Deus Ex: The Fall PC

2.9

1. Apr 13, 2016
    En términos simples, es una versión simplificada a más no poder del DE:HR, los gráficos son muy inferiores, las voces son malas, enemigos ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s, una historia que no engancha en nada. En fin, no he jugado la versión para IOS, pero creo que debió quedarse ahi y no sacar esta versión para PC. Ahora bien, si te gusta la saga y quieres simplemente jugarlo bien,yo eso es lo que estoyEn términos simples, es una versión simplificada a más no poder del DE:HR, los gráficos son muy inferiores, las voces son malas, enemigos ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s, una historia que no engancha en nada. En fin, no he jugado la versión para IOS, pero creo que debió quedarse ahi y no sacar esta versión para PC. Ahora bien, si te gusta la saga y quieres simplemente jugarlo bien,yo eso es lo que estoy haciendo y disfrutandolo lo más que pueda, sigue siendo disfrutable si esa es la disposición que tienes. Repito es una especie de juego simplifado, ahora bien cuando esté a 75% de descuento será un decent deal.

2. Oct 1, 2015
    Deus Ex: The Fall may have been a miracle on mobile devices, but you just have to realize how bad this game on PC is, and regret the time you've wasted on it.
  3. Jan 7, 2015
    I actually played this game shortly after it was released on pc but forgot all about until I was reminded of it recently. Its a s*** game with c*** story, main character, voice acting and pretty much everything else.
  4. Nov 15, 2014
    This isn't that bad of a game as some recent greenlits are, but still its length and quality asks for a sale. The music is great but the story is a bit shallow. Enemies are a bit annoying if you go on the stealth route because if they detect you even for a single frame as you shoot at them from cover, the alarm is raised instantly. Game settings are limited and apparenty doesn't support myThis isn't that bad of a game as some recent greenlits are, but still its length and quality asks for a sale. The music is great but the story is a bit shallow. Enemies are a bit annoying if you go on the stealth route because if they detect you even for a single frame as you shoot at them from cover, the alarm is raised instantly. Game settings are limited and apparenty doesn't support my monitor's native resolution so I had to play it in window. Graphics is limited but at least not demanding. In conclusion, it provides some fun for a couple of hours. Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2014
    Once you get past the mobile gimping and massive UI, this game isn't so bad in terms of story and functionality. I feel like this game could have delivered a lot more if it was a proper AAA release and didn't leave me with a "To Be Continued...".
  6. Sep 30, 2014
    Cons:
    -It's terrible
    -Bastardized the entire Deus Ex franchise
    -Why

Pros:
    -Runs at 250fps on average on my far below-average gaming rig

Just don't.
  7. Aug 13, 2014
    Well game is a great addition to the series. and be aware it is a port of a mobile game. but has cool scenarios and ambient music. i loved it, played on android and bought it for PC no regrets.
  8. Jul 22, 2014
    First of all, I picked a 10 to counter the 1's. Now what I think: This game seems to be compared to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, when it is just an ios game port. I played the game on iPad first, I really enjoyed it and the pixel density works really well with it, I could see that they implemented completely new graphical features to make up for the lack in size of the environments such asFirst of all, I picked a 10 to counter the 1's. Now what I think: This game seems to be compared to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, when it is just an ios game port. I played the game on iPad first, I really enjoyed it and the pixel density works really well with it, I could see that they implemented completely new graphical features to make up for the lack in size of the environments such as the smoke, snow, and reflection on floors. Why do I like this port so much? Becuase I actually enjoy the environment and the atmosphere. The cityscapes are pretty, the mission areas are designed well like old shooters relied on; they fill the screen with lots of cool things from every angle. The story gives insight on the bosses you fight in HR and I was surprised to take on a protagonist who has been so close to the enemy. Playing it on pc is much easier to handle but some of the resources are only 720p (splash screen). The music sounds fresh and immediately drags me into the world I love. The gameplay is simplified for the sake of the iPad ~ so as a PC port, you shouldn't expect the graphics to be overly expanded on, nor should you expect the gameplay to be expanded since they would have to rebuild the entire game using DE:HR resources. Overall, I am glad they made this, it is not a disappointment, it was not a waste of time, it is another piece of DE to slake my thirst. Expand
  9. Jul 19, 2014
    This game is a bad, no doubt about it. But I really like Deus Ex and its RPG mechanics so I strangely found myself enjoying my time with The Fall. The graphics are terrible, the voice acting is average, the story is uninteresting, the gameplay (especially gunplay) is worse than Human Revolution, the skill tree is far simpler, the economy is simpler, everything is basically a downgrade. YetThis game is a bad, no doubt about it. But I really like Deus Ex and its RPG mechanics so I strangely found myself enjoying my time with The Fall. The graphics are terrible, the voice acting is average, the story is uninteresting, the gameplay (especially gunplay) is worse than Human Revolution, the skill tree is far simpler, the economy is simpler, everything is basically a downgrade. Yet I enjoyed my time once I got to the main hub of Panama City. It took me less than 5 hours to finish the game using stealth and not killing anyone and getting all the achievements. It's not a long game and if you intend on getting it, wait until it is on sale for less than $3. Expand
  10. May 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just finished the game.It's a copy paste of Human Revolution, the story has short length, the AI is bad, the graphics are kinda better than Human Revolution, game-play is just like Human Revolution but worse, some controls are different than Human Revolution.I gave it a 5 because of it's RPG mechanics. Expand
  11. May 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It sets out to bring the Deus Ex experience to the IOS market, and succeeded in doing that. That is, it succeeded in bringing a very small, cut down, simplified version of the Deus Ex experience that lasts 5-6 hours and consists of a tutorial, a lengthy chat with your friend, and ONE hub area.

