Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 24, 2012
    So far I'm around 3/4's of the way through Act II, and I'm loving the game so far. I don't understand why people are whinging so much if I'm honest. I'll agree, I hate the 'Always Online' bullcrap, but if its stops the pathetic world of duping/hacking the best gear in the game, I'm all for it.

For those of you complaining about how 'colourful' the world is, get over yourselves. There are far too many games nowadays who use a colour palette of grey and brown, its nice to see a developer injecting some colour into the world. [Make a comparison to the art/graphic style of Warcraft and I will smack you up the side of the head. Completely different development team, morons]

All in all, the game delivers what D2 had and more. I'm sorry if you stat/skill monkeys are upset, but at least now you don't have to google ULTIMATE CHARACTER STAT/SKILL SETUP and can actually make the sort of character you actually want to play, not a defined role for the best most possible damage output.
  2. May 24, 2012
    This game follows in the footsteps of Diablo 2 and does not disappoint. The story isn't amazing, but this is a great hack and slash, dungeon crawl game. The difficulty allows newer players to easily get the feel of the game, while the new skill system allows you to design your character to what fits your play-style. The graphics could have been a bit better in game, but most of theThis game follows in the footsteps of Diablo 2 and does not disappoint. The story isn't amazing, but this is a great hack and slash, dungeon crawl game. The difficulty allows newer players to easily get the feel of the game, while the new skill system allows you to design your character to what fits your play-style. The graphics could have been a bit better in game, but most of the cutscenes look amazing. Expand
  3. May 19, 2012
    Alright, so Blizzard is really dedicated to fixing the latency issue, as the server is functioning greatly now. I changed my rating from 2 to 9. The game itself is great, I think I don't need to explain much because others have nailed it perfectly. I'm absolutely satisfied with this game.
  4. May 16, 2012
    Great game. There were a few server errors on opening day, but those seem to be worked out now. Will definitely be playing this game for a while. Love the new classes and dungeons that change each time.
  5. May 16, 2012
    The gameplay is definitely Hack and Slash. Yes, you click lots of mobs to death, as such, it plays well. The mood, music, artwork all set a beautifully dark tone. I'm mixed on the character development. I like the direction the rune's are going. I dislike the lack of any real meaning to your weapon outside of its stats. Wielding an axe makes my Witch Doctor's blowgun hit harder? I alsoThe gameplay is definitely Hack and Slash. Yes, you click lots of mobs to death, as such, it plays well. The mood, music, artwork all set a beautifully dark tone. I'm mixed on the character development. I like the direction the rune's are going. I dislike the lack of any real meaning to your weapon outside of its stats. Wielding an axe makes my Witch Doctor's blowgun hit harder? I also miss being able to allocate my stat points as I see fit.

I haven't had any connection issues with the game, but I also chose to sleep through the DDoS attack known as the midnight launch. Really people, No matter how much Blizzard planned, half a million users all trying to log in at 12:01 PST was not going to work... Honestly, I liked the online save, I was able to play via my laptop this morning, picking up right where I left off. I don't understand the people complaining about the lack of an offline mode as this has long been disclosed. If you read the game description and requirements, this was quite clear...

Is it short, I don't know yet, I haven't beaten it... Did some Koreans blitz through in 6 hours, skipping 2/3s of the content? Do I care? Am I enjoying the game... YES
  6. May 16, 2012
    Pay no mind to all the haters. This game is awesome and really fun. Blizzard has done a great job of getting a great game out and it was worth the wait!!
  7. May 16, 2012
    OMG, people, If you can be bothered to take the actual game into consideration, review the game not the network code. What a bunch of whiners in up in here.
  8. May 17, 2012
    I've seen so many 'reviews' on here that are giving the game 0 out of 10 because they can't log in... I even saw one that said "If I can't play the game I can't review it" whilst giving it a score of 0! Now that is ridiculous.

The unfair damnation of Diablo 3 is coming from the undesirable online-only system and server errors which have marred its launch, but the ACTUAL GAME is very good. Very good indeed. Don't get me wrong, I'm against the DRM thing and the server issues are pretty inexcusable, but they don't justify giving the game 0 out of 10, that's just silly.

It's a Diablo game, it looks, sounds and feels like Diablo and it has a great level of polish. Is it a step backward from Diablo 2? Yes. Is the story kind of linear and bland? I guess so. Does it deserve all the pointless hatred it's receiving? Absolutely not! Don't let all this anger and bile put you off buying Diablo 3, I'm extremely glad I bought it and it's the most fun I've had with a game this year. Highly recommended, especially with a friend or two.
  9. May 17, 2012
    Best PC Exclusive for many years, I've seen. Old Diablo has returned! The only thing not very pleased with launch day server did not survive ((but that is no reason to put the game 0! The game is not being to blame for the technical side. Deserved 10.
  10. May 18, 2012
    Other than some launch day issues it turned out as a very solid 3rd installment of the Diablo 3 series. Graphics, Audio, and story are excellent. Wide variety of skill choices and combinations with runes which allow you to customize each ability gives many options for customization and the ability to swap around abilities allows the player to make changes as the character levels up or toOther than some launch day issues it turned out as a very solid 3rd installment of the Diablo 3 series. Graphics, Audio, and story are excellent. Wide variety of skill choices and combinations with runes which allow you to customize each ability gives many options for customization and the ability to swap around abilities allows the player to make changes as the character levels up or to use a different set of abilities that are better suited to the area they're in. Addition of 2 artisan crafters allow players to make their own gear. 4 increasingly harder and more complex difficulty levels make the game fun for both serious and more casual players alike. Party play with up to 4 members and difficulty scaling of the game based on how many players are in the party. PvP is not available at launch but will be added later. Bottom Line: A very solid game despite launch hiccups due to very high global demand definitely worth a 10. Expand
  11. May 18, 2012
    I think this is a great game, almost without the first hours problems with the server. It is dynamic and very very playable. The graphics use a so beautiful model shading with scenarios made of cell shading and artistic design. I am enjoying a lot this game. People are so crier with servers or the comparatives with diablo 2, there are people that say this is not diablo 2 and people who sayI think this is a great game, almost without the first hours problems with the server. It is dynamic and very very playable. The graphics use a so beautiful model shading with scenarios made of cell shading and artistic design. I am enjoying a lot this game. People are so crier with servers or the comparatives with diablo 2, there are people that say this is not diablo 2 and people who say that this is diablo 2, but both aren't happy with it, I enjoyed Diablo 2, and I am enjoying this game, I don't need more. I would preferred more cinematics in place of crayon videos. Expand
  12. May 18, 2012
    Anyone who complains about Diablo 3 being a "huge disappointment" is clinically insane. Everything about the game 'feels' like a Diablo game. The graphics are wonderful, the characters are well done and interesting, the gameplay is fast and exciting, the music is great and reminds me of previous Diablo games, there's better inventory management, and the loot is divine! If you don't likeAnyone who complains about Diablo 3 being a "huge disappointment" is clinically insane. Everything about the game 'feels' like a Diablo game. The graphics are wonderful, the characters are well done and interesting, the gameplay is fast and exciting, the music is great and reminds me of previous Diablo games, there's better inventory management, and the loot is divine! If you don't like the Real Money Auction House, then just ignore it. Sure, there are some stability issues that Blizzard is still working through, but the game has only been out for four days. Those problems will go away, I guarantee it. And yes, the game has no 'offline' mode, but this Diablo game is more focused on making co-operative gameplay as easy and enjoyable as possible...and the only reason I still play Diablo 2 is to play it with friends. Also, you really need to play the game for a while before judging it too harshly. It starts off very simple, giving you access to a single ability...but the complexity builds as you become more familiar with your character. Once you have 15-20 levels under your belt, you have several different abilities to choose from to customize how you want to play your character. You get access to crating npc's that allow you to craft many different things with random magical properties, and the magical properties of items in general vary greatly ('of the lion' property could be +1 or +40 to strength). It's true that there are many scripted events, but there is also a great deal of randomness to the world that makes each play-through new and exciting.

All in all, Diablo 3 is everything that I would have ever wanted from a Diablo sequel and more.
  13. May 18, 2012
    Stop trashing the review score because you can't login or because you think "it's nothing like Diablo II". I like the idea of RMAH and the "online play only" approach.
  14. May 21, 2012
    Played this game since it came out and going to give a very honest review of it not somebody raging about how they can't log in. The point of a review about a game is to review the gameplay, not give opinions about how you dislike a certain marketing choice (the item market) or how you can't log in. From a gameplay standpoint and comparing it to the other games like this that I've playedPlayed this game since it came out and going to give a very honest review of it not somebody raging about how they can't log in. The point of a review about a game is to review the gameplay, not give opinions about how you dislike a certain marketing choice (the item market) or how you can't log in. From a gameplay standpoint and comparing it to the other games like this that I've played through (Diablo 1,2, and Torchlight) Diablo 3 is superior in all aspects. The game really shows how much development time went into its making. As usual for a Blizzard game it is polished in every way possible and performs brilliantly even on my more mid end laptop. They bring back all of your old favorites character wise which really helps the feeling of nostalgia settle in for us Diablo 1 veterans. But enough about old things we real gamers like new stuff and its Diablo THREE so there must be new fun toys to play with. And there are. Lots of abilities that look and have a great feel to them for all classes. You really feel like you want to play through the game over with each class because you feel like you're missing out if you don't. As far as the feel of the setting goes it is just as dark as ever if not more so. The addition of depth adds a lot to the world of Sanctuary and the gore is off the charts as should be expected of a Diablo game. Seriously while being online all the time might not be super fantastic I have yet to run into a problem with the servers and I've played every day since release so make sure your connection isn't the problem before blaming Blizzard. Other than that its one of the most solid gaming experiences you'll ever have! Enjoy it. Expand
  15. May 22, 2012
    I'm completely puzzled by all the negative reviews for this game. While it isn't a perfect game, it is an extremely enjoyable representative of the genre.

Graphics: The graphics have a cell-shaded look similar to Torchlight. If you don't like that style of graphics, then you will not like this game. If you do like that look, then the graphics are fantastic. While you cannot zoom in -

Graphics:

The graphics have a cell-shaded look similar to Torchlight. If you don't like that style of graphics, then you will not like this game. If you do like that look, then the graphics are fantastic. While you cannot zoom in - probably to balance performance - the animations, effects for the various attacks are incredibly well done. If you have a weapon with a poison effect - pools of green fog will appear around dead mobs. The monk has various animations associated with his attacks that clearly convey the power of his fist and foot based attacks.

There is a lot of skill, craftsmanship and love put into the graphics in this game. So I would rate graphics as 9.5 out of 10.

Gameplay:

Nothing new or different here - this is a hack-n-slash game. Click, click, click, click, right-click, etc. That said, the controls are responsie and well thought out. As you level up, you will unlock various skills and you can change the active skills any time you aren't in combat.

The games consists of exploring areas, killing mobs, and picking up loot. And you are always hoping for better weapons or armor.

While there is nothing "new" under the covers - what is here is rock solid, if repetitive - and earns a 9.0 out of 10.

Customization:

I've seen a lot of comments about the lack of customization. I'm not sure that I understand why being able to customize the "look" of the character is so important to some people. If this was a Skyrim type game, yes that would matter. But, given the fixed perspective of the game - I agree with the developer's decision to limit you to selecting the gender, class and name of your character. Anything more would have been pointless window dressing.

As your level progresses - you do have limited control of your skills - which fall into broad categories such as: Active, Defensive, Passive, etc. While there is a set path , limited options as you level - you will need to switch out skills at various points.

I would rate this area an 8.0 out of 10.

