3.9

1. May 15, 2012
    Unfortunately a disaster. Repetitive and nothing that we haven't seen in other hack and slash games. Good visuals but nothing more. Insípid story/background and too little classes. I think that this is a good moment to Blizzard rethink their future plans about Diablo.
  2. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is so boring you would have more fun at a bingo hall. Also the connection problems at launch are awful and show how incompetent Blizzard is. The graphics in game are also not close to what a Diablo game should look like.
  3. May 15, 2012
    Purchased, unable to log in even once in 12 hours. This would be counted as fraud in any other industry but for some reason on this game I intend to play single player it's 'to be expected', just terrible.
  4. May 15, 2012
    This game is a horribly streamlined version of Diablo 2 with even less content, graphics comparable to a 2004 release, a cash shop which will cause the highest bidders to be the most powerful easy, $60 price tag despite being on PC and a ton of other things which make this just a horrible cash in on a classic title, just stick to Diablo 1-2 or any of the other clones out on the market.
  5. May 15, 2012
    +Decent graphics. -Always online DRM, -Lack of skill diversity, -Connection errors, -Play to win, -Short story. This game is a step back from Diablo 2, so I recommend avoiding it.
  6. May 15, 2012
    It could have been great after so many years, but Blizzard just wants to fleece us: destroying single player and LAN play, and forcing everybody to play online so we spend money in their Auction House just destroys the game, however good it can be.

Shame on you, Blizzard.
  7. May 15, 2012
    Regardless of the outdated graphic and gameplay. The worst is 11 hours past , still cant play. Blizzard, you make this game for nine years, nine years! And here comes an unplayable online game? Shame on you!
  8. May 15, 2012
    I'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in they throw at them but this time have made the game exceptionally easy to keep them playing to milk them for more money with the ridiculous ingame cash shop. The cash shop being the biggest reason this game is getting a big fat zero from me. Cash shops are only allowed in games that didn't cost anything to play in the first place and even then should only sell cosmetic items while with Diablo 3 not only are they over charging for a PC game they're going to push players into continuously spending a lot of money to buy the best weapons which will kill any fun or motive to dungeon crawl to find loot which is exactly what these games are all about. Expand
  9. May 15, 2012
    Decade of experience running online games to have the game fail to launch ON SINGLE PLAYER due to their network. They took everything that was Diablo and flushed it down the toilet, from gameplay to graphics.
  10. May 15, 2012
    What a disappointment.
    After over a decade of waiting this is what we get?
    A game where the character models and overall graphics are a blurry and ugly mess that wouldn't have been acceptable 6 years ago. Where the gameplay has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to use
    the Auction House, increasing Blizzard's revenue.
    The voice acting is horrid, on par with a bad B grade movie at the best of times while the story is such a joke Stephanie Meyer could have written a better piece of fiction in 3 months and this took then 6 years.
    The always online DRM is the icing on the cake.
    I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by something I was looking forward to in my entire life.
  11. May 15, 2012
    I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player!? What exactly is on that disc?! It is a sick joke... Give my money and wasted time back!
  12. May 15, 2012
    Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Ridiculously expensive, boring gameplay and ugly looking. Diablo 3 is utter mess and i cant recommend it to anyone.
  13. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 was expected to be a great game, because of the success of the previous Diablo games. You'd think that Blizzard wouldn't make a game this bad after working on it for so long, although I didn't expect another Blizzard game to be good after the catastrophy which was "Cataclysm".
  14. May 15, 2012
    No customizable characters? That's so 2000. This game is based on loot, and you want characters where that loot looks pretty on. This game has nothing that any other H&S game has...well, the RealMoneyAH that the majority doesn't want anyways. This is probably the worst disappointment since Duke Nukem Forever. I'd give this game a 1 for the nice music during the installation, but considering the fact that I haven't been able to log in half of the time I wanted to play, its getting a 0.

A Guinness entry for the possibly worst release in game history would be appropriate. Thanks to OnlineOnly, of course.
  15. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is out. It took 11 years to make. The graphics look 10 years old and its only 6 hours long. But don't worry kids you can buy hats with moms credit card!
  16. May 15, 2012
    Really doesn't feel worthy of the Diablo title. Just way too disappointing. Feels like yet another development pushed forward only because the developers knew it would rake in the dough almost as much as a new cod game. The creativity and feel of adventure is gone in place of a cheap thrill that wasn't even at all cheap.
  17. May 15, 2012
    Don't waste your time and money on this game. It's not even close to Diablo 2 or even Diablo 1. Blizzard is just trying to use it's famous title to milk customers.
  18. May 15, 2012
    The game plays smoothly and is easy to pick up and learn. However, contrary to the hype surrounding the recent re-emergence of the "triple-A" series Diablo, this one falls short in terms of storyline, gameplay and user convenience when put next to its predecessor Diablo II. A long (but not exhaustive) list of changes that has bothered me follows:

Players are required to log online even if
    they only need to play single player, the player count in any given game has been reduced from 1-8 to 1-4, an in-game cash shop that gives players more power in exchange for real-life currency, the exclusion of a PvP system at release, exclusion of special death animations (that were seen in several alpha videos), an extremely streamlined character development system which limits player creativity/choice in where they want to specialize, a cheesy storyline/dialogue that looks like it belongs more on a Saturday morning cartoon show than on a Mature-rated game and finally, the World of Warcraft-like artstyle and hand-holding quest system which failed to immerse me in an unholy, desolate world like in the past games...

Personally, I believe Diablo III is more of a new concept for a commercial product to satisfy stock holders than an actual hit game made by people who actually love games and therefore has no long-lasting appeal or value to me. Let us see instead what other independent game developers can do in the Action-RPG department.
  19. May 15, 2012
    When I played D2, I liked most of all the feel of the game. Sure, I went on to play online and grind my way to greatness, but that wasn't what made it awesome. The general feel of the game was still that of an horror action game, this cartoonish look developed to cater to the wow herd is appalling, especially if you consider that the graphics look worse than torchlight. Now this game is designed around the grind mechanics, boss runs and wathever, but that wasn't what made it awesome. Add the online DRM, and this is yet another big disappointment for 2012. On a side note: I'd really like to see blizzard come up with something new instead of milking its old successes. Expand
  20. May 15, 2012
    Cliche story. You are able to see what is going or who is who right from the beginning, which are signs of terrible story writing. Poor in-game cutscenes. Average graphics. Below average music (with Matt Uelmen gone - the name behind Diablo 1 & 2 soundtracks, it just feels unoriginal & boring). Terrible level designs, very limited procedural generation which gets boring real fast. Being locked to 6 skills at a time, very few skills, automatic stat allocation. Etc... etc...