Visually, I think the only upgrades provided for the port are MSAA and resolution selection. With the tablet-optimized graphics, you could set the resolution to 640x480 and fool yourself into thinking you're playing a PS2 game with some bloom and some Doom-3-on-Xbox-quality per-pixel lighting on Ben Saxon's face. It apparently runs on Unity as well.

Story-wise, it's ok until the end. Not nearly on the level of even Invisible War, the previous bastard child of the series, but passable... until it just abruptly ends with a cliffhanger for a sequel/episode 2 that may or may not even happen, with no main-quest plot threads tied up whatsoever. Oh, and as an added bonus, nothing you do with your augmentations or weapons in the prologue carries over to the rest of the game, so save your credits!

Control-wise, it's a mess. In porting, the developers decided not to bother with customization support, so you're stuck with the defaults. Admittedly, its defaults do line up with a lot of other games' default controls. Mouse sensitivity is the biggest offender here, as vertical and horizontal are not in sync with each other (with no separate control option) and mouse smoothing is most certainly in effect.

Hate in-app purchases? Guess what- they're still here! Near as I can tell they're in-game money only now, which is far less awful, but it's also the only way to acquire equipment that isn't laying around. Need credits? They're everywhere, and you can even get some just by offing civilians. Just don't expect to know how much a weapon upgrade costs unless you have enough money to afford it AND start the buying process, as it won't tell you otherwise.

Overall, it's... ok. Something to pick up and rush through when it's on sale, but nothing great. Hell, for better value, you could instead just pick up The Missing Link DLC for Human Revolution or play Deus Ex: Nihilum, which give you more of a proper Deus Ex feel with a much better cost-value ratio.
  12. May 3, 2014
    This game is absolutely terrible, and it kills me to have to say that about a Deus Ex game. I don't think I've played a buggier game in my life. The bugs and broken mechanics will nearly FORCE you to not finish it. The worst PC ported game of the decade. Stick to a mobile device for this game, not the PC.
  13. Apr 29, 2014
    I want to like this game because I like the Deus Ex story, but Deus Ex: The Fall is riddled with bugs. I don't even care about the ugly NPC models or cheesy voice acting! I would be happy if the game didn't teleport me when I climbed ladders or jumped over objects. Do yourself a favor and just read the story bits on the net. I don't typically have technical issues with PC games and I'mI want to like this game because I like the Deus Ex story, but Deus Ex: The Fall is riddled with bugs. I don't even care about the ugly NPC models or cheesy voice acting! I would be happy if the game didn't teleport me when I climbed ladders or jumped over objects. Do yourself a favor and just read the story bits on the net. I don't typically have technical issues with PC games and I'm fairly confident in my ability to operate a computer and resolve technical issues, but Deus Ex: The Fall is blatantly broken and, as I write this, the game has been on Steam for almost 1.5 months and no updates have been made to the game.

Really want this game? Buy it super cheap and save often. Don't save when you're stuck in a wall; reloading doesn't fix that. Set your sound device to stereo to fix the audio problems.
  14. Apr 22, 2014
    Did i just wake up in 1990?Pixels the size of my head.I regret playing this game/large pixel orgy...or whatever they wanna call it."Let's take this ios game, tune down the graphics and port it to pc".Shame on You!!!
  15. Apr 15, 2014
    THE one thing that truly screws this game is the fact you can not map your keys, your stuck with the devs choice of keys which is so dam antiquated! This alone completely broke the game for me. I don't mind the other little things, its an ios port so its no surprise it falls short of a Full PC Game release. Should have kept the price under £5 though.
  16. TBM
    Apr 11, 2014
    Just buy Icarus Effect book instead. You get better graphics, frame rate and voice acting in your head from reading the book compared to playing this tragedy.
  17. Apr 8, 2014
    Deus Ex: The Fail offers:
    * Hand holding tutorials
    * Vanishing corpses * Zero hit registry and detection and horrible combat * Unresponsive controls * Thousands of bugs, including overlapping audio. * Amateur voice acting * Convenient cheat menu to spawn weapons, grenades and ammo whenever, wherever. Basically, everything that would ruin a perfectly good game like Deus Ex. Great
    Deus Ex: The Fail offers:
    * Hand holding tutorials
    * Vanishing corpses
    * Zero hit registry and detection and horrible combat
    * Unresponsive controls
    * Thousands of bugs, including overlapping audio.
    * Amateur voice acting
    * Convenient cheat menu to spawn weapons, grenades and ammo whenever, wherever.

