Darksiders II PC

7.9

1. Sep 24, 2012
    I loved the first darksiders this one was just okay. It gives up the main plot in 5min then makes you spend 20+ hours chasing it. If the story had more to it the length would't be a problem. But by the last 3 hrs I found myself hoping for the end so I could move on to other games.
  2. Oct 26, 2012
    I don't know what happened in the recent years, but when I played Darksiders back then, I enjoyed the game a lot. It did not mindlessly combined ideas of other developers, to me it created its own Bible Arkham asylum. With this game it's different. I don't like it. First of all, I think it lacks story moments. Of 45 hours I spent in this game I had about 2 hours of story telling moments. II don't know what happened in the recent years, but when I played Darksiders back then, I enjoyed the game a lot. It did not mindlessly combined ideas of other developers, to me it created its own Bible Arkham asylum. With this game it's different. I don't like it. First of all, I think it lacks story moments. Of 45 hours I spent in this game I had about 2 hours of story telling moments. I thing had the game length of the original, I would not notice this. But here it frustrated me. Secondly, the game artificially prolonged. Instead of one brilliant quest changing another with bullet speed, I go to one person for help, he sends me to another guy, the later needs me to clear 3 dungeons/floors/ collect orbs/crystals etc. You name it! How comes the game that handled quests presentation similar to Bayonetta and God of War, suddenly goes down to MMORPG-style? Next big problem - loot. I have nothing against it. I had my thumbs up for this opportunity. The case is, it is broken. In the original game, developer decided when you receive pieces of equipment, thus carefully selecting right moments to make battles interesting and challenging for you, because they knew how strong you gonna be when you reach this boss. Here developer can not determine that. You can rush forward through bosses, or you can farm experience and gold and become stronger. The result for me was: a) most of the enemies on Apocalyptic difficulty did not pose any threat for me and b) of 100 opened chests 98 chests contained garbage. In the original game, as you remember, every chest was useful, it was a treasure to find one already. It had lots of souls/artefact/map/life enhancer/demon meter enhancer. I really wanted to find all of them on the level. In Dirksiders 2 I don't care for chests. I already know they contain rubbish. As a result the game is easy for me and I changed my equipment 3 or 5 times. And without any enjoyment, because I was buying things from trader. What is the point of creating 1000 of equipment, when you need just 20-30 peaces of it?
    DLCs are a money sucking mockery - you get 2 hours of mediocre gameplay without interesting plot (you can not create interesting story in 2 hours) and innovative ideas. Compared with original game Darksiders 2 looks to me like Diablo III compared with Diablo II. It looks tempting, it feels empty. I witness MMORPG becoming more singleplayer engaging than singleplayer slashers. What a shame.
  3. Jan 31, 2013
    Love and hate for this game. It is a fun button masher with intriguing puzzles and stays true to dungeon crawler RPG's with some solid base graphics as well. However for a PC gamer this is outdated. I saw so many aspects borrowed from several other titles including their puzzles. Yes, it is worth a pickup. Just don't do it with a PC. With no graphic options and no real keyboard controlsLove and hate for this game. It is a fun button masher with intriguing puzzles and stays true to dungeon crawler RPG's with some solid base graphics as well. However for a PC gamer this is outdated. I saw so many aspects borrowed from several other titles including their puzzles. Yes, it is worth a pickup. Just don't do it with a PC. With no graphic options and no real keyboard controls you need a controller to feel comfortable. Just pick it up for a console if you can, the PC version doesn't offer anything different. Expand
  4. Sep 24, 2012
    Horrendous camera and stupid glitches ruin a game which I'd have given an 8. The story progresses pretty poorly. Lots of main missions are just like side missions in which the NPC sends you on errands-find this, kill that, blahblahblah. Only after several main missions would the story progresses a little.
  5. Aug 19, 2012

STORY & GAMEPLAY:

Darksiders II
  6. Aug 26, 2012
    Isuse!
    This game has no story whatsoever... by all that is holly, you will feel such emptiness when you finish it.
    I hate these guys, and my trust is completely lost. All that good level design went to waste ..

