4.0

1. Apr 5, 2014
    However this game may be considered a failure by most hardcore Diablo fans, I think the new direction and feel really makes the game better for modern audiences. People don't like change. If we wanted the same game as Diablo II we'd end up making another COD franchise with the exact same thing every time. All the negativity and arguments aside, I really enjoyed my play throughs of thisHowever this game may be considered a failure by most hardcore Diablo fans, I think the new direction and feel really makes the game better for modern audiences. People don't like change. If we wanted the same game as Diablo II we'd end up making another COD franchise with the exact same thing every time. All the negativity and arguments aside, I really enjoyed my play throughs of this game. The changes Blizzard has made since release, really adds more playability and fun to the game. I consider this a worthy successor to Diablo II, however most people won't agree with me. Perhaps that is because despite playing all of the Diablo games, I started with Diablo III first. Expand
  2. May 18, 2012
    Great game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complainGreat game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complain about stuff like that have never really had real issues in their life. Expand
  3. May 15, 2012
    Exelent game, but kids should learn how to wait for something, how to fix their crap PCs to avoid errors, and how to calm the **** down when Blizz having a maintenance.
  4. May 15, 2012
    This catastrophic pile of **** made me rage so hard that I killed my roomate. I'm serious, he's dead. This game is called Diablo because it was made in hell, where Lucifer and Hitler collaborated on this **** of sadness and unbridled **** They're literally laughing at me while torturing innocent souls. What in the absolute **** I think blizzard hates me. They took my money and now they'reThis catastrophic pile of **** made me rage so hard that I killed my roomate. I'm serious, he's dead. This game is called Diablo because it was made in hell, where Lucifer and Hitler collaborated on this **** of sadness and unbridled **** They're literally laughing at me while torturing innocent souls. What in the absolute **** I think blizzard hates me. They took my money and now they're all driving away in their flying Yachts laughing so hard that their dicks have now inverted. They have inverted dicks. Seriously. I can't even duel my friends in game. Are you ****ing kidding me? Some **** ass noob will think he's on MY level, because I can't put him in his place. Do you even care about my feelings, Jeff Blizzard?! DO YOU?! I was in act 1 and some **** hacker just spawned 13 diablos and teabagged my corpse until I had to remake my character. SEriously, it's THAT broken. I also accidentally rolled a female character. This level of blasphemy left me gasping for air. I almost died. It was ****ed. This game is ****ed, I hate it. Monks don't even use their weapons. **** it all. The greeks invented anal. Expand
  5. May 15, 2012
    Really fun game. Ignore the troll reviews, this is a great addition to Diablo franchise. Some of the best game play and story telling I have ever seen in a game!
  6. May 16, 2012
    Wonderful game ! Long time expected and finally here ! Great fun ! Just some traffic jam at the authentication server but the game worths the wait !

The universe is still great, the lore has been renewed... Enjoy !
  7. May 15, 2012
    diablo 3 has been a game that's been one of the very closest things to my heart,its made me feel great,infuriated,and its made me laugh,if this game didn't exist, i'm not exaggeratng when i say i would have commit suicide,its what has kept my heart beating, its what gave me heart and soul,the beutiful art, the insanely amazing story,the adventure,and how you bond withdiablo 3 has been a game that's been one of the very closest things to my heart,its made me feel great,infuriated,and its made me laugh,if this game didn't exist, i'm not exaggeratng when i say i would have commit suicide,its what has kept my heart beating, its what gave me heart and soul,the beutiful art, the insanely amazing story,the adventure,and how you bond with your friends and other characters. it just gives me sadness, anger, and happines.thank you blizzard,for your magnificent masterpiece. Expand
  8. May 15, 2012
    Fantastic, nothing short of incredible design and development. There are the many aspects of the game that improve on mechanics from the previous title Diablo 2:LOD
  9. May 15, 2012
    Seriously? Stop trolling the reviews. Diablo 3 is a very solid game with great gameplay, great graphics, great sound, etc. Yes, there is an issue with the login servers. It should be fixed soon. By tomorrow or the day after, will you even remember the issues? As soon as they fix the issue (aka as soon as they don't have 2 million people logging on at once), you'll be fine. Until then, justSeriously? Stop trolling the reviews. Diablo 3 is a very solid game with great gameplay, great graphics, great sound, etc. Yes, there is an issue with the login servers. It should be fixed soon. By tomorrow or the day after, will you even remember the issues? As soon as they fix the issue (aka as soon as they don't have 2 million people logging on at once), you'll be fine. Until then, just find something else to do. Expand
  10. May 15, 2012
    I felt the need to write this because of how many trolls and haters there are. They're being completely unreasonable and just want to vent on the internets. I have played up to what I think is almost the end of Act 2 and I'm absolutely loving this game. The combat is so satisfying, the story is engaging, the graphics are great (I'm a graphics whore). The graphics aren't perhaps theI felt the need to write this because of how many trolls and haters there are. They're being completely unreasonable and just want to vent on the internets. I have played up to what I think is almost the end of Act 2 and I'm absolutely loving this game. The combat is so satisfying, the story is engaging, the graphics are great (I'm a graphics whore). The graphics aren't perhaps the absolute best they could be, but I don't even care because it has an awesome style that almost looks like it's been hand painted. The art style of the game is great. The GUI, like all Blizzard games, is fantastic. There were server issues at first. It took me 1.5 hours just to be able to log on. That was frustrating, but now that it's working, the game is amazing. Can't wait to try co-op, PvP and the Real-money auction house. Don't listen to the idiots giving this 0 or 1, the game is amazing. Expand
  11. May 15, 2012
    Beware of TL2 and hater Trolls that try to make D3 less than what it is, a great game!!!

D3 surpasses D1 and D2 in nearly every way with nostalgia blinding many fans.The rest of the negative trolls are pissed off because the D3 servers are down due to insane demand and bug fixes on day 1!!! Gamers are laughs!
  12. May 15, 2012
    Story was amazing, and just enough change to make it interesting. I do NOT factor launch issues into the score as every online game has them. People need to suck it up and deal with that part. Someone said the game is short...but I felt D3 was longer than D2 and much more of a challenge. D2 was a cake walk and the acts were over in a gust of wind. This game has such a rich story comparedStory was amazing, and just enough change to make it interesting. I do NOT factor launch issues into the score as every online game has them. People need to suck it up and deal with that part. Someone said the game is short...but I felt D3 was longer than D2 and much more of a challenge. D2 was a cake walk and the acts were over in a gust of wind. This game has such a rich story compared to the others and it keeps you actually involved in it. The game feels like Diablo with some no twist "quest/ability system" But overall, i am in love with the game personally :D Expand
  13. May 15, 2012
    Disclaimer: So far, I have played over 7 hours straight, without a hiccup or bug to speak of. Now, I'm not saying others haven't run into issues, but for me, my experience has been stellar. And frankly, considering it's day one of a major launch, there is no way any reasonable and sensible individual would downvote the game for that. Anyone who's been gaming (PC gaming specifically) forDisclaimer: So far, I have played over 7 hours straight, without a hiccup or bug to speak of. Now, I'm not saying others haven't run into issues, but for me, my experience has been stellar. And frankly, considering it's day one of a major launch, there is no way any reasonable and sensible individual would downvote the game for that. Anyone who's been gaming (PC gaming specifically) for any significant amount of time knows that launch days are *always* a mixed bag with server issues, bugs, and various trial-and-error shenanigans. I have been a PC gamer for decades. I have never seen a smooth, pristine, bug-and-issue-free launch. Never. Now on to the important stuff.

If you enjoyed Diablo (I did), Diablo II (I definitely did), or just enjoy ARPG's in general (if only there were more), Diablo III is a wonderfully refined addition to that genre and retains its crown. While some people feel "streamlining" is a tool of the devil (heheh)--and I agree it is often used as an excuse for developer laziness--it isn't always a bad thing. I personally feel that the D3 team struck the appropriate balance. The game is easy enough to get into if you've never touched a Diablo game in your life (or any ARPG), but for veterans willing to dig a little deeper into the mechanics, there is a depth and wealth of customization available to you. I have found the customization is just as, if not much more, deep than in the previous two installments. I know some will crow with laughter over that and point to the removal of attribute points as evidence of some sort of "dumbing down"...but I would point out that the combination of reprioritizing stats, return of socketed items, and the insane amount of skills per class, enable the player to take customizing their character far beyond anything Diablo II could hope to achieve while still creating a unique and viable build.

