Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 18, 2012
    Diabolo II is forever etched into the fondest of my gaming memories. I loved it and played it Offline, Online and Lan. Having spent quite a few hours on Diabolo III I have to say I am loving it. Let me start by saying I also HATE the DRM i think not having an offline mode is disgraceful HOWEVER we have waited for a long time for this game so lets look past it. PROS: No more pesky townDiabolo II is forever etched into the fondest of my gaming memories. I loved it and played it Offline, Online and Lan. Having spent quite a few hours on Diabolo III I have to say I am loving it. Let me start by saying I also HATE the DRM i think not having an offline mode is disgraceful HOWEVER we have waited for a long time for this game so lets look past it. PROS: No more pesky town scrolls you have a button from early in the game to port to town Inventory items all take either one or two slots. I think people that criticize this have forgotten just how annoying it was late game to store items. Hours spent trying to fiddle them together Checkpoints I believe that if you a) have the time and b) want to start from town every time you die then you can play hardcore like I used too. Personally I find resurrection at checkpoints quite refreshing. Cut scenes are in my mind beautifully crafted the cinematic graphics are gorgeous and having recently replayed DII I can also say that I font believe the voice acting in DIII is as good but its not atrocious. Cons: The skills and attributes system is the most disappointing thing for me! Having everything unlock automatically for me has taken the skill down and made the game impersonal this really upsets me. My character does not feel individual and the harder game modes are going to have to bring challenges and items and crafting in a special way to rectify this. The connection problems on day one were unfortunate and have led to many bad reviews but this was always going to happen and I have been playing problem free since the morning after launch. Having an arena style pvp is undesirable I will miss the epic in game duals outside town but I can live with it! My biggest gripe with the game is the facility to buy gold! This will totally devalue items! It will get people ahead who are willing to pay their way and it will not reward good/dedicated players for hours spent clearing content. This is by far the most disappointing feature and I really hope it does not remain.

Overall a very good game! It seems that the problems I have with Diabolo III are ofset by just how enjoyable the game its self is. There are some flaws and problems with this remake, but there were always going to be. It is very difficult to follow an epic game such as Diabolo II and die hard fans will always either love or hate. Its well worth the money and I look forward to seeing where the end game goes. One last word to all theose who say it takes from WOW. Go replay Diabolo II and Diabolo, you will see how much WOW took from them.

TLDR: Overall very good game with big boots to fill. Some undesirable game play changes to DII. Terrible auction house and DRM.
  2. May 18, 2012
    Diablo, Lord of Error (37) reigned for about a day and a half at launch. Since then it's been smooth sailing and the game itself is super fun. Act I is pretty much standard Diablo-esque encounters. After that the landscapes get more interesting and the enemies more challenging. Like Diablo 2, the first run-through is designed so anyone can get through the game - the "real" game startsDiablo, Lord of Error (37) reigned for about a day and a half at launch. Since then it's been smooth sailing and the game itself is super fun. Act I is pretty much standard Diablo-esque encounters. After that the landscapes get more interesting and the enemies more challenging. Like Diablo 2, the first run-through is designed so anyone can get through the game - the "real" game starts after you unlock the higher difficulty levels. I *like* the new skill system as it lets you experiment with different builds without rerolling. The game in general oozes quality. I'm enjoying my time in the game a great deal. Expand
  3. May 22, 2012
    I don't get it why this game get such low scores of users.The game's story is all right, battling enemies is fun (especially in co-op) and it has a high re-playability. Sure, the server has been down some times and the single player requires an internet connection (which is somewhat stupid) but I just don't get the low scores. Maybe a lot of D1 + D2 fans did expect far more from thisI don't get it why this game get such low scores of users.The game's story is all right, battling enemies is fun (especially in co-op) and it has a high re-playability. Sure, the server has been down some times and the single player requires an internet connection (which is somewhat stupid) but I just don't get the low scores. Maybe a lot of D1 + D2 fans did expect far more from this sequel, but I (as a new player to Diablo but not to Blizzard games) rate this game an 8 because it looks good and plays good, with just some damn small issues... Expand
  4. Sep 25, 2012
    Passable as a game, but certainly the downsides hurt every aspect of it. The auction house means you're just grinding for gold to buy better items than you'll ever find, and of course you're stuck with it always being there since always-on DRM doesn't let you play offline. Just play Torchlight 2 if you want the true successor since those are the devs that made Diablo and Diablo 2 anyway.
  5. Oct 9, 2012
    Diablo3 is an amazing game, though it does many things differently to Diablo2. It makes these changes to simplify gameplay and make the game more accessible to people new to the franchise. If you prefer how Diablo 2 did things, perhaps check out Torchlight.

Diablo 3 has some great graphics, amazing sound track and voice acting and solid game play. The gameplay gets repetitive after 100hours but at that point the game has been worth the purchase.

The game did launch with several problems which caused many people on this site to give it terrible reviews. Since launch a lot of new content has been added to address these, thus many of the user reviews on this site are outdated at best, some are just unfair.

The only negetive this game gets from me is that the always online requirement. Having battle.net's social aspects added to the game isnt enough to validate the always online requirement. IE: It causes more problems than it enhances the experience.
  6. Dec 27, 2012
    Diablo 3 was a disappointment for many fans of the Diablo series; however, I feel that it was harshly and unfairly judged. Though it may not live up to the expectations people had for it, it is definitely not deserving of the 0's and 1's it has received. Diablo 3 is a good game. It had a few problems at release, but Blizzard has been making constant changes to improve on the game. The mostDiablo 3 was a disappointment for many fans of the Diablo series; however, I feel that it was harshly and unfairly judged. Though it may not live up to the expectations people had for it, it is definitely not deserving of the 0's and 1's it has received. Diablo 3 is a good game. It had a few problems at release, but Blizzard has been making constant changes to improve on the game. The most common complaints I've read are regarding the loot drops, the real money auction house (RMAH), and the lack of endgame. Efforts have been made to improve loot drops and endgame, as well as the viability/balance of class skills. The RMAH, unfortunately, is here to stay. I understand why Blizzard did it; people were selling loot in Diablo II, so Blizzard probably tried to have it exist in a controlled environment, whilst also making profit from it. Other than the two points I mentioned, D3 is a great game. The rune skill system was a big change from the skill point system, but one that ultimately works. It provides a streamlined leveling system that offers a steady, constant trickle of new abilities as a character levels. The other aspects of D3, such as followers, have also been improved over their D2 counterparts. However, for those who are fans of the older, D2 system, Torchlight 2 provides an excellent hack and slash alternative (with its own host of improvements on the D2 system). Would I recommend Diablo 3? Yes. I think it's a solid game that tries to bring something new to the table, and offers hours of entertainment. Even the game's detractors can often be seen making comments like "... after 300 hours of playing D3, I realized this game sucks..." I would hardly consider any game that offered over 100 hours of entertainment as being bad. At the very least, these people got their moneys worth from playing the game. If you're on the fence about the game, I would recommend it. It may not offer years of entertainment like its predecessor, but it will definitely provide a lengthy amount of fun for most. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been over a year since the release of this game and as all the dust has for the most part settled from the initial fiasco of the internet connectivity issues and a solution for the terrible idea that was the real money auction house (just get rid of it entirely). All in all I've got to say, this game is one of the best dungeon crawlers I've experienced in a long while. I do believe that despite Blizzard being a very successful company, they sure do have a horrible fanbase. The community is some of the worst cases of self-entitlement I've ever seen. They really just feel that the longer they play a game they hate the more Blizzard will break down and do something...in actuality most of us actually enjoy Blizzard's games very much (this one included) and really those who hate it are a small minority who seem to enjoy torturing themselves with "mediocre" games until someone fixes it, which really never happens in their mind. Expand
  8. May 17, 2012
    At the beginning it feels a lot repetitive, but as you advance and start to unlock skills, crafting, companions, and more, the game reveals itself very addictive. It's a great game, but i hope that there Blizzard launch some patches with new features and expansions with new content because this game can still have much more to give!
  9. Apr 15, 2013
    I will start by saying that I have been a fan of the series and just Blizzard in general for quite some time (2002). I never was able to get my hands on the first installment but played the second all the time at a friends house and was infatuated with it. Needless to say I was quite ecstatic when Diablo III was announced along with the rest the die hard fans and PC gaming community asI will start by saying that I have been a fan of the series and just Blizzard in general for quite some time (2002). I never was able to get my hands on the first installment but played the second all the time at a friends house and was infatuated with it. Needless to say I was quite ecstatic when Diablo III was announced along with the rest the die hard fans and PC gaming community as a whole (I mean come on, it's Diablo, everybody was pumped). Now here is where I will be brief for the sake of being succinct; I do not even begin to the fathom the reason of the negativity. Diablo III is more than a solid game, it is a worthy successor to iterations past and continues Blizzard's legacy of impeccable game design. It is game designed so meticulously and with attention to detail that it warrants nothing less than praise from the sound design, to the visuals, the feel of each class, and most of all the loot system. I don't see how you can a more accessible but still fundamentally deep game that plays as well as Diablo III. Sure, one could argue the story is a little melodramatic and that the DRM thing is a little annoying (especially given the game's shaky launch) and the the auction house detracts from the end game...but here is the thing, this is Blizzard. What do I mean by that? Blizzard is a company committed to it's games and fans they will release patches, the game will get increasingly better. This not only has happened (introduction of the Hellfire Ring, Monster Power, and Paragon) but will continue to happen (PvP, Matchmaking, More End game questing). I think ultimately the community is griping because of server side issues and a system that can be completely ignored (the Auction House). Enjoy the Diablo III for what it is: a damn good and addictive hack and slash role playing game. Expand
  10. May 21, 2013
    Im really confused with all the hate with game is getting. I think most people just don't understand that it's an ARPG and is all about the gear grind. That being said, this game is extremely fun and addicting. The game has also been improved with many patches such as monster power and paragon levels. The art design is also fantastic and the attention to detail really shines. The onlyIm really confused with all the hate with game is getting. I think most people just don't understand that it's an ARPG and is all about the gear grind. That being said, this game is extremely fun and addicting. The game has also been improved with many patches such as monster power and paragon levels. The art design is also fantastic and the attention to detail really shines. The only thing that bothers me a bit as that the replay ability isn't as good as it could have been, even with paragon levels. Expand
  11. Mar 23, 2016
    After all the patches and endgame extensions the game really became what it deserved to be: a good game. After Blizzard fired Jay Wilson and deleted the ingame auction, the game really felt like diablo again. No game will ever be as good as Diablo 2, we all know that. But this updated version of this game (2016) is really worth playing. Highly recommend the expansion though.
  12. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game that is a great addition to the Diablo series.

The gameplay is fantastic, the art design is very well done and most importantly its fun as hell and it has the same old addicting Diablo fun factor. Get a few friends together and this is some of the best gaming in the last 5-10 years. I think Diablo2 fans will love this game, as will new people to the series. Fantastic game!!
    Amazing game that is a great addition to the Diablo series.

