3.9

1. May 20, 2012
    I can't decide which is the worst, the corny / **** dialogue, the boring gameplay, the boring items, or the fact that the games story plays out like a **** cliche marvel movie that put all its budget into special effects. They seriously ruined the best game franchise of all time, and they did it with flying **** colors.
  2. May 21, 2012
    I'm level 55 and the game peaked at kinda fun about half way through but then quickly dropped to tedious monotony. This is not the product a company with unlimited resources and a sure fire hit should of made. Just for example, the items in the game are boring with only bigger number changes throughout the entire game. It is pure design by spreadsheet. No imagination. I could go on.. but meh.
  3. May 21, 2012
    I would love to tell you how great this game is. How after 12 years, Blizzard finally hit it out of the park again, and how I can relive my highschool summers playing Diablo 2 playing their new, polished, awesome product.

I can't tell you what the game is like though, because I've had it since launch and I still haven't successfully logged in. Not even once. Every day I'll get a bit farther and get a new error.

0/10 - the game doesn't work. It doesn't matter how much time they put into making this, their stupid servers and always-on DRM mean I can't play it. Waste of $60.
  4. May 21, 2012
    This title brings nothing new to the genre, the need for a constant internet connection at face value appears to be a poor decision by Blizzard, then you are stuck with login errors, server maintenance, lag issue, the constant internet connection becomes game breaking.

This game has been simplified by the removal of the stats system, and simplifying the skill system which have removed much of the interesting potential of strange builds. The itemization is terrible, I did not want to play a single player WOW clone, this game needs to be heavily patched... before its worth a look.
  5. Jun 27, 2012
    I've played about 100 hours of this game. I really tried my hardest not to quit before that, but the further I got the more I missed D2:LoD. There was a lot of opportunity for a good plot, amazing gameplay, unique itemization and character building, but it was lost on the developer team somewhere.

The youtube videos from 2008 have more content that the current game for some reason. It was a great game for a while, but as something I expected to play all summer and having the Diablo namesake, it failed miserably. I would consider this a pretty decent game for $20 on steam, but not for $60. It's not a spiritual successor to D2 nor is it even related imho.

For just one example of these issues with D3 comparable to D2 and other games check out this link:

PS. I'm "the johnny" and I do play Ori... lawlz
  6. May 22, 2012
    If I buy a game, and specially when that game is not a MMO , and I'm a single player I want to play it!, even if no exist a conection. I don't want to loose my play-time(in my weekend) looking if the servers are avaliable, are ready or all burn out, that's no my problem! I paid for a game and the result or this is "I can't play it"
  7. May 24, 2012
    This is my first review but this game was so awful that I had to write one. The amount of customization given to Diablo 3 in comparison to Diablo 2 is extraordinarily limited with an "auto-pilot" skill system that immediately inputs skills for you therefore removing player choice. The graphics are not that impressive for this generation nor is the storyline. After playing forThis is my first review but this game was so awful that I had to write one. The amount of customization given to Diablo 3 in comparison to Diablo 2 is extraordinarily limited with an "auto-pilot" skill system that immediately inputs skills for you therefore removing player choice. The graphics are not that impressive for this generation nor is the storyline. After playing for approximately 50-60 hours of the game, the game is repetitious with limited replayable upon hitting maximum level along with the real money auction house soon to be implemented making some players wonder how it will affect the game. Don't believe the "Critic Reviews." Some of em' show no sign of playing the game such as "Diablo 3 is an odyssey in a cruel and dark world. Its epic and violent story is yet again upon us. And we shall all tremble." The launch was always pretty bad but I did not factor that into my review due to the effort Blizzard had put, they even refunded my Digital Copy of Diablo III with full cooperation. Expand
  8. May 25, 2012
    More than a week on and I'm still rather disappointed. Game feels rather shallow compared to previous iterations and is selling on name alone.

Decent, but nothing more.
  9. May 26, 2012
    You expect to be able to play a game youve paid $60 for. Especially single player campaign offline when "servers" are down.
    Other than that, the game looks like a bad MMO from 10 years ago.
  10. May 26, 2012
    A big let down can play single player with out being logged in. graphics are ok nothing big. If they wanted to make a good game then they should have done away with the log in stuff for a single player game i can care less about co-op
  11. May 26, 2012
    I'm currently in nightmare mode and really have no desire to play the same bad storyline over again. I kill bosses for the first time in nightmare mode and they don't even drop rares...I feel like this game really wasn't in development for the past 12 years....I feel like this has been pushed out onto us incomplete. I played both D1 and D2 as a teen and can remember having tons of fun.I'm currently in nightmare mode and really have no desire to play the same bad storyline over again. I kill bosses for the first time in nightmare mode and they don't even drop rares...I feel like this game really wasn't in development for the past 12 years....I feel like this has been pushed out onto us incomplete. I played both D1 and D2 as a teen and can remember having tons of fun. This is simply not the case here. I mildly enjoyed the first play through of D3. The story was very poor. I was disappointed with the character development. The item drop/randomization is in my opinion broken. The server problems really weren't an issue, nonetheless, I didn't appreciate paying for something and not being able to use it when I wanted. Overall, I think Blizzard put no thought into this game. They decided to put out an incomplete product. I was anticipating this game for years. I thought I would be lost in the demonic and frightening world of Diablo 3, instead i found myself in a kid like WoW looking game. Very disappointed...... Expand
  12. May 26, 2012
    Incredibly polished, but unplayable for me due to unreliable internet, entire game lagged in single player, constant disconnects and unable to connect makes it unplayable, loss of progress and general poor form from the developers. This is the very last time I spend any money on products which use DRM.
  13. May 29, 2012
    The problem with critical reviews of this game is that critics are expected to churn out judgement based on sitting down and playing the game for a few hours (or a few days at the most) before they need to write an article about it. This is accurate of how Diablo 3 is. Play it for a few hours or a few days and you'll tend to say "best game ever." Play it longer than that though and theThe problem with critical reviews of this game is that critics are expected to churn out judgement based on sitting down and playing the game for a few hours (or a few days at the most) before they need to write an article about it. This is accurate of how Diablo 3 is. Play it for a few hours or a few days and you'll tend to say "best game ever." Play it longer than that though and the impression (very, very) quickly fades. I am giving this game a 1-rating despite being a (former) Blizzard fan not only because the game requires you to always be online with servers that are very unreliable - these things can be fixed given time. The reason I am giving this game a 1-rating are because: 1) the game is too short, 2) it assumes you'll have to play the game over and over and over (ad infinitum) just to progress to the higher difficulty levels. It requires you to either grind for gear or scour the AH and in this regard, it loses what made the Diablo franchise fun. It was FUN to kill monsters. It's NOT FUN getting 1-shotted in Inferno difficulty because, despite grinding hours for gear, the RNG gods have not yet given you enough gear to be able to handle this level of difficulty. In this regard, Diablo 3 becomes a game not of skill, but of luck. There's no aspect of strategy here. To be able to survive Inferno, you need to have a very specific build with a very specific (and very hard to find or very expensive) gear.

This is not the game for you if you just want to sit back after a long tiring day at work and kill stuff and be happy about it. This is a game for people who either play games for a living, or have enough money in their Daddy's trust fund that they can afford never to work a day in their life and can spend all of it playing this game.
  14. May 29, 2012
    Diablo III is what looks to be a lovingly crafted loot fest with some smooth animation, a nice UI, intuitive and easy to get up and running without reading a single word. Unfortunately - if you don't read up on the game before you buy it, or any of the 3 EULAs (although by that stage its too late), you won't know that you might not actually be able to see said smooth animation etc on yourDiablo III is what looks to be a lovingly crafted loot fest with some smooth animation, a nice UI, intuitive and easy to get up and running without reading a single word. Unfortunately - if you don't read up on the game before you buy it, or any of the 3 EULAs (although by that stage its too late), you won't know that you might not actually be able to see said smooth animation etc on your single player game that you bought to play on your computer at home by yourself because some other computer (Blizzard's) is having problems.

Really? I can't play my single player game because Blizzard can't cope with providing the server side of things, a requirement they gracefully forced down my throat with a jaggedly broken broom handle? I have single player lag? How did that oxymoron ever see the light of day? Auction house this, DRM that, blah blah blah. I don't care. This is not even close to good enough.
  15. May 29, 2012
    Diablo 3 took everything that made Diablo 2 fun and just threw it away. This is a game for casual scrubs. Terrible game, don't buy it. Blizzard used to be the best game developers in the world, it is sad to see how low they have sunk. Oh and by the way, enjoy always having to be online to play when Blizzard's been to cheap to buy decent servers (have fun playing with 150 ms at all times!).
  16. AKY
    May 29, 2012
    2 Weeks in and the Servers are still so bad that most of the time you cant even log in, much less play without lag. The Auction house has been down the majority of both weeks.

