Day One: Garry's Incident PC

0.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 1706 Ratings

1. Apr 27, 2016
    *** Deleted review because the videogame industry is feeding us lies and I'm just waiting for the next crash! ***
    *** Paid reviews ***
    *** Keep your money until they learn their lesson! ***
  2. Jan 26, 2016
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS?!?!?!?!?! Please... why... no... kill me...
  3. Jan 19, 2016
    This game is everything I wish I could be. The gameplay is sooooo captivating. And the characters, unforgettable! Anyone who doesn't love Garry, is just jealous of him. So there are a few bugs. MEH, the bugs just makes the gameplay more unique and entertaining. All in all a fantastic game. 10/10
  4. Dec 28, 2015
    what the crap is this is this from 1998 NOPE 2013! yeah and the company wild studios shouldbe ashamed of themselves for relesing this game from 1998 f@ck this game **** THIS F@CKING GAME! ****
  5. Mar 28, 2015
    IT Sucks so MUCH EVERY MINUTE IS A KICK IN THE FACE AND BALLS UH IS THIS BAD SOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD THE BEST PART WAS STOP PLAYING THIS ****
  6. Feb 16, 2015
    trash game, trash company, just let them die out

/150
    trash game, trash company, just let them die out

/150 characters...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  7. Feb 12, 2015
    "Day One Garry's Incident is really really bad."
    "And I want to kill myself."
    -ProJared
  8. Dec 9, 2014
    This game made me cry, it is horribly buggy, the people who made this (who also almost got totalbiscuits channel pulled down cause of a negative impressions video) are scum
    :D
  9. Nov 27, 2014
    After watching TotalBiscuit's gameplay, I realized that this game is a joke to humanity, here's why:

Cons: Developers deleted every bad review of this game on steam Deleted TotalBiscuit's review because they didn't like it The whole game is glitched The game looks like it's still in Beta, but it's actually released!!!!!!!!!! A.I is so stupid... Hard to beat Story is Hard to

Cons:
    Developers deleted every bad review of this game on steam
    Deleted TotalBiscuit's review because they didn't like it
    The whole game is glitched
    The game looks like it's still in Beta, but it's actually released!!!!!!!!!!
    A.I is so stupid...
    Hard to beat
    Story is Hard to understand.
    Should I go on?

Now let's look at the good things about this game:

Pros:
    Uhh.... I have nothing....

Overall:
    Presentation: 0
    Gameplay: 0
    Sound: 2
    Graphics: 1
    Lasting Appeal: 0

Please, for the sake of your wallet, Do not buy this game. Avoid it at all costs
  10. Nov 21, 2014
    WTF is this even a game , such ugly graphics and disgusting gameplay and insulting to the natives . I cant believe the developers try to remove negative comments on this horrible game it serves no purpose in the PC community and truly just remove it off steam please !
  11. Sep 30, 2014
    There is nothing redeemable about this piece of filthy drek whatsoever.
    Bugs, glitches, randomly disappearing objects, a brain-dead ai and atrocious textures.
    Even the premise of the game was unoriginal. If this game was any good, it would still be a boring game. The setting was uninspired and the mechanics, while not obsolete, are overly used at such a point that everyone and their
    There is nothing redeemable about this piece of filthy drek whatsoever.

Even the premise of the game was unoriginal.
    If this game was any good, it would still be a boring game.
    The setting was uninspired and the mechanics, while not obsolete, are overly used at such a point that everyone and their dog are trying to make survival games after the success of minecraft.

And finally, we come upon the developers themselves. Liars, never delivering any promised feature or any working feature, even. Also Frauds, who made fake Metacritic accounts so they could elevate their game into the frontpage of steam. And finally, the most heinous of their actions, attempting to stifle free speech through the youtube copyright strikes and deleting all critical posts in the steam forums.

We don't need these kinds of games or devs so let them sink into the oblivion they belong.
  12. Aug 18, 2014
    Garry's Incident is an awful game with awful developers. They tried to scam their way through Kickstarter by putting a lot of their own money into it, giving it the illusion that it was making progress when it really wasn't. This was proven by looking at the high contributors and realizing they were Wild Games employees, including the CEO himself that invested a huge amount into theGarry's Incident is an awful game with awful developers. They tried to scam their way through Kickstarter by putting a lot of their own money into it, giving it the illusion that it was making progress when it really wasn't. This was proven by looking at the high contributors and realizing they were Wild Games employees, including the CEO himself that invested a huge amount into the project. They yanked this money out over time because it was a hoax; not real donations. After that failed, miserably, they hit the Steam Greenlight. On Steam they managed to sleaze their way through by giving free copies of the game to voters and over hyping it to be way better than it really was. At release they then began to make fake Metacritic reviews/ratings, trying to pass this off as a good game to deceive buyers. They also started locking any forum thread of theirs that complained about the game or revealed it to be a pile of garbage while falsely praising the game on dummy accounts or allowing threads to exist that praised the game. If you don't get it by now, this is a horrible shameless company that you should not support in any way. Their game is awful, a poorly made bad graphics bug ridden pile of trash that they've tried to pass off as decent to scam you in every way they could. They even tried to yank Totalbiscuit's video of the game for criticizing it when they originally gave him rights(and the game itself) to do the video in the first place. They did this because his video was warning hundreds of thousands of people to NOT buy the game. The video is now back on Youtube, but I can't link it here. Just search Totalbiscuit Garry's Incident and you'll find it. You can also watch the second video he made describing the takedown the original video got, although it's since been restored to watch.