I also find the story to be told far better than in Diablo II and you can tell that the D3 team definitely made it a priority to ramp their effort up in that department. This is a welcome change; not only do you get improved hack-and-slash-and-looting enjoyment but you can now pair that with improved storytelling. I feel a lot more drawn into this Diablo's world than I did in either the previous games.

Overall, I feel it will be a comfortable glove for most Diablo veterans while bringing enough newness to the table to make it a worthy successor to the Diablo line. I also feel little need to return to Diablo 2, save for nostalgia's sake, as Diablo 3 delivers on that experience and then goes above and beyond. And most of all, this game is FUN. In all caps. So I heartily recommend this game for hack-and-slash ARPG aficionados, Diablo fans, and anyone wondering just what the big deal is with this Diablo thingamajig. 9/10 (no such thing as perfect imo), looking forward to hopefully many expansions. Let the slaughter begin!
  14. May 15, 2012
    There is so much flaming about this game it is disgusting. There are launch hiccups like every other online game. However, the hours I have played have been incredibly enjoyable. The entire game is a modernized version of the franchise, with the writer of D2 writing the story of D3. I cannot say much about the story at this point but after playing D2 for the past few weeks, D3 is a breathThere is so much flaming about this game it is disgusting. There are launch hiccups like every other online game. However, the hours I have played have been incredibly enjoyable. The entire game is a modernized version of the franchise, with the writer of D2 writing the story of D3. I cannot say much about the story at this point but after playing D2 for the past few weeks, D3 is a breath of fresh air. Expand
  15. May 15, 2012
    Ok, so this ticks me off a bit. First off, Diablo 2 was amazing, now they release this game that is supposed to be really good, and from what i have played, it IS. Its pretty amazing actually really fun and awesome. But, the first day EVERYONE got on, so the servers couldnt take it and crashed, now everyone is REALY pissed because they had to do maitinence, does no one in this worldOk, so this ticks me off a bit. First off, Diablo 2 was amazing, now they release this game that is supposed to be really good, and from what i have played, it IS. Its pretty amazing actually really fun and awesome. But, the first day EVERYONE got on, so the servers couldnt take it and crashed, now everyone is REALY pissed because they had to do maitinence, does no one in this world have patience? Your giving a GREAT game a bad rep because of one mishap and its fixed now, just play the game. Game= 10/10 Fans= 0/10 Expand
  16. May 16, 2012
    The game is close to excellent. I don't need the perfect graphics, modern technologies or something outstanding. All I need was at Diablo. The only problem makes me sad is Battle.net connection required to play. I prefer to have a standalone offline version that has no dependence from outer servers.
  17. May 16, 2012
    Great game, after the first hour of launch with everyone in the world trying to log in, access & gamepaly was flawless. I actually prefer the art-based graphic style that still looks good years later (ie D2) instead of the trend to hyper-realism and the uncanny valley.
  18. May 16, 2012
    I am giving this a 10 because of the preposterous amount of people rating D3 as a 0 just because they haven't been able to log onto the servers yet. Disgusting. You people need to sort your lives out way more than Blizz needs to sort out their servers.
  19. May 16, 2012
    After a few frustrating attempts to play immediately after launch, I've now played about 10 hours of Diablo III, and it is really fantastic. The game is easy to pick up, difficult to master, and impossible to stop playing! Once everyone calms down about the rough launch, Diablo III will be a clear contender for 2012 Game of the Year.
  20. May 16, 2012
    I believe this game to be rated about to be about and 8, however i am rating a ten because of the unfair judgement this game has been given. A 3.5, in absurd. If this were the first game of the series, all the nerd boys (and girls) would raving about how great this game is. A large portion of complaints come from the game being online only. We're at a point where damn near everyone hasI believe this game to be rated about to be about and 8, however i am rating a ten because of the unfair judgement this game has been given. A 3.5, in absurd. If this were the first game of the series, all the nerd boys (and girls) would raving about how great this game is. A large portion of complaints come from the game being online only. We're at a point where damn near everyone has internet. If you don't have internet, it's probably because you haven't paid your bills and shouldn't be buying new games. Now once you accept the fact that it's online only and most everyone has internet all the time on their computer, you'll realize that you can see your friends online and your friends can see you online. This allows you to instantly jump in and play with your friends. Have you ever been to a LAN party and had this happen? "Well i'd host the server, but greg and steve can't connect to me, but if greg hosts I can connect, but joe can't. But if joe hosts every can connect." You spend so much time figuring out who can join who. Blizzard is the server, everyone can connect to it without issue.( Except right now )

The visual could be somewhat darker than they are, but they are still great.

I will agree that some things in the game have been dumbed down, but a lot of those dumbled down things really were just ways to prevent you from being able to play the game. For example, after 4 hours of game play, I didn't have to identify one item. So that means i don't have to buy a ton of identify scrolls once i get back to town and manually identify each item while my friends stand around and wait for me. Town portals don't need scrolls. Those scrolls were cheap and wasted inventory. Honestly, there are only 3 features that make this game easier. Teleporting to your friends from town, check points when you die, and not dropping all your items when you die. I would like to see check points go away and items dropping at later difficulty, but its not that big of an issue. Complain once you think inferno is easy.

The skill tree and points system is gone. The vast majority of players likely looked up online where they should put their stats. So most everyone followed the "optimum stats" build. Powers are unlocked at levels. I don't know about other people, but almost everytime I unlocked a power, I was like, "That's awesome!".

But.. but.. the servers won't log me in. Deal with it, it's a game. Blizzard will fix the issues quickly. Take a shower and go get some fresh air, maybe a sandwich too.