Legacy of Kain still the king of the hill
  7. Jan 4, 2013
    Vigil missed why everyone was excited about Darksiders II which was because Darksiders I was a fun and interesting game with room for improvement which everyone hoped to see in Darksiders II. Instead it was exactly like Darksiders I in every regard but far less engaging. The story is very bland and difficult to be interested in. Death's character was extremely uninteresting. The combatVigil missed why everyone was excited about Darksiders II which was because Darksiders I was a fun and interesting game with room for improvement which everyone hoped to see in Darksiders II. Instead it was exactly like Darksiders I in every regard but far less engaging. The story is very bland and difficult to be interested in. Death's character was extremely uninteresting. The combat a very standard hack and slash with press A over and over but sometimes with pauses between slashes to do a different variety of slashes with an occasional dodge here and a "super demon mode" there. A drop system was added that doesn't really add provide a sense of progression since using one weapon over another may literally be the difference of hitting an enemy 2 more times or not. There are not even that many weapon or armor designs which means all you have to look forward to is different shades of gray, black, blue, or purple to wear through out the game of items you have already acquired. The replay value is pretty much no existent since everything here can only be categorized as 8/10 which does not beckon people to play a game over and over again on various difficulties, especially when the lengthily and uninteresting dungeons are the core component of this game.
    The puzzles/dungeons were by far the most frustrating part of this game not because of their difficulty but there tediousness and uninspired designs. I found myself figuring out the puzzles in the game at a max of 5 minutes but found myself spending 20 - 30 minutes carrying out all the actions to complete the puzzle. Taking a long time to complete the puzzle is okay when it is actually fun to put to the pieces in place (see Portal series). There is nothing fun about the executions of the burrowed designs from other successful and fun franchises (Zelda, Prince of Persia, Portal). The portals, wall running, time traveling, gadget getting were fun in those other games because of their innovative nature and cleverness that left a sense of satisfaction in your head once you completed. I can still remember the times I completed memorable puzzles and enjoying myself in the process from the previous games I listed. I beat Darksiders II yesterday and I can't recall how a single puzzle looked now. The only thing I remember clearly is how annoyingly and terrible the soul splitting puzzles were. The moment you unlock this ability in the game is the when you experience the death of fun. You can tell that Vigil was so proud of this design with how often they forced the player to do it. But in actuality, there is nothing fun about putting a stone version of yourself on a platform and pushing yourself through a passage. In conclusion, Darksiders II meets the very definition of "Just Okay." Everything Vigil used in this game came from very successful formulas, which is the core of the problem. In order for people to really love a game, innovations need to be created and used effectively instead of copy and pasting popular elements from successful franchises. Something needs to set the Darksiders series apart from the rest of the games out there but nothing comes to mind that does at this point. I am noticing that Vigil is not the only studio that does this but actually almost every studio associated with THQ. After playing Darksiders II, it is very clear why THQ is suffering financially.
  8. Aug 20, 2012
    i kept playing hoping it would pick up and actually become interesting. it didn't. great score by jesper kyd... bland plot, boring puzzles, action was pretty standard.

the characters were totally forgetable and i was glad when the game was over, but felt guilty for naively playing it in hopes that something (ANYTHING!) interesting would happen. felt like the second part of a four

