6.5

1. Apr 8, 2014
    What a kick in the face... $40? For this crap? Stop making games Blizzard. You aren't good at it anymore. Least of all you're overcharging us for things we should have had in the first place.
  2. Apr 7, 2014
    Unfortunately I cannot recommend buying Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls. Expansion adds very little to the game or endgame - its mainly just rifts and bounties. Legendary drop rates are abysmal and set item drops are almost nonexistent. Blizzard doesn't want its players to have fun, they want us to grind for months for a single upgrade. Game could have been great but sadly its unrewarding and shallow.
  3. Mar 31, 2014
    Reaper of souls was Activision-Blizzards attempt to fix the abomination that was D3. Instead of putting the game back on path their brilliant idea was to add 1 weak character and limit trading. I purchased D3 specifically for the trading aspect of the game, it was what I enjoyed in the originals.
  4. Mar 31, 2014
    This is merely a DLC disguised and sold as an expansion. The amount content in this "expansion" is the about same as a $10-$15 DLC, the price tag of $40 is definitely not justifiable at all. The only notable additions this expansion brings are only the Crusader (which is kind of uninspired) and the new act, the rest of the content is very lackluster.

The new Adventure Mode fails to

The new Adventure Mode fails to provide a new alternative to the gameplay, because it is the ONLY game mode worth playing. Once you unlock Adventure Mode there's no point in playing Story Mode anymore, as all the new game mechanics are only available in Adventure Mode. It would be better if they had introduced new mechanics to both modes so players have more choices when it comes to playing the game.

Mystic/Enchanting is a feature that was supposed to be in the original D3, but was apparently "scrapped" and then conveniently packaged into the expansion as a "new" feature. This makes one question the business ethics of Activision-Blizzard, what more content has been cut in order to be sold together with the future expansions as "new" features?

Gambling (Blood shards) is a mechanic already found in D2 but was then somehow missing in the original D3, only to appear in this expansion as another "new" feature. Aside from that, it is currently considered a waste of time and effort to "gamble", as the chances of getting legendaries from gambling are extremely low, even after the latest hotfix.

Speaking of legendaries, the new legendaries (not the re-revamped vanilla legendaries. Yes, RE-revamped.) are only a handful, and most of them are still as boring as the old ones, with boring stats and mods, no small part due to the still-broken itemization. Getting the ones you really want will now be an even arduous task, as you can no longer freely trade with others thanks to the Bind-on-Account system.

Bounties and Rifts are new gameplay mechanics found in Adventure Mode, nothing remarkable about them. Bounties only provide you with specific target to kill for an reward and rifts only serve as a minor distraction from the mindless and monotonous grinding.

However, if you insist on buying this game, I would recommend waiting for the price to drop before getting it. This game is NOT worth $40, do not continue to line Acti-Blizz's pockets by paying so much for so little.
  5. Apr 1, 2014
    What a load of crap! EUR 40, for what can only be considered DLC at best. Let’s hope activation doesn't acquire Burger king lest they start charging their customers for after-meal toothpicks, breath mints and toilet privileges. Guys, there's much better value out there - path of exile, the torchlight series, Diablo 2 (with the mods). Save your dough for worthwhile titles and flush thisWhat a load of crap! EUR 40, for what can only be considered DLC at best. Let’s hope activation doesn't acquire Burger king lest they start charging their customers for after-meal toothpicks, breath mints and toilet privileges. Guys, there's much better value out there - path of exile, the torchlight series, Diablo 2 (with the mods). Save your dough for worthwhile titles and flush this turd back to the activision / blizzard abyss from where it came. Expand
  6. Mar 29, 2014
    Wow can it be any more obvious that these so called professional "critics" are obviously bought and paid for. There is noway this xpac deserves an 84 rating, not even close. There is STILL no pvp, STILL online only, now there is no trading, and the battlenet 2.0 still sucks compared to 1.0.

BTW, is this made by Blizzard or EA? I can't tell the difference anymore. Both are greedy companies putting out sub-par unfinished products.
  7. Mar 30, 2014
    Vanilla D3 was (and still is) a ripoff, a fraud that completely obliterated what was left of Blizzard's reputation as a quality video games developer. The only reason why it didn't end in a lawsuit is that gamers don't take games seriously enough. (BTW, all that “it's just a game, you're taking it too seriously” is BS systematically cultivated by game publishing companies themselvesVanilla D3 was (and still is) a ripoff, a fraud that completely obliterated what was left of Blizzard's reputation as a quality video games developer. The only reason why it didn't end in a lawsuit is that gamers don't take games seriously enough. (BTW, all that “it's just a game, you're taking it too seriously” is BS systematically cultivated by game publishing companies themselves because it allows them to sell crappy products repeatedly and get away with it. Just because it's entertainment doesn't mean it must be of abysmal quality.)

If Blizzard actually wanted to make amends for the D3 fiasco they would have done the following (*BEFORE* even starting to work on any expansion):
    1) Make the game available offline on PC (this is the *ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FIRST STEP* and without it everything else is useless).
    2) Scratch the RMAH but keep the GAH.
    3) Release Loot 2.0 and actual (non-arena) PVP as a *FREE* DLC and re-balance skills in a sane manner that would allow more that one viable build per class.

As we all know, none of the above has ever happened so both D3 and RoS obviously deserve a score of 0.

