Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 17, 2012
    I played the game, fully, and I must say that i liked it. Not loved, but liked. Yeah, Blizzard did some stupid things, like a different character customization, but the game was enjoyable, I did. Some might not like the changes, I never said it was perfect, so you might have your reason to hate it, but if you like a good hack and slash, with a good story, a good cooperative play, ecc...I played the game, fully, and I must say that i liked it. Not loved, but liked. Yeah, Blizzard did some stupid things, like a different character customization, but the game was enjoyable, I did. Some might not like the changes, I never said it was perfect, so you might have your reason to hate it, but if you like a good hack and slash, with a good story, a good cooperative play, ecc... then you might like Diablo. I read reviews talking about how they copied the skills from WoW as the worse thing ever happened , but in the end does the name of a skill really matters? Other say that the character customization lacks depth, I say that it does IF you don' t want it to be deep. To be able to change set of skills right before a Boss is a good thing, I suppose, while D2 players had to delete a character whenever their set of skills was wrong, while now the real customization is in the equipment . The gold based auction house is a good (WoW inspired) new feature, even thou the real money one isn' t that good. Pay for win should remain in the free-to-play games, where it belongs. As for the maps, some might complain, but they are randomly generated, so if you play twice the game you'll still find new dungeons, even new secondary quests. In the end the biggest problem Diablo HAD was the massive lag of the 1° day, but that was obvious, and if you really waited till the midnight of the 15, then you are a real fan, or just stupid (I don't mean to offend anybody), because the only thing we knew was that playing on day one was going to be a nightmare.
    Nothing else to say.
  2. May 17, 2012
    First. For all those people hating on the Launch HELL THE HELL DIDNT YOU SEE IT COMING Over 20Million Units Sold even Blizzard couldnt see that coming.

Other then that the game was fine for game play had a good time playing through both Nightmare and Normal Completed Both now time too far for Inferno come on this game has come from 12 years of nothing to just 12 year old crying cause they couldn't login on release it was bound to happen. You ask any diablo fan it is FANTASTIC and for the PvP not on Release they said that over 5 Months ago it was going to be on Release.

Thank you Blizzard for the Lovely title for the next installment cant wait :D
  3. May 17, 2012
    Graphically acceptable - for more experienced fans of the francise it's probably a little bland. The always on line DRM a pain in the preverbial if you know what I mean. The simplified mechanics will appeal to the less experienced and casual gamers, and the younger element of plays who do not rememer the heritage of the Diablo brand
  4. May 18, 2012
    Absolutely love the game. The at-launch issues were far less than I have come to expect with game launches of this scale, by far. Aside from some issues g in during the earliest hours of the launch, I've had zero issues with the game, in over 30 hours of play across 3 characters. The story was predictable, but Diablo was always more about the gameplay, loot drop and lore than mainAbsolutely love the game. The at-launch issues were far less than I have come to expect with game launches of this scale, by far. Aside from some issues g in during the earliest hours of the launch, I've had zero issues with the game, in over 30 hours of play across 3 characters. The story was predictable, but Diablo was always more about the gameplay, loot drop and lore than main storyline. The 5 classes are all great to play, the crafting system adds to the already awesome loot drop system and creates another major gold-sink I always fled diablo needed. I've found that the complaints that others have had about the game are largely unreasonable, and often born of expectations that will never be met by any game. The always on DRM doesn't bother me, really. D3 is, and I believe should be, a social game. Gold selling is going to happen whether Blizzard supports it or not, only this way it's safe and controlled. If you look at D3 as a free to play MMO, with the RMAH being the "premium" paid content, which ultimately is what it comes down to, 99.9% of people's complaints about th game fall through entirely. Honestly, D3 has thus far exceeded my expectations, and I expected this to be one of only two games this year to matter to me. Expand
  5. May 18, 2012
    I avoided most of the server issues by coming to the game late. The game itself still fills like diablo with fast and addictive combat and pacing. Im sure i will be playing it for years to come. However it does feel a little simplified with no attribute and skill points to manually distribute which was part of the fun. Skills unlocking as you level stops the feelingof achievemnt when yourI avoided most of the server issues by coming to the game late. The game itself still fills like diablo with fast and addictive combat and pacing. Im sure i will be playing it for years to come. However it does feel a little simplified with no attribute and skill points to manually distribute which was part of the fun. Skills unlocking as you level stops the feelingof achievemnt when your character gains a level and will probably mean that that each class settles into a a series of cookie cutter options much quicker. Being able to play offline would be a bonus esspecially for those of us with unreliable internet connections. Expand
  6. May 18, 2012
    Just an excellent game, the story is pretty good, the gameplay if you like this kind of games is perfect and it's a real challenge to finish the game !! Some problems the first day on connection but it is ok now and playing on-line is not a real problem really...
    Thx Blizzard !
  7. May 18, 2012
    To me diablo 3 is the best game of the year thanks to its splendid decor these foolproof playability and replayability endless! taste it there, you'll be hooked
  8. May 18, 2012
    Few issues on download and installation but eaisly sorted if you check the forums, excellent gameplay, awesome graphics and a very nice storyline to boot.....best £35 i have spent in a long time ... definitely recomend it for anyone wanting a change/break from your syandard RPG's
  9. May 18, 2012
    Plot:
    Plot:
    So the cool thing about not World of Warcraft 3 is that it follows nicely in the direction of not World of Warcraft 2. I'm not an avid fan on the Diablo series and I only know the vague plot of Diablo 2 however Blizzard have learnt from their story telling mistakes and made the plot of Diablo 3 easy to follow, not in your face obvious and given a medium to learn about what happen in past games (grant it you have to seek out said medium). Diablo 3â
  10. Aug 25, 2013
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. This is my favorite overhead game of all time, yep better than Diablo II in my opinion. This is the best looking games ive ever played. The cinematics the best looking ive ever seen. The gameplay is simply fantastic although gets repetitive later on.
  11. May 15, 2012
    Jogo simplesmente fenomenal, vale cada centavo!!!! O jogo consegui manter seu tom sombrio junto com cores vibrantes, jogabilidade excelente, digno de um jogo da Blizzard.
  12. May 17, 2012
    Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True,Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True, you can't entirely **** UP your character while learning (which honestly was one of the appeals of Diablo 2) but they are only saving you trial and error time. Haters will hate on this review because it's trendy. Haters did hate on this review. Haters gonna hate on this review. Expand
  13. May 15, 2012
    Biggest. Disappointment. Ever. Doesnt even need 150 characters to describe how bad it ruined my day. Very bad. And i am not even mentioning the connection issues. Good job, Blizzard!!
  14. May 15, 2012
    All the reviews on this game are far too extreme for my tastes, so here is my opinion as a first time Diablo player, and as an intelligent gamer, who does not review simply on a server issue.

To begin, I'm going to get the 1,000lb elephant in the room out into the open. The Launch day sucked, plain and simple. Any true Blizzard fan knows they're bad at launching games, so these clearly spoiled and pre-pubescent whiners who are giving a 0/10 are apparently new to Blizzard's way of launching games. The point to be made is that you CANNOT rate a game based off it's launch day. Anyone who does is either incapable of reason, or an entitled brat that the gaming scene is so outrageously composed of nowadays. The "always online" DRM was Blizzard's way of preventing hacking and cheating in order to protect the users of their new "real money auction house", wherein players can sell valuable items for actual cash. While the RMAH won't be implemented for a little while, many people are complaining about the "casualization" of the game. The issue with this feature is really only skin-deep. Blizzard is looking for some extra revenue, and what better way to make it then to take off an "auction list" price out of inter-player transactions? No one truly sees how both Blizz, and the players, benefit from this. Blizz gets profit, and devoted gamers get a few bucks for doing something they love. Now on to character creation and diversity, sadly enough, there's no true individuality to be found in character customization. The only true customization is the WoW-like banner that's attached to one's character. The only problem with that system is that many options are locked, and are unlocked via the achievement system, so you'll have to go achievement hunting in order to get a full customization range

In terms of quality, the game lives up to the Blizzard standard. I played with my graphics on max, and while I wasn't "blown away" by the looks, it still proved to look and sound amazing. I experienced only minor issues graphic wise, but most people will simply overlook, or possibly not even realize the issues. The soundtrack itself is nothing to undervalue, as it's true quality work. A certain "skeletal boss" in the early game has a great song played, and I found myself listening in to hear all the instruments, and I was surprised to hear a guitar in the mix. It was woven so well into the piece that I couldn't he;p but listen intently, even if there was a boss in front of me.

In terms of game-play, there is no better place to look than in Diablo III. As a new fan of the series, I brushed up on my lore before starting the game, and I must say I'm glad I did. The game conveys lore in an easy and fun way, through the use of books, which are read aloud for the player to hear. The reason this works so well in Diablo's case is that you can keep trudging though a dungeon or area, and still be able to listen and absorb the lore. This helps those gamers who like to breeze through the content, while still being cued into the story come end-game time. Overall, this game is definitely worth the money, for both hardcore fans and newbies to the series as well. Once the connection issues are completely sorted out, (which will probably happen within the next few days max) this game looks to be an amazing ending to the Diablo series, and a great game for anyone.
  15. May 15, 2012
    An OK game (When I was able to play it), but installment games should consistently get better, not worse.
    I believe my score of a '6' was fair. The game itself (set apart from server problems) isn't broken or terrible by any means, but based on my expectations (being a diehard fan) I feel it nowhere near delivered the experience I was hoping for.
    No character customization (I.E. skill
    No character customization (I.E. skill trees, stat points) = A step backwards.
    Online only (even single player) (What?! I can only play when YOU tell me I can?) = A step backwards.
    Blizzard releasing an online only game, then completely FAILING at keeping it online, even though they should have known how many people would be playing. (don't ever let Blizzard plan your wedding reception. They'll get 400 RSVP's, and only plan on feeding 150 people). = A step backwards.