The storyline is abysmal, Inferno Difficulty is "fake nintendo" hard consisting of nothing truly difficult, just Impossible sets of modifiers on packs. You don't even get to enjoy the boss fights since they've been nerfed EXP and Loot wise.

Jokes on me though, Blizzard already got my money!
  17. May 29, 2012
    A single player game that lags, now I've seen it all... really unplayable at times. The game it self is pretty decent when it works... but having to be online to play single player just gives so many problems that it stops being fun... what a waste of great potential.
  18. May 29, 2012
    Online only for a single player type game..............And you can only play when blizzard decides to let you. Terrible story and terrible support from blizzard. I want my money back!
  19. May 29, 2012
    Well I have to applaud Blizzard in all reality. From a business stand point it would seem like you're on the perfect track to make the shareholders at Activision very pleased.

You've taken a game with so much hype built around it, a game with a rabid and wildly large fan base, a game vaulting off of the massive success of the previous generation - and you've turned it into your sacrificial lamb.

I understand that WoW is dying. The cash cow that you have been able to depend on to fill your coffers is finally drying up. It had a great run. MoP is not likely to defibrillate the failing heart of what was once the WoW empire, and you know this. Starcraft 2, while an amazing game, cannot replace this cash cow - then again it wasn't meant to. How could it? Your business foresight is very attuned. Because of this you carefully planned your next chess move: Diablo 3.

What better way to birth another golden goose than to bank an entire game off of the most addictive part of what Diablo 2 was: the item grind. Pure brilliance. And so, from the ground up, you formed this game to be solely about item exchange - this would be the titan built to replace WoW's subscription based bankroll in the form of micro transactions.

Except one thing: you're boring.

On May 15th 2012, after nearly a decade of anticipation, we were given Diablo 3! Except, it's not quite Diablo 3. It's a slimmed down, cut up version of the Diablo 3 everyone was taught to expect. Except, it wasn't given to us, we still had to pay you full price for it: $60.

My how the mighty hath fallen. Why is it not Diablo 3, you say? Well let's see. Anyone remember all those teaser videos spoon fed to the community over the past 3 years? Videos slowly leaking to us glimpses of the content we could expect to experience? I do.

From nearly FOUR years ago:

@2:10 "These current weapons just won't do!":

I guess scrapping this idea all together was more developmentally cost effective.

@6:30 "Let's see what a real fight looks like."

Indeed, lets. I'm still waiting, actually. Is it just me or does that environment look entirely more engaging than the atmosphere we've purchased at release?

@2:00 Did he say randomized, dungeons, quests and encounters?

If their idea of newly generated fights, quests and environments is a continuous cycle of the same things from a pre-conceived list, he's spot on!

So where's the beef? - some might say. The beef is that this is not Diablo 3, this is an imposter. A hologram. An artificial replacement. A lame duck substitute for what hype built it up to be. A cut up and slimmed down version of what should have been. In essence: a slaughtered, sacrificial lamb.

That leaves myself and thousands of others saying indeed, where is the beef? Blizzard's answer: there is no cow level. But hey, we got rainbows and unicorns!

Is anyone still in complete denial about how truly boring this game is or have people started to shake off the honey moon dust?

You eliminated enchanting, PvP, pet companions and other things from the release version so that you could market it as part of a later expansion for more money. (This is a trend in gaming that several developers have been following; withhold content you've been advertising for the past two years and charge a premium for it at a later date. I shouldn't have expected Activision-Blizzard to be any different, shame on me.

You didn't include a single player mode because you can't make money off of people if they aren't using the AH in a multiplayer format. Less work for you in the development stages, and forces people to engage in the micro-economy that your bankroll is based on. Again, brilliance. Which leads me to my final point

There is so LITTLE dynamic to this game I cannot believe it took this many years to create it. In fact, I don't. So why the long wait? I'll tell you: economic law. Years to iron out the legal details for a global launch of RMAH.

It doesn't take an overly intelligent mind to figure WHY they would want to use a RMAH and get a cut of (a lot of) the transactions. That's fine. Here's the problem: you built the entire game around a pure gear grind, and then force that gear grind to revolve around the AH, specifically the RMAH. There is literally no other dynamic. When you build a game from a purely business stand point, you're not building a great game - and a great game this is not.

In conclusion, gamers, do you really want to spend your time on yet another slave-like gear grind? If so, eat your heart out. You'll find no better place to do it! If not, there are a plethora of other games out there much more deserving of your $60, I promise
  20. May 30, 2012
    Tired of playing the same crpg over and over and over for the last 15-20 years? Want something refreshing, surprising, innovative and challenging instead? Don't look here. If you're into seeing the state of the computer roleplaying game go absolutely nowhere, buy Diablo III and tell the corporation that paid for it that all you want is more.
  21. Jun 19, 2012
    It's an inferior Pay2Win MMORPG; without the RPG, without the MMO. D2 and D3 have nothing in common as far as game mechanics are concerned. Even aesthetically they have nothing in common, heck Diablo's a female now with boobs.
  22. Jun 8, 2012
    TERRIBLE, i literally made this account to warn you how bad it is. story trash, customization trash, skill factor trash,replay value trash,fun factor trash, pvp not even a duel feature at release... so trash, itemising trash, u want to have best gear forget playing game only xploits and cheats farm good gear rest is bought by farmers the sec its posted in ah so some dude who owns 20 copiesTERRIBLE, i literally made this account to warn you how bad it is. story trash, customization trash, skill factor trash,replay value trash,fun factor trash, pvp not even a duel feature at release... so trash, itemising trash, u want to have best gear forget playing game only xploits and cheats farm good gear rest is bought by farmers the sec its posted in ah so some dude who owns 20 copies and doesnt even play the game has all the good loots but who cares becuz by inferno uve played this weak ass story to death and its just not fun.mele classes in inferno are used for gibb kiting oh man let me farm repairs so i can die 15x while rng class kites cuz respawn is skill right? im not even touching base on how fail the servers were at launch and prolly still are as i unstalled this trash, its really pathetic that i am looking for expansion news 1 week after launch cuz all there is todo is kill broken elite mobs which i would have to farm A1 hundred times becuz the others way too hefty in repairs to make money and spend that money on items the gold farmers flipped 10x already up to a gabillion gold, but again why look in ah for what this game is bad i dont want better gear to farm faster money to rinse repeat if i needed more complaints the craft system is a joke cost before mats are more then u could fetch for crap u can make, the gear is ugly and share a few common overused skins im just curious how many of these critics on MC must have stock in blizzard becus that MetaScore is clearly not from anyone who played this trash. ugh just avoid it its BAD Expand
  23. Jun 11, 2012
    A poorly balanced game that lacks everything that made the series fun. In order to get upgrades from loot drops, you have to kill monsters above your current level of gear, this becomes more and more impossible as you progress, and by Inferno becomes impossible. This makes the game eventually turn into "Auction House Tycoon" instead of Diablo. The auction house becomes as optional toA poorly balanced game that lacks everything that made the series fun. In order to get upgrades from loot drops, you have to kill monsters above your current level of gear, this becomes more and more impossible as you progress, and by Inferno becomes impossible. This makes the game eventually turn into "Auction House Tycoon" instead of Diablo. The auction house becomes as optional to game progression as a keyboard is option to using a computer, and basically drains all the fun from the game. You stop hunting for items and quickly start farming for gold to buy them from others instead.

Always online DRM is lag filled and further ruins the experience. I've literally lost track of the number of times I have died directly due to server lag. In a game like Diablo, thats ALL action, where every tenth of second matters...having a constant 150-200 ms connection ruins the game.

