8.5

1. Oct 6, 2011
    This is one of the best games to be released this year. I had this pre-ordered on Steam, best gaming purchase this year so far. The game runs like a charm on my 6950 and i like the gold-black powered art-direction in this one, it appears fresh in what appears to be a market flooded with UE3 games with no work in the art department. Sure people have been complaining that the graphics aren'tThis is one of the best games to be released this year. I had this pre-ordered on Steam, best gaming purchase this year so far. The game runs like a charm on my 6950 and i like the gold-black powered art-direction in this one, it appears fresh in what appears to be a market flooded with UE3 games with no work in the art department. Sure people have been complaining that the graphics aren't up to 2011 standards but this one is all about the gameplay. I played it in total stealth in both my playthroughs and the only major complaint i have are the boss battles. I play the game like a pacifist rarely using even my stun gun and you throw me a bullet sponge. Luckily i'm a hoarder while playing such games and i got through most bosses throwing proximity mines i picked off of walls. This game surely deserves a 9+ but i don't understand who made the decision to outsource a crucial gameplay element. I am looking forward to the upcoming dlc which has a boss battle designed by Eidos Montreal this time around. Also i think the game won't play well as a shooter but maybe that's just me because i am the stealth kinda guy. Expand
  2. Oct 10, 2011
    I really can not understand why this game is so highly praised. The graphics are not impressive, the dialogue is trite, the characters are bland and one dimensional and the upgrades are boring as hell. Actions seem to have no true impact and nothing I encountered made me even raise my eyebrows. If you are among the people that count this as one of your favourite titles I must tell you oneI really can not understand why this game is so highly praised. The graphics are not impressive, the dialogue is trite, the characters are bland and one dimensional and the upgrades are boring as hell. Actions seem to have no true impact and nothing I encountered made me even raise my eyebrows. If you are among the people that count this as one of your favourite titles I must tell you one thing.

Welcome to the world of videogames, you must be new here.
  3. Dec 30, 2011
    I really enjoyed this game. The variation of weapons and side quests. Running from point a to point b got a little irritating for quests but with an amazing soundtrack and a gripping story line I had a hard time putting it down. I found the last boss fight to be far too easy compared to the others, but otherwise overall challenging (depending on the difficulty setting you choose.) I amI really enjoyed this game. The variation of weapons and side quests. Running from point a to point b got a little irritating for quests but with an amazing soundtrack and a gripping story line I had a hard time putting it down. I found the last boss fight to be far too easy compared to the others, but otherwise overall challenging (depending on the difficulty setting you choose.) I am also happy you can pass through this whole game without killing anyone (except the bosses of course.)

Overall a game I will be replaying soon enough!
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    This is my first Deus Ex game.
    Bought it on a whim and I'm glad I did.
    Best stealth system in a game ever!
    Awesome story and gameplay.
    Likable Characters and Great Atmosphere.
    One of the best games of the year.
  5. Dec 7, 2011
    I must warn i didn't play any of the Deus Ex before. The game turns out boring really fast and i had to drive my self time over time to keep playing in hope i would recover the initial hype, but that never happened.

Let me tell you the good things. The atmosphere. The game play. The story premise. The characters. The background. Everything feels right in the beginning of the game. This feeling start growing as you progress through the game and discover new things about the environment, the characters, background and story unfolds.

Unfortunately somewhere around middle game the levels start to stretch the same game play mechanics all over again, the enemies are the same and the story stops unfolding and starts to burp incoherent scenes. The game stops being fun and you forget what was great in the beginning.

The first 10 hours of game play are excellent, and for 10 game play hours it's worth 20$ - 25$ tops (around the same gameplay as portal 2). Then you can put the game into the shelve, because the game becomes modern Half-Life for half the fun.

I'd give it 8 if i would pretend the game has finished when i finished having fun with it.
  6. Dec 20, 2011
    Human Revolution is a decent sequel. It doesn't quite live up to the first, but thankfully, it blows the second away.

Combat feels decent, except for a few buggy melee take-downs. Stealth feels too easy, almost as though every henchman is badly nearsighted and hard of hearing. Also, while harder difficulty settings provide more realistic gunfights, they don't make enemies any smarter or more observant. Dialogue is generally interesting and well done, and the story arc - while occasionally a little bland or predictable - offers a dark vision of the future that makes the whole experience worthwhile. One of the game's biggest drawbacks are the boss fights. They don't feel very distinct from one another, and most of the bosses are extremely vulnerable to pathing glitches and explosives. In fact, even on the hardest difficulty, almost every boss can be defeated without effort by repeatedly throwing explosive mines at their feet. Not very climactic.

But, again, the plot and role-playing elements make this title worth the money, even if it's no game of the year.
  7. Sep 14, 2013
    Pros: Probably one of the best FPS strategy games I've ever played.
    Cons: I can't believe I waited this long to actually play it through.

If you are like me and was disappointed with Invisible War, you will quickly understand how DEHR completely and fully redeems the franchise and series. Now to hunt for the next installment!
  8. Feb 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i really liked everything about deus ex: human revolution right up untill the end. every thing you had done so far in the game didn't matter in the slightest and each of the endings was pointless seeing as how it had no real effect on you and the decisions you made throughout the game could be completely different to how you decided to end the game. the friggin decide and ending'o'matic was completely stupid, it might have had some effect on the dlc but after that ending the dlc is something that i will never get. Expand
  9. Mar 10, 2012
    Liked the game very much. Cyberpunk atmosphere, high-tech and other stuff really get me excited when i was playing this game. What about graphics, it's not so important thing in games like this, but it's smooth and the doesn't spoil the game experience.
  10. Jul 27, 2012
    This is a very addicting game and well worth the money. Although it has a few notable flaws, overall this game was a fantastic adventure for me. The art direction and environment are both great and varied, and unlike many game, the set pieces are not often recycled. The cinematic sequences animate nicely and are interesting to watch. However, the character models in-game are oftenThis is a very addicting game and well worth the money. Although it has a few notable flaws, overall this game was a fantastic adventure for me. The art direction and environment are both great and varied, and unlike many game, the set pieces are not often recycled. The cinematic sequences animate nicely and are interesting to watch. However, the character models in-game are often lacking and seem to lack detail and lip-syncing cohesion. Nevertheless, one can tell that Jensen (the main character) had a lot of work put into designing him (although I don't understand why his jacket acts like it's flowing in the wind 24/7). Although the game is first-person, do not treat this as a FPS like Halo -- a couple of shots and you're dead. This is a shooter (or not, depending on your playing style) that actually requires strategy to survive violent encounters. Aside from the several boss battles, you can choose to play the game stealthily and not kill a single person; instead, you can use a tranquilizer gun, stun gun, gas grenades and so forth to incapacitate your enemies; or you can sneak your way through the game without any enemy contact - it is your choice, and the way this system is set up is RPG style where you level up and obtain Praxis points to spend to "level up" certain augmentations. For those of you who have seen the hacking game, it is not as difficult as it looks; I actually find it to be somewhat fun, if not a little tedious. The story is good and engrossing; it's not amazing, but it holds together well. Perhaps my biggest issue with the game is the voice acting: Jensen sounds indifferent to any circumstances that occur, and aside from the decently acted main characters, many of the voices are cheesy of downright lame; the Chinese voices in particular are very stereotypical and cheesy. This is also a long-lasting game; I spent approximately 39 hours in my first playthrough, and that's with doing all of the side missions. Overall, subpar facial animations and lame voice-acting aside, this is a fantastic game that one should not pass up! Expand
  11. Aug 9, 2012
    An outstanding sequel to a PC classic. Great aesthetics, sufficiently challenging gameplay, gripping story. I do have a few complaints in this sea of praise: enemy AI is nothing special (Metal Gear Solid has done it better), there is no randomisation whatsoever between playthroughs, the relative linearity of the story missions and the overall design of the areas makes it seem somewhatAn outstanding sequel to a PC classic. Great aesthetics, sufficiently challenging gameplay, gripping story. I do have a few complaints in this sea of praise: enemy AI is nothing special (Metal Gear Solid has done it better), there is no randomisation whatsoever between playthroughs, the relative linearity of the story missions and the overall design of the areas makes it seem somewhat dated. But that's the point, and as a successor to Deus Ex it does very well. Like that game, there's enough customisation, sidequests, secrets and multiple endings for 2-3 quite different playthroughs. Absolutely recommend it to fans of sci-fi, cyberpunk and/or third-person action. Expand
  12. May 20, 2012
    I find this game to be mediocre, I really tried to ''get into it'' but I have difficulty doing so. I'm at my 14th hour of playing the game, and I still find the plot kinda boring and bland. I wish it wasn't as predictable as it is. The quests are pretty straight forward. The graphics are also boring. The Stealth system is cool and easy to use, I guess this is what is keeping me in theI find this game to be mediocre, I really tried to ''get into it'' but I have difficulty doing so. I'm at my 14th hour of playing the game, and I still find the plot kinda boring and bland. I wish it wasn't as predictable as it is. The quests are pretty straight forward. The graphics are also boring. The Stealth system is cool and easy to use, I guess this is what is keeping me in the game. The concept is good, but the only thing memorable that I think I'm going to have of this game is the fact that I want to try the first of the series to see if it's better. I got to say tho, it's worth the 10$ I paid for it on Steam, and I'm glad I haven't paid more. Peace and Loooooove! Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2013
    Really interesting story about ideas. It plays like a stealth shooter. If you like games like Metro 2033 or Farcry then you will love this game. It gets a knock off its score for low replayabiility.
  14. Oct 21, 2012
    i must say this is more like a sequel to Dues Ex than Invisible war ever was, i'm very positive about this game, however i really miss a deus ex type ending, i found it devastatingly disapointing that when it came to multi-endings the only thing you had to do was to select one by pressing a button, the biggest drama here was that one of the buttons was placed in the next room... what ai must say this is more like a sequel to Dues Ex than Invisible war ever was, i'm very positive about this game, however i really miss a deus ex type ending, i found it devastatingly disapointing that when it came to multi-endings the only thing you had to do was to select one by pressing a button, the biggest drama here was that one of the buttons was placed in the next room... what a thrill...
    i am positive since the game holds up well to its predecessor, i do however miss the skill tree from deus ex so it didn't have to be all about augmentations.
    the weapon upgrade system is a good touch.
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    Let me start by saying I'm a Deus Ex fan. The original was a stellar game in its day, blending in RPG elements and a detailed story with a FPS gameplay in a way I had never quite seen before. From punching in codes for locked doors to sneaky takedowns, I enjoyed the original Deus Ex immensely.