But my biggest problems are: EU is completely broken, login servers are down, game servers are heavily loaded & busy... Can't you add login delays & queue to keep login servers up? And how come game servers are loaded & busy? What was that stress test for? These are just amateur mistakes from Blizzard. It gets my rating down to 2 from 6.
  21. May 15, 2012
    12 years exchange for an 8-hour game,what should I say?We dont know ,cause the Blizzard officer told us to play it again and again to find out the so-called entertainment inside .But I can hardly enjoy this awful game and the error 37 internet connection problem,I choose to quit , farewell ,Diablo3.
  22. May 15, 2012
    If I try too hard to not think about getting constant DCs because of the game's online only requirement although I play SP, I can't even give it a 1. With very cheesy dialogues, story, awful graphics and musics, no customization, non-existent difficulty, poorly designed items and happy atmosphere; this is not even a mediocre game. And Diablo 3 only has the title of "Diablo" on it. It's definitely not a Diablo game and it doesn't plays or feels like a Diablo game.

Worse than Nuke Dukem fiasco.
  23. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has handled the whole thing very poorly. First off, I have to mention the DRM. What a **** absolute disgrace!!! I have to stay connected to the internet at all times?! To play the game?! In SINGLE-PLAYER?! WHAT. THE. **** Please don't give any reason to support their DRM. Please don't say it stops scammers and hackers, because if you do so then you're the biggest moron that ever lived and should go die in a gutter somewhere. I BOUGHT THE **** GAME, WHY MUST I REMAIN CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET TO PLAY THE GAME IN SINGLE-PLAYER???!!!

And if your internet connection sucks, give up all your hopes of ever playing this game. Besides that, there are many game-breaking bugs that will prevent you from logging into your account and playing the game. And how long has this game been in development?! Why the **** didn't they fix all the bugs?!

I bet even the pirates give better service, and for FREE. So thanks, Blizzard, for releasing this huge steaming pile of **** I hope you all rot and burn in hell and go bankrupt. Adiós, mother****ers!
  24. May 15, 2012
    I can't believe what they did to this game, Who in a normal state of his mind would plan to make this game an "always connected game"? This is not even a MMO, MMO sets those kind of things because it's obvious, you will play with many many people. But this game is a SINGLEPLAYER (featuring coop).
    Suffers a lot of connection problems and all that stuff. Aside from that, the mechanics are
    simplified compared to Diablo2, Titan Quest, Torchlight, etc... This game is not as deep, the hack n' slash feels easier (and fun some times) but it doesn't have the same feeling as the last game of the franchise.

It's a perfect example of what corporates companies want to steal from the fans and customers. I'm a big dissapointed fan. Please stop buying Activision things, they think they're the masters of the world and have the rights to **** people whoever they want with their money. I'm gonna wait for Torchlight 2.
  25. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is hardly a true successor to D1 and D2. The game is aimed to draw in a younger generation and people who never played the Diablo series before. This comes in the form of eliminating every metagame in both D1 and D2. The reason why D1 and D2 is fun is because it's both challenging and re-playable. Figuring out the attribute system, finding rare loot - every single character you created is unique in that sense. In Diablo 3, all of this is bypassed with its flawed cookie-cutter system of the previous games. The "pay-to-win" system allows people who are spoiled to be better than people who are dedicated to the game. Every character ends up the same with the fixed attribute/skill system. This makes partying with two or more of the same character redundant and makes the end-game of level 60 to be repetitive. There is no reason to grind the game (yes, we all did that for D1 and D2) and to find rare loot when someone can buy the same items easily. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of unique rare items - scrolling through the auction house. The graphics are never problem in a game. However, the Diablo 3 theme is distracting compared to the that of D1 and D2. The games are supposed to be gothic, and about hell. What is with all these serene walk-in-the-park areas, and enemies that look laughable and ripped out of of the WoW universe? And the game is short. Without the grinding incentive, the 4 acts (if you can even consider the 4th act a proper act) are completed with my friends in less than 8 hours. Don't fall for the hype generated by D3. This game is nothing like the other games and is not recommended if you're a fan of the series. I don't even mind the numerous errors with the servers, or odd glitches here and there. I don't even care if the Monk class is a little overpowered compared to the other classes. This is just not a Diablo game. It's a normal hack-and-slash game targeted at newcomers, and I'll look at it as just that. Get the game if it's on a discount but not for the 80 dollars I had to pay for it. Expand
  26. May 15, 2012
    Lobotomized stats system; dumbed-down skills system; artistic style in the form of warm, pastel, childrens' story-book illustrations rather than a seedy, musky, murky, dank, dark and cold realistic gothic aesthetic (to win-over their Warcraft customer base, rather than for sensible reasons of coherent artistic vision); no offline-play, no real single-player, dumbed down runes, itemization, and health systems? Overly-easy, banal gameplay? The world lacks feeling; there is a loss of the atmospheric mood of the previous games - and my character doesn't feel like my own, because it's not customizable (in the interests of "accessibility"? I'm out. Blizzard established three new, thoughtful IPs in '94, '96 and '98. It's not 2012 and not only have they done nothing new, but the sequels themselves are even starting to be poor shadows of their legacy. I have no doubt it will sell well, but some of us define success on more meaningful terms. I'm out.

Accidentally rated 10 before...
  27. May 15, 2012
    Getting disconnected from single player all the time. Very buggy, unfinished with dumbed down customization and cartoon graphics. Just terrible. And to top it all off over-intrusive DRM; because you know, its not like I planned on playing it later on in life when the servers are shut down.
  28. May 27, 2012
    After seeing those so called critic reviews that keep praising and buffing products for markets. Had to write second review because i am really worried about unprofessionalism of critics. They are not making any comment about games features just raising the product to almost godhood. That's mainly because good name of company, 2 of those so called professional critics gave mixed review. This is really worrying effect how critics are not having critical reviews only marketing speeches.

So lets get to the actual review played this game through with one character. Second play though with harder difficulty found game to be boring. As for even wanting to level any character again to level 60 whats the point in that skills come as progress levels. So there is no reason for that. This is mainly because really none of customization you can do talent or attribute wise its just all about gear you wear.

Also because they actually released "online or no play game" i keep getting constantly dc:t from game which actually shows how greedy this Blizzard company actually is. Game is just basically unplayable for those that get disconnected about every 5 mins to 30 minutes. I have actually done more tweaking to my security firewalls etc for this game than to any other games and it still has serious issues. Almost always when you actually try to get answers from technical support problems are on your side not their precious servers or product. They start "you could try..." its not consumers job to make game work. There should be some pride for game developers to make working game.

So good advice for all that are playing games around world never ever pre-order game, never buy those cheesy priced collectors editions or limited (luckily i did buy only standard edition) and most off all always wait about 6 to 12 months after release to get actually patched up game. Mainly never read what these so marketing critics write about game they tend to go overboard praising the series or company that made game.

