Deus Ex PC

9.2

1. Apr 10, 2017
    A l'époque je n'avais pas un PC à même de le faire tourner de manière satisfaisante, alors je m'étais rabattu sur la version PS2. C'était graphiquement supportable avec un framerate plus ou moins honnête mais les niveaux étaient bien plus découpés que sur PC avec des temps de chargement importants entre eux.

Par ailleurs, la manette PS2 n'a jamais été très maniable pour les FPS !

Par ailleurs, la manette PS2 n'a jamais été très maniable pour les FPS ! toujours est-il que dans le genre infiltration cyberpunk avec une partie RPG (si l'on peut dire) assez développée, Deus Ex PS2 reste une adaptation console très correcte et un jeu agréable et novateur malgré quelques longueurs et redondances.
  2. Jan 21, 2017
    Deus Ex in my opinion is the greatest game of all time.

A mix of system shock, splinter cell and half life. This RPG/Action/Stealth game was revolutionary when it came out and there is honestly no game like this in this generation. Even the other Deus Ex games don't hold up to this masterpiece and I'll explain why. Firstly the mission and level design is some of the greatest I've
    Deus Ex in my opinion is the greatest game of all time.

Firstly the mission and level design is some of the greatest I've ever seen and they it's the same as in hitman 2: Silent Assassin. The missions are based of hub levels and they really aren't linear when you approach these missions. For example in the new york mission to find the NSF's generator, you must find out which building it is in. Use the map as a clue, talk to people and to find a back door to the path of the building and once you do that, you can approach the building however you want. You can go through the front doors or go around the back and even the rooftops. You have so many options to approach these missions that they give a lot of replaybility for these type of levels. Sure some hubs are smaller and more straightforward (Ocean lab, Area 51) But generally the hubs (no matter how big or small.) It leaves a bunch of room to approach a mission however you want. And plus in the bigger hubs, you can do a ton of exploration as well.

Secondly the story is prefect and memorable (probably due to nostalgia) Unlike the Prequels, the first Deus Ex really shines on it's storytelling, with it's character development, dialogue & the controversial topics, the game really excels in the storytelling department. The prequels fail on this because due to the fact that many of it's controversial topics were limited and the lack of an interesting villain wasn't present. DX doesn't hold back on the storytelling, the story will keep you engaged from start to finish.

Overall this has to be the best game I've ever played, with it's numerous gameplay possibilities and it's excellent storytelling, usually I have something negative but not this review, this game ran flawlessly and I found zero problems with the story and gameplay. I find the game to be shorter than the prequels but I find it to be at it's sweet spot on it's length. This game deserves to be GOAT even if others don't agree we can say it's one of the best. Look at the reviews, people love this game, it's a cult following pretty much.

I'd seriously recommend this game to everyone.
  3. Dec 15, 2016
    Great game. Best FPS - RPG of all the time. Great combitation of all: heroes charisma, interesting gameplay and clever RPG - system. Only two sins - stupid II and graphics, but it's so small fee for all brilliance of this game. And if even 16, 30, 50 years past - you must play it. 10/10
  4. Oct 18, 2016
    I'm not surprised why people are so emotionally attached to the deus ex series. It's so uncanny how Square Enix managed to do a game that would be rated with a decent number even nowadays. You have got 3 possible endings, incredibly good sneaking mechanic, interesting locations and intriguing plot. Every mission have you right there where you should be. JC, it was a pleasure.
  5. Oct 12, 2016
    Oh oh, I'm one of those who's very enthusiastic about this game, but due to its implementation I cannot give it a high score.

First things first and that the game looked really good in its day and now with mods (Revision) it looks still very acceptable on my Windows 7 based HAL-9000. Even more important, it's such an original concept. Original as in having a storyline, intelligent conversations, relative lots of gaming-hours and lots of ways to fulfill your missions. You can go almost entirely stealth (no casualties), non-lethal stealth, non-lethal action, lethal action and everything in between. I went for both Deus Ex and DX2 stealth non-lethal. It was super rewarding.

But Deus Ex has a grand weakness and that is that the abilities you have are not very useful, especially if you go stealth non-lethal. At the end of this lengthy game, I still didn't memorize the hotkeys for special abilities (The F-keys are reserved for this and they are in plain view too!). Imagine how little I cared for my special abilities. I notice many reviewers have the same complaint.

Next thing is that special abilities use a lot of energy and there's not enough energy re-supply available so that was totally uncool. If you know the map, i.e. having played this game before then it's obviously far easier, but going stealth non-lethal the first time is resource intensive and I wasn't catered towards this style. Almost all of my problems were solved by crouching behind a guard (crouching makes you still catch up with walking guards) and knock-him or taser him unconscious Rarely was a special ability needed.

Finally, you keep pushing those F-keys. Things like strength could have easily been made a passive ability, but everything you did was a drain on your resources which demanded continuous on-off switching. You feel like a beginning piano-player. It broke the immersion for me many times.

It's exactly because my biomodified person was mostly reduced to a crouching "slap-em-unconscious-on-the-back" I gave it only a 6/10. What's the point of being special when your special abilities aren't very useful and labor intensive to use. DX2 fixed this and as opposed to many other gamers, I feel DX2 is actually better. Frankly even the interface is better in my view.

So there it is, a wonderful game, but the special abilities - what it does, how it works and how much it drains - needs an overhaul.
  6. Aug 27, 2016
    A fantastic RPG that holds up in most areas but there are some that it doesn't. Onto the review then

Pros: -the atmosphere is great. Not even the awful graphics can ruin the atmosphere that Deus Ex has. From dark gloomy streets to underground bases everything looks as detailed as it could be with that engine. -The story while it certainly won't win any awards is still a pretty decent

Pros:
    -The story while it certainly won't win any awards is still a pretty decent story. I'm not gonnas spoil it since i'm not that type of guy but it's a pretty good story non the less
    -let's get to the part of this game that has held up without any flaw...the gameplay. Deus Ex is a stealth game through and through. Oh sure you can try and shoot people...which will work for about 5 minutes until they gang up on you. The best way to play is to be stealthy an let me tell you..this game delivers. Deus Ex is up there with the thief games for some of the best stealth in videogames. It is truly remarkable top see a game that's 16 years old have better gameplay then it's 2016 counterpart (Mankind Divided ) But sadly i've gotta be brutally honest on a certain aspect of the game and i think you'll agree with me

Cons:
    -The graphics. they..they're...they're just awful..like wow are they awful. Like Half Life 1 came out in 1998 and that game has way better graphics then this. I'm not a graphics freak but this is just embarrasing.

In conclusion Deus Ex is an awful looking but good playing masterpiece. If you can look past the terrible graphics and if you like stealth games this is right up your alley.
  7. Aug 25, 2016
    a game that has managed to stay in my 'top 5' for over 15 years

if you haven't played it all the way through at least once you really, truly, are missing out
  8. Jun 7, 2016
    The story is interesting. The Ai intelligence is bad. They are foolish, but expectable for a 2000's game. I never see so much cats, rats and homeless in one game. There is praiseworthy skill system for a 2000's RPG. This game is fun.
  9. May 9, 2016
    Do you want to run in the firefight, guns blazing, or do you want to sneak around and flank? Do you want to snipe? Or maybe you want to hack some terminals and get droid reinforcement? Or, what if you talked to that NPC guard over there and convince his team to take a lunch break? Deus Ex’s world is so freeform that the choices seem endless.

While it looks like a shooter, Deus Ex is all

While it looks like a shooter, Deus Ex is all about role-playing elements. Fire a gun you’re not skilled in and your aim won’t matter—you’ll most likely miss. The leveling system rewards experimentation, and some of the later upgrades make your Denton feel like a superhero. Even the weapons you use can be modified and “leveled up,” turning a standard issue pistol into an unstoppable killing tool. The attention to detail here is perfect, and no one element of the game ever truly feels forced.

Deus Ex’s world is built to reward exploring every dark alley and ventilation system, because you never know where you’ll find a new clue. And there are a lot of clues -every note you find or sign you see seems to hint at some new conspiracy, and we love how the alliances in the game feel constantly in flux. The NPCs you meet are just believable enough to make this conspiracy-laden world feel lived-in. Human Revolution looks better, but this is the smarter, more open-ended game.
  10. Apr 15, 2016
    Me volo la cabeza, lo juegue en el 2003 y desde ese entonces cada ves que pienso en el una parta de mi se queda en blanco y la otra retrocede en el tiempo a aquellas tardes con mi pentium 4. El mejor juego de la historia.
  11. Dec 25, 2015
    If you know your PC classics, you know Deus Ex. Flawlessly combining Role-playing, FPS, and Stealth in a dystopian future makes it a truly unique experience. Deus Ex definitely ranks up there with the PC greats.
  12. Nov 22, 2015
    Boy, when this hit, it hit us Gamers hard! I'll be lying if i say i was prepared for such grandiosity. Extremely high replay value, awesome story (just the type that hits my spot), excellent writing, memorable characters, sweet sweet gameplay, augmentations!!! Aaaaagh!!! :D
    Love from first sight :)
  13. Nov 11, 2015
    I'm not surprising anyone when I say it's one of the best games of all time. Everyone has already said it.

This game more than deserves it's high review scores.
  14. Nov 11, 2015
    A game that makes you think outside the box.

A game that makes you think outside the box.

