Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 18, 2012
    Ill sum up all the bad reviews for you. People are complaining about: needing a network connection all the time, release day bugs, graphics, and even sound. These reviews are completely garbage because a game does not deserve a 0 because you cant jam to the sound track, or have blue ray quality graphics. Nearly none reference the actual game play experience which is a great hack n slashIll sum up all the bad reviews for you. People are complaining about: needing a network connection all the time, release day bugs, graphics, and even sound. These reviews are completely garbage because a game does not deserve a 0 because you cant jam to the sound track, or have blue ray quality graphics. Nearly none reference the actual game play experience which is a great hack n slash game with tons of loot. The added hardcore, permanent death mode gives the game a little edge when any mistake could cost your hours of play time. This is a solid game if you are expecting to play a more revised version of the old Diablo, not an entirely different game. Expand
  2. May 18, 2012
    To all the DRM-haters: Diablo III is a co-op multiplayer game with a high emphasis on loot and trading. Making the game accessible off-line would mean the game would once again be riddled with botters, hackers and the like. Diablo III is a fantastic game, with way more replayability than 95% of all other $60 games out there. The graphics may not be state of the art, but they are timelessTo all the DRM-haters: Diablo III is a co-op multiplayer game with a high emphasis on loot and trading. Making the game accessible off-line would mean the game would once again be riddled with botters, hackers and the like. Diablo III is a fantastic game, with way more replayability than 95% of all other $60 games out there. The graphics may not be state of the art, but they are timeless and will age much better than some hyperrealistic shooter that will look aged three years from now. I had great fun today with Diablo III and I expect to have much more fun in the coming months and years. Expand
  3. May 19, 2012
    I really like this game. It probably doesn't deserve a 10, but this review is mostly to counter the hordes of people who gave bad reviews on the launch day, where the game was a little buggy because of high traffic.
  4. May 19, 2012
    Diablo 3? They should call it Diablo 2.5. I say this because the entire adventure is a massive improvement of the previous game. And I really don't like the fact that I can't modify my character. But it's fun to play and I really like to kill monsters online with my friends. I had the server error only one time in 4 days, my machine runs it perfectly(and I don't have an high-end pc, I'veDiablo 3? They should call it Diablo 2.5. I say this because the entire adventure is a massive improvement of the previous game. And I really don't like the fact that I can't modify my character. But it's fun to play and I really like to kill monsters online with my friends. I had the server error only one time in 4 days, my machine runs it perfectly(and I don't have an high-end pc, I've bought it two years ago) and I've not even experienced a little bit of lag. Thumbs up for Blizzard. Again. Expand
  5. May 19, 2012
    This game is well made. There are disturbing trends at work, Explosive negative reactions to things that, in 1999 when i was at my gaming prime would have been forgiven. I dont understand it.;
  6. May 20, 2012
    This is simply the best arpg ever, nothing more nothing less...

I do not get all the haters out there.. if you dont like it you probably didnt buy it so dont rate.. because you did not play it!?

The game is more fun the more you play, unlike in other arpgs you never want to create a new character until your current one gets perfect. It really gets addictive.
  7. May 20, 2012
    Good story, nice multiplayer platform, definitely not easy after you finished normal. Cinematics were awesome, classes are distinct. 10/10
    It has been a long wait, and hell good thing this is worth it.
  8. May 20, 2012
    Best ARPG in last 10 years, it deserves 9/10, but i'm giving it 10/10, because of all this cry babies that are trashing score, only because of server overload in the first 2 days...
  9. May 20, 2012
    There comes a time when positive and negative must way up against each other..diablo is a point and click adventure that is good for what it was made to do but not great as it should have been. As consumers we were hyped up at the idea of a perfect romp of gaming bliss only to be dismayed.But some that had the opportunity to play it were not dissappointed. Its the majority that could notThere comes a time when positive and negative must way up against each other..diablo is a point and click adventure that is good for what it was made to do but not great as it should have been. As consumers we were hyped up at the idea of a perfect romp of gaming bliss only to be dismayed.But some that had the opportunity to play it were not dissappointed. Its the majority that could not not play due to poor servers that have had the biggest gripe,not to mention the majority that forget that a product that does not work is not a product but rather a grand idea. I bought the game and waited for the errors to reside, and i was not dissappointed at all. Diablo 3 is enjoyable, I have spent over 30 hours playing the game and was surprised to see how such a simple idea of click left,click right 1234 could be so addictive once again. Diablo 2 was a great game,many days of dungeon crawling,however this time round its just better,all-round! graphics,sound,story is okay,but it is still diablo..We all knew servers would be a problem,but if you are patient and give the game a chance you will enjoy the adventure over and over again..well done blizzard, just hope i can log in now have to level up! Expand
  10. May 20, 2012
    I have played the game but get booted too many times after about 15-20 minutes,telling: error 3007.
    I don't know why but because you can't save yourself you have to start all over agian from the stage the game has saved.
    Its really annoying.
    After no problems with diablo 2 i regret i bought this game.
  11. May 20, 2012
    I think the game is very good, a masterpiece tbh. However like many others i realy dislike the dependability of the blizzard servers. Beside that i think the hosting party is doing a real bad job. 1) Was not prepared for the early storm 2) patching on sunday 3) lag issues which realy suck in deathmatches. Deciding to make it a online game was bold and gave some benifits to the game,I think the game is very good, a masterpiece tbh. However like many others i realy dislike the dependability of the blizzard servers. Beside that i think the hosting party is doing a real bad job. 1) Was not prepared for the early storm 2) patching on sunday 3) lag issues which realy suck in deathmatches. Deciding to make it a online game was bold and gave some benifits to the game, however this will only succeed if the hosting party does a good job. The fact that people grade this game so low is imo justice for the poor hostingjob. Strange from a party that has so much experiance with onlinegaming.

PS;) Softwaredevelopers you did a great job and i feel sorry that ur hardware collegues messed it up for you ;)
  12. May 20, 2012
    This is my first Diablo game ever, and I really, really like it. Its not the most beautifull game, though it looks pretty artistic, the gameplay is FANTASTIC i truly love it. A litlte shame i cant play right now bcause the servers are down.
  13. May 20, 2012
    The DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and fourThe DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and four difficulty levels and billions of items make for a fantastic game. Diablo 2's failure was that most items were bad, most skills and builds were bad, and online everything was hacked. Diablo 3 has none of those problems. Incredibly disgusting monsters, frightening gangs made chilling by fantastic music and environment. This is a game that will draw you in, if you let it. Expand
  14. May 21, 2012
    I doubt this will even be looked at, but I feel like I have to say something in the wake of so much negative reaction from the Metacritic user base. First of all, is the game perfect? No. There is no getting away from the always on connection and lag in a single player game from time to time -- both of which are a pain. However, these are gripes that can and will be ironed out; offlineI doubt this will even be looked at, but I feel like I have to say something in the wake of so much negative reaction from the Metacritic user base. First of all, is the game perfect? No. There is no getting away from the always on connection and lag in a single player game from time to time -- both of which are a pain. However, these are gripes that can and will be ironed out; offline mode added, number of servers increased, etc.

Once you get into the game, it's still the most enjoyable isometric franchise I can ever remember playing. Combat is satisfying and challenging at higher levels. The classes all have a distinct and differentiated feel about them. The story is good, but the amount rich lore there is to uncover completely enhances it. Graphics could have been better. Environments are stunning but character models definitely have more than a touch of Warcraft about them. I understand that there is a lot going on in certain dungeons, and I've debated with myself if the pros outweigh the cons in this area. I concluded that considering the amount of strain it puts on your system I expect a better end result in this day and age. It's not a gamebreaker by any means, though. In some ways the sound makes up for it. Voice acting, backing tracks, combat effects: all note perfect.

With more content to be added in the future, such as PvP, I do think the potential is there for this game to last years. Some will question if it's better than Diablo 2. The answer is: of course it is. The real question is: is playing the game now in 2012 better than when you first started playing Diablo 2 way back in the late 90's? That's trickier, and only you can answer that one. I can't get past my nostalgia to give a definitive answer, and I suspect ultimately it comes down to how long I genuinely want to keep playing the game for. The best I can say is that I want to want to keep playing it, because right now it's currently my game of the year.
  15. May 21, 2012
    I've loved Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 is a nice suit. The game had been simplified by Blizzard with caract but still interesting. The graphism are good and even with connexions issues I've finished it in normal and now can play in hell. An offline mode would have been good but i can understand that Blizzard doesn't want to cause of hack... maybe in a new patch...
    Sorry for my English...not so good.
  16. May 21, 2012
    Graphics -- Environment detail and design is there if you're looking for it. There are a lot of small touches in the sets and backdrops that are enjoyable to admire. The cut scenes are incredible, as always. Whatever facial animation tech they're using, it's absolutely unreal. And the textures for wax, hair, and skin are top-notch.

Skill Effects -- You're going to be seeing them a lot,

Skill Effects -- You're going to be seeing them a lot, and Blizzard did a great job of making the effects visually impressive without making them tiresome.

Creature Designs â
  17. May 21, 2012
    I somewhat expected the launch day to be crazy with server issues as Blizzard games tend to be one of the few companies who would have millions of people trying to log in at the same time. Having an IT background I am more forgiving on this as I have been in that situation where despite your preparation it is crazy to have that many people logging in at the stroke of midnight. Also onI somewhat expected the launch day to be crazy with server issues as Blizzard games tend to be one of the few companies who would have millions of people trying to log in at the same time. Having an IT background I am more forgiving on this as I have been in that situation where despite your preparation it is crazy to have that many people logging in at the stroke of midnight. Also on the topic of DRM I think from a business stand point this is the way to go keep pirating down. Lord knows they lost a lot of profits when Diablo 2 released with cd-key generators and other means of pirating. I know some say do it like Steam were thereâ Expand
  18. May 21, 2012
    This game only receives a 5 from me. It was fun for the first few hours but there is no reason to continue playing. The game just doesn't have that addictive feeling that most good games have.
  19. May 22, 2012
    First of all I have to say LMAO to all the hackers and that one guy who's reviewed the game over and over again with a different user, exact same terrible grammar and exact same complaints.

