4.0

1. May 17, 2012
    I'm sure all the server error problems will be fixed within a few days so if your having problems why not chill and do something else for a few days? I'm sorry for all the people who don't have an always on internet connection. I live in England and always on broadband is the standard here so anyone living in a technologically advanced country should have no problems with the always onI'm sure all the server error problems will be fixed within a few days so if your having problems why not chill and do something else for a few days? I'm sorry for all the people who don't have an always on internet connection. I live in England and always on broadband is the standard here so anyone living in a technologically advanced country should have no problems with the always on internet connection (once Blizzard have ironed out the teething troubles). Gaming companies have the right to protect their products from piracy and as it's so rife its a wonder they still bother with PC games at all. I must admit that the enviroments do look a little boring but I guess they made the game so it can be played on old PC's too. Expand
  2. May 18, 2012
    So many people give poor scores because the launch didnt go as they expected. Thats not a review, thats a rant. Hardly any major launch goes well these days, accept it.

As for the game itself. Graphics are good, good enough to not be ugly in these days, and not so good it'll create horrible stutter on medium end PC's. On high res, eveything is clear, allthough the game has a number of visual bugs.

Sound is very good, it will create the right atmosphere on the right moments, but not that it's overwhelming or distracting.

Gameplay is decent. The amount of content is good for 25-30 runthroughs on normal difficulty, depending on whether you like to explore entire maps and dungeons. If you like to find as much as possible, kill as many monsters and explore dungeons to find every piece of gear you can, while trying to do every achievement, this game will hold you for 40+ hours per playthrough.

There are some flaws of course. The story is rather flimsy to me. There's not much cutscenes, allthough the ones you do find are beautifull. Certain scene's are very cliché.
    Crafting is rather badly balanced, as most of the items you find while travelling are just as good, and sometimes better then anything you can craft.

Lastly as for DRM. It's part of the times and most AAA titles will have it. The fact that you have to ALLWAYS be online has it's good and it's bad. The fact that you simply cant take a break while "pausing" the game does suck, as does the fact that checkpoints can be far between, forcing you to play until the next checkpoint before you can stop playing, or risk having to play through the same map again.

Conclusion: A good game, that will have plenty of replay value for the "collector" gamer
  3. May 18, 2012
    Last time I checked the reason I play games is to have fun.
    Diablo 3 fulfils this requirement hands down. It is incredibly fun and addictive.

Most of the negative scores are because of login issues. Come on people have a bit of patience, once the servers settle down this will be the best game to play for a long long time!
  4. May 18, 2012
    Great game, don't mind the score for now. It's a silly **** mockup operation to get the score at 3.7, reference at the error 37 we encountered on release day.
    11 years worth of wait.
  5. May 18, 2012
    If you liked Diablo 2, then buy this game. 90% of the bad reviews are because of server issues on the first day. Everybody that gave Diablo 3 a bad review because of server issues is a **** moron. Just read the professional reviews. It is kind of odd to play a single player game over the internet, but **** get over it. The game works fine most of the time. If it does hiccup, itIf you liked Diablo 2, then buy this game. 90% of the bad reviews are because of server issues on the first day. Everybody that gave Diablo 3 a bad review because of server issues is a **** moron. Just read the professional reviews. It is kind of odd to play a single player game over the internet, but **** get over it. The game works fine most of the time. If it does hiccup, it starts you where you left off. Just buy the game already. Expand
  6. May 18, 2012
    Best game ever, only have gotten 4 hours of sleep a night because of the enticement and pure bliss of the grind. Looking forwards to years of destruction and looting.
  7. May 18, 2012
    The best game ! I loved it, the graphics are perfect, the levels are beautiful. The details may have changed but this is still fundamentally the same game as the 1996 original.
  8. May 18, 2012
    Haters gonna hate. But please don't trash a really good game just because of some bugs, server issues or because it's not D2. I had similar feelings when I played the open beta, but I bought it nevertheless and I've not regret it.
  9. May 19, 2012
    Pros: Graphics look great, each different map really has a sense of place. Game Runs very smooth on modest systems which is nice (Insane, blow-your-mind-graphics are not always the best way to go imo) Story line keeps things moving, even if it is extremely linear. The skills system works very nice, really making you feel like you have choices. The runes add a nice touch really alteringPros: Graphics look great, each different map really has a sense of place. Game Runs very smooth on modest systems which is nice (Insane, blow-your-mind-graphics are not always the best way to go imo) Story line keeps things moving, even if it is extremely linear. The skills system works very nice, really making you feel like you have choices. The runes add a nice touch really altering existing spells to make them seem fresh. Boss fights can be challenging but not to the point of extreme frustration. Each class has a good sense of identity and play style. Stays true to D2 while also improving on ways which make the gameplay smoother, and more casual friendly (to the dismay of many Diablo "purists")

Cons: Constant internet connection is a real downside. Can't really understand why you need it for a single player campaign. Initial launch days full of errors and disconnects which poorly suit a game based on checkpoints and map clearing, often forcing you to start from the last check point. Disconnects you if you are idle too long, so hope you dont get struck with a quick emergency and have to leave your game right before you finish a checkpoint. Lack of character customization really takes away from the feeling that your character is "yours" and not just a cookie cutter to play with (although variability in play styles for each character brings a sense of ownership to your char.)

All in all: This game is another example of why Blizzard is one of the most well respected publishers in the game. They really make sure they put out the best possible product while still staying true to the fans of each of their series. Just wish they had not forced you to have a constant internet connection, really the only reason to give it less then near perfect.

Things that people need to GTFO: Not being able to get a preorder. Basing reviews of a game only on the connection issues and not the game. Graphics which only the people with $5000 machines can play. Issues with the way the game is coded. Options that you wish had been in the game but aren't ( I wish they had flying purple unicorns in the game but they dont so "0/10".) Lack of skill points which are a thing of the past, many games are getting away from them in favor or variability in spells and difficult choices on which spells/skills to use. Basing reviews on how the Beta was. Crying because there are too many "WoW" similarities (Heaven forbid a company has similarities to one of their other games which is one of the most popular games in history.)

