7.1

1. Jul 31, 2014
    this game has a great horror story with good gameplay i love the voice acting
    this game has its creepy moments and it has its LOL moments
    if you want a good horror / crime needs to be solved type of good then look no farther this game is amazing.
    85 / 100
  2. Sep 22, 2014
    This is the weirdest, ugliest, buggiest game I've ever played... but it's so good despite all that. The story and characters, the strange mechanics, the ugly but charming graphics - it's an odd, yet wonderful creation. Something you must approach with an open mind to truly appreciate.

Please give it a chance.
  3. Nov 3, 2013
    In rare cases some things are so the worst they cross a certain threshold and acquire a new quality: so bad it's good. They become Deadly Premonition.
  4. Jun 1, 2014
    If I ever wrote a book with a video game topic the title would be "1 Video Game You Must Play Before You Die" and Deadly Premonition would be the subject. In it you would find countless of analysis of the many citizens of Greenvale, a complete study of the main characters quirks and flaws, how to make your own Sinner's Sandwich and why you always should keep your suit pressed and clean.If I ever wrote a book with a video game topic the title would be "1 Video Game You Must Play Before You Die" and Deadly Premonition would be the subject. In it you would find countless of analysis of the many citizens of Greenvale, a complete study of the main characters quirks and flaws, how to make your own Sinner's Sandwich and why you always should keep your suit pressed and clean.

Hell, I would probably end up writing a sequel. There is just so much going on in this game that one book simply couldn't content everything that needs to be said about Deadly Premonition.

There are lot of great games out there, but in my view there is only about 3 games that have ever gone far and beyond and pushed what a game really is capable of being. A game that changes the way you will look at games. A game that makes you realize what a fantastic medium games can be, if it's utilized for more than simply being another entertainment form to ultimately make you pass time. A game that ruins gaming.

Deadly Premonition is all that. It's impossible to describe exactly what it is that makes it such a fantastic game. Most people will only shake their heads and it's like trying to describe a miracle to people who never witnessed one.
  5. Mar 17, 2017
    Pros:
    - From a non-technical point of view this is a gem of gaming. There're not many open world survival horror games like this out there.
    - Add to the formula a contrast between awkward humor, a dark story about a murder, and tons of references of movies and series. Yes this stinks Twin Peaks everywhere...and we love it! :D - Let's talk about visuals and gameplay. The game was
    Pros:
    - Let's talk about visuals and gameplay. The game was originally intended to be on PS2 but finally it came for the second one. The characters looks decent in comparison of some meshses from Greenvale. But the amount of work done on each road of this city deserves a bit of understanding. The goal was to achieve the detective experience of solving this murder in a non-linear way. I mean the game has it's scripted path and missions but you can always add to the story by doing side-quests in GTA fashion or LA Noir Fashion. I think Swery did a great work on Greenvale. Each part of the city has some collectibles and some clunky or funny designs that tells the player "go there!...is funny isn't it!?" for instance when you go through a forbidden road or a field filled with animals. The map can look like game from early 2000's but I found this place a very nice place to explore. Plus the rain that's my weakness...plus the woods. In terms of design and having some TP references he achieved it big time!
    - The characters look way better. The shadows the cast within their mesh is way better than the projected on environments and it looks like the put some nice attention on normal maps. Of course the animation is cheesy and basic sometimes. But this is part of the style (like D4 for instance a few years after DP).
    - The combat is like RE4. Not as fast and the enemies could be repetitive BUT the key of its levels is the puzzle solving. Some enemies drop keys. Other levels makes you figure out a path or interact with the elements in it.
    - OMG the car controls xD (no, is not a "pro" but is not a "con").
    - The OST is amazing! Point mother ♥♥♥♥ing period!
    - The Director's Cut adds some tweaks on the controls that makes the experience way better than the Xbox 360 first version. Of course the changed some artistic details like the famous color grading but this is the ultimate experience (at least for now).
    - Also the Director's Cut version has a few new cutscenes which adds to the story. I will not spoil anything but I found the ending of the game one of the best from the last few years. Not kidding.
    - If you didn't get many side-quests the game has TONS of interesting details.
    - "DP Fix" exist! (http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=438) As it happened with Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition. Deadly Premonition was a even more broken game on PC at launch. Consider helping the modder ;)
    Now we can play the game and even over-sample shadows, resolution, AA, AO etc.. The fix also let's to change textures, there are some HD Packs and button prompt if you want to use a Dualshock for instance.

Cons:
    - Even with a monster PC you'll have some long loading times. I know there will not be a remastered definitive edition on the future. But if there was any chance, this is something that can help improving the experience A LOT.
    - You can loose some interesting character development if you don't explore Greenvale. Spy people on the windows!!

Notes:
    - You can find "Pillow Stains", the song from the former form of DP called "Rainny Woods" check the trailer on YouTube: https://youtu.be/EbbhwO7pRHA within the game ;) just explore the map. Song: https://youtu.be/H9zfSVmMbjM

- Don't waste your first playthrough without doing side-quest.
    - DP Fix recommendations:
    1) Desactivare the DEP for the .exe
    2) Create a shortcut of the .exe to achieve the borderless mode.
    3) Run the .exe with W98 compatibility and admin rights.
    4) If you have some .dll problems just follow the Steam discussions. Every OS is different.
    5) You can now use Sweet FX to bring the Xbox 360 grading.
    6) There's a horrible Memory Leak problem within the fullscreen mode. Use borderless as mentioned before to solve this on many cases. This also will solve the issue of the Alt+Tab freeze and the steam overlay.
    Many other issues and workarounds can be found here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deadly_Premonition:_The_Director's_Cut
    - I would add many things but they could be spoilers. I would recommend you to visit my friend Whitney's Page "Welcome to Greenvale" www.facebook.com/welcometogreenvale and her YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/shhistoricalsociety
    - Another recommendation from YouTube after beating the game: https://youtu.be/d7DGK2U387Q

1. PC PowerPlay
    Feb 24, 2014
    It's difficult to tell where genius ends and incompetence begins, but either way, it's astoundingly entertaining. [March 2014, p.62]
  2. Dec 24, 2013
    Enjoyable writing cloaked in layers of problematic navigation, tonal inconsistency and pressing A and D not to die.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 25, 2013
    Twin Peaks gone gaming is an unique experience marred only by obsolete technology. If you're drawn towards unconventional games, don't miss this weirdness made in Japan. [Issue#236]