Ok so being a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, I was overjoyed when I got access to Diablo 3 Beta and loving every second of my first play through of the beta (played through it plenty of times with all classes) I could not wait for the full game (had my collectors edition pre ordered) I got the game and installed and started playing with 0 issues on day 1. Diablo 3 is a fantastic game I like the fact that I don't have to allocate stats because I don't have to guess where to put them or look up builds which btw in Diablo 2 nobody had unique builds, each class only had a couple builds each that worked well. Now I don't need to guess when I'm using a monk hmmmm would it be better to level dex or int, same with the massive skill tree's with almost 0 way to reset points, Diablo 3 has plenty of skills to play around with which you aquire from leveling up, plus 5 rune stones for each skill which modify what the skill does. So let's break this down to actual numbers. Each class has 6 skill catagories 4 of those catagories have 4 skills and 2 have 5 skills that equals 22 skills with 5 modifying rune stones each THEN your character has another 15 passive skills so that's 37 skills per class with 130 ways to modify them so yeah that's a pretty extensive skill system.

Graphics, my only worry about Diablo 3 before playing it was that it was going to look to much like WoW, then I got into the beta and was pleasantly surprised, the graphics are not colorful like WoW there definetly dark like Diablo 2, they aren't state of the art like Battlefield 3 then again Diablo isn't a first person shooter, it's a top down action RPG and for a top down action RPG the graphics are good, the back round environment flows really well with the foreground, the character and monster animations are great.

I see people complaining about the story too, the story is fine, it certainly isn't inferior to Diablo 2's story they are on par with each other.

The sound and music is also fantastic, if I didn't know the team that worked on Diablo 2 wasn't involved with Diablo 3, I would be surprised that they aren't as the same twangy, moody, creepy music is still there and sounds great.

DRM this is where the whiny babies really shined! Ok having to be online to be able to play is annoying when the servers are down, I've been playing since the game came out and I haven't had one issue with the server, maybe its because I don't have time to play the game 24/7 and don't notice every little second of downtime but what I have played on average 2 to 3 hours a day since May 15th I've had 0 issues with the server. I can understand that a lot of people are going to base there bad review solely on DRM because they can't torrent the game for free, I for one found the $59.99 price tag or in my case $99 price tag worth every penny and I'm happy to support Blizzard.

In conclusion I personally love nostalgia i.e game remakes and long time span sequels and Diablo 3 DOES NOT disappoint in any aspect, I love playing the game and getting to area's that I've explored before and see there graphical improvements or coming across stuff like the moon clan and seeing how awesome they look in D3! I find it sad after reading a ton of these reviews where people are giving the game 0 because they have issues connecting to the server 15 minutes after the game launches, its pathetic really. So people please don't buy into the trolls, seek out the intellegently written reviews good or bad then base your decision on that. Worth the 11 year wait? YES DEFINETLY I can only hope that it doesn't take long for expansions and new content!!

10/10.
  20. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the best game I have played so far for 2012. I have played over 60 hours now and all I want to do is play more. I would change a few things but very few. I give it a 9 but because all the haters are out in force I will bump it to a 10.
  21. May 23, 2012
    the game is an improvementto diablo 2 in every way more difficultieseven more loot the adition of the acction house it gets u hooked and never lets go its a game that u can play for an entire weekendwithout getting,bored
  22. May 23, 2012
    I can't believe so many spoiled children lose their time registering here and give what has to be the largest collection of ridiculous and one-sided reviews on internet.
    First of all this game is not a RPG game, at least not in the classical definition of it so stop calling it like that; You can call it hack-n-slash or eventually action-RPG. I play it since the release and this game is by far the most addictive and beautifully crafted of its kind. The atmosphere and gameplay are close to perfection.
    Come on this is a Blizzard game ! Did you spend the last ten years in a hole ? You guys expect a BF3 quality game when Blizzard has shown to always chose cartoon-like graphics which do not require war-machines to run, in order to make their games accessible to the largest audience possible. And that's a good choice. The game runs like in a dream, not like most of the games being released recently which all need large patches 24 to 48 hours post-release because they are sold weeks too early.
    I see a lot of reviews describing bugs, but after 20+ hours of gameplay I still have to see one in game. Of course there has been this very much expected "37 error" for maybe 24 hours after the release but did you honestly expect anything else ? Blizzard runs what is by far the most popular on-line game in history (WoW). Don't you think they know how to deal with high load on servers, can't you just stop acting like spoiled kids and wait just couple of hours for the excitation to go down ? These reactions are just a shame...
    And for the so-called "simplification" of gameplay and skills, this was to be expected as well. If you play WoW the tendency exists since couple of years ( at lest the two last WoW expansions). Blizzard started with skill trees pretty much inspired from D2 and after some time (the two first expansions let's say) it was clear that this gives only the illusion of freedom. Anybody trying to play at least half correctly knows that each class or specialty has one or two optimum builds that gets posted all over the Internet and that 90+% of players end up choosing. Don't you think Blizzard collects stats about that ? So the fact that they reduce the skill trees to smaller ones but proposing more meaningful choices is here again a good choice. I am pretty sure that all in all D3 will exhibit more diversity in class builds than WOW or D2.
    And finally for the "Internet connection required" issue, I am pretty sure that it is linked to the fact that the real-currency auction house has to be kept protected at all cost and I am pleased the Blizzard's people are aware of it. The mob of short-sighted people posting here are criticizing the real-currency auction house, but can you blame Blizzard for wanting some control over an economy that WILL emerge from the game no matter what happens ? Think of the gold-selling chinese farmers you meet on almost every WoW server and you'll know what I mean.
    So you guys want a elitist hackable 2012 version of D2 with enhanced graphics...
    Thank god this is not what Blizzard gave us, bur instead one of the most enjoyable gaming experience in the last couple of years.
  23. May 27, 2012
    Low user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics rLow user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics r updated and beautiful and has more potential to grow more. people low rating this game because of all the wrong reasons. "Chickity-check yo selfs before you wreck yo selfs" Expand
  24. May 28, 2012
    Games like Diablo are problematic. You have the previous title that broke all the rules, gave hundreds of hours of fun, and included many, many features that the gamers really loved. And then, after many years of wating, comes the new brother. You are excited! Overwhelmed! You expect NOTHING less than perfection! And BAM! You realize that this is "not" diablo, because it doesn't have allGames like Diablo are problematic. You have the previous title that broke all the rules, gave hundreds of hours of fun, and included many, many features that the gamers really loved. And then, after many years of wating, comes the new brother. You are excited! Overwhelmed! You expect NOTHING less than perfection! And BAM! You realize that this is "not" diablo, because it doesn't have all those "perfections" you want. This is, ladies and gentelman, the opinion of 95% of the bad reviews of this game. People will ALLWAYS look at the bad side of things, in almost every new anticipated game. I've played the first and second titles of this game, and still has them and even play them from time to time. Diablo 3 compared to the previous titles is pretty equal to me. Why? Because the CORE soul of what makes diablo game a diablo game is still kicking and living! Yes, it has his downsides like DRM and temporary server issues and some bugs for dessert, but it is still diablo and it is still addictive like hell! I've played over 70 hours and got to inferno difficulty. You start from Normal difficulty, getting used to game mechanics: piece of cake. As you progress throught the difficulties and story, and gets harder and more rewarding, up until inferno which you can get killed from 2 hits. The story, character development, cinematics, and skills are amazing! i would advise to listen to every dialog and commentary that there is in the game. And at the button line: I was mad at the servers. I was mad of the DRM system. But even with all this, i saw what diablo 3 has to offer. and i smiled. And you, If you love H&S games/Rpg games/ or you a fan of diablo series, GO BUY IY. you will NOT be sorry. Expand
  25. May 28, 2012
    People complain about the story being stale (It is), graphics being crappy (Not really if you think of the processing power it takes to run all of the special effects and mobs going on), and the sound being mediocre (True). But people would rate it that low just on 3 points where this game is not even supposed to be a game of epic storylines and realistic graphics. It is a game to killPeople complain about the story being stale (It is), graphics being crappy (Not really if you think of the processing power it takes to run all of the special effects and mobs going on), and the sound being mediocre (True). But people would rate it that low just on 3 points where this game is not even supposed to be a game of epic storylines and realistic graphics. It is a game to kill demons and a massive load of them. I myself predicted what was going to happen in the end for the most part. I wasn't too happy that I was able to but oh well, I enjoyed shoving my wand up Belial's rear and blasting Azmodan off to space. One thing people forget about a game is how much you can put into the game. Pros: Great game play, epic cinematics, You can get a lot of enjoyable play time out of this game.

Cons: The graphics look like from 2004 and the background stories are better than the major storyline.
  26. Jun 2, 2012
    Great game I had a lot of fun playing with my brother and freinds, Leveling is fun and kept me up at nights got my buddies into it with the game passes and then we all played through the campain (almost done), enjoyed playing swaping cool loot with friends and trying different skills with all of our different classes
  27. Jun 5, 2012
    I'll cut to the chase: the game is worthy of the Diablo legacy; it is a lot of fun.

It's very seductive compare D3 to D2, especially while waiting years to play D3 and unavoidably after the first few hours of actually playing. I could ramble off a castle wall of text about all kinds of things: nostalgia; the golden age of game design; organic design vs homogenized, overwrought mechanics; class balance; dumbing down; online vs offline/LAN, thinking Iâ
  28. Jan 16, 2013
    Best game ever made. Simply the best, always so fun and fresh, with friends the best. Kill everything one shoot, dps the best. Haters es no like game because they no demon hunter 300 K dps. I spent 300 euro for gear the best and now I kill diablo 2 times in one time.