This is just another reason why having user reviews is a giant waste of time. Let unbiased game reviews/magazines let you know how good/bad a game was. Not cry baby fan boys. And yes that apparently means my own. *sad face*
  10. May 19, 2012
    Made an account just to review this. The game is amazing, im currently just about to hit level 60 on hell and its just more fun and challenging for every minute that passes. People whine alot about the launch, but they also forget that the technology to handle millions of people connecting to servers at the same time smoothly doesnt exist. Yes they could've implemented a queue system forMade an account just to review this. The game is amazing, im currently just about to hit level 60 on hell and its just more fun and challenging for every minute that passes. People whine alot about the launch, but they also forget that the technology to handle millions of people connecting to servers at the same time smoothly doesnt exist. Yes they could've implemented a queue system for the login-servers, but people would've whined about that to, since the queues would've been hours long. As a diehard fan of the diablo series (dont play other blizzard games) i can say that this is just what i wanted from diablo, the only bad thing i can think of is not being able to distribute stats and rdm. But you forget about that as soon as you start playing. Expand
  11. May 20, 2012
    As i grew up with diablo 1 and 2 i really wanted to play this game, as i see people are rating this game either with 10 or with 0 so i am not going to do the same... In general terms the game is good, fun and addictive like the old versions of it. Maybe i was missing the 2 previous games too much but i was happy to get back to the diablo universe. The gameplay is classic diablo like we allAs i grew up with diablo 1 and 2 i really wanted to play this game, as i see people are rating this game either with 10 or with 0 so i am not going to do the same... In general terms the game is good, fun and addictive like the old versions of it. Maybe i was missing the 2 previous games too much but i was happy to get back to the diablo universe. The gameplay is classic diablo like we all know it, the cinematics are great and i do like the graphics, even if it feels like there is a part of the goth atmosphere of the old games thats missing and i dont understand exacly what is the reason behind that, although you are fighting demons like always. All in all i am having a lot of fun with diablo 3 and i think that people are a little unfair to it. That being said its an expensive game so think well how much you like the diablo franchise, collecting loot and hack and slash games in general before you buy it Expand
  12. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasionalDiablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasional glitching (normal). No matter how much people hate it I will always be by Diablo's side. Expand
  13. May 20, 2012
    Wow lot's of Blizzard haters. Always stick with the critic reviews. As of this posting 20 of them all positive. User reviews are a joke for this game. It's a piss party.
  14. May 22, 2012
    Well, I've been waiting for Diablo 3 since I started playing Diablo 2 almost 8 years ago in my dad's garage, and while the wait has had lots seen lots of games in between the releases, I believe that the game is a great mix of the classic Diablo formula, with enough new to make it a NEW game. I will ignore the technical difficulties people had at launch for the game, because I predictedWell, I've been waiting for Diablo 3 since I started playing Diablo 2 almost 8 years ago in my dad's garage, and while the wait has had lots seen lots of games in between the releases, I believe that the game is a great mix of the classic Diablo formula, with enough new to make it a NEW game. I will ignore the technical difficulties people had at launch for the game, because I predicted that the game would end up struggling at the beginning because I had played the Open Beta, and it was almost the same situation, if not worse.
    Blizzard knows how to make a game, no doubt, and while it's not a perfect game, (when has anyone ever played a "perfect" game anyways?) It does provide fun, and a decent story. The casting of spells and skills through an action bar is reminiscent of WoW, and the chat system is pulled almost directly from WoW. Not that either of those things are bad, they show that Diablo, as a series, is evolving.
  15. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3 is really good. between the great loot system and the fun combat. It is just amazing. Having not played the first two, i expected to not really know what was going on in the story. However, thankfully a wikia helped me out. And to all of the people that are saying that this game is too short, well, you have not experienced the full of Diablo 3. Take some time, appreciate the workDiablo 3 is really good. between the great loot system and the fun combat. It is just amazing. Having not played the first two, i expected to not really know what was going on in the story. However, thankfully a wikia helped me out. And to all of the people that are saying that this game is too short, well, you have not experienced the full of Diablo 3. Take some time, appreciate the work that has been done. Try the game with different characters. Dont just stop after the first character. Try harder difficulties. Bottom line, Diablo 3 is a fun game that you shouldnt miss. Expand
  16. Jun 4, 2012
    I was really looking forward to Diablo 3, after several years of waiting, I was expecting something amazing. The game is very well done, but I just feel that the story could have been better and the world more immersive (no world map)? PVP will be interesting to see when it comes out. The AH was also done very well. Overall great game, but leaves some to be desired.
  17. Aug 21, 2012
    I am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. GoldI am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. Gold was a mock in D2 time, you may have 50kk gold which worth literally **** nothing, and now even 100k of gold worth a lot in D3. Etc, etc, every point that D2 has, was fixed, re-thinked or made from scratch in better way.
    It was definitely worth to wait 12 years for D3 release, this is superior gem in every aspect offering both excellent single and coop modes experience.
  18. Aug 26, 2012
    I will say the game wasn't great when it first came out, but since patch 1.0.4 has come out i have been playing everyday. Love the new paragon system cause you feel like your making progress regardless of if you get a new piece of gear or not as each level gives you 3% damage and 1%hp and xp doesnt take forever to gain so if you dont have alot of time say 20 minutes to play you can stillI will say the game wasn't great when it first came out, but since patch 1.0.4 has come out i have been playing everyday. Love the new paragon system cause you feel like your making progress regardless of if you get a new piece of gear or not as each level gives you 3% damage and 1%hp and xp doesnt take forever to gain so if you dont have alot of time say 20 minutes to play you can still gain 1 million xp in that time and you still feel like your making progress. It was something this game sorely needed and was a great choice. Its a very rewarding system imo.
    I will also say this game is in its infancy, every other diablo game was pretty bad when it first came out as well and there now critically acclaimed as some of the best arpg's ever.

I wouldnt have given this game a 10 pre patch 1.0.4 but now im having a great time and it has re-taken my life so now it is worth every bit of that 10 to me.
  19. Nov 28, 2012
    Not nearly as bad as people describe it, I consider this a pretty good game although I'm not much of a fan of ARPG genre. For the best gaming experience I recommend not using the auction house feature as you really don't need the stuff to progress as some people say. The only reason I'm not giving it a ten is the story which really isn't something special, but on the other hand, there areNot nearly as bad as people describe it, I consider this a pretty good game although I'm not much of a fan of ARPG genre. For the best gaming experience I recommend not using the auction house feature as you really don't need the stuff to progress as some people say. The only reason I'm not giving it a ten is the story which really isn't something special, but on the other hand, there are in-game books which fill out some of the lore gaps. If you like to progress and don't mind trying out something new ( not just some kind of diablo 2.5) nor playing the same content again, you should enjoy playing this game. Expand
  20. Jan 25, 2013
    Best Hack & Slay & Loot I've ever played!

Innovative skill systems, which let's you adept your way of playing and strategy according to current difficulty and equipment. You can have a challenge on high mp or just be godlike on low mp, just the way you want for your current game session. Polished gameplay. things, that still have to be done - more variation and customization
    Best Hack & Slay & Loot I've ever played!

Polished gameplay.

things, that still have to be done - more variation and customization for the equipment dyes for sets/legendary more legendary/sets.
    - more levels - there are still some bugs, which are frustrating e.g. monk dashing strike bug

Why 10 and not 9 or 8 even so not everything is perfect?!

Blizzard is constantly improving the game!
    if you played it since release (as I did) you would realize immediately, that this company is keen to satisfy the community!

I understand that some players were frustrated at the beginning because of server problems, but rating a game 0 or 1 because of that is just hilarious.

And yes the game is repetitive in terms of location and enemies If you are not willing to play the same locations over and over again, i wouldn't recommend this game for you!

You can also be sure, they will not transform d3 in d2(part2), what a lot of people here seems to want - but some people like me, are really glad they will never do...
  21. Apr 5, 2013
    A Masterpiece of Art, uplifting Mythology, sound, mystery, etc. I LOVE IT NOW PLAYING INFERNO LEVEL. Will play again and again to better understand the mythology and relationships of the STORY which many gamers don't know how to follow.
  22. Nov 23, 2013
    Honestly, most people are just spamming low numbers because the game is online only and the end game is sort of dictated by the auction house.

All in all this is a pretty fun game, the story is pretty average, but the gameplay is simple enough to easily get into but deep enough to keep me interested. This is an extremely polished game and feels great to play. Giving this game a 0 because the first day had server problems is just plain old silly, I understand giving it a 4 or a 5 because you don't agree with always online, but a 0 is just plain old dumb.