I had skipped Invisible War entirely however due to reports of it being geared toward the consoles way too much. I'll quite likely go back and play it some day, but a Deus Ex themed FPS just isn't what I was looking for at the time. So when the reviews of Deus Ex: Human Revolution being more like the original started to surface, my interest was piqued. I had expected little of Human Revolution before it was released, and I'm quite happy to have been proven wrong in my assumptions.

My main complaint with Human Revolution however is that unlike the original Deus Ex, I didn't feel free to play the game as I wished. While yes, you can technically run and gun your way through the whole thing, the EXP system is very heavily geared toward stealth tackdowns and hacking, making the system very all or nothing. If you're at all concerned about missing things, as I am, you'll find yourself playing the way the devs obviously intend rather than how you might like to approach a situation.

Much to my surprise however, I maxed out pretty much every half-decent augmentation between 1/2 and 3/4th of the way through the game. At this point EXP became completely moot, so my motivation for being a stealth hacker suddenly fell through the floor. I guess I did too many sidequests and hack-grinding? I must admit though, it actually worked out well enough. I was finally able to play the "stealth shooter" I wanted to play, rather than the "silent assassin" I had exclusively played up until that point in the game to maximize EXP.

At a whopping 35 hours long for my main play-through, plus more for The Missing Link, HR certainly shows its RPG leanings. You're not going to find many FPS titles even approaching that length, though in fairness you're going to spend a fair amount of that running around hub cities, talking to NPCs. With a fairly good story, decent graphics, and fun gameplay - it's easy to recommend to Human Revolutions to other Deus Ex fans out there.
  16. Oct 8, 2012
    Well, what can i say, for some reason unknown to me i had only in the last month decided to give this a go and as it was, i was missing a masterpiece, i didnt know what to expect from it before playing but i was blown away. It is probably one of the all time greats i have played. Where to start. graphics - superb lighting, sets alot of the scenes really well, animations are pretty superbWell, what can i say, for some reason unknown to me i had only in the last month decided to give this a go and as it was, i was missing a masterpiece, i didnt know what to expect from it before playing but i was blown away. It is probably one of the all time greats i have played. Where to start. graphics - superb lighting, sets alot of the scenes really well, animations are pretty superb and flow nicely, cannot speak of any issues that stood out to me. Gameplay - superb, flows nicely and seemlessly from one area to the next, movements are natural, physics are great and natural and the AI is really impressive. Storyline - Fantastic, i think this was the icing on the cake for me, an orignal, well thought out concept and design and had me gripped to want to know more. Music - was again, faultess, gave such depth to the game and a futuristic feel to it. Summary - A well thought out and implemented game, no issues that hindered me playing like bugs etc. fantastic storyline. the gameplay reminded me a bit of Metal Gear Solid and that is a big compliment , graphically, ten times better. A must buy to add to your all time greats Expand
  17. Oct 26, 2012
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is absolutely fantastic. There's so many places to explore and different side quests to carry out. The boss fights can be really easy or really hard depending on the items you have equipped which was my only let down. Having almost completed a bachelor of Biotechnology I found the storyline particularly enjoyable and I personally really related to it.
  18. Nov 28, 2012
    The original Deus Ex was one of those games that sucks you in and leaves a lasting impact that even 12 years later has you occasionally nodding with nostalgic approval at the fond memories of playing it. So it's obvious that when I heard about the new prequel that was supposed to capture that same vibe, it was a must have. I didn't just invest in the game, I chose my new PC on the basisThe original Deus Ex was one of those games that sucks you in and leaves a lasting impact that even 12 years later has you occasionally nodding with nostalgic approval at the fond memories of playing it. So it's obvious that when I heard about the new prequel that was supposed to capture that same vibe, it was a must have. I didn't just invest in the game, I chose my new PC on the basis that it could run this game. And sure, it's good, it's occasionally fun and the world is absolutely brimming over with little interesting details like conversations, emails and props that make it appear living and breathing. I love the stealth feature where the camera goes third person when hiding behind walls and objects, and the visual aesthetics and music aren't a letdown. However, when I got near the end of the game, I either got bored or got a bout of gamer fatigue, and I would argue that if a game ever lets you experience that, then it's not worthy a 9 or an 8. It's a good game - no doubt about that - but the experience I had was nowhere near that of the original 2000 release. If you haven't played any game in the series, go get the original. It's on Steam and it's cheap. If you've played that one and want to pick this one up, prepare to be - if not very, then a little disappointed. Expand
  19. Feb 19, 2014
    The style and visuals of this game are absolutely amazing.
    But the multiple 'open' areas of the game fall short, since it's just corridors with some microscopical roads and cars with a skybox.
    The style and visuals of this game are absolutely amazing.

At the beginning, the stealth is really nice. Being able to take on situations differently. But there comes a moment where the amount of possible routes are over the top, and a lot of times, I ended up hacking a door which leads back to the street, or following a sewer that led me away from where I wanted to go.

In some parts of the game, they put you in a room with SOOO many guards, cameras and robots that it becomes funny. To the point where it's ironic if you were able to pass through it. In these moments you'll be forced a lot into combat. (unless you reload your save file 50 times over till you ace it) Where it's 1 vs 5-15 with a real limited amount of ammo.

>>>SPOILER AHEAD
  20. Aug 21, 2013
    One of the best games I ever played.
    Is fun, is challenging and it has a great storyline.
    The endings? are one of the best voice acting ever, and most touching moments.
    Voice acting of some NPCs could have been improved but overall the game have been an absolute terrific experience.
  21. Jul 29, 2013
    A wonderful title to any who seek a well fleshed out gaming experience. I find that the freedom to choose from a variety of methods of approach in every situation meshes well with the theme of choice in terms of augmentation. It combines gameplay and plot seamlessly in the hopes of making the moral quandaries of augmentation the player's. The only downside to the experience comes in theA wonderful title to any who seek a well fleshed out gaming experience. I find that the freedom to choose from a variety of methods of approach in every situation meshes well with the theme of choice in terms of augmentation. It combines gameplay and plot seamlessly in the hopes of making the moral quandaries of augmentation the player's. The only downside to the experience comes in the form of poorly designed boss battles. Expand
  22. Jul 30, 2013
    It looks yellow. Seriously, check Youtube and see how yellow it is. How could anyone say that these are great graphics? Bland is what I call them. Then there's horribly boring voice acting. If this was a movie, it would never get a high rating because the acting is so dreary! On top of that, the gameplay is boring as well, for a stealth game. I never once had a tense moment. I uninstalledIt looks yellow. Seriously, check Youtube and see how yellow it is. How could anyone say that these are great graphics? Bland is what I call them. Then there's horribly boring voice acting. If this was a movie, it would never get a high rating because the acting is so dreary! On top of that, the gameplay is boring as well, for a stealth game. I never once had a tense moment. I uninstalled and I'm not going back. Expand
  23. Feb 25, 2014
    One of my favorite games, incredible characters, world and cyberpunk atmosphere of the dark future. The endings are brilliant, because each time you are not sure which one you'll have to choose. I have completed it twice and I'm not sure that it's over) I guess, I'm gonna get Director's Cut for better Deus Ex experience. And yeah, I fell in love to Adam Jensen :33
  24. Apr 26, 2014
    Amazing game, would recommend it to anyone, easily one of the best RPG's you will ever play. The game is so multilateral in how you can approach something its astounding, you can go through the entire game without killing/harming a single person via stealth if you so choose, or you can kill each and every single person, or anything you can think of in between.