Blizzard es never fail, every game the best, I unlog from demon hunter dps and I log in mage on wow and kill panda dps the best. And if I bored kill the panda I login starcraft, buy ultralisk or Thor and destroy enemy every time very fast. ALWAYS.
  29. Jun 17, 2013
    This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1,This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1, there is now PVP, the crafting is improved, the drop rates are better, the legendaries and sets are better, the players are genuinely pushed to play together cooperatively through massive bonuses, and players can control their gameplay experience a lot via the monster power settings. Of course the game can get boring after about 200 hours, but what game doesn't? The fact is that this is the best ARPG on the market. I've played the others, and they don't really hold a candle. The design of the skills and the classes is of the highest quality. Compare to Torchlight 2 where the skill balance and class balance is atrocious. Expand
  30. May 15, 2012
    Thank you for the Beta Blizzard. No thanks for the retail copy. Always online to fight piracy? Auction house for real money? Medium quality graphics on a high end PC? I know graphics aint everything but what else is on the table? A deep engrossing story? Complex gameplay with deep mechanics? I hear those are all missing. I think Torchlight 2 is where its at, where it's more about makingThank you for the Beta Blizzard. No thanks for the retail copy. Always online to fight piracy? Auction house for real money? Medium quality graphics on a high end PC? I know graphics aint everything but what else is on the table? A deep engrossing story? Complex gameplay with deep mechanics? I hear those are all missing. I think Torchlight 2 is where its at, where it's more about making fun games instead of making a profit. Expand
  31. May 15, 2012
    If you are expecting D2 to be redone, you won't like it. As many have pointed out, there are a lot of differences. Depending on where you are coming from, you may not like the differences. I personally do, so I give it a 10. I think most of the negative reviews are related to the server crashes. At least where I am it's a beautiful day and the downtime is a good time to go take a break.
  32. May 15, 2012
    Why are there so many uneducated people allowed to post on this site? The same points over and over again are brought up with no research or effort to see why blizzards choose certain game systems. I swear if you have posted about lack of customization you obviously haven
  33. May 15, 2012
    A quick glance at a bunch of these reviews will shows you a lot of ugly scores, but if you actually take the time to read the reviews what do they even say about the game, that there are connection issues? That there is no offline mode? Ok, but what else?

The game has been officially out for less than what, 2 days, and people are already torching it because it isn't perfect? Of course there are connection issues. People have been waiting 10+ years for this game, I doubt any kind of preparation, aside from creating an entirely independent internet service, would have been able to handle the massive influx of new and current users attempting to log on to servers, log on to battle.net etc etc. Mind you that Blizzard is also responsible for maintaining all of the World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 servers, along with any and all other games they and/or Activision handle, during this cluster#*$! of networking issues. How many employees do you think they have that are there only to work on Diablo 3 issues? I imagine that number is much, much less than the number of people trying to play the game. Yes, you paid money to play this game, and yes it isn't working as well as you thought it should be. 48 hours is far too soon to be bashing a game to oblivion because the system isn't perfect.

Regarding the no offline mode, well, as far as I know and have heard, there is no offline mode due, most likely, to the real money auction house. I don't know the specifics of how it works, but players will be unable to create "hacked" items, as they once did in Diablo 2, without an offline mode. Everything in-game item is regulated by the server, and therefore it is authentic, allowing it to be used in the real money auction house. Again, I say this is what I think the reason is. This is not definite fact, but it is a reason that I deem acceptable.

I'm writing this review even though I've played the game for about 2 hours, which may be more time than a lot of these negative reviews. I enjoyed those 2 hours thoroughly. This is my opinion of it. It feels like classic Diablo 2, a click-click-click adventure rpg. The dialogue is well scripted, and the voice acting is just as fantastic as it is in all Blizzard games. I've only messed around with normal mode, and I'm believing what the developers said that it is basically a tutorial/easy mode. Normal mode is a cake walk, so far, but I don't mind, because I can focus on the story, and although not an award winner, the story is enjoyable. I haven't progressed far enough in the skill system to have an adequate opinion of it, other than that is currently easy to use and enjoyable, with the possibility of a lot of customization.

Regarding the difficulty, I imagine that the other modes will be significantly more difficult. The broad range of difficulties allows the game to be accessible to the broad range of gamers, ranging from casual to hardcore. I think that, during these 10+ years that people have been waiting for this game, people's expectations became so outrageous that regardless of how good the game is, it would still far short of what they thought it should be. So, don't pay much attention to the bad scores that people are giving this game (right now atleast), because it seems like most of it is due to connection issues and lack of an offline mode, and lots of lots of rage. When people are angry, they think angry, they play angry, and they form angry opinions. Chill.
  34. May 16, 2012
    Diablo III is an absolutely stunning successor to Diablo II, it had launch day problems, but it's already resolved. Real players would not dump this game down, except trolls, the so called "Diablo II Veteran" (LOL).
    Pathetic attempts to write absolutely garbage review without even playing this game or even have the game. 1300+ trolls trolled Diablo III hard on Metacritic, does it affect anyone else? Nope, 10 millions of players will still enjoy this great game whatsoever. Users on Metacritic cannot take seriously when you can review the game without playing it and write stupidly garbage review with self-entitled bias reviews.

Last words: Diablo III is 10/10, better than D1 and D2 in every perspective. Game of the Decade.
  35. May 20, 2012
    This kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realizeThis kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realize when you rage on a website like this, you completely ruin the entire concept. Have you really not noticed that pretty much EVERY sequel on meta gets a 50-30 user score, but every new game, even if its **** gets a 80+? Not to even mention the ridiculous unbalance between user and critic score. This fan boy retardation of the gaming community needs to stop. This is the equivalent of banging a supermodel and only after having sex for hours saying " meh, you were better the first time. 0 out of 10" Now to my actual review.
    * Story: F%#king amazing. I was blown away with how epic and heroic they make you feel, unlike diablo 2 where it seemed like you were just kinda involved in the conflict. The cut scenes are the most beautiful 3d rendering i have ever seen, better than final fantasy. *Graphics: FPS fanboys along with others will be disappointed by the lack of reflection and lens flare burning images into their cornea, but the graphics are GOOD do not be fooled by RAGERS. All of the landscape in this game is absolutely breathtaking, and guess what? its RANDOMLY GENERATED. Every other game i have ever played with randomly generated terrain, to be honest, was ugly. The epic views you get while up on a cliff or on a castle battlement were so breathtaking I had to stop slaying demons just to stare. The spell effects are super sexy, along with the physics engine that sends demons flying in your wake.

*Game play: Instead of a big skill tree with good skills scattered in between **** ones that you have to get first, diablo 3 opens itself to complete customization. You have 6 spells and 3 passives at any given time, but the amount of total spells and passives is around 50+. And on top of that, you can augment your skills to make them behave completely different, raising the number of skills to around 200 per class. And the best part? You are not stuck with ANYTHING. Remember how in diablo 2 if you but 1 point into int on a barb, that character was considered ruined? None of that here. Respec WHENEVER you want at NO cost, means that instead of living and getting just an ice mage, you get an ice fire and arcane mage. its a brilliant setup.

The only reason that this game looses 1 point in my mind is because you can pay 2 win, but the fact that your paying another player instead of some black market item seller lessens this blow.
  36. May 21, 2012
    After completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more funAfter completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more fun i'm sure. Gameplay - 10/10
    The sound is really as good as Diablo II although the music is very different, but still very good. Voice acting is also great although I was a bit disapponted with Diablo's voice. Sound - 10/10
    The graphics are also very nice, but of course the new art direction sometimes reminds us about Warcraft too much. I hoped that it would be a bit darker, but it is possible to change the colors and contrast with a kind of a "mod". The character models are really interesting (although again, it would have been nice if there was more effort put in Diablo's ingame model) and all the places also look really great. Graphics - 9/10
    And finally the story. I will try not to spoil anything by only writing abstract thoughts about some storyline decisions. Unfortunately, it is the weakest aspect of Diablo III. It was really predictable and some characters are just not right for Diablo universe. It seemed as if there was not a lot of effort put into it. Especially the storyline about the Black Soulstone was a bit too simple I think. The main chracters were all interesting, although the scoundrel and the jeweler were kind of annoying. Also I didn't really like what was done to Tyrael. The ending was good but it left some trivial and more serious unanswered questions. I think that there could have been a bit more explaining about what happened after the last boss fight. With that been said I think the story (and Diablo's voice) was the only thing that disapponted me a bit, but it wasn't bad of course - it just could have been better. Story - 8/10
    So my final rating would be 9.25/10 but I am giving it 10 because the majority of bad ratings here were given just because these people couldn't log in to the game or just couldn't pirate it because of constant online connection. Of course, it had serous launch problems, but those angry with this should't have come here and rate the game 0, they should wait for Blizzard to fix them. So, thank you, Blizzard for going away from WoW a bit and giving us a sequel to one of the best games of all time, not ruining it in the process. People are definitely going to play Diablo III for years to come.
  37. May 15, 2012
    I want to thank the people that already gave reviews on this game. I was going to go pick it up at Best Buy and now it seems it's not worth my time. The game sounded like a lot of fun play now I'll skip it and save my 60 bucks for something worth it.
  38. May 15, 2012
    So, people are talking about graphics and how bad story it has and so on. You must be casual gamers or then just stupid wow nerds I presume. Graphics are just fine for me and I like the gameplay. If you want the game to be more dark or creepy you can adjust the gamma to zero. And if you have no network to play Diablo 3, then what are you doing here? This game might have the best cinematicsSo, people are talking about graphics and how bad story it has and so on. You must be casual gamers or then just stupid wow nerds I presume. Graphics are just fine for me and I like the gameplay. If you want the game to be more dark or creepy you can adjust the gamma to zero. And if you have no network to play Diablo 3, then what are you doing here? This game might have the best cinematics that I've seen and the story is not THAT bad. And if you want to know, yes I've been playing D2 from the beginning. [sarcasm] And it's also nice to see that you know that you can only score a game with zero or ten :) [/sarcasm] Expand
  39. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the unfavorable reviews - they are simply posted by people that don't know what they're talking about, and are trying to make the game seem worse than it really is. Blizzard knows what they're doing, and they pulled off yet another spectacular title. Give this game a shot - you won't be disappointed.
  40. May 15, 2012
    Bad launch, but while playing, I was having a blast! Very Pretty graphics, true to Diablo sounds. Sucks no LAN play, but that's the way of the world these days. When torrenting dies, maybe videogame companies won't be so protective of their property to require always online connection.
  41. May 15, 2012
    They took Diablo 2, streamlined it and removed all the nonsense, they dumped the constant need to farm that made Diablo 2 stale quickly, they removed all the inventory issues by making items a set size. Then they dumped the requirement to have identify item scrolls and town portal scrolls.