Stability and Performance:

I've played the game about 25-30 hours so far, playing across 4 different classes: Wizard, Demon Hunter, Barbarian and Monk. The game has hard-locked my system once. Otherwise, it has been perfect and rock-solid. I'm also playing on an older Dell XPS 8100 - and have everything set to high-detail. The games loads quickly, transitions as you change areas are fast, so no complaints here.

I would give a 9.0 out of 10 rating.

Loot & Leveling

Loot and leveling are the areas where I have some qualms about the game. With regard to loot - so far the game seems pretty stingy. You find a lot of magical items, but none of it has had a WOW, TFA factor. And, the rare / epic items are extremely infrequent and also kind of ho-hum.

You spend a lot of time picking up trash items, and selling them. And, for some reason, I seem to be getting a lot of items that are restricted to a different class than the one I'm playing. I.e. my Demon Hunter keeps getting a lot of Barbarian only gear.

In short, there seems to be something slightly "off" and underwhelming in the area of loot.

On the positive side, you unlock an Blacksmith NPC - and if you spend gold training him you eventually get access to some nice items.

Leveling - because of the fixed path for the various skill areas - also is a little less satisfying than I might like.

While these are gripes - when balanced against the overall game they are relatively minor. No game is perfect, and these are the two areas where Diablo 3 shines the least.

I will give both loot and leveling (unlocking new skills) a 7.5 out of 10.

Overall Score:

This game is a definite 9.0 out of 10. There are a lot of lessons that other developers could learn from Blizzard and this game. The overall polish and design are extremely high-quality. I've had no problems connecting to servers, with performance, etc.

I would like better loot, and more of a sense of freedom when it comes to unlocking and selecting skills when leveling - but these are really minor quibbles with an otherwise excellent game. A lot of people have complained about not having scrolls - but given the limited inventory slots I applaud the design decision to eliminate the scrolls and just provide a town portal and identify unknown items skill. This is a fun, addictive games with an extremely high-level of polish and artistry. If you like the genre, and don't mind the graphics style - this game is highly recommended. I paid full price, and feel that I'm getting my money's worth. Will that change when Torchlight 2 comes out - at $20 - maybe. But, until then, this is a fantastic hack-n-slash. Highly recommended.
  16. May 23, 2012
    The fundamental game play experience I've so far has been flawless. It's everything I expected from the sequel to Diablo 2. The skill system is refreshingly different than the over used skill point system. They've addressed all the flaws of Diablo 2, including monster immunities, and replaced it with an extremely challenging new enemy skill system. Other than the clumsy launch and theThe fundamental game play experience I've so far has been flawless. It's everything I expected from the sequel to Diablo 2. The skill system is refreshingly different than the over used skill point system. They've addressed all the flaws of Diablo 2, including monster immunities, and replaced it with an extremely challenging new enemy skill system. Other than the clumsy launch and the buggy auction house, this game is much more than i could have hoped for. Expand
  17. May 23, 2012
    E um ótimo jogo com certeza, além de tudo e um dos poucos que vem dublado em PT-BR.
    Parabéns Blizzard por mais esse excelente trabalho.
    Esses são meus sinceros agradecimentos pelo empenho em lançar um produto de ótima qualidade.
  18. May 25, 2012
    While I find the items in this game a bit off I like quite a few of the changes they made. Blue items should NOT be better than rare and legendary but I like the new skill runes. Unlike D2 where you would level to 99 and not unlock new skills along the way getting to level 60 and learning a new rune along the way was a welcome change. Most of the people complaining enjoyed rushingWhile I find the items in this game a bit off I like quite a few of the changes they made. Blue items should NOT be better than rare and legendary but I like the new skill runes. Unlike D2 where you would level to 99 and not unlock new skills along the way getting to level 60 and learning a new rune along the way was a welcome change. Most of the people complaining enjoyed rushing characters to level 99 and PvPing like that was any fun..... Expand
  19. May 15, 2012
    Disconnect issues at launch were extremely frustrating, but once I got into the game it was just as fun as my brief experience with the beta was. Played for a couple of hours with friends and had tons of fun. Many of the 0 point, 5 line reviews are likely from people either (understandably) frustrated from the launch or hate the game/Blizzard for some childish reason.

Legitimate

Legitimate complaints:
    -Horrible Launch
    -Online only DRM frustrating for people who want to play single player

Lies from previous reviews:
    -"Game is not fun" - yes this is subjective, but I really can't see how someone who actually managed to get online last night did not have a blast with their friends.
    -"Atmosphere is cartoony" - This more than anything leads me to believe said people have not actually played the game, the atmosphere and art styles are brilliant and appropriately dark. Additionally, this is as gory a game as you're going to play.

Things I disagree With From previous Reviews
    -"Lack of skill points makes this game worse" - In diablo 2 the optimal builds were just figuring out how much dex/str you needed to equip items and then just sinking the rest into vitality. Admittedly this did allow for troll builds, but those were never something I had the patience to do. I do not miss this at all.
    -"Auction house is pay to win" - Given that you can auction items on the real money auction house and never have to cash in your earnings, players who never choose to spend a dollar on this game will still see the benefit of the time they put into it. If you don't understand this please read up on how the real money auction house works.

Perhaps Blizzard does deserve a low user score for the moment as backlash for their terrible launch, but I handled that with pissed of comments on their facebook and twitter. I hope anyone reading this review finds it as a well reasoned rebuttal to the pure rage being posted here. Even given how terrible it was waiting for an hour and a half past launch time to play, I had a blast with my friends and balancing all of that leaves me with a score of 9. I'd also please remind everyone that all but a tiny fraction of you are still on Act 1 or 2 for chrissakes! Please try and least beat the game on normal (1 of FOUR difficulties) before making a final judgement, as I will.
  20. May 15, 2012
    Fun game, never played 1 or 2 but have been a long time WoW fan. I have not run into the same logon issues many people complain about so my experience has been a bit different.
  21. May 16, 2012
    I am still in the process of playing the game, and I would say I am about half way through. Generally I think that Blizzard did an excellent job. The game reclaims the original "feeling" of it's older counterparts such as Diablo II, but at the same time, puts a fresh new spin on the franchise and supports more modern day visuals. The story is very interesting, as are the variousI am still in the process of playing the game, and I would say I am about half way through. Generally I think that Blizzard did an excellent job. The game reclaims the original "feeling" of it's older counterparts such as Diablo II, but at the same time, puts a fresh new spin on the franchise and supports more modern day visuals. The story is very interesting, as are the various environments you get to explore. The graphics look great. Sure, they aren't the best, but not everyone has a top-of-the-line graphics card, and many people don't even have one that will support the game despite it's already low requirements. I think in modern days people are spoiled. They think that just because a game comes out after another, that means it has to look better.

Not to mention that many of these people are giving a rating of "O" just because of server issues within the first few days of launch, and that is nothing but immature. Do you rate a movie as bad if you can't get in the theatre to see it because the tickets are sold out? Why don't you base your rating on actual gameplay, instead of having a temper tantrum like a 5 year old?

And as for the online only requirement, how many of you actually played Diablo 2 and bothered playing offline? Not many, I bet. All these childish reviews are going to look dumb in the coming months, and you have no idea how immature it looks.
  22. May 16, 2012
    The game is good, but feels way too carebear. Instead of having like 50 people having 50 different types of characters in the same class, you have 50 people having more like 3 types of characters in the same class. Most of the blame lies with how much this game generation tries to hold the player's hand while they play the game. This one is no different in that regard. Apart from thatThe game is good, but feels way too carebear. Instead of having like 50 people having 50 different types of characters in the same class, you have 50 people having more like 3 types of characters in the same class. Most of the blame lies with how much this game generation tries to hold the player's hand while they play the game. This one is no different in that regard. Apart from that though, it is still a fun game. Servers were messy the first couple days, but that is to be expected in such an anticipated game like this. People are way too quick in whining about the servers being down as you can't predict how stable servers are going to be no matter how much you prepare for it which is what people fail to realize. They probably could have kept the open beta going longer and got more data for it to use for release day, but I'm sure after a week of it being released, everything will settle down and will be fine from there on out.