The story is extremely

The story is extremely engrossing and the melding of stealth/hacking/shooting/augments/cover all into one make it great, it also has a reasonable large choice of guns and a huge selection of upgrades for all of them, as well as the augment differences making it have large replay ability due to the different ways to approach tasks.
  25. May 18, 2014
    Excellent stealth, there are plenty of ways to achieve an objective in each mission, a decent number of side missions, but there a some problems like sub-par graphics (especially facial animation) and the boss fights which puts to waste any stealth augmentations that you purchased with praxis points(if you played stealthily)(stealth is generally the easier way to go in missions on theExcellent stealth, there are plenty of ways to achieve an objective in each mission, a decent number of side missions, but there a some problems like sub-par graphics (especially facial animation) and the boss fights which puts to waste any stealth augmentations that you purchased with praxis points(if you played stealthily)(stealth is generally the easier way to go in missions on the harder difficulty modes) as it forces the player to a non-stealth play style and that coupled with the bosses being able to knock you out quite easily ruins the experience quite a bit, also the separate animation that plays out when you do a lethal or non lethal take down breaks the general flow of the game.
    You have a reasonable amount of freedom when it comes to conversations with NPC essential to the story line with some choices having major consequences on how you play out the mission making it enticing to play the game again and have things play out in a different way, which adds to awesome amount of freedom choice you already have with your play style(stealth assault or even a hybrid of the 2) and the freedom to choose the augmentations to suit your play style.
    Human revolution also has a really good plot even though at times it becomes unrealistic.
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an utterly enjoyable game regardless of the cons that i have mentioned as the freedom of choice presented in the game outweigh the cons and make it a total blast to play through
  26. Oct 29, 2015
    Awkward controls and game play. Weakling protagonist creats a lot frustration. Uncommon difficulty setting not favorable to play at early stage. Waste of money and time.
  27. Dec 22, 2011
    Love it. Love the game, love the music. I never played the two games before this, the first i knew was good, but it seemed a bit too old and the second one was rated bad. But this one, is just perfect
  28. Aug 24, 2011
    Great game! It is just like the original but with all the new tech. The game play is great. You can choose your own way around or through obstacle . The characters are well done if not amazing.
  29. Sep 12, 2011
    This is the best single player game I have ever played. I just finished with 30 hours of play time. I bought the game about a week ago. This is probably the first game I'll play through again just to get the couple side quests I missed. Really, I can't believe how good this game was.
  30. Jul 21, 2012
    This sequel to the Classic Deus Ex has a good deal going for it: a complex, yet believable plot line; better-than-average dialog; fairly well-developed and unique characters; pretty good graphics and PLENTY of action. The weapons are very good, and the augmentation system is nicely integrated into the story line, while the augmentations themselves work well and provide the player with aThis sequel to the Classic Deus Ex has a good deal going for it: a complex, yet believable plot line; better-than-average dialog; fairly well-developed and unique characters; pretty good graphics and PLENTY of action. The weapons are very good, and the augmentation system is nicely integrated into the story line, while the augmentations themselves work well and provide the player with a wide latitude for character creation. All-in-all a well thought-out effort by Eidos Montreal. However, the most serious flaw - Boss Fights - is, unfortunately, a fatal one. C'mon Eidos this is not the 1990's! What were you thinking when you decided to include these juvenile throwbacks in an otherwise fairly sophisticated game? I alternated between laughing and crying as I went through them - so ridiculous, so unnecessary, so indicative of a lack of imagination and confidence in your product. I played through all the Boss Fights, but in doing so, I lost all interest in a second play through. You could have redeemed yourselves by providing the player with the choice of skipping this nonsense. For the future, please realize that not all of your customers are trigger happy twelve year-olds who MUST be appeased with obligatory foolishness. Expand
  31. Aug 28, 2011
    Just finished playing and I have to say, yes! Absolutely brilliant! Game of the year - absolutely. I have been looking forward to this game since it was announced, and the last month or so waiting for it I've been going crazy, i was even dreaming about it! But all that time I had a nagging feeling that i would be disappointed. Disappointed that it would totally miss the point of the firstJust finished playing and I have to say, yes! Absolutely brilliant! Game of the year - absolutely. I have been looking forward to this game since it was announced, and the last month or so waiting for it I've been going crazy, i was even dreaming about it! But all that time I had a nagging feeling that i would be disappointed. Disappointed that it would totally miss the point of the first one and totally flop or even that it would just fall a little short of the mark and be an average game. Thankfully it hasn't let me down, in fact it has surprised me by how good it is. I never write reviews for games or movies but this deserves it! ..plus I saw some of the negative comments which annoyed me. Looking at the negative comments I couldn't agree with any of them, some of them were just plain crazy and some of them were people picking of things which are actually the way they are meant to be, or some very minor flaw like the odd animation quirk. This is not a COD/Battlefield run n gun game. It is, like the original Deus Ex, a game which is centred around the story. The story is by far the main element and the game is designed around telling that story. And this is why I give it a 10. The story is brilliant, the way its told is brilliant, the atmosphere - the sounds, colours, designs, music, is brilliant. The atmosphere really goes a long way to making it, it just pulls you in and makes you feel part of the story! The colours and designs are stunning...like the first time you walk into the Sarif building. And the music....oh the music, fantastic. It fits so perfect with the game. So i suppose in summing up; it's a smart, well thought out, well designed and well executed story that has all the elements to draw you in and keep you hooked right till the end and when it's over leaving you better for the experience but sorry that it's over. Expand
  32. Sep 2, 2011
    With no doubt one of the best games I've ever played. Maybe the best at all.
    Story is very important to me and in Deus Ex I found plenty. Good characters, good atmosphere, surprising story twists, uncertainty on who to trust and who not.
    Gameplay is very good and gives a good "feeling" thanks to the good physic engine too. Augmentations (like "talents" in RPGs) are good and fun. Every
    With no doubt one of the best games I've ever played. Maybe the best at all.
    Augmentations (like "talents" in RPGs) are good and fun.
    Every level has different ways to approach it. Very fun for "explorers" like me. It's nice to explore and find the best path.
    Graphics are GREAT even without directx 11 compatibility and not too heavy. It worked great on my 3 years old PC (it was quite good hardware when bought but still, it's 3 years old). Lights are well used, maps are multi-level mazes fun to explore if you want to see and find everything.
    Sound is good and music is good (tho a little to similar to Mass Effect soundtrack IMHO).
    Oh... and hacking minigames are actually FUN! First time ever I find good minigames that don't get boring after 2 times. I actually enjoyed hacking around especially when I got some hacking augmentations.
    What's bad?
    I may agree with those who say AI could be better. It's too easy to elude/evade guards and when alerted they are still to easy to beat. But it's also true that if AI was better and things were more difficult it would probably get frustrating. This way you feel "professional" and in control instead of a scared crying child.
    Anyway, there is so much to do, see and "live" in this game to make a great great experience.
    It's definitely a game worth buying and playing.
  33. Aug 24, 2011
    Graphics: poor, outdated, especially lighting.
    Sound: extremely poor sound effects like guns and explosions, sound track is superb and voice acting is hit or miss.
    Story: amazing, very unique creative and engaging Gameplay: extremely fun, wide variety of options, satisfying/rewarding missions, bosses are quite lame Overall this game is quite week when it comes to tech in graphics and
    Graphics: poor, outdated, especially lighting.
    Story: amazing, very unique creative and engaging

Overall this game is quite week when it comes to tech in graphics and sound, but the creative side including story, soundtrack and characters is superb.

Rating: B+
  34. Sep 5, 2011
    I am having a lot of fun with this game. It admittedly has some flaws (stuttering framerate on a decent PC, janky AI, and boring weapon selection), but the gameplay makes up for it. It's a blast trying to get in and out of an enemy base without being seen, or trying not to kill anybody. I think it keeps the feel of deus ex. If this game sounds fun to you, give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
  35. Aug 24, 2011
    es un gran juego , para mi que soy seguidor de la saga deus ex mejoro muchisimo el juego , lod graficos me decepcionaron un poco pero el juego es atrapante como los viejos deus ex
  36. Aug 31, 2011
    Human Revolution has interesting combat, and an interesting plotline. However the ending has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series, and the AI is broken beyond all belief. If anyone who played this has ever tried sneaking without getting alarms you're in for the hardest time of your life. Or even playing the game on a difficulty above easy. The game was moderately enjoyable,Human Revolution has interesting combat, and an interesting plotline. However the ending has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series, and the AI is broken beyond all belief. If anyone who played this has ever tried sneaking without getting alarms you're in for the hardest time of your life. Or even playing the game on a difficulty above easy. The game was moderately enjoyable, I found it difficult to get over the enemy AI, and detection system.
    Upon completing the game I felt highly unsatisfied. It felt rushed, and after working extremely hard to finish the game, it felt like a giant slap in the face from the developers. This is in no way even close to what the original Deus Ex was. It was a good game, but when putting it up next to the original's storyline, gameplay, and all around feel/message Human Revolution is just a recycled version of Deus Ex to fit the needs of anyone with little to no attention span, no interest in plotline, and don't care much for stealth based titles. Although I disliked this game for not being similar to the original, it is definitely a game for the "CoD" generation. That's for sure...
  37. Aug 29, 2011
    I had heard the hype about Deus Ex: HR, but truthfully wasn't interested. On a whim however, lacking anything to do, and being too lazy to drive to the store and purchase a new game, I ended-up purchasing it on Steam. It was worth every penny.

The game starts as a simplistic FPS set in an intriguing time and setting. After the first intro sequence, and the title credits rolled, I was hooked, and ran a marathon game session over the next two days that I had free from work.

The voice acting is entertaining. The story starts simple, and then develops into a large conspiracy. I had to keep playing to see what was next. One of the key places where the game shines is the ability to complete an objective through multiple means. Sneak into a location? Go in guns blazing? Combine the two? Possibly talk your way in. Its key to remember, that not all options are equally viable in all situations, something that I feel many players forget if they're "chosen" playstyle is the one which isn't catered to.

Having never been a fan of the original, I can't relate how "similar" the two feel. I will say that this game engrossed me, and was a welcome change from the military shooter glut found everywhere else nowadays. I'd also like to say that the dialogue system is probably the best currently available in the game, and has more depth than BioWare's recent offering in Dragon Age 2. My only hope is that BioWare is taking notes.

There are definitely flaws, but I feel that the game itself is greater than the sum of its parts. If you're interested in a story that's more than simply "shoot this, go here, rinse repeat", then definitely give the game a try. I won't say that everyone will like it. But if I was handing out awards, it would definitely be in the consideration for PC game of the year.
  38. Aug 27, 2011
    Edios have made Deus Ex, which roughly translates from Latin to 'God made from the machine'.