P.S. I will not buy this expansion and will boycott all future Blizzard releases.
  8. Mar 27, 2014
    An OK expansion as far as the gameplay goes, but it's way too short. I finished it in just a few hours and I've already ground the main game so much I don't feel like doing it again. Already when playing through this expansion, even though the setting and graphics are kind of different, you find yourself not attacking the monsters and just walking past them because it's tiresome and justAn OK expansion as far as the gameplay goes, but it's way too short. I finished it in just a few hours and I've already ground the main game so much I don't feel like doing it again. Already when playing through this expansion, even though the setting and graphics are kind of different, you find yourself not attacking the monsters and just walking past them because it's tiresome and just not that fun anymore. For this price tag I expect much more content, honestly unless you feel like you have to buy this, wait for the price to drop or give this one a miss! Last time I paid good money for a short expansion like this was for Half Life: Blue Shift, which was good but too short as well and the reviews made a point of that! It baffles me that RoS gets such good reviews. Expand
  9. Mar 30, 2014
    I give this a solid 3.
    It's too expensive for it's content,it will never be a successor for diablo 2.
    But at least it's an upgrade to diablo 3. In my opinion,if you hated d3 vanilla,don't buy it. If you were okay with it,wait for cheaper price. If you liked the game,go buy it. All is see is 0 or 10 scores,nobody writes a rational review. I'm sorry this became an overpriced DLC,but
    I give this a solid 3.
    It's too expensive for it's content,it will never be a successor for diablo 2.
    But at least it's an upgrade to diablo 3.
    In my opinion,if you hated d3 vanilla,don't buy it.
    If you were okay with it,wait for cheaper price.
    If you liked the game,go buy it.
    All is see is 0 or 10 scores,nobody writes a rational review.
    I'm sorry this became an overpriced DLC,but for some it's worth,for others(like me) just go play something else.
  10. Apr 9, 2014
    Embarrassing. Really embarrassing. This was supposed to be a free patch, a thank you to those who have thrown their money to the publication of poor Diablo 3. Instead they ask for another 30 Euro. 30 euro for a patch. To which are added the 50 already spent. Total: 80€ to play, after two years, a decent version of the game! Never again Blizzard!!!
  11. Mar 27, 2014
    This game was extremely short for the overinflated asking price. It looked the same as it's parent game, and played pretty much the same as well. When I finished the expansion, I was in total disbelief that I spent $40 on what amounts to less than two hours of content. Unacceptable.
  12. Mar 30, 2014
    This so called "Addon" is worse than a CoD DLC. 2 Hours of new Content and no Cinematic at the end is a joke if you consider it cost nearly as much as a full price title. Also no new exciting or innovative features they just recycle old stuff to get more easy money. Bli$$ard is the same as EA nowadays. Really it doesnt even fix the main issues of the core game and they sell it for 40$This so called "Addon" is worse than a CoD DLC. 2 Hours of new Content and no Cinematic at the end is a joke if you consider it cost nearly as much as a full price title. Also no new exciting or innovative features they just recycle old stuff to get more easy money. Bli$$ard is the same as EA nowadays. Really it doesnt even fix the main issues of the core game and they sell it for 40$ really? Worst ARPG on the market. Expand
  13. Apr 3, 2014
    Reaper of Souls should have been free. A fifth Act plus a new class doesn't justify the $40 price tag. This expansion largely serves to correct the massive flaw of the core game.
  14. Mar 27, 2014
    Ok so here we go again... In 2012 my cousin bought the game despite i told him not to do so (he was 14 y old at the time) and we were so frustrated by the errors and the game mechanics that I created an account here and made a "review" (it was an inmature ranting that we posted in a childish yet funny brainstorm, which was the most fun he could get from that night). So, in an attempt toOk so here we go again... In 2012 my cousin bought the game despite i told him not to do so (he was 14 y old at the time) and we were so frustrated by the errors and the game mechanics that I created an account here and made a "review" (it was an inmature ranting that we posted in a childish yet funny brainstorm, which was the most fun he could get from that night). So, in an attempt to squeeze the fun from the original title, my now almost 16 years old cousin bought this "expansion" and invited me to test it just like last time. The result was obviously better than the original title, but not by far: the new class was interesting in concept, and at first it looked pretty awesome, but we couldnt get a hold of that feeling completely, as the skill system is awful, and we cannot customize him. Note that you could release the assasin from d2 itself, but you wouldnt get an awesome "charachter" feeling when you have no choice over the development of said "charachter". It's not an ARPG its an AG. The lvl cap raise was something standard in Blizzard, and the loot offered in the previous patch, "the loot 2.0" wasnt even a feature of this "expansion", except for the new items it brings, which is standard in "expansions". So it only remains the new arc, which is not that bad at least not as far as we got (we got bored after an hour or so), but in my opinion it could be something out of a DLC rather than an "expansion". So, you can get this for WHAT? 40 bucks?. Insane. You can get 10 lvls more, some more loot to grind, an average plotted but very long side quest, some runes and skills, and a new class, which seems pretty awesome, but suffers from the horrible game mechanichs making it completely boring after an hour of gameplay. That, my friends is a 10 bucks DLC for me, not an "expansion". Blizzard should have looked at their first works. Those were some expansions, and at that time, expansions didnt have to include much more content beacuse of the games being shorter, yet they included far enough. So, the night ended on frustration again, and with my cousin being almost 16 years old, I couldnt get him to write a childish rant like last time, so this time we had not fun, and I am writing this rant alone and somewhat sad. Im also thinking about playing some Diablo 2 just for the nostalgia feeling, but I know if I do, I'll stay playing, because it is a fantastic game. Expand
  15. Mar 27, 2014
    Terrible. Absolutely ABYSMAL. Loot 2.0 was a backpatch in disguise, first they stripped meaningful content in the game at launch, then they repackage it into loot 2.0 and RoS as content for the new expansion. That is bull **** Blizzard and you know it. Stripping items from a previous version to then resell as NEW content is FRAUD. If I had the resources I would ensure you suffered severeTerrible. Absolutely ABYSMAL. Loot 2.0 was a backpatch in disguise, first they stripped meaningful content in the game at launch, then they repackage it into loot 2.0 and RoS as content for the new expansion. That is bull **** Blizzard and you know it. Stripping items from a previous version to then resell as NEW content is FRAUD. If I had the resources I would ensure you suffered severe legal penalties. Expand
  16. Mar 31, 2014
    Not sure how blizzard gets away with making a great expansion to make obvious fixes to such a horrible mistake, especially without cutting their existing customers a significant financial deal. $40 or $50 would be a fair price for the base game updated to include Reaper of Souls. $40 to fix the abomination that was the base game is ridiculous. $10 for the expansion would be fair afterNot sure how blizzard gets away with making a great expansion to make obvious fixes to such a horrible mistake, especially without cutting their existing customers a significant financial deal. $40 or $50 would be a fair price for the base game updated to include Reaper of Souls. $40 to fix the abomination that was the base game is ridiculous. $10 for the expansion would be fair after suffering d3's auction house that virtually destroyed great loot drops for almost two years.

Blizzard has demolished their goodwill. If you think them "fixing" the game is enough to make things right, they only did so because they squeezed all the blood they could out of the auction house turnip. This fix was the only way to maintain long-term profitability, and they withheld it until now. The console version was awesome. Regardless of what their awesome developers do, it's clear that ridiculously excessive corporate greed is baked into the company culture, and until now it's prevented the PC version from being on par with ancient consoles.
  17. Mar 27, 2014
    40€ price in Europe (thats US$54) does not correspond to the amountof content in this expansion. Although Blizzard has made the game better from what it used to be, plainly unplayable, I have to say that there is still no end game content, that for most casual players the frist playthrough will be over in about 4 hours.
    Most of us, undedicated blizzard fans, will be playing this for 20
    Most of us, undedicated blizzard fans, will be playing this for 20 hours most. It is clearly a money grab and I advice everyone not to buy for this price. It is a rip-off with so many other options arounds. DO NOT BUY unless you feel the need to get frustrated. Wait for a more sensible price.. You have been warned.
  18. Mar 27, 2014
    It's the same boring thing over and over and over again, this is more a DLC than whatever.
    The same rush for new itens, hours and hours doing the same stuff to get better gear to kill monsters with huge HP.
  19. Mar 29, 2014
    Very bad ARPG designed for non gamers. Shallow, streamlined, roller coastery mundane garbage that never should have been released. Degenerating the entire genre forever marking Blizzard as cash grabbing incompetents that are only in the industry for making money, not producing quality.
  20. Mar 30, 2014
    Make no mistake: This isn't worth $40.00, and does nothing to improve this game.

After playing D3 under the new patch for a couple of hours, I realized that the same, fundamental problems persist: Mainly that the itemization is WoWified, and lacks the complexity and awesomeness that D2:LoD possessed. Basically, just get the highest DPS on any main hand weapon, and then fill your other slots with Main Stat + Health. Game play is still a predetermined mess: Monster fires at you from across the screen, you move to dodge, but alas, the hit was determined before the first animated bullet was fired.

Total mess.

Also: I love that the hundreds of 10s and 9s read like the same script, and are posted by people who have never posted before. I smell Blizzard's PR team at work here.
  21. Apr 2, 2014
    Look at all those 10s... its probably a joke considering that the $40 price tag for a so called "expansion" with the content that matches of DLC packs for a game that had many basic features stripped naked of its base game so blizzard could make an extra buck now... not to mention that the game is still missing several key contents requested by its community...
  22. Mar 27, 2014
    Expansion? Nop its exactly the same stuff as original diablo 3. They just raised the skill lvl by 10 and multiplied stats by 3 and that's it. You pay 40 dollars for something most companies would call a DLC and charge 5 dollars for. This is just waste of money. There is still no itemization or character customization
  23. Mar 27, 2014
    This is a pure cash grab. The new content is not even 5 hours long and that was on Torment 1 level difficulty. On the lowest difficulty setting it would have taken about 2 hours. As if that wasn't terrible enough, the loot system (which is the absolute core of this game) is absolutely dismal. Expect to be grinding for literaly thousands of hours if you want good gear - and if you don'tThis is a pure cash grab. The new content is not even 5 hours long and that was on Torment 1 level difficulty. On the lowest difficulty setting it would have taken about 2 hours. As if that wasn't terrible enough, the loot system (which is the absolute core of this game) is absolutely dismal. Expect to be grinding for literaly thousands of hours if you want good gear - and if you don't care about gear then there really is no reason what so ever to play Diablo 3 with or without RoS. The story is boring and predictable, the graphics are pre-2010... basically a lower then average ARPG with an insanely high price tag and nothing more.