Diablo III isn't the best game ever, but its fun. Accept it as a fun game, because once you do, you'll enjoy it.
  21. May 16, 2012
    This is supposed to be a review of the game, now how they botched the launch. The launch was pretty bad, but the game is fantastic. Yes they did away with the skill trees and instead gave you WAY more options. Character customization is really not that complicated if you take the time to, ya know, read. They took out most of what was annoying about D2 and left all the demon slaughtering fun!
  22. May 16, 2012
    Personally, I think all the negative reviewers are going too far. This is Diablo 3, not Diablo 2. Blizzard never promised Diablo 3 to be identical to its predecessor and they just wanted to make the game more open to players new to Diablo by simplifying the skill system. Sure, it's a downgrade but there are many casual gamers out there that aren't used to something like this. These changesPersonally, I think all the negative reviewers are going too far. This is Diablo 3, not Diablo 2. Blizzard never promised Diablo 3 to be identical to its predecessor and they just wanted to make the game more open to players new to Diablo by simplifying the skill system. Sure, it's a downgrade but there are many casual gamers out there that aren't used to something like this. These changes were already shown in the beta and the developers talked about them already. Expand
  23. May 17, 2012
    O jogo pode não ser perfeito, mas esta longe de ser ruim. Ã
  24. May 17, 2012
    Ok, I will admit I only played Diablo 2 a limited amount, and am far less hardcore about PC gaming then most. Yes the game has become far more streamlined, yes there were issues at launch. Those who are disappointed, I get it, but instead of giving it a zero which it clearly does not deserve, give it an appropriate score for an underwhelming sequel but a capable standalone game. somewhereOk, I will admit I only played Diablo 2 a limited amount, and am far less hardcore about PC gaming then most. Yes the game has become far more streamlined, yes there were issues at launch. Those who are disappointed, I get it, but instead of giving it a zero which it clearly does not deserve, give it an appropriate score for an underwhelming sequel but a capable standalone game. somewhere between a 5-7 depending on how much haterade you had that day. It's an enjoyable game that isn't perfect and is plagued by corporate greed for sure. New players are going to be incredibly turned off by the 3.8 gamer review score. Rather then throwing a hissy fit for the developers not giving what you expected, appreciate it for what it is, a fun, engaging, if rather strait forward, hack and slash with some customizability with an interesting story. Not to mention it has the wonderful ability to be updated and changed. If you're unhappy, rant about it with a purpose so maybe some things will be changed. Expand
  25. May 19, 2012
    This is a great action RPG. Here is why it is good: 1) Gameplay: The gameplay is fast and easy to pick up. There is a strategy involved and you don't have to be a complete toolbag about micromanaging all of the stats for your character. 2) Setting: The creators of this game have kept to the same kind of setting you found with the first game. Its dark and oozes with character like noThis is a great action RPG. Here is why it is good: 1) Gameplay: The gameplay is fast and easy to pick up. There is a strategy involved and you don't have to be a complete toolbag about micromanaging all of the stats for your character. 2) Setting: The creators of this game have kept to the same kind of setting you found with the first game. Its dark and oozes with character like no other game world I've known. The graphics are fantastic as well. 3) The Classes and the Loot: I really like the classes Diablo3 has. Sure, you get the classic Mage, Archer, Warrior type classes but these classes just look really cool and the armour sets are so varied it is insane. It take a lot for me to give a game a 9 but I am really enjoying it. The only thing I would complain about is that it is a very non-open world, but this is really just sticking with the same formula from past Diablo games. Also, in past Diablo games the dungeons were randomly generated which I thought was cool and added to the re-playability. I honestly don't know what all of these haters are thinking. The game is fun, stop nit picking and just chill and play the game. Blizzard has done a wonderful job with the game...video game expert and newbies can play this game which is really great from a marketing standpoint and makes it fun for everyone. Not everybody is a 16 hour a day WoW player, give me a break. Expand
  26. May 19, 2012
    So many people say "pay to win" yet the real money auction house isn't even in the game yet...I mean that is someones sad attempt at coming up with a reason to hate a popular new game.
  27. May 21, 2012
    This game being my first endeavor into the Diablo universe, or even a blizzard game at that, I was fully expecting some pretty complicated menus and stat spreads or whatever the hell those things are called. I am not in any respect a casual gamer, and though I may piss some hardcore RPG players out there, I found the the streamlined game to be very helpful in getting me to feel prettyThis game being my first endeavor into the Diablo universe, or even a blizzard game at that, I was fully expecting some pretty complicated menus and stat spreads or whatever the hell those things are called. I am not in any respect a casual gamer, and though I may piss some hardcore RPG players out there, I found the the streamlined game to be very helpful in getting me to feel pretty badass from the get go. I did not get the game the first day and have not as of yet experienced any online connectivity problems due to the server being over-loaded. I want to go play Diablo very soon so BOTTOM LINE: It is a very fun game that is streamlined for new players, which understandably pisses off the vets. Although it should be more complicated with a little more customization options, the gameplay itself is absolutely outstanding. I mostly play an 360 hooked up with an HDMI, and I am a prissy little **** when it comes to graphics, but I found myself not really giving a **** about this game's graphics because of the sheer fun I was having. This is the first game to take me away from Skyrim for a bit (but **** the world when Dawngaurd comes out.) I did not give it a perfect 10 because ....well holy **** I can't think of a reason not to give it a perfect 10. You can dye your armor, that's enough customization for me. Please pardon the ****ing swearing. Expand
  28. May 21, 2012
    PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING A BAD REVIEW!

So it has been 11 years since Diablo II. Blizzard took longer than it needs and Diablo 3 is not perfect, but it does set a new standard for RPG. Constant Connection: ok, not everyone is happy with this. Some people still doesn't even have internet or very slow one. But if by doing this, it creates a fair and none-hackable environment then I'm
    PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING A BAD REVIEW!

Constant Connection: ok, not everyone is happy with this. Some people still doesn't even have internet or very slow one. But if by doing this, it creates a fair and none-hackable environment then I'm willing to live with it.
    Skill set: this is awesome! Setting the skill table like this, players can create a bunch of combinations as the style they like and don't need to waste money or coin or reset their points. Good Job! but I expect more choices and unique gameplays, either a new character or 2nd rune level.
    Graphic: not the best but it can be played by regular computer or laptop so you dont need highest quality graphic card. Should have an option for higher resolution for hardcore players. Auction House: I don't like rich kids get to pound ass but it is a choice. Honest players should be able to make money for their hard work. People says Blizzard trying to make money out of this but I don't see how since the money goes straight to another player and they don't sell coins for US $. The transaction fees is transaction fees, lol, for paypal and the people work in it. Others: No more identify and portal scrolls, omg, yes! Fun with friends, yes! A massacre bloodbath, yes, but more nasty, more blood and more creepy please! 9 out of 10, it's really good but can be improve. Thank U Blizz.
  29. May 21, 2012
    What happened to the good old days when you could enjoy a game for what it is instead of hating it for what it isn't. I judge a game by how fun it is and for me this game is a blast. I grew up with the diablo series and this game fits right in. Is it perfect, no, but everyone needs to quit hating. The world is so negative now days. Try and have some fun.
  30. May 22, 2012
    10 Reasons Why Diablo 3 is 10/10 (in no particular order)

1. The game feels very similar to Diablo 2. If you are one of the millions of people who LOVED Diablo 2, you will LOVE Diablo 3. 2. The skill system has been vastly improved. Gone are the days where you either play one of four cookie-cutter Hell-beating builds or die instantly. Instead, players can switch skills on the fly and
    10 Reasons Why Diablo 3 is 10/10 (in no particular order)

2. The skill system has been vastly improved. Gone are the days where you either play one of four cookie-cutter Hell-beating builds or die instantly. Instead, players can switch skills on the fly and thereby try different combinations of skills for different encounters. This adds a strategic element to the game, but it also just makes the game more fun to experience since you won't be spamming one skill for thousands of hours.

3. The game looks amazing. It may not look as polished as Skyrim or Witcher 2 on first glance, but Blizzard knows that the devil is in the details. The movements of the characters are smooth and seamless. Skills are impressive to behold. The environments are interactive and the 3D rendering adds considerable depth. The result is a game that may not boast the best screenshots but offers some of the most visceral and epic battle sequences ever created.

4. The new crafting system ensures that grinding will yield adequate rewards (at least so far). One of the biggest downsides of Diablo 2 was the dependence on getting lucky drops. The new crafting system allows you to salvage pretty much anything and turn the materials into high quality weapons and armor that actually compete with the random drops.

5. It is easy to join forces against the Prime Evils! It takes all of one click to join a friend's game and take up arms against the forces of Hell. Sure, it is nice to be able to fly solo, but this game is much more fun with a group of friends, and Blizzard has made it easier than ever to make that happen.

6. This game is worth buying just for the experience of playing Act 3 and Act 4. I will refrain from spoiling it for those who have not had the pleasure, but Blizzard really finishes the game with a bang!

7. The cutscenes are AWESOME... so is the sound!

8. By offering hardcore mode and the Inferno difficulty, the game should please serious gamers and grinders.

9. On the flip side, the game has much to offer to the casual gamer. I feel that casual gamers get drowned out in the forums, but I would wager that the vast majority of the players currently enjoying themselves in the world of Santuary have yet to beat the game on Normal. They are pacing themselves and enjoying every minute of it! The beauty of Diablo 3 is that you can have a blast playing for 10 hours OR 10 minutes... in both cases you are killing demons and finding items. As a person with a demanding job and a life outside of computer games, I appreciate a game that I can play intermittently over a very long period of time.

10. On a similar note, this game has unparalleled value. People still enjoy playing Diablo 2 even though it was released 12 years ago! This installment will not be any different - it will always be there for you when you need a quick item hunting, demon slaying fix (don't we all?). I can think of no other game that offers such replayability without a monthly charge.