That's quite apt, considering the quality of the game.
  39. Jan 10, 2012
    Deus Ex was a game which excelled in all areas but still just had something... missing. The game was extrodinarily fun, had excellent gameplay, above average graphics, some of the best stealth in any game, but still was missing... something. That edge which makes a game transcend the 9-10 border. Deserving of a nine? Absolutely. Ten? Just... not quite.
  40. Apr 23, 2012
    This is what modern RPGs should feature: good storyline, freedom in gameplay and meaty dialogue. The decisions are not just cosmetic. The story is compelling and as fast paced as you like. The stealth component is great, too bad they could't do the boss fights feel more "in game". Another weak point is (arguably) the voice acting of Adam himself, he sounds a little detached. I like toThis is what modern RPGs should feature: good storyline, freedom in gameplay and meaty dialogue. The decisions are not just cosmetic. The story is compelling and as fast paced as you like. The stealth component is great, too bad they could't do the boss fights feel more "in game". Another weak point is (arguably) the voice acting of Adam himself, he sounds a little detached. I like to believe it's intended, as his emotional response to what happened to him, some kind of defeatism before the implacable. Anyways , the voice acting of the other characters and the general quality of dialogue writing is great. This is a worthy successor of Deus Ex 1, a thing that's not achieved too often nowadays. Hats down @ the devs, looking forward to the sequel of Thief, now I KNOW that it's in good hands :) Expand
  41. Aug 27, 2011
    This game is awesome.
    Every aspect of this game is designed in details. Stealth, hacking, FPS and RP elements, dialogue, sounds (except Adam's voice - it's not perfectly suits him) - everything. I can't say much about script since I didn't complete Deus Ex at the moment, but I bet its good.
    Human Revolution is excellent-made cyberpunk game. I do not regret I bought it.
  42. Feb 24, 2012
    Though the story may still grow, but to date the game is a memorable experience and will appeal a replay several time after which you will get so much addicted to it that you will be using this game a benchmark for other games. In my opinion during playing i observed several similarities to Role playing games, FPS games and stealth games. The games blends all three elements with a greatThough the story may still grow, but to date the game is a memorable experience and will appeal a replay several time after which you will get so much addicted to it that you will be using this game a benchmark for other games. In my opinion during playing i observed several similarities to Role playing games, FPS games and stealth games. The games blends all three elements with a great story to present something totally different with good soundtrack. The developers have really done justice to this title by really producing a fantastic game and whetting the appetite for more. Expand
  43. Sep 3, 2011
    When I first started playing this game I was really happy, it felt like the original Deus EX as soon as I started exploring Detroit. The problem is there were a few decent side missions in Detroit and then even less in the second and last city, hengsha or whatever it's called. The story was also pretty weak; 'People are cutting their arms and legs off and replacing them with rebotic limbs,When I first started playing this game I was really happy, it felt like the original Deus EX as soon as I started exploring Detroit. The problem is there were a few decent side missions in Detroit and then even less in the second and last city, hengsha or whatever it's called. The story was also pretty weak; 'People are cutting their arms and legs off and replacing them with rebotic limbs, lets riot' which leaves me thinking big deal. In conclusion there were elements of Deus Ex 1 with the stealth and the city of Detroit but there are no other locations to really explore and the story was rubbish. Dissapointing as I am a crazy Deus Ex 1 fan. Expand
  44. Aug 27, 2011
    Disregard the loading screen comments that's been patched 3 days after release. The graphics might not be a modern technology showcase but the art direction is stylish and the environments can be breathtaking - in any case the important thing here is the dedication to bringing this world to life evidenced by the many layers of detail and intrigue left for you to discover during yourDisregard the loading screen comments that's been patched 3 days after release. The graphics might not be a modern technology showcase but the art direction is stylish and the environments can be breathtaking - in any case the important thing here is the dedication to bringing this world to life evidenced by the many layers of detail and intrigue left for you to discover during your playthrough. And I mean YOUR playthrough as not two will be identical. You can make it through the game without killing anyone, or you can murder every civilian in the city. You can hack security doors or smash through a wall. You can crawl through a vent or detonate mines or gas a room or throw vending machines at people or hijack killer robots. Every problemset by the game offers a myriad of solutions that will encourage you to play again and again. And I haven't mentioned the brilliant music, the humor, the engrossing story, the brutally effective augmentation system... Here it is guys: the game PC gaming needed, the sequel Deus Ex deserved. Don't you dare pirate this. Expand
  45. Aug 29, 2011
    Brilliant! Been waiting for a game like this 4 years and is here. Glad I pre ordered not like fail 2011 games (crysis 2, DA 2, duke nukem etc) The PC version is so smooth and it doesnt feel like console port, square enix games dont dissapoint.
  46. Aug 24, 2011
    Very perfect action/rpg in future setting, i love this game.
    Game of the Year 2011!
  47. Aug 24, 2011
    Worthy Successor of the first Deus Ex. If you were expecting a bad console port, do not worry, Nixxes did a very good job and making this an excellent PC game. The graphics are great even though it might not look like other recent games. The story and gameplay is what makes this game so great. I've spent hours just exploring every nook and cranny looking for goodies. The different pathsWorthy Successor of the first Deus Ex. If you were expecting a bad console port, do not worry, Nixxes did a very good job and making this an excellent PC game. The graphics are great even though it might not look like other recent games. The story and gameplay is what makes this game so great. I've spent hours just exploring every nook and cranny looking for goodies. The different paths you can take to complete objectives makes the replay value very high along with the different endings. Expand
  48. Aug 25, 2011
    Outstanding game, detailed to the max, excellent dialogue/voice acting, superb gameplay mechanics. I played on low graphics due to bad PC, so I can't comment on graphics, but they can't be too bad. Storyline is great, good amounts of action, hacking gets tense at the harder stages. Good array of weapons, just reeks of a good game. Definitely get if you want some 20 odd hours of solid immersion
  49. Aug 25, 2011
    I have been waiting for this for awhile, so I will admit that I was a bit more critical that some might have been. Yes, the controls are a little wonky on the PC version, but with an xbox controller plugged in that all goes away. People expecting a run and gun futuristic shooter have obviously never played a Deus Ex game and need to pick up one of the predecessors before judging this to beI have been waiting for this for awhile, so I will admit that I was a bit more critical that some might have been. Yes, the controls are a little wonky on the PC version, but with an xbox controller plugged in that all goes away. People expecting a run and gun futuristic shooter have obviously never played a Deus Ex game and need to pick up one of the predecessors before judging this to be something it's not. Although it IS a stealth ops kinda game, I was expecting a little more balance built into the choices. I chose to snoop around on the first level and was rewarded with a richly detailed environment to explore with lots of secrets, but at the cost of many lives in the second level due to my time constraints. Not a good way to start the game. But after that, things felt more balanced. The graphics are amazing(running full spec on a radeonHD6770) and very fluid, level design is just as claustrophobic yet epic in scale as invisible war, and the characters are deep. Sound was great as in the way of score, but I noticed with headphones on the surround gets a little washed out, if and when it's actually programmed. All in all, a must have for anyone that's been gaming for more that 10 years, and if Eidos Montreal does as well with Thief as they did bringing this back, a new renaissance in gaming might just be at hand...... Expand
  50. Aug 27, 2011
    I feel like the positive reviewers (both critics and users) must be playing a different game. I've found Deus Ex HR to be frustrating, repetative, and completetly linear.

My playthrough got hung up when I snuck my way to the basement of the Police Station. I picked up the quest item and headed out. I tried for over an hour to get back out the way came, but sneaking up proved insanely difficult. So I reloaded my save from the basement, fooled around, and found a possible exit through the sewers. The sewer entrance is locked and requires level three hacking. I have level two, with now way to upgrade. So basically, my "chosen gameplay style" was incompatible with actually playing the game.

