Dead Pixels PC

7.3

1. Dec 9, 2012
    Great great retro game, lots of customization. Make no misstake, the gameplay is unforgiving. you really have to be smart to survive past the streets. Give it a try, its worth the good price
  2. Dec 9, 2012
    So I got this game because of the super low price tag and the fact that I love retro indie games. That being said I was very surprised at how much I've enjoyed the game. There are 3 game types, 2 are basically a story mode from different perspectives and one is a last stand mode where you see how long you can last while fighting endless waves of zombies. The game randomly generates thingsSo I got this game because of the super low price tag and the fact that I love retro indie games. That being said I was very surprised at how much I've enjoyed the game. There are 3 game types, 2 are basically a story mode from different perspectives and one is a last stand mode where you see how long you can last while fighting endless waves of zombies. The game randomly generates things like weapon placement and what stores have for sale so you can play the campaigns multiple times and still have an enjoyable experience. The campaigns are not super long but they are enjoyable non the less and the game is very re playable. It has local coop for 2 people and the only reason I ding a point is that this would have been amazing with online coop. I would have gladly spent a few extra bucks to be able to play this without having someone at my house. Even without that though this is a bargain at the price and if you're looking for a several hours worth of fun and you enjoy these retro type games you will love this one. Expand
  3. Jan 4, 2013
    I am a sucker for retro pixel games, and this is a good one.

Excellent game, highly addictive game play. Challenging, fair and fun. Lots of content for a very low price.

What can i say. It is a winner.
  4. Mar 22, 2013
    one of the worst games i've ever bought. So repetitive. It must have taken them like less than hour to make this game. Yes it's that bad. I'd rather paint dry. No i'm not kidding.
  5. Jan 28, 2013
    The controls were pretty clunky as was the store interface and looting aspects of the game. Combat just didn't feel very fun. I found myself just racing to the end after getting about halfway through it. Once you've played it for 4 hours and it starts to get repetitive I don't see you wanting to come back for a second helping.
  6. Apr 7, 2013
    I personally rate this game as a 3. For me, I had fun for the first 10 minutes, but after that it was just plain boring. If you have a lot of money to spare, buy it, but I don't think it will entertain you for long. A more suitable price is 99 cents.
  7. Jan 5, 2014
    Marvellous old school shooter, brought me right back to the C64 and the limited ammo adds some great strategy, run or fight. Depending on what you have and whether you can avoid them. Well recommended.
  8. Sep 24, 2013
    Dead Pixels is one of those "Run to the right" type of shooter games... However that doesn't make it bad. With the great art design and a brilliant soundtrack Dead pixels is more than just mindlessly killing zombies.

First let's talk about the Graphics. The graphics are good in many ways, First the nice and big pixels make all the characters look stylish. Not only that but with old film effects and decent lighting effects this Dead Pixels is one game that is a looker

In the Audio Department dead pixels is also I great game, With nice gun sound effects to the depressing music the plays during the shopping sequences. There is a lot of sound designing qualities that make this game just Ear Candy

In the game play mechanics there is some good and some bad. Firstly you can only fire straight in-front of your face... secondly the game is not made that variant is the 10-30+ levels you play. Even though there are 3 episode the game play is still pretty much the same... However the gameplay is fun and ammo management can be quite hectic at times. This game is a good challenge and will test your skills You can even have a friend join in the fray to make the game more action packed.

With a stellar soundtrack and nostalgic pixelated graphics this game is a greatly polished game even with a slight repetition in the game play

I Give this game a 7/10
  9. Jun 15, 2013
    A decent retro-style zombie game to keep you entertained for a few hours. The price of 3€ is pretty high for its value, though.

The gameplay can get a bit repetitive and boring, but it has a certain moment where you can really enjoy balancing your ammo consumption and surviving through the horde. The difficulty system prolongs the length of game modes for example from 10 to 40

The difficulty system prolongs the length of game modes for example from 10 to 40 rounds. I would prefer to choose the amount of zombies and amount of rounds separately, and as in lower difficulty settings you really can just run through campaigns without firing a bullet, there really isn't an option of a quick yet fun game.

Dead Pixels' gameplay is designed worse than its feel and outlook which are surprisingly neat. The soundtrack is nice and enjoyable and its look has that certain "1920's damaged film reel" feeling to it that I enjoyed.

I'd recommend Dead Pixels if you have a boner for indie retro games. Otherwise it doesn't quite offer 3€'s worth of entertainment. When Steam sales come around again I'd recommend it for anyone, though, even just as a backup time killer.
  10. Sep 20, 2013
    A decent game, especially for the price. The graphics are charming, the gameplay is challenging but rewarding, the music is a bit bland, but the gameplay in the three separate stories is all different enough to redeem it. The game isn't without flaws, as the game doesn't allow you do shoot directly up or down, if you get stuck in a group, it's game over, and the game is clearly a budgetA decent game, especially for the price. The graphics are charming, the gameplay is challenging but rewarding, the music is a bit bland, but the gameplay in the three separate stories is all different enough to redeem it. The game isn't without flaws, as the game doesn't allow you do shoot directly up or down, if you get stuck in a group, it's game over, and the game is clearly a budget title, but that doesn't stop the fun. Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2013
    I got this game for £0.76 when it was on offer and I'm not even sure if it was worth that! Mixing zombies with pixel art does not go together at all! You can maybe get 1 hour of gameplay out of this game and that's it!
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    Some people say this game is repetitive, but that's what you do in all zombie related games. You kill. You grab. You heal. You win. Its what happens in all of them. The art style of this game is probably the best part, and I also love the face that you get great detail on what weapons your getting and what type they are. It really is different, and there is no annoying story to slow youSome people say this game is repetitive, but that's what you do in all zombie related games. You kill. You grab. You heal. You win. Its what happens in all of them. The art style of this game is probably the best part, and I also love the face that you get great detail on what weapons your getting and what type they are. It really is different, and there is no annoying story to slow you down. Give it a shot, you'll only loose 2 quid. Expand
  13. Nov 17, 2013
    This small action game possesses a really basic gameplay: It could almost be called a "casual game". However it's pretty fun, especially if played in cooperative with another human. VIRTUALINN.IT
  14. Jan 2, 2014
    Got this for 1€ on XBLA. This game is really great I had a blast playing it all the way through. There's is a nice Weapon trading system that reminds me of Resident Evil 4. You can also play it with a Friend in local co-op mode. I reccomend it. And I'm hoping that Dead Pixels 2 will be at least as good as this.
  15. May 17, 2014
    In my quest retro games, here I came across this game, Dead Pixels. And honestly, what a discovery! This game is perfectly developed to be a retro, it weighs almost nothing, it takes absolutely nothing in performance, and it costs only 1 €! In short, a very good game, even if it is limited in time, but all good fans will love retros.
  16. Sep 17, 2015
    It's an AMAZING game, with a focus on strategy and surviving.
    Pros:
    +Adictive gameplay
    +pretty decent dificulty
    +Local Co-Op
    +requires strategy
    +amazing pixel art
    +lots of weapons.
    +leveling up
    + THE PRICE

Actually, I couldn't find any flaws in the game for what it's meant to be.
    I bought it pretty cheap and I'm getting a lot of fun.
    Everyboy should try it!
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. PC Gamer UK
    Mar 3, 2013
    For only 1.99, it's a trip back in time worth taking. [March 2013, p.95]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 4, 2013
    Modest hack'n'slash with undead hordes hides a longer and better playtime then you would expect. [Jan 2013]