There are more reasons that this game is worthy of a high rating and deserving of your hard earned dollars. I'd list more, but I'd rather play a bit more Diablo 3. See you in Sanctuary!
  31. May 25, 2012
    La digne suite de Diablo II, il ne mérite pas moins.
    La nécessité d'avoir une connection internet fait parti de l'évolution naturelle et logique des choses, c'est son plus gros point positif (sauf la première semaine de sorti, comme tout jeu en ligne).
  32. Jun 4, 2012
    Great update to a legendary franchise. All of the Diablo 2 hack and slash action in a more streamlined package. My only complaint is the addition of the DRM. It's a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. Pirates are always going to find a way to pirate games and all DRMs do is frustrate paying customers.
  33. May 15, 2012
    Best game ever. The perfect hack'n'slash. I don't understand the point of all this trolling. Disconnects? Your very said, that you'll have problems fro couple of hours. Now everything fine.
  34. May 16, 2012
    Best game eva. I mean its so good it atleast deserves a 3.7 User score on Metacritic. So yea its real good. Too bad that error keep showing up... uhm what was it? 37 yeah, error 37
  35. May 15, 2012
    As an avid D1/D2 player from release, this game is a worthy sequel. I have no clue what is persuading so many people to have such a raging tantrum. It's ridiculous.
  36. May 15, 2012
    Game of the decade by far. Everything about this game is perfect. Blizzard level of polish. Don't let all the Torchlight 2 fanboys who think 1 hour of being unable to login on launch (this is the most preorded game of all-time by the way) is a disaster. Game plays perfectly smooth now.
  37. May 15, 2012
    Blizz removed the skill and stat points. Yeah. But, I think it doesn't change anything other than mindlessly placing skill points to an overpowered skill and stat points to the obvious like Strength for Barbarian and Magic for Sorceress. The always online DRM even for single player sessions makes the game look bad though. :(

But server problems aside, the game is definitely a gem of a

But server problems aside, the game is definitely a gem of a lifetime. Torchlight II might come but it's just #2 to Diablo 3. :)
  38. May 15, 2012
    12 years of waiting finally over, mind blown!!!! Blizzard has done an amazing job once more!
    Sure the graphics aren't top notch but sometimes it's not about visuals, a good game will have amazing game play regardless!
  39. May 15, 2012
    I understand the frustration that the servers are getting hammered on launch day, but to sit here a give the game a 0 when you haven't even played it is extremely childish.
  40. May 15, 2012
    Do not simply rate this game on the quality of the server on day 1, because that's being biased and unfair. The actual GAME is amazing. The controls are fluid, the gameplay is stellar, and the graphics are good. Overall, a definate buy. The only thing that bugs me is the exclusion of LAN and this DRM stuff they are pushing. Its a horrible way to push out a game, and almost every review ofDo not simply rate this game on the quality of the server on day 1, because that's being biased and unfair. The actual GAME is amazing. The controls are fluid, the gameplay is stellar, and the graphics are good. Overall, a definate buy. The only thing that bugs me is the exclusion of LAN and this DRM stuff they are pushing. Its a horrible way to push out a game, and almost every review of the game states that. Expand
  41. May 15, 2012
    The poor reviews based solely on those who are anti-DRM are ridiculous, I found the online feature to be one of the best things about Diablo 3. It has made the game so much more social and enjoyable, having played both Diablo and Diablo 2 I find this game to be a excellent progression in the series. The art style, while not super fancy is timeless and in the end that is what Diablo is about.
  42. May 15, 2012
    Let's see, who are the fanboys? the people that realize this is the evolution of the Diablo series, just as D2 was the evolution from D1, and accept this game as Diablo Evolved, not D2.5. This game is amazing. If you can't take off the nostalgia glasses for a second and see that, yes, this game is different, but it is still Diablo, and not only that, it is one damn fine game. SimplyLet's see, who are the fanboys? the people that realize this is the evolution of the Diablo series, just as D2 was the evolution from D1, and accept this game as Diablo Evolved, not D2.5. This game is amazing. If you can't take off the nostalgia glasses for a second and see that, yes, this game is different, but it is still Diablo, and not only that, it is one damn fine game. Simply amazing, in fact. Mindblowing. Blizzard Nostalgia fanboys, if you want to keep playing D2, then go play D2. D3 is evolutionary, and the future of ARPGs. TL2, PoE, nothing touches D3. Expand
  43. May 15, 2012
    Excellent game. Though a still don't have it, I've played the beta and left very satisfied from the experience. I have warning for you, don't read the reviews with rating 0 the people here are ether trolls or very confused newcomers to the universe of Diablo. People are complaining that it's doesn't have a offline mode, but I think that Blizzard made a very wise choice making it the wayExcellent game. Though a still don't have it, I've played the beta and left very satisfied from the experience. I have warning for you, don't read the reviews with rating 0 the people here are ether trolls or very confused newcomers to the universe of Diablo. People are complaining that it's doesn't have a offline mode, but I think that Blizzard made a very wise choice making it the way it is now. Why? Because for obvious reasons. We all know how fast the game will be pirated and put to shame (not so much really). The games has awesome graphics, Blizzard games doesn't aim for quality, but rather machines that doesn't have the latest hardware components and the people that can't afford them. People must not forget that today is the launch day and it is expected to have errors and server problems. because of the quantity of people that want to play this great game. I give the it a rating of 10, because I am a huge fan of the Diablo franchise and no matter what it will this day forever. Expand
  44. May 15, 2012
    A phenomenal game. A warning of caution however, it does require access to internet to play, which is probably the only downfall of this superb game. With the addition of a Real Money Auction House, coming next week it'll make it easier for those who want to see some real dollars for their in-game work. Thanks to the tighter control over who's connecting to Battle.net (admittedly aA phenomenal game. A warning of caution however, it does require access to internet to play, which is probably the only downfall of this superb game. With the addition of a Real Money Auction House, coming next week it'll make it easier for those who want to see some real dollars for their in-game work. Thanks to the tighter control over who's connecting to Battle.net (admittedly a double-edged sword) there will be far less gold farmers ruining the in-game economy. Do yourself a favour and check it out. If you're a fan of the first 2 Diablo games, then definitely check it out. The campaign is over 20 hours of game play for a single play-through and of course, any fan of Diablo knows it doesn't end there. Expand
  45. May 15, 2012
    The best game ever made!! I know this because I have played the whole thing all the way through online with my friends and loved every second of it, thereby making me qualified to give a user review as informed as everyone else here who gave it a zero
  46. May 18, 2012
    Is the perfect game. No other near in the Action/RPG. If you want a great PC game, Diablo III is de PC GOTY. A lot of people put 0 to this game. Those people is subjective.
  47. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is incredible. After 12 years of waiting, I can say without a hint of reservation that this is the one game I've played since Grand Theft Auto IV that has delivered. That being said, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. There have been a number of changes which may polarize diehard fans of the original, but that I think make for a more enjoyable experience. Diablo 3 is a cooperative game.Diablo 3 is incredible. After 12 years of waiting, I can say without a hint of reservation that this is the one game I've played since Grand Theft Auto IV that has delivered. That being said, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. There have been a number of changes which may polarize diehard fans of the original, but that I think make for a more enjoyable experience. Diablo 3 is a cooperative game. The loot system ensures that everyone gets their own drops. You know longer have to be the fastest clicker to get loot.

The combat is more interactive. You have a set of abilities to choose from that work like a toolkit. You can customize your character on the fly and choose abilities that work better with different classes.

For instance, I play a Barbarian. If I'm grouped with a lot of ranged, I'll use my AoE stuns, and taunts. I also plug in my defensive traits. If I'm running with other melee, I'll use my cleave abilities etc. If I'm soloing, I'll run offensive abilities.

The trait system is like Guild Wars. You have a set of abilities, up to six at any given time which you can swap in and out as well as some passive abilities that add things like extra crit, more health drops, etc.

Also, gone is the potion-spamming **** You can actually play this game. You don't just run into a group of enemies spamming pots, and praying you don't get gibbed. You can actually use your brain to solve problems.

You don't die as much. This isn't a bad thing. Diablo 2 was known for just kind of **** you every now and again. Diablo 3 will still **** you over, but only if you're a derp. In Diablo 3, you can actually use strategy to succeed as opposed to cookie cutter builds, must-have equipment, and button spam.

