8.4

1. Nov 4, 2011
    Great game, it is a HUGE game to complete (Must have put in well over 25 hours and still haven't finished it yet as I'm doing all sidequests) , Sexy graphics , smooth controls and a deep, engaging plot with twists and turns.

Another example of a great 2011 game. Eidos Interactive deserve a pat on the back for this.
  2. Mar 28, 2013
    I really like this game, I just cant enjoy it because the developer will not fix the poor mouse support. The mouse aiming seems to not want to respond immediately. It takes about 8 seconds for it to respond when using a controller mouse. That's bad.
  3. Oct 14, 2011
    Pretty much a revamp of the original deus ex. Same atmosphere, stooopid AI, flat bland textures, air ducts, hacking... But all said, it's mildly enjoyable. Surprising the lousy framerate I get with such blah textures. Other games do much better..
  4. Sep 18, 2011
    I am a huge fan of the original so Deus Ex Human Revolution had to meet some pretty high expectations to get a good review from me. Deus Ex HR does remain true to the Deus Ex formula and is not another Invisible War farce. The kind of game play here has been seen more recently in the Mass Effect games ironicaly borrowed heavily from the original Deus Ex 1. So we have 2 series of games driving each other forward it seems. Deus Ex 1 introduced us to missions that could be completed more than one way and upgrades that decided which way we did them. Unfortunately the original Deus Ex 1 got a little lost half way through the game and stopped supporting that, becoming a plain old shooter in the end with half hearted steps and the multi choice mission design. Which made the early game the favourite part of the original for most hard core fans. Deus Ex HR does not make that mistake, you have choices all the way through the game and best of all Deus Ex HR does a far better job of it than the original Deus Ex 1 did. So the gameplay is best described as Deus Ex 1 Statue of Liberty level on some very strong drugs. Every single level jn HR blows that original Deus Ex level away on game play terms and in terms of choices.

The tools used to active this are simple, multiple paths to every destination exist, passwords can often be found on computers for security systems. So all you really need to do is decide if you want to be stealthy or gun ho and configure your character accordingly.

Believe me you can take good 70% of the upgrades by the end of the game, so there is lots of room for experimentation here. Perhaps a little too much room actually. The difficulty levels are easy normal and hard though they use different words to describe them. I found Normal gets you killed just enough to make you think about each level. Thus turning HR in to an RPG rather than a shooter. If you play on easy, you find it becomes more of a shooter than an Deus Ex game and if you play on hard, which is called "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty, I fully expect you to be completely reliant on your upgrades to succeed. So the balance is great, though the bosses are more annoying cop outs than a real end of level story update that should have taken place. A sign of a problem that this game has actually. Unfortunately HR lacks a strong story line and its characters are too shallow to care about. You will not care about saving the main quest character the game is about. You will not care which NPCs around you die. This game is more action that story and you jump around from one place to the next so fast that the little details that made the first game special and where important to game in some ways are lost in translation in HR.

HR is a far shallower game than the original Deus Ex as a result. And at about 25 hours long for the main story and side quests on the first play through, it is a short game than Deus Ex 1 too. Going by my £1 per hour rule to gage value for money, if you only play this game once, you will be ripped off by £5 if you buy it at full price. If you can make it to 30 hours it will be good value for money but given all those details I spoke about are missing, I am having a hard time working out where those extra 5 hours will come from. Still if do not care about such things than fine but you should because without a firm expected guide to game length you end up paying £30 for games that struggle to make the 10 hour make like Batman and Bioshock 1.

So HR gets the game play right but fails on the story line and characters, basically it is swings and around about is. It is a good Deus Ex game, it delivers the gameplay we expect in spades and even sets new standards for future Deus Ex games. So it beats the original in some very important areas and falls short in other important areas. Which means its a great sequel because there are clearly ways this game can be improved in the net one and its not going to be hard to achieve next time now the formula is right for the game play again.

PS avoid Deus Ex the invisible war, it is a farce from the start and has little or no relation to any other Deus Ex game.

If you like Mass Effect, Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines, knights of the old republic or Deus Ex 1, then you will like Deus Ex HR too. This is a genre has a lot of fans when the formula is right and it is almost right here.
  5. Oct 3, 2012
    Extremely fun game to play and I love the choices at the end and videos and commentary that followed under each option. Well done game. I hope they develop a sequel that is just as fun as this was. I played it constantly from start to finish, something I rarely do.
  6. Jul 1, 2013
    This is what I call a great game! Very good history, good gameplay and graphics. I really apreciate this game and recommend it to everyone that likes a good RPG.
  7. Oct 17, 2011
    Short review:
    Pros:
    - The player's choices affect the how the story line is approached. Sure, the "main" storyline's not changed by your choices, but how you persuade people and make them do what you want gives you the ability to experience many things in a different way. For example, for the last boss battle, you need to persuade someone to make the boss battle easier. The more time you
    spend exploring the little vents and secret places, the more you will experience from the story and perhaps it will help you.
    - Your augmentations or "skill tree" helps your style of playing in many ways. There are times when you regret for not picking a certain augmentation and there are times when you go "damn good thing I picked up that augmentation", because not all of the augmentations get unlocked at the end of the game.
    - The usefulness of everything, from minor to major stuffs. From picking up a "note" and getting a password, to upgrading your hacking skills, nothing gets left behind at the trash can. Truly marvelous.
    - The combat system for certain battles. Yes, most of them are just cover and shoot, but this can be accomplished in many ways, either by buying upgrades and augmentations or by hacking things to reverse-engineer robots. Really damn fun and exhilarating
    - Minigames. They are lovely. Never repetitive enough to bore me.
    - The story. Oh my God, the story's really damn amazing. It is like the most dramatic storyline I've ever seen in an FPS.
    - Persuasion system. The persuasion system is the best thing about the game. Analyzing the situation you're dealing with and persuading someone to help you, best stuff ever. Various stuffs you must understand and keep a lookout for to make sure you win the persuasion.
    - Sounds are awesome, enough said.
    - The HUDs, well, they're damn WELL-DESIGNED, on par with Crysis's

Cons:
    - As many have said before, the characters' facial expressions are too "stiff" and repetitive, like a robot. Nevertheless, their body gestures are variable and observing them helps us a lot. - The graphics by most are "above average" and gets a raw metascore of 7. If you're looking for the "best" graphics, then you're better off buying another game. However, due to the "polished" nature of the game, the supposed above-average graphics turn into a really good graphic experience. You know who to shoot and who's a civilian.
    - No open roaming of the game when it's all over. Doesn't really bother me, but I think it's disappointing to know that there's no free-roaming when it's all over.
  8. Jun 25, 2012
    This is MOSTLY a good game. Fine graphcs, passable story, very good gameplay and a very good setting. For the first time in my life, the hacking minigame does not suck either, and the soudtrack is good too. The real problem with this game are the boss fights. Most of the game is a pretty realistic experience: a few bullets are enough to kill you, and the same is true for your enemy. Some may wear hevier armor (as you can buy better implants), but the idea is the same, and often the best way to deal with a group of enemies is to strike from the shadows or just avoid them altogether, maybe finding an alternative route. You are also free to either kill or stun your enemies, with an arsenal of non-lethal weapons. As soon as a boss appears, forget all of this: you can shoot whole magazines right in their heads. You can stun them, but should you try to finish them off with the blades conveniently attached to your cyber arms they will be ready to fight back. This game has a strangely arcade approach to boss fights. One moment you're a cyberninja, the other you're jumping over the head of a boss blindly charging forward. And there is no choice between letal, nonletal and alogether non violent approach. I guess the japanese publisher takes the blame, but this quite conflicts with the spirit of the game. Too bad, this coul have been a real 10/10. Expand
  9. Oct 29, 2014
    I'm a big fan of the Deus Ex games, the first one is a masterpiece, the second one was enjoyable, both had great atmosphere. But this one is missing something. It seems to have strayed away from that classic Deus Ex atmosphere. I stopped playing it half way through and continued with it months later.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, they are some very enjoyable areas and the game is very
    polished, excellent graphics, but I found some areas and missions to be a bit stale, the locations and layout and characters are not quite up to par with the previous games. The first few levels were the better ones.

