7.9

1. JasonSage
    Sep 2, 2009
    Fun - it's a game people - it's gorgeous, the acting is great, its funny, its serious, it's high paced - I'm not personally in the military - I dont' need 100% simulation for that. I have ArmA when I'm feeling down with science - likewise xPlane and other simulators - for a FUN First Person Game? For Me? This ROCKS!
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    I have spent thousands of hours on this game over the years, had loads of fun and made loads of friends on it.. thats why i gave it a high score. I remember when it came out in 2003 truly awesome game then, the single player was ok but the multiplayer was something else.. The graphics were stunning and the maps went from tiny room battles to truly massive maps,nice selection of weapons andI have spent thousands of hours on this game over the years, had loads of fun and made loads of friends on it.. thats why i gave it a high score. I remember when it came out in 2003 truly awesome game then, the single player was ok but the multiplayer was something else.. The graphics were stunning and the maps went from tiny room battles to truly massive maps,nice selection of weapons and map modding tools. Biggest drawbacks was the glitches,bugs and cheaters... very dated game now but i still sometimes play. Expand
  3. FlorianL.
    Jul 4, 2003
    Bland and repetitive shooter that is more like a sub-standard version of Serious Sam than a good depiction of the conflict in Somalia. If you want to face hordes of braindead "AI" characters, who do nothing but charge and shoot, while passing through bland enviroments where the some colour is a boring shade of beige than this is your game. Sure, the multiplayer is OK, but having played Bland and repetitive shooter that is more like a sub-standard version of Serious Sam than a good depiction of the conflict in Somalia. If you want to face hordes of braindead "AI" characters, who do nothing but charge and shoot, while passing through bland enviroments where the some colour is a boring shade of beige than this is your game. Sure, the multiplayer is OK, but having played much better FPS games on whatever system, this is still an easily forgotten and very flawed game..disappointing... Expand
  4. ThiagoO.
    Jun 22, 2003
    This game stinks. What were you thinking when you gave it a 10 or 9 ? Have you ever played any other FPS gave in your life ?
  5. MB
    Apr 18, 2009
    This was the worst game ever, infuriating and terrible. The AI was nonexistent and the gameplay lackluster. It was the last time I ever bought a game without reading a review as well. Look at the worst score, it's from GameSpot, a good review company. They gave it a 56, and that is generous is my mind. Terrible game. Absolutely awful.
  6. JoN.
    Jul 6, 2003
    Its an alright game, but the single player wasn't what i expected. The muti-player aspect of the game is what makes it worth playing. You can win awards and you even gain ranks visable to other players when you reach a set level of kills or experance points, also you can view all you stats from the login screen. Its not a perfect game, but its a good game.
  7. S-3288
    Jul 6, 2003
    One of the best multiplayer experiences to come along in quite some time. If you rated it low, you are just showing your inexperience with FPS.
  8. MikeL.
    May 22, 2003
    This game is the best and most entertaining game to play on the internet hands down. And yes I've played Battlefield 1942....For what ever reason, I always find myself coming back to Delta Force. I cant stop playing it, I fricken love this game. All other games become boring after playing for a few weeks. Delta Force multi-player is always "Fresh & New" ....... Love this game. If This game is the best and most entertaining game to play on the internet hands down. And yes I've played Battlefield 1942....For what ever reason, I always find myself coming back to Delta Force. I cant stop playing it, I fricken love this game. All other games become boring after playing for a few weeks. Delta Force multi-player is always "Fresh & New" ....... Love this game. If your looking for a fun game to play with friends or just a good shoot'em upper......no need to look any further, you found the MOTHER of all MOTHERS, this game KICKS A$$ !! Collapse
  9. Marc
    Jun 24, 2003
    Multiplayer rules.
  10. MNEU
    Jun 4, 2003
    Buy it. now.
  11. RobertP.
    Jul 22, 2003
    The multiplayer is unreal!! The single player is not bad, but not the greatest. Definitely the most fun multiplayer game I have played. Get it you freaks!