I would recommend avoiding, save your $60, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration, far too many bad choices made during development.
  24. Jun 16, 2012
    ARPG without any loot surprise. 150 hours game play with my Demon Hunter i get 1 Legendary Shield. A game simply lead you to total frustration. When the RMAH came live, answer is clear. You are forced to buy something from RMAH or you going to spend countless hours farming gold to get some EQ that help you to progress to next level. Simply Boring and Frustrated.
  25. Jun 20, 2012
    Save your time and money, this game was an absolute failure. The only way you might like it is if you never played the first two of the series. If you have played the first two avoid this at all costs, it was an absolute failure and it is only a giant ploy to fuel the real money auction house in the game.
  26. Jun 20, 2012
    Activision must have paid a fortune in bribes to get such good industry reviews. However, the user reviews tell the true story. This is a dumbed down, money making exercise that spectacularly fails to fire at any stage of the game. It looks and feels more like World of Warcraft than part of the Diablo franchise. The auction house ruins any feeling of progress, instead it is just aActivision must have paid a fortune in bribes to get such good industry reviews. However, the user reviews tell the true story. This is a dumbed down, money making exercise that spectacularly fails to fire at any stage of the game. It looks and feels more like World of Warcraft than part of the Diablo franchise. The auction house ruins any feeling of progress, instead it is just a cycle of "gear check", "kill things", "sell loot for money", "visit auction house". I have played for ~150 hours and have had only one legendary item drop so far and that item was pretty much worthless. The cinematics (usually a strong point for Blizzard) are boring and the dialogue, cut scenes, plot and voice acting are pretty much the worst I have ever seen in a game.

The gameplay and lack of freedom are the real killer though. So you wander around the (not so) random environment killing mobs by inclining your weapon in their general direction and then you are suddenly jumped on by something golden that hits you from off screen and kills you in one shot. Even worse you can't do any damage back as it is invulnerable or shielded, etc. This is not fun. Being forced to kill elite packs is not fun. Making the least fun part of the game the main driver once you hit level 60 is just a vain attempt to make something totally unenjoyable seem more rewarding - it doesn't work.

In summary playing DIII feels like someone is playing a mean joke on you and that at some point a crowd of people will jump up and shout, "fooled you"... then you get to play the "real" game... I am still waiting for this though :'(
  27. Jun 21, 2012
    I had high hopes for this game, crushed hopes now. I won't complain about the graphics, they're nothing special, but get the job done. They game play mechanics are actually enjoyable, for a while... and that's where it ends.

I think most of the reviews here have covered the boring storyline, blah...blah..blah.. I'll focus more on the current state of the game. The game shouldn't even be named Diablo, it should be called Auction House. After playing a while, you quickly realize that the gear you need to progress to the next act doesn't drop for you. So it then becomes a gold grind to afford your upgrades at the Auction House. Along come all the exploits, bots, etc. and the economy is out of control.

Blizz's latest solution to this is patch 1.03. Nerf everyone's damage, 5x everyone's repair costs, 3 min enrage timers on bosses, no items in smashing and kicking things anymore, very little gold from the environment, you're killing inferno mode bosses/champs and getting hell mode loot. The forums at Blizzard are on fire, the mods can't delete the negative threads fast enough, players leaving the game in droves and an attitude of indifference from the one or two mods who've actually responded to the flood of rage.

Sad part is.... I still think the game has potential to be great if the execs over there would focus more on making the game fun rather than how to funnel as many sheep as possible into the Real Money Auction House to get their 15% cut..

Do yourself a big favor if you're considering buying Auction House 3, Give it a month or two and see if Blizz is able to iron out the wrinkles, because currently, it's a joke.
  28. Jun 23, 2012
    Do you like fun?

If you answered yes to this question, stay far away from this game.

Visuals are solid, sound is solid. Dialogue and story are glue sniffing retarded.

The game has 0 replayability, boring monotonous gameplay and its endgame consists of being an unpaid item farmer.

Horrid game.
  29. Jun 25, 2012
    Hi, I played Diablo Diablo 2 and of course all Blizzard games, Starcraft was awesome but this years Diablo 3 does not simply meet high Blizzard games level. Mediocre story, world of warcraft copying, connection issues, confusing auction house , repeating game again and again to get required items, stupid mobs difficulty based on your dps and not skill. It simply is not worth 60 euros IHi, I played Diablo Diablo 2 and of course all Blizzard games, Starcraft was awesome but this years Diablo 3 does not simply meet high Blizzard games level. Mediocre story, world of warcraft copying, connection issues, confusing auction house , repeating game again and again to get required items, stupid mobs difficulty based on your dps and not skill. It simply is not worth 60 euros I paid. "Thank you" Blizzard, I bought all your games but will use cracked version next time to compensate this sh...... Expand
  30. Jun 27, 2012
    Welcome to the future gaming. A real money item shop in the game for 60$, with a feeble diablo-clone attached to it and sweet-fap-advertisements (reviews). An always online single player mode, with queues to play the single player mode.
  31. Jul 15, 2012
    One of the biggest disappointments I have ever had the displeasure of playing, a game infected by the same corporate greed that has been plaguing this industry for the last decade and making no attempt to hide it either. I won't even go into the story other than saying it feels rushed, incomplete (likely to make way for expansions) and pretty much thrown together to give the game someOne of the biggest disappointments I have ever had the displeasure of playing, a game infected by the same corporate greed that has been plaguing this industry for the last decade and making no attempt to hide it either. I won't even go into the story other than saying it feels rushed, incomplete (likely to make way for expansions) and pretty much thrown together to give the game some semblance of plot. What truly becomes apparent rather quickly is how this game's aspects completely revolve around players using the auction house, be it real money or in-game gold, at every turn in this game one is being goaded into spending money, be it the lack of level appropriate loot dropping in higher difficulties, the fact that gear and not inherent stats determine everything from offense to defense, Blizzard's nerfing of classes who have the possibility to circumvent the gear requirements needed for inferno difficulty, everything in this game pushes people to spend money to get better gear. On an auction house where the economy has been broken since release wich (perhaps intentionally) pushes people to towards spending real money on RMAH. Even the now infamous DRM is all a means to keep that infernal auction house alive and I find it truly mind boggling how Blizzard can not seem to admit that Diablo 3 is being used as a cash cow at the expense of their consumers' enjoyment. The skill system feels heavily uninspired and simplified, the game has been advertised as being gothic horror, but even an 8 year old wouldn't get a scare out of this game. Diablo 1 and 2 felt dark and scary, the music felt ominous, Diablo 3 has abolished this feeling and made way for a game for all to play and enjoy... (and spend money on the auction house). The arrogance of Blizzard's "you play how we want you to play" aproach is another point of interest, classes and mechanics being nerfed leaving certain builds and gear (on wich players have spent quite a bit of money) completely useless, there is just no excuse for how much this game blows in the end. A game used to bring in money at the expense of the consumers' entertainment by taking a much loved franchise and putting a shiny new number on it. Truly sad. Expand
  32. Jul 15, 2012
    The game is fun until you reach level 60 and inferno. Then it gets boring. Farming the same spot way too many times and only getting **** items isn't my idea of fun. The game is built around tha AH, and when the economy is ruined by bots the RMAH is the only way to go. Diablo 3 should be about killing monsters and finding cool items you could use, but it's not. I'ts repetetive avd it getsThe game is fun until you reach level 60 and inferno. Then it gets boring. Farming the same spot way too many times and only getting **** items isn't my idea of fun. The game is built around tha AH, and when the economy is ruined by bots the RMAH is the only way to go. Diablo 3 should be about killing monsters and finding cool items you could use, but it's not. I'ts repetetive avd it gets really boring really fast Expand
  33. Jul 18, 2012
    D3 was certainly not what I expected. The game has become to focused around the Auction House, which unfortunately seems to be the primary focus around the Blizzard updates. Gameplay is meh at best, and after the first few playthroughs you may realize that it will not provide the sustained longevity that made D2 such a big hit. The graphics are decent, the interface is intuitive, but toD3 was certainly not what I expected. The game has become to focused around the Auction House, which unfortunately seems to be the primary focus around the Blizzard updates. Gameplay is meh at best, and after the first few playthroughs you may realize that it will not provide the sustained longevity that made D2 such a big hit. The graphics are decent, the interface is intuitive, but to me those are primarily aesthetic and don't necessarily make for a good game I was hoping that I would get a lot more play out of this game but unfortunately I've already moved on. Expand
  34. Jul 21, 2012
    Wow... there isnt much more I can say about this game that hasnt already been said.

So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it. I have been on the Diablo 3 forums from day 1 reading and commenting on constructive criticism because I really wanted the game to be successful. The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game

So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it.

The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game in general. Even when I requested a refund from blizzard they asked me to comment on the reasons I was leaving in their forums.

Well... I have been banned from the forums twice now for what they claim to be "Trolling".

What I did was post inside treads that offered constructive, and well worded feedback, and criticism. Most of these posts even without ToS violations get censored and deleted. It doesnt really matter what you say on thier forums, as long as its not something they agree with.. they simply remove it.