But that is just my opinion, it's still a decent game never the less.
    If you are a fan of Deus Ex it's worth a look.

10. Sep 25, 2011
    This is the single best game I've ever played and definitely GotY 2011. I only wish it was a bit longer, about 20 hours from start to the end, however this is the kind of game that can be played multiple times using different approaches. Obviously graphics are not even close to The Wither 2 level but frankly - I didn't mind. The cutscenes were excellent and so were the multiple endings. The variety of guns is huge - starting from simple pistols and smgs to mini-guns, lazers, plasma guns and rocket launchers. The enemies are smarter than in most games these days and the simplest "guns blazing" approach does not work very well on higher difficulty settings. The only one part I could actually complain about are the boss fights, seemingly too difficult and having no silent/stealth alternative. Expand
  11. Nov 8, 2011
    "Human Revolution" is a rare gem among today's watered down "AAA" blockbusters. There's so much here that is all-to-rare in modern games. A thoughtful story. Realistic characters. Attention to detail. And above all: Respect for the players intelligence and choices. While the game is multiplatform, the PC port is done with care and attention. I thoroughly recommend this outstanding game.

I can't wait to see what this talented team comes up with next.
  12. Jul 27, 2012
    So, did you play the first Deus Ex? If so you'll probably enjoy this one. It takes many of the original elements of the first, and applies them successfully to the second game. We'll pretend that DX:IW never happened. If you're looking for straight out gun battles, this game probably isn't for you, if you like games where you need to think your way through some parts it will be. There are some rough spots, there are some problems even nearly a year later. But overall the 5th play through that I've done, it's a solid game worthy of being in the Deus Ex namesake. Expand
  13. Oct 23, 2011
    What a fantastic game. The story was awesome, the gameplay never got old, and the characters were actually relate able. One of the best games of all time.
  14. Jan 9, 2012
    Flawed but entertaining. Cities like Detroit and Shanghai are well realised although this means that small, more limited areas in the game feel very bland by comparison. The world of HR is intriguing, unfortunately the plot and characters are not. The story is passable but none of Adam Jensen's friends, enemies or acquaintances made the kind of impression that one might see from characters in the Mass Effect games. Adam himself is unremarkable. The graphics are excellent even if facial animations can seem a bit off. The different ways to play (combat, stealth, hacking) are all fleshed out and gel together nicely. The latter point makes me wonder all the more why the game would limit players to only using combat in boss fights. This puts those who played the game focusing on stealth/hacking to be at a disadvantage. I enjoyed the conversation system in this game especially in the instances when a character had to be persuaded into being of assistance. HR is an enjoyable game that shows a lot of potential. If the flaws are ironed out, a sequel could be a classic. Expand
  15. Jan 8, 2013
    I'm going to start off saying that this game is for mature players. Not in the fact that there is blood and gore, but the fact that this game explores human morality; something few games like to touch on.

I'll start off with the bad first. The game demands A LOT from your computer, performance wise, only to give you mediocre graphics. The controls for the game were not very well
    mapped and there were also some redundant features. That being said, the reason why I gave such a high rating was due to how well the story and side stories were told. Deus Ex offers so much in depth content about the people, the environment and the technology. I also have to say that the story was very well paced and it didn't really have many dry spots. The open endedness of the game gives the player much more freedom (ie. there are multiple ways to complete parts of the story).

