearance; otherwise, they are essentially the same. Now the question is, how does the multiplayer stack up? Pretty nicely, and I won Expand
  82. LoveActually
    Dec 5, 2006
    WONDERFUL game. With a good computer you can run it on the best graphic etc, and its amazing. Visual effects, story, landscape ++! LOVE IT
  83. BellinoP.
    Oct 28, 2006
    The professional Reviewers that gave this game a low score must be paid off by someone or out of their minds. This is one of the best games I have ever played Period.
  84. YermakirumY.
    Oct 31, 2006
    Very good game.
  85. NickD.
    Nov 14, 2007
    It's so amazing. It needs a beast of a computer to run. I couldn't play it on my old rig, and I just buillt a new one and playing this game was one of the many things I was looking forward to. The movements the character reactions to the environment. This game doesn't get the credit it deserves.
  86. DominicH.
    Nov 16, 2007
    This game is brilliant. Amazing modification of the Source physics engine, especially in combat!
  87. JelkeA.
    Nov 4, 2007
    Lots of bugs have to do a lot of stuff to get it running. When it does run its cool, fun, and addictive. Interesting story elements in action and gameplay make it all worth your trouble and make everything work out.
  88. BouuobT.
    Nov 5, 2007
    A really deep game with many elements of gameplay that havent been brought out by any other game. A must play rpg for any fan or rpg.
  89. AlexanderG.
    Jan 15, 2007
    I Really enjoyed the game alot. But there were many bugs and I thought my computer was going to explode! talk about glitch. The single player was great but was fairly short. But besides all that I could not stop playing. I went through the game 8 times and it was different every time. But my computer crashed alot and was very disapointing. But I got to admit that chopping an orcs head off I Really enjoyed the game alot. But there were many bugs and I thought my computer was going to explode! talk about glitch. The single player was great but was fairly short. But besides all that I could not stop playing. I went through the game 8 times and it was different every time. But my computer crashed alot and was very disapointing. But I got to admit that chopping an orcs head off is alot of fun. I would gladly hand over my 50 bucks for this game. Expand
  90. AndyB.
    Jan 16, 2007
    I really enjoyed this game and I am an old school Quake 1 player. I loved Morrowwind and was hoping Oblivion would top it but didn't. I was very surprised that in my opinion Dark Messiah added the little things I wanted to see in Oblivion and more. Very enjoyable game.
  91. JosephR.
    Oct 18, 2007
    This was one of the best FPS RPG game that I ever played.
  92. JoshS.
    Jan 21, 2007
    This game is just plain awesome. Although I haven't been a faithful follower of the game series (my last was Might and Magic VII), I'm hooked now. This game, especially on new computers with decent 512MB graphics cards, has spectacular graphics, awesome fight scenes, and replayability galore. Killing orcs on spikes or random enemies with traps is priceless, and the magic spells This game is just plain awesome. Although I haven't been a faithful follower of the game series (my last was Might and Magic VII), I'm hooked now. This game, especially on new computers with decent 512MB graphics cards, has spectacular graphics, awesome fight scenes, and replayability galore. Killing orcs on spikes or random enemies with traps is priceless, and the magic spells are amazingly cool to cast (fireballs especially, as you can home them in with your mouse). Multiplayer is simply to appease the Steam users, but also incredibly fun and I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves other Steam games. Crusade and Deathmatch are always fun, and the players are usually very friendly to n00bs (I recommend playing single-player before playing multiplayer, however, or you will be PWNED). All in all, I can't give this game any less than a ten. I compare the sensation of playing it to such greats as Counter Strike and Halo, and this game is destined for greatness despite the poor ratings from some critics. Expand
  93. Atech66
    Jan 31, 2007
    This game is a blast. I'm running a Geforce 6600 256 and a 1 Gig board with a 2Ghz processor and haven't had any problems at all finished it once I must be missing the glitches. Starting again to really see everything. Awesome game.
  94. MatthewA.
    Jan 31, 2007
    The visuals were perfect - if you've played Heroes of Might and Magic V, you'll feel right at home; Ubisoft was smart enough to make sure the devs copied the artistic style of the cities in Heroes to make the architecture in Dark Messiah. The melee combat system really is the best I've seen in a CRPG - and I've played just about every first- and third-person fantasy The visuals were perfect - if you've played Heroes of Might and Magic V, you'll feel right at home; Ubisoft was smart enough to make sure the devs copied the artistic style of the cities in Heroes to make the architecture in Dark Messiah. The melee combat system really is the best I've seen in a CRPG - and I've played just about every first- and third-person fantasy game released since 1994. No joke. My only complaint about the melee system are that it seemed that it was very hard to aim certain power attacks. Well, I also felt cheated on the weapons: the flame-sword doesn't look anything like the one on the box, there's only one axe and it sucks, and the backstab animation got old, fast. The voice-acting for several characters is needlessly melodramatic, like a 14-year-old goth kid playing Dungeon Master for the first time. In a similar vein, the storyline felt very contrived, but then I replayed Heroes of Might and Magic - without skipping all the cutscenes this time - and that served to fill in some of the gaps. The only remaining problem with the plot is the relative linearity of it - there's little to no replayability here, since, aside from varying your style from melee to archery, or spells to stealth, every time through is going to be more or less the same. I bought the game in December, after the first patch or two was out, and didn't experience any problems with crashes. AMD 3600XP, RADEON 9800SE, NForce3 chipset mainboard, 2GB RAM. All told, the game only really loses points for the plot. You only really get to make two "character development" choices in the game, over which girl to take and whether or not to unleash the demon hordes, and the choices really only manifest at the very end, so there's essentially no reward for either one. Expand
  95. BertrandP.
    Feb 12, 2007
    Excellent game, a mix of FPS and RPG, the result is really great.
  96. JoeS.
    Feb 22, 2007
    It is like a sword fighting better graphic version of half life two, my all time favorite game. The ways of killing people are great and vast, plus the online multi player is pretty good.
  97. Raoul
    Feb 27, 2007
    Great game, if you've got the rig to pull this hog of a game. No crashes so far, top notch railride action superlight rpg/fps.
  98. MarvinC.
    Apr 11, 2007
    I just have begun my quest into the world of Dark Messiah. So far its wonderful no complaints not as detailed as Oblivion but its beautiful in its own rights do your self a favor Check it out Now!
  99. JoshuaB.
    May 13, 2007
    Good game! Incredible fight system good graphics. Long load times and game play interruptions are the only flaws I've noticed so far.
  100. RobV.B.
    May 26, 2007
    A very good and intriguing game with a fascinating storyline. The combat system is one of the best I've seen, although it has some flaws (mainly the instant kill feature). Multiple endings, hot chicks, decapitating goblins and orcs. It's going to keep you occupied for quite some time.

1. PC Gamer UK
    There's really nothing that can match Dark Messiah's combat. The mixture of weaponry and convincingly cause-and-effect physics really does take first-person fighting to new places. [Nov 2006, p.62]
  2. If the game suffers, it's from over-explanation, the occasional lapse in the combat, and the repetitive nature of the environmental weaponry. But I was kept entertained all the way through, and I've never felt so directy responsible for chopping off a goblin's arm. [Dec 2006, p.70]
  3. PC Format
    An outstanding experience. It manages to create a constant sense of threat, includes some stunning set-pieces, and introduces a cast of breathtaking beasts, all within a combat system that is one of the most versatile and violent we have ever seen. [Dec 2006, p.98]