Deus Ex is just a pleasure to play, never once do you get frustrated at the game, every mistake is your fault. Is it faultless? No, but that doesn't make it any less of a masterpiece. Deus Ex has such a riveting story with so many intriguing characters most notably Morgan Everett and Walton Simons that will keep you engrossed for your entire playthrough. The gameplay is also superb allowing for many different experiences each playthrough as there are so many ways to complete an objective. You can kill, knock out or simply avoid your enemies, the choice is yours. There's also many ways to get to your objective.

The graphics are obviously outdated (but it kinda has it's own charm) but with the OpenGL renderer the game still plays like a dream and I was using fairly meh integrated graphics on my Linux PC, I would go against using the DirectX renderer, even on Windows, runs like total balls. The soundtrack is also wonderful and adds even more immersion to the levels, my personal favourite being Enemy Within. The voice acting is awful, but has a charm and I actually like the way it is as opposed to Human Revolution.

Just get this game. It's one of, if not the greatest PC games of all time. If you don't like it.... "What a shame"

P.S. I encountered a game breaking glitch where everyone in my save was aggro at me, this could simply be due to using Ubuntu to play this game using Wine, but my advice, save a lot. The glitch set me back 45 mins.
  15. Nov 5, 2015
    this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game isthis game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great!this game is great! it's great! and it's great! Expand
  16. Nov 3, 2015
    I Complete this game 01.11.15 (two days ago)

I Complete this game 01.11.15 (two days ago)

Some will say this game is one of the best pc games ever if not the best game ever made. I can`t argue with neither. I certainly think it is the best pc game ever, and arguably the best game ever made (the only game that i may say is better no matter platform is persona 4 golden). NB: I have yet to completed planescape tornment but, those 8 hrs i have played is absolutely brilliant.

Over to deus ex. While the graphics isnt top notch and the gameplay may have some errors/bugs not that i found any or anything wrong with the gameplay that in anyway bothered me.

And for a fps/rpg/stealth hybrid the story is fantastic and while it is perhaps not the best story in a video game is still a very well written and told story with well written dialogue between npc`s. Some of the locations and environments you visit is done in a brilliant way.

But there is three reasons this game shines and is for me the best game that i have ever probably played. For one the plot themes it takes is some of the best parts in the game, along with the freedom of choice, both in how you want to play and in choises with npc. You can play the game non lethal and lethally with one or two exploits you can complete the game without killing anyone and lastly the universe and how the characthers look and are is done in a magnificent way.

Did i mention the music, the score is brilliant well done it helps in a very good way to immerse yourself in the world.

This is one of the few games i have played that has pulled me so well into the world, into the characters and the locations.
  17. Jul 27, 2015
    Eidos Interactive's fps/rpg hybrid masterpiece is the Mona Lisa of video games. Even today, Deus Ex impresses with it's incredible freedom and intelligent design. There are seemingly limitless ways to play the game and the challenge of finding the best way to suit your play style is endlessly rewarding and fun. Few games rival Deus Ex in terms of depth, even fifteen years down the line.
  18. Jul 13, 2015
    OVERVIEW
    A story-heavy FPS with platforming, stealth and RPG elements.
    PRESENTATION - 8 Graphics aren't great technically (it looks like the first Unreal Tournament from 1999), and almost no objects have physics. But aesthetically, everything fits the cyberpunk themes really well, music is great, and all lines are voice-acted (a big deal back then). The story is superb, the greatest
    OVERVIEW
    A story-heavy FPS with platforming, stealth and RPG elements.

PRESENTATION - 8
    Graphics aren't great technically (it looks like the first Unreal Tournament from 1999), and almost no objects have physics. But aesthetically, everything fits the cyberpunk themes really well, music is great, and all lines are voice-acted (a big deal back then). The story is superb, the greatest blend of conspiracy theories ever in a single product, and with a better understanding of the philosophy of technology than anything in the 15 years since. What's great about all the optional flavor-text is half of it is actually gameplay-relevant, giving you codes and passwords, which encouraged you to talk to everyone and read everything.

CONTROLS - 8
    FPS controls are smooth, and you can interact with everything in the world with just a right mouse button click. The game is hard: sights take way too long to become accurate unless you pour upgrade points into that weapon system, the "tranquilizer" causes enemies to run around for 10 seconds shooting back at you before they keel over, and the only other nonlethal knockout option besides tranq darts requires (very) limited ammo. Both violent and nonviolent options are difficult: you have limited inventory options, and the every "Augmentation" option excludes a different Aug, so you are constantly making meaningful choices. But since the game allows quicksaving/quickloading, and you never feel lost in terms of what to do next, it all works brilliantly despite the complexity.

DESIGN - 10
    What makes the game is that every encounter or puzzle has multiple solutions. When most (including Deus Ex's sequels) games say "multiple ways to play," they really mean 3 ways to play: 1)stealth around enemies' lines of sight 2)snipe enemies from hiding with a sniper rifle or silenced pistol or 3)kill everything like you're playing a shooter. You can do that in Deus Ex 1, but you can also talk your way out of situations, lay traps, stack crates (they can obscure cameras), jump around obstacles or hack camera/turret systems; all of those are also solutions to boss battles. Every room has at least 3 means of entry/exit, so while in most games "exploration" would mean "not knowing where to go," in Deus Ex it's almost impossible to get lost because there are so many different ways to get to the objective you stumble across it automatically. You choose your preferred gameplay style by picking which superpowers and skills (i.e., super-jumping will assist the platforming route) you upgrade. If you miss the document with the secret code to the locked door, it doesn't matter, because you can lockpick it open, blast it open, or get inside the warehouse through a different route. The game is also brilliantly adaptive; normally when a game is "realistic" it means the Shenmue-open-world system of having a bunch of irrelevant interactive minigames that delay your progress; here, realism means letting you choose your path and actions and having characters react to it realistically. You can kill allies, but they'll shoot back.
    My favorite part was at a ramp (leading to an optional arms merchant with good stuff for sale) protected by a laser tripwire that would release a robot drone when triggered. I kept reloading that section, testing out different ways to get past it, just for fun: 1)trigger the 'bot and shoot it out 2) lay an EMP or explosive mine on the wall, trigger the bot and it would roll right into the trap and kill itself 3) if you talked to the right person earlier in the level, he would give you a code to the nearby panel to disable the tripwire 4) you could use multitools to hack the panel, fewer multitools if you invested in the computers skill 5) using the speed augmentation, you could run past, triggering the bot but escape before it shot you 6)using either a stealth camo item pickup or the stealth augmentation, you could walk through the tripwire without triggering it 7) by stacking crates (easier if you got the muscle augmentation to lift the heavier crates) you could build a little staircase to walk over the tripwire without triggering it 8) with the superjump augmentation you could leap the tripwire without triggering it 9) If you placed a crate in the path of the tripwire, it would trigger, but you could hide, and after the bot returned to its original waiting position, the tripwire would only extend until the position of the crate, which interrupted it; then you could walk between the crate and the wall without triggering the tripwire 10) there was a nearby vent that let you bypass the ramp entirely.

LEGACY - What I would have liked for the sequel would be better graphics, physics, and improved enemy AI. We got that, but in the grand tradition of sequels having fewer gameplay mechanics, the newer Deus Ex games are merely shooters with a stealth option and more dialogue choices than in most games. Deus Ex 1 stands alone, and it is a must-play for any videogame fan.
  19. Apr 19, 2015
    Just played it for the first time this year (2015) and I loved it. Yes the graphics haven't aged well. But besides that, this game gives you so much freedom even compared to games of today. Plus the story is one of the most interesting in gaming history. My opinion, get a graphics mod (New Vision) and play Deus Ex if you haven't yet. You won't regret it.
  20. Apr 4, 2015
    The best game I would recommend anyone! seriously, the story and everything about it is brilliant. The game is all about fighting crime to get down to the bottom of things, with your augmentation, you are JC denton!
  21. Feb 21, 2015
    Hands down, most enjoyable game I've ever played. Okay it looks a little dated, but it's 15 years old so what do you expect? In the early stages of that game I thought it a perfectly normal stealthy shooter type game. Then the plot really got going and totally gripped me. Visiting Hong Kong for the first time REALLY impressed me, I'd ever explored such an "alive" environment before. GamesHands down, most enjoyable game I've ever played. Okay it looks a little dated, but it's 15 years old so what do you expect? In the early stages of that game I thought it a perfectly normal stealthy shooter type game. Then the plot really got going and totally gripped me. Visiting Hong Kong for the first time REALLY impressed me, I'd ever explored such an "alive" environment before. Games just didn't do that back in 2000. So far ahead of it's time. Expand
  22. Jan 3, 2015
    One of my all time favorite games. The story is incredibly immersive and and has a well polished, player driven plot. You actually feel like your choices matter and the consequences of your mistakes can be heartbreaking. The character development is extremely well polished and drives the player to become emotionally invested in the a number of their digital comrades. I've replayed thisOne of my all time favorite games. The story is incredibly immersive and and has a well polished, player driven plot. You actually feel like your choices matter and the consequences of your mistakes can be heartbreaking. The character development is extremely well polished and drives the player to become emotionally invested in the a number of their digital comrades. I've replayed this game from start to end more times than I can count and it seems that every time I play, I discover new ground. What I truly love about this game are the choices that you might not even realize you have after a single play through. Characters you thought were doomed to die for the sake of the plot can be saved and objectives that you were not aware of on a first time play through present themselves with a little more exploring.