So, if you are still debating on buying the game, especially two years after its release, get it. It only costs $20.00 on steam.
  16. Nov 24, 2011
    This game is amazing, finally deus ex has returned. Conspiracy stories, great voice acting, cool gadgets and skill/dialogue trees, the perfect blend of action in RPG. The biggest highlight of the game is the take on the situation your own way, there are multiple ways to complete an objective, many times have I replayed and discovered other minor secrets in the environment or winning social battles with character or hacking something that would allow me to be able to complete objectives differently. The only downside is they do tend to offer more xp for stealth methods implying stealth is the way the game was meant to be played, but still you can be powerful/tactful enough to go all guns a blazing as well. Also since you can kill almost anyone (except certain key story characters) it's fun to load up and go bannas on people, hide them in rooms and doors, killsprees and reload. With that deus definitely does feel more consolfied, the facial animations are kinda spotty for npc the background sometime low quality. Yeah I wish it was more PC optimized and maybe bigger areas to explore, but still the game is big enough for the story and side mission and variety in options to tackle missions, that what it does have it does it right. Another great thing is the cover system how it switches to 3rd person is done really well. Job well done eidos montreal, I hope with this game it's the start of more good deus ex/sci fi games in the future. Beside this mass effect and borderland there isn't too much scifi wrpgs out there, I'm tired of high fantasy. Speaking of fantasy this game has tons of easter eggs a la metal gear solid style and one of my favs is there is a poster for Final Fantasy XXVII(27). lol. So keep an eye out. Expand
  17. Sep 6, 2011
    I never thought I'd play a game this good again. It's the perfect blend of freedom, exploration and tight storytelling. You have to play this game.
  18. Nov 16, 2011
    While the game does suffer from consolitis, I think it's still worth checking out on a PC. It feels very polished and once you take care of the sensitivity and the FOV, it is very enjoyable with one of the best told stories in recent gaming history. Customization is great and different gameplay styles add for some replay value. I like FPS so I went shooting through all the way and liked it... if you prefer stealth, prepare to spend twice as much time on completing it. Expand
  19. Sep 9, 2011
    Pros: The excellent story and paranoid atmosphere of the original is replicated here, with the benefit of a much improved "metal gear style" combat system. XP rewards for the harder stealth and non-lethal approaches. Cons: Good but not great soundtrack compared to the first. Ending is not as climatic. Unlike the rest of the game, boss fights force stealth or social players into straight combat. The hacking minigame, while originally interesting, becomes repetitive. Expand
  20. Dec 2, 2012
    Before playing this game I went down playing the first game, which is known for it's (supposedly) great balance between rpg mechanics and fps, and of course its (engaging) story. After a second game that didn't get good votes (haven't played that much, can't really compare it) I eventually bought the third, after a big discount (mainly because the first kinda disappointed me in some parts). For some people, this is the best sequel (although it's a prequel of the first game), for some it's as bad as the second game. To me, simply put, this is what the first game should have been, all along. Let me explain: the game takes the mechanic of giving you various way to complete the game, either by sneaking or using the weapons fully...of course since we don't need another fps, sneaking my way out is the most used way. However, Even then, it shows one big flaw that the first game did right: there is barely any exploration. The zones are linear and even though the game rewards you to explore the areas, I always felt I was going down a corridor, without many detours or places to go... I mean, you can't even swim in this game, while the first game had massive areas and a true sense of exploration. Another thing that this game does right (whereas the first kinda failed by me) is the rpg element: each time you level up (by exploring, killing, knocking out enemies, etc) you get a "point" that you need to use it on one of many skills that you can unlock, depending on your necessities...however there's one problem with this system, and that is you'll never know which upgrades to take until you know it. Infact, a lot of times I didn't manage to go somewhere particular because the augmentation I needed wasn't activated, no wonder, but I had no idea I needed that one particular augementation until I physically saw it in front of me. Not a HUGE flaw, but unless you know where to go, you might lose some places to explore, so you lose experience for more upgrades. And for last, one big flaw to me, but this is very personal: the bosses. Ok, also in the first game there were bosses you could fight...but you could also flee from them, the choice was yours. In here, you can't: it takes the formula of the bosses in fps and you're FORCED to kill them, and that's a huge issue if you play the stealth way, because you'll NEVER use any firearm except the stungun or the tranquilizer sniper rifle, especially because your inventory is gonna be extremely limited at the start (can be upgraded, but the weapons take a lot of space and, strangely, even ammunitation take space in the inventory, whereas the first game didn't). Luckily there will be weapons in the room where the boss is, but I wish we could have the choice to skip them. In any case, it's a very good game all in all, with a good story, a good length (20+ hours in, haven't finished yet) and definitely fixes what the original game didn't have (like, stealth kill animations...). Sorry for the tons of comparisons, but since a lot of people can't talk about this game without mentioning the first game, I think some details were needed. Definitely a solid game, and definitely deserves a look, especially for the fans. Expand
  21. Oct 25, 2011
    If you liked previous Deus Ex games, you will love this one as well. There is very little difference in terms of gameplay and game mechanics. I will say right now, this is NOT a perfect game, however it deserves better than a 9/10 and so I rounded up. The story is incredible, they pull you in so deep it's amazing. The graphics are great (DX11). I highly recommend it and this is now one of my favorite games. It is easily the most epic first person shooter I have played. The music is amazing, and every situation has many ways around it, so you aren't confined to only getting a certain few augments, there is a way to do everything with what ever augments you pick. The only bad thing I would say about this game is that the energy system for using augmentations was poor, why waste money to fill up energy cells when you can just stay at 1 and let it recharge for free? But that's not a huge deal at all. Regardless, if you're a true gamer you will very much enjoy this game. The PC version is spotless, and the player can tell it was made to be played on a PC. Its a great game, get it today. Expand
  22. Sep 9, 2011
    Let us get the obvious out of the way: This is a fabulous game. But it has it's flaws. This game could use some better tutorials... It can be amazingly beautiful and stylized at most of the time... but then there are those strange moments were it suddenly becomes very ugly. Character animations are great, while facial animations are not. But this is all just unimportant because the atmosphere in this game is so dense, so immersive that you fall in love... not on first sight, but after 4 to 8 hour you WILL love it. The augmentations are great, the stealth is better than in any recent stealth game... the rpg elements are richer than in Mass Effect 2 but slightly poorer than in The Witcher 2 for example. If you hope for this to be a trulty RPG, do not get your hopes up... there are 2 major city-hubs you can explore... but more than half of the game you will spent on missions.
    There are side-quests... BUT they are mostly so connected to the main-story that I would not even call them side missions...
    In the end it is NOT a perfect game... it is a fabulous stealth-action game with great rpg elements, a top-notch story, mostly beautiful visuals and sound. I urge everyone to play this game. It is not GOTY in my opinion, but it is a ride worth taken.
  23. Oct 13, 2011
    In the age of EA games, rushed sequels are commonplace. These games invariably end up being absolutely terrible - Dragon Age II anyone?
    This is not one of those games.
    This game is simply stunning from start to finish. The opening sequences are extremely exciting, and that excitement stays at fever-pitch throughout the game.
    This is a true sequel to the greatness that was the original
    Deus Ex - even though it seems to not follow the original plot-line whatsoever.
    Buy this game, buy it now. And don't buy EA produced games - please.
  24. Feb 12, 2013
    Out-F'ing-standing!! This game exceeded all of my expectations. Storyline 10, tech 10, graphics 10, fun 10, action 10, difficulty 10, immersion 100. If there were more games like this, I would never sleep! I hope that Deus Ex: Human Revolution inspires other developers to put forth the same level of love and attention to detail!! Outstanding! (oh.. nanotech 10, and moral/scientific reflection 10!!) Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    While the game is not perfect, it is definitely good and is worth your time.
    The atmosphere is great. The story is good. RPG system is well designed and well integrated into the missions. There very different ways for beating the same mission depending on your character build. You can even beat the game almost without killing anyone. There is a healthy number of optional site-quests.

All
    in all it was time well spent.

I gave the game 8/10 because graphics look a bit dated for 2011. So are character animations and movements of your character.
  26. Sep 6, 2011
    This game should not get a perfect score because of the cumbersome boss battles and flaky AI yet I think it deserves a 10 out of 10 for the fact that Deus Ex: Human Revolution excels at everything else it does. Long ago I played Deus Ex and was overwhelmed by the options and possibilities in the sci-fi rpg so rest assured I was happily back at home with DE:HR. Gameplay is king here. You know the gameplay is solid when you are evolving your play style as you go and the game encourages you along the way. Being stealthy in this game takes some getting used to (third person camera is weird at first) but you are never penalized for going on a killing spree. As the game progressed I stopped being a one man army and started learning how to move through the world without being noticed. I was rewarded for this with bonus experience points while the levels themselves were getting more challenging. What really sells this game is the rich story and characters that had obviously been well thought-out and combed over many times because simply, it is memorable and works. The main badass, Mr. Adam Jensen, is interesting enough and with his grizzly voice tumbles his way through the narrative but his boss David Sarif tends to surprise me a lot more with his own lines of dialogue and story-arc. I really love this game, and to attest to how captivated I was, I dropped playing halfway through Mass Effect 2 to finish this game. Expand
  27. Sep 11, 2011
    Lots of LOVE put into this game........just....cant......stop...playing!!! Same feel as the original. You can see by the credits that Eidos have assembled a substantial team to bring us a MASTERPIECE!
  28. Sep 5, 2011
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is one the Role-playing game in this year. It's a worthy continuator of original game. Interesting story, varied game-play, nice game design. Everything about Deus Ex.
  29. Oct 25, 2011
    A great game but not all is as good as one might have hoped for.

First off the story is great, it's fun and engaging. But after a while you might get a feel that it is trying a bit to much. In the beginning it feels like the game wants you to think what other people's objectives are and try to understand them but after a while the game leaves this formula and tries to rush trough til the
    ending a bit to fast. It feels like they try to wrap the story to fast. So I feel like this a game that I will remember as great but I am not sure I will remember to much of the story a year from now.

The voice acting can at times be average at best. At times it feels like the voice actors are just reading straight from the script without any emotions involved. Some of the characters have very little variation in there tone when talking to you it don't matter if you saved the person or killed their best friend the tone in their voice is very similar. It feels a bit like some of the voice actors just wanted to get paid and go home.

Overall great game, I gave it a 9 witch is a bit higher that I would like to give but 8 is to low. Personally I would give it 8.7 Great game with room for improvements.
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best in its field. i never got into Deus ex nor the follow up for some reason but this is it man.its a little short but in summary : Close to perfection.
  31. Oct 19, 2011
    In short, this game is amazing, i personally didn't likehow they made it more...console player friendly, but it also added al sort of great things, the gameplay is amazing, graphics are not as good as i expected, but they also got very inteligent design from time to time and graphics are the last thing you should review about any deus ex game, because thats not the magic in them... the story is pretty good, the controlls are critisized a lot, but they're actually pretty good for a game of this style, most of the compaint about this game are from pc players not accepting console elements, or console players not accepting pc gaming elements.