Due to all of this; I'm giving them a 0, even though the game itself wouldn't have rated this low if the company behind it wasn't so despicable. Do not buy Garry's Incident. Do not support developers like this. Not only is it an awful game, but it has a horrible developer that you should not support in any way, shape, or form. The funny thing is that the game is so bad, no critics even want to play it or bother reviewing it. The only one on this site so far at this time of posting is PC PowerPlay, dated Nov 25 2013, that gave it 1/10.
    -Drain (Steam)
  13. Aug 17, 2014
    The people that gave this game positive & mixed reviews are lying to you. This game is **** horrible. It has more bugs than an ant farm, less sound effects than a silent film and it's more boring than watching someone clip their toenails for 16 hours straight. Don't buy it, even it's $1 don't **** buy it.
  14. Aug 4, 2014
    Even though I bought this in a cheap bundle (for other games), I still feel ashamed to own it.

All you have to do is search the web for this game and you'll find how horrible it is.
  15. Jul 20, 2014
    This is a game that could've have been good, or at least average, if it remained in development to iron-out all the bugs. I'm not even going to bother writing a full review. Every I would've said is stated in my summary below.

In summary: The game is a total piece of [insert object of your choice].
  16. Jun 17, 2014
    And I have to say, what they did to Total Biscuit is vile, scurvy and disgusting. Making good trailers, giving out this tommyrot and censoring all the bad reviews and Total's especially is astonishingly loathsome. It's unbelievable that they're from Canada, my favourite contry... But hey, nothing's perfect.
  17. Jun 16, 2014
    you wanna know why everybody hates this game? It is not because of the game being unplayable oh oh oh my friends i have seen much more glitch games but they don't get a user score of 0.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's because of these 2 reasons:

1.Wild Games advertised this game so pitch perfect, so flawless that at some point we believed them too, then what did we get.........................................

2.This is i believe the most important reason: Just 2 words Total Biscuit. Now don't get me wrong i like him as well, i follow him as well, but let's be honest: The reason most of you give this game a 0 or 1 out of 10 is because after total biscuit reviewed the game Wild Games studios blocked his video and most of you are angry to that.

With all that left behind though you are also right to give this game a 0.5. The game is outright broken(Sonic Free Riders anyone?), there is not much to talk about it, it's simple this game is terrible.
  18. Jun 15, 2014
    This game is crap. Do not buy it, it is full of bugs and it is unplayable. I was banned from the forums for saying "do not buy this game" because it was "harassment"
  19. Jun 9, 2014
    The game is bugged, buggy, glitched and simply broken. There are problems with interactivity with the environment. One of the things that bothered me the most was the jarring motion on the screen. It started to give me motion sickness. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  20. Jun 6, 2014
    The game is an utter failure. A.I. is dumb, graphics are outdated and gameplay is piece of s**t. The whole game is a big piece of s**t! The trailer was very promising ( Far Cry mixed with an action - adventure game ).
    I was infuriated when i saw the final product.
  21. May 23, 2014
    Continious crashes, crappy gameplay, stuck in some zones, bugs, etc... I don't know why this game come out but... this is pre alpha game and should NEVER be able to buy it until get the beta version...

Please... don't be silly and launch these games when it comes beta and not PRE-ALPHA
  22. May 17, 2014
    Heyyo, yeah the game had some cool ideas... but the execution is completely broken. Poor animations, broken combat.. evil deadly monkeys... last game that had evil deadly monkeys? Risen 2, and that game sucked too...
  23. May 5, 2014
    Day one had great excitement in it's trailers and interviews. But now ever since it released, it's just terrible. Wild games studios should shut themselves down, for giving fans BS like this.

The game lacks sound effects, the graphics don't even look like they were made in 2013 they look so ugly, the physics are crappy, the game play is lacking, the controls are ridiculous, the cut scene, the level of the AI is far below average, and the game is totally broken.

Don't listen to the 73 idiots, voted positive own this broken sorry excuse for a game.
  24. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Day one: Silent's Incident.
    He stumbled across a game with a ''Big'' green button that said ''Add to cart'' and then he discovered a mysterious area called ''The forums'', everywhere people said ''Such a terrible game'' ''Worthless piece of rubbish''.

Seriously, this game is basically worse'r then ''WarZ'' or ''XRebirth'', this game shows a rushed product that was looking so good, instead it turned out to be a pretty bad scam, you could spot this 100's miles away and still see how bad the game looked, too be honest when I saw the trailers I think we can all say that ''We were all hyped for this, but we were let down'', this is basically a '0', not worth buying.

Gameplay, oh wow I'm going to hit something, let's see what the animations are like.. ''Oh, what is this... its Horrible!, Ahhhhhh!'' the animations are that bad, and so is the gameplay, enemy's will kill you in a single hit, with a twig or any random weapon it'll still happen.