felt like the second part of a four part game series.
  9. Aug 19, 2012
    I initially gave this game a big fat zero for being a unplayable buggy mess of a PC port, but now that a work around has been found I've actually been able to experience the game, and it's quite good! Very similar to the first one, but as many have said it's much larger and less linear. There are many side quests that let you take a brake from the main quest, the freedom is quiteI initially gave this game a big fat zero for being a unplayable buggy mess of a PC port, but now that a work around has been found I've actually been able to experience the game, and it's quite good! Very similar to the first one, but as many have said it's much larger and less linear. There are many side quests that let you take a brake from the main quest, the freedom is quite refreshing. I would give the game a solid 9 if it had launched without a hitch, but I've still heard nothing from THQ about any patches for the PC version so I'm going with a 6. PC users should not have to figure out these bugs on their own. Expand
  10. Aug 15, 2012
    The PC version of the game is unfortunately a console port. With minimum graphic options, cartoony graphics, frustrating keyboard controls (gamepad recommended), bizarre Gui. Also the story of the game is childish (Death is holding 2 Scythes like a Sith warrior from the Star Wars universe LOL) and the environments and the characters remind me very much World of Warcraft. The game is wayThe PC version of the game is unfortunately a console port. With minimum graphic options, cartoony graphics, frustrating keyboard controls (gamepad recommended), bizarre Gui. Also the story of the game is childish (Death is holding 2 Scythes like a Sith warrior from the Star Wars universe LOL) and the environments and the characters remind me very much World of Warcraft. The game is way more cheesy compared to the first one Expand
  11. Aug 25, 2012
    Biggest issue are the controls on the PC. Someone who is not used to using a gamepad is going to be very frustrated, as even the possibility of rebinding the keys (except some keys like Del seem to be forbidden to bind anything to them) is insufficient. This issue is most annoying during climbing as you'll realize you need an extra set of fingers for some moves.
    DO NOT buy this game if
    DO NOT buy this game if you are a pure PC gamer who does not use gamepads.
  12. Sep 24, 2012
    On balance, because of the combat and puzzle element it's a great game. It's pretty decent looking, but very few "WOW!!" moments for me. A few things drag it down for me, dodgy controls on PC keyboard, lots of keys are missed, feels like they haven't made much effort to do it properly (I assume they focussed on controllers). Quests are generally very poor, very simple, veryOn balance, because of the combat and puzzle element it's a great game. It's pretty decent looking, but very few "WOW!!" moments for me. A few things drag it down for me, dodgy controls on PC keyboard, lots of keys are missed, feels like they haven't made much effort to do it properly (I assume they focussed on controllers). Quests are generally very poor, very simple, very unimaginative, the side quests are few and also devoid of any imagination. At it's very worst DS2 uses the most dreary form of 'quest' to death. Collectibles, f**k collectibles, it's the laziest easiest option and they overdo it, then overdo it some more, and then... overdo it again. The Arbiter's maze is another example of crushingly boring zone design. I guess the Crucible is required by the genre, but given that you have that, the Maze shouldn't have existed at all.

A few people have commented on the greatness of the score, I think they must be listening to a different soundtrack. Several zones are poor, City of the Dead sounds like I'm back in a hotel concourse listening to piano muzak, simply awful. Entering the dead world you are greeted by overused flanging/phasing. It's nice, but we have heard it before. A very average score with some disastrous moments.

It's very easy to get sucked in by the great combat and great looking art work, but large parts of this game are dreary, unimaginative and dull.