Those second 2 points are really 2 sides to the same coin. If you are going to have a primarily single player game be online ONLY, and not really have a single player side, you best make sure it WORKS.
    Maybe something along the lines of a FF14 public apology is in order for your shoddy server planning.
  16. May 16, 2012
    I was a big Diablo II fan 12 years ago, and I have waited for this title for a long time. But after reading all negative user reviews about this game, I almost dropped this much anticipated title. Besides the expected launch day server issues (which I did expected Blizzard to be better about), the biggest legitimate sounding complaints I saw that people were bringing up over and overI was a big Diablo II fan 12 years ago, and I have waited for this title for a long time. But after reading all negative user reviews about this game, I almost dropped this much anticipated title. Besides the expected launch day server issues (which I did expected Blizzard to be better about), the biggest legitimate sounding complaints I saw that people were bringing up over and over were:

1. Streamlined Stat leveling, every character will have the same end build, not as customizable friendly.
    2. Short story game (people claiming the story mode lasting only anywhere from 2 to 8 hours)
    3. Cartoonish art style, not dark fantasy like the previous games were.
    4. Pay to win auction houses cheapening the game.

Well I decided to get the game in the end and see check the validity of these complaints, and let me tell you right now, they are for the most part unfounded.

1. The abilities have been streamlined a bit, in the sense that you can no longer choose which abilities to pick when you level up, and you also do not distribute stat points for your character. I originally thought this would be a big grip for me in this game, cause I loose the ability to focus on particular builds and thus play style. I have found that this is not the case. With each ability came the options of augmenting them with different rune stones. These aren't stat boasting number effects, but legitimate ability changes, I still felt unique playing my wizard class with other wizards in my group, going for a tankier defensive setup with crystal shelled diamond skin, orbiting arcane orbs, and wave of force compared with my friend choosing a artillery striker setup. Throw in the different loots, and even aesthetic clothing dye and banner customization, you can totally feel unique and different if you want to.

2. The short story thing I feel is hands down not true. I am a bit more completionist when it comes to checking all the treasure and breaking all the containers for loot then your average player, but there is no way you will finish this game in less then 8 hours unless you are straight up running from point A to point B without stopping or doing anything in between. I finished Act I and am mid Act II right now, and I have clocked probably ard 12 hours in this game thus far. There is a lot of meat in this game, especially if you are willing to explore a bit.

3. In terms of art, I think Blizzard did not disappoint. I thought it would be a complete WoW fest, it is not. Yes, the characters and world are more exaggeratedly proportioned then representational realism and are more "colorful". But honestly, it did not distract from the experience for me at all. At no time in the game did I go, oh that looks like too friendly or too kiddy for a mature game. There is so much polish in this thing, especially when it comes to visual effects. Enemies will die differently depending on the attacks you used, burning to a crisp when you use lightning bolts, or have limbs and heads fly off when you chop them with swords. Large columns will crumple down when you hit them, dealing damage to enemies, and everything just feels very very smooth.

4. In terms of the real money auction house, I cannot really say cause its not open yet. But its my opinion, that you the player, play this game to have fun. If you want to spend real money to stomp bots and that's how you have fun, fine with me, I will still enjoy the game because the reward is the journey toward achieving self imposed goals. Whether Blizzard is cashing in with this move or not, does not augment or hinder my ability to enjoy this game.

But, don't take my word for any of this, if you are curious about this game, pick up a demo or guest pass or something. Don't take other people's word for it, try it yourself and see. I did, and I am glad I did.
  17. May 18, 2012
    The people that review this game poorly are idiots. The game is fun. Point.
    Does it matter if it's HARDCORE MLG I'M SO COOL? It's fun as hell, simple to get into, has great voice acting, smooth gameplay, pretty good graphics...
    The items are fun to get and the linear story doesn't at all takeaway from the immersive story and gameplay The auction house is cool and easy. I am anxious to
    The people that review this game poorly are idiots. The game is fun. Point.

The auction house is cool and easy. I am anxious to see what happens with the real money currency thing being launched next week.

If you came here to decide whether or not to get this, get it. It's a BLAST to play.
  18. May 18, 2012
    D3 is a fun, beautiful game with an abundance of that Blizzard polish that we've all come to know and love and an incredibly streamlined co-op system that lets you get into games with other people really easily. Yes, the initial launch was horrendous due to login/server issues, but that subsided pretty quickly and things have been very stable ever since. This is a Blizzard game that willD3 is a fun, beautiful game with an abundance of that Blizzard polish that we've all come to know and love and an incredibly streamlined co-op system that lets you get into games with other people really easily. Yes, the initial launch was horrendous due to login/server issues, but that subsided pretty quickly and things have been very stable ever since. This is a Blizzard game that will be played for many, many years to come, so it's a little unfair for people so upset over a few hours of problems on launch day due to the always online feature to rage out and give the game a 0. Expand
  19. Oct 13, 2012
    After 100 hours with my demon hunter i just can say that Diablo 3 is an awesome game that some nerds hate. everything that makes a good game is there but some decisions like DRM or the loot system for lvl 60 players are just crap, i'm glad that blizzard is fixing these issues, when they polish the game we may be can call Diablo 3 one of the best games on pc history
  20. May 16, 2012
    It would take this chance to tell 70% of you to finish the game and then express what you think of it. Otherwise STFU and stop complaining. Buhu the servers are not working.. well you try to host servers in 9 locations and have 3million + trying to connect to them within 20 minutes. Blizzard got the problems fixed within 24 hours it took DICE and EA almost 2 weeks to get BF3 working soIt would take this chance to tell 70% of you to finish the game and then express what you think of it. Otherwise STFU and stop complaining. Buhu the servers are not working.. well you try to host servers in 9 locations and have 3million + trying to connect to them within 20 minutes. Blizzard got the problems fixed within 24 hours it took DICE and EA almost 2 weeks to get BF3 working so Blizzard did a great job.

Buhu there is no offline mode. No there's not an offline mode but there is a singleplayer mode that requires you to be online because of the piracy issue and stat tracking. Blizzard isn't the first to do this DICE did it with BF3 and that game is still a game that you guys gave a high score to. You rate it down because you cant steal it yet? so to summon it up.. It's a freaking fu**ing good game so stop complaining have patience and play the game.
  21. May 16, 2012
    Stunning game, well worth the wait. Nevermind the low review on this page as what they are really grading is the game during it's first couple of days, which has been filled with server problems due to a huge onflux of users. These will settle soon.
    The game itself is awesome. Provides a great combination of customization, difficulty and just pure fun.
    It's also super simple to play games
    It's also super simple to play games with friends or "randoms". Just join their game, while thier playing, or have them join yours.
    I'm currently on Act 2, taking my time exploring. Up until now its great.
  22. May 16, 2012
    everyone here who is saying that this game is bad is just in a bad mood because he is addicted to the computer and couldnt play diablo 3 so he needs to flame. shut up scrubs you got no idea about this game you are just bad players nothing else play wow or whatever u think is worth to play and dont noob around on our awesome diablo 3 servers kiddies
  23. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a pleasure to play, despite the difficulties logging in on release night. While I do agree Blizzard should have planned for the server load, I can accept that there were unforeseen circumstances. The game falls short of a 10 for me due to the inability to play offline. I understand why it is the way it is, but that doesn't change the fact that it just comes off as a way forDiablo 3 is a pleasure to play, despite the difficulties logging in on release night. While I do agree Blizzard should have planned for the server load, I can accept that there were unforeseen circumstances. The game falls short of a 10 for me due to the inability to play offline. I understand why it is the way it is, but that doesn't change the fact that it just comes off as a way for them to make more money off of their real money auction house. Kudos to Blizzard for making a game that is both deep and accessible! Expand
  24. May 15, 2012
    Great game, ignore the loads of people who hate any type of change. It is a worthy successor to Diablo 1 and 2, with better story, gameplay, writing...everything really. Yeah it has launch issues, but so does every major online game, they will be all fine in 2 weeks.
  25. May 16, 2012
    I can be pretty simple about this. It is Diablo and it is from Blizzard. You know they make fun quality games and this one is no different.