Because the game is pushing 15 years, the graphics and mechanics are nowhere near up to par with modern games, but the player driven story is better than any game I've played its release.
  23. Nov 13, 2014
    I finally played and finished this great cyberpunk themed FPS-RPG-stealth hybrid genre classic. You are JC Denton, international United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition (UNATCO) peace force agent fighting NFS terrorist organization in dystopian 2052 New York. New, unknown virus ("the grey death"), widespread zyme drug addiction, police curfew are the reality. You aren't just a regularI finally played and finished this great cyberpunk themed FPS-RPG-stealth hybrid genre classic. You are JC Denton, international United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition (UNATCO) peace force agent fighting NFS terrorist organization in dystopian 2052 New York. New, unknown virus ("the grey death"), widespread zyme drug addiction, police curfew are the reality. You aren't just a regular person, you are nano-augmented. This means you have bionic upgrades giving you almost superhuman capabilities in some fields.

The game has some first person shooter qualities. There are multiple types of firearms including pistols, shotguns, sniper and assault rifles, experimental plasma guns, tranquilizer darts and various melee weapons including swords, batons, crowbars and knives. You can also use various grenades and explosives. But here come the RPG qualities: you are initially inexperienced with all of these weapons and as the game progresses you need to choose skills to upgrade. How about some stealth? You don't have to upgrade your fighting skills. You can upgrade swimming, lockpicking and hacking. Deus Ex is not-so-linear and usually you have more than one way to finish a level. Fighting is one option, but usually you can also crawl into ventilation ducts, climb some ladders, jump some containers and find yourself on the other side without having killed a single person (or bot).

Along with upgrading your skills, you choose and upgrade your bionic augmentations. Your game tactics will depend on implants you choose. There are 18 types of implants, but you only have 9 slots. You get to decide whether you prefer to install Speed Enhancement or Run Silent implant. Will you need Ballistic Protection (reduced bullet damage) or EMP Shield (protection from electrocution which is used by some bots)? To use your augmentations you need to use bioelectrical energy and you need to plan carefully, because it has limits.

JC Denton will discover conspiracy, traitors, surprising allies in many locations, all of them with neo-noir feel. New York City, Hong Kong (think Blade Runner), Paris, Area 51, ships, hotels, underwater labs. The plot is really long, has many surprise twists and gives you multiple choices, including three quite different endings. Music is quite cool and fits the atmosphere of the locations. Graphics... well, the game was released in 2000, so it's a little disappointing as of 2014, but if you can get over average graphics, Deus Ex is amazingly immersing.
  24. Oct 29, 2014
    All i have to say about Deus Ex is that it is my 58 times that i replay this awesome game and that i am still finding new ways to play it ! I hope that one day i will found a other game like it !
  25. Oct 22, 2014
    When I played the game in 2000, is was unsurpassed. Then I played it again a few years later, and recently too, 14 years after it was released. This time round, I downloaded some graphic mods which lessened the impact of outdated graphics.

The verdict? Still the best PC game ever. The plot, the dark atmosphere of a civilisation spiralling into chaos, the conspiracy theories, the level design-it is simply amazing and nothing since has compared to it, period.

Minor gripes are the character model quality and animations are still that of a 14 year old game, but really, it is still top!
  26. Aug 5, 2014
    No words can do this masterpiece a justice, so I will put it simply: Deus Ex is the best game ever made. I'm playing games for the last 25 years, I played hundreds, if not thousands of titles and I came across many masterpieces and fantastic games, but for the last 14 years my opinion is clear about one thing, the strongest experience i got from a video game, was here with Deus Ex and ifNo words can do this masterpiece a justice, so I will put it simply: Deus Ex is the best game ever made. I'm playing games for the last 25 years, I played hundreds, if not thousands of titles and I came across many masterpieces and fantastic games, but for the last 14 years my opinion is clear about one thing, the strongest experience i got from a video game, was here with Deus Ex and if there ever was a game that should be considered "the best of them all", it's Deus Ex. The Story, the atmosphere, gameplay, level design it's all out of this world, it's like this game is something more than just a game, it's something that cannot be expressed in words, you must play this. Your life is not fulfilled if you haven't played Deus Ex. It's that simple. The soundtrack by Alexander Brandon, omg, that music, I love it to death, Hong Kong theme playing in the background while writing this review Expand
  27. Jul 22, 2014
    One of my favorite games of all time. Don't let its dated graphics mislead you. The story is excellent, the gameplay is alot of fun, and the soundtrack is my favorite in a video game.
  28. Jul 21, 2014
    While Deus Ex graphics now look very dated, to date no FPS can hold a candle to the depth of Deus Ex's RPG & character customisation, gameplay and story. Deus Ex gives you real options and meaningful choice's that leads to more choices & options and the deep character customisation allows for the player to play to the style s/he likes, tasks and mission can be completed multiple ways andWhile Deus Ex graphics now look very dated, to date no FPS can hold a candle to the depth of Deus Ex's RPG & character customisation, gameplay and story. Deus Ex gives you real options and meaningful choice's that leads to more choices & options and the deep character customisation allows for the player to play to the style s/he likes, tasks and mission can be completed multiple ways and its all that which makes Deus Ex a Masterpiece. Expand
  29. May 10, 2014
    A good game for its time. Plenty of customization (that actually matters), good stealth mechanics and a pretty interesting storyline. I would have given this a 10 but I remember controlling your character was a little clunky and at first it irritated me, although I did get used to it and had a blast with this game.
  30. May 4, 2014
    This game is one of the best games I have played. Meaningful choices, several paths for accomplishing missions, tons of secrets and an epic story. Best cyberpunk thriller in game form! If you haven't played this, there is a modded HD version available!
  31. Apr 29, 2014
    Believe it or not, only today, 2014, I grabbed a copy of this classic from the days of 2000. And I have to say, this game blew me away! To kick off, the graphics are amazing! Obviously, nowadays graphics like this are crap, but at the time this game surely had graphics from 2003-2004.
    The biggest and best feature of the game is definetely the gameplay. In each mission, you have multiple branching decisions and approaches. Almost every goal comes with little secondary goals, that if you complete, can get you various rewards, whether it's money or a giant canon. Almost every action you take is accounted in the story. For example, one time I was on the UNATCO HQ, I entered the ladies bathroom, so when I went to debrief with my boss, he warned me not to do it! LOL
    The biggest problem is probably the AI. If you're quick, or far away, you probably can pass right in front of guards and they won't notice.
    Anyway, whether you're in 2001, or 2091, this game is a classic, worthy of its score.
  32. Apr 25, 2014
    FANTASTIC. Ignore all those idiots who gave this game a low rating. This is likely a all-time-top-5-game in RPG genre. Great voice acting, great plots, great commands, easy learning curve, a bit hard to master.
    Tho graphics are somewhat dated now, this is indeed a Great game. Go for it, and have fun.
  33. Apr 22, 2014
    Hailed as the best game of all time for many reasons.

Deus Ex attained an average of 90% and a 90/100 (universal acclaim) in both the MobyGames and Metacritic. En.wikipedia.org Its been given over 40 "Game of the Year" and/or "Best in Class" awards in many distinguished magazines and websites. It set the standard in FPS/RPG genre with varied gameplay, allowing players to choose
    Hailed as the best game of all time for many reasons.

En.wikipedia.org

It set the standard in FPS/RPG genre with varied gameplay, allowing players to choose how they want to tackle any situation, expansive environments (multi-paths, & multi-solutions which is still ground breaking in terms of giving players freedom), high level of player customization to allow you to excel in different fields, emphasis on exploration (aided by large environments & many useful items to find), ambitious and layered storyline, interactive storytelling, dialogue that references philosophy, politics, terrorism, ailments of mankinds, a government by the people, the question of the self, and the future of mankind ect.. & lots of readables to complement this (datacubes, books, emails ect), its high replayability, memorable sound track.
    In other words: a winning formula.

Its sad to see that the common gamer of the new generation most likely wouldn't know about this game. Younger people aren't very literate when it comes to older things but it doesn't magically make all these websites & reviews & all those fans that played Deus Ex disappear... & it certainty doesn't stop the old Deus Ex from being put on shelves for a bargain price again and again. Its good to see people who pre-ordered Deus Ex Human Revolution got the original Deus Ex for free.

Theres mods being released to this day: like Project 2027, New Vision (which enhances about 75% of the games textures) so bad graphics isn't an excuse not to play it (though the animations still look outdated but no big deal).

If FPS/RPG's held this game as a standard, we would see great things.

We need something to set high standards, otherwise how can we progres
  34. Apr 10, 2014
    Best. Game. Ever. Period. I first played it in 2013 so do not complain about nostalgia. Long story short, graphics suck, NPCs look like cardboard boxes with textures pasted over them. But graphics do not matter, it is the gameplay that is important. It is a perfect blend of shooting, sneaking, hacking and storytelling.
  35. Mar 12, 2014
    This game changed my life.

If you are a true gamer, one that cherishes plot, deep game-play, and something that challenges the formulaic crap large that budget blockbusters these days (and in the past) produce, than this game is for you. The biggest complaint I hear is the graphics are terrible. Grow up. This game was made in 2000. Sure, even then the graphics could have been better,
    This game changed my life.

The biggest complaint I hear is the graphics are terrible. Grow up. This game was made in 2000. Sure, even then the graphics could have been better, but come to realize it's not always about flashy graphics and super advanced physics engines that make a game good, but it's the story. The story! It both frustrates me and depresses me when people can't muster up enough imagination to get past the graphics and dated mechanics to enjoy this game, but have to have their hand held with the newest and fanciest games to find a game enjoyable. Come on!