I don't like how the game is only 4 acts long. For a game that has been in development for this long, you would think they would try to squeeze as much as they could into this game and throw in at least 5 total acts. Hopefully an expansion won't be too far off and we won't have to wait too long for it.
  23. May 17, 2012
    This is SOOO BAD.... just delete....Absurd how badly blizzard screwed this up. There isn't even an offline mode. What kind of Diablo doesn't have offline gameplay? Other than this the game itself is very fun and plays smoothly, even on my macbook air.
  24. May 17, 2012
    A true sequel to one of the best game ever. Very nice design decisions, clear and precise gameplay and mechanics. After Starcraft II this is clearly a game we'll play for a very long time.
  25. May 18, 2012
    I am trying to make this as far of a review as possible. I completely disagree with the common theme of giving a zero due to connection errors. If this continues for a month then yes Blizzard should refund or do something to appease the mob. The reason I am not going to Bomb blizzard for this is because the last diablo game had a loyal fan base for over 10 years. In a month hopefullyI am trying to make this as far of a review as possible. I completely disagree with the common theme of giving a zero due to connection errors. If this continues for a month then yes Blizzard should refund or do something to appease the mob. The reason I am not going to Bomb blizzard for this is because the last diablo game had a loyal fan base for over 10 years. In a month hopefully no one remembers this first week. Are we not the same group that demanded Blizzard release it? I took a day off from work and I completely agree that the error 37 is inexcusable. Especially after they had 250,000 users testing it for a month and at least another Million that would have loved to get a BETA invite. I have heard rumors of people beating Normal in 6 hours. Personally I think this is false. I could be led to believe 10 for skilled gamers trying to beat the record. Fortunately there are 5 classes, 4 of which I find very enjoyably diverse. So on normal difficulty you are looking at a min 40 hours. Then there is level capping all these players and three other difficulties, not to mention Hardcore mode for the mentally ill. So all in all I think you are look at a minimum of 200 hours of play and potentially much higher. I personally love the switchable abilities. I think at the harder difficulties people are going to have to be very skilled playing different skill sets based on the situational to get through. Yeah Normal was a cake walk; but thatâ Expand
  26. May 28, 2012
    Having actually been able to play through the game with little server issues (I was disconnected once and lost a lot of progress in one of the later dungeons). I'm happy to say that Diablo 3 doesn't disappoint. It's a polished experience that is every bit as addictive as Diablo & Diablo 2.
  27. May 16, 2012
    With the initial server difficulties aside, Diablo 3 is a pretty good game. It is a faithful return to form from the previous titles, and while at times a bit too faithful (feels the same), still feels like the Diablo I grew so fond of in the past. The art style has blizzards typical impressive hand painted style, with just the right balance of color and contrast throughout the game toWith the initial server difficulties aside, Diablo 3 is a pretty good game. It is a faithful return to form from the previous titles, and while at times a bit too faithful (feels the same), still feels like the Diablo I grew so fond of in the past. The art style has blizzards typical impressive hand painted style, with just the right balance of color and contrast throughout the game to maintain the darker gothic style when appropriate, and the more colorful more action oriented sequences that pepper the game. The game-play is exactly what you would expect if you're coming from Diablo 2. The point and click combat is as grind-tastic, and shamelessly addictive as ever. Your motivation for grinding on is collecting the most powerful weaponry and armor in the game. While seeing the end of the game is likely your initial interest, once you enter repeat play-throughs your soul motivation will revolve around developing your character. This motivation was considerably stronger in previous titles due to the simple fact that you can no longer spend multiple points in increasing the effectiveness of your powers. The skill system is the most altered aspect of the game. Your skill tree is now more of a single branch that you climb along until you reach level sixty and have all the abilities to choose from. Once you unlock a skill, the majority of your skills will be dependent on what you have equipped, making your skills develop with your equipment. Meaning it's quite possible for a level 60 mage with base equipment to lose to a level 30 with magic equipment (although that match-up will likely never happen). You unlock runes to change the effect of your equipped spell or abilities, such as adding ice damage to a weapon, or adding another minion to a summon spell. There isn't much to mention that wouldn't ring very familiar to Diablo fans. It's a faithful recreation of the Diablo franchise, and while not evolving as far as one would hope it would, it sucks you in and motivates you to play on. With later difficulty settings allowing you to gain more powerful equipment and crafting abilities there is enough reason to grind on for most more dedicated players, but to a casual player, the game may leave you wanting a more varied experience. Expand
  28. May 17, 2012
    I love how everyone is hating on the skill system. The skill system has so much more depth than diablo 2's skill system that it's scary. In diablo 2 you basically power leveld your character till you got the spell that your character was made for. Like a blizzard sorc, a meteor sorc, a hammer paladin or a frenzy barb. When you get that spell all you do is spam it. That's all you do for theI love how everyone is hating on the skill system. The skill system has so much more depth than diablo 2's skill system that it's scary. In diablo 2 you basically power leveld your character till you got the spell that your character was made for. Like a blizzard sorc, a meteor sorc, a hammer paladin or a frenzy barb. When you get that spell all you do is spam it. That's all you do for the rest of the **** game till you make a new character because you become bored as **** Trust me, i know. I was also pretty disappointed by the fact that you can't distribute attributes. But really... It's not the reason to give the game 0 / 10. You have to take all things in consideration when reviewing the game. All the people complaining about the auction hause. The **** internet was a huge auction house for diablo 2. All the people who had the best items bought them online and that's a **** fact that you wont take in consideration. I played this game with three of my friends and we couldn't stop. It was that awesome to see all the epic skills and combinations you could make. World PvP just make hardcore people rage. Seriously, i can't even count how many times i got killed by some **** idiot when i was baal running in hardcore. I have lost so many high leveld character to all the ****s who buy the best items and just kill people. To the ones who miss the stuff i mentioned from diablo 2. You are riding on nostalgia. You are not even thinking about how ****ed up that was. Expand
  29. May 17, 2012
    This game is a breath of fresh air from Blizzard's other titles. It has been a long time since we all have had the chance to take a crack at a new Diablo. The time is finally here, and the game is phenomenal. Ignore all of the bad reviews that were posted around the time of the release date. Blizzard was having issues with keeping the battle.net servers up because there was an overwhelmingThis game is a breath of fresh air from Blizzard's other titles. It has been a long time since we all have had the chance to take a crack at a new Diablo. The time is finally here, and the game is phenomenal. Ignore all of the bad reviews that were posted around the time of the release date. Blizzard was having issues with keeping the battle.net servers up because there was an overwhelming number of people who were trying to log on and play. The issues are fixed now, with a couple of short rolling restarts here and there. Focusing back on the game, the gameplay and graphics are just perfect. The story flows great and the action and cinematics that come with it bring tons of hours of fun. Not to mention this game has great replay value, 5 classes to choose from and randomly generated dungeons! A must buy for anyone who has been a fan of Diablo or any other Blizzard titles. Also if you are new to Diablo and do enjoy Action RPG's then this is something you should definitely invest your money into. PvP is coming soon and 4-player co-op is fully functional. AMAZING GAME 10/10. Expand
  30. May 18, 2012
    Everybody giving the game a 0 because they couldn't log on or because they're pissed off that a game requires an oh so difficult to get internet connection in 2012 is an idiot. You all played Diablo 2 TWELVE YEARS AGO. Blizzard has moved on with the times get over it. If you like things the way they were done over a decade ago when the most tech savvy people had dial up then go playEverybody giving the game a 0 because they couldn't log on or because they're pissed off that a game requires an oh so difficult to get internet connection in 2012 is an idiot. You all played Diablo 2 TWELVE YEARS AGO. Blizzard has moved on with the times get over it. If you like things the way they were done over a decade ago when the most tech savvy people had dial up then go play ancient games. Grow up and learn to not fear change. Expand
  31. May 21, 2012
    Ignore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challengeIgnore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challenge come in Hell and Inferno modes. No problem there. The graphics are phenomenal, each class is fun to play and unlike Diablo 2, gold is actually a currency as opposed to gems, Stone of Jordan's and poison runes. My best advice is to ignore the idiots who are giving negative reviews -without even playing the game- and looking to rage about really frivolous things. If you're a Diablo fan, or a newcomer, I strongly recommend this game. Expand
  32. May 24, 2012
    Game is absolutely amazing and addictive as hell. I will try to cover most of the complaints:
    1. Internet connection I don't see how internet connection can be an issue in 2012
    2. Skill and attribute points system That's the main improvement of the game 3. Graphics Simply amazing 3. Launch issues Give it some time, it's already a non issue. Also, knowing Blizzard you can be sure
    2. Skill and attribute points system That's the main improvement of the game
    3. Graphics
    Simply amazing
    3. Launch issues
    Give it some time, it's already a non issue.

Also, knowing Blizzard you can be sure that the game will be getting patched and improved constantly.
  33. May 18, 2012
    This game has all the makings of an instant classic. I would recommend this game to people that like to have fun. If you don't like it, I will fight you.

Another thing I like about this game is that it has WAY more coins than Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
  34. May 18, 2012
    The very new reference and best hack'n slash since Diablo II, haters can just go and rest in peace in hell with their problems with this type of game or their impossibilities to connect... !
  35. May 18, 2012
    This game is awesome. Who ever has a negative review is because blizzard had issues with the game at launch, but that should be a negative review on blizzard NOT IT'S GAME. It's game is the **** And once they got rid of all the serever issues, the game worked flawlessly. I love blizz and I love it's games. I've been a consumer since 2000. Blizzard rocks and so does diablo 3. I've playedThis game is awesome. Who ever has a negative review is because blizzard had issues with the game at launch, but that should be a negative review on blizzard NOT IT'S GAME. It's game is the **** And once they got rid of all the serever issues, the game worked flawlessly. I love blizz and I love it's games. I've been a consumer since 2000. Blizzard rocks and so does diablo 3. I've played both diablo 2's, and diablo 3 takes it to a whole new LEVEL. Listen to the criticts. Expand
  36. May 16, 2012
    Great Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hoursGreat Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hours and only put it down due to server issues which will soon be resolved. I have been waiting a long time for this game and was not disapointed. I also found that the character customization is much simpler with the option to skill your character based on the mission at hand( changeable). Not sure why so many are ragging on this game i found it to be amazing in every aspect but the server issues which are to be expected with such a large online release. I also like that the achievements are account based rather than character based. With a random map generator it makes it possible to get them all without having to play the same character over and over. Expand
  37. May 16, 2012
    So far I am not disappointed one bit by this game. They were able to keep the feeling of the original game yet improve on the mechanics that made the first two in the series so popular. While others may feel betrayed by the more streamlined character creation it opens up players to more customization in the end with the ease to test out new builds where in previous games you'd have to putSo far I am not disappointed one bit by this game. They were able to keep the feeling of the original game yet improve on the mechanics that made the first two in the series so popular. While others may feel betrayed by the more streamlined character creation it opens up players to more customization in the end with the ease to test out new builds where in previous games you'd have to put 30 hours into the game just to see if a build works or not. The story (thus far) holds strong and leaves me wanting to continue. It draws the player in and creates a lust to find out what happens next with characters that are interesting and enjoyable. The game on the beginning difficulty is easy however seeing playthroughs on higher difficulties I am not deluted to think that the game will remain easy for long. All in all this is a must play for action rpg fans. Blizzard once again has created a well polished jewel. Expand
  38. May 16, 2012
    This game is wonderful. Sure there are a few launch issues but I got that good-old Diablo nostalgic hack and slash feeling that I wanted from this. Love it. I find all the "0" reviews here absolutely ridiculous. You knew what you were buying before you ever bought it. You knew you need an internet connection to play. You knew that there may be server issues (very common with new games).This game is wonderful. Sure there are a few launch issues but I got that good-old Diablo nostalgic hack and slash feeling that I wanted from this. Love it. I find all the "0" reviews here absolutely ridiculous. You knew what you were buying before you ever bought it. You knew you need an internet connection to play. You knew that there may be server issues (very common with new games). You knew that, and yet you STILL bought it, and played it.

Quite a few of the things being complained about can always be added later or remedied by Blizzard, because of the fact that they have set up most of the game to be server-side. They could easily add more PVP areas, new monsters & bosses, new weapons, all of that. You don't need to pay monthly to play the game at all, which is cool considering they could have very well decided to charge for it. If you don't like the game, or God forbid, if you could program something BETTER, by all means please do so. Until such time, shut up and GTFO.
  39. May 19, 2012
    Well, to all the people whining about lack of offline play, I really think it is retarded to give a game the lowest possible score for one or two issues. My internet connection is stellar, and I don't mind being online.

As for the lack of skill points, people need to quit looking at Diablo 2 with nostalgia glasses. The new way is so much better, and emphasizes the things that make Diablo Diablo.

The in-depth rune system is amazing, the graphics are excellent, and the gameplay is top-notch. This is the Diablo game I've been waiting for.

People are fickle. I have no respect for the retarded.

11 out of 10.
  40. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  41. May 19, 2012
    My original review has been withdrawn. Pending further exploration of the gameplay, characters, art design, story, etc. Multiplayer-side will hopefully be thoroughly tested too. Reason; I began to look past the initial annoyances and, although they still bug me somewhat, I have seen a side of the game that I had overlooked, blinded by mostly unfounded rage. So, based on what I haveMy original review has been withdrawn. Pending further exploration of the gameplay, characters, art design, story, etc. Multiplayer-side will hopefully be thoroughly tested too. Reason; I began to look past the initial annoyances and, although they still bug me somewhat, I have seen a side of the game that I had overlooked, blinded by mostly unfounded rage. So, based on what I have experienced in the game so far, I will give Diablo 3 an 8. Expand
  42. May 22, 2012
    The game starts off slow, however once you make your way into nightmare and hell.... the game becomes GREAT. The higher difficulties are challenging and without the gear, you will possibly have trouble soloing parts of the game without hoarding the elites away! The game is perfect for anyone who would come back to diablo 2 every once in a while, just to enjoy its gameplay. MAIN FEATUREThe game starts off slow, however once you make your way into nightmare and hell.... the game becomes GREAT. The higher difficulties are challenging and without the gear, you will possibly have trouble soloing parts of the game without hoarding the elites away! The game is perfect for anyone who would come back to diablo 2 every once in a while, just to enjoy its gameplay. MAIN FEATURE is that it is exactly like diablo 2, the game feels the same and also has alot of improvements! +10 Expand
  43. May 18, 2012
    Incredibly fun, addictive installment to the Diablo series that revamped where necessary and stayed true to roots where it was most important. The 3K bad reviews on here tell you one thing, the other million or so players are in the world of Sanctuary having fun and enjoying the skillfully crafted, well thought out sequel. When people like something there is usually no reason to explainIncredibly fun, addictive installment to the Diablo series that revamped where necessary and stayed true to roots where it was most important. The 3K bad reviews on here tell you one thing, the other million or so players are in the world of Sanctuary having fun and enjoying the skillfully crafted, well thought out sequel. When people like something there is usually no reason to explain why you like it. However, on the other hand you have a very small subset of people who feel the need to make their woes known and it is typically on the extremist side of the spectrum. Also If the review mentions anything about launch day it should be thrown out immediately as it is not a review of the game and should not reflect so here. The game is incredibly fine tuned, polished, and you can tell that the entire world including the game play, the visual detail, and the score were crafted with love. I don't see DRM as an issue either. DRM will help to prevent the nonsense that accompanies any offline single player game...hacks/exploits/duping all things that ruin a game. The ONLY con I would have is that I wanted to Act 1 Boss to be free roaming rather than a scripted in game video, but that may be too much want for nostalgia. Overall I couldn't be happier with Diablo 3, great job Blizzard team, and to you 3K who don't like the game, don't play...your numbers account for nothing in comparison to those that do like it. Expand
  44. May 17, 2012
    It's the third day I'm playing along with mates from work at night and then discuss at day time. The game is LOTS of fun. The overall quality of the game is just incredible. Developers put so much attention into all small details, locations are beautiful. Story ? Who cares, as long as the gameplay is balanced (and trust me it is). I don't understand all the whining about constantIt's the third day I'm playing along with mates from work at night and then discuss at day time. The game is LOTS of fun. The overall quality of the game is just incredible. Developers put so much attention into all small details, locations are beautiful. Story ? Who cares, as long as the gameplay is balanced (and trust me it is). I don't understand all the whining about constant connection requirement. Guys, you've known about it for at least 6 months ! It's like to buy a XXXX beer and then drink it saying 'I hate the taste', why to buy it in the first place ? Servers issues - yes, but honestly I only had issues on the launch day, it's been buttery smooth since then. And again, is it a score for the game or for the launch ? Grow up and score THE GAME, not how you feel about its lunch. And I'm just gonna repeat myself: don't cry about the internet connection requirement, you knew about this from the beginning. Expand
  45. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3. A classic case of anticipation meets nerd rage. You paint this beautiful picture in your head of what this game should be, and when it isn't the crimson canvas of your own twisted mind, the game is a failure to you. Congratulations, you are now that nerd who sees a movie and claims, "The book was so much better". Q: Is the game perfect? A: No
    Q: Did the launch have issues? A:
    Q: Did the launch have issues? A: Can't respond at this time (Error 37)
    Q: Am I enjoying it? A: Hell yes