If you like the Action RPG genre and dungeon grinders in general then this is the game you want. This and/or Torchlight 1 and/or 2.
  26. May 16, 2012
    Epic Game, Had some trouble on launch, but it's all good now.
    Game is balanced, climatic, cool plot and most enjoyable.
    Graphics create a unique feeling and aren't colourful at all. It's not D1 nor D2, but feels very similar - just like a sequel should. A radical shift in game-play mechanics - self-unlocking skills are a great idea in my book - no more cookie-cutter toons builds - you
    Epic Game, Had some trouble on launch, but it's all good now.
    Game is balanced, climatic, cool plot and most enjoyable.
    Graphics create a unique feeling and aren't colourful at all.
    It's not D1 nor D2, but feels very similar - just like a sequel should.
    A radical shift in game-play mechanics - self-unlocking skills are a great idea in my book - no more cookie-cutter toons builds - you change skills as you see fit. I most sincerely recommend D3 for anyone.
    (Yes, I played all Diablo games, including Expansions, and i see D3 as a worthy, keeping the level of previous parts).
  27. May 16, 2012
    People need to really calm down. There are a ton of 0s and 1s and 2s, scores I would reserve for games which are actually defective and don't work. Yeah I was pissed about launch, that wasn't very good of them, but IMO it shouldn't be considered when you're writing a tantrum review. The graphics aren't anything special, but the art direction is pretty decent. I'm not sure what theirPeople need to really calm down. There are a ton of 0s and 1s and 2s, scores I would reserve for games which are actually defective and don't work. Yeah I was pissed about launch, that wasn't very good of them, but IMO it shouldn't be considered when you're writing a tantrum review. The graphics aren't anything special, but the art direction is pretty decent. I'm not sure what their thinking on graphics was, possibly it was a concern about requirements. Now the key is similarities and differences to d2. The skill system is far more simple which is a shame, since I enjoyed really growing as a character and having the skills stack up. However, this does save me the tens of hours I had to spend reading guides on exactly what skill point allocation you needed to use at every level. This leads to more viable builds, and simpler character progression, but it removes the coolness of things like the hammerdin which took advantage of the stats system to make a spell initially thought to be useless an incredible killing machine. I do like the rune system, which seems like it will allow for some interesting combinations of spells and usages. I think character variety will be mostly about items, and what passives/runes you run with, more than any kind of skill build. The crafting system is intriguing, but I haven't used it enough to comment on how it relates to the endgame. I think the world structure is very similar to Diablo in terms of town and interconnected monster areas. Any complaints of increased linearity I think are due to the fact that you have more story tying together your quests, and actual map marker. You will see a number of people expressing their displeasure by using what I call "review centric cusswords", as in reviews that are their equivalent of cursing out the game; "wow inspired", "linear" "pay to win" etc etc. Is this the greatest game I've ever played? No. Is it a horrible abomination such that diablo would use in his own army? Also no. Since its about impossible to find an unbiasesd review on this page, I would suggest watching gameplay footage and deciding for yourself.

As for you guys writing 0s and 1s, do you really think you're doing anything to the game sales?
  28. May 16, 2012
    Absolutely loving the game!! It takes what was great about Diablo 2 and brings it up-to-date with awesome looking graphics and that hack and slash gameplay that was so fun 12 years ago.
  29. May 16, 2012
    Ok, giving a game a ZERO for having server issues on LAUNCH DAY is ridiculous, you're not a gamer, go cry somewhere else. OK, so I LOVED, Diablo 3. And I'm not a huge Diablo fanboy, I played D2 a bit, never went all the way through it, and it was pretty fun, at least what I remember of it. This time around blizzard stuns with their incredible rendered cutscenes... I really wish BlizzardOk, giving a game a ZERO for having server issues on LAUNCH DAY is ridiculous, you're not a gamer, go cry somewhere else. OK, so I LOVED, Diablo 3. And I'm not a huge Diablo fanboy, I played D2 a bit, never went all the way through it, and it was pretty fun, at least what I remember of it. This time around blizzard stuns with their incredible rendered cutscenes... I really wish Blizzard would make a movie out of their tech, the sheer quality of their cutscenes is amazing. The sound design is great, dungeons feel like dungeons, the voice acting is high calibur, and they even have a great song to listen to while you install the game, very well done Blizz. OK, now for gameplay, the game functions just as you'd think a dungeon crawler would, there's a bunch of different dungeons scattered all over the place and you must "crawl" them to find items, finish quests, etc... This works great, though some of the game is too linear for my liking, the game is fun to play. A little disappointing that there's no offline functionality... What if there's a storm that cuts the internet? Well then you can't play Diablo 3. Some gameplay elements are repetitive as crap, clicking repeatedly to kill people is really annoying, but there's enough variety in enemy types, and bosses to keep you trodding through the game. Though it would be nice if there was more customization... the weapons arent very fleshed out, with just reskinned arms granting different stat bonuses, and you can't customize your own skill trees... with all your abilities unlocking in sequence based on your level, you dont get to choose what to unlock at what time, being an RPG fan I think the ability to spend skill points and the like is a must have, and it was a bad move by blizzard to keep this out of D3. The story is farly interesting, with enough great voice acting to keep you playing through, but hey you can always skip audio and the like if you just don't care. The controls are solid, the game is fluid running at a steady 120 FPS on my machine, and it's addicting as all hell, give it some time when Blizzard works out all the kinks, and you won't regret your D3 purchase. Though being an avid loL player I wanted to remap the right and left click buttons so right was attack and move, while left was my ability... the mapping of the mouse buttons CANNOT BE CHANGED! I also think that's ridiculous. But anyway, grab some friends and diablo the crap out of your PC, it's a funtastic addicting time. Expand
  30. May 16, 2012
    Even though the problems that surfaced during the first hours of the game were huge for a lot of people, I think a fair review should not give them a lot of relevance. From a game life-span perspective, launch day it's a very important day, but it's a tiny percentage of the game experience for it's players.

Having said that, and focusing on the game itself, I'm very well impressed, the

Having said that, and focusing on the game itself, I'm very well impressed, the game is exceptionally polished, game play is super fun, the pace and difficulty is extremely well tuned (being a "regular" player you get to almost dead a lot of times, but always feel you can overcome it if played correctly).
  31. May 16, 2012
    Great Game... Just close enough to D2 to spark up some older memories but still leave you make new ones. Sound/Graphics is great and play is smooth. Have not even touched multiplayer or Auction house yet as I can t get myself away from my quests to even look. Don
  32. May 16, 2012
    Ignore the haters, this game is amazing. Forget those that complain about the graphics, for it's been beautiful drawn and painted if you only stopped for a second to look around. It's like being in a wonderful cartoon. The music is stunning. Sure there were some server and install issues which maybe shouldn't have happened, but they are mostly ironed out now. This is an ONLINE game, withIgnore the haters, this game is amazing. Forget those that complain about the graphics, for it's been beautiful drawn and painted if you only stopped for a second to look around. It's like being in a wonderful cartoon. The music is stunning. Sure there were some server and install issues which maybe shouldn't have happened, but they are mostly ironed out now. This is an ONLINE game, with an ONLINE community and Auction house system, it was never intended to be played offline and Blizzard told you that years ago. If you bought it for single player offline you should have done your research before hand, too bad. The 10-13 million of us that play WoW won't have a problem with that. No character customization -- what do you want to see? When you are armoured up you can see faces, not to mention the fact you can't see faces because the characters are small -- which is exactly why Blizzard removed the customization. As for skill point distribution, Blizzard are getting away from that in WoW, why should that step backwards with their newest game and give you talent trees to fill out when you are just going to go to a website for the "best" build. It's up to you to figure out the best build. At the end of the day everyone looks at the critics scores, not the hater scores. Expand
  33. May 17, 2012
    This game is tons of straight-forward fun - it's actually difficult to pull myself away from it to write this comment. Countless monsters, unfathomable amounts of loot, and a fresh skill system, places Diablo III, like its predecessors, at the summit of hack&slash RPG's. The only reason to be sour about it is if your not part of the action - and believe me, I can imagine how frustrating itThis game is tons of straight-forward fun - it's actually difficult to pull myself away from it to write this comment. Countless monsters, unfathomable amounts of loot, and a fresh skill system, places Diablo III, like its predecessors, at the summit of hack&slash RPG's. The only reason to be sour about it is if your not part of the action - and believe me, I can imagine how frustrating it must be to be experiencing connection problems. Hang in there though, it's well worth it :D Expand
  34. May 17, 2012
    The people who have rated this a 0 without ACTUALLY playing the game should be banned from writing a review. Not only that they should sell the game immediately and not even have the opportunity to play. If you want a unbiased and fair review, this is NOT the place to look for it.
  35. May 17, 2012
    For everyone reading this review, everyone that is whining and crying about how the new style gameplay is horrible, blah blah, no attribute points, etc, there is a reason why its called Diablo 3, and not Diablo 2. Its because its a newer revamped version. Don't like it? Cry about it somewhere else. Don't taint the name of Blizzard just because you can't get on the servers to play the game,For everyone reading this review, everyone that is whining and crying about how the new style gameplay is horrible, blah blah, no attribute points, etc, there is a reason why its called Diablo 3, and not Diablo 2. Its because its a newer revamped version. Don't like it? Cry about it somewhere else. Don't taint the name of Blizzard just because you can't get on the servers to play the game, and especially don't taint the name of Blizzard because you don't like how they make their games. That's like saying, "Hey man! Can I have some of your milk?" to your best mate, then throwing the milk back in your best mates face saying, "Dude, that tastes like Sh*t"

I will admit, the only thing that has slightly unimpressed me so far in this game has been the server unavailability, but that's not forever; in fact, its already cleared up, with some short maintenance breaks inbetween. Good things come to those who wait, and I am sure Blizzard will continue to deliver.