Now, it is not a 10 game because it had many technical isssues, like the voice acting, once you play mass effect you discover how good voice acting can be in videogames, the unexpresive characters,the complicated references and a little confusing story make this game hard to play from time to time, but for once in the market, this game makes you think! If you don't complain about irrelevant things such as graphics and controlls (btw, there's key mapping, so anyone telling you the pc controlls are bad is either dumb or didn't gave enough time to the game.) you can easily enjoy this game!
  32. Sep 16, 2011
    Games don't really get better than this. Good story, solid voice acting, lots of replay value. Graphics are a bit dated, but the level of detail and thought that has gone into the world and characters surpasses that of most games.
  33. Aug 23, 2012
    The world and characters really make this game what it is. Contrary to other popular shooters, its story has depth and the conspiracy is more than just a shock betrayal. The gameplay is good, though some parts restricts the player to just use stealth or die and the boss fights play just like a shooter; which is a shame because in all other respects Deus Ex: Human Revolution isn't JUST a shooter. The world feels great but doesn't look great due to the mediocre to good graphics that lodge somewhere between the perfectness of Crysis 2 and the far up awe but close up disgust of Skyrim. However, the Blade Runner-esque world design and colours do combine to make an engrossing experience that is as fun as it is thought provoking. Expand
  34. Jan 12, 2013
    I loved this game. It has everything i love in a good game: excellent storyline, superb voice-acting, well-developed characters, polished gameplay. I love sneaking and taking out enemies with a sniper scope. I love a good conspiracy theory. And i love augmentations! What else can i wish for in an excellent title? :)
  35. Oct 13, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game, great in depth story, lots of ways to optimize your gear and paths to completing the goal. I just wish it had kept going and that they had done more dlc or at least released mod tools. Of course when compared to the original Deus Ex it doesn't hold a candle, on its own though it is well worth the price.
  36. Sep 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I admit, i never played the original so i came at this with no expectations for anything. I got a good story, good gameplay, excellent graphics even though all the characters act like they used Michael J Fox for the CGI model. It didnt feel short to me, I still think I didnt discover everything there was to find in this game. I did skip a few side quests to advance the story, Id give it a 10 but the ending sucked hardcore. Also props to Eidos Montreal for sticking in numerous jokes, games and movie references. He doesnt know how to use the three sea shells.. Expand
  37. Sep 7, 2011
    Great fun. Powerful beginning scene. Full of variety. Superb voice acting. Solid story. Badass looking main character. Yes. Yes. Yes.

However, I did not like the way Megan Reed said "Jaron, is that you?" What a total slut
  38. Feb 24, 2012
    Awesome game!I love the augumentations! I also love the upgrades to weapons and stealth. i threw a vending machine at 2 patrols, who can say no to that?

@userjuicer
    yes you can, its the middle mouse button.
  39. Sep 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To put it mildly......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... **** EPIC! Expand
  40. Mar 28, 2012
    Amazing game. This is one of those rare gems that is both extremely fun to play, but also has an engaging story. The play is fluid, fun and balanced, whether you are playing a rambo or stealth/hacker. The plot is great and lets you get very involved in what's going on. It doesn't get at 10 because of the shoddy boss battles (boo to unfun boss battles). Everything else is perfect.
  41. Oct 16, 2011
    Just finished the game, enjoyed the majority of it. The ending was a bit lame and the unskippable cut scene's in certain spots are some of my complaints. Also could have more action scene's, since it was a tad easy. Never had any challenging battles, even the one at the end even thou I had no idea what was going on I finished it on the first try. And no, I didn't play it on easy. But everything else is top notch and best FPS I've played all year. Expand
  42. Mar 23, 2012
    Just loved it! Dense story, GREAT music, loved the stealth action. Really really liked it. The lipsynching wasn't too good but the voices itself were. And naa well, i don't care about the lipsynch. Play it!!
  43. May 26, 2012
    Piece of true art.. For me, game of the year and one of the best games I've ever played. When I saw everyone **** about the first cinematic trailer I thought "Deus Ex? Never heard of it, must be a crap", then, after few days, when I was extremely bored I saw it and I was never, ever more hyped for any kind of game or film or anything. I insta-pre ordered the game and I wasn't disappointed when I played it for the first time. The atmosphere and style is just AMAZING and I mean it, it's something you don't see in any games. The game itself is challenging and kinda hard, which makes this game even more satisfying (I'm always raging when I have to restart from checkpoint for the fifth time, but not in this game). There are always multiple ways to complete the mission which makes it completely non-linear and more fun, even when it's your 2nd or 3rd playthrough. Actually, the only thing I didn't like were the small locations, I hoped to see much bigger cities, just like in the first trailer. The graphics were also not the best, but it wasn't bad either - however it haven't got my very attention while I was playing because the gameplay itself is really good and satisfying. I hope Square Enix will show the sequel on the next E3 or gamescom, it would be my no.1 for the next year. Expand
  44. Nov 9, 2011
    Quite the Excellent game. Probably one of the best single player campaigns I've ever played. The Amount of different outcomes in encounters depending on your augments is fun enough on it's own. Excellent: Story , Characters , Art Design , Music , and surprisingly voice acting as well.
  45. Jan 18, 2012
    This is very atmospheric game. Level desigh looks very good(no-linear). Soundtrack is EPIC and gameplay great and It is a lot of passage variants, with a stealth and without. This game is epic. Instant Buy.
  46. Jun 3, 2014
    The game is reminiscent of Mass Effect but not half as good. It was mostly aggravating. Always low on ammo and energy while the the bad guys had a never ending supply. Navigating the maps was a pain in the ass as well with their multi freaking levels. The developer could have taken a clue from Dead Space with some way of pointing out the correct direction. I spent 20 minutes at one point trying to locate my destination. I was above it and below it but never could find a way TOO it. At that point I deleted the damned game. It was beyond tedious traversing huge areas. Finally, the load times after being killed, and transitioning areas was beyond annoying. It took forever watching that circle go 'round and 'round and 'round. Wait for the bargain bin. Can't believe that there are so many positive reviews. Folks must be hard up for entertainment, only this game was barely entertaining. Expand
  47. Jul 21, 2014
    Think Deus ex with modern graphics, but with a more streamlined gameplay, RPG & customisation options than the original its still worthy successor to the masterpiece original and a worthy addition to the Deus Ex series and for those who been fiending for Deus Ex this is a great fix.
  48. Jan 1, 2012
    Well, story is a bit ugly, but nice at the same time. Very frustrated by the CG scenes, I expected more after such a beautiful trailer. Everything else is great.
  49. Sep 14, 2013
    Pros: Probably one of the best FPS strategy games I've ever played.
    Cons: I can't believe I waited this long to actually play it through.