I made a very good post the other day about the difference between F2P and P2P, and based on the fact that Diablo 3's business model is to make residual income from its MicroTransaction using the RMAH, I said that Diablo 3 should convert to F2P to get the majority of the players back.

There was a lot of comments some negative and some very constructive that brought up many good points.

This is what blizzard considers trolling. I did not slander blizzard, I did not say their game sucks, I did not make any negitive comments about the game. I simply showed two arguments on how it should be F2P instead of P2P, and got banned for it.

This company is going down hill, and fast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how things are going for not only their parent company but blizzard itself.

So to sum it all up:

Diablo is indeed a very bad game. If you need reasons.. just visit any site that provides user feedback.

Blizzard is a bad company and ppl should not buy games or any products from them. It just allows them to keep doing what they are doing. They will ask you for your opinions and then they will censer you, and then they will ban you for them. This company does not like free thinking ppl, and this is even more obvious if you look at how they totally dumped down the game because they think all you consumers are morons.

Just ask Jay Wilson.
  35. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everything has been said already. This is not a Diablo game. It is a playstation game with cutscenes, long talking cartoony monsters, and no character growth. The gameplay is horrible when compared. If you liked D1 & D2: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. You will lose $60. P.S. DIablo is now a skinny alienlike creature who just talks to you while you fight regular monsters. Weakest ending ever. Expand
  36. Jul 23, 2012
    Okay, this game is just AWFUL. And this is coming from someone who spent over 100 hours on it and beat the game on Inferno with my Wizard so I've given the game more than its fair chance. The first couple of times of beating the game are very fun, especially with friends, I will hand it to Blizzard. The art is nice, the music is not bad, and the environments are somewhat interesting. ThenOkay, this game is just AWFUL. And this is coming from someone who spent over 100 hours on it and beat the game on Inferno with my Wizard so I've given the game more than its fair chance. The first couple of times of beating the game are very fun, especially with friends, I will hand it to Blizzard. The art is nice, the music is not bad, and the environments are somewhat interesting. Then you reach the brick wall that is known as Inferno (the hardest difficulty) and you realize what Blizzard has been planning all along.

The mobs in Inferno suddenly become godlike and all your gear becomes instantly obsolete. Elites and even regular mobs will kick your ass unless you upgrade your very quickly. To make matters worse the game PUNISHES YOU for playing co-op on Inferno, the already disgustingly difficult mobs become near godly and unless you and your friends are supremely geared it's going to be an excruciating exercise in futility. Problem is that 95% of the loot you get in Inferno is literally garbage, so bad that even the NPC vendors will be reluctant to accept them. Magic find increases the chances of getting yellow items, but chances are they are still crap. There are far too many possible attributes during item rolls, so as a result you will almost always get items which make no sense whatsoever (example: Wizard hat with Strength, or Barbarian sword with Intelligence, etc.) and weapons in Act 4 of Inferno with 200 DPS. It's infuriating. It is so bad that when I killed Diablo on Inferno he dropped only blues, and not just any blues but TERRIBLE blues, stuff so bad you wouldn't even use it on Hell difficulty.

So you're thinking to yourself, WHY WHY WHY would they do this?! Why make the mobs so difficult and the gear so bad?!?!

WELL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE REACH THE GOAL OF BLIZZARD'S GAME DESIGN IN DIABLO 3: THE REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE!!!

As stated Inferno is so ridiculously difficult and the loot generally so bad that the ONLY WAY to progress is to use the Auction House. I only managed to beat the game by bidding low gold on items and shopping intelligently, but it took wayyyy longer than it should have. Not only this, I was BASICALLY FORCED TO USE THE AUCTION HOUSE TO BEAT THE GAME. Trust me this isn't just unique to me because I suck, 90% of my friends gave up at Inferno Act 1, those that stayed have had no choice but to use the Auction House as well. The game isn't skill dependent, it is only gear based.

PROBLEM IS that the gold prices of items have flown through the roof due to inflation, botters, and exploiters. So expect to see any half decent weapon for at least 10 million gold, which is no small amount of money. So a lot of people have resorted to using the Real Money Auction House and it's absolute chaos. I've seen people spending over $500 (yes real cash) on a SINGLE ITEM, a virtual item folks that will probably be obsolete in the next patch or expansion. I personally don't believe in spending real money on video game items (especially absurd amounts like stated above) but to each his own. -----

So I really can't help but feel like the entire game was designed to revolve around the Real Money Auction House. The difficulty is absurd at inferno, many of the bosses are basically gear-checks (can only be beaten with certain amounts of DPS) and the loot is so bad that you have no choice but to use the Auction House.

This game is a money grab, it's pay to win, and I'm not sticking around for when they implement Player vs. Player where it's going to be the battle of the credit cards.

I will admit that I got more than my money's worth and it was fun at times, but this franchise has been ruined and this is by FAR the worst Blizzard game I have ever played. I will not remember this fondly like I do Diablo 2 or the Starcraft Series.

SHAME ON YOU BLIZZARD, THIS GAME IS A SCAM

37. Aug 3, 2012
    The perfect example of how games are going. Less content, no thought process needed from players (removed skill point allocation) and more ways for the company to rake in more cash without having to actually do anything (real money auction house). You are forced to play online and have no way at all to have a bit of privacy from your friends as it will show everyone that has you on theirThe perfect example of how games are going. Less content, no thought process needed from players (removed skill point allocation) and more ways for the company to rake in more cash without having to actually do anything (real money auction house). You are forced to play online and have no way at all to have a bit of privacy from your friends as it will show everyone that has you on their list when you are online without offering you any way of discreetly playing without them knowing. How something as simple as an "appear offline" button was left out of a game that makes you log on every time you want to play is beyond my understanding and just causes me to believe even more that the developers truly didn't give a rats a@# about any of their players and just pushed this out for some quick, easy cash.

Honestly, they put in great effort in to their cut-scene animations but everything else just feels lazy.

Profit at the expense of everything and everyone else.
  38. Jul 19, 2013
    -pay to win
    -stupid storyline (my cat can write a better one)
    -no skill/stat points
    -stupid class choices
    -bad graphics (yes it is bad.)
    **** artwork
    -dumb soundacting
    -retarded bosses
    -moronic followers
    -useless items

+auto picking gold is not a bad idea. congratulations.

made by retards for morons to play. good fuvking job.
  39. Aug 7, 2012
    I would love to give this a zero, but in all honesty the art guys did their job, and the game looks great. But as a sequel to D2, it is a major disappointment. After spending 4+ years of promising the community that this was the best Diablo ever, Blizzard finally released this dumbed down, incomplete, buggy, boring, un-fun abomination. I really don't need to repeat what's wrong with thisI would love to give this a zero, but in all honesty the art guys did their job, and the game looks great. But as a sequel to D2, it is a major disappointment. After spending 4+ years of promising the community that this was the best Diablo ever, Blizzard finally released this dumbed down, incomplete, buggy, boring, un-fun abomination. I really don't need to repeat what's wrong with this game: just go to the BattleNet forums. There are many, many well reasoned posts like this [http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246475567] outlining the flaws in this game, and some pretty decent fixes proposed by the community. Sadly, Blizzard isn't listening. Equally, the so-called "critics" have failed the community. Only Armchair Empire [http://www.ae-infinite.com/2012/06/review-diablo-iii-pc.html] got it right.