Design, oh god don't get me started, there's only one good thing about the design which are the monkeys and the moss on the rocks, they're the only two good designs from within the game, please get rid of this game, and refund those poor people who experienced such ****
  25. Apr 28, 2014
    Do not buy this game. Do not get it for free. Do not get it if somebody pays you. This is by far the worst game ever( bit of a stretch but you get my point.) To say its glitchy is an understatement. Not only that, but the gameplay, if one could even call it so, is terrible and unenjoying. There is just NO WAY to like this game. None. I feel sorry for anybody that had to play this piece ofDo not buy this game. Do not get it for free. Do not get it if somebody pays you. This is by far the worst game ever( bit of a stretch but you get my point.) To say its glitchy is an understatement. Not only that, but the gameplay, if one could even call it so, is terrible and unenjoying. There is just NO WAY to like this game. None. I feel sorry for anybody that had to play this piece of absolute trash. Anyone who likes this game... who am i kidding. The only people that like this game are the developers. Just do yourself a favor and let this game burn in the hell that it belongs in. Expand
  26. Apr 11, 2014
    Terrible game and disgusting developers. Graphics are bad, AI is almost nonexistent, bugs everywhere, I don't even know where to begin. I also can't believe how hard the developers are trying to hide all the faults to their game. I couldn't get past the first part because a bug prevented me from progressing to the next part. I'm just extremely frustrated with this game.
  27. Apr 10, 2014
    how did this game even get released this is probably the worst game I've played i would rather play big rigs over the road racing and dr.Jekyll and mr.Hyde and trust me those games are crap
  28. Apr 5, 2014
    I have to put 150 characters into this review so I'll make this very quick. No no no no no no no no no. NO no no no no no no! DON'T buy this game. Like Admiral Ackbar says....IT's A TRAP!
  29. Mar 29, 2014
    what is this no please tell me what is this its not a game thats for sure the game is broke gameplay is glithced to high heaven and the enemys 1 hit you you will easily forget you even have a health bar and off course due to this being a so called survival game you need to manage food and hydration it flopped on steam it flopped on kickstarter where the ceo of wild game studios (creator ofwhat is this no please tell me what is this its not a game thats for sure the game is broke gameplay is glithced to high heaven and the enemys 1 hit you you will easily forget you even have a health bar and off course due to this being a so called survival game you need to manage food and hydration it flopped on steam it flopped on kickstarter where the ceo of wild game studios (creator of this game) donated 2,000 dollars to his own f*cking project to try to appeal to other donatores they even went on this website metacritic and wrote false reviews in a desperate attempt to appeal to the dwindling audience even going as far as attacking totalbiscuit a youtuber who recevied a copy right strike from wildgame studios after their being plenty of evidence showing he had the right and permisission to do his review guys go check total biscuit out on youtube and now after that tangent from my proper review this game is SH*T the graphics are terrible i hate games that try to make a quick buck pound yen euro our whatever currency buying this mounstrouisty is more aless you openly giving money to get a cows sh*t after nacho night with lots off indigestion tablets thrusted in your face and to think people payed money when i played this awful excuse of a game i was offended i felt sick after ten minutes i was off and deleted the game so i would never play this game again the gameplay is **** its a survival simulator there is one factor that actually is good and that is monkeys using there turds ass weapons but even this gets boring ofter 1 minute i urdge you and i am going to put this in caps so you get the message STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF DIAREARY SH*T Expand
  30. Mar 10, 2014
    Unfortunately, there are so many people on this world who... simply put - hate putting effort into things they do. However, the Streisand effect is a huge problem to face. I've seen such things happening plenty of times and it's all about fooling customers and draining their money by selling them nothing but garbage. I may understand that kind of unpleasant action, but the most patheticUnfortunately, there are so many people on this world who... simply put - hate putting effort into things they do. However, the Streisand effect is a huge problem to face. I've seen such things happening plenty of times and it's all about fooling customers and draining their money by selling them nothing but garbage. I may understand that kind of unpleasant action, but the most pathetic thing to do is to disallow any criticism from being pointed out. It's like a trap; Day One has nice looking box art and Trailers were at least awesome. True nightmare comes when you launch the game, where the literal emphasis of "WTF?" is not even debatable. Everything in it sucks. The graphics waste potential of even quite outdated Unreal Engine 3. Sounds are equally disgusting and the gameplay is straightforwardly boring and not satisfying. The first time in my life I wanted to clean the pots rather than play the game thanks to Day One. And of course, there are plenty better ways to waste your time instead of playing this utter crap. Controversy sparked by developers leaves a lot to be desired. Don't play this crap. Please. Expand
  31. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is just to bad to describe...i got killed by a monkey flinging feces at me i got killed by a panther that came from nowhere i wish i could take back the money i wasted.
  32. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is horrific. Plain and simple. Nothing I have played has ever been this much of a waste of time. DO NOT BUY, DO NOT PROMOTE.
    Recommended use; in case of need for self induced lobotomy.
  33. Feb 18, 2014