The skills are better because now you're set using 6 of them, instead of Diablo 2 where you only used 1-2 of them that you maxed out. Alot of people are upset about this but it comes down to the fact you cannot exploit this game like you could Diablo 2 (Sorcerer with Frost Orb maxed soloing the entire game) This requires teamwork, or at the very least a strategy, tactics and an escape plan because it does get hard and you will die.

They took Diablo 2 and made it require skill to play it, not to troll or rage or be rude, but alot of people were expecting "Skill" games (copy/ paste builds, grind gear, exploit game, be stupid OP) and got a game where if they're dumb they're getting smacked around.

Aside from the crappy Blizzard/ Battle.net service right now I would highly recommend this game to anyone that's looking for a great CO-OP/ Strategy- Action game.
  42. May 15, 2012
    I am very disappointed by the entitled nature of the reviews here. Not only is it a complete given that an online game with millions of players will have some issues at launch, but what makes it truly ironic is that Blizzard tends to be one of the better companies at mitigating such issues.

Two days from now, the 800 negative reviews will be literally meaningless, yet they'll still be here on this site. That's a terrible shame.
  43. May 15, 2012
    So many people just review log in screens or parrot opinions without playing games these days, it's pathetic...

Disblo 3 is amazing, and was well worth the wait.
  44. May 15, 2012
    The first few hours of playing this game was done with friends and I have to say the multi-player element of this game is outstanding. It was incredibly easy to add friends, join their game or have them join me and the UI was intuitive. Not sure why there are so many haters of the online component, or saying it's nothing like it's predecessors. It is every bit as good as Diablo and DiabloThe first few hours of playing this game was done with friends and I have to say the multi-player element of this game is outstanding. It was incredibly easy to add friends, join their game or have them join me and the UI was intuitive. Not sure why there are so many haters of the online component, or saying it's nothing like it's predecessors. It is every bit as good as Diablo and Diablo II were when they were released and well worth the wait and investment Blizzard has put into producing a quality game. This title will be around for many years to come. Expand
  45. May 15, 2012
    I've played the game for about 6 hours now and played co-op and single player both. The game has only provided constant enjoyment and it keeps getting better. People complaining about lack of skill points and customization need to give it a rest. There are PLENTY of customization options relating to skills. Thousands of total combinations. Half of the people complaining seem to have onlyI've played the game for about 6 hours now and played co-op and single player both. The game has only provided constant enjoyment and it keeps getting better. People complaining about lack of skill points and customization need to give it a rest. There are PLENTY of customization options relating to skills. Thousands of total combinations. Half of the people complaining seem to have only played the beta or not even played the game at all yet. Reviewing the game based off of server stability at launch is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in a review. Expand
  46. May 15, 2012
    I loved Diablo 2 and I have to say that this game so far exceeds my wildest expectations. This is almost definitely my favorite game I have ever played and I am only 4 hours in. Blizzard did such a good job keeping all the good things I loved from D2 and removing all the crap that people didn't like. The concerns that people are bringing up like the lack of offline mode, drm, etc doesn'tI loved Diablo 2 and I have to say that this game so far exceeds my wildest expectations. This is almost definitely my favorite game I have ever played and I am only 4 hours in. Blizzard did such a good job keeping all the good things I loved from D2 and removing all the crap that people didn't like. The concerns that people are bringing up like the lack of offline mode, drm, etc doesn't really matter when the play experience for those who bought the game is fantastic. Kudos to Blizzard, they just need to get the servers running super smoothly! Expand
  47. May 15, 2012
    Excellent game, a lot of people don't understand about the DRM and like to jump on the band wagon, but with this new DRM the game feels better, people aren't able to hack and dupe items so the RMAH and status of the game remain clean and unspoiled, Combat is fun, fans of Diablo 1 and 2, this is your Diablo 3.
  48. May 17, 2012
    Amazing game, great sequel of Diablo and Diablo 2, honor the series in so many ways, and the story is fantastic.
    For all you folks that are planning to buy, don't take serious the idiots that are voting negative only because they can't play the game or because they are just idiots, this game is really worth playing.
  49. May 15, 2012
    Love it! Of course there were some launch hiccups with thousands trying to login at once, but it's an awesome game! I'm hooked! Don't believe the low ratings, they are here due to a thread on blizzard and are just mad kids.
  50. May 15, 2012
    I'm a long time player of the Diablo series and very much enjoy this latest installment. Negative people here are just ridiculous and have no idea what they are talking about let alone the effort put into a game like this. I like the improved play, especially not having the constant town portal and identify scrolls. I like the new skill system and not being locked into a set therebyI'm a long time player of the Diablo series and very much enjoy this latest installment. Negative people here are just ridiculous and have no idea what they are talking about let alone the effort put into a game like this. I like the improved play, especially not having the constant town portal and identify scrolls. I like the new skill system and not being locked into a set thereby nerfing characters. I enjoy the new cinematic and graphics. I don't know what people were expecting about character customization. Diablo was never about that. It's about killing, lewt and fighting in a party. These people want to compare it to games that it is not and they should be ignored. Good game so far and the server issues will resolve shortly. Expand
  51. May 15, 2012
    Awesome game. I have been waiting 10 years for this game. It has been pure awesomeness so far. Sure they removed a few things and simplified eveything but so far i'm not missing it. The play is great, the characters refreshing and the skills awesellent (awesome + excellent). You dont need a high end pc to play either. It should play on any laptop. Its too bad about the early server issuesAwesome game. I have been waiting 10 years for this game. It has been pure awesomeness so far. Sure they removed a few things and simplified eveything but so far i'm not missing it. The play is great, the characters refreshing and the skills awesellent (awesome + excellent). You dont need a high end pc to play either. It should play on any laptop. Its too bad about the early server issues but once it started working i had a great time. Well worth the price. Expand
  52. May 15, 2012
    Great game so far. Small hitch on launch day but gee several million people are trying to log in. You see several different little style things that link it back to one and two. The game runs great, plays great. I really cannot say enough good things about it. There has been some downtime, but every realistic adult playing the game fully expected that to be the case on launch day.
  53. May 17, 2012
    Omfg, stop whining about Diablo 3.
    Omfg, stop whining about Diablo 3.
    It's a great game. It's a worthy sequel. The graphics are not next-gen BF3 or crysis, but the maps are designed to be amazingly pretty, so I don't give a **** It's even possible to play this **** in 3D, and it's actually pretty neat. It may not be the quintessential RPG like Diablo 2 was back when it hit the markets, but it's still ****loads better than most other games you find on the market. So wipe your tears and get back and defeat nightmare difficulty before you talk **** Jeez!
  54. May 17, 2012
    Game is amazing and has the feel of a Diablo game. No, it is not an exact replica of D2 which it seems many are looking for, but it is truly addicting with more solid story to add to the dungeon crawl experience. Currently through Nightmare so I've played enough to make some sort of comment.

I enjoy the rune system, and it is certainly not a linear progression (anyone thinking that is not optimizing their character) and I appreciate Blizz switching it up if at least just a little bit. RMAH will be interesting but not really my focus, just great to play with friends.
  55. May 18, 2012
    I don't know what everybody is complaining about. Just because the servers went down for a bit, doesn't mean you have to go crazy! The game being playable only if the player is online is the only major issue of the game. Other the that, the game is near flawless. The gameplay is innovative and different than Diablo II, yet its still engaging. The cinematic are one of the best out there.I don't know what everybody is complaining about. Just because the servers went down for a bit, doesn't mean you have to go crazy! The game being playable only if the player is online is the only major issue of the game. Other the that, the game is near flawless. The gameplay is innovative and different than Diablo II, yet its still engaging. The cinematic are one of the best out there. There are minor flaws in my opinion, such as the portals to town system, however its not something that would completely ruin the gameplay. On a side note, I wish Blizzard would have maintained the Necromancer class. That is just a personal preference... As for the storyline, it has twists and turns, with a bit of generic stuff going on there, not much to complain about. I would definitely recommend this game to any one who is into this type of genre, its a cannot miss! I'd give it a 9 or 9.5, but I gave a 10 here because I find it ridiculous how people are giving it anything under an 8. Expand
  56. May 18, 2012
    To Everyone saying D3 SUCKS cause of server failures, that's not the games fault, that's Blizzard. If you go play right now it is fine so all you **** are just that. The actual game is awesome, nice randomized dungeons, the Bosses felt epic I enjoyed every last minute of the game. As always the loot is the main thing and it's awesome to see some of the **** I've gotten. Can't wait for PVPTo Everyone saying D3 SUCKS cause of server failures, that's not the games fault, that's Blizzard. If you go play right now it is fine so all you **** are just that. The actual game is awesome, nice randomized dungeons, the Bosses felt epic I enjoyed every last minute of the game. As always the loot is the main thing and it's awesome to see some of the **** I've gotten. Can't wait for PVP so I can kill some other folks. I have nothing bad to say about this game I've been more than happy with the result of this game. Expand
  57. May 19, 2012
    Pay no attention to the User Score of 4.0 this is a great game. You can no longer choose which stats you're going to put where. Stats like strength, dexterity, intelligence, etc. are chosen for you. However, there is a plethora of skills to choose from and runes for each skill that modifies the skill with different powers. There is tons of gear to pick up, different combinations you canPay no attention to the User Score of 4.0 this is a great game. You can no longer choose which stats you're going to put where. Stats like strength, dexterity, intelligence, etc. are chosen for you. However, there is a plethora of skills to choose from and runes for each skill that modifies the skill with different powers. There is tons of gear to pick up, different combinations you can use for you and the NPC's that can be your followers - in Diablo 2 they were called mercenaries. There is a 4th difficulty level Inferno, there's still a hardcore mode, the server issues are no longer a problem. To each his own, but I wouldn't trust the user score. Lots of people have put a 0 or another low score. Respectively, enjoy the game for what it is and not what you want it to be. It's a great game and is great fun. :) Expand
  58. May 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been waiting for Diablo 3 for six whole years. I am one of Diablo 2's greatest fans, and have literally spent quite possibly a thousand hours playing it. My hopes were high for Diablo 3. I was hoping for it to be like Diablo 2, but quite naturally I wanted some positive change also. It pains me to say this. It really does. But Diablo 3 has disappointed me. The game has been criticized for being 'dumbed-down'. And sadly, I have to agree:

1. Why does my hero yell for my help every time his/her health is low? Why does the entire screen glow red for this purpose? Why does the tooltip on my health globe say 'Lose it all, and you're dead'. Is this primary school for RPG players?