Sorry, I'm not thankful, and I have no plans to buy the expansion unless this is fixed.
  40. Sep 24, 2012
    I held out for a long time before I tried D3 because of the negative reviews. I am a huge fan of D1 and D2 and, like everyone else, have waited with bated breath for over a decade for this title. I finally broke down and bought the game and I can't accurately express how disappointed I am. The reasons are similar to other complaints but the biggest issue is that I simply don't like beingI held out for a long time before I tried D3 because of the negative reviews. I am a huge fan of D1 and D2 and, like everyone else, have waited with bated breath for over a decade for this title. I finally broke down and bought the game and I can't accurately express how disappointed I am. The reasons are similar to other complaints but the biggest issue is that I simply don't like being treated like a child with ADHD. Diablo 1 and 2 were excellent precisely because of the complexity and tough choices that were entirely removed from this game. Those complex, hard decisions are in fact the very reason they were excellent games. What were the developers thinking? Did they honestly believe that lovers of D1 and D2 would be happy with all their choices being made for them? How did they come to this conclusion? Where are the customer feedback and fan forums where fans of the previous games were complaining that Diablo was too complex and needed to be dumbed down? How does Blizzard leadership allow such completely uncalled for and totally unnecessary design decisions to be made? Why would you so drastically change something that your fan base obviously loved? It's truly mind boggling. Honestly, the overall impression I get from the game design can be summed up perfectly with one word - Lazy. The sales may have made it appear to be a hit so far but I strongly suspect that the sales numbers from D3 reflect the hopes and expectations of fans that were giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt (I certainly fall into that category) because they definitely don't reflect a well designed, intelligent game. I only hope Blizzard decision makers are able to come to the same conclusion. Expand
  41. Feb 7, 2013
    This game failed to improve on Diablo 2. The game has way too many changes from its predecessor. In addition, D3 lacks an end game as the Auction house renders the item hunt short lived. Also, the content (Acts only 4) are quite short and after you complete the game on normal (only option at first) that is all the content and sanctuary completed. So basically Diablo 3 is rinse and repeatThis game failed to improve on Diablo 2. The game has way too many changes from its predecessor. In addition, D3 lacks an end game as the Auction house renders the item hunt short lived. Also, the content (Acts only 4) are quite short and after you complete the game on normal (only option at first) that is all the content and sanctuary completed. So basically Diablo 3 is rinse and repeat in terms of content. Other issues include a very poor non competitive dueling system played on only 1 small map/arena. In conclusion this is a game that failed in terms of content and providing suitable end game options e.g. pvp/ custom games/map editor not existing. Expand
  42. Feb 27, 2013
    One of the best auction house simulators currently available.
    Though the whole thing is tied to a game, so only 4/10, without the game this simulator would have gotten 10/10 from me.
    The games outdated graphics, idiot-proof gameplay and no depth at all combined with a very very bad and short story sadly drag the simulation down. I wish that there was an auction-house-simulator as good
    One of the best auction house simulators currently available.
    I wish that there was an auction-house-simulator as good as this without an unnecesary game atached to it.
  43. May 15, 2012
    An all round disappointment and failure. I found little to no immersion in the actual game, not to mention ERROR 37. After playing for many hours I lost hope to this long awaited sequel of over a decade. Shame on you Blizzard for making me spend my money.
  44. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard decided that they would make a single-player game that runs entirely on their servers and has no offline mode. Since the servers are overloaded and spit out errors every time, I can't play. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37.Blizzard decided that they would make a single-player game that runs entirely on their servers and has no offline mode. Since the servers are overloaded and spit out errors every time, I can't play. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Error 37. Expand
  45. May 15, 2012
    Starting by assuming an average game is a 5/10.
    RMAH, Pay to Win. I can't can't accept this. 4/10
    Always online DRM. Does nothing but inconvenience your own customers, Error 37, while the pirates will have their private servers up within the month. 3/10 No world PvP. For me this is always an important aspect of multiplayer games. 2/10 No PvP at all. Sure we are promised some months from
    Starting by assuming an average game is a 5/10.
    RMAH, Pay to Win. I can't can't accept this. 4/10
    No PvP at all. Sure we are promised some months from now, but so what? Some WoW arena type thing? I doubt I'll still be playing by then. 1/10
    Very short. Almost hilariously so, but then I remember the $60. I blew through this in maybe 5 hours and with no friends. 0/10
    Terrible graphics. Is this 2006? Am I playing Alpha WoW? -1/10
    Clickfest gameplay. Yes it has always been a fault with Diablo, but a fault is a fault. -2/10 Too many scripted events. Just plain don't like them. -3/10
    Too "streamlined." A.k.a casualisation to try and appeal to the lowest common denominator, giving them no credit whatsoever, I like to think people are smarter than this Blizzard. -4/10
    The story. More lolcorruption from Blizzard, with Metzen setting up a redemption apparently, how original. Also ANGEL SOUL RAID END. -5/10
    Diablo looks like an anorexic Balrog now. Why? He's always looked muscular and RED, not skinny and black. -6/10 Some of the cut-scenes looked pretty. -5/10

Overall I'm very disappointed with this, it hasn't improved over Diablo 2 in any respect and it's been over a decade since then. Perhaps I'm being overly critical because of this fact, but even then Diablo 2 was never that great. I still have faith in Blizzard, or want to have it, but with WoW since Wrath, SC2 and now this...
    I hope that Titan blows me away and restores my faith.
  46. May 15, 2012
    Diablo III has awful DRM .It is boring, repetitive and is a grind fest as well as a pay2win mentality. All in hall it is a very bad game - not worth the £45. Having played the beta, I believe Torchlight 2 is better.
  47. May 15, 2012
    A hugely disappointing sequel, Blizzard is now on my list of boycotted developers that are ruining the industry.
    -Lag in single player game due to annoying DRM that will arbitrarily take away the product I paid for if my connection fails
    -Pay2Win cash shop
    -COMPLETE LACK OF REAL CHARACTER CUSTOMISATION
    -Atmosphere totally lacking, generic and grindy
  48. May 15, 2012
    Great game, got CE, one of the best games of all time, worthy sequel to Diablo 3. Logged 8 hours of gametime so far and it is amazing. Played the female monk through and really love how unique her combat is.
  49. May 15, 2012
    Okay yeah guys I'm pissed about the delay too but in defense of blizzard you can't expect servers not to crash when there are millions of people logging in all at the same time, Disney for example has billions upon billions of dollars yet you have to wait in line just like everyone else. Most of us have waited long all ready I didnt think a few hours extra would hurt but hey, when theOkay yeah guys I'm pissed about the delay too but in defense of blizzard you can't expect servers not to crash when there are millions of people logging in all at the same time, Disney for example has billions upon billions of dollars yet you have to wait in line just like everyone else. Most of us have waited long all ready I didnt think a few hours extra would hurt but hey, when the servers went live I've never been so excited! Expand
  50. May 15, 2012
    Technically I didn't pay for this steaming pile, but when you count the actual cost of the annual pass, I've given blizzard twice the amount of what this game retails for. Despite getting past the log in screen boss, the game lags horribly, on a secured with no other users or programs to whore bandwidth. Traceroutes indicate the issue isn't my connection. 300-500 mSec lag is making thisTechnically I didn't pay for this steaming pile, but when you count the actual cost of the annual pass, I've given blizzard twice the amount of what this game retails for. Despite getting past the log in screen boss, the game lags horribly, on a secured with no other users or programs to whore bandwidth. Traceroutes indicate the issue isn't my connection. 300-500 mSec lag is making this game unplayable for me (by the time I click to attack the enemy has already moved). Potions have a cd. No more town portal scrolls, be prepared to run back to town EVERY time you need to dump your inventory. I'll be sticking to the DRM free diablo 2. Expand
  51. May 15, 2012
    Jogo simplesmente fenomenal, vale cada centavo!!!! O jogo consegui manter seu tom sombrio junto com cores vibrantes, jogabilidade excelente, digno de um jogo da Blizzard.
  52. May 15, 2012
    Oh Wow, lots of drm hating going on here! hard to pirate blizzard games, eh? game works like it should, gameplay rocks, settings are beautiful! People don´t seem to realise that Blizzard servers deliver your loot now on, so item duplicators and cheaters could be controlled. those people almost destroyed diablo 1 and 2. buy the game, its worth it, if you´re in aOh Wow, lots of drm hating going on here! hard to pirate blizzard games, eh? game works like it should, gameplay rocks, settings are beautiful! People don´t seem to realise that Blizzard servers deliver your loot now on, so item duplicators and cheaters could be controlled. those people almost destroyed diablo 1 and 2. buy the game, its worth it, if you´re in a good hack and shash.