But the combat and puzzles ARE very very good, but still at the end of the day, I finished DS1 with a "Wow, that was intense!!" this game I will finish with a "Not bad"
  13. Oct 8, 2012
    Simple fact of the matter is that it is just as mediocre as Darksiders 1. The camera problems have not been fixed, in fact it has been made worse by the fact Death is supposed to be so nimble in combat (standing still = defeat). Its not BAD by any means but there is a lot better out there. Art direction is good but let down by a mediocre (theres that word again) engine. PC version is OKSimple fact of the matter is that it is just as mediocre as Darksiders 1. The camera problems have not been fixed, in fact it has been made worse by the fact Death is supposed to be so nimble in combat (standing still = defeat). Its not BAD by any means but there is a lot better out there. Art direction is good but let down by a mediocre (theres that word again) engine. PC version is OK but again it lacks much consideration that you might not be using the console version Expand
  14. Dec 8, 2012
    Michael Wincott is the only reason it gets such a favorable review. The voice acting this man provided is beyond awesome. But that's just me. The game on the other hand is painfully average. It probably shouldn't have boasted "open world" or "mass of weapons" because it delivers only on the surface. Going in depth, the gameplay is exactly the same as the Darksiders, with a "switch" inMichael Wincott is the only reason it gets such a favorable review. The voice acting this man provided is beyond awesome. But that's just me. The game on the other hand is painfully average. It probably shouldn't have boasted "open world" or "mass of weapons" because it delivers only on the surface. Going in depth, the gameplay is exactly the same as the Darksiders, with a "switch" in battle style to accentuate dual wielding, which is purely cosmetic. The story is not as engaging as the first game (which says a lot) and the puzzles feel a bit dumbed down (i'm not sure if they secretly tried to cater to kids or whatever) and there's no real challenge other than an arduous test of patience since BACKTRACKING is the name of the game. There's a system present to simulate a loot driven RPG but that too feels superficial and somewhat out of place. It feels rushed and bland and not at all fun and engaging. Basically, you'll feel right at home if you're a die hard fan but everyone else might feel lost, confused and unmotivated to keep playing. Expand
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    First, the good. The game's fantasy world feels great, and the voice acting is also great, filled with unique accents and Death's smart-ass remarks. The combat is also very fun and mindless at times of course, despite the camera (i'll mention that later), although sometimes the input seems to not be able to catch up to you, resulting in Death not being able to perform the correct moves.First, the good. The game's fantasy world feels great, and the voice acting is also great, filled with unique accents and Death's smart-ass remarks. The combat is also very fun and mindless at times of course, despite the camera (i'll mention that later), although sometimes the input seems to not be able to catch up to you, resulting in Death not being able to perform the correct moves. Platforming is also alright, but sometimes it has its moments. For the completionist, there are many different scavenger hunts that can keep you occupied while still doing the main story. Now, the not so good. For starters, the camera doesn't care what angle you have on your enemy sometimes, and when being mobbed you better hope you can pull off some unseen moves on an enemy currently not in your view. Sometimes while platforming it is also prone to going off on strange angles, not allowing you to really see where the hell you're jumping to. The next big complaint is honestly the amount of platforming and puzzles that really put a damper on the fast paced combat. Each area generally has an arena event, but in between that are a bunch of very small groups of enemies, followed by large amounts of platforming to open a door, which then leads to another small group, which leads to doing another puzzle to open another door, rinse and repeat. Its like dining in a restaurant and being forced to eat small portions of your meal at a time, then being handed a Rubik's cube and having to solve it before eating more. Some of the puzzles are brain dead easy, while some are simply confusing because you aren't quite sure where the objects are to achieve the next objective. The third biggest complaint is the fact that it is a poorly done direct port. The keyboard controls are bad, options are about 0, and you can see the remnants of an Xbox port from a mile away (the most appalling is probably your character's model in the menus, rendered in glorious 800x600 resolution it would seem..). Slightly less game-breaking are a couple of features, such as armor and weapons. They are there, but their presence is not felt much, yet they still provide small bonuses. The DLC armor is also shortlived and lasts till about level 8-9, at which point it is mediocre. Dungeons feel very linear and are reminiscent of each other as well, and the story doesn't help this, being mediocre at best. Quests are no more than "fetch this, kill him".

TL;DR - Overall, this is a fun game, but by no means perfect. The combat is fun, the world feels fantastic, and the platforming is passable. However, the (PC version) is marred by being poorly ported, average graphics, and bad controls, along with some potentially game breaking bugs. Besides the PC port, the game still suffers from linearity, bad camera, forgettable story, and slowed down gameplay due to an overload of puzzles and platforming versus fast paced combat.
  16. Aug 23, 2012
    The game is buggy, for a start. I have a gtx 570, even with Vsync ON there is still a lot of tearing. That is not cool. The game crashed a couple of time, when I tried to restart the game a Steam message popped saying that the saved game had something. Good thing is I restarted Steam and my game was not lost.

The economy system of the game is totaly wortless. I have a million bucks in

The economy system of the game is totaly wortless. I have a million bucks in game, still the most valuable weapon cost 14 000... whats the point of having that much money???? Plus, most loot or chest items are worthless, good only to be sold at a merchant. There is no balance in the economy system which ruins the point of having an economy system.

The quest are sometimes interresting, sometimes very dull. The economy system was better in Darksiders 1, the quest were better, the graphic options were better.

The only good thing in Darksiders 2 VS 1 is that you start with your horse.