Fantastic game!! GOTY so far!
  13. May 18, 2012
    I've waited for this game for a while, and I really like it. Graphics are great and the story is pretty "meh", thought that doesn't really matter because it's all about the click-click-click anyway. Also, thanks to Blizzard for making their games so damn scalable. By that, I mean it works on my 5 year old iMac, smooth as hell. Great!

And so what about the DRM. Everyone has the internet

And so what about the DRM. Everyone has the internet these days, so it's not really a pain in the ass. Remember playing Diablo 2 and getting killed by hackers all the time? Well, that won't happen as easily now that all of our characters and items are stored on the Blizzard servers. Get over it, I say. If you're into it, it's a good game. Play it and have fun.
  14. May 29, 2012
    Pretty fun game. I've had some problems with the AH, but they fixed it (for now...). If anyone gets bored with the game, make a hardcore character, it's MUCH funner.
  15. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. Everything about it is a complete improvement over Diablo 2. This game is far more balanced than Diablo 2 ever was. Plus, the difficulty is fun as HELL. Normal mode is a walk in the park, but once you get to Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, the game really starts to kick your ass. The story is nothing radical or great, but it is a clear continuation of the Diablo 1 and 2This game is great. Everything about it is a complete improvement over Diablo 2. This game is far more balanced than Diablo 2 ever was. Plus, the difficulty is fun as HELL. Normal mode is a walk in the park, but once you get to Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, the game really starts to kick your ass. The story is nothing radical or great, but it is a clear continuation of the Diablo 1 and 2 story, and that's all I'll say about the story.
    The graphical style, cinematics, and armor and weapon designs are all far better than Diablo 2's (in my opinion), and the only complain I have is that servers can be laggy even when you're playing alone. Hopefully Blizzard will fix this in time.
  16. May 18, 2012
    I played the open beta and though man blizzard has really lost their touch, this game is boring. i didnt have the interest level to even take my barbarian to the skeleton king. Looking back, I think there limited Beta was brillant..the rest of the game felt so fresh. A

This game exceeded expectations in every way. Do not listen to the trolls. Just finished on normal mode (took about 18 hours). I didnt find it too short, too long, etc. I've been playing on U.S Servers since launch and minus the first hours after midnight on Tuesday have not had a connection issue since. The graphics are fantastic, the story is the best one in the series (by far-I didn't really sucked into the story in Diablo 2 or the original), but its not so distracting that you can't focus on the loot, etc.

Online only? So what. If it keeps hackers out of the game, I'm fine with that. DRM isn't that big of a deal, if you happen to out of town or something just pick up Diablo 2 for a couple of days, you'll be fine. It honestly doesn't bother me. Its 2012, not 2000. Although i was worried about the changes to skills, etc at first, I now feel like streamlining it has made it much easier to simply focus on the action, and I love being able to change skills depending on the situation. I rememer in Diablo 2 seeing another Amazon build (or whatever class) and being like man I'd love to try that, but then not wanting to start over. As I play my demon hunter its fantastic to be able to try out spike traps, caltrops, etc without having to commit long term, or to use them just when I need them. Haters are going to hate, but when it comes down to it all the people giving this game a zero are going to spend the next 6 months (or more) leveling up every class to 60. Yes launch night had some problems, but how many other game companies have to deal with global servers and millions of players from day 1? Not many, and kudos to blizzard for handling it the way they did.
  17. May 18, 2012
    Pro: Diablo still has some of the best game play experience Still a unique game with a story line to follow its predecessors Fantastic multiplayer/coop game
    Con: Always online, why should my single player experience latency issues
  18. May 21, 2012
    Very entertaining game tainted by always online drm and linear leveling. Though I don't understand all the people complaining regarding graphics. It is a hack'n'slash game, not a fps, hence why we have the isometric view. The graphic style is impressive and Blizzard did not go overboard so a wide range of people can enjoy this game. The sound is also above average. The classes are variedVery entertaining game tainted by always online drm and linear leveling. Though I don't understand all the people complaining regarding graphics. It is a hack'n'slash game, not a fps, hence why we have the isometric view. The graphic style is impressive and Blizzard did not go overboard so a wide range of people can enjoy this game. The sound is also above average. The classes are varied and the plethora of spells and runes (spell modifiers) offer a wide range of customization. With that in mind, the enjoyment gets a bit tainted by always online drm and a very linear system of leveling. While on the first glance it seems you have limited choices regarding spells, the system is satisfying and lets you modify your characters abilities as well as spells. Blizzard has tried something new, and I applaud them for it. It seems that most people wanted Diablo 2 with better graphics, or were expecting a WoW 2. I for one enjoy the game tremendously - though I do feel for the people that can't play due to lag or hacking issues. Expand
  19. May 15, 2012
    Good game. Very well polished and enjoyable, will be around for a good while. I can't rate it higher as it's no SC2, not competitive enough, but I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would.
  20. May 16, 2012
    Who cares if you need to be online to play this game... it's 2012, if you don't have a decent enough internet connection to be connected (or tether) then you should spend money on your net connection before games. That said, the game is decent, it's a fun little hack and slash game. Giving a 10 because of all the 0's from people complaining about the online requirement and day one issues.
  21. May 18, 2012
    Okay so I am coming into this having never played a Diablo game...which I really regret now because this game is sooooo addicting. I just can't put it down. Everytime I say okay I'm done I just think of killing a few more things, getting some more quests done, and grabbing a few more loot. It nails the formula so perfectly and Blizzard has again outdone themselves. Now bring on Warcraft IV! =)
  22. May 18, 2012
    Bit short, but good. Never had any lag or connection issues.

The only Blizzard game I've played was D2 as a kid, but you whiners and **** obviously don't know how the gaming industry works: DRM - Welcome to 2012. No serious online game is gonna let you have a free offline mode, too much piracy/duping. 10 years from now, this will be the unquestioned norm. It pretty much already is. Few
    Bit short, but good. Never had any lag or connection issues.

Few hours of downtime - You've got the next 10 years to play, people

Can't set attributes - Welcome to 2012. The mainstream gamer doesn't want stats/attributes that can't be changed if they mess up their build. Which MMO made in recent years doesn't have resets? A lot have done away with stats entirely. Same trend follows here. Graphics - Could be darker, but how gritty can you make an isometric 3D game? It's easy with 2D sprites in D1 and D2. If they were to do it for D3, it would take too much texturing and only run well on good computers. Blizzard wants casuals with crappy computers to play. I'd rather have big community rather than a group of elitists.

Real money store - They want money, sure. But it would've happened legit or not. How do you support a free online game for this many people without monthly subscription or an item shop? You guys gonna donate? Game's not perfect, but the complaints above aren't even relevant.
  23. May 18, 2012
    As far as gameplay is concerned, the game feels great and is extremely fun to play. I'd give it a 10 out of 10 on that alone, with the sound design and music being fantastic as well. The only thing that brings it down is the writing. The story is...pretty awful, and the dialogue could be much better. It's just generally poorly written. Other than that, I would encourage anyone to play thisAs far as gameplay is concerned, the game feels great and is extremely fun to play. I'd give it a 10 out of 10 on that alone, with the sound design and music being fantastic as well. The only thing that brings it down is the writing. The story is...pretty awful, and the dialogue could be much better. It's just generally poorly written. Other than that, I would encourage anyone to play this game!

By the way, the always-online DRM isn't really an issue as long as you have a stable connection. Yes, it sucks, but the game is so fun I'm willing to let it slide.
  24. May 16, 2012
    I'm ashamed at some of the people here!! Seriously?? With historical release issues Such as WoW -Cata haven't we come to expect issues when release time comes?? Anyways, aside from minor lag issues in my area (East coast US) Diablo3 plays smoothly, graphics are great and storyline amazing.
  25. May 16, 2012
    My life needs the option of off world play.

(1) - Difficulty - Beat Nightmare at least, then you may comment on the games difficulty. (2 ) - Graphics - Lower requirements equal more sales. Welcome to grown up world. When the light bulb goes on and you say you want the option of better graphics, study graphics programming. (3) - Attribute point removal - You still have the option to be
    My life needs the option of off world play.

(3) - Attribute point removal - You still have the option to be completely worthless in co-op play by putting that crossbow on your Barbarian.

(4) - No offline mode - The addition of the auction house, figure that one out.

(5) - World PVP taken out - Yes it was so fun PVPing in D2 with new hacks coming out almost every week ( hint for no offline mode )

(6) - Repetitive - Because hack and slash has come so far over the years...

(7) - Blizzard connection issues - Your first game by them in a very long time I see.

(8) - Skills - The difference between putting 11 points in skill or using a rune to improve it is... wait there really isn't one.

(9) - Customization - Maybe there will be a patch including an item you can buy to color your armor.
  26. May 16, 2012
    Overall the game is great!. Despite the initial log in issues I was able to log in 1 hour and 35 minutes after release time. The graphics are a amazing and rich and the environment lighting keeps me glued to the screen. The new character skill variations are really something that I could play with for hours to find a combination for every style of play. However, I was a little disappointedOverall the game is great!. Despite the initial log in issues I was able to log in 1 hour and 35 minutes after release time. The graphics are a amazing and rich and the environment lighting keeps me glued to the screen. The new character skill variations are really something that I could play with for hours to find a combination for every style of play. However, I was a little disappointed in the fact that the first two acts where more or less enviormentally similar to the Diablo II and that the attribute points where auto assigned. After I got over the fact of Act similarity and the fact that the points are basically assigned the way i would anyway I started to trully enjoy the game. After spending 12 hours playing on openning day as a casual gamer I would have to say that this game was def worth the wait and that I would really recommend it to people. Most people that gave it a low ranking due to it constant online requirment have to understand that it is done for the purpose of preventing the much hatted hackers that would try and ruin the game with map and loot hacks that have ruined my gaming experience in the past. Now back to the game and hope to see you all there Expand
  27. May 16, 2012
    Wow everyone is trolling here.

I found it excellent. Easy to pick up and play. Levelling is rewarding because you get new runes all the time. Gear is GOD in this game and it feels awesome getting something with the right stats for you. You can customize or craft gear through artisans in the game... Or if you wanna spend then you can just go the auction house. Lots of good stuff there.
    Wow everyone is trolling here.