Blizzard is pure scum in my eyes. Don't support this profit-hungry company by falling for their scam products!
  24. Mar 29, 2014
    Nothing new about this expansion. Same stupid authentication problems plague this game and because you need to be connected to battlenet even in single player random dc ruins the game. Random lag because connection issues and random crashes.
    Little bit too expensive considering how little content this expansion adds. Storyline seems to be little bit far fetched. If this would have been free DLC score would have been little bit better.
    At this moment Diablo 3 franchise is just another "money cow" for blizzard and quality suffers. Smooth launch is just frankly stupid argument to praise games when expansion or should i say DLC does not add anything new to genre. Poor excuse to try to fix failed game with expansion.
  25. Mar 31, 2014
    Yet another Blizzard game that is fun for the first 3 hours then it's the most repetitive game you've ever played.

ARPGs are meant for long term play, D2 and PoE are prime examples of great longevity - D3 nor D3 RoS provide ANY longevity AT ALL. They are ruining the genre and everyone should issue a refund.
  26. Mar 28, 2014
    Diablo3 and ros is the worst game that blizzard ever produced.Blizzard north should have done this game.Ros is just another way for blizz to earn cash on silly kids who like cartoon graphics and cheezy story(diablo story makes my head hurt,a lot).My advice is,do not buy this cause it's not exp,it's minor dlc,and it should be free for all who bought diablo 3.Nothing is changed,just biggerDiablo3 and ros is the worst game that blizzard ever produced.Blizzard north should have done this game.Ros is just another way for blizz to earn cash on silly kids who like cartoon graphics and cheezy story(diablo story makes my head hurt,a lot).My advice is,do not buy this cause it's not exp,it's minor dlc,and it should be free for all who bought diablo 3.Nothing is changed,just bigger numbers,some maps,all the flaws are still there(bad items,awful story,shiny graphics,diablo is still a girl(the lord of hell-is a girl),cain is dead,tyreal is boring,magda still talks(more then a lot),they all talk like girls and they should be prime evils and archangels,no end movie on ros,no runes,no charms,no abillty points...I could go all night but now there is one good thing,yes,one.Combat is fun(for 2 hours) and then it's just pain for eyes and ears and it's abomination to diablo franchise.I'll pretend that with LOD diablo universe ended.Will never buy any blizz product in my life(and i'm gamer since 1992,DIABLO 1 greatest fan in the world),it's pain for me to even use word diablo 3. Expand
  27. Mar 30, 2014
    I just made this account to announce that I am also boycotting Blizzards for that impertinence of theirs. They did not live up to their promises in the past, know they want us to pay for their fail! Their are a lot of good games on the market. Get something with a real play value for your money like Banished, Jazzpunk or even Path of Exile if you need the real Action RPG feeling.
  28. Mar 28, 2014
    What a cash grab game. I honestly don't understand why they removed all character skill building aspects of the game.

Everyone uses the same skills. All the items look the same. Content in the game is extremely repetitive.

Who would play this game when you have so many SO MANY ARPGS to pick from right now.
  29. Mar 27, 2014
    It took me 2 hours to finish the new content and now I am left with replaying the same content over and over again. I expected much more from the expansion based on failings of the last launch, but I am left with more disappointment yet again. Sorry, this is my honest opinion - I miss old-school Blizzard.
  30. Mar 25, 2014
    Average ARPG at best. This is DLC disguised an expansion. It's a cash grab. That's pretty much all it is. Luckily I can review this having played at a friends and therefore saved £32.99.

Oh and people giving it extra points due to a "smooth launch" are ridiculous. Smooth launches should be standard practice.

Oh how standards and expectations have slipped.
  31. Mar 27, 2014
    40 bucks for the added amount of content is a joke.
    People dont get fooled by blizzard again, its a disguised, very expensive dlc, no need to waste so much money on something this shallow!
  32. Mar 26, 2014
    Same old, same old fail.

This game will be some fun for a few weeks, then back to utter fail. Still not even a shadow of Diablo 2.

Activi$$ion/Bli%%ard cash grab
  33. Mar 27, 2014
    Honestly i played through it on my lvl108 paragon demon hunter on torment 2 and cleared act V in under 2 hours. other then styling your Armour, and the old gear being boosted to level 70 instead of level 60(including the same names), and one extra character its exactly the same game with 2hrs more game play for $40. Loot 2.0 is from the old game for those who seem to think its from theHonestly i played through it on my lvl108 paragon demon hunter on torment 2 and cleared act V in under 2 hours. other then styling your Armour, and the old gear being boosted to level 70 instead of level 60(including the same names), and one extra character its exactly the same game with 2hrs more game play for $40. Loot 2.0 is from the old game for those who seem to think its from the expansion. And the story line makes completely no sense at all, it completely breaks the whole game history/universe(if you know the universe)

All in all im giving it a fair zero reasoning's are:
    New Act +1

Zero replay-ability -1
    Calling it an expansion when its a DLC -1
    Price -1
    Cinematic are next to nothing at all -1

5 being an average or starter score, 8 bad points, 3 good points equals a score of 0 unless my math is wrong.

See 3 movies at the cinemas you will get far more enjoyment and 3 times more bang for buck.
  34. Mar 25, 2014
    I know that as an aRPG fan and Diablo 2 veteran I'm no longer blizzards key demographic and that Blizzard is more about bringing games to people who never played video games before - i.e. Bashiok's (ex D3 CM) grandmother.
    But still I feel like I have to at least voice my opinion on this. Okay let's go ahead:
    Good about RoS is, that they finally introduced a mode were you don't have to

Good about RoS is, that they finally introduced a mode were you don't have to experience the sad excuse of a storyline. Even if you don't know the Diablo lore you probably think the story is annoying, obvious and feels like reading a really bad comic book. As a Diablo fan you will recognize many inconsistencies with previous games/books and the story is an insult and disgrace.

The new adventure mode allows you do go whereever you want - great, but can someone please tell who the f*ck seriously thought that not being able to switch acts is good? I mean how BAD, just how goddamn bad of a designer do you have to be.

Now on to the problems that STILL persists:

The loot is one-dimensional, some people actually think that "loot 2.0" fixed it, but they will come back complaining when they hit the next upgrade wall. Again, the real problem is that loot is one-dimensional. More is always better, there are no interesting choices what piece of gear to use. This doesn't change just because the legendary items now have some gimmicky proc effects.

As the itemization, the skill system also has 0 depth. Zero. You chose 6 skills and 6 runes and now 4 passive skills. Wow. Such choice. There is NO way to customize your build besides gear - which doesn't have the necessery depth to make up for this horrible excuse of a skill system. The reason point based skillsystems ARE more interesting is because having the same skills does not equal having the same playstyle. Think of a necromancer (there still isn't a summoning class in D3 - lol) that has an attack spell/support and his minions. Although people chose the exact same skills, in a point based system they can have a different focus - thus CUSTOMIZING a given build to their playstyle.

Skill damage is dependend on you weapon damage and main attribute. This is one of the most r*etarded things ever designed, whoever did this - please leave the industry for good. I mean seriously, I don't know how but they managed to make the attributes even more shallow and boring than Diablo 2 - where at least you had to decide max block yes/no etc.

Blizzard, why have you forsaken us? I refuse to believe that catering to a wider, more casual audience means you have to leave the fans of the prequels in the rain. You could have made a real Diablo 3 and the casual people would have still played through it one or two times and would have had a blast and the Diablo2 vets would have had a true successor for the next 10 years.