2. The quests are messy. Too often I'll be busy killing off a pack of monsters and the quest updates will complete one after the other without me knowing what I had to do or what I had completed. Simpler is better. Diablo 2 essentially had six quests in each act, and it was up to you to find out where to go. There where no arrows pointing the way on your mini map. No beacons indicating the location of your next quest. 'Enter the cave' is not a mini quest, or a useful guideline. It's Blizzard holding the player's hand, spoon feeding.

3. It seems everyone in the game world keeps a journal, and none can be bothered keeping it safe. I do have the choice to pick up a journal, yes. But even so, I feel the lore in the game is too interfering. I cannot be bothered listening to the ramblings of a random character while I'm in the midst of a monster battle. Diablo 2 managed to have the lore on the side, for those bothered with the intricacies of it. I am not, and in Diablo 3 I sometimes feel it's shoved down my throat.

4. The skill system. Oh, the skill system. What have you gone and done, Blizzard. The skill system ensures that every single Wizard character I will ever create will have the same skills available at the same level with the same options for supposedly 'customizing' them. Choosing between runes for a specific skill is NOT and will NEVER be 'customizing'. The idea of Diablo 2 was to allow the player to choose his or her skill, and how many points he or she wanted to attribute to it. What the hell was wrong with that system? I LIKE the fact that your choices were permanent. I LIKE the fact that you couldn't change it on a whim. Because that made you THINK about it beforehand. If you got it wrong the first time, you were smarter the next time. That was called progression. Diablo 3 does not open itself up to player skill. It seems that the only way I'll be any different to another Wizard is by the gear I have (which I can either craft myself or I can find in the game world - thus dependent on luck), or if that other Wizard had a different colour set of boots to mine. Because I can change my runes and skills to match his. How is that character customization? It's not.

5. I am NOT a fan of the World-of-Warcraft esque graphics. I loved the gothic feel Diablo 2 had. Heck, even the font used in Diablo 2 was weird and fitting. In Diablo 2 it feels like Arial 14 or something. I don't get that excitement any more when a green item drops. It's just...missing. Why do the enemies glow red when I hover my cursor over them? Why? Why? Why? Why is the screen so busy? Why do I have a block of text to draw my attention to past conversations? Why does my character feel the need to tell me when he has slain 6 monsters with one shot that he is 'unstoppable'? And what was the idea behind the in-game cutscenes? They are choppy, uninspiring, boring, unnecessary, and just plain rubbish.

6. DRM. If you haven't by now read about the incredibly frustrating/annoying/angering DRM issues in Diablo 3, let me sum it up: It's absolutely and unforgivably disgusting. Nothing says 'oops' like the moment you cannot play single player because the game servers are full. Nothing infuriates like internet lag in the middle of a boss-fight with the end result you having been slain because your spells weren't being cast. Nothing demoralizes you like the moment you are disconnected from your single player game because the network connection was dropped, and you have as a result lost some progress. For the small band of pirates you are defeating with DRM, Blizzard, you are angering a larger group of loyal, PAYING customers. Shame on you.
    I have many gripes with Diablo 3. I worship its predecessor, Diablo 2. But sadly, Diablo 3 feels much more commercialized, much more casual gamer-friendly, much less addictive, much less taxing on the serious gamer's brain. The disappointment I have with this game is great. Waiting six years for a game and then being let down this badly is soulcrushing.
  59. May 19, 2012
    Very a goood diablo, multiplayer are very great ,if you like diablo, you like diablo3, me its ok to be connected to play.

jadore le jeux, super bon diablo, le multiplayer es super le fun
  60. May 19, 2012
    Let me preface this review with a derisive note to all the "I can not log in" negative reviewers. If 2 Million people try and access ANY service at the same, it will crash there is no way to prepare for this. This problem is not part of the game, no more than running out of gas is a reason to bash your car manufacturer. Now that that is out of the way....

This is a fantastic improvement

This is a fantastic improvement on the previous games. There has been significant overhaul to many of the in-game mechanics. You no longer have to pick what attribute points go where. Instead the character levels up in the manner that makes the most sense for their role in the battlefields. You do not have to worry about building a character that will not be playable because you made poor choices in the the previous levels. The game does not drop the hardest difficulty on you without preparation, Nightmare mode and beyond are not available until you can work your way into the greater challenge. The skill system no longer locks you into just one time choices that you have to pay to respec. Instead respecing is a change as you need it system now. This lets you see what works for you without having to reskill at a cost or even worse make a new character. Overall I would say this is a fun playing experience and is worth the buy.
  61. May 19, 2012
    Ignore the problems with the server and the fact that some people want an off line mode, this is your normal diablo game, Hack and slash and get all the amazing loot. Yeah the story seems like it needs more but thats always been diablo always give me more. If you never played a diablo game before and try to compair it to other games like elder scrolls you will be disappointed. I love theIgnore the problems with the server and the fact that some people want an off line mode, this is your normal diablo game, Hack and slash and get all the amazing loot. Yeah the story seems like it needs more but thats always been diablo always give me more. If you never played a diablo game before and try to compair it to other games like elder scrolls you will be disappointed. I love the game and cant stop playing it, its all about the items. Anyone who puts a bad review just because they could play on launch night is just being dumb, what did you expected when million yes million of people all try to log in at once. Yes i had a problem the first night but its been fine now I would encourage you to buy this game and give it a shot, even if you are on the fence play D2 and the exp same idea as D3. Expand
  62. May 20, 2012
    I'll start with the negatives. The community. The user reaction to Diablo 3's release is the reason it's still negative to say you're a gamer. Diablo 3 has been designed to be a cloud-based game from the start, and yet people are whining like pathetic children as if they only just learned about it today. For people who hate always online systems, they sure seem to love putting money intoI'll start with the negatives. The community. The user reaction to Diablo 3's release is the reason it's still negative to say you're a gamer. Diablo 3 has been designed to be a cloud-based game from the start, and yet people are whining like pathetic children as if they only just learned about it today. For people who hate always online systems, they sure seem to love putting money into them.

Not only that but many are complaining that the game is "unplayable." I'm sorry, was Blizzard unable to let you play for a small handful of hours out of the years of time to play it following launch? That must be awful!

Enough of that though. On to the good. Diablo 3 presents a remarkably satisfying art style. It's clean, ambient, and provides just the right amount of gore for a good hack and slash experience. Despite being slightly cartoonish it still provides a dark feeling in many areas.

The combat is superb. Blizzard has perfected it from the previous games, streamlining it. You simply form your preferred build and go at it. There's no worries investing points into an ability you'll never use, or putting points into abilities just to find out what they're like only to learn you're stuck with them. There's also a nice balance between damage, utility and defence. The new resource sytems also help separate D3 from other dungeon crawlers.

The story was rather underwhelming to be honest. It felt very anti-climactic in several scenes that should have been very dramatic. Still, it wasn't bad. Just not amazing. However the music and cinematics were absolutely fantastic. Blizzard once again lives up to being the best developer ever in terms of cinematics.

Overall I'd give it 9/10, but I'll make it 10 to counterract the idiots giving it 0.
  63. PL3
    May 20, 2012
    Drm is sh1t.

Still, this game is awesome. Level desing awesome, a lot of replay value, good story line, cinematic are just crazy, the gameplay is good, I wanna see the future of this game so bad. I dont like the fact that you have to leave your game to check the AH, then go back in a game and lost your MF Bonus. 4 players is perfect. I just can't imagine 8 players play in the same game.
    Drm is sh1t.

I was septical first because i'm a big fans of the diablo series, but now I will be a fans forever and ever.

9 is a good note, connection issue at the launch was freaking stupid but the game is great so. I hate people here say crap because they can't play for like 3 hours. Stop crying you noobs.
  64. May 20, 2012
    This game shows very strongly what is wrong with metacritic as a whole. I have read through all of the negative (0) scores and not one of them I can agree with. Diablo 3 is an amazing game and even better is the fact that its an action rpg. Something that big companies normally doesn't dare release and yet blizzard does so which is just outstanding. The DRM is gay I will admit that but itThis game shows very strongly what is wrong with metacritic as a whole. I have read through all of the negative (0) scores and not one of them I can agree with. Diablo 3 is an amazing game and even better is the fact that its an action rpg. Something that big companies normally doesn't dare release and yet blizzard does so which is just outstanding. The DRM is gay I will admit that but it doesn't mean that the game deserves a score of 0, that is just ridiculous. Expand
  65. May 20, 2012
    Overall I really like this game and in many ways it has improved over the previous installment. The combat is awesome, the skills integrate nicely into it, and the environments are really interesting, varied and are visually impressive. There is also a huge amount of replayability with the different class variations and also through difficulty levels and new loot/items that continue toOverall I really like this game and in many ways it has improved over the previous installment. The combat is awesome, the skills integrate nicely into it, and the environments are really interesting, varied and are visually impressive. There is also a huge amount of replayability with the different class variations and also through difficulty levels and new loot/items that continue to scale with your level no matter which difficulty you are playing. The downsides for me are the animation style which, instead of having the gritty look of previous Diablo games, looks more like something out of Warcraft - I assume this was intentional in order to entice WoW players - and the character models are quite poor; the voice-over is also quite cheesy and so again not in keeping with the tone of the previous games - a tone which I wish that they had maintained. However, these are generally fairly small complaints and overall I've had a huge amount of fun. As a result I'm really looking forward to playing again with a new class.