If you are like me and was disappointed with Invisible War, you will quickly understand how DEHR completely and fully redeems the franchise and series. Now to hunt for the next installment!
  50. Oct 7, 2013
    Games with this level of thought and ambition are rare. Combined with the good action gameplay and enjoyable stealth sequences, it's a rather outstanding entertainment product. A healthy amount of philosophical content and a respect for the gamer's intellect that I've only seen paralleled a handful of times in modern games. The ending is rewarding enough, but I kind of had anticipated something grander. The last level kind of feels like 'the quiet before the storm' in terms of quality and scale. But I think the ending and the overall epic sense of plot made it worth playing through the game. The worst thing about the game? Nothing really outstanding about the 'walk from A to B' sequences. There could have been more puzzles to getting to the right destination. And less corridors. Expand
  51. Jan 8, 2012
    I have just completed this game and I thought it was stunning. I've been an avid gamer for many years (and I remember being playing through the original Deus Ex) but rarely has a game impressed me this much. The developers created a living breathing world which I actually wanted to take the time to explore, I was able to make choices in how to approach challenges and how to augment my character and I felt like those choices actually made a difference. Yes, had I chosen other alternatives I could have achieved the same goals, but I don't want a game where there is only one correct option, I want freedom. In a world where only successful game franchises get a budget for development I'm glad someone took a punt on this. I explored everything, spent many hours doing so and came away a very happy customer at the end. Let's hope this spawns a sequel of similar quality. Expand
  52. Sep 24, 2012
    I haven't played the previous Deus Exs, but no way this game can disappoint decent gamers. As promised, it offers some way to get the job done, but what really got me impressed was that all those ways were actually good and fun. Cover/ no cover based gunfights are more than decent, offer many weapons, options, and challanging AI (It has flaws, but generally fine) and can be mixed with the stealth system. Stealth is also very good, and the its expiriment is changed depending on the upgrades you take (Invisibility, silent walk/run/ sprint, visual sound, etc...). The hacking system does the job excellently, offering challanging, but not to repeating gameplay, and is bested because it is done in real game time, so you can't hack computer in the second the guard don't look like in splinter cell and such. But the newest possibility in my opinion was the presuading system, DEFINATELY the best conversation-gamplay I've ever seen in the game. I don't know how they made the fully sounded conversation for any conversation course I've choosen, but It felt very real, and was also very challanging. The only game I know that can even be compared to Deus Ex in that field was LA-noire, and in my opinion was way worser. Plus, The result of the conversation in this game actually does matter, sometimes making your life easier, sometimes giving you additional background information, but also can sometimes be better off because you can convince people to harm themself helping you while you can actually do it without their help. I advice anyone to save some money for the next steam sale, Definately worth the money. Expand
  53. Feb 21, 2012
    That game has one of the best stories I've ever seen in my life. The characters are well builded, the art direction was also amazing with so much yellow in it. the sound..wow how gorgeous the were also the soundtrack is so perfectly syncronized with the game that I felt speechless of how video games are so well made nowadays. The gameplay is very intuitive with so many things to do, rpg aspects that will want want you to play until you have all the possible augmentations of the game. Cut scenes well placed that doenst interrupt the gameplay experience, the power to be replayed many many times and great interface. those are some very good aspects of the game. to be honest I didnt find any great flaws making this, of my favourite games of this generation Expand
  54. Feb 19, 2012
    A dignified successor of Deus Ex 1. A great mix of shooter, action, rpg and stealth game and perfectly implemented. Great sound and graphic resulting in impressive atmosphere. Action game of the year 2011.
  55. Mar 5, 2013
    One of the better shooters of the last decade. High production value, good graphics, good combat system, great story. It has pretty much everything you want from a story driven shooter. Not quite as epic as the Mass Effect trilogy, but still a good buy if you're interested in these types of games.
  56. Nov 9, 2012
    Brilliant. Just freaking brilliant. This is not only a game; it's a deep, meaningful experience, a social alegory that is sure to move you and bring your morality to the table. An amazing, gripping story from start to finish, complex characters, addicting gameplay and incredible atmosphere, all accompanied by a masterful soundtrack. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of the best games I've had the pleasure to play... an unforgettable experience that every person should go through, gamer or not. Expand
  57. Jul 27, 2012
    This is a very addicting game and well worth the money. Although it has a few notable flaws, overall this game was a fantastic adventure for me. The art direction and environment are both great and varied, and unlike many game, the set pieces are not often recycled. The cinematic sequences animate nicely and are interesting to watch. However, the character models in-game are often lacking and seem to lack detail and lip-syncing cohesion. Nevertheless, one can tell that Jensen (the main character) had a lot of work put into designing him (although I don't understand why his jacket acts like it's flowing in the wind 24/7). Although the game is first-person, do not treat this as a FPS like Halo -- a couple of shots and you're dead. This is a shooter (or not, depending on your playing style) that actually requires strategy to survive violent encounters. Aside from the several boss battles, you can choose to play the game stealthily and not kill a single person; instead, you can use a tranquilizer gun, stun gun, gas grenades and so forth to incapacitate your enemies; or you can sneak your way through the game without any enemy contact - it is your choice, and the way this system is set up is RPG style where you level up and obtain Praxis points to spend to "level up" certain augmentations. For those of you who have seen the hacking game, it is not as difficult as it looks; I actually find it to be somewhat fun, if not a little tedious. The story is good and engrossing; it's not amazing, but it holds together well. Perhaps my biggest issue with the game is the voice acting: Jensen sounds indifferent to any circumstances that occur, and aside from the decently acted main characters, many of the voices are cheesy of downright lame; the Chinese voices in particular are very stereotypical and cheesy. This is also a long-lasting game; I spent approximately 39 hours in my first playthrough, and that's with doing all of the side missions. Overall, subpar facial animations and lame voice-acting aside, this is a fantastic game that one should not pass up! Expand
  58. Apr 3, 2012
    Dark, stunning, unique, and awe-inspiring. Without a doubt, this is the most immersive story I have ever played in a video game.

Video games are rarely original anymore. But when you finally come across one that has an orignal story, its like a breath of fresh air. This game is so immersive, and amazing that you actually feel like you ARE the protagonist. Every choice, changes the story
    in a different way. Being an avid Deus Ex fan since the first game, I have to admit that I actually enjoyed this one the best out of the whole series. It sets up the events of Deus Ex 1 very well, while incorperating its own, intuative story along perfectly. Inconclusion, if you can only afford one game this year, get this one. Modern Warefare 3, and BattleField 3 may sell a lot of copies, but they will never be able to give you the same about of satisfaction, and enjoyment that this game will. I can guarentee that people will be talking about this game for a very, long time. Expand
  59. Mar 20, 2013
    A massive improvement over the first Deus Ex, the combat and overall gameplay of this game are incredible. However, I had to do some tweaking to even get it to work properly. Probably ported from consoles or it just doesn't like AMD-based computers. Still, 9/10.
  60. Apr 14, 2012
    This game is not only very well made but also has a very well thought out storyline along with a very smooth interface and good combat. It is a credit to the Deus Ex games that came before. Sure to be a classic, pick it up of you love first person combat and/or near future themed games. You will not be disappointed.
  61. Sep 19, 2012
    Let me say right up front that Human Revolution is one of the best games of the past few years. Each mission can be completed in a variety of ways, from Batman (sneaky, non-lethal) to Robocop (annihilate everything). The game is beautiful (barring some awkward face models), and the score is superb. The game is also mature enough to forgo the generic Bioware Light/Dark moral system, making the player's choices and wording carry more weight. Some of the best, most intense moments of this game are the discussions you have with other characters, as in talking down anti-augmentation terrorists and convincing corporate heads to divulge secrets. If you enjoy science fiction, shooters, RPG's, or stealth games, Human Revolution is a must-play.