Game-play wise, this game delivers the full hack-and-slash experience that people love, and the classes and amazing. From what I've seen, the "Witch Doctor" class is a must-play if you have a quirky sense of humor. Nothing more funny than watching exploding toads kill minions.

There a plenty of side quests, and the game is very re-playable. About the removal of attribute points and skill points;
    The newer system is a lot cleaner, a lot more easily accessible, and you don't get that moment in battle going "**** **** **** wheres my (insert skill name here)!?!?!111!?one!" moments.
    There are still a lot of skills to utilise and customize between, and they all have their different uses.

Playing fairly casual for a die-hard diablo fan, I've hit level 40 on a Demon Hunter, and like I said, have been impressed by the game so far. I've already said to my mates that I am looking forward to the sequel, Keep doing what you do Blizzard, and don't let these whinge bags bring you down.

Also, as a last note; millions of people have bought this game. Yes, we are all annoyed about server instability, but in case you haven't seen, only 1674 (as of the time that I am posting this review)people have come to meta-critic to badmouth and rant about the game. These are probably the people that wanted something to whine about in the first place, or just aren't getting laid enough! Guess what the other millions of people are doing? Playing the game they bought, and having a smashing time.

Thumbs up Blizzard.
  36. May 18, 2012
    Trollers gonna troll JBC they have to wait for servers to accept the Huge pop of players and there's lag/DC the first few days they're all going to B!tch and complain yet judge the core gameplay mechanics off that illogical reason all these idiots know what to do is complain and develop SN cojones. SPs are stupid you dump on the obvious and a few extra for vitality ooooh so much depth. TheTrollers gonna troll JBC they have to wait for servers to accept the Huge pop of players and there's lag/DC the first few days they're all going to B!tch and complain yet judge the core gameplay mechanics off that illogical reason all these idiots know what to do is complain and develop SN cojones. SPs are stupid you dump on the obvious and a few extra for vitality ooooh so much depth. The "gamers" who complain have zero logos towards their argument other than its DRM which was stated from the start, and if you're too stupid to understand how blizzard would handle DRM you're a complete idiot, Expand
  37. May 18, 2012
    best game i have every played.. well worth the wait
    all the negative reviews seem to mention bugs that were addressed a few days after launch
    Yes there have been server issues because so many people are playing this game.. but that doesn't mean you should give the game a low score - blizzard has been quick to address the server issues..
    i think most of the low scores are just trolls
  38. May 19, 2012
    Having played diablo 1 through diablo 2 and all expansions. I can say that diablo 3 is a true diablo sequel the feel and game play that made diablo great is still there. The graphics are great and the soundtrack is good. This game lives up to the expectations of a true diablo fan and it's a great sequel. The server problems were to be expected with any game that requests a InternetHaving played diablo 1 through diablo 2 and all expansions. I can say that diablo 3 is a true diablo sequel the feel and game play that made diablo great is still there. The graphics are great and the soundtrack is good. This game lives up to the expectations of a true diablo fan and it's a great sequel. The server problems were to be expected with any game that requests a Internet connection to play. Blizzard has good job with fixing most server problems and the game is now enjoyable. Giving this game a bad rating without playing it just cause you can't connect to the server for a small time is not right. Over all diablo 3 is great game that is a true diablo sequel. Expand
  39. May 20, 2012
    I have been a pc gamer for the last 20 years and dungeon crawlers have come and gone.from the earlier diablos to presently torchlight.they all have there own unique feel.All the negative feedback on meta critic scoring this game a zero is an insult to the people that spend a lot of there time making this game for your pleasure.Yes the game had teething problems but they said sorry and II have been a pc gamer for the last 20 years and dungeon crawlers have come and gone.from the earlier diablos to presently torchlight.they all have there own unique feel.All the negative feedback on meta critic scoring this game a zero is an insult to the people that spend a lot of there time making this game for your pleasure.Yes the game had teething problems but they said sorry and I can honestly say I waited until yesterday to purchase the game and everything went swimmingly.no connection issues at all. Diablo 3 is the most fun I've had with a pc game sinces baldurs gate .heres looking forward to many hours gameplay. Expand
  40. May 21, 2012
    Honestly, I dont see what all the fuss is about. This game is exactly what I expected, yea the launch sucked, and yea there were server issues for the first couple of days, but that is all ironed out now, you cant review a game after it has been out for only a day. I have found the game since launch to be incredibly enjoyable. The story was good, the graphics were adequate, and it hadHonestly, I dont see what all the fuss is about. This game is exactly what I expected, yea the launch sucked, and yea there were server issues for the first couple of days, but that is all ironed out now, you cant review a game after it has been out for only a day. I have found the game since launch to be incredibly enjoyable. The story was good, the graphics were adequate, and it had plenty of opportunity to keep playing it. I dont see myself getting bored of this game any time soon, and the co-op mode with friends is pretty amazing. So far so good Blizzard, keep it up. Expand
  41. May 21, 2012
    This is a no spoiler review. First of all, I will start with the bad things. Always online-DRM can get pretty annoying due to constant errors that DC you or won´t allow you to log in. But when I look back, the Diablo II launch was not really ideal either. Next minus is the story. I know this is a game with emphasis on action, but the story is just incredibly predictable. IThis is a no spoiler review. First of all, I will start with the bad things. Always online-DRM can get pretty annoying due to constant errors that DC you or won´t allow you to log in. But when I look back, the Diablo II launch was not really ideal either. Next minus is the story. I know this is a game with emphasis on action, but the story is just incredibly predictable. I like the voice acting, characters, follower stories, but the story in the whole was just too predictable - I am not lying when I said I knew what will happen next all the frickin time. A little bit broken thing are the legendaries in this game. My opinion and I think it was intended to be like this - is that the legendaries should be the most powerful. They are not, many of them are weaker then some blues sadly, hope that will be fixed. I do not really like the idea of the auction house, but that´s just my personal problem. This leads to the next problem - the armor/weapon design is very very poor. The final sets in this game are just plain boring. They don´t really give you the feeling of uniqness and power. Now to the good things. First, I want to give blizzard a big hug for the cinematics. They are just Amazing. The cinematic at the end of the act I just blew off my mind. The soundtrack is not bad, but is often not heard in the battles. But the OST play in the key parts of the game and otherwise works pretty well. The effect sounds are fantastic and the voice acting is in my opinion just astonishing (monk male, greatest quotes). Graphics are great and the gameplay is awesome. I love the rune system and the diablo action style is better then in diablo II. The exploration is highly enjoyable, you can find lore books, beast lore, rare enemies everywhere, as well as big amount of small dungeons, that are scattered troughout the whole world. Achievements are a WoW copycat thing sadly (they are identicalú, but I personaly adore the ach. system (me being PS trophy lover) so I am happy with that. I have not encountered any gameplay wise technical issues, co-op works great and the inferno difficulty is awesome. Which gets us to the great replayibility this game has - if you like item hoarding, this is the game for you, it is basically item porn. Still looking forward to PvP. So my verdict would be 9 out of 10. Minuses are the story, DRM and little fixable game issues. This game was worth the wait. Expand
  42. May 21, 2012
    Isn't it obvious Blizzard toned down graphics, simplified everything, made it linear etc. ON PURPOSE? They're a big company making games to appeal to a large casual/mainstream audience. They need a fanbase that consists more than nostalgic, aging Diablo 2 players. It's not 1998 anymore. For what it's SUPPOSED to be, it's not a bad game at all.
  43. May 22, 2012
    In a lot of ways Diablo 3 has made a lot of improvements on its predecessor. The Pros:

Gradual difficulty: it doesn't get hard really quick, but by the time you get to hell multiplayer becomes much more of a necessity. Great for new players to have fun and it takes little time for hardcore vets to get to the good stuff. Gold and non unique items mean something: In diablo 2 any of the

Gold and non unique items mean something: In diablo 2 any of the items that weren't unique or a part of a set were pretty much junk and gold was pretty much worthless.

The auctionhouse: This is a great element that, although it is pretty norm with MMOs, this is a great addition to the game.

True to the old game: I remember doing baal run after baal run to get to 99. This still has that same feeling, but you don't have to do runs anymore to get to the max level. The Cons:

No offline mode: This is annoying, but forgivable with how widely available broadband is these days.

Feels like its unfinished: with the missing of PVP and the money auction house, it feels like they released it without really being finished. To me this isn't that big of a deal, but I have high expectations of Blizzard and saying we'll release it once it's finished.

4 player max: I miss being able to have up to 8 players in a game. This is a little dissapointing, but not as much as I thought it would.