Story and cutscenes were top notch. Some of the voice acting could have been done better. Biggest complaint is from the online component where the servers can go down, and I get lag spikes from time to time. But it's still a great game really, and it was well worth the wait for me.
  28. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better. Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  29. May 17, 2012
    Most of us have been waiting for Diablo III for at least a decade and with this have a tendency to have higher expectations for Diablo III. Before I review Diablo III lets review a comparison between Diablo I and II for illustration. Looking at Diablo I and II is a great example because Diablo II was a huge improvement from the first one because of the technology upgrade and huge depth ofMost of us have been waiting for Diablo III for at least a decade and with this have a tendency to have higher expectations for Diablo III. Before I review Diablo III lets review a comparison between Diablo I and II for illustration. Looking at Diablo I and II is a great example because Diablo II was a huge improvement from the first one because of the technology upgrade and huge depth of story improvement. Also, the cinematic upgrade was a huge improvement in quality to allow for longer story and depth. Comparing Diablo II to III is a much smaller jump because a huge amount of the story has already been explained and the technology upgrade will likely not change to greatly due to the amount of time spent on the project which will go off of an earlier engine closers to 2004- 2006. Having said that Diablo III did bring in a great amount of improvements such as: cleaner potion and gold auto pick ups, nicer graphics, fluid storyline for hack-in-move style, better co-op integration, darker feel than D2, evenly shared loot drops, and simpler interface design. The area that most people complain about is the simple design change for the skill system and attribute changes. Personally, I like the old system BUT! I can see how this new system over time will allow most players the opportunity to try every skill possible where before most people followed a cookie cutter build that someone else made and typically didn't venture further in fear of wasting points. I think Blizzard made a risky move that will pay off in the long term when the more advanced players start to see all the customization available between the skills and rune combinations. I am happy to say that Blizzard has pulled off a wonderful sequel that meets my expectations and deserves a rating of hard work that has been done. Expand
  30. May 18, 2012
    As a big fan of the series I adore this game! :) It's so addicting and I love playing it with my bf. It is so far my goty and we just can't put it down. The level design is beautiful, the music very goth like as you would expect, and the best gameplay in an action RPG to date. While the game does feel streamlined compare to the second everything just works and works well. Everyone shouldAs a big fan of the series I adore this game! :) It's so addicting and I love playing it with my bf. It is so far my goty and we just can't put it down. The level design is beautiful, the music very goth like as you would expect, and the best gameplay in an action RPG to date. While the game does feel streamlined compare to the second everything just works and works well. Everyone should give this game a try. Expand
  31. May 21, 2012
    OK, first off, ignore the bad user review. All of those people are complaining because of DRM, launch day server issues and inferiority for Diablo 2, not to do with the game at all.

The game runs very smoothly, and while the graphics aren't ground-breaking, the effects are nice looking and the game generally looks very good. The sound and the story, and especially the multiplayer functions are also very good.

The game is just fun. while it may not be as in-depth Diablo 2, it's still a great game, with a lot of replayability
  32. May 23, 2012
    This is a casual noobs perspective - I never played previous Diablos. I've cleared Normal in about 25 hours and I had an awesome time. The graphics are great, the cut scenes are extremely good, the scenery is cool. The mob fights can get really heavy and frantic at times. I enjoy the robust auction house. Upgraded gear is available very cheaply so you can control the level ofThis is a casual noobs perspective - I never played previous Diablos. I've cleared Normal in about 25 hours and I had an awesome time. The graphics are great, the cut scenes are extremely good, the scenery is cool. The mob fights can get really heavy and frantic at times. I enjoy the robust auction house. Upgraded gear is available very cheaply so you can control the level of difficulty (get yellow rare gear to your level if you want to make it easier). This game has massive replay value - you're likely going to put in 50 hours just to clear the first two levels of difficulty with one character. I'm surprised that the game feels so different running through the storyline again on the next difficulty level. Mob aren't just a little more difficult overall, they also can come with new abilities that force you to react differently. The last part helps reduce the potential for monotony. I fing the game slightly more difficult when grouping but of course it's more fun to play with others. You can drop in and out of doing things with friends easily and painlessly - even if you're only doing co-op for 5 mins with a friend there's no harm done by leaving (difficulty adjusts automatically based on party size). Other than the first day, I have had no issues logging on. Giving the game a 0 rating for those problems is short-sighted. THIS IS A VERY GOOD GAME. Period. Regarding on-line access for a single-player game, the downside is well documented (read the zero ratings). The upside for me is that I can play on multiple computers easily (which I do). Regardless, not a reason to avoid purchase because the value for $60 is tremendous. PVP has been delayed which I don't have a problem with - my hands are full working on progressing through the difficulty which will take me a while. When PVP arrives, it will feel like a free expansion pack. There aren't many games worth $60, but DB3 is epic fun! I dinged them to a 9 for the initial troubles with servers because I hold Blizzard to a higher standard than others. The game itself is 10/10. Expand
  33. May 15, 2012
    Okay yeah guys I'm pissed about the delay too but in defense of blizzard you can't expect servers not to crash when there are millions of people logging in all at the same time, Disney for example has billions upon billions of dollars yet you have to wait in line just like everyone else. Most of us have waited long all ready I didnt think a few hours extra would hurt but hey, when theOkay yeah guys I'm pissed about the delay too but in defense of blizzard you can't expect servers not to crash when there are millions of people logging in all at the same time, Disney for example has billions upon billions of dollars yet you have to wait in line just like everyone else. Most of us have waited long all ready I didnt think a few hours extra would hurt but hey, when the servers went live I've never been so excited! Expand
  34. May 16, 2012
    Awesome game besides the launch problems. It's has the same addictive feel as the first two games. It's all about that loot and i can't get enough. Goodbye life!
  35. May 17, 2012
    Ignore the low user scores, the majority of players are too busy enjoying this great game to correct the haters who have been trying to destroy the name of the awesome universe that is Diablo 3. Message to haters: Read the minimum system requirements before purchase! Thankyou Blizzard for yet another masterpiece, now it's time for me to log back in!! :)
  36. May 16, 2012
    Excellent gameplay. Score marred by day one problems which Blizzard certainly should have anticipated. The DRM is the same as StarCraft 2 pretty much and it's occasionally frustrating, but not that bad.
  37. May 16, 2012
    The graphics and audio are good, the game is fun to play. The game is well balance and I will replay it Diablo 3 several time like I did for 1 and 2, good job !!!
  38. May 17, 2012
    it's time to stop hype bashing... huge game! dynamic gameplay, mysterious ambiance... it's a worthy successor to diablo 2
  39. May 17, 2012
    Great expectations met! Great game, great gameplay, great cinematics...
    I've been playing beta all along and now I'm so glad to roam Sanctuary again.
    See you in Hell!
  40. May 17, 2012
    People are angry at the bad release day, but it does not mean this game is a 0. Blizzard was not prepared enough on release date, but like most online only games they stabilize pretty quickly. I played Diablo 2 and maxed out a Hammerdin and Blizzard Sorc. Normal difficulty has been made for casual players, but Hell, Nightmare, and Inferno mode ramps up the difficulty considerably. YouPeople are angry at the bad release day, but it does not mean this game is a 0. Blizzard was not prepared enough on release date, but like most online only games they stabilize pretty quickly. I played Diablo 2 and maxed out a Hammerdin and Blizzard Sorc. Normal difficulty has been made for casual players, but Hell, Nightmare, and Inferno mode ramps up the difficulty considerably. You can't even play Inferno mode until you reach the max level. PVP is not implemented yet, and I am hoping with future updates they will provide more content. Graphics are fine, and animations are cool. I do not think Diablo 2 graphics have aged well (I tried playing it again before D3 came out). Diablo 3 took away skill trees and attribute points. I am disappointed about the removal of attribute points, but maybe with the release of PVP they will add more customization. As for skill points..."skill runes will increase the number of skill variations to 6 including the base skill. And as each character class has at least 20 skills, the overall total of skill variations per class is 6^20." So removal of skill points is not that bad in my opinion. If you can look past the horrible release day...overall the game is fun and the game will get deeper in time with patches/updates and people figuring the game out. Expand
  41. May 17, 2012
    First of all, I would like to say that I did not come here to protest (I understand that the many 0 point reviews here are not actually reviews, but rather protests against certain bad design decisions and poor launch circumstances of the game), so I will not factor in the poor game launch conditions in my review (server outages, 37, 75, etc.). It seemed like a rather amateur mistake,First of all, I would like to say that I did not come here to protest (I understand that the many 0 point reviews here are not actually reviews, but rather protests against certain bad design decisions and poor launch circumstances of the game), so I will not factor in the poor game launch conditions in my review (server outages, 37, 75, etc.). It seemed like a rather amateur mistake, unfit of Blizzard, but it's mostly corrected by now (at least I can get into the game pretty much whenever I want, and I don't randomly lose achievements or characters any more). There will also be a kind of duality in my review, because I can't really do justice to the game itself AND the underlying service with a single decimal value.
    With that out of the way, let's get to the core game itself. In a nutshell, I think it's fantastic, and it totally brings to the table what's expected of a Diablo game. I understand why many say that the character building part was dumbed down and made more casual, but I disagree. I agree, that in the first few hours the character progression is very linear and even boring, but after you have unlocked all the skills and a good number of runes, things become much more interesting. There is a lot of possibility for experimentation and customisation in the later parts of the game (nightmare and up), and I think the current slot system can yield much more diverse results than the previous skill tree system. I just like it better, and it's simply not true that there is no depth to it. Furthermore, I felt that Diablo II's stat point system was a sort of a 'there is only one way to do it right' system, and I don't really miss it.
    Graphically the game is OK. It's nowhere near cutting edge, but its not ugly either. The environments are very well designed and diverse, although the whole backdrop seems a bit washed out, bleak compared to the characters and effects on top of them. The sound design and visual effects are brilliant, and the art style is flawless too, although it could have been a bit darker/more grisly in general. Its true that the level design (layout) is missing it's predecessor's procedurally generated randomness, but I think it was worth to trade it in for the more capturing, detailed environments. The random elements are still there in the form of dungeons, events and challenges, and the gameplay is very dynamic and impactful. As far as difficulty goes, I haven't played on nightmare yet, and normal difficulty is in fact a bit too easy, but the way I see it, the more technical/tactical side of the gameplay begins on the higher difficulty levels, and normal mode is more oriented towards experiencing the story and getting used to the gameplay mechanics of your character. But this also means that with each playthrough the normal difficulty is more and more obsolete, eventually becoming a boring chore (as you roll new classes, the only things that keeps you playing through normal are the unique features of your new class, and reaching higher difficulty levels).
    So in a nutshell, the game itself is definitely the king of it's genre in my eyes, and apart from a few flaws and pitfalls, it's nearly flawless. In light of this, the core game gets a solid 8/10 from me.
    But not so the underlying service. The constant online requirement is a draconian DRM, that really only hurts the paying customers, causing only frustration for those who have particularly unstable internet connections and just want to play in single player mode. The real money auction house is a travesty, and I will simply avoid it at all costs. Although I like the AH (the in game currency one), this whole online only scheme seems to be a shameless money grab from Blizzard, and I would have very much preferred a totally separate online and offline experience, with my single player characters on my hard drive, and my single player experience having nothing to do with my ISP, or availability of Blizzard servers. So the underlying Battle.net service for Diablo III gets a shameful 2/10 from me.
  42. May 17, 2012
    Although initially disappointed by server downtimes, I have had no issues since and I find myself really enjoying this game. Even if it has been simplified, me and my friends have already had many hours of fun and It think it will continue. Good purchase.
  43. May 17, 2012
    This is another prime example of how to make a game that´ll addict millions of players worldwide. Though the game is very fun and entertaining to play, it´s easy to find mistakes. D3 is an evolution of D2, exactly like a lot of people wanted it. They took D2 and polished the game, removing some things and improved others. Like the stat trees. A lot of peopleThis is another prime example of how to make a game that´ll addict millions of players worldwide. Though the game is very fun and entertaining to play, it´s easy to find mistakes. D3 is an evolution of D2, exactly like a lot of people wanted it. They took D2 and polished the game, removing some things and improved others. Like the stat trees. A lot of people complained that it was more fun to customize the game that way, but we all know, we´d have the same stats/ optimized stats for every class in the end. The skill tree is so much better. It has a lot more customization and gives more spells at the same time to work with. The interface is nice to look at, but those things were all something we just expected to be there anyway. Leveling... If it aint broke, dont fix it. I honestly think this was a step back. It feels like I´m doing quests in WoW. The game doesnt have the same feeling of freedom as D2 did. You´re bound to following a path and have no options to skip anything, unless you´ve already done it. Boosting also seems to have died with D3, which some might think is good, but I feel like it takes too much time to reach lvl 60. Once you´ve gone through it all, if your friends need you on a new class or you just wanna play something else, you´d want the option to make it fast to the content you wanna be at (inferno, right?). The gameplay. Well it´s almost flawless, except for the few times where a monster's target frame is too big and you cant move your hero. The combat is fluid and for some reason its just so much fun to watch your hero tear through creep after creep. They got it right and they can fix what they didnt. This is the part of the game people are looking for and will be what keeps us playing it for years. A thing I´d like to see implemented is the option to use "WASD". This is mainly for the arena pvp to come, cause it is the best way to move your hero around while having maximum control. They used it in Bloodline champions, so yes it is possible to work very well.