All in all 4/10 - below average.
  35. Mar 26, 2014
    its a same boring casual diablo 3. minimum changes 40 euro for this not a option. I never forgive launch diablo3 faill. Blizard become suck
  36. Apr 2, 2014
    Although the adventure mode is a welcome and even necessary addition, it is way overdue and should have been included in a free patch or better yet, the original game, which was a total sham. I cannot comment on the crusader, since i have not played him, neither will i. The real issue is that the same core problems of vanilla still persist in reaper of souls and will never go away.
    * Itemization is still problematic. Yes, you can more easily find loot suited for your character due to "smarter" drops. Yet, since there are no customizable stats, you still want the same old stats on each and every item. Vit, main stat, crit chance... It made the looting boring as hell before and it still does. No change here. It's still just an up the numbers game with very little thought required. I tried out Loot 2.0 extensively before the expansion hit and although they did rework the legendaries, they still do not provide build opportunities. Either they now have some sort of silly and barely significant proc effect or just add to the numbers. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, switching legendaries is not drastically going to alter your playstyle.
    * Still very little character customization. The mystic artisan now offers transmogrification, which is a plus, but the real character customization should be in your choice of skills. More skills are viable now, but play out the same. The paragon system is also a lame, tacked-on quick fix for an actual stat allocation scheme. It's like admitting you were wrong not to include it, yet nevertheless not fixing it either.
    * Dps is still completely derived of your weapon damage which is retarded, since it can make you run around with weapons that your class should never be using and make you look moronic.

This is all due to inital game design and will most likely never be fixed. Otherwise, they would have done it by now.
    Lastly, and this may be personal, but the price is way too high for an expansion, especially one of which half it's content should've been patched in free (adventure mode). Sorry, but 40 euros for a 3 hour act and one new class ? That's just a blatant rip off.
  37. GWJ
    Mar 29, 2014
    Was going to write a long review for this game but simply not worth my time.Basicly about $9.99 worth of DLC called an expansion for $40.They went BOA to stop the RMT but bots are already running rampad.This "expansion" does not fix core problems with D3 vanilla with is utter garbage.Save your $40 if you must have this game wait a couple months this stinker will be in a bargin bin near you.
  38. Mar 26, 2014
    This here is a patch-fix/dlc to fix most brokeng things, ive finished the story in about 5 hours. Blizzard is really getting greedy on its game latelty, I will expect an ingame store as in wow, I recommend you buy other games for those 40 euros.
  39. Mar 25, 2014
    40$ for increased stats on items? Boring farming modes that get repetitive which is no solution to the real problems of the game. So what ill get superb gear in the first week and then what still no upgrades? And they add ladder for what since there is no economy? At least they should've kept trade in person if they wanted so badly to remove AH. Items was problem not the AH and trading.40$ for increased stats on items? Boring farming modes that get repetitive which is no solution to the real problems of the game. So what ill get superb gear in the first week and then what still no upgrades? And they add ladder for what since there is no economy? At least they should've kept trade in person if they wanted so badly to remove AH. Items was problem not the AH and trading. And why i still dont see PVP? I was promised to get it like a two years ago. Expand
  40. Mar 26, 2014
    1 act 1 class for 40$ is just too few. Still no endgame. Also, BoA will kill the game. Basically everything Kripp says in his review is true. Surely people are hooked now and will be for some days, but in a couple of weeks even the slower one will realize the trick.
  41. Mar 25, 2014
    The 85 (so far) positive scores are submitted by people who don't understand Diablo is a hardcore franchise. D3 was a disaster, and the expansion does not do enough to address that catastrophe. Once again we see Blizzard catering to a casual crowd; the end result is a garbled mess of a console game masquerading as a PC aRPG. There are way better aRPGs out there. Go play Path of ExileThe 85 (so far) positive scores are submitted by people who don't understand Diablo is a hardcore franchise. D3 was a disaster, and the expansion does not do enough to address that catastrophe. Once again we see Blizzard catering to a casual crowd; the end result is a garbled mess of a console game masquerading as a PC aRPG. There are way better aRPGs out there. Go play Path of Exile instead if you're not a casual gamer. Expand
  42. Mar 26, 2014
    As this game felt the whole time since launch: A money machine. nothing else.

The gameplay is the same pile of garbage as the original. the story is not as bad but still bad. the voice acting sounds cheesy. and there's no real progression whatsoever. Not to mention that the price should be MUCH lower than it actually is, there is not much content in that expansion that justifies
    As this game felt the whole time since launch: A money machine. nothing else.

The gameplay is the same pile of garbage as the original.
    the story is not as bad but still bad.
    the voice acting sounds cheesy.
    and there's no real progression whatsoever.

Not to mention that the price should be MUCH lower than it actually is, there is not much content in that expansion that justifies it's current price and after the disaster that D3 was (and it was) you would think that the Blizzard will be smart enough to try to sell us an expansion at a lower price to attract more customers (not to mention to make it up for us after that shameful release that is D3).

Stay away from this game.
  43. Mar 27, 2014
    This game is nothing but pure steaming pile of horse **** made by blizzard to make more money on stupid players who bought it and think they will fix broken game in expansion.

play path of exile or solitaire. I don't care, I am going to install Diablo 2 again.
  44. Mar 26, 2014
    The game is still full of lag. This expansion is a waste of money. And this game is still pay to win in design, you need lots of those tradable crafting materials to get a good level 70 item
  45. Apr 2, 2014
    I dont even know where to start this review, everything is sad about this title i dont usually even bother to log in and write reviews of games but this heap they call an expansion is clearly not 2 years of work worths. Blizzard you should be ashamed of yourself releasing such a restricted game with no trading at all except for the players that was in your game when the item dropped.

I

I feel ripped off quite frankly, it will surely be the last game i ever buy from you blizzard. And im sure im not the only one feeling that way.
  46. Mar 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nice Great game.

Except DLC for 40 bucks is a joke.

NOt worth it, ever.

Thanks for releasing a free DLC for 40 bucks that contains features that was "suppose to be on" diablo 3, 2 years ago.

Great Move Blizzard
  47. Mar 27, 2014
    40$ DLC for the biggest fail ever made, Diablo 3. I cant come up with a single thing in this game that is good. Bad story, bad voice acting, bad graphics, bad map design, cinematic looks good but story in it is bad (Dragon Ball Z), bad gameplay. This game is made for children. Do not buy if you are older than 12.
  48. Apr 12, 2014
    If you liked diablo 2 you will hate this. It is more of the same diablo 3 trash.
    No real customization, no pvp, it's all just grinding and farming. Don't give blizzard your money, the absolutely only difference now is more bad content to grind and legendarily drop like candy at halloween for god knows what reason, I think that's blizzard's idea of "fixing" loot. The legendaries are stupid, they're the same +stats and one gimicky effect. How about you add some legendaries that have unique abilities and can add special skills that you normally can't get like D2 did blizzard, you lazy devs.
  49. Mar 25, 2014
    Overall, okay. Better than D3V, but that isn't saying much. It's still not an ARPG. Still not anywhere close to as good as D2:LoD. Still has untapped potential that will never be realized, and still....everyone praising the game will abandon ship in a few weeks.
  50. Mar 29, 2014
    same crap different asshoo. nothing changed actually, all the same retarded design from the first game is still there. loot 2.0? that is something you should implied into the game in day one. but it took 2 years to figure that your loot system sucks. let's teach them a lesson and teach it well. i will never again buy a crap from blizzard. it is done. i would give -10 if it is possible butsame crap different asshoo. nothing changed actually, all the same retarded design from the first game is still there. loot 2.0? that is something you should implied into the game in day one. but it took 2 years to figure that your loot system sucks. let's teach them a lesson and teach it well. i will never again buy a crap from blizzard. it is done. i would give -10 if it is possible but i can't. so "0" is fair. Expand
  51. Mar 25, 2014
    Just one character and raising the level cap is worth $40? For shame! This is not an expansion, it is a patch!
    So sad to see our once beloved Blizzard fall to such new lows.
  52. Mar 25, 2014
    Wow, blizzard is constrained to release expansion for a miserable sequel and a real disaster. They didn't have the money to make a movie at the end of chapter 5 C' mon. They nerfed spell we liked for spell we never used before. Every legendary are bind on account, if you die you can jump right back into action, magnet potion for kids who doesn't like to loot and you are forced to lootWow, blizzard is constrained to release expansion for a miserable sequel and a real disaster. They didn't have the money to make a movie at the end of chapter 5 C' mon. They nerfed spell we liked for spell we never used before. Every legendary are bind on account, if you die you can jump right back into action, magnet potion for kids who doesn't like to loot and you are forced to loot white item to scrap them with the same sized inventory. This game is sooo boring, they did not even upgrade pvp. This game is made for pre teenager and it is now a grind fest to get nothing at the end because everything you do or find is bind on account and they didn't fix any mess in d3. They insulted all of us by saying only 2% didn't like Diablo3 I'm sorry but 70% didn't like it at all and they need to admit they are incapable to listen what people really want. Removing AH is the only thing this expansion has to offer and 4 hours of gameplay for 40$. ZERO ZERO ZERO is my score on a scale of 100. Expand
  53. Jul 22, 2014
    I don't think they should charge $40 for what looks to be an glorified expansion pack. Game seems way too boring to keep a player entertained for much. Game should have been like this when originally released.
  54. Dec 11, 2014
    Another cash grab. One new act, one character class, adventure mode, etc do not justify the price. More of the same thing. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 7/10 - not too shabby, though could be optimized further 2. Gameplay: 3/10 - nothing new here. Gameplay becomes mind-numbing. 3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting or engaging at all 4. Multiplayer: 2/10 - removal of auction