Overall a very good game, but there are some key issues that doesn't quite make it a 10/10
  44. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3. Full Review + Q&A:
    Video Review: http://youtu.be/0FK6stoo61c?hd=1
    Full Review: http://www.aguilasnest.blogspot.com.ar/2012/05/diablo-3-full-video-review-q-por-ada.html Para empezar es sorprendente el nivel de atención al detalle de cada escenario. Cada objeto, personaje y animación tienen un look sorprendente, pero donde mas se ve reflejado esto es en
    Diablo 3. Full Review + Q&A:
    Video Review: http://youtu.be/0FK6stoo61c?hd=1

Para empezar es sorprendente el nivel de atención al detalle de cada escenario. Cada objeto, personaje y animación tienen un look sorprendente, pero donde mas se ve reflejado esto es en las texturas. Todo lo que tenemos que hacer es tomarnos un descanso de la acción frenética y mirar alrededor, casi parece que estuviéramos mirando el arte del juego en vez del renderizado en 3d del nivel.

Por otro lado tenemos la excelente banda de música que acompaña el ambiente de cada escenario a la perfección. Mas de un veterano se sentirá identificado cuando escuche los clásicos acordes ya vistos en Diablo 1 y 2.
    Hablando de sonido, este es uno de los pocos juegos que me impulso a descargar la versión doblada al Español neutro. Eso viniendo de alguien que siempre prefirió a morir las voces en su idioma original, ya es decir mucho. De seguro algunas voces quizá se sientan un poco flojas, pero nada grave.

Donde realmente brilla el juego es en su sistema fluido de acción de combate. Y seamos sinceros ¿Acaso eso no es realmente lo que todos queríamos?. Puro palo y a la bolsa sin descanso. Es realmente gratificante ver como oleadas de enemigos son reducidas a puré con una simple combinación de click izquierdo y derecho, con la eventual ayuda de nuestras habilidades defensivas -acceso rápido mediante los números 1, 2, 3 y 4 de nuestro teclado-.
    Quizá algunas veces demasiado frenética, pero hey! Diablo siempre fue así para empezar.

En general el juego recibió varios retoques que le dan mas dinamismo y contacto con el resto de los jugadores. Por ejemplo así estemos jugando una partida solos, constantemente vamos a poder ver los logros de la gente agregada a nuestra lista de amigos.

Otras mejoras que vale la pena destacar son:
    *El sistema de pociones fue modificado. A medida que vayamos derrotando "minions" eventualmente estos dejaran caer una poción, que solo con pasar por arriba ya estará cumpliendo con su función de curarnos.
    *Tenemos un sistema de "Checkpoints" que sirve como punto de referencia para revivir en caso de que nos derroten. Algo muy bienvenido que nos ayuda a evitar el largo proceso de volver sobre nuestros pasos.
    *Los viejos mercenarios que servían de ayuda en la campaña vuelven a estar presentes. Sin embargo, cuando estemos jugando con otros jugadores nos abandonaran, volviendo a la ciudad principal.
    Como nota aparte ellos también pueden ganar algunas habilidades.
    *Ya no es necesario gastar plata en scrolls para volver al pueblo o identificar items.
    *Otro dato interesante es que se elimino por completo el uso de las pociones de "mana". Esta ves con cada ataque principal del mouse izquierdo, iremos recuperando la energía necesaria para usar el resto de las habilidades.
    *Algunos jefes finales los dejaran con la boca abierta :).

The minions of hell Grown Stronger.
    Ahora bien, ya hablamos de los puntos a favor tanto en el video como en la parte escrita. Por lo tanto les voy a mencionar los dos factores mas importantes que terminan dañando al juego.

1- Primero y principal: La necesidad y requerimiento de estar conectado todo el tiempo a internet. Así es, por mas que quieran jugar solos van a necesitar a loguearse a battle.net para luego jugar. Como ya dije antes, el singleplayer comparte varias cosas en común con el multiplayer/cooperativo.

2- Por otro lado tenemos el nuevo sistema simplificado de habilidades. Simplificado es correcto, ya que se enfoca mas en el combate, que en estar cambiando habilidades. Si bien podemos seleccionarlas es imposible usarlas en el momento adecuado, debido al gran tiempo de espera entre una y otra.
    Incluso se elimino por completo la libertad que teníamos a la hora de elegir que habilidad. Ahora directamente las desbloquearemos al llegar a determinado nivel, y la única forma de mejorarlas es mediante runas, que curiosamente también se habilitan cumpliendo un requisito de nivel.
    Entonces tenemos la contra de que tenemos menos opciones de personalizar a nuestro personaje mediante habilidades, y a favor que vamos a estar mas tiempo enfocados en el combate. Independientemente de lo ya mencionado, no se confundan, Diablo III es un excelente juego que derrocha calidad por donde lo vean y se ve a lo lejos el esfuerzo en la producción. De una forma u otra van a pasar largas horas pegados al monitor. ¿Y acaso no es eso lo que nosotros, los fans de Diablo, buscábamos hace tiempo?.

PUNTAJE FINAL: 8.0

-AguilaDeAcero.
  45. May 22, 2012
    This game is exactly what i wanted from a Diablo sequel; not really sure what everyone else was expecting or why they're whining like a bunch of little school girls. This game is so much fun to play that is actually hard to put down, kinda like Diablo 1 and 2 were back in the day, coincidence...i think not. So good job Blizzard, keep up the good work! I'm gonna go back to click clickThis game is exactly what i wanted from a Diablo sequel; not really sure what everyone else was expecting or why they're whining like a bunch of little school girls. This game is so much fun to play that is actually hard to put down, kinda like Diablo 1 and 2 were back in the day, coincidence...i think not. So good job Blizzard, keep up the good work! I'm gonna go back to click click clicking away in joyful bliss :-) Expand
  46. Oct 4, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a fun game that lasts a few hundred hours. The reason I'm giving it a 9 is because compared to other loot games I've played, it is the best. Better than Borderlands, Torchlight, and in my opinion, better than Diablo 2, it is the best loot game available right now. On paper it doesn't seem like that should be true. After all, there is very little "actual" content in D3. TheDiablo 3 is a fun game that lasts a few hundred hours. The reason I'm giving it a 9 is because compared to other loot games I've played, it is the best. Better than Borderlands, Torchlight, and in my opinion, better than Diablo 2, it is the best loot game available right now. On paper it doesn't seem like that should be true. After all, there is very little "actual" content in D3. The story is absolutely terrible, level design is average, and there aren't that many weapon/armor portraits. But what made me want to come back is the gameplay. Beating inferno with a wizard is reasonably challenging, and also a completely different experience from beating it with a witch doctor. So even though I ran through the same content, the game still provided new and interesting challenges when I played with a different class. Also, the gameplay (when your internet is working) is absolutely flawless. You will not find a more polished feeling than in Diablo 3.

I also really appreciate the apparent care with which Blizzard has been patching the game. It's already a less frustrating, more interesting game than it was in May, and future patches along with the big pvp patch should make it even better. It would have been nice if some stuff was fixed beforehand, but honestly it's a little unreasonable to expect Blizzard to foresee every balancing issue that has arisen.
    All that said, do not get this game if you play games more for the world-experience or story, because you'll see everything there is to see in 20 hours and it won't even be that great. If, however, you're like me and appreciate gameplay more than anything else, you'll probably enjoy Diablo 3. I doubt it's anybody's favorite game ever, but it's worth $60.
  47. Dec 21, 2013
    Wow! 3.8 user score........ people be raging... Well let me start off by saying that i played this game from closed beta then played it for about 6 months after release, Blizzard did make some bad decisions, with the Real money AH and making it pay to win... but they did learn the hard way it seems, because they are taking it out of the game entirely. I would also like to mention thatWow! 3.8 user score........ people be raging... Well let me start off by saying that i played this game from closed beta then played it for about 6 months after release, Blizzard did make some bad decisions, with the Real money AH and making it pay to win... but they did learn the hard way it seems, because they are taking it out of the game entirely. I would also like to mention that diablo 2 had a lot of flaws in it as well and it was much more popular when LOD came out, Reaper of souls is addressing just about every issue that people below have wined and complained about. Even after all the frustration and let downs diablo 3 today is still a game that i play and have over 600 hours of time logged in and i will continue to enjoy for years to come! Expand
  48. Mar 21, 2014
    When Diablo III first released it was quite a let down. The loot system was broken, it was a slog to level up characters through the far too easy normal and nightmare settings, and the auction house sucked the soul out of what Diablo is at its core. However, since patch 2.0 it's a whole new game. The smart loot system actually drops useful gear that is tailored to your character, theWhen Diablo III first released it was quite a let down. The loot system was broken, it was a slog to level up characters through the far too easy normal and nightmare settings, and the auction house sucked the soul out of what Diablo is at its core. However, since patch 2.0 it's a whole new game. The smart loot system actually drops useful gear that is tailored to your character, the revamped difficulty system lets you get down to the right challenge immediately and many boss encounters have been revamped to add more variation and challenge. This is the Diablo III that should have been released day one. Expand
  49. May 16, 2012
    I have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over theI have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over the other. Unlike most ARPG's the story really interests me and the world has a host of back story that's a joy to discover, the lore is very well crafted. I'd be tempted to give the game a 10, however the always-online aspect slightly tarnishes its otherwise flawless image for me, but this is only a minor issue and I'd recommend the game to anyone. All these negative reviews are beyond me, I've not had a single issue since buying the game, it's so unjustified giving a game 0 because you got an error message, these reviews are meant to be about the game itself surely? Expand
  50. May 22, 2012
    Fantastic game. Great sequel and wrap-up of the Diablo story, excellent gameplay and artistic approach, and definite replayability (if that's a word lol).
  51. May 15, 2012
    Tons of fun, a couple hiccups at launch but a really enjoyable game. I cant wait to bang my head against the wall in inferno. The changes in the skill system are good, saving up points was not a fun mechanic.
  52. May 17, 2012
    This is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, inThis is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, in this modern day, a sequel is no more than an expansion with a high-res texture pack in the guise of a sequel. Since it seems the industry is committed to this formula, here is Diablo III, doing the same things it predecessors did but with a few more features and more glitz. In this sense, it is perfect. However, there was a time where this game would have had to be much more than it is. Expand
  53. May 24, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played a monk until lvl 43 then started a barbarian and got addicted to the game once again, and im for shure gonna lvl my barb to 60 and pass inferno with him.This game would be a masterpiece if not for the online, but its still a really really good game.
  54. May 16, 2012
    Magnificent and marvelous PC exclusive game. Those who are complaining - have a damn patience and get a better internet in 2012.