The crafting. Crafting feels boring. You just buy your skill levels. There is no market to sell crafting mats on ah for people to level their profession, which is a missed opportunity. The story is relatively long, compared to most other single player campaigns that are accompanied by a big multiplayer. But it still feels short. It feels rushed. When I played through it, I wasnt trying to guess what happened next, like I usually do. The story didnt really put much effort into getting to know the characters very well. The story and plot had a lot of potential, but missed out. The sound and graphics are great. I see a lot of people complaining, saying the graphics should be much better. But this is a game, that runs so smooth and without any kind of errors, while still looking good. Like SC2, Blizzard delivered a game with rock solid performance. Most of the errors are serverside and will most likely go away with time. Not like Skyrim, which looks good, but the first google result on it is how to fix crash errors. Overall they got the gameplay right and they´ll make a lot of money. The game isn't perfect and a lot of people seem unhappy, but in the end they´ll still be Bli$$ard.
  44. May 18, 2012
    Excellent game. They have reworked all game mechanisms that needed to be reworked and now the game is far better than diablo 2.
    In addition, the level design is just impressive and so beautiful.
  45. May 18, 2012
    I got online at 5am on launch day and I haven't had any problems! I got kicked off once due to a rolling restart, but I know things will stabilize soon.

I'm glad that Blizzard is being careful with this release and making it online only. I loved Diablo II until the cheaters took over and completely destroyed the experience. Not gonna happen with this one!
  46. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the Serious Sam of RPGs. You, the player will be bombarded relentlessly with masses demons, the graphics are pristine and the levels are well designed and variant, the skill system offers multiple combinations (so there always something different to try )and the game play is fluid and exhilarating. However.. You now level up in a predetermined manner, your stats are appliedDiablo 3 is the Serious Sam of RPGs. You, the player will be bombarded relentlessly with masses demons, the graphics are pristine and the levels are well designed and variant, the skill system offers multiple combinations (so there always something different to try )and the game play is fluid and exhilarating. However.. You now level up in a predetermined manner, your stats are applied automatically unlike it 's predecessor Diablo 2. Having to be online to play results in the occasional connection problems

.... So in conclusion i give diablo 3 [ 8/10] ... worth buying but i still prefer Diablo 2
  47. May 21, 2012
    Ok, besides the first day (May 15th), the servers have been great. And as far as I am concerned, the game is awesome. The Barb totally rocks, the co-op is nice, and there are over 1 trillion different builds with runes. I will definitely be playing this game through a few times.
  48. May 22, 2012
    My score has to be 8 (the game is great, but i hope something more from Diablo) but users are so stupid that gives 0 and 0 just for the server error, so my score must be 10.

Great game, thanks blizzard for coming back with Diablo.
  49. May 22, 2012
    As an Avid Diablo fan since the release of the first game. I am pleased with the new skill system, the difficulty and challenge of the final difficulty inferno, fun and the story that Blizzard has provided.

The games lore and story are fantastic, I loved the new characters and the directions old ones have taken. The graphics are beautiful and feel like a breathing painting, the characters, skills are all very well done, polished and fun to use. The game is at the point for me where i am struggling to focus on my build and choose which skills i like most. Gone is stacking 20 points into 3-4 skills and the useless skills i had to use in my trees to get to the one i wanted, gone is the tedious spam into vitality and the few points i needed to assign to other attributes to use items. The auction house is a welcome addition and i find a good part of my time exchanging goods on it as well as trying to find a good price for that all important upgrade.

As a core fan of the games, all the things i loved are back and better - i look forward to many years of Diablo III :)

Whilst the game has struggled in the first week to stand up, I'll gladly give it a week so i do not have to deal with the duping, cheating and various other issues that plagued Diablo II. People do not seem to understand why this game is online only, they think it is because of DRM, it is to combat the past issues that have been so common in the last 2 games.
  50. May 23, 2012
    Am about 21hrs into the game, and am taking my time there is no need to rush on a game like this. I have been playing D2 for quite some time, and I was very excited when Blizzard announce the release date of Diablo 3. So far I say that this games deserves a perfect 10! The graphics a big improvement from previous games, the background, and sound really do stand out. The game does feelAm about 21hrs into the game, and am taking my time there is no need to rush on a game like this. I have been playing D2 for quite some time, and I was very excited when Blizzard announce the release date of Diablo 3. So far I say that this games deserves a perfect 10! The graphics a big improvement from previous games, the background, and sound really do stand out. The game does feel quite simplistic, but that's alright you know what they say "Easy to learn difficult to master. I did have 2x disconnecting problems, and a lag here an there but that's Blizzard, we talking about the game not the franchise. To be honest am not surprise with all of the connectivity issues people were having since D3 is the fastest game sold in 24hrs am pretty sure Blizzard was not prepared for flood of users. Overall am enjoying this game very much, I constantly read bad reviews, but they are ALL based on the Blizzard and NOT the game itself. Expand
  51. May 25, 2012
    I have logged around 65 hours into Diablo III, and while my binging has slowed down, I have yet to lose any enjoyment with this game. The reason I have been slowing down, actually, is because Hell has been giving me a bit of trouble, and I'm giving myself time to work carefully through it.

To start with, many of the systems have improved Diablo 2's archaic design, streamlining the experience and allowing for maximum fun with minimal hoops to jump through. Leveling from 1-60 is done much the same way as 1-99 in D2, by progressing from Act I to Act IV, and then starting Nightmare, and then Hell difficulties to finish reaching the max level. The difference is that Diablo 2 took a massive time investment and a tedious grind to actually achieve the level cap, whereas Diablo 3 allows you to reach 60 after playing through the three difficulties.

This speedier leveling system is mostly because of Inferno, a difficulty tacked onto the end of the game, designed to contain the best loot and the most challenging content. I, myself, have not reached Inferno mode, as I am only halfway through Hell, but I can say that I have heard terrifying things about how intense this new difficulty is. The visuals are crisp and smooth, and my computer can run it on its highest graphical settings without an issue. Skills are a joy to look at, a personal favorite of mine being "Electrocute", which is a wizard spell that is essentially Chain Lightning. The bosses all have interesting designs, most notably the final encounter of Act II, which brings a surprising amount of scale into the battle not seen in previous Diablo games. As always, the end of act cinematics are an absolute treat to behold, and even if you choose not to play the game, you should look them up somewhere to experience the incredible detail. Sound is satisfying, explosions, shattering stone and wood, and the screams of your conquered foes all filling your ears as satisfyingly as can be. The music is subtle at times, but fits the atmosphere as well as can be expected. The voice acting is especially satisfying, and I cannot find a character that speaks any differently than I would expect. The vocal shouts from Diablo 2 have returned, giving access to a quick method of thanking your allies, or calling for retreat, all given at least 2 variations to avoid endless spam of one phrase. Gameplay is, of course, the most important aspect of the game, and it is excellent. Each class plays very differently from one another, in my experience so far, and each have their pros and cons. The ranged classes are much "safer" in their damage dealing, but melee classes take 30% less damage by default to compensate for their playstyle putting them into the thick of things. The progression of skills and gear from 1-60 is wholly satisfying, as you will always be able to find an upgrade with each new level, whether through a drop in your own game, or through a fellow player that has posted an auction for an item you can't live without. The runes, similarly, unlock as levels grow. The game is designed in such a way that you will obtain a new skill, rune, or passive ability at least once with each level gained, so hitting that next benchmark is always a reward. The joy of random loot is a bit of a double-edged sword. Rare items can be either incredible or subpar, whereas the lesser version (Magic, with blue text) can often outdo the higher tier. While this may be frustrating to some, the concept makes it all the more satisfying when your rare item is rolled with your preferred stats in a high value, keeping the loot hunt constantly alive and invigorating. Thanks to the Auction House, even the items that roll stats you do not like can be turned into gold, and thus traded up to gear you would actually like.

There are many, many good things about Diablo 3. The gameplay is quick and rewarding, cutting down masses of demons and zombies as an unstoppable hero never gets old, and while the invincible feeling begins to wear off in Hell and Inferno, it is replaced with the satisfying feel of overcoming a challenging opponent that has a good chance of dropping some fairly stunning loot. I realize that many people are judging the game based on lag, and the always-online DRM, but it is not core to the gameplay, and while some people will see the lag and network issue as a dealbreaker, it can only improve with time, and in a few weeks I imagine that all of the issues can be resolved. I will not give the game a lasting score based on temporary problems, and many of the negative reviews on this site are being posted out of spite.

By no stretch of the imagination does Diablo III deserve a 0, or even a 5, based entirely on its own merits. As it stands, I am giving it a perfect 10, as I have already been given 65 hours of enjoyment, with many more hours to come.
  52. May 25, 2012
    90% of the players low votes are about:
    1_RMAH: We know that there are 2500+ people that don't EVEN know that there are 200+ Sites and forums FOR BUYING diablo2 gear. So NOTHING is changed. You can buy NOW in diablo 3, and you was able to buy ON DIABLO 2 TOO. SAME DAMN THING
    2_Online Only---> You want no hacks? No bots? So this is the only solution. And is not even enough. 3_Servers Down
    90% of the players low votes are about:
    3_Servers Down Launch Day----> Expecting something different?
    4_Same graphics and same as Diablo2---> Is a sequel. Nothing more to say. Graphics is a evolution of diablo2; and actually it is. I admit that the story is a bit short and the graphics is a little bit oldy; and there's my 8
  53. May 15, 2012
    If this is not your first blizzard game, you should have known better. I have never seen a single smooth Blizzard launch. People are giving this game 0 scores while they haven't even played it, they are just raging and spoiled 12 year olds who can't play their game after their day of school, or people acting like them. I have currently played 4-5 hours into the story, and I really enjoyedIf this is not your first blizzard game, you should have known better. I have never seen a single smooth Blizzard launch. People are giving this game 0 scores while they haven't even played it, they are just raging and spoiled 12 year olds who can't play their game after their day of school, or people acting like them. I have currently played 4-5 hours into the story, and I really enjoyed myself, that is what I base my score on. Expand
  54. May 16, 2012
    The game launch had issues. They were annoying. Yet all massive multiplayer games like this have those issues. They will be resolved quickly...and in a year no one will remember. I won't focus on those issues.