All that aside, I think the server issues have been totally unacceptable, and are the reason I give this game an 8 and not a 9. I would have been willing to accept the requirement of a constant server connection during gameplay, so long as it did not interfere with the game itself or your ability to play it. However, this has obviously not been the reality: the debacle that was the game's launch does not need any explanation, and even several days following its release I still experience laggy gameplay - something that should absolutely NOT happen during a single-player gaming experience. And as I am writing this, the Blizzard servers are currently down due to an "issue with the Battle.net service". The fact that this now prevents me from playing the game (on single-player) altogether is totally unacceptable and Blizzard should be compensating people in some way for releasing a product that clearly does not work properly or function as advertised.
  66. May 20, 2012
    Ill admit when I first started playing I wasnt that impressed. But when I got to act 2 something happend that doesnt happen very often to me. I started telling myself I need to turn this game off because I have some things I need to do. But I was having a hard time doing it. Thats when you know your playing something special. Yes, the online part is not what I wanted either,but I haventIll admit when I first started playing I wasnt that impressed. But when I got to act 2 something happend that doesnt happen very often to me. I started telling myself I need to turn this game off because I have some things I need to do. But I was having a hard time doing it. Thats when you know your playing something special. Yes, the online part is not what I wanted either,but I havent had any problems once launch calmed down a bit. The environments are varied and makes want to explore and of coarse the loot is endless addiction. Ill be playing this off and on for a long time. The only gripe I really have is I wish you could start the game on a harder difficulty since normal feels a little on the easy side. Wont stop me from playing it though! Expand
  67. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard delivers, as always. A thoroughly addictive game that is all I expected it to be. More combinations of skills than the last game, individualisation by hard to get items and challenges in the bossfights.
    To all the DRM haters out there, think about this the next time you download a movie or game.
  68. May 20, 2012
    Metacritic user scores never mean anything anyway, everyone goes by the critic's score.
    This is a perfect example of why. People slamming the game because of minor and expected launch issues. This game is incredible, as long as you don't expect it to be Diablo 2, and just play it for what it is you will not be disapointed.
    This game requires a constant internet connection. People are

This game requires a constant internet connection. People are complaing but the truth is this is not a single player game. I have had more fun and social moments playing this throughout the week then I have had during my 2 months of SWTOR. Brilliant game. The mechanics are tuned perfectly. Sound and voice work is great. The graphics are pretty ancient but are saved but excellent art and style. I would rate 9/10 but am putting 10/10 to slightly make up for all the half assed negative reviews from people who haven't even played the game...
  69. May 20, 2012
    From he familiar roots of Diablo two, comparing it to three is like comparing it to a set of identical twins. ithe game stays to its roots and provides that interesting and fun challenge that comes to it. from the interesting gameplay, to the continuation of awesome legends like Decard Cain and Tyrael, Diablo three expands off of Diablo 2 and makes it even better.
    The gameplay is
    The gameplay is simplifyed, and true no skill trees, but that doesent define how good the game is supposed to be, why whine if something is easier for you to do? the game still provides interesting skill choices and combinations that creates that strategy that i love about the game. perhaps it would be better if it was slightly longer, as a fan i always wish it was so, but even then there should be no dispute, Diablo 3 is as every bit a classic as i wish, well worth the 59.99 i paid for it.
    and quite honestly, id like to add that sure you unlock stuff at every level but thats a strength not a weakness, i enjoy everytime i level my Wizard class avatar to see what new tricks i can unleash against the Burning Hells.
  70. May 21, 2012
    Its not often that a game captivates me, drawing me to play it for hours on end. Diablo 3 has, and fails to disappoint. Diablo 3's Visuals are stunning and vibrant, though not photo realistic, they captivate and engross you in the wonderful world blizzard have created. Diablo 3's visuals take big steps forward from its predecessors, but not too many to take the game away from what is was,Its not often that a game captivates me, drawing me to play it for hours on end. Diablo 3 has, and fails to disappoint. Diablo 3's Visuals are stunning and vibrant, though not photo realistic, they captivate and engross you in the wonderful world blizzard have created. Diablo 3's visuals take big steps forward from its predecessors, but not too many to take the game away from what is was, alienating veteran players. The audio is strong, vibrant and fitting, especially during the beautiful cinematics. There are also several nostalgic touches such as the sound of healing urns when used, brought from Diablo 2. Fans of the series will no doubt pick up on these details. Game play is top notch. Every element of the game has been thoroughly thought out. Everything just works without a hitch. There have been some bold changes such as taking away skill point allocation, but fortunately these changes work and bring new life to the game. The Controls work well, although it is just a few keys on the keyboard and a mouse. I have read a lot of complaints regarding the 'Internet connection required', and constant server disconnection issues. I may be one of the lucky ones, but I have not yet experienced a single issue since launch, and I have been playing Diablo 3 a lot! Having finished the game twice, and still wanting to play more, I say its money well spent. Thank you Blizzard for taking the time to create such a great sequel. Expand
  71. May 21, 2012
    It's amazing that people can still rip a game for requiring an online connection when I can barely do anything with a computer these days without the Internet being available.
    It's not as complex as Diablo 2, but it's also brand-new and Blizz refines these over time (see: Starcraft 2 and WoW). I think it has a certain popular appeal that perhaps the first or second might not have. I think the graphics are totally fine, and the most important thing is that the game feels fun and makes me want to log in again and play with friends when I get home from work.
  72. May 21, 2012
    The game is awesome. It is a lot of fun and addicting. It has the nostalgic of when I played D2. People complain about the graphics, but what they don't realize it was smart on Blizzards move to make the game accessible to everyone no matter what their system requirements are. Even the Macbook Air runs the game see Kotaku's article.

There are only a few problems I have with it and one is

There are only a few problems I have with it and one is you have to be connected to Blizzard servers to play. Which is good for 'cloud' storage of your character and to prevent all those hack mods that was apparent in D1 and D2 so it is a trade.

Another one would be the story, it is good but not what I thought it would be. I think they played it safe. I will leave it at that so I leave no spoilers.