Sorry, I'm done ranting. Do yourself a favor, play this game.
  36. Mar 4, 2014
    Everything about this game has already been said by the other 10pt raters, but this game deserves yet another worshipping. I´m into video games since 1990 and Deus Ex is one of only a handful of games I´d give ten points. And it would be the only one I´d give 11, if possible.
    Every other FP RPG/Story-Shooter/Adventure is judged by me to the standart set by DeusEx, and none came near to it yet. And I fear, nothing will ever come...
    The Plot is not a blockbuster, but the way it is arranged and experienced, combined with the artfully accomplished atmosphere, makes me wish I´ve never played this game before. Just to experience the immersive feeling again I had when playing the first time back in 2000.
    The gameplay isn´t easy at the beginning and since you don´t know the evolution of your char (playing the first time), the motivation curve rises low through the first levels (or maps). But as another Reviewer said: this game will make you think about calling in sick right in the middle of your day not at home, just to get back to your screen.
    What really, really is astonishing are the ways you can choose to build up your char. And the way that´s chosen will affect the gameplay massively. Indestructible heavy weapon bomber? No problem. Sneaky, roof climbing Hacker? No Problem. It´s like playing two different games wich happen to have the same storyline. More or less, Story developement depends on the choices made at critical moments.
    Okay, so far we´re at a level of quality also arrived by Fallout 3, too. More or less, let´s not be nitpickers.
    The topping on this tasty cake of video games are the side quests, side tracks and the sheer endless amount of info available that´s not related to the main story. Newspapers, books, Notepads (sort of), that make the in-game world so lively and realistic... just like a very, very good book you can´t put aside, even if it´s 3am and you have to get up early.
    Also, I love the interface. It´s more than versatile. You can make notes by yourself and you can type in keys and passwords with your keyboard. And you need to, if you don´t have the abilities to hack`em! Because even if you already "know" a key to a door, you´ll have to look it up in your notepad and type it in by yourself.
    And it never gets boring. No repetitive situations like in newer games (DE3 or even Skyrim), no linear path through the levels, no stereotypes.

To everyone calling himself a "gamer" who didn´t play it yet (especially the youngsters): ignore the old graphics and experience this work of art!
  37. Feb 23, 2014
    The original Deus Ex is probably the best fps/rpg game ever made. With a 30 hours campaign full of action, stealth, exploration and filled with one of the best story of any videogames this game definitively enters the podium for the best game ever made.
  38. Feb 10, 2014
    A lot of people claim that Deus Ex: Human Revolutions is a better game than it's predecessor. And that may be true, in some ways. HR certainly has prettier graphics, among other improvements. But it's not the same. Deus Ex was an RPG shooter. The sequel is a shooter with RPG elements that follows the cookie-cutter plan of every cover based shooter game on the market. Cover based shooting,A lot of people claim that Deus Ex: Human Revolutions is a better game than it's predecessor. And that may be true, in some ways. HR certainly has prettier graphics, among other improvements. But it's not the same. Deus Ex was an RPG shooter. The sequel is a shooter with RPG elements that follows the cookie-cutter plan of every cover based shooter game on the market. Cover based shooting, magically regenerating health, XP based upgrade system, not to mention the fact that based on the controls, it's a console game first and a PC game second. Original game may not stand up in terms of prettiness, but it has a better story, more entertaining gameplay, good music, endings that don't consist entirely of stock footage with a vague monologue laid over...

Honestly, if this game were to be redone today, it would probably be the best thing ever. It's got plenty of fun to it, plenty of runtime (Story takes forever to push through, but it's not a drag) detailed, fleshed out world, interesting characters, and a matrixey feeling that you're not just playing a game, you're playing art.

I guess that's the biggest part. Human Revolutions is a game. The original Deus Ex is a game too, but it's also art, it's also a story, it's also a whole world to explore.
  39. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 9 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 5 out of 10, Value: 9 out of 10
  40. Feb 3, 2014
    Simply and by far the best game ever. BUT, you should be aware of its flaws. They are very similar to flaws of its prequel "Human Revolution". In the begining, game is perfect, you have big maps to explore, but as ending closes in, it´s very hectic and straightforward. You lose freedom, not freedom of choice (both games have great endings and you can choose one of them), but freedom ofSimply and by far the best game ever. BUT, you should be aware of its flaws. They are very similar to flaws of its prequel "Human Revolution". In the begining, game is perfect, you have big maps to explore, but as ending closes in, it´s very hectic and straightforward. You lose freedom, not freedom of choice (both games have great endings and you can choose one of them), but freedom of movement. Maps are small and boring, but luckily, its only last levels in both games, but you should be prepared. After many big maps from NY, Hongkong or Paris you must swallow bitter corridors in Area 51 or Underwater base. Expand
  41. Jan 29, 2014
    Having played the newest installment in the Deus ex franchise, I was curious as to how this was stack up against the jack of all trades action/stealth conspiracy game set in 2027. I am happy to say this game is just as good (if not better) Deus ex human revolution. sure it may be a bit unbalanced and you'll probably have to rebind all the keys as the controls are very outdated and theHaving played the newest installment in the Deus ex franchise, I was curious as to how this was stack up against the jack of all trades action/stealth conspiracy game set in 2027. I am happy to say this game is just as good (if not better) Deus ex human revolution. sure it may be a bit unbalanced and you'll probably have to rebind all the keys as the controls are very outdated and the graphics aren't special for today's standards but that can be far overlooked if you consider just how ambitious and free this game is. it really makes you feel like YOU are the main character, letting you choose which skills and augmentations cater best to your play style. I defiantly recommend it to anyone who wises for real choice in a game and not the illusion of it. back then It would be an absolute 10 but by today's standards i give a 9. You'd be crazy not buy it as it is around 5$ nowadays. Expand
  42. Dec 22, 2013
    Fantastic!
    The atmosphere is incredibly dark and immersive, and the story is fantastic, especially if you like conspiracy theories.
    Graphically it may not have aged well, but the controls still works excellent. There's so much to do, read, explore, find...

Definitively worth at least 2 playthroughs!
  43. Dec 16, 2013
    I'll give this game an honest review. It's not a masterpiece. It's not unplayably bad like the vast minority says, its doesn't hold up well to modern day like the vast majority says.

Deus Ex is a FPS/RPG that gives the player an incredible amount of choice. It's also a very ugly game nowadays with no charm in its art style. I don't factor that in because I played with the two graphics overhaul mods so I got fairly good textures and model quality without deviating from the original art style at all. The main problem of the art style is its going for realistic, and as we will discover with GEN 7 in a few years, that art style holds up the worst as time passes.

The story is fairly decent, with a interesting plot about the illuminati in a cyberpunk setting. If you've played the more modern prequel Human Revolution, you'll see about the same level of storytelling quality here. However, it lacks a convincing atmosphere that saved HR from being incredibly tedious due to how slow the plot progresses in both of these games. It also lacks the length of HR. While HR is about 20 hours, Deus Ex 1 I beat in 9 and a half hours doing quite a bit of exploration.

Then you got the gameplay. I'll give it to them devs, theres usually quite a lot of options. However, the belief there is tons more then Human Revolution is actually in most cases. Lets take its famous first level liberty island for example. You have a wide explorable (and the least interestingly designed I might add) area surrounding a destroyed Statue of Liberty. You can (and should) do some exploration around and gather supplies, then you got a sub objective. In the end, there is really only four ways to do this map after exploring. 1. Charge up the front guns blazing. 2. Sneak up the front. 3. Sneak up the back by stacking boxs to climb the shipping containers, or do the sub objective which gives you a convenient path up out of the building. Any remaining solutions are silly solutions which just waste time. Most areas are about as varied or less, and might include a diplomatic solution. Human Revolution, mocked for its lack of variety, almost always gave you two out of the way sneaky solutions, made sneaking straight through possible (note I NEVER used cloak in either games) as well as the guns glazing approach. The difference is that Human Revolution rarely had extremely bland similar areas connected to realistic but overly complex venting systems like Deus Ex which actually had nothing to the game. Melee weapons are also strange. At the start, you got about a 50% chance of a baton (the best non-lethal, and third best melee weapon over all) from knocking the guard out if you have chosen melee as your start upgrade. It will literally take about 7 hours before you get another upgrade due to early game low skill point gain, and then you will have the dragon sword. The only melee weapon able to fight high end enemies really at all without master level and even then its a stretch. Seeing as the tranq darts are literally useless, the game intentionally makes beating the game without killing nigh impossible after the first half of the game.

People also say the game has a real sense of challenge compared to HR. This is true...until you get the dragon sword, (and this happens in the main quest) which is so incredibly overpowered that the only thing that can match it is explosive weapons, further limiting variety. HR didn't have this problem. (well if you never used typhoon or cloak like me it didn't).

The ending is also incredibly unsatisfying. It presents three options ignoring all previous actions, and it fails at what HR did by making one significantly better for humanity then the rest (The Helios ending). HR I spent 30 minutes just sitting trying to figure out what ending to choose. I spent 3 seconds in Deus Ex 1. The endings are then just as open as Deus Ex: HR, except boring and really don't feel like endings like HR did.

The soundtrack is so-so. Half the tracks are immediately forgettable, half the tracks are fantastic. Sadly, the ending music was the worst song in the soundtrack, making an already unsatisfying ending even worse. This is something HR did extremely well.