The game itself is fantastic - very reminiscent of Diablo II. Much of the game seems to be a shout-out to the first two. I find myself loving the new skill system even though I was critical of it pre-release. The lore is a lot more front and center than it was in the previous entries...but it still doesn't overshadow the gameplay. The graphics could be a little more dark and gritty - but they aren't terrible, and the visuals "pop" in many areas. I wish textures were a little higher quality, but Blizzard wants the game to be accessible to a lot of players.

So far I've gotten to level 21 on a Monk (mid-way through Act II I'm guessing) and I also have a level 10 Barbarian. I haven't encountered any in-game bugs...the only issues seem to be with the servers.

Either way, I highly recommend this game. My one reasonable review won't counter the hundreds of "rage 0 scores", but hopefully someone will read it and realize it isn't as big of a deal as it is made out to be. This game will be played for years and years, one bad launch day should not affect a thing.
  55. May 16, 2012
    Having played D1 and D2, launch night for D3 felt like Christmas morning did when I was 12. I had not been that excited for a game in a long time. I suffered the install and server errors as everyone else, and truthfully, it was not that big of a deal. As of now all of those issues have been fixed, or you can find the info needed on Blizzards support site to get you up and running. I haveHaving played D1 and D2, launch night for D3 felt like Christmas morning did when I was 12. I had not been that excited for a game in a long time. I suffered the install and server errors as everyone else, and truthfully, it was not that big of a deal. As of now all of those issues have been fixed, or you can find the info needed on Blizzards support site to get you up and running. I have a friend that has found out how to run it on Ubuntu already as well. I think the beginning of the game is slow, which if very friendly to new comers to the series. When it comes to customization, there are many ways to make your character feel like your own. At higher levels you have to choose what abilities you will use to bring the pain to the hosts of Hell, so not all Barbarians will be running around with a whirlwind all the time. Plus I love the fact that if I don't feel like some skills are working, I can change it up and figure out what works for me. Customization options are endless depending on the gear you use. If you want to stack an attribute, then level up your blacksmith and make a bunch of rare items until you get what you are looking for, or head to the AH. Who cares if I can't choose to distribute a few "skill points" every level? That just slows down the fun of bashing 20 hellions skulls to a pile of mush. Graphics are a non issue. I have a powerful computer running 2 video cards. The game at max settings is not using all the resources available, but it still looks great. Torchlight's graphics are not spectacular, but they don't need to be for the genre to be fun. I really like the artwork, and environments. The sound does a great job of drawing you in. When I got to act two, I had a feeling of vertigo at first because of the environment, so I think they did a great job there. I do not think the lack of "next generation" graphics is a deal breaker for this game. It is not like they need to be using the latest unreal engine. I have have a Barbarian to level 22, and I can't wait to get back on. I find D3 a more than great title to share the Diablo name. I would not wait for the starter version on this one. Expand
  56. May 23, 2012
    Fantastic game. Beautiful graphics, story, voice acting and gameplay. Less than perfect due to the DRM affecting ongoing gameplay (network lag when I'm playing single player... seriously?).

These zero scores make me laugh.
  57. May 15, 2012
    I'd give this a 10, but the launch problems and mandatory login for single player knocked it down a peg. You can mix and match your skills and runes, so no worries about terrible permanent builds and rerolling as a result. The graphics have a beautiful, watercolor style. Smooth animations, though weapons aren't included for some classes (Monk). Consistent performance from solo to groupI'd give this a 10, but the launch problems and mandatory login for single player knocked it down a peg. You can mix and match your skills and runes, so no worries about terrible permanent builds and rerolling as a result. The graphics have a beautiful, watercolor style. Smooth animations, though weapons aren't included for some classes (Monk). Consistent performance from solo to group play. Grouping up is a cinch, but we're left with decades-old comm choices. Just the same old numpad gestures and chat channels. Solid voice acting and powerful score, though the story is not as important as the rest of the game's pieces. The game started with a stumble, but it feels like smooth sailing now. Expand
  58. May 16, 2012
    I just can't believe what I have to read here! Half of the 0 points reviews seem to be copied off each other. And all the reasons: " I've beaten the game in 8 hours / 4 hours / 3 hours". Are you liars or high? Did you play the starter edition? Even with a twink mage, knewing exactly what to to, I "rushed" Act I in 4 hours. And after that it starts to get hard!

"Unworthy sequel", "lame

"Unworthy sequel", "lame story": Act I alone has more surprises, dialogue and background info than the hole D2! Maybe your memory is a bit blurred. And yes: I played D1 and D2 and loved both.

Technical issues: Come on, it's day one of the most-preordered game ever. Sure, they might have underestimated the mass of players, but they seem to manage now at least halfwy decent. But all the people in the forum crying about fraud, refund and class action obviously never witnessed any launch process.

Graphics: It's an artistic decision, not a technical error! And it is dark, moody and bloody gory, what more do you want? Ultra-realistic chars with bump-mapping and customizable noses and hair? What for? You want to annihilate masses of monsters, not play the Sims! And it looks worse than D2? Get glasses! Did you play it recently?

Pay-to-win: Are you serious? Every jackass in ANY game can buy his way to win. And Blizzard just wants in on the share. And they dont offer any equip on their own, the just let people sell their stuff. No added items, just what was regularly dropped. What is the problem? If uber-item A gets dropped and is sold from player X to Y - what do you care? There will be no eSport PVP. And there will be no "character-selling", so shut up you morons.

Skills, attributes: I don't cry over the old system. Forcing a player to invest another 100 hours, just because he spent some attributes wrong or chose the wrong skills is just cruel and a time sink. If you think, that it is some kind of merit, that's you're problem, but I have a real life and I don't want to waste my time on re-rolling. And D2 had only a few viable builds, which everyone copied off each other. In D3 you can at least experiment without penalty and they kept the interest in every skill alive with the different runes. So every skill has a potential to be used in the endgame, not only a few. SUre, there are no freaky extreme builds possible right now, but in D2 they weren't also until D2X und runewords. Who knows, what Blizz plans for D3X.

DRM: I'm not a fan, but this is the age we live in. Get used to it! At least, the don't mess in your system and kernel layer like EA, but just require online. And yes, it's a coop game! Always was, so grow a pair. And it will put an end to duping and PVP killbots and whatnot. So I am happy about storing my char on their servers. Who needs LAN? Do you seriously want to schlepp everybody's PC into one place like the old times?

Is it divinity in cans? Probably not. Is it a fun and addictive game? Hell yeah! As fun as D2? Equal, if not more for me.

In the end, I would have given it a 9 of 10, but since there are some many unfair 0 out there, just because people are pissed off by technical issues or disappointed by their ridiculously high expectations, a 100 of 10 seems appropriate.

Damn it, reading these reviews really got me worked up, an now it is 5am.
  59. May 15, 2012
    Despite the launch problems which are the source of most people's complaints, Diablo 3 is an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding game that lives up to it's expectations.
  60. lcf
    May 16, 2012
    Played Diablo I and II, and many other hack&slash up to date (including roguelikes, Sacred, Titan Quest, and others), and it's totally awesome. Fun skills, nice customization with runes, can do re-spec any time.

Good boss fights (Butcher is the first worth mentioning) you won't find in any other HnS. And even normal difficulty level can be sometimes challenging, usually when you meet mobs with new mechanics (like wallers).

Plot is not usually most important thing in HnS, but it's here, and it's great, too - as well as very high quality cinematics.

Full 10/10 from me.

PS Yes, release day was a failure when it came to logging in. That's why 10/10, not 11/10 ;].
  61. May 16, 2012
    I just finished the game I can honestly say this game was really worth it. Diablo 3 is really not at all like Diablo 2 and while I do dearly miss such things like the customization of skills and the rune system [for me] is a little bit frustrating since every person can have every skill and such. However, this doesnâ
  62. May 16, 2012
    IDK why everyone is **** I spose you can say launch wasnt terribly smooth, who really would have expected otherwise? Gameplay is simplified... agreed, its more about the combat then actually designing a character. But still the skills work well, the combat is good, they have provided everything I need to in a convienient manner to slay hordes of demons. I dont have to think about things asIDK why everyone is **** I spose you can say launch wasnt terribly smooth, who really would have expected otherwise? Gameplay is simplified... agreed, its more about the combat then actually designing a character. But still the skills work well, the combat is good, they have provided everything I need to in a convienient manner to slay hordes of demons. I dont have to think about things as much as in D2. Kinda suites the semi casual gamer like me who doesnt wanna crunch numbers to gain an edge. Im currently in act 2 cruising through, so it runs the risk of becomming repeditive. Aslong as the difficulty increases it will keep me interested. It is lacking in depth however, I think they over simplified a bit too much, therefore its not a 9 or 10. But for the polish and attention to detail it deserves a decent score. Expand
  63. May 16, 2012
    Generally a perfect Sequel to Diablo II and LoD, although maybe a bit to easy on normal.
    Quite balanced and the random level and events generator seems to do an amazing job. I have finished the game in normal with 2 different characters, and had a quite different experience both times, because of locations that change and new bosses, and events.
    Been a fan since Diablo I and will clearly
    Been a fan since Diablo I and will clearly look forward to Diablo IV.
    It is a crying shame that whiny kids try to boycott the games score because of server issues, I think a game should be judged based on the game, not the server capacity. Should Blizzard have anticipated this ? YES.
    Are we grown ups, who know mistakes can happen ? YES
  64. May 16, 2012
    This game is fantastic.Yes I couldn't log in straight away on launch night,and I struggled the following day,this was a pain in the arse.I hoped it wouldn't happen,but I knew that I had to be connected to play single-player before I bought it.So I sighed and got on with my life for a few hours.And then tried again.Now (just over 48 hours after launch I can log in and play no problems.This game is fantastic.Yes I couldn't log in straight away on launch night,and I struggled the following day,this was a pain in the arse.I hoped it wouldn't happen,but I knew that I had to be connected to play single-player before I bought it.So I sighed and got on with my life for a few hours.And then tried again.Now (just over 48 hours after launch I can log in and play no problems. The game,for me,improves as you play through it.The leveling up process is simple and satisfying.The user interface intuitive and straight forward.The facy people went out of their ways to come here and give the game zero's out of ten is just sad.Games have problems when they launch.Shock horror.Grow up trolls or just **** off,you're just trying to ruin other peoples fun in any way you can.Half of you probably don't own the game anyway,which makes the situation even more laughable. Portal 2 got similarly panned and other excellent games I'm probably aware of.Never played Diablo 2,so have no reference but the game is fluid and fun.Anyone giving less than five probably has a similarly sized **** in inches. Expand
  65. May 17, 2012
    I can easily say is the best game I've ever played. I wasn't phased or outraged by the initial technical difficulties, I expected them as a part of the process. As a lifelong Diablo fan, another day or in some cases an hour or so of wait time here and there are laughable in comparison to the time we've had to weather thus far. The title has fulfilled my hopes and dreams for this series. II can easily say is the best game I've ever played. I wasn't phased or outraged by the initial technical difficulties, I expected them as a part of the process. As a lifelong Diablo fan, another day or in some cases an hour or so of wait time here and there are laughable in comparison to the time we've had to weather thus far. The title has fulfilled my hopes and dreams for this series. I feel very fortunate and honoured to participate in it's advent. My true disappointment lies with the outraged members community, who despite their very loud pointed opinions are the ones who have dropped the ball.