recommended
  53. May 15, 2012
    This is the most ridiculous thing ever. I am unable to get past the f*cking login screen as I am being plagued with errors. Blizzard you knew this was going to happen, the same thing happened at the beta yet you did NOTHING to try and stop the same thing happening at launch. I miss the good old days of Diablo 2 when I didnt have to logon to a f*cking server to play the single player campaign :/
  54. May 15, 2012
    Great game, the attention to detail is amazing. Love the new skill customisation. One of the best games I've played in a while. The lore from previous games is expanded and lots of answers are finally revelled. The voice acting is good enough, sometimes a little bit cheesy. The cinematics are awesome. 10 out of 10.
  55. May 15, 2012
    The login problems are simply unforgiveable. Leaving aside how stupid the always online system is the simply fact is that Blizzard have the resources and know-how to insure these kind of login issues dont occur. They dont get a pass because its launch day, nor do they deserve our sympathy they are a large corporation and the only relationship between us is that I purchased a product theyThe login problems are simply unforgiveable. Leaving aside how stupid the always online system is the simply fact is that Blizzard have the resources and know-how to insure these kind of login issues dont occur. They dont get a pass because its launch day, nor do they deserve our sympathy they are a large corporation and the only relationship between us is that I purchased a product they sell, a product which does not work as intended, you wouldnt accept this with any other consumer product, why accept it with this one? Expand
  56. May 15, 2012
    If you thought ubisoft had a **** drm, wait until you try this. It's already almost 24 hours after the launch and i still have trouble logging in .
  57. May 15, 2012
    Awful launch from Blizzard. They have launched the game in an unplayable state where I can't even play the single player mode because the servers are woefully inadequate
  58. May 15, 2012
    Sweeet!
    Sweeet!
    A company that's been around doing exactly these kind of games for 100 years release a game that I can't play, because the they don't give a ++++ about me enough to provide the servers their game REQUIRES TO RUN? When I get some server-time it's a lame, bland, Torchlightish experience. Everything good from D2 is GONE (with the original development team?). I feel hate brewing friends, must be Diablo at work. At least Bizarre got that right.
  59. May 15, 2012
    What a mess. Mediocre beta. Horrible release. No character customization, no more attribute points. story is terrible. Finished in 3 hours. Repetitive tripe, IMO. There is a reason there are hundreds of negative reviews which is why I think they spent so much cash on splashy TV commercials. I wish there were lemon laws for video games.
  60. May 15, 2012
    Why so many Negative reviews? Just because they changed it to be more user friendly and more entertaining? Sad to see the people give up on it totally and give it a 0, O wait, they are probably still playing it with their grumpy attitude. Sorry to say but if you want to review a game, at-least give it your best and don't only point out the things you think should not have been removedWhy so many Negative reviews? Just because they changed it to be more user friendly and more entertaining? Sad to see the people give up on it totally and give it a 0, O wait, they are probably still playing it with their grumpy attitude. Sorry to say but if you want to review a game, at-least give it your best and don't only point out the things you think should not have been removed without not giving at-least some Positive feedback.

I give it an 8.

I overall like the graphics, the gameplay and how user friendly they made the game! It may be downgraded a bit for that part but oh well, it is still enjoyable.

The only problems I see so far that most people(not the sore raters) see is the lack of character customization and the server's launch problems but that isn't too big of a issue, they WILL get it fixed and working in no time!
  61. May 15, 2012
    Payed for this game 1 year in advance. I´ve seen many blizzard server problems, but given the time this gave was in the making and with all the prepurchases sold. Not being able to play diablo 3 on launch after such heavy advertisement is just **** ridiculous.
  62. May 15, 2012
    I am deeply frustrated by Diablo 3. The game looked so promising. But after all these Years, it came out as a bastard between softcore and hardcore entertainment. It can't decide wether to be dark or colourful. Deep or superstitious. This conflict is present in all aspects of the game. Be it the story, the games mechanics or the character design...

I cannot say, you shouldn't buy the

I cannot say, you shouldn't buy the game. After all its a high standard Blizzard product. But don't expect it to be the cutting edge, dark experience Diablo was 16 years ago.
  63. May 15, 2012
    I can usually find a redeaming feature in just about anything and never cast straight zeroes (and very rarely straight 10s), but if value returned for money paid is exactly zero, what can I say?
    Being unable to use the product I bought because of a feature I did not want, IS a straight zero.
    Another company brought down by greed, incompetence and unacceptable business practises. Why was it
    Why was it possible to play Starcraft in offline mode once I logged in, and why isn't it in D3? If I'm FORCED to be online all of the time, there is NO excuse for not enough servers in use or the software not working. I refuse to be cheated and patronized by companies that take my money and THEN treat me like a criminal. No more games with forced online mode in single player for me. Period.
  64. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cause i can't log in. Period. Expand
  65. May 15, 2012
    Yet another example of how DRM is killing the PC game industry. Went to a midnight launch last night (in Ohio) only to discover the game doesn't unlock until Midnight PST (which is 3AM EST). Then spent the next hour and a half attempting to login to play, but couldn't. Woke up today and was able to login and play for about an hour. Logged out to switch characters, and the servers were backYet another example of how DRM is killing the PC game industry. Went to a midnight launch last night (in Ohio) only to discover the game doesn't unlock until Midnight PST (which is 3AM EST). Then spent the next hour and a half attempting to login to play, but couldn't. Woke up today and was able to login and play for about an hour. Logged out to switch characters, and the servers were back down until 1630 EST. Was able to log back in and play for a bit, but they just shut the servers down AGAIN.

Also, compared to D2, this game is dumbed way, way down. Don't get me wrong, when you can actually play the game it's mildly entertaining, but far too easy.

D3 is to action RPGs what Halo is to FPS games: A dumbed down game designed for the unwashed masses, rather than a game engineered to be a fun, challenging ride.
  66. May 15, 2012
    As an avid D1/D2 player from release, this game is a worthy sequel. I have no clue what is persuading so many people to have such a raging tantrum. It's ridiculous.
  67. May 15, 2012
    Dear Blizzard, you ruined the name Diablo with this RPGless,WOWsimilar game with no atmosphere.

Instead of Diablo 3 you should have done additional datadisk to Diablo 2 with 2 new characters and with original graphic (maybe higher resolution etc.) and the players would love you.

You should have left the legend sleep!! Shame on you!
  68. May 15, 2012
    Disregard the trolls... that are giving this game more than 2. As always Blizzard-Activision is showing us how much they don't care about us, but about our money. The game is plainly bad, and it's made for the WoW audience, instead of the original Diablo fans. Even if you feel like you may enjoy the game (that you'll have problems even playing because of forced internet connections), doDisregard the trolls... that are giving this game more than 2. As always Blizzard-Activision is showing us how much they don't care about us, but about our money. The game is plainly bad, and it's made for the WoW audience, instead of the original Diablo fans. Even if you feel like you may enjoy the game (that you'll have problems even playing because of forced internet connections), do NOT buy it, don't give any amount of cash to Blizzard, do not feed the beast that is killing gaming. Expand
  69. May 15, 2012
    They used to pay attention to the details of the game, not any more. They used to care about the game experience, not any more, the users couldn't even get into the game which suppose to be played as a single game.

Poor story line as always.

Bad launch and customer service as alwasy, or you can say they just failed.
  70. May 15, 2012
    To the Blizzdrones screaming, "Rate the game, not the launch!" -- the servers directly impact the quality of the game. Blizzard said that Diablo III would be launched on May 15th. It's May 15th and I've gotten in less than 2 hours of gameplay. This is what happens when you put greed before need and try to force everyone to use your servers so broke 13 year old boys can't pirate theTo the Blizzdrones screaming, "Rate the game, not the launch!" -- the servers directly impact the quality of the game. Blizzard said that Diablo III would be launched on May 15th. It's May 15th and I've gotten in less than 2 hours of gameplay. This is what happens when you put greed before need and try to force everyone to use your servers so broke 13 year old boys can't pirate the software.

BUT TO BE FAIR: The dialog and story in the game is abysmal. There is no plot, Leah is the mandatory **** and ass" to appeal to the kids, and all the voice actors are overdoing dialog that is almost insulting to my intelligence.

This is the sequel to the game that defined my childhood and I am not impressed, both by it and Blizzard's performance. Do not buy.
  71. May 15, 2012
    Never pictured myself as the register-just-to-give-a-zero type. But alas here we are. Single player online only; bad for Blizzard, bad for gamers, bad for the industry.
  72. May 15, 2012
    Bad graphics. No single player; always online. No LAN. No character customization. Casual skill trees. Health orbs. Plot is the typical Chris Metzen "CORRUPTION!!" cut and paste Blizzard storyline. Diablo has female hips. Pay 2 Win real money auction house. $1 fee on all trades, 15% money fee goes directly to Activision-Blizzard. Error 37; I couldn't play the night I bought the game. MadeBad graphics. No single player; always online. No LAN. No character customization. Casual skill trees. Health orbs. Plot is the typical Chris Metzen "CORRUPTION!!" cut and paste Blizzard storyline. Diablo has female hips. Pay 2 Win real money auction house. $1 fee on all trades, 15% money fee goes directly to Activision-Blizzard. Error 37; I couldn't play the night I bought the game. Made by none of the crew of Diablo II and feels like it. Sets the genre back about 10 years, yet it will smash all sales records. Anyone who enjoyed Diablo II should be ashamed of buying this game and slowly killing the hobby of videogames. I am ashamed of myself. Expand
  73. May 15, 2012
    Doesn't work. Games that cannot be played upon launch are nonfunctioning products, and receive a zero: not buying the game and not being able to play it is actually more fun than buying the game and not being able to play it.
  74. May 15, 2012
    i was a huge diablo and blizzard fan but im afraid i have to give them a huge slap with this release. even if the game were great, its not much use when no-one can play it. the server problems are simply not good enough, especially since they knew the volume of pre-orders. i read the stories on the forums about people who took days off work which have been wasted and blizzard need toi was a huge diablo and blizzard fan but im afraid i have to give them a huge slap with this release. even if the game were great, its not much use when no-one can play it. the server problems are simply not good enough, especially since they knew the volume of pre-orders. i read the stories on the forums about people who took days off work which have been wasted and blizzard need to know this is not good enough. i was hugely disappointed with the open beta weekend... stopped playing bored after 20 mins, and this from someone who lost sleep constantly for d2 at the drop of a hat.