1. Graphics: 7/10 - not too shabby, though could be optimized further
    2. Gameplay: 3/10 - nothing new here. Gameplay becomes mind-numbing.
    3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting or engaging at all
    4. Multiplayer: 2/10 - removal of auction house was good, but adventure mode and rifts do not add much replay value.

Overall, below average game.
  55. Dec 16, 2014
    This game is terrible. This is a great disappointment for those of us that played the original Diablo and D2, Blizzard has changed greatly and it saddens me that this once great studio lost it's way.
  56. Apr 25, 2014
    This game is HORRIBLE. They want to make a online ARPG but cant even provide a good server. You can check their forums and see by yourself the number of topics about LATENCY issues worldwide.
  57. Sep 15, 2014
    Let me start by saying I made a Metacritic account JUST to make this review.

Let me start by saying I made a Metacritic account JUST to make this review.

I've been a Diablo fan since the release of the original Diablo. I've been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. I bought this game based on the opinions of fellow friends that seemed to have good taste in gaming. Many people praised it's incredible gameplay, awesome multiplayer action that would extend for days beyond it's release.

When I first started, the plot seemed exactly what I wanted. The hero is almost immediately involved, checking out the damage done by the meteor that hit the hall. As the cutscene continued, the dialogue kept losing credibility, lots of gaps were made in the unholy plot and the writing was definitely written for a 5th grade audience. These were things I kind of expected. I read a few of the books after playing diablo 2 and they were good when I was a teenager. But this plot? Jesus, don't get me started. I actually spent a good while laughing at the crummy dialogue.

Let me tell you this plot is pretty basic and extremely lackluster compared to the previous two. I beat the game, not once was I hooked or compelled by the story. I don't know how they managed to write such a mediocre plot within YEARS of development. This game is f*cking atrocious in far more aspects than just story, however.

Lets list the problems with the gameplay. First, the skill tree doesn't really require you to know what synergy is. It's practically non-existent. When I first started playing, the visuals were pretty astonishing, but that's not saying much. It looks like WoW that takes place in a graveyard/hell/whatever halloween-related **** setting. It wasn't even mildly horrific. So, then you go on to complete somewhat mundane quests, following the path that blizzard set out for you. The plot line is linear, but even MORE linear than the second! You literally have a check list of things they want you to do and procedurally go through them mindlessly. Normally, I can dig it. It's just the story left such a **** taste in my mouth that I got bored by the third act! I decided to push further, just to beat the game to give a holistic response to this game.

Also.. The BUTCHER? In DIABLO 3? A reused character? Laughable. At least the bosses in D2 were unique and interesting (not to mention, characterized to the setting..)

Items... Let's look at how uncharacterized the items are. Everything boils down to Damage, toughness, healing. This is the naive approach. However, it does delve deeper than that. What's with the ridiculous stat increases? It's unnecessary and makes it slightly harder to estimate. Loot is pointless. There's no dynamic character building because your character gets all the f*cking skills. What's the point? I hardly want to perfect ONE character, much less several different characters that have unique attributes (BECAUSE YOU CAN'T).

No chatrooms. Awesome. One of the most memorable things about Diablo/Starcraft is gone. How did this sound like a good idea? Just make it an option for people who want it.

No making games with actual NAMES to join. Another non-intuitive thing blizzard made by REMOVING features. When is removing features a feasible options to improve a game? It's almost comical.

I don't know if I covered everything about this game that I dislike. I think I threw in a few redeeming qualities but it wasn't much.

Bottom line is, I don't give two sh*ts whether or not your servers work the first time I log in or not if the gameplay is horrid. The fact people are rating this game on that is absolutely absurd to me.

Also, Blizzard fanboys are blinded to crappy games. Not my problem anymore.
  58. Apr 27, 2014
    reaper of souls was but a big patch that overhauled an already terrible loot system with a new one add in bind on account your lucky if you ever find the gear you want then pray its got your stats all in all not worth playing.
  59. Jun 4, 2014
    I don't know what I was expecting when I brought this, don't waste your money . First the story was a huge disappointment specially after the stupid main one, a lot of the changes were probably initially in the main version, then taken out to sell this **** The skill system is still boring and simple. Don't waste your time.
  60. May 21, 2014
    If you love lag in your single player experience this is the game for you. It is a competent ARPG game with some questionable systems put in place. My favorite part is when my single player game loses connection and I get to start at the beginning of whatever quest I was on. Loot 2.0 is understandable in the context of the horrific mess that Diablo 3 was although it leaves the game lackingIf you love lag in your single player experience this is the game for you. It is a competent ARPG game with some questionable systems put in place. My favorite part is when my single player game loses connection and I get to start at the beginning of whatever quest I was on. Loot 2.0 is understandable in the context of the horrific mess that Diablo 3 was although it leaves the game lacking when compared to the ARPG games. The king dethroned itself and with ROS Blizzard has tried to correct their wrongs but arguably the largest detractor from people having fun with it has been left intact. Always online DRM is a self defeating concept that keeps otherwise paying customers far away. I really wanted to like this expansion as Blizzard really did try hard, but after playing it for 20+ hours I am left with regret that I funded this always on shenanigan. Expand
  61. Aug 22, 2014
    Too little, too late... the apparently best relation in user scores is because today true fans of the saga have migrated to Torchlight II, Path of Exile, Van Helsing or Grim Dawn (me included). Also Blizzard manages this game as a MMO, is impossible to do guides because all is subjected to changes on the road.They continuously will add 'content' to maintain us busy none to develop ourToo little, too late... the apparently best relation in user scores is because today true fans of the saga have migrated to Torchlight II, Path of Exile, Van Helsing or Grim Dawn (me included). Also Blizzard manages this game as a MMO, is impossible to do guides because all is subjected to changes on the road.They continuously will add 'content' to maintain us busy none to develop our character: still no abilities, no skill tree, no offline, no mods... like a webgame, something that we don't own, completely forgettable, this is not the Blizzard with which I grew up, is something different that feels... greedy... and in the worst way. Expand
  62. Sep 20, 2014
    Still no single player option? You know what is really nice about games you can play as single player? You never get hacked. Thanks Blizzard, now take a zero.
  63. Apr 22, 2014
    Gameplaywise definitely a great improvement over Diablo 3.

However... This could have been a great game if Blizzard wasn't too greedy/lazy to provide working servers. Constant lag is pretty much the standard in Diablo 3 (and no, the fault's not on my end as everything else is working fine). If you charge 60€ for the original game and another 40€ for an expan-, err, DLC you should
    Gameplaywise definitely a great improvement over Diablo 3.

However...