Basically, what I'm saying is, while Deus Ex one has a more in-depth albeit more awkward combat system, Deus Ex: Human Revolution was just a plain more enjoyable game then the original and has an incredible atmosphere completely lacking in the original, and you should buy THAT game if you want to fulfill your cyberpunk Illuminati capitalist corruption story need, because while I enjoyed my time with Deus Ex, there is many other games I could have been playing that I would have enjoyed so so much more.
  44. Nov 18, 2013
    This is my favorite game of all time, and it may be yours. This game is an RPG with action elements, and you can do what you want in the game. You can go through the entire game without killing a single characters, even grunts! You can go through the game mattering on the skills you choose, your good at hacking? Hack that console to turn on a turret and wipe out a room of bad guys. Good atThis is my favorite game of all time, and it may be yours. This game is an RPG with action elements, and you can do what you want in the game. You can go through the entire game without killing a single characters, even grunts! You can go through the game mattering on the skills you choose, your good at hacking? Hack that console to turn on a turret and wipe out a room of bad guys. Good at stealth? Sneak past them knocking out only that ones you have to. And many, many more ways to go through this monster of a game. The characters in this game feel so real, you may forget you are playing a video game. The graphics are great for the time, especially with a game this long. If you are playing on realistic (highest difficulty in the game) it can take you 15 hours, and even more. The first level alone takes an hour. I still remember when this game came out, and my parents buying it for me, still have my original copy; Anyway, this game has huge replay value, you can take the game a whole different route! Guns blazing? Or Silent? You decide. Expand
  45. Nov 13, 2013
    A classic PC title and one of my favorite games of all time. While Deus Ex: Human Revolution was still a great game, the original Deus Ex has a greater sense of dread and larger number of conspiracies as well as catchy music and memorable, sometimes funny, dialogue.
  46. Nov 10, 2013
    Very fun, very immersive, very intriguing. A great game. Original gameplay. Original story. This is a beautiful game. At least in the game sense. Visually, this game looks like crap. The graphics were bad even for it's time. Graphics, however, should never dictate a score, it just leaves a little more to the imagination. That is why I give this game a solid 10 out of 10. I have neverVery fun, very immersive, very intriguing. A great game. Original gameplay. Original story. This is a beautiful game. At least in the game sense. Visually, this game looks like crap. The graphics were bad even for it's time. Graphics, however, should never dictate a score, it just leaves a little more to the imagination. That is why I give this game a solid 10 out of 10. I have never before seen a more perfect game. Expand
  47. Nov 9, 2013
    A plot that has no trouble throwing every conspiracy theory in a blender without being over the top, dialogue's top notch and horrible 90's voice acting (good for the camp factor, but that's not everyone's cup of tea)
    Sub-par shooting mechanics, but it must be kept in mind that this is an RPG that happens to be in first person, resulting in its main mechanics being based around stats, which are varied enough to warrant multiple playthroughs; which is already given by the amount of detail given to the environments and level design/
  48. Oct 31, 2013
    Believe the hype. There's a reason this gets on every "best of" list. Looks long in the tooth now but nobody has ever come close to the perfect balance of stealth, moral choices about life and death and plain action as this game.
  49. Oct 29, 2013
    Changing my rating, as I quite like this game now. I've been playing for like 8 hours today. Once you get past the voice acting and realise to play it the obvious way (get pistols and melee with technical skills, play on easy, stealth) its quite enjoyable.
  50. Oct 24, 2013
    Shoddy graphics, poor combat, laughable acting and a story that is so far fetched it borders on the ridiculous but even today, Deus Ex in my opinion is the finest game ever produced and nothing else comes remotely close.

The unforgettable setting, the mesmerising characters, the music and the simple yet brilliant RPG elements are huge contributing factors to the stunning success of this game. This is one of the most memorable titles in gaming history and for £5 you can purchase it on Steam; just DL the Hi Def Texture Pack and you have a game that topples that of today's alleged masterpieces.

Unmissable
  51. Sep 14, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. The story is compelling and your actions have consequences. There is always a different way to complete an objective and the game is challenging on harder difficulty especially if you challenge yourself by making it so you cant kill anyone. Overall the game is pure gold.
  52. Aug 30, 2013
    It's for sure one of the best FPS/RPG game but it's not perfect. I don't know why but I really don't like a soundtrack of this game. In a few moments it just doesn't fit to this game. I can't explain better because of my weak English I am sorry. The rest is great. We can pass every level/mission in a different way (because there are so many different ways). Exploring yes that's why youIt's for sure one of the best FPS/RPG game but it's not perfect. I don't know why but I really don't like a soundtrack of this game. In a few moments it just doesn't fit to this game. I can't explain better because of my weak English I am sorry. The rest is great. We can pass every level/mission in a different way (because there are so many different ways). Exploring yes that's why you should play this game. Also the story, atmosphere and characters makes this game so good. Expand
  53. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is simply disappointing. With abysmal combat, a disjointed setting, horrific graphics for it's era, it gives you very little to compel you to continue playing and with its absolutely insulting ending, it rewards you with a slap in the face.

This game is a deformed scion of the much more superior System Shock 2. What is the use of presenting different avenues of gameplay

This game is a deformed scion of the much more superior System Shock 2.

What is the use of presenting different avenues of gameplay when a majority of the gameplay is crushingly boring? The only positives about the game is how it drew attention to it's spiritual predecessor, it's evocative music and that it's around 30-40 hours to beat.

Very rarely have I played a game, then heard people raving about it later and wondered 'what do they see that I don't?'
  54. Aug 22, 2013
    I wish I had never played this game so I could play it through now and relive the experience. Compared to recent games it doesn't stand a chance, but if you can look past the graphics and the old game engine (which were both fine when it was released) then a great and immerse story is waiting for you. This game is simply the best FPS-RPG adventure ever made.If you haven't played it yet,I wish I had never played this game so I could play it through now and relive the experience. Compared to recent games it doesn't stand a chance, but if you can look past the graphics and the old game engine (which were both fine when it was released) then a great and immerse story is waiting for you. This game is simply the best FPS-RPG adventure ever made.If you haven't played it yet, get on it. You won't be sorry. Expand
  55. Aug 7, 2013
    Far better than my experience on the PS2, however I find this game very hard, especially if you are new to this kind of game that gives you many, many options. You have to know what you want to specialise in or otherwise you get your ass handed to you every time. I hate the lack of a shop too, somewhere I could offload the junk I pick up to buy some new stuff would be great. However theFar better than my experience on the PS2, however I find this game very hard, especially if you are new to this kind of game that gives you many, many options. You have to know what you want to specialise in or otherwise you get your ass handed to you every time. I hate the lack of a shop too, somewhere I could offload the junk I pick up to buy some new stuff would be great. However the story itself is what it's famous for and it is quite believeable that the things that are going on behind the scenes could actually happen in a futuristic world. Expand
  56. Jul 26, 2013
    One of the best games of all time. If you haven't played it, you must.
    The graphics don't look as impressive now as they were in 1999, but the gameplay still rocks. The story is clever and very interesting. Just make sure you click on all NPCs a few times to let they say all their phrases. I must admit I haven't seen comparable games in all these years..
  57. Jul 25, 2013
    Deus Ex is a revolutionary game, an RPG with FPS, Stealth, and Adventure elements which would combine open-ended non-linear gameplay scenarios with a gripping, if at some times ridiculous conspiracy-laden story. But while the foreigners may have horrible voice acting, the graphics haven't aged well, and the story can occasionally get ridiculous, the quality and influence of Deus Ex isDeus Ex is a revolutionary game, an RPG with FPS, Stealth, and Adventure elements which would combine open-ended non-linear gameplay scenarios with a gripping, if at some times ridiculous conspiracy-laden story. But while the foreigners may have horrible voice acting, the graphics haven't aged well, and the story can occasionally get ridiculous, the quality and influence of Deus Ex is immeasurable. Deus Ex may as well be a game you are required to play at this point. Expand
  58. Jul 14, 2013
    this game is without a doubt the single greatest game ever made in the history of games. no matter what it costs if you have not played it go out and buy it right now. it is well worth it.
  59. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is brilliant, although many people have said that it hasn't aged well and isn't all that good anymore, I didn't play this game until about 2011 and it was still by far the best game I have ever played.

Deus ex has a brilliant story and the gameplay is unbeatable, the inventory in this game is brilliant and I don't understand why an inventory like that is very rarely featured in a game nor do I understand how a health bar and automatic health regeneration is better than being able to break your arms and legs and having to find a medkit or medbot to repair them.

The skills system is great as you can choose whether you will prefer pistols over machine guns, be great with lockpicks or anything else that can possibly benefit you in missions. Although I didn't find much use for any of the augmentations other than the health regeneration one or the one which makes you invisible to robots it was still good that we had the option to complete missions in many unique ways.
  60. Jun 20, 2013
    (Note: This review judges the game by 2013 standards rather than 2000,and was played on Realistic difficulty)

The observant may note that in a sea of praise for this game, my review score of 6 is somewhat alone. This may be for a number of reasons--maybe I tried to play it too far past its prime as compared to others, or maybe I am more critical of its flaws than the nostalgia-goggled mass. In any case, I would have loved to give this game a higher score, but a few key points keep it from being above average for me.

The very reason this game is praised as an innovation (and rightly so) is why I cannot love it as others do. The choice of character development is just too skewed in the Stealth/Pistol/Lockpick builds favor. You can try to build a tank of a character that shoots all that moves with rockets and LAMs, but you will quickly find yourself out of ammo and stuck in unwinnable situations unless you take up arms in a different category.

