7.7

1. Aug 16, 2012
    DayZ is Highly addictive and takes time getting used to. u can learn stuff about playing dayz by thinking about real life what u would do in that situation .Once you can get good its fun Its about one of the Best zombies games ever the hyper realism makes you coming back for more its so difficult the zombies are scary and one moment i found myself In a grocery store with zombiesDayZ is Highly addictive and takes time getting used to. u can learn stuff about playing dayz by thinking about real life what u would do in that situation .Once you can get good its fun Its about one of the Best zombies games ever the hyper realism makes you coming back for more its so difficult the zombies are scary and one moment i found myself In a grocery store with zombies surrounding all the windows SCARY!! This game is recommended to anyone with good enough computer specs. This is Given a good rating by me because its Easily One of the best zombies Simulators ever. Expand
  2. Jul 15, 2012
    Great game, pretty stable for an alpha. If you like hardcore realism combined with a PvP "System" that will give you an adrenaline rush like never before and zombies. Then this game is for you.
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    If you want a game unlike anything you have ever played get DayZ. It is really good for it being in alpha and with some more updates it can only get better. You can go the same place 100 times in DayZ and every time it will be different. You will see players, do you trust them or not? Need to eat? Kill a sheep, cow, lamb, rabbit, chicken, or find some good ol' DayZ Heinz Beans! You canIf you want a game unlike anything you have ever played get DayZ. It is really good for it being in alpha and with some more updates it can only get better. You can go the same place 100 times in DayZ and every time it will be different. You will see players, do you trust them or not? Need to eat? Kill a sheep, cow, lamb, rabbit, chicken, or find some good ol' DayZ Heinz Beans! You can also go into shock, break your leg(s), bleed to death, etc. Its a scary world out there in DayZ get some buddies and get to playing. Expand
  4. Jan 26, 2013
    Fun thing is, people do not realise that this game/mod is in Apha and there wasnt even a proper team that worked on it, so before you open your mouth, try to understand what is going on with it first. I think that from what it was and what it is now, there is a big jump!
    Now, when the Standalone is in development, that gives the developers a whole new perspective and so many more options what to do with the engine. I think this is one of the most abitious games this year, it just needs some polish.
  5. Jan 6, 2013
    Cant wait for Standalone version, you cant "rate" free arma 2 mod.... 10/10 for mod, great job Rocket... but its too glitchy and run very bad on good pc rig... cant wait for standalone version
  6. Jan 12, 2013
    This is one of the best mods out there... It isn't the best but its great! Sure it has bugs but you must remember its an alpha MOD not a game. When you play It takes you in and subversive game-play elements. This MOD makes you feel like your the person surviving and when you kill someone makes you feel bad (most of the time) unlike modern FPS witch have no affect on your feelings what soThis is one of the best mods out there... It isn't the best but its great! Sure it has bugs but you must remember its an alpha MOD not a game. When you play It takes you in and subversive game-play elements. This MOD makes you feel like your the person surviving and when you kill someone makes you feel bad (most of the time) unlike modern FPS witch have no affect on your feelings what so ever. There is a few problems but nothing to cry over. The game has almost unlimited replayability seeing as there are now new maps you can go on and the large number of things you can do... Expand
  7. Jan 24, 2013
    simply put? it's a bit glitchy, there are some hackers, and it's a mod. remember that, a mod. it had no financial backing and no professional support. people who expect this to be perfect are out of their damn minds.
    I've spent months playing it and love it. Just ready for the actual release.
  8. Jan 20, 2013
    So its a realistic mod or game about zombies, you need to survive, its online.