If you charge 60€ for the original game and another 40€ for an expan-, err, DLC you should AT THE VERY LEAST provide decent servers.

That's the last Blizzard-game I've bought, that's for sure.
  64. Apr 24, 2014
    Unfortunately Bliz has destroyed this series. The game will be fun for a very short time. There is nothing to keep you coming back. Spending endless hours over and over without ever getting a reward for your work is not really my idea of fun.
  65. May 4, 2014
    pure boredom after a month!
    Its very very sad what happend with D3!

Which dev had the great idea that the dmg of my meteor is based on a crossbow...just retarded.
  66. Apr 17, 2014
    The new adventure mode feels linear and you can't switch acts, it only added a loop of the same quests over and over. Little new content was actually added into the game, the expansion is less than what most patches. It would have been nice to see something new but instead it's the same old Diablo 3 minus the auction house.
  67. Apr 27, 2014
    So, ROS does make Diablo 3 a lot closer to Diablo 2 than Vanilla was, but in all honesty, it's just a grind. Sure, it'd better than vanilla Diablo 3, but it's still terrible. You grind for a week to get enough items to change enchants, or make an item, and get terrible stats, and have to start all over again. I may as well go play another MMO instead of Diablo 3... and not one made bySo, ROS does make Diablo 3 a lot closer to Diablo 2 than Vanilla was, but in all honesty, it's just a grind. Sure, it'd better than vanilla Diablo 3, but it's still terrible. You grind for a week to get enough items to change enchants, or make an item, and get terrible stats, and have to start all over again. I may as well go play another MMO instead of Diablo 3... and not one made by Blizzard, considering they keep getting -everything- wrong.

Basically, this is Diablo 3+. But if someone serves you **** on a plate, and you complain about it, and they cover it with herbs... it's still **** on a plate. Blizzard, fix the game. It isn't fun.
  68. May 25, 2014
    Look at the price for this little expansion, compare it with the price for the original D3 and you will understand why I gave it number 1. Quantity and quality are too linked with marketing greed.
  69. Oct 27, 2014
    Vanilla D3 was 1.5 for me, and easily one of the worst games I've ever played. Cue the announcement of the expansion with the promise of better loot and story, and that snagged my interest. A few friends decided to get back in, and gifted me the expansion. I waited for patch 2.1 so I could give a fair review.

Pros: +A little better loot +Ever so slightly better dialogue +More content

Pros:
    +A little better loot
    +Ever so slightly better dialogue
    +More content with a darker feel
    +Better music
    +DHs are now a viable class
    +Crusader is fun to play
    +Point system to buff your toon

Cons:
    -Most legendary items are still trash
    -No character balance.
    -1 viable/good build per class, with the exception of the Crusader and possibly WD which has 2
    -Trading restricted to party members for ~2 hours. Bind on Account after that.
    -Rifts, but especially bounties, are grind fests
    -Gambling with Kadala and low shard capacity with increased prices is the antithesis of fun
    -PVP is still lacking
    -Lacking social and clan features

Sadly, little has changed from the vanilla. The story and dialogue is still terrible and directly lifted from a self-insert, Mary Sue/Gary Stu-rampant fanfic written by an especially grammatically challenged 10-year-old (apologies to all the decent 10-year-old writers out there). Equally terrible is the class balance which is non-existent, and you're limited to fire DH, Wand of Woh wiz, pet WD, shotgun Crusader and occasionally the barb to feel like you're progressing (which is, by the way, RNG stacked on top of RNG). Monks have been totally screwed in this regard, and have been for a while so I'm told.

The itemization is atrocious, and the worst I've ever encountered. Any item that isn't trash is instantly best in slot--but good luck trying to find it, let alone get lucky enough to re-roll a stat that's good enough without spending all your money and gems. Main stat, CC, CD, and IAS (with socket+ emerald) are still mandatory, but now the expac (DLC?) adds bonus elemental damage, which fire is almost always superior. Sure, they added a few legendary gems, but nearly everyone has the same build in the end. It's mind-boggling to have this complaint go on for 2+ years with hundreds of great suggestions for build diversity that get ignored!

Perhaps worse, there's extremely limited trading, PVP, and poorly functional clan features. Yes, the AH was bad, but why not implement tier-based trading? I'd love to trade with more than three friends at a time, but can't. I want to do PVP but no one goes there because the M5/M6 DH is ridiculously unfair that no melee class can compete. Rift it Forward kind of helped with sociability, but was removed. The clan features...you'll probably have to see it to believe or understand it, but let's just say the chatting/messaging interface is clunky/poorly organized and you need other programs like Skype to make it sociable.

The development team is disorganized and apparently has no idea how to listen to customers, so it churned out this disaster of a game. Most of the people on my friends list quit months ago or shortly after the patch hit. Unless they can fix/improve the game greatly, I won't be buying the next expac/DLC
  70. Sep 22, 2014
    The game is pretty great. RoS has some great mechanics that should have been introduced with original D3, such as bounties, Nephalim rifts and the like. However, despite these features I am giving this game an absolute 0 for horrible mangement of the game's prior management RMAH / AH system. No matter how good they make this game, I will never believe Blizzard did anything good for theThe game is pretty great. RoS has some great mechanics that should have been introduced with original D3, such as bounties, Nephalim rifts and the like. However, despite these features I am giving this game an absolute 0 for horrible mangement of the game's prior management RMAH / AH system. No matter how good they make this game, I will never believe Blizzard did anything good for the series other than utterly destroy it after creating the RMAH as a total cash grab, taking the money of the players, changing game mechanics forcing players to buy new gear using the RMAH over and over again, and finally axing it when they made their millions leaving everyone else in the dust with no RMAH, AH, or ability to trade items. With paid 90 upgrades on WoW, and players being able to purchase cards in Hearthstone to gain the competitive edge, that leaves only SC2 for them to destroy with their corporate greed. Expand
  71. Dec 21, 2014
    I can't even pretend to enjoy this game. I know there's some 10/10 reviews for this but maybe we're playing different games. I don't know where to even begin with this disgusting disaster of a sequel. This game simply spits on everything that made Diablo what it is today.

This game is done and there's no amount of patching that will fix it. The Story - The story is an absolute

This game is done and there's no amount of patching that will fix it.

The Story - The story is an absolute freaking joke. You're forced through long cut scenes, bad voice acting and a story that a child can predict. The story needs to be re-written.

Patches - How on Earth does it take the D3 team so long to implement the patches that they do? Is there just one guy working on the developmental side of this game or something?

Acts - Acts 1-4 in my opinion are just absolutely dreadful. I can't stand Act 2 with a burning passion, I'm meh when it comes to Act 1, I hate the spider queen part of Act 3 where you're running up and down spirals forever and Act 4 was way too short.

Itemization - Piss poorly implemented. There's a severe lack of itemization options which means people are just doing the exact same thing over and over hoping for best in slot gear. There's no other options.. you have your BiS and that's it.

After Leveling - Uhh.. you do rifts? When it comes to figuring out what to do, you can either do rifts or bounties. Bounties get incredibly old after a short amount of time doing them (there's not many of them) and rifts are about the most exciting feature they have in this game. They're portals that take you to random events where random monsters spawn.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

Just save your money. The story, the acts, the itemization, the bland skill trees are absolutely horrible. When they first previewed this game years ago, the game had so much promise and hope. It looked absolutely amazing. The PvP system looked great, the crafting system looked solid but then they cut most of it out so they could rush a product out for quick sales.