Be clear, I have no problem playing a thief. I did so for many years in every game I was able, and have become quite good at it. But the problem with sneaking around and being a OHKO character is that much of the difficulty of the game is cut away since no dev has been able to design a game in which multiple combat styles are available without making stealth OP (this is true even today). As such, you feel gimped as a character that specs in anything but stealth related skills (silenced handguns, crossbows, lockpicking, silenced SR's). So while the game is throwing GEP guns and LAWS at me, I am forced to ignore the more straightforward and difficult approach of nosily navigating my way to objectives in favor of crawling through yet another air duct.

Without looking at any message boards or wikis, I guaranteethe default JC build goes something like Max Small Weapons,Max Lockpick OR Electronics, Max Rifles, one or two points in computers, with maybe a few points thrown into heavy or melee just because they were laying around.

Augs have the same problem, with only 1 or 2 being truely useful the entire game (Flashlight, Healing) another few being situational (Fast Movement, Cloak, Lift Enviro/Bullet Protection) and everything else never being touched.

Oh, and on the topic of weapons, they tend to be unbalanced as well. Ammo acquisition makes or breaks most weapons, which means the handgun and assault rifles should be king, however the AS is a burst fire hog that is just plain inefficient compared to a single head shot from a pistol or a swipe with the DRS. Things like LAMs are situational, but effective at any level on any difficulty, making the skill all but useless to invest into. The same can be said for heavy weapons.

In short, I feel like my character was railroaded with an illusion of choice in a game that boasts sandbox levels in which the player is supposed to be able to play their own way in whatever style they choose.

Now, saying all of that, the game is still great. The story has some great hooks, the gameplay is great, the variation of ways to complete objectives in revolutionary for its time, and you can tell a lot of love went into it. Pretty much all the praise you hear about this game is true, and I would recommend it to anyone. Its a definite prerequisite if you think you have any business calling yourself a fan of VGs.
  61. Jun 6, 2013
    Well....i am playing games since the doom 1 and this game was not good even in year, when come out. First of all, level design is simply terrible big empty corridors, plazas and tunnels where is almost empty there is nothing to see, just running, that is what are you doing most of time, just running in square and empty levels!!! Doom 1 has better levels than this.
    Second thing, this
    Second thing, this game doesn't have a soul feeling, that you are in the game. RPG system doesn't exist you simply take exp when level design gave you!!! For example for killing, cracking computers, or stealth action you take nothing, but when you explore small secret room, speak with NPC whatever else, you take exp points! The all game is build on idea when level scenarist think that is time, then you take exp, items, ammunition simply all things that you need. THIS GAME DOES NOT HAVE ANY SENSE WITH LEVEL DESIGN, ITEM PLACING OR EXP TAKING items is just spread across levels without any sense and level seems like copied from doom 1. And the dialogues in the game is simply mechanical, like when you see a commercial in TV.
    My summary is, that this game is HUGE OVERRATED like any ion storm game and was not funny even in year, when come out. One of my biggest disappointing experience. Thx
  62. May 30, 2013
    This might sound cliched, but this is one of the best games ever made. Everything works, the story, the atmosphere, the great RPG style gameplay. Look past the dated ugly graphics, and the sometimes lazy AI and you have a game that still 13 yrs later is still relavant, and worthwhile.
  63. May 25, 2013
    Deus Ex has got to be one of the greatest games of all time. Yeah, some may complain that the graphics are horrible but, the game was released in 2000, and at that time, these graphics were high quality. This game is still regarded as the greatest game of all time, and I agree with that statement.
  64. May 23, 2013
    Maybe in 2000 this was a highly rated game with graphics and the concept of the game. But let's bring this rating up to date please! Compared with the newer versions of Deus Ex, this one has to be in the bottom. So I'm rating this pretty low just so it's fair to the newer versions.
  65. May 23, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Story is excellent, the graphics may not be the latest today (there are mods to improve it) but the game did come out over a decade ago. you can get it on gog and it runs on new systems with no problems.
  66. May 14, 2013
    i´ve just ended playing this game and no matter how bad graphics and visual effects has, it still being better than any call of duty game. it´s just awesome one of the best games i´ve ever played
  67. Mar 20, 2013
    Outstading, truely ahead of it's time, despite the combat system being extremely annoying.
  68. Mar 17, 2013
    this game symbolises my childhood, its the best game ever.. so many memories attached. i used to spend a lot of time playing this one. it is a complete game with a lot of action.
  69. Mar 16, 2013
    Admittedly, it is hard to go back and play Deus Ex these last few years. The game's age has by far taken its toll on the experience. However, just because I outgrew the game does not mean it is worse than it was 10 years ago. With an overhauled GFX engine this game could easily make its way back into modern gaming libraries. The game had DEPTH! Excellent storyline, characters, andAdmittedly, it is hard to go back and play Deus Ex these last few years. The game's age has by far taken its toll on the experience. However, just because I outgrew the game does not mean it is worse than it was 10 years ago. With an overhauled GFX engine this game could easily make its way back into modern gaming libraries. The game had DEPTH! Excellent storyline, characters, and gameplay. I can admit that time gave deus ex a huge black eye, but before its gfx aged, it was a near perfect game. Expand
  70. egn
    Mar 12, 2013
    What can be said that hasn't already been said about this game? It's...really, it's one of those very rare games that just nails it. It's really basically perfect. Ultimate fun, ultimate immersion, and an ultimate experience. This is one of the first RPGs I ever played where you have a choice, where the way you play actually affects the outcome of the game. In some ways I think a lotWhat can be said that hasn't already been said about this game? It's...really, it's one of those very rare games that just nails it. It's really basically perfect. Ultimate fun, ultimate immersion, and an ultimate experience. This is one of the first RPGs I ever played where you have a choice, where the way you play actually affects the outcome of the game. In some ways I think a lot of games after this have tried to emulate that format, because it was so amazing in this game. If you haven't tried it yet, go for it. Really, get it. Expand
  71. Jan 20, 2013
    A hybrid of FPS and RPG, Deus Ex can easily be considered a cult-classic amongst story-driven games. Though the graphics of the game are rather dated, it should not matter in the long run because the gameplay is truly the heart of the game. The score of the game is so memorable that you will be humming these tunes even at the very end of the game.
  72. Jan 14, 2013
    Open FPS RPG that doesn't feel like either side is tacked on. Nice dystopian cyberpunk atmosphere and some sweet music. A few balance issues and terrible voice acting.
  73. Jan 5, 2013
    I had never heard of Deus Ex until I watched a review of the original game on Youtube. Finally, out of pure curiosity I bought the game on Amazon. I cut to the chase . This is the single greatest game I have ever played in my life, from the sprawling open levels to the intriguing story line. Sure the game is a graphical Quasimodo by today's standards but the depth in gameplay balanceI had never heard of Deus Ex until I watched a review of the original game on Youtube. Finally, out of pure curiosity I bought the game on Amazon. I cut to the chase . This is the single greatest game I have ever played in my life, from the sprawling open levels to the intriguing story line. Sure the game is a graphical Quasimodo by today's standards but the depth in gameplay balance that out. I never thought that the RPG and the FPS genre would ever be able to meld so seemlessly, but they did and for that I award Deus Ex a 10 out of 10. A true masterpiece. Expand
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    Among the best games ever made. There's just so many ways to play and complete your tasks: you can avoid killing, try silent killing or just shoot everything standing in your way. The storyline is superb, I could have never imagined that video games could be philosophical.
  75. Dec 11, 2012
    Imitators have tried but none have topped this masterpiece. Combines genres flawlessly and has a flexible story that truly changes based on your actions with multiple endings. The only downside are the graphics (which were bad even for their time), but this can be fixed with mods. Any modern PC can run this so you have no excuse for not playing this.
  76. Dec 6, 2012
    Deus Ex was another nostalgic title that is one of my all time favorites and I
  77. Dec 4, 2012
    Best game ever....of all time. Well o.k. it is showing it's age some but what an epic story! The graphics are of the era when just moving your jaw when you talked was cutting edge. Still, it has more content than any three modern games put together. The music was terrific and always matched the locales. The environments were varied and they offered multiple solutions to it's sand-box styleBest game ever....of all time. Well o.k. it is showing it's age some but what an epic story! The graphics are of the era when just moving your jaw when you talked was cutting edge. Still, it has more content than any three modern games put together. The music was terrific and always matched the locales. The environments were varied and they offered multiple solutions to it's sand-box style missions. My only complaint after twelve full play-troughs is that the inventory and crate-breaking got a bit tedious. The weapons were fun to use and the world seemed richly populated with characters that had their own stories. May we see more games like this again once the brown-shooter-dark-age is over. Expand
  78. Nov 18, 2012
    This is, without a doubt, the best game ever made. If I had to narrow down why that is so, it would probably be its impeccable execution. Ignoring the graphics of the time and the limitations of the Unreal engine, this game is near flawless. People sometimes criticize the voice acting, but I think it ads flavor to the whole experience. What would DX be without "What a shame." and "Oh myThis is, without a doubt, the best game ever made. If I had to narrow down why that is so, it would probably be its impeccable execution. Ignoring the graphics of the time and the limitations of the Unreal engine, this game is near flawless. People sometimes criticize the voice acting, but I think it ads flavor to the whole experience. What would DX be without "What a shame." and "Oh my god, JC, a bomb!", right?
    The narrative flows seamlessly, the characters (even the minor ones) are beautifully fleshed out and the game play is rewarding and fits with the story. Oh, and everything makes sense. Don't you just hate those games that make you go WTF?? Well, that never happens with this game.