The critics who are complaining about the inability to play the game, need to take a second to think about their constant cries for attention. Diablo 3 was this supposed masterpiece that millions couldn't wait to enjoy. We all sat down at our computers, ordered an appetizer of caffeinated drinks with a side dish of an all nighter, and waited for the main course to arrive. However, we were left wondering if the kitchen ever got our order. But who's to blame?

Certainly it isn't the cook's fault that they couldn't get us our order. It was the middleman who needs to take the blame. The waiter screwed up. Plain and simple. We can make sure to fill out our restaurant card with a 1 star for service. Then, we're left with the food section of the card (which we never got to taste). How can we rate that if we didn't taste it? You can't. So stop trolling.

When one actually plays the game, they will find much of what they're looking for in a Diablo 2 sequel. Hack and slash gameplay- Check
    Tons of Loot- Check
    Addicting gameplay- Check

They will also find things they weren't expecting (Killer cut scenes, dynamic gameplay, etc.)

The fact remains that you're left with an outstanding game, with hours and hours of slot machine looting, demon killing, and rare but needed bathroom breaks. So grab a couple of beers this weekend, and do what any great game will allow you to do. Have fun.
  46. May 16, 2012
    Before I state anything I would like to say that the DRM is pretty bad, so beware that there may be some issues initially. Also, you need constant online connection to play this. The game is a very stream lined version of Diablo 2, and while that may sound bad in reality it is not. For the most part I hacking and slashing my way to loot heaven, and I am not worried about some silly skillBefore I state anything I would like to say that the DRM is pretty bad, so beware that there may be some issues initially. Also, you need constant online connection to play this. The game is a very stream lined version of Diablo 2, and while that may sound bad in reality it is not. For the most part I hacking and slashing my way to loot heaven, and I am not worried about some silly skill tree that is to complicated. Also, being so accessible you are more likely to find some one to play co-op with you.

The visuals are great and I am not sure what so many are complaining about. Hell I wish world of warcraft looked likes this instead of 3D. I really like it, and it sets the mood so very well. I think this art style has staying power, and this game years from now will be attractive to look at. It is very water color styled. This game has nearly a never ending amount of replay value to it. I highly recommend this game, but wait a week or two after the launch.
  47. May 24, 2012
    Serwers problem -
    few glitches -
    All the rest is well
    A worthy successor that take many many hours from my life till now, and many hours remaining to take from me.
    I'm never been fanboy of Diablo games but D3 suck me in.
  48. May 16, 2012
    Really am shocked most of these negative reviews are not talking about the actual game. Lets all just give it 0's or 1's based on that first day problem. Firstly I have played Diablo since the beginning. I remember picking up the original many years ago and being surprised and excited at just how good it was. Diablo 2 was no exception. My favorite game ever made, it surpassed everythingReally am shocked most of these negative reviews are not talking about the actual game. Lets all just give it 0's or 1's based on that first day problem. Firstly I have played Diablo since the beginning. I remember picking up the original many years ago and being surprised and excited at just how good it was. Diablo 2 was no exception. My favorite game ever made, it surpassed everything that I thought when it was released. Still have my collector's edition of that. Everything about Diablo 2 improved upon the first game and made it a hell of a lot of fun. Especially the environments and story. With Diablo 3 the bar was pretty high I must say. At first glance I was unsure about the whole thing. The graphics, the story, the new talent system. I really was hoping it would go in the same way as Diablo 2, keeping those dark environments, traditional heaven and hell graphic style, and improve upon the story and talents. Well finally Diablo 3 is released and to my surprise its actually very very good. At first I admit I was a troll, always putting it down for the typical view on the graphics. But actually playing it for quite a while I noticed that it exactly does what it was meant to do and that is improve upon each game and make it unique in its own right. The environments are fantastic. Act 2 being my favorite. The combat I especially love. Its fast paced and the powers each class gets are really enjoyable to use. So has all this time that has passed been good to us fans then in the form of this game? I would say absolutely. However what makes me give it an 8 is a few minor things and one major thing. First the minor things.. the graphics can be a bit uneven because of physics involved..I noticed it did slow down my computer sometimes. This can be adjusted of course in the graphics menu. Next the chat window font size really hurts the eyes and could use a font size option. Next gripe is not having a main capital area for players to hang out in. This would give players a chance to communicate and check out gear etc. Another minor gripe is a few graphical glitches and bugs that sometimes spring up, I had my toon jump back a few times (hopefully not from lag) and a few visual problems. Finally Diablo looks skinny as a rail...what happened to the lord of terror?.

The major gripe is the online connectivity and these errors we got on launch day. No game where you pay 60-100 dollars should lock you out. Blizzard has been irresponsible for changing an original single-player game into a game where you HAVE to be connected constantly. When I first started playing I want to play solo so not giving players the option is a really bad move. This also brings up those problems we all had trying to connect. Error after Error. Blizzard who are one of the richest developers has no excuse for allowing this to happen. While other countries have no problems we are left sitting at home being forced to enter our password a million times. Its just appalling to say the least. Give us a offline mode please!. All in all Diablo 3 has met my expectations greatly and I am so far loving every minute of it. Customization of character looks would have been nice but once you start wearing armor its no big deal. The combat is fast and furious. Dialogue really interesting (female monk is in my opinion the best character in the game and her voice actress does a terrific job) and story continuing Cain's fairytale. I also have to say the collector's edition is one of Blizzards best. They did a fantastic job on it. I would definitely recommend the game. Its one of the best titles so far to come out this year. Were all annoyed by the launch day problems and this stuff really shouldn't happen but if we can get by that you will realize a game that is a joy to play and continues the Diablo tradition.
  49. May 18, 2012
    All connection and startup issues aside, this is a great game. I like the skill customization. People complain there is no character customization but there is a massive number of skill/rune combinations to fit each person's playing style. Just because there is no "exact number of points to put in this category" or "exact number of attributes to spend here" way to guarantee a win, don'tAll connection and startup issues aside, this is a great game. I like the skill customization. People complain there is no character customization but there is a massive number of skill/rune combinations to fit each person's playing style. Just because there is no "exact number of points to put in this category" or "exact number of attributes to spend here" way to guarantee a win, don't complain. Yes, it does mean it may be more accessible to the casual gamer crowd, but that just means you'll have to work even harder and play a little more to get the drops needed to be one of the top players. And yes, you have to be online to play the game, even single player, but it's no different then playing D2 online. When I finished D2 single player I inevitably wanted to take my character online but couldn't unless I started him as an online character. With Diablo, online play has always been where the game is at its best. Now, it is the only choice. Big deal. Expand
  50. May 18, 2012
    I like this game, and I think it's worth way more then a 3.9. So I give it a 10. The game is fun, and that's the most important. In haven't experienced any trouble with connection and the runs fine
  51. May 18, 2012
    First of all I would like to say im giving this game a 10 to counter-act the people who are overreacting. There is no way you can say this is a zero. The real question about a game is how fun is it. Well this game is fun. If you like hack and slash it has all the elements you want. The loot is still random and fun. The customization of characters has changed but it does open up aroundFirst of all I would like to say im giving this game a 10 to counter-act the people who are overreacting. There is no way you can say this is a zero. The real question about a game is how fun is it. Well this game is fun. If you like hack and slash it has all the elements you want. The loot is still random and fun. The customization of characters has changed but it does open up around level 15 where you have many different ways to play. Overall if you like ARPG you will like this and it is worth the price. Also get torchlight 2 its gonna be great also. Expand
  52. May 23, 2012
    These user reviews are shameful and clearly false. 1/10 and 0/10, really guys...

All you are doing is ruining the credibility of this site and I hope these reviews are wiped. Onto the review, if you like Diablo 1&2, you will love 3. Nuff said.
  53. May 25, 2012
    Great game, hack and slash at its finest. Lots of skill combinations. Few server issues day 1 but its understandable with 4 million people trying to log in at the same time. Ever since day 1 however connecting has not been an issue. Difficulty ramps up over time properly, and gives good challenge. My account has not been hacked, with an authenticator, proper password management, and properGreat game, hack and slash at its finest. Lots of skill combinations. Few server issues day 1 but its understandable with 4 million people trying to log in at the same time. Ever since day 1 however connecting has not been an issue. Difficulty ramps up over time properly, and gives good challenge. My account has not been hacked, with an authenticator, proper password management, and proper computer usage you shouldn't have a problem. This review is pretty much to balance the trolls. I hope everyone everyone is enjoying their miserable existence. I myself am going to go back to enjoying the game! Expand
  54. May 16, 2012
    People need to grow up. To a true gamer launch issues shouldn't be a surprise any more every single game has had them. It's a great sequel that doesn't deserve all the negativity from impatient players.