However, it still has a few too many flaws to be considered truly great. Those hoping to find the deep philosophical issues and fantastic role-playing experience of the first Deus Ex will assuredly be disappointed by Human Revolution's comparatively shallow narrative and heavy emphasis on shooter and cover-based elements. The game is disappointingly short (even after completing all of the sidequests) and it's setting and themes, though interesting, are largely unexplored. Few, if any, of the characters are ever fleshed out and the main story, in retrospect, is pretty mediocre and unsatisfying - particularly the final act. I can forgive a lot, but HR fails to recover from many of its missteps. Still, it's rare to see a AAA title with any kind of brain.
  62. Aug 9, 2012
    An outstanding sequel to a PC classic. Great aesthetics, sufficiently challenging gameplay, gripping story. I do have a few complaints in this sea of praise: enemy AI is nothing special (Metal Gear Solid has done it better), there is no randomisation whatsoever between playthroughs, the relative linearity of the story missions and the overall design of the areas makes it seem somewhat dated. But that's the point, and as a successor to Deus Ex it does very well. Like that game, there's enough customisation, sidequests, secrets and multiple endings for 2-3 quite different playthroughs. Absolutely recommend it to fans of sci-fi, cyberpunk and/or third-person action. Expand
  63. Oct 15, 2014
    This is simply one of the best single player games I'v ever played. You like sneaking around the guards? You'll love this. You like marking in and murdering everyone? You'll love this. You like collecting clues and solving puzzles? You'll love this. You like coming back and discovering new solutions to the same scenario on your second play through? You'll love this. It is great. 10/10
  64. Jun 23, 2013
    My personal favorite of 2011. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a very long time. The game is driven both by its fantastic story and its wonderful gameplay. The world itself was easy to get immersed in and I thought they created one of the best near future settings in science fiction. The games style reminded me very much of another brilliant title, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and that is a rare treat in this era of drab linear shooters and incoherent open worlds. Expand
  65. Nov 14, 2012
    This is a solid and polished title, and it raise some interesting question about our future in the great tradition of deus ex games, could have been a little bit longer.
  66. May 20, 2013
    I started playing with the highest expectations but my enthusiasm quickly wore out. Plot and game mechanics looked really intriguing but somehow I never felt engrossed. A) plain, flat, naked ambientations B) awkward and unintuitive commands C) slow and boring roaming within the city, with all its blind alleys D) "hacking" is just a guess game based on luck I just could not stand all that stuff; maybe I'll try again in the future, in a distant future. Expand
  67. May 2, 2013
    This game is superb in every way, It deserves all the ratings, A modern multi-choice game with a different choice of skill trees, A Great stealth system(It is A LOT like dishonored and Far Cry 3's Stealth), a Working inventory system and a gripping story.

When I played this game back in 2011 I thought the Stealth system was pretty poor, but playing the game again on PC in 2013, I've
    realized the stealth is very diverse in a game where it's not necessarily required, it's not like splinter cell where you can openly walk right past someone, It's not like Tomb Raider(2013) where once your detected, everyone knows your location, It's more "Real" than all of these, The best way to approach the situations is to say, "what would happen in real life?", If your detected, it's not too late, if you can run around the enemy or chase him, OR even just shoot him before he sounds the alarm, the enemies have no way of knowing you were even there, Bodies can be moved like in the fallout games, Enemies can be silently knocked out, OR loudly killed with Adams wrist blades(Cool as F***), When knocked out, the enemies DO awaken, So be quick if this is your method. Now the stealth part is amazing, But what if you hate stealth and like being a loud superhuman? There are skill trees for that too, Like more regeneration, the "Typhoon" and more, And with the games diverse covering system, gunplay and again, stealth, getting the jump on your enemy has never been more fun, i'd go as far to say this game is A LOT better than 2012's dishonored!

If you find this game cheap and you've never played it, GET IT, it's an experience!

Deus Ex Human Revolution is one of the best games this gen, a MUST play!
  68. Oct 17, 2012
    A superb experience. Fantastic Protagonist,intriguing support cast,great story,lovely stealth mechanics. The only thing off for me was 3 of the boss battles..but a fulfilling game
  69. Jul 15, 2012
    As a follow up to the Deus Ex games, this is finally the one that lives up to the original game's feel, design, and gameplay. If you liked the first Deus Ex, then don't think twice about purchasing Human Revolution.
  70. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good)

Using a stealthy approach is satisfying and the DE:HR universe is really interesting.

Graphics are good, difficulty ramps up nicely, the atmosphere is exciting... Try it!
  71. Aug 8, 2012
    Story was amazing, gameplay was exhilarating, ending(s) were fulfilling. Extremely fun game, even more so if you like stealth + technical gameplay. The Mass Effect style speech + consequence to action, combined with an Assassin's Creed stealth style, and even a bit of Halo if you like to just shoot everything in the face. All of this is present in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The fact that everything is gold is cool too. Adds to the futuristic feel, and takes setting out of the ordinary Expand
  72. Aug 8, 2012
    Good gameplay (really enjoy the stealth aspect), good story, and quite well produced: voices, character animation and cutscenes were top notch. Apparent effort also went into the music production as well. A finely crafted game.
  73. Feb 12, 2013
    Really interesting story about ideas. It plays like a stealth shooter. If you like games like Metro 2033 or Farcry then you will love this game. It gets a knock off its score for low replayabiility.
  74. Apr 5, 2013
    The gameplay itself is very good but you have to like stealth games if you play this like a shooter you will probably get frustrated The story was ok but to obvious for me. the ending was a bit dissapointing you wont see any of the characters in the last cutscene, you dont know how it continues. i can recommend it to everyone
  75. Oct 21, 2012
    i must say this is more like a sequel to Dues Ex than Invisible war ever was, i'm very positive about this game, however i really miss a deus ex type ending, i found it devastatingly disapointing that when it came to multi-endings the only thing you had to do was to select one by pressing a button, the biggest drama here was that one of the buttons was placed in the next room... what a thrill...
    i am positive since the game holds up well to its predecessor, i do however miss the skill tree from deus ex so it didn't have to be all about augmentations.
    the weapon upgrade system is a good touch.
  76. Aug 30, 2012
    Very solid game. It is almost as good as Deus EX 1 and Deus EX 1 was truly a masterpiece. If you like cyberpunk do not hesitate any moment to try this game.
  77. Aug 2, 2014
    After watching the original Human Revolution E3 trailer at least 40 times, in some ways the game fell short of the imaginations that trailer invoked. But falling short still left an extremely polished game. For all its options, the gameplay usually feels linear and controlled, though for a story-driven game that is understandable. The story is spectacular, though it sets such a high bar for itself that when it occasionally dips to normal quality it feels a little disappointing. The boss fights felt a little contrived and forced into the storyline. Human Revolution has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. The music, story, and visuals form one of the most unforgettable.ambiances I've experienced in a game. Some people are criticizing the stealth, role playing, and action elements. Yet the cited "superior" examples are usually games that focus on just one of those three elements and contain less story. The success of Human Revolution is in seamlessly merging all of those elements together. Expand
  78. Sep 30, 2012
    It is very linear, skill system isn't great and constant "hacking" can after a while get a bit annoying plus fights are very repetitive in its style, yet despite that I enjoyed this game. Dialogues and plot were good and lethality was pleasantly high. Half-decent choice of weaponry plus constant ammo problems were nice addition too.

For me replayability of this game equals 0, but
    adventure was good enough. Expand
  79. Oct 2, 2012
    Let me start by saying I'm a Deus Ex fan. The original was a stellar game in its day, blending in RPG elements and a detailed story with a FPS gameplay in a way I had never quite seen before. From punching in codes for locked doors to sneaky takedowns, I enjoyed the original Deus Ex immensely.