Deus Ex discourages shooting stuff and instead encourages alternative, preferably non-confrontational ways of completing missions. You have a multitude of ways to avoid fights, and a multitude of ways to dispatch enemies without having to shoot them. Characters even scold you for shooting stuff up. You're not compelled in any way to go in guns blazing, unless you specifically want to. So why this game is being judged as an FPS is completely beyond me.
  79. Oct 26, 2012
    Deus Ex is a game that proves, even with it's flaws, that it can still be the greatest game of all time. I played this game in 2012, and am currently undergoing my second playthrough. And by god, it is amazing. The freedom of choice, the stellar map design, the augs, the story...... Even with it's flaws, such as the sometimes stupid AI or the strange aiming system, the rest of the contentDeus Ex is a game that proves, even with it's flaws, that it can still be the greatest game of all time. I played this game in 2012, and am currently undergoing my second playthrough. And by god, it is amazing. The freedom of choice, the stellar map design, the augs, the story...... Even with it's flaws, such as the sometimes stupid AI or the strange aiming system, the rest of the content by FAR makes up for it. Expand
  80. Oct 16, 2012
    One of the best game i have played. Its perfect in all senses, only riuned in part with that animations...but nothing important having in mind how awesome it is.
  81. Oct 13, 2012
    I didn't get it the first time I played back in '00, I was used to FPS and tried to gun my way through all the levels and found it too difficult. Well, thanks to steam I installed it and played it all the way through the non lethal way only having to kill one player...it was a blast. This game is so immersive and has such an amazing story...I love the part where you are having aI didn't get it the first time I played back in '00, I was used to FPS and tried to gun my way through all the levels and found it too difficult. Well, thanks to steam I installed it and played it all the way through the non lethal way only having to kill one player...it was a blast. This game is so immersive and has such an amazing story...I love the part where you are having a philosophical conversation with the sentient A.I., really great stuff. Up there in my top 5 greatest games. Expand
  82. Jul 27, 2012
    Quite rightly considered by many as the greatest PC game of all time. This is simply stunning and when it was released in 2000 it completely rewrote gaming.

The best thing about this game is that it doesn't feel like a game. The levels are so huge, the characters so interactive, and the puzzles solved in so many different ways that this feels like a limitless world. Every element comes together perfectly: an incredible storyline that has you tied up in knots, gameplay that allows you to play the way you want to play, and an augmentation system that lets you mould your character in weird and wonderful ways.

Do you want to be a stealthy assassin? Then develop your hacking, sniping and running silently skills, stick a silence modification on your sniper rifle and away you go. Want to run round shooting anything that moves? Then level up your ballistic shielding, stick a couple of recoil modifications on your machine gun, and let's get to work. As long as you have a consistent plan, any gameplay style is catered for.

I'm still waiting to play a game since Deus Ex that even comes close.
  83. Jul 23, 2012
    Mista Denton, in the fleeesss

Deus Ex - every time you mention it, someone reinstalls it. One of those games that never really gets old. The story, the gameplay, the dialog, and best of all - the music. Everything was perfect.

Smashthestate!
  84. Jun 22, 2012
    Oh Dear. If I played this one when it originally came out, It might have been awesome. But the game didn't age as well as quake for instance did. The game is longish, and often frustrating due to its difficulty. (maybe i should have played an easier level...). The missions are longish, and instead of providing some feeling of being rewarded for your prowess they seem to be endless chainsOh Dear. If I played this one when it originally came out, It might have been awesome. But the game didn't age as well as quake for instance did. The game is longish, and often frustrating due to its difficulty. (maybe i should have played an easier level...). The missions are longish, and instead of providing some feeling of being rewarded for your prowess they seem to be endless chains of load/die/load/die/load/die/AHA!/Next room, lather, rinse, repeat. I've never been a great fan of stealth games, but this isn't i title that will convince me to the genre. THe atmosphere didn't set in, and the game discouraged me multiple times to the point that i didn't return to it for 2 years. After returning the only question was "Why am I forcing myself to play this, if it really doesn't entertain me? Expand
  85. May 19, 2012
    Another of the best games I think, have been made for PC. He is the founder of a new genre that blends strategy, role and fps. There are many ways to progress through the game, many end is anything but linear, that makes it unique and special. A work of art.
  86. May 13, 2012
    Deus Ex comes within sight of perfection, and I say this having played it for the first time in 2011. (So don't accuse me of being nostalgic, jerks!) It is filled with multitudes of interesting gameplay ideas yet never loses focus. This game would never be caught dead initiating cutscene combat sequences to carry out some contrived event (as Human Revolution will). Simply the best story IDeus Ex comes within sight of perfection, and I say this having played it for the first time in 2011. (So don't accuse me of being nostalgic, jerks!) It is filled with multitudes of interesting gameplay ideas yet never loses focus. This game would never be caught dead initiating cutscene combat sequences to carry out some contrived event (as Human Revolution will). Simply the best story I have ever seen in a video game combined with a deep gameplay system. A word of warning though: the targeting system is very clunky and caused me to despise the game when I first attempted it. This is responsible for most of the negative reviews. Expand
  87. Apr 21, 2012
    I must be one of the few people who played Deus Ex: Human Revolution BEFORE playing the original. Seems appropriate enough though, since HR is a prequel anyway. After having completed this one, I noticed that there is clearly continuity between the two games, including story and gameplay elements, locations, similar characters, and even the same bits of dialogue. Anyway, this is overall aI must be one of the few people who played Deus Ex: Human Revolution BEFORE playing the original. Seems appropriate enough though, since HR is a prequel anyway. After having completed this one, I noticed that there is clearly continuity between the two games, including story and gameplay elements, locations, similar characters, and even the same bits of dialogue. Anyway, this is overall a solid game that I wish I'd played 12 years ago when it came out. It took me about 30 hours to play from start to finish. My only real complaint is it's always dark throughout the game, but everything else about it is absolutely solid. I completed my first playthrough a couple of days ago, and will probably play it again. If you're reading this review and haven't played this game yet, stop reading and go play it! Expand
  88. Apr 6, 2012
    The game is very fun to play and is one of my favourite FPS/RPG games. The story is outstanding and the fact that you can majorly affect it throughout the game makes it even more interesting and adding replayability trying to get a slightly different story. Also the fact that you can play the game any way you like to play it. You can play it like an FPS game, shooting enemies or even as aThe game is very fun to play and is one of my favourite FPS/RPG games. The story is outstanding and the fact that you can majorly affect it throughout the game makes it even more interesting and adding replayability trying to get a slightly different story. Also the fact that you can play the game any way you like to play it. You can play it like an FPS game, shooting enemies or even as a stealth game sneaking past everything without killing anybody. Expand
  89. Mar 30, 2012
    The story is a very well written amalgamation of every paranoid conspiracy of the last five decades, set in a not too distant or unrecognisable future. You are given the chance to mould and guide your hero from humble bureacratic beginnings to a place in the annals of human history. Give Manderley a punch from me on your way up.

The game is a seamless melding of FPS and RPG. A clever

The game is a seamless melding of FPS and RPG. A clever twist lets you augment your character with bionic abilities, which can be found in canisters while exploring the game. Most upgrades grant one physiological ability and lock out another permanently, but the detailed inventory and character information pages let you browse the upgrades and plan ahead.

The experience based skills system lets you can choose how well you can use items and weapons, if at all. For example, if you haven't put points into rocket launchers, there are subtler methods of bypassing security systems: lockpicking, electronics and computer hacking. Packrats rejoice, this leads to a diverse array of item pickups: credit chits containing digitised money, personal organisers with codes and passwords, biological modification canisters, modification packs for weapons (capacities, fire rates, silencers, etc), lockpicks, multimeters, food or medkits for healing and even chapters from an in-game book. Usually, at least once per level, you'll get a chance to buy items from a black market trader or use your information to rummage through hidden or locked stockpiles.