What has happened to this company? What happened to the company that would make sure something was 100% polished before launching it instead of just cutting features to rush a quick product out?
  72. Apr 14, 2014
    diablo 2 was really fun and I have in mind when I play it... this game sux and I guess blizzard pay to people to give this game 9 or 10 stars.nobody game can get 10 Points when realese date should was for 7 years ago. maybe 2006 this game was Worth 7.
  73. Apr 5, 2014
    Lots of good fixes from the original game. Crusader class i cool. However, Act V is short....really short. Took about 4 hours before its back to the grind to met the new level cap. Adventure mode is lacking, pretty much did all available bounties in 4 hours as well. When your done with that, its just back to the grind with the same Acts, killing the same mobs, getting that gear. ThisLots of good fixes from the original game. Crusader class i cool. However, Act V is short....really short. Took about 4 hours before its back to the grind to met the new level cap. Adventure mode is lacking, pretty much did all available bounties in 4 hours as well. When your done with that, its just back to the grind with the same Acts, killing the same mobs, getting that gear. This expansion was not worth $39.99. Now Blizzard's other games with expansions like SC2's Heart of the Swarm warranted its price tag. This Diablo expansion does not. For maybe $19.99 I can see that as fair otherwise what your getting for $39.99 is not worth it (or really, not enough). Expand
  74. May 19, 2014
    WoW-Diablo [as I call it] is the worst game deception of my life. I waited over a decade for this game and now this company decided to control how we play and change whatever they want. Inventing gaming problems and pretending they have the solution so people spend more because "now the game is better". I won't make Michael Morhaime's [and its minions from hell] bank account bigger. No wayWoW-Diablo [as I call it] is the worst game deception of my life. I waited over a decade for this game and now this company decided to control how we play and change whatever they want. Inventing gaming problems and pretending they have the solution so people spend more because "now the game is better". I won't make Michael Morhaime's [and its minions from hell] bank account bigger. No way I will buy this atrocity, I can't make the same mistake twice. Expand
  75. Apr 26, 2014
    So if I find a new dagger my fireball skill damage changes. What idiot came up with that idea and more importantly how did the whole development team say "oh yeah, great idea"? It eliminates the value or need for skills other than visual effects. Coupled with all other customizations removed there is no reason to play other than to find items, and for what? " I just found a great item, nowSo if I find a new dagger my fireball skill damage changes. What idiot came up with that idea and more importantly how did the whole development team say "oh yeah, great idea"? It eliminates the value or need for skills other than visual effects. Coupled with all other customizations removed there is no reason to play other than to find items, and for what? " I just found a great item, now I can use it to complete the exact same game for the 27th time with this new item!"

D2 was great because of character development and progression. You picked which skills, how powerful they were, how strong you were etc. there is no purpose in this game. I was bored before I even began.
  76. Jul 3, 2014
    Extremadamente aburrido, no se lo recomiendo a nadie, mas de lo mismo, no se que le esta pasando a blizzard con los juegos, en su intento de sacar dinero al estilo WOW a todas sus franquicias a hecho un desastre, es una lastima que no hagan juegos de estrategia de warcraft o juegos que superen a diablo II LOD. No lo recomiendo
  77. Apr 17, 2014
    This "expansion" is at its core an utterly needed patch for a broken and boring game. It fixes a good amount of the problems vanilla D3 had. But the actual content is very limited.

And for a few weeks it was kind of fun. But in the long run Blizzard will manage to eliminate all aspects of fun with their mindset regarding "balance". "Overpowered" items, builds or farm methods get nerfed into ground asap, while obvious bugs in classes or items that actually weaken the players remain unfixed for weeks/ months. Awkward understanding of balance in my opinion ...

Blizz: just get your head out of your a** and try to balance the game around the idea of "fun for as many as possible", not "all are equally f***" After all it's a single player/ coop game and in no way competitive. Who cares if some bugs make this game actually fun to play? Concentrate on bugs, which eliminate that fun ....
  78. May 5, 2014
    $40 for Paladin class and a new act, the rest of the content are things that should've been patched in for free, since it isn't new content, they're adjustments that finally takes Diablo 3 out of Beta status.
  79. Apr 27, 2014
    If Diablo 3 was horrible, this is totally worst... Blizzard only desires the money and lacks the game quality...

Why Blizzard? Why? I just wanna a game like Diablo 2 , or Warcraft 3, a quality game and not a **** game.
  80. Apr 1, 2014
    Very bad bliz, still no endgame. Rifl are sucks, only kill boss without nothing? No porgression etc. Blizz learn how do endgame on poe. Blizzard workd very slow, and much people very happy, when blizzrd just sold them for 40$ **** game
  81. Apr 1, 2014
    EUR 40!! For a couple hours gameplay and one new class. Yes, theres adventure mode and all these "game changing" tweaks that "critics" keep raving about. IGN 9.1/10 rating and Meta score of 86!Cmon. Stop being Blizz cum guzzlers and get real. In total, you saying EUR 80 for a complete game experience! Spare us the bull **** Blizzard.
  82. Apr 30, 2014
    its pretty good if you want to try the non existent build diversity, horrible drop rate and hundreds of hours seeking that "build changing™" legendary. don't even hope for a change in the loot/game/mechanics system... its totally broken...
  83. May 6, 2014
    As others have said, this is basically a glorified big patch sold as a full retail game, it fixes many issues and the game is actually fun and enjoyable now but this in a nutshell should have been free. Shame on you Blizzard for ripping off your loyal customers
  84. Jun 29, 2014
    Ridiculously poor value as a paid-for expansion. More of the same, and little of it.

Paying an extra $40 for them to fix stuff they should have done previously is ridiculous.
  85. May 29, 2014
    Very frustrating to spend $40 to get this expansion and play only one chapter extra and 1 new hero... Diablo III game cost the same $40 and comes with 4 chapters and 4 characters. Pure money grab DLC expansion.

Chat system is broken, no one talks only money spammers are there. very few people are talking.. no trading allowed anymore since AH is closed. endless grinding game .....

don't expect too much from the expansion,,,

Story is good for an expansion (3 points for it)... rest are all from the main title no new stuff.

$20 at most is more than enough for this DLC expansion no more.
  86. May 14, 2014
    Diablo III and its Reaper of Souls expansion pack require continuous connection to Battle.net server to play. And this server has been frequently (about a few hours every day?) under maintenance since I bought the games 2 days ago. These games are expensive disappointment.
  87. Jul 7, 2014
    So yeah... What is the point of playing a Diablo game if there is no trading? Activision doesn't want you to trade because trading would imply that people could sell item on third party site which make revenue for these site and you know what Activision will never do? Let some one else make revenue, greedy bastard.
    So no trading of any sort any more and guess what... They still holding
    So no trading of any sort any more and guess what... They still holding back the loot!? Wtf is wrong with them?
  88. Jul 7, 2014
    The biggest, absolutely most insulting thing Blizzard has ever done so far. "Oh hey, we SERIOUSLY screwed up not only designing our game but also being physically incapable of maintaining our servers with putrid DRM but don't worry, we'll sell you a DLC disguised as an expansion-pack for 40€ to fix SOME of the mess we created!"

Giving Blizzard the oh so undeserved shadow of a doubt, I

Giving Blizzard the oh so undeserved shadow of a doubt, I tried out their "Loot 2.0" and sure, there are improvements like any non brain-dead developer would have done following the massive wave of well-deserved criticism but you're still gonna get gray/worthless items. You're still gonna run into the fact that there are very superior loot-earning strategies through certain bossruns. You're still gonna experience DRM-enforced FPS lag.

It's simply unacceptable and looking at the screw-up over TWO YEARS ago? Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is an apology from Blizzard that is more than 365+ days overdue while also packing a hefty pricetag of 40€ (60€ for collectors, no discount for previous pre-purchasers).

End verdict? Go F*ck Yourself, Blizzard.
  89. Jul 24, 2014
    The endgame is a constant grind of funneling legendary items into a blender for a random chance to get a legendary that is worthwhile. Unfortunately instead of setting the standard for these type of games blizzard constantly finds itself playing catch up in an industry it once dominated.
  90. Oct 2, 2014
    I played D3 and D3ROS from the first day of the release until today (more than 2 years), and I think I can give a fair review of what's going on with the game. So please bear with me. I put over 1000 hours into the game and I have a few level 70 chars with good gears.

First of all, I am not into the storylines so I will not rate the stories, its the same old thing pretty much and since I am a hardcore RTSer, I don't care about the stories.