I'd give this game an 8.5, I enjoyed playing as the Monk up to 60.
  23. Mar 24, 2014
    i was a day one buyer and the game was a disaster even without the online problems, so i try again 21 months later with regret and frustration building up before i play and try again and well i am surprised to find things are much better, loot drops are way better, enemies scale to your level now, jumping into higher difficulties with new games, paragon levels to keep you playing afteri was a day one buyer and the game was a disaster even without the online problems, so i try again 21 months later with regret and frustration building up before i play and try again and well i am surprised to find things are much better, loot drops are way better, enemies scale to your level now, jumping into higher difficulties with new games, paragon levels to keep you playing after L60-70 and some other small things. i still detest always online (most of all), overall short campaign, standard textures, and no camera settings still but things have improved with the more major issues i had with the game ROS i think will be pretty good content even without act V . D3V would have gotten a 2/10 from release but today its 8/10. Expand
  24. May 22, 2013
    when the game came out is was lashed at by the millions who bought it due to being quite literally unplayable, and when it is playable it was barely even recognised as the game us fans loved, the combat and levelling up was streamlined the levels where more linear and builds where focused around items more so, although the RMAH was a bad idea without it the game would be much harder towhen the game came out is was lashed at by the millions who bought it due to being quite literally unplayable, and when it is playable it was barely even recognised as the game us fans loved, the combat and levelling up was streamlined the levels where more linear and builds where focused around items more so, although the RMAH was a bad idea without it the game would be much harder to play but other then the initial problems the game is fun.
    combat is fluid and polished
    killing is fun as ****
    looting is as fun as ever
    if you can get past the initial flaws you will like this game.
  25. Oct 3, 2014
    I'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in theyI'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in they throw at them but this time have made the game exceptionally easy to keep them playing to milk them for more money with the ridiculous ingame cash shop. The cash shop being the biggest reason this game is getting a big fat zero from me. Cash shops are only allowed in games that didn't cost anything to play in the first place and even then should only sell cosmetic items while with Diablo 3 not only are they over charging for a PC game they're going to push players into continuously spending a lot of money to buy the best weapons which will kill any fun or motive to dungeon crawl to find loot which is exactly what these games are all abou Expand
  26. Oct 22, 2014
    Many of the poor reviews on this game are from launch era gamers. The game has since improved and with the new expansion the game is finally where it needed to be. Everything that fan of the series could want and more. Great for avid and casual gamer's alike. Simple game dynamic for casual players and complex crafting with a very smooth learning curve and excellent game world make this aMany of the poor reviews on this game are from launch era gamers. The game has since improved and with the new expansion the game is finally where it needed to be. Everything that fan of the series could want and more. Great for avid and casual gamer's alike. Simple game dynamic for casual players and complex crafting with a very smooth learning curve and excellent game world make this a no-brainer if you're in the market for an adventure game. It make catch flak from the hardcore stat crunchers of the World of Warcraft players but this game has a nostalgia and honesty that cannot be truly hated by any level of gamer. Plenty of action once the game ends unlocking new modes and challenges while getting to keep your character. Expand
  27. May 25, 2012
    How many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just askHow many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just ask yourself this, who isn't exaggerating when they review this? The haters? Or the supporters? There is no way, even with all the complaints some of these people have that it's a 0, 1, or a 2. That's just simply unrealistic. I scored it out to an 8.4 But I'm gonna give it a 9, just so I can get more dislikes on this post. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  28. May 15, 2012
    Amazing! Superb, Fantastic! Wow this game is so perfect! i wish i could play it all morning but i gotta go to school :( I dont know how people arent liking it by now, maybe "connection error" at much? happy killling :)
  29. May 15, 2012
    I admit this review is unfairly high, as I have only experienced ~3 hours of content so far. However, I rank the game this high because Blizzard has never disappointed me before and the masses of self-entitled jerks skewing the rankings with a 0 need to be counteracted.

The only reason people are ranking the game so low is because the servers were over-whelmed on launch. What do you expect with a global launch of Amazon.com's most pre-ordered game EVER?

I too had trouble logging in last night, as well as the ~4 million other people trying to log in. So I went to bed, and 6 hours later the game functioned perfectly.

TL;DR - Whiny self-entitled kids gave a great game an unfairly low score.
  30. May 16, 2012
    Most of these reviews are just rubbish. Yes, there are issues with server demand and yes, the requirement for a constant internet connection feels unwarranted. But the game itself deserves a far higher score than what is being represented here. The visual and audio style is perfect and the gameplay is very solid. Any fan of the Diablo series should find plenty of value here for their money.
  31. May 15, 2012
    I find it funny that Diablo has been metabombed. The only reason why the score is so low is that whiners/people who can't log in are dropping the score while EVERYONE else is in game and enjoying it. It's an amazing game, yet there are 2 camps of people who will hate it. 1) People who wear rose colored glasses, who mock and deject the games new features (RMAH, free floating talentI find it funny that Diablo has been metabombed. The only reason why the score is so low is that whiners/people who can't log in are dropping the score while EVERYONE else is in game and enjoying it. It's an amazing game, yet there are 2 camps of people who will hate it. 1) People who wear rose colored glasses, who mock and deject the games new features (RMAH, free floating talent system) without understanding the necessity. These are also the people who think the stat allocation/talent trees were a good idea. These people get their jollies off thinking themselves as amazing game developers and the voice of the people, and it's funny because the games that support their voice (SWTOR, Torchlight) play horribly dull because those mechanics just don't work anymore 2) People who get upset really easy and either couldn't afford the game or can't log in Expand
  32. May 15, 2012
    Whiners gonna whine. I love the game and i think that a lot of people are whining like hell, i give it 10/10 because it is like i expected, and until now i have loved every second of it
  33. May 15, 2012
    This game is a work of art, the graphics are obviously not supposed to be like Call of Duty or Battlefield, they're supposed to be unique to reflect the darkness of the world of sanctuary. The game play was exactly what i hopped it would be and the loot system is very rewarding. I was a little irked about the removal of skill point but this was easily over looked by the greatness ofThis game is a work of art, the graphics are obviously not supposed to be like Call of Duty or Battlefield, they're supposed to be unique to reflect the darkness of the world of sanctuary. The game play was exactly what i hopped it would be and the loot system is very rewarding. I was a little irked about the removal of skill point but this was easily over looked by the greatness of every moment playing the game. This game is remarkable and everyone giving it bad reviews i.e. 0s are whinny children who are upset that they couldn't log on the moment the servers went live. People have to understand that 5 million people can not simultaneously log on to blizzards servers. Expand
  34. Sep 26, 2012
    Well...4 months since launch and it is still absolutely terrible. Buy torchlight 2, borderlands 2, literally any other game but this. Blizzard has built a "game" that was never intended to be a fun user experience it was intended to gouge its playerbase for $ in the RMAH. This is the most unrewarding game released in a long time and it isn't even close.
  35. Xon
    Jan 25, 2013
    IGNORE THE HATERS

There is much to enjoy and admire in this game, if this is your cup of tea. personally, I've spent countless hours replaying the game with different characters. I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun,
    IGNORE THE HATERS