In old good days of gaming we did not have DRM only cd-keys to check your games legality. All gamers suffer because too protective developers making every even single/ multiplayer games requiring internet connection. This game should had some kinda offline mode for that cannot have access to internet 24/7.
  29. May 15, 2012
    The original creators of Diablo no longer work in Blizzard. They currently work on Torchlight 2 which is going to be the true Diablo successor. Not this piece of broken ****
  30. May 15, 2012
    The intrusive access control known as DRM(Digital Rights Management) is what really is hurting the game here. Not only due to the train-wreck of a launch, but because you can not even play this game without an Internet connection. This crippling form of security serves no purpose other than agitating and frustrate legitimate customers. The pirates will always find a way around, it like they always do, even if that means emulating servers or similar shenanigans. Meanwhile we have to deal with potential latency issues and the worry of getting disconnected while playing what could very well be a single player game. The removal of the option of playing over a local area network is also very much deplorable and it is obviously due to the inclusion of the DRM and forced online play.

Another negative thing is the issue of having a cash shop in what essentially could be considered a single player game. The fact that there is a pay-to-win cash shop if you choose to play online is itself not an issue. But Blizzard's way of legalizing gold farming and RMT merely for them to earn a bit of money from every transaction does leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

The visual aesthetics are in my opinion quite unappealing and from a technical standpoint the graphics are pretty lacking as low resolution textures are hidden behind bloom and blurr. Granted, this may not be something deal breaking for most people; but for a game which has been in development for as long as Diablo 3 has, one should not be faulted for having expected something better.
  31. May 15, 2012
    Worst diablo i ever played, short and booring. "fail blizzard has so mutch time to make this game good i but they chose their time to makes it boring "
  32. JLF
    May 15, 2012
    As was expected, the game is way below it's predecessor. Constant connection requirement, real money auction house, 4 player maximum, cartoonish art style, bans for using display sharpening software and 2 hour short game are only the tip of the iceberg.
    With this installment, ActivisionBlizzard have finally secured themselves a spot in my top 5 most hated developer list.
  33. May 15, 2012
    Horribly awful. No point in this game and it's pretty clear this was made just to cash out with the Diablo name so that retarded fanboys would shove more money into the direction of Activision-Blizzard.
  34. May 15, 2012
    blizzard doesnt care any users. they only care for money. actually, it was obvious that diablo 3 wont be better than diablo 1 and 2 because former producers are working for torchlight now. only hope we have that after this time, people wont buy this game anymore and make blizzard think that they really done the worst and have to do something to make it better
  35. May 15, 2012
    Picked it up to play singleplayer. Can't even use the product I purchased because of the Always-online DRM that ActiBlizz put in so they can earn money from virtual items. Bravo after years of "polishing" I can't even play because of your greediness.
  36. May 15, 2012
    Couldn't stay online for more that 5 minutes during the day, can't even log in now. Great launch Blizzard. Especially great job with requiring connection to your crappy servers for SINGLE player. A big fat zero.
  37. May 15, 2012
    Got to play it for about 5 minutes before connection errors. If a game fails at being fun, it should fail any review. I hope Torchlight II is better than this crap.
  38. May 15, 2012
    Game is a absolute, utter, disappointment. The entire BETA was spend fixing their paid auction house and it shows. The gameplay it self is horrible, dumbed down, and hand holding. The framework is terrible, not only requiring a constant internet connection to play single player, but the game dials home and waits for a response every. single. attack. Any attack that hits more then 3 things lags with micro stutter. Expand
  39. May 15, 2012
    Nothing says evil like a Witch Doctor shooting toads, complete **** on the series. What happened to Diablo? A free game called Path of Exile does a better job at capturing the series.
  40. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. it's now an industry standard that just what your game's objectives are constantly shoved down a player's throat. as is that developers seem to think everything that might require a bit of thought needs to be streamlined, and that human beings can't recognize simple patterns, and things need to be much more "cinematically focused". and anything beyond this is "entitlement."
    and while this should not be suprising, it has happened to blizzard's diablo 3. how, you ask? how hasn't it been?

players click and click as per usual. it's how the game works. as players level, they use runes to help with skill customization, and attribute points are distributed automatically like many a jrpg. these changes from diablo 2 are worth mentioning in a positive note, but unfortunately there is absolutley no influencing what skills are learned and what points are gained, a luxury those same jrpgs will usually grant. this system did need some fixing from diablo 2, granted, but not an entire revamp. essentially, 2 seperate player's witchdocters will be exactly the same, sans wargear. a standard melee attack damaging GROUPS of enemies is cheap and console-gameplay-esque (wonder why). the health drops that you simply walk over coupled with the low, low chance of an enemy actually hurting you means that besides where bosses are concerned, health is rarely an issue. something new to the environments are the red barrel kills - the scripted segments that, frankly, are so out of place for the series, and usually result in the KILL-STREAK +25XP! PROMOTION TO SERGENT MAN! messages, very Call Of Duty. the classes skills are extremely overpowered from the get-go, and they like to talk, a lot - but do players need 3 ways of the game telling them that they don't have enough mana for a spell they try to use?
    then there is the wow-like art style. it completely betrays the Gothic scenery of it's predecessors, and it looks like it was made to run on a machine from 2005.
    a glaring issue is the DRM. it is absolutely deplorable that players are forced to connect to a server constantly for single player just to make sure you are the only person playing with that copy of the game. you're even at risk of being kicked for simply idling. the possibility of lag in single player is a joke and as one final laugh, the real money auction house is just legalizing Chinese item farmers. i laughed quite heartily when i was in my EB games store and saw the posters saying that the game was avaliable for purchase after 9 am, but the servers would not be up until 4:30 pm.
    like many a "AAA title" these days, a single player playthrough will generally see 6-10 hours, depending on how many side quests are squeezed out. another low point, considering the first two go for MUCH longer.
    concerning the story, it is not terrible - predictable and unpolished, not to mention blizzard still has not grown tired of old tropes, and has brought a "kerrigan" into this franchise. but passable, in all meaning of the word.

did you love the first two games?
    do you want a worthy sequel?

go soak your head in a bucket of ice water and wake up. this is selling purely on it's name, not the game.

are you looking for a flavour of the month game?
    an mmo with a focus on single player experience (TOR dead yet)?
    a calladooty with a fantasy feel?