As for the red scores. I get it. Blizzard's servers were down on launch. They're up now. They're stable, and the game rocks. If you want to play the natural evolution of a genre-creating title, get Diablo 3. You won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for the same old, exploit-ridden derp-fest that is diablo 2. Then just buy Diablo 2. Also, if you want to skip all that real money auction house **** Play on Hardcore.
  48. May 15, 2012
    I'm giving this a 10 just to balance stuff out. This game is fantastic, it's just having some hiccups at launch.. just like every other massively anticipated online-only game. Everyone will forget about server issues by tomorrow. Anyone giving a 0 based on that is just being incredibly silly. A 0 is like.. worst game of all time. You honestly think Diablo 3 is worse than Miley CyrusI'm giving this a 10 just to balance stuff out. This game is fantastic, it's just having some hiccups at launch.. just like every other massively anticipated online-only game. Everyone will forget about server issues by tomorrow. Anyone giving a 0 based on that is just being incredibly silly. A 0 is like.. worst game of all time. You honestly think Diablo 3 is worse than Miley Cyrus sing-a-long for Game Boy Advance. I swear, gamers these days are insufferable. Come at me Blizzard anti-fanboys. Expand
  49. May 15, 2012
    I apologize for my long-winded nature!

I apologize for my long-winded nature!

This game is Great. Right now there seems to be a lot of angry people mostly complaining about launch related issues, which should not have baring on the game itself. If you you have even been apart of a world-wide, or even region-wide, server start-up that is expecting several Million people to log-in all at the same time then you may criticize Blizzard's methods. Until then shut it and stick to reviewing the game. As for people saying this is not even close to what D2 was... That is a blatant lie and you know it. Take a screenshot of D2 and D3, put them side by side. What do you notice? Oh it's the same except D3 is less pixelated. For those of you that think the game is easy mode... You should wait to play through the entire game. We all know Normal is a cake walk. It was suppose to be. I know none of you are into Nightmare at the time of this posting, since you are also complaining about not being able to log-in. And please quit with the DRM bashing. The game community caused this, now lie in the bed we all made. Cool you are a "single player gamer", toss a little community in your cup, it just might brighten your day having that semi-human interaction. And lastly, The real-money auction house is a great idea! They went through the trouble to secure a service that the community really wanted. This is a ground breaking move. If you don't want to be apart of it, you're in luck, you don't have to use it!

tl;dr Stop complaining and give the game more than a surface glance.
  50. May 15, 2012
    I respect your opinions but seriously, giving it 0 because of all the errors that have been occuring THE FIRST DAY!?... And if you give it 0 because of the actual game i think your taste is weird but that's still your opinion ;)

I love the game and i am already addicted even though i have not been playing that long. PS: I play on the lowest graphic possible, lowest resolution also and i

PS: I play on the lowest graphic possible, lowest resolution also and i still think it's freaking awesome.
  51. May 20, 2012
    It was fun until all my characters were deleted because blizzard can't manage this game. Only get this game if you like having fun for a couple hours and then raging because the data bases are gay.
  52. May 17, 2012
    Personally i would give this game an 8 out of ten but im giving it a 10 just to balance out all of the whiney 0 scores. this game is excellently polished and the gameplay is brilliant. There were server errors and such during the release but that is expected of a game this size with online capabilities. The auction house is a bit odd, may cause unbalance in the game depending how itsPersonally i would give this game an 8 out of ten but im giving it a 10 just to balance out all of the whiney 0 scores. this game is excellently polished and the gameplay is brilliant. There were server errors and such during the release but that is expected of a game this size with online capabilities. The auction house is a bit odd, may cause unbalance in the game depending how its handled, and there are definitely alot of changes compared to d1 and d2 but overall this game is a solid continuation of the franchise. Expand
  53. May 17, 2012
    Simply put. This game is everything I could have hoped for! It still feels like Diablo while adding tones of new features! The servers went down the first two days, but I feel that should not impact the games over all quality or review. I have played hour and hours of it already and feel that it is one of the best games I have played in a long time.
  54. Auz
    May 19, 2012
    I was at first put off by all the changes made, I had wondered to myself "could this be the same people that brought me D2?" but after putting in a liberal amount of time these initially depressing changes became welcome additions. I mean to be honest I loved the skill system in D2, I don't have the time these days to create multiple lvl 99's to fully enjoy a class. The combat is justI was at first put off by all the changes made, I had wondered to myself "could this be the same people that brought me D2?" but after putting in a liberal amount of time these initially depressing changes became welcome additions. I mean to be honest I loved the skill system in D2, I don't have the time these days to create multiple lvl 99's to fully enjoy a class. The combat is just as fun as ever, the story is just as awesome as ever, and the game plays wonderfully, the longest loading time I had to sit through was about 3 seconds.

Now the reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10.. when mousing over the skills they give you no details about what the ability does, there is no easy way to switch what abilities your using, and well as an older gamer I cannot support the DRM..
  55. May 15, 2012
    I'll be honest, this game deserves a good score, but not a 10.
    The launch is abysmal, I expected it to some degree, but I didn't expect servers down almost a full 24 hours. That said, I'm here to judge the game, not the launch, and the game itself is really good.
    I'll be honest, this game deserves a good score, but not a 10.

Diablo is an MMO condensed into a more personal experience, did you love raiding in WoW but didn't have the time? Diablo makes a great alternative to the grind through mobs and bosses, get loot, need we all need to fill. One thing noted by many is the normal campaign was cleared in 6 hours, however this is a terrible assessment, as I played for a good 4 hours with multiple friends, and still haven't completely finished Act 1. Its a long game, and if you take into account that the real game is inferno difficulty, you've got hundreds of hours ahead of you.

The always online DRM doesn't bother me, as this is the sort of game I play exclusively with friends anyway, I do hope Blizzard implements an offline mode and just does not let items obtained in it be traded online to prevent potential cheats. All in all its a 9.0 quality game, lacking a bit in areas, but good, don't let the review bombers fool you, its worth your cash once the servers are steady.
  56. May 21, 2012
    Really great game. Blizzard have managed to create a game with the gameplay from the second game, and the mood from the first. Only have positive things to say about the game. I see a lot of flaming about downtime etc, but what the hell do people expect? To the flamers that expected 100% uptime after launch, grow some balls and try to understand the issues related to a release thisReally great game. Blizzard have managed to create a game with the gameplay from the second game, and the mood from the first. Only have positive things to say about the game. I see a lot of flaming about downtime etc, but what the hell do people expect? To the flamers that expected 100% uptime after launch, grow some balls and try to understand the issues related to a release this massive. It isnt the latest version of solitare. Great game, great story, awesome overall. Ty Blizzard! Expand
  57. May 24, 2012
    This is the best computer game I have ever played. I am appalled and disappointed at all the spoiled brats here giving the game a zero because the world wasn't hand-crafted just for them. They don't speak for true gamers who love to play instead of flame. The graphics are incredible, the sound design is engrossing, the music fits the level design and moods.. I enjoyed the story veryThis is the best computer game I have ever played. I am appalled and disappointed at all the spoiled brats here giving the game a zero because the world wasn't hand-crafted just for them. They don't speak for true gamers who love to play instead of flame. The graphics are incredible, the sound design is engrossing, the music fits the level design and moods.. I enjoyed the story very much, the cutscenes are chilling. But MOST IMPORTANTLY: The game FEELS like Diablo. It's impossible to describe. My characters feel extremely powerful, but yet vulnerable. In the higher difficulties, I always have that feeling the original Diablo gave: I'm scared about what I might find around the next corner, but I have the courage to try. A+ Blizzard, you guys are amazing. Yes, there are some technical issues, but a release of this magnitude? That's to be expected. Those spoiled kids here, without maturity, patience or a decent handle on reality will give this game a low score. They do not represent the overwhelming majority of people who are loving this game right now. Expand
  58. May 27, 2012
    All you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit anyAll you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit any situation, though you will find that you will stick to a general build most of the time. It would be nice to have definable presets that you could switch between. I laugh at the haters on here whining about it getting boring after 50 hours... 50 HOURS!! that's already way more than you can expect to get out of the current line up of non-MMORPG blockbuster titles. Like any game, it isn't perfect but what it offers is worth every cent. Why break the mold if you're already onto a winner? Expand
  59. May 15, 2012
    Great Game love the new MMO like features that are included. It sucks to need a internet connection at all time but I see the trade offs and am willing to deal with them. Sure the servers are down but like any other MMO the servers get smacked during the first few days. Overall was it worth the wait...no eleven years is a long time to wait for any game but that doesn't mean that it isn'tGreat Game love the new MMO like features that are included. It sucks to need a internet connection at all time but I see the trade offs and am willing to deal with them. Sure the servers are down but like any other MMO the servers get smacked during the first few days. Overall was it worth the wait...no eleven years is a long time to wait for any game but that doesn't mean that it isn't one of the best, if not the best game in its genre. At least they decided to change the game up and not give us diablo 2.5. Collapse
  60. May 15, 2012
    Great game, to all those who think it let down the series it didnt. It is a much longer game than D2, better items, boss fights, fighting in general etc... The plot has plenty of twists so far, especially when compared to the other diablos. the only problem is the option of offline play that is negated. But hey how often are you playing the game when you dont have internet access anyway?
  61. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard lied to us, trying to make up B.S. excuses why the online DRM was needed, like how they did it with SC2. They are obsessed with sales, becauses its Activision at the end of the day running the show. Like how they rip everyone off with Call of Duty, WOW, D3 id doing the same crap.