I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun, perhaps you will too.
  36. May 15, 2012
    Trying to bump up the score because of trolls. Oh and it's a great game, the servers are down? Cry more, they're obviously trying to fix them. I hate you entitled piece of **** "gamers" so much, now gtfo and play some other game.
  37. May 15, 2012
    Its exceeded my expectations and I've loved it thoroughly so far. I loved the game since I was a kid and it has hit the Diablo standard I had for it and then added another level to that complexity to make it an amazing game.
  38. May 15, 2012
    Haven't beat the game yet, but I love it. Music (Soundtrack), graphics (backdrops, spell effects, character portraits & models), and game play are all masterful. Yes, there are server issues, and with Blizzard's Battle.net paradigm these problems are understandable. You might have to wait a bit for service to work flawlessly, but Blizz typically does not disappoint. Perhaps most strikingHaven't beat the game yet, but I love it. Music (Soundtrack), graphics (backdrops, spell effects, character portraits & models), and game play are all masterful. Yes, there are server issues, and with Blizzard's Battle.net paradigm these problems are understandable. You might have to wait a bit for service to work flawlessly, but Blizz typically does not disappoint. Perhaps most striking about this game is the potential it shows -- PvP is missing, there are few character customization options, and the storyline is on the short side (though not at all if you include the various difficulties), but it's easy to tell that Blizzard will do *a lot* with this game. The diehards are all spamming negative reviews about the Real Money Auction House making the game a "pay-to-win" game and capitalizing on this(not so, read the D3 RMAH FAQ on the D3 site), the always online requirement for the game(if you understand the nature of Battle.net, this becomes a non-issue), and that it's like WoW (there are influences, yes, but these games are incredibly dissimilar for many, many reasons). Based on the expectations I'm hearing, I'm not sure what many of them were hoping for. Of course most of it boils down to sad drivel like this: "this game is **** away from it at all costs,it is extremely dumbed down and downright boring to play,i so regret buying this game,it is a wow clone". Diehard trolls aside, this is a fantastic game -- definitely money well spent! (D3:CE) Expand
  39. May 15, 2012
    This is not Diablo 2. It is not the same as Diablo 2. however, it is a worthy successor, keeping the engaging and addicting gameplay while tweaking a few things here and there. Give it a try before dismissing it. This will certainly be a wild ride!
  40. May 15, 2012
    Worth sequel well worth what I paid & waited for. Everything is improved upon, fun and bloody. Already spent hours just being nostalgic and slaughtering tons of demons. I can't wait for more of the end game bosses, the classes are extremely bad ass to play with, my personal choice Barbarian.
  41. May 15, 2012
    This game is everything I wanted it to be and more! So so good! Kudos Bilzzard! Once the servers become stable I think this game is going to be incredible!
  42. May 15, 2012
    The game is great. With the exception of the expected blizzard fail on launch day (does it actually still surprise people that blizzard ALWAYS fails on launch day?), it plays smooth. Visuals are nice, music is phenomenal, the gameplay/combat is smooth and fluid. The attribute/Talent removal was a little odd, but the skill selection being capped at 6 on your bar, and the rune system reallyThe game is great. With the exception of the expected blizzard fail on launch day (does it actually still surprise people that blizzard ALWAYS fails on launch day?), it plays smooth. Visuals are nice, music is phenomenal, the gameplay/combat is smooth and fluid. The attribute/Talent removal was a little odd, but the skill selection being capped at 6 on your bar, and the rune system really allow you to make your abilities the way you want them. It allows you to pick/choose your skills without having to have specific ones talented into to make you 'cookie cutter' since they are all unlocked anyhow. I've played as much as I could today with servers being down and having to work, and I'm loving it so far. If you are expecting a graphically updated diablo 2, you will be disappointed. This is a new game with new mechanics, but I am enjoying it so far. The crafting system is very different from anything that was in diablo 2, and its a nice change of pace to give you something to do with your random items/gold laying around. Expand
  43. May 16, 2012
    The game is great and I like it a lot. Act 1 is easy cause it is for training and there are people who cant see it, plus you are playing at normal. Mixed feelings wth the DRM, but it does not bother me. RMAH, okay someone wants to pay for stuff, it does not affect your gameplay. You dont need customization with skillpoints cause you put it always the same way. If you cant log in game andThe game is great and I like it a lot. Act 1 is easy cause it is for training and there are people who cant see it, plus you are playing at normal. Mixed feelings wth the DRM, but it does not bother me. RMAH, okay someone wants to pay for stuff, it does not affect your gameplay. You dont need customization with skillpoints cause you put it always the same way. If you cant log in game and never played the game, dont rate it. Expand
  44. May 16, 2012
    Torchlight 2 > Diablo 3. Many of the original developers of Diablo 1 and 2 worked on that game and it shows. Diablo 3 is just fancy colors and is lacking in-depth addictive gameplay.
  45. May 16, 2012
    I love this game. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 for years, and even if this game is different from first 2 titles, I've found it amazing. It's all I'm waiting for: fast action hack'n'slash game with some rpg elements. And every new level it adds me more choice to build my character. I can't wait to ding level 60 so I can appreciate this game at its best.
  46. May 16, 2012
    Had a lot of issues with the servers, But when I did get to play I had tons of fun! I played all the diablo titles and This one so far is my favorite.
  47. May 16, 2012
    "Uhhhh this game sucks because nobody can log-in!" has been the last 24 hours' chorus, and I undoubtedly support the idea that a DRM forcing you to log-in even when in Single Player can upset somebody. Now, please, think again: Blizzard justified the online-thingy placing online features in the SP mode too, at least, not like others which force you to log and check every time, without"Uhhhh this game sucks because nobody can log-in!" has been the last 24 hours' chorus, and I undoubtedly support the idea that a DRM forcing you to log-in even when in Single Player can upset somebody. Now, please, think again: Blizzard justified the online-thingy placing online features in the SP mode too, at least, not like others which force you to log and check every time, without "feeling" the game as "online". You can like this, or don't, but it's a choice that brought classical online related problems, nothing more or less than that. Next in line "The graphic sucks! It's not like Diablo 2!" of course it isn't. DIII is not like DII in the same way DII was not like Diablo itself, with all the deserts, swamps, mountain etcetera. We all can say there were no "blue colored tendencies" in the first two games, but still, I can't see where it's wrong having them for a start. I myself am a GM for many RPGs, and when I tell a dark story, I don't get upset because my wizard wants to dress yellow, or because somebody describes his/her spell as "colourful", nor do I accuse them to be "WOW themed". Next, again: "The artistic direction is too much like WOW!" okaaay, calm down, let's have a look at Starcraft II. Now, look again. Doesn't it seem like WOW? No? That's because it's setting is Sci-Fi, the artistic idea behind it is pretty much the same. The new Blizzard's artistic direction is this, you like it or you don't, deal with it. I won't dislike a game because it's different from its predecessor. I don't like WOW graphics, true, but that's mainly because I have a low poly model for my PC right in my face, and not looking at it from a distance. Next: "It's all flat and automatic! No skill trees or customizable characteristics!" do you hear yourselves? Have you even tried to make something different from a Hammerdin or some other somebody-else-made builds in DII? If you did, does the lack of customizable characteristics upset you? Thanks. I personally made a strange face when I understood that skills could be changed only through Skill Runes, but this WILL necessary lead to a multitude of different builds, since one WON'T be overpowered than another, so no more Hammerdins, and no more lame builds. Have fun slashing and killing with your personal build, and get away with the loot. More: "The story is flat, dialogues are below standard!" again, think of Diablo II. Do you remember particularly epic moments beside cutscenes? This is Diablo, it's an ARPG, it's mostly about casting, slashing and stepping on your foes' corpses, Has this stopped you from playing DII two, three or more times in a row? I don't think so. Just a final thought, the "art" in DIII is incredible, the way they played with the knowledge that the game would be seen from one perspective only in the making of scenery, effects, etcetera is beyond imagination, and I love it, with its colours and its "notsomuchlikethefirsttwoonesness". It is okay if you don't like something, somebody wants to shoot at me because I don't like the Uncharted franchise for an example, but this won't keep me from giving a 10 to a game I waited so much for, and I love, even if it has moved in another direction from his roots. Expand
  48. May 16, 2012
    Believe me, I would love to live in a world where this game is a 3.6, but it's simply not. It's polished, fun, and what you would expect from Blizzard. It's and updated D2, that has been streamlined on the skill point and attribute end. The "hardcore" players can say what they want, but I've been playing since the original Diablo and they are for the best. You don't have to look up a buildBelieve me, I would love to live in a world where this game is a 3.6, but it's simply not. It's polished, fun, and what you would expect from Blizzard. It's and updated D2, that has been streamlined on the skill point and attribute end. The "hardcore" players can say what they want, but I've been playing since the original Diablo and they are for the best. You don't have to look up a build on the internet and make sure you put the exact right points in all their places, and feel remorseful if you didn't. You just bash demon skulls, which is why you play Diablo... So, let the flamers flame, It's still a good game!

Also, the errors are almost all attributed to the servers, which is just something we should expect with an online required game. They will even out after a day or two. Kiddies these days expect perfection from everything. If it isn't purrrfect on day one they Flame On, it's ridiculous. Most of the people who rated 0 on here will still play and love the game. Do I fully agree with the DRM? No, but it or any other feature in the game a surprise? No, exactly as f-ing advertised. Quit crying and go play the game!
  49. May 16, 2012
    I found this game to be exactly what it described itself as. A first class ARPG. I had no problems installing and playing the game after the initial 24 hour hiccups. If you were smart and took advantage of the open beta weekend to try the game and liked it, then it only gets better. I was/am a fan of the series and have played D1/D2 for years and only see the series moving in aI found this game to be exactly what it described itself as. A first class ARPG. I had no problems installing and playing the game after the initial 24 hour hiccups. If you were smart and took advantage of the open beta weekend to try the game and liked it, then it only gets better. I was/am a fan of the series and have played D1/D2 for years and only see the series moving in a direction I like. Fast game play with less behind the scenes searching the web for the "best" build. The duping and hacked game play have been taking care of with most information hosted serverside. Downside of that is no "local" play, but worth it in the end for a secure game. "Ganking" has been taken care of with open world pvp removed. If you are into pvp there still is the option for arena style pvp coming in a future patch.
    Over all a very happy experience.
  50. May 16, 2012
    People can say what they want, but most of the changes are for the best. If you played all the Diablo's it is easy to see within about 5 minutes that it is more fun, more depth, and takes more skill to play. Diablo 3 is amazing.
  51. May 17, 2012
    Incredible. Blizzard has really blown me away here. The game is incredibly addicting and is sure to last long, with all the different classes, auction house, difficulties, very fun co-op, and the soon to be here PvP should be pretty good. Definitely recommend.
  52. May 17, 2012
    Before I review i will say one thing.Stop Raging about connection and complaining that it isn't Diablo 2.
    Ive been playing the game for a few hours now and it has been great.I don't mind the real money AH and think it might actually be good.If your a Diablo fan then buy this game.
  53. May 17, 2012
    My first review was apparently removed by one of the cowardly staff that manages the comments here. As punishment, I will post again. And, I give Diablo III a 10 now, not a 9. All of you complaining about the game and how terrible it is have not played it long enough. It' spectacular. Enough said. If you don't like it, go to another game and be done with it. Or hey! Start your ownMy first review was apparently removed by one of the cowardly staff that manages the comments here. As punishment, I will post again. And, I give Diablo III a 10 now, not a 9. All of you complaining about the game and how terrible it is have not played it long enough. It' spectacular. Enough said. If you don't like it, go to another game and be done with it. Or hey! Start your own game-writing company.. We'll see how well you fare... Expand
  54. May 17, 2012
    I'm sorry. I get that you are frustrated by the online issue. But this game is near perfection in every category. Go drown your heads in ice water, there is steam pouring from your ears.
  55. May 21, 2012
    Good game, what a difference that write bad about it? Use your head and evaluate for yourself! The main let fix some problems with lags, which are sometimes...
  56. May 30, 2012
    This is a REAL review and not some fanboy or whiny brat.