go for it. buy it. just remember. you paid for it.
  41. May 15, 2012
    Terrible DRM that requires you to be online and then terrible support from Blizzard at keeping the servers online and actually allowing people to play, or better said not allowing since they did piss poor job at making descent servers. No character customization in 2012, arguably Diablo 2 looks better/less blurry at times, no lan, no pvp or proper pvp after they add arena.
    Not a good game.
  42. May 15, 2012
    A very disappointing game for a hardcore D2 fan like me. Customization is very boring compared to D2, and the cartoony feel of the game is just horrible. For me D1 and D2 had a dark, gritty feel, and a realistic feel even though the graphics of the time were incapable of producing "real" realism. I expected this game to look and feel great, but the soundtrack is the only thing that is good. How come FPS games are becoming more and more realistic, but hack & slash RPG's are going in the opposite direction? I hoped for a serious and dark game, but D3 vs D2 is like Batman from 1966 vs The Dark Knight. Expand
  43. May 15, 2012
    After having spent the better part of a day playing Diablo 3, I am disappointed to say that it has not lived up to the promise we would expect from a company of Blizzard's eminence. The visual style is, I can say it no more gently, generic. The uniqueness of design that once made Blizzard iconic has been aped and copied so often that its impact here has been diluted. The audio design is pretty standard fare. The music isn't bad, but at no point is it riveting. The gameplay is hack-and-slash--and really, that's about it. You kill things, you loot things, you upgrade your character. Somehow they have managed to take what was most memorable about this game's predecessors and turn it into a chore. The harder modes are difficult, yes--in the same way that driving with a blindfold on is difficult. Rather than legitimately increasing the difficulty, they just stat-pad the enemies and buff all their attacks. This is the kind of cheap trickery I expect from arcade fighting games, not action-RPGs. One "feature" that I find a horrible detriment is requiring a constant connection to Blizzard's servers. Though I haven't had much difficulty logging in, others have consistently seen "Error 37", indicating an inability to connect to said servers. If Blizzard wishes to enact Draconian DRM, so be it; but if they make it a prerequisite to playing the game, they are damn well obligated to ensure that it works, and that it works all the time. Ubisoft tried this, and it didn't work for them. The multiplayer portion of the game is basically the single player, but with other people added. This can be great if you know them and want to talk to them. Otherwise, it's really not much different than playing with bots. I can honestly say that Gauntlet Legends was more entertaining from a multiplayer perspective than Diablo 3. There is a measure of expectation gamers have created for this title. They have built it up in their minds to being something it could never hope to be; this isn't the Second Coming of action-RPGs. That's what's even more disappointing. To measure this game strictly by its own merits, it is still severely lacking. The inability to consistently play, the mediocrity of its design, all of this add up to a game which is really quite...standard. The only thing bringing the score down is this ridiculous DRM. In the coming weeks, I'm sure someone will find a way to break it.

And do you know what that means?

That means the only people playing the game without enduring "Error 37" are the people who didn't even pay for it. That's just bad service, and THAT is unforgivable.
  44. Oct 16, 2012
    I was going to give this game a deserved 9 out of 10 ... but can't. I've managed MINIMAL game time due to server issues. I don't care what the 'DO GOODERS' keep saying about 'Have patience'. I'm sorry, I've bought Diablo 3 to play when I wanted. Blizzard have my money therefore my side of the agreement has been met. Sadly, Blizzard have FAILED to do their part. The biggest challenge is getting past the login screen. TO THE DO GOODERS ... If you bought a car and it only came with three wheels and you were told the other one will be here in a weeks time, you'd complain. You would say 'Hold on, I've paid for a car with 4 wheels'. Well that is EXACTLY what WE the NEGATIVE REVIEWERS are writing about. It's POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and in these modern times we DESERVE more from a company who make computer games. I'm not bothered that it's day one etc etc etc. I've PAID MY MONEY and I want to PLAY THE GAME I paid for. That's the way the world works. Expand
  45. May 15, 2012
    With the purchase of the game completed, one would expect to be able to play it. Not if Blizzard has their say. Don't waste your money on a game that won't let you play it.
  46. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo: Modern Warfare 3 is not a game, is a DRM. If you get to pass trough it, then you have a low quality hack'n'slash with zero to none gdr elements. Trust me, save your money for something better. Expand
  47. May 15, 2012
    Amazon's highest ever level of pre-orders for a game
    Singleplayer game
    DRM : force players to be logged onto their servers full time "to prevent piracy" - translation = to force you onto their items for real cash auction as sponsored by Chinese gold sellers.
    result: not enough servers available to log on to play game
    consequence: this crap score & massive loss of respect
  48. May 15, 2012
    The game is unplayable, so the rating is 0. As easy as that.
    Whenever I should be able to play this game in the far future, I might change this rating.
  49. May 15, 2012
    More of a tech demo than an actual game. Game is short with no soul put into it. No stat distribution. Similar classes are nearly identical without many options to make you different than other players. Only 4 players can play in a game, and maps have checkpoints are are linear. The classes also lack polish. The witch doctor is a shell of what the necromancer used to be, and the monk is a poor replacement of the paladin. This is what happens when creativity is lost in making computer games. The whole game feels like it was made by an artist who was forced to paint something he didn't want to. This game is a waste of money, go play diablo 2. Expand
  50. May 15, 2012
    The 15th may used to be a good day, it was my birthday.. From now and forever it will remain as the day of the blunder ! I wont cry for stat's disappearance, i will let the game a chance to prove that there's good in the new skill system. 2 years ago i was playing titan quest, and it was good. last Summer, i've dig up Diablo 2 with friends and enjoyed this summer. But i don't know why, it does not feel the same with D3. Maybe it's me, or maybe it's the mechanics, but the combat gameplay feels blank.

I put a 6, minus 2 because of the **** drm and the auction house, so it's 4 .... :'(
  51. May 15, 2012
    WTF is this game? Buggy and with only 5 simple clases? The most Simple and cheap MMO and RPG have more than 10, and a little bunch of skills? What kind of joke is this? This Game FAIL MISSERABLY, all others diablo are superior, only graphics are distintive. And Bugs! I cant connect, what is this?? Blizzards only want money from our pockets.
  52. May 15, 2012
    After 10 years, I don't know how blizzard could have gone backwards with the Diablo series, while the game actually looks pretty nice, the low resolution textures are pretty bad on the eyes, even the psudo-3d of the D2 and claymation of D1 weren't as fuzzy as this. As well, the game is about 2 hours long if you speed run it, and 5 hours if you pay attention to the story, ontop of this, always online DRM does nothing but hinder the players from actually enjoying this game, as you might see from many other player complaints, Error 37 pops up for everyone.

Ultimately, if you want a D2 sequel, this isn't it, there is 0 character customization which hinders any replayability this game would have, and with the story only being 5 hours long, weapons being useless and a shoehorned real money based economy rather then the item trade based economy of the original game, D3 is noyhing more then a disappointment, im sorry blizzard, i've been a fan for almost 20 years now, but this isn't the quality we come to expect from you, remember, gameplay is the #1 quality that makes video games what they are, but D3 is worse then the game with the same title you made more then 10 years ago.
  53. May 15, 2012
    The overbearing and senseless always-online DRM made it so where nobody could actually play the game at launch. This is on top of the ingame cash trading for ACTUAL ITEMS. I just hope this game fails and doesn't become the catalyst for change. RMAH and the DRM (which was touted to have no problems, yet still crashed everyone's game on launch) take whatever this game would be without them, and completely ruin it. Expand
  54. May 15, 2012
    Considering the game launched almost 2 days ago now and we still can't login or play it - no word from Blizzard at all. No updates. Besides a generic notice.

So if this is Blizzard's Diablo3, well it's complete trash.
  55. May 15, 2012
    They removed many well loved diablo features and replaced them with world of warcraft features. This is basically WoW 2.0.

People have already beaten this game in 4 hours.4 hours to beat 4 acts and kill diablo, severe lack of content.