HL2 launch was much worse but people praise valve anyway. BS.
  55. May 17, 2012
    People rating the game bad just because of server issues are mindless. The gameplay is great, fun, and addicting. Despite the launch issues, which have been fixed, the game it's self is a worthy sequel.
  56. May 17, 2012
    Ok, this is another game downrated by 0/10 f*ggots. I'll tell you what. There's maybe 5-10% games in the world that deserve 0/10 at all and you can see them in action watchin AVGN and other stuff like that. I'm not a casual player, I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing previous Diablos. And guess what? I like the new one. To all you haters, hear me now. You cry because thereOk, this is another game downrated by 0/10 f*ggots. I'll tell you what. There's maybe 5-10% games in the world that deserve 0/10 at all and you can see them in action watchin AVGN and other stuff like that. I'm not a casual player, I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing previous Diablos. And guess what? I like the new one. To all you haters, hear me now. You cry because there are no town portal scrolls and identification scrolls. Well, now you just don't have to buy them every now and again, what you were doing in the previous installments. Cash didn't matter in D2, so you had unlimited scrolls nonetheless. **** graphics? Damn guys, Blizz has never been doing good graphics and those from D2 sucked as well, didn't care. **** artisans? Lol, you really wanna go mining and picking up flowers in Diablo or what? I don't understand all you whiners, it's simple enough for a hack'n'slash to have a system like that. All you gotta do in D3 is clicking from the beginning to the end? Well, I suppose this series was all about that. Auction house is a bad idea? Well, no more O xxx N xxx on the chat, you can buy and sell items instantly. I just don't know if the idea of 15% payment for every transaction is good. If I think that my item is worth 2000, and the guy buys it for 2000, because he thinks as well, why would the system steal my 15% from that? RMAH is the same thing. It's good, mainly because there will be less and less website sellers and those on auction sites. I just don't like the idea that Blizzard is taking 1 euro for every transaction + 15% cut when paying with PayPal. The only drawback that I agree with you is the lack of skill trees and attribute points, but on the other hand... Well, I was playing Bone Necro and I loaded most of the points in energy, so now the game loads them in intelligence when I'm playing my wizard. With necro I was loading points and using only 3 skills. Now there's no points and I'm using more skills. Well, I'll get used to it. Anyways, I really enjoy the game - it's a real hack'n'slash and it lives up to my expectations. Expand
  57. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game indeed. Don't listen to any, so-called, critics, they are frustrated because of connection is needed and other not important things. The playability is excellent, as well as atmosphere and graphics. Blizzard can't make a bad game and Diablo 3 is a proof of this - Diablo 3 is the perfection itself. See you in Hell!
  58. May 17, 2012
    I think it is ridiculous how many bad scores have been given to this exceptional game all because of the DRM and launch day issues. I made an account here for only one reason: to get Diablo III back towards a score of which it is worthy.
  59. May 20, 2012
    Another polished, near perfect game from Blizzard. This is the ARPG genre at its finest. Character customization is more like a sandbox and allows you to experiment freely, the areas are huge, art style is gorgeous, and the music is just amazing. I wish they sold the soundtrack. Really, really fun game. I had login issues the first night but it was to be expected. They had over 2 millionAnother polished, near perfect game from Blizzard. This is the ARPG genre at its finest. Character customization is more like a sandbox and allows you to experiment freely, the areas are huge, art style is gorgeous, and the music is just amazing. I wish they sold the soundtrack. Really, really fun game. I had login issues the first night but it was to be expected. They had over 2 million preorders. After the first night everything was perfect. Expand
  60. May 22, 2012
    good game i am a fan of the diablo series and this is pretty good with new characters and skills. yeah the server was messing up and blizzard is still getting the bugs out but eventually it will stabilize. Id say its worth the $60 just because theres no monthly fees and you will at least get your moneys worth in game play. ive already played over 30 hours total on two characters and itsgood game i am a fan of the diablo series and this is pretty good with new characters and skills. yeah the server was messing up and blizzard is still getting the bugs out but eventually it will stabilize. Id say its worth the $60 just because theres no monthly fees and you will at least get your moneys worth in game play. ive already played over 30 hours total on two characters and its still fun. so i feel i got my moneys worth. Its just a video game they all get boring eventually I dont see why people expected a game that costs $60 to change their lives forever Expand
  61. Sep 28, 2012
    After 200 hours of Diablo 3, I have got 2 sub-60 level Legendary gear drops. I have 2 level 60 characters and 3 more in the 50 levels. It is now that my appreciation for the game begins.

D3 is all about killing bad monsters and looting
  62. May 18, 2012
    I just took down the butcher in Hell mode, so I've run through the game 2 1/4 times, and I must say this is one of the funnest games I've ever played. The new skill system is easy to learn and difficult to master, adding a lot of customization on the fly to use in different situations. The difficulties add SO much replay value, and I can't wait to see Inferno mode. I loved Diablo I and II,I just took down the butcher in Hell mode, so I've run through the game 2 1/4 times, and I must say this is one of the funnest games I've ever played. The new skill system is easy to learn and difficult to master, adding a lot of customization on the fly to use in different situations. The difficulties add SO much replay value, and I can't wait to see Inferno mode. I loved Diablo I and II, and this feels like the logical next step. It's frantic and fun. Ignore the haters, I know I will, but I guess living through Ultima, EQ, and WOW releases has hardened me to login problems. I feel like an old man. YOU KNOW IN MY DAY, you were lucky if you didn't fall through the world until one of the 12 GM's on staff could come get you out. Expand
  63. May 18, 2012
    First of all, I repeat DO NOT listen to any of these NEGATIVE reviews.

First of all, I repeat DO NOT listen to any of these NEGATIVE reviews.

If you notice, all of these NEGATIVE reviews were written when Diablo 3 came out (May 15, 2012). During that time Blizzard was having issues with its online servers, and many of the features such as the auction house were simply not ready yet. Many people couldn't connect or play with each other, and this in effect, caused an uproar amongst gamers EVERYWHERE.

Many of the people who wrote these negative reviews jumped the gun way too early. They weren't reviewing Diablo 3- they were basically reviewing the launch of Diablo 3 along with its share of problems.

Now just let me tell it to you straight. And this is 3 days AFTER the launch.

Diablo 3 is an amazing game. It takes what everyone loved about Diablo 2, and refines it to the point where it feels like a completly re-invented game. The gameplay is well-balanced and addictive. The cutscenes are absolutely gorgeous. The environments are diverse and unique, and the interface is easy to navigate and understand. The thing that makes Diablo 3 one of the best PC games to hit the planet is the fact that is is simply just fun to play. Whether you're slaying demons by yourself, or you bring a couple of buddies with you to tag along.... Diablo 3 is a bloody good time. And in the end isn't that what matters the most?

Now stop reading all of those stoopid NEGATIVE REVIEWS and go buy the game. I promise you that it will be the best $60 you ever spent.
  64. Mar 3, 2014
    As now the reaper of soul update is online, I think this game has become quite good.
    Loot 2.0 is fun, especially the new legendary items are awesome in many ways (e.g. "get your own treasure demon"). Many items have now features which boost skills of the characters, so the right equipment matching your play style got more critical.
    The improved Paragon system also hits a nerve.
    The improved Paragon system also hits a nerve.

overall long time motivation has increased a lot for me.

Online negative points:
    - some achievements have to be done again with ROS.
    - still only 100% online.
  65. May 16, 2012
    Great game! Graphic is neat - not because of high polygons, particle effect and anty-aliasing **** Game looks awesome even on low deails - beacuse o 3d grapics and 2d elemnts - plus brilliant use of perspective. This game wont get old in next couple of years. Gamplay is fun and progresively more challenging. Co-op is a heart of the game, and game forces players to use theri heads andGreat game! Graphic is neat - not because of high polygons, particle effect and anty-aliasing **** Game looks awesome even on low deails - beacuse o 3d grapics and 2d elemnts - plus brilliant use of perspective. This game wont get old in next couple of years. Gamplay is fun and progresively more challenging. Co-op is a heart of the game, and game forces players to use theri heads and tactics often.

Customisation is great, many viable builde, not only 2-3 ways to spend the points to gest best build... And if you get bored - you change it almost instantly. Story wasn't the important part of Diablo 1 & 2 and even hack'n'slash genre - but in diablo 3 the improved it a lot. All dialogs are read by actors, so you wont get lost in the middle of the game. And the story itself is pretty intresting.