I had skipped Invisible War entirely however due to reports of it being geared toward the
    consoles way too much. I'll quite likely go back and play it some day, but a Deus Ex themed FPS just isn't what I was looking for at the time. So when the reviews of Deus Ex: Human Revolution being more like the original started to surface, my interest was piqued. I had expected little of Human Revolution before it was released, and I'm quite happy to have been proven wrong in my assumptions.

My main complaint with Human Revolution however is that unlike the original Deus Ex, I didn't feel free to play the game as I wished. While yes, you can technically run and gun your way through the whole thing, the EXP system is very heavily geared toward stealth tackdowns and hacking, making the system very all or nothing. If you're at all concerned about missing things, as I am, you'll find yourself playing the way the devs obviously intend rather than how you might like to approach a situation.

Much to my surprise however, I maxed out pretty much every half-decent augmentation between 1/2 and 3/4th of the way through the game. At this point EXP became completely moot, so my motivation for being a stealth hacker suddenly fell through the floor. I guess I did too many sidequests and hack-grinding? I must admit though, it actually worked out well enough. I was finally able to play the "stealth shooter" I wanted to play, rather than the "silent assassin" I had exclusively played up until that point in the game to maximize EXP.

At a whopping 35 hours long for my main play-through, plus more for The Missing Link, HR certainly shows its RPG leanings. You're not going to find many FPS titles even approaching that length, though in fairness you're going to spend a fair amount of that running around hub cities, talking to NPCs. With a fairly good story, decent graphics, and fun gameplay - it's easy to recommend to Human Revolutions to other Deus Ex fans out there.
  80. Oct 16, 2012
    Lo Bueno:Daré mis impresiones sobre este juego: Atrapante, Genial!. Las Horas pasan muy rápido con este bien logrado juego. Admito que me lo compré sin saber nada de él, pero que ha sido una sorpresa y un agrado jugarlo.
    Si esperas un shooter puro este juego no va con ese tinte. Mezclado con estrategia, rol, acción y el famoso pero para mí, poco
    experimentado mundo de los juegos con "Stealth Mode".
    La jugabilidad del juego es lo que más atrapa, la estética es muy buena también y el sistema de pirateo es complejo y a la vez muy entretenido.
    Lo Malo: No sé porqué pero mi juego sufre "crashes" sin ningún motivo aparente, a veces muy seguidos y otras veces puedo estar mucho rato sin experimentar uno. Al menos se puede guardar en cualquier momento ,pero solo por eso no le doy un 10.
  81. Oct 8, 2012
    Well, what can i say, for some reason unknown to me i had only in the last month decided to give this a go and as it was, i was missing a masterpiece, i didnt know what to expect from it before playing but i was blown away. It is probably one of the all time greats i have played. Where to start. graphics - superb lighting, sets alot of the scenes really well, animations are pretty superb and flow nicely, cannot speak of any issues that stood out to me. Gameplay - superb, flows nicely and seemlessly from one area to the next, movements are natural, physics are great and natural and the AI is really impressive. Storyline - Fantastic, i think this was the icing on the cake for me, an orignal, well thought out concept and design and had me gripped to want to know more. Music - was again, faultess, gave such depth to the game and a futuristic feel to it. Summary - A well thought out and implemented game, no issues that hindered me playing like bugs etc. fantastic storyline. the gameplay reminded me a bit of Metal Gear Solid and that is a big compliment , graphically, ten times better. A must buy to add to your all time greats Expand
  82. Apr 14, 2013
    To begin with, Deus Ex is a good game making me play over 20+ hours for a single play-through. With its interesting approach in combat lethal or non-lethal. It also features side-quests and it's augmentation skills are cool. However, this game is dumb downed with it's stupid AI in which I can give you evidence. I ran right in front of an enemy yet he still doesn't detect me. AI is purely blind and foolish, and the story is decent which I had already forgotten about it. I still haven't mention about it's bad boss fights, the devs just seem to use normal enemy AI to a more powerful "guard". I managed to survive a boss fight without losing a health since *he* just kept shooting at a wall. Finally, you will find a ridiculous fall damage height in the game to prevent this get an augmentation
    Overall DE:HR is a good game but doesn't stand up to be a great game (8-10/10) in my review but it has been a fun ride playing this.
  83. Jun 7, 2013
    This is probably one of the better games for 2011 if not the best. It have got it all, action, a deep story and characters that you may either love or hate and for that it's indeed worthy an eight.
  84. Sep 8, 2014
    Deus Ex does so many things so well, but I don't think I can say that it does any one thing excellently. The gameplay design is great: yes, you have the choice to be a hacker, a fighter, a negotiator, etc., which is awesome, but they don't make all of the routes seem enjoyable. For example, I put a decent number of points into my hacking skills, which certainly opened a few doors (literal and figurative) for me here and there, but I found myself wishing I had chosen a route that didn't involve so much of a simple minigame. Hacking my way to victory by being able to play a little game started sounding pretty boring, so I finished up the game by shooting my way through more and more situations.

Another example: the storyline. The ideas and themes here rival any science fiction literature or film that I've ever seen, but I found that I was slightly disappointed by the level to which they were developed. The story is good, but it could have been excellent.