Though the graphical models may look dated, all of these features create a rich gameplay experience that, in my opinion, hasn't yet been surpassed in this genre.
  90. Mar 30, 2012
    Like a lot of people said, this game got many things wrong. Lousy accents for foreign characters, terrible graphics, conspiracy plot that borders on the ridiculous and of course not being able to hit a headshot on a guy even if you're pointing the gun a few centimetres behind him. But no matter what, you can't help getting pulled into the game by its wonderful ability to show how muchLike a lot of people said, this game got many things wrong. Lousy accents for foreign characters, terrible graphics, conspiracy plot that borders on the ridiculous and of course not being able to hit a headshot on a guy even if you're pointing the gun a few centimetres behind him. But no matter what, you can't help getting pulled into the game by its wonderful ability to show how much your decisions matter. Small decisions can go a long way in the game's plot and its very interesting to see it unfold at a later point of the story. And then, there's the atmosphere and setting which is probably the best part of the game, you can really feel the bleak cyberpunk future where people are struggling to survive. Not only that, the levels in Hong Kong and Paris are perhaps the best parts of the game even though it should be obvious to some that it looks nothing like the real thing. Characterization is also interesting, even though the hero JC Denton is blunt and monotoned most of the time. Still, the dialogue is rather humorous if not corny. It really baffles me why no game has come close to achieving the feel Deus Ex created (even the highly praised Mass Effect series). The only beef I have with this game is that its hard to get it working right on my laptop. Expand
  91. Mar 23, 2012
    I can see why it's very well praised: it's a very good shoter with few rpg elements and it actually gives you many choices and ways to play the game; add also a very good story behind it, with some huge places to explore too, and you get Deus ex....but I still wouldn't suggest this game for everyone. Let me clear this: I enjoyed it, I loved it to the end, but It has some huge problemsI can see why it's very well praised: it's a very good shoter with few rpg elements and it actually gives you many choices and ways to play the game; add also a very good story behind it, with some huge places to explore too, and you get Deus ex....but I still wouldn't suggest this game for everyone. Let me clear this: I enjoyed it, I loved it to the end, but It has some huge problems that makes this game very"old:I hated how the game is based on "Trial & Error", which will make you destroy the autosave button in order to finish a mission. Yes the AI is buggy, but sometimes they are just too strong: they were able to see me, from the other side of the map, hiding in pure darkness and down below a street...WOW, buggy AI right? It might be buggy, but sometimes they could see me (and HEAR even while sneaking) too well. And this might be nitpicking, but I would have loved a map of the area: they are HUGE and it's very hard to see where you have to go without a map, making you lose the way. Ok, the rant is over: I give it a 8 mainly because it IS good, but to me it's just aged: stealth games have evolved for the better and this game, even though created a standard for stealth shooters, has basically lost it's innovation: give it a try though if you can surpass the flaws and, in general, if you don't agree with me. Expand
  92. Mar 19, 2012
    An alright game I guess. Obviously there are elements of hype and nostalgia in play here for many people but even taking account of those things this is still a very special game. Don't believe anyone who tells you it's perfect but it's still very deserving of praise. Five stars.
  93. Mar 12, 2012
    So... I have read opinions like "this game is outdated, horrible graphics etc"
    I found DX after playing Human revolution... (a few months ago)
    So... I have read opinions like "this game is outdated, horrible graphics etc"
    I found DX after playing Human revolution... (a few months ago)
    Yeah, at first it was weird jump into those old graphics and so on... But after about six hours game-play I must say I was living JC Denton's role in the game, I mean... Every choice, every dialogue, even the choice of your own gameplay. Yes, there wasn't those dramatic cutscenes, but DX made me more excited than most of the new games i have played
    Also atmosphere, soundtrack just perfectly fits to the environment. So what I was playing only new games with those fancy graphics, I still can see how beautiful this game is. Some people just don't understand this game'. So after all those gaming years I found my best game that changed whole gaming experience for me... It's sad to see how people can be ignorant by saying this game "sucks"just because they don't understand it and it's not nostalgic or something, like I said, I found it in 2011. Also new generation of gamers are just graphic whores, at least you could your subjective ignorant opinion without any real argument keep for yourself. Oh well, I'm glad I found this game
  94. Mar 3, 2012
    Basically, play this game. Full of little flaws and far from perfect, and yet still in the top 5 games of all time... which should give you an indication of just how good it is. Of all the 'classic old' games it's probably aged the best, the atmosphere is just unrivalled, outlasting the graphics. Even the creators haven't come close to replicating it's genius.
  95. Mar 2, 2012
    You know what should truly sell you on deus ex? Reading the negative reviews on metacritic. Then cross-compare them with the positive reviews. Then add a dash of common sense and ability to analyse and read between the lines. Now, onto the actual review. Deus ex - has been my favorite game for the past 12 years. And I play a lot of games. Why? It's sure visually aged poorly, it's kind ofYou know what should truly sell you on deus ex? Reading the negative reviews on metacritic. Then cross-compare them with the positive reviews. Then add a dash of common sense and ability to analyse and read between the lines. Now, onto the actual review. Deus ex - has been my favorite game for the past 12 years. And I play a lot of games. Why? It's sure visually aged poorly, it's kind of clunky. So surely that means I deduct a few points right there? No. Deus ex is the true definition of a masterpiece, it gives you true options - options that the lesser masterpiece human revolution can't even match. It still stands alone as something incredible - the only problem is that now people have to look past the age (if they are coming in fresh). Each hub (or sectioned level) offers hundreds possible 'ways' to achieve a simple goal. Let me explain - It's like this; there is a simple thing you need to do. You need to infiltrate a building and get past all the guards in the building so you can download an important document (this is hypothetical). Now, there are about 10-15 different 'ways' you can get into the building and each 'way' has branching 'options'. So options, lead to options, lead to options. You take choice 5 out of 15 and go through the sewers instead of the top, no strike that - you decide going above ground is best, so you get a crane and lower the shaft so you can sneak across onto the roof - no strike that, you decide to go full force and shoot everyone in your path - no strike that, you decide to go to the building manager and get a keypass, now when you open the caravan that the manager is in, it has cameras inside it, so you hack those cameras to work for you. You then threaten the manager with information you have on him, that you picked up off a nearby computer - then you walk past the guards and enter the keypass into the door slot. You walk strait in, and decide to open a vent that leads you to the roof, in which you plant explosives that might distract the guards. You walk up to the heavily guarded entrance to your objective - and you remotely detonate the explosive, all the guards run towards the threat and you walk into the room. Problem solved. Now, that thing you did was one of a few hundred things you could have done to achive that same 8 minute objective. Now you have 30 hours of incredible globe trotting, storytelling, twists turns, cities, exploration - all with that very level of freedom options. It's mindblowing. That's what you need to understand when you boot up deus ex and see some janky graphics and blocky models. No, this is not just 'some first person shooter' dig deeper. And find one of the true miracles of gaming. This game needs a 999/10 score made specifically for it. Masterpiece is a painful understatement. This is a revolution in gaming that never took off. So far ahead of it's time that nothing else can quite match it. I truly hope the developers of human revolution make another deus ex game - because I think they had the right idea. They did not 'quite' pull off 'deus ex'. But I have a feeling they are heading towards something great. And that's promising. Expand
  96. Feb 24, 2012
    How impressive it has to be a monument for quality in game development, and how awful it is, that no game has beaten the complexity, non linearity and depth of this game for over 11 years. Deus Ex is perfect, and I wish that every serious game developer takes it as one.

Eh, I wish there were more games like this.
  97. Feb 1, 2012
    If you are after a great rpg, please buy this game. It's only problem is graphs and the few glitches but why should this stop someone from getting immersed in possibly the best story line ever, along with its great mechanics (you can walk around with no arms and legs for gods sake!). Please ignore the people that got mad at level one because they cannot complete it, this game requires timeIf you are after a great rpg, please buy this game. It's only problem is graphs and the few glitches but why should this stop someone from getting immersed in possibly the best story line ever, along with its great mechanics (you can walk around with no arms and legs for gods sake!). Please ignore the people that got mad at level one because they cannot complete it, this game requires time and skill as should any game. please buy this game. Expand
  98. Dec 23, 2011
    Ignore the limited number of negative reviews surrounding this game. This has to be one of the greatest RPG video games to ever exist. Sure, the graphics look shoddy nowadays, but the characters, storyline and gameplay still hold up today. It will keep you hooked from start to finish, and lets you play however you want.
  99. Dec 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Combining several games such as System Shock, Half-Life and the Matrix, you create one of the best FPS/RPG hybrid games of all time. Although add-ons enhance this game with better textures and bug fixes, the overall game is very awesome combined with a balance of good sound, story and the environment. Only drawbacks are the chunky dialogue and buggy gaming performance (which did not work well on Windows 7). Expand
  100. Nov 22, 2011
    This is one of the best games I've ever played. I never played it until 2011, but after playing the 3rd installment of the series (which I enjoyed a lot), I decided to try out the earliest version. I was not disappointed in the slightest. In fact, I enjoyed this game even more than the 3rd one. I'm usually not a fan of FPS games, I've tried many but their has only been a couple that IThis is one of the best games I've ever played. I never played it until 2011, but after playing the 3rd installment of the series (which I enjoyed a lot), I decided to try out the earliest version. I was not disappointed in the slightest. In fact, I enjoyed this game even more than the 3rd one. I'm usually not a fan of FPS games, I've tried many but their has only been a couple that I liked enough to sink into for more than an hour or two. But this is a FPS with a well written and thought out story, and the way the FPS and RPG elements are intertwined is done perfectly. There's enough side missions to get you exploring all the nooks and crannies of the well designed world, and the story forks off in several directions depending on your decisions, allowing for you to play a few areas several times to see what happens in each story line. There is a lot of awesome gaming in this game. Expand
  101. May 25, 2011
    Best Game ever when you know that not even the people who made it, cannot even repeat the same level of genius that this game is. It is truly one of kind in terms of level design, story, atmosphere, characters and things that are not even seen in other games. Whenever somebody mentions the name of this game people reinstall it back onto their computers, but in my case I always keep itBest Game ever when you know that not even the people who made it, cannot even repeat the same level of genius that this game is. It is truly one of kind in terms of level design, story, atmosphere, characters and things that are not even seen in other games. Whenever somebody mentions the name of this game people reinstall it back onto their computers, but in my case I always keep it installed on my PC to remind me how amazing gaming can get. Collapse

Moody and atmospheric, compelling and addictive, this is first person gaming in grown-up form, and it truly is magnificent.
  2. CNET Gamecenter
    Oftentimes brilliant, sometimes frustrating, and always riveting, "Deus Ex" could be game-of-the-year material if not for its many glaring flaws.
  3. It is, as a game, everything you could ask for... and it's absolutely a blast to play.