What we've been given here is a beautiful, technically admirable gift. That will provide hours of
    amazement and fun for the next decade.
  66. May 17, 2012
    First of all, I am amazed at how many people are giving this game a 0 because they can't connect.
    How the hell can you expect to be taken seriously by the companies that make these games if you act like a moron who rates the game so low even if you didn't even play 5 minutes of it?
    Or how the hell can you state that this game can be finished in 3 hours? I have currently about 6 hours of game-time and I just finished Act 1 - just goes to show how ignorant people really are.

On with the review:
    If Diablo II for its time was groundbreaking, Diablo III for its time is a breath of fresh air in the pool of mediocre ARPGs.

First of all, the gameplay is quite nice, and it brings enough new things to the table for me to like it.
    Of course Diablo II had a nice gameplay, but seriously - would you rather play puzzle in your inventory? Would you rather spend valuable inventory slots for scrolls of identify and town portal? Those things bothered me a lot in D2.
    Also, the attribute point system is pretty good - let's face it, in D2 99% of us just placed the points EXACTLY the same. How is that any different from having the game place them for you? Nitpicking on something like this really means you are stupid.
    The story is kind of easy to predict, and it just serves as a backbone to the game itself.
    The music is also very nice, I really like the "And the heavens shall tremble" piece and many others.
    Overall?
    I honestly think that the game is worthwhile, even if you are a casual or hardcore Diablo player. It has many interesting mechanics and has certainly evolved compared to Diablo 2.

As a side note, I experienced connection problems on D-Day - but IMO when you don't even play the game then come and rate the game low, it means you are stupid. No, you're not interesting, no you will not get the game for free. Plain stupid.

67. May 17, 2012
    When you say that Diablo 2's graphics looks the same as Diablo 3's?... Either you need to get your eyes check or you need to quit crying that you could not login to the servers on launch. All these negative reviews are completely ridiculous. I read some and it gets boring reading about how you impatient f***ks can't wait to play the game. I waited 2 days to get this game, because i didn'tWhen you say that Diablo 2's graphics looks the same as Diablo 3's?... Either you need to get your eyes check or you need to quit crying that you could not login to the servers on launch. All these negative reviews are completely ridiculous. I read some and it gets boring reading about how you impatient f***ks can't wait to play the game. I waited 2 days to get this game, because i didn't reserve a collectors edition. If anybody should be raging its me not having the damn game at launch and not being able to play with all my friends. So quit your damn crying. Anyway aside from the trolling idiots, the game lives up to the hype. The graphics are really nice, animations are awesome, and it is a huge upgrade from Diablo 2. Everything looks nice and finely crisp. Game play is really fun and it gets even more fun when the difficulty is turned up a notch especially when you are playing with friends. Everything is balanced and really the only disappointed is not being able to pvp yet but thats fine. Plus if this is supposedly "WoW inspired clone" I'd much rather play this than pay $15 a month to fight with pandas...just saying. Anyway like said this game does live up to the hype and is really fun to play. Overall I'm happy that i got my copy of the collectors edition, and the negative reviews are just plain unnecessary and childish. Expand
  68. May 18, 2012
    Good heavens Metacritic reviewers are a whiney bunch. "The launch didn't go flawlessly!" "The servers were down!"

Ugh. Here's the skinny on the game itself, not my whining and crying and giving it a zero because I couldn't log in instantly upon launch. Did you love Diablo and Diablo II? Big surprise, you'll love Diablo III. Chopping and slaughtering my way through enemies with my friends is a blast, and better still, we don't have to fight over loot because of the genius individualized loot in multiplayer. Better still, if you get something nice for a barbarian, yet you are playing a witch doctor, just toss it over to the barb in your group. Better chances for everyone to get loot they like the more people are playing.

The classes each have a fun unique feel with their different sources of magic/power. The rune system is a little disappointing because everyone has access to the same set, however, I find myself switching around and trying new combinations all the time against different groups of foes and depending on whether I am solo or grouped. I know that PvP will add a whole new element to the runes as well.