    Never, ever should someone buy this game. Reasons are both because of the game, but also because of the developers. As a gamer I'm ashamed and I hope that this company will cease to produce content.
  34. Feb 8, 2014
    **** THIS GAME the graphics suck the ,music sucks the story sucks there are missing soud effects and the controls lock up all the time **** THIDS GAME
  35. Feb 7, 2014
    A game full of bugs, glitches, programming and design faults. Don't spend any money on this game, even in a bundle it is a big shame. What else is to say? Yeah, the game would have been a great idea, but it's stuck with that idea, the game itself is a mess.
  36. Jan 28, 2014
    The game looks okay but that isn't everything a game needs. developers try and test your game before selling it at a full retail price! this game is broken in every way. glitching trough objects, dull AI,a stupid combat system. this game is just a wreck! everyone who sees this watch totalbiscuits WTF is day on garry's incident! and you'll see what's wrong with this game. it is to much to write!
  37. Jan 27, 2014
    This game is horrible. Stay away at all cost. If you play it, it will make you insane. Watch Totalbiscuit video on it if you want to see just how bad this game is.
  38. Jan 18, 2014
    This game is total, and utter **** the gameplay is awful,and the AI is even worse, but worse still is the bull **** that WildGameStudios did to Total Biscuit. Just What The ****
  39. Jan 13, 2014
    If you managed to actually buy a game THIS BAD, after all the bad rep it got, i would honestly ban you from buying games. Period. There is no room for an accidental purchase with a game like this, you would have to be dumber than a bag of rocks, and more to the point, you're the reason games like this exist in the 1st place. So please, go away, and help the rest of us get better games inIf you managed to actually buy a game THIS BAD, after all the bad rep it got, i would honestly ban you from buying games. Period. There is no room for an accidental purchase with a game like this, you would have to be dumber than a bag of rocks, and more to the point, you're the reason games like this exist in the 1st place. So please, go away, and help the rest of us get better games in the future.
    P.S. I've watched a play-through on YT, and after 5 minutes realized it's wost game of 2013.
    In other words: If you bought it, you deserve it.
    Enjoy
  40. Jan 10, 2014
    With artificial intelligence so incredulously stupid, it is easy for one to mistake most of the cliched tribal enemies for scarecrows dotted around to decorate the game's horrendous looking environment. This is obviously a piece of crap pushed out by a bunch of untalented people looking to make quick money through false advertisements and bully tactics against those who review it poorly,With artificial intelligence so incredulously stupid, it is easy for one to mistake most of the cliched tribal enemies for scarecrows dotted around to decorate the game's horrendous looking environment. This is obviously a piece of crap pushed out by a bunch of untalented people looking to make quick money through false advertisements and bully tactics against those who review it poorly, even threatening their entire livelihoods through youtube copyright claims. What drives Wild Game Studios and it's President Stephane Woods, I have no idea, and it is a complete travesty of the game industry and I advise everyone to keep away from this abomination that can barely be passed off as a game. Expand
  41. Jan 6, 2014
    Never have I seen a game which blows my mind as much as this. I consider myself to have high standards for video game quality, and have dished out a few 2s, 1s and 0s for games which have had quite a lot of work put into them. But having seen this, I feel terrible about criticising some other bad games. Day One: Garry's Incident is on another level of unacceptable trolling with gamers'Never have I seen a game which blows my mind as much as this. I consider myself to have high standards for video game quality, and have dished out a few 2s, 1s and 0s for games which have had quite a lot of work put into them. But having seen this, I feel terrible about criticising some other bad games. Day One: Garry's Incident is on another level of unacceptable trolling with gamers' wallets and sanity! Expand
  42. Jan 4, 2014
    After hearing the cover up on this game by Wild Game Studios, I can not be more disgusted. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is another example of the Streisand Effect: When one chooses to hide or disclose something already made public, and in consequence will have it more publicized by the internet.
  43. Dec 26, 2013
    what can you say about Day One: Garrys Incident. Well first you could say that in the trailers it did show potential. there isnt alot of survival games like this. but it is horrible. flat out garbage. The controls are extremely clunky and the combat system is annoying. At random times you will die, for no reason. also some times the enemies will deal no damage and then some times theywhat can you say about Day One: Garrys Incident. Well first you could say that in the trailers it did show potential. there isnt alot of survival games like this. but it is horrible. flat out garbage. The controls are extremely clunky and the combat system is annoying. At random times you will die, for no reason. also some times the enemies will deal no damage and then some times they instakill you. there are a ton of bugs also. Oh but the graphics are nice, Because we all F***ing need nice graphics. no we dont. Wild Games Studio took the term "gameplay over graphics" and took a big turd on it. Also another thing, the CEO clearly cant take criticism alot of reviews on youtube have been taken by wild games studios. dont waste money like i did. 0/10 would not give this to people i hate Expand
  44. Dec 23, 2013
    Have you ever had a kidney stone? This game makes me wish I was having one. This feels like it was made on a Nintendo 64, except even those games played better than this.
  45. Dec 22, 2013
    Nice job trying to censor a review from somebody who has the right to, it's basically the same thing as Youtube's broken copyright system. Wild Games Studio, you're a joke... that's all I have to say.
  46. Dec 20, 2013
    FAIL!!!
    what i see watch YouTube is WTF Is... Day One: Garry's Incident ?