I guess I'm lucky I haven't had a problem getting in and playing yet other then when Blizzard said they were taking the servers down for emergency maintenance. Other than that I've had

Other than that I've had fun and I really like the game. The game looks great, its dark just like Diablo should be and the story is a good one that keeps me interested. I've played with friends as well as random people online and have had a fun time.
  55. May 16, 2012
    This title, despite having a botched launch day (with numerous outages), is not a bad game. It is by far nowhere near the hype (as usually that is the case), but still fun to play. The graphics are pretty to look at, the enemies are everywhere, and is massively multi-player. The storyline is predictable, cheesy, and much like an action cartoon script. That is OK, considering the game thatThis title, despite having a botched launch day (with numerous outages), is not a bad game. It is by far nowhere near the hype (as usually that is the case), but still fun to play. The graphics are pretty to look at, the enemies are everywhere, and is massively multi-player. The storyline is predictable, cheesy, and much like an action cartoon script. That is OK, considering the game that it is, and I do not expect an epic tale. I knew the downsides from the outset, such as a no offline mode (which is understandable with the real-world currency feature), no character customization, and the go here, hack-this-slash-that, grab-this routine. Overall, I am satisfied with this game, but it is by far, not the best I have ever played. Expand
  56. May 18, 2012
    Come on ladies! stop complaining about the connection, criticise the game for God's sake!!! in less than a month, there won't be any more issues... so, stop being so annoying!
    The game is perfect. Just simple as that. They improved the gameplay, it's faster, intuitive and action-paced
    I understand that some geeks around will miss the skill points and so.... but still it's the best hack n slash ever... except for Diablo II, But I suspect that with the first Expansion, DIII will rise like the Fenix... as happened with LOD and DII...
  57. May 18, 2012
    Diablo III is a game that succeeds at making you feel like an absolute badass while still be fairly challenging. And, from what I can see, it will have tons of replay value with even more difficulty levels and loot collecting. Loving it!
  58. May 22, 2012
    If you look at the negative reviews, you'll probably notice the two biggest complaints are: 1) Need to be online to play the game, and, 2) Server issues around the release date. The online component complaint is silly. Diablo 3 isn't the same type of game as Diablo 2, even though it's easy to get confused, since they're from the same franchise. D3 is actually a cleverly-disguised,If you look at the negative reviews, you'll probably notice the two biggest complaints are: 1) Need to be online to play the game, and, 2) Server issues around the release date. The online component complaint is silly. Diablo 3 isn't the same type of game as Diablo 2, even though it's easy to get confused, since they're from the same franchise. D3 is actually a cleverly-disguised, free-to-play MMO that allows you to play most of the content solo. So if MMOs generally aren't your thing, you probably aren't going to like D3, but if you understand that an want to try a new one, you'll probably be pretty happy with the result. The server complaints are even more silly, because here it is, a week later, and things are stable as can be. I'd recommend you ignore any review written within the 5/15/12 - 5/20/12 date range, as the launch of any substantially-awaited online game tends to be fraught with grumpy customers who lack patience and get frustrated at the lack of instant gratification, rather than look at the long-term possibilities. As time goes by, lots more people will come around to this game and realize how knee-jerk and ridiculous the launch-week hysterics were. This is a quality game and has a lot of life right out of the box. No one who isn't a giant crybaby will be regretting buying this game 6 months to a year from now, once the realization dawns on them how fun this game can actually be. Expand
  59. May 23, 2012
    Brilliant! New skill system is awesome. I changed about 30 build already, but still cant decide my favorite. Best game of this year so far. Gonna start my hardcore barbarian soon, wish me luck =)
  60. May 23, 2012
    I have sunk 50+ hours into this game and it is a great game. all of these people whining about launch day have no idea what they are talking about. yes it was annoying not being able to instantly log in, but now that the servers are stable and everything is working i am having a great time. the new skill select system allows for a lot of variety (i have multiple go to builds for differentI have sunk 50+ hours into this game and it is a great game. all of these people whining about launch day have no idea what they are talking about. yes it was annoying not being able to instantly log in, but now that the servers are stable and everything is working i am having a great time. the new skill select system allows for a lot of variety (i have multiple go to builds for different scenarios) and the story line while not the best will keep you entertained while you do what this game was made for, hack and slash some ****. and while i do agree that the real currency auction house is idiotic and no lan kind of sucks, none of blizzards most recent games have not needed online connection so you should have seen that coming. i give this a 9/10 because it is really fun and worth the money but it has a few bugs that need to be worked out. Expand
  61. May 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 delivers. It seems the popular thing to claim having played Diablo 2, but 12 years ago is quite a long time. If we jump in a time machine and punch in 12 years and revisit our much younger selves and load up Diablo2 and let us play for an hour then load up Diablo3 and let us play for an hour. After that ask our older selves what we want to play. I think my answer would be Diablo3.
  62. May 24, 2012
    Excelent game, very adictive, and lot of fun, very nice graphics, i dont mind having to be always connected to the internet, it's not that problematic, and the game is an excelent one.
  63. May 16, 2012
    Awesome game. Engaging narrative and very high production value. While the skill system and character customization is very different from the previous games, it is a refreshing new look on the action RPG genre. The normal mode is very fun and as soon as you start doing the harder difficulties it becomes very challenging and rewards teamwork and skill.

The only issues with the game so

The only issues with the game so far are the battle.net stability issues during launch and some minor annoyances with the skill UI.
  64. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a solid game, No doubt about it, I really enjoyed playing Diablo 3 post release, even though there are some controversy within Blizzard's post release of Diablo 3, but when you start playing it error free, you will find yourself playing a game that will make you dunk dozens of hours into. The feel that it will give it to you while raiding every single dungeon is priceless, theDiablo 3 is a solid game, No doubt about it, I really enjoyed playing Diablo 3 post release, even though there are some controversy within Blizzard's post release of Diablo 3, but when you start playing it error free, you will find yourself playing a game that will make you dunk dozens of hours into. The feel that it will give it to you while raiding every single dungeon is priceless, the new revamped system is somewhat weird to me at first. But since it has Diablo on the title, I willingly forgiven it and pressed on to play it more. I love the game, and playing as a monk started my journey to save the world once more. Blizzard has nailed it again. Congratulations! Expand
  65. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 it's self is a fantastic game. It brings back many of the old, most love, elements of the previous game while trying to not just copy and paste the previous game. The game does not deserve the low ratings based on Blizzards failing to properly prepare the American servers at launch, the company deserves them. Yes the DRM is an "always online" model, but most players will beDiablo 3 it's self is a fantastic game. It brings back many of the old, most love, elements of the previous game while trying to not just copy and paste the previous game. The game does not deserve the low ratings based on Blizzards failing to properly prepare the American servers at launch, the company deserves them. Yes the DRM is an "always online" model, but most players will be playing online similar to Diablo 2 and the realms. It is a huge mistake not to include an offline mode and that, in my humble opinion, is the sole bad mark against this game and the reason for a 9/10 and not a 10/10.

I could very easily complain about other aspects of the game not living up to my hopes for it, but we all have to realize it never was going to. So taking the game as it is, for better or worse, it is highly enjoyable with an amazing story line, crisp clean hack and slash game play at a break neck pace. You can't please everyone and sadly 90% of the bad reviews are 100% unjustified. The game is not the issue, Blizzard and the idiots who didn't properly prepare are the ones who deserve the bad rating. DRM or not, have a little patience and you will get more then your money's wroth out of the game.
  66. May 17, 2012
    Most of these people giving bad reviews do not know how to read a box or website. If you are saying you wasted your money because you need to be constantly connected to the internet, well that is your loss for not reading/researching. Not only does it mention this on the outside of the box/on the website, do you know those 3 boxes you scrolled through as fast as possible when you startedMost of these people giving bad reviews do not know how to read a box or website. If you are saying you wasted your money because you need to be constantly connected to the internet, well that is your loss for not reading/researching. Not only does it mention this on the outside of the box/on the website, do you know those 3 boxes you scrolled through as fast as possible when you started up the game? Maybe you should actually READ them. Anyways...This game is so much fun! It seems very well made/polished and the graphics are just fine. I have finished it on normal as a demon hunter and am now doing normal over again as a monk. I enjoy the chat room option while I am playing. Makes it less lonely when my friends are not online. The multiplayer option is pretty fun as well. I have met some great people while partying on nightmare difficulty. I look forward to the auction house opening (May 22*). I don't expect to make hundreds of dollars but it would be kind of cool to pay for my game subscriptions through it. Expand
  67. May 17, 2012
    It seems that the most negative comments can be summarized as the following:

1. Diablo 3 has removed Stats Point placements 2. Diablo 3 has changed Skills Point placements 3. Diablo 3 has connection issues alone side with forced On-Line single player. 4. Diablo 3 has no LAN. Let us address these issues one by one: Stats Points Stats points in Diablo 2 was not that varied. If you played
    It seems that the most negative comments can be summarized as the following:

1. Diablo 3 has removed Stats Point placements
    2. Diablo 3 has changed Skills Point placements
    3. Diablo 3 has connection issues alone side with forced On-Line single player.
    4. Diablo 3 has no LAN.

Let us address these issues one by one:

Stats Points

Stats points in Diablo 2 was not that varied. If you played Diablo 2 and had made characters that were capable of killing bosses in Hell difficulty or uber bosses, then you know already, stats don't vary in builds all that much. Namely, all you do is, minimal strength to wear gears, minimal dex to get 95% block rate (with skills active) and finally all remaining points into vitality. Therefore, it seems pointless to create such system where the players are all simply following the "best" way to play the game. Of course the down side is that players may no longer "fool around" with "funny" stats.

Skills Points

Diablo 3 has introduced a different system for skills. Note this is different from saying the skills system has been removed. It is true that you get skills based on levels without variation but it is the combinations that makes it interesting and VARYING. This is a nice solution to re-specialization which is a feature added in 1.13c of Diablo 2 LoD and this feature is what many want. In Diablo 3, the stat points also makes more sense and lets each character utilize it much better. Each character would have a primary stats and other stats simply adds Resistance, Armor, or Dodge. This means there won't be any useless stats such as the "Mana" stats in Diablo 2.

Connection Problem

True this is indeed a problem and it is sad that single player part of the game cannot be played single player like. No more experimenting with character items and builds. Players will simply have to do these online. As for the actual server shortage and performance, over time Bilzzard will have to address this. Therefore this should not be something that turns this great game into 0/10. Sadly for those who does not have cable connection, there is simply nothing you can do since the majority of people are using cable services.

LAN

Honest, do you really invite people over and make a private game? I hardest ever do that since your friends are simply always online anyways. This is almost like instead of talking on MSN, Tweet, Facebook, let's invite them over and talk. It's not a bad thing to do but just not frequent enough to worth taking off points. Honest, if you don't game that much, you would probably have a social life and therefore, this wouldn't be a problem to begin with. Conclusion