I had small amounts of DRM - related problems, i belive they disappear in couple of days. I like the idea of on-line game, taht you can almost instantly join your friends, with real mony AH (which i can pay for blizz games) and the patches - because i belive that blizzard will work a lot to improve user experience. Worth all the money, dont listen to impatient hater kids. I was playnig thidty minutes after midnight (only couple of times had error 37) and no problems after that.
  66. May 18, 2012
    After such a long, long wait Diablo 3 is finally here and I am enjoying my time with it so, so much. It's fast, fun, gorgeous, and everything it sets out to do does it flawlessly. The game had server issues the first day and a half but ever since then it's been flawless. My connection has been perfect and I am already addicted to the game. If you are a fan of ARPG's do not miss this game.
  67. May 22, 2012
    This game is a solid 8 out of 10. Nothing too innovative or amazing in terms of its deviation from Diablo 2. That being said, it is a really good game. To me, it's like having that first experience of playing Diablo 2 again, and I can tell the replay value will be high. The atmosphere is much more similar to the original diablo than D2... the music, the Gothic themes and maturity gives itThis game is a solid 8 out of 10. Nothing too innovative or amazing in terms of its deviation from Diablo 2. That being said, it is a really good game. To me, it's like having that first experience of playing Diablo 2 again, and I can tell the replay value will be high. The atmosphere is much more similar to the original diablo than D2... the music, the Gothic themes and maturity gives it a great feel. The graphics aren't amazing, but it works, anything more would cause lag or require a top of the line PC. It's more streamlined, somewhat more simple but there is a lot of room for having unique builds. I understand from these user reviews that there was a lot of trouble on release, but I bought it a week later and usually play 2-4 hours at a time nearly every day and haven't had a single error or bug. I think some people set their expectations way too high. Expand
  68. May 15, 2012
    Great game, got CE, one of the best games of all time, worthy sequel to Diablo 3. Logged 8 hours of gametime so far and it is amazing. Played the female monk through and really love how unique her combat is.
  69. May 18, 2012
    OK, this is a reworked review from the one I originally posted, although it is still a 10, it is a 10 with much more deserving. Let's begin by putting the horrors of the first two days behind us, and now that we are, for the most, able to login, the game plays very well, with some slight improvement on the latency, it would be fantastic...................Graphically the game is pleasingOK, this is a reworked review from the one I originally posted, although it is still a 10, it is a 10 with much more deserving. Let's begin by putting the horrors of the first two days behind us, and now that we are, for the most, able to login, the game plays very well, with some slight improvement on the latency, it would be fantastic...................Graphically the game is pleasing in the most part, and at some points quite amazing. I game on a 5 year old machine with a trusty old Q6600 cpu at 2.8ghz, just 4GB of DDR2 RAM, and an almost stock 6850 card. I play at 1920x1200 with everything on high but without anti-aliasing. I get 60 FPS pretty much everywhere, with a rare bit of stuttering which players on the very latest equipment are also reporting. I can turn on the AA, but I don't want to push my luck, and the game looks great without it anyway................... As far as audio is concerned, I didn't see much in the way of options for this apart from the usual sliders, I didn't see any settings to accomodate my 5.1 surround headphones, but I'll forgive Blizzard for that..............On to the gameplay. This is pretty much a tried and tested format as far as the basic mechanics go, and anyone who has played previous Diablo games or games like Titan Quest, and other games in the same vein over the years will feel comfortable with the "pick up and play" format that comes with isometric action RPGs........... The encounters in the game are decent enough with a wide variety of mob types, and the random element in the layout of various zones give you a refreshing crawl each time you play through them - and you will want to replay them as with the random layouts come random dungeons with various bosses in most of them. You will need to do these not only for the odd bit of XP grinding if you want to play that way, but also to complete the many, many achievements that come with the game for you to complete...................Last of all the storyline. It's a fairly common story for Diablo games, and your task is basically to destroy the devil to restore peace in the world. The story is told with a lot of panache and style, and you can get a feel for the lore by collecting the various journals lying around which are all fully fleshed out with vocals. Which is a good thing because some of the times you collect them you have no time to read the dialogue with it, and if I did have a gripe with this, then it is the fact that when you pick up a journal, a third of your screen is immediately taken up with the text which is being read out to you, which usually means you have to quickly close it down if you are in the middle of a tough fight...............................So, as far as giving the game a 10 out of 10 goes, well, in this day and age, what does it take to make a game a 10? quite a lot really, and even though the four acts the first time around will give you about 20-30 hours of gameplay for a player who wants to take everything in at a reasonable pace, repeating the game on nightmare and the subsequent crazy difficulty levels will have you coming back for more. Add to this an Auction House for you to trade your unwanted items, or to buy some yourself, provides even more excuses to waste your weekends behing your screen. Blizzard plan to go live with a real currency version of the Auction House in the coming couple of weeks, and you just know there will be people prepared to spend real money for some of the more sought after Legendary Items. So, enjoy the game and make a bit of cash on the side to boot! Lets just hope Blizzard make a few expansion packs like they did with previous incarnations to keep everyone happy..................Diablo 3 is here! It's been 12 years in hiatous, and its great! Go and buy it! Expand
  70. May 15, 2012
    Awsome game! Launch has been a little rough but when I got into the game (about 2 hours later) and started playing I simply counldn't put it down. Might not deserve a 10 but someone needs to weigh up against all these butthurt nerds.
  71. May 17, 2012
    This is just sad; not the game. But these Laymen critics giving D3 0,1,2,3 scores. But you read through them, and i have, not one of them actually rate the game, but rating Blizzard as a company and their shortcomings on the releasedate. "i can't play my game on the releasedate as promised by Blizzard...boohoo..."
    Try rating the game instead, you tool!"
    With that being said; i really like
    Try rating the game instead, you tool!"

With that being said; i really like this game (THE GAME! Not Blizzard). Ok, the story may lack a little something, but that i can look passed! I like the fact, that i don't need to make more than one character of the same class to try out all the skills. I like the newest feature, the auction house, which is playerbased and not a third party based. And the fact that each class has both a male and female hero/heroine.
    The skilltree is gone - lovely! No more restrictions on that part.
    The sound and graphics are beautiful!
  72. May 18, 2012
    I find it very unfortunate that people are using Metacritic as a forum to voice their displeasure over the game's launch day server issues. Shame on you people. Go post on Blizzard's forums or email them and tell them how PO'd you are. This is not the place, we're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME here, not its servers issues (which lasted less than 2 days). The fact of the matter isI find it very unfortunate that people are using Metacritic as a forum to voice their displeasure over the game's launch day server issues. Shame on you people. Go post on Blizzard's forums or email them and tell them how PO'd you are. This is not the place, we're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME here, not its servers issues (which lasted less than 2 days). The fact of the matter is Diablo 3 is an extremely fun, highly polished game that's oozing with quality in all aspects of it's design. Expand
  73. May 15, 2012
    This game doesn't deserves a 3.7, I would say a 7.5/10, people just love to hate everything for no reason, I like how 60% of the people giving a bad review have not even played the game and are just spamming 0's because they can't afford to buy the game or some stupid reason.
  74. May 16, 2012
    This game spooked me like no game since the first Diablo has. The story is epic, the narrative well-integrated with gameplay, which is cutting edge for the genre. I know I'll be playing it for months to come.
  75. May 15, 2012
    Once you manage to log on (the servers are overloaded from demand!) you get to a wonderful co-op adventure with friends that has fantastic story telling as you explore this world in peril. You can make a few different characters but the story is almost exactly the same, just different voice overs/perspective of events. The zones move about a bit each time you play them which is really coolOnce you manage to log on (the servers are overloaded from demand!) you get to a wonderful co-op adventure with friends that has fantastic story telling as you explore this world in peril. You can make a few different characters but the story is almost exactly the same, just different voice overs/perspective of events. The zones move about a bit each time you play them which is really cool you usually find something new or interesting each time (so far) Expand
  76. May 16, 2012
    I'd realistically rate it somewhere between an 8 or 9... I've played about three hours so far and it's very fun. Only got one error 37... Recommended.
  77. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game! Sure, the wait was brutal, but once I got on, I was blown away! Anyone saying that they've beat it in 4-6 hours is trolling you. Same thing goes for people saying it's too easy. They have no concept of the Hell, Nightmare, and Inferno difficulties. Sure, the game is easy when it's on easy mode. My only regret is that I had to work today (it was also a tad too expensive for my taste).
  78. May 16, 2012
    This game has surpassed my expectations. It is gorgeous, sounds great, is ridiculously fun, and infinitely replayable. It is a much better multiplayer experience than D2. I don't know have anything to complain about except how it's going to monopolize all of my limited free time. Server overloads aside, it's been a flawless experience.
  79. Mar 4, 2014
    Since Loot 2.0 this game is cracking good fun. It took a while (perhaps too long) to iron out the creases. The haters gonna hate. But it is now close to perfection. I still can lose hours to it no worries.
  80. May 15, 2012
    Why I do agree the Always On DRM is crap, Diablo 3 itself is a great game. I haven't had a single issue logging in or playing. This game feels much longer than Diablo 2 or 1 and feels much more complex. Take the negative scores with a grain of salt. Yes, every launch has a rocky start.
  81. May 16, 2012
    The game is awesome. I feel enchanted, addicted and not going to have enough of it for a looong time.
    A lot of 0's for 1st day's high server traffic. Today - second day - no problems connecting at all.
    Haters gonna hate..
  82. May 18, 2012
    As a Diablo fanatic I am very pleased with Diablo 3. For all those Trolls complaining about connection issues, please give it a rest. This forum is about the game and not the servers.
    Also, everyone knew about DRM before the game was released! Why are you complaining about it now!
    For anyone who wants to try the game, please read the professional critics reviews and forget about these trolls!
  83. May 18, 2012
    I loved the campaign from the beginning till the end. I don't understand the haters giving this game a 0, only because they can't play now. I also had lots of errors with other games (like Portal 2) but that doesn't mean that it's a bad game.
  84. May 15, 2012
    This game is good - awesome in fact. Everything from the music, animations, story and combat.
    It never made any difference whether you could choose your stats before - why does it now? Weapon choice is amazingly dynamic, likewise with combat.
    Coop play is great and easy to jump in and out of games. My initial drawback was how colourful it was - but as an adult, you tend to get over these things.