the lack of customization systems is disappointing, requiring online connections for SP is ridiculous.

so so disappointed. blizzard was one of a very few game developers i would buy from assured of a quality product... not any more. i seriously hope they take a huge loss to credibility on this one, otherwise it'll just be telling developers they can treat the paying customer like fools and do what they want with no consequences... like other game developers have many times in the past unfortunately.
  75. May 15, 2012
    I purchased Diablo 3 on the launch and expected a fully functional product at the release. What I got was a game that wasn't working. I spent hours trying to play the game, but it seems like it's impossible to login and play the game, which I payed 60USD for. This is the first time I've purchased a product which I can't use. I am very surprised that Blizzard haven't spent more time withI purchased Diablo 3 on the launch and expected a fully functional product at the release. What I got was a game that wasn't working. I spent hours trying to play the game, but it seems like it's impossible to login and play the game, which I payed 60USD for. This is the first time I've purchased a product which I can't use. I am very surprised that Blizzard haven't spent more time with this game, since it's been a what? 8 year development cycle? How can you release a game filled with bugs and crashes and a non-functional login which makes it impossible to play the game? Oh don't let me start with the PvP and customization aspects they've removed from the game. Expand
  76. May 15, 2012
    Thankfully i had time to cancel my pre-order because of the required online connection DRM crap just for a simple singleplayer game!!?! $60 for this DRM filled pile of garbage is not even worthy of the Diablo series.As others have said the lack of LAN and offline mode killed the game for me as well as many people who are hardcore Diablo fans.Paying $60 for a game with everything controlledThankfully i had time to cancel my pre-order because of the required online connection DRM crap just for a simple singleplayer game!!?! $60 for this DRM filled pile of garbage is not even worthy of the Diablo series.As others have said the lack of LAN and offline mode killed the game for me as well as many people who are hardcore Diablo fans.Paying $60 for a game with everything controlled on the server side is just plain insane!!! Expand
  77. May 15, 2012
    Major dissapointment on release. Huge problems and game breaking bugs. Unable to play single player (even an isolated char with equipment etc.. restricted to just that game) because of always-connected requirement.

Had to restart the game several times due to bugs and server issues and incorrect default install options, and I'm not certain if I ca be bothered to replay the beginning over and over...

Stay Away until they fix the issues and release it much cheaper in a few months! dont fall for the hype and pay the extra cash to play it now.
  78. May 15, 2012
    Pay to win and always online DRM, two things I do no support. Shame on Activision and Blizzard entertainment for making this an industry standard.
  79. May 15, 2012
    Online only? What kind of Orwellian future am I living in? Game is worse than D2 due to lack of features. Incredibly frustrating because the graphics and cinematics are A+.
  80. May 15, 2012
    You'd think that with this many years to get something right, they'd get it right. However, Blizzard somehow released a deeply flawed product with game-ending bugs that forces players to stay connected to the Internet to use a single-player game that they paid $60 for. That would be fine if the servers worked, and if every Internet connection was reliable. More to the point, the gameYou'd think that with this many years to get something right, they'd get it right. However, Blizzard somehow released a deeply flawed product with game-ending bugs that forces players to stay connected to the Internet to use a single-player game that they paid $60 for. That would be fine if the servers worked, and if every Internet connection was reliable. More to the point, the game itself is cartoony, confusing and short. One group of players beat it in seven hours. It's almost like they hired 3D Realms of Duke Nukem Forever fame to build the game. Dislike. Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard are the biggest gaming company in the world (11 billion dollars) with over 4000 employees and they still cant launch a game right. Ain't this one big fail? They wanted to be cheap about all of this so they didn't buy bigger servers that could hold all of the players. Now because of their greed every legitimate player is suffering. The real money auction house is one of the manyBlizzard are the biggest gaming company in the world (11 billion dollars) with over 4000 employees and they still cant launch a game right. Ain't this one big fail? They wanted to be cheap about all of this so they didn't buy bigger servers that could hold all of the players. Now because of their greed every legitimate player is suffering. The real money auction house is one of the many things that have ruined this game. Now every kid with their parents credit card at hand can become stronger than people who play for a much longer time. I wouldn't mind it if there was no PVP. But there is, so its not going to be fair at all. Another point - there is no single player and no LAN. Which is just absolutely retarded, even for Blizzard. I just played a bit of single player right now and it was LAGGING MASSIVELY. I just cant express my feelings with words alone. Blizzard failed in so many ways... Expand
  82. May 15, 2012
    Its started out playing out like a dumbed down version of D2 with WoW's art direction. I hope gameplay and character development will deepen but, of course I cannot play, thank you errors 37 and 3006. The always on internet connection is hard enough to swallow when you are playing a single player game, but Bliz got the benefit of the doubt. Who but them knows how to handle massive onlineIts started out playing out like a dumbed down version of D2 with WoW's art direction. I hope gameplay and character development will deepen but, of course I cannot play, thank you errors 37 and 3006. The always on internet connection is hard enough to swallow when you are playing a single player game, but Bliz got the benefit of the doubt. Who but them knows how to handle massive online users after all they have learned with WoW...so now IO think I never buy another game that requires a persistent online connection, and definately don't buy anything until after the first round of user reviews. Expand
  83. Jun 9, 2012
    The reason we are so against this game is because what Blizzard is trying to accomplish is a very dark day for gamers. They have created a game designed to get as much money from its consumers as possible instead of creating something fun. The entire difficulty system is one gear check after another, and in order to get gear you must use the auction house. Any item that is any goodThe reason we are so against this game is because what Blizzard is trying to accomplish is a very dark day for gamers. They have created a game designed to get as much money from its consumers as possible instead of creating something fun. The entire difficulty system is one gear check after another, and in order to get gear you must use the auction house. Any item that is any good will be placed in its real money auction, which Blizzard will take a 15% cut of the transaction. So in order for a player to realistically farm items at the highest difficulty they must first allow themselves to be farmed by Blizzard of real cash. If you do not spend real money and give Blizzard its 15% cut, you will only have a frustrating experience while everybody around you gets ahead. Don't allow a giant corporation like Blizzard start this horrible trend of making games that's completely designed to get money from us instead of it being fun. Don't think just because you were a wow player and got this game for free meant that you aren't going to end up paying for this game. Expand
  84. May 15, 2012
    y u no have better severs?

#Error37

This game isn't all that great. Blizzard not support servers for paying customers is like robbing Helen Keller.
  85. May 15, 2012
    Guess what? Bought the game, can't **** play it. Don't know if its good or not, so I'll just give it a 0. Blizzard needs to mature as a company.
  86. May 15, 2012
    My score will remain 0 till server are stable. With all the server down time how can anybody give a proper review. Fix your servers Blizz staff. This launch is was horrible.
  87. May 15, 2012
    I made an account just so i could give this game a 0. I might have fun later, but these first days have been a nightmare for me. I can't have fun so this game falls in the fail category for me.
  88. May 15, 2012
    60 dollars for a broken log-in screen. Blizzard knows what kind of hardware they need to keep the servers up but simply chose to save money and wait for server populations to settle. I have always been weary about this kind of always online DRM but chose to forego my better judgement and purchase the game anyways. Keep this kind of DRM out of single-player games.
  89. May 15, 2012
    Having a game launch as unplayable after months and months of extensive beta testing is just bad form. Not to mention, the game is half finished and will have the pvp features completed "later". If the game doesn't work, don't ship it. The people responsible for this joke of a game should be sacked. The little bit that we have seen prior to release looks exactly like the first twoHaving a game launch as unplayable after months and months of extensive beta testing is just bad form. Not to mention, the game is half finished and will have the pvp features completed "later". If the game doesn't work, don't ship it. The people responsible for this joke of a game should be sacked. The little bit that we have seen prior to release looks exactly like the first two with graphics that are about a decade behind. Just terrible. Do not buy this game. Expand
  90. May 15, 2012
    This game gets a 0 for "doesn't even work." I tried to log on about 8:00pm on the day after the launch, and I get "Battle.net is down ERROR 3003" I went to the help forums and get "Sorry, blizzard support websites are undergoing maintenance."