Diablo 3 - Is very linear and no even 5% as dynamic as d1/2 were, the levels are now boxed sections

Diablo 3
    - Is very linear and no even 5% as dynamic as d1/2 were, the levels are now boxed sections that inter change, where before every single wall, room and door were never in the same position, they were completely replabled, diablo 3 feel like it has basically lost its randomization. When you learn where the sections interconnect or you just start to remember the area you are in. You basically run to the exit 80% of the time just because you remember the same sections over and over letting you avoid half of the rooms that you know lead to no where. Blizzard had some amateur developers picking up after Blizzard North the real diablo 1/2 creators, none of the orgional key staff are around and that's why diablo 3 is ALOT worse then the past, sad to say i'm getting a refund.
  62. May 16, 2012
    Perfect game i don't know why everybody is so angry against the DRM almost anyone have Internet and certainly they will fix the errors soon i really don't believe that people can be so stupid in that way of giving low score because of a bug...
  63. May 16, 2012
    Remove free from my last sentence in my previous post, that didn't make any sense. PVP isn't even the game now, I would imagine the same people who give this a zero would give Bioshock, KOTOR, and any other quality PC game the same zero.
  64. May 16, 2012
    TO BE FAIR: I have only played this game for about 10 hours so far. However, I have been consistently frustrated by the over-simplified mechanics of the game-play experience. The skill system is a very flawed construct when compared to other titles, including this game's direct predecessor. I receive many arguments from fans stating that Blizzard aimed for simplification to allow aTO BE FAIR: I have only played this game for about 10 hours so far. However, I have been consistently frustrated by the over-simplified mechanics of the game-play experience. The skill system is a very flawed construct when compared to other titles, including this game's direct predecessor. I receive many arguments from fans stating that Blizzard aimed for simplification to allow a wider diversity of players to enjoy the game. I don't accept this. If you look at recently-release titles such as Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and even Modern Warfare 3, all skill-learning and upgrade systems allow much more freedom of customization of the players character/s and (despite some issues with Skyrim's UI ease-of-use) the games are extremely enjoyable by an extremely wide range of players.

Another frustration to consider is the side-effects this being network-dependent... Such a side-effect I seem to suffer from repeatedly is server lag in a single player game... Think about that. I've had moments during solo-play where my character jumps around the map, counter-strike-style, when my connection to the server suffered. On a positive note, the improvements in the audio/visual realm are very much appreciated, but it's nothing impressive when compared to the majority of titles on the market.

Overall, despite being a relatively short distance into the game, I feel that Blizzard has made some shocking mistakes with the design of the game-play mechanics, and their choice with making this an exclusively network-dependent game. I sincerely hope that Blizzard listens to it's customers complaints and releases some significant improvements to the game.
  65. May 16, 2012
    As everybody i got connection problem! but, the game is perfect =), i finished the normal mode, and for me it's very ok! history, skills, everything! is very addictive game! i'm looking forward to play the PVP mode as well
  66. May 16, 2012
    I like the story and the gameplay. People who gives it a 0/10 are whiners. Here are some news for you: 1.Yes, you need an internet connection to play, but it's year 2012. It's not that hard or expensive to have one.
    2. The real money auction house? YOU DON*T HAVE TO USE IT, I'm sure most people won't. They are not forcing you to use it.
    3. About the error codes, I got them aswell. But
    3. About the error codes, I got them aswell. But the servers are overloaded, it will be better. And if you give the game a 0 because of this you're pathetic.
    4. The graphics are bad? No, Diablo is supposed to have an artstyle like this. What do you want? FPS style with the flashiest game engine?
    5. The story and the gameplay is not bad. But I understand why 99% of you don't get the story when you rush through the game. Maybe you should play at a slower pace and pay more attention on detalis and lore? And the voiceacting is not bad.

Is nothing good enough for you spoiled brats? First Mass Effect 3 and now this. Get a life whiners. For me it's not a 10/10, but since the whinepatrol gives it 0/10, I will give it 10/10.
  67. May 17, 2012
    Diablo as I always wanted it. Action action action... and again action! If I wanted so hard customization I'd have played Fallout instead. I was really frustrated when in D2 I had to stay hours not playing in order to be efficient and keep on the edge with my friends... When my friend (Digital delivery) told me "Crap! It's the same feeling of D2" I drooled. It's different for many crucialDiablo as I always wanted it. Action action action... and again action! If I wanted so hard customization I'd have played Fallout instead. I was really frustrated when in D2 I had to stay hours not playing in order to be efficient and keep on the edge with my friends... When my friend (Digital delivery) told me "Crap! It's the same feeling of D2" I drooled. It's different for many crucial points but I find it's quite enjoyable still deep for a Hack&slash (no RPG) game as it is. Surprisingly it has also a great story! Expand
  68. May 17, 2012
    This game is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. It doesn't even compare to D2. I'd write more but I have to go puke after spending $60 and waiting how many years for this piece of crap....seriously. Not worth the $10 I originally spent on the first Diablo 12-14 years ago. Eight hours was more than enough. Sorry, I hate to write bad reviews. Can I get a refund?
  69. May 17, 2012
    diablo 3 is a very intersting game , the gameplay is just amazing and i enjoyed play it a lot . I think it is one of my favourite game so far .
  70. May 17, 2012
    Having a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those whoHaving a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those who feel like they can give a game a zero just to whine and complain. Expand
  71. May 17, 2012
    lol, at all the butt hurt people giving this game a negative review. It is 100% what I wanted and more and is a great successor to the franchise. Maybe stop reviewing a game just because you can't connect, that isn't constructive at all. What is the point of even getting on here if you haven't even played the damn game. If I could I would give this a 20/10 but 10/10m will have to do.
  72. May 17, 2012
    Blizzard has another winner. Pay no mind to the ignorant reviewers....there is no way this game deserves anything below a 7. There 2.8 trillion ways to customize your character. Go to YouTube and watch the D3 event from BilzzCon 2011.
  73. May 18, 2012
    I can't believe all of the users that gives this awesome game such a bad score. Most of them havenâ
  74. May 18, 2012
    Yada yada self-righteous claptrap about DRM. Oh wait! That's right! My internet is always on! **** I thought I was still on dial-up! And OMG! What's this? An auction house which isn't full of hacked items and other bs. Hey! An economy which isn't **** how fun! I guess that's why they need the internet to verify every loot. and OH HEY! I'm not a freetard, that's right! I actually want toYada yada self-righteous claptrap about DRM. Oh wait! That's right! My internet is always on! **** I thought I was still on dial-up! And OMG! What's this? An auction house which isn't full of hacked items and other bs. Hey! An economy which isn't **** how fun! I guess that's why they need the internet to verify every loot. and OH HEY! I'm not a freetard, that's right! I actually want to see developers earn money for good games like this one. Protip: Get a job/welfare. Pay for games. YADA yada bad framerate. OH WAIT my computer doesn't suck giant hairy testicles because I haven't been playing xbox for the last 13 years. Yada yada single player. OH WAIT! I've got friends who bought the game! Oh wow, we're playing together. I'm having fun! Screw single player. OH WAIT, I CAN play single player, but it's still online to prevent hacked items n'stuff and preserve the economy and the game. np.