I was 19 years old when Diablo 1 came out and loved the hell out of it. I also played Diablo 2 as well and it was extremely fun. I've been a gamer for well over 25 years and have seen the good and the bad. In a nutshell, Diablo 3 is a FUN game that really brings back the feeling of old school dungeon crawling from D1 and D2.
    This is a REAL review and not some fanboy or whiny brat.

In a nutshell, Diablo 3 is a FUN game that really brings back the feeling of old school dungeon crawling from D1 and D2. There are some things that I wish they kept, such as town portal and identify scrolls instead of just clicking a hotkey for free, but overall they really have done an excellent job.

One of my beefs is the "always online" mode which is extremely annoying. I took two points off for that decision by Blizzard. The graphics are pretty nice, the sound is on par for what you would expect, the monsters are well thought out and fun to kill.

Don't listen to the trolls. If you enjoyed D2 and are not some major dickweed that will complain about everything, you will enjoy D3.
  57. May 15, 2012
    It's diablo 3 not diablo 2-2, you can't expect just a refreshed diablo 2. It's a new game, give it a chance and don't review based on battlenet, review on the game.
  58. May 15, 2012
    This game is... Perfect. Screw the server issues, the gameplay totally makes up for it. It is like i'm 14 again, playing d2 for the first time. I am gonna beat this game sooo many times.
  59. May 15, 2012
    great game. diverse and different in all the best ways from the original. few clunky issues with interface and server issues on first day, but overall, great.
  60. May 15, 2012
    Great Game. If you love the other D1 and D2 you will love this, too many people complaining about a Release date.. of course its going to have server problems. only negative thing i have to say about Diablo 3 is that the single player should of stayed in, But can you blame them? players always trying to hack and dupe items, they are just trying to make it enjoyable for everyone.
  61. May 15, 2012
    Hey guys come on! Distribute points where they are always the same by the class you are... the automatic unlock of skills when you level up... please they only save us some useless time. The game is all about fun. Keep the game alive is the devs only worry., and guess.. they do it
  62. May 16, 2012
    Honestly these user reviews are useless. Bunch of whiney nerds crying about the price, DRM, and day one server issues. The game is a lot of fun...granted its no Diablo II but its still more than worth playing and enjoying.

63. May 17, 2012
    There are so many people on here who seem to not understand that when you review something you review the game itself, not your own petty feelings for the company. I wish the online gaming community was more mature at times, instead of acting like children. but anyway i thought the game itself was / is fantastic, i'm having a blast playing through all the difficulties, and the online funThere are so many people on here who seem to not understand that when you review something you review the game itself, not your own petty feelings for the company. I wish the online gaming community was more mature at times, instead of acting like children. but anyway i thought the game itself was / is fantastic, i'm having a blast playing through all the difficulties, and the online fun with friends just adds another element of amazing to an already overly solid game. Expand
  64. May 17, 2012
    I signed up for metacritic just so I could balance out some of these negative reviews. I think they're completely unjustified. I think it's an awesome game. I think they took some of the best of D2 and improved on it well. If you wanted just D2 with better graphics then I think you misunderstand how the video game industry works. Try Kickstarter or something. I can understand theI signed up for metacritic just so I could balance out some of these negative reviews. I think they're completely unjustified. I think it's an awesome game. I think they took some of the best of D2 and improved on it well. If you wanted just D2 with better graphics then I think you misunderstand how the video game industry works. Try Kickstarter or something. I can understand the complaints about server problems. I was quite disappointed in that and the inconvenience associated with the online only aspect deserves some lost points in the rating. But giving the game a zero for it is like throwing away good food because your waiter was rude.
    As for the complaints about customizability, even in my gaming heyday, in the era of D1 and D2, I didn't have the time to experiment with every possible customization. I thought that collecting runes and gems and set items was so tedious and time-consuming, I'm glad they simplified it a bit. Now for some of the things I like.
    I like the graphics. I adjusted the settings so that it runs really smoothly and the graphics are still beautiful and what I would have expected.
    I like that you can dye bits of armor to change your character's appearance. Simple thing but it shows they still understand that customization is important.
    Fun and simple gameplay. I don't need it to be the most challenging I do every day. And higher difficulties and hardcore characters still allow for more intensity for those who want it.
    I like the achievements. It's kinda par for the course with games these days but I think it adds something good to the game.
    I like not having to carry around mana or scrolls.
    These are just a few of the unique features that I love about D3. I think it's a great game. And I'll say it again, if you're disappointed that D3 isn't just D2 with better graphics, I think your expectations are unrealistic and it's no wonder you're disappointed.
    It's a great game with some minor flaws. Period.
  65. May 17, 2012
    Everything I expected and more. The none stop action with blood and gore flying. Skill system you can adjust to the situation, do I wanna be more bursty dps or sustained? do I wanna be more tanky? np just adjust my skills and runes. The Graphics are very nice its like being in a living painting and it runs great on my radeon 6850 100+ fps max settings 1080p. Once you get past normal theEverything I expected and more. The none stop action with blood and gore flying. Skill system you can adjust to the situation, do I wanna be more bursty dps or sustained? do I wanna be more tanky? np just adjust my skills and runes. The Graphics are very nice its like being in a living painting and it runs great on my radeon 6850 100+ fps max settings 1080p. Once you get past normal the game becomes challenging, making you need to use tactics and actually think.