I liked the original game and WANT to like this version, but after eight hours of play I am throwing in the towel. The stupid AI, long load times, and ludicrous dependance on hacking take all the joy out of Deus Ex Human Revolution.
  51. Aug 28, 2011
    The spirit of Deus Ex is kept alive in this FPS/RPG hybrid that focuses on re-inventing itself to fit the current generation of gaming. There are quirks, but the plot and exploration elements keep it from being as mundane as things like Resistance. It feels more like Mass Effect 2 (dear lord) and Splinter Cell. Keep in mind the first Deus Ex preceded all of the similar games on the marketThe spirit of Deus Ex is kept alive in this FPS/RPG hybrid that focuses on re-inventing itself to fit the current generation of gaming. There are quirks, but the plot and exploration elements keep it from being as mundane as things like Resistance. It feels more like Mass Effect 2 (dear lord) and Splinter Cell. Keep in mind the first Deus Ex preceded all of the similar games on the market now in the past 10 years. Expand
  52. Aug 29, 2011
    to all the haters of this game, syrik: long load times? how old is your computer? i load it in 10 seconds max on a 2 year old hp ARATA: false choice? you enter a mission anyway you want and your choices reflect the future of the game! TALLOW: weapons? its 2027! you dont expect the game to have nuke like massive weapons do you? seriously? And the AI tell me a game that has betterto all the haters of this game, syrik: long load times? how old is your computer? i load it in 10 seconds max on a 2 year old hp ARATA: false choice? you enter a mission anyway you want and your choices reflect the future of the game! TALLOW: weapons? its 2027! you dont expect the game to have nuke like massive weapons do you? seriously? And the AI tell me a game that has better AI...seriously in another FPS/RPG/action/adventure game.....USERJUICER: not even past the first hour? wow you suck at games, and have no level of opinion if your ONLY AN HOUR IN!?!??! out of a 30 hour game! jesus...TRICK: hardcore FPS fan? get out....DIGIMO: havnt played the first Dues Ex? get out with FPS fanboy here....JUJUBEADS: worst AI in 6 years? really? you cant name another game? are you ok in the head? COD has people standing behind wall ready to play POP GOSE THE WEESLE! while DEHR has people flanking you and actually searching for you! yea its not perfect but you make a realistic AI code and tell me its easy and if you have section in your reaview that staits positive game features then it dose not deserve a 0.tool ....COECO: its not an FPS dipstick.....Shinigurai: mass effect 2 is an RPG/TPS Deus Ex is a FPS/RPG/action/adventure if you caught that before, DIRECT COPY? can you approach missions the way you want? Augment yourself into a badass human/machine? no. all you people are making complete stupid comments on a game that dose something different from other games, and innovates the game medium with its unique gameplay. and you people want to give the game a 0 because of what? bad AI? you might as well give every other game a 0 then. not enough weapons? how much do you actually want or need? even then its a minor complaint, and give it done to a 9. seriously guys stop being mellow dramatic like the 10 year olds that you really are and grow up and actually look for real complaints and make a real score... Expand
  53. Aug 31, 2011
    This has got to be one of the best games ever made, the storyline just drags you in the charicters are deep and fit well, the shooting system and inventory are very similar to the first game but more polished. I only hope they expand this and make another game. The inventory holds just enough equipment to make you have to think what you need rather than what you want. Like any deus ex gameThis has got to be one of the best games ever made, the storyline just drags you in the charicters are deep and fit well, the shooting system and inventory are very similar to the first game but more polished. I only hope they expand this and make another game. The inventory holds just enough equipment to make you have to think what you need rather than what you want. Like any deus ex game there are many vents to crawl through and plenty of places to pick suckers off at a distance with a sniper rifle... you know what they say "you can run but you'll only die tired" the charicters are awsome and i particualry liked Eliza cassan. Come on with the next deus ex game! Expand
  54. Sep 1, 2011
    I've been playing this game extensively since they leaked the preview build 3 months ago and I must say that first experience is what convinced me to purchase the full product. My first complete playthrough has clocked 32 hours according to Steam (and by no means was I fully exploring everything possible) and I certainly feel my money has been well spent as opposed to the frequent 6 hourI've been playing this game extensively since they leaked the preview build 3 months ago and I must say that first experience is what convinced me to purchase the full product. My first complete playthrough has clocked 32 hours according to Steam (and by no means was I fully exploring everything possible) and I certainly feel my money has been well spent as opposed to the frequent 6 hour FPS rehashes released. First and foremost, the style and artwork in the game is simply breathtaking. There were times when I would simply stare out into the beautiful vistas they have created in this game in awe. The only other game I can recall with such exemplary scenery in recent years is Mirror's Edge, and i couldn't help but feel inspired. The overall atmosphere is similarly superlative with Michael McCann's brilliant score which fits the cyberpunk theme perfectly, though I will say it is not a patch on the great music from the first Deus Ex. The pacing in 'Human Revolution' is also impressive; just when I wanted more story, I was given the next twist in the tale; just when I wanted more combat, fifteen enemies burst into the room warranting a quick decision over how they could be dispatched. There were several instances where I felt I was actually required to use my brain as opposed to many other games as of late in considering just how I would deal with enemies in the easiest way. Similarly, I felt the inventory system was an apt inclusion, forcing you to consider exactly what equipment you would likely need for the next encounter. The 'persuasion' conversations throughout the game also required me to take a step back and consider just which response would convince a character to see things my way, and felt like I was actually having an impact on the game world. There are multiple paths to achieve each objective, and there is usually an alternative route to avoid any danger. Because of this I had alot of fun exploring the city hubs in the game, as much fun as I did exploring Hong Kong in Deus Ex 1. You can pay a hobo 1000 credits for information on an armoury code, only to find it later after hacking into someone's email, thus exploration is definitely encouraged. Mentioning graphics, I was playing on maximum settings with a GTX 570 and the framerate was consistently high (It also played well in DX9 on a 4870 and a Core 2 Duo). However, the game did crash far more frequently than I would have liked, especially during the 2nd city hub, though i'm sure this will be fixed in a future patch. The textures were impressive on maximum settings, though the character models looked quite plasticy. One minor irritation is that the animations of the characters' faces seem to 'twitch' and it's very distracting (and unrealistic). Other minor niggles are the console-ish feel of the mouse scrolling which is far worse in Invisible War, but not present on FPS games that are made primarily for the PC. The enemy AI is definitely not the best, though I can't think of any games where it's noticeably improved. Enemies would sometimes spot me from the other side of a large room, despite being crouched behind an object, and other times you can takeout an enemy right in front of another without them batting an eyelid. The major disappointment for me, however (and the reason I won't give the game a 10) was the endings (though the REAL ending did atone for this slightly). I would much have preferred an insight into what effect my choice had on the world in the immediate future, and I was severely disappointed that this was not included. Regardless of this flaw, this is by far the best game I have played this year, and unless anything is subsequently released which is notably better (which I sincerely doubt as it would have to be an OUTSTANDING game), this will be my GOTY. Expand
  55. Sep 1, 2011
    Personally, I absolutely liked the overall feeling and mechanics of the game. It is definitely worthy of the Deus Ex label, and I would even consider nominating it as my personal game of the year.
  56. Sep 1, 2011
    Pros: - Deep story with various options. - Smart enough AI. (not perfect though) - Great replay value.

Cons: - The dynamic light and shadow effects is not great. Many light sources in the game doesn't cast shadows. - The lip syncing in this game is bad. - The cut scene transition is not as smooth as the original game.
  57. Sep 2, 2011
    Very good game, but not as good as the original. Boss battles feel forced, artificial, and ultimately pointless. Plot follows a similar version of originals storyline, but all of the intrigue and conspiracy feels shallow. Illuminati are mentioned like twice, but it's never explained how exactly their plan functions.
  58. Sep 4, 2011
    P / S. Forgive me please for my English, but I just want to express their emotions about this game. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - it's nostalgia! Deus Ex: Human Revolution - the best game of the year! Best RPG! Best stealth! Freedom of action! Nonlinearity of the plot! Multiple endings! Chic soundtrack! The atmosphere is great world of the future ... The game is worth the money, andP / S. Forgive me please for my English, but I just want to express their emotions about this game. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - it's nostalgia! Deus Ex: Human Revolution - the best game of the year! Best RPG! Best stealth! Freedom of action! Nonlinearity of the plot! Multiple endings! Chic soundtrack! The atmosphere is great world of the future ... The game is worth the money, and developers are worthy of respect, these games are very scarce. Nostalgia breaks when you play in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, remembered the time when he ran for the game Deus Ex ... more than 10 years have passed ... playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution run pleasurable sensations and memories of the past ... I've been so happy not games ... usually are not long trash and cling to, but this game pulls from the first minute .. Estimates of the project speak for themselves. Many gaming publication has withdrawn estimates put the project Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Quite generously appreciated - and many many maximal close to the maximum estimate. Another reason to give due attention to the game. These projects come out very rarely. Recommend that those who are not familiar with the game Deus Ex universe to begin with prequel ... and then go in the first part of Deus Ex, which was released back in 2000 ... I bought the game and do not regret it ... already wrapped 47 hours ... and the game no end. I recommend to make sure to watch the movie Blade Runner, a film old in 1982, but still interesting ... level design of the game is made just with a similar picture in the film ... Expand
  59. Nov 28, 2011
    I can't believe all the praise Human Revolution received. The game is very mediocre. There is a bunch of things wrong with it, like unbalanced XP and money system, lack of shops and interesting items/weapons. Some of the augs are plain stupid, like most of the hacking upgrades. The only way you can have fun with this game if you sneak around knocking dumb AI unconscious or shooting themI can't believe all the praise Human Revolution received. The game is very mediocre. There is a bunch of things wrong with it, like unbalanced XP and money system, lack of shops and interesting items/weapons. Some of the augs are plain stupid, like most of the hacking upgrades. The only way you can have fun with this game if you sneak around knocking dumb AI unconscious or shooting them with the tranq gun. Nothing wrong with that, but it becomes very repetitive: sneak through a vent, hack 100 terminals, punch someone facing a wall like a tard, pick up ammo you'll never use, read someone's inbox, turn on a faucet. In fact, the only time the game became creative is when you had to make your way through a room full of lasers. Granted it wasn't the most original or challenging task since they conveniently placed cover all the way through, but at least it was something different. And I'm not even gonna go into boss battles.

If I had to pick the most irritating thing, then it would be the energy system fueled by very limited supply of Snickers bars. Most of the time I spent crawling around with only one energy bar filled, since it's the only one automatically refilled without munching on chocolates. And isn't it fun to knock one guy out and follow the next one around like a puppy waiting on your battery to recharge? There are some redeeming factors, like the character models are pretty cool, the takedown animations, voice acting, and soundtrack. The coolest looking and functioning upgrade is the parachute one with the option to stun nearby enemies upon impact with the ground. But of course I couldn't **** use that if I wanted to be sneaky.

And graphics are consolized **** It's just plain for the exception of Jensen's apartment and Megan's office where you start off.