That said, dont buy this game at full price of 50$, just wait for a deal.
  17. Aug 25, 2012
    The controls are TERRIBLE... Ok I had to start with that, not enough are saying it. The first mission of the game seems custom designed to illustrate just how restrictive the camera controls are and just how bad of a decision having wall running and jumping on the same button can be. Good luck exploring in this game, it's got lots of really bad platforming...The controls are TERRIBLE... Ok I had to start with that, not enough are saying it. The first mission of the game seems custom designed to illustrate just how restrictive the camera controls are and just how bad of a decision having wall running and jumping on the same button can be. Good luck exploring in this game, it's got lots of really bad platforming... =============================================================================
    Targeting units in battle is also a mess, which is to be expected in games like these so it's hard to take points off, but if an enemy so much as taps it breaks your attack combos, leaving the massively overpowered move I like to call 'jump hammer smash' as your best option in most combat situations. The TERRIBLE controls aside, the game looks pretty good. The textures are ported poorly and there's a serious lack of options (I'm playing PC), but aside from a few textures the game is gorgeous. The story isn't great, but it's fairly well presented and interesting enough to keep you playing. The music is fantastic, and the in game cutscenes and cinematic are well presented. The game plays much like TLoZ: Twilight Princess combined with elements of LoK: Soul Eater, the puzzles are often straight forward and sometimes poorly thought out with no indication of how to proceed, but the game can be enjoyable once you get into it. =============================================================================
    If not for the TERRIBLE controls this game would be very easy to recommend. Unfortunately, as previously stated, the controls in this game are TERRIBLE, we're talking accidentally jumping to your death trying to run on walls, fighting with your camera to get a good view of a collectable you're trying to reach, not being able to see where you're supposed to jump to, hard to target enemies, poorly thought out contextual dodging (effected by camera over directions, TERRIBLE idea). The Terribad controls in general are the only reason I can't give this an 8.0, if not for the controls this game would be great.
  18. Aug 26, 2012
    Fighting is awesome and the puzzles really felt like I was playing Zelda all over again (ppl with no brains may not like that part), however...

Can't keep up with the story. To many times I end up saying "who is this again? What? Why are you? When did? ..." Questing is also terrible: Get 3 of these and 2 of those...now get 3 of these and 3 of those. Oh, that one is broken into 3 parts, so get those while your at it. 2 of these again and 3 of those........ repetitive you say?
    Than the bugs: secondary attack stuck again, graphics changes to low resolution, game crashes and/or is not starting because "this resolution is only allowed in windowed mode", or something like that. Can't turn into Reaper form because hotkey is not working (re-binding is not helping). Using special ability is annoying...have to stop the game, go to the menu, !!!SELECT THE ATTACK!!! I want to perform...come ooon, WHY???

On one quest I was FORCED to use a gun, because with melee weapons was not causing enough damage...I mean what is this???