Awesome game, dont get all the negative reviews..must be trolls
  66. May 17, 2012
    Excelente juego apegado a su estilo de juego un poco más intuitivo y fácil de usar. La espera ha valido la pena. Cambiaría el puntero del mouse por algo más original pero esperemos que el futuro traiga estas y muchas mas mejoras
  67. May 17, 2012
    The game overall is great, amazing story, intresting spells...ext. normal mode felt a bit casual but the difficulty increases significantly in nightmare, hell and inferno difficultys. The auction house is a nice touch and the ability to use real money if you want is a great way to eleminate gold and item sellers. The graphics are nice and not to demanding, boss fights are fun andThe game overall is great, amazing story, intresting spells...ext. normal mode felt a bit casual but the difficulty increases significantly in nightmare, hell and inferno difficultys. The auction house is a nice touch and the ability to use real money if you want is a great way to eleminate gold and item sellers. The graphics are nice and not to demanding, boss fights are fun and difficult. Overall just a great game. Although there are sone bugs (to be expected with a 3day old game) and some balance issues. Its still one if not the best game i have played in 2012. Expand
  68. May 17, 2012
    I'm stunned that some rate this game NOT on its actual content. I'm sure that some haven't even played the game. Anyhow (ignoring the internet connection and some minor problems that some might have), this game is one of the best action-RPGs that I have ever played. Great story, animation, brilliant, emotional and terrifying cinematics that truly makes you wish that Blizzard would make aI'm stunned that some rate this game NOT on its actual content. I'm sure that some haven't even played the game. Anyhow (ignoring the internet connection and some minor problems that some might have), this game is one of the best action-RPGs that I have ever played. Great story, animation, brilliant, emotional and terrifying cinematics that truly makes you wish that Blizzard would make a movie out of the world of Diablo. As far as gameplay goes, it is a classic hack and slash (with a twist of strategy, because you have to sell, craft and sometimes make hard decisions on what suitable weapons or items you need and which ones you need to get rid of...or store). This brought back all the fun memories of Diablo and Diablo 2, it makes you want to play it more and more. The graphics in this game is different to that of Diablo 2 but I think for the better. it is very well done. Some scenes in the game are absolutely mind blowing, you will not be disappointed. Prepare to lose many hours on this one... Expand
  69. May 18, 2012
    so what diablo had connection issues who cares! the game is just fantastic so say the least. the game is a pretty good length with loads of replay value, all the characters are unique and should be played differently. people interested in PvP its coming of no charge! the game has so many types of loot to just go out and look for and the maps have great scale!
  70. May 19, 2012
    Blizzard had some initial problem with their server capacity, but for now all of the issues seem to be resolved. Being always on-line is not really a great deal if you buy the original, and of course have a decent internet connection (which I don't posses unfortunately). The game is a great experience. Graphics are not astonishing but the developers managed to keep the atmosphere of firstBlizzard had some initial problem with their server capacity, but for now all of the issues seem to be resolved. Being always on-line is not really a great deal if you buy the original, and of course have a decent internet connection (which I don't posses unfortunately). The game is a great experience. Graphics are not astonishing but the developers managed to keep the atmosphere of first and second part. The skills system is innovative and really friendly for the user. The only thing I don't really get is why players can not decide which stats to upgrade and which not. That's the worst thing in the game i guess, it makes the player feel not needed at all. Apart from that - great job blizzard ! waiting for an expansion pack :) Expand
  71. May 19, 2012
    Everybody seems to love to have a game to hate atm. most of these people reviewing the game have probably never played it.
    Personally. I love it! the game features all the loot you can handle, great gameplay, and the graphics suit the story and such perfectly!
    10 outta 10 from me!
  72. May 19, 2012
    A lot of people have taken it upon themselves since this game released to bash it pretty relentlessly; these people approached the game with a very strong sense of entitlement, with very high expectations, and with nostalgia for Diablo II filtering their experience. Yes, the release was a debacle - for a few hours, anyway, and only for basement-dwelling losers who simply couldn't waitA lot of people have taken it upon themselves since this game released to bash it pretty relentlessly; these people approached the game with a very strong sense of entitlement, with very high expectations, and with nostalgia for Diablo II filtering their experience. Yes, the release was a debacle - for a few hours, anyway, and only for basement-dwelling losers who simply couldn't wait until Tuesday morning to play the game. For the rest of us, it is a complete non-issue.

Of course Blizzard's servers couldn't handle the midnight launch, because this launch was an anomaly. D3's launch was like the release of The Avengers; you and everyone you know saw it Thursday night at midnight, just like everyone else. That has never, ever happened with the release of an online game, and Blizzard very reasonably expected only a fraction of everyone who pre-ordered the game to log in immediately. Buying and running enough servers to accommodate literally every person on the face of the planet who bought the game would be incredibly expensive, and merely hours after launch, all those extra servers would become totally unnecessary. So yes, the launch wasn't perfect, but it's not really fair to place all the blame on Blizzard either.

The game requires an internet connection at all times during play. Part of this is Blizzard's attempt at anti-piracy measures. Mostly it's just the way the game is structured. Do people complain about MMORPGs that don't have offline-modes? Of course they don't, because MMOs are built around online play. You know what Diablo III is built like? An MMORPG. It has a real-time auction house, for crying out loud. Yes, the other Diablo games set a precedent for being offline single-player games with online options, but that was over a decade ago, and this is now, and D3 is not a single-player game. It is a multiplayer game with a single-player option, and as far as I'm concerned, that's perfectly fine. I'll be honest, I've never had much fun playing Diablo or Diablo II offline. For me they were mostly boring games that only became fun when other people were involved, and I don't think my experience is terribly unique.

So how is Diablo III? Pretty awesome. The graphics aren't cutting edge, but they're certainly not terrible, and the game will run on just about any computer, meaning more people to play with; it's the same strategy Blizzard has been using with WoW for years, and so far, it seems to work. For the nostalgic types, yes, the game is still isometric, items and gold still make the same noises when they drop, and for the most part, Blizzard has very skillfully refined and updated the gameplay formula that made the previous Diablo games so much fun, without ever losing the spirit of it. Each class is unique and fun to play, the variety of gear is mind-boggling, leveling feels faster and more rewarding, and the skills and skill runes make classes far, far more customizable than they were previously. Even wailing on monsters in this game feels better than it did before (and it looks and sounds better too).

All in all, Diablo III is a fun game, especially if you have friends. It's definitely a step in the more casual direction compared to its predecessors, but that just means it's different, not inherently bad. If you like dungeon-crawling old-school RPGs, you'll like Diablo III. You could certainly be doing worse things with your time, like Denial-of-Service attacking an online game server at its midnight launch or writing ultra-negative reviews of said game based solely on your own ignorance.
  73. May 20, 2012
    Initial launch problems and always- online drm aside, I can safely say that this game will consume the next few months (years?) of my life! 4 difficulties and 5 characters- there's not many games that I would consider playing through 20 times over. At first I thought the way they've changed the skill system was a bit odd, but it does make sense, still tonnes of options and it encouragesInitial launch problems and always- online drm aside, I can safely say that this game will consume the next few months (years?) of my life! 4 difficulties and 5 characters- there's not many games that I would consider playing through 20 times over. At first I thought the way they've changed the skill system was a bit odd, but it does make sense, still tonnes of options and it encourages experimentation over forethought- in d2 you would have to level a new alt to try out a different build, which you might end up finding its a fail, or just not fun to play. I've seen people complaining that the game is too short after killing Diablo on normal, but this is missing the whole point of the game- the constant character improvement and gearing that continues into nightmare mode and beyond. Liked the storyline, it's nothing mind blowing and it is very predictable, but it does the job. Visuals are brilliant- they may not be the highest quality compared to other AAA games, but the art direction is superb and it fits the game just fine. Character models seem a little bland close up, but it's not a major concern to me tbh.