I did play the game to the end. It's not bad, it's average.
  60. Sep 14, 2011
    Fantastic game ...one of the best I've played. At first, I wasn't sure that I'd like it...but as I delve further into the game the better I liked it.
  61. Sep 19, 2011
    I missed the original Deus Ex and wasn't regretting it. I was never fan of it. But when I tried DE: HR I realized, that this is the first game in a long time, which I really enjoyed. Graphic component may seem old to those guys who are fond of Crysis (GRAPHICS!!1), gameplay may seem dull to the ones who are fond of Shooters and persistent action.
    As I have already said, this is the first
    As I have already said, this is the first game since Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) which I enjoyed.
    You just should put your headphones on, turn of the lights and live this game. This is no shooter, this is no RPG, this is no horror. This game is just different. I completed ~50% of the game without even killing anyone. Graphics are just fine. Not hi-end technologies, but everything is smooth and shiny.
    Music is really great here. One should never turn it off.
    Speaking about dialogs... Well, facial animation is way too far from L.A. Noire (okay, every game is), characters' movements are kind of wooden, but you just forget about that, because voices are very emotional (there are few, very few exceptions) and dialogs are written very well, there are almost no usual 'stamps'.
    What I really liked about this game is the fact that you can really find many solutions to complete something. Developers were talking about it earlier, but, unlike the other games THERE ARE. You can kill people, you can turn them off, you can find hidden entrance - well, there are really many solutions and approaches to every mission and quest completion.
  62. Sep 20, 2011
    I have played both Deus Ex 1 and Deus Ex: HR, but I won't compare them to each other as much.
    Deus Ex: HR has amazing gameplay. The "choice" part is no gimmick, your actions really affect the future. The RPG augmentation/ gun upgrade system is very flexible to your very own play style; you can sneak around or shoot everyone, or anything in between. The music is OK, but it's too ambient and needs to be more of a part of the game. I'm not judging much for graphics, but they're pretty good at some parts, and poor at other parts.
    What is really lacking, though, in Deus Ex: HR is the story. The story felt too weak and there isn't much motivation for what you are doing. IMO, the beginning should have really been in the middle. The characters, however, have pretty fleshed out personalities.
  63. Sep 25, 2011
    Poor graphics and poor colors. Action, aiming, story are a mess. The story, what story ????
    Another **** console port with only 2 colors : orange and yellow.
    Playing DX11 with everything maxed out will thow away my rig (i7 960 + 24GB DDR3 1600 + GeForce 560 Ti + SSD 240 GB SATA III) impossible to aim because of so much mouse lag. You die and you die and again die, die, die..... and
    Another **** console port with only 2 colors : orange and yellow.
    You die and you die and again die, die, die..... and sometimes, after 50 direct headshots, one NPC is dead...
    Stupid, pathetic, unuseful, brain dead A.I.
    Just plain all ****
    All critics review over 80 is beyond understanding. There must be bad taste and/or wrong I.Q. or hidden financial arrangement, otherwise, there is no possible explanation.
  64. Sep 28, 2011
    For me it was even a little bit too long. But the ending was worth waiting. Adam Jensen has the best voice in whole games history! It was a really good time, that I spend with DXHR.
  65. Oct 1, 2011
    Firstly, the flaws: the main character's voice sounds comically like Napoleon Dynamite, the main character is security chief of a large corporation yet receives no income or a supply of guns and ammo from his employer - in fact, he has to resort to breaking into people's apartments to steal money and other items just so he can the tools he needs to do his job properly! Enemies cannot jumpFirstly, the flaws: the main character's voice sounds comically like Napoleon Dynamite, the main character is security chief of a large corporation yet receives no income or a supply of guns and ammo from his employer - in fact, he has to resort to breaking into people's apartments to steal money and other items just so he can the tools he needs to do his job properly! Enemies cannot jump or climb ladders or crouch into crawl spaces, making them easy to evade. The stealth enhancement (invisibility) makes the game far too easy. Auto-unlockers make hacking too easy. Too few side-quests. Cities are merely hiding places for credit chips and ammo, when they could be so much more. The game is linear. The positives: the game is great fun, compelling, with a strong story-line and convincing atmosphere. The option of stealth vs. homicidal gameplay allowed me to play the FPS I want to play, and at my own pace. Overall, I highly recommend this game but felt that it almost belonged to the Hitman series of games (albeit, a hitman with insane gadgets), rather than Deus Ex. If there's a Deus Ex 4, it should build on the foundations laid here. Well done, EI & SE. 8.5/10 Expand
  66. Oct 3, 2011
    A great and interesting game. each time you make a decision it changes the play of the game. One of the best games i've ever played. Since owning this game I've played it twic e from start to finish and am just about to start for a third time.
  67. Oct 9, 2011
    This game is ok. It could use some improvement with the AI, and the general shooting game-play sucks. Overall though, not a bad game, just needs a little work in different areas.
  68. Oct 9, 2011
    I am in love with this game, it is the only game that i have played recently of this genre that as soon as id completed it i wanted to go through it again :)
    Chasing the Pacifist and Foxiest achieves at the moment.
    The scenario is believable and the overall finish of the game is polished and smooth looking. The many options available to players to complete each task is refreshing and is
    Chasing the Pacifist and Foxiest achieves at the moment.
    The many options available to players to complete each task is refreshing and is probably one of the reasons i could easily replay this game several times, trying to find new and better tactics to complete tasks is so much fun :)
    Im looking forward to trying the latest DLC and hoping more is incoming.
    This is one of those rare games that come along that, if it wasnt for the original already doing it, would set the benchmark for the entire genre.
  69. Oct 14, 2011
    I absolutely loved this game. The graphics were great, the game play was good and the story was amazing. This is exactly what a Deus Ex game is supposed to be. The one flaw is the fact that boss fights felt like they were completely separated from the rest of the game. The main game allows you to use your talents to accomplish goals in a multitude of ways while the boss fights were runI absolutely loved this game. The graphics were great, the game play was good and the story was amazing. This is exactly what a Deus Ex game is supposed to be. The one flaw is the fact that boss fights felt like they were completely separated from the rest of the game. The main game allows you to use your talents to accomplish goals in a multitude of ways while the boss fights were run & gun fests. If the boss fights were like the rest of the game I would give it a 10. Expand
  70. Oct 16, 2011
    I'll be one of the first to admit I was one of those people who questioned, "Deus ex 3? Really? That surely can't work." Almost a decade after the release of the last instalment, Deus Ex: Human Revolution successful re-establishes the franchise as one of the best games this generation. Regardless of the time scale between releases, DE:HR retains all of its predecessors tropes.I'll be one of the first to admit I was one of those people who questioned, "Deus ex 3? Really? That surely can't work." Almost a decade after the release of the last instalment, Deus Ex: Human Revolution successful re-establishes the franchise as one of the best games this generation. Regardless of the time scale between releases, DE:HR retains all of its predecessors tropes. (Thankfully not falling victim to popular modern game designs practice, that every game must look and play like the most successful of that particular genre.) Although DE:HR has a lot to be desired in the graphical front, it isn't a bad look game, but don't expect it to be winning any awards any time soon. Aesthetically it seems to take a very stark approach. Which might sound like a negative comment, but it's not, it defines the Mise en scène. When mixed with the darkness of each city and the eerie glow of the street lights, you'll forget all about of low res/ low poly the game looks from time to time. So, to sum up. Go buy the game. Expand
  71. Oct 16, 2011
    I simply love this game! Great story, great gameplay and full of things to explore.
    Graphics may not be the best, but still looking good.
    First time I beat the game made me start again on hardest difficulty.
    Recommended!
  72. Nov 9, 2011
    Quite the Excellent game. Probably one of the best single player campaigns I've ever played. The Amount of different outcomes in encounters depending on your augments is fun enough on it's own. Excellent: Story , Characters , Art Design , Music , and surprisingly voice acting as well.
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Buyer beware" should be stuck to the front of the box. Being a huge fan of the original I had my reserved concerns about the new title. But, **** me, was I in for a rather unpleasant surprise. Outdated "consolized" graphics and even worse controls, increasingly annoying door hacks, piss-poor AI, generically bland weapons, god-awful cover system and many more. However, all of that bleaks in comparison to, you guessed it, BOSS FIGHTS! In a stealth game! WTF, Eidos? What have you been smoking, when you decided that a full-stealth character (no armour, no aim stabilization - no combat skills at all) can take a minigun-wielding tank of a boss? At least you managed to leave some gas canisters and exploding barrels around the room, but still - this is Deus Ex (sort of) not Quake. For the second boss you have to have EMP Shielding or you'll end up running around spraying lead all over the place trying to catch those telltale circles on the water surface. Up to that point I encountered exactly zero EMP attacks, what on Earth would compel me to get the aug which is in a 'combat' branch I haven't even unlocked yet? Oh, and we still have to stack crates, when all the other cyberheroes learned to climb. All in all, it left a stale, utterly disappointing aftertaste. Your game style (combat/stealth) has no influence on how your boss fights unfold or the choices you get at the end ("push a button to complete the game"). Only buy if you can get it dirt-cheap. Expand
  74. Dec 5, 2011
    Having played Dues Ex (1) I found it to be one of the best, original FPS with RPG elements I'd ever experienced. Dues Ex (2) was a collosal let down. Why?... it was exactly the same just not half as good.

Dues Ex Human Revolutions (3) is exactly the same, but MUCH better than before. FOR - In brief, took everything that made the 1st Dues Ex great and did it better. Great to look at

In brief, took everything that made the 1st Dues Ex great and did it better.
    Great to look at
    Smooth to play
    Very effectively gives the appearance of being non-linear

AGAINST -

The plot feels a little 'seen it, done it'.
    Boss fights are a little boring.
    The game is perhaps an hour or two shorter than you'd like.
    Add-on packs are unnecessary (they add probably 20-45 minutes depending on how you play) and add nothing of any real consequence.

My biggest thumbs up? - It's the best FPS/RPG since Dues Ex (1) and thats mighty complimentary.

My Biggest thumbs down? - The ending... without going into details and spoiling it for you. There are multiple endings and how you play the game does not affect these in the slightest.