I have been playing Diablo and Diablo 2 since their first release and with that experience I'd like to say that this game is worthy of the Diablo series name. Go enjoy.
  73. May 22, 2012
    Ok, dont listen to people **** the game because of the famous error 37 or something like that, this occur only in the first 24 hours of the launch, since then, the game has no connection bug at all. This game is very well done, graphic and environment are more then epic. Blizzard has done a great job in the gameplay this is the best Hack and Slash i've ever played. I'm going to play thisOk, dont listen to people **** the game because of the famous error 37 or something like that, this occur only in the first 24 hours of the launch, since then, the game has no connection bug at all. This game is very well done, graphic and environment are more then epic. Blizzard has done a great job in the gameplay this is the best Hack and Slash i've ever played. I'm going to play this game for years. Deserve a 10/10. Expand
  74. May 22, 2012
    So I'm 100 hours into the game and it isn't as bad as everyone said. This game is truly amazing! Blizzard drop the ball on release day server issues. This metacritic user score is their punishment. but the core game is great.
  75. May 22, 2012
    People quit complaining. just because you don't like the story doesn't mean the game deserves a 0, or because you couldn't play may 15 th. The story isn't perfect but the gameplay and multiplayer is so freaking good and addicting, I love this game even MORE than diablo 2 and that's saying something. The graphics don't look like BF3 or crysis but they at least look VERY good for this typePeople quit complaining. just because you don't like the story doesn't mean the game deserves a 0, or because you couldn't play may 15 th. The story isn't perfect but the gameplay and multiplayer is so freaking good and addicting, I love this game even MORE than diablo 2 and that's saying something. The graphics don't look like BF3 or crysis but they at least look VERY good for this type of game and a less demanding game, means what? MORE players, there's a reason why valve's games are so successfull they are fun as h*** and not demanding at all. Expand
  76. May 25, 2012
    Since I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is asSince I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is as addictive as ever and the loot system keeps you coming back for more. Apart from its story, which honestly could have been much more engaging, this game is amazing! Donâ Expand
  77. May 26, 2012
    Love this game. Loved the first 2 as well. This is a great evolution of the series. If you haven't made it late into the harder difficulties, you aren't really getting out of this game what was intended.
  78. May 26, 2012
    Diablo III is a great game. It's a destroy and loot game, and it does both extremely well. It looks, sounds and plays fantastic. The art, sound and level design are top notch, it is highly polished and is more than I expected (mainly because I didn't waste time following the development over the last 5 years.) As far as technical issues people are having, the recommended systemDiablo III is a great game. It's a destroy and loot game, and it does both extremely well. It looks, sounds and plays fantastic. The art, sound and level design are top notch, it is highly polished and is more than I expected (mainly because I didn't waste time following the development over the last 5 years.) As far as technical issues people are having, the recommended system requirements are for a now 5 year old computer, and a high speed internet connection. World of Warcraft has required an internet connection since 2004, and if your computer isn't good enough to play it, that's not really Blizzard's fault. I do a LOT of sympathy for people who simply can't get good enough internet service to play, but again, not Blizzard's fault, and if you were just looking to get a pirated copy, well, this game is actually worth the money, where so many others are not. Positive review (9 out of 10), have fun, and good luck! Expand
  79. May 27, 2012
    Brief: 85% score from Plamotaku.
    Diablo 3, coming from an experienced gamer, but not a Diablo veteran, is exciting and incredibly engaging from the beginning. Blizzardâ
  80. Jun 4, 2012
    So, 74 "critics" give Diablo a B+ (essentially), and 5000 users give it an F. Kinda makes those critics look foolish, doesn't it? My question is, why'd it take Blizzard so many freakin' years to come out with D3? You definitely don't see the time, effort and money onscreen. In fact, the game is not noticeably better than Diablo (1). Major drawbacks from my standpoint: game is too short,So, 74 "critics" give Diablo a B+ (essentially), and 5000 users give it an F. Kinda makes those critics look foolish, doesn't it? My question is, why'd it take Blizzard so many freakin' years to come out with D3? You definitely don't see the time, effort and money onscreen. In fact, the game is not noticeably better than Diablo (1). Major drawbacks from my standpoint: game is too short, too easy on normal mode, some old favorites are gone (no secret rooms, etc.) and there's not enough diversity in environments. Gotta say, I'm disappointed after so much hype and such a long wait. Expand
  81. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good) Come on guys, the game is good or at least it's "ok" (3/5), but I understand the negativity around it. Do you remember the FIRST time you played Diablo? and the feeling of reaching yet another "section" of the "main dungeon", where everything was new and dangerous (and you where DEFINITLY closer to hell)? How about the first time you played Diablo 2? I remember playing the DEMO4/5 (Good) Come on guys, the game is good or at least it's "ok" (3/5), but I understand the negativity around it. Do you remember the FIRST time you played Diablo? and the feeling of reaching yet another "section" of the "main dungeon", where everything was new and dangerous (and you where DEFINITLY closer to hell)? How about the first time you played Diablo 2? I remember playing the DEMO where you play the Barb for the first two quests, and think: "Wow, this is... nice!" --- WHERE IS THAT "FEELING" IN D3? It's not there. So the game is good, but is NOT the game we were waiting for. Expand
  82. Jul 16, 2013
    Diablo 3 is quite excellent hack & slash game, with plenty of loot and battle. Unfortunately the game is fun only the first or the second time, because it changes from exciting story and fun exploration into dull and boring grinding of your characters. There is no raids as in wow, so a max level character is nice to have but utterly useless. With group this game fun and you want to play itDiablo 3 is quite excellent hack & slash game, with plenty of loot and battle. Unfortunately the game is fun only the first or the second time, because it changes from exciting story and fun exploration into dull and boring grinding of your characters. There is no raids as in wow, so a max level character is nice to have but utterly useless. With group this game fun and you want to play it again at least one more time, but alone you just wanna get to the end, and repeatibility doesn't seems like an exciting idea. Expand
  83. Oct 15, 2013
    3.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-33.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-3 months of lvling/grinding BUT those 2-3 months are well worth it, the graphics are simply great, mechanics, animations, voices... all of those are topnotch even the story isnt all that bad, hell i would buy this game for the cinematics alone... i mean NO MATTER HOW MUCH DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE this game doesn't deserve 0/10 or are you telling me there is at least 1 person that thinks the graphics are bad? Give me a break. If you rate rate reasonably... taking in consideration ALL of its flaws AND beauties. Expand
  84. Jun 21, 2014
    It seems like nobody can enjoy classic genres like ARPG's (Action Role-Playing Game) anymore. People think that these games are too repetitive but I like it and people may complain about how Diablo 3 had ruined its Diablo franchise but its new expansion, RoS (Reaper of Souls) has made improvements to the game by a long run. People who played this game awhile back when the game was releasedIt seems like nobody can enjoy classic genres like ARPG's (Action Role-Playing Game) anymore. People think that these games are too repetitive but I like it and people may complain about how Diablo 3 had ruined its Diablo franchise but its new expansion, RoS (Reaper of Souls) has made improvements to the game by a long run. People who played this game awhile back when the game was released should really consider trying it again and give it a better review. Expand
  85. Aug 8, 2014
    Short serious review-opinion: (First about me) I have played Diablo 2 Lod for about 10 years, played every character, loved story and its feel. I am truly hardcore fan.
    (REVIEW:) THIS GAME IS FLAWLESS. Except - DRM, and thankfully, it is GONE. Now, nothing can compare to it, because it is child of Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction and gentlemen, it is true child and hold up its name despite haters all around... Long Live the Diablo!
  86. May 15, 2012
    ^ 431 people need to go back to playing their pandas on WoW. For all the true diablo series fan this game is rocking. Finally a game that has an end game challenge so 12 year old pony boys can't QQ about and get the game nerfed. GJ BLIZZ!
  87. May 15, 2012
    All this trolling makes me sad. D3 is a worth successor to a storied franchise. It does exactly what it set out to do: it updates Diablo gameplay to 2012 sensibilities while maintaining the core of what it means to be "Diablo." This series has been the gold standard in the ARPG genere since it the original Diablo came out in 1996. D3 continues that legacy with aplomb. If you like Diablo orAll this trolling makes me sad. D3 is a worth successor to a storied franchise. It does exactly what it set out to do: it updates Diablo gameplay to 2012 sensibilities while maintaining the core of what it means to be "Diablo." This series has been the gold standard in the ARPG genere since it the original Diablo came out in 1996. D3 continues that legacy with aplomb. If you like Diablo or this style of game in general, D3 is well worth your money. If you're not a fan of the genre, I recommend you give D3 a look. Expand
  88. May 16, 2012
    Great game, really awesome graphics. Countless hours of replay. Love the sound and voice acting. Very fun. I can understand why it's so popular. GAME OF THE YEAR.
  89. May 15, 2012
    Let me start off by saying...anyone that gave this game a lower than a 7 (a reasonable score for someone who may not actually like the game because lets be honest, it is near flawless) is a complete troll so ignore them...yes I spent an hour logging in at 3 am (eastern time, yeah I had to wait until 3 in the morning), did that stop me from enjoying a game? No. And as a matter of fact,Let me start off by saying...anyone that gave this game a lower than a 7 (a reasonable score for someone who may not actually like the game because lets be honest, it is near flawless) is a complete troll so ignore them...yes I spent an hour logging in at 3 am (eastern time, yeah I had to wait until 3 in the morning), did that stop me from enjoying a game? No. And as a matter of fact, anyone that says it isnt anything like diablo 2 is mentally handicapped and should seek help. I am an avid diablo 2 fan (over 700 hours, 7 lvl 99 characters, over 100 playthroughs) I can honestly say that this game is better...you may think that because there are no skill or stat points that it is streamlined but I assure you it is not. There are over 1000 more character combinations with the available 30+ skills and 130+ runes and 16 passives that there is no way that everyone (unless they follow a guide) will be the same...The story is not rubbish, in fact they did a hell of a lot better conveying their message than diablo 1 and 2 did combined. Bottom line, if someone gave it below a 7 they are obviously trolling...If you are a fan of diablo 2 like I was then you MUST, I don't mean it lightly, pick up this game. In my honest opinion it is much better than diablo 2, and definitely lived up to the hype. Additionally for those looking to troll the real money auction house let me remind you of what it was like in diablo 2 when you would create a game and 9 gold spammers would join the game and spam your chat log to the point it would cover your screen, and those few unfortunate individuals that happened to buy gear from an unknown site with real money and got their identities stolen or never recieved their items...yeah remember that? I 100% agree with the real money auction house...additionally DIABLO IS NOT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME! since diablo 2 it has had a focus on multiplayer, so suck it up get over that it doesn't have a single player portion...that is my opinion...for those of you that troll, please uninstall the game and give it to someone that does care, or stop playing altogether so that we can log in quicker...thanks Expand
  90. May 15, 2012
    The game is like a wooly cup inside of a large black bag that has no zipper. At first you open the bag to see if the zipper will slide and once you do you realize that the smell of rotten flesh coming from the bag reminds you of the time you jumped on the trampoline naked in 9th grade. It's not so much the eye candy that gets you going with this game but the way it makes you want to turnThe game is like a wooly cup inside of a large black bag that has no zipper. At first you open the bag to see if the zipper will slide and once you do you realize that the smell of rotten flesh coming from the bag reminds you of the time you jumped on the trampoline naked in 9th grade. It's not so much the eye candy that gets you going with this game but the way it makes you want to turn your stereo up to level 11. If I could describe this game in one word it would be Expand
  91. May 15, 2012
    As a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost everyAs a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost every single level! (to the point where my "party role" has changed from tank, dps, healer, and CC on just my MONK! ONE CHARACTER!!) Okay, so the launch has some issues. It is expected.. I had a full party of 4 at my house at 3:00 a.m. eastern time, and not one of us expected to be on the server before 4:30. Yah.. error 37 for an hour or two, but we all four played to level 20 in HC, and are now napping while these updates happen. :D 10/10 all the way GO BLIZZ! Expand
  92. aTn
    May 15, 2012
    Most reviews done by users before the day of release (or a few hours after release) are simply rants against the DRM policy. Thanks to them for polluting the set of user reviews and making them have absolutely no meaning at all, except for the fact that many like to whine.

I've been playing the game for about 5 hours and it is simply great. I will reserve judgement until I've completed it and the dust has settled a bit. I give it a 9 based on sound (the music is awesome, even the installer music !), graphics, lighting effects and the story.
  93. May 17, 2012
    I feel compelled to review Diablo 3 not for the public but because of the public. For those giving this game a bad score for the necessary internet connection and launch bugs shame on you. Although I also don't agree with needing a constant internet connection this isn't the first game to do it and one of the biggest reasons to add this requirement is for any game now a days is becauseI feel compelled to review Diablo 3 not for the public but because of the public. For those giving this game a bad score for the necessary internet connection and launch bugs shame on you. Although I also don't agree with needing a constant internet connection this isn't the first game to do it and one of the biggest reasons to add this requirement is for any game now a days is because of piracy. Is it the best way to handle it? No. If your going to be mad about something like that be mad at the people who steal games. The people that think the game is worth playing but don't want to pay for it. As for the launch bugs, they will get fixed, calm down.