So with all that said, people need to rationally look at the game WITHOUT the anger is well reasoned. Review game is not the same as complaint about what you don't like.
  68. May 17, 2012
    I got this game the other day and was pleasantly surprised even with all the negative reviews I find this version quite enjoyable,sure its not perfect but it dosen't deserve a 0 either....come on!! I can understand a lotta ppl being dissapointed with the online aspect and server problems but thats to be expected with a new game. itI got this game the other day and was pleasantly surprised even with all the negative reviews I find this version quite enjoyable,sure its not perfect but it dosen't deserve a 0 either....come on!! I can understand a lotta ppl being dissapointed with the online aspect and server problems but thats to be expected with a new game. it takes time to work out all the kinks. Lets face it, a new game brings new changes some good and some no so good and thats where I think the dissapointment lies, ppl comparing it to the previous Diablo games and it not measuring up but change can be good...if given a chance! I personally find most of the new changes refreshing, Besides the co-op rocks.... nothing like killing hordes of monsters with my gf by my side :) Expand
  69. May 18, 2012
    Based on all the negative reviews I'm lucky that upon purchasing this game I had never played Diablo 1 or 2. Most of those negative reviews seem to be based on comparison or expectation. I will give my opinion with neither of those issues as I have no comparison for this game coming into it, nor have I followed it enough to have any expectation. The only reason I picked it up is cause myBased on all the negative reviews I'm lucky that upon purchasing this game I had never played Diablo 1 or 2. Most of those negative reviews seem to be based on comparison or expectation. I will give my opinion with neither of those issues as I have no comparison for this game coming into it, nor have I followed it enough to have any expectation. The only reason I picked it up is cause my friends wanted me to join in their festivities. So I did. Twice lucky, I missed launch day, so I never had any issues with errors or connections at all. I have only played this game mulitplayer thus far and have put about 7 hours into it. So far I am enjoying it. Its a great Hack & Slash RPG. Simple story, simple control, simple graphics, great art style and great music. This is the type of game you pick up and play when you want that mindless fun. Brought me back to the days of playing the original Gauntlet. (Obviously enhanced) but a great feeling of classic gaming for sure. It seems at the time of writing this (User score 3.8 on 3000+ reviews) that the average user score reflects the launch day madness and not the game itself. For those that say this is not as good as 1 or 2, thanks, just means I better go back and check those out now too. Expand
  70. May 18, 2012
    I don't know why people are hating all over this game. I played it with a friend through all 4 Acts and we loved it. The story line is intriguing, fun to play, and shocking. The game plays great, had good graphics and animations, and has a user-friendly interface. It also sounds great, from severing limbs to chatting with Uncle Deckard. I think people are just upset with the fact that theI don't know why people are hating all over this game. I played it with a friend through all 4 Acts and we loved it. The story line is intriguing, fun to play, and shocking. The game plays great, had good graphics and animations, and has a user-friendly interface. It also sounds great, from severing limbs to chatting with Uncle Deckard. I think people are just upset with the fact that the server weren't functioning correctly on launch day, and many people had "Diablo Fever" and called in sick to play all day. You can't really give the game a **** review cause it had one flaw. Get over it guys, it's a great game and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good RPG experience. Expand
  71. May 21, 2012
    I was disappointed with this game until I played it. I felt like they forgot what Diablo was supposed to be and WoW-ified it. After getting a couple chars. to lvl 25 I can say that it does feel like Diablo and it IS fun. The open beta wasn't a good indicator of the rest of the game. The beta was 'meh' but the game is fun. It isn't perfect but I'm confident that it will improve withI was disappointed with this game until I played it. I felt like they forgot what Diablo was supposed to be and WoW-ified it. After getting a couple chars. to lvl 25 I can say that it does feel like Diablo and it IS fun. The open beta wasn't a good indicator of the rest of the game. The beta was 'meh' but the game is fun. It isn't perfect but I'm confident that it will improve with patches. The story sucks and the voice acting and dialogue is terrible but once you play through once you are just going to skip it all anyways.
    The AH is a piece of crap right now but that will improve. Like with WoW i don't like that items sell for nothing to vendors to force you to put it on the AH. I find that a pain and I have 2 mule characters full of rares that I am procrastinating on auctioning.
    Graphics and Art: I understand why they went with low graphics: my bro has a new gaming rig and playing 4 player is complete chaos on the screen with the amount of stuff happening. There is just no way they can make the graphics higher end with the amount happening on the screen.
    The art style I originally thought was WoW-ified and not dark enough for diablo but it is actually dark and gory when you get into it. You don't notice any 'colourfulness' as being out of place when you're playing it.
    The online only aspect sucks but it's just the reality of the game and if you don't like it play something else pretty much. I think they did it to avoid hacking: not about anti-piracy.
    In the end I think the game got a huge backlash from a predictably shaky launch and from all of the changes that the fan base didn't like pre-release, but ultimately the game is worth the $60 bucks and is fun. Whether people will be playing it for years to come depends on how balanced the game mechanics end up being in the endgame and pvp, but it's not like we have to pay a monthly sub.
  72. May 21, 2012
    Plenty of hack-n-slash antics and piles of shiny loot, just another day in Sanctuary. I don't really understand the always-online uproar, generaly speaking most computers are on a constant connection these days anyways. I think there is a knee-jerk reaction to all DRM these days, it reminds me of the people who whinned about Steam when it made the scene. And I don't mind the lack ofPlenty of hack-n-slash antics and piles of shiny loot, just another day in Sanctuary. I don't really understand the always-online uproar, generaly speaking most computers are on a constant connection these days anyways. I think there is a knee-jerk reaction to all DRM these days, it reminds me of the people who whinned about Steam when it made the scene. And I don't mind the lack of modding, as many people tend to use it just for farming items (or just straight up cherry picking them into thier inventory). Finally, to people complainning about graphics I don't think we're playing the same game. Expand
  73. May 25, 2012
    There have been a lot of bad things said about Diablo 3. All those people are wrong. I started playing a week after release and I didn't get one server related issue. Every other issue seems to be based on the fact that some things have changed since Diablo 2. As it is, the game is great - but not perfect. I had a great time playing it and if you go in with an open mind, then I'm sureThere have been a lot of bad things said about Diablo 3. All those people are wrong. I started playing a week after release and I didn't get one server related issue. Every other issue seems to be based on the fact that some things have changed since Diablo 2. As it is, the game is great - but not perfect. I had a great time playing it and if you go in with an open mind, then I'm sure you'll have a great time too. Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    Apart from the botched release - which is something that has happened with damn near every World of Warcraft expansion as well - the game is very very good. It's refined the gameplay from Diablo II, and I would argue for the better. Online only is not a big deal, like it's not a big deal in Starcraft 2.
  75. May 15, 2012
    So far, so good for me. Every bad review on here is complaining about either the first nights poor launch (fixed), or no offline mode (it's 2012.. do you really not have a constant connection?)

The gameplay is great, the environment is great.
    Don't believe the hate : if you enjoy Blizzard games, buy it.
  76. May 16, 2012
    Looks like the ragemeters are rising...Trolls abound and impatient people who cant wait a few days to iron out the kinks migrating from a SMALL BETA TO A LARGE, RECORD-BREAKING SALES OF GAMERS CONNECTING TO THE SERVERS!
  77. May 16, 2012
    The visuals of this game are acceptable. however, the art and general style of the product seems to have been copy&pasted from WoW. It doesn't fit the previously established look of the Diablo franchise, it's cartoonish. Is blizzard trying to appeal to younger players? The game mechanics have been simplyfied (not that they were very complex to begin with). One can tell that Activision hadThe visuals of this game are acceptable. however, the art and general style of the product seems to have been copy&pasted from WoW. It doesn't fit the previously established look of the Diablo franchise, it's cartoonish. Is blizzard trying to appeal to younger players? The game mechanics have been simplyfied (not that they were very complex to begin with). One can tell that Activision had their hands in this. The forced online aspect is an outrage and takes control away from the consumer, a trend in gaming that needs to be stopped. The fact that it is possible to buy items for real money is an insult to players world wide. Blizzard should crash and burn for this one. Do not spend money on this game. Expand
  78. May 16, 2012
    Let me get the controversial things out of the way first. Hundreds of people on here gave this game a 0/10 for a number of reasons: You have to be online to play, DRM, and the Real Money Auction House.

The people complaining about the always online/DRM thing have a point, but I personally don't mind that much. Diablo is a game best played online anyway and as far as DRM goes, there has been worse. At least you aren't limited to how many computers you can install the game on and you don't have to jump through hoops to download it. You just can only play on one computer at a time. Unlike most DRM, this doesn't punish people who purchased the game legally. Yes, it meant that servers were overburdened during the midnight release, but since then, it hasn't really been a problem.

As for the Real Money Auction House, yes it allows for people to "buy power". However, this was going to happen anyway, as Diablo II showed us. There were still going to be people who would put up Diablo III items on eBay or on other auction websites. Up until now, Blizzard has wasted a ton of effort trying to put a stop to this practice, but they've just accepted that they can't. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Additionally, if this new system works, Blizzard can keep Diablo III running without implementing subscriptions.

Now, I can imagine people disliking these things, but as I said in my Portal 2 review, these aren't good enough reasons to rate a game a 0/10.

0/10 should be reserved for the worst game you could imagine. Can you imagine a worse game than Diablo III? Yes? Then it doesn't deserve a 0/10. You might argue that you gave it a 0/10 for being "unplayable", but what you really mean is that it was unplayable for the first hour or so it was live. Get over it.

As for my feelings on the game, I think that it's a worthy successor to the series. It's not perfect. I do wish that you could play the game offline and just went online to verify your Battle.net account once. Playing single player online seems like a waste. I also feel like the skill system is way too streamlined.

I think the presentation is vastly improved this time around. All of the characters talk and it feels more natural than ever before. I think Blizzard took a few cues from Bioware games and Bioshock. The flow of the game is a lot smoother.

The dungeon crawling can be a bit repetitive and so far it isn't very challenging. Perhaps it's because I'm still on Normal difficulty or because I've played Diablo games for most of my life, but health orbs drop way too often and I haven't died once yet. I'm hoping the difficulty curve ramps up significantly.

The environment effects are cool and occasionally useful. The story is compelling and intelligent. The combat is a lot of fun. The bad guys have a lot of variety. The artisan/crafting system is very robust, even if it doesn't have the cool element of discovery that Diablo II had (I still think the Horadric Cube partially inspired the crafting table in Minecraft).

It isn't a perfect game, but it is a very good game and it always bothers me when whining children on Metacritic spam overly-negative reviews just because of one or two aspects of a game that they collectively dislike and they want to "send a message" by bombing the Metacritic score.

Sorry to say it, but if you care enough about a game to buy it at midnight on a weekday and then rage about it on Metacritic, you probably like it more than you'd care to admit. You may be frustrated with the game, and that's fine and should be accounted for in your reviews, but frustration implies that you want to love the game, but these issues get in the way of that (kind of like with ME3). And is a bit of frustration with an otherwise great game enough to give it a 0/10? I personally don't think so.
  79. May 16, 2012
    The biggest challenge Diablo 3 has is pleasing its demanding, expecting (and biased) fan base. These user reviews are clearly disproportionately evaluating aspects of the game that they have a problem with. Diablo 3 should be evaluated on its own successes and failures, and not just how it evolves the genre. It borrows some character development mechanics from World of Warcraft inThe biggest challenge Diablo 3 has is pleasing its demanding, expecting (and biased) fan base. These user reviews are clearly disproportionately evaluating aspects of the game that they have a problem with. Diablo 3 should be evaluated on its own successes and failures, and not just how it evolves the genre. It borrows some character development mechanics from World of Warcraft in terms of character development and skill builds, which help to streamline the â Expand
  80. May 16, 2012
    ...love it, better than D2 or D1 so far...love the graphics, just wish the servers would smooth out a little...I always hated the skill tree system due to the constraint of 1-2 real skills endgame...with this there are just so many ways to attack and combo...i am still in act 1 but the combination of rayoffrost/explosive bolts/wave of force is devastating...can't wait to see the later...love it, better than D2 or D1 so far...love the graphics, just wish the servers would smooth out a little...I always hated the skill tree system due to the constraint of 1-2 real skills endgame...with this there are just so many ways to attack and combo...i am still in act 1 but the combination of rayoffrost/explosive bolts/wave of force is devastating...can't wait to see the later skills/runes... Expand
  81. May 16, 2012
    Really good hack & slash game it not may be good as Diablo 2 but still it's one of best RPG in this year.
    Only thing i don't like is lvl based skill system that are same to all and only characters items are what make it different.
    By far i played first act one and i really like the story. Graphics are really good even it's not same "realistic **** graphics" like in Battlefield 3 that need
    By far i played first act one and i really like the story.
    Graphics are really good even it's not same "realistic **** graphics" like in Battlefield 3 that need way too lot power from PC but at least Diablo 3 runs very smoothly at all graphic setting maxed.
    Online base single-player is good thing and bad thing, good thing is with this way they can prevent hackers and botters to ruin this game that happened to Diablo 2 (And that why i never playd Diablo 2 online because of hackers and botters), but bad thing is you can't play it without internet connection and also it make some connection problems too.
    Mostly i really like the co-op system it's so easly to jump friends game, others games or make your game as public that any one can join.