Cons :
    - RIPOFF
    Skyrim Models Ripoff
    Far Cry 3 Maps Ripoff
    Serious Sam 3 BFE Weapon is (Sirian Mutilator) Maybe? Ripoff
    Garry's Mod Name is (Garry's)?

- AI Bad Bugs
    - Bad Graphics
    - invisible model cant walk glitch
  47. Dec 12, 2013
    This is the biggest pile of excrement of a PC game I've ever played. Much worse than E.T. for the Atari 2600 and Action 52 combined. I'd rather have a split kransky than play this abomination of a game.
  48. Dec 12, 2013
    This is just a shame-game of a shame-developer... One of the many comments you hear is that the promised quality (in trailers and such) is way beyond the delivered quality in-game. The developer also tries everything it it's power to remove any negative comment about the game, which is absurd.
  49. Dec 3, 2013
    About The Developers
    The developers of this game had to back up their own Kickstarter campaign to make it pass. The developers had to give the game for free to everyone how voted it on Steam Greenlight to make it pass. The developers of this game are writing fake reviews of 10 and 9. The developers are taking down negative videos about this game and leaving the positive ones alone.
    About The Developers

About the game.
    The game has an interesting concept but really really poor execution. The game is buggy in every single aspect.
  50. Dec 1, 2013
    horrible game worst piece of crap ever madeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss horrible
  51. Nov 24, 2013
    Do not play this game. It's a total disaster. I'm warning you. Don't even think of it. No. Stop it. Dude, don't. Get out of here now before the game gets you. Kill the game before it lays eggs.
  52. Nov 23, 2013
    do not buy this game

please

don't do this

please do not do this

this is not a good review but please, do not do this

im in pain after not playing this game its still terrible
  53. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is one of the worst games I have ever played. Come on developers, get your ass straight and actually try when making a far cry 3 ripoff!!!!!!!!!!!
  54. Nov 21, 2013
    The developers of this game disgust me. They advertised an in-game contest for Steam currency on their Steam page days after the contest had ended. The game is impossible to enjoy because of the terrible taste left in your mouth from those rapscallions.
  55. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is terrible, enough said.

This game is terrible, enough said.

I came into Garry's Incident after all the controversy and had my expectations extremely low, however Day One: Garry's Incident managed the impossible and fell so low bellow them that i am left quite frankly shocked that a game this poor in quality exists. Game is boring, AI is beyond broken, there are bugs and glitches to no end, the graphics look like they came from a 2001 game and there is nothing enjoyable at all about this game.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, you will not enjoy it and if you do, you will be supporting people who care for nothing than to make money at the expense of free speech, the consumer and the gaming industry in general.
  56. Nov 17, 2013
    Avoid this trash. Do anything with your money but buy this, give it to charity, buy some paint and watch it dry, throw your money down the drain, set it on fire. All is preferable to the alternative!

Sign the petition to have this removed from Steam!

57. Nov 13, 2013
    As I approached this game, I regarded it with the same mindset and manner I would a smouldering car wreck. As I reached the scene of the catastrophe and peeled back some of the twisted, scorched metal I was greeted with the sight of its deceased and gruesomely disfigured occupants. While an utterly appalling sight, and while it was these occupants who were at fault for the crash, IAs I approached this game, I regarded it with the same mindset and manner I would a smouldering car wreck. As I reached the scene of the catastrophe and peeled back some of the twisted, scorched metal I was greeted with the sight of its deceased and gruesomely disfigured occupants. While an utterly appalling sight, and while it was these occupants who were at fault for the crash, I couldn't help but perhaps feel bad for them, as surely not everyone in the car had wanted it that way. Expand
  58. Nov 13, 2013
    This game is just a sad, pathetic excuse just to beat GTA V's sales by flagging someone's negative reviews and opinions around Youtube and all the other review sites just to earn more money. Tsk tsk tsk.... The graphics were dated, the QTE feels horrible it makes Ride to Hell stands up to the first place podium and lastly, most of the English text were written in a horrible and brokenThis game is just a sad, pathetic excuse just to beat GTA V's sales by flagging someone's negative reviews and opinions around Youtube and all the other review sites just to earn more money. Tsk tsk tsk.... The graphics were dated, the QTE feels horrible it makes Ride to Hell stands up to the first place podium and lastly, most of the English text were written in a horrible and broken English which screamed out ESL!

P.S. Do not buy this game and even Ride to Hell, you may desperately cry a lot in tears and forced you to beg for money outside of the street.
  59. Nov 13, 2013
    This game dull and full of bugs and this is the crap of the decade. Don't play it ,don't watch it don't talk about it, forget it. UN should close company that developed this trash for crime against humanity
  60. Nov 12, 2013
    I played this for a few hours a day for 3 days. The game crashes constantly. The graphics glitch continually, and the controls are unresponsive at best. I was given a game key so I didn't pay for it. The positive reviews of this game are obviously from the developers as a normal person wouldn't rate this at all.
  61. Nov 11, 2013
    Do not buy this game.... massive amount of bugs from graphic to game play to about everything. Nice concept, very poorly executed..... plus the devs won't take criticism.
  62. Nov 9, 2013
    The combat on this game is complete garbage, I don't even know how the developers though it was good and decided to have a combat system like that, it is very bad. But not as bad as the QTEs, they are stupid annoying and are put in the stupidest places, you want to heal? well you have to complete 2 time consuming and boring QTEs just to bandage up, I can see that the developers wanted theThe combat on this game is complete garbage, I don't even know how the developers though it was good and decided to have a combat system like that, it is very bad. But not as bad as the QTEs, they are stupid annoying and are put in the stupidest places, you want to heal? well you have to complete 2 time consuming and boring QTEs just to bandage up, I can see that the developers wanted the player to feel immersed, but it's just dumb. The bugs however are the worst any game has ever seen, like a very bad beta that wasn't finished, but no, it's a full release and it has more bugs than games from the 90's, clipping through objects, random spawning of enemies, scripted events that go wrong, and enemies hovering and completely immobile. The jungle that you spend most of the game in ,is a 3 or 4 tree models copy and pasted everywhere and it looks horrid, bad textures everywhere. Another issue are the invisible walls, they are very badly placed, some block wide places that you could easily walk through, and as shown on Youtube (by a video by Totalbiscuit) he couldn't even walk through a wide gap between 2 tents because of a badly placed invisible wall.