So yeah, bad PC port :(
  19. Sep 20, 2012
    Darksiders 2: Is a game I was seriously looking forward too. After playing the first one and getting totally hooked I was desperate for the sequel. Once I watched the trailer I started counting down the days wanting for more teasers. Finally it was released and I waited for what seemed like a life time to download. But lets skip that. First of all, this game is impossible to play with aDarksiders 2: Is a game I was seriously looking forward too. After playing the first one and getting totally hooked I was desperate for the sequel. Once I watched the trailer I started counting down the days wanting for more teasers. Finally it was released and I waited for what seemed like a life time to download. But lets skip that. First of all, this game is impossible to play with a keyboard and mouse. Even after I changed all the keys to my liking i still couldn't get used to it on a keyboard so I did have to buy a 360 controller wireless adaptor for my PC. However, let's start with the world Death wanders around in. First of all you start in the icy depths of Hell which is imaged 'right down to the 'tee'. Huge sharp spikes emerge from the world, frost covered skeletons thaw from the ice and start to attack you, which straight away shows you the amazing combat system that Darksiders has to offer. Simple arcade hack and slash controls: X to attack with Death's signature double scythes which neatly fit together in certain combos to get a massive double ended scythe and Y to attack with your secondary weapon, which ranges from massive glaives and hammers, which attack slowly but do massive amounts of damage, and smaller claw hands or bucklers that attack with rapid speed but do less damage so the options are yours to play with. You also have B for executions and other moves. The combat combos are very simple and is all in the timing of the X or Y buttons and you can mix the two buttons together which makes Death seamlessly switch between the two creating bigger more damaging combos which visually is amazing to watch. You then get teleport to the Creators world which has been corrupted by something creatively named 'The Corruption'. The creators world is quite standard with rolling hills of grass and forests. Everything you do in this world is to help the creators restore there old forge to help you get rid of 'The Corruption'. However it is Deaths sole objective to free his brother War from imprisonment by any means possible so this traverse to the creators world didn't really hold much to the storyline however it does set everything for the game in place showing you all the techniques and abilities Death has to master. I won't explain any more of the worlds as this would be a spoiler. Darksiders 2 has now developed an RPG system. It has the same leveling up style as in number one i.e. 2 paths, one for magic and one for combat so Death can expand in either of these ways or a jack of both trades. They have also added in a hack and slash style of weapons. You will find many pairs of scythes all ranging in damage and different attributes etc. My only issue with this is that at certain points in the game you will discover 'uber' weapons that make finding new weapons pointless as you have ultimate weapons in your hands already so this seemed like a silly design element to me however it does add something to the game for the first 75% of it. Another issue I had with this game is the objectives of the story. Every objective follows a theme. Which is doing the task 3 times! Many a time did become bored half way through a play session because I was doing the same thing 3 times. Each time wasn't harder or particularly different just rinse and repeat. This was disappointing as it made certain parts of the game drag. Another issue is the lack of guidance. You come across lots of dungeons in Darksiders 2 and many of them have 4-5 ways to go with a puzzle at the end but it doesn't explain which puzzle needs to eb done first to unlock something for the next so I spent hours in some dungeons basically getting lost. I don't want a game to be spelt out to me however I don't want to waste my time heading in the wrong direction trying to solve a puzzle that isn't actually solveable just yet. The game is free roam to an extent. You can go pretty much where you like however you will have to follow the linear path that the story depicts. Although it is free roam there isn't much to do in the world but the storyline. There will be enemies roaming around the world that you can kill, you can also try and get to chest that seem unreachable and hunt for side quest items but that's about it so the free roam isn't all that. Altogether I think I 'Hyped' this game up to much. After the incredible first one I was hoping for the same but better and to be honest it's exactly the same in my opinion so I think I let it disappoint me because of my own actions. I still think it is a fantastic game and anyone looking for a good adventure game should definitely pick this up! Expand
  20. Oct 8, 2012
    Fairly enjoyable game, great fun/active combat with a very simplistic story line, and moderately short play-trough. The game is well worth the full price at launch ($59), I did think I got the price's worth of fun from this game within the first few hours of playing it alone. The game feels tight, fluid with very short loading times (not common in console ports), very immersive combat andFairly enjoyable game, great fun/active combat with a very simplistic story line, and moderately short play-trough. The game is well worth the full price at launch ($59), I did think I got the price's worth of fun from this game within the first few hours of playing it alone. The game feels tight, fluid with very short loading times (not common in console ports), very immersive combat and visually decent. The bad things about the game mainly strain from the fact is a console port. A BAD CONSOLE PORT at that. Very little effort from the developers to port the game to PC with the full range of options expected by PC gamers. Thanks to this the game suffers mainly in the visuals, which have an amazing art but very VERY poor textures and graphic fidelity. It also suffers in the sound quality, controls, and other details around the game not worth mentioning. It's sad to take points from this game due to this, but it's true. No developer deserves a good score if they don't put the very least effort to port their game correctly to PC. Compared to other recently released RPGS, like Kingdoms of Amalur, this one falls short in the replay-ability department, it's much easier to jump into and understand the game at its fullest, but at the same time I don't see myself playing this game over a third time. The game itself is moderately short, not short enough to make you say "that 'it?" though. Conclusion: Overall the game is fun and easy to jump into, which makes it a good RPG well worth its price tag. Most people don't expect much more from an Action-Combat RPG anyways, so it's a fine game for today's standards. Most of the problems strain from the fact it has a very poor port to PC, otherwise it would've been a 9/10 in my book. Don't expect a Mass Effect quality of storyline, nor a Kingdoms of Amalur quality of world/replay-ability. It's still a very good Action-Combat RPG overall tough. Expand
  21. Jan 10, 2013
    First of all, I loved the first Darksiders, it had a great plot, made you wonder what was going to happen etc, and I had such high hopes for the second game, and even tho the gameplay is still fun, the plot is terrible. After 10 hours I'm still fighting shadowy tentacle monsters, and "go to da tree, its awsum" quest whereas in first game you wondered what really happened and if samael wasFirst of all, I loved the first Darksiders, it had a great plot, made you wonder what was going to happen etc, and I had such high hopes for the second game, and even tho the gameplay is still fun, the plot is terrible. After 10 hours I'm still fighting shadowy tentacle monsters, and "go to da tree, its awsum" quest whereas in first game you wondered what really happened and if samael was going to betray you, Darksiders 2 is just another hit stuff until they are dead game. I'm really disappointed Expand
  22. Feb 5, 2013
    The confusing climbing mechanisms, the disappointing bosses and the numerous bugs can't ruin 'Darksiders 2'. It's a slightly linear, but a great hack-and-slash that it's surprisingly ambitious. It has the highest replay value among all other hack-and-slash games, because of it's ambitiousness that it has. Exploring is enjoyable and rewarding. The bloody combat is satisfying. Don't missThe confusing climbing mechanisms, the disappointing bosses and the numerous bugs can't ruin 'Darksiders 2'. It's a slightly linear, but a great hack-and-slash that it's surprisingly ambitious. It has the highest replay value among all other hack-and-slash games, because of it's ambitiousness that it has. Exploring is enjoyable and rewarding. The bloody combat is satisfying. Don't miss this enjoyable hack-and-slash. Expand
  23. Apr 14, 2013
    Tiene varias cosas a tener en cuenta, ademas de que parece que los gráficos empeoraron comparado con su antecesor, tiene controles bastante incómodos, pero con el tiempo te iras acostumbrando, la historia es mejor que el del juego anterior, pero no se si es mejor, la verdad es que quede con un gusto medio amargo en la boca al terminar este juego, pero igual puede resultar divertido, laTiene varias cosas a tener en cuenta, ademas de que parece que los gráficos empeoraron comparado con su antecesor, tiene controles bastante incómodos, pero con el tiempo te iras acostumbrando, la historia es mejor que el del juego anterior, pero no se si es mejor, la verdad es que quede con un gusto medio amargo en la boca al terminar este juego, pero igual puede resultar divertido, la formula de juego de ir caminado por ahí y matar monstruos sigue vigente y obtener experiencia para subir de nivel esta bien implementado, lo que no me gusto es que se quito la posibilidad de bloquear, cosa que mucho sentido no tiene, por eso vas a tener que esquivar y esquivar y esquivar, pero la verdad es que lo recomiendo a este juego, si te gusto el Darksiders 1, puede ser que este juego también te guste. Expand
  24. Feb 26, 2014
    Enjoyable, but not so much that I bothered to finish it.