Overall game is solid and really fun to play hack & slash game.
  82. May 17, 2012
    Firstly - I love the game, it's modern, has an epic story line, looks awesome and is just brilliant. I don't like that you have to be connected all the time but I understand the reasoning.
    Secondly - to all the people complaining that it is not Diablo 2 (or 1) get over yourselves, times change. Otherwise go back to playing FPS with only a keyboard, trade in your iPhone for a Nokia 3310 and delete your twitter/facebook accounts.
  83. May 17, 2012
    People should learn from me:
    Don't get hyped up by the company trying to sell their games, and don't forget to actually read a preview or 2. All these people here complaining about less customization etc: Diablo II is still playable, goodbye.
    People should learn from me:

I didn't let myself get hyped up after having played Diablo II a lot, because I knew it was going to be a different game, more catered towards the casual player in terms of UIcustomization whilst still catering towards the hardcore players in terms of higher difficulties. What I've found is this: I've never had this much fun hacking 'n slashing! The vibe is good, although different from its prequels. The graphics are nice and especially fluid and I can't put enough emphasis on how important it is to actually have fun slashing things in a ARPGHAck 'n Slash. Physics improve the feeling you're actually hitting stuff and the combat animations are great. Even though the game is very linear (Diablo 2 was too guys, you're overhyping an old game to divine levels) at least there's still a lot of randomization and hard difficulties to play through. If the ''hardcore fans'' didn't hype this game up so much, or this game was called ''Kill da Monstas'' they would've LOVED it. Everyone saying ''I can't use weapons only spells wtfbbq?'' didn't even take the time to properly check out the UI, because you can make a battle mage if you so desire. The complaints about DRM: I feel ya, kind of. Diablo (all of them) are much more fun when played co-op. Fact that you don't have any social abilities doesn't give you the right to call this a single-player game. It says it requires internet on the box! All these facts where already known, yet the whiners STILL buy it? That's just hating right there. Go play torchlight 2, you won't be missed.

Conclusion: If you like lots of actions, co-op gameplay, are a loot whore and love to bash brains in in many different ways (with a nice story to boot) get this game! If you want Diablo II with a 3D makeover, stay clear of this game.
  84. May 17, 2012
    I really enjoy playing Diablo 3 and i am rather casual player. I already played around 7 hours with my friends and it was a lot of fun. I was heaving doubts about skill system but it prove to work really good - its fun to change skills and tries diffrent approach to kill mobs / bosses. Graphics is music are OK. Story is simple but i didn't expected anything more than that - it'sI really enjoy playing Diablo 3 and i am rather casual player. I already played around 7 hours with my friends and it was a lot of fun. I was heaving doubts about skill system but it prove to work really good - its fun to change skills and tries diffrent approach to kill mobs / bosses. Graphics is music are OK. Story is simple but i didn't expected anything more than that - it's hack'n'slash game type. Summary: game is fun, and have a good diablo-climate. Now, i dont understood all that negative reviews. D2 didn't have any big story, D1 also so why you expect that from part 3? Its hack'n'slash game where you are focusing on killing monsters. DRM - well get used to it, buy games don't pirate - you are responsible for that situation. Also, servers are now stable and DRM dosen't have anything common with the content of the game itself. Real money auction house - all you are so negative about that even that service didn't started, and there is no way to say anything more. Without that people how have to much money to spend would be buying items on ebay or other so what the diffrence?
    So all hateres, just shut up and play because it's worthy.
  85. May 17, 2012
    Please dont read reviews with red score. Its from dumb people that think Internet connection is something new. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Most of people there gived game 0-3/10 just because they -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a)
    a) - think singleplayer game means offline game. b) - they just cant logged in game firsty day These people should be banned by Metacritic. I already contacted MC to do something about it. Its not possible to exploit review of game to use it for something else. This place is to review content, not form or any first day issues. so again.. for savages.. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DIABLO 3 IS ONLINE GAME. Its single player game with cooperation, auction house and pvp arena. Its not offline game. single != offline. So dont rant about it. Its like if you start ranting about "why wow isnt offline mode". -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About game itself - graphic is really good, on start, you will not like it, but when u get better equipment and get to nicer sorroundings.. it get way better. Diablo created itemization in games. I mean how we have it now, and in Diablo 3, this itemization returns, with many new features. Like crafting - yes, you can craft things.. which is cool. And you can sell them and then pay for WoW or Internet connection - which is even more cool. Yes, there are some downsides, like no setting atributions, no skills tunning up (yes there is rune system but its automatical..) BUT THAT ITS NOT PROBLEM OF DIABLO 3 - THAT IS PROBLEM OF PROGRAMMERS THAT START MAKING GAME EASY. THEN CURRENT GENERATION OF PLAYER GET WITH THAT AND THEY DONT WANT HARD GAME ANYMORE. That's all. and ps - DRM IS LIKE WHEN GAME WANT ONLINE REGISTRATION (ONLY) OR WHEN GAME WANT DVDROM ..ETC NOT WHEN ONLINE GAME NEED INTERNET. THATS NOT CALLED DRM. THATS CALLED NORMAL FEATURE THAT NEED TO BE DONE. GAME NEED INTERNET NOT FOR DRM BUT FOR BECAUSE ITS ONLINE GAME.. LIKE WOW. EVEN SINGLEPLAYER GAME IS PLAYED ONLINE, ALL CHARS ARE ON SERVERS = SO NO CHEATING. THAT IS WHY.. NO FKED DRM HERE
  86. May 17, 2012
    Listen up you little **** kids, stop **** because there are errors for an online game on launch, let alone diabo 3 which is a huge game that sells bucket loads from one of the biggest PC companies at this time. Review the game, not the errors caused by your **** ass internet.

And rage all you want, blizzard still got your money, so **** off.
  87. May 22, 2012
    As a fan of the series, I would like to give this game a solid 9, the only reason for not giving a 10 being the fact that it doesn't seem right to me for someone to not be able to play a single player campaign if his internet connection drops. Now that being said, how could some people review this game on May 15. Seriously, all bad reviews are posted on May 15, when you couldn't haveAs a fan of the series, I would like to give this game a solid 9, the only reason for not giving a 10 being the fact that it doesn't seem right to me for someone to not be able to play a single player campaign if his internet connection drops. Now that being said, how could some people review this game on May 15. Seriously, all bad reviews are posted on May 15, when you couldn't have possibly played the game for more than a few hours or at all. "The story is terrible", "What bothers me is the graphics and sound" and things like that, and then the game gets compared with Torchlight. I mean no offense, I like that game too, but how could that game possibly be less "cartoonish" or more complex that Diablo. Let's be serious. Personally I think some people were expecting of this something that cannot even be achieved. People are ridiculous.
    The game has all that the Diablo franchise is about: it has great loot, great graphics, great sound, great cinematics and it is still very addictive. It is truely great fun overall. EPIC!
  88. May 22, 2012
    I've been playing for a week and I love it. The game is paced very well. The action feels fluid and responsive. The loot feel appropriate and the graphics are very nice. Dark catacombs to sun bleached desert sands to demonic slag pits covered in blood and gore. It's all here.

The story is decent. The multiplayer is quite fun. It's trivially easy to jump into your friends games. My friends and I can't tear ourselves away from this game. It's fantastic.
  89. May 22, 2012
    All these low scores are retarded. The game isnt meant to be a graphical power house, blizzard went for the gritty dark art and did it nicely. The game Is an 8 out of 10 for me. It has the core diablo elements great loot with great mobs and great co-op with friends. Look at all these 0's they all rehash things weve known about for YEARS. I dont like "Online only" but i understand why theyAll these low scores are retarded. The game isnt meant to be a graphical power house, blizzard went for the gritty dark art and did it nicely. The game Is an 8 out of 10 for me. It has the core diablo elements great loot with great mobs and great co-op with friends. Look at all these 0's they all rehash things weve known about for YEARS. I dont like "Online only" but i understand why they had to do it with real money being floated around there. The story is just ok, alot of the story could be seen coming from a mile away. 2 out of the 4 boss fights are anti-climactic, and i would say the crafting as it stands now is useless. However its a great game with great co-op and its diablo. Expand
  90. May 23, 2012
    I usually don't write reviews about games, but once saw the 4.1 user score for Diablo 3, I knew I had to say something. This game has been review bombed to high hell until it remains nothing but a smoldering crater. If you want proof, look at all of the 0 score reviews there are, it's over 1000. I'm intending for this to be an honest review, but still, this is a review, so take it with aI usually don't write reviews about games, but once saw the 4.1 user score for Diablo 3, I knew I had to say something. This game has been review bombed to high hell until it remains nothing but a smoldering crater. If you want proof, look at all of the 0 score reviews there are, it's over 1000. I'm intending for this to be an honest review, but still, this is a review, so take it with a grain of salt.

Pros:
    +Mechanics polished to a mirror shine
    + Loot hunting is fun as ever
    +Varied and interesting classes
    +Co-op is great
    +An improved skill system that does away with archaic tree skill systems
    +4 Different difficulties, 5 different classes, PvP teams with a starcraft-like progression system... you will be playing this game for a long time
    +Graphics that look modern, but still keep that Diablo guts'n'gore "charm"

Cons:
    -Story lacking slightly
    -Servers with high latency on release, made game unplayable to many people
    -Flawed loot system with legendary's being, most of the time, weaker than some blues
    -Melee classes slightly unbalanced in higher difficulty
    -Lack of a chat system, so community seems empty
    -PvP not available at launch
    -Always online DRM with no optional offline mode

To many, Diablo 3 is a series close to many peoples hearts. Since its introduction in the 90's, and subsequent refinement 4 years later, the game became a legend, but it has been MIA for more than a decade. With Diablo 3's announcement, the masses have been foaming at the mouth, waiting in anticipation for its release, but now that its out, does it hold up to a decade worth of hyping?
    In short, yes. Aside from some minor nitpicks, Diablo 3 improves upon Diablo 2 in almost every way.

The combat in Diablo 3 is the samestandard hack'n'slash isometric loot fest that the previous two were, but polished to a mirror shine. The production value shows that an immense amount of work has been put into it. The looting is addictive, as it should be, and getting that new item is still as thrilling as ever. The classes (Demon Hunter, Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Wizard, Monk) are incredibly varied, with a plethora of skills to use, and endless combinations to use, with several builds that are viable. Which segways into the next point.

The skill system is a massive improvement, not just over Diablo 2, but the whole franchise as a whole. Skill trees force a kind of pseudo-choice like system that in reality, forces you into cookie cutter builds, with only half the skills being viable. Runes only further diversify the system by modifying skills. For example, Bola Shot shoots a bola that wraps around the enemies head, then explodes, dealing splash damage. A rune called acid strike changes the skill into 3 bolas that deal acid damage. So there are several different ways you could build your character.

To many, this topic is very polarizing... the graphics. The graphics in this game are almost painting like in their presentation, and look very polished and genuinely unsettling in some situations. A desert with skeletons littering the landscape, a hell-like torture dungeon with the corpses of the victims still in their respected torture devices, it's all very well composed. I do have some minor nitpicks with the game though. The launch was rockier than the sheer side of a cliff, with error 3007 and disconnects plaguing the first several hours. Even now, the servers are high in latency, causing serious lag in situations with many enemies. Then the story... it isn't exactly high class literature, with most of the quest being "X magical artifact is causing Y disturbance, and we need to Z to obtain it" But, it works, and most people aren't buying the game for the story. The loot system also needs some reworking, as many times, legendary are lesser than their blue counterparts, and that needs to end. The feeling when you get a legendary should be that this item is incredibly rare and valuable, not just another item, doomed to a merchant's inventory. Melee classes need to be reworked as well, most importantly the barbarian. He needs some extra survivability in the higher difficulties to make him innately tanky. Maybe an extra 25% vitality bonus, or something along the lines of that.