horrible game and also the developers tried to bribe people with game keys to vote it onto Greenlight, and they censored Totalbiscuits video because it shouted at the game, and then the developers blamed him for "making ad revenue of their license", basically they are scumbags and should hated for the crimes against gaming that they have committed.
  63. Nov 8, 2013
    Stephen Greene is the person you have to thank for this abomination. And guess what? He can't take criticism at all. And the manner in which he deals with this situation is using Youtube's Copyright Claim system in an abusive fashion. That's right; he uses this system to remove videos that are popular and hurt his chances of sales. Take Totalbiscuit for example: he reviewed the game in hisStephen Greene is the person you have to thank for this abomination. And guess what? He can't take criticism at all. And the manner in which he deals with this situation is using Youtube's Copyright Claim system in an abusive fashion. That's right; he uses this system to remove videos that are popular and hurt his chances of sales. Take Totalbiscuit for example: he reviewed the game in his WTF Is.... series, and the video was taken down shortly after by a company called Wild Games Studios, owned by, you guessed it, Stephen Greene. Stephen even "explained his actions" (more like came up with an excuse for his actions) on Steam. His post said something along the lines of: "Totalbiscuit has no right to post a review of my game without my permission." He even had the nerve to turn around and give permission to another Youtuber who coincidentally has about only 100 subscribers and just so happens to be singing his praises about the game. Youtube needs to realize what Stephen Greene is doing, and refine the Copyright Claims system so this cannot happen in the future. This has happened before on Youtube as well. Sega also removed any videos having to do anything with one of their older games known as Shining Force. So Youtube is partly to blame for their loopholes in their Copyright Claim Policy. Cherish this review, spread the word, and get these issues fixed. Expand
  64. Nov 8, 2013
    I'll be honest here, I have never played this game. But honestly, what WGS did with TotalBiscuit was a horrendous example of censorship. If you can't take criticism, please GTFO out of the gaming industry and never come back. I'll make sure to double-check the creators of a game in a market, and won't even touch it if it's made by them.

@tomasborlin, you're surely one of the creators'

@tomasborlin, you're surely one of the creators' alts. For one, there are a lot of better games out there, take GTA V and Assassin's Creed for example. Secondly, why exactly should we stop harassing a developer who clearly censors and corrects any bad criticism of their game when possible, and bribe people into getting it through Greenlight? People like this should deserve to never sell a game again.
  65. Nov 5, 2013
    The game is terrible.

But that's only the tip of the iceberg.

The real problem are the developers. They are the worst.

Wild Games Studio are the new Sergey Titov.
  66. Nov 4, 2013
    this is by far the crappiest game this year, regarding mechanics, animation, storytelling actually I'll stop the list, the whole game is crap.
    There is no redeemable quality for this game, I give it a well deserved 0
  67. Nov 4, 2013
    They censored our reviews. We made sure they would never sell another game ever again.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! The game is a cash in that uses default Unreal Engine graphics and the actions of the developers damage the video game industry!
  68. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is a scam, it's no better then ride to hell. the developers are idiots, going around on youtube taking their videos down for not liking the game.
  69. Oct 31, 2013
    This game is shoddy, and terrible. I tried to turn these mirrors on top of a giant pyramid but the game wouldnt let me because there was a invisible wall! This game is terrible in every way, Do not buy this game! Stay away and save your money and buy a good game like Batman or Mount and blade, just dont buy it.
  70. Oct 29, 2013
    A piece of crap unplayable game made by shady pathetic developers. They could pay me to play the game and I would not do it. Put it this way, if this game was made 10 years ago, it would be considered a piece of garbage. The fact that it's made recently make this turd a nuclear waste of a piece of game.
  71. Oct 28, 2013
    Let's be honest with ourselves, this game is an absolute joke. Not only is the entire thing buggy to the point of nearly being unplayable, even if it WASN'T buggy as sin, it would still be an embarrassingly bad piece of crap, not to mention the few dozen reviews obviously planted here by the developers in a desperate attempt to save its rating.
  72. Oct 28, 2013
    I did not know more than the game's name until I watched The Cynical Brit's video about the take down he received regarding the review he gave exposing this game for the it is. I've made this account just to give this review. This game is very buggy to the point of unplayable. The way that this game was released was shady. And the game developer should have never released this game. And II did not know more than the game's name until I watched The Cynical Brit's video about the take down he received regarding the review he gave exposing this game for the it is. I've made this account just to give this review. This game is very buggy to the point of unplayable. The way that this game was released was shady. And the game developer should have never released this game. And I hope the way we deal with this developer and his game sets the standard for not letting people like him get away with things like this. Also I don't know if it was intentional or not but I mistook this game to be from Garry Newman the guy behind Garry's mod I hope no one purchased it by accident, and shame on Wild Games Studio. Expand
  73. Oct 28, 2013
    They could have saved a lot of money and hassle if they just hired a couple of testers.