Like the bad things on this game is if they kill you, you loose every thing.

for using this game you need arma || combined operations.
  9. Dec 28, 2012
    After understanding my surroundings and looking farther than the crappy inventory system, I realized Dayz is a paranoia simulator that has 2 core elements: zombies and survivors. Zs can be avoided and some times are stupid as **** but dont get **** they´ll **** gangbang rape you. Survivors are scarier than zombies, they can group with you or they´ll kill you for your loot.After understanding my surroundings and looking farther than the crappy inventory system, I realized Dayz is a paranoia simulator that has 2 core elements: zombies and survivors. Zs can be avoided and some times are stupid as **** but dont get **** they´ll **** gangbang rape you. Survivors are scarier than zombies, they can group with you or they´ll kill you for your loot. Trust noone, just RL friends. You can get robbed in this game. The loot system is great, a compass, a map, matches, a pistol, food, drinks, you learn the value of digital items. Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2013
    Is a game with a lot of potentiality. The Original game is not new but the engine brings to the player and developers the possibility to imagine and create almost with no limits. The multilayer system is perfect, the map is enormous and the weather conditions are incredible. The zombies have some strange movements, the saving system is not the best and the playability is not to much friendly.
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Never has a game drawn such emotion out of me. The difficulty level you find is a refreshing challenge compared to most games today where they hold your hand through everything.
  12. X0R
    Dec 26, 2012
    I already owned Arma2, so as a free mod this game is a blast. It has a lot of quirks to it, and no tutorial hand-holding, but that adds to the high realism of what I'd expect to experience in an apocalyptic world. You're always searching for food & water, ammo, bandages, pain killers and looking over the hill for a human that might help you, or hit you in the head with a wrench to pickI already owned Arma2, so as a free mod this game is a blast. It has a lot of quirks to it, and no tutorial hand-holding, but that adds to the high realism of what I'd expect to experience in an apocalyptic world. You're always searching for food & water, ammo, bandages, pain killers and looking over the hill for a human that might help you, or hit you in the head with a wrench to pick your corpse for loot. While the PvP element is at its core, I can never predict how someone will react. 50% of the time I'm surprised in walking away with a new friend. DayZ is still in development, but as it stands Rocket has created something very different, and very cool.

I rated this game high because personally, I love it, but if you want to know more before buying Arma2, just look at one of the many youtubes out there with DayZ Survival stories ....that's what sucked me in last year.
  13. Jan 1, 2013
    I give this mod such a high score because it has implemented some features and ideas that are completely new to games. And that is saying a LOT. Of course this game isnt for everyone. As the developer said it is a Anti-Game since it is very frustrating.

But if you bear that in mind it is a great game, specially if you play it as a newbie. The only goal in this gameis to survive. And boy is it hard as you begin. You have no guns, zombies are everywhere around anything with loot, you need to eat and drink regularly to stay alive, you bleed when hit and you cant heal as in other games. If you get killed you have to start from scratch, losing all that you had. Here you just gain a tiny ammount of health by eating or need a friend to give you a blood transfusion. So if you are alone you are alone you can only heal very slowly by eating. Oh and you havent got a map when you start and even if you get that and a compass you will still have to guess your location. You will spend a lotof time looking at your map and saying: I think that hill up north must be this one in my map here.
    If you think that was hard enough here comes the best part. The zombies will not be your biggest threat, the players will. Since most of them will just shoot you on sight. There are a lot of bandit gangs around with sniper rifles and whatnot and most of the time you wont even know where the shot cme from. Since this mod is based on a ultra-realistic military combar simulator you pretty much get killed after a couple of shots. That gives the player the feeling of being a prey to some crazy post-apocaliptic raider gangs. So most of the time you will just travel through the forest, trying to avoid populated areas and only going out to scavenge a town one you have scouted and made sure there was no-one around.

If you are into this feeling check this mod out. If you find it too hard there is plenty of guides and maps around that will tell you how easily trick zombies and where to get loot relatively easy. But I suggest you try to play this game as a noob and learn it along the way, its so much more fun.

There is so much that can be learned from this mod in regards to other games. As someone said before, this is what STALKER should have been.
  14. Dec 20, 2012
    Not with out its problems but by far the best free mod i have played. I cant wait for the standalone version which will fix the glitches and hacking.

It is very intense at times a single mistake can set you back hours of game play but that is what makes it so exciting. Never has a game got my heart going as much as this one has. With that said you can have a lot of fun doing silly

With that said you can have a lot of fun doing silly things, playing jokes on people and if your lucky meet a few "friendlies". But be careful, most of them just want your can of beans...

There are no critic reviews yet.