Now, on to the real reason I'm defending the game. People keep saying its watered down and to "casual." To those people I say, wait till you unlock the other difficulty modes. I am also reading a lot of post about people being unhappy with character development. I think they did a great job. From what I gather people are pretty butt hurt about not being able to pick stats when you level. But I ask why, why do you want to do that so much? Blizzard took a step back and actually analyzed how people were playing their games. Just like in WoW if you didn't put talent point in certain skills, or in Diablo's case, stats, then you were essentially playing the class wrong. They instead said, and this is true with Diablo too, if they are always going to put their point into these stats lets find another way that people can customize their characters the way they want to without them feeling inferior to someone else playing the same class. That's where the introduction to these new skill types shine. For example my brother and myself are both playing Monk. We are both piling on the dexterity from items, because in order to do any type of good damage we need it. Which points back to why anyone wants "customize" their own stats, just let them do it. We all know where your going to put them anyway. Instead, where we get to customize is with our abilities, runes, and passive abilities. We play the character completely different yet were both feel just as powerfully and we enjoy playing the game in our own ways. I've tried his skills build and i hate it, and the same can be said when he tried how I play my monk. The game is deep, the art is gorgeous and a amazing example of why not every game needs "next gen" graphics. For everyone hating on the game for the mandatory internet connection and the launch bugs. I understand, I've said my share of comment about it, but grow up. Scores of Zero are childish.
  94. May 17, 2012
    The majority of user reviewers have not even played the game, based on the fact that it's only been out for less than two days and one of those days the servers weren't working. I am giving the game an 8, based on how it compares to other games in the genre.

While I haven't completed the game (not even close), I am really enjoying the storyline, mechanics, and overall atmosphere. And of course, the main thing we all like is the loot, which is rampant in D3. Fans of the first two Diablo games will appreciate how similar this is - Blizzard did not deviate far from its winning formula for the franchise, and I appreciate that (especially after seeing how Bioware destroyed the Dragon Age franchise with its sequel). For those of you who gave the game a zero, you should play the game (servers are fine now) and then come back and modify your score. Just because servers crashed on the first night does not mean the game is a zero. Please don't let metacritic lose credibility by giving skewed scores based on the fact that you called in sick to play Diablo and were unable to on Tuesday.
  95. May 18, 2012
    definitely a step up in the franchise. Worried about customization? Just do the math. there is more options in D3 than D2. And end game content, and cheat-free CUZ ITS ONLINE THANKS BLIZZARD.
  96. May 18, 2012
    I hate the fact there are so many people giving this great game unfair scores, so I decided to get my own write up in here. I preordered the game without playing the beta and almost second guessed my decision based on the bad things I was hearing about the game before release from the beta testers. Thankfully I didn't cancel my order because after 15 hours of playing the game, I absolutelyI hate the fact there are so many people giving this great game unfair scores, so I decided to get my own write up in here. I preordered the game without playing the beta and almost second guessed my decision based on the bad things I was hearing about the game before release from the beta testers. Thankfully I didn't cancel my order because after 15 hours of playing the game, I absolutely love it and I feel like its the best in the series.
    - Always online aspect of the game is something that naturally bothered me the first day because I couldn't play. And what normal person wouldn't be annoyed, even angry that they couldn't play a game that you waited so long for. But the server issues are stabilizing and the game is probably about 95% playable now, maybe even 100%. I for one absolutely love the always online feature of this game. And I can understand if I never played the game with friends and only did single player for every game I played, then I might be hating on the always online. But for me, the fact that I can always find my friends on B.net 2.0, whether they are on WoW, Sc2, or D3, is awesome. But to be honest, I never played Diablo 2 offline because I always felt that the game was better online. I mean what game isn't better when its played with other people? Diablo 3 almost seems like from the ground up it was designed to be an online game, that could be played solo. Much like MMOs today, solo quest until your max level, then start doing group stuff (on a side note, I think that is the major problem with MMOs today). The difficult scales to the number of characters in the game, which makes playing with friends and the game much more fun. Next always online capability, NO MORE HACKING, thank God. Diablo 2, even closed B.net was completely ruined by hacking. Now that a lot of the game is handled server side, especially loot, it seems, at least for now that Diablo 3 at the very least will be very, very difficult to hack. I like that. Actually, I like that a lot. If you got this game for single player only, I think you are missing one of the core functions of this game.
    - Story is decent and picks up more in the later acts than before. I keep reading about so and so beat normal mode, mind you did not same game, in 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12 hours. I am currently sitting at 15 hours played and I just reached Act 3, but I did what any good RPG and fan of the series did, I explored! And back to the always online feature, if I saw a friend that behind in levels or needed some help, I jumped into their game and helped them. So I haven't just got one, rushed through and finished it. Also, for anyone downrating this game because you rushed through normal and go to the story and are complaining that it is too short, you obviously do not know the point of the Diablo-series, higher difficulty settings! The next difficulties offer better loot, better crafting, and the best part of it all, more challenge. So if you are rushing through to get to those things, awesome, but don't complain about a game being too short when just playing normal mode was never how the game was supposed to be played. I hated the skill system in this game and I mean hated it. I felt like Blizzard was choosing my skills for me and making the leveling up system in D3 be completely automated... until I got to the later levels. Now its another feature that I am enjoying of the game, and not because its pretty much chooses for you, but because of the arsenal of abilities I have to use to kill stuff. For anyone that played Diablo 2, due to synergies, you basically had 2-3 attacks you used and that was it. And in elective mode, I have more freedom over the skills that I use in my bars and I dunno maybe most people aren't using elective mode and that's they don't like it, or maybe they haven't figured out how to change out skills. But this game already has infinitely more skills and ways to play your character than Diablo 2 ever did. So for that I commend Blizzard for making the game they way they did. So, in short, the skill system looks shallow at first, but as you get later into the game and start trying out different combos and different strategies with skills, you start to see how they visioned their skills system.

Finally, graphics, yes technically they are not that impressive, especially if you are only looking at polygons and textures. But to be fair to Blizzard, the graphics were expected, at least from me. I have played every single Blizzard released and each of them were never known for their modern graphics. But the game is delightfully dark, morbid and disgusting, thanks in part to the new graphics, and of course the art direction. And once again, Blizzard excels in the art direction. I mean there are some really grotesque things going on, especially once you get into the dungeons. I love the game and I feel like it deserves praise and definitely worth every penny.
  97. May 18, 2012
    The reason that this game has such low user review score is because of 2 things: it has Diablo in the title and there were server problems. Not being able to play the game when it comes out really sucks, but doesn't make the whole game deserve a 0, it's just a bad play by Blizzard. Just wait a day and calm down. Also, since it has Diablo in the title, people expect this game to be exactlyThe reason that this game has such low user review score is because of 2 things: it has Diablo in the title and there were server problems. Not being able to play the game when it comes out really sucks, but doesn't make the whole game deserve a 0, it's just a bad play by Blizzard. Just wait a day and calm down. Also, since it has Diablo in the title, people expect this game to be exactly like the previous games, rightfully so. However, just because it's not doesn't mean it deserves 0, its just different. The game (when playable) is streamlined, fast-paced, addictive, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. It has more of a focus on being an action rpg then a regular rpg because of the lower level of customization. So take it as that, not for something it isn't trying to be. Saying it is an awful game is wrong, it just wasn't what you expected Expand
  98. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game, loads of fun. Didn't have a SINGLE error with servers and i don't mind the online requirement.
    Well spend 60$! I'm in Act 2 now on Nightmare.
  99. May 18, 2012
    excelente juego!! me encanta mas alla de el tema de la conexion online el juego en si es muy bueno, sigue teniendo la esencia del 2 y sus requisistos son muy accesibles a casi toda la gente
  100. May 18, 2012
    The game is exactly what it should be and is really great. It contains everything that Diablo II was plus a lot of more features. Most of the people are complaining mindlessly about the start of the game where the servers were overloaded but it was just the first two days and now everything goes smoothly. Actually the servers were quite responsible for such a long time waiting game. TheThe game is exactly what it should be and is really great. It contains everything that Diablo II was plus a lot of more features. Most of the people are complaining mindlessly about the start of the game where the servers were overloaded but it was just the first two days and now everything goes smoothly. Actually the servers were quite responsible for such a long time waiting game. The graphics of the game is polished perfectly, the sound is great, there are tons of items to use, the difficult of the several game modes increases smoothly and is quite challenging in order to have the game entertaining for a long time. The hardcore mode is what each game should have.

There is something that I believe, and that most of the people can't realise. The game is a long time challenge that cannot be achieved if there were offline play where cracks and hacks are always possible to be used. The idea is that you can improve yourself to unbelievable limits over the time. To achieve this you should find the perfect gear. Here goes the real money aucision house and I believe Blizzard took a long time planning it as it can be easily spoiled. Some of the greatest items available will be listed there. Finally, if you're really that good and manage to beat the Inferno difficulty, the real challange begins. You start the hardcore mode, where each mistake costs everything and you should carefully plan every move of yours. Believe me, this will make you really feel and enjoy the game making your heart beating. So for all the critics, finish the Inferno difficulty and start playing the Hardcore mode.
  101. Oct 9, 2012
    Diablo3 is an amazing game, though it does many things differently to Diablo2. It makes these changes to simplify gameplay and make the game more accessible to people new to the franchise. If you prefer how Diablo 2 did things, perhaps check out Torchlight.

Diablo 3 has some great graphics, amazing sound track and voice acting and solid game play. The gameplay gets repetitive after 100hours but at that point the game has been worth the purchase.

The game did launch with several problems which caused many people on this site to give it terrible reviews. Since launch a lot of new content has been added to address these, thus many of the user reviews on this site are outdated at best, some are just unfair.

The only negetive this game gets from me is that the always online requirement. Having battle.net's social aspects added to the game isnt enough to validate the always online requirement. IE: It causes more problems than it enhances the experience.

1. Aug 31, 2012