really have to have a console controller to make it work...take that for what you will.

Pretty fun. Kinda a Clone. Too bad the franchise and THQ are dead and gone
  25. May 18, 2014
    They need to play Ninja Gaiden Black if they want to make a really good combat system. The combat of darksiders 2 is way too simple/shallow, not even in the highest difficulty it improve. All you do is smashing X's or Y's with the latest weapon that you have found with the highest stats or pressing RB when a really tough enemy is about to attack. The game also need harder puzzles andThey need to play Ninja Gaiden Black if they want to make a really good combat system. The combat of darksiders 2 is way too simple/shallow, not even in the highest difficulty it improve. All you do is smashing X's or Y's with the latest weapon that you have found with the highest stats or pressing RB when a really tough enemy is about to attack. The game also need harder puzzles and bigger variety of enemies. There are tons of weapons but they are almost identical. I finished the game with more than a million of gold, and using only a few weapons, this clearly show how imbalanced the game is, same with the rpg elements/stats. You dont even need to understand what some stats mean, like arcane/critical damage/ arcane critical/damege critical and things like that because at the end they make no difference, everything is about smashing Xs or Ys. This game had so much potential but its ruined because they are probably interested in the big audience of dumb noobs out there. or they just dont know how to make a fighting game.But if I have to say something good about the game well, i loved the atmosphere, the artistic design, the characters, story and BSO. I really hope they fix those issues, in darksiders 3, which must should also have more gore and better graphics. Otherwise they wont game my $60 for their game. Expand
  26. Dec 29, 2014
    After almost 27 hours of playtime, finally completed the game. And saying "finally" means that this game is much longer than it should be and that is one of its biggest flaws. Other cons are:

1) not ported very well - you can't even scroll trough your inventory. It is obvious that the game is made primarily for consoles 2) Items and Character customization. This is a thing that

2) Items and Character customization. This is a thing that could have been made much better. There is little to no changes as to how your character looks like with different sets of items, they are all pretty much the same. Other than that, it's really ugly to see your character in low res while checking out inventory. Also, it is very hard and inconvenient to actually compare different items when interacting with many game's shopkeepers, so it always felt like a chore with so many different items to choose from and only a handful of them actually worth buying.