YADA YADA I couldn't play for 2 hours. FUUUUCK! I'M GOING TO PUT A FRACKIN' 2 ON METASCORE. TAKE THAT BLIZZ. OH WAIT! Now i can play! wow fun! I'll totally come back and fix that review later...

Must... keep.. playing... tooo... much.. fun...
  75. May 19, 2012
    This is Diablo 2 perfected. The new skill system is different but GREAT, no more wasting skill points on useless skills and no need to respec. Party system is very functional and all the server issues have been resolved (it was only released 4 days ago and i havent been booted since day 2). This is a MUST OWN for Diablo 2 fans.
  76. May 20, 2012
    2051 negative rating so far and I beleieve they're wrong or they just didn't like the need for being online in this game. I understand Blizzards attempt at fighting piracy and totally agree with them to make the game online based only. The majority of players in the US playing pretty much all have internet anyway. I was hesitant at first to buy this game due to playing the beta and that2051 negative rating so far and I beleieve they're wrong or they just didn't like the need for being online in this game. I understand Blizzards attempt at fighting piracy and totally agree with them to make the game online based only. The majority of players in the US playing pretty much all have internet anyway. I was hesitant at first to buy this game due to playing the beta and that was crappy. I thought..."This doesn't at all feel like Diablo." My love for the game though won out and I preordered it online so I was ready on day 1. I agree with the others that day one was horrible. But come on...you've got a whole life time to play the game...what is one day compared to the enjoyment of playing a Diablo game. I LOVE THIS GAME. There...I went ahead and said it. For those of you who are reading reviews and not buying the game because of all the negativity...buy the game and then make your complaints. This is definitely a Diablo game. I felt like Diablo 2 when I was playing the first act. The level of detail of the background is just gorgeous and awesome at the same time. The music is pretty outstanding. For those of you complaing about the characters being cartoony...have you seen all the other hack and slash games of this generation?! They are nothing compared to what Blizzard has done with Diablo 3. The characters are not cartoony. If the developers of Diablo 2 had the same resources that we had today...I'm pretty sure they would look like Diablo 3. If you want cartoony characters...go to Torchlight 2. After all...a lot of them are developers of Diablo 2. Gameplay was exciting...and intense...especially hardcore. OH MY GOODNESS...don't get me started on hardcore...best feature of the game if you want intensity. EVERYONE...buy this game...seriously...buy it. Expand
  77. May 20, 2012
    This game are so awesome. I still waiting for 12 years ago for this game, and this is perfect for me.
    The history and the gameplay is true to the Diablo series, and the development for the Characters, is very special. It's true. We don't can assign points in strength, dexterity, vitality and Intelligence. but, In this time, We'll have to see objects and statistics of our luggage, to get what we want. With ability to do many builds of combat. This game is no longer suffering from the error 37 or 75. Not even the Templar and bug shield.
    Thus, enjoy this game, start to shut up and good luck in your fight against Diablo.
    As one would say in my country:
    ¡ A VICIARSE ! :D
  78. May 20, 2012
    Please ignore the massive amounts of negative reviews because 95% of them are due to player ignorance.

Low raitng for Online-DRM/no single? - The reason is to prevent offline hacking which was a huge problem in Diablo 2, having it server based prevents that. Honestly this game is much better as a cooperative game. Also if you don't have an internet connection then you are living in the stone ages.

Low rating for bad graphics? - You can't compare Battlefield 3 graphics with this game, and that being said can you really ask people to buy 1500 dollar computer to run it?

Low rating for being too easy? - You can't bash on the game being too easy if you're playing the easiest difficulty. Try playing hardcore mode(Death is permanent) and finish the fourth difficulty and let's see what you say about 'easy'

Low rating for no skill tree/lack of customization? - Ignorant to the 'elective mode' option. Which allows you full customization of your skills which you can change ANYTIME on the fly. This also allows you to try a wacky character build without having to create and level a character from scratch to find out it's not very good.

I hope this clears up the 'ignorance' that plagues the negative scores.
  79. May 20, 2012
    Who judges a game based on their connection? Never had problems with server or lag. Online single player/multiplayer, all good. DRM? There's no big online title without DRM, it's the future people. Deal with it. Could use a lobby though.
  80. May 22, 2012
    An incredibly fun game. People rating it zero are fighting an irrelevant idealistic battle. Some of the most fun I've had in a long time. The improvements over Diablo II are huge. Overall, it's simply a very very good game.
  81. Oct 21, 2012
    Way better than Diablo 2. Blizzard thankfully took all the annoying things in D2 and changed them. The story is fine, but the dialogs and the whole screenplay is terrible. The skill system is simply amazing, the items are way better and the stat screen although not perfect is at least informative compared to the random numbers in D2 char screen.
  82. May 15, 2012
    Game is fun and the battles get epic. Not the same game as diablo 2 but rather the evolution with outstanding visuals and carnage you cant get enough of. To all the crying... Haters gonna hate.
  83. May 15, 2012
    Played 20 minutes on my single player diablo 3 save file and got kicked off the internet. I CAN'T wait until I can log back into my awesome single player game and make a new character because I lost all of my progress.
  84. May 17, 2012
    D3 is pretty great. There is more to do and more to think about during each fight than D2. It is exactly what I wanted. I was jarred at first by the lack of a skill tree, but you actually gain more powers than you can use at once so your personal play style is flexible in the extreme and I always thought that the overspecialization encouraged by D2 was a bit boring.

Diablo 3 is flat

Diablo 3 is flat awesome. The fact that Azula is the voice of my Wizard makes it even better.
  85. May 17, 2012
    Basing the quality of a game on an hour delay post launch? No thanks. A huge leap forward in RPG game design, a true champion of the Action-RPG genre, breathing new life into a dead genre.
  86. May 17, 2012
    I'm majorly surprised at all the negative reviews. This game has to be hands down the most fun I've had in Diablo for a long time. Let's take a look at some of the things this game has similar to the second;

-Characters: You'll see many reappearances of your favorite Diablo Lore characters in this game. -Art: The art style looks and feels like Diablo. Who could forget the Life Orb after

-Art: The art style looks and feels like Diablo. Who could forget the Life Orb after playing D2?

-Classes: A lot of the classes, while named differently, feel like advanced and fleshed out versions of the D2 classes. Witch Doctor; Necromancer. Barbarian (Same). Wizard; Sorceress. Monk; Paladin/Assassin Mix. Demon Hunter; Amazon/Assassin Mix.

Ok, so what are the differences?

-In-Depth Character Customization; Thousands of ways to build your toon with a forgiving system that doesn't lock you into a skill path. You can easily change your build out of combat with no penalties besides a small cooldown on the changed skill slot. Not to mention this new customization allows for gear optimization, allowing you to specialize certain ways for a bigger bang.

Also, this seems trivial, but I love the fact I can dye my armors or use a vanishing dye to remove ugly pieces. Plenty of dyes to find and millions of pieces of gear to customize with.

-Auction House; This is a very contested area in a review. Let me start by saying I disagree with the Real-Life Currency option and you won't find me doing it. With that said, the Virtual Currency (Gold) Auction House is incredibly useful. I've found magnificent gear for really low prices that have ubertized my toons, while also being able to sell old/found gear for a good amount.

I think people need to take a chance to actually utilize the Auction House, because it is a really neat feature that can be extremely beneficial to your builds and toons.

-Combat: Exciting, thrilling, and fast paced. Exactly what I expect out of Diablo. You no longer rely on health potions and instead rely on skill and Health Orbs that are strategically dropped by enemies throughout a fight. The new resources that each class has (Mana, Arcane Power, Spirit, Fury, and Hatred/Discipline) help to keep classes unique. While there are less skills to learn in this game, the Rune system allows you to deeply customize your character's abilities. No two toons should ever have the same build, simply because the Rune system adds a huge amount of depth to what your character can do.

-Story: Beautifully told story, filled with TONS (and I mean TONZ) of voice acting for those who hate reading. The CGI cutscenes are nothing less than breathtaking, exactly what I expect out of Blizzard. My only complaints here is that the story is fairly linear without many choices involved, but all the Diablo games are like this so this may be a good thing if you liked the linear style the three games have always had. Definitely some interesting plot twists, and surprisingly the voice acting isn't cheesy.

