8.8

1. Dec 5, 2010
    Fantastically well-polished city builder game. By far my favorite game when I just wanna sit down and do some sandboxing. The combat sucks, yes, but that's because it's not what the game is about. If you want to kill stuff go play CoD: Black Ops with your 'bros' or something and let the rest of us have our peaceful city builders.

Also, the expansion(Venice) adds multiplayer.
  2. Nov 24, 2011
    Dawn of Discovery is a classic, a master piece, nonpareil, a game which gives you something new even after playing 20+ hours continuously, One and Only.
    Simply the best!
  3. Oct 31, 2010
    Best strategy game I've ever played, hands down. The game totally sucks you in with the gorgeous graphics, amazing sound and great voice acting. The best part though is the complexity! Dozens and dozens of resources and buildings makes this game absolutely awesome. Bought in summer 2009 and still playing a year+ later.
  4. Jul 2, 2011
    Dawn of Discovery (aka Anno 1404 outside USA) is the most charming and addictive city-building game ever created. DoD has absolutely stunning graphics, whimsical art design, endearing characters, complex city-building and trade mechanics, and immense replay-ability! Oh, and the music is so good, and the sound design creates such alive environments. Everything is good about this game. IDawn of Discovery (aka Anno 1404 outside USA) is the most charming and addictive city-building game ever created. DoD has absolutely stunning graphics, whimsical art design, endearing characters, complex city-building and trade mechanics, and immense replay-ability! Oh, and the music is so good, and the sound design creates such alive environments. Everything is good about this game. I have zero complaints. Related Designs has totally outdone themselves here. This truly is sleeper hit. If you have even a slight interest in city-building and historic sim games, play this game. Expand
  5. Oct 17, 2011
    Beautifully done! Long loading times, but a very fun, charming, sandbox world-builder. Content /customization is deep enough to hold interest into the late hours. I was surprised when the Narrator voice kindly reminded me I had been playing for 5 hours and recommended a break! I didn't listen.
  6. Oct 30, 2011
    This was my first experience in the series and have to say it was quite enjoyable. There is enough complexity to keep you interested, but multiple plays may begin to become stale. The combat isn't the best but the game looks good. I think overall it all came together as a fun empire builder.
  7. Aug 5, 2012
    i would love to say that this game was really complex and complicated gameplay but that what i love from this game, even its really hard to reach next level And the disappointment were due because the game was really slow to load
  8. Aug 13, 2012
    this games has a very good gameplay studied perfectly. Of sure is a best strategy games the last years into his genre. The graphics is optimum, maybe missing a bit zoom for the magnification on the city and persons. should do more games on this little segment known which is not was never loved by the general public. however nothing to say great game!
  9. Dec 26, 2013
    Damn charming, wonderful fun, yet deeply complex. This game is not only enjoyable, charming and one of the most musically beautiful games ever devised, but has a way of dumbing itself down, without us even noticing. Very well made, and very good fun. Would recommend.

1. Dawn of Discovery is not only the fourth installment of the highly regarded ANNO-series but also the best, offering challenging complexity for core gamers and providing easy access for beginners at the same time. Don't miss this game if you are a fan of economic simulations.
  2. A near perfect blend of west and east, complexity and accessibility - Dawn of Discovery is by far the best economic simulation to date.
  3. Requisite whining about copy protection aside, this is a solid title that offers some fun and addictive game play, with lots to discover and plenty to do. It’s ridiculously easy to sit down with the intention of playing for a few minutes, only to look up and see that two or three hours have gone past. There’s a lot of character in the animations, the voice-acting is superb and the setting is fantastic. Dawn of Discovery deserves to be checked out by anybody who has an interest in exploration and the classic city-building titles of old.