To put in another way, you can play game all guns blazing, or be a stealthy as a ninja, this (aside from steam rewards) will not affect the outcome one way or the other, you still get to choose your ending with no limitations. This rather sadly brings the non-linear illusion crashing with a thud. The endings themselves are also rather poor. Without spoiling it, if you've sat through a metal gear solid 'cut scene' where they explain the plot, then you have a pretty good idea how this game will end.

In conclusion - A great game which ultimately will leave you a little deflated, but it's worth it.
  75. Jan 31, 2012
    I was skeptical that Human Revolution would live up to original but it did. This game has a ton of atmosphere. Whether you are hopping between the cramped rooftops of lower Hengsha or crawling through a sewage drain in Detroit, this game always feels like a living breathing world. All aided greatly by an interesting aesthetic and an incredible soundtrack (as well as a spot on Alex JonesI was skeptical that Human Revolution would live up to original but it did. This game has a ton of atmosphere. Whether you are hopping between the cramped rooftops of lower Hengsha or crawling through a sewage drain in Detroit, this game always feels like a living breathing world. All aided greatly by an interesting aesthetic and an incredible soundtrack (as well as a spot on Alex Jones parody on the in game radio). The gameplay is well executed and varied, always allowing you multiple ways to tackle any area ranging from running in guns blazing to moving through vents undetected to hacking a robot and letting it mow down the enemies for you. The first couple bosses are quite challenging especially as I was doing a pacifist playthrough, they reminded me of boss fights of old where I actually had to try more than once to beat it. Too bad the rest of the game is fairly easy, even on the hardest mode. Finally the storyline is compelling and satisfying, a morally ambiguous conspiracy ridden tale which will throw most people for at least a few loops (Unless you frequent TV Tropes) and leads to some interesting choices at the end. Expand
  76. Apr 18, 2012
    I am finding that I actually love his game. The atmosphere and maps are great and while the graphics are generally sub-par (console limitations) they are generally forgivable given the story. The story. Love the story. I enjoyed the original Deus Ex way back when and this story flows nicely right into it, as intended. The ending fits with the storyline very well (unlike the totalI am finding that I actually love his game. The atmosphere and maps are great and while the graphics are generally sub-par (console limitations) they are generally forgivable given the story. The story. Love the story. I enjoyed the original Deus Ex way back when and this story flows nicely right into it, as intended. The ending fits with the storyline very well (unlike the total assf*ck idiot ending of Mass Effect 3). Character animations are odd at times - I kept thinking everyone in the game has Parkinson's and not as good as those of Mass Effect (the entire series). The hand-to-hand takedowns are a real kick and I never got tired of watching Adam do non-lethal takedowns on enemy after enemy. The lethal take-downs were OK too but I just preferred the more varied non-lethals.

I definitely like the conversation modes in the game with a half-dozen special conversations that you have to navigate JUST SO in order to obtain a good outcome. Blow it and you don't get a second chance short of going back to a save you made prior to the key conversation. There is an augmentation you can acquire that is supposed to help you "read" people so you can navigate these key conversations better but, honestly, I did better NOT using it and just going on my own gut. In fact, the conversation augment confused me and misled me more than it helped but YMMV. I did ONE playthrough of Mass Effect 3 as was so pissed and angry about the STUPID ending that I couldn't bring myself to play ANY of the Mass Effect games again so here I am...doing yet another playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. At this point, I've already played it more times than I did even Mass Effect 2. Going from Mass Effect games to Deus Ex: Human Revolution it did take me some time to get used to the differences, mainly the oddity of DEHR going from first person to third person rather than sticking with one or the other all the time. From having played so much Mass Effect (before ME3 ruined it all) I got to really really like third person - and this is coming from someone who had been almost a pure first person game guy. While I would prefer to have had DEHR third person all the way, like with the Mass Effect games, I have quickly come to accept the way of DEHR. Great game, great atmosphere, great story, great soundtrack. Play this game again and again (instead of trying Mass Effect 3 even once...seriously, you wont regret it).
  77. Apr 3, 2012
    Dark, stunning, unique, and awe-inspiring. Without a doubt, this is the most immersive story I have ever played in a video game.

Video games are rarely original anymore. But when you finally come across one that has an orignal story, its like a breath of fresh air. This game is so immersive, and amazing that you actually feel like you ARE the protagonist. Every choice, changes the story in a different way. Being an avid Deus Ex fan since the first game, I have to admit that I actually enjoyed this one the best out of the whole series. It sets up the events of Deus Ex 1 very well, while incorperating its own, intuative story along perfectly. Inconclusion, if you can only afford one game this year, get this one. Modern Warefare 3, and BattleField 3 may sell a lot of copies, but they will never be able to give you the same about of satisfaction, and enjoyment that this game will. I can guarentee that people will be talking about this game for a very, long time.
  78. Feb 23, 2015
    Having played the original Deus Ex when it came out and spent hours-n-hours-n-hours on it ...

This is just awful. Seems like I have to use every key on my keyboard to get through this thing. The "crouch behind a box and try to maneuver around it to shoot a dude 8 times before he falls" got old so fast. Mechanics and controls were pitiful, resembling Xbox-tard-console crap. Why is everything yellow? Can you overdo placing highlighted objects any more than this? Doubtful. Press a combination for six keys just to switch weapons or eat a soy packet? Pause for two minutes while your character goes thru the (completely predictable and always boring) cut scenes? Memorize thirty different key combos to assess and use your inventory? Just terrible all the way around. Bought it on steam for six bucks and felt overcharged by four. Run far from this one. JC Denton is rolling in his grave.
  79. Jul 15, 2012
    As a follow up to the Deus Ex games, this is finally the one that lives up to the original game's feel, design, and gameplay. If you liked the first Deus Ex, then don't think twice about purchasing Human Revolution.
  80. Jul 22, 2012
    Disappointment here. Cliche story I guessed after 30min gameplay (before end of intro). Square enix bosses (ie. you either know the trick or you die helplessly). Also a nice shooter that requires a bit of strategy. Secret paths looking like obvious ones. Don't look for a "beyond good and evil" experience.
  81. Aug 25, 2012
    I loved the design, inventory, map etc and the world seemed of a piece. The stealth was really fun as known from Deus Ex but I hated the "bosses". They are kind of overpowered and do not seem to fit into the story/game at ALL.
  82. Nov 18, 2012
    This game is so incredibly fun and strategic. I don
  83. Dec 18, 2012
    In this depressing age in which games like Splinter Cell: Conviction and Hitman: Absolution routinely betray virtually everything that made their predecessors so unique and enjoyable, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of very few sources of hope for the future of the gaming industry. I've played through the game several times (always on the highest difficulty), and am still finding newIn this depressing age in which games like Splinter Cell: Conviction and Hitman: Absolution routinely betray virtually everything that made their predecessors so unique and enjoyable, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of very few sources of hope for the future of the gaming industry. I've played through the game several times (always on the highest difficulty), and am still finding new things to achieve. On my most recent playthrough, I managed to get through the entire game without upgrading a single augmentation. This is a perfect example of the immense freedom of choice this classic offers. I'm also a huge fan of Deus Ex 1, and the entirety of Human Revolution plays like a massive tribute to the original game. Even the music couldn't be more perfect, actually retaining Deus Ex 1's format of constant (and amazing) music that changes based on what's going on. I've become completely addicted to knocking out and hiding every guard in perfect stealth, always looking forward to the Ghost XP bonus upon completion of every objective. The only thing in this masterpiece that I don't approve of is the boss fights (which should have been exactly like the one at the end of The Missing Link DLC), but I've gotten to the point where I can easily defeat each without even having to carry a single lethal weapon. And the PC version feels perfect, even offering things like two separate walk keys for both toggling and holding. I have no idea why there are any negative user reviews for this game. It's utterly brilliant, and the closest thing to a modern version of Deus Ex 1 that anyone could ever realistically expect from the gaming industry these days. Expand
  84. Dec 16, 2012
    First off I love this game. The graphics,story and gameplay come together well. I will start with what I enjoyed. The main thing I enjoyed was the freedom of choice. you can choose how to take on a problem or even not take it on at all. You can go stealthy or guns blazing. You can also upgrade dozens of aspects of your augmentations. you can upgrade hacking,aiming,melee,typhoon(a sort ofFirst off I love this game. The graphics,story and gameplay come together well. I will start with what I enjoyed. The main thing I enjoyed was the freedom of choice. you can choose how to take on a problem or even not take it on at all. You can go stealthy or guns blazing. You can also upgrade dozens of aspects of your augmentations. you can upgrade hacking,aiming,melee,typhoon(a sort of special attack) and much more. The second thing I enjoyed was the gameplay itself. Its very smooth and apart one or two very rare AI glitches bug free. The guns feel real and kickback convincingly the stealth and melee take downs are also very satisfying. You get more XP for not killing your enemies but this can be dangerous as another enemy could revive them. Aside from the main story which is a good length in itself there are a lot of varied an well done side missions.Now what went badly. the big thing that I really didnt like was the boss fights they really dont fit with the rest of the game. they cram you into small spaces and force you to play one particular way going against all the freedom the rest of the game gives. In fact if you arent prepared properly some bosses can be really difficult. Thats really all thats wrong and I reccomend this game Expand
  85. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is awesome and more importantly shines as the single greatest console port to date. It really feels thoroughly like a PC exclusive. Nixxes did an astounding job here. If you passed on this one you cheated yourself.
  86. Apr 26, 2013
    The most fun I have had in a game, absolutely unbelievable. Has amazing replay value because of the choices given in it of different ways to approach each mission. The Gold theme even though a bit strange works and looks rather nice.
  87. Jun 23, 2015
    amazing game. i loved every aspect of this game. You can go in guns blazing, or sneak your way through or a bit of both. the story and plot was really good and satisfying. Also, the soundtrack list by Michael McCann is one of my favorite soundtrack list ever.
  88. Aug 26, 2015
    As a huge fan of the original I approached this version of Deus Ex the same way that I had with Invisible war.... this is not made by Ion Storm and it cannot live up to the legend. Suffice to say I was not far from the truth. This game is nowhere near the original when it comes to the sheer scale of the story and gameplay but .... and that is a BIG BUT: THIS GAME IS GREAT.