You are forced to be connected to blizzard servers even if you just want to play single player, which means that whenever they go down you can't even play.
    Blizzard servers go down every tuesday and they have been up and down constantly since release making it difficult to just play single player. This game is not an mmo so this is ridiculous. They claim this is to stop people using bots and cheating, which is a terrible excuse for this terrible DRM. There is no link between allowing people to play single player offline and stopping people from cheating online. Once again this is a horrible form of DRM.

They removed a bunch of well loved features from the previous game and replaced them with features from their world of warcraft game. You no longer have stat points to customize your character with, and by the maximum level you have every skill available to your character, making your character exactly the same as every other one of the same class by level 60. Skill points have been removed.

People have already cleared acts 1-4 and killed diablo in 4 hours, although there are more difficulties where you just replay the same content where monsters are given higher hp and damage. Still the amount of game content is lacking.

At least in normal difficulty it seems impossible to die which makes the game quite boring. I'm not particurally fond of lazy difficulty systems where you just multiply monster's hp and damage by a certain amount, either.

You are not even allowed to fight other players like in the previous games, but they promise they will put world of warcraft style pvp arenas into the game at some point.
  56. May 15, 2012
    This game is riding off the back of the success of a game which it does everything in its power not to be like. People say they are innovative and they want something radically different but the preorders are all because of D2 and we dont want this **** The trend to drive all games to the mainstream is baffling to me especially on a PC exclusive, following the leaders bioware of ruining their games blizzard has allowed all meaningful rpg elements to either be basterdized or made irrelevent. Pay to win, no custimization on your character with no skills or atributes, and horribly obstructive DRM make a game that will dissapoint all those pre-orders and blizzard should be ashamed. Expand
  57. May 15, 2012
    What a joke. This is the most disappointing game I've played all year; honestly I'm losing faith in this industry every month. Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 were fantastic, but this is just terrible: bugs, design flaws, and above all it is just boring. The connectivity issues are horrifying, but I'm sure they will pass; still it shows how Blizzard doesn't give a damn about their players.
  58. May 15, 2012
    In fairness, I'm not a huge fan of dungeon crawlers to begin with, but the effort by Activision wearing Blizzard's cold dead carcase here is embarrassing. The game has 5 classes, no ability to customize your character, no ability to use the keyboard for movement, glitchy mechanics that make it so you can't click to move if too many mobs are on the screen, only 2 zoom levels, no ability to rotate your camera, graphics that look like they are from 10 years ago (running on max settings on a high end rig), a dis-interesting story line that is slow moving.

I got the game for "free" through the 1 year wow subscription and I still feel ripped off. I don't know why anyone would pay anything for this game, let alone $60+. The only point I can see to the game is to be a farmville in dungeon crawler form to let people buy stuff with real world money so Activision can skim their cut off the top. I've played games that are literally given away by their developers that are better made than this.

Add to that the fact the game can only be played online and that the servers that allow you to play (a game that runs LOCALLY) were down preventing it from being used, so you also will lose the game whenever Activision decides they've milked all they can out of this stillborn disaster.

If you want a good old school dungeon crawler, get Torchlight instead, far better game play, better graphics, better story, and far cheaper.
  59. May 15, 2012
    I can honestly say there has never been another game that has disappointed me more. It is almost like Blizzard tried to make a game that could be simple enough to be ported to consoles. Because quite frankly this is really, really pitiful. The reasons have been covered enough, don't buy it.
  60. May 15, 2012
    Totally ruined everything that made d2 good. No character customisation. No fighting for the good item drops. Can't even see peoples names in the chatroom!
  61. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Doesn't improve on Diablo 2 at all. Really waters down the whole experience. Somehow, the game is even less than dark Diablo 2 was. (Hint, the first battle starts with a metal guitar riff)

Feels like Diablo done in the world of warcraft style. Stick with torchlight.
  62. Sep 23, 2012
    Ok, I put a 5 /10 like two months ago, I really thought that review I did was balanced. Many people found my last review helpful, but I was completely wrong. I will explain why I now think I what I wrote is completely off the mark.Here was my last review:

I will try to be objective. First of all I think it is unrealistic to give this game a 0 or a 10. It is neigther a total disaster or
    a masterpiece. I will try to explain the score I ahve given. First of all I consider myself a casual gamer. The games I buy I usually do from Steam and I wait for special offers. I do not mind playing old games and I do so for the fun. Diablo III is an exception. Diablo II was probably the game I most enjoyed playing in my teen years and I was willing to pay 60$ for Diablo III. I think the game is fun and a nice way to keep distracted when you are bored, but I am a bit dissapointed at what it offers given its price. Maybe its my expectations given the fun I had with Diablo II are the reason for my dissapointment. First of all, I do not like that all characters will eventually have the same skills... There is no room for thinking out new builds and try them out. Also, beeing a solo player, I was very surprised at the fact that I will need to play always online. I think that is a deal breaker for many people. First of all beacause I share my internet connection, secondly becasue if I pay 60$ I will want to have access to the game whenever I want. Online playing really is not necessary I think. As for the game itself, I am half way trough nightmare difficulty and it starts to feel like the level of difficulty of diablo II. Normal difficulty was a breeze but I am happy to see that the level of skill required and plannification of fights is required in the next levels. I am not really fussed about the story, but I have to say that after 12 years in development it feels a bit empty. As for the good aspects of the game, I think it all comes down to if you are having fun or not. I am having fun at the moment. I expected more for for 60$ though...... The game feels like a diablo game, the dungeons are a bit smaller than before, but the monsters are very similar, you can even recognice many of them from Diablo II. The boss fights aren't as challenging though.... Anyway, just to sum up. I am giving this game a 5 out of 10. The biggest deduction comes when taking in mind the relation of what you pay and what you really get. The game is simply not worth that price, and it really does feel as a game that could have been created in 2005 or 2006.... It surprises me from a company like Blizzard who usually delivers good products. The internet connection is simply not fair for solo players, and I don't really think it is needed. Anyway, if you want to spend your money in a Dungeon crawler I advise to anyone who is not sure about buying the game or not to wait for Torchlight 2, created by the same developers of Diablo II. You will get a very similar product for 1/3 of Diablo III price. Just don't rush to buy this game just because it says Diablo in its tittle. It is not terrible, but you will hardly have the fun you had with the previos games. Overall I am dissapoint, but will try to make teh best of it and have fun. I hope this review helps you make a decision. Have fun everyone!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After playing Torchlight II, I have to say that it delivers much much more than Diablo 2, which I only managed to play for 1 month before quiting. Getting what you get for Torchlight II at 1/3 of the price of Diablo III is just outstanding, its even hard to believe. The rewards, the progression, the customization, the atmosphere, the balance, but above everything else THE FUN!!!! All these things not only make Torchligh II an excelent game, but make Diablo III with 10 times the budget than Torchilight II a complete and utter failure 3 times as expensive and 3 times less polished.
    Really. If you read this do not buy Diablo 3. Do not make that mistake. The mistake I and many others made because we had a nice time playing Diablo II and thought Diablo 3 would be its continuation. It is not. Do not bother. Go for Torchlight. You can buy 3 copies and its still cheaper than diablo... I feel so stupid now... Hope this helps you! Have fun everyone!
  63. May 15, 2012
    Gameplay is boring. The storyline of Diablo 3 isn't very well done and it's very sub-par compared to Diablo 2. The graphics are not modern and are on the same level as PS1 game. The gameplay is not great either. It's been very simplified compared to Diablo 2 and the Real Money Auction House is a let down. Overall, I'm not happy with Diablo 3.
  64. May 15, 2012
    Completely unacceptable. You do not as a professional company promise consumers a product on a due time, fail to then deliver it on time, and not even allow the consumer to use their product they have legally purchased. All this does once again is drum up support for piracy over DRM since we find once again those who haven't paid are somehow granted more accessibility then those who paid. This entire issue could have been easily avoided were competency and logic applied to this release. Sadly they have shown more value for making revenue then supporting their loyal customers on this day. Do not be fooled by the promises these large gaming companies will make you. They will not ever deliver anything more then a product stripped of as much artistic integrity as possible in favor of appealing to the majority.