All in all, Diablo 3 is superb- true the fact you are reliant on the battle.net servers even in single player is a major pain in the butt, but to be honest the only day I had any problems was on launch, and I've only had 1 disconnect since then. Well worth the £28 I paid for it.
  74. May 20, 2012
    All of you are serious! saying that this game have bad graphics!? If you do, then a lot of you doesn't know anything about good looking game. I confirm that game has a cartoonish look, but for me it looks great, i maxed out video settings and graphic is simple pleasant ( i am playing games 14 years, played D1 and D2) Compared to Diablo 2, Diablo 3 have outstanding graphic and sound. DontAll of you are serious! saying that this game have bad graphics!? If you do, then a lot of you doesn't know anything about good looking game. I confirm that game has a cartoonish look, but for me it looks great, i maxed out video settings and graphic is simple pleasant ( i am playing games 14 years, played D1 and D2) Compared to Diablo 2, Diablo 3 have outstanding graphic and sound. Dont expect with 10 years old computers to run this game (graphics built in sprites is behind us and D3 have to evolve so your computers with it) and rate it low only because you are not able to play on old computers. I am enjoying playing this game and already finished it, but started over with another class and i dont feel boring playing again the same. I am giving the 8 from 10 because you have to be online all the time if you want to play and -1 for short story (finished for 12 hourses on normal) Expand
  75. May 20, 2012
    Yes you have to deal with Blizzard's garbage policies. Yes it's worth it. I don't know where all the naysayers were months/years ago while the game was in development, because 90% of the complaints people seem to have about the game have been known about for a looong time. No Diablo 3 isn't perfect, but it is a worthy successor in the series.
  76. May 20, 2012
    The best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiarThe best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiar with launches of this magnitude. Negative user reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, as you can see, the official reviews are 100% positive. Expand
  77. May 20, 2012
    Even I encounter a secious problem while installing (which take a whole day to solved), but once I played and found out that Blizzard still at thier best! Diablo 3 is the best Action RPG with new system has been improved from the second, make you addicted and want to keep playing through.
  78. May 21, 2012
    I'm going to start this off by saying PLEASE DISREGARD ALL THE NEGATIVE USER REVIEWS. 98% of them are either copy-pastes of each other, or the people who wrote them provide no valid support for their arguments about the graphics, sound, gameplay, or the online interactions. Or they're just totally over-reacting over the rough launch the game had (server issues, basically). Those are prettyI'm going to start this off by saying PLEASE DISREGARD ALL THE NEGATIVE USER REVIEWS. 98% of them are either copy-pastes of each other, or the people who wrote them provide no valid support for their arguments about the graphics, sound, gameplay, or the online interactions. Or they're just totally over-reacting over the rough launch the game had (server issues, basically). Those are pretty much smoothed out now. Also, people really need to understand that going by hype when it comes to games is ALWAYS a mistake, no matter how good the game really is. Diablo 3 is made by BLIZZARD, so of course it's going to get way over-hyped. More importantly, the previous Diablo games were made back during the golden age of games, which is sadly gone now. This type of game was very unique in those days, so OF COURSE the first two Diablo games had that awesome wow-factor that games these days rarely match. Diablo 3 came out a DECADE after its predecessor. That's a very long time. You can't expect it to be an instant cult classic. Actually, the very fact that it's this good after a whole decade of other loot games coming out and watering the genre down is pretty impressive. Anyway, regarding the details. Diablo 3 looks great. If you compare it to Diablo 2, it's light years ahead in visuals. Spell effects are awesome looking (though tend to be expensive to render, even with the limiter enabled). The big open fields and dungeons you get to explore have a very awesome painterly look to them and it can be very hard to tell where polygons are even at sometimes (this is a very good thing).. Diablo 3 looks great, despite not having super high tech shaders, high poly models, and high resolution textures. Blizzard did a fantastic job budgeting the visuals so they were relatively inexpensive to render while looking great. People complain about it looking too cartoony and I guess they expected Blizzard to go for a realistic look. Quite frankly, Diablo 2 never even had a realistic look to it to begin with, so the mindset that Blizzard screwed up with the visuals is pretty convoluted in my opinion. Diablo is a fantasy after all. Cartoonish and surreal visuals are practically a staple amongst the genre. Regardless, Blizzard maintained a level of grittiness suitable for the Diablo series, while giving the art style a deft touch. That's a win in my books. And sounds? I think the ONLY thing I could possibly complain about is the occasional iffy voice acting on certain characters. Decard Cain's "feeble Sean Connery-sounding" voice gets a bit annoying at times, but he's only in the first act, so it's not a big deal. A few random skills have weak sound effects I guess. The impact sound for the Barbarian's leap ability is a bit odd, for instance. Other than that, the soundtrack is fantastic and the voice casting is overall pretty solid. As for plot and story. Yes, it's not the strongest and some things are predictable, but it's there and it's presented in a way that isn't intrusive to gameplay at all. It's there to give you a sense of direction; why you're in this dungeon and what your primary goals are throughout each act. The pre-rendered cinematics are absolutely incredible to watch too. something Blizzard has always done incredibly well (just make a movie already). There's minor cut scenes which are just sketched art on books, with your character narrating events and whatnot. Those are surprisingly painless to watch. Overall, Diablo 3's story just flows with the gameplay nice and simple, even if it's not riveting or totally original. On to animations. This is one thing that's somewhat weak regarding Diablo, and is one of the reasons I'm giving the game an 8. Animations aren't HORRIBLE but they're not perfect either. In-game cutscenes are rather awkward to watch because what TECHNICALLY goes on in cutscenes is so misguided and poorly emphasized in the character animations. Blizzard didn't really bother to do any extensive choreography for characters, so they simply look like NPCs moving around in the game world rather than characters acting on a stage. It's a very common thing in video games and it's not a HUGE letdown or anything, though if Blizzard had done some serious choreography, it would have gone a very long way and made experiencing the actual story a lot more enjoyable. As for combat and whatnot, animations look fine to me. Monster mobs look menacing at times, and your abilities LOOK like they pack a punch (especially if you go Monk or Barbarian). Character movement animations are solid, and the basic attack animations are well-done. Essentially, combat encompasses all the strong points of Diablo 3's animations as whole. Lastly, the gameplay is fantastic. Simple controls, overhauled inventory system, skills are very intuitive. Combat is very fun and fast-paced. I miss the customized attribute system, but the new system works great, even if you get less customization. Not a HUGE deal though. Expand
  79. May 22, 2012
    I am having some serious fun playing this game. In my case, most of my gaming friends don't live close to me anymore, so using Battlenet multiplayer is a good thing. We just use Ventrilo or mumble for VOIP. Alot of people wish it had a single player offline version. I agree with this. I would be online anyway, but I can see the point in it. Of-course it does suck if Blizzards servers goI am having some serious fun playing this game. In my case, most of my gaming friends don't live close to me anymore, so using Battlenet multiplayer is a good thing. We just use Ventrilo or mumble for VOIP. Alot of people wish it had a single player offline version. I agree with this. I would be online anyway, but I can see the point in it. Of-course it does suck if Blizzards servers go down or glitch out, like they did the first few days after release. That is why I am only giving the game a 9. However, The game is very fun. Act 1 and most of Act 2 in normal mode are pretty easy, but the difficulty does pick up alot. Before release I replayed Diablo 2. It was still a fun game. Seriously thou, Diablo 3 really does put it to shame in every aspect. I didn't like the idea of no more skill trees and stat points at first, but now I like the new system better than the old. When playing Diablo 2, I would lock into a couple talents and dump all the skill points into them to make them strong. The side effect is I am stuck doing the same thing throughout the game. Diablo 3 is not like that. You can configure your character for different situations like boss fights, outdoor, indoor, etc, and keep changing things up as you keep getting new talents/runes. Great game, lots of fun. I would recommend to anyone with a decent internet connection. Expand
  80. May 22, 2012
    I firmly believe that this game deserves more than what you people are giving it, It is a pretty damn solid game that isent perfect but has the same kind of charm that Diablo 2 had and don't get up in a tantrum because there were server problems and don't blame blizzard! .GO after activition because their corporate control over blizzard causing the server crashes because they areI firmly believe that this game deserves more than what you people are giving it, It is a pretty damn solid game that isent perfect but has the same kind of charm that Diablo 2 had and don't get up in a tantrum because there were server problems and don't blame blizzard! .GO after activition because their corporate control over blizzard causing the server crashes because they are constantly pushed to work on the real money auction house! That's why I am proud to give this game a 9/10. Expand
  81. May 22, 2012
    Having bought Diablo II a few months ago and not getting on well with it (maybe the blocky graphics on a 27" monitor was just a bit too much!), I've started Diablo III with a rather spiffing character and I'm having a blast. Yes the customisation isn't exactly all encompassing from the off and the game play is quite linear but it's still great fun. The conversations are interesting, withHaving bought Diablo II a few months ago and not getting on well with it (maybe the blocky graphics on a 27" monitor was just a bit too much!), I've started Diablo III with a rather spiffing character and I'm having a blast. Yes the customisation isn't exactly all encompassing from the off and the game play is quite linear but it's still great fun. The conversations are interesting, with good voice acting and the sense of further danger and doom ahead hanging over your head.
    The graphics and sound are fantastic and I've had no issues with connections (only played a few hours though).
    A great game that will keep me busy until the 12th of October when the main event, X-Com Enemy Unknown is released (bought an uber P.C for this...anticipation is not the word!)
  82. May 23, 2012
    Absolutely love the game. The simplicity of this game, along with the social aspect, will make it a winner in the long term. The beauty of blizzard's games is revealed in end-game interaction, where a whole new experience manifests. PvP, gear-grinding, and the auction house as a model of an economy will drive the long-term user interaction. I believe this is a winner.
  83. May 23, 2012
    Just to clarify, I'm only talking about the game itself here. I personally don't care about the login issues; they're bound to happen at the launch of such a huge game as this (more than 6 million copies purchased so far), and the Blizzard staff did do their very best to solve any problem as fast as possible.
    Now on to the review: simply put, Diablo 3 is amazing. It takes the best of the 2 previous games and further improves and adds to it.
    The graphics are detailed, pretty and realistic.
    The gameplay is fast, fun, simple at its core yet open to complexity, strategy and a very high level of personalization.
    Each and every class is fun to play. They all have very distinctive "flavors" and personalities and you will want to play though at least Normal mode with each class, just to see their respective characteristics at play.
    The story is good, with a few unexpected twists and a satisfactory ending that still leaves room for future expansions and games on the Diablo franchise.
    The voice acting is beautiful and the characterization is quite deep and credible, which is amazing considering just how short the storyline actually is, at least if compared with a "traditional" RPG like Final Fantasy and its ilk. Even the followers characters feel like real people.
    If you liked Diablo and Diablo 2, I believe you will absolutely love Diablo 3.
  84. Oct 30, 2012
    Diablo 3 isn't perfect but it still a great game. I have played for around 125h, finished the game (inferno) with 2 characters and halfway through on a third one. The game's major problem (may be actually fixed, i have played until patch 1.04) is when people actually get to inferno, the game become pointless. There is almost no legendary drops and 95% of the time, they aren't even good.Diablo 3 isn't perfect but it still a great game. I have played for around 125h, finished the game (inferno) with 2 characters and halfway through on a third one. The game's major problem (may be actually fixed, i have played until patch 1.04) is when people actually get to inferno, the game become pointless. There is almost no legendary drops and 95% of the time, they aren't even good. They did add the paragon system which is good but wasn't enough to keep me playing. Also the constant maintenance on the game that may prevent you from playing when you want to is a little turn off. Expand
  85. Jan 3, 2013
    Just finished the game on diff. level Inferno (i.e. I played through the game 4 times). I can only say it's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and more than worth the buying price. Is it as good as Diablo II? Hard to say, maybe there's a little less long-term motivation to play it, but it's still an excellent game. How it can currently hold a user score of 3.8 on metacritic is beyond me...Just finished the game on diff. level Inferno (i.e. I played through the game 4 times). I can only say it's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and more than worth the buying price. Is it as good as Diablo II? Hard to say, maybe there's a little less long-term motivation to play it, but it's still an excellent game. How it can currently hold a user score of 3.8 on metacritic is beyond me... people here should realize that giving scores like that basically makes the user score on this website look completely unreliable -- even if you think D2+LoD was better, there's no way that D3 is a 3.8. Expand
  86. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the least deserving game to get a low user score I have ever seen. The truth is a lot of the reviewers are simply cult fanatics who grew up with the prequels and have too many complaints because they're too edgy to be satisfied by any follow ups. DRM is acceptable the only people who complain about that are people who want to pirate the game instead of having to dip into funds their parents won't let them have. In truth Diablo 3 is a fantastic game with an inspired artistic style. While it is true that the story cannot be appreciated after repeating every difficulty mode, this reviewer reckons the true fun isn't to be had until one invests in their op legendary gear and starts farming Inferno (10). The truth is the game isn't meant to be soloable at this level because there is a huge dependency on class ability diversity when fighting elite mobs. The story line is brilliant and the real-time rendering of the cinematic cutscenes lives up to Blizzards standards set by the WoW franchise. As little as a user score matters in what is probably one of the most overcritical, insatiable demographics, I must say that Blizzard have barely deserved such treatment when there are much worse games out there receiving better scores simply due to a smaller demographic that doesn't consist of a bunch of whiny little kids.