3) Uninspired main character. Just look at him - with that bland mask, you can't possibly relate to such main character. Yes, the voice acting is pretty good, but other than that this is one very forgettable main character.

Good stuff:
    Mainly the art of the game and level design. Although the game is too long and in my opinion would be best to last 10 hours or so, you will nonetheless be surprised throughout the game with its beautiful scenery and art. Unfortunately, even that is ruined (in my opinion) later in the game when you get portal puzzles to solve (I hate those).
    Also it should be noted that the game "borrows" many things from some much better known games such as Prince of Persia (character movement), God of War (weapon combos, executions..), WoW (game world art in some degree) and maybe even the old Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.
    All in all, I would advise you to give this game a chance, if you like 3rd person action games. It has its charms and you may even love it in the end, but you have to give her a chance and do not be discouraged if you are not fully satisfied with it in the beginning. I wanted to uninstall the game only after 1h of gameplay when I somehow found a Boss much stronger than me, but later found out that this is actually just one of features of the game - freedom to explore the world without restrictions.

To summarize it, it's a solid game, give it a try. 7/10
  27. Feb 2, 2015
    Bit late to the party but just got this game for cheap during a Steam sale. Firstly, I played and enjoyed the first Darksiders but this game is radically different. They are both hack n slash games but this game seems to have something of an identity crisis. It wants to play the roles of both RPG and hack n slash and its weaker because of it. The story feels a bit pointless and you alwaysBit late to the party but just got this game for cheap during a Steam sale. Firstly, I played and enjoyed the first Darksiders but this game is radically different. They are both hack n slash games but this game seems to have something of an identity crisis. It wants to play the roles of both RPG and hack n slash and its weaker because of it. The story feels a bit pointless and you always seem to be sent on quests of 3 (that is kill 3 things, bring back 3 things, activate 3 things etc etc...). As much as I want to like this game I could only play about half way through before getting tired of it. Expand
  28. Dec 26, 2012
    This game is a solid 9/10. It's has a great epic adventure, side quests, fun itemization (far better than Diablo 3 IMO), good action/battle system, lots of fun boss fights, good cut scenes, puzzles, exploration, amenities like fast travel, horse combat, collectibles, power ups, leveling, and dual skill trees for a highly customizable experience. Great graphics which are truly outstandingThis game is a solid 9/10. It's has a great epic adventure, side quests, fun itemization (far better than Diablo 3 IMO), good action/battle system, lots of fun boss fights, good cut scenes, puzzles, exploration, amenities like fast travel, horse combat, collectibles, power ups, leveling, and dual skill trees for a highly customizable experience. Great graphics which are truly outstanding in some areas, a FANTASTIC sound track, Oh, and it's fun!

With so many positives come some flaws, it's not perfect but ANY gamer who likes action/adventure should STRONGLY consider picking this up. Negatives on the PC include the controls which are a bit difficult at times. Aiming mode is odd for example. Some settings are missing and you can tell it's a port (but I really didn't feel like I needed them). You can you use an xbox controller, sure, but I used keyboard mouse - I have an xbox controller just didn't feel the need it here personally, and it was fine to finish the game for me. Honestly I liked that all the abilities are available by keypress 0-9+ since I'm used to that from PC gaming.

If you like games such as Zelda, Fable, Kingdoms of Amalur, Fallout 3, Diablo, Prince of Persia, etc. and want something similar but maybe a bit darker then definitely get this game.

Darksiders 2 is immersive, rich in content, it displays well-executed (although not original) mechanics and is a huge game that will quench your thirst for a top-notch, “intellectual” action game. [October 2012]
  2. Nov 10, 2012
    Ultimately, Darksiders II often makes you think of how it is similar to other games in certain respects, but it still feels like its own creature. The combat is enjoyable if a bit mindless, but considering how some of the puzzles can be, that might not be a bad thing. However, since skills and gear have such little leverage in the game, it feels like something substantial is missing. The rest of the game doesn't suffer, and the title is certainly engaging, but Darksiders II feels like it hasn't lived up to its full potential.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    While the lack of advanced graphics options are disappointing, the core experience of Darksiders 2 remains intact with its assortment of gameplay genres and content rich world. Darksiders 2 on PC provides fans of the original and series newcomers with a seemingly endless amount of quests to complete and collectibles to discover, with the added bonus of Death himself as the protagonist.