tl;dr save your money and play Torchlight 2 or PoE. Both are cheaper and better planned out then what has become another brick in the growing wall of incompetent game companies.
  65. Sep 23, 2012
    Review reduced from 1 to 0 after playing Torchlight 2. This game is bad, but in comparison to TL is it down right horrible. Torchlight... Thank you...
  66. May 15, 2012
    The only score you can give a game that doesn't work is a ZERO. 12 hours after launch, I can't log in. Emergency maintenance is being performed, maybe that will fix it. If you want people to like your product, your product better be able to handle the load created by those people. Blizzard failed extremely bad with this product. Not only was it late, by about 6 months, when it finally does release, it doesn't work. Beyond that there are a lot of little bugs and inconsistencies in game like FPS problems and stuttering (if you manage to get in which I did for a brief period last night) that were reported when beta began yet never fixed, bartenders repairing gear but the blacksmith (who actually makes gear) can't, inaccurate tooltips and information in game and other various bugs. This is not a smooth release, this is not a finished product and hell, right now, it's not even a product at all since you can't play it. Expand
  67. May 15, 2012
    The Diablo franchise has always been a distillation of the roguelike RPG experience, which bears the mechanics of a slot machine at its twitching heart, but D3 takes this minimalism a step further: in the absence of narrative tension (like Witcher, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate), atmosphere (say Diablo 1, Fallout series, Metro 2033), puzzle solving (Planescape: Torment, Ultima IV), character development (Fallout 1? Dragon Age? Forgotten Realms gold box titles?), or gee-whiz visuals (e.g., Skyrim), Diablo3 quickly devolves into a repetitive exercise for the reptilian brain, a glazed over mash-off where the only uncertainty is the Simoleon value of your next King's Kryss of Waste. Which is fine: plenty of gray-hairs wile away their last days in front of a Sex and the City video slot awaiting a semi-unpredictable dopamine rush, so it's not like this exercise in limbic system massage is inherently bad or anything. At least it wouldn't be inherently bad, were it not for the authoritarian DRM "features"...

Needing validation from the mothership to play single-player sucks on principle, but that doesn't matter; it just means the suits are in charge and the "talent" has little say as far as creative and engineering decisions go. The real problem lies in user experience, which robs the game of what little immersion a glorified slot machine can provide: as everyone and their grandmother knows, the Blizzard servers were down the better part of the day in the US, which meant no Diablo, c'est la vie, that's life in the cloud. But even when things are working more or less as they should, there's unfortunate consequences to this centralized approach, the biggest one being that you often have no idea where you'll end up on your own fictional timeline when you try to stop playing the game (and like many modern slot machines, D3 makes you watch a 10 second countdown timer before graciously allowing you to quit the game) ... for instance, if you use the old Rod of Recall to teleport into town, stash your swag in a dropbox, and then leave the game temporarily to sell your junk on D-bay, you'll find yourself time-warped to the last checkpoint except with the inventory and stats you didn't even have yet. Which is bearable, albeit disconcerting to anyone accustomed to the novel concept referred to as "Save Game" (which doesn't exist in this multiplayer-as-singleplayer paradigm), but the game unceremoniously boots you out of the present with alarming regularity ("connection lost"), so you end up fighting the same boss 5 times in a row, like some kind of solipsistic Groundhog Day MMORPG from hell. A different kind of time-warp occurs in real-time whenever the server burps, such that you end up rubber banding 5 second intervals like the Matrix scene with the black cat, thus the very fabric of reality depends on Blizzard's haphazard ability to dish it out. All told, this is the most disturbing sequel since Highlander 2 (or Dragon Age 2), and I hope some of the backlash bites the bums in the pocketbook.
  68. Oct 9, 2012
    Well after 60+ hours of playing the game I think I can finally conclude that there are way too many problems that are ingrained into the game due to design choices made by Blizzard. The first 10 or so hours were fun, it was new, it was shiny new, but after that it simply went downhill.

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around the entire player population and no longer (like Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2) geared around the individual player, so what you get is total junk loot most of the time which then forces you into their gold or real money auction house to get items that are appropriate for your characters level just so that you can move on in the game.

Sure, some players may have the luck (somebody has to right?) and those items in the auction houses have to come from somewhere, and they do, from the lucky players or the players that have no life and do nothing but grind for hundreds of hours in D3, or from bots that grind just as mercilessly so that they can sell the good loot to real live players for gold (or real money) which they then turn around and sell the gold to the fool players that are willing to buy from 3rd party sites. Anyway, my point is that the loot is geared to drop around the entire population of players else their auction house wouldn't even work for them. So you can either grind for tens or hundreds of hours in hopes that you'll get a decent upgrade or go to the auction house and buy it with some gold or real money.

This directly conflicts with all of the ARPG's that I've ever played and I've played a lot, the whole auction house deal basically takes away the one guilty pleasure of these types of ARPG's which is to find new loot that are upgrades for your character.

Next we have the total respec, where you have no perminence with your character as you can change the skills as often as you change your socks (actually, probably more often) which means there's basically no reason to reroll a new character, just go to the auction house to buy some new gear to accompany your new chosen skills.

All in all this game has been a total and complete let down to both my wife, myself and about 75% of our friends that also bought it. Both my wife and I had been wanting a D3 since Diablo 2 LOD was released and have waited patiently for the past I don't know how many years, 7 or 8 years now. Unfortunately the game is so seriously flawed by poor design decisions by Blizzard developers and there's just no way to fix it as it's prime function for Blizzard is to make a revenue stream out of the auction house. As long as the auction houses remain, the loot drops will be based on total player population and the game will never have that feeling of achievement that you would normally get in games like Diablo 2, Titans Quest, Torchlight 1 & 2, Sacred etc etc etc, the list goes on and on an don.

I originally scored this game a 10, that was 4 hours and 54 minutes into play, it's now Oct, almost 5 months after release and the grind is still there and that is ONLY in HOPES that you might get an upgrade. please take my word for it when I tell you that it's simply not worth it, especially at the $60.00 price tag.