Basically, everything that would ruin a perfectly good game like Deus Ex. Great job, Square. Start milking this franchise like you did with Final Fantasy.
  18. Apr 4, 2014
    If you are a fan of the original Deus Ex or indeed Human revolution... you will be terribly disappointed if you have the misfortune to play this game. The broken combat and gunplay render it basically unplayable and the the poor overall texture quality made me want to squint. I know the game is an IOS port but still the fact that it was made available for the PC in it's current state is anIf you are a fan of the original Deus Ex or indeed Human revolution... you will be terribly disappointed if you have the misfortune to play this game. The broken combat and gunplay render it basically unplayable and the the poor overall texture quality made me want to squint. I know the game is an IOS port but still the fact that it was made available for the PC in it's current state is an absolute disgrace. Myself and thousands of other Deus Ex fans demand a better game that lives up to the original Deus Ex which was in my opinion one of the best games of all time. This is an abomination and should be avoided at all costs. Expand
  19. Mar 21, 2014
    Ok. This is my first Dues Ex gameplay. I have to say I'm horribly disappointed. I know this is an iOS/android "port" but seriously...they could have worked on it a little more for the PC.

Cons: First off the character models are horrible. With today's technology it could have been much better. The game is VERY short....I'm guessing DLC's will extend it but my opinion is wait for the

Cons:
    The game is VERY short....I'm guessing DLC's will extend it but my opinion is wait for the bundle sale so you get a complete game.
    The world is tiny...very tiny.

Pros:
    The Praxiss options are awesome.
    The combat is very precise and responsive.

Now I will attempt Human Revolution and hopefully it will be better...and if so I will return to edit this last part. But until then...Dues Ex looks to be a horrible game.
  20. Mar 20, 2014
    I dont have a good android/ios device to play this game but now im playing this game in 16inch android/ios device(my pc). i dont care about reviews this game is good for 10$ and has some good stealth and rpg mechanics
  21. Mar 19, 2014
    Horrible port with horrible textures on Unity web engine ! Don't waste your money, matter of fact you would even waste your time and bandwidth downloading a bootleg. If you think this will be somehow a similar experience to HR forget it ! Only thing those two games have in common is the golden filter...

22. Mar 19, 2014
    Deus Ex: The FaIl (with a big I in the title) is probably the worst PC port Ive ever seen. The graphical options consist of AA and V-Sync, which is perhaps fine because the game looks like CRAP anyway. There is completely NO difference between iOS and PC version. It looks bad even for an iPad game. And you might call me a console peasant so Im not a graphics whore. The animation is alsoDeus Ex: The FaIl (with a big I in the title) is probably the worst PC port Ive ever seen. The graphical options consist of AA and V-Sync, which is perhaps fine because the game looks like CRAP anyway. There is completely NO difference between iOS and PC version. It looks bad even for an iPad game. And you might call me a console peasant so Im not a graphics whore. The animation is also terrible and almost every piece of it was scrapped from Human Revolution, so the walking here seems worse than it was in Doom. The combat is filled with so many dumbed down mechanics of Human Revolution and those that werent dumbed down dont bloody work! You now have the revolutionary option to buy items at any place, making exploration basically meaningless. The user interface seems unchanged to the touch screen counter parts and is a horror to navigate through. The mouse controls in the game are almost worse than if you would play on the touch screen. Maybe the controller would work better but I havent tried that. This game is a piece of horse**** and completely ruins the reputation of Square Enix and all other companies involved in this PC port atrocity. Shame on you, Square. Expand
  23. Mar 19, 2014
    I'm going to keep it short and simple:
    Steer clear of this game! It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I couldn't even get through the tutorial because the mechanics made me rage...
  24. Mar 19, 2014
    I really enjoyed Deus Ex HR and went into this game expecting a similar experience. Sadly, the game just feels clunky in many ways, even beyond the mobile-oriented graphics.

The dialogs often feel forced and are ruined by badly fitting music. The assassination scene in the tutorial mission completely broke my immersion by continuing to play the music used through the mission, which made me wonder if anyone actually played the game before release. "Stay on alert" music just doesn't do the job if you're trying to get emotionally involved in a scene.