Let me start

Let me start at the beginning. DEHR is a console port that had issues to begin with. It suffered from the Splinter Cell / Hitman fanboy influence but fortunately the guys in Montreal kept that to a minimum and gave us a solid game worthy of the Deus Ex name. The combat is a bit clunky and the sneaking could use a few touches here and there when it comes to sound detection.... yeah I could knock over a barrel and the guards would not even turn around. And the items are a bit ordinary. In the first DE you got this feeling of urgency where everyone is ill and terrorists threaten the survival of ... well everyone. HR however keeps things personal to the point where you are chasing your "EX-Girlfriends" killers. That didn't really help me get pulled in.... never liked that princess saving story line in mario so I don't see why it should be in DEHR.
    All that aside I had a tone of fun playing it and I don't see why anyone else would not. Things to note, long loading times, drops in frame rate in the vanilla version, low textures, clunky controls and that 3rd person cover mechanic does not belong in DEHR.
    The good parts: Lots of exploration, sneaking and stunning, lots of different approaches to the same situation and a good play time of 28 hours.

If you like your games immersive and romantic then this is your kind of game. It loves itself and the care the developers took to make it shows. If you are a cold heart-ed gun shooting, soldier loving gamer then this is not your bag.

Refer to Deus EX and Deus EX Invisible War.
    JC Denton lives forever.
  89. May 10, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best stealth game OR rampage shooter.
    You can get through this game with every playstyle you like.
    Rampaging with no mercy. Non-fatal weapons/melee attacks. Or passing all enemies without them even knowing. For almost every situation there is a smarter way to go than just running through wiht no brain. Great graphic and immersive gameplay, with lot's of side missions.
  90. Jul 13, 2013
    A fluid gameplay (which stumbles onto useless cinematic of "takedowns"), a rather linear scenario but broadened by possible personal choices. However, the general aesthetics is disturbing at first, dull in the end. On maximum difficulty, the game fails to provide real challenges. I am trying to avoid comparison to the initial sets but they had a real ambiance. By this one, paradoxically toA fluid gameplay (which stumbles onto useless cinematic of "takedowns"), a rather linear scenario but broadened by possible personal choices. However, the general aesthetics is disturbing at first, dull in the end. On maximum difficulty, the game fails to provide real challenges. I am trying to avoid comparison to the initial sets but they had a real ambiance. By this one, paradoxically to the scenario and how the hero is involved in the story, I failed to attach to his fate.

The good:
    - The fluidity of the gameplay
    - The quality of the graphics
    - The work on the characters

The bad:
    - The general ambiance
    - The somewhat linearity of the scenario
    - The constant short cinematic for the take-downs
    - I miss a good DLC (I won't go into critics of the missing link)
    - The repeatability of the strategy, or the dullness of the AI
  91. Aug 23, 2011
    Great game to kick off the Fall tidal wave of AAA title. The summer drought is over and what a way to get back in the action. Atmospheric, well written, detailed art design, custom-ability and a true choice of going stealth or balls out run and gun. The few minor quirks (some stiff animations) really are negligible. With the rumor of 40+ hour game play (including side quests) there is noGreat game to kick off the Fall tidal wave of AAA title. The summer drought is over and what a way to get back in the action. Atmospheric, well written, detailed art design, custom-ability and a true choice of going stealth or balls out run and gun. The few minor quirks (some stiff animations) really are negligible. With the rumor of 40+ hour game play (including side quests) there is no reason why a gamer would NOT pick this game up. Purchase, don't torrent! Support the dev! Expand
  92. Aug 24, 2011
    I am maybe halfway through the game, and I am more than convinced it has lived up to the original, Great Job Eidos Montreal! It feels like a proper PC game, which I for one am very thankful for, we've had far too many crappy ports.
  93. Aug 24, 2011
    An incredible game and the best this generation has to offer. A fantastic art style coupled with incredible gameplay and voice acting. My only words are buy it and you wont regret it.
  94. Sep 4, 2011
    Amazing game. This is exactly I wanted to play when bought Deus Ex: Inwisible war! Good story and one of the best gameplay ever. Best game of 2011! Best game for the last ten years!
  95. Aug 23, 2011
    Finaly, the decent follow up game to Deus ex(2k), much better then Deus ex iw. It's appealing to both fans and "not fans" of the series! The graphics are good, (not far cry 3 good, but still...), whats great about the game is that you can do almost what ever you want, you can pass the game by killing everyone or not. You can ally your self with diferent factions, you choosse how to play.Finaly, the decent follow up game to Deus ex(2k), much better then Deus ex iw. It's appealing to both fans and "not fans" of the series! The graphics are good, (not far cry 3 good, but still...), whats great about the game is that you can do almost what ever you want, you can pass the game by killing everyone or not. You can ally your self with diferent factions, you choosse how to play. And of course, the ending changes depending on what you do. Recomended game. Expand
  96. Aug 24, 2011
    I started the Deus Ex series from the beginning, rolled with the punches through the second, and have come to grips with the recently released DX:HR. To say the least, DX:HR is a great edition to the franchise series of Deus Ex, I have not gotten very far, as I am taking my time and learning the games setup, options, intrigue, and story as well as plot built into the games system throughI started the Deus Ex series from the beginning, rolled with the punches through the second, and have come to grips with the recently released DX:HR. To say the least, DX:HR is a great edition to the franchise series of Deus Ex, I have not gotten very far, as I am taking my time and learning the games setup, options, intrigue, and story as well as plot built into the games system through ebooks and emails. The writing and acting in the game is incredible, streaming an awesome cast and very neutral to aggressive outlook for the main character Adam Jenson allowing you to come to terms with the main character without feeling like not a part of the action. All aspects of this game is fun, from the hacking, social, combat, and stealth, everything comes together in a great combination that makes this a great game for the year. If this game doesn't have GOTY I will be greatly surprised. The only thing that seems to match this games integrety, complexity, gameplay, and story has yet to come out for another few months. And given this games capabilities and concepts, it will probably last just that long if not longer in my game collection as I roll through the games this year.
    II believe this game deserves a extra .5 added to the score, it soars way above my expectations of the game, and provides that little extra umph that I am glad I waited for.
  97. Aug 24, 2011
    Deus Ex Human Revolution lives up to Deus Ex name. Other than a few minor quibbles in regards to the gun play and character animations, this is gaming nirvana. The take-down moves, the third person cover system are well thought out, and well implemented. So for those who were worried that the third person cover system would ruin the "Deus Ex" experience.... fear not. The mood andDeus Ex Human Revolution lives up to Deus Ex name. Other than a few minor quibbles in regards to the gun play and character animations, this is gaming nirvana. The take-down moves, the third person cover system are well thought out, and well implemented. So for those who were worried that the third person cover system would ruin the "Deus Ex" experience.... fear not. The mood and atmosphere is top notch, the voice acting is very solid, and the story will sink it's teeth into you in no time.
    This game is well worth your time and money. I kid you not.
  98. Aug 24, 2011
    I reserved this game for the simple fact i thought it looked exciting and interesting. I'm the kinda guy who only buys games to sit on multiplayer with friends so this was a big risk for me. The only big single player games i had played were bioshock 1 and 2 and Farcry2. This game is by far one of the most exciting games ive played. It surrounds 3 major ways to play which entices all styleI reserved this game for the simple fact i thought it looked exciting and interesting. I'm the kinda guy who only buys games to sit on multiplayer with friends so this was a big risk for me. The only big single player games i had played were bioshock 1 and 2 and Farcry2. This game is by far one of the most exciting games ive played. It surrounds 3 major ways to play which entices all style of player and allows you to play stealthy or head on. If your looking for a good plot, graphic action scenes, and a game that leaves you in awe even after you've done what would seem repetitive in most games then this is a game for you. Ive never found the story mode of a game so interesting but im 2 hrs in and if i didnt have school id sit on it all night it just always has more to throw your way Expand
  99. Aug 24, 2011
    Easily one of the best games of the year so far, it takes everything that was great from the first Deus Ex and then makes it even better with the addition of the cover system, take downs, new speech system with augments and many many more, story is great, voice acting is solid and over all it runs very smooth.
  100. Aug 25, 2011
    This game has fulfilled all of the expectations I had leading up to it's release. I have enjoyed every aspect of the game and look forward to a second play through to use the augmentations I didn't choose the first time. I love the atmosphere that is created and completely loose myself while playing this game.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 30, 2011
    There are only a few games this year we suggest to 16-yrs old gamers and their fathers together. Human Revolution for sure is a Game of the Year nominee. [Oct 2011]
    So despite the odds being stacked against it, Eidos Montreal accomplished the impossible and brought us a Deus Ex in the true sense of the word, probably the best one that we could have hoped for considering the current "requirements" for being commercially successful nowadays.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 10, 2011
    A worthy successor to one of the greatest games ever. It offers a lot of choice on many levels and feels like an RPG from years past - in a very good way. One of the best, if not the best game of 2011. [Oct 2011]