If on the other hand you hurry down to Toys r Us you can pick up Diablo 3 right now for only $9.99 If you buy it for under a 10er, then you'll likely get your moneys worth out of it with one play through, assuming you get loot that let's your character keep moving forward.

I can no longer in good conscience recommend this game to family or friends or even my worst enemies. Expand

69. May 15, 2012
    DRM has to GO Blizzard!!!!! I want to be able to play this game years to come and what if your company decides to shut down the servers? Let me play the game I paid my money for without some BS always online crap. The game itself is awesome so far, but I can't play because your servers are down again. I like the art style of the game and music/sounds, combat is fun too. Unless you remove DRM or at least make option to play offline, I will give your game bad rep and 1 point out of 10. Fix your mess and I will think about changing my mind about score. Thank you!!!! Expand
  70. May 18, 2012
    Ha ha ha! when i look at the user score and then at the Critics' reviews i cannot help but wonder - DO THE CRITICS GET PAID BY MAGNATE COMPANIES to write reviews? :D Amazing!
    In any case, i'll continue to chime the same bells - beside a necessity in net-connection (let's put this aside and try to concentrate objectively on the game itself) - Diablo 3 is a failure because it TAKES AWAY
    from what has made previous titles so successful - it takes away Uniqueness, Replayablility, Character Customization. Very disappointed. Gave 3/10 simply for the effort.
    Let's not waste the hard-earned cash on companies that drive greed instead of customer satisfaction. Have you really thought about THE GAMERS, Blizzard? The answer is obvious and oblivious.
    I know that i rather support hard-working indie-games, who actually think about me - THE GAMER, instead of giving my money to an undeserving monster machine that is driven by forces other than GAMER SATISFACTION, be that gamer hardcore fan, or a newbie.
  71. May 15, 2012
    Wow. What a mess, lol! Guys, don't buy this. You can't play as Diablo 3. Sigh, you can't even play as Diablo from previous titles! They won't let you. Instead you have bunch of wow characters (No, you can't change face OR race). And you can't even go reskill some noobs! No horde or alliance, that's a sad thing! Why can't i play as ork atlest? Why would you call game diablo and not have him as good guy? Game should have been called WoW for mentally challenged! Expand
  72. May 15, 2012
    A massive disappointment after putting hours upon hours into D2. A lot of the game is streamlined to the point of absurdity. Not only that, the single player experience is severely hampered by the need to be online at all times which wouldn't be that bad if could actually play the game instead of waiting for hours in the queue.
  73. May 15, 2012
    Yet another game series has been killed off by the likes of casualization in the industry. At least they bothered to change it from being rated T to rated M, but that doesn't fix even half the problems this game has. My biggest problem were the visuals. How does Diablo 2, a pretty old game, look so much better than 3? The cartoony WoW artstyle doesn't fit at all, the textures and models are crap, and the lighting is absolute **** The graphics even get in the way of gameplay, sometimes during combat there are so many random spell/skill effects on the screen that I can't see what's going on. Auction house runs on real money and the game has been significantly dumbed down for idiots. Always-Online DRM wrecks any chance of single-player which is how I played the classic games for the most part. All in all terrible game, wouldn't play. Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    I would love to rate the game higher but it appears Activisions Blizzard is unable to correctly implement the right infrastructure in order to load people in, heavens forbid I don't know how Google etc manage so many concurrent users logging in several times a day from various devices where blizzard can't even manage the one device. I'm not sure if there's a video game or that the game is just made up of various Error Messages. Expand
  75. May 15, 2012
    one would expect that the company that serves millions of WoW users would have servers ready for the most anticipated game in 2012.
    also, no attributes points customization, whats up with that??
  76. May 15, 2012
    Disappointed to say the least. Got to play it for about 30 min and now servers are down again. DRM for this game is insane. Especially when it's not that great a game. It almost looks browser based. I tried to like it, but since I can't even play it when I want to, it lowers the score even more for me.
  77. May 15, 2012
    This game is terrible, talk about a rotten apple. It has been 12 years since Diablo 2 and it is plain to see they just took this game of the old project/expansion pack storage shelf, wiped the dust off and repackaged it. The storyline is very thin on the ground and the whole single player story is exceptionally short only a few hours of quite repetitive play, the character customisation system is limited and in places even confusing unless you are familiar with the previous games. This entire game is just shameless grab for more money by forcing a continual online connection and perpetuating the myth that online multiplayer or pay to play WOW type play is the only way to go. There is no way on earth this game can justify the hype or the hefty price tag, Diablo 2 was a much better game. That fact coupled with the multitude of errors, DRM activation problems and the online requirement make the whole thing slightly more enjoyable than a bad hangover from a long weekend. I strongly recommend anyone reading this to look to an older and much loved Diablo type clone instead for long term internet connection free enjoyment, titles such as Titan Quest, Torchlight, and Silver Fall spring to mind. In the interests of saving your money for a good gaming experience please donââ Expand
  78. Jun 7, 2012
    This game has been engineered to reap idiots of their money. Some executive decided that the black item market should be more than legalized, it should be the core aim of the game. And DEVS completed their mission. Unfortunately it ended as a poor boring game were there is no possibilities of different play styles inside the classes all will always play and feel the same. It is worse in almost all aspect than D1. Anyone going back to D1 or D2 will find more fun in those than in D3. i m not joking. Blizzard acted as a b!tch and i hope the market b!tchslap it. Now lets hope they ll come to their sense for D4, if they can survive the cascade of failure they are accumulating that is. If not, patience, the market will fill the void, TL2 is there for that, and its only the beginning i would bet Expand
  79. May 15, 2012
    Played 1 and 2, and waited and waded through the hype for a game that feels mechanical, stale and sadly offers less than the previous games. Graphically lovely, it just doesn't grab me by the balls. Something is badly lacking. If anyone has experienced WoW pug PvP, it kinda feels like that. I'll explain, I started playing earlier and joined a few parties, not one person spoke and it felt as though I was being simply carried along. No one picked up anything (gold/items) or even stopped to fart! I couldn't help but feel like a low level vacuum cleaner running behind Dysons. Overall, I think the game is average (esp after the wait) and it is further spoiled by the sad fact that modern gamers seem too eager to pursue end game glory and have forgotten, or better yet (given their ages), never known the pleasures and satisfaction of the in-between. Everyone's in a hurry to be no.1 and the game suffers as a consequence. 4/10 - By today's expectations/standards, and in view of what had gone before it, a real let-down. Expand
  80. May 15, 2012
    I was already extremely disappointed from the start because of the overall "WoWification" (which I probably don't need to go into detail about; read the other 500 reviews about it), but with the whole unplayable part I am officially mad. I regret buying this
  81. May 20, 2012
    Never again will I purchase a game from blizzard. My first time buying and my last. Selling a game that negates the entire idea of playing single player. You must be online to play a single player campaign? Just terrible. This is the biggest waste of money I've ever spent on a game.
  82. May 15, 2012
    This is not Diablo. This is a bad clone of the game that we knew and loved. Blizzard removed from the game are good things, and added a useless. I do not advise buying this game, it is the failure of Blizzard.
  83. May 15, 2012
    The complete lack of character customization takes all the joy out of progressing in this game. They try to overcompensate with story but that's never been good/important in diablo games. Game is incredibly short, and they artificially increase the length by unlocking the harder difficulties. Get "Path of exile" if you want a better experience.
  84. May 16, 2012
    It's probably the best of the hack&slash..... But it's just a hack&slash. If you love this type of game, you'll probably get an orgasm. But if it's the story and the alternatives in the gameplay wich are moving you one, just a word will come in your mind : boring. This game is ........... boring. Oh yeah, the loot is great, your player is growing up in the strength ....... and that's all. I've played it for 6 hours, and there were 5 pain hours. Seriously , how can someone stay and click click click for hours, without strategy, without story, without anything just a little laughable. It's like work, and what a want when i touch a game, it's to play, not to farm hours after hours for a **** sword Expand
  85. May 15, 2012
    I beat the game already.
    It's so damn easy I think I'm going to have to try a no items run instead. This is what happens when they get the team from world of warcraft to make the game, instead of the team from diablo 2.
  86. May 15, 2012
    It's pretty much World of Warcraft with a higher camera angle. Did the new Blizzard devs even play the older Diablo games? The game lacks soul, the art is good but it's not gloomy - everything to too vibrant. You can tell Blizzard 2.0 could care less about voice acting, they hired people for cheap and you can hear it.
  87. May 15, 2012
    Great game. Shame no one can play it. Servers are a joke. Information about 353 pages of complaints about error 37 is a cut and paste job. Worst customer service ive seen in a long time. Terrible waste of time and money.
  88. May 15, 2012
    Last Blizzard purchase I make...This company has really gone downhill in the last couple of years. I know that WoW had a shaky launch and some rough patches, but that game was an MMO! This game is just a DRM logon!