Finally, some news on Twitter from @BlizzardCS -- since all the blizzard websites are FUBAR, the only remaining method of communication is Twitter -- saying the game will be down for 4 hours, so no need to stay awake.

I'm sorry, this is completely ridiculous. Was 12 YEARS not long enough to develop a game that can even run at all on launch day? Maybe the problem is that Vivendi bought the rights to the Diablo name, but it lost all of the original Diablo and Diablo II developers who actually knew how to make such a game work.

Just pitiful.
  91. May 15, 2012
    Bought and installed the game, can't play even 1 minute of it, getting only error messages, the back on the box says "Internet connection requred", well I have it, the rig is decent too ... however nowhere says that the game won't work on purchase ... why in the blue hell a billion dollar company will sell product when is still not ready, it is like buying a new car but I have to get toBought and installed the game, can't play even 1 minute of it, getting only error messages, the back on the box says "Internet connection requred", well I have it, the rig is decent too ... however nowhere says that the game won't work on purchase ... why in the blue hell a billion dollar company will sell product when is still not ready, it is like buying a new car but I have to get to the service shop every day because the engine manufacturer screwed up ... Blizzard and Activision are f...ing clowns Expand
  92. May 15, 2012
    1d6

1-3 The servers are down
    4-6 the servers are up

It's a coinflip at this point.

The launch has been a disaster. I thought this kind of crap was over?
  93. May 15, 2012
    If Blizzard demands that the user have an active online connection. The user should be allowed to demand an active online connection. It is totally unacceptable that you purchase a game for a lot of money that can't be played. I don't care if it is the launch day. This just show us that this can happen any time.

Regarding the gave itself - I agree with the other reviewers. The graphics

Regarding the gave itself - I agree with the other reviewers. The graphics aren't that good and if this was any other game it would be rated low but I think that all game sites and magazines are so hyped they will give Diablo a high score anyway.

A dissapointment.
  94. Jul 14, 2012
    When I lost my fourth hardcore character due to d/c I had enough, crappy "always online" in a single-player game. Now I uninstalled Diablo 3 for good, and this was the last time I got a Blizzard game directly at the launch.
  95. May 16, 2012
    Just terrible. Graphics is outdated, no storyline and gameplay... bleah, pure grind with a bit of farm. No skill required, no building options, boring skill tree and so on.
  96. May 16, 2012
    First, I will not talk about the day of the release, ONLY of the game itself. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. It's not just the TOTAL lack of personalization, the TOTAL lack of technical decisions and the TOTAL lack of responsibility in your choices ... Blizzard has made it a game to play TELETUBBIES and TODDLERS. Diablo3 Have NOTHING than it did that after DIABLO 2 was worth waiting 12 years for aFirst, I will not talk about the day of the release, ONLY of the game itself. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. It's not just the TOTAL lack of personalization, the TOTAL lack of technical decisions and the TOTAL lack of responsibility in your choices ... Blizzard has made it a game to play TELETUBBIES and TODDLERS. Diablo3 Have NOTHING than it did that after DIABLO 2 was worth waiting 12 years for a third part. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT, i want my money back! Expand
  97. Dec 3, 2012
    regardless of my last review due to the error you know what, this is my evaluation of the 'working' title. Overall the game hasn't deviated that much from diablo 2, it still possess the same gameplay many enjoyed back in the previous titles save for a few things like health orbs appearing to save your ass. Although in terms of innovation it's not groundbreaking by any means. Things thatregardless of my last review due to the error you know what, this is my evaluation of the 'working' title. Overall the game hasn't deviated that much from diablo 2, it still possess the same gameplay many enjoyed back in the previous titles save for a few things like health orbs appearing to save your ass. Although in terms of innovation it's not groundbreaking by any means. Things that takes away from the game is the always online drm which made it feel more like an mmorpg, even during single player, ultimately it felt it deliberately built around the auction house, I could see how many are upset over this. Still overall this is a great title. Expand
  98. May 16, 2012
    We won't accept this kind of DRM from any gaming company.
    Always online single player? What a piece of crap! I have lag playing the Single Player Campaign which I want to play alone like I did with my other Diablos so no, thanks.
    We won't accept this kind of DRM from any gaming company.
    What about those of us who are not in North America or Europe? We have massive pings against blizzard's servers and that has no solution. (I've heard people from inside Europe and America are getting quite nasty pings aswell).
    Also the RMAH and all that "Pay to win" crap is disappointing.
    This is no longer Diablo, this is "play wow alone, or with a maximum of 3 friends".
    You did it, you destroyed a highly anticipated sequel blizzard.
    They could have implemented an offline SP and peer to peer multiplayer and we would have next to no lag whatsoever. THAT is GOOD netcode.
    The gameplay suffers highly from the lag.
    Because of all of this + poor graphics + dumbed down gameplay + hardly any customization (because of no stats, etc) I give this game (stating an average game is a 5/10) a remarkable 0.
    We, gamers, don't like greedy corporations. We want good games.
  99. May 16, 2012
    Don't let the title and the developer's name fool you.This game has little to do with Blizzard North's dark, atmospheric RPG classics.
    With its sterile, watercolor graphics, dumbed down game mechanics (checkpoints, auto loot, health orbs, huge inventory, carefree soft-core death etc.) and character customization (automatically upgrading skills and attributes, an almost non-existent skill tree, total lack of long-term choices etc.) Diablo 3 seems and feels more like a mediocre, boring extension of the Warcraft franchise.
  100. May 16, 2012
    This game spooked me like no game since the first Diablo has. The story is epic, the narrative well-integrated with gameplay, which is cutting edge for the genre. I know I'll be playing it for months to come.
  101. May 21, 2012
    First off, I just want to clarify that this review is not a complaint over the connection issues/first day launch problems. So many "critics" want to wash the consumers complaints with, "Give them a break," or "This is expected during launch." They fail to acknowledge what is actually written within the thousands, yes I said thousands of negative reviews. To put it simply and clearly thisFirst off, I just want to clarify that this review is not a complaint over the connection issues/first day launch problems. So many "critics" want to wash the consumers complaints with, "Give them a break," or "This is expected during launch." They fail to acknowledge what is actually written within the thousands, yes I said thousands of negative reviews. To put it simply and clearly this game is GARBAGE. Why? The intense feeling of gloom and doom that one once had when playing Diablo 2 is completely gone in Diablo 3, the graphics are MUCH to bright and cartoonish. When playing you can never become attached to the game simply because of the graphics engine in which they chose to use with diablo 3 (world of warcraft graphics engine). The voice acting for some of the characters, such as the male wizard; is absolutely TERRIBLE. A homeless man could have done a better job on acting the scripted dialogue and dont let that one famous voice voice actor from avatar fool you into believing the rest of the voice actors in Diablo 3 are going to be exceptionally amazing. The story line is a major disappointment, so not to spoil it I will not explain further but to put it simply, I could have created a better story line. Next up, the skill tree. The skill tree is so auto pilot that a 5 year old kid could play through normal without suffering any consequences of the skills in which they can choose from. Did I say choose? I meant given to them. Also, there is no potion bar in which you strategically heal yourself, so the more this 5 year old child kills things the faster he can heal himself and progress through the rest of the game mindlessly clicking away. The little socialization features Diablo 2 aloud are completely gone and instead is on the xbox live format of socialization, which is auto assigning games with random people. Pointless to play hardcore because of this, also impossible to play hardcore, they included it but do not allow quick exits anymore. Ya you read right, 10 second delay on logging out of a game which means if blizzards sites lag (which they do 24/7) you cant just quickly exit to save your butt. Blizzard only added hardcore mode to the game to bring back that crowd thinking it would be the same but instead is only a gimmick. Do not waist your money, I would advise it because you will regret it. This game is much like the star wars the old republic hype, blizzard is only riding on the name to sell copies. Keep in mind Diablo 1 and 2 where created by blizzard north NOT Blizzard, so the developers are completely talent less and under a corporate mind set in which is the newly formed Blizzard. Watch out folks, games like star craft, world of warcraft, diablo are just never going to be the same. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012