Knocking a point off for not having PvP on launch, but that just gives me time to get through the first difficulty and get on to the real loot so I can crush my enemies more effectively. Don't listen to the whiners. Diablo III is a good-looking and addictive sequel that is a ton of fun to play.
  69. May 22, 2012
    Writing this review I am around 40 hours into the game, halfway through nightmare difficulty - I feel like I'm ready to review it. I was a teenager when D1 came out and I was blown away by it spending countless hours in the dungeons and hells spawned under Tristram. Diablo 2 was no different for me and God only knows how many nights I spent playing it. I am a long time fan of the seriesWriting this review I am around 40 hours into the game, halfway through nightmare difficulty - I feel like I'm ready to review it. I was a teenager when D1 came out and I was blown away by it spending countless hours in the dungeons and hells spawned under Tristram. Diablo 2 was no different for me and God only knows how many nights I spent playing it. I am a long time fan of the series and I was expecting Diablo 3 with great hesitation - after all can you make a game as good as Diablo 2 13 years later? The answer is simple - Blizzard is a kind of company that knows how to deliver and live up to absolutely crazy expectations... I give this game a 10. And it's not to pump up it's score in view of all the 0 marks given by people pissed off by DRM (I don't question their anger although I'm lucky enough not to have had any major problems apart of initial hours when it was somewhat expected). I give this game a deserved 10 because I haven't had that much fun playing a game for years. Diablo 3 immediately appeals to my nostalgia towards the series reviving all the great memories I have of the previous iterations and yet it brings so many cool new things to the table. The presentation, look and feel of the game are all excellent. Graphics are absolutely beautiful and the landscapes you are going to encounter will leave you breathless. The sound and music suit very well - hellish guitar riffs and ambient music of the desert will make you turn your volume up. The interface is clear, simple and functional. The story is OK, CGI spectacular as always from Blizzard. The skill system is absolutely brilliant - each of your 20 or so skills have several modifier runes often completely changing the skill. The so called Elective Mode lets you mix any combination of those runed skills together which leads to amazing amount of builds... every time you discover a build that works together and pump it up with the right gear it feels like you just invented yet another way to be powerful and is extremely satisfactory. The skill system itself is the big part of the game and one that provides the most fun. It replaced the "gearing game" to some extent - now it's not so much about upgrades of your gear - it's mostly about correct gear for correct set of skills. People see it as "dumbed down" and streamlined, I see it as refreshed and giving the game a whole new aspect. The only negative thing I can say about D3 that it's a bit too short although the replay value is obviously there with increased difficulty levels. I can't wait for the expansion already. So pick your arsenal and start ripping through hordes of demons. If you have a stable connection and patience for occasional down time (which I'm sure will be sorted by Blizzard soon enough) do yourself a favour and buy this game. I guarantee you it will provide you with hundreds of hours of pure fun. Expand
  70. May 22, 2012
    New way for Action RPG, i really tired of clickin on + in my stat, this game have a pannacea with this problem, forget about forum play like what you want and if you can't win some of the enemy, don't go and train another character for this monster pack), just try another strategy.
  71. Oct 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 in it`s base form is troughfuly crafted game. That`s the base to build better loot system, balance, possibilities, fun. You can hate this game if you played Diablo 2, but mostly is because you never understand what Diablo 3 is. And you`re hater of course. But you also can love(!) the game. And thats something what hater never want let go. I love this game to death. I wish itDiablo 3 in it`s base form is troughfuly crafted game. That`s the base to build better loot system, balance, possibilities, fun. You can hate this game if you played Diablo 2, but mostly is because you never understand what Diablo 3 is. And you`re hater of course. But you also can love(!) the game. And thats something what hater never want let go. I love this game to death. I wish it better and glory future. Game it`s funy, epic, with greatly optimized control, combat system, amazing world, atmosphere of battle against evil itself, Also has great interface, item system and easy way to play with friends. And what is absolutely astonishing is creating a builds. I`m absolutely hot about this thing. It`s funny, variable and hard to learn. Expand
  72. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics aren’t the best but they are still great. 8.
    Sound: The sounds good, themes, voice acting. 10.
    Graphics: The graphics aren’t the best but they are still great. 8.
    Sound: The sounds good, themes, voice acting. 10.
    Gameplay: The game is similar to Diablo 2 but with different types of spells depending on the class you choose. The game feels too much of a grind, walk, kill a monster, walk, and kill another monster. As soon as you get to Act 2 it starts feeling like a chore. To hit level 60 you must complete the game on all difficulty settings previous to inferno. After, there are now newly added paragon levels which are just programmed for the dedicated player. I enjoyed the game, it’s something different than what I normally play, but it is very repetitive. 8.5.
    Story: The story is average, I can’t really say much without giving out spoilers. 7.0.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth it, and if you bought the annual pass for WoW like I did, the game is free. 10.
    Overall Score: 8.7 out of 10.
  73. Jan 8, 2014
    Diablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's theDiablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's the whole purpose of the game. Its an enjoyable experience overall when approached without overwhelming expectations. Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    Most of the bad reviews seem to be because you can't cheat through this game or pirate it. Boohoo! Game is great, even with my bad internet connection. Gets a little laggy at times and at first I was a bit disappointed at the required internet connection, but if it stops cheating and pirating of the game I really couldn't care less. Cash auction house is great addition, EQ2 did it for aMost of the bad reviews seem to be because you can't cheat through this game or pirate it. Boohoo! Game is great, even with my bad internet connection. Gets a little laggy at times and at first I was a bit disappointed at the required internet connection, but if it stops cheating and pirating of the game I really couldn't care less. Cash auction house is great addition, EQ2 did it for a few years, and people are going to sell their stuff for real money illegally anyways, so this is an outstanding fix. Quit crying because you can't cheat! Expand
  75. May 16, 2012
    Don''t listen to all of the idiots complaining about the server issues, and complaining that it's not Diablo 2. This game is downright amazing. It offers one of the best SinglePlayer/Co-Op experiences compared to all the crap tha'ts been out this year. The reason Blizzard is making it online only, is so people can't dupe and "cheat" in the auction house. Some people can't understand anything...
  76. May 16, 2012
    The negative reviews of this game are interesting. There are complaints about the story and character customization as if there was a brilliant story and a wide array of character customization in the first two. The Diablo series has never been about story or character customization, it has been about spam clicking your mouse and watching hordes of enemies die as you get loot and level up.The negative reviews of this game are interesting. There are complaints about the story and character customization as if there was a brilliant story and a wide array of character customization in the first two. The Diablo series has never been about story or character customization, it has been about spam clicking your mouse and watching hordes of enemies die as you get loot and level up. In Diablo 2 a player would drop 20 skill points into the same skill in order to maximize its effectiveness. Now, that skill just levels on its own. Blizzard realized dropping 60 skill points into 3 skills for synergy was redundant, and changed it for the sequel. I even saw a complaint about town portal and identify scrolls being removed. You can still town portal and identify all you want, you just don't have to horde scrolls in your inventory now. I saw a complaint about stamina potions. Really? It is really upsetting to some Diablo 2 fans that you have unlimited stamina now? Blizzard essentially took Diablo 2 and streamlined it while preserving the style of game play that kept everyone addicted before. This is a very fun game if you enjoy hack n slash RPGs. If you enjoyed Diablo 2, it's likely you'll enjoy this game...unless you have absurd expectations that include either an identical game with no changes or a game that is nothing like Diablo 2. It seems like the majority of the negative reviews take that extreme. Why is this game not identical to Diablo 2? Why is this game not drastically different than Diablo 2? Blizzard definitely failed to prepare their servers on launch day, but other than that the game plays fine and is just as addicting as the first two. Expand
  77. May 17, 2012
    This is a great game, but it also changes the feel of the Diablo series and I'm not writing about the graphics here, but the way the story is presented (well, I liked it more in Diablo II). As for the game mechanics everything's fine, the battles are more dynamic, more flashy, but it feels like old Diablo (despite the healing orbs and cooldown times for health potions the gameplay seemsThis is a great game, but it also changes the feel of the Diablo series and I'm not writing about the graphics here, but the way the story is presented (well, I liked it more in Diablo II). As for the game mechanics everything's fine, the battles are more dynamic, more flashy, but it feels like old Diablo (despite the healing orbs and cooldown times for health potions the gameplay seems kind of balanced the same way Diablo II was). The normal difficulty could be beaten by a child, I'm looking forward to see it on higher difficulties.
    It's obvious that Blizzard also plays other aRPGs than Diablo, we can see the goblin with treasures (like in Dungeon Siege, correct me if I'm wrong) and some solutions from other games. I liked the way they showed tribute for some other games (e.g. Legacy of Kain - the quest name "Legacy of Cain" and monster called "Raziel). Overall, the gameplay is very good, but sometimes you cannot see what is happening on the screen, it's so fast. 8/10 seems a fair score, hope they'll do an expansion pack and it will go even higher.
  78. May 18, 2012
    The online experience has been perfectly fine the day after launch so any review telling you otherwise is outdated. The game is as polished as you expect a Blizzard game to be and it was definitely worth the wait for me. Both the solo and co-op experience is so fun to do and the online component is very well done. I am liking every bit of this game. The monk is so fast and brutalThe online experience has been perfectly fine the day after launch so any review telling you otherwise is outdated. The game is as polished as you expect a Blizzard game to be and it was definitely worth the wait for me. Both the solo and co-op experience is so fun to do and the online component is very well done. I am liking every bit of this game. The monk is so fast and brutal definitely my type of class. The enemy designs are numerous and the loot plenty. If you like games like this give it a shot. Expand
  79. May 18, 2012
    Amazing and fun! Even for a non-hardcore gamer! I thought I would be playing a demon hunter, but turns out the wizard is very fun. I'm also enjoying playing with friends way more than soloing.
  80. May 18, 2012
    Great game by far. Don't listen to all the haters here who have never even played a Diablo game . The game plays great . The graphics are good and the multiplayer is great. Yes they did change the leveling system in the game and the story is a Tad linear as well but anyone who has played any of the other Diablo games would know all the stories were linear as well. So if you were a fan ofGreat game by far. Don't listen to all the haters here who have never even played a Diablo game . The game plays great . The graphics are good and the multiplayer is great. Yes they did change the leveling system in the game and the story is a Tad linear as well but anyone who has played any of the other Diablo games would know all the stories were linear as well. So if you were a fan of any of the Diablo games Puck this one up and enjoy it. You will be happy. Expand
  81. May 21, 2012
    This game does an amazing job with balancing out 4-players to 1-player and being fair no matter how many people there are. DRM, not a big deal, why buy a multiplayer game if you have no internet connection? no LAN, blizzards lost too much money from LAN to keep it in, its simple business. Story line or graphics to bad, sucks for you cause this game is played to kill random mobs for the funThis game does an amazing job with balancing out 4-players to 1-player and being fair no matter how many people there are. DRM, not a big deal, why buy a multiplayer game if you have no internet connection? no LAN, blizzards lost too much money from LAN to keep it in, its simple business. Story line or graphics to bad, sucks for you cause this game is played to kill random mobs for the fun of it. its takes a game and narrows it down to the basics for max enjoyment. If you don't like it because of b.net connections then give it a couple days if weeks after it came out its still buggy then complain but within its first week its always going to have simple problems and there is no point complaining about it. People had the same reaction to D2 when it first came out and now its treated as a revolution in gaming, i can guarantee that in 5 years D3 will be thought of as one of the best games of its time. only -1 point for minor details in the game that could make it better. Expand
  82. May 17, 2012
    The reviews that have come in so far are awfully repetitive. Like they've all been coached on the same OCD aspie game forum. The game, quite simply, isn't nearly a 3.8. Gamers will literally shoot down anything today, no matter how finely polished and well made. I don't think PC gamers deserve good games anymore. After the fiasco whiny gamers made in the wake of the Mass Effect 3The reviews that have come in so far are awfully repetitive. Like they've all been coached on the same OCD aspie game forum. The game, quite simply, isn't nearly a 3.8. Gamers will literally shoot down anything today, no matter how finely polished and well made. I don't think PC gamers deserve good games anymore. After the fiasco whiny gamers made in the wake of the Mass Effect 3 release, I finally get it; the games will never be good enough. The aspies will always complain. "Not enough ridiculous attributes and skill points for me to obsess over!" "I can't make my character look just like my furry acceptance forum avatar!" "People with lives, jobs and money can afford to participate in auctions that my horded lunch money can't match!"

This is insane. I've played the game as a Barbarian up to level 10 so far and it has been absolute blast. Diablo 3 is just like the old school dungeon crawlers where you just run around smashing skeletons and barrels and boosting your loot. That's it. So your screen isn't almost completely full of little buttons with unique spells or skills or whatever-the-hell. Who cares? It's a lot more fun that way for the rest of us "casuals", or basically 90% of the burgeoning game market.

And guess what? The "consoletards" that prefer a more streamlined, intense gaming experience are not wrong. The "decline" of PC gaming as seen by aspies who prefer clutter and lots of variables to obsess over, can easily be seen as a new era of awesome by those of us who prefer a cinematic experience without a lot of BS.

There are a few things that make me groan: the always-online DRM, the graphics are a little plain. But those things haven't hindered my experience wasting zombies en masse one bit. Get over yourselves, nerds.
  83. May 24, 2012
    This game is beast, most of the bad reviews are from noobs who couldn't get on the first night and nerd raged. I never thought I would find a game that was more insanely fun than WoW but this game is it!
  84. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 got so much love, it's fun. Just few seconds and you are already in action. You can never get bored. The graphic is polished, always a delight of colours and lights. You can choose to level up your crafting skill, but it's not mandatory.
    If there is a little bad point is the chat not visible while not playing. I loved chatting in D2 or WC3 while out of the battle, I don't get why they changed it.
  85. May 16, 2012
    Bunch of whiners. Oh no! The servers are down!!! Why can't I play a game I bought, its my money GARBLEGARGBLEGARBLE. Seriously, 99% of you are retarded. The gaming market has been heading towards consistent on-line play for the past decade, companies like Blizzard enable on-line play mechanics to better the game. Diablo 2 was an absolute borefest in single player, the true heart and soulBunch of whiners. Oh no! The servers are down!!! Why can't I play a game I bought, its my money GARBLEGARGBLEGARBLE. Seriously, 99% of you are retarded. The gaming market has been heading towards consistent on-line play for the past decade, companies like Blizzard enable on-line play mechanics to better the game. Diablo 2 was an absolute borefest in single player, the true heart and soul of D2 lied in its multiplayer, any decent d2 player would know that. All of you look in the mirror and then compare yourself to a piece of turd. Have any of you actually played an MMO on release date? Can you possibly comprehend the amount of effort required in server stability when a smackfest of millions of dip***** such as yourself log in at the same time? There is no true preparation for anything of the sorts unless the actually test it first hand. "But that's what the Beta is for!!!" No you moronic imp, the beta cannot possibly test how millions of players around the world would affect the servers. Do you know how much money blizzard pours into its server architecture? Go look at world of warcraft server farms, then repeatedly smash your head against the wall. Grow up you rats, go off to call of duty or your torchlight. I played torchlight 1 and that game bored me to tears. To those out there unsure about this game, then piss off, leave this game to the true diablo community who have any sense of what a game ''launch'' involves. Name one other company as dedicated as Blizzard in resolving all issues as soon as possible. Name one. Bethesda? Ha, funny. Morons.
    By the way, to the turds saying OMFG D2 was way more L337, no stats OMFGGBWIFE. Shut up, everyone in d2 had the exact same builds over and over again. Its stupid, a waste of time and required no true ''skill'' mechanics. Now you actually need to do **** to survive, crowd control, dps output, tanking, healing, the holy trinity of multiplayer RPG's, finally some tactics involved rather than rolling my head across the keyboard and seemingly ''pwning''.
  86. May 18, 2012
    don't listen to the people giving it a low score the game is excellent just as good as diablo 2 yes there is less customization yes they simplified it but it is still an amazing game that deserves full attention the story is better in my opinion because there is simply more mystery to it its a lot more fun even though you might not be able to create the character you wanted it is still andon't listen to the people giving it a low score the game is excellent just as good as diablo 2 yes there is less customization yes they simplified it but it is still an amazing game that deserves full attention the story is better in my opinion because there is simply more mystery to it its a lot more fun even though you might not be able to create the character you wanted it is still an awesome game 9/10 Expand
  87. May 18, 2012
    =Pluses=
    +Has all the Diablo-y goodness that D2 and D1 had
    +Skills and runes change your character qualitatively +Somewhat more strategic than other Diablo games +Character classes are varied and mostly new +Decently balanced +Just as long as D2 =Pluses and Minuses= +-No skill point distribution +-No locking down your skill choices +-No offline play =Minuses= -Skill categories are
    =Pluses=
    +Has all the Diablo-y goodness that D2 and D1 had
    +Skills and runes change your character qualitatively
    +Somewhat more strategic than other Diablo games
    +Character classes are varied and mostly new
    +Decently balanced
    +Just as long as D2

=Pluses and Minuses=
    +-No skill point distribution
    +-No locking down your skill choices
    +-No offline play

=Minuses=
    -Skill categories are somewhat arbitrary
    -Act 2 is almost a verbatim copy of D2's Act 2
    -Act 1 is similar to D1
  88. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game. Diablo 3 has set the bar once again for the dungeon runner genre. Not only is the click, click, loot mechanics extremely responsive and tight but it's sweeping change in how abilities are unlocks and chosen makes this great innovation to the genre. Going from level 1 - 60 you are given at least 1 new ability to try out at no expense to the player. This allows forAmazing game. Diablo 3 has set the bar once again for the dungeon runner genre. Not only is the click, click, loot mechanics extremely responsive and tight but it's sweeping change in how abilities are unlocks and chosen makes this great innovation to the genre. Going from level 1 - 60 you are given at least 1 new ability to try out at no expense to the player. This allows for customization throughout multiple play-throughs of the game.