Then the lack of a chat system (a'la starcraft 2) is missing, which makes the community seem very empty, but the starcraft 2 chat system wasn't available at launch either, so there will most likely be one implemented in the future.

Then the lack of the PvP system at launch, I know this isn't an integral part of the Diablo 3 experience, but it could be a great way to extend your play time.

Overall, Diablo 3 is a great game that doesn't deserve half of the flak it gets in the forums and on metacritic, with a few minor nitpicks that don't detract from the shine of this true gem. But then again, this is just my personal opinion, so let yourself formulate your own.
  91. Mar 6, 2014
    This is one of the best single player games of all time. Plain and Simple if you have internet then you should try it.

The only reason why this game has so many negative reviews is because it requires internet and the fact that when it first came out there was a lot of issues but they have all been fixed and a lot of improvements have been made to that game that make it really good now.
  92. May 15, 2012
    Not as good as Diablo 2, but damn near close. In fact I think it's growing on me more and more and may indeed surpass d2 for me at some point. Not really sure what all the (not-so-objective-and-thinly-vieled-trolling) is about, but this game is awesome.
  93. May 15, 2012
    Having played Diablo, and Diablo II along time ago, I did not really know what to expect from Diablo III, so I'm just gonna narrow down the review as I still haven't fully finished the game, but I've played enough to say with confidence what I think about it in general:
    -Game-play : In terms of game-play, this game its the nail on the head for the most part, the controls are easy and responsive, they feel intuitive for the most part, AND they are not hard to master.
    You will find yourself enjoying this game at least when it comes to game-play very much.
    ______
    [9.0], (Solid game-play let me give this game a 9, as expected in most Blizzard games game-play wise...)
    -Content : On the other end the content of the game in terms of skills, attributes and creativity are kind of disappointing, you get a decent amount of skills, but not as many or as diverse as previous Diablo games, the skill tree although SIMPLE, EASY and INTUITIVE, is very lackluster, and it does not leave a whole lot to the imagination.
    Crafting feels a bit to simple and brain dead, you basically bring some above-average items to the blacksmith, you salvage them for materials and you upgrade your skill level (buy paying gold) to make more items, that is about it for crafting, AND rune-crafting with a slight difference that you combine gems to make stronger gems...
    As for items, there is a high variety of them In-game, and each item feels rather unique to its own, some items are more appropriate for each Class but overall, it does a good job at diversifying what each class can use what items.
    You can customize the color of your vestments with a semi-wide variety of choices between colors, and effects, you can also bind them with gems to make them stronger, overall the item variety seems fine to me, having played through a lot of it by myself the loot feels just right, not to much, but not to little, just fine.
    I have played for about 5/6 hours or so, and I still don't feel like the plot is at its end, so therefore I'm assuming story wise this game delivers a long experience, ALTHOUGH its worth mentioning that I like exploring a lot, and did not rush the game at all, taking my sweet time, there is a lot of instances and small dungeons to visit as you are going through the locations of the main plot, which is of course expected and welcomed.
    In terms of the enemies you face on the battlefield, its still the same as the previous Diablo games, not exactly SUPER diverse, but it does its job fairly well of providing you with a balanced amount and diversity in your average landscape.
    I dislike how there isn't more intuitiveness to leveling stats, as they are attributed automatically at each level, making it easier, but less creative...
    ______
    [6.5], (Overall in content it delivers, if you take you're time there is plenty of sweet singleplayer plot to play, but it suffers from some issues, such as lack of skills and stat variety and customization, monsters not being as fully diverse as I would of liked, (this varies from player to players obviously) and ultimately not a whole lot was actually added to the game from the previous installments.
    -Graphics and Audio: In terms of graphics I disagree with what most people say...
    About them being sub-par to latest games and hardware, I feel the game as very good artsy-styled graphics, the kind of graphics that do not aim to be realistic, but more of creative and vivid, I think it suits the Diablo style a lot, and they did very well in its overall graphic design, landscapes are diverse, special effects on the spells or animations, such as depth of field, or lens flare, etc. (whatever there may be in the engine) are not over done at all, and the game feels crisp and detailed enough to keep you pleased.
    Audio-wise the game does a great job at adapting the weird camera angle into 5.1 speakers, the voice-acting is as expected, quite pleasing, and the quality of the creatures and spells all sound top notch and different, the quality is also exceptional...
    ______
    Graphics: [7.5], (The graphics overall suit the game very well, although truth be said, you will not be impressed by any of its technology most likely).
    Audio: [9], (The audio quality is top notch, and the voice acting does not disappoint at all, diverse sounds keep you on the lookout!).
    -Plot-wise : I cannot rate it, as I have not finished it yet, so far good though!
    [X,X], (...)
    Additional notes:
    -Despite the fact that the game had a very rough start (with the servers being down and all), when you get past those issues and you get to play the core essence of this addicting game, you realize that those who even rate this game below 5 are simply to upset at Blizzard for not succeeding to successfully smoothly release a game of this magnitude.
    When it comes down to it, the game is a great game, worthy of a purchase, if played with good friends the experience almost doubles, but it is a great game by yourself none the less, overall:
    -[8.5] is my rating!
  94. May 16, 2012
    There's nothing hugely fancy about Diablo, but it's got what it promised and keeps to the same game play style. As for the logging in for playing the game - the problems are the same as any MMO or online game on patch day. And requiring people to be online while playing is NOT DRM, it's called 'your character information is stored on a server so that you can't hack you account and makeThere's nothing hugely fancy about Diablo, but it's got what it promised and keeps to the same game play style. As for the logging in for playing the game - the problems are the same as any MMO or online game on patch day. And requiring people to be online while playing is NOT DRM, it's called 'your character information is stored on a server so that you can't hack you account and make fake gear'. Doesn't anyone remember the character trainers of Diablo 1 and 2? This is huge problem they had to overcome and this is the only solution for player to player interaction. That said, an offline mode should have been made that wouldn't allow for your character to be an online character, but even that might lead to hacking to transfer fake items to the online world. Expand
  95. May 16, 2012
    The game plays really well, is lots of fun like only a few games were so far. The graphics (on my low end computer) are still amazing in low quality. What I like most about this game is the atmosphere. Every new zone is amazingly detailed and hauntingly beautiful. The game will still look pretty in 5-10 years, when graphics have evolved. I will play this game lots, planing to stick to aThe game plays really well, is lots of fun like only a few games were so far. The graphics (on my low end computer) are still amazing in low quality. What I like most about this game is the atmosphere. Every new zone is amazingly detailed and hauntingly beautiful. The game will still look pretty in 5-10 years, when graphics have evolved. I will play this game lots, planing to stick to a low pace and taking everything in the game has to offer.

I would've given it a score of 10, but I don't like the idea of the Real Money Auction House. Blizzard almost lost me as a Diabro when it was announced. But, I'm here, I'm playing and I'm loving it, ignoring the one feature that really sucks!
  96. May 16, 2012
    Ignore the whiners.. Diablo 3 is one of the best computer games ever made. I played EQ for 7 years, WoW for 6 years, and I will be playing this one for years to come(with expansions eventually). Beautiful graphics, great control. It is Diablo. People are just whining about everything and most of them were(or still are) in elementary school when Diablo 2 came out and weren't even born forIgnore the whiners.. Diablo 3 is one of the best computer games ever made. I played EQ for 7 years, WoW for 6 years, and I will be playing this one for years to come(with expansions eventually). Beautiful graphics, great control. It is Diablo. People are just whining about everything and most of them were(or still are) in elementary school when Diablo 2 came out and weren't even born for the first one. I loved Diablo 1 in college.. I liked Diablo 2(I had my reservations about it) but with Diablo 3 they have fixed everything I wanted and did so much more! Expand
  97. May 17, 2012
    Anyone **** about this game A. Has a **** computer. B. Is too much of a fanboy of D2 to accept that WoW created a standard for ability usage. C. Is just a crying mouth breather.

The game is a hundred times better then D2's spam left click and spam potion system. It took a page from WoWs book (and whether you like WoW or not it created a standard for online games) Hotbar was a fantasic addition. Bosses now have actual mechanics that you have to watch for. Overall you can't be disappointed. It's just a great game.
  98. May 17, 2012
    Awesome! I love the modifications in Diablo 3 over D2 and D1. Forget stamina, attribute points and skill trees, and get right down to bashing evil's head in! :) Drops are better as well. I can't really understand people's negative comments regarding these changes, but hey... to each their own.

I can understand, however, people's frustration with the server and performance woes, but you can assume these will be fixed in the very near future.
  99. May 18, 2012
    Diabolo II is forever etched into the fondest of my gaming memories. I loved it and played it Offline, Online and Lan. Having spent quite a few hours on Diabolo III I have to say I am loving it. Let me start by saying I also HATE the DRM i think not having an offline mode is disgraceful HOWEVER we have waited for a long time for this game so lets look past it. PROS: No more pesky townDiabolo II is forever etched into the fondest of my gaming memories. I loved it and played it Offline, Online and Lan. Having spent quite a few hours on Diabolo III I have to say I am loving it. Let me start by saying I also HATE the DRM i think not having an offline mode is disgraceful HOWEVER we have waited for a long time for this game so lets look past it. PROS: No more pesky town scrolls you have a button from early in the game to port to town Inventory items all take either one or two slots. I think people that criticize this have forgotten just how annoying it was late game to store items. Hours spent trying to fiddle them together Checkpoints I believe that if you a) have the time and b) want to start from town every time you die then you can play hardcore like I used too. Personally I find resurrection at checkpoints quite refreshing. Cut scenes are in my mind beautifully crafted the cinematic graphics are gorgeous and having recently replayed DII I can also say that I font believe the voice acting in DIII is as good but its not atrocious. Cons: The skills and attributes system is the most disappointing thing for me! Having everything unlock automatically for me has taken the skill down and made the game impersonal this really upsets me. My character does not feel individual and the harder game modes are going to have to bring challenges and items and crafting in a special way to rectify this. The connection problems on day one were unfortunate and have led to many bad reviews but this was always going to happen and I have been playing problem free since the morning after launch. Having an arena style pvp is undesirable I will miss the epic in game duals outside town but I can live with it! My biggest gripe with the game is the facility to buy gold! This will totally devalue items! It will get people ahead who are willing to pay their way and it will not reward good/dedicated players for hours spent clearing content. This is by far the most disappointing feature and I really hope it does not remain.

Overall a very good game! It seems that the problems I have with Diabolo III are ofset by just how enjoyable the game its self is. There are some flaws and problems with this remake, but there were always going to be. It is very difficult to follow an epic game such as Diabolo II and die hard fans will always either love or hate. Its well worth the money and I look forward to seeing where the end game goes. One last word to all theose who say it takes from WOW. Go replay Diabolo II and Diabolo, you will see how much WOW took from them.

TLDR: Overall very good game with big boots to fill. Some undesirable game play changes to DII. Terrible auction house and DRM.
  100. May 18, 2012
    Diablo, Lord of Error (37) reigned for about a day and a half at launch. Since then it's been smooth sailing and the game itself is super fun. Act I is pretty much standard Diablo-esque encounters. After that the landscapes get more interesting and the enemies more challenging. Like Diablo 2, the first run-through is designed so anyone can get through the game - the "real" game startsDiablo, Lord of Error (37) reigned for about a day and a half at launch. Since then it's been smooth sailing and the game itself is super fun. Act I is pretty much standard Diablo-esque encounters. After that the landscapes get more interesting and the enemies more challenging. Like Diablo 2, the first run-through is designed so anyone can get through the game - the "real" game starts after you unlock the higher difficulty levels. I *like* the new skill system as it lets you experiment with different builds without rerolling. The game in general oozes quality. I'm enjoying my time in the game a great deal. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012