Also, trying to follow the path of War Z (aggressive censorship of the well based community feedback), isn't the way to go. You get what you give.
  74. Oct 27, 2013
    I can't think of a single game I have ever played that was as bad as this one. Since I do not want to use profanity, I will just end the review there, lol.
  75. Oct 27, 2013
    Total crap!! DON'T BUY! Wild Games studios asked totalBiscuit to review their game, and when he gave it negative remarks they flagged his youtube channel for copyright infringement. A perfect example of studios trying to bully the community into giving biased feedback. Will never ever ever ever buy one of your games.
  76. Oct 27, 2013
    Buggy, unplayable, and crap. These are several politically correct words to describe this disaster. Their is no redeemable quality to this game. It is an unfinished, buggy mess. I don't see why it is still on steam. It is a complete waste of money. Plus the developers ethics are taken into concern. Anyone that criticizes this game, they try to censor them. It is a despicable practice whichBuggy, unplayable, and crap. These are several politically correct words to describe this disaster. Their is no redeemable quality to this game. It is an unfinished, buggy mess. I don't see why it is still on steam. It is a complete waste of money. Plus the developers ethics are taken into concern. Anyone that criticizes this game, they try to censor them. It is a despicable practice which underwhelms free thinking and proper critics. Back to the game.
    It is ugly. the graphics resemble something from the mid 90s. The sound is nothing memorable. The game play is incomplete. Clipping is a huge issue. Poor animations make it impossible to tell what is going on. The low jumping and invisible walls limit any open world survival exploration that you were hoping to get from this game. It is just trash. If someone gave it to you for free, it would be better to just find a great way to recycle its contents. Asking $20 is completely outrageous.
    Seeing that this developer enjoys censoring anyone that has a negative opinion about this garbage and the fact that this game is garbage is enough to make you avoid this awful game. Please do yourself a favor and do not buy this or support the people making it.
  77. Oct 26, 2013
    Complete garbage game, fails at everything possible: bugs, graphics, gameplay, story, blatantly fake review. this is a massive waste of money and time. DO NOT GET THIS GAME!!!!
  78. Oct 26, 2013
    OMG! This game is And Wild Games Studio... no commands.............................................................................................................
  79. Oct 26, 2013
    God do not purchase this. I regret ever having to touch this pathetic excuse of a game. Invisible walls everywhere for one. And this is a "survival game" shouldn't we be able to walk through a 3 foot gap? Also don't forget about the horrendous lag on even the best computer. Also the game is prone to glitches and bugs that range from killing you instantly, to breaking quests, to flat outGod do not purchase this. I regret ever having to touch this pathetic excuse of a game. Invisible walls everywhere for one. And this is a "survival game" shouldn't we be able to walk through a 3 foot gap? Also don't forget about the horrendous lag on even the best computer. Also the game is prone to glitches and bugs that range from killing you instantly, to breaking quests, to flat out crashing your game. I have seen better games out of high schools then this. Good job Wild Games on making what will most likely be 2013's worst game. and also good job on joining the ranks of E.T., Big rigs, and Sonic '06. And really. you delete everything you want because you can not handle critics. You also made the trailer with all the cool features that were never in the game. and you donated on your own Kickstarter. How freaking sad. And to top it all off, you messed with TB and bribed people into passing your crap through greenlight. GTFO Wild Games, and never come back. Expand
  80. Oct 26, 2013
    Do not touch this bug ridden MESS OF A GAME! It is buggy straight from the get go and is just a awkward controlled of any remnant of a survival game! DO NOT BUY!
  81. Oct 26, 2013
    I don't want to say this is a bad game, but, it's a really, really and I mean really terrible game. There were glitches and bugs everywhere. It was a unrealistic game and terrible to play.
  82. Oct 26, 2013
    Do not touch this steaming pile. Bad game, made worse by the devs' censorship of criticism. Rather surprised that it actually made it through the greenlight process onto Steam at all.
  83. Oct 25, 2013
    The head dev lied about the game and censored an honest unbiased review. He attempted to repress the rights of someone who relies on reviewing games to make a living.
  84. Oct 25, 2013
    I don't normally subscribe to posting reviews on here, but after the outright immoral behaviour of this company, I had to offer my few penn'orth.

This game is an utter mess it is hard to purposely create a game with SO MANY bugs, I cannot fathom how they did it. Although, it doesn't end there. The bugs would be reason enough to avoid this game (as many are game-breaking) as you most likely won't be able to get to the end, but even in the best light, it is an EXTREMELY dull game, completely lacking in any interest or particular features.

Controls are dreadful a lot of the time, it's that bad you'd be forgiven for thinking you aren't actually controlling your character. Feedback is almost non-existent. A dreadful, dull, broken mess that summary should make you avoid this, however there's STILL more....

This company willingly sent out review code to a few people, the most popular being Youtube critic, Totalbiscuit. He obviously did a pretty scathing, albeit honest, review, to which the CEO made a spurious, untrue claim to Youtube, and got the video withdrawn. Note that all other (lesser viewed) critical videos remained up. It is very apparent the reason why he did this.

They've also lied about this issue, despite leaving evidence to prove their lies about the issue around the internet.