The graphics aren't that great but you can make them look significantly better by going to this site and downloading the custom directx 9c shaders: http://darkd3.com If you like dungeon runner games centered around loot and re-playability then Diablo 3 is for you. Did I mention the huge amount of random quests and tile sets used to create unique world locations every time you play?
  89. May 18, 2012
    You can't rate this game based on the servers, that's irrelevant to the actual game and game play. Whether blizz made the servers flimsy and unreliable or not, that doesn't affect the game at all. The game itself, it amazing. I literally sat down to play at 5, and got off at 7 and it felt like 20 minutes. It takes everything great about Diablo 2 and doubles the fun. People complain aboutYou can't rate this game based on the servers, that's irrelevant to the actual game and game play. Whether blizz made the servers flimsy and unreliable or not, that doesn't affect the game at all. The game itself, it amazing. I literally sat down to play at 5, and got off at 7 and it felt like 20 minutes. It takes everything great about Diablo 2 and doubles the fun. People complain about Normal difficult and say the games easy, but I'd like to see your face on the first elite/champion mobs of nightmare. You WILL get destroyed at higher difficulties, and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end. Great game. Expand
  90. May 16, 2012
    Now..I ask people to remember the year of 2000.I want you to remember the difference diablo 2 and diablo 1. I remember my reaction...WTF IS STAMINA? Personaly, i didnt like the attribute leveling, because I mess it up always...Just so happens, that if you want to upgrade your paladin in Travincal,you want fancy shmency armors,but have to drop the dex upgrade.So you get a character thatNow..I ask people to remember the year of 2000.I want you to remember the difference diablo 2 and diablo 1. I remember my reaction...WTF IS STAMINA? Personaly, i didnt like the attribute leveling, because I mess it up always...Just so happens, that if you want to upgrade your paladin in Travincal,you want fancy shmency armors,but have to drop the dex upgrade.So you get a character that drains stamina like crazy,and cannot hit a damn thing.I didnt like the attribute system. i still haven't played the game,but i know it will be epic.I see no reason not to be.You dont need good graphics to have a good game.I dont care about the internet issues.Blizzard will fix it.For all those that have problem with graphics: Please try ABUSE which is an old game, or Master of Orion 2, or X-COM UFO: enemy unknown. Those are game with old graphics but EXCELENT gameplay and still my favorite games. Those people that claim that Modern Warfare or call of duty are good games, are just ragekids. D3 is an old school type of game. If you do not like it, don't buy it. Simple. Cheers Expand
  91. May 16, 2012
    I don't understand how can someone bomb a game with 0's without even playing through it first.
    Always-online DRM? Is it possible you did not know about this? This was known for at least 3 years now, what did you expect?

Personally, I'm playing the game and enjoying it. It has that "Diablo feel" which was, really, all that i required. Only thing I think the game is missing out on is music, though I haven't heard it all so I'm not really credible.
    Gameplay is, once you get to login, fluid and addictive. At least with my barbarian so far. The cinematics are also great and really help with the immersion.

I only made this account after being baffled by this extremely low score and I'm giving it a 10 in attempt to balance things out. Though I might have given it a 10 anyways.

Oh and also, I see people mentioning EA in their "reviews". I guess this only shows how uninformed and non-credible this people are; or should I say, "butthurt" after buying a game without, somehow, knowing you have to be online all the time. I understand the frustration of not being able to log in on the first day, but hell, if you managed to wait 11 years, you can wait for another day or two until things balance themselves out.

Well, this was my first and probably last review, if you can call it that. Now I'll go back to playing this excellent game while you express your inability to login, rather than the quality of the game itself with your negative reviews.
  92. May 16, 2012
    I don't know why people review the server., I just want to point out that the SERVERS are just part of the INFRASTRUCTURE!. It's not the game!.. anyways, The first time I logged in to play, I DID GET ERRORS BUT FOR PATIENCE OF WAITING i got in. I mean come on guys!, you need to expect that launch day means that A LOT of people WILL log in to the servers. Aren't you guys happy that it'sI don't know why people review the server., I just want to point out that the SERVERS are just part of the INFRASTRUCTURE!. It's not the game!.. anyways, The first time I logged in to play, I DID GET ERRORS BUT FOR PATIENCE OF WAITING i got in. I mean come on guys!, you need to expect that launch day means that A LOT of people WILL log in to the servers. Aren't you guys happy that it's out?. It's a good RPG game. I like the graphics but if you compare it to such games like Battlefield 3, it's a whole different story because RPG is different from FPS. Expand
  93. May 16, 2012
    Though the servers have been down for a few hours a day, I've had an immense amount of fun. I am thoroughly impressed by Diablo 3. People who give this a 0 because surprise, surprise, millions of people trying to play one game at one time will not always work. It's really a shame people aren't critiquing the game. Will continue to play for a very long time.
  94. May 17, 2012
    Greeting. I can not say I'm a Diablo fan, but the third little disappoint me in terms of character customization that game. I mean I can not choose how I allocate my skill points on. Otherwise I love it. We started yesterday at 14 to play it and had no problems with connection. I had about about 6 hours of play.
  95. May 17, 2012
    Honestly this game is really good i don't get people who say they don't like it if they don't like Hack n Slash then don't buy the game seriously people should have at least tried the beta before buying the game if they didn't know what was a hack n slash... I do really enjoy the game the fact that you can easily change items and powers without stopping playing is really nice, i do agreeHonestly this game is really good i don't get people who say they don't like it if they don't like Hack n Slash then don't buy the game seriously people should have at least tried the beta before buying the game if they didn't know what was a hack n slash... I do really enjoy the game the fact that you can easily change items and powers without stopping playing is really nice, i do agree that it's sad not to have maximum customization on your character but its just a tinny fact the game stays really good... I haven't had the problem of Error 37 so for my part i would put 9 out of 10 because of the fact that you can't launch the game even the solo mode if you're not connected to the Internet is totally stupid...
    Im going to put 10 because a lot of people are putting very low grades for absolutely no reason and are frustrated of having being touched by the error 37 or not liking hack n slash...
  96. May 17, 2012
    The best hack 'n' slash I've ever played. Really immersive. I don't know, why there's lots of negative comments- IT IS A GREAT GAME! About servers: I don't have problems. Once I can't log into the game, there is no problems afterwards.
    I trully recommend this game, it's perfect!
  97. May 17, 2012
    I don't really understand why everyone hates this game. They fixed a lot of the tedium of d2 while expanding and evolving the gameplay. Skills:
    Yes, you get any and all skills and can swap "builds" whenever - what's wrong with that? If you couldn't people would be crying for dual specs and such. (removes tedium as well...) Good move Blizz. Graphics:
    There are people saying the graphics are
    There are people saying the graphics are too cartoony... All blizzard games are cartoony. It is visually appealing while still conveying some serious epicness. There are people saying the graphics are outdated... Blizzard always makes games that are lower on the graphics end so that more people with a wider range of system specs can play. You don't play a blizzard game for the graphics, you play for the gameplay. SC2 is no graphics prodogy. >.>

Having to play online:
    Ok, this is one of the two issues I have with this game. There should be some sort of offline option where any items you get cannot be sold on the auction house. Not being able to play a single player game, whenever, is pretty frustrating. Multi-player groups, etc..:
    This has been streamlined so much it is glorious! You can join your friends whenever you want, wherever they are within seconds. Admittedly, this makes the single player experience less appealing - simply because of the amount of fun one has playing with friends. Bosses:
    These bosses are similar to WoW. Some may think this is cheating, I don't. Blizzard found something that works well - why change it? Multi-mechanic fights involving learning what animation means what and how to counter it are fun... get over it. A quick list of things that I think Blizzard did very well with. - Rewarding and appropriately epic sound design
    - Most spell animations are pretty and fairly epic
    - Many small side quests/stories/events
    - BEAUTIFUL vistas and landscapes in some parts of the game
    - More interesting boss fights (compared to d2)
    - More interesting hero/elite mechanics (compared to d2)
    - Much better difficulty progression (compared to d2)

Overall, I would give the game a nine, however the online requirement makes me a little bit sad. As such, it will receive an eight. Oh, and don't take the day off to play the release of any online game. There are always a million problems. Why haven't people learned this?
  98. May 17, 2012
    Same old gameplay minus the boring / useless parts (like the useless skill builds and char stats). Godly graphics and audio. The servers are back to normal right now and it will probably only get better.
  99. May 18, 2012
    This game is incredible, ok error 37 at the begining, but now it's ok.
    Thanks you Blizzard for all!! lol 3.8 User score, that's not a score for a game like Diablo 3
  100. May 21, 2012
    This is a perfect sequel. I've been a Diablo fan since its inception so many years ago and have continued playing Diablo 2 of and on through the years until 7 months ago. Diablo 3 meets and exceeds every single one of my hopes and expectations for the game. I have played all 5 characters and each one shines in its own way. The Monk, Wizard, and Demon Hunter, though, are tied for myThis is a perfect sequel. I've been a Diablo fan since its inception so many years ago and have continued playing Diablo 2 of and on through the years until 7 months ago. Diablo 3 meets and exceeds every single one of my hopes and expectations for the game. I have played all 5 characters and each one shines in its own way. The Monk, Wizard, and Demon Hunter, though, are tied for my favorites. The gameplay, visuals, and sound are all remarkable.

The gameplay is simple, elegant, but satisfying. As a dungeon crawler you quickly run through randomly generated corridors blasting monsters to bits and obtaining glorious loot.

The visuals are stunning. At times I find myself standing on the edge of a cliff just marveling at the distant shrines, river, or rainbow. The visual effects of all the skills combines to make a perfect canvas to beat down foes against.

The sound is spectacular! Ambient creepy overtones with perfectly places music over top the splattering and exploding objects and death cries of the monsters. The soundscape is perfectly painted.

And even still, there are so many other loves I have of this sequel that I don't want to get into: shared stash and gold, storytelling on-the-go, skills and runes, crafting...

I love this game. :-)