Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 15, 2012
    This is a serious review with no spoilers. To Blizzard and all developers that read this, DRM is not an option and gamers will not except it EVER. Single Player should mean offline play with NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Anyone giving this a low score because they cannot log in to play are morons. The graphics and sound are obviously going to be good. The story might pass or fail in the end. ButThis is a serious review with no spoilers. To Blizzard and all developers that read this, DRM is not an option and gamers will not except it EVER. Single Player should mean offline play with NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Anyone giving this a low score because they cannot log in to play are morons. The graphics and sound are obviously going to be good. The story might pass or fail in the end. But this game is a complete failure because of server side DRM being recquired. After so many years when blizzards servers shutdown my children will not enjoy this game because of DRM. Shame on you Blizzard and anyone who supports DRM games with their $$$. Duke Nukem may have been a bad game but at least the steam lets me play single player offline. Also wheres our LAN! Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    I felt overall the story arc was way too serious in comparison to the other games--I mean, it gets kinda ridiculous toward the end. Diablo is waaaay too easy in this game if you're able to get the right resists. I can't wait to try him on inferno, but ultimately this game is a lot easier and shorter than the other Diablo titles--at least at first. I recommend for new players to play as aI felt overall the story arc was way too serious in comparison to the other games--I mean, it gets kinda ridiculous toward the end. Diablo is waaaay too easy in this game if you're able to get the right resists. I can't wait to try him on inferno, but ultimately this game is a lot easier and shorter than the other Diablo titles--at least at first. I recommend for new players to play as a Wizard--his spells get really good toward the end. Expand
  3. May 15, 2012
    Too simplified game principles, wow graphics, too many concessions. Poor atmosphere as well. This game is not so good as Diablo 2. I don´t like new health/mana system as well. Character development is very simplified.
  4. Jul 23, 2012
    I hate being negative but sometimes a man´s gotta do what a man´s gotta do. This game sucked big time. There are of course a lot of arguments that can be used and I´m sure my fellow critics have done so already so I´ll keep mine short and explain the thing that bothered me the most. But first of, the positive things.

I like the artwork and the story isnt half

I like the artwork and the story isnt half bad. I didn´t care all that much about the story because western RPG always suck compared to eastern (japanese) RPG:s. To complain about the story is thus a waste of time.

But I have witnessed the ultimate sellout of fans by a company with this game. Vivendi/Activision/Blizzard have lost all track of what made Blizzard such a successful company in the first place. Their hardcore fans, the gamers. With the release of this game, they spat on the face of every gamer out there. They made us buy a game that first of was incomplete, secondly it was unbeatable by default.

Who in their right minds releases a single player game in which a single player cannot finish the game?

Apparently Blizzard does.

This game is impossible to beat on inferno level (which is the endgame) without having to use the auction house. Keep in mind, this is a single player game. Why do I even have to use the Auction House?

For one reason, RMAH (Real Money Auction House).

It´s a great idea for the company, make players buy and sell gear whilst Blizzard makes cash without actually having to work. But for the players this means that the best gear will always sell for cash and that the ingame gold AH (Auction House) gets depleted of the best items.

RMAH is however acceptable even though it´s tacky as hell. If they wanna be greedy, sure go right ahead.

But in this case Blizzard has made the game so hard on inferno level that the usage of the AH was impossible to avoid. If AH is unavoidable then RMAH automatically becomes the next step.

But, don´t you get drops in the game?

Well of course you do, nothing usable but of course you do.

The loot system is innovative, the first game I have ever encountered where the highest item level (ilvl) on drops doesn´t mean that youre getting the best gear. I have gotten alot of the ilvl 63 which is the highest possible and yet I have nothing to show for it. My best gear is actually an ilvl 61 (it´s the best drop I have gotten and it beats my ilvl 63 bought gear), this after 250 hours of gameplay. "Then why do you even have item levels Blizz?", should be the first question they should answer.

Diablo 3 is the biggest pyramid scheme since the pyramids themselves:p and for this Blizzard should take a timeout in the corner and reflect on their shameful behaviour. Standing next to them should be the corrupt media that has given this game a good reviews. Shame on you, the free press, bought and paid for by lazy and greedy developers. I´m still giving this game 3/10 because of the artwork and the 250 hours of gameplay it gave me. But this was the last time Vivendi/Activision/Blizzard get´s a dime from me and I used to be a big fan.

1. Aug 31, 2012