So a crap game of the highest order, created by a rather stupid, unscrupulous company. Go find something else to spend your money on. Even sticking a pin in a list would guarantee a better choice.
  85. Oct 25, 2013
    I think the overwhelming dislike should serve as a lesson to the CEO of the company and other CEOs don't try to do something unless your sure you have the power to do so. In this case, it's trying to censor large YouTube channels
  86. Oct 25, 2013
    Invisible walls, corrupted game saves, and a mediocre concept. I thought Skyrim had bugs. At least Skyrim makes up for it by being awesome at everything else. This game could be bug free and still be terrible.
  87. Oct 25, 2013
    it is utter usless it sux balls and cox holi never bay it it sux so much that it is crapy omg it sux very very very much plese do not bay it plese it sux verry much
  88. Oct 25, 2013
    AVOID AT ALL COST... this game is absolutely terrible, its garbage, so many bugs and game design, i feel bad for those who tried giving it a chance, including my self
  89. Oct 25, 2013
    This game is not worth buying, playing or even talking about, plus fake metcritic reviews and censorship over negative reviews. Absolute crap in my humble opinion
  90. Oct 25, 2013
    Utter garbage. This game should be removed, not just because its terrible but also because of the underhanded tactics of the developers themselves. They should be ashamed and deserve all they get.
  91. Oct 25, 2013
    The game is so buggy it is almost unplayable. Furthermore the game-play and graphics are really bad.
    This, on top of the developer business practices deserves the lowest score possible.
  92. Oct 24, 2013
    buggy and horrible game... a Wild Game Studios ****
    The amount of bugs and glitches was overwhelming.
    Invisible objects, invisible enemies, glitching objects and enemies+much more...
    There were no way to adjust the graphics(which were bad)
  93. Oct 24, 2013
    This game is terrible, it's full of bugs and broken promises. The developers should be ashamed of themselves for releasing such a horrible game. Do not buy this game.
  94. Oct 24, 2013
    Too much problems So much lags, black screen !!
    Seriously, DON'T BUY THIS GAME DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

This was my admise, i prefer playing minecraft the graphics are similar but there is no lags and no black screen at least
  95. Oct 24, 2013
    this game does not work, promised features a missing, AI is awful, game keeps breaking, when you are doing scripted events, i barely made it out of the starting area, before it was unplayable, and i was stuck.. i uninstalled it quickly.. and never want to talk about that bad experience again, i feel raped and abused.
  96. Oct 24, 2013
    So BAD, it's good. This game has potention to be the worst game of the year... it's probably worth to buy it in mega steam discount just to laugh at it. Seriously... in the first half hours of the game, you'll encounter some small monkeys that aren't hard to deal w/...... except the fact that they made extremely annoying sound. They are also quite small to hit so you've to aim perfectlySo BAD, it's good. This game has potention to be the worst game of the year... it's probably worth to buy it in mega steam discount just to laugh at it. Seriously... in the first half hours of the game, you'll encounter some small monkeys that aren't hard to deal w/...... except the fact that they made extremely annoying sound. They are also quite small to hit so you've to aim perfectly with your melee weapon. Then there are also bugged gameplay where it either instantly kill you or force you replay huge portion of game play when the path was block by invisible wall...... then you restart from a checkpoint and guess what.... all the small monekys respawn! After hearing their scream for couple more minutes, I promtly uninstall the game. If you still considering, seriously, go to Youtube and watch some other Let's Player encounter more hilarous and game breaking mechanic throughout the game! It's way more entertaining that actually playing the game yousefl and save yourself some and frustration. Expand
  97. Oct 24, 2013
    I don't know if it is because I, and probably many others, reported the false positive comments, made by the developer, but they are now removed. I am soo happy with metacritic for catching onto the bull**** and removing the bogus positive reviews! That adds credibility to the service as a whole. Do NOT buy this game!!
  98. Oct 23, 2013
    just appalling game really.. if you look at the graphics of this game you wont think this is 2013 going onto 2014. developer underhanded tactics to produce the game by funding their own kickstater. i believe they will make a huge lost. don't forget their social suicide with total biscuit. i applaud you for not brushing this under the carpet and use it as a learning experience but make ajust appalling game really.. if you look at the graphics of this game you wont think this is 2013 going onto 2014. developer underhanded tactics to produce the game by funding their own kickstater. i believe they will make a huge lost. don't forget their social suicide with total biscuit. i applaud you for not brushing this under the carpet and use it as a learning experience but make a hole in your reputation that even brown nosing might not even help Expand
  99. Oct 23, 2013
    This game sucks after seeing reviews made on youtube and then the developers reactions to the bad reviews by removing them is just appalling and they need to be taught a lesson that it should not be allowed to do that to a you-tuber. They made a game, they sent out the codes to you-tubers to review and they got reviews for the game they made
  100. Oct 23, 2013
  101. Sep 25, 2013
    I was looking forward to this game, despite a few concerns about it from a friend.

After giving it a good try (about 45 mins, all I could muster) I have to say I was incredibly disappointed with this game. Not only was it glitchy beyond belief, it also gave me motion sickness which I usually don't experience from games whatsoever. On topic of it being glitchy, let me elaborate.

On topic of it being glitchy, let me elaborate. There is various containers (jars, barrels) around the world that you can destroy. All I saw however was just fruit lying on the ground. Trying to pick it up seemed futile until I tried swinging my sword at it, and magically a jar or barrel got destroyed and I could pick up the fruit.

The only thing this game left me with was a feeling of regret for even giving it a chance.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. PC PowerPlay
    Nov 25, 2013
    No element of Day One appears stable, polished or functional. Avoid the big green "Add to Cart" button lest you suffer an incident of your own. [December 2013, p.82]