As for DIII:
    very dated graphics- I understand the desire to sell to a broader audience, but limited animations, single viewpoint, and screen shake?! The enemies all look
    like mannequins rather than hellspawn beasts. I was more afriad of Doom 2 monsters than these! No single player/DRM -enough people have mentioned this
    Customization- much like what happened with WoW Cataclysm, there is no more choice in development. I dont want to play like other people; let me choose, let me fail if that is the case. All skills are granted as the character increases in level. There are no attribute or skill points to customize your character.
    Overall just boring- maybe the game will intensify with the the 'higher difficulties' (read: stat padded mobs), but I can forsee this game becoming a very one-dimensional gear farming title. Quests are not at all memorable or exciting, nor are they class specific.
    Now that people can 'play to pwn" with the real money auction house, Blizzard is just sucking the money from gamers who simply do not know better (the ~300 people that have given this game positive reviews thus far).

I was able to quit WoW with ease after how bad Cataclysm let me down, and now I will get a refund for this complete waste of $60. Well done Blizzard, you just lost a customer who had been loyal since 1997. At least there is still Valve!
  89. May 15, 2012
    This game is a massive pile of **** It shouldn't be named like that.
    WoW is nice like a prostate cancer, and this "Diablo"3 is like a bunch of bloody hemorrhoids in your mouth.
  90. May 16, 2012
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS S*! PS I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! :[ 10+ YEARS OF WAITING AND THIS IS IT?! NON-STOP PROBLEMS WITH LOGGING ,IN GAME LAGGING .. POOR STORY THE GAME IS SUCKS !1 I AM SO ANGRY SORRY:(
  91. May 15, 2012
    I created an account specifically to review this game. I wasn't going to buy it but at the last minute I thought why not. Quite often the negative reviews on metacritic are over reactions but this time unfortunately they are correct. I haven't finished it yet but from what I have experienced it is terrible. the art looks like WOW and the graphics are very poor. In addition to this, the game lags and has a terrible framerate.
    If you are considering purchasing this game whatever you do try before you buy.
    I feel like I have wasted $90 dollars I swear I'll never purchase another activision blizzard game again.
    I am a legitimate customer and not someone with an axe to grind.
  92. May 15, 2012
    One word for this poor performance and way of ruining such a nice franchise - ACTIVI$ION
    I can not even describe how disappointing this is, saddens me to see a old school PC Gaming company going down this route.
  93. May 15, 2012
    This game is such a disappointment after Diablo 2. They completely removed any form of character customization. Every single hero of a class is the same as any other hero of that class. There are no more unique builds both attributes and skills are automatically gotten for you as you level up. It tries far too hard to hold your hand and made it impossible to make your character unique.
  94. May 15, 2012
    truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls
  95. May 15, 2012
    You love Diablo II? So... Don't buy D3! No more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level you, character personnalisation = 0. And the DRM... THE DRM!
    We can't play to the solo game when we want.

Bad game Blizzard, very bad game.
  96. May 15, 2012
    It's not that Diablo 3 is a terrible game as it stands alone, but compared to the rest of the Diablo series, it is. For $30, it would be a good game, but the fact that we were charged full price makes it bad. Aside from the price point, there are many unforgivable factors. The first being Blizzard's lack of preparation for the flooding of the servers. What I don't understand is if Blizzard can afford to run WoW, one of the world's most popular online games, day in and day out with no server compromises, then how can it not handle Diablo 3 when they've had 12 years to prepare for its imminent release? This brings me to my next point, the need to be constantly online even to play single player. Why should I have to be online to play single player, a mode that utilizes no online components whatsoever? This is further complicated by Blizzard's ineptitude to anticipate the flooding of the servers. This means that the consumer has been unable to play a mode that should not utilize online servers due to Blizzard's huge blunder. Like I said before, if this game were only $30, then it wouldn't be as bad. The fact that Blizzard gave us an unprepared piece of garbage for $60 is what makes this game terrible. Expand
  97. May 15, 2012
    Big fan of D2, this is just the worst launch in history, of any product, not just a game!
    Paying for something and being denied the use of it = Theft
  98. May 15, 2012
    this game is **** away from it at all costs,it is extremely dumbed down and downright boring to play,i so regret buying this game,it is a wow clone
  99. May 15, 2012
    I can't really think of anything good about this game, so I'll focus on the bad. Features that existed in previous games are gone less customization need to be online to play poor launch classes are extremely unbalanced game is absurdly short blizzard clearly put no effort into making a good game because they knew the success of their other titles would ensure people would play this game without question. I'm pretty disgusted by what occurred here and I really hope that it can be made to stop. The game has been dumbed down to just clicking and nothing else. Expand
  100. Oct 24, 2012
    Why do all game devs these days only care about money. Screw your auction house, the whole point of the game is to collect stuff yourself, what is the point if you can just buy the items in the auction house? It's stupid. The game itself is too easy, Story wasn't that great,graphics are good, and gameplay is good. I just can't give a game a good score when the game itself is repetative and you can't play offline. The game should be limitless and not have it's limits. Get your s**t together or get out. That's all I can say. Expand
  101. May 15, 2012