The interface is counterintuitive with a series of "quick" keys that end up requiring several clicks and offers no customization of controls or ability to organize saves. If you want to start over, you'll have to manually delete the savefile, which is pretty well hidden.

The game feels "on rails". The player can't jump, bodies disappear after a few seconds, and gameplay early on is repeatedly interrupted by the most obvious of hints (Stuck? Try pressing WASD to move!). Graphical glitches and bad design (buttons appearing out of nowhere, invisible walls) are common.

I remember buying imitation of a brand product I liked by mistake a few years ago and slowly realizing that not only did it not hold up to the original, I didn't even like it on its own merits. Sadly, that's kinda how I feel about this game. Considering that I held Eidos Montreal in very high regard after the release of DE:HR, I'm disappointed with their execution of this title.

I think it would've been smarter to aim for a $20-30 price point and develop in parallel for both PC and mobile platforms, rather than porting a severely limited game to the PC. This is clearly going to confuse players who don't expect a mobile port and, imho, waters down the IP as a whole.
  25. Mar 18, 2014
    I won't be the last to say Deus Ex: The Fail. This is the worst thing that I have ever spent money on and I even once bought a kick in the balls. I realised something was up when I couldn't redefine keys and I'm ending there as expending any further energy on this 'game' would be too painful
  26. Mar 18, 2014
    This is by far one of the worst video games I have ever played, this bearing the Deus Ex title is a complete joke.
    Horrible story telling, some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard. lazy and boring ever from Jean reno.
    The visuals are a joke and i came in expectin so little from a Mobile port, Like 2007 era games look beter and the character models here look so bad. jagged horrible.
    The game is so badly ported to pc, the controls are horrible and feel Slow.
    I put the mouse senetivity to the highest setting 10, yet i still have to shove my mouse hard to look around
    the tutorial is told to you by a horrible english lady like you are a **** child. it feels more like an educational style thing really.
    like something told to autistic shool children. the npcs looks dopey and just stand there. the gun animations are horrible. swapping weapon is such a hassle. the game plays like Human Rev if you slowed it down by about 200 times and made it chugg along horribly. This game made me feel physically sick and im not joking here. I played 15 mins did not beat the tutorial mission but i just cant. this is so so so bad. and ive played bad pc ports. i got to the part where you threw a grenade for the first time. if you are unfortnate enough to be a **** Idiot like me and own this. if you progress further you are a much stonger man than me. im feel really sick.
  27. Mar 18, 2014
    Cheap iOS port of a pc game = painfully inadequate as a PC game. Especially for a major publisher.
    Embarrassing for all parties involved and a disservice to the brand.
    +1 since it is (mostly) functional, and +1 for the glimpses of DE:HR atmosphere.
    Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
  28. Mar 18, 2014
    It is good to play DE:TF on my iPad, not on my top PC.
    It is bad, very very bad. Please, make the second episode, not the port!
    I Think, that it is made only for money.
  29. Mar 18, 2014
    If you have played Deus Ex: Human Revolution and wish for more of that high quality experience, don't play this game. This game is a complete tone down of everything we like about DXHR. Its like a 2010 game brought back at least 10 to 20 years in terms of technology. While such graphics, animations etc would triumph on an ipad, it is completely indigestible on PC. Seeing some familiarIf you have played Deus Ex: Human Revolution and wish for more of that high quality experience, don't play this game. This game is a complete tone down of everything we like about DXHR. Its like a 2010 game brought back at least 10 to 20 years in terms of technology. While such graphics, animations etc would triumph on an ipad, it is completely indigestible on PC. Seeing some familiar faces from DXHR along with the atmospheric DXHR music is just about the only thing that is good about this game. However, if you take into consideration its price... well, what more can you expect at that price? Expand
  30. Mar 18, 2014
    Embarrassing for all parties involved and a disservice to the brand.
    Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

1. Nov 26, 2014
    This was supposed to be the first entry into an episodic game, but there are currently no announced continuations, and it is doubtful any who played this game are eager for more.
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 23, 2014
    It was a good enough mobile game, but on PC it’s terrible, devoid of everything that made Human Revolution a success. [06/2014, p.61]
  3. May 14, 2014
    During it's four hours, Deus Ex: The Fall, presents a watered down, effectively castrated version of all the elements that made Human Revolution a true modern gaming classic. It may look like Deus Ex in a few strategically taken screenshots, but the actual experience is anything but. You will keep playing, desperately hoping for the glimpses of genius that are alluded to as part of the regular franchise, but real PC gamers should stay well away from this cheap cash-in that only tarnishes the reputation of one of the most sterling franchises in gaming.