  12. TimH.
    Apr 16, 2003
    I have seen no mention of the opposing force in the above reviews. Do you actually mow down hords of poorly armed, barefooted, starving Somalians?
  13. JasperL.
    Apr 17, 2003
    It's a very good game the graphics are very good it has fast gameplay the enemies are smarter and the mission editor is very simple to use.
  14. JoeyB.
    Jun 21, 2003
    It's a great game i've had it now for a week and i'ts really fantastic.
  15. MickL.
    Aug 14, 2003
    The game rules even though i've got the demo multiplayer knocks me dead.I love going the gunner cause he's got the best guns.The first time I played the game the computer buggerd up so I tried putting memory in the computer and it worked better.So I started a multi player game entered the enemy teams armory and got turned into a sushe by a grenade launcher and I got the enemy The game rules even though i've got the demo multiplayer knocks me dead.I love going the gunner cause he's got the best guns.The first time I played the game the computer buggerd up so I tried putting memory in the computer and it worked better.So I started a multi player game entered the enemy teams armory and got turned into a sushe by a grenade launcher and I got the enemy flag 22x.Then a little sh$$ comes along and stapped me so I give my team a command to kill that little bast$$$ and the killed me nice huh. Expand
  16. Henry
    Oct 17, 2003
    This is the best game I ever played. The graphics are spectacular and the missions are amazing. I recommend it to those who are pretending to buy this game.
  17. GeorgeM.
    May 25, 2003
    It's the best game ever.
  18. MatthewH.
    Aug 28, 2003
    The single player portion of the game might be lacking a little bit, but the multiplayer portion definitely covered for the lost ground. No computer AI is as good as a real person!!! The multiplayer mode is just outstanding and I can't stop playing.
  19. May 16, 2012
    i personally did not think this was the best delta force out there but, it was hell not the worst fps out there. the single player missions are alright but i find the ai very dum. the mutilplayer though is amazing and worth buying just for that.
  20. X0R
    Apr 19, 2013
    Put a lot of time in on this game too when it came out, glad it still runs on Win7 64bit. It was always a little buggy, but what game isn't? It looks dated, but I started out playing games like EA Seal Team (1993) on 3.5 disks, so to me graphics are still second to gameplay/realism. Few military games advance your character's (and squad mates') progress with medals, honors and deathPut a lot of time in on this game too when it came out, glad it still runs on Win7 64bit. It was always a little buggy, but what game isn't? It looks dated, but I started out playing games like EA Seal Team (1993) on 3.5 disks, so to me graphics are still second to gameplay/realism. Few military games advance your character's (and squad mates') progress with medals, honors and death like Seal Team did..... "Leave no man behind." Delta Force Black Hawk Down is a classic. Expand
  21. Dec 5, 2012
    I really miss playing online with the clan war and stuff, I never expect to play a single player, (which is really hard to beat and really disapointing and simple) This is HARD-CORE for multiplayer FPS noobies. The best from the oldies.
  22. Nov 4, 2013
    VERY AWESOME! Cool old skool FPS with good gameplay and missions. Maybe a little short, but that´s not a deal breaker. Looking forward to play the other games in this series.
  23. Jun 13, 2013
    The missions are based on real incident of the war in Somalia. The graphic are "OK" or not so great .The guns and grenades in the game are great. Playing it is a fun time ahead
  24. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is haunting Based on the Black Hawk Down movie, one of the best war movies ever, with an amazing Hans Zimmer soundtrack, this game is in my favorite top 10.

1. You might not think that we need another first person shooter in our collections, but when such a simple game can be fun, exhilarating, affecting, tense and stressful all at once, you begin to wonder why you ever needed more.
  2. It features some attractive visuals and a few particularly dramatic scenes. Still, Black Hawk Down is a deeply flawed shooter that has a moment of disappointment or frustration for every moment of fun.
  3. If you're a military sim gamer who's looking for endless hours of action devoid of strategy or tactics, then this is your game. [June 2003, p.84]