Next, The game play is nothing new, I don't think it's better than D2. They had some good idea of the combo moves but in the end, everything was back to spamming or hitting 2 buttons all the time. BORING and HURT your fingers and keyboard.

Next, the balance is non-existence. You got Witch doctor owning everything before the 2.1 and now Demon hunter just owning everything. Monk has been a joke and I was main a monk most of the time so I was pretty disappointed. I feel that I was playing a game designed by 5 years old. At a point, monk was so bad that people say the followers are better than monks. Since then blizzard tries to bring it back to the level of other classes, like buffing some of the set bonus dmg to 5000%.. but still not doing enough. What a joke.

Next, gear farming is frustrating, its all about luck. If you are lucky, you might not be able to get the drop .. thanks to the amazing no-trade environment. Once a time I had 4 of the same chest set pieces but I can not trade them for other part of the set. So if you cant get the drop, bad luck man. whats the logic behind that?

Not to mention, gear/build diversity does not exist in this game. Blizzard said the new skill system is amazing and all, it's all lies. There is one build for each class for the end game and everyone is wearing the same gears. Pretty much everything they said was a lie in this game. No gear diversity. no build diversity. no pvp. no balance. no trading. no fun. gg

I really regret that i wasted 2 years of precise time into the game. I used to play every game they produced but I will not do that any more. Diablo is dead and so is blizzard in that regard. avoid wasting your time and do something useful for your time!
  91. Dec 25, 2014
    I am new to Diablo and I got Diablo III Reaper of Souls Ultimate evil edition and I don't get why every one likes this game. What am I supposed to be doing? Go this way, kill that, talk to that guy, I just don't see the point or find it interesting.
  92. May 28, 2014
    The worst game ever seen for Bli$$ard+Activi$$ion. Take your Money and RUN.... Seriusly GARBAGE.
    not recommend purchase. Is a BETA version of the biggest crab Diablo III for 40€, just a BIG SHAME, the biggest scam of all history of Bli$$ard+Activi$$sion.
  93. Apr 3, 2014
    Game-play is well done, combat is excellent but the game still lacks any real depth.

It's fun for week or two but I don't see myself playing this for years like Diablo-2.
  94. Apr 3, 2014
    I put a 3... this game deserves to be shown the truth... and the truth is, this expansion is not worth 44.99$ and you can piss and complain and call me out saying im cheap, but seriously. diablo 3 failed soo hard that this expansion with is hefty price tag can not save the linear game of **** .
    Now its been 2 years since the relase of diablo 3... and in that 2 years.. they give us this?
    one new hero
    level cap to 70
    and 1 new act..i'm not adding adventure mode or the loot 2.0 system only because
    ALL OF THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN FREE....
    **** YOU BLIZZARD FOR RUINING DIABLO AND NOW THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE EXPANSION...
    IM SORRY BUT IM NOT SPENDING 44.99$ ON SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE ****ING FREE FOR ALL THE CRAP WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH... DIABLO IS JUST AN HD SKIN OVER ITS OLD DYING SELF... BLIZZARD IS NOTHING TO ME.. THEY RUINED THIS GAME AND THEY CAN SHUV IT
  95. Apr 5, 2014
    A complete joke for the price you have to pay. I played a friend's copy and found the same flaws in the underlying game design still persist. Also the previous acts, barring act 2, are still terrible and indicative of lazy design. Thus the much hyped adventure mode is very much a required crutch for a game that limps along with half its limbs and still pretends to be whole.
  96. Jun 3, 2014
    i didn't buy this game and i wouldn't recommend to buy it to any of my friends..i just tried once and this game is really as bad as diablo 3 is.. i mean its fun for the first day.. after a short while it gets boring annoying and repetitive. its just a cash grab.. i mean seriously we had to wait all this years for the new diablo which i bought and played and it was really awful. so manyi didn't buy this game and i wouldn't recommend to buy it to any of my friends..i just tried once and this game is really as bad as diablo 3 is.. i mean its fun for the first day.. after a short while it gets boring annoying and repetitive. its just a cash grab.. i mean seriously we had to wait all this years for the new diablo which i bought and played and it was really awful. so many years for this really bad concept.. and this kinda dlc is even worse.. don't spend a single buck on this stuff guys trust me Expand
  97. Jun 4, 2014
    Once again Blizzard drags their feet on a game and doesn't deliver. The story content on the expansion is two hours at most which is awful considering it took 2 years for this expansion. Many of these reviews are clearly for people who didn't play it very much. Once you've done a week or two at most of constant rifts and bounties you'll be bored to death. The improved loot is only whenOnce again Blizzard drags their feet on a game and doesn't deliver. The story content on the expansion is two hours at most which is awful considering it took 2 years for this expansion. Many of these reviews are clearly for people who didn't play it very much. Once you've done a week or two at most of constant rifts and bounties you'll be bored to death. The improved loot is only when you're leveling up and still very flawed. I played 400 hours of the expansion and I wish I had my time back.

Blizzard just proves they're great at polish but awful at substance.
  98. Apr 8, 2014
    Money grabbing dump. ridiculous for a DLC more expensive than the original one. This was one of my most anticipate franchises, but I still remember how shabby Diablo III is. I will never try any sequels.
    There are some much better alternatives for this genre, like Torchlight II, Path of Exile.
  99. Apr 5, 2014
    I'm an avid Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 player for a long time.

Even after ROS. Diablo 3 still havent got the magic touch that the previous series have. By my prediction. This game will ends up with the same fate as Diablo 3 Vanilla. Played this game for a week. felt boring, Diablo feel is still not there. Missing. RIFT is fun for a while, but how long? Im already generous enough to
    I'm an avid Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 player for a long time.

Even after ROS.
    Diablo 3 still havent got the magic touch that the previous series have.

By my prediction.
    This game will ends up with the same fate as Diablo 3 Vanilla.
    RIFT is fun for a while, but how long?

Im already generous enough to give this game a score of 4.
    Those dev needs some appreciation.
    But still the magic touch of Diablo is just not there.

I also agree to some people that says this is not an expansion. This is a DLC.
    Because the elements in here is just too little to notify.

For buyers, let me advise you. Please wait another 2 months to see the real face of this game.
    Today, people that defend this game are because of hype.
    Wait for another month and so, youll see the real face of this game.
    Let the hype loose.
    Don't preorder games. Usually sequal has elements from its previous titles.
    Well for Diablo 3 the sequal is for sure is not what you have anticipated.

Wait for the expansion.
    And just pray that the next expansion they know what to do to redeem Diablo 3.

For me, i wont be putting high hopes on that. because till this day. we know that they have failed for 2 times already( the expansion and the vanilla).
    Be hopeful, but dont let that hype blinds your decision to buy this game.
    Just wait....
  100. May 15, 2014
    Oh really Bli$$ard/Metascore you deleted my insulting review about the "farming players money"?
    This is what they do almost a decade now...They releasing casual/arcadish games for the masses and later on 4-5 expansions to farm money for their next stupid project.
    The game is crap. Really. Don't try to attempt to buy it because by removing AH doesn't mean its "fixed". Its basically missing the fundamental stuff to be an aRPG. They won't do it ever. They want more casual people to play, which it means more money for them. There are great true aRPGs out there to check, don't be fooled because it has the big sign of "DIABLO". All is a bubble from Bli$$ard and marketing.

1. Jun 28, 2014
    At last! Diablo III became the game I was looking forward to. Reaper of Souls does more than just improve the original – it reinvents it and helps it reclaim the hack’n’slash throne. [05/2014, p.50]
    Heaps of new content provides hours of fun, even though the campaign could use a little extension. But if you’re a fan, this is a must. [Issue#241]
  3. May 14, 2014
    Blizzard did the obvious: literally transformed Diablo 3 to what it should have been from the start. It took them some time, but finally Blizzard got the message and moved finally to the right direction. While we expect the next expansion, fans of action / rpg can now sleep peacefully ... the king is here!