Even though the game has its weaknesses, I ended up enjoying this game far more than I had expected. I found the stealth to be very enjoyable, even though I've never liked stealth-based games before. I recommend this game to sci-fi buffs and hardcore gamers alike.
  85. Jul 22, 2013
    gomy game of my life)... just fantastic gameplay, story line, art style soundtrack you MUST check it out) this game made me cry for thinking that it is getting over and i will never can see this things again with the same suprise. the game is also have a political aspect that is just amazing graphics are a bit ugly but the style of the game is fantastic
  86. Oct 26, 2012
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is absolutely fantastic. There's so many places to explore and different side quests to carry out. The boss fights can be really easy or really hard depending on the items you have equipped which was my only let down. Having almost completed a bachelor of Biotechnology I found the storyline particularly enjoyable and I personally really related to it.
  87. Jul 26, 2013
    A pretty good game, and it's nice that it attempted to stay as close to Deus Ex 1 as possible. Still, it somehow doesn't reach the level of Deus Ex 1. I can't exactly say what it is. It just feels "dumbed down", and not only in the gameplay, but probably more in the story and dialog. The original had a clever story. This game is more Hollywood. I mean, compared to every other action game on the market now, it's still stands out. I have only played it thru once, and got almost all the augmentations. With Deus Ex, I played the game thru at least 3 times fully, once with standard Rifles+Heavy, once with Pistols+Heavy and once fully non-lethal. I played the first level of Deus Ex 1 countless times. Here everything is more streamlined so I didn't even feel the need to experiment with anything on a second run. After the game was done, there was nothing left to see or think about. Expand
  88. Nov 11, 2012
    Excellent game and I don't usually like FPS or "Stealthy" types of games. I have put in over 150 hours on this game and still love playing it. The graphics are great, Adam's shoulders in-game are a bit dicey, but considering that is my only complaint I think it's a quality game. The storyline grabbed my attention throughout the whole game, even though you can kind of guess what the ending is if you paid attention. The action and the gameplay is exceptional. I think Eidos has really handled this very well and have brought Deus Ex back into the spotlight. I was not an original Deus Ex player nor had I played it before this game, but after finishing HR I quickly bought the first two and played them. I am now officially a Deus Ex fanatic, I would suggest this game to anyone who wants a great game to play. I hope in the future there is another game featuring Adam, amazing character and fits the part perfectly. Expand
  89. Aug 31, 2013
    On first play I thought it was very good. 2 playthroughs later I am shocked at how much depth there is in the game mechanics. The way the augs affect playstyles, guns and how you use them is impressive. On my third playthrough I discovered further routes and different ways to combine my skills to proceed, when I thought I had already discovered everything!
    The story is engaging until the
    third act where it tapers off a bit, it may be the stale 'go here go there' objectives, especially when the lovely colour palette never changes or the story itself; possibly the most important character in the game shows up at the 1/3 point, says 3 sentences leaves, until you see him again at the end. By which time I had almost forgotten he existed. Really weird choice. The 2 hub cities are re-used and it really shows that they cut out the 3rd hub-city.
    The battery refill system is balanced for the game but it's still awful. Doing more then one augmented task at a time requires eating a bar, which fills up precious inventory anyway, limiting the 'fun-experimental' factor. You're just saving them up too scared to use them instead of using them as you go along ALA Deus ex 1, Dishonoured. The game is all about augs, they really shouldn't handicap aug use so severely.
    The AI is standard stupid-like every other stealth game. You should not be able to 'knock-out' multiple people and have no one notice their disappearance.
    I must be the few people who likes the boss battles, but there is a problem. Stealth is the preferred method of play so when it comes to forced action you just aren't used to pulling those sharp actions to survive. Boss battles work in MGS because of the many scripted action moments to prepare you for other scripted action moments. This is probably why I loved the boss battles on my 2-3rd playthrough. I was used to the controls and could outskill the bosses in such cool inventive ways.
    I have many complaints about this game but it's still one of my top games ever. There is so much to like here. A few tweaks here and there and this game could be perfect as well as ambitious.
  90. Nov 30, 2012
    Very rich storyline, great graphics and game play. Truly an outstanding successor to the original Deus Ex. One thing you may not like about this game is the overwhelming amount of mini-game that involves hacking into computer terminals: for door security, camera, storyline or whatnot. Although the game does not require you to do so, but you will want to do it anyway on your first play-through so you collect all the information. Still, this is a great game to play. Expand
  91. Dec 15, 2012
    I feel there isn't really much I can say about this game that hasn't already been said at one time or another.
    This game was fun, exciting, beautifully done, well written, and most of all, bad ***. There wasn't a point in this game that I got bored with, its environments, people, story, and game-play all keep you hooked into playing more until you uncover everything it has to offer. It
    has nice challenge, giving you the option to go all out blasting or being a stealthy bat-man type of character. This is an amazing and worthy prequel to the original Deus Ex, and any fans of the series, or even anyone just getting started should pick up this game if they haven't played it.
    All in all this game was great, aside from a few minor glitches here or there or a bit of cheesy but memorable voice acting, this game doesn't really have anything inherently bad about it.
  92. Dec 16, 2012
    First off I love this game. The graphics,story and gameplay come together well. I will start with what I enjoyed. The main thing I enjoyed was the freedom of choice. you can choose how to take on a problem or even not take it on at all. You can go stealthy or guns blazing. You can also upgrade dozens of aspects of your augmentations. you can upgrade hacking,aiming,melee,typhoon(a sort of special attack) and much more. The second thing I enjoyed was the gameplay itself. Its very smooth and apart one or two very rare AI glitches bug free. The guns feel real and kickback convincingly the stealth and melee take downs are also very satisfying. You get more XP for not killing your enemies but this can be dangerous as another enemy could revive them. Aside from the main story which is a good length in itself there are a lot of varied an well done side missions.Now what went badly. the big thing that I really didnt like was the boss fights they really dont fit with the rest of the game. they cram you into small spaces and force you to play one particular way going against all the freedom the rest of the game gives. In fact if you arent prepared properly some bosses can be really difficult. Thats really all thats wrong and I reccomend this game Expand
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    While this game is definitely better than Invisible War, I can't help feeling dissappointed. There were so much stupid game mechanics. For example, I would have rather got melee weapons than pre-captured takedown animations which get old after seeing them once, not to mention that you lose energy while performing them. How can military-grade cyber augmentations run out of energy when knocking down a single guard? Another thing I absolutely hated were the boss battles. Why the hell did they have to include boss battles with no alternate methods of progression on a game based on freedom? The storyline was good, but no match to original Deus Ex. That pretty much sums the whole game: It's good, but sub-par compared to DX1. Expand
  94. Dec 26, 2012
    They have hit it out of the park with this one - it is simply one outstanding game - Fantastic story line. I had to play it a couple of times to really appreciate its nuisances and mastery. However, it is not for everyone - if you do not like games which require you to use your brain - to investigate and gather information through stealth and cunning over a variety of levels that are like puzzles to be solved and questions your morality at every turn, then this game is not for you - you are better off sticking to the boring , repetitive balls to the walls shoot em up games because you will definitely get lost and frustrated playing this one. Expand
  95. May 23, 2013
    It's a combination of Dishonored with a high tech future. Slowly the game draws you in until you realize that you are deep into a theme and want to get to the end. The type of game you have to play more than once since it teaches you other options might have been better as you progress. Highly recommend it for those who like stealth, strategy and a "thinking" game in addition to some fast paced shooting. Expand
  96. Jan 1, 2013
    This game is simply awesome. When I first saw the trailers I was interested, 'cause I already played the first chapter, and I had to deal with something amazing. The plot is simple but really engaging, the characters are built perfectly and they show really well their psychology and emotions. Adam Jensen is not a true hero; he's just a man thrown into the complex background of the world surrounding him which he had ignored, his whole life is a sort of a joke, a lie.
    The gameplay is fluid and quick and you've got multiple choices on how to approach enemy and generally every situation, and this system of choices reflects perfectly the choices you have to make throughout the entire game.
    The lore behind the game is incredibile, there are a lot of references to people and fact that appeared in the first Deus Ex - remember that Human Revolution is a prequel.
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with its perfectly detailed world, puts you into something that is not just a game: it's a real story, organic in every part, created to live even out of the player.
  97. Jan 16, 2013
    I enjoyed this game very much. The graphics, art style and color scheme was amazing. The game play was fun and the story was quite intriguing. My only qualm with the game was that the lip syncing was atrocious. Very bad. They might as well have had the mouthes stay closed and I'd have had the same response. Other than that, a great stealth and shooter game with different ways of doing things. It's pretty cheap on Steam, so go pick it up. Expand
  98. Mar 16, 2013
    The gameplay is fun, graphics good, plot really good, and player-freedom is extensive. The few things that drag it down is it's HORRIBLE melee system (which can be done without), some decent boss fights, and the feeling that some missions need particular character upgrades to beat. Otherwise, fun game.
  99. Feb 1, 2013
    Had such a great time playing this game. Freedom of choice with genuinely different outcomes, a decent story and also being able to feel like you are in the world. Only gripes are the usual boss fights, and I think the game can be quite punishing at times.

There are only a few games this year we suggest to 16-yrs old gamers and their fathers together. Human Revolution for sure is a Game of the Year nominee. [Oct 2011]
    So despite the odds being stacked against it, Eidos Montreal accomplished the impossible and brought us a Deus Ex in the true sense of the word, probably the best one that we could have hoped for considering the current "requirements" for being commercially successful nowadays.
  3. Oct 10, 2011
    A worthy successor to one of the greatest games ever. It offers a lot of choice on many levels and feels like an RPG from years past - in a very good way. One of the best, if not the best game of 2011. [Oct 2011]