6.4

1. GlassEye
    Mar 25, 2009
    79/80 Not a bad little game for the money. It reminds me of the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell and recent Rainbow Six game series. It also runs on older machines at 2.0 ghz amd above with little or no trouble except in distance graphics. The artwork is top-notch, so if you like half descent artwork, here you go. Missing? The excitement level and it is over the shoulder with a rigid aspect of 79/80 Not a bad little game for the money. It reminds me of the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell and recent Rainbow Six game series. It also runs on older machines at 2.0 ghz amd above with little or no trouble except in distance graphics. The artwork is top-notch, so if you like half descent artwork, here you go. Missing? The excitement level and it is over the shoulder with a rigid aspect of moving the character that could use some work. Kill boss and minions and move on. But overall in my opinion it is a very good sci-fi fps with a nice storyline and I recommend. A pleasant surprise for the price. Thumbs up! Expand
  2. Aug 22, 2013
    Given the history of the game's development it makes sense where this game has it's limitations... the plot seems decent if a bit anemic at times however that is secondary to the gameplay experience itself.

It is certainly a game for mature audiences what with the violent content and copious amounts of blood and gore. This game isn't a game for kids in any way, shape or form... the puzzles are quite difficult and it doesn't hold your hand through any of it save for the initial "this is what a puzzle looks like" in the first act. Also, the game is satisfyingly difficult giving you the chance to really challenge yourself. There are some spots where the difficulty seems just a bit too much but again, this game will not hold your hand and "tell you a story" with a few gameplay events here and there... so, if you're looking for a game where you can lose yourself in the story and not be bothered with too much difficulty, then this game may not be for you.

It is also paced well... with just the right amount of slow points to give you a chance to catch your breath.

It's not a perfect game... it has it's "Derp" moments... However, try and understand the game's history and how it came to development and you'll understand why this game wasn't as good as it could have been.

All in all, a hidden gem for gamers looking for a game that will give them a tough challenge, immersive environment and rewarding gameplay. Hardcore gamers will love this game... casual gamers might find it a bit too intense.
  3. May 9, 2012
    Very nice game, the storyline is okay, the graphics aren't bad for 2009 but I personally don't care at all about graphics, the controls are good, I love swinging around my blade and controlling it in mid air, the game is gory and I love it! the amount of blood in the game satisfies me and the game is really fun, I don't understand why the low scores on this game, this game is **** awesome!

1. Predictable from the get-go, wrapped in a blanket of tired clichés, without an ounce of adrenaline in its blood, Dark Sector has finally surfaced after eight years of oblivion, yet nobody seems to care.
  2. The gameplay is quite enjoyable despite its apparent simplicity, and the best thing is the spinning glaive, the most dangerous boomerang thingy in the universe. It chops off hands, legs and heads, and when powered up can even cut people in half. Overall, Dark Sector is a very decent shooter - or slasher? [Apr 2009]
  3. Dark Sector is a pleasant enough distraction for any fan of action or shooting games. It’s not likely to keep you busy for too long, since there’s little replay value to be found.