To the morons who keep complaining about not logging on, there are 3 likely explanations: EIther your internet speed is awful, you pirated the game and you're too stupid to understand what DRM is or you tried to log in during downtime. Regardless, you're a bunch of bloody idiots because you can't review a game that you haven't played just because you're clearly doing something wrong while everyone else is getting on just fine. Seriously, your zeros are worthless!
  87. May 29, 2013
    Some rare and strange appears only in the rare spawn points, this setting is also normal, everyone can sum up, there's always the law to investigate!
  88. May 30, 2013
    The highly controversial Diablo 3 has let down many fans of the franchise, however due to recent patches I have revisited the game and I was shocked at the difference.

Sure it's still not D2, but blizzard has managed to implement subtle changes that change the feel of the game.

If you have quit the game for over 6 months, I do really recommend revisiting. Things have changed
  89. Jun 22, 2013
    That game is absolutely fantastic-YOU ALL give that game 0 or 1. Why? because you said "that's boring". But it's hack n' slash When you know what hack n' slash is- and you don't like it- so why you bought it and play?In newest version lags and kicks are so rare.I think you are only haters of Blizzard.
  90. Sep 5, 2013
    I bought this game the day it came out and I have been playing it ever since, and I must say I love every minute I spend playing it. Even when you complete the game you can just keep going (unlike diablo 2 with a level 99 cap), and the fun never ceases. I would highly recommend this game to other gamers looking for a great RPG to get addicted to.
  91. Feb 10, 2014
    Atleast we can know now that Poe and Torchlight has 5,3K fanboys . Like some1 gives a sh1t about their reviews. This is not Diablo or Diablo 2 deal with it . We are in 2014 and things change.
  92. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that hasExcellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that has server queues like an MMO isn't brilliant, but it's not that bad either. Loving every minute of it. Love the hatorz as well. Wonder why they bought it? (Wonder IF they bought it more like lol) Expand
  93. Nov 20, 2012
    The only and the best online-ARPG now.
    There is a huge amount of hate from gamers, but game is still the best hack'n'slash.
    Major flaw is lack of music (putting music from D2 for example give it great feeling). But aside of external music player is needed the game is great. Yes, it has high price. Yes, it requires an internet connection. Yes, it lacks storyline and music. Yes, normal
    The only and the best online-ARPG now.
    But aside of external music player is needed the game is great.
    Yes, normal mode is boring...
    But... What is the reason that almost everyone who played it on nightmare mode continues to play it more and more (like hundred of hours or more)??? The answer is: D3 is still great game. simple.
  94. May 15, 2012
    Guys save your nerve, dont play Diablo III.
    This follower of an epic D1/D2 line is a complete Blizzard/Activision sluck.
    In their struggle to make more money they just didnt make much servers so the game is Lagging even on single player. Not to mantion the single itself requires connection and your DEATH on HARDMODE will not be remade by a petition if that was due to LAGGS or server Crash
    Guys save your nerve, dont play Diablo III.
    This follower of an epic D1/D2 line is a complete Blizzard/Activision sluck.
    Not to mantion the single itself requires connection and your DEATH on HARDMODE will not be remade by a petition if that was due to LAGGS or server Crash lol!!!
    Oh and if u enjoy realmoney gold selling you are welcome! Blizzard will love you!
  95. May 15, 2012
    Best game I have ever played. I didn't have any of the log-in issues and was at the gym when the server went down. A few days from now when all the problems are solved for good people will recognize the awesomeness of this game.
  96. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the trolls. Diablo 3 is just as fun as its predecessors. I'm about 6 hours in and LOVING it. There have been some hiccoughs at launch, but they will diminish.
  97. May 15, 2012
    Might be fun. Dunno cause errors non-stop and I cant play it. They take a million years to launch this game and no one can log in. Stayed up till 3am to log in at launch, couldnt. Try to play the next day, servers down, couldnt play...
  98. May 15, 2012
    Lets review this game based on login errors and not being able to play. Metacritic user scores were always a joke, but this is just the nail in the coffin for this site. Terrible, terrible site.
  99. May 15, 2012
    I don't think people know what they're talking about, there's a good reason the game has no offline mode and that's because real money auction house wouldn't exist with it. Also their game just launched, haven't you all figured out that online only games tend to get full on release no matter how big the publishers think the servers is? I've enjoyed the game thoroughly with and withoutI don't think people know what they're talking about, there's a good reason the game has no offline mode and that's because real money auction house wouldn't exist with it. Also their game just launched, haven't you all figured out that online only games tend to get full on release no matter how big the publishers think the servers is? I've enjoyed the game thoroughly with and without friends with several classes and it is without a doubt a genuinely entertaining sequel. Expand
  100. May 15, 2012
    What a great game. Sucks that servers are acting up. But the flow and feel of this game are great. The multiplayer experience is awesome and there are so many ways to make a character. I am glad I don't have to do so much un-needed character tweeking. There were only a few goods way to make a character in Diablo 2, so it was way to cumbersome. A lot of silly people out there would say theyWhat a great game. Sucks that servers are acting up. But the flow and feel of this game are great. The multiplayer experience is awesome and there are so many ways to make a character. I am glad I don't have to do so much un-needed character tweeking. There were only a few goods way to make a character in Diablo 2, so it was way to cumbersome. A lot of silly people out there would say they don't like not having to waste time groaning over their stats, but I think if they give a shot they will find this game to be great. Great additions. Can not wait to get to the hard difficulty levels where it will get even more important how you play and what skills you choose based on your team mates build. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012