Reading most of the negative reviews - most were posted before people even played the game...a useless indication to people wanting to play this game off these reviews. Too many whiny fanboys not getting in 1 second after it's release...but that doesn't do the game justice
  85. May 15, 2012
    The game is great. It is challenging, the story line is good, the cut scenes are beautiful and it is butt-loads of fun. The people who think that their characters are not able to be customized are not educated on the way characterization works in Diablo 3. If you are expecting this game to be EXACTLY like Diablo 2, you might as well just play Diablo 2. This is a new Diablo, and it isThe game is great. It is challenging, the story line is good, the cut scenes are beautiful and it is butt-loads of fun. The people who think that their characters are not able to be customized are not educated on the way characterization works in Diablo 3. If you are expecting this game to be EXACTLY like Diablo 2, you might as well just play Diablo 2. This is a new Diablo, and it is great. Take your nostalgia elsewhere. You can't give a game a bad rating because it wasn't exactly like the predecessor. Also bad ratings because of Blizzard servers has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the actual game. Expand
  86. May 16, 2012
    What? I really dont understand the negative reviews.... I think this is the best Diablo yet and definitely no where near as short as people say it is if you actually do everything
  87. May 16, 2012
    Loved the storyline, loved the characters, loved the ambients, loved the music, loved the cinematics, D2 was a totally awesome game, D3 is going to be a relly good game indeed. The only problem in the first 2 days of playing was the login problem... but it's actually solved.
  88. May 16, 2012
    Fantastic game.
    I don't normally post on any site but someone needs to balance the scores from the idiots giving 0. I have played Diablo 1/2, and I can say this game has the same addictive qualities.... Just five more minutes and before you know it hours have disappeared.
    Fantastic game.
    I played the beta open weekend and found all the classes fun to play and each played differently. I am enjoying the story. I can see why people might knock the graphics but they are still good.
    Logging on - I missed the first 24 hours because I had to work but played 6 hours today with not a single issue.
    DRM - really what is the issue here. In my books Blizzard is one of the few companies that support the PC so if they want to add DRM to protect their millions of dollars of investment so they can keep making PC games then it is okay by me. If you can't get an Internet connection where you live then get a pirate version because then in blizzards eyes you are not a potential customer, as you have no Internet they haven't lost any revenue from you by you getting a pirate version.
    For those of you giving scores of 0 the game hasn't met your expectation, move on and make way for the millions of people that will love this game.
  89. May 16, 2012
    It is a action RPG so pls dont cry that it lacks strategy. Go play Dota or WoW. Don't hare the skill system, after a while you will know how cool it is to play with all the opportunities. You can match your skilltree for every level or even weapon. I love the artwork. I think its a masterpiece. The only bad thing is that you have 2 be online even for singleplayer. But it does not ruin theIt is a action RPG so pls dont cry that it lacks strategy. Go play Dota or WoW. Don't hare the skill system, after a while you will know how cool it is to play with all the opportunities. You can match your skilltree for every level or even weapon. I love the artwork. I think its a masterpiece. The only bad thing is that you have 2 be online even for singleplayer. But it does not ruin the game and the servers are fine. So haters will hate and a lot of them complain that there are no card in a soccer game. Just ignore the and enjoy the awesome game. Expand
  90. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 was made for Pottermore fans. (Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up)
  91. May 18, 2012
    A great stand alone game with an acceptable story and character progression is excellent. The negitive reviews shock me really. But I suppose people can be harsh on just about anything. I loved Diablo 2 and played it untill my fingers bled. I think this is a great follow up. Everything added up perfectly for me. Mowing down hordes of enemies feels rewarding, and the constant progression ofA great stand alone game with an acceptable story and character progression is excellent. The negitive reviews shock me really. But I suppose people can be harsh on just about anything. I loved Diablo 2 and played it untill my fingers bled. I think this is a great follow up. Everything added up perfectly for me. Mowing down hordes of enemies feels rewarding, and the constant progression of items makes this worth playing. hardcore gamers could be detered due to the checkpoint system, but playing on higher difficulties makes this game difficult. Sure, the servers went down, but all games have had rocky issues on release. Expand
  92. May 21, 2012
    Ok so there were some issues with the services in the beginning. But we are talking hours, not days. Slating the game as a whole for that is just outright wrong.

The game is wonderful. I'm having more fun with this game than any other game in a long time. I played Diablo 1, Hellfire, Diablo 2 and LoD when they were released, and I'm totally satisfied with Diablo 3.
  93. May 22, 2012
    This game was fantastic! I can't believe it has such a low rating. I got the game for my birthday and played it a few days after the release and the servers were even running well with 3 computers playing it on my network (ping was usually under 100) so people should stop complaining about that. The game itself had an interesting storyline, amazing new skills and classes and new featuresThis game was fantastic! I can't believe it has such a low rating. I got the game for my birthday and played it a few days after the release and the servers were even running well with 3 computers playing it on my network (ping was usually under 100) so people should stop complaining about that. The game itself had an interesting storyline, amazing new skills and classes and new features which enhanced the game. Some of the things I was a little disappointed about at first because they were different from the first 2 games but once I got over that I actually liked the changes they made and might be annoyed when I don't have these new features in the older games. Expand
  94. Feb 12, 2013
    If I walked into this game with expectations based on Blizzards earlier titles I would probably give this a 3. The singleplayer campaign is kind of boring and you can predict a lot of it. The re-run to get to the harder difficulties did feel like a chore at times. I really like the loot however, I like the player base (run in ignore everyone kill and run out). The game didn't feel thatIf I walked into this game with expectations based on Blizzards earlier titles I would probably give this a 3. The singleplayer campaign is kind of boring and you can predict a lot of it. The re-run to get to the harder difficulties did feel like a chore at times. I really like the loot however, I like the player base (run in ignore everyone kill and run out). The game didn't feel that randomized to me as well, it did feel like I was playing the same game all three times I played it. The point of these games is the loot and what you can do with it. Blizzard nailed that IMO. Expand
  95. May 15, 2012
    Lived up to every expectation i had. Amazing game. Played diablo 2 for like 7-8 years and really think its and improvement to the series. Gl hf playing it :)
  96. May 15, 2012
    All these people rating it a 0-2 are ridiculous. Sure the DRM and always online thing is silly. But lets get to the real meat of the game. I was lucky and was able to log in around 5AM and have been playing it since. It took me a good 6 or so hours to beat Act 1. I don't understand these "cartoony" graphics. It doesn't look like WoW, look at a screen of WoW and then Diablo 3, then look atAll these people rating it a 0-2 are ridiculous. Sure the DRM and always online thing is silly. But lets get to the real meat of the game. I was lucky and was able to log in around 5AM and have been playing it since. It took me a good 6 or so hours to beat Act 1. I don't understand these "cartoony" graphics. It doesn't look like WoW, look at a screen of WoW and then Diablo 3, then look at a screen of Diablo 2. And tell me what it looks more like. Ya it looks more like Diablo 2. What a bunch of cry babies PC gamers have become. Once the server issues get fixed this game will be perfect. I find it ironic that people complaining about cartoony graphics then say, "I'm going to buy Torchlight 2." Really guys, Torchlight is more cartoony then WoW. Get over yourselves. Expand
  97. May 15, 2012
    I'll bet anything that 9 out of 10 people who gave this game a 0 are back playing right now. Sure it could've been better, but hey this is what it is. So why not make the best of it.
  98. May 16, 2012
    I love the atmosphere of the game. The action is fast paced and feels great. It starts a bit slow when you only have a couple of skills to use, but it really opens up once you start getting the meat of your abilities. Rune system is great. A skill you thought was useless before becomes a must have when the right rune opens up.
  99. May 16, 2012
    Extremely addictive...almost like D2 - whitch is great! Yes, i had connection issues, but once i got in the game, i could stop playing. IT IS ALMOST THE SAME GAME AS D2...so... 9/10 :)
  100. May 16, 2012