If you're a Diablo fan, this game shouldn't disappoint. If you're an action RPG fan, this game definitely won't disappoint. If anything, they've turned Diablo into a pseudo-MMO with much more depth involved.

Also, on another note, the servers are a little bit unstable as of now, but it's been patched constantly. I expect all the kinks to be worked out within the next week or so. The online play isn't discouraging in the least bit, and encourages teamplay (which is a whole other level of chaos and fun!)

If anything, this game is at least worth a try. Not a 10/10 perfect game, but an incredibly fun one never the less.
  87. May 17, 2012
    The sour grapes on display here is quite pathetic. The critics score of 8.8. is about right. I played diablo 2 for several hundred hours, I was obsessed with it. And Diablo 3 is, I think, objectively far better in most respects. So the servers failed on day 1. Ok, rate battle.net badly, it has nothing to do with the actual game. Bunch of whiny kids on here.
  88. May 17, 2012
    I'm sure all the server error problems will be fixed within a few days so if your having problems why not chill and do something else for a few days? I'm sorry for all the people who don't have an always on internet connection. I live in England and always on broadband is the standard here so anyone living in a technologically advanced country should have no problems with the always onI'm sure all the server error problems will be fixed within a few days so if your having problems why not chill and do something else for a few days? I'm sorry for all the people who don't have an always on internet connection. I live in England and always on broadband is the standard here so anyone living in a technologically advanced country should have no problems with the always on internet connection (once Blizzard have ironed out the teething troubles). Gaming companies have the right to protect their products from piracy and as it's so rife its a wonder they still bother with PC games at all. I must admit that the enviroments do look a little boring but I guess they made the game so it can be played on old PC's too. Expand
  89. May 18, 2012
    Last time I checked the reason I play games is to have fun.
    Diablo 3 fulfils this requirement hands down. It is incredibly fun and addictive.

Most of the negative scores are because of login issues. Come on people have a bit of patience, once the servers settle down this will be the best game to play for a long long time!
  90. May 18, 2012
    Great game, don't mind the score for now. It's a silly **** mockup operation to get the score at 3.7, reference at the error 37 we encountered on release day.
    11 years worth of wait.
  91. May 18, 2012
    If you liked Diablo 2, then buy this game. 90% of the bad reviews are because of server issues on the first day. Everybody that gave Diablo 3 a bad review because of server issues is a **** moron. Just read the professional reviews. It is kind of odd to play a single player game over the internet, but **** get over it. The game works fine most of the time. If it does hiccup, itIf you liked Diablo 2, then buy this game. 90% of the bad reviews are because of server issues on the first day. Everybody that gave Diablo 3 a bad review because of server issues is a **** moron. Just read the professional reviews. It is kind of odd to play a single player game over the internet, but **** get over it. The game works fine most of the time. If it does hiccup, it starts you where you left off. Just buy the game already. Expand
  92. May 18, 2012
    Best game ever, only have gotten 4 hours of sleep a night because of the enticement and pure bliss of the grind. Looking forwards to years of destruction and looting.
  93. May 18, 2012
    The best game ! I loved it, the graphics are perfect, the levels are beautiful. The details may have changed but this is still fundamentally the same game as the 1996 original.
  94. May 18, 2012
    Haters gonna hate. But please don't trash a really good game just because of some bugs, server issues or because it's not D2. I had similar feelings when I played the open beta, but I bought it nevertheless and I've not regret it.
  95. May 19, 2012
    Pros: Graphics look great, each different map really has a sense of place. Game Runs very smooth on modest systems which is nice (Insane, blow-your-mind-graphics are not always the best way to go imo) Story line keeps things moving, even if it is extremely linear. The skills system works very nice, really making you feel like you have choices. The runes add a nice touch really alteringPros: Graphics look great, each different map really has a sense of place. Game Runs very smooth on modest systems which is nice (Insane, blow-your-mind-graphics are not always the best way to go imo) Story line keeps things moving, even if it is extremely linear. The skills system works very nice, really making you feel like you have choices. The runes add a nice touch really altering existing spells to make them seem fresh. Boss fights can be challenging but not to the point of extreme frustration. Each class has a good sense of identity and play style. Stays true to D2 while also improving on ways which make the gameplay smoother, and more casual friendly (to the dismay of many Diablo "purists")

Cons: Constant internet connection is a real downside. Can't really understand why you need it for a single player campaign. Initial launch days full of errors and disconnects which poorly suit a game based on checkpoints and map clearing, often forcing you to start from the last check point. Disconnects you if you are idle too long, so hope you dont get struck with a quick emergency and have to leave your game right before you finish a checkpoint. Lack of character customization really takes away from the feeling that your character is "yours" and not just a cookie cutter to play with (although variability in play styles for each character brings a sense of ownership to your char.)

All in all: This game is another example of why Blizzard is one of the most well respected publishers in the game. They really make sure they put out the best possible product while still staying true to the fans of each of their series. Just wish they had not forced you to have a constant internet connection, really the only reason to give it less then near perfect.

Things that people need to GTFO: Not being able to get a preorder. Basing reviews of a game only on the connection issues and not the game. Graphics which only the people with $5000 machines can play. Issues with the way the game is coded. Options that you wish had been in the game but aren't ( I wish they had flying purple unicorns in the game but they dont so "0/10".) Lack of skill points which are a thing of the past, many games are getting away from them in favor or variability in spells and difficult choices on which spells/skills to use. Basing reviews on how the Beta was. Crying because there are too many "WoW" similarities (Heaven forbid a company has similarities to one of their other games which is one of the most popular games in history.)

This is just another reason why having user reviews is a giant waste of time. Let unbiased game reviews/magazines let you know how good/bad a game was. Not cry baby fan boys. And yes that apparently means my own. *sad face*
  96. May 19, 2012
    Made an account just to review this. The game is amazing, im currently just about to hit level 60 on hell and its just more fun and challenging for every minute that passes. People whine alot about the launch, but they also forget that the technology to handle millions of people connecting to servers at the same time smoothly doesnt exist. Yes they could've implemented a queue system forMade an account just to review this. The game is amazing, im currently just about to hit level 60 on hell and its just more fun and challenging for every minute that passes. People whine alot about the launch, but they also forget that the technology to handle millions of people connecting to servers at the same time smoothly doesnt exist. Yes they could've implemented a queue system for the login-servers, but people would've whined about that to, since the queues would've been hours long. As a diehard fan of the diablo series (dont play other blizzard games) i can say that this is just what i wanted from diablo, the only bad thing i can think of is not being able to distribute stats and rdm. But you forget about that as soon as you start playing. Expand
  97. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasionalDiablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasional glitching (normal). No matter how much people hate it I will always be by Diablo's side. Expand
  98. May 20, 2012
    Wow lot's of Blizzard haters. Always stick with the critic reviews. As of this posting 20 of them all positive. User reviews are a joke for this game. It's a piss party.
  99. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3 is really good. between the great loot system and the fun combat. It is just amazing. Having not played the first two, i expected to not really know what was going on in the story. However, thankfully a wikia helped me out. And to all of the people that are saying that this game is too short, well, you have not experienced the full of Diablo 3. Take some time, appreciate the workDiablo 3 is really good. between the great loot system and the fun combat. It is just amazing. Having not played the first two, i expected to not really know what was going on in the story. However, thankfully a wikia helped me out. And to all of the people that are saying that this game is too short, well, you have not experienced the full of Diablo 3. Take some time, appreciate the work that has been done. Try the game with different characters. Dont just stop after the first character. Try harder difficulties. Bottom line, Diablo 3 is a fun game that you shouldnt miss. Expand
  100. Aug 21, 2012
    I am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. GoldI am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. Gold was a mock in D2 time, you may have 50kk gold which worth literally **** nothing, and now even 100k of gold worth a lot in D3. Etc, etc, every point that D2 has, was fixed, re-thinked or made from scratch in better way.
    It was definitely worth to wait 12 years for D3 release, this is superior gem in every aspect offering both excellent